[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 418
Thread images: 58

File: 1480368996980.jpg (38KB, 355x709px) Image search: [Google]
1480368996980.jpg
38KB, 355x709px
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Uncommon races edition

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50471554
>>
Cute centaur edition!
>>
>>50476612
that looks really cool, the fuckl is that? also Kasotha for life
>>
File: catdog.png (18KB, 785x392px) Image search: [Google]
catdog.png
18KB, 785x392px
>>50476612
>>
>tfw you find people IRL who CANNOT after any amount of explaining understand the idea of a LG character who fights for a change in leadership
>all revolutionaries are CG or CE, no other option
>literally a Good character trying to make the Law Good too
>>
>>50476633
It's the strix from the cover of the Kintargo Contract IIRC.
>>
>>50474693
>New Pacts
Can we get a lycanthrope/skinwalker pact?
>>
>>50476649
uh thank you for carrying on the torch anon
>>
>>50476649
But you're fighting against the law, that makes it Chaotic.
>>
>>50476612
So tell me, /pfg/, how do we fix the Strix?
>>
File: David Bowie Vamp.png (481KB, 272x778px) Image search: [Google]
David Bowie Vamp.png
481KB, 272x778px
I need male names and surnames from ustalav. Barring that, good names for a former vampire hunter.
>>
>>50476664
If the law is bad, a Lawful Good who is slightly more Good than Lawful will want to change it. He will then follow it, having improved and advanced the course of Law.
>>
>>50476667
Give them the 3.5 dragonborn flight progression and then buff up other stuff?
>>
>>50476649
You went to the paizo offices?
>>
>>50476704
But that's unlawful, so he'd be NG at best.
>>
How would /pfg/ go about unfucking Golarion or at least Avistan?
>>
>>50476681

Ustalav is Germanic and Slavic, just take something from there.

Odd how Ustalav is that way, the River Kingdoms are generic fantasy, and Brevoy is suddenly Polish with the Iobarians just being Russians.
>>
>>50476681
Ustalav? Choose anything that is Hungarian, Romanian or Gypsy.

Grigory, Nicolae, Vasile, Fridrik, Sandor, Tamas, Yanko, etc
>>
>>50476749

For FUCK's sake.

>"Corruption in the courts is the greatest corruption of civilization. Without confidence in justice, citizens cannot believe in their countries, and civilization begins to disappear. I will root out corruption wherever I find it, and if a system is fundamentally flawed, I will work to aid citizens by reforming or replacing it."
–Abadar's paladin code

And that's from a Lawful NEUTRAL god.
>>
>>50476749
Doesn't this make the whole good vs evil conflict depend on whether the society/country is good or not then. CG vs LE if a bad country (overthrowing evil overlords and stuff) and LG vs Evil in general if a good country (protecting the good country from evil threats. LE if from an evil empire, CE from destructive entities)
>>
>>50476667
The only thing the strix have going for them is flight, and that advantage basically disappears at 5th level. At low levels they're decent at range, so they need something like natural attacks to try to pull them down into melee. They also need more (and better) options to replace HURR DURR I HATE ALL HUMANS rather than just a tiny boost to nonlethal damage.
>>
>LE

>not the best alignment

Ecks dee.
>>
>>50476814
laughingformerchelishterritories.jpg
>>
>>50476828
>they surely won't conquer us again now that the empire has its shit back together under its no empress
>SURELY.
>>
>>50476707
Doesn't Paizo treat rebellion and revolution as being Always CG, with no evil representation? Or has that changed?
>>
>>50476796
Specifically for a lawful GOOD class
>>
>>50476842

Um, NotFrance is a thing
>>
>>50476760

>Combine Brevoy and Mivon
>Convert River Kingdoms into an HRE analogue
>Gut Numeria and completely redo it as a Brandenburg analogue, meld new country into Not!HRE.
>Put Numeria in Alkenstar
>Molthune now owns Nidal and is actively integrating Nirmathas, a vassal oppressed under their rule
>Thuvia is now known just as well for their Barbary corsairs as they are the Sun Orchid Elixir
>Emphasize Sarenrae's subversive habits
>Replace Iomedae with a proper Sun Goddess or God, gimme something to fucking 4/20 praise it dammit.
>Redo Cheliax with a Spanish theme; get rid of the satans and make them villainous, unscrupulous, dangerously dashing Spaniards.
>Give Molthune a French makeover, make them avid worshippers of this new Sun Deity mentioned prior
>Introduce a proper family-based pantheon; Shelyn and Abadar and others are the children of Erastil and a newly added nature goddess focused around fertility, healing and motherhood. >Give Erastil a heavy angle on his fatherhood aspects to balance the scales

I'm out of ideas.
>>
>>50476760
>Druuma, Worldwound, Andoran, Cheliax, Alkenstar, Ustalav are all close to each other
>Technology is now up to revolvers/shotguns/rifles etc.
>Cheliax is now more British colonialism and financially pressuring Andoran
>Andoran is civil war/1860s/Reconstruction era American history
>Alkenstar is now weird west/Judge Dredd and separates the Worldwound from the rest
>Worldwound is now S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Metro 2033 esque based on initial fluff
>Ustalav remains pretty much as is
>Druuma stayed pretty similar if not a bit more corrupt politically
>>
>>50476932
>cheliax
>spanish

>not ripe to be glorious evil romans

step it up
>>
>>50476760
Do you mean in or out of universe?
>>
>>50476840

To be honest, after the last few APs I could stand for some plucky rebels getting their shit pushed in by Cheliax and needing to get bailed out by LG types. It'd be a nice change of pace.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_na3twj9IdG1rgyhpp.png (571KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_na3twj9IdG1rgyhpp.png
571KB, 500x666px
HAVING LEARNED THAT "LEGENDARY VIGILANTES" WAS NOT JUST SHORTHAND FOR "LEGENDARY VILLAINS - VIGILANTE", QANON HAS HUNTED DOWN THE FORMER AND TROVED THAT TOO. AS WELL AS A RIDICULOUS ASSLOAD OF "MYTHIC MINIS" AND "MYTHIC MONSTERS", AND A HANDFUL OF "ADVENTURE PATH PLUG-INS" (THE IRON GODS ONES ARE PRETTY FUCKING COOL ACTUALLY). THIS ALL LEAD HER TO DISCOVER THAT THE LEGENDARY GAMES FOLDER IS A FUCKING _MESS_, BUT SHE'LL CLEAN THAT SHIT UP TOMORROW BECAUSE FUCK THAT.
>>
>>50476932
>He should be careful, his foe could be devilishly foreign, or worse, CHARMINGLY foreign.
>>
>>50476958
is there an America stand in to have a Steve Rogers Stand in?
>>
>>50476976
Andoran is 'merica.

