[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 58

File: 669_large.jpg (27KB, 474x422px) Image search: [Google]
669_large.jpg
27KB, 474x422px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Fat nobles edition. Tell me about your run ins with the nobility and how they went.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Vampire Hunter D Setting Supplement: https://www.dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire%20Hunter%20D%20Pathfinder%20Supplement.pdf?dl=0

Old Thread: >>50531794
>>
>pulled a six layer "they were dopplegangers" plot
>I wrote down on a sheet of paper who in the castle were dopplegangers, sealed it in an envelope, and gave it to a players so no take backsies
>fooled them into thinking the guy who they thought was a doppleganger wasn't and was actually an agent of the crown when he killed another doppleganger in front of them, telling them he was sent to route out the corruption
>joke was on then, he was also a doppleganger
>even worse one of the PCs was also a doppleganger, having been killed a while back when he "escaped"
>I handed the PC a note at some point saying "you've been activated, kill your party members"
>he looked up at me and I nodded
>he was still alive but a prisoner, the doppleganger had been with the party for three sessions
>one player down and against their supposed friend plus another doppleganger the PCs barely survived

Was pretty fun.
>>
File: 1368563666719.jpg (88KB, 463x543px) Image search: [Google]
1368563666719.jpg
88KB, 463x543px
>>50538028
Finally found out in character the core NPC of the game was a princess. Pic related.
>>
>>50538070
Next put them in a tower where every item is a mimic.

And then the whole tower is a mimic.
>>
>>50538094
Delicious.

I'll get the spices!
>>
>>50538094
>chest mimic
>inside a room mimic
>behind a door mimic
>up a ladder mimic
>inside a tower mimic
>>
File: 1421299917338.gif (581KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1421299917338.gif
581KB, 320x240px
>>50538070
>>joke was on then, he was also a doppleganger
>>
>>50538070
>GM's face when all the players were as well
>>
>>50538123
>>50538129
Remember, the goal is to destroy your players' trust in their fellow man!
>>
>>50538070
I could not describe how angry I would be at the betrayal.
>>
>>50537983
>>50537963
>>50537927
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>50538205
huh
>>
>>50538205
hmmm
>>
>>50538030
Makes sense to me, I'll keep this in mind, thanks. I guess I could've done worse for my first PF character.
>>
Would you rather have a gun or a cha to hit and damage starknife?
>>
Is there any class like the Rogue, Ninja, Assassin, or similar that doesn't suck?

I'm OK with it if it has to use a bit of magic.
>>
>>50538379

Unchained Rogue
Slayer
Vigilante
Bard
Wizard
>>
File: FFIXV_viera_concept_art2.jpg (96KB, 1419x583px) Image search: [Google]
FFIXV_viera_concept_art2.jpg
96KB, 1419x583px
>Eye am back with first draft on bunnygirl race, henceforth known as Inabin (singular and plural). This is just the basic "tewi" race, and the "veira" race will be a separate offshoot with different bonuses and racial stats. I'm just going to drop the stats currently and get some feedback on that, and not get into writing fluff yet.

Humanoid (Inabin)
Size: Medium
Base Speed: 30ft (normal)
Ability score modifiers: +2dex, +2cha, -2wis
Languages: Standard (common, selection of seven others).
Senses (1rp): Low light vision.
Defenses (4rp): Lucky (greater) - A +2 racial bonus on all saves.

Misc (1rp): Jumper - Inabin are always considered to have a running start when making acrobatics checks for purposes of jumping

Skill bonuses (5rp): +2 bluff, +2 perception, bluff and perception are always considered class skills.

Total racepoint value: 11 RP

Inabins are super cute! they stand around five foot four, but they have about a foot of ears! They like to be bards, rogues, paladins, and your non-shit [swashbuckler] of choice! Sometimes they're gunslingers too!

Their wis penalty hurts them a little bit when it comes to being clerics, but its something they do often with luck, community (the ability to donate a save is pretty powerful!) and trickery domains.

We dont talk about the black rabbit antipaladin inabins
>>
>>50538305
Don't give up anon! Someone might run a Hell's Vengeance backup game, and if not there are still plenty of other groups in the sea! I believe in you!

>>50538379
Slayer!

It can get a similar sneaky feel, though if you tell us what specifically you like about those lasses we can help you better.
>>
>>50538094

You would need some coaching after that wrecking. I know a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5Yw4ZoDO0
>>
>>50538402

Spike damage. Marking. Agility. Trickery. Non-combat skills. Stealth.
>>
>>50538402
Definitely holding out hope for a backup HV game.

any anons considering doing this?
>>
>>50538379
Vigilante
Unchained Rogue
Investigator
Bard
Alchemist
Slayer
>>
>>50538645
Slayer is literally perfect for that. You mark people with Studied Target, which not only gives you a bonus to damage, but one to non-combat skills against that target. It's great, give it a look.
>>
>>50538646
I'd not mind playing, having to shelve entire character concepts does suck...
>>
File: 1475001013220.jpg (58KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1475001013220.jpg
58KB, 720x405px
What the fuck is a full initiator, and why would a GM ban them from their game?
>>
File: TeiDharma.jpg (267KB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
TeiDharma.jpg
267KB, 500x543px
>>50538400
How do we refluff Tei as the god of Inabin? Associated with a god of the moon (kaguya). Luck, community and trickery domains are obvious.

Neutral Good alignment? What else are we missing here?
>>
>>50538827
Basically it's a way for martial classes to hit around tier 3, and they get banned because that's something that no non-spellcasting class should ever aspire to.
>>
>>50538827
Full initiator refers to the full-progression PoW maneuver users. They get natural access as they level all the way to 9th level maneuvers, as opposed to "partial" which is all the archetypes, which go up to 6th.
>>
How would you build a "Soft style" Martial artist /pfg/?
>>
>>50538873
What is "soft style", anon?
>>
>>50538873

Kitsune style fighter, brawler, or monk. Avoid trip, it's shit.
>>
>>50538884
"hard style" martial arts are focused on strikes, deep rooted stances and they rely a lot on 'explosive' muscle power mostly - the guy you see 'chamber' up and proceed to kick through a four foot wide tree is using a hard style. They're things like karate, tae-kwon-do, muay thai and various ultra-punchy chinese martial arts.

"soft" styles aren't designed around being the biggest, strongest meanest motherfucker around, they're designed for the little girl / jackie chan / bruce lee. They're about oblique strikes and redirecting 'power', this is the sort of style where you see a little girl throw someone to the ground. Kung Fu, Aiki and Judo (to a lesser extent) are all soft styles.

>>50538873
Defensive fighting, throws, disarming and redirecting - not sure what exactly to direct you towards though.
>>
>>50538884

To defeat foes with minimum amount of force applied, using sumission holds, throws, deflecting force, and on occation striking vital areas precisely.

In meme terms. A dexfag.

In practical terms, a person who uses Tai Chi offensively, Judo, Jujitsu,
>>
>>50538931

Slayer, Vigilante, and Unchained Rogue are also acceptable
>>
>>50538884
Street fighter shoto's are hard style users

Dead or alive little girls / ninja's are soft style users
>>
>>50538967
The one opera singer lady in dead or alive uses pi qua, which is apparently about using flapping motions with your hands to treat them like whips.
>>
>>50538873
Unchained Rogue focusing on unarmed strikes. Sap Adept + Sap Master lets you deal double sneak dice (plus a little extra) if the target is flatfooted and the damage is nonlethal. You now basically have pressure point strikes that can knock people out in a single jab.

Then spec into Feinting to make your fighting style fluid and unpredictable, and so you can get reliable sneak attacks. Scout rogue or intimidate+shatter defenses might make this easier, I dunno.
>>
>>50538873
Flowing Monk probably. I think I had an old Trip build I could repurpose to throw people around if they try to attack.
>>
>>50538997

>Feinting

No, feinting is complete shit. Shatter defenses does far, far, far more and is better.

>>50539021

>Flowing monk
>Trip

Both are shit.
>>
File: iyt1.png (383KB, 1214x923px) Image search: [Google]
iyt1.png
383KB, 1214x923px
>>50537302
>>50537316
Yes. The snarky, French bitch of a demigod at one point was/would be roped into a favor for the Empress and Emperor. Instead of being commissioned for an artifact of sorts, they requested her to tutor their first and only child. Elsbeth, out of spite Yes she's allowed to be petty after everything she had to deal with, began by first teaching Geliche how to swear in 17 languages.

