[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 63

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Playing Full Casters Isn't a Sin Edition

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50476612
>>
t's the perfect time to post this again. I have finally finished the last two planned Archetypes for the Broken Shackles martials.

The Knight of the Patchwork Banner is an archetype for the Unchained Cavalier. This archetypes is simpler than the others, merely removing the Mount class feature for the Brawler's martial flexibility, a few extra Oath choices, and a large banner that incorporates multiple banners at once rather than being able to change them out.

The second is the Construct Tinkerer. A gunslinger archetype that loses half of its deeds for a construct companion. This companion comes in three forms, a copter, a small hound like construct, and a heavy lifter. Over time the Tinkerer is able to upgrade his construct companion in a variety of ways. Including spitting acid, blocking line of effect, an afterburner, and more.

These and the entire Broken Shackles Martials can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you everyone for your support during development over the last few months. I hope that as soon as I test play this I will be able to approach a 3pp publisher to get these out there. It means a lot to me all the kind words and use of my system.

This was the original scope I had lain out for the project and it finally is accomplished.

Now the question is where to go next?
>Ritual Magic system to allow martials limited spellcasting
>Unchained Barbarian Redo
>Unchained Brawler
>Unchained Slayer
>My own autistic system that isn't the hellhole that is Pathfinder
>Book of Goblinoids
>>
>>50484863
The Book of Goblinoid is a pet project of mine that I worked on a while ago.

Including the following:
Races:
>Bugbear
>Gubbins (aquatic goblins)
>Fleshed out Monkey Goblins
>Brawdwins (Native Outsider Goblins)
>Kojacks (Half Bugbear/Half Hobgoblin)
>Gremlins (Half Goblin/Half Hobgoblin)
>Meretroll (mistaken for a troll, actually a larger hairless bugbear)

Classes:
>a summoner archetype focused on barghest
>barghest speaker witch archetype
>goblinoid bloodrager & sorcerer bloodlines
>druid & ranger archetypes using goblin dogs
>neutral evil anti-paladin archetype
>goblins oracle mystery
>Bugbear shaman archetype dealing with their weird undead culture
>Bugbear "born into death" oracle curse

I fucking love goblinoids.
>>
File: Yoggsaron.jpg (529KB, 1071x665px) Image search: [Google]
Yoggsaron.jpg
529KB, 1071x665px
In light of the recent discussions about alignments, fixing settings, gods, and preventing threads from falling into absolute nightmares, here's a reminder that hope is an illusion.
>>
File: 1401600647905.jpg (481KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1401600647905.jpg
481KB, 600x450px
>>50484478
Is it still alright to let my players use Tome of Battle from 3.5? I want them to be a bit sturdier, though I don't know if it's been outpaced by now.
>>
>>50485696
I'm at the point now where I'm considering just using ports of the ToB classe instead of using Path of War.
>>
>>50485696
dude do whatever you want
>>
>>50485794
Why is this such a common answer. Why not talk about the implications of the decision.

It's like /pfg/ can't actually think through mechanical implications.
>>
File: 1470874552718.gif (87KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
1470874552718.gif
87KB, 600x437px
>>50485696
What is the connection between these pictures?
>>
>>50485806
Because it doesn't affect any of us and it doesn't fucking matter to me what he lets his players use.
>>
>>50485806
Because ToB is still pretty darn good compared to base PF. The implications are "Change some skills, enjoy doing more than one attack+move or 5ft step+full attack."
>>
>>50485696
Honestly, converting the classes to PF is easy. The manuvers shouldn't have too much trouble being shunted over either. I think ToB would keep up just fine with Paizo monsters.

What do you mean by "sturdier" though.
>>
>>50485806
>>50485815

It's because Pathfinder should, first and foremost, be a way for people to have fun together. If this means telling a story while the party effortlessly carves through legions of foes, more power to them.
>>
>>50485815
Wait what? No seriously, fucking what? He is asking what will happen if he does it. Your answer is "not playing in your game lol, so I won't answer".

God damn. This actually made me really fucking angry. Holy fuck. I hope you're trolling and not actually retarded.
>>
>>50485851
No, he asked if it was alright. Not 'what would happen'

Its absolutely alright and he should do what he wants

Seems like you're the one thats retarded, friendo.
>>
>>50485845
He asked what would happen if he lets them use it.

You just dance around the question by going:
>lol doesn't matter, I'm not in the game
>lol just do what you want

I don't know if you're doing this on purpose or /pfg/ actually this retarded level of perceived conflict avoidance.
>>
>>50485869
nothing meaningful will happen. Its path of war. Almost everyone that plays pathfinder played 3.5

3.5 is easily convertable and usable in PF. So it really doesn't matter, and he should do what he wants

Retard
>>
ALright pfg, got any suggestions on feats or gear for a Dragon Disciple Prestige Archetype 3 | Avowed (Dragon Pact) 3 gestalt character? I am going maximum overdragon and I want to dragon my dragon with a dragon dragon, if you dragon.
>>
>>50485929
you should buy any equipment with the word 'dragon' in it

Realtalk you should look for some 3.5 material like stuff in the draconomicon which had some dragon specific items and try to clear them with the GM.
>>
>>50485929
Get Transformation and Hybrid Transformation for permanent dragon.
>>
File: 1449183852130.png (142KB, 299x368px) Image search: [Google]
1449183852130.png
142KB, 299x368px
>>50485717
I'm just more familiar with the OG Weeaboo magic. Newer to PF

>>50485813
I wish I knew

>>50485828
>>50485839
Part of What I had in mind. I thought that it would be a better base for players that aren't looking to minmax it, and not feel SO outpaced by the magic users later on. I just don't know how exactly it stacks up with the PF fighter, as I heard it got buffed up from 3.5

>>50485806
I appreciate the effort. I was wondering more mechanically speaking, that's true.
>>
>>50485929
See >>50485956
Except you should also get the Improved Transformation, so you can add traits and transform as a swift action

>>50485983
Even with the buffs, pathfinder fighter is still pretty shitty compared to spellcasters. The buffs only put it barely on-par with its fellow martials, and that's only with heavy optimization using half a dozen splats.
>>
>>50485983
>I just don't know how exactly it stacks up with the PF fighter, as I heard it got buffed up from 3.5
Unless your players are going to troll through the books to find all the good advanced weapon training + archetypes then ToB classes are still miles better. Even if they do that then the maneuvers still give the ToB classes a leg up.
>>
>>50485983
Warblades, Swordsages, and Crusaders are way more fun than PF fighters.
>>
>>50486002
>>50486013
>>50486022
Thank you, that about resolves my decision!
>>
>>50486002
>. The buffs only put it barely on-par with its fellow martials, and that's only with heavy optimization using half a dozen splats.
Fighter is the best martial though as long as you're allowed archetypes.
>>
>>50484478
When looking at the Transparent ability of a gelatinous cube and similar creatures, would you say that a perception check to notice the enemy is made automatically, as is the case for most creatures, or only when specifically requested like with traps? The DC to see the slime is a flat value, not an opposed roll, so in that regard it's already similar to a trap. When using this ability the slime also effectively functions like a trap, since it must be motionless and simply wait for someone to walk into it.

The ability in question:

"Transparent (Ex): Due to its lack of coloration, a gelatinous cube is difficult to discern. A DC 15 Perception check is required to notice a motionless gelatinous cube. Any creature that fails to notice a gelatinous cube and walks into it is automatically engulfed."
>>
>>50486079
I don't know about "the best", but it at least can do things and not be totally fucked for it. Fighter always required archetypes in order to actually be anything but a total joke anyway.
>>
>>50486128
With archetypes the Fighter becomes the most versatile, especially when you add in VMC.

A Mutation Warrior + Eldritch Guardian Fighter VMC Barbarian shits on the rest of the martials. Especially if he chooses a sage familiar.
>>
>>50486171
don't forget that with the new archetypes a figther can basically trade out all his class features for alchemist features and retain weapon training only.
>>
>>50486184
Isn't that Ratfolk only
>>
>>50486198
or adoptive parentage humans
>>
>On its turn, a creature can attempt to escape your lock whenever it tries to move
So they can receive one escape attempt per move action spent (or more with maneuvers/feats that let you move as a swift action)? Wouldn't this make Lock easier to escape than Grapple?
>>
>>50486198
Actually it doesn't say it is.
>>
File: Chaika PARTY HARD.gif (396KB, 541x332px) Image search: [Google]
Chaika PARTY HARD.gif
396KB, 541x332px
>>50484405
So picking up from last thread because I am a masochist with terrible taste.

>local tiefling mage is too fucking lazy to study and cast his own spells anymore, would rather learn other shit, like how to properly use weapons or read weird dead languages
>rather than ditch his magic training entirely, opts to use it to just build something that can use and study his magic for him
>now has an artificial being that is permanently linked to him, can study and grow on its own, with the only downside being that they both draw from the same magical reserves
>now travels the countryside learning everything he can with a reluctant, quite literal buffbot in tow

How can I expand upon this and make this work, from a fluff standpoint. Already have a vague idea of mechanics, I just need to pad out the fluff.
It's an utter abomination, if you have to ask, but I feel compelled to actually go all the way with it. I started with an Alchemist||(Bushi/Vigilante) Stalker base and I'm almost scared to try actually breaking it down to individual components.
>>
>>50486198
Never actually says that. Just that it's typical of ratfolk.
>>
What should I gestalt Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) with if I want to have maximum fight-man power?
>>
>>50486299
whatever you want
>>
>>50486198
Blood of the beast adds some cool archetypes that a lot of characters can use. Ones that are for a race exclusively specify it next to the name of the archetype or with a prerequisite only a few races have the ability to use.
>>
>>50486299
Literally anything you want my nigga.

Aegis for getting swole?
Psion for some mind controls shit or body horror buffing?
Alchemist for buffs and utility, maybe Vivisectionist for sneak attacks?
>>
>>50486299
Alchemist just for Mutagens or Barbarian just for Rage.