I think they invented FUTBOL?
>>
>>50476962
QA, any word on Strange Aeons part 3?
>>
>>50476949
Both, whichever is more interesting to you.
>>
>>50476962
Thank you senpai
>>
>>50476962
Thank you blessed Qanon. I've needed the Vigilante pdfs for a little bit, was going to run a cute little Kitsune Vigilante in Jade Regent whose superhero name is 'The Jade Lotus' (uses prestidigitation to show up in a gust of green wind and golden flower petals). Now I have the materials I need to clean up the Warlock archetype!
>>
>>50476941

The Chelish are a naval empire situated in a region roughly where the Iberian Peninsula should be. Pale-skinned perfidious Albion is terribly overdone, same with the Romans.

Give me charming, mustachioed conquistadors and swarthy captains whose intense courtly habits hide villainous intent.
>>
File: Karma_0.jpg (256KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Karma_0.jpg
256KB, 1215x717px
You see this sassy bitch right here? She's the goddess of war in the guide of a monk. She cringed seeing how ineffective the ways her elder monk's teachings were when he got bitch slapped to death in the battlefield for not lifting a finger to defend himself. So now, using force and whatever spiritual magic she's got she defends her dumb ass allies while also kicking ass.
She does it all!
She heals herself and it only becomes stronger when on the brink of death.
She can shield herself and her allies while increasing everyone's speed.
She can pin targets down to make sure they won't run around to do something stupid.
She can blow up anyone that gives her a dirty look.
What class can help me achieve what this little swiss army knife can do or should I keep it simple and reflavor a cleric?
3rd party is always welcome, whatever shoves me towards the right direction.
>>
>>50477008
NOPE
KEEPING OUT AN EYE. SEVERAL EYES, ACTUALLY. THIRTEEN WEEPING EYES WITH THE SLIT PUPILS OF GOATS, WHICH BURST FROM MY JOINTS WITH HISSING SCREAMS.
>>
>>50476976

Andoran is so American their national patron is a divine bald eagle.
>>
>>50476958
Well according to HV after the campaign, a bunch of the following can happen

1. They can corrupt Iomedae's sword.

2. the PC's enter chelish politics

3. The PCs can fucking invade heaven and kill someone they killed earlier even deader, with an army of devils at their back to help. Metal.

4, The PC's can find a way to lure the heroes out Hell's Rebels out of Kintargo, or renounce their allegiance to Thrune to go in there and have le epic pc battle

5. Establish a new hellknight order

6. Help the empire make Isger a formal part of it, as well as possibly Annexing Rahadoum.

7. Could ally with Nidal, whom would presumably then fuck Kintargo into submission with assassins n shit
>>
File: ElAzul_body.jpg (1MB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ElAzul_body.jpg
1MB, 1400x1000px
>>50477033
Could they have magical robots too?
>>
I wound up essentially hitting the jackpot in a pre-game roll with the GM, so my character is functionally omnipotent but pretending not to be as the campaign starts.

So I guess...nothing different. Guess I have a button if we're gonna get wiped, though.
>>
>>50477061

Maybe Serpent's Skull could be about Cortez finding an ancient Numerian bunker in the Mwangi Expanse (which used to be a proud region of techno-kings n sheeiit) and commandeering a suit for himself.

Climax of the campaign is a mech battle on top of an Aztech pyramid.
>>
>>50477082
That sounds retarded, gonna be honest.
>>
>>50477034
Warlord
>>
>>50477231
It is a bit silly, I honestly wasn't expecting it to work first time.

I was expecting...you know, a bit of effort getting it to work properly.
>>
>>50477034
Oracle - Warlord
Battle Templar
>>
>>50477034
>League of legends

Jump off a bridge
>>
File: local wolfgirl demands headpats.png (687KB, 1000x1050px) Image search: [Google]
local wolfgirl demands headpats.png
687KB, 1000x1050px
>>50477061
>still no Horizon season 3

I still believe, but every season without an announcement hurts me a little inside.
>>
>>50477335

What's it feel like to get a headpat, lads?
>>
>>50477335
WE'LL BE FREE
JUST BELIEVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYYlzl-4Xs

;_;
>>
>>50477282
>>50477300
Looking at these suggestions and I'm finding some interesting and appealing stuff here, thanks.
If you got any more suggestions I'm more than eager to hear 'em out.

>>50477321
We've all lost friends to this dastardly vidya game, I'm here for you.
>>
>>50476842
As >>50476846 said, Galt is a revolution that's so fucked that the CG goddess of revolution withdrew her support.
>>
File: Kyoukai Senjou Horizon.jpg (408KB, 3078x679px) Image search: [Google]
Kyoukai Senjou Horizon.jpg
408KB, 3078x679px
>>50477401
FOREVER IN YOUR ARMS IS WHERE I WANT TO BEEEEE
>>
>>50477567
That line of character designs goes from 'okay' to 'utterly terrible'
>>
>>50477587
your typical pathfinder group then.
You've got naked Incubus Bards, Android Dragon Disciple with the torture domain, Lesbian Celestian Cleric/Alchemist and Wizard, Zwei Sent who took ALL the gotta go fast feats and disciplines, cute Awoo waifu, useless ninja and innocent lewd shrine maiden
>>
>>50477587
Fuck you man!

Horizon's cast is what I wish all of my parties were like.
>diverse power sets
>no huge gaps of power level (besides the minor guys like the curry dude, the gel, and the devil.
>Everybody gets a waifu.
What's not to love?
>>
>>50477636
I said character designs, man, I don't know about power sets/power levels or waifus.
>>
>>50477587
some of them have really interesting concepts though.

Neshinbara and Shakespeare are reality warping bards who uses performance (playwriting) to recreate living illusions of theatre plays.

As an attack.
>>
>>50477645
Bards that are summoners maybe.
>>
>>50477653
Nah, they were definitely illusion effects. Its just that performance (playwriting) increases the DC to disbelieve the better you are at narrating the plot.
>>
File: n30sndraLb1reryqxo1_400.gif (2MB, 350x188px) Image search: [Google]
n30sndraLb1reryqxo1_400.gif
2MB, 350x188px
>>50477535

My friends stayed the hell away from that game, partly on my recommendation. It's not the kind of game you want to subject people you like to.

