[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 516
Thread images: 85

File: Spooky scary skeletons.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky scary skeletons.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Undead Are your Friend Edition (aka how seriously do you take undead in your sessions at various levels? Are they always a serious threat or do they sometimes fall into spoopy/silly territories?)

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50484478
>>
File: IRONHEARTSURGE.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IRONHEARTSURGE.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
What are your favorite maneuvers, /pfg/?
>>
>>50493139

Ironically, i haven't had many undead in my campaigns. Most of my battles have been fairly pedestrian. Humanoids, humanoids and yet more humanoids.
>>
Rolled 8, 8 + 2 = 18 (2d10 + 2)

>>50493139
They're weak-ass pussies who get dusted by meme spells most of the time, unfortunately. Though I guess technically there's the party member who is slowly turning into a vampire, via modified corruption mechanics. She's pretty strong, but also kind of dense.

Dhampir: Not even once.
>>
File: Body of the night.png (243KB, 323x354px) Image search: [Google]
Body of the night.png
243KB, 323x354px
>>50493154
Do stances count?
>>
File: chaotic neutral.jpg (663KB, 800x1107px) Image search: [Google]
chaotic neutral.jpg
663KB, 800x1107px
>>50493154
i honestly unironically love the stance of assured victory
>>
>>50493139
>tfw I almost never get to fight undead
>tfw the campaign where I got to build an undead never got off the ground

So I can't smash skellingtons and I can't play that mummified sorceress I've been dying to unleash. It's not fun.
>>
>>50493154
Descending Sunset Strike
>>
>>50493180
what book are the corruptions from anyways
>>
>>50493154
Black Seraph Battle Stance
>>
>>50493139
In my game the undead were mostly serious, however only mindless undead are evil, if they were still sentient that could be any alignment. The players once worked with an aware Juju zombie to overthrow his master.

>>50493154
I'm a sucker for all the elemental flux stuff. I played a Gunsmoke Mystic which used Air and Electricity, it was great fun.
>>
>>50493180
>meme

Does this even mean anything any more?
>>
>>50493385
No.
>>
>>50493154
My favorite two disciplines are Elemental Flux, and Mithral Current. My favorite maneuvers from them are Strike of Elemental Devestation and Whirlpool Strike. I love wrecking multiple people with one strike. Makes me super happy.
>>
>>50493385

Other than the fact that you are trapped in a meme fueled hell not really.
>>
>>50493154

If we're not counting stances, I've always had a soft spot for Silver Knight's Blade.
>>
So I have a really dumb idea for a game, tell me how shit this is on a scale of 1 to 10

e6 game, allowing for people to drop in and drop out, everyone starts at 6, and i'd be using a whole bunch of horror adventures rules, including sanity/fear/corruptions, which would persist. Ideally characters from all alignments could apply

Run games maybe bi-weekly and make a lottery or something for everyone who wants to play. I dunno.

Idea is for every game played to be a oneshot mission, you're all working for a super secret wizard society or something that keeps the horrifying monstrosities that go bump in the night from fucking everything over.

Not sure about the details yet, i have a lot to hammer out, but its 1 am, and the idea hit me
>>
>>50493154
Ruby Zenith Strike and all of its incarnations. It's not as great as just full-attacking, but it's still gratifying to see that much damage in a single number.
>>
File: Kabuto.jpg (111KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kabuto.jpg
111KB, 320x350px
>>50493154
God of the Hourglass.

Hunting Zephyr and Phantom Sunstorm are close seconds for obvious reasons....
>>
File: attentionwhore.jpg (128KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
attentionwhore.jpg
128KB, 1366x768px
>>50493204
Granted she's 'sleeping' often enough, but... definitely wrong goddess.
>>
File: David Bowie Vamp.png (481KB, 272x778px) Image search: [Google]
David Bowie Vamp.png
481KB, 272x778px
Well this is my exact first foray into PoW... and Psionics. well Soulknives have never been too psionic.

This is what i came up with, still need to pick my Traits, and buy all my equipment.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1025913
>>
Who is depressed homebrewer? Are his classes good? Tell me /pfg/
>>
For my Literally Sips_ character what skill would I use to make high quality dirt? Craft Alchemy? Profession (Farmer)? Also how good are vigilante at unarmed?
>>
File: missiles.jpg (177KB, 560x417px) Image search: [Google]
missiles.jpg
177KB, 560x417px
>>50493609
Oh, and Silver Spiral Strike, given the proper weapon.
>>
>>50493662
Alchemy would be most useful, I'd guess. Get right in there with some dirt science. Also because Craft (Alchemy) is useful for other stuff too.

Vigilantes are pretty good at anything they want to specialize in. Unarmed is one of those things; just take the right talents for it.
>>
>>50493648
Like all trip fags, he's annoying.
>>
>>50493773
Oh he's not so bad. He just got meme'd to death. He's one of the few productive local tripfags.
>>
>>50493793
Which means its only a short amount of time before we turn on him and attempt to cannibalize yet another one of our own.
>>
>>50493819
We already tried with the NTR bullshit and attempted witch hunts. He survived that.
>>
>>50493154
>Fading strike and its line
>Reactive reversion boost
>Fool's errand enemy throwing line of maneuvers

Shoutout to Obsidian Sidestep that's saved me from bad will saves more times than I can count.
>>
Is /pfg/'s Hell's Vengeance game going to be ruined by autistic pedantry in the rules thread?
>>
How do extended defenses and other similar abilities work? For example:

>Lucifer goes 4th in initiative order, and attacks the Warder
>The Warder uses Invulnerable Shell of the Iron Tortoise, triggering extended defenses on it
>The Warder goes 6th in initiative order

Is the Warder invulnerable until he next takes his turn, until the start of Lucifer's next turn, or until the start of the next combat round regardless of turn order?
>>
>>50494335
Until the warder goes next in the initiative order, so 6th.
>>
>>50493662
Alchemy's what you want.

Also good for making all that [STUFFED ANIMALS]

And yeah, unarmed is an area Vigilantes can do good. Fist of the Avenger gets them a flat damage boost with fist or gauntlet attacks.

You can get Lethal Grace as well for another flat damage boost. The requirement for that is that you be using dexterity to hit and strength for damage, but it's half your level in extra, non-stat-dependant damage and gives you weapon finesse at the same time, so it's a good deal.
>>
File: n.jpg (64KB, 389x500px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
64KB, 389x500px
> While under the effects of a polymorph spell, you lose all extraordinary and supernatural abilities that depend on your original form

So wildshaped druid will lose most racial abilities, like half-orc's Sacred Tattoo or dwarf's Hardy? Would he keep an additional feat from human, at least? So, humans are the best race (again) for wildshape-fcoused druid?
>>
>>50494331
2hu is 2hu.
>>
>>50494459
He has a point though.
>>
>>50494500
He really doesn't. He's trying to twink out spheres to get an insanely broken blast type.

Force damage is basically the best damage type, and having a no SR force blast is broken

He should just refluff stone blast or something to be 'pure concussive energy' and keep the bludgeoning damage and nobody would bat an eye.

2hu is doing his best to rules lawyer in an optimization edge. Surely you can see that.
>>
still trying to figure out how to make the spiked chain work

anything you got to give /pfg/?
>>
>>50494533
He's got a point that the GM wants to ban it based on FLUFF reasons.
>>
>>50494563
i rather think the GM just simply misspoke, and failed to properly convey his intentions.

We're all human.
>>
>>50494555
Whip.
Whip Mastery.
Improved Whip Mastery.
Done.
>>
>>50494567
>wall of text explaining fluff reasons why it shouldn't happen
vs
>nah, that's too broken

You know 2hu never contested the flat bans on mechanical grounds, right?
>>
>>50494555
well, spiked chain is rather garbage now. Shit damage, shit crit range, ect.

Perhaps you could convince a GM to let you use bladed scarf feats. archetypes with it?
>>
>>50494580
I'm aware, GMs are often trying to be nice.

Honestly this is what really bothers me about 2hu, he should absolutely know what he's trying to do is broken, and he's attempting to pull one over on the GM for his optimization fantasy. Its pretty fucked.
>>
>>50493139
Undead are never a serious threat in my stories because they're so overdone by everyone that they're pointless memes.

Good necromancers who try and use undead for good things are the worst trope ever, right up there with sparklepires and fuckwolfs, because there are no werewolves anymore, just werewolves that fuck, hence, fuckwolves.

Urban Fantasy and Teen Urban Fantasy. What a godawful mess.
>>
>>50494604
i really hate the good necromancer meme too. Its the worst.
>>
>>50494590
>oh no, force damage blasting!
Says /pfg/ while the PoW guy kills monsters a few CR above him in one turn.
>>
>>50494614
Dude its Spheres, while that PoW is killing a monster, a normal spheres blaster can destroy an entire encounter.
>>
>>50493139
Intelligent undead are sometimes neat. Nothing like a Ghoul / Wight initiator to fuck people up.
>>
>>50494620
Horseshit, PoW is always better at killing 1 or 2 big monsters at a time, all day.

All day isn't a meme, you'll have to fight a string of encounters sooner or later.
>>
>>50494629
i didn't claim all day wasn't a meme

I just said that Spheres is destroying entire encounters while PoW murders one big guy.
>>
>>50494457
There is literally no reason to play a druid other than human if you're gonna main wildshapes exactly for that reason.

Also, as a note, Wildshapes are amazing starting at level 5 until level 9, then allow you to keep up until level 11, and by then mostly become utlity. Caster Druids are pretty much the opposite, shit until they get their 5th level spells, then they can keep up with their full caster counterparts.
>>
>>50494636
Spheres doesn't have lolcounters.
>>
>>50494614
I can do that with an unchained monk, either vigilante, or a barbarian. Killing things isn't hard anymore, even for base class martials.
>>
>>50494636
>I just said that Spheres is destroying entire encounters

Have you tried NOT bunching the enemies all together?
>>
>>50494662
Not without pounce you aren't.
>>
>>50494656
Spheres has its own brand of fuckery,

But then again you're the MUH COUNTERS idiot so.

>>50494669
I'm not saying its broken.

I'm just saying that claiming that PoW is broken but spheres is totally fine guis is dumb.

>>50494673
>pounce is hard to get

not anymore
>>
Is there any module/society book that deals with Drow, that came out recently?

My players will be dealing with a good chunk of drows quite soon, and i'm looking for some fresh content for inspiration. Second Darkness is a bit outdated, and Darklands revisited isn't nearly enough.
>>
File: 1465861730510.jpg (600KB, 920x822px) Image search: [Google]
1465861730510.jpg
600KB, 920x822px
Why does /pfg/ still like PoW and Spheres if it's even easier to smash encounters with them than Paizo characters?
>>
>>50494696
simple

because they're crunchy and fun.
>>
>>50494696
because it lets people do fun weeb shit that the normal system prohibits

and give martials to do some cool shit without devoting their entire class to it.
>>
>>50494696
Because they're generally more interesting than alternatives. Because they fit a wide variety of concepts. Because they don't come with wild amounts of attached bullshit that is present in lots of paizoshit.
>>
>>50494696
/pfg/ is full of minmax or go home turboautists who like big numbers and can't understand why some people might not be into that. God forbid you express any sort of dislike for DSP anything, prepare for a dicking from the circlejerk.
>>
>>50494724
>literally the first three responses have nothing to do with optimization and big numbers

You've been blown the fuck out anon.
>>
>>50494731
It doesn't make my statement any less true.
>>
>>50494590
>he should absolutely know what he's trying to do is broken

Except he also points out you can do Stone Blast+Unholy Smite even without custom blasts?