Born of a mutated Spanish Mystic and a divine German Warlord, educated by a French, holy agent and embodiment of Magic itself; her form a bastardization of of beasts of myth and might. Geliche' really is a chimera, isn't she?

>Dragging this over from last bread in case it was missed.
>>
>>50538400
Pretty neat. Though once you get more experience making races you may want to step off race points.

Race points aren't always balance, and they don't take into account creating new abilities well.
>>
>>50539079
Mechanically, what would Geliche be?
>>
>>50539084
I use race points as a guideline. I know that they aren't perfect in any way - but much like creating new magic items they're a decent place to start making comparisons.
>>
I'm gonna build a Witch for a home game. I was thinking about becoming beast bonded for flavor and Shadow Patron for utility shit. My end goal was to get to 10th level, get the twin soul or whatever it's called and bind with a quasit familiar and say I'm a shadow demon reincarnated as a mortal. Then whenever I die I just body jump and be a pseudo lich.

There's probably a better familiar than a quasit for something like this, probably along the lines of Imp, Arbiter Inevitable or Faerie dragon, but that kind of ruins the fluff since shadow demons don't really have as interesting of an analogue among other outsiders, not that I know of anyway. I'd do Qlippoth since I like the monsters and the concept, but it'd be hard if my GM ruled that I can't maintain the all-consuming hatred of mortal life without being evil. Daemon might be another choice but I'd need to do some digging.

Any thoughts? I was thinking about making an illusionist anyway to practice and become more creative with the school so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone and also not be affected as badly by the witch list and it's flavorful but oftentimes not very useful spells.
>>
>>50539042
>Shatter defenses does far, far, far more and is better
fewer creatures are immune to feinting (only mindless creatures) whereas many have resistances or immunity to fear effects. In addition, shatter defenses requires two initial attacks first (first attack to activate enforcer feat or whatever Shaken rider effect you have, second attack to activate shatter defenses and render opponent flatfooted, third attack to actually inflict sneak attack). Meanwhile, Greater Feint + Two Weapon Feint only eats your first attack (or none at all if you use moonlight stalker feint, but that's only if you want to piss away every feat you own by that point)
>>
>>50539090
Ok, see.. I have no idea. It's a big part of the reason I haven't even attempted to build her at all. I can probably think of one or two mechanics, but pre-existing ones don't quite fit.
>>
>>50539079
I like her smile.
>>
Some advice for a level 10 swashbuckler that isn't "Don't play a swashbuckler"? 1pp only
>>
>>50539135
Well, what do you think she could do?
>>
>>50539167
play a daring champion Cavalier instead
>>
>>50539167
1. use pre-errata Cape of Feinting, before its effect required a will save
2. use the cape to standard-action daze a single opponent with no will save while your party shits all over it
>>
File: FirstHand.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FirstHand.png
2MB, 1280x720px
How do I create a character with a skill set that even approached Isaac Netero?
>>
>>50539229
who
>>
File: Netero_Heart.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Netero_Heart.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>50539229
Basically I'm asking what class should I choose to be similar to Netero. I know I can't do him exactly, but something close.
>>
>>50539167
How friendly is your DM towards martials? Because Swashes are low on the Martial ranking.

But, if you must. I say there is almost no reason to NOT go with the Inspired Blade archetype. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/swashbuckler/archetypes/paizo---swashbuckler-archetypes/inspired-blade

Get some extra damage and a keen rapier for free. Now focus Dex be highest, then Str Con and Int be about the same. Cha can be nice but eh and Wis is for nerds.

Grab power attack because you are a martial. Then maybe the Spring Attack tree so you don't have to stand and fight too long.

If at level 10 with a +1 Rapier, Power Attack and a 16 STR you are doing 1d6 + 23 so long as you have a Panache Point with an attack bonus of 14. On a crit, which you threaten about 1/3 of the time, you will do 2d6 + 36.

There is probably some other shit you can do but this is the basic stuff
>>
>>50539241
who
>>
>>50539167
take Signature Skill (intimidate) and proceed use menacing swordplay a lot. Watch every enemy shit the bed and provoke AoOs as they flee or watch every enemy be immune to fear because you're at level 10
>>
>>50539235
Old man who did 10,000 punches every day from dawn until dusk for years. At first it took him until after dusk and he could not finish. Then one day it was still light out. Then after 10 years he could finish within an hour. For the rest of the time he had he gave thanks.

It ended with him being able to punch faster than the speed of sound and manifest a giant 100 handed statue.
>>
>>50539261
... So do you just want a guy who can punch things really hard?
>>
File: 4309700-5837244653-Isaac.png (235KB, 800x744px) Image search: [Google]
4309700-5837244653-Isaac.png
235KB, 800x744px
>>50539261
He achieved enlightenment after 5 years standing in one spot praying and punching.
>>
File: ferral child1.png (306KB, 1135x905px) Image search: [Google]
ferral child1.png
306KB, 1135x905px
>>50539173
Hard to describe. She dominantly uses natural weapons, i.e her claws/talons, wings, and sometimes maybe a tail or bite. Sure there are things like Chimera Soul or whatnot to add a bit of flavor, but that doesn't quite cover her; using her sings as an extra set of fists in a flurry, or using them as shields. Alternatively having galeforce combat maneuvers, using her wings to vacuum opponents toward her or blow them away. She's many things her parents can do, but nothing like them at the same time.
>>
>>50539287
So he's a monk.
>>
>>50539294
>>50539286
Partially, but he also has the manifestation thing. It's a little small but this is an example of how he fights. He fights by giving thanks and manifesting a 40 foot tall golden statue.

>maximum file size allowed is 8 MB

Well, suffice to say he summons a 40foot tall golden statue with a hundred arms. Each time he gives prayer it moves one of its arms.
>>
>>50539325
... But does that actually do anything? Mechanically? Does it fucking matter?
>>
>>50539325
So a refluffed Summoner? Or maybe a Spiritualist?
>>
>>50539332
It's a giant golden statue that punches things.

>>50539350
Maybe Spiritualist would be best. Summoner may work as well.
>>
>>50539353
probably spiritualist then.

Or Ancestor Eidolon Summoner.
>>
>>50539353
Is there any way to make both myself and my eidolon initiators?
>>
>>50539363
probably not that sounds really fuckin broken.
>>
>>50539363
Synthesist Summoner technically
>>
File: Suddenly_gelatinous_cube.gif (733KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Suddenly_gelatinous_cube.gif
733KB, 260x146px
So what does the base attack bonus actually do? Does it just add a flat amount to damage rolls or does it help to beat the AC of the opponent?

Sorry for the stupid question, I tried using d20rsfd but it is pretty vague, and I am pretty stupid. Thanks guys.
>>
>>50539405
When you make an attack you roll 1d20+BAB+Stat+Miscellaneous Bonuses against the AC of your opponent. If you beat it you hit. So it's a bonus to your attack roll, which is different from your damage roll.
>>
>>50539405
Base attack bonus helps with hitting, not damage.

BAB + Str/Dex depending on weapon + any over shit like enchantments or feats vs AC to hit.
>>
>>50539405
Making an attack is an opposed check.

Usually its Attack bonus versus Armor Class

Base attack bonus is the "base bonus" you're getting from your class, and it is sort of an inference on how good of a fighter you're supposed to be - a full BAB (aka equal to hit dice) means you're supposed to be a god of hitting shit.

As anon says >>50539421 You roll 1d20 + BAB + Stat + Misc VS AC of opponent. If you beat it you hit your attack.