Which is not to say there weren't some fun things in it.
>>
>>50477677
Not to mention the whole "armament of deadly sins" helping Shakespear and the writing convention helping Neshinbara.

What a fun series.
>>
>>50477636
>no huge gaps of power level

Shirojiro the jew can literally pay his god to recreate spells and conjure objects out of nothing as long as he can foot the bill.

Its tier 1 wizard bullshit since he can conjure raw materials and just craft them to magical items and sell it for double the profit.
>>
File: aeqeeqw1213.gif (1MB, 310x434px) Image search: [Google]
aeqeeqw1213.gif
1MB, 310x434px
>>50477366

Like happiness.
>>
File: superjew.jpg (451KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
superjew.jpg
451KB, 1920x1080px
>>50477715
I never get to post this, I'm super happy right now.

Did you miss the entirety of the tobokiri and Futayo? or Kimi's "Nah fuck you, I'm beautiful" defense?
>>
>>50477715
He took the character flaw: Jew though.

He will never overspend, having to calculate the right amount of gold needed to solve an encounter.
>>
>>50477645
Again, I'm just talking about their visual character designs, not their concepts.
>>
>>50477739
Tonbokiri is 'disintegrate-on-a-stick.'

Kimi's summit dance is legit in PF. But you have to gestalt Dancer Bard + Paladin + Lore Oracle for the SR, AC, Saves and DR.
>>
>>50477774
Is Horizon just a well run PF game? They seem to have everything.
>>
File: DM allowed DSP.webm (3MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
DM allowed DSP.webm
3MB, 427x240px
>Horizonbros on /pfg/

Been a while since I got to post this
>>
>>50477796
Before Horizon, Kawakami made Obstacle Overture, which is a tabletop setting based heavily on d20 rulesets.

If you notice that you can run Horizon characters in PF, its because the world and classes operate on similar d20 tabletop frameworks.
>>
>>50476962
What's good, QANON? Where've you been for the past few months?
>>
>>50477810
We never leave, anon.

Not until s3 and mama-awoo.

>>50477829
I'm not surprised, other than the level of metaphysics and magic rules that horizon has is way more complex than anything in d20 from what I've seen.
>>
>>50477829
Japan has a bunch of LN authors who TTRPG.

Gen Urobuchi of Fate Zero has played CoC.
Kamachi of To Aru has played the Japanese tabletop equivalent of M&M
Mamare of Log Horizon went and made his own Log Horizon tabletop game
the author of DRRR slightly based his Baccano characters off of an old campaign he played with friends. (Hence why you get silly duo Isaac and Miria and minmaxing edgelords like Railtracer)
>>
File: bunnies.png (132KB, 269x254px) Image search: [Google]
bunnies.png
132KB, 269x254px
So I'm playing a Life Oracle who just wants to protect his friends and doesn't really like fighting, but his friends have to, so he tries to be there anyways.

Any recommendations?
>>
Can someone help me with my back story? its for Hell's Vengence. Trying to justify why a guy from Ustalav is in Cheliax.

Crimson Count Harbringer / Soulknife

Nicolae Krause was a simple man. He ran an Apiary with his wife and young son in a small hamlet in Southern Ustalav. All was well until a roving band descended upon the hamlet and raised it to the ground, killing indiscriminately, looting what they could and setting fire to all the buildings. They could be mistaken for common bandits until Nicolae saw a pair of them draining the blood from his wife and young son's open wounds. He focused his hate into razor's edge, and a blade was formed in his hand.

He charged the pair and succeeded in cutting off the hand of one of the creatures before the burning house they were in collapsed upon them.

When the Smoke settled, Nicolae dug himself from the smoldering ashes of his home. He then swore to avenge his family's death.He gathered what survivors there were, and led them to follow the band of vampires. Their first attempts had little effect. They turned to ever extreme tactics, often times leaving more casualties than their vampire foes. Soon the survivors had struck fear into their dead hearts and they fled the country to the southeast. The survivors emboldened, their assaults grew more vicious.

They chased the vampires across several countries, and casualties on both sides mounted, Until they both arrived in Cheliax; Only Nicolae and the two vampires that preyed on his family remained.

He staked both vampires and bled them dry in the streets of a populated town, and waited until they roasted in the sunlight. He felt the blood he spilled empower him, as if the blood was rewarding him for slaughter.

With nowhere to go and his vengeance complete, he simply remained in Cheliax. He found himself devoid of purpose. He decided to continue as a mercenary.

Living, Undead, it didn't matter anymore. The thrill of the blood he would spill would be enough.
>>
File: sad megumin.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
sad megumin.png
755KB, 767x720px
>>50477870
>Not mentioning Overlord's author.
The spells and abilities in that anime was straight up copying word per word the D&D spellbook

>the author of DRRR slightly based his Baccano characters off of an old campaign he played with friends. (Hence why you get silly duo Isaac and Miria and minmaxing edgelords like Railtracer)

>you will never have your campaign adapted into a popular anime
>>
>No mention of Lodoss
C'mon son.
>>
>>50477870
Nasu of Type-Moon got a really autistic campaign he ran for friends, including Urobuchi, made into an anime. It was garbage.
>>
>slayers

>Literally a show about a crazy ass murderhobo mage and a retarded knight.

>not the best
>>
>>50477872
>Any recommendations?
For what?
>>
File: cool[1].jpg (109KB, 1023x575px) Image search: [Google]
cool[1].jpg
109KB, 1023x575px
>>50477870
>Gen Urobuchi of Fate Zero has played CoC.

Gille's De Rais was literally summoning chthulhu
>>
>>50477881
edgy/10
>>
>>50477934

This is the intended reaction.
>>
>>50477872
>Any recommendations?
I had half a mind to just say "Boku no Pico" before I realized I wasn't on /a/.
>>
>>50477925
>when Chuuni goes too far
>>
>>50477920
Any spells or abilities that fit well with a pacifist oracle.