Isn't that even more broken?
>>
Post yfw 'we split'
>>
>>50494736
requires 3 blast talents and three times the spell points and its notable that unholy smite is an advanced blast talent and therefore 100% subject to DM discression

No, its not broken.

Its 1 blast that does amazing shit for one spell point and one talent, vs 3 talents and 3 points.
>>
>>50494735
>people state that they like fun things

>THEY'RE ACTUALLY TURBOAUTISTS WHO LIKE HUGE NUMBERS

>But they all said its about fun

>THEY'RE LYING I AM THE ONE ARBITER OF TRUTH
>>
>>50494751
>3 blast talents
Just Stone Blast and Unholy Smite.
>advanced talent
GM allowed those.

Face it, you'll be blowing the spell point for 150% damage anyway.
>>
>>50494760
Also requires admixture anon.
>>
>>50494755
>>THEY'RE LYING I AM THE ONE ARBITER OF TRUTH

Nowhere did I state they were lying, you illiterate fucking monkey. Nice use of the 'I'M SILLY' argument, by the way, real top stuff.
>>
>>50494769
Well either they're lying or you're wrong.

Which is it anon. Why does /pfg/ like spheres and pow
>>
>>50494762
Unholy Smite

Prerequisites: Destruction sphere, must be of an evil alignment, 1st caster level or higher.

You may spend a spell point to have your destructive blast deal profane damage.

Like hell it does.
>>
>>50494772
I'm not wrong. They're simply the exception.
>>
>>50494790
oh

well thats dumb and probably overpowered, if it was my game i'd disallow it. Profane and Sacred damage shouldn't even be a thing.
>>
File: Old Guy Sketch by ScottPurdy.jpg (51KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
Old Guy Sketch by ScottPurdy.jpg
51KB, 612x792px
>>50494652
Will this progression still be true if I'd go for Goliath Druid archetype?
>>
>>50494533
One player seemed to be arguing with him, not the GM?
>>
>>50494877
Still autistic as fuck.
>>
>>50494817
If Unholy Smite's allowed, force damage no-SR should also be allowed.
>>
>>50494656
Spheres has motherfucking weather.

Where you'll find the word "mile" next to the word "Radius", following an integer.
>>
>>50494879
Which one, the player?
My bad, two of them.
They're the autistic ones?
>>
>>50494831
I would say yes, if only because Wildshape only becomes weak due to the lack of progression.

You're also trading out the versatility of elementals for the sake of becoming a giant, which, honestly, doesn't open up a lot of options for you besides "I'm gonna fuck shit up"

If you look at the Druid spell list, they basically have few spells that grant them the ability to swim, burron, climb, and in particular fly, all problems easily fixed with the regular wildshape. In particular, turning into a Huge Air Elemental gives you Perfect flight with 100 base speed, nothing to scoff at. You're killing the versatility of wildshape for a melee bonus on a class with slightly inferior spellcasting. Considering you can also turn into Huge animals without that archetype , it becomes even more lackluster when you can't transform into certain animals with better attack patterns for the ability of throwing a really big, nonmagical rock. Consider the fact also that you CAN'T use Enlarge person while wildshaped, and yeah, there's not much of a point. I guess the one advantage this archetype has is that it allows you to keep wielding weapons while wildshape as a Giant.
>>
Honestly profane/sacred damage shouldn't exist
>>
>>50494897
I only agree with you on the grounds that superfluous damage types don't need to exist. But since Pathfinder already uses a large amount of different types of damage, adding two more doesn't really hurt anyone.
>>
>>50494897
Rather, the problem with them is that positive/negative should already be what theyare, and neither case should have a damage bonus like it does built-in.
>>
>>50494934
I mean they would be way less insane if they didn't also do 1.5 against a huge host of monsters that are routinely encountered in play
>>
>>50494945
Exactly yes I agree with you there, the built in damage bonus is a huge mistake
>>
>>50494896
> I guess the one advantage this archetype has is that it allows you to keep wielding weapons while wildshape as a Giant.
Also, armor, Regeneration and no "Natural Spell" feat tax.
>>
>>50494982
All good points, but you'll probably only trade the Natural Spell feat for one that makes you better at combat, and as for armor, I always take the +3 enchant thingy anyway.

It's up to personal choice, I guess. Regular druid gets more versatility out of their forms and 8+ attacks depending on it, while you get to keep your magic items as a giant.
>>
>>50494947
When do you ever fight Good monsters?
>>
File: IMG_0618.jpg (198KB, 900x1253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0618.jpg
198KB, 900x1253px
What's a good level three feat for a cleric? I took Improved Initiative at level one to Bless sooner, and my ability scores are 16,14,14,10,14,10. Domains are Heroism and Revelation, with Positive Channeling.
>>
>>50495071
Eh... Selective Channeling?
>>
>>50495071
If you do not pick selective channeling you are a moron.
>>
>>50495022
Evil campaign
>>
>>50495093
Still going to fight evil dudes more often.
>>
>>50495022
How often do you fight Evil things?
>>
>>50495103
Probably not
>>
File: IMG_0587.jpg (466KB, 700x966px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0587.jpg
466KB, 700x966px
>>50495091
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/selective-channeling---final

Nice advice, bruv
>>
>>50495071
>Selective Channeling
Good as a 1st feat. Take it now if you don't have it yet.

After that - you know, with that Str and Dex you can take long spear and Combat Reflexes at level 6. So your first round wouldn't be just wasted on buffing.

Also, Bless is a 5% chance to convert "miss" into "hit" for PC that made an attack that round. It's not big of a deal anyway.
>>
>No CHA
>Selective Channel

That's not Justice
>>
>>50495167
But Bless boosts all the attacking PCs, which is all of them, since even the witch throws bolts and cackles after her initial debuffs. Buffing everyone is nice.
>>
Is there some spell or similar that increases gravity?

I am building an armor suit and would like for it to have an "increase gravity" aura
>>
>>50495176
Oh, right, I missed his stats.

>>50495071
Combat Reflexes + long spear
Start - cast Bless (or better buff later) - move into position - start AOO fishing
>>
File: IMG_0504.jpg (197KB, 927x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0504.jpg
197KB, 927x1200px
>>50495244
Is it really worthwhile? I read about this Reach business once before.
>>
>>50495460
AOO is, basically, an extra attack(s) you get during your turn. This is good, right?
>>
>>50495460
For a melee character reach and combat reflexes is great because you basically hit everyone around you. If you optimise it you can basically make lots of extra damage or stop other people doing anything.
>>
>>50495460
>>50495493
>>50495494
Reach clerics are good in core only.

Right now, they're just WAAAAAY too damn MAD and shitty.
>>
>>50495519
MAD isn't a concern - his stats are "16,14,14,10,14,10" - he already have necessary str and dex

But anyway, what is good alternative now? For the cost of a single feat
>>
>>50495566
Martial Training I.
>>
File: did-you-know.png (219KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
did-you-know.png
219KB, 1650x1275px
>>50495576
Majority of games outside of /tg/ do not use 3pp.
>>
>>50493139
hey /pfg/.

Do you know of any official or unofficial archetypss/class templates/whatever that let me use dsp's psionic magic system on existing casting classes?

So, clerics/sorcerers/oracles/druids/summonera/wizards/etc with pp and possibly much altered spell lists?

I like the dsp psionic magic system and like the idea of an all dsp campaign, but I want to allow Characters with the non-dsp iconic class features as well, if possible.

Is there anything like that that I could use?
>>
On Psicrystals:

What BAB do they use? It's unlisted, so I assume construct (3/4)

Why no default attack on the entry (3.5 or PF) even tho self-propulsion is a thing

Is it an oversight that they don't get Weapon Finesse?

On a related note, there's a short (13 page?) Psicrystal book from Dreamscarred that just came out

On familiars, pre-level 5:
Do you guys assume they know and can understand Common? Wondering how most tables play it
>>
>>50494679
>not anymore
explain
>>
>>50494679
pow does too much damage before level 6, if that's what he means by broken.

i always start campaigns at 6+ so that doesn't matter to me, but spheres is very good in a rusty dagger shanktown campaign.
>>
File: 1480595997398m.jpg (73KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480595997398m.jpg
73KB, 1024x576px
>GM asks me to join his game
>Asks me to break his game
>I show up with something simple, an Orc barbarian with 22 Strength and an Orc double axe because I don't think he's going to have any complex problems to solve
>He tells me I can't play him because the game is CRB only
>MFW
I later asked someone what happened in the game, he said they killed a bear, didnt get paid for it,got kidnapped and are now stuck in a rape dungeon fighting everyone to the death because morale doesn't exist.
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/entangling-debris
Does entangling debris restricts movement on failed save, reduce speed in half 2 time or just reduces speed once and gives entagled condition?
>>
>>50495847
You dodged one hell of a bullet
>>
>>50493484
So PFS Organized Play + Horror?
>>
>>50495949
Fail the save and you are stuck
Pass the save and you move half speed
>>
>>50494533
>Force damage is basically the best damage type, and having a no SR force blast is broken
How is "my primary mode of fighting doesn't completely get shut down because 99.9% of end game things in the bestiary resist the fuck out of EVERY OTHER ELEMENT" broken? Especially when you're still doing less damage than a full attacking+boost spamming Path of War martials.

Personally, I'd say "not a char gen" and let the player reasearch it/practice it in game. Maybe have them find some plot item that gives them the ability that would let them use a "True X" blast or something.
>>
>>50496123
Or you can just use Holy/Unholy Smite on a bludgeoning blast.
>>
>>50496130
>not being a true neutral
>>
File: angryfennec.png (3MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
angryfennec.png
3MB, 2000x3000px
WARNING to Hell's Vengeance players!
WARNING to Hell's Vengeance players!

The GM of Hell's Vengeance is the same GM who abandoned Wrath of the Righteous without a word!

Exhibit A: Wrath of the Righteous Roll20, abandoned without warning
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59608/the-wrath-of-the-righteous

Exhibit B: GM of Wrath of the Righteous saying he made the Hellknight Trabant
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49799835/#49801635

Exhibit C: GM of new Hell's Vengeance allowing Hellknight Trabant PrC
https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4300556/

Exhibit D: Hellknight Trabant PrC creator having a Ruby Rose themed avatar and username, also having abandoned an old Hell's Vengeance game
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=351657

Exhibit E: New Hell's Vengeance GM on Roll20 having an RWBY avatar and a fresh account, maybe to flee an old identity on Roll20
https://app.roll20.net/users/1878647/argentum

You have been warned. History will repeat itself and the GM WILL abandon Hell's Vengeance!
>>
>>50496198
How about fuck off?
>>
>>50496198
Or maybe, here's just a thought? He's just new on Roll20 and wanted to try it out? RWBY is pretty popularish among weeb types anyway. That's like saying someone with a fucking DBZ avatar is the same person.
>>
>>50496230
Same RWBY character though, same Hellknight PRC, same Hell's Vengeance, fresh Roll20 account?