If you have high BAB you can make multiple attacks in around on a full attack action (so +6/+1 allows you to make one attack at +6bab and another at +1bab). Iterative attacks are pretty powerful... if you're allowed to actually full attack, which if you're trying to be a melee monster you may not be able to. Archery builds are popular because of it though.
>>
>>50539363
You could play a Roil Dancer Avant Guard Kineticist, to have an initiator and a Stand.
>>
I wonder what each HV character would order at a tavern?
>>
>>50539560
Yori's drink of choice is hippocras.
>>
>>50539560
Shizuka would order tea

I wonder how much it will cost to buy a small shop to sell her paintings out of, as well as serve tea and maybe have an upstairs for a bed and a place to sleep...
>>
>>50539560
dierdre doesn't drink.

probably just water, maybe cranberry juice if they're in a more wealthy environment.
>>
>>50539469
Sounds perfect actually.
>>
>>50539660
come now, i'm sure she would order some Sake if its been a good day.
>>
Is it wrong to want to play a base fighter? Why does every game I join tell me not to?

I just want to be a fighter.
>>
>>50538028
I'm making a Mooncursed Barbarian for fun and right now, I'm looking to get a +3 AoMF. So far it's a +1 Shocking Amulet, and I'm not sure what special ability the third enhancement point would be. Would Vicious be worth it?
Related, is Vicious's backlash affected by damage reduction?
>>
>>50539722
There's nothing wrong with playing a fighter anon. So long as you know that it's not the optimal choice, and are okay with that, then you can play whatever you want, assuming it's not something that irritates the rest of your party.
>>
>>50539722
Not really. It's not the best class, but there's plenty of good to be had with it
And with the Advanced Weapon Training, I feel like you can get a lot more mileage out of it than you used to be able to. It's not massive, but the stuff it can do for you is nice
>>
>>50539742
>>50539758
I was considering playing an Opportunist/Mutation Warrior for Alchemist-lite.
>>
>>50539793
go for it anon! That combination even retains weapon training! Ganbate!
>>
>>50539722
What can you uniquely do as a fighter that other classes don't allow you to?
>>
File: mumen.png (153KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
mumen.png
153KB, 295x295px
>>50539820
Look

Sometimes anon

Sometimes its not about being the strongest, or the best, or doing something no one else can do

Sometimes its about having justice in your heart and doing your best.
>>
>>50539793
If you really want to make people cry, there's always the Fighter (Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior) VMC Barbarian.

http://pastebin.com/mcN9n7L9
>>
File: scholar_ling_by_soull.png (490KB, 660x959px) Image search: [Google]
scholar_ling_by_soull.png
490KB, 660x959px
>>50538873

I want to play Scholar Ling too, but you cant really play a blaster monk without being either a drunkard, evil, or both.
>>
>>50539793
Mutation Warrior is amazing. You can get Wings, extra arms, and all other kinds of good stuff
>>
>>50538873
Partly in the fluff, I'd say. Aside from that, avoid stuff like Dragon Style, Boar Style, and Jabbing Style, and shoot for things like Crane or Snake Style
Wolf Style could be done too, provided you described it properly
Maybe look into getting an AOMF with the Agile Weapon Enhancement, or get Piercing Grace via Snake Style, since it makes your unarmed Strikes Piercing in addition to Bludgeoning
Maybe look into some of the combat maneuvers too?
You could also do this with a Brawler, a Slayer, or a Rogue, and get somewhat similar results
>>
>>50539831
Seriously, though.
You can be all of that with a better class, and then have justice in your heart and do your best /and/ be good at your job.

If someone applied to one of my games as a fighter with no notable archetype additions they'd be at an inherent disadvantage: if someone else had an equally interesting backstory/personality but a more interesting class to see in play, I'd choose them.
>>
>>50539901
>no archetypes
>>50539793
Try reading, anon
>>
>>50539901
>fighter with no archetypes

who does that.
>>
>>50539914
I wasn't responding to that anon specifically, which was why I didn't link him, and made it clear what I was talking about.

You should do some reading as well.
>>
>>50539832
>http://pastebin.com/mcN9n7L9
This isn't the final version. Depressed homebrewer turned the autism up to 11 and made it way stronger.

Depressed homebrewer is the the right kind of optimization, with lots of tasty autism and none of the angry sperging 2hu does.
>>
File: 52914f609ede14f9c984e701843fc184.jpg (205KB, 1070x1500px) Image search: [Google]
52914f609ede14f9c984e701843fc184.jpg
205KB, 1070x1500px
>>50538400
Mochi Pounder
Exotic Weapon (6DP)
2 Handed (3DP)
Additional Design Points (1 DP)
Fragile (1DP)
Improved Critical Multiplier (-3DP)
Improved Critical Threat Range (-3DP)
Improved Damage x 4 (-4DP)
Tool (0DP)
Weapon Feature (Trip) (-1DP)

Stats:
Exotic Weapon
2 Handed
1d10 damage
Type: B
Crit: 19-20/x3
Special: Trip, Fragile
Price: 24 gp
Can be used as a mochi pounding tool
Fighter Weapon Group: Hammers
>>
Tonight I had a lot of inter party conflict. Im the only lawful character in a party full of chaotics. Everyone is either CN or CG except me, I am LN.

How do I not fuck with everyones lolsorandum and spunky hatred of their parents when my character expects them to follow the law and not break rules and be upstanding citizens?
>>
>>50539901
>If someone applied to one of my games as a fighter with no notable archetype additions they'd be at an inherent disadvantage: if someone else had an equally interesting backstory/personality but a more interesting class to see in play, I'd choose them.
Base Fighter is actually fine now thanks to Advanced Weapon and Armor Trainings.

However here is a weird thing:
>Mutation Warrior gives up Armor Training
>so no Advanced Armor Training
>prereqs for the Advanced Armor Training feat is Armor Training & Fighter level 3
>The feat Armor Focus from the Armor Master's Handbook counts as Armor Training for the purpose of Feat Prereqs
>This means if Fighters give up Armor Training but take that feat they can then use feats to get Advanced Armor Trainings
>>
>>50540019
Depends on the situation at hand. Tell us more.
>>
>playing level 1 character
>start play with 27 AC
>not sure why I did this

Thinking back I don't know why I needed it.
>>
>>50540036

My player is a cleric of Abadar in Kingmaker. I figured he would want to start his own town you know? Bringing order and civilization to the wild frontier. Everyone else is all about doing their own thing, which I get but I am having trouble meshing into them. We have a slayer, beguiler, sorcerer, and some PoW martial. I didnt see his sheet but he some PoW class.

They want to steal or murderhobo their way through the campaign. My character doesnt even lie. I dont want to be the guy who is Lawful Nofun.
>>
>>50540019
Just remember anon

You're not mad at them

Just disappointed

go full dad.
>>
>>50538028
This seems like a stupid question, but does the Wild enhancement function for things like the X-Shape spells? (Like Beast Shape, Dragon form, etc)
RAW it doesn't seem to, since it mentions Wild Shape specifically
>>
>>50540145
no, those are polymorph spells, wild armor only works on the wild shape ability, unless a DM rules otherwise
>>
>>50540180
Well, shit
Is there a similar armor enhancement for other spells? If not, is there another option, or should I just pump Natural Armor/Deflection and the like?
>>
>>50540196
what class.
>>
>>50540000
Daily reminder that you don't need the trip feature on your weapon to trip with it, and that the trip feature only allows you to drop the weapon to avoid an opposed trip.
>>
Finished another leg of a very long campaign yesterday.

It's been 3 years from level 5 to 17. It's been a very long and strange journey. I'm thinking of finally getting a bit group portrait commissioned of every PC who has been in the party and major NPCs.
>>
>>50540200
Mooncursed Barbarian
I'm trying to figure out what bonuses, if any, stack, since it looks like armor's a no-go
Beast Shape gives a +4 on top of a Wolf's +2, but I've got no clue if that stacks with Beast Totem's bonus
>>
>>50540218
natural armor bonuses don't stack, gomene.

normally i'd tell you to go for invulnerable rager but that doesn't stack either

You should -really- ask your DM if Wild would work for your character, RAW it might not but if he's reasonable he'll understand.
>>
>>50539560
Fleur-de-Lys vould vant to drink your vlood!

That or some syrupy-sweet cocktail or mead if they haven't got that.
>>
>>50540242
I don't see why it doesn't, since as of Pathfinder Wild Shape essentially works like a Supernatural version of Beast Shape
>>
>>50540259
because RAW it doesn't affect polymorph spells

Any reasonable DM would allow it in your case though. It completely sane.
>>
>>50540021
They can be okay, but it's still hard to make them exciting.