I figured Sanctuary would work well. That kinda stuff.
>>
>>50477913
you mean Red Dragon?
Yeah, the anime is boring because it definitely felt like autistic wish-fulfillment bullshit for each character.
>>
>>50477701
Yeah its a shitty copy of dota who would want to play it
>>
So quick question about the world of Golarion, does rubber exist?
>>
File: Gilles_de_Rais_Key_Artwork.png (220KB, 581x683px) Image search: [Google]
Gilles_de_Rais_Key_Artwork.png
220KB, 581x683px
>>50477925
I realised the two main anime adaptations of Gilles de Rais are about as far apart as absolutely possible.
>>
>>50477970
I just realised, look at those fucking belts.
>>
>>50477881
>>50477939
I mean here's what i'd say

This backstory is certainly full of edge, but it lacks any of the FUN edge

At the end edge you have just another murderhobo with no other qualities, and no real personality. I mean its HV, everyone's gotta be an edgy edgelord of edges (Hell, Shizuka is edge AS FUCK), but I guess what I'm saying is...

Whats the catch? Whats to draw me into liking this guy? He doesn't seem fun. He seems like the typical edgelord thats occupying a dark corner of a non-euclidean tavern designed to have enough dark corners for all the generic edgelords inside.
>>
>>50477974
>looking at the belts
>not looking at the gigantic hands
>>
>>50477958
Yes, it's a material component in rubberskin.
>>
>>50477958
I ask because if so I have one simple followup question, why does the Sling exist but not the SlingSHOT? Or is that in some expansion I'm unaware of?
>>
>>50477989
I mean he might have deformities, that's not his fault, but he essentially made a net of belts to be a straight-jacket for his legs.

That's a choice.
>>
>>50477945
If you haven't already, get your hands on the Energy Body and Channel Revelations. The Selective Channeling and Extra Channel feats are great if you can spare the feats for them, and lets you use channeling as your main source of healing.

Protection from [ALIGNMENT], and the Communal version of it are great, depending on what your dealing with.

Command is never a bad idea, and is one of those things that gets more flexible the more creative you are. On the same vein, Forbid Action.

Detection spells give you some utility. Spam Detect Magic. You get Detect Undead for free from the Life Mystery.
>>
File: GIANT FUCKING HANDS.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GIANT FUCKING HANDS.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>50478025
>Not knowing who the author of Drifters is

Its like you don't even respect giant hand man.
>>
>>50478021
Functionally the Sling Staff is a slingshot.

Despite the name, the sling and slingshot have very little to do with each other in terms of weapon mechanics. (not the game ones, but how the weapon generates force)
>>
>>50477983

That's a fair, point, I think i was too caught up in trying to get him from Ustalav to Cheliax...

Any suggestions? I'll take anything. I was gonna go for David Bowie. But i cant really pull off David Bowie.
>>
>all this Horizon love

Save you from anything.
>>
>>50478044
I knew who he was, but jesus I never noticed the hands.
>>
Is there a way to make an archery focused initiator that doesn't suck?
>>
>>50477983
>He seems like the typical edgelord thats occupying a dark corner of a non-euclidean tavern designed to have enough dark corners for all the generic edgelords inside.

>tfw your dm makes all tavern rooms round and cornerless
>>
>>50478049
Let me think on it.
>>
>>50478069
>non-euclidean tavern
Edgardo's Spirit lives on!
>>
>>50478021
The Sling is a strip of leather holding a rock and launching it with the power of centrifugal force.

The Slingshot is a rubber band holding a rock and launching it with the power of elastic rebound force.

Both are very different.
>>
File: HUGE FUCKING HANDS MAN.jpg (22KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
HUGE FUCKING HANDS MAN.jpg
22KB, 500x322px
>>50478060
Dude this is like the single most identifiable thing about Hirano's work. That and his weird eyes.
>>
>>50478045
>>50478085
I'm well aware, but you have to admit that the Sling probably inspired the slingshot when it was being created.
>>
>>50477774
>Tonbokiri is 'disintegrate-on-a-stick.'
And then it disintegrates concepts, not just objects or people.
>>
>>50478069
I know I've seen that image somewhere before, but my google-fu failed me. Does anyone have it?
>>
>>50478113
nope. the sling's big brother is the trebuchet in terms of physics involved.

The slingshot's big brother is the bow.
>>
>>50478069
That's not easy to do with available building materials.

>>50478096
I guess I was so distracted by the eyes.

>>50478113
The slingshot was invented many millenia afterwards (1840s at the earliest), and had many names in several languages. English just likes tying things together afterwards.
>>
>>50478140
too bad a sling can't launch a 90kg projectile 300 meters
>>
File: murasaki.gif (788KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
murasaki.gif
788KB, 500x281px
>>50478140
Arguably the trebuchet's big brother is the sling.

Smaller, yeah, but it's been around and there for way longer.

>>50478146
>>50478096
Forgot reference image for eyes
>>
File: 1411430724530.jpg (356KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1411430724530.jpg
356KB, 1357x1920px
Am I a horrible person for mixing Wizard (Admixture) and Sorcerer (Arcane - Sage) in a gestalt game?

I wanted to make a pyro who wants to spread the good word of the all cleansing flame. I was going to do cleric but nothing really meshes for the other half. Except Cleric/Druid but I feel like that is worse.
>>
File: integra.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
integra.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>50478166
don't forget the shining eye things he loves

The only thing missing from Drifters is lots of GLASSES
>>
>>50478206
don't do two full caster halves, its bad and it'll make everyone hate you
>>
>>50478155
Bloodrager here.
Fuck You. and Challenge Accepted.
>>
>>50478221
Do it using a counterweight too
>>
>>50478217

How am I suppose to fulfill my dreams of fire then?
>>
>>50478291
You can output more than enough fire with one casting half. Glorious, glorious pyromania is fully within your grasp, especially as a sorcerer.

I would suggest instead picking up a side to skillmonkey or let you stab things.
>>
Some roll20 protips for those who don't know, since it happens more than you think

You can set the grid of your map to account for PF movement. Your first diagonal will be 5 ft, but the second diagonal will be another 10 ft away rather than 5 ft, as per the rules.

You can show your exact movement and how much you move by doing the trick in this gif.
>>
File: 1474608805216.png (4MB, 2046x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1474608805216.png
4MB, 2046x1447px
>>50478291
Spheres
>>
File: PATH OF EXPLOSIONS.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PATH OF EXPLOSIONS.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>>50478319
>>
>>50478291
Sorcerer and Pyrokineticist
>>
>>50478206

>Am I a horrible person for mixing Wizard (Admixture) and Sorcerer (Arcane - Sage)

Yes. You want Dragon and/or Elemental bloodline for Sorcerer. Might as well go Oracle for the other half, and pick the Blackened curse.
>>
File: 244797.jpg (48KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
244797.jpg
48KB, 225x350px
>>50478214
I think that's only because most characters are pre-glasses (at least in their regions/cultures).