Too much of a coincidence.
>>
>>50496258
Again, that's like saying too niggas with a Goku avatar are the same person. I don't know how "popular" this character is, but that still doesn't prove shit.
>>
>>50496289
>same Hellknight PRC, same Hell's Vengeance, fresh Roll20 account?
>>
>>50496289
Two niggas with a Goku avatar telling you to listen to the same underground rapper, I might say "Shiet nigga, you my nigga Leeroy? Mufugga owes me that one time I help him move his momma's couch."
>>
>New guy joins the game
>He plays an Oread barbarian
>Armored hulk or whatever archetype so he can wear full plate
>Uses some custom weapon that's just a fucking halberd but one handed
>Gets a tower shield
>Constantly nat 20sabout everything he does, doesn't roll where everyone can clearly see the dice
>Has at least a +2 in every ability
>His halberd turns people into solid gold when he cuts them by the way
>Constantly yelling and getting mad when people disagree
>Way too fucking loud all the time
>Makes a lot of misogynistic jokes which gets awkward and uncomfortable
>Seriously just cheats all the time, rearranging his skill points, adding random bonuses, saying bullshit like his character is Large or he gets a bonus to hit certain enemies, etc.
I didn't believe these guys were real until today
>>
>>50496298
>>50496258
Even if it is the same person that doesn't guarantee they'll abandon the game. Have you NEVER had plans for a game fall through? How about you give them the benefit of the doubt rather than try to start a witchhunt on /pfg/.
>>
>>50496331
>Have you NEVER had plans for a game fall through?
I mean, abandoning a game without saying fucking ANYTHING is pretty bad. But this cyberstalking is pretty fucking creepy.
>>
File: trigger.png (913KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
trigger.png
913KB, 1366x768px
>>50496258
It's enough to be suspicious.
It certainly would not be the first time we get fakegame...
>>
>>50496352
When was the first time we got fakegamed?
>>
File: Click to Cry.jpg (29KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
Click to Cry.jpg
29KB, 300x310px
>>50496370
RotJR
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85KB, 749x720px) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85KB, 749x720px
>>50496198

Anon please, everyone knows the easiest way to flee an old identity on Roll20 is change your avatar profile and user name.
>>
>>50496404
Hours are still the same, forum posts are still the same, and they still reflect the changes.
>>
File: 1464270384861.gif (89KB, 270x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464270384861.gif
89KB, 270x250px
>>50496404
No, because you'll still have the same user number, number of games and hours logged, achievements, etc. etc.
>>
File: 1463840599235.png (153KB, 325x514px) Image search: [Google]
1463840599235.png
153KB, 325x514px
>>50496378
Th-This is a joke, right?
>>
>>50496378

DELETE THIS
>>
>>50496434
Too big to fail, etc etc
>>
File: 1434468417515.gif (3MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1434468417515.gif
3MB, 350x197px
>>50496478
But what happens when it DOES fail?
>>
File: backsliding autistic people.png (168KB, 482x761px) Image search: [Google]
backsliding autistic people.png
168KB, 482x761px
>>50496434
Honestly, if I was the GM, I'd be pretty intimidated by all the people I'd have to GM for and would be worried about making some people unhappy, so might just drop it entirely because of stage fright.

But that's just me!
>>
File: Ghg1x7C.gif (1MB, 400x171px) Image search: [Google]
Ghg1x7C.gif
1MB, 400x171px
>>50496502

>But what happens when it DOES fail?
>>
>>50496512
He only needs to take on as many people as he feels comfortable with. Besides with 80 people some will drip, at this point I feel a lot of this is just guys who want to observe.
>>
File: 1459312013453.gif (139KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1459312013453.gif
139KB, 500x281px
>>50496577
>Besides with 80 people some will drip

>Some will drip

Oh frickin' heck you *animal.*
>>
>>50496502
Well at least we had fun along the way.

>>50496596
There was only one animal, and it was a boy animal!
>>
>>50496608
>Well at least we had fun along the way.
imfuckinplying
>>
>>50496608
And the bloated corpses of dozens of threads fallen to RotJRposting.
>>
>>50496512
>so might just drop it entirely because of stage fright
Nah, it's running, If I have to do one game of 5 and drop everyone else, then they're going to have to deal with greentexts.
>>
>>50496650
Take 2hu as a player and watch 80% of the applicants drop.
>>
File: Yori Shot.png (841KB, 517x798px) Image search: [Google]
Yori Shot.png
841KB, 517x798px
Hell's Vengeance? Oh good, I can post my character again!

Yori Rilsane, Sphere Cleric (Asmodean Advocate) || Unchained Rogue (Hidden Blade, Rake, Scout)

>asura-spawn tiefling born to the Sarinis
>grows up, trained to be a jester
>hates it, doesn't want to be in the circus
>she watches The Six Trials of Larazod
>it inspires her, she wants a better life
>a life in service to Asmodeus
>she wants to be a lawyer
>a viper whispers to her at night
>convinces her to run away from home to study law
>shows her how to turn invisible so she can sneak away
>she sneaks off to an Asmodean monastery
>legally changes her last name to Rilsane
>trains there for decades
>she's not too bright, but she's canny
>she picks it up eventually
>Asmodean priests teach her how to out lawyer everyone
>her viper teaches her how to fight
>she completes her education and they send her off
>the Adventures of Yori, Traveling Murder Lawyer
>>
>>50496664
I could, but no.
>>
>>50496677
>implying you're the GM
>>
>>50496669
Are you ready to get fakegamed?
>>
File: smug_ako.jpg (10KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
smug_ako.jpg
10KB, 252x200px
>>50496689
Maybe, maybe not.
>>
>>50496705
Absolutely! My skype game is falling apart fast, and I still haven't worked up the courage to send out the emails for an IRL game, so what's one more disappointment?
>>
https://app.roll20.net/join/1816336/n5VZkg

Ya'll niggas wanna get real gamed? I'd still like at least another person for Mummy's Mask. Shit ain't gestalt or an excuse to jack off during character creation, but it's a real game starting up in 2 weeks
>>
Real quick rules question.

If I cast a spell that makes me immune to bleed damage, then cast a spell that inflicts bleed to myself as a cost,is the spell basically free, or does it not go off?
>>
>>50496630
>>50496634
>implying you didn't make your own bed when you screamed any acual discussion out of the thread
>Implying "muh overPOWered" and "SPHERES IS BROKEN IF YOU TWINK IT LIKE AN ASSHOLE" is a better topic
>Implying shit like the kitsune shota foxboy buttslut crossdressing trap posting that we had before was better

The shitposting is obnoxious, but don't pretend that it was somehow worse than how the thread always is.
>>
>>50496751
No..? You cast the bleed spell with whatever costly components are needed, and it fails because your immune.

Why the hell are you asking this?
>>
>>50496724
Are you or aren't you?
>>
File: foxes2.png (657KB, 1000x724px) Image search: [Google]
foxes2.png
657KB, 1000x724px
>>50496755
Has anyone ever ACTUALLY made a kitsune shota foxboy crossdressing trap?

For serious, in a real game.
>>
>>50496776
I am
>>
>>50496608

Thread after thread after thread after thread of NOTHING but that fucking game. And when people told you to take it elsewhere you all just went "HUSH YOU JUST HATE FUN"
>>
>>50496780
I think someone mentioned they were trying, but they couldn't figure out a way to play the character straight and have it be a joke because of how changing gender is so inexpensive or something
>>
>>50496608
>Fun
Fuck you it was awful
>>
>>50496789
Who do you like the best so far?
>>
File: doomofblood.jpg (33KB, 288x305px) Image search: [Google]
doomofblood.jpg
33KB, 288x305px
>>50496773
I dont think you understand what im saying. The bleed effect to myself is only PART of another spell. give me a sec, ill give you the examples I mean.

stanch - 1st level wiz/sorc spell.
You are immune to bleed effects. If you are currently bleeding, stop bleed effect.

and pic attached.
>>
>>50496822
Honestly not sure, it doesn't say you need to bleed or if the spell fails if your immune to bleed or not, GG to whoever wrote that one.

I'd say it's up to your gm in the end but honestly I'd say if your immune to bleed it'd still work, at least till your immunity ends.
>>
>>50496780
See >>50496797
I tried really fucking hard, but I am not hardcore enough of a degenerate to wrap my head around why the fuck a literal shapeshifter, with access to solutions which could easily change their "true sex" (or whatever the term is now) after a short bit of adventuring, would EVER do that shit. There was almost no in-universe reason to play it straight, and no non-fetishy way whatsoever to play it straight. The best I could figure was a "fox tries to integrate into society disguised as a child, but they were raised 'wrong'. Nobody ever bothered to correct it." background, but it just didn't work well enough to jump off from.
>>
>>50496818
Been trying to avoid most of it in order to keep an open mind once applications officially open (and to avoid influencing people's character creation choices). A lot of the character interactions that people have been throwing around are really cute though, and it's been making my job harder.

I know I'm avoiding the question but it's legitimately hard to choose
>>
>>50496893
>Something to degenerate even for /pfg/
My god it finally happened
>>
>>50496893
It's not about being one sex or another. Its about being a trickster. Its about tricking men into thinking your a girl only to spring that trap on them.

This is why you're a cross dressing kitsune.

The shota part can fuck right the hell off though.
>>
>>50496901
Could you at least give people an idea of your tastes? What you're looking for would/want in a party?
>>
>>50496734
When, exactly, is it? It doesn't say what time it starts
>>
>>50496893
There are a few ways to go about playing a trap, an actual trap, you can play a chaotic creature that loves to lie and hates people, you can play a conman who's handy with any kind of disguise, or you can play a degenerate weab who hopes senpai doesn't hate him when he reveals to be a faggot pretending to be a girl.
>>
>>50496995
That's up in the air ATM depending on how many eurofags I get, as it stands it's likely to be on the weekend as I only get like a month off in between jobs.
>>
>>50496976
Ideally I'd want a balance of different types of characters, both in mechanics and characterization. Someone before posted different "teams" like Team CUTE, Team JUSTICE, LEWD, SERIOUS, and ADVENTURE. I'd want one from each. Then also match skill-sets for a well-rounded party (but gestalt, so that should be easy) and from there figure out which characters seem to mesh the best together.

Or just run Rise of the Kaijitsu.
>>
>>50497025
Also, im guessing voice isn't required or anything like that, right?
>>
>>50497072
People are autistic AF in /pfg/ so few people like to use voice
>>
>>50496962
>>50497007
See, the challenge was playing the kitsune meme straight. "Just be a trickster" is, in and of itself, an entirely different matter, because that lends itself to reasonable concepts. It also falls under "you are a shapeshifter, dumbass".
>>
>>50497092
When is the game set to end? I'd there going to be more after we've raided the buried city, or is it just a one off?
>>
>>50497142
Mummy's Mask is an adventure path.
>>
>>50497051
The real question is, who is your favorite OTP?