Fighter's problem is a fundamental one of identity.
Every martial fights, so a vanilla 'fighter' is literally everything that other classes already have and nothing that they don't.
Their tiny handful of niches, even with the new handbook, aren't enough to define an identity for it.
>>
File: 1452323640920.png (3MB, 1500x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1452323640920.png
3MB, 1500x2300px
>>50540203
Makes sense to have it though. It's basically a scythe that's made of wood in terms of shape.
>>
>>50540326
With Advanced Armor and Advanced Weapon Training they have unique class features all their own besides feats and numbies. They're better now.
>>
>>50540242
Natural armor bonuses can stack but it depends on the source. Whether something gives you a natural armor bonus or an enhancement to natural armor.
>>
>>50538028
One quick question. With the Unchained Barbarian, the Terrifying Howl rage power mentions "all enemies that have been shaken by the barbarian"
From the wording, that would suggest they don't need to currently be shaken, just have been shaken in the past. Am I reading this right? I'm not really sure if I am, and don't want ot be one of those obnoxious shitheads that take the absolute best possible interpretation.
If it only affects currently shaken enemies, it's not a huge deal, since it's surprisingly easy to rack up Intimidate bonuses, and every 5 you beat it by gives you another round to get the combo off
>>
>>50540374
Have you actually read those lists anytime recently?
Almost everything those can give you are just bigger numbers, with the exception of a tiny handful.

>Item mastery
Get a foot in the wizard's door
>Steel Headbutt
Get a foot in the natural attacker's door (technically just higher damage numbers)
>Warrior Spirit
Get a foot in the inquisitor's door (Admittedly this one's pretty great but not something you can focus an entire class around)
>>
>Tfw writing this multiparagraph backstory to a character
>Suddenly realize that it probably looks like I'm trying to be a super extra special snowflake or something.
What do? I just had this awesome idea I just had to externalize but I feel like if I used this for a character I'd get shit on for trying to special snowflake.
>>
>>50540786
Stop caring what idiots think?
>>
Sooo... that was a thing.

Our party took on a job to kill a man who cannot be killed. The man isn't objecting to this, he actually wants to die and will pay anyone who succeeds a massive amount of cash.

Issue is, one can't attempt to harm him in even the slightest way without probability getting twisted into a fucking pretzel.

The dagger turns out to be made of shitty metal and crumples, you trip and fuck up the coup de grace, stuff like that. We put fire resistance on him and sat him in a fireplace. A storm brewed and hurled a fucking tree through the wall to put out the fire before the spell could run out.

So we thought 'hey, we know where there's a hole to the positive energy plane. We'll just shove him there until he explodes!'

Long story short, he saw the face of God and somehow became even MORE immortal. Now the dagger is fine, it just literally can't pierce his skin.
>>
>>50540799
BUT WHAT IF THEY DON'T LIKE MY WRITING AND MAKE FUN OF ME?
>>
>>50540808
Look, this isn't hard. Give him a scroll of magic jar and cha boosting items and teach him to UMD and then have him magic jar a ghost.

DONE.
>>
>>50540875
The scroll will fail.

We tried janking it out with Shield Other so we could hurt someone else to hurt him, but the scroll JUST SO HAPPENED to be flawed.
>>
>>50540903
This sounds like a case of 'the GM won't let anything work until they feel like it'.
>>
>>50540903
Magic jar wouldn't kill him, only ending it early would count as death.

Hmm. Why not just shift him into an afterlife and call it a day? Dying is just your soul going to heaven, and he just gets to bring his body along.
>>
>>50540933
Yeah, the setting's got some shizwaz going on with teleporting and other super-long-range spells.

Basically if you try and teleport too far, you get attacked by the things from between dimensions. Something put in place by the gods to basically stop mortals fucking about quite so hard. Further you TP, the more fucked you get. Across planes is a double-no.

>>50540932
We'll see how long it runs for. If it wears out its welcome, I'll start getting annoyed, but at least for now it's kinda amusing.
>>
>>50540957
>Basically if you try and teleport too far, you get attacked by the things from between dimensions. Something put in place by the gods to basically stop mortals fucking about quite so hard. Further you TP, the more fucked you get. Across planes is a double-no.
I am not seeing any downside whatsoever in giving the immortal guy a whole load of teleport spells apart from releasing the tentacle monstrosities breaking into the mortal realm
>>
>>50541089
They're kind of already sort of doing that a little bit.
>>
>>50541089
it's not the gods that put them there; it's why the gods don't travel much.
>>
File: silly_walks_small.jpg (42KB, 467x480px) Image search: [Google]
silly_walks_small.jpg
42KB, 467x480px
>>50538028

Create a ridiculous faction, group or organization that could reasonably, or unreasonably, exist in Golorian. GO!
>>
>>50541145
So what stops you giving this guy a teleport spell and throwing him at the big bad monstrosity?

The worst case scenario is one of them dies.

Or maybe they merge and become super invincible, and also become loosed to be free in the material plane, that also might be a worst.
>>
File: Drow37.png (746KB, 770x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Drow37.png
746KB, 770x1024px
Hug the drow.
Do it now.
>>
>>50538028
Literally never get to have run-ins with nobles. It's terrible. I've had more characters chat up Infernal Dukes than regular Duchesses.

I just want a cute princess waifu for my brave hero, /pfg/.
>>
>>50541588

Do want. Source for artist? I love the style.
>>
>HV announcement made
>thread dies

I'm not sure what to make of this.
>>
File: !!.png (278KB, 1066x916px) Image search: [Google]
!!.png
278KB, 1066x916px
>>50541588
>>
File: 1480846760485.png (1MB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
1480846760485.png
1MB, 1200x1697px
I'm baiting everyone here with a picture of a thicc mage.

What's everyone's problem with Steel Serpent? It seems fine to me, am I missing something? What makes SS a bad discipline?
>>
>>50541762
AS damage is poor because monsters don't live for more than one encounter and it's usually better to kill an enemy than make their attacks a little weaker
>>
>>50541719
>HV
Lot of people made characters, plenty of hopefuls. Many are quite obviously game-starved - I suspect many of us here are foreverGM in RL.

Right now there's half the usual posters literally regretting the morning after on some character creation, so give'em time or a new focus.
>>
>>50541780
If you couldn't buff damage, what would you do to fix SS? Buff ability damage?
>>
>>50541762
A lot of the status downs are things that affect PCs but not NPCs; in more ways than one.

1) Similar to the ranged ones, Steel Serpent has the special "ONLY usable with the following weapons" restriction as opposed to other disciplines. While that's not much of an issue to a guy planning to shoot with Solar Wind, it does limit your options as a melee discipline.

2) Many things are going to be immune or laugh the fuck out at poison use. Worse yet, supernatural poison use. That means a lot of SS starts failing in conditions where it makes no sense because holy shit you're just hitting something (it's not all purely just ki-boosting), and consider how many things think trying to use poison against them is as worthless as it is hilarious.

3) Even when it does work, that generally means the target would've DIED if you'd bothered with damage instead; now it gets to fight back albeit a bit debilitated maybe if everything worked.

4) and even when all of this works; long term debilitation, for all practical purposes, happens to PCs, not to NPCs and even less to encounter cannonfodder.

So you've got a bit of an old console Final Fantasy problem: sure you could cast slow, but if you'd just cast Fire3 they'd all be dead instead of getting their turn soon.
>>
>>50541588
Hug the Drow.
Have a go.
>>
File: 1400424374584.png (20KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1400424374584.png
20KB, 203x209px
>>50541872
>>
>>50541894
I think it's just pronunciation differences. This guy thinks that "Drow" rhymes with "go" when it's actually more in line with "Now"
>>
>>50541872
>Have a go.

Have a row? Isnt that how they say it in europe?
>>
>>50541928
Drow is very similar to Throw though! And while Cow Drows are probably the more popular kind I don't think that should have any bearing!
>>
File: 1435055079857.gif (1KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1435055079857.gif
1KB, 210x230px
>>50541928
>>
>>50541954
>>50541958
English is kind of a fucked up language.

just look at the boxes/Oxen thing.
>>
>>50541762

>tfw no super-busty HV or RotJR characters that aren't also THICC

It hurts!
>>
File: monk2_by_monkeyunitstudios.jpg (179KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
monk2_by_monkeyunitstudios.jpg
179KB, 786x1017px
>>50541308

Monastery of the Ambrosial Path.