Pretty much >>50486317
ZS Warder is pretty much the best fight man. You aren't going to get much better other than just higher numbers by gestalt.
>>
>>50486299
Alchemist and Investigator pair well.
>>
File: BotB P4-5.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
BotB P4-5.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>50486323
WHICH IS A DAMN GOOD THING, BECAUSE IT'D BE A SHAME IF SOME OF THOSE ARCHETYPES WERE LOCKED TO RACES THAT WERE SHIT AT USING THEM.
>>
>>50486340
so triggered still
>>
File: Dunmesh Marc Yell.png (122KB, 513x429px) Image search: [Google]
Dunmesh Marc Yell.png
122KB, 513x429px
>>50486350
FUCK YES I AM. MY ONLY SOLACE IS THAT I COULD UNIRONICALLY BUILD A STOCK WIS/CHA AASIMAR INQUISITOR, THANKS TO STARKNIVES GETTING SO MUCH BULLSHIT SUPPORT, AND LUNAR ORACLE BEING VERY THEMATIC TO A DEDICATE DESNA WORSHIPPER.
>>
File: tumblr_nkoiaxHJjL1s3r70co1_400.gif (2MB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkoiaxHJjL1s3r70co1_400.gif
2MB, 400x272px
>>50486340

Hey, calm down, relax. Just discuss it with your GM.
>>
>>50486333

I'm probably going to go for Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) for that extra DR and stopping power!
>>
>>50486399
>stacking a full BAB d12 class with another full bab d12 class
Shit nigga what are you doing!?
>>
>>50486441
he wants to be the toughest.
>>
>>50486340
Anyone know where i can get scans of BotB like this?
>>
>>50486399
At least stack something with good Reflex save progression
>>
>>50486441

Then what do you suggest, Senpai? Barbarian fits the brutal aesthetic of the character!
>>
>>50486466
Try Slayer.

Still Int-based, good Reflex save, 6+Int skills per level, and sneak attack.
>>
>>50486466
Investigator with a mutagen focus. Gives you more STRONK, as well as 6 skill points and a fast reflex save.
>>
>>50486486

Slayer sounds great!
>>
File: Shax.jpg (36KB, 380x763px) Image search: [Google]
Shax.jpg
36KB, 380x763px
Is there another way to treat bleed effects as fast healing besides doing Demonic Ovedience for Shax?
>>
>>50486514
Actually, unless you're really into Studied Target and the pitiful selection of Slayer Talents available, Vivisectionist Alchemist has all the same features that I pointed out for the Slayer, but it also has Mutagens and Extracts, with better Sneak Attack progression since it uses Rogue progression.
>>
>>50486495
>>50486486

I'll just be honest I'm the Gregor Clegane guy, I'm looking for a class that is WIS-focused (taking the trait that switches my class abilities to Wilson) and reflects the character's juggernaut status and wanton addiction to performance enhancers.
>>
File: BotB P12-13.jpg (1MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
BotB P12-13.jpg
1MB, 5026x3263px
>>50486388
I KNOW, AND MY GM IS A VERY NICE, LENIENT MAN, BUT IT STILL MAKES ME WANT TO KICK ALEX "NOT A FURRY" AUGUNAS IN HIS KITSUNE LOVING FACE, ESPECIALLY SINCE THE MOTHERFUCKER went and ignored my question about why they didn't just make it entirely cha-based in the first place. Come on bro,

>>50486385
DEDICATED, EVEN. Sorry, I started to phase out of "enraged" into "excited there.

Actually, now that I think about it, if I were to do this, even with the total meme of needing to be level 3 for it to actually work properly (muh noble scion dex-to-initiative), is there a way to get the TWF and/or Ranged feat chains as an inquisitor, without needing to meet the Dex requirements?

>>50486450
The book is in the trove now, though I honestly would prefer it if I could get the pages just in image form, like so. Maybe I'm just retarded and there's a way to do it in a pdf viewer, but I don't know how to do it. Instead of more angry/upset faces, have another page.

>Kitsune get an alternate set of racial ability score mods
>catfolk don't

MUST. NOT. POP. BLOODVESSEL.
>>
>>50486584
>4
Catfolk can't be wise, otherwise curiosity wouldn't kill them!
>>
>>50486562
Oh, you're going for Ordained Defender as well? Well that changes things slightly.

Slayer still works very well, since it only really relies on Int for Slayer Talent DCs and Master Slayer, neither of which are necessary for the class to function.

It makes Alchemist a bit of a worse choice since they actually do use Int for some of their real class features, but it works great if you flavor Mutagens to be your performance enhancers.

There aren't many non-caster Wis-based classes, so if you're tight on point buy and you don't want to split resources between Int and Wis, Inquisitor is a good bad choice considering its potential for self-buffing.
>>
>>50486562
The Mountain is smarter than he is wise.
Alchemist would give him mutagen as perfomance enhancer.
>>
>>50486350
>>50486385
Wait what's wrong here? I can't open the image.
>>
File: BlackbeardBuccaneer-Cover.jpg (78KB, 417x480px) Image search: [Google]
BlackbeardBuccaneer-Cover.jpg
78KB, 417x480px
> Buccaneer seems like a neat archetype
> Get to drink booze for more grit
> It's Human only for whatever reason, but I can't really complain since at least that means I get a bonus feat

> Loses Quick Clear
> Don't get Gun Training until level fucking THIRTEEN

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???
>>
Wheres book 6 of hells vengeance in the trove?
>>
>>50486604
Ah, but if you pump Intelligence they'll be so smart that they won't have anything to be curious about!
>>
File: 2hu Barely Contained Rage.gif (109KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
2hu Barely Contained Rage.gif
109KB, 209x193px
>>50486665
>Inquisitor archetype on the catfolk page of Blood of the Beast
>big draw is that it trades out the Domain for the ability to pick an Oracle Mystery
>at 1st and 8th you get a Revelation from that Mystery that you would qualify for, treating your Inquisitor level as Oracle level for the revelations
>no extra revelations, which is fine, because you still have enough to get the good ones from a Mystery
>but all mystery shit is still based off Charisma, while spellcasting and all other inquisitor features remain based off Wisdom
>the page that this archetype is on is for a race with -2 Wis, +2 Cha
>immediately after this is an archetype for FUCKING SHAMAN, THAT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING RELATED TO CHARISMA
>>
>>50486687
>laughing paizo.jpg
>>
>Building Hell's Vengance character
>motto
>"Big Money, Big Women, Big Fun."
>planning on being CE
This is gonna be a fun time.
>>
>>50486729
What's up, Sips_?
>>
>>50486729
How much gold does a pound of premium dirt go for anyway?
>>
File: 1469525781023.png (112KB, 712x806px) Image search: [Google]
1469525781023.png
112KB, 712x806px
>>50486692
PLS RESPOND
>>
>>50486703
Not true! Even if you know a lot that doesn't stop you from repeating stupid stuff because you're still curious about it! A lot of us are smart enough to know that pathfinder is shit, and we're unwise enough to continue playing it!
>>
>planning on making a character dreaming of the sky
>planning on a dwarf
>he can't do magic himself, literally incapable of learning
>plans on creating something else to fly
>A Dream of Flight is his major theme

What is the best classes to accomplish this with? I am thinking Alchemy can probably get a slide.
>>
>>50486775
Ah, but of course! You have bested me sir!
>>
>>50486771
It's been 7 minutes. Chill
>>
File: petrified elsbeth.png (166KB, 735x645px) Image search: [Google]
petrified elsbeth.png
166KB, 735x645px
How do I maximize my polymorphing of hapless enemies, /pfg/?

Pic semi-related, I saved it maybe fifty threads ago and am not the artist.
>>
>>50486801
Alchemist then.
>>
File: AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>50486242
WAIT A FUCKING TIC, there's an archetype to change spellcasting modifier for spheres, and the GM of RotJR said that changing an initiator to charisma could be done for free. Do you fuckers know what this means?

CHARISMA BASED ALCHEMY. CHARISMA BASED BRUTAL SLAYER. WE IN BUSINESS, BOYS. TERRIBLE CONCEPTS NEVER DIE, ONLY GROW STRONGER
>>
>>50486838
>Harumphing intensifies!
>>
>>50486838
He did say he'd be keeping an eye out for abuse, so its not a given.

Don't buy the pig while it's still in the bag
>>
>>50486692
its not on the trove? I've got my hands on it
>>
File: 1472010332706.png (139KB, 251x220px) Image search: [Google]
1472010332706.png
139KB, 251x220px
>>50486875
Get in the bag, neppy!
>>
>tfw my group is starting hell's vengeance in a couple weeks
>tfw most of them already know their characters
>they're all concepts i was thinking of playing and now i ran out of ideas
>>
>>50486894
IN THE FUCKING BAG
>>
>>50486801
Absolutely Alchemist. Alchemy is technically not magic, but apart from that there's hang gliders, Buoyant Balloons, and Alchemical Dragons.
>>
File: ChaikaCute.jpg (48KB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaCute.jpg
48KB, 636x357px
>>50486875
Fair enough I suppose, and I still have an Int-based, much less entertaining setup. It'd just be an awful shame to have a dad whose wizard-child is physically stronger than he is.
>>
>>50486838
>CHARISMA BASED ALCHEMY
Can't you already do that? Method to the Madness from Inner Sea Monster Codex.
>>
>>50487009
kind of
>>
>>50487009
That needs the Madness (EX) which only Dwerro's have
>>
File: 1458695980948.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1458695980948.png
209KB, 510x346px
>>50486323
>Ones that are for a race exclusively specify it next to the name of the archetype or with a prerequisite only a few races have the ability to use.

Wait, really? Wouldn't that make it so only Nine-Tailed Heir is exclusive?
>>
>>50486340
Dem hips...
>>
>>50486880
Unless theres another trove that im not aware of the last book is 5.
>>
I am hype for Rise of the Shattered Jade Regent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOynv67joHI
>>
File: dontswingthatway.png (929KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dontswingthatway.png
929KB, 1366x768px
>>50486083
Perception checks should pretty much always be automatic; It's one thing for the character to actually search for something specific, but "you didn't say you were looking" implies people walk around everywhere with their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears.

And for FUCK'S SAKE, don't make realizing the SKY. HAS. FUCKING. CHANGED. COLOR. AND. HAS. A. GIGANTIC. FUCKING. RIFT. IN. THE. MIDDLE. a DC 40 fucking check unless they're ON A DIFFERENT FUCKING PLANET.

Got it, Bradley

>>50487058
Buttherface....
>>
If a Cleric dies and comes back as a ghost, do they still get their spells and such? Or would most gods stop supplying the divine mojo?
>>
>>50486947
Not high enough. He wants to touch the stars.
>>
>>50487211
Whats wrong with her face?
>>
>>50487224
Depends on the god and why the cleric became a ghost. In general, evil gods probably wouldn't care, neutral gods might or might not care and lawful types would probably approve if they're a ghost because they want to keep a promise/fulfil a duty/the like even after death.
>>
File: what.jpg (125KB, 510x534px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
125KB, 510x534px
>>50487296
What
>>
>>50487296
Overly flat faces are not desirable/healthy for cats
>>
>>50487349
I see a perfectly normal attractive catfolk lady. What's wrong with her?
>>
Reminder that Lewd Hell's Vengeance is still recruiting on Roll20, and will be open for a while.

Here's the link: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/62955/slash-pfg-slash-hells-vengeance
>>
>>50487533
There's already 15+ people applying, I don't think it needs more advertising.