>Rise of the Kaijitsu

Fire Emblem Incest arc when?
>>
>>50497092
Fuck that.
I can deal with typing out what my pc says, but if I have to wait for the GM to type out everything he has to say ooc to me or other players, I'm out.
>>
File: out of 100 points.png (241KB, 618x575px) Image search: [Google]
out of 100 points.png
241KB, 618x575px
>>50496780
Well, I know YOU have, definitely.
>>
>>50497203
Again, hard to pick.

That depends on if people are into that
Also if including Corwin or another similar character is a good idea for more Kaijitsu hijinks
>>
>>50496370
couple of times last year but that's just the ones I personally fell victim to.
>>
Let's count the witch hunts, shall we?

2hufag, for being the autism;
DHB, for being the NTR;
and now the HVGM for tenuous links to a previous failed game.

Who's next, pfg? How many must burn?
>>
>>50497473
Next we hunt all fox-posters, then we hunt overPoWered people and finally we will purge all 3pp in general. A new regime shall rise in /pfg/ where no weeaboo fagness shall be tolerated. They will be deported to /a/ and /d/. Burn the 3pp hardcovers, turn fox-posters into soap and any waifufags shall be send off to paizo.com for a "temporary work replacement program".

Heil (path)Finder.
>>
>>50497508
First they came for the homebrewers, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a homebrewer.

Then they came for the kitsune posters, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a kitsune poster.

Then they came for the GMs, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a GM.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
>>
>>50497473
>How many must burn?

Yes.
>>
>>50497411
Well if you can't tell us your favorites, can you tell us your opinion of the racial and gender spread? Got an awful lot of humans and ladies in the charthread.

>that spoiler
dam son, u cray
>>
What's the current list of known ROTJR characters and their breakdown by race/gender, anyway? I know someone was collecting statistics and I'm always interested in seeing that sort of stuff.
>>
File: ragnaros.gif (2MB, 500x621px) Image search: [Google]
ragnaros.gif
2MB, 500x621px
>>50497473
THIS WORLD AND ALL YOU HOLD DEAR EXIST ONLY TO BURN
>>
>>50497587
Honestly, could use a few more dudes as far as gender goes. I think the split is still 2:1 female:male, which means a deficit of poles to dance on if you catch my meaning
I don't think anyone has taken any of the pole dancer feats, which is a failing in double entendres
>>
>>50497590
Yeah, did the breakdown a while ago. Let me see if I can find it.

9 Male, 21 Female.
9 Human (5 Male, 4 Female), 4 Aasimar (All Female), 2 Skinwalker (Both Female), 2 Tiefling (Both Female), 2 Half-elf (Both Female), 1 Dhampir (Female), 1 Kitsune (Male), 1 Android (Female), 1 Half-giant (Male), 1 Oread (Female), 1 Ethumion (Female), 1 Changeling (Female), 1 Obitu (Male), 1 Spider (actually a human) (Female), 1 Ratfolk (Female), 1 Halfling (Male).
>>
File: Cloud Waifu.png (1MB, 1331x1967px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Waifu.png
1MB, 1331x1967px
>>50497649
>Still no Sylphs
>>
>Injection Spear
This exotic two-handed weapon allows the user to inject targets with liquid on a successful hit. The spear’s reservoir can hold up to 5 doses of a single fluid—a single dose is automatically injected when the spear deals damage. A non-proficient user can wield an injection spear as a standard spear but cannot trigger the injection. An injection spear is otherwise identical to a normal spear, save that it weighs 8 pounds, cannot be thrown or used to brace, and costs 60 gp.

Is it good or is it shit, /pfg/?
>>
Question:
What's aging like for a half-troll, half-elf?
I could just use a normal half-elf's age chart, but I feel like trolls live pretty long too, no?
>>
So my Umonk moves at mach 3 without counting magic items or spells cast, what do I get from this?
>>
>>50496198
nice try to get into the campaign yourself while others quit.

7/10
>>
>>50497733
A bunch of damage as things hit you with AoOs.
Enjoy.
>>
>>50497634

Anon please! That just means the female players might have to share.
>>
>>50497703
I've already got one character, Song Lilin, but I'm working on a weak professor type, maybe an Investigator || Sage Sphere Sorcerer. I might make him a Sylph.

>>50497716
Trolls have the giant subtype, and half-giants, while not as long living as elves, still age slowly. I'd say use something in between, maybe the Ifrit's.
>>
>>50497709
Make it fragile and you're set.
>>
>>50497709
It could be okay if you could get the exotic proficiency for free from somewhere and actually have good liquids to use (I suggest magma, nitrogen, or that bubbly brownish liquid that eats clean through your Gravity+Varia suit combination in lower Norfair and Tourian)

Like, it could be of use to an alchemist or someone that can make good use of poisons, but it's gonna be forgettable shit if the best you can do is dump a vial of holy water in the thing.

Rather, I've armed most of the party's mook followers with swords to that effect (with a small selection of vials); it doesn't do much and they'll never keep up with the party, but if they need to defend themselves it at least ensures they A) CAN cause a bit more damage so against equal mook forces they'll have a dangerous upper-hand, and B) you can't simply say "well since it was immune to their weapons they're all dead" when they go do something and run into opposition. They've been given one dose each of each of the regen negators (fire,acid,holy,alkaline,silversheen, the blade's cold-iron) short of adamantium.

But the partymember with a +6 adamant weapon has no need for those things and would be wasting his actions even if installing it's a swift.
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82KB, 336x347px) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82KB, 336x347px
>>50497411

RotJR confirmed to be Corwin+Kaijitsu Sisters.
>>
>>50497783
>maybe the Ifrit's.
This looks pretty good to me, thanks anon.
>>
>>50497709
www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/spear-syringe

A very similar concept already exists, and it's a martial weapon
>>
>>50497411
Casimir a best.
>>
>>50496893
Crossdresser =/= transgender

I like dressing up as a girl and confusing people, but I don't wanna be a girl.

t. IRL crossdresser
>>
File: PZO90112E-14.jpg (4MB, 2513x3263px) Image search: [Google]
PZO90112E-14.jpg
4MB, 2513x3263px
>>50497798
>>50497805
>>50497812
You misunderstand
>>
>>50497411
>Also if including Corwin or another similar character
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>50497755
I mean you're not wrong, but variety is the spice of life.
>>
>>50496804
>>50496792
>>50496634
>>50496630
Ah, the surest signs of people who realized that the threads actively became worse once RotJR discussion moved somewhere else. Funny, isn't it?
>>
>>50497876
Corwin specifically mentioned fucking Ameiko previously in his backstory.
>>
>>50497891

Really? Because I did a quick looksee at his backstory again and he doesn't have any explicit mention of exploring Ameiko's Path of Aganhei.

>>50497877

Variety is the spice of life but too much spice will ruin the dish.
>>
>>50497861
Why does that exist? The only differences between that and the syringe spear are reach, proficiency requirements, and range increments.
>>
What would Gestalt well with a Gambler Kineticist? I've got no idea how the Kineticist works, so I was wondering if people have any ideas while I puzzle my way through it.
>>
>>50497915
Doesn't a syringe spear only hold one dose?
>>
>>50497634
Well, I was debating tossing in a potential alt, but it feels wrong to count side characters. Especially when that side character is set to have two versions to account for potential houserules, and is also two characters at once in both versions.
>>
>>50497910
TOO MANY KAIJITSUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8&ab_channel=AdultSwim
>>
>>50497411
As one of the Kaijitsu Sisters, I think that having only two instead of all... what is it now, five? Of the PC Kaijitsus would do best. EVERYONE being a sister would be very confusing very quickly, also probably boring!

I'd like to throw in my vote and say that Corwin, Casimir, and Gil would all be wonderful party members to have!
>>
>tfw the halfling is too bland

oh
>>
>>50497944
There are three Kaijitsu applicants, since Akane's player switched.

Onryou, Shizuka, Kanela.
>>
>>50497930
Syringe Spears hold one dose, take 1 minute to refill, and cost 100gp, but they're 2H martial weapons with Brace that can be thrown.
>>
Gonna start selecting people for Hell's Vengeance soon, already got a few people in mind. I'd like to get an early start, so if any applicants from here can have their characters in by this Sunday, that would be amazing. I'll need about a week to prep things, so hopefully we can get an,early start a week from this Tuesday.

Gregor poster, this is somewhat directed at you. I kinda want to accept you to the game, but I don't have a backstory to evaluate yet.
>>
>>50497944
>tfw my guy isn't mentioned.
>>
>>50497944
Shizuka?
>>
>>50497733
That's some kinetic energy, sadly this system handless it like shit. Nice double dubs btw.
>>
File: [CAN'T WAKE UP].png (156KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
[CAN'T WAKE UP].png
156KB, 270x270px
>>50497962

>Awkward bookish librarian
>Spunky love-sick Dojo smasher
>Slutty voluptuous older sister
>>
>>50497944
>You will never get caught with the silly nerd Kaijitsu dozing on your shoulder after the two of you pulled an all-nighter

Why even live
>>
>>50493484
Disregard Pathfinder, play Delta Green.
>>
>>50498087
>tfw can't even afford a 45 retirement plan

why even live
>>
Who would be the best Team Mom put of all the RotJR applicants? Team Dad? Team Little Sister?
>>
>>50498098
>No team little brothers
>>
>>50498111
Team Big Brother is better
>>
>>50498111
There are like 9 dudes and all of them are at least 20 except khair and the halfing.
>>
>>50498126
The hafling is actually 30.
>>
>>50498098
>Team Dad goes to Casimir, hands down
>Little sister goes either to Shizuka or Amandia, with Arahna squeezing in as well
>Team mom goes to Gil using his shapeshifting, because fuck thiccposters
>>
>>50498134
Oh shit really?
>>
>>50498154
Yeah, really. Halflings become adult a bit older than humans do, but 30 is still like mid 20s for them.
>>
>>50498134

>Cue scene where Halfling angrily explains how old he is to the party member that got a touch too Ara Ara with her Otouto.
>>
>>50498126

Khair's updated backstory has him at 24, actually, mostly because the trip to Numeria I added to explain where he got some of his skills.
>>
>>50496734
are the 4 winds gaming 3rd party feats greenlit?
>>
>>50498111
Khair, Omza, Gil, Ricktor, Grayson, Bartran, Corwin, Casimir, Roku. Khair is sorta suited for being little brother, but none of the others.
>>
>>50498164
Fuck what is with male applicants and being 24?
Because now I think that puts all of the human males, except Casimir at 24.
>>
>>50497971
>early start for vengance
>literally boarding the aircraft for a month long holiday right now

shiiiiiiiit
>>
>>50498177

Leaving home at 16, call it a year's trip by boat and caravan taking a longer, but safer, route to Numeria; 17. Four years there looking for his parents, 21. Three years fighting back through the badlands and the Hold, that's 24.
>>
>>50498150

Team Mom is probably Svana, but holy shit would I want to see Amalthea for the adorable greentexts between her and Casimir.
>>
>>50498194
>If you get in, you can always join the game a bit late. The sessions are maybe gonna be 4 hours long, and you'll only miss 2, at most 4 If I can wrangle more free time to GM.
>>
File: KokkuriKokkuriKillYourself.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KokkuriKokkuriKillYourself.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>50498150
>spoiler

>>50498210
Honestly, I don't know why people bother asking about who would be "team mom" when there are like, three characters whose main gimmick is being the team mom.
>>
>>50498177
Caelum is 56.