This martial arts school is a "Success born of failure". Long ago there was a monk who trekked into a cavern to fast and meditate, seeking to rule his mortal impulses with will alone.

He sat there for three days, his body starting to waste away and hunger gripping him when he found a table full of the most delectable foods imaginable had appeared before him. He resisted the sight for hours before finally giving in and rushing to part in the meal.

Unfortunately this table of meat, fruits and bread was in fact a clever mimic.

However, so intense was the Monk's hunger, he was not deterred. He simply killed the mimic and ate the foods it replicated.

While the meal sated the monk temporarilly, the act had forever changed him. A raw primordial hunger awoke in him and drove him to consume without end. He could not control the hunger, but he managed to direct and focus it. Through feasts, experimentation, and study; he developed a martial arts discipline based solely upon devouring one's opponents.

He taught this ability and discipline to few, for few sought such gross and unnatural hunger in their lives. But the monastery stands as a safe harbor for these warped individuals. With only one question asked upon their recruitment.

"Are you gonna eat that?"
>>
File: daaad.png (648KB, 1146x1250px) Image search: [Google]
daaad.png
648KB, 1146x1250px
>>50539289
A bit unrelated, but here you go anyway.
I need to finalize his 'revamped' design also.
>>
>>50541984

Do you not know? You need a big backside as a counterweight for large bosoms
>>
>>50542041

You speak wisdom, friend. I should have remembered the backstory must be as large as the plot! However, I would ask for a thick rear and large bust but an otherwise tight figure; more hourglass than motherly, I suppose is what I'm saying! The type of woman that looks jaw-dropping in a dress! Shizuka is likely just that, but a man could hope for even more Lyra-tier busty, eh?
>>
>>50542003

... So an Ungermaw faction? Do you WANT to cause a man made famine in whatever country they're based in?
>>
>>50542003
I'm not really sure where the monk part comes in. This kinda sounds like just a bunch of cannibalistic warriors - maybe wrestlers, at best.
>>
>>50541808
>Many are quite obviously game-starved - I suspect many of us here are foreverGM in RL.
It hurts!

I'd run a parallel Hell's Vengance campaign but from my last pathfinder experience I'm only good at social parts, and the combat parts would be dogshit.

And I'm running too many games anyway.
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (28KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
1337026210728.jpg
28KB, 439x480px
>>50542256
>I'd run a parallel Hell's Vengance campaign but from my last pathfinder experience I'm only good at social parts

>mfw someone could run a parallel campaign from the Glorious Reclamation's side, and all the interactions between the Evil and Good party that implies.
>>
File: 1367205260596.gif (468KB, 325x183px) Image search: [Google]
1367205260596.gif
468KB, 325x183px
>>50542365

Bad guys rule. Good guys drool
>>
>>50542209

Flurry of bite attacks. Plus the interplay of Monk vow of Fasting and the exact opposite of it.
>>
>>50542365
Oh my.

So that's how the paladin falls.
>>
>>50542365

I'd play it! Just a question of who I'd try to be the foil to!
>>
File: 1480631959263.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1480631959263.png
209KB, 510x346px
Everyone says Kinetiscist is shit, but I'm not seeing it. Why is it shit?
>>
>>50542558
Burn mostly. Unhealable HP damage is a steep price to pay for great power, but when you're paying it for honestly pretty mediocre power it suddenly becomes a much worse trade.
>>
>>50542602
But it's CON based and it's only 1 or 2 damage, surely this isn't that big of a deal?
>>
>>50542558
The 1p talent list basically only gives them 1 option per level that isn't hideous garbage.
>>
>>50542558
>burn
>being presented as an all day blaster when it's absolutely not, actually very mediocre for damage
>3/4 BAB with very few ways of boosting to-hit or CMB when a lot of their stuff relies on it
>a lot of wild talents are shit, bar a small handful which are the only worthwhile things the class has
>burn
>in the lategame gets fucked over by DR which it has no way to overcome
And also
>people really wanted it to be good so when it wasn't good it got the biggest backlash
>>
>>50542621
Read the burn entry closer.
One nonlethal damage per burn per level.
Every point of burn essentially reduces your CON mod by 1 for determining your available HP.
>>
>>50542621
1 or 2 HP per level. It's effectively 2 Con damage.per point of burn.
>>
>>50542631
>people really wanted it to be good so when it wasn't good it got the biggest backlash
RIP Harrow Medium
>>
>>50539820
He just wants to be a fighter, why does the class need something unique to itself?
>>
>>50542558
You basically NEED 3p to make the class playable. So unless your GM allows Kineticists of Porphyra, Legendary Kineticists, or the DSP stuff, it's a dead garbage class for garbage people who also are garbage.
>>
>>50542654
People quickly forgot about the medium because it wasn't /bad/, just really mediocre.
The kineticist is actually bad.

Made worse because it has a higher damage FLOOR than a lot of other classes, so if you play with very low power groups who couldn't charbuild their way out of a shoebox, they'll think the kineticist is overpowered.
>>
>>50540019
>Expects them to follow the law and not break rules and be upstanding citizens.

But that's your character's problem...
>>
>>50540095
To be honest it sounds like a fundamental problem with your group. You want x, they want y and I blame your GM for this.

Since it sounds like they're the majority, you're pretty much gonna have to conform or find another game. You could try talking to them and see if they can't lean a little more your way but I doubt you'll get far.
>>
>>50542624
I really like the Void list, it's super cool and looks moderately useful
>>50542631
The damage seems OK, I just built a level 4 Chaokineticist who deals 2d6+6 damage with his gravity blast.
I can definitely see the DR and to hit things though.
>>50542642
>>50542644
Well shit that's retarded. That means I can only take 4 burn. That kinda sucks, I'll see if my GM could change that.
>>50542670
>so if you play with very low power groups who couldn't charbuild their way out of a shoebox,
This is quite literally my group, they thought my barbarian who used a Large bastard sword was way too OP(average 20 damage a round at level 4 for someone whos whole job was damage) and that's why I'm building this guy.
>>
>>50542657
This is such a strange question.
If a class doesn't have something unique to itself, why does it even exist?
>>
>>50542718
Damn anon, 2d6+6 is literally what a fighter can do at level 1 with no feat investment.

If your game's that low power, I guess you'll be fine.
>>
>>50542718
The void list is one of the worst, it's not even intended as a primary element (confirmed by the creator of the class). Again, unless you're going 3p, you literally only have 1 option a level, void doesn't even have a unique 1st level talent.
>>
>>50542758
Anon, are you confusing it for Wood? Void is actually decent, Wood is shit.
>>
>>50542749
The build isn't 100% finished but I'm guessing that 2d6+6 won't rise up by much. But I can use this at range, do I do have an advantage over a great sword fighter plus the other """"""damage dealer"""""" of the group deals 1d8+3 a round with his longsword so I'll be fine.
>>50542758
I'm not seeing anything too bad about it, Fire looks like a better choice but Void doesn't look super bad
I just want to control gravity and stuff
>>
>>50542770
No, wood is flaming garbage, void is just garbage.There's no choice in either of them since Mark Seifer admitted he didn't even have the room to make them viable. Also combining gravity and negative energy was bullshit.
>>
>>50542783
>since Mark Seifer admitted he didn't even have the room to make them viable

Wasn't this the book that gave us 52 Spirits for the Medium?
>>
>>50542721
Strange answer.
I just asked why does he need to play a unique class and not what he wants.
>>
>>50542782
Again, check out 3p stuff for that, Kineticists of porphyra REALLY expanded on that whole theme and gave options to do it before getting reverse gravity.

>>50542799
Wood and void were in Occult Origins, after he'd given up on the 52 spirits in the playtest doc.
>>
>>50542810
Is it really IMPOSSIBLE to build a competent Kinetiscist without 3pp? Because it seems like I can do OK, in fact it seems like I can do pretty good and my GM hates 3pp.
>>
I want to play a fire-themed blaster caster.
How do I bypass fire resistance/immunity?
>>
>>50542848

Anon, you're dealing with the Ivory Tower of Pathfinder character design, we're a General that spent an entire thread bitching about a DM not letting his party use full initiators or how "only idiots wouldn't use Dexterity, Strength is useless."