Plus like half of them are the same emo character with different names from a quick look.
>>
>>50487533
>Mfw europoor
>Mfw I can't possibly stay half-awake by the hour it starts
>>
>>50487570
Serial killer | BBK?
>>
What's the point of arcanist? How is an arcanist any different from a sorcerer or a wizard? How the hell does it even work.
>>
>>50487570
Man I don't plan on being emo. I plan on being just insane and happy.

Big Money, Big Women, Big Fun

What's the best class for making The Real Guy, The Best Guy?
>>
>>50487625
>>50487570

I hate that everyone went BBM and Vigilante. I want to remake mine but I feel weird cause I posted something already.
>>
>>50487653
Arcanists prepare spells like 5e casters. They prepare spells out of their spellbook at the beginning of the day, like wizards, but rather than putting a specific spell in a specific slot, they just make a list, and can cast any spell off that list spontaneously with any high enough level slot, like sorcerers. They're prepared/spontaneous hybrids. Sprepareous casters.
>>
>>50487570
Hey hey hey, Shizuka isn't emo.

She's delightfully insane.
>>
>>50487570
That might be one of the reasons I'm posting.

Still waiting for Gregor Poster to apply as well.
>>
>>50487666
Well the man's a talker, an entertainer. Some kinda cha class at least.

Prolly take Leadership eventually to get Sjin along for the ride.
>>
>>50487570
H-hey my character isn't emo

Why do you hurt me anon ;_;
>>
>>50487728
Demagogue Bard is a place to start.
>>
>>50487676
Feel free to rebuild, or post a "backup" character with a fresh, new idea.
>>
>>50487746
Or Vigilante and go balls out on renown and things that build off it.

FAME.
>>
>>50487765
Vigilante || Bard

Perfect
>>
The key to a good evil character is to avoid the emo trap and go for the delightfully evil side

[SPOILER]I JUST WANTED TO BE JETSTREAM SAM WHY DOES EVERYONE ELSE HAVE TO BE A BBK[/SPOILER]
>>
>>50487208
Wait it's getting Shattered Star om. too?
>>
>>50486646

Ordained defender? Naw man, naw; the DM is giving us a trait that does it for us, or turns Warder into Charisma.

Ooh ooh! >>50486647 would you say The Mountain was smart, wise, or had a sheer force of presence? I'm willing to force Charisma, if that seems like the perfect trait for a character designed to give NPCs the shivers!
>>
>>50487752

I wanted to do a cleric but nothing gestalts with it that wouldnt make everyone hate me
>>
>>50487781
Maybe Exposed Vigilante.

Also Fist of the Avenger for Fuckin' A and Fuckin' B
>>
>>50487795
If it wasn't on Tuesday afternoons I would have made a charismatic leader type.
To many people have a narrow focus on "evil man doing evil thing"
>>
So, would a somewhat casual worshiper of Desna (a skald aiming to be a spherewalker) go full stars and butterflies motif with her clothing?
>>
>>50487829
Well he did have a certain cunning, he is afterall a highly successfull serial killer back home.
He was not very wise, bad temper and all.
But yes, actually his most powerful aspect is the fact that he is walking talking fear incarnate.
>>
File: sam.jpg (111KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
111KB, 1024x640px
>>50487870
I mean I literally made Shizuka to be basically Jetstream sam, and then someone suggested the bob ross sword, and then i got one of my friends to help name her sword so she has the silly rose theme along with it

But I think i've gotten her enough away from 'evil man doing evil thing'. I mean yes she is still that but.. Evil campaign, its gotta have some hammy fun.

>>50487876
I'm not sure why that would be 'somewhat casual'

Nothing wrong with the idea though (not sure why a Skald, but hey, its totally workable)
>>
Is spherecasting a purely mental action if you don't have the Somatic and Verbal drawbacks?
>>
>>50484478

is there a planetouched like race for Dragons?

That way we can play half dragon without the level adjustment.
>>
Question about Elemental Flux shenanigans

Does the 2d6 damage from said elemental flux stance apply to weapon attacks, or all attacks, including the spell-ish maneuvers from the discipline?

Whats stopping me from throwing two rays, a minute hand and a fireball in one turn?
>>
>>50488013
It's called being someone with levels in a class that gets a bloodline , then picking dragon as the bloodline.
>>
>>50487970
... Yup
>>
File: Mink.(Dragon.Half).full.892844.jpg (223KB, 949x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Mink.(Dragon.Half).full.892844.jpg
223KB, 949x1181px
>>50488013
If not there should be.
>>
>>50488024
Why the ellipses?
>>
>>50488023

well sometimes people want to be born of dragons, but not have it be part of their class.
>>
>>50488041
it triggers people
>>
>>50488013
Kobolds. Or Wyvarans.
>>
>>50488041
because people don't like exposing the minute broken aspects of their pet system. Come on guys we all know that if it was fair it would get a sidebar on the SRD. it is neat though.
>>
>>50487570

Is my character one of the emo characters

I didn't want emo, I just wanted a big friendly doggy
>>
>>50487831
Cleric || Myrmidon?
>>
>>50488076
>if it was fair it would get a sidebar on the SRD

>Path of War is on the Sidebar.

????????
>>
>>50488076
>minute broken aspects of their pet system.
I mean Psionics is a purely mental action and it's far from broken either.
>>
>>50488076
Uh... that's not broken anon. That's why somatic and verbal components are DRAWBACKS.
>>
File: medusa.gif (997KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
medusa.gif
997KB, 500x268px
>>50486811
Relating to this, is there a Medusa monster class, or something?
>>
>>50488076
Also bullshit it'd get a sidebar. srd dude only lets people who sell in his shop on his site.
>>
>>50488099
I mean if anything, not having those things makes you more in danger because you just showed that you can't be reasonably contained/captured unless someone goes full SCP foundation on your shit.
>>
>>50488092
>Myrmidon

Uhh the swashbuckler archetype?
>>
File: 1480623455586.jpg (176KB, 775x737px) Image search: [Google]
1480623455586.jpg
176KB, 775x737px
Remember that really bad thing? it happened. well partway happened
>>
>>50488171
The Path of War Fighter Archetype.

Good BAB. Grit. Nice Recovery Mechanic. Wisdom as Initiation Stat. 6/9 Maneuver Progression.
>>
File: confused birb.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
confused birb.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>50488251
Elaborate?
>>
>>50488277
for my own safety i refuse.
>>
>>50488252

Which book is that in? I may have to download it.
>>
>>50488301
Why even bother to post at all.
>>
>>50488301
>>50488251
you can't just offer storytime and tear it away

TELL US
>>
File: Hoplite General (Cloning Souls).jpg (482KB, 630x776px) Image search: [Google]
Hoplite General (Cloning Souls).jpg
482KB, 630x776px
>>50488302
Path of War Extended:

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/dreamscarred-press---fighter-archetypes/myrmidon-fighter-archetype
>>
>>50488324
No, that's what they want. Ignore them, they're just seeking attention.
>>
>>50488329
I thought it was called Path of War Extrapolated?
>>
>>50488251

A pudgy, kinda-cute girl with little clothing happened?

Doesn't seem so bad.
>>
>>50488348
Path of War Enlarged?
>>
>>50488313
>>50488324

So the GM let us make the DMPC he would play. So, as a joke, we took turns adding as many stupid deviant art tier character traits as we could reasonably could fit in.

So here's your Tiefling Half Dragon (Half gold, Half red) Hospitaler Paladin who happens to be twelve months pregnant and who's tears turn into crystals.
>>
>>50488368
Path of War Excursive
>>
File: 1480446740234.gif (984KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1480446740234.gif
984KB, 500x279px
>>50488372
Fuck off. I'd much rather you never posted at all.
>>
>>50488329

Thanks anon. I dont know if that fits the theme of my cleric but I know you can never have enough feats.
>>
>>50488384
Path of War Expand Dong
>>
File: xFGIVtZ.png (46KB, 282x219px) Image search: [Google]
xFGIVtZ.png
46KB, 282x219px
>>50488360
seems halfway pregnant to me
>>
>>50488251
That's the [MEME], isn't it.
>>
>>50488372

is she also world champion in martial arts, and has different colored eyes, One of them being purple?
>>
File: DRILLS.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
DRILLS.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>50488372
>iTS A TIEFLING HALF DRAGON PALADIN THATS PREGNANT AGAIN
>>
>>50488421
Get out of here you crazy bitch. Those drills don't fool me.
>>
>>50488419
Yes to number 2
>>
File: MEGUMIN.jpg (73KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MEGUMIN.jpg
73KB, 725x1024px
>>50488434
very well have some megumin
>>
>>50487211
The way my GM does it, he has our perception modifiers, and if we are on the move, we have a passive perception of 5 + mod. If we stop moving, it becomes 10 + mod, though traps and purposefully hidden objects/creatures do require a spot to find. (Else some abilities like Stonecutting become a lot less attractive)
>>
>>50488329
>>50488390

The Malefax is keyed off of wisdom!
>>
File: 1473481279962.gif (2MB, 612x639px) Image search: [Google]
1473481279962.gif
2MB, 612x639px
>>50488449
IS there a way she can be portrayed in-game?
I don't mean "someone can do explosions" I mean the ability to completely dump your entire daily limits into a singular moment of utter nova goodness.
>>
How do I maximize my blastiness as a spherecaster?

How do I become Megumin?
>>
>>50488576
Be a Psion or a Sphere caster.
>>
>>50488581
Sorcerer Crossblooded Orc/Dragon of Choice1 /Elementalist X
>>
>>50488591
How are you going to pump your manifester level to up to 400+?
>>
>>50488629
No, you spam stuff with quicken power and energ missile.
>>
>>50488591
Wrong. Megumin is a Wilder/Ultra focused destruction sphere caster
>>
>>50488612
Considering the game will also go into Mythics, is there anything I can do in there to blast even more?
>>
>>50488658
Oh, so you mean not like Megumin at all.
>>
>>50488679
What qualifies as "megumin" to you then, she's just a blasting mage type right?
>>
File: PATH OF EXPLOSIONS.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PATH OF EXPLOSIONS.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>>50488581
you must walk the path of explosions.
>>
>>50488722
>dump your entire daily limits into a singular moment
That whole thing that they were asking about. Energy missile and quicken can use up what... a tenth of your pool in a round? That's definitely not using up everything like they were asking about.
>>
>>50488629
Get the boons that reward you for getting fatigued as well as being at lowered Spell Points, carry a +5 Destruction Staff, dip into Incanter 1/Wizard 1/Sorcerer 1 (Orc + Dragon + Blood Havoc), with the rest of your levels into Elementalist and go nuts. You'll want magical signs and verbal + somatic drawbacks, and probably the drawback to take longer with casting if you want to be completely accurate to Megumin.
>>
>>50488722
>just a blasting mage

No, she's a blasting mage that is only about one, really fucking big blast.