I have a distinct feeling the big-tittied supporting female character with light hair (now with glasses) is a...shall we say preference of his.
>>
>Planning on making an Anti-Paladin + Bloodrager as my Hell's Vengeance character
>Settled on Hobgoblin
How well does "My right is the right to rule." fit into Hell's Vengeance. I planned on it being crazy Oda Nobunaga wants to conquer sort of character.
>>
What's a good place to start for someone who has never played a tabletop rpg? Is there a good pathfinder tutorial to show me the ropes before my first game?
>>
File: sera.jpg (115KB, 773x1032px) Image search: [Google]
sera.jpg
115KB, 773x1032px
>>50478353
I have no idea what you're talking about, Olminu and Seras look nothing alike.
>>
>>50478309

That leads me to fire resistance problems though.

>>50478319

How hard is SoP to learn?

>>50478328

I thought kineticist was super bad?

>>50478330

I didnt think about oracle. I usually dont like playing cha based because it almost always leads me to being the party face and I hate that. I thought about sorcerer/summoner too and making a fire elemental eidolon
>>
>>50478291
Sorcerer Orc / Elementalist

Take Warlord focusing on Elemental Flux and Mithral Current.

Focus on the mithral current maneuvers that make someone vulnerable to silver.

Take the Elemental Current feat so when you make them vulnerable to silver, you instead make them vulnerable to your active element (fire).

If your GM is cool with it, go for Bladecaster so you can strike/blast with the same action.
>>
>>50478358
Probably not that great since you end up working for the empress of Cheliax.

Flavor it as him maybe seeing himself rather poor for rule himself, but he wants to elevate another and help them.
>>
>>50478385
>>50478385
Mmmhmmmmmm
>>
>>50478378

That doesnt sound too bad. Has a pic related feel to it.
>>
>>50478385
>Flavor it as him maybe seeing himself rather poor for rule himself, but he wants to elevate another and help them.
That sounds terrible. I'd much rather it be assisting her to the throne with the plan of grabbing up land/power to turn on her when the time is right.
>>
>>50478372
>I thought kineticist was super bad?
That's the punchline
>>
>>50478412

I did think about using it. But I just cant get over it, even with stamina in use.
>>
>>50478404
Seriously, thats Oda Nobunaga's whole deal in Drifters

Of course you can be working within the system and believe yourself the one true ruler... Just.. Just waiting for the proper time to take your place.
>>
>>50478409
It's especially good if you have a few other guys in the party who can use fire spells, since the target is vulnerable to all fire, not just your's.

Light 'em up
>>
>>50478426
Yeah, I know, I just figured those two posts were the same guy

Being the power behind the curtain can be the real power.
>>
>>50478049
>>50477983

I might have something to jump off at.

Well he's a Crimson Count(ess) who spent a siginfigant amount of time fighting vampires. He must of realized that there's power in blood. I mean he obviously uses it.

He's journey started as Justice/Vengence, but now its a journey of self improvement/ attaining more power. Something that the Diabolists of House Thrune can offer.
>>
>>50478371
I thought her name was Police Girl?
>>
Is there an initiating Anti-paladin Archetype? How would I make one?

Should I just play an Insinuator and spend the bonus feats on Martial Training?
>>
>>50478580
I want you to stop being gross!
>>
Kaijitsus of Rise of the Jade Regent, I summon you all!
>>
File: Kaijistu Force ASSEMBLE!!.jpg (432KB, 1298x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kaijistu Force ASSEMBLE!!.jpg
432KB, 1298x720px
>>50478861
Onryou! Present and accounted for!
>>
what is a cool gestalt for a zon-kuthonite?

preferably with use of the spiked chain
>>
>>50478861
Goddammit and I was about to go to sleep, too.
>>
>>50478932
honestly i have no idea
>>
>>50478861
Kanela Kaijitsu standing by!
>>
>>50478360
>What's a good place to start for someone who has never played a tabletop rpg?
Not playing Pathfinder.
>>
>>50477835
THE CLEANERS DRIED UP, AND QANON COULDN'T AFFORD TO BUY THE BOOKS HERSELF THIS TIME BECAUSE SHE LOST HER JOB, SO THERE WAS NO NEED FOR HER SERVICES.
>>
>>50478907
>>50479008
>>50479046
We need one more Kaijitsu to have an elite force to reckon with.
>>
File: Really.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
Really.gif
4MB, 204x204px
>>50479197

The story of my life
>>
>>50479197
Can you confirm or deny the rumors that Qanon has jumped ship to our hated rivals at /5eg/?
>>
>>50479284
does 5e evne have slyphs
>>
>>50479291
Air Genasi
>>
>>50479207
We've already got Ameiko and Amaya
>>
So, anyone got Horror Realms yet?
>>
>>50479526
Nope but I am looking forward to Qanon for upload it in the trobe since it has rules four haunted by Androffan scientist ghost technology.
>>
>>50477881
Wasnt he a dhampir as well?

>How did your character acquire their class / learn their powers

Remember that while soulknives are largely self taught, Harbingers usually have a mentor, unless they're getting their power from their bloodline - even then there may be a little bit of coaxing.

If your character was just living happily married until ONE DAY THE VAMPIRE NATION ATTACKED, I'd say its probably likely that they may have found a mentor somewhere to guide them along the PATH OF WAR:SUPERMAN 4 - THE JOURNEY FOR PEACE.

Crimson Count harbingers operate in particular off of RAGE. They specialize in wrath and vengeance, these are people who are so angry that many percieve them to be calm - simply by virtue of not being able to understand the sheer unfathomable depths of their rage.

I'm reminded of fatal and the rabbit from eve online; they grew up in a society that allowed for no family, no love, no camraderie - and when they broke free of it, they found *brotherhood*. When fatal 'died' (due to a faulty clone that left him a vegetable), the rabbit was so unfathomably mad that others couldnt understand the impossible scope of it - it was a cold and simmering anger that would upend the foundations of the galaxy. The Rabbit wants his 'brother' back, and it can never be, so he will rip apart the ones that were responsible for his death.