Kineticist is not a good class, however it is also not a bad one in most campaigns. Make your Kineticist, have fun! Either it works out or it doesn't, but something tells me it will do just fine.
>>
>>50542848
It depends on your group's level of optimization. If your group thinks 2d6+6 is fine at 4th level, you should be fine. A little weak, but fine. Any higher level of optimization/competence and you're going to fall behind HARD because the class has this internal math to it that basically makes it impossible to optimize due to the lack of options for it. There's a guide for it written by some guy who stops by here sometimes, I'd check that out to see about making the class work for you.
>>
File: Keine_Kamishirasawa.jpg (203KB, 442x611px) Image search: [Google]
Keine_Kamishirasawa.jpg
203KB, 442x611px
How do I Hakutaku?
>>
>>50542899
Have you considered Jesus?
>>
>>50542868
What materials are allowed?
>>
>>50542981
Jesus isn't a cute transformer.
>>
File: Jesus.jpg (800KB, 1181x1635px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
800KB, 1181x1635px
>>50543076
Excuse you heathen.
>>
>>50543104

The internet confuses me.
>>
>>50543159
I found it on some church's website.
>>
>>50542003

I wanna play a chubby monk girl who eats her foes!
>>
>>50543272

Hot. Tell us more. Go into detail.
>>
How many different ways are there to attack in pathfinder that are not simply changing numbers?

Power attack is not a different way to attack, but spring attack is. Vital strike is not really a different way to attack, but pounce is.
>>
>>50543272

Not hot. Tell us less. Remain vague.
>>
>>50542718
Fucktards like those are how things like crane wing get nerfed into the ground.

>OH NO. THE GUY WHOSE ONLY THING HE CAN EVER ACTUALLY DO IN THE FUCKING GAME IS DAMAGE, AND WHOSE CLASS ABILITIES SAY "DO MORE DAMAGE", IS... KILLING A MINION IN ONE ROUND.
>THE ENTIRE PFS ADVENTURE FALLS APART, AND ALL ADVENTURE PATHS BOW DOWN BEFORE THE MIGHT OF THE BARBARIAN NOT HAVING PICKED UP A WHIP AND TWF INSTEAD OF A GREATSWORD.
>... but somehow it's your fault you must've cheated or something.
>>
>>50543055
1pp only
>>
>>50542848
If your party is optimizationally-speaking drooling retards - and it sounds to me like they utterly braindead, Then a well optimized 1pp-only kineticist will actually look strong.

It isn't. Forrest Gump in a class full of coma patients isn't a fucking genius, he's just the ONLY kid who hands in anything at all and gets to pass.

The moment someone goes, for example "Hey. This "manyshot" sounds kinda neat, I should try that with my bow" or "wow! at level 6, I get a SECOND attack, and it ALSO gets to use my strength like the first one!", the kineticist in 1pp-only mode has flat out been beaten.

Also your GM's an idiot since the 1pp - core worst of all - is the least balanced and often least mechanically interesting stuff in the game.

>>50542868
If you're 1pp only, you don't. There's a flame that can bypass resistance but resistance doesn't matter much because by the time you can get that infusion, things are immune not resistant. "it takes 5 less damage" is not worth an infusion on when a different one would just vastly overpower that resistance anyways.

If they're immune you're fucked. fucked. As in you have been bent over and there is a large cock inside you that you did not want there (as opposed to any you may have wanted there if such is your preference).

3pp has a few alternatives.
>>
>>50543407
>People actually use Pazio errata.

It's really sad.
>>
File: Bloodline Power.png (707KB, 1608x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodline Power.png
707KB, 1608x1044px
>>50543445
Only 1pp way I know is to grab Blood Piercing.

If you do go for this, I recmmend either going for Draconic (Fire) as your bloodline, elemental (Fire), or both by taking Crossblooded.

and before anybody tells you Crossblooded is a trap: you're a blaster. you don't care nearly as much about your high level spells known because what you want to be doing is using metamagic on your low level spells, making Crossblooded basically fine.
>>
>>50543104
JEHOVA! MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!
JEHOVA! ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!
>>
>>50543498
Is there a way to make a "Force" blaster?
Otherwise I'll probably go the Admixture route and just fluff everything as fire.
>>
>>50543159
To be fair, the Ark had crashed here millions of years ago, at a time when people would literally use "40" to mean a number bigger than anyone can imagine.

These sleeping gods were invulnerable to our bronze tech, and could call down thunder and fire with little more than the tip of their fingers.

When a decepticon says "you will worship no other gods before me", YOU FUCKING LISTEN, OR HE'LL BLOW YOUR VILLAGE UP.
>>
>>50543560
I think Aether had Force? Or was that in porphyra only...
>>
File: 1453223647344.jpg (16KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
1453223647344.jpg
16KB, 351x329px
>>50542497

>Azata-blooded Aasimar whose sword is a tool for justice
>Agathion-Blooded Aasimar (wolf) with a vow of chastity
>A FUCKING CELESTIAL LAWYER
>Chelish man who lost it all to the Infernal Courts, has a bone to pick with Empire
>Half-Giant woman that gets off on being the indomitable shield for her friends
>Shifty, plucky rebel who doesn't play by the rules
>>
I think you beautiful people have started to influence my character making you goddamn friends. I am not going to put the whole thing here, but you fuckers are indirectly responsible for this:

>She is prone to giving out pecks to the cheek, hugging, punching shoulders and hanging on to people by their necks and arms. This is less because of a conscious desire to touch people, but an unconscious need to be close to others she from who she finds safety from due to her abandonment issues.

How do I stop the influence of wanting to put things I find cute into my characters that your lovely tentacles have corrupted me with?
>>
File: 1449595818486.jpg (13KB, 416x297px) Image search: [Google]
1449595818486.jpg
13KB, 416x297px
>>50543751

Why would you possibly want to stop adding adorable things like that into your character's personality, you silly goose? Quirks like those are endearing, especially if the character is written well, and I'm confident if this is for RotJR or a HV character they'll be loved!
>>
File: n8aybfqoKp1s4pi90o1_250.gif (867KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
n8aybfqoKp1s4pi90o1_250.gif
867KB, 245x184px
>>50543751

Well, you could focus on making characters with concepts that you explicitly do not find cute.

Or you could accept the fact that you're obsessed with cute now, and make the person/people who corrupted you take responsibility.
>>
>>50543708
Which one of those is Dierdre and which one is Marshall?
>>
>>50543806
>taking responsability
How lewd of you anon.

Someone else running HV would be great, particularly if the schedule wasn't hell for people living in the EU.
>>
>>50543808

Good!Diedre is the troubled young man whose hatred of the Infernal Empire stems from their brutal acquisition of his family's estate, and Good!Marshall is a young woman who has never been one to accept the confines of law and order, finding herself in the company of everyone from Arshean acolytes to Milani insurgents!

Or Good!Marshall's an older woman firmly convinced in the proper application of law for good, a career woman dedicated to the pursuit of removing tyranny from the land - she even reported her demon-worshiping brother to the authorities and begged for mercy when he was brought before the courts!
>>
>tfw you don't get taken for lewd hv game
Talk about self esteem killer haha
>>
>>50543855
Shouldn't all the alignments be swapped? In other words, Shizuka, Dierdre, Yori, and Marshall swapped are CG, Tyran and Sersheon are LG?
>>
>>50543806
>>50543788
And when I made cute dogboy maid people said it's degenerate.
>>
>>50543920
Pic very related
>>
>>50543966
Because it is.
>>
>>50543751
i got the opposite sadly

dierdre is probably the least cute character i've ever made after her slight revision
>>
File: tumblr_nkoiaxHJjL1s3r70co1_400.gif (2MB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkoiaxHJjL1s3r70co1_400.gif
2MB, 400x272px
>>50543966

It's very degenerate. But odds are, someone somewhere is okay with that.
>>
>>50543966
There's a time and a place for dogboy maids.
>>
>>50543922

Oh, absolutely! That wouldn't change too much from the list, if I think about it; Good!Tyran's a heavily armored Paladin, Good!Sersheon's a chaste n' mellow career soldier and conciliator, while Good!Shizuka and Good!Marshall are passionate rabble-rousers with an eye for artistry.