To make Megumin in spheres you have to crank you CL with shit. you need to focus on the destruction sphere and shit (maybe go sorc to get blood havoc), and take the Overcharge boon.
>>
>>50488751
Manifester level was in response to psionics, I know little enough about SoP to talk about it.
>>
>>50488742
That's pretty much impossible in Pathfinder and also a very dumb idea. I guess you could go Spheres because as far as I know there's no Spellpoint/Round limit on use, but even then that's so frigging unsound.
>>
>>50488591
manifester level limitation. You can't just spend all your PPs, though that's something often claimed by folks that disliked psionics.

I'm talking *total* dumping here.
>>
>>50488581
Draining Casting, Energy Focus (Searing Blast), Overcharge
>>
>>50487287
>his alchemist doesn't use Elude Time and jettison a doppelganger simulacrum of himself into the void to walk amongst the stars while safe at hime
>>
>>50488751

Does Orc and Blood Havoc stack?
>>
>>50488576
Kineticist
>>
>>50488852
Yes.
>>
>>50487894
I was more or so talking about the other apps, Shizuka seems best of both worlds wit her character.
>>
>>50488872

Sick. Thanks anon.
>>
>>50488904
I just wanted to be Jetstream sam anon
>>
>>50488722
Basically she knows ONE spell, and puts ALL her points into it. That spell is Explosion; the non-elemental AoE that drains all your MP to cast.

And every single level up she puts every last point she has into "increase spell power and mp cost", so that as a result casting it once causes her to collapse with critical HP.

She's at the deep end of one-trick-pony.
>>
>>50488921
Just to note, she's had enough points to purchase "all advanced magic" (as in the entire 'firaga/banish/xzone/bio/cure3/etc' package) at least twice over, all put into explosion's power boost.
>>
>>50488943
That is what it means to walk the path of explosions anon.

Its not a task to be taken on lightly.
>>
>>50488110
You do know Spheres DOES sell in his shop, right? I own all their books through his shop.

It's not there because Reyst himself doesn't use it, and none of the half-dozen people who actually work on the site have gotten around to doing it because the SoP wiki exists.
>>
>>50488949
Okay. So what you do is take advantage of how metamagic works in Spheres. Quicken improves cast time by two steps, and all others increase it by one step. So you can, by using another metamagic, cast using all three actions in one round. Take Shift Time from the Time Sphere and you can borrow your next turn's swift for number four.

All this takes a HEINOUS amount of SP though, so you'll likely need Soulfire to power it all, burning your con for the points to run it, knocking yourself down to 1-2 con.

And the Overcharge boon lets you knock yourself out for a cl boost on the last three of those.

Its VERY dangerous though. You can still miss. SR can be a thing if you're not stoneblasting (which hurts damage). Things can be deflected or counterspelled.

If it doesnt work you're fucked.
>>
>>50489100
THAT IS THE PATH OF EXPLOSIONS.
>>
trying again

Question about Elemental Flux shenanigans

Does the 2d6 damage from said elemental flux stance apply to weapon attacks, or all attacks, including the spell-ish maneuvers from the discipline?

Whats stopping me from throwing two rays, a minute hand and a fireball in one turn?
>>
>>50489185
I'd personally say it applies to the touch attacks/rays but not to the fireballs, since those proc saves.
>>
>>50489167
Oh and if you're a thaumaturge gunning for MORE CASTER LEVEL, then you'll be running into your backlash chance four times.
>>
>>50489218
So, im spending a swift action to minute hand, a move action to get a swift action, a swift action to augment energy spark and I still have a standard action.

This sounds like fun.
>>
>>50489238
PATH
OF
EXPLOSIONS
>>
>>50488101
Is this a movie? What's this from? It's pretty hot.
>>
>>50489328
Oh nevermind, I just google image searched.
>>
>>50489328
>>50489341
The shitty clash of the titans remake.
>>
How does Blood havoc even interact with spherecasting?
>>
>>50488576
Spheres. Let's take level 5, because that's where most Destruction Advanced talents come into play.

The most you can pay for a Blast at 5th level is 12 points. That's all there's talents for. In fact, the only time it goes up from there is at 15th, when you get Calamity and can spend one more point. Mind, that's with some REALLY specific talent decisions, but that's fine. At that level, you're liable to have 8-11 points, let's be generous and say 11. Where is the extra point going to come from?

The Soulfire feat lets you take 2 points of Con burn in exchange for a temporary spell point. Spending those points on a Blast makes it bypass SR, so it actually has a purpose beyond burning our life. So let's go ahead and spend 12 of our 13 points of Con for those 6 points (leaving us at 1, barely able to physically stand). But anon! We only needed 1 point! Well, anon, that's fine, because we need these extra five points for MAXIMIZE SPELL and EMPOWER SPELL.

Reminder that we are, again, going for a perfect white-room, and not everything will always line up. Such is the path of explosions.

Now for Casting Traditions! I won't go into details, stacking Drawbacks is trivial; it's POSSIBLE, though not RECOMMENDED, to stack the ten drawbacks required for the five boons we use. Since we are low on HP, Deathful Magic activates, giving us +2 CL. Let's say we have a 6-member party, and we picked up any free aura spell; Draw Magic activates, giving us another +2. Since we've got no spell points left, Empowered Abilities activates, giving us another +2 to CL. Metamagic Expert activates once for Empower and once for Maximize, giving us another +2 to CL. Aaand let's Overcharge it, for one last +2, fatiguing us (or exhausting, if we were already fatigued, or straight passing us out if we were already exhausted). And a +1 staff, of course.

16d8 explosion at level 5, and you are now a limp noodle until you get 8 hours of bedrest.
>>
>>50489100
>you'll likely need Soulfire to power it all
>SR can be a thing

Did you even read Soulfire?'
>the blast bypasses spell resistance
>>
>>50489572
>16d8

Didn't actually add empowered or maximized lol

192 damage explosion, dex save for half.
>>
>>50489572
>>50489603
Meyers says Empowered doesn't work like that, the +2 only triggers on spells cast while your pool is already empty, not on the spell that empties your pool. -24 damage.
>>
>>50489572
That's fucking amazing and I want to do it but I don't understand spheres at all or know if my DM allows it.
>>
>>50489603
Wouldn't it average out to uh... 164? 16d8 maxes out at 128 + 8d8 damage which averages out at 36.
>>
>>50489585
Man I forgot about that bit aight? Cut me some goddamn slack aight? It's a secondary benefit of the dang thing.
>>
>>50489633
Is that how empowered+maximized works? My DM's always applied empowered first and maximized second, i.e., maximizing the empowerment too.
>>
>>50489650
Ah, maybe? I know that's how it worked in 3.5
>>
>>50489572
And that's why Spheres isn't on the SRD. Because I don't want the caster to suddenly decide he's bored of my meticulously-crafted boss fight, dissolve it to ash, and collapse on the floor so the party has to drag him home. Either my work, and the adventure, are moot, or I have some Final Form bullshit prepped and they're all salty because now they're down a wizard. No fuckin' thanks.
>>
>>50489650
the order doesn't matter.

A spell that is empowered has all of its variable effects increased by half, aka x1.5

A spell that is Maximized has all its variable effects maximized

So say we have a spell that does 10d6

if you empower it first, it does 15d6, then those are maximized, making it 90 damage

if you maximize it first, it does 60, and then thats empowered (x1.5), to deal 90

Or, straight from the SRD

"An empowered, maximized spell gains the separate benefits of each feat: the maximum result plus half the normally rolled result."

>>50489633
so no, its 192 damage.
>>
>>50489726
>Normally rolled
>>
>>50489726
>"An empowered, maximized spell gains the separate benefits of each feat: the maximum result plus half the normally rolled result."
Uh, that disagrees with everything you said. Half the normally rolled result, not half the maximized result. 16d8 being the normal roll would be 8d8 damage.
>>
Can you get any metamagic feat applied through a mage's tattoo?
>>
>>50489717
To be fair you would have to approve of someone taking all of those advanced talents and all of those drawbacks and this also assumes the mage does LITERALLY NOTHING FUCKING ELSE ALL DAY

BEFORE, I want to stress that, they burn themselves out.
>>
>>50489745
>>50489748
>reads it again

The fuck?

Why?

Thats dumb.
>>
>>50489760
Also, it's foiled by good touch ac, because you're still a mage with shittastic BAB. mid bab at best. Or saved against, avoided completely via evasion.

Can also (at least one) be counterspelled. Smash From the Air can shut it down at no cost besides some aoos unless you're areablasting.
>>
Reminder not to bully your wizard.
>>
Ignore >>50489961, remember to bully your wizard.
>>
>>50489975
DO NOT BULLY THE WIZARD
>>
File: 1479621807022.jpg (112KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479621807022.jpg
112KB, 724x720px
No bullying!
>>
File: SUMMONING.gif (895KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
SUMMONING.gif
895KB, 450x338px
How do we make summoning more fun, /pfg/?
>>
File: not violence.png (69KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
not violence.png
69KB, 400x400px
>>50490014
>>
File: TieflingSmallMage.jpg (655KB, 1591x2250px) Image search: [Google]
TieflingSmallMage.jpg
655KB, 1591x2250px
>>50489961
Bitch, I made this wizard, I'll bully her if I want to.
>>
>>50490026
Don't do it.
>>
What are the limits of Inscribe Magical Tattoo? Can you put metamagic feats into them?
>>
>>50490086
They're just wondrous items etched into your skin.
>>
One of my friends is playing a Druid.
She wants to cast Tears to Wine on someone's blood, which would probably kill them immediately.
I feel like this shouldn't be allowed but as far as I can tell, it's a totally viable option. I'm wondering if I've missed anything.
>>
How does the last paragraph of mythic run work? what's the DC of those constitution checks?
>>
File: FFsummoner.jpg (180KB, 980x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FFsummoner.jpg
180KB, 980x1200px
>>50490026
We start with some of this.
>>
>>50490236
If you knew how to read you'd realize it doesn't work on creatures
>>
>>50490236
the spell targets an object,not a creature
>>
File: 1453858536144.jpg (114KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
1453858536144.jpg
114KB, 400x372px
>>50490026
>>50490273
Then we sprinkle in some of this.
>>
>>50490236
I would think you need to be able to see the liquid you're converting, since most AoE spells require a line of sight to the target, and the target's skin would provide full cover, preventing the Druid from targeting the target's blood.
>>
File: 1453858475531.jpg (100KB, 500x568px) Image search: [Google]
1453858475531.jpg
100KB, 500x568px
>>50490285
>>50490273
>>50490026
And this.