Maybe Nicolae's wife taught him the basics of martial arts and a tiny bit of magic (potentially being something like a former paladin)... and through his now-twisted worldview, Nicolae has with his negative emotions corrupted what she taught him and turned it into his harbinger abilities.

Tie it into the story - maybe the people who murdered his family were tied to a hellknight order and he's still tracking them down. Maybe House Thrune has the answers he needs.
>>
>>50477970
Fate gilles was after Jeanne was burned as a witch in a very political move. He lost his faith / tried summoning demons to get her back or take petty vengeance against god / those who were responsible for her death.

Guy came completely unglued and like most of france was absolutely fucking pissed over Jeanne's death.
>>
>>50479207
I wanted to make a soulknife / vigilante (serial killer) jel kajitsu with a general theme of "my younger/older sister cant be this evil/murderous".
>>
What would Multiclass or Gestalt best with the avowed anyways? Is there anything that would really combine in a way that makes you think "this is awesome"?
>>
File: DragonLanceRuinedSlingStaffs.jpg (2MB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
DragonLanceRuinedSlingStaffs.jpg
2MB, 3200x2400px
>>50478045
Unless you mean the dumbass Kender version, no, the sling staff is not a slingshot. It is a sling mounted on a stick so you can swing it with more torque.
>>
>>50479742
Vivisectionist works better for that.
>>
File: NHLIprj.jpg (155KB, 569x800px) Image search: [Google]
NHLIprj.jpg
155KB, 569x800px
How do I make a gunslinger as tacticool as possible?
>>
>>50480260
By playing a savage technologist and going in for CQC.
>>
I want to make a ranged brutality-blade. A uh, "boltzerker", if you will. But brutality seems to alter shape and throw blade, so I can't just 'bolt' it.

Surely there's a way to pull this off?
>>
How do I convince my GM that loves PoW to allow spherecasting in his game?
>>
>>50480808
Have him look at it, and explain it lowers the power of Casters?
>>
File: TK Bolt.png (160KB, 316x244px) Image search: [Google]
TK Bolt.png
160KB, 316x244px
>>50480647
Sorry for the delay, I was busy being a faggot. Same book as the Brutality blade.
>>50480847
Why doesn't he allow spherecasting?
>>
>>50480919
That'll do. I was under the impression it wasn't allowed for some reason...
>>
So there's this guy on my table who's using a super oversized sword and is taking -6 on all his attacks despite having stuff like titan mauler and titan fighter class levels.

Is there anyway I can help him feel more useful in battles?
>>
>>50481138

Give him a hot brown girlfriend, rape her retarded later in the story.
>>
>>50480919
He hates magic of all kind. He loves PoW, and I tried explaining to him that it brings magic down to PoW level, more or less, but he refuses to believe me.

Meanwhile, I play a sorcerer and he punishes every little spell I cast.
>>
>>50481144
I think that's a Berserk reference, but I don't think I'll acknowledge it.

For further info the party also has a ranged Stalker, a cleric (who's nice enough to keep buffing the fighter, but it's still not nearly enough), and a bushi warlord.
>>
>>50481161
>PoW lover
>Hates magic
Man, that never stops being funny.
>>
File: aotc.png (324KB, 310x493px) Image search: [Google]
aotc.png
324KB, 310x493px
There's classes that can make your weapon fuckoff huge without resorting to retarded penalties.

Grab Aegis, Grab this with akashic customization + Powerful build and you should be basically 'on par' of what you should be with a fuckoff huge weapon.

>>50481161
Bring him here we'll talk some sense into him.
>>
>>50481171
He came into tabletop being told Magic is bad by his minmaxing mentor, and yet his first character was a fey foundling tiefling paladin of Ragathiel with the rage domain to grab the lesser celestial totem, running around with 10 con and not giving a fuck, while spamming UMD and his Paladin spells.

He thinks that's perfectly fine and okay, but that my level 2 sorcerer is on the verge of breaking the game despite the fact his DMPC hits for 30+ damage every round with their maneuvers.
>>
>>50481178
Oh what's that from?
I've honestly never seen it before.

Well, another issue is the player has an allergy to ultimate psionics, for some reason. But I'll probably grant him some fuckhuge magic sword with no penalty, since he still won't be as useful as the PoW players.
>>
>>50481214
Just make sure he never dies so the PoW players don,t steal his sword from him, or tie it to his bloodline or something.
>>
>>50481202
That sounds fucking terrible.
Man, PF as a system has major flaws. Chief among which is the inherent customization and how every fucker justifies it with 'ooooh but my mastery over the system is supposed to reward me'.
>>
File: 1480469975137.jpg (458KB, 1920x2716px) Image search: [Google]
1480469975137.jpg
458KB, 1920x2716px
>>50481214
Akashic mysteries.
It's fun. I hope the initiator/veilweaver comes out this year.

Hey Forrest, Gareth. Are we getting the Pharaoh soon? Any news?
>>
>>50481226
Nah, the PoW dudes are chill.
Bushi guy just sticks to his fucking adamantine katana for everything, from cooking to killing to chopping wood.
The ranged guy probably has less use for a fuckhuge sword.

Both of them are the ones who suggested I help the guy anyways.
>>
>>50481230
He's the reason why I keep bashing Ragathiel, really. He really went the extra mile of detect and smite. Not only that, but he also used a phylactery as a crutch and RP justifcation (that he wore like on his wrist because the GM allowed him to change the slot), basically asking if he'd fall before attacking the random dude that just pinged as evil.
>>
File: Werebat Girl 05.jpg (595KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Werebat Girl 05.jpg
595KB, 1600x1600px
What are some good maneuvers for a Hidden Blade/Dusk Knight? Planning on the Moonlight Stalker feat chain and eventually TWF a ways down the line, but only just getting into PoW so thought I should ask.
>>
>>50481274
What disciplines do you have access to?
>>
>>50481274
Okay, she's interesting enough I want to create more about this race as a race, as opposed to as a werebat lady.