At least, that's what I'm gathering - the point of a foil is to provide contrast to the qualities of the character they're mirroring, the classic example being Unferth being a bitter, resentful and deeply prideful man to Beowulf's casual heroism and natural bravado.
>>
>>50544021
And you say it's not in a lewd game already highly contaminated by memes? Especially when I intend to actually play him like a person? Cute animu person, but still.
>>
>>50543920

Well, it's not like there won't be other, similar games at some point.
>>
>>50544051

He's saying it's the wrong "kind" of lewd - a dogboy maid would make sense in something like Curse of the Crimson Throne or even Hell's Rebels, but Jade Regent is an epic "Journey to the West" style adventure across countries and continents. Dogboy maid just doesn't make sense in that context.
>>
File: Catgirl_Wizard.png (7MB, 2560x3620px) Image search: [Google]
Catgirl_Wizard.png
7MB, 2560x3620px
So, since I can't remember the last time I saw a wizard in a game of any sort - GM made, player made, anything like that - I was thinking I might play one myself.

Only thing is, I haven't played a wizard in something like twelve years, since before Pathfinder even came out, and I haven't kept up to date on what interesting shenanigans you can get away with these days when going into wizardry. I'm sure you people have though.

So, what are the good archetypes? what spells do i look out for? How do I have the most fun without being an overshadowing asshole? I'm open to basically any suggestions (Besides don't play a wizard - you know who you are).
>>
>>50543920
>>50543967
We rejects really need to work together to make a backup game happen. I'd be willing to GM if it wasn't literally my first PF game.
>>
>>50544029
I'm saying this as I try to figure out what anti-Yori would be. It's of course someone whose parents wanted them to be a lawyer but ran away to the circus, instead of the other way around.
>>
>>50543708

The potential face-heel/heel-face turns that could happen off of this is just making me giggle inside.
>>
>>50544130
Oh? What are you imagining, anon?
>>
File: 1457124254411.gif (2MB, 420x428px) Image search: [Google]
1457124254411.gif
2MB, 420x428px
>>50544029
>Good!Tyran's a heavily armored Paladin

>Implying Good!Tyran isn't an unarmored half-giant Steelfist Commando/Paladin that loves to use her fists to beat the word of God into unbelievers.
>>
>>50544068
It does make sense if he's traveling with his master. Like a trusted Jeeves assisting his emplyers in the middle of Amazon, setting up campsites and preparing hot baths in collapsible bathtubs.

Now that I think about it, I will have to get collapsible bathtub.
>>
>>50544076
Good archetypes are all those where you get more spells. Bad archetypes are those where you loose spells.

Names may be wrong but the best ones were something along the lines of Exploiter Mage, Umbral Mage and Spell Sage (=We Wuz Wizards edition).

Early OP spells are Sleep, Daze and Colour Spray.
>>
>>50544143
Well, characters like Dierdre aren't particularly invested in the Chelish government and are pretty much entirely driven by hatred and fascination, so a counterpart who's interested in her well-being might be enough to snap her chains and get her to come to her senses.

Meanwhile things like the Agathion seem pretty vulnerable to corruption if they get caught by the wrong person from HV.
>>
>>50544129
>I'm saying this as I try to figure out what anti-Yori would be.

High Intelligence, low Wisdom. Iroy was a young Aasimar whose proclivity to wordplay and linguistics made his parents hopeful for a prestigious career as a lawyer or government official.

However, the young man's lust for adventure spurred him to join a circus and set out to wear motley and relish in the cheers of an adoring crowd.
>>
>>50544076
Don't archetype.

Early on get disable spells and defense spells(color spray, mage armor). Always get magic missile.
>>
>>50544207
As a wizard, wouldn't it be more along the lines of "just get absolutely everything"?

once you have the coin to fill your spellbook, anyway.
>>
>>50544066
>there is going to be another game eventually
Ill be dead by then anon.
>>
>>50544203
That's perfect.
>>
>>50544238
Too much choice is pointless, a lot of headache and bookkeeping, and only really counts for anything if you take Item Bond, which you shouldn't.

Rather, a good wizard has exactly what he needs without bogging down the game. You can accomplish an enormous amount of that busywork with very multipurpose spells like the Shadow _____ series, highly useful combat spells, and spells that are unequivocally the best(such as Break, which is like Knock but better).
>>
File: aeqeeqw1213.gif (1MB, 310x434px) Image search: [Google]
aeqeeqw1213.gif
1MB, 310x434px
>>50544252

In that case, don't worry about it, and just focus on living happily.
>>
>>50544126
>>50544066
Give me a bit you fucking flubbers. I'm grinding out a campaign that might actually suit controlled amounts lewd instead of my dour and serious normal campaigns.
>>
>>50544293
When you're constantly getting chemo its a very hard thing to do.
>>
>>50544293
Also
>ywn cuddle with a lion and their soft mane
;_;
>>
>>50544352
>tfw Lionesses don't have manes to cuddle in
>>
File: I_REFUSE.png (247KB, 396x279px) Image search: [Google]
I_REFUSE.png
247KB, 396x279px
I actually have a question.
How many of you have never GMed a game?
It is easier than what you might think.
>>
>>50543537
A lot of people don't have a choice, most websites update to match the new errata and anyone who bought the PDFs only have access to the most recent version.
>>
File: 16 - 1.gif (4MB, 285x263px) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.gif
4MB, 285x263px
>>50544352
>>50544370

All these negative waves.
>>
How hard/easy is it to adapt Wrath of the Righteous to Path of War?
>>
>>50544076
I try and play wizards. No one will let me play one.
>>
>>50544523
It is an easy campaign already, so you are going to need to turn it up ten notches.

Also it's a shit campaign so you will basically have to rewrite the first three books for it to be interesting.

And then, honestly, just write out Sarenrae. Waste of time.
>>
File: stare.gif (365KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
stare.gif
365KB, 480x270px
>>50544314
You've now got me waiting expectantly.

>>50544501
I've GMed a few games, I just haven't played PF ever before and don't want my first game to be as the GM.
>>
>>50543287
>>50542003

A cute chubby monk who sees philosophical strength in her devouring style. "Tiger style? Wolf style? Dragon stye? What is the common link in these martial disciplines? They are all predators. The act of eating is the purest display of victory over one's foes. Do not call my style barbaric, or unnatural, for it is far more pure than yours. You play at being predators. I actually am one. "
>>
File: hans4.png (668KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
hans4.png
668KB, 1280x800px
>>50544509
Their negative orzone levels must be through the fucking roof.
>>
>>50540808
Disjunction him. The spell is designed to solve these issues.
>>
>>50544624
I thought it was suppose to be a decently tough campaign considering you get mythic tiers.
>>
so let's say I'm a level 3 Wereboar-kin barbarian.

Is Bite/Claw/Claw/Gore/Hoove/Hoove too excessive?
>>
>>50544746
It doesn't really scale up in difficulty despite you getting mythic tiers, so the later parts are just... walking over everything.

Most parties oneshot the megafinal boss.
>>
>>50544746
No it's stupidly easy. The mythic tiers make it easier for the most part.
>>
>>50544746

You're talking to a General that can squirt out a character that can solo an AP at the drop of a hat, this thread's definition of "easy" is very different from most.

That said, most APs are designed for 20 PB with "quirky" feat and attribute distribution, WotR won't be a cake-walk with PoW and generous PB, but it will certainly be significantly easier.
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (110KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
110KB, 748x720px
>>50544624
>Also it's a shit campaign so you will basically have to rewrite the first three books for it to be interesting.

How the heck can Paizo take such a simple campaign concept and ruin it? Was it flubbed from the beginning when they took Amber "Baldur's Gate must be modernized" Scott as the Book 1 writer?
>>
>>50544802
WotR will be a cake walk with that.