Basically, you have to make a pact, usually this involves travel to a place (like a temple) thought it could be more like defeating a powerful creature. Then you have a template-type creature that you summon.

Then you can specifically buff it up, but it acts like a big mean guard-dog. Maybe some of the later ones you can project over a longer range, but generally you're gunna be damn close to your summon.
>>
File: 1480484196777.jpg (513KB, 1212x915px) Image search: [Google]
1480484196777.jpg
513KB, 1212x915px
Updating my backstory for my Former vampire hunter.

>Nicolae Krause, Ustalavian Bee keeper and husband to a retired paladin (Loosing an leg tends to end your adventuring career.), and father to a three year old boy.
>Life is good, Wife teaches him and his boy some of the paladin-ing arts.
>Then everything changed when the vampires attacked.
>everything burnt to the ground and his wife and son drained dry. He focuses his hate into a killing edge and manages to cut off the hand of one of the vamps.
>Then the burning building of their house collapsed on him and the vampires escaped laughing in the night.
>In the morning he gets out swearing justice.
> He tracks them down in a one man crusade. But its harder than he thinks. Has to resort ever more extreme tactics to bring them down. Like burning down villages, poisoning their food supply, or just plain old torture. The flames of HATE in his heart could not be quenched. Hate so intense it bent and twisted the abilities that his wife taught him.
>Chases these vampires all the way to Cheliax, he manages to trap the last two, bleed them dry and let them roast in the morning sun.
>as they're burning away, he figures "What's the deal with them and blood?" and in a flight of fancy, gives it a taste.
>Struck with a revelation. "Life is strength, Blood is life, Ergo Blood is Strength. "
>sifting through the ashes of the last vampires he sees the badge of a Hellknight, Either they owned it, or it was a trophy. Either way it was a direction to follow, If nothing else it might lead him to interesting blood to spill.
>>
Are any of the DSP guys around? I had a weird question about gestalt with the Warder.
>>
>>50490330
ask it anyways people might be able to help anyways
>>
>>50490314
I think its neat that you incorporated some of the ideas that anon suggested to you. Killing vampires is pretty hard work though, maybe they were just spawn?

Burning down whole villages is maybe a bit extreme, but say, trapping them in a tavern and torching it could be neat.
>>
>>50490352

They probably were just spawn, but he doesn't know any better. as far as he knew they were full blown vamps. Maybe the original vampire is this hellknight he found the badge of? who knows? Plot hooks!

And in the backstory proper the wording is "Ever more extreme tactics."
>>
>>50490314
Better.
>>
How does a warlord get Mithril Current and Elemental Flux?
>>
>>50490407
martial traditions
traits
become a bushi
>>
>>50490314
You're still gay.
>>
>>50490346
Well alright. It's mainly about the Ordained Defender. I wanted to gestalt it with Cleric to make a good sort of holy warrior that isn't a Paladin, and it has this clause in Divine Gift:
>If an ordained defender also has levels in a class that grants cleric domains, the blessings chosen must match the domains selected by that class.
This addresses Blessings, but what if I want to take an Inquisition for my Divine Gift? Is it possible to have an Inquisition and Domains at the same time, or would it function like the Inquisitor's Domain class feature where your Inquisition has to match your Domain in classes that grant a domain?

It seems like it would function like the Inquisitor's class feature and require that my Divine Gift matches my Domains, but the archetype specifically says you get an Inquisition, so I wasn't sure.
>>
>>50490426
I'd say that you don't have to MATCH (some domains don't have inquisition counterparts) it, but it should still make sense under the same god.
>>
>>50490420

A bushi meshes well with what I want. Thank you!
>>
>>50485485
Who?
>>
>>50490515
The lucid dream, the fiend of a thousand faces. Bow down before the god of death.
>>
>>50490542
You forgot to cower before his true form.
>>
>>50490542
>>50490515
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_n1An8buCQ
>>
>>50490548
I also forgot about the monster in your nightmares.

I did like the one puzzle-box though with all its creepy quotes.
>>
>>50490568
>I also forgot about the monster in your nightmares.
Myself?
>>
>>50490450
That's cool. I was considering Conversion, but that one seems a little too good to be getting on a technicality, and I'm not dumping Cha anyway because I want to be able to use Channel Energy well.

I'm using the Day and Night Subdomains from the Sun and Darkness domains, and I'm not really sure which Inquisition would go well with that thematically.

It's a homebrew goddess of balance, if that helps at all.
>>
File: IMG_0232.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0232.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>50490583
I dont have a proper image on hand to actually reply without sorting through a folder of around 10000 unsorted.

So uh... have a picture of my kitty when he got himself stuck.

I was going to respond with some cthulu mythos shub-niggurath stuff.
>>
/pfg/, I'm bored.

Entertain me. Caper for my amusement! Tell me about your character!
>>
File: Catherin Sketch T.png (862KB, 1300x2137px) Image search: [Google]
Catherin Sketch T.png
862KB, 1300x2137px
So I'm fairly inexperienced in terms of PF and I've made a character for the lewd Hell's Vengeance game, specifically Catherine. Recently finished up her second draft but I need guidance. Both background and mechanics wise, can anybody who's following that game tell me what I'm doing wrong? Just expose every flaw in my character. I guess what I'm asking is please bully me senpai.
>>
File: gunslinger 9.jpg (345KB, 575x800px) Image search: [Google]
gunslinger 9.jpg
345KB, 575x800px
>>50490796
gun witch, fuck yeah!
>>
>>50490796

Well my player's rakasha spawn Tiefling just ate her Raksasha dad's soul... so there's that.
>>
>>50490796

Well, the one I most recently made is what I Have termed 'maximum overdragon'; she's a teifling with the gestalt class setup of Dragon Disciple on one side, Avowed (Dragon Pact) on the other,.
>>
>>50490796
I've gotten bored so far of talking about my gestalt shieldmaiden, so maybe I should start building a new character?
>>
File: karin_by_first_second-d8tsi9d.jpg (217KB, 750x1594px) Image search: [Google]
karin_by_first_second-d8tsi9d.jpg
217KB, 750x1594px
I want to marry a muscle wizard!

Also; why are Magadazes a thing? Like why do 'Gambling' Devils exist? Wouldn't gambling be a Demon/Chaotic thing not a lawful thing?
>>
>>50490810
Link to character backstory / character sheet?

she looks pretty cute.

is being bullied her fetish?
>>
>>50490810
I mean you described the character as 'someone who is evil and enjoys it' which seems to absolutely not really mesh with the stuff about her being a slave who was twisted into an evil person

I don't know. It just seems off.
>>
File: Female_Catachan2.jpg (194KB, 506x1105px) Image search: [Google]
Female_Catachan2.jpg
194KB, 506x1105px
>>50490863
Musclegirls are bestgirls.

What's the Vietnam/Catachan of Golarion?
>>
>>50490810
>>50490865
For those not playing/following the HV game, backstory on the last page..

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1022581

No, it's mind control. I just want to be bullied for the sake of a better character.
>>
>>50490903
honestly the character is just inconsistent. She was enslaved but we're given no indication about how she felt about it. And now she doesn't like being given orders?

I feel like i'm reading about a bunch of stuff that happened to her, but none of it really tells me anything about her, or her motivations, why she would be chill with Thrune... Like she seems to be one of the characters who suffers from being full of EDGE but there's nothing fun about their edge. They're just edgy and sad and evil.
>>
>>50490975
To expand

How does a slavegirl, who has had likely every aspect of her life monitored and controlled, immediately go out after being freed and become a COMMANDER.
>>
>>50490590
Revelation might be one. Or Illumination.

>>50490796
I'm...having thoughts on joining that lewd HV thing. I need people's opinions on this guy.

>Half-Elf raised as a druid by elf dad in a forest bordering Cheliax
>Things go okay for the first few decades
>One day get abducted by fae
>Get beaten, raped, exploited
>Is literally incapable of explaining this shit to anyone once he's returned
>Come to realization that fae anarchy is something that must happen
>Kill an Iomedaean Cleric who wanted to get him therapy. Bind his horse's soul to be his ghost steed using strange fey gifts (Omen Rider).
>Find a Chelish hunting party a little later looking for the Cleric. They decide to ask if he wants to help other people see what he sees.
>Becomes agent for a Baron, degrading, enslaving, and sacrificing political enemies in order to make Cheliax a better place (Oh yeah, he's a Life Channeler Druid, so the sacrifices become legit gardens)
>His truths turn out rather infectious and he gets people joining him as some sort of pleasure cult. It's essentially their release from a life of slaving away
>Get requested to audience with Queen
>Queen asks about the cult. He considers it a reward for the hard workers. He honestly doesn't want them to worship the Feys as he might, just to unwind. A reward for their toils, as it were
>Volunteers to make pleasure cult a community service group for most days of the week
>Queen tentatively accepts this. The cult can exist as it is, but only as long as he stays within her good graces

tl;dr Quan Chi-lite meets skeevy 1980's Satanic Death Cult Leader.

If anyone has any pictures of creepy elves with scythes, that'd be cool. Or creepy elves with ghost steeds.
>>
>>50490903
>>50490975
Seconding this. I'm reading a bunch of stuff that happened to her in the past with no indication of her reactions to it.

I also think the slavery part is a bit incongruous; I think it would be more suitable for her to have been "adopted" and then raised cruelly by this mercenary, simply because he *could* and no one really cared to say no to him. Slavery however is financially oriented most of the time - if he wasn't whoring her and had no intention of selling her, its pointless for her to be a slave.
>>
>>50490883
>>50490975
>>50490999
I see what you mean, I think her current personality is fine, but I certainly do need to be clearer on how it got that way. I was wanting to avoid getting too long winded but hearing another's opinion makes it clear it does need some expansion.

Thanks for the guidance, if you've got any more I'll take it.
>>
>>50491008
>meeting the queen this early

uh.
>>
>>50491087
Hm, perhaps just make it meeting the Baron then?
>>
>>50491096
i mean.. Maybe?

I'll have more in a bit. I need to go acquire food to get my brain going again
>>
Yeah you don't need to meet the Queen for something like that, someone of a lower rank is still fine probably.
>>
Using gestalt how do I:

"I am War given form, I am Conflict given voice, I am Strife given desire, and I desire your end" using gestalt?