Not sure if he counts, though, his backstory is unfinished.
>>
>>50498260
>three characters whose main gimmick is being the team mom.

I guess it's just a way to figure out which mom is mommier than the other moms.
>>
I've only read one or two of them, but do any of the adventure paths actually make you a pathfinder or even mention them?
>>
>>50498172
Team Big Brother then?
>>
>>50498301
That's easier. Grayson for skeltal brother, Roku for BIG big brother.
>>
>>50498298
>but do any of the adventure paths actually make you a pathfinder or even mention them?

I'm 80% sure Shattered Star features a major NPC as a Pathfinder happily married to another Pathfinder.
>>
>>50498298
Being a Pathfinder is part of your character's backstory.

The exception is, every PFS players' characters are members of the Pathfinder Society.
>>
>>50498111
Once I finish making my guy, there will be. He's 19, has confidence issues, built like an oxe, and loves helping people and being useful. He's also an amateur fortune teller.
>>
>>50498298
Shattered Star lets you be part of the Pathfinder Society, I think? I mean, you at least work with them. If your GM doesn't retcon the pathfinders to not be a shitty organization, he's doing something wrong though.

>>50498309
She's heterosexual, and her husband doesn't die, too! Unless there's some hidden shit I don't know about.
>>
>>50498257
Thanks for the consideration! If I make the cut, I'll do my best to join in on things!
>>
Can I get a link to RotJR? Archives are a pain to go through.
>>
>>50498366

Here you go, friend!

https://app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ
>>
So a minor and kind of odd question relevant to a campaign I'm soon running since it's Devil-heavy; what's the demonym/adjective for someone or something from Dis? You know, the Iron City, second of the Nine Hells and all that?

Dissian? Disite?
>>
>>50498377
Disonian?
>>
File: 1474269105225.jpg (3KB, 124x112px) Image search: [Google]
1474269105225.jpg
3KB, 124x112px
>tfw you know you wont be accepted into the /pfg/ HV game
>>
Would you play the following: URogue+Barbarian Hybrid Class, with a bit of Oracle mixed in. Based (almost) entirely around 1pp mechanics, so no initiating, spheres, or psionics, mind you. Main mental stat is either Wis or Cha, and its main gimmick is that instead of getting Finesse, it has Brutal Slayer's Str-to-AC/Reflex
>>
>>50498638
I'm making my peace with RotJR.
>>
>>50497971

HV-Anon, you made a great emphasis on Appearance being a thing in the campaign, but can you tell us how it will be used in a typical session? Will it be used for things like general conversational tones or potential romantic partners and/or fuckbuddies? How is sex going to be handled in that game, anyway? Last I checked the books were awfully barren on cute girls or guys.
>>
>>50498638
Which guy are you?
>>
>>50496198
seems like bullshit. Fuck yourself.
>>
Why is the Shackles such a shit region?
>>
>>50498834

Pirates. And fucking fish people.
>>
File: 250px-Gillwoman.jpg (23KB, 250x520px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Gillwoman.jpg
23KB, 250x520px
>>50498860
That doesn't seem so bad.
>>
>>50498150
>rinka doesn't get on team little sister

kill me now.
>>
>>50498638
We've all made our peace
>>
>>50498887
She's more like an obnoxious younger cousin, or that boisterous childhood friend next door.
>>
>>50496198
1. None of this proves anything

2. Even if it is true, as long as he runs this one, i don't care

3. Even if it doesn't happen, then its just another fakegame, fakegames are fakegames. Has happened before, will happen again

So who cares.
>>
>>50498909

>Boisterous chuuni childhood friend

That just makes me want to tease her constantly.
>>
>>50498298
You can become a Pathfinder in Serpent's Skull.
>>
>>50498172
Are there really only 9 male characters?
>>
File: Oglaf Fox 01.jpg (14KB, 172x196px) Image search: [Google]
Oglaf Fox 01.jpg
14KB, 172x196px
>>50498947
I want to bully that rat!
>>
File: worn out goddess.jpg (340KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
worn out goddess.jpg
340KB, 1280x720px
>>50498909
How is she not a daughteru what did i do wrong
>>
>>50498682
Initial reactions of people to your character, how easily they can be persuaded to get down and dirty with it and whether or not they end up enjoying things if you force things.
>>
>>50498960
do not bully the chuunis
>>
File: riiiight.jpg (73KB, 900x425px) Image search: [Google]
riiiight.jpg
73KB, 900x425px
>>50498879
>>
>>50498967

Chuuni are explicitly designed for bully, their entire existence rests on the fact someone is going to grab their meager little wrists and make them smack themselves.
>>
>>50498879

It never does at first, but it inevitably leads to a breakdown in discipline aboard this ship.
>>
>>50498959

Yuuuuuup, and one of them wants to turn into a sexy robo-lady.
>>
>>50498959
Yup.
>>
>>50498967

Even if you love them and just want to see their cute, flustered faces?
>>
>>50498998
What do the others want?
>>
>>50498998
>>50498999
Honestly I'd prefer a party with an even split down the sexes.
>>
>>50499034
One of them wants NTR.
>>
>>50497962
Oh I see, I must have miscounted then.
>>50497972
Your character is almost assuredly a fun one too! I apologize if I forgot!
>>50497999
>>50498056
Yes, that's me.
>>
File: Waggling Intensifies.gif (839KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
Waggling Intensifies.gif
839KB, 500x650px
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>50498961
>>50498967
Are you afraid someone is going to eat her alive?

>How is she not a daughteru
To be perfectly honest, a character I'm playing around with would probably be the kind of person to view her like that. How does she feel about Sexy Demonspawn?
>>
>>50499034
To rise through the Sczarni ranks!
>>
Is it a problem that I find Ricktor's backstory, arc, and motivations most interesting? I don't know he just seems to have a lot going for him other characters don't.

Though I really like self discovery stories so I may be biased.
>>
>>50498961

You made her too adorably weird. Now people are going to want to take her to festivals or listen to her talk about her research.
>>
>>50496198

Evidence that this is not true

Exhibit A: Radically different chargen rules, WotR GM had rules against dumping and pumping stats. Dropping this would be odd, as well as the PB changes

Exhibit B: Radically different feat-tax rules, specifically HV GM seems to be aware of a much better feat tax ruleset than WotR GM ever had

Exhibit C: Completely different layout of the campaign homepage for applicants, its very strange for someone to change that

But hey, here's the most damning one to your bullshit

Exhibit D: Writing

Now as much as people may try, their writing style is one of the most identifiable things out there

And since I applied to both games, I've read enough of both of their writing and how they phrase things... They quite simply can't be the same person. They just aren't.
>>
>>50499109
What I'm saying is I think the NTR memes ruined a good character.
>>
>>50498959
No, I messed it up, there are actually 10 now.

10 Men - Khair, Omza, Casimir, Gil, Corwin, Roku, Ricktor, Grayson, Bartran, Caelum.
21 Women - Onryou, Lilin, Shizuka, Anja, Silvia, Amandia, Keva, Aster, Amalia, Togeko, Nixia, Svana, Amalthea, Kanela, Zeldana, Aranha, Agatha, Rinka, Viviana, Karathi, Maxima.
10 (11) Humans - Khair, Omza, Anja, Casimir, Corwin, Ricktor, Amalthea, Agatha, Viviana, Caelum, technically Aranha.
4 Aasimar - Lilin, Nixia, Kanela, Zeldana.
2 Tieflings - Onryou, Maxima
2 Skinwalkers - Silvia, Svana.
2 Half-elves - Togeko, Karathi.
1 Dhampir - Shizuka.
1 Kitsune - Gil.
1 Android - Amandia.
1 Half-giant - Roku.
1 Oread - Keva.
1 Ethumion - Aster.
1 Changeling - Amalia.
1 Obitu - Grayson.
1 Ratfolk - Rinka.
1 Halfling - Bartran.

In total, 31 applicants, spread out over 2 genders and 15 races.
>>
So last session my shifter (spheres) turned himself large, gave himself wings, and shifted into his themed wolf form (big flying wolf, essentially) and gave a ride to the entire party to board an enemy airship.

Spheres is pretty good.
Surprised I only learnt of this system lately.
Not much people mention it here, for some reason, at least compared to PoW.
>>
File: spiral_power.gif (961KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
spiral_power.gif
961KB, 500x281px
>>50499167
>>
>>50499113

Do you think Rinka would look cute in a dress?

Which woman would look the best in a dress?
>>
Rather than clogging up threads with huge lists, I'll just have a piratepad I update with the new breakdowns.

http://piratepad.net/kl8lVS8wmw
>>
Honestly i'm still hoping RotJR party becomes a doujin of Konosuba

What i'm saying is one of you bastards needs to make a Kazuma already
>>
>Gm throws at us non combat encounters that can only be solved with STAT checks
>Fail like half of them
>Get fatigued because we didn't pass CON check (instead of Fort)
>Gain no xp because they were encounters for 1st level chars and we're 9th level chars
I'm fucking out of here
>>
>>50499291
>person who wants to become a hero ends up stuck in the mundane daily grind, despite finding himself in a new world

Anon, we already have a literal animal
>>
>>50499304
Stat checks are the worst.
>>
/pfg/, what is the best Adventure Path to start with for a new DM?

I've been playing for a little over a year now, and due to schedule change at work, I have another group of friends that is interested in playing but have 0 experience playing. Its going to be 3-4 players.
>>
>>50499315
very well, what about our Aqua.
>>
>>50499327
rise of the runelords
>>
>>50499304
You should ask your GM to do skill challenges instead.
>>
>>50496780
Not kitsune but here, have the description of my blinkling shota trap maid. The sheet is nearly done and will hit R20 in few days.