I'm actually angry when /pfg/ complains "that AP is waaaaaay too easy" when they played it on 30 point buy, with hyper generous feat and hit dice rules.
>>
>>50544773
Through a lot of shenanigans I ended up with like 8 attacks a turn on one of my chars. I had him discreetly killed off soon after. 6+ attacks might sound like fun and be fun the first few times you roll, but it gets super annoying for everyone involved very quickly. Especially once you have to add floating bonuses.
>>
>>50544671

Saving this. "stout" adventuring women are hard to find in fantasy art.
>>
>>50544884
AP's honestly have retarded difficulty. Usually you have a string of retard easy fights and then suddenly WHAM you have some really poorly thought out bullshit that can annihilate someone unprepared easily, usually out of no where.
>>
>>50544629
I would GM a game for these guys but I am a voice fag it looks like most people here hate that.
>>
File: 1445916294078.jpg (73KB, 609x570px) Image search: [Google]
1445916294078.jpg
73KB, 609x570px
>>50544913
At the risk of feeding the cancer, here.
>>
>>50544950
Hah! I just notice that's a Spiked rolling pin.
>>
>>50544861

Well, the concept itself felt a little out of Paizo's wheelhouse. Plus, it sometimes seemed like the writers didn't have a solid a grasp on Mythic stuff, and a particular badly-written scene with Iomedae didn't help.
>>
>>50544944

I'm better with voiced, actually!
>>
>>50544501
I haven't, because it'd be awkward to GM for my friends over Skype, and because we already got two GM who love their job

Plus I keep getting paralyzed by my own autism
>>
>>50544501
i dont because i self-insert as all of my characters and like to think that all of these happenings happen because i'm special.

also getting approved for a game is just such a self-esteem booster

im really just a piece of trash~.
>>
>>50545057

>He's_Right_You_Know_Morgan_Freeman.jpg
>>
>>50545057
Knowing about them is a the first step to solving your problems.
>>
>>50544501
Do oneshots count?
>>
>>50544992
I thought I would hate it, but it is pretty fun to spend time with your friends doing something fun.
>>
>>50545057
>also getting approved for a game is just such a self-esteem booster

You know what's an even bigger boost?

Second session into a lewd campaign and getting a message from another player saying they want to bang you.
>>
File: 2lPw4l8.jpg (107KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2lPw4l8.jpg
107KB, 960x544px
>>50542003
>>50542209

Why am i imagining Sumo Wrestlers given the fantasy treatment....

And why am i liking it?
>>
>>50545119
They do, people have to start somewhere.
>>
File: 1477748768551.gif (69KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1477748768551.gif
69KB, 200x150px
>>50544501
I GM plenty. Never Pathfinder though, and I'm not going to GM two games at once. It'd kill me.,
>>
File: 49a30cec4e6f04727c8289720cb8deae.jpg (150KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
49a30cec4e6f04727c8289720cb8deae.jpg
150KB, 1280x964px
>>50545139
>implying i dont play gms pet and lewd the fuck out of them more than i actually play in the campaign.

it's pretty nice.
>>
>>50545139
You know what's even bigger?

When you say no.

The sense of power is fantastic.
>>
File: highup.gif (3MB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
highup.gif
3MB, 700x393px
>>50544974
Nice! I was thinking all of /pfg/ hated voice.
>>
>>50545199

We dont hate voice. We understand how autistic we all are and respect that some of us cannot perform as well over voice as they could through text.
>>
>>50545199
I'd be fine with voice in a non-lewd game where I'm playing a male character.
>>
>>50545227
Yeah if you feel uncomfortable don't play female characters.
That is okay with me.
>>
>>50545227
I don't have an issue speaking over a mic, but I always feel silly actually speaking in character.
>>
>>50545261
Yeah, I feel like text makes role playing easier. Maybe just IC over text and OOC over voice would be good.
>>
>>50545178

>tfw this is me
>tfw I've made a lurid history of smut and sex for a character that hasn't even seen their first session

It almost makes me want to try my hand at slutting it up with some of the prospective players for RotJR, both to feel their posting styles and "feel" their characters, eh?
>>
>>50538854
>Basically it's a way for martial classes to stay in tier 4 and just double tgeir damage, defense, etc. , and they get banned because that breaks the game at level 3
>>
>>50545137
I just wish I had better internet.
As it is, when I connect with them for games, there is a 2.5-5 second lag in the audio, which can drop harder if I turn on the video
>>
>>50545261
>>50545296

I'm the opposite, I sound awkward and corny in OOC text but really shine in voiced roleplay.

I think the secret to remember is we're all dorks playing make-believe, it's not like this is some epic competition where everyone is out to slit your throat for the wrong tone or turn of phrase.
>>
>>50538827
Full Initiators warp combat around themselves by vastly changing the party's defensive profile.

Particularly Warders and Zealots completely change how one must design encounters similar to how full casters do.
>>
>>50545199
voice isnt something i play with dudes i dont already know very well

because jesus christ some of yall on roll20 games got some cringey voices that ruin your characters.
>>
>lewed in games
None of you play games with people irl, do you?
>>
>>50545296
That's probably the best way to do it. OOC stuff (like deciding who's doing what, combat directions, etc) gets dealt with quickly, while the actual roleplaying can take as long as people want and doesn't have the issue of the weak princess talking with a deep baritone voice.
>>
>>50545417
>you will never be in a ttg game with a group of professional voice actors
Seriously, just imagine playing with Crispin Freeman, Kyle Hebert, or Christopher Sabat
>>
>>50545423

I do, actually! I can just do a good job separating fun with friends and fun with myself, you dig? That's like saying I can't masturbate to smug anime girls if I've got a girlfriend.
>>
>>50545535
>That's like saying I can't masturbate to smug anime
>implying you can
You're in trouble!
>>
What class would fit for an androgynous drow who's fled for the surface to evade his family's attempts at turning him into a bride?

On a somewhat related note. The rulebook notes that sometimes, particularly mad elves can become Drow. Is the opposite also true, could a really nice Drow become a regular elf?
>>
>>50545423
Most of my games are in person. I just feel like doing an online lewd game because it sounds fun.
>>
>>50545602
Yes, see also: Shensen

Although mostly no, since their dark skin indicates a major taint on their soul which requires quite a bit to get rid of.

Something something /pol/
>>
>>50545555

The dick desires what it desires! I'm not flapping it around the faces of friends so I don't see the issue!
>>
>>50545762
Too late.
I already called your girlfriend, your parents, your friends, and the police.
>>
>>50545793
>girlfriend
>friends
Lol
>>
Who is thinking of trying out starfinder?
>>
File: voxine.png (144KB, 259x332px) Image search: [Google]
voxine.png
144KB, 259x332px
>>50545952

Me.

I really want to go on space adventures.
>>
>>50545952
Ehh, if I want space fantasy, I can stick with some Star Wars system.
>>
>>50545147

How would you build a sumo wrestler in pathfinder?

Tetori monk is what immediately jumps out at me.
>>
>>50545952
It'll be okay at least.

Yes, I have low standards, why do you ask.
>>
>>50545793

How could you do this to me! I'm ruined, RUINED!
>>
>>50545698
So Ancestral Regression is a spell that transforms Drow into their Regular-Elf counterparts. I wonder why they don't just use this to properly fuck up the surface elves.
>>
>>50546144
Because drow are better than surface elves.
>>
>>50546045

Positioning and battlefield control is the way of the Sumo. So ironically enough, Flowing monk is probably best.
>>
>>50545423
>Not having a different online and IRL persona

IRL, I'm pretty much a well adjusted person with a 100k/year job that does sports, drinks and smokes socially, hangs out at parties, etc.

On the net, I think that it can be a girl if the dick is feminine enough.
>>
File: Bullshit.png (178KB, 544x546px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.png
178KB, 544x546px
>>50546219
>IRL, I'm pretty much a well adjusted person with a 100k/year job that does sports, drinks and smokes socially, hangs out at parties, etc.
>>
>>50546199
That goes without saying, but isn't it the wish of all Drow to stick it to the surface Elves whenever possible?
>>
>>50546402

Nah, the Drow are quite happy in their current condition, it's the Winter Council that freaks out about them.
>>
I'm on my phone. Can someone else make a new thread?
>>
New Thread:

>>50546666
>>50546666
>>50546666
>>
File: Kineticists.jpg (185KB, 1237x345px) Image search: [Google]
Kineticists.jpg
185KB, 1237x345px
>>50542558
>>
>>50542848
There's a shitposter around here who built a hobgoblin aerokineticist that was pretty okay at doing damage while flying, which is to say, as good as a Warrior with a longbow.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.