Especially since someone actually has her arms done correctly.
>>
>>50481295
Hidden blade starts with Mithral Current, Thrashing Dragon, and Veiled Moon
>>
>>50481306
Are you planning on keeping those? What level are you?
>>
>>50481305
Bloodmarked skinwalker is my plan, follows Kelinahat, the ebon winged empryeal lady of spies and secrets.
>>
>>50481320
3rd level to start, and no idea that's why I'm asking. Dragon seems to be good for TWF at least and the others fit some of her themes.
>>
Hey /tg/ i'm looking for a way to build a Charakter that can fight with a lot of weapons and can change them on the fly.
Something like Erza Scarlett.
We're level 12 20 BP and no 3pp. Is something like that Possible?
>>
>>50476749
It's unlawful to submit to a corrupt law, tho.
>>
>>50481138
Remove penalties, give him AoE cleaves.
>>
>>50481342
So really, PoW has a really high floor. Selecting maneuvers at random won't hinder you too much.

Mithral Current is the weeb Iiado iiajutsu or some other spelling discipline. Veiled Moon is an ethereal/teleporting discipline, and Thrashing Dragon is a dual wielding one. Sort of.

You also get your choice of Broken Blade, Tempest Gale, and Shattered Mirror due to your first level class feature. Broken Blade is unarmed, Tempest Gale is ranged weapons (So if you plan on throwing...), and Shattered Mirror is a grab bag of assorted candies.

Finally, I believe you can trade out one of your disciplines for Fool's Errand.

So this gives you a total of 4 to play with. If you do not like one, it takes either a trait, or joining a tradition to swap them out.

Personally, I like my thematics, so I'd drop out one of the disciplines for Steel Serpent. Poison maneuvers, basically. Its not the best discipline right now (Eratta when), but it's serviceable and has some neat tricks.

Once you figure out what you want your rogue to do besides dual weilding, we can work something out.

On the subject of Moonlight Stalker, it seems to be very feat heavy for not a whole lot of benefit. PoW has style feats for each discipline, so it might be worth looking into those!

Lotta words, but real simple. Let me know what you think and then we can grab some maneuvers.
>>
>>50477034
Unchained Monk.
>>
File: 127947710138.jpg (1004KB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
127947710138.jpg
1004KB, 1400x1800px
>>50477040
Are you sure you're not the horrifying love child of XS and Mr. Rage?
>>
how physically good are you with 17 Acrobatics, 14 Swim and 14 Climb? Are you above irl human level? Can you fight against an octopus pirate man while on the yard of a vessel, while on a whirlpool while on a storm?
>>
>>50481888

Yes, actually; severely slippery, severely angled and storm conditions are +15 to a DC 10 check.

You could take 10 and come out all fine!
>>
>>50476632

>tfw no overly proud ex-military Centaur girl put into retirement
>>
>>50481915
Different anon but actually i don't think you can take 10 on acrobatics or on a storm.
>>
>>50482023
>thfw still no option to bash with Tower Shields
>Can't add spikes or a boss or anything to a Tower Shield
I just wanna be a good wall
>>
>>50482023
Sorry, didn't mean to quote you in>>50482202
Phone posting is annoying
>>
What did everyone think of Wes Schneider's vampire hunter d supplement?
>>
>>50479284
5e is objectively superior.
>>
>>50482234
5e is superior in many aspects, but not on all aspects, or at least not objectively superior on all aspects.
>>
>>50479284
>>50482234
QANON does play a lot of 5e, she talks about it near-constantly in the IRC. It would be annoying, if her storytimes weren't actually pretty interesting sometimes.
>>
>>50482202
You can if you're a swashbuckler with a certain ability iirc.
>>
File: Stupendous Strength.jpg (472KB, 618x651px) Image search: [Google]
Stupendous Strength.jpg
472KB, 618x651px
>>50482202
Here you go, friend. this is from the Savage Races DSP book, with the monster class for ogre.
>>
>>50482287
Since when did Swashbuckler get Towershield abilities? Or are you talking about something else?
>>
>>50482289
Twin Laser Cannons here I fucking come.
>>
>>50482331
Fuck I misquoted, sorry. Meant to respond to
>>50482023
>>
File: Mighty Frame.jpg (431KB, 636x606px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty Frame.jpg
431KB, 636x606px
>>50482352
it gets better if you take this feat, which is from Bloodforge
>>
>>50482382
Don't worry, I was already Aegis.
>>
>>50482382

Can a half-giant take this and have Powerful Build+?
>>
>>50481556
Cool, thanks for the sggestions. And sorry if slow, phonepostan at work.

Anyway, it's a gestalt of Dusk Knight paladin and unchained Hidden Blade. Shadow Smite replaces smite damage with concealment against the target and Moonlight Feint makes feinting a swift action so long as I have concealment. Aside from eventual TWF (Moonlight is a hungry feat chain even with feat tax removal), I want to look into staying mobile and having ways to deal with nonevil foes orimmune to SA.
>>
>>50478577
Some anon homebrewed one a while back and shared it here
>>
>>50482402
Well, you can take it a second time, but they don't stack, because they both say "as if you were one size larger"

so, yeah, you can, but it doesn't help you in any way.
>>
File: Orx-005ex-03.jpg (26KB, 297x400px) Image search: [Google]
Orx-005ex-03.jpg
26KB, 297x400px
>>50482402
No, both just give you exactly powerful build.

But powerful build will stack with something like expansion, and then again with augment-weapon or armory of the conqueror on individual weapons.

You could be large, counting as huge, and wielding a huge that counts as Gargantuan as an offhand light, and a Gargantuan counting as Colossal II or so in your mainhand...
>>
So what is it that you like about the pathfinder setting over DnD?
>>
File: 1407103599410.jpg (1MB, 1591x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1407103599410.jpg
1MB, 1591x1263px
Depending on which D&D you're talking about, there's basically no difference.

5e's set in forgotten realms, which is about as generic as late-medieval fantasy can get; but earlier editions were no less kitchen-sink. People often forget that robots and aliens were even back in greyhawk.

I think the biggest gripe with pathfinder's setting that I have (others may instead bitch out the existence of guns, numeria, alkenstar and martials) is that they completely and utterly failed to put things next to each-other in a way that could make sense.
>>
>>50482555
Depends on the setting. Eberron is great, but I like golarion more than FR.
>>
>>50482613
Does starfinder look remotely promising. I head good things but my friends are biased
>>
>>50482613
5e, PF aren't "set" in anything. They have a default, optional setting that is associated with the game.
>>
>>50482613
>tfw alkenstar, numeria, guns, barbarians and the worldwound aren't all next to each other.
I guess they don't like to rip and tear.
>>
>>50482627
I'm heavily on the fence.
The biggest argument in there right now is some creeps claiming (even though it was shown that there's more international sales total than just american) that metric would be bad, confusing and unintuitive and that the entire system even though it's set in space should stick to imperial measurements even for long distances, because converting meters to kilometers is hard but you can do furlongs to nautical miles instinctively.