>Most people looking at Shiro for the first time see a soft-spoken, fair-skinned and slender little lady. Shiro's dog ears and similary canine bushy tail mixed with a traditional maid uniform, nicely tied hair and well-mannered disposition only add to the charm and make the inevitable reveal all the more shocking. For Shiro is, in fact, a man, and he will politely inform of such anyone mistakenly taking him for a girl. It really is a shame and great injustice that eyes so golden and bright must belong to a man but such is life. Most of Sandpoint's inhabitants learned long ago about the Kajitsu household's peculiar manservant and got accustomed to it, anyway. What most people don't know is that Shiro can manifest a golden psionic aura around his person and congeal it into a panoply of variously sized flying blades of the same color. He can then propel the blades with his will. Curiously, they make a clear, almost-melodic sound while cutting through the air. He does this only in need and when it arises his person transfroms from a simple, diminutive servant into a supremely focused and graceful combatant. Other times he is perfectly content with using his powers as a crutch for his height or for manifesting only brooms and other utensils.
>>
>>50499198

Anon, the one who'd look best in a dress is obviously the one you love the most.
>>
>>50499329
Smug but secretly a mess? Anja, I'd say.
>>
>>50499349
Me, obviously!
>>
>>50499291
I really hope it doesn't. I think that'd be awful.
>>
>>50499198
In my opinion, dresses are complimented by modest chests best.
>>
>>50499167
The reason why PoW gets mentioned more often is because, a lot of the time, players want to play warrior types in fantasy settings. My entire circle of friends likes martials over mages - some like the big strong guy archetype, some like having good personal protection, and two of us (including myself) are weapons nerds that feel more comfortable describing our characters in a good set of gear than robes.

there's also the fact that a lot of people simply don't see the need for a new magic system. As shitty as the martial/caster disparity is, PoW closes that gap already, and allows martials to do some things that mages simply cannot (such as the build I whipped up that can solo linnorms come level 15). Very few people actually want to nerf casters - far more want to buff martials up to a point where they can contribute.
>>
File: HellsingJeeeez.png (860KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
HellsingJeeeez.png
860KB, 887x1097px
>>50499355
>Aqua
>secretly a mess

She's more like just a different kind of Chuuni, desu

>>50499348
Please put it in a fire and never think about it again, I think I got retinal cancer from looking at that. Especially since it's yet another motherfucker inextricably tied to to Kaijitsus.
>>
>>50499198

I unironically think Song Lilin would easily take the laurel crown as Harvest Queen; put that woman in a green dress and her fiery red hair, shapely limbs and complete lack of a chest will put her on the fast track to drawing the eye of every eligible bachelor there.
>>
>>50499368
Agreed, larger chests are better suited for tight-fitting sweaters and other coverings that ironically only emphasize their size despite being very concealing.
>>
I think there are some very valid arguments over a lack of balance in PoW. I think these arguments often get ignored and drowned out by people trying to shift the arguments into safer territory (such as shouting "but full casters can do X").

I don't think we should use PoW at a point of balance any more than we should use full casters.
>>
>>50499405
Or no covering at all.
>>
>>50499291
So who are the other guys?
>>
>>50499198
>>50499399
>implying it won't be crossdressing NToRacle
>implying he won't NTR you out of the crown
>implying he won't then give the crown to Ameiko
>>
>>50499416

Well, when you get right down to it, there really isn't much of a point of balance in the entire system.
>>
>>50499416
(you)
>>
>>50499425
That's lewd, anon.
>>
>>50499416
Don't start this again, baka.
>>
>>50499398
I haven't actually watched Konosuba. Rinka's the described chuuni, but Aster is sorta chuuni as well.
>>
File: 1435870683460.jpg (115KB, 896x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435870683460.jpg
115KB, 896x720px
>>50499405
>>50499368

>They don't appreciate the beauty of a busty chick in a deep V dress

Sideboob >>> Underboob.
>>
>>50499380
Well, I completely understand.
I just find it a well designed system (beyond weather, gods what the fuck) that should be appreciated more, and could actually give more flavourful options to mage players or mageknight players
>>
>>50499440
I can cover them with my hands with that helps.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>50499447
>Posts one of the flattest characters that exists.
>>
>>50499430
I put it around where six level casters are. The spot around Tier 4 and 3.

PoW characters however do not give a good indication to their usefulness when used in the tier system because the majority of their utility is combat oriented.

Buffing, Debuffing, Damage, Mobility, etc. Initiators are fantastic at all of these. Plus because of their design their defensive suite is far superior to essentially every other character, due to counters (replacing saves, invalidating attacks, etc.). A PoW character when optimized to any degree warps play around them in combat, yet contributes next to nothing new out of combat.
>>
File: 1412735745349.gif (2MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1412735745349.gif
2MB, 512x288px
>>50499447
U fuckin wot m8
>>
File: Neito_profile2.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Neito_profile2.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>50499462
She's pretty flat, but not this flat.

>>50499447
>he thinks fat is justice
>>
File: 1471391181414.png (474KB, 624x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1471391181414.png
474KB, 624x1130px
>>50499467

You heard me, V cut dresses are *wasted* on flat chests. WASTED.
>>
File: 1477330321745.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
1477330321745.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>50499486
110% Drills
>>
>>50499399
>Implying it wouldn't go to the spirited girl wearing the swishy flowered skirt twirling about the festival with a +12 Perform Dance modifier and a generous demeanor to match her bust.
>>
File: 1435097319251.png (262KB, 500x834px) Image search: [Google]
1435097319251.png
262KB, 500x834px
>>50499497
>plunging necklines
>not the sign of a slut

>>50499516
Nate is at least 200% drill.
>>
>>50493139
My players are going to have a chance to make a deal with a powerful witch in the next session and I'm trying to figure out what she might ask for in return for her help. I was thinking she'd ask "for one day, sun rise to sun set, your blood, sweat, and tears" of the party's sorcerer. Translated out of cryptic bullshit that means that at some point down the road the witch could "borrow" some of his magic power and eat through a bunch of his spell slots or make it hard for him to cast for a day or something. A sorcerer's blood is his magic, after all, and his sweat and tears represents his effort to learn it.

But I feel like I could do a better fae-bargain between the witch and the sorcerer. Do you guys have any suggestions?
>>
>>50499520
Who is that?
>>
Say if I find a PoW and SoP only campaign (no paizo, no other 3PP, no psionics), how would that fare?
>>
File: stock-photo-2398940.jpg (84KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-2398940.jpg
84KB, 533x800px
>>50499416
You just had the entire last 2-3 days dedicated to shitting on and about PoW
Shut the duck up already
>>
>>50499398
>Especially since it's yet another motherfucker inextricably tied to to Kaijitsus.
Him being a maid was one of the things I have settled on. Kajitsus are Sandpoint's noble familiy. It;s not that hard or inexplicable.
>>
>>50499531

Well, with that specific wording, she could probably fatally desiccate him if she so desired. And if he died, well, she'd have no reason to return the power she just sucked out of him.
>>
>>50499537
Agatha.

Sure, she's got a serious case of ennui day to day, but festivals are one of the things that gets her spirits up.
>>
File: sweating intensifies.png (509KB, 200x600px) Image search: [Google]
sweating intensifies.png
509KB, 200x600px
>>50499531
The witch is crippling lonely and wants a husband a few years down the line/after their grand adventure?
>>
>>50499543
>No Paizo
What?

Like, I understand that Paizo only is bad, but no bard? No paladin? No inquisitor or investigator? There are good 1pp classes.
>>
>>50499167
People here like to sperg about minmaxing Destruction for damage.
As for me, I've always found Spheres is coolest when you dedicate to a nondamage sphere and do weird stuff like that
>>
>>50499398
I mean it's an AP about putting a Kaijitsu on the throne. Doesn't really seem that weird.
>>
>>50499589
A lot of times "no 1pp" is done to get the players to try new things.
>>
>>50499592
>People here like to sperg about minmaxing Destruction for damage.
Which is odd for me because /pfg/ always complained about blasting, especially consistent all day blasting being a shitty option.

Then some people make an option where blasting becomes viable, and people bitch.
>>
>>50499563
The party doesn't have the means to rezz a dead PC, so I'm not too eager to actually kill the sorcerer. I don't need to stick to the "blood, sweat, and tears" thing though, if I can get a better idea here.

>>50499584
Doesn't really fit the witch's agenda. Besides, the witch already has a friend. She took Improved Familiar just to get one!
>>
>>50499543
Spheres of Power makes for EXCELLENT healers, but not very good blasters.

Consider avoiding swarms. You should be fine, otherwise.
>>
>>50493154
Trip, I guess. Oh wait, THOSE maneuvers.
>>
>>50499343
We did, that's why I said it can be solved only with stat checks.
>>
>>50499619
Hmmm she wants a new familiar/apprentice?
>>
>>50499399
>Song Lilin
She's also still known as a bully. In a vacuum, maybe, but any person between 16 and 24 probably remembers her as a terror, as do their parents. I wanted her backstory to set her up as someone with no friends and a bad reputation to allow for some tsundere interaction.

>>50499601
That makes more sense, but I still wouldn't play that sort of game unless it was 3pp, including archetypes. So you can go Sphere [Paizo Class], or [Paizo Class] [PoW Archetype], but not just the Paizo class on its own.
>>
>>50499628
>but not very good blasters.
Nigga people have been bitching about Sphere blasting being 2gud since the destroyers handbook came out.

Honestly, I think it's decent if you put some work into it. It just comes only really early, but tapers off mid game.
>>
>>50499556
But now that I think of it, are there any other places in Sandpoint that possibly could have maids?
>>
>>50499399
>complete lack of a chest

I thought Lilin rolled really, really well for bust?
>>
>>50499654
Those might be allowed, I don't know. I'd certainly allow them if I was running that type of game.
>>
>>50499661
What about maidens?
>>
>>50499665
>>50499654
>>50499628
>>50499601
I'm just curious if the PoW players would overshadow the SoP characters, especially when it comes to boss fights.
>>
>>50499670
No, maids. Altough he is also a pure maiden, yes.

>>50499659
>Sphere blasting being 2gud
More like... 2hu!
>>
>>50499673
For the most part yes, they do.
>>
>>50499663
I did, something like a nine? Still, I'm not a fan of leaving character design up to chance, and Lilin at least appears almost totally flat.
>>
>>50499543
But I want to play a fighter.
>>
>>50499670

The majority of the female characters are maidens, anon!
>>
File: Drinking Panzer Grill.jpg (121KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking Panzer Grill.jpg
121KB, 800x800px
>>50499556
>>50499594
That part's not that big a deal. The rest of it is still awful though.

Blinkings were a mistake
>>
>>50499683
>>50499673
Didn't someone compare a Sphere caster to a Path of War user a few threads ago, it was for the gestalt game so balance may be a little warped but the conclusion was "these are roughly on par"?
>>
>>50499697
Who are your favorite maidens?

Mine are shizuka and silvia, they seem cute and mellow.
>>
>>50499684
>and Lilin at least appears almost totally flat.

I'll totally respect your design decision over the chance of rolling (which admittedly favors large busts), however I do need to add tight-fitting robes like the ones Song Lilin are wearing in her artwork (especially with that binding on her abdomen) can make even a chesty girl look almost completely flat.
>>
Who is the most handsome of the male applicants?

What are their appearance scores?

Remember:
Highest of Str or Dex + Con + Cha/3

Let's calculate!
>>
>>50499659
For greater investment than any martial character would ever have to do, yes.

A sphere talent is the equivalent of a feat, anon. To get a good blast going, you have to invest half a dozen feats. That's not a good blaster.