On one side I am thinking Harbinger. On the other side I am unsure. If possible I want to be "always deadly" and have as little reliance on gear as possible, however in pathfinder that isn't really an option.
>>
>>50491175
Aegis? It might be a bit of a dick move to gestalt PoW with Psionics though.
>>
>>50491175
Vow of Poverty monk is a great way to go without gear!
>>
>>50491175
Warpriest with the War domain || something else on the other side.
>>
>>50491175
You want an evil soulknife there. Maybe even an evil psyarm or metaforge.
>>
>>50491239
Would a vow of poverty monk be somewhat decent if he went down the path of Throw Anything? I wonder...
>>
>>50491270
Nothing could save the Vow of Poverty monk
>>
>>50491278
Retraining to a different class and build could!
>>
alright you know what

here's my problem with all you Hell's Vengance memers

Why is the factor i see in common with most 'SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO THEM IN THE PAST, THIS MADE THEM EVIL'

why can't they just be a bad person.
>>
>>50490810
>>50490883
>>50490999
>>50491046
Good amount of editing went down, based on criticisms. Pretty happy with the changes. Anybody up for a second round of pointing out my failings?
>>
>>50491382
All three of my concepts are just bad people:

>Crazy Oda Nobunaga warlord
He just wants to rule a nation and is willing to do anything to do so. The worse that happened to him is his family has been barely nobility for 3 generations.
>Literally Sips_
Buisnessman, the real guy, the best guy. Big Money, Big Women, Big Fun.
>Lel War
Entirely unrepentant sociopath who thrives and flourishes in conflict.
>>
>>50491382
Because people who are just bad people are bland and annoying.
>>
>>50491382

My character's honestly just flat evil; she's using her past as an *excuse*, which is if you ask me more heinous.
>>
>>50491382
That's kinda what I was getting at earlier.
Being evil is astill easy as "I was born with a rotten core" or "I will do whatever it takes to achieve my ambitions"
>>
>>50491418
no they're not.

I will name off the top of my head, three fantastic characters who make great bad guys

and they are just bad people

Ladd Russo

Sundowner

Orihaya Izaya

Bad people are entertaining as fuck
>>
>>50491417
i don't think you've psoted any of them tho.
>>
>>50491382
Probably would've made somebody who's default setting was asshole if I hadn't wanted to make an Aasimar, who're sort of inherently good most of the time.
>>
>>50491400
Better. I like the backstory a bit more. Its still a lot more of 'THIS HAPPENED TO HER' but you can see bits coming around

I'd like to see more description on her personality, though i think you should outright remove the line 'is evil and enjoys it' because its just.. I dunno. Bad. Show me that, don't tell me that.
>>
>>50491382
Yeah, like a pyrokineticist who really likes to watch things burn! He doesn't even have to be chaotic evil. He could be calm, collected, and perfectly rational- it's just that there's /nothing/ more soothing to him than the licking of flames. He compares it to the feeling of having a loyal hound loving up and snuggling on him- though when he harnesses his own flaming power he acts like he's siccing an attack dog on someone!

Which reminds me, I should totally make a kineticist who shapes his blasts to look like attack dogs.
>>
>>50491417
>Literally Sips_
You still need to use this one.
I love that I wasn't the only one who immediately recognized the slogan as well.
>>
>>50491476
i mean i don't think its always a bad thing, i just see it too often and sometimes it makes little sense

Its fine for an Aasimar because logically something had to twist them and fuck them up.
>>
>>50491382

The people here are trying to make them relatable. "Yeah i'd flip the fuck out if this happened to me."

Writing a person who's just bad because they're bad is hard. It often leads to this anon's point
>>50491418
>>
>>50491465
How much time do we have?
>>
>>50491417
What would the Sips build actually be, mechanically?
>>
>>50491510
i dunno. Until the sun burns out.
>>
Can someone please explain how the average turn for a PoW initiator typically goes

If you could explain it as if you were speaking to a retarded child It'd be even better
>>
>>50491519
Demagogue Bard || Exposed Vigilante focusing on Renown.
>>
>>50491382
I went for "does not consider lower life forms people", in that 1% way.

>Of course we care about poor people! Those millionaires have it really hard!
>No, we mean, people working AT your company for example
>... but you said people.
>>
>>50491505
i disagree. People who are bad are more interesting to me.

Also, I really don't care if I relate to your character

I want to see a character that I'd enjoy watching. Make me want to root for them, even if its utterly fucked.
>>
>>50491531

That sounds fantastic, and you should totally use it.
>>
File: I_REFUSE.png (247KB, 396x279px) Image search: [Google]
I_REFUSE.png
247KB, 396x279px
>>50484478
Remove Kitsune.
>>
>>50491531
And Unarmed for combat, dont forget.
>>
>>50491008
Oh i have my pad see ewe or whatever and i'm ready

By point

>beaten raped and exploited by fae

Why is this there other than to be edgy. I feel its really weird to just throw ALSO RAPED in there, it'd be fine to just have him be twisted mentally by the Fae, which would make more sense with the 'fae anarchy' THING TOO

>Kills a cleric

who is this cleric? Why did they show up? How do they know him? Why was a Chelish hunting party after him because for the most part Cheliax tries to remain cool with Iomedae up until the actual events of HV

>Queen
That was covered, should just be the Baron

How would this person interact with other evil people if not try to get them to join his cult?
>>
How would I visually describe an Oread with both the Crystalline Form and Granite Skin alternate racial traits?
>>
>>50491527
Uh, well it'll change a LITTLE bit depending on individual class differences as I'm sure you can understand but here goes:

You have Standard, Move, Swift, or Full-Action and Swift

Swift is either a Boost or a Counter - Counter generally means your swift this turn got used up between now and your previous turn, in order to, say, cancel a hit or an effect. Boost will do something - depends on the maneuver - but generally makes your next attack more powerful, or gives you a really quick light hit in addition to your other actions, or maybe gives you a no-provoke half-move that doesn't eat your other actions, or whatever.

Strikes use up either Standard or, sometimes at higher levels Full actions (and those are the full-attack ones that can utterly wreck shit). You spend the action and, nearly all the time, what happens is you get an attack, but with an added effect. Like, "You'll fire your gun normally, but on a hit you also add +2d6 damage, and the target has to roll Fort or be sickened for a round". It's important to note that these are their own actions which means you cannot combine them with vital strike or whatnot, even if it's a single swing.
>>
File: Lich.jpg (169KB, 1600x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Lich.jpg
169KB, 1600x1022px
I'd played Vengeance with my mates and quite honestly I don't know where he stands on the scale of "evil because something bad happened to him" you guys are talking about. I'll list his story below:

>When Thead and Lilk were younger they did just about everything together, and were altogether pretty normal boys, although Thead always had an uncanny fascination with death.
>One year when both were 20 (twins) Lilk and the rest of their village contracted a terrible illness that none of the low-level holy men in the area could help cure, to the point that Thead had pretty much no options.
>It was around this point that a Minister of Urgathoa came near the village, drawn by the powerful stench of death in the air to minister to those dying about their inevitable fates.
>Thead, seemingly unaffected by the ailment sought out the preacher and asked him if there was anything he could do to keep his brother with him.
>The Minister replied that he knew of a path but that he must become like him to do so.
>Thead accepted, but only after broaching the subject with his dying brother.
>Lilk was incredibly out of it when he gave permission, but after he succumbed to his illness Thead buried him in an area he knew where he'd be able to find him, with the promise that when he knew how he'd come back and live with his brother again like in the old times.

The character I play is an Undead Lord, with his brother as the Undead Companion that follows him around. We just finished Book 1 and all of the big antagonists have been killed and turned into skeletons and/or zombies. He's also stolen the Aiomedian church in the town and ministers to the people from it if they're willing to listen.
>>
>>50491599
Not as bad as the "immune to magic and alchemy" futaness.

>NO! no matter what they did, FUTA! And uh, I guess, because uh, maltreated, so evil now yeah. there.
>>
>>50491477
Well, I expected her personality to show more in play than anything else. Best form of show-don't-tell, methinks. I will see about improving it, though.
>>
>>50491637
just a few hints is fine

I just honestly really hate the 'evil and enjoys it line' desu.
>>
>>50491622
I actually like this as a 'bad thing happened and now i am bad' because it makes good flavorful sense and you built it into the character and his companion.
>>
>>50491653
I gotcha fampai, I can see how it could be irritating. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
>>
>>50491382
Well my character just is and does things for her own benefit. She doesnt give any fucks.
>>
were the writers at Paizo utter Pervs?
>>
>>50491712
no but Augunas is
>>
>>50491665
His basic outlook on life is more or less that there's no avoiding it, that death is inevitable, heck even the Gods die sometimes, so unless you plan on doing something about it we all just need to accept our fates, let what happens happen, and if we die we die, if we don't we don't.

Since Thead has the power to bring people around him up and put them to work, albeit mostly in skeletal form, he's going to use it, and no silly little positive-channeling cleric or Smiting Paladin is going to stop his work. His ideal world is one where when everyone dies they sign a waver and allow their undead bodies to assist with the manual labor needed to run a civilization. Even if the undead aren't the best workers around, they never get tired and can work through the night. After 5 or so years of work a Cleric will contact your spirit to ask if you're willing to let them continue using your body to work the fields, and if not then you're fully put to rest, if so you go for another 5 years and so on.
>>
>>50491740
>the good industrious necromancer meme

you killed it.
>>
>>50491754
What, is that a common thing? I thought it was a pretty good idea all things considered, and given what I know about creating undead it's still a pretty evil act, given that when you do so you trap the victim's soul to fuel the body and it's unable to go to whatever model of Heaven they were destined for.
>>
>>50491779
its like the oldest meme and its fucking awful.
>>
>>50491779
Only intelligent undead have or are souls.

The basic necromancy doesnt do fucking shit to the person's soul.
>>
>>50491631
To be fair, he only through that in because of some brainstorming he did with the GM (the GM actually suggested "Maybe the potions didn't work because you can't flip a coin over and get a different outcome when both sides are heads?")
>>
>>50491779
The dustmen were a common user of that trope. That's 2nd edition AD&D planescape, for those of you who weren't born in the 80s. You sign your body over to them in exchange for some gold now, and when you die the body becomes a manual laborer for a while.

It could get a little annoying if you got resurrected, but for the average destitute commoner that wasn't going to be an issue ever was it.
>>
Okay, Hell's Vengeance character.