I really don't know, honestly. I suspect it'll be "magic wins the day always", making half the books completely obsolete *AGAIN*, in no small part thanks to big expensive hyperdrives being completely outclassed by some asshole snapping his fingers.
>>
>>50482636
Numeria and the Realm of the Mammoth Lords are pretty close to Mendev and the Worldwound, though.
>>
>>50482671
I'd love for a dynamic o exist between a super scientist and a magic user in this sort of setting, like Stark and Strange Buddy cops, I've always seen magic and science as like learning different languages, learning the second one becomes much harder after learning the first,e specially after learning it to a great level of fluency
>>
>>50482765
Some of the forums are very much against it, even discussing sometimes as if it was already a certainty.

"Well sure there's technological engines; maybe they allow you to go through an existing stargate or something; but there's also the magical versions, where you have your own hyperdrive" and other suchbullshit.
>>
>>50482765
But anon it's proven that the more languages you learn the easier it becomes to learn more because it keeps the language center of the brain active
>>
>>50482806
oh.... then I'm just shit and learning new languages
>>
>>50482788
why are they against it? whats wrong with letting tech and magic be on equal terms?
>>
>>50476840
>implying anyone has the resources for conquest when there's DEMONS pouring out of the everything up north
>>
Can you run if you have flight speed? and if you have swim speed? and if you have climb speed?

I'm asking because if not, my char with 90 land speed is faster at swiming and climbing than creatures with actual swim and climb speed, and sounds weird, cool for me but weird.
>>
It looks like DDS released an adventure module + bestiary for spheres of power at DriveThruRPG.
>>
>>50481202
>He thinks that's perfectly fine and okay, but that my level 2 sorcerer is on the verge of breaking the game despite the fact his DMPC hits for 30+ damage every round with their maneuvers.
>DMPC hitting for 30+ damage at second level
Stop letting him GM or alternatively, leave the group. He's clearly beyond saving.
>>
>>50483187
Isn't that absolutely trivial for an initiator.
>>
>>50483207
Not unless he's damage focused, and I'm pretty sure getting above 30DPR isn't TRIVIAL even then.

The exact numbers aren't important anyway, the main problem is having a DMPC in the first place. And it's clearly not the good kind either, a DMPC focused on damage dealing is guaranteed to steal the spotlight at least some of the time.
>>
>>50483295
>Not unless he's damage focused
So an initiator?
>>
>>50483325
You don't HAVE to make initiator focused solely on dealing the best possible DPR, you know.
>>
>>50483325
Initiators aren't all damage focused, ya gorm. For instance, if he was playing a proper Warder, the character would be focused on making sure his party members weren't getting stabbed to death, and taking the right maneuvers for that.
>>
>>50483370
No, but you will still deal a lot of damage without trying to.
>>
>>50483072
No one?
>>
>>50482414
Veiled Moon is a good mobile discipline, if memory serves. It also has a blur stance for concealment
>>
>>50483072
>>50483512
Yes, you can run while performing any movement type; but only so long as you have a movement speed related to that movement type.
>>
>>50483512
Don't listen to >>50483595
>If a creature with a climb speed chooses an accelerated climb (see above), it moves at double its climb speed (or at its land speed, whichever is slower) and makes a single Climb check at a –5 penalty. Such a creature retains its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) while climbing, and opponents get no special bonus to their attacks against it. It cannot, however, use the run action while climbing.
You can't run with climb speed

As for swim speed
>A creature with a swim speed can move through water at its indicated speed without making Swim checks. It gains a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform a special action or avoid a hazard. The creature can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered when swimming. Such a creature can use the run action while swimming, provided that it swims in a straight line.
Seems you can
>>
So, which PoW discipline is the aoe one?
>>
>>50483731
Elemental Flux has a few AoE maneuvers. as does Solar Wind.
>>
>>50483417
You'll do /good/ damage without trying.
Gamebreaking numbers is only if you're actively looking for the best option.

I introduced PoW to some players and told them to pick what looked cool, one of them took a Ravenlord with Hourglass and Moon and his DPR is a lot lower than the rest of the group, even with bird.
>>
>>50483769

>tfw I love Elemental Flux so much but it's overpowered as all heck

I just want to be flashy like Lady Maria!
>>
I still feel PoW makes the issue worse by skyrocketing damage tho.
>>
>>50484012
But what does that extra damage do? Isn't it just overkill? If the damage would already equal current HP+con, what's the problem with more?
>>
>>50484012

When the PCs have more gun, they have more fun!

The best way to counteract more gun is to put more targets on the battlefield. Beat them at action economy, not damage output; I've played in all-PoW parties that got their butts slapped by encounters not because the enemies were tough, but there were more enemies than we could handle.
>>
>>50483985
Only if you have an Animus pool, though admittedly that's not hard to get.

>>50484012
What issue are you talking about? Martial/Magic balance? Yeah, PoW doesn't fix that, it just gives more options so that you can ban wizards and still have encounters that are more than "I full attack."
>>
>>50476612
When looking at the Transparent ability of a gelatinous cube and similar creatures, would you say that a perception check to notice the enemy is made automatically, as is the case for most creatures, or only when specifically requested like with traps? The DC to see the slime is a flat value, not an opposed roll, so in that regard it's already similar to a trap. When using this ability the slime also effectively functions like a trap, since it must be motionless and simply wait for someone to walk into it.

The ability in question:

"Transparent (Ex): Due to its lack of coloration, a gelatinous cube is difficult to discern. A DC 15 Perception check is required to notice a motionless gelatinous cube. Any creature that fails to notice a gelatinous cube and walks into it is automatically engulfed."
>>
The BBEG in my campaign is basically a unethical CE Frankenstein. What are some cool abilities that i can put in a table to randomly add to his monsters? I prefer tech/alchemy flavored but anything can work.
>>
>>50484029
>If the damage would already equal current HP+con, what's the problem with more?
Without PoW, the DPR is almost certainly NOT high enough to deal that much damage in a single round against most equal CR enemies. And even if it was that high, overkill is only irrelevant if you're doing all that damage with a single attack instead of being able to split your damage between multiple enemies.
>>
>>50484029
I'd be fine personally if it