This is one major thing about Spheres of Power in general; You can have flexibility if you want it, but if you invest EVERYTHING into one sphere, you will be very good at it. It's fucking stupid to do that, though, because you will have none of the strengths of a real caster and all of the weaknesses.
>>
>>50499720

>Shizuka
>Maiden
>>
>>50499743
Which one tho, we've got three of them or something
>>
>>50499743
>Implying I'm talking about that HV hussy.
>>
Is there a way to search for spells by type? Like if I want all the sonic spells or the lightning spells filtered out from the rest, preferably either by level or class.
>>
>>50499683
Hi, that's a bit discouraging. I won't say PoW is bad, but compared to SoP it's really hard to fuck up a PoW character, and that damage is a bit too easy.

But yeah, Spheres is a tad bit weaker even compared to Paizo, so it might be a bad comparison.
>>
>>50499728
That's my point anon. It's a character decision, that even if Lilin has breasts like a pair of melons she'd actively try to get them toned down. A guard uniform isn't very titillating, and if you add a chest binding in there wouldn't be much showing.

>>50499763
http://archivesofnethys.com/SpellsCustom.aspx
>>
File: 1445909225281.jpg (54KB, 557x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445909225281.jpg
54KB, 557x800px
>>50499737
Thematics? Theme?
>>
>>50499673
That's more a problem with how boss fights are set up.

Spherecasters can do more than fight, and they're pretty good at fighting too if you build them for it. PoW-users are very good at fighting since there's very rarely a "bad" choice regarding maneuvers, but struggle against crowds, other initiators, some spellcasters, and superior utility. Yes, some of them can fly or see invisible things, but even the most powerful of PoW characters can't un-poison some wine or even spontaneously-create water.
>>
File: 1440950646163.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1440950646163.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>50499782

Flat chest, busty, it's all good to me. Song Lilin is a great character regardless of how many hands it takes to grab the things on her chest, I'm sure if she gets accepted we'll figure out the truth of the matter when someone tries to woo her.
>>
>>50499794
Generally my experience with Path is this one guy build Primal for that insane one turn burst damage, and balancing enemy hp around him makes everything a bit too hard or spongy for the other party members.
>>
File: tumblr_nwzx6isuzX1r7bh25o1_1280.png (207KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwzx6isuzX1r7bh25o1_1280.png
207KB, 1000x1000px
>>50499790
d6 hit die, not great saves, low BAB, and low ALL DAY endurance.

These things matter very little to a proper full caster, but when you are trying to outdo martials at being martials, it's a major leg up they have on you.
>>
>>50499782
>http://archivesofnethys.com/SpellsCustom.aspx

Thank you kindly.
>>
File: 06d.jpg (44KB, 380x348px) Image search: [Google]
06d.jpg
44KB, 380x348px
>>50499810

>All this talk of chests
>Not a single mention of real treasure
>>
>>50499825
Well... yes. That's why they chose to be a martial, and you chose to be a caster.

You don't get to complain about a barbarian doing too much damage when you're an Alchemist, because you'll have a brick-shithouse worth of utility, mobility, and range more than the barbarian ever will.
>>
>>50499743
Which Shizuka? HV, RotJR, someone else?
>>
File: 1474488327622.png (222KB, 500x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1474488327622.png
222KB, 500x1084px
>>50499847
>an alchemist
>complaining about damage
>when he can probably do MORE damage than the barbarian if he put in just as much effort
>>
>>50499837
Tits are life, ass is hometown.
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15KB, 560x407px
>>50499837

Booty is something you can't really see from either art or a description, it's entirely down to what the player says when directly asked what kind of butt their character has.
>>
What I like most about spheres is that it stops trying to shove Gygax's perception about shit should work down my throat. Yes, mages *can* heal, and blasting *can* be good, and not all spells need to have verbal components.
>>
>>50499858
That would be the joke, anon. The alchemist can do what a barbarian does with the same amount of investment, AS WELL AS remain a 6/9ths kinda-caster.
>>
>>50499837
Swiggity Swooty.
>>
>>50499847
>, and you chose to be a caster.
A caster that focused on damage and lacks all that versatility and mobility.
>>
>>50499837
tits are life

But ass is hometown
>>
>>50499847
Yes. Exactly, actually.

This is why you shouldn't take an Incanter and put every single talent into Destruction so you can hit as hard as a Barbarian, and ultimately why Spheres makes for poor blasters.
>>
>>50499762
>implying HV Shizuka is a hussy

fite me
>>
>>50499885
>This is why you shouldn't take an Incanter and put every single talent into Destruction so you can hit as hard as a Barbarian, and ultimately why Spheres makes for poor blasters.
>I picked a class
>I picked options that do X
>I'm as good as another class that does X at the job
>this makes me a poor blaster?
I don't understand.
>>
>>50499730

Definitely not Khair! He's like, 11 ish.
>>
>>50499730
>Khair
(16+10+8)/3 = 11.333

>Omza
(16+12+8)/3=12

>Casimir
(18+12+10)/3=13.333

>Gil
(17+14+9)/3=13.333

>Corwin
(18+14+16)/3=16

>Roku
(18+15+7)=13.333

>Ricktor
(16+14+18)/3=16

>Bartran
(16+14+14)/3=14.666

>Grayson
(18+12+9)/3=13

>Caelum
(10+12+13)/3=11.666

Ricktor and Corwin are tied for first place.
>>
>>50499907
I think Khair and Omza are the "ugliest" sitting at 11 and 12 respectively.
>>
>>50499921

the fucking skeleton is more attractive than the robot autist.
>>
>>50499921
What's this from?
>>
>>50499921
>Rinka
(18+12+8)/3 = 12.66

This system seems broken.
>>
>>50499946
The calcs assume a generally "human" scale and set of standards.
>>
>>50499902
Please follow the whole conversation...

>Pick incanter
>put every single talent into destruction
>have literally no utility, no healing, no variable casting
>I am REALLY good at blowing things up and that is IT
>The Barbarian puts all his feats and rage powers into dealing damage
>He is about as good at killing things as I am at blowing them up
>... but he also has a d12 HD, full BAB, more skill ranks/level than I do, and can keep fighting longer than I can

This is the point I am making. A pure blaster spheres of power character is not a full caster in the real sense; they have access to absolutely no spells at all but blasts. None. It's like kineticist with more damage and less utility.
>>
>>50499921
>Bartran is in third.
kek

I'll do the women next if no one else does.
>>
>>50499970
>more skill ranks/level than I do,
If you're not Int based.
>>
>>50499969
hence why it probably breaks down for a 5 str ratfolk
>>
>>50499990
Well, there's that.
>>
>>50499985
>I'll do the women next if no one else does.

Do the women!
>>
File: DaS Sweating Knight.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DaS Sweating Knight.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>50499921
>mfw latest idea I have has a hot spicy 16.666 appearance score
>mfw a manlet might be the most attractive RotJR character

Now the question is, how do you calculate things with no Con score?
>>
>>50499970
So why did you pick Incanter instead of a class that's meant to be a blaster AND have utility, like Elementalist, Thaumaturge, or even Hedgewitch? That's like complaining that your bard isn't doing enough damage, or that your wizard and his familiar are shit at healing; the classes aren't designed that way.
>>
>>50499946
Those bones are so well maintained and firm though...
>>
>>50500016
Treat it as a 10; any innate fanciness and exoticism for being a construct or undead is counterbalanced by "but it's still just a statue/skeleton".
>>
>>50500017
Elementalist get's less talents than the fucking Incanter.
>>
File: 1441112018639.png (1MB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
1441112018639.png
1MB, 500x646px
>>50500016

>mfw my character for HV has a 16.5 Appearance
>>
>>50499700
And what about his personality? His sname is also a placeholder, mostly.

>Shiro is quiet, diligent and subservient - as befitting of a servant. He doesn't ask many questions and, in fact, rarely speaks unless directly asked. Generally he takes great care not to be a bother and even mastered the art of not drawing attention to himself unless he is needed. He is also very observant and surprisingly sharp when he does speak his mind. Under the calm and collected facade he hides a genuinely kind, caring heart and a steely resolve. He's very protective of people he sees as his masters and always seeks to make them happy in his own unobtrusive way. Woe to those who would wish to endanger them for Shiro won't hesitate in bringing such villains low.
>>
File: Bloodborne Doll 01.png (792KB, 900x833px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Doll 01.png
792KB, 900x833px
>>50500033
A shame. I guess I can't just do the old "use all physical+charisma" version if everyone's basing theirs off the new one.
>>
>>50500017
I'm not complaining. Just... legit, just scroll up and read the rest of the chain? You really have no idea what is going on at all and it's kind of annoying.

People are calling Spheres casters too good at blasting, and I'm making a point that that is fine, because they have to invest everything they are into blasting to do so. They have NO utility AT ALL if they go full blaster, which makes them worse than a martial at the job.
>>
>>50500034
And you don't NEED to invest 30 talents into Destruction. Why would you even think of doing that? It's a waste of being an Incanter, which has so many talents to have variety. The Elementalist, which gets 15, is more than enough to cover what you want as well as have actual class features that matter.
>>
>>50500068
If you don't invest your early level talents into Destruction, you'll never catch up to a proper damage dealer.
>>
>>50499985
>I'll do the women next if no one else does.

Preliminaries reveal Zeldana, Song Lilin and Amalthea are tied at 16.33 Appearance.
>>
Honestly I think its dumb that the formula doesn't include both str and dex, a person who is exceedingly weak but has high dexterity should have that play into how attractive they are
>>
>>50500115
Would dex even factor into a persons appearance at all. They could just have a good eye/have nice reflexes.
>>
>>50500115
Old one did, people redid it to be "pick Str or Dex". Even as a committed dexfag, it's pretty bullshit.
>>
>>50500134
it honestly shouldn't imo. Dex has very little to do with appearance and more to do with reflexes

Strength is Strength

Con is how solidly you're built

Cha is other appearance stuff.
>>
>>50500149
>Cha is other appearance stuff.
Except for the whole appearance thing.
>>
File: 1379825586903.jpg (639KB, 4994x2290px) Image search: [Google]
1379825586903.jpg
639KB, 4994x2290px
>>50500149

But anon, if you removed Dexterity from the equation than like 80% of all the characters /pfg/ makes will be Plain Janes or Average Joes.
>>
Here's a comparison of why it should just be Str/Con/Cha

rather than Str or Dex/ Con/Cha

Rinka under the current system is given a appearance score of 12.66, despite being a sickly weak little stick

under a system where Str is the stat of appearance and Dex is a stat of reflexes and movement, Rinka ends up with an appearance of 8.33, which makes WAY more sense.
>>
>>50500185
desu trying to stat out appearance is kinda silly, just let players decide if their characters are smoking hot. or not.
>>
>>50500210
This desu.
>>
>>50500186
Eye of the beholder and/or subject to the preferences of race. The whole thing is a joke in and of itself, though, just like the "size chart" shenanigans.

>>50500210
Muh statgen tho
>>
>>50500185
GOOD

Dexfags deserve suffering.