Unchained Rogue (Hidden Blade, Rake, Bandit) || Sphere Cleric (Asmodean Advocate)

>asura-spawn tiefling born to the Sarinis
>grows up, trained to be a jester
>hates it, doesn't want to be in the circus
>she watches The Six Trials of Larazod
>it inspires her, she wants a better life
>a life in service to Asmodeus
>she wants to be a lawyer
>a viper whispers to her at night
>convinces her to run away from home to study law
>shows her how to turn invisible so she can sneak away
>she sneaks off to an Asmodean monastery
>legally changes her last name to Rilsane
>trains there for decades
>she's not too bright, but she's canny
>she picks it up eventually
>Asmodean priests teach her how to out lawyer everyone
>her viper teaches her how to fight
>she completes her education and they send her off
>the Adventures of Yori, Traveling Murder Lawyer
>>
>>50491790
I legitimately wasn't aware, that said why is it so "awful"? It's efficient and would ease the stress on any given civilization's economy with literally free labor, and if you REALLY wanted to you can even go to war with a neighboring country, kill their people and use them for even more free labor on top of the land you're going to get for conquering their kingdoms.
>>
>>50491837
Doesn't geb do that in Golarion? Or something similar?
>>
>>50491382
>why can't they just be a bad person.

My character's a bad person! He grew up bigger and tougher than the other kids and learned to use that to beat them up and take their stuff! Nobody taught him this was wrong, so he just assumed it was right, and when the time came to either get conscripted or have the locals find a thick enough tree branch to hang him from, he decided to conscript!

The Butcher of Barrowood, they called him, for like any mad dog his masters sicced him on the heretics, apostates and refugees that dwell in that forest!

It's where he got struck by a gout of Hellfire that scorched his skin and gnaws at his rotten soul, which continues to smoulder even to this day. He finds his pleasures where he can to forget his thrice-damned soul, but the only thing really sustaining him is a steady supply of positive energy that's propping him up.

In retrospect, this makes him equal parts Clegane and Darth Sion.
>>
>>50491896
But when are you gonna post him to the thread anon
>>
>>50491599
>Why is this there other than to be edgy. I feel its really weird to just throw ALSO RAPED in there, it'd be fine to just have him be twisted mentally by the Fae, which would make more sense with the 'fae anarchy' THING TOO
Eh, acceptable. Not sure how degenerate this is gonna go.

>who is this cleric? Why did they show up? How do they know him? Why was a Chelish hunting party after him because for the most part Cheliax tries to remain cool with Iomedae up until the actual events of HV
The cleric kinda just stumbled across the bastard and decided he should go to a mental hospital for help. I didn't know that latter part, but I'm considering that this particular cleric was starting to get too uppity with something and the party was there to make sure the cleric was kept in line more than anything else. The fact that the cleric was dead by some crazy bumfuck elf was just an inconvenience that needed fixing and killing him was a waste. The pretty flowers helped too.

>How would this person interact with other evil people if not try to get them to join his cult?
He's actually an incredibly friendly person. He'll throw some dark humor there to lighten the mood, he'll take most insults with jest. Just giving him the promise of people to enslave/sacrifice for a better cause would be enough to get him behind a goal, but that won't stop him from pulling that same shit on anyone who's on their deathbed if he feels it the best outcome.

If there's anything that bothers him, it's those who question his mental health. Hell, even making fun of the fact that he's some hillbilly elf druid won't mean shit to him.
>>
>>50491904

I'm doing it now, I don't have the character sheet up but it's literally a big dumb Warder | Invulnerable Rager, easiest thing in the world!
>>
>>50491907
Alright, you've justified that stuff, fair is fair, i'd just make sure all that stuff you're tlaking about with his personality comes through on his character sheet.
>>
>>50491917
>>50491904

And it's inefficient as hell, but I'm taking the Trait that changes his initiating modifier to Charisma. Is it inefficient compared to Wisdom? Of course it is, but for a character whose meant to be nine feet of terrifying, scarred flesh that still cracks and smokes like burnt pork, he's going to have a little force of presence, eh?

Still need to figure out a name for this guy.
>>
>>50490863
Why would Gambling be a chaotic thing? Addictions are pretty much the realm of devils, and gambling is legal in most societies. Demons also don't trade in souls, so there's probably a soul for gambling luck business for Devils.
>>
>>50492174
There's also the fact that probability is extremely Lawful, and gambling is a probability game.
>>
File: Noximillian Coxen.jpg (114KB, 900x798px) Image search: [Google]
Noximillian Coxen.jpg
114KB, 900x798px
>>50491418
On one hand we have characters like Noximillien Coxen, who are exploring the nature of a paradox - They realised too late that they were neglecting the things they loved, they lost them and now they want them back.

On the other hand we have characters like Malus Darkblade, who realises that in any given situation there are more positive alternative moral choices he could make - they just don't appeal to him.

The nature of evil is to *deprive*. Nothing is sweeter than things earned to the detriment of someone else.

"An encouraged person will eventually get his drive from encouragement; he becomes more dependent. A person that never really receives encouragement learns to move out of spite; he becomes more independent."

It is okay to have camraderie, and even friendship and loyalty... so long as *you have the upper hand* and so long as the situation is mostly mutually beneficial. An evil character may even be there for you when the going gets *truly* tough. But an evil character will seldom *choose* to be on the losing side.

So many people need something to "make" their character evil, rather than just have them be someone who is simply hateful, resentful and full of *spite*.
>>
>>50492199
>>50492174
Wait, I retract that. I can see how probability could be seen as chaos.
>>
>>50492199
>gambling is a probability game

kek.
>>
>>50492209
The orphan child that learns the only way he's going to get food is if he takes it from those smaller than him, is someone who learns to move out of spite. If he continues to be successful like this, eventually he's the guy in the dark corner that no one fucks with because of his violent and pro-active retribution towards those who interfere with his schemes and rackets.

The noble-boy who has others constantly make excuses for, or cover up his bad behavior, is a character moving out of spite. He becomes much worse if he's *encouraged* in his bad behavior - like being encouraged to exploit those less fortunate, to be cruel when the opportunity presents itself and there are seemingly no reprecussions. Hell he might even be *envious* of seeing a character that is encouraged (like say, count of monte cristo power dynamic) and so he destroys that which makes him feel insecure and 'lesser' than his actual status.

Tinkering with "evil" as a concept, involves exploring the darker aspects of humanity; no one can make you embrace evil - it is a choice one makes consciously, if even only a step at a time ("if I don't do this, someone else will have to" is a moral dilemma that the nazi's used to great effect on police officers, who were told explicitly that they *did not have to participate*... and then next thing you know instead of just rounding up jews between 16 and 65, they were shooting them. Because they took one step after another on the path to 'evil').
>>
Some people are also just twisted in the head, and it just takes a little bit to tip them and they happily carve their way to hell. and LOVE doing it.
>>
File: 1361999981706.jpg (918KB, 900x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1361999981706.jpg
918KB, 900x1333px
Okay, I am making a backup character for the HV campaign because everyone likes BBMagus.

The plan was to go Sorcerer either Orc or Elemental - Primal Bloodline with Blood Havoc and blast with fire||Warlord and take Mithril Current and Elemental Flux specializing in the vulnerability side of MC and the elemental damage from EF without an animus pool so my fire spells are not phased out to resistance.

However this is turning into a daunting task. I have to find ways to reduce my ASF, keep my defenses high to be in melee, decide between STR or DEX fag, and get MC and EF onto the Warlord, probably using Bushi (which feels kinda bleh for an evil campaign giving the Bushido abilities I take) and a trait for EF.

Is this even worth it? I am not even sure if this would work. It sounded cool but the mechanics are just wonky.
>>
>>50492455
While true, that involves exploring those without empathy, or suffering from a derangement of the mind. Which is considerably more difficult to do than exploring those who simply walked the path.
>>
>>50492550
Sometimes its fun to watch those characters act though. Sometimes you don't need to understand someone.

Its fun to just watch someone who is derranged be derranged, if said derrangement is enjoyable

thats like, the whole point of Deadpool.
>>
File: Blademaster.jpg (294KB, 1280x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Blademaster.jpg
294KB, 1280x1062px
>>50492545
I get that you're going for a sort of Orc Blademaster, and it's important to remember that the Burning Blade clan were so *exceptionally* consumed by demonic fury and bloodlust that the clan *tore itself apart*. When thrall finally broke the orcs out of the internment camps there were *less than fourty members of the burning blade still alive* and they were only alive because they managed to channel that fury into extreme martial conditioning.

I'm not exactly an expert, but I'd say shoot for Bloodrager or Psywar / Bushi gestalt, rather than go sorcerer. Bloodrager gets you past the pesky ASF in light or medium armor.
>>
I need a gestalt build that's constructed around the concept "The Candle That Burns Twice As Bright Burns Half As Long". I need to be able to burn brightly and burn out. I plan on being the Handsome and "Heroic" kind of lawful evil. LE focused on duty, obligation, and lack of feeling.
>>
>>50492602

I went that way because my first idea was to make a pyro. I wanted someone to spread the good word of flame and was going to make a cleric but nothing really pairs with cleric and I didnt want to use a trait to make Warlord or Warder key off of wisdom. Which in retrospect now is probably a better course of action. And then someone recommended the Sorc/Warlord.
>>
>>50492669
>build my character for me

Do you at least have a class you're interested in.
>>
File: 112116.jpg (313KB, 1248x2600px) Image search: [Google]
112116.jpg
313KB, 1248x2600px
>>50492211
Yeah. I mean, after all, in most settings, 'Lady Luck' type deities are Chaotic, and I mean gambling - in the sense that it is most typically meant although obviously you can bet on games of skill - is generally seen as something to do more with chance than skill or knowledge. Hell, I'd even argue that if you are playing a Devil right, they should never be gambling - Devils are schemers; they should never be taking an action unless they (believe) their victory is assured as a result.

>>50492174
Given that Demons are all about excess and hedonism, shouldn't addiction be Demonic, not Devilish? I've always seen Devils as more scheming/cunning/will with Demons as more impulse/power/passion.
>>
>>50492697
ever heard the phrase "The house always wins"
>>
>pulled a six layer "they were dopplegangers" plot
>I wrote down on a sheet of paper who in the castle were dopplegangers, sealed it in an envelope, and gave it to a players so no take backsies
>fooled them into thinking the guy who they thought was a doppleganger wasn't and was actually an agent of the crown when he killed another doppleganger in front of them, telling them he was sent to route out the corruption
>joke was on then, he was also a doppleganger
>even worse one of the PCs was also a doppleganger, having been killed a while back when he "escaped"
>I handed the PC a note at some point saying "you've been activated, kill your party members"
>he looked up at me and I nodded
>he was still alive but a prisoner, the doppleganger had been with the party for three sessions
>one player down and against their supposed friend plus another doppleganger the PCs barely survived

Was pretty fun.
>>
>>50492687
That's the thing. The only class I know that has mechanics like that are sphere casters. I just want to be pointed in the right direction for characters who can push limits and burn out.

Oh and Kineticist.
>>
>>50492697

That tiny skull must be mighty indeed.
>>
>>50492710
worry less about base mechanics, worry more about something you want to play
>>
>>50492710
There's also the wilder.
>>
>>50492715
I want to play a character that burns hard and burns out. I already know the personality I'm going for.
>>
>>50492727
TELL ME A CLASS. THAT PHRASE CAN LITERALLY WORK WITH JUST ABOUT ANY CLASS. LET ALONE A GESTALT

DO YOU HAVE ANY CLASSES THAT YOU, YES YOU, ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY
>>
>>50492712
Calcium is a helluva drug.
>>
>>50492730
I want a character who has mechanics where he can spend extra to hurt himself in exchange for power.

No, not all classes do that. Fighter, Wizard, Cleric, Rogue, and more don't have mechanics that reflect that.

I want a class that can spend resources to hurt himself to eek out extra power.
>>
>>50492743
Ok cool fuck yourself then.
>>
>>50492750
Man I'm just asking if there are classes I don't know that can do that. I know Kineticist and Sphere Casters do. I'm looking for others that can.

Why are you so angry?
>>
>>50492758
Because you have demanded that other people spoonfeed and do all the footwork for you.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

There you fucking go. Now go spend an hour or three looking for something that does what you want, rather than expecting people to build your fucking character for you, when you cant even give them an answer to "WHAT FUCKING CLASS ARE YOU INTERESTED IN" or anything beyond your absurdly vague description.

Fuck off.
>>
>>50492758
because you literally came in here with 'BUILD MY CHARACTER FOR ME', and were fucking unhelpful even to the people willing to help you.

Stop trying to get spoonfed and fuck off.
>>
>>50492778
I am not asking you to build a character. I am literally just asking you to name classes that have mechanics like that. Literally don't tell me what so ever how to build the character, just name the class.

Holy shit, are you actually retarded?
>>
>>50492743
Kineticist is pretty apt for what you're describing, and probably what you deserve to play.
>>
>>50492787
WILDER. KINETICIST. SPHERECASTER. I GUESS BLOODMAGE

now fuck off if you can't be assed to even do cursory research
>>
>>50492785
I don't want you to build the fucking character. I want you to tell me if there are any classes I don't know with mechanics like that.

I'll build the character myself.

I'm confused. I don't want you to build my character. I want to build it. I just want to know if there are other classes with mechanics similar to that.

How is that different than any other build advice. I have a mechanical concept and I am wondering if there are classes that cater to it.
>>
>>50492796
Do not spoonfeed.
>>
>>50492802
Ok let me explain it to you slowly

There are a lot of classes that do what you want

There are also a lot of classes in the game

People asked you what you actually wanted to play, IE, class wise, so they could help suggest a good gestalt for your goals

Instead of responding in a constructive way, you whined and asked to be spoonfed

You are now being told to fuck off
>>
>>50492787
Boku no Pico
>>
>>50492796
I names Kineticist and Spherecaster. I know about bloodmage. Thank you for telling me Wilder can do it.

Literally saying "Wilder" is all I asked. I didn't want to read through dozens of classes it's easier to ask because there are people here to play it and know how it works.

I don't understand. What have I done wrong? Is it because I didn't read every class searching for a certain kind of mechanic before asking for advice?
>>
>>50492802
>>
>>50492823
No its because when people tried to give you advice, you demanded to be spoonfed instead.
>>
>>50492819
>There are a lot of classes that do what you want
Which ones besides Kineticist, Spherecasters, and Wilder. If you could tell me I'd like to look through them to see if it fits the theme I want.

>People asked you what you actually wanted to play, IE, class wise, so they could help suggest a good gestalt for your goals
I said what I wanted to play from a character concept and didn't know if there were other classes that catered to what I was thinking and wanted to know all the options before choosing.

No really I'm confused. Is asking "Are there classes that can do X" different than "I want a Fighter to do X"?
>>
>>50492823
>I NEED THINGS THAT FIT [RETARDED CONCEPT] AND I CANT BE FUCKED TO EVEN GO LOOKING.

Its all in how you phrase it you fucking mong. You didn't come and ask "Hey, I'm looking to build something around [idea], and so far the only class I've found that works is X, could someone tell me about anything that also works".

No, you came in and said "I need a gestalt build that's constructed around the concept "The Candle That Burns Twice As Bright Burns Half As Long". I need to be able to burn brightly and burn out. I plan on being the Handsome and "Heroic" kind of lawful evil. LE focused on duty, obligation, and lack of feeling"

Aka, "build my fucking character for me because I'm a lazy fucking retard".
>>
Y'all need a snack and a nap, he listed the stuff he already knew that performed that function and asked if there were any others, the only thing posting the D20pfsrd site does is make you look like a tantruming A-hole.
>>
>>50492834
Where did I demand anything? I said I have this mechanical concept and asked what classes work in that manner. The answer I got back was:

"TELL ME WHAT CLASS YOU WANT TO PLAY"

I replied I want to play in a particular style and don't know what class yet.
>>
>>50492851
Fuck off.

>>50492856
You don't get to beg and be picky at the same time .
>>
File: VkKWqoPg.jpg (68KB, 728x801px) Image search: [Google]
VkKWqoPg.jpg
68KB, 728x801px
>>50492848
>>50492834
>>50492824
>>50492820
>>50492819
>>50492796
>>50492789
>>50492785
>>50492778
>>50492750
>>50492730
>>50492715
This is some grade A autistic rage.
>>
>>50491995
>Trait that changes his initiating modifier to Charisma
Which trait is that?
>>
>>50492871
>You don't get to beg and be picky at the same time .
Being picky is having a mechanical concept and asking what classes can accomplish that?

No seriously please explain to me how responding with "all classes can do that, tell me a class" is helpful when all classes can't do that.

Ok, I'll conform to your system.

How does a Fighter accomplish a "Burn fast and bright" kind of play style where they can spend resources then burn out?
>>
>>50492889
its a custom one for the campaign.
>>
>>50492891
by gestalting with a class that works with it well, you dumb nigger
>>
>>50492878
No, it's people being frustrated over a non-discussion.

>I have vague idea, HELP ME.
>What exactly do you want
>I DONT KNOW
>how about x
>I DONT KNOWWWWWW!!!!!!
>Do you seriously not have any ideas
>I DONT KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Okay fuckoff
>NO YOU CANT TELL ME TO FUCK OFF, I GET TO SCREAM ABOUT NOT KNOWING AS LOUD AS I WANT
>no, fuck off. /pfg/ is not your personal autistic library.
>>
>>50492895
What class works well with it?
>>
>>50492891
Combat stamina
>>
>>50492899
I will spell out mechanically what I want:

A character who has resources, can spend these resources then receive penalties when he spends a lot, but receive a temporary power boost.

Examples include:
Sphere caster
Bloodmage
Kineticist

What other classes have similar mechanics to this?
>>
>>50492900
too late fuckboy. Figure it out on your own.
>>
>>50492891
You were given suggestions, you responded by being unhelpful and whiny. Fuck off.

And no, you really didn't have a mechanical concept. You had a vague inclination as to one.

>>
>>50492913
>>
>>50492913
Voyageur
>>
>>50492899
There was never a "how about x".

The guy who was asking named serious classes then people shouted at him, linked d20pfsrd, and refused to answer because it was "spoonfeeding".

I fear to think that it's more than one person because I hope there aren't more than one person that retarded in /pfg/.
>>
>>50492931
>Voyageur
Thank you. I'll give it a look through.
>>
>>50492933
>>50492669
>>50492721
>>50492710
>>
>>50492946
i tried but he wouldn't listen

Thats about when i got angry.
>>
>>50492946
Yes, I posted that I knew about Spherecasters and Kineticists, and thanks him for mentioning Wilder. I am looking through it now.

>>50492944
>>50492931
I have to say looking through it I can't see where the "burn fast" thing comes into play. Handle canoe actually seems kind of neat, but probably not relevant in HV.
>>
>>50492959
I said thank you for posting Wilder and am looking through it.
>>
File: JnCH26m.jpg (73KB, 488x632px) Image search: [Google]
JnCH26m.jpg
73KB, 488x632px
I can honestly not see what he did wrong.
>>
>>50492697
Vice and sinning gets you to Hell, not the Abyss. A Gambling devil's role is to tempt you, and the Magadaz are very well suited to do that. They can manipulate luck in their favor, and any humanoid near them feel the compulsion of taking bigger risks than they usually would. Their role in Hell's society is just to make money for Mammon, and gambling certainly does bring in the money.

It's an organised crime racket. The sheer bookkeeping required to run a casino is a good example of why it would be a Lawful institution. You need to have a proper civilization for gambling to really take its roots. The stereotypical Mafia as an example are Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil, sometimes even Lawful Neutral if they don't do anything particularly illegal, just using odds and favors for their own purposes.
>>
>>50492977
acted like a shit and demanded to be spoonfed
>>
>>50493019
I don't see that though. He didn't demand anything. People just got really angry after he didn't name a class.
>>
File: 1333327479584.jpg (23KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1333327479584.jpg
23KB, 500x414px
>>50493038
And then he did name classes, asked if there were others that did similar stuff, and people shouted at him that he was demanding to be spoonfed.

I really don't see it. I got what he wanted from reading it even it was vague. Is it a sin having a vague concept and asking "are there classes that do this". it seems like a lot of anger and accusations over nothing.
>>
>>50493038
because it showed he had no idea what he actually wanted to play and he was actively being unhelpful to those who wanted to help him
>>
>>50493065
Again, sounds to me like you need a snack and a nap, because you're getting unreasonably angry over a slight miscommunication.
>>
File: 1421366348457.png (19KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
1421366348457.png
19KB, 500x323px
>>50493065
He as asking "is there class that does X", then clarified on what X was when people said it was vague. He just asked for classes that did X. I mean I got the concept of what he wanted, and he named classes that did sort of what he wanted.

I don't know man. You seem in the wrong here.
>>
Rolled 8, 7 + 2 = 17 (2d10 + 2)

>make two builds for a character, just in case
>first build is stock dexbuild faggotry, because it works as-written and would be pretty easy to work with
>second version is full Str/Cha, out to be a boisterous piece of shit despite being a literal manlet

Only time will tell where this goes.
>>
>>50493095
>First line isn't greentext
Sorcery
>>
File: JojoWhatThe.png (218KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
JojoWhatThe.png
218KB, 500x500px
>>50493106
IT JUST WORKS

>>50493095
>5"5' manlet with a 17 inch dong

this is not how I envisioned a potential DILF, but I'll take it
>>
File: 1465482347121.jpg (214KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
1465482347121.jpg
214KB, 500x448px
Next week I get to play my first evil character, and I'm really excited. I just hope my DM doesn't just have 2 or 3 sessions and then get bored and scrap the game, like he has in the past.
>>
Regardless of who's the autist, it's new thread time:

>>50493139
>>50493139
>>50493139
>>50493139
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.