If you want to be a Dexfag thats fine, but you'll never be as attractive as a strength god

Plus it gives Dex builds an actual drawback
>>
>>50500210

desu this desu.
>>
>>50500186

>Implying that the chuuni ratfolk isn't RAT/10 by every metric
>>
File: Ainsley Harriot Salad.jpg (99KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
Ainsley Harriot Salad.jpg
99KB, 600x891px
>>50500185
>>50500224
All this does is make me hope I really can do this stupid Str/Cha gimmick build.
>>
>>50500186
She just needs someone to fix her up!

A nice hairdo and maybe a little bit of makeup... it'll be great!
>>
>>50500305

>Makeup
>On a rat
>>
>>50500186
Maybe you should apply both if there is a malus, otherwise the highest of the two?
>>
>>50500329
A malus? The fuck?
>>
>>50500334

The opposite of a bonus. In other words, a penalty.
>>
>>50500345
Why not just say penalty then?
>>
>>50499921
>NToRacle first
I hate it
>>
>>50500351
I don't know man.
>>
>>50500354

HE HATES IT.
>>
>>50500329
i'm not sure that'd work, unless if there's a penalty you divide by 4 rather than three

using that methodology, Rinka still comes out to 10.75
>>
>>50499921
Lyras has 14.666 as well.
>>
File: RicktorWatt.jpg (44KB, 429x724px) Image search: [Google]
RicktorWatt.jpg
44KB, 429x724px
>>50500354
We have an image of NToRacle.

Hot or not, YOU DECIDE!
>>
>>50499921

What does 13.333 translate into for Appearance, anyway?

They're not going to turn heads, but when you look at them they give you a pleasant feeling?
>>
>>50500007
Let's get into it.

Onryou - (17+14+7)/3 = 12.66
Lilin - (18+15+17)/3 = 16.66
Shizuka - (16+15+10)/3 = 13.66
Anja - (10+12+20)/3 = 14
Silvia - (18+14+7)/3 = 13
Amandia - (14+14+10)/3 = 12.66
Keva - (20+16+8)/3 = 14.66
Aster - (14+14+20)/3 = 16
Amalthea - (14+14+18)/3 = 15.33
Zeldana - (16+17+16)/3 = 16.33
Aranha - (16+13+16)/3 = 15
Agatha - (18+14+17)/3 = 16.33
Rinka - (18+12+8)/3 = 12.33
Viviana - (18+14+12)/3 = 14.66
Karathi - (14+13+18)/3 = 15
Kanela - (16+10+17)/3 = 14.33
Maxima - (18+12+16)/3 = 15.33

Gimme another minute to work out (STR+CON+CHA)/3 and (STR+DEX+CON+CHA)/4.
>>
Anyone seen the new DSP Psicrystal book? Anything in it interesting/worthwhile?
>>
>>50500385
+1 appearance modifier. You are decidedly above average!
>>
>>50500385
For comparison, a succubus has 21.33 appearance. A glabrezu has 27.33.
>>
File: 0002-010.jpg (197KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0002-010.jpg
197KB, 830x1200px
So I'm brewing up my own undead campaign. I notice that this Hell's Vengeance campaign has... quite a few house rules.

Is this the sort of thing that appeals to you guys? I like keeping things simple, maybe just giving everyone a bonus feat, but feat tax rules might be a thing instead.

The only thing I have left to decide is character creation rules, and I'll leave it to you people what you'd prefer. Having very powerful undead PCs constrained by the weaknesses inherent to undeath sounds very interesting to me.
>>
>>50500426
>>50500385

>decidely above average
Nah nigga, it's above average but not really so. I mean look at the standard abilty chart breakdown on the SRD
10-11 average
12-13 is alright, good looking in the right light but not insanely so.
14-15 is when you start becoming noticeably above average in attractiveness.
16-17 is probably when you enter "head turner" status
>>
>>50500387
>Lilin is the prettiest girl
As expected!
>>
>>50500483
>16-17 is probably when you enter "head turner" status
>homeless oracle is so attractive he turns heads
>>
>>50500483
it just bothers me that its impossible to make a below average char that isn't also mechanically garbage with 'better of str/dex, con, cha /3
>>
>>50500483
You have to take it into account that appearance is going to be closer to mean since not many people have multiple very high(or very low) scores.
>>
>>50500489
>tfw building hobgoblin
>18 dex
>18 con
>18 cha

I'm afraid of the memes.
>>
>>50500507
Zyzz
>>
>>50500387
>>50500387
>A party with Lilin, Zeldana, and Agatha
>Agatha: Well, if the whole caravan thing doesn't work out, we could just become prostitutes. We'd make the best prostitutes.
>>
>>50500507
N
T
R
>>
I think we should do this:

Higher of Str or Dex, but is one is below 10 you apply the negative.

For instance:

16 dex & 8 str = 14 for the calculation.
>>
>>50500523
>Lilin, Zeldana, Agatha, Corwin, Ricktor

This party is almost TOO attractive.
>>
>>50500530
calculating based off of Rinka (because she has the most extreme scores), this gives us

Even a character with a 5 in strength and an 8 in cha is coming out above average

It should just be strength -.-. Dex has nothing to do with appearance, it has to do with reflexes and grace
>>
>>50500556
Just fucking move the scale forward then ya crybaby, jeez. It's not even an actual method of determining attractiveness, it's just a meme number.
>>
>>50500556
>Grace
>Doesn't have anything to do with appearance
>>
>>50500616
"Dexterity measures agility, reflexes, and balance. "

Not sure where that person got grace but clearly it has nothing to do with appearance.

Dexfags are just sad that they'll be less pretty
>>
what does NTR even mean?
>>
>>50500632
And strengthfags desperately need something to enlarge their steroid-addled penises. Nothing new.
>>
File: 1477455363896.png (81KB, 578x488px) Image search: [Google]
1477455363896.png
81KB, 578x488px
This entire conversation is dumb and all y'all should feel bad.
>>
>>50500632
>people will get made they don't have the highest number in a calculation someone just made up
>>
>>50500646
>4chan.org

Yes.
>>
>>50500646
Everything we're playing is just something someone made up senpai.
>>
>>50500632
Fencing GRACE. Slashing GRACE. Dex feats obviously has something to do with grace.

>Balance
Balance is all about posture. You know, like they teach in finishing school.

>>50500642
NTR is short for netorare, just the Jap word for cuckold.

>>50500646
WDYTYA?
>>
>>50500674
>Posture
>not a function of Charisma

Dexfag absolutely buttflustered
>>
File: dude eyes lmao.jpg (36KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dude eyes lmao.jpg
36KB, 500x281px
I'm a massive faggot and have no idea what kind of names to look for when making a character from Ustalav. I can only assume it's supposed to be Not!Transylvania? So eastern Euro names? German?
>>
>>50500632
>>50500643
>>50500556
Why not just use both?

The original intention for the formula, (STR+DEX+CON+CHA)/4, was to showcase that on first-contact with someone, their physical traits and first impressions of their speech and talking were what mattered most in being considered "attractive". You could be svelte and have a swimmer's build (high STR, DEX, and CON), but you sound like an asshole even with the first word from your mouth (low CHA). Or you might be barrel-chested with a bit of problems on your feet, but a good heart (Good STR/CON/CHA, bad DEX). Or maybe you're extremely-intelligent and thoughtful, but nobody gives you a chance because you're always sick and tired-looking (Low everything, but good INT and WIS). THAT was the intention of the original formula that I made, and it saddens me that people don't understand that.
>>
Enough of this autism. Based on their character portraits who do you all think is most attractive?

I for one nominate our lord and savior, something something, NTR memes.
>>
File: 25484297_p0_master1200.jpg (546KB, 1149x880px) Image search: [Google]
25484297_p0_master1200.jpg
546KB, 1149x880px
>>50500479
Well, shit. Ignored. I guess I'll wait for this hype to blow over.
>>
Can't you just assume you are all equally hot? All PCs are damn fantasy heroes, of course they are supermodels and poster boys.
>>
>>50500731
But I don't want to be a super model.
>>
>>50500686
Charisma is a mental stat. Posture is physical. Stop being intentionally retarded.
>>
>>50500479
Feat tax rules are important and needed

The rest is up to you, but without feat taxes.

I mean the rest is what you want, but i recommend using http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

The rest is up to you
>>
>>50500720
I mean, I might play it if it fits my schedule. Any more details, rule-wise?
>>
>>50497923
Wilder.
>>
>>50500731
But Rinka should be the opposite. At best she's a tomoko.
>>
>>50500760
"Charisma measures a character's personality, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and appearance."

Ayyy lmao
>>
>>50500731
Some heroes are ugly.
>>
New thread:
>>50500781
>>50500781
>>50500781
>>
>>50500479
>>50500720
Out of a sense of solidarity because my post upthread was mostly ignored, I'll give you a (you). I'd be down for an undead campaign in theory, but I don't really have time to play another campaign. You're also not giving us a lot to work with in terms of what to expect story-wise beyond "You'll all be undead!" I dig undead, but I'm curious what these undead PCs would be doing. Is it necessarily an evil campaign, or could the players go in a different direction with things?
>>
>>50500785
>personality, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and appearance
Doesn't mention posture. If you want to go off this then it should just be charisma, which we're obviously not doing.
>>
File: 1466588388814.png (619KB, 700x812px) Image search: [Google]
1466588388814.png
619KB, 700x812px
>>50499462
She's small, but actually has some hidden under that blazer (Seo to her left has pretty big ones when not drawn all chibi like that). Chiyo's not 'as a board' like several other characters can be...
>>
>>50500809
but presumably because skills like perform (Dance) are cha based, some amount of it is movement related.
>>
>>50500835
That's more of a consequence of Perform being a Charisma skill that makes no distinction between comedy, singing, playing an instrument, telling an epic and dancing.
>>
>>50500835
Because all perform skills are cha based. That's a weakness in the perform skill.
>>
>>50499673
Bossfights are specifically a PoW character's greatest specialty under most possible builds they could do or be. That's part of where the "problem" lies (also seen with kineticists and gunslingers... that should give you a clue as to the real problem here).

Most AP and the like's "boss fights" are "normal mook but wearing full plate so he's hard to hit that means it's a big long fight". A PoW character either has ways to compensate accuracy-wise and can put enough weight behind a single hit to really punish that, OR, you're using Vs-Touch effects that make the whole boss nothing but a mook again.

PoW's mainly balanced around the action economy; When they're dealing with half a dozen 'lieutenants' instead of one 'big boss' is usually when they're at their worst.

Whether they can handle a horde of minions depends on the particular character though; some will be slaughtered by that, while others that weren't all that good compared to the rest on a 'boss round' could literally wipe the map clean in two turns maximum, no matter how many CR-5 troops there are coming at him.
>>
>>50500927
You know who else blasts bossfights

Paladins.
>>
File: Apoint.jpg (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Apoint.jpg
114KB, 400x400px
>>50500951
>>
>>50500951
I don't disagree.
Barbarians as well.

Hell if your "boss" is just some idiot in full plate that does a single vital strike a round; well isn't that what made them scream that crane-wing was broken?
>>
>>50499589
There is literally both a Spheres AND a Path archetype for every one of those classes.
Thread posts: 516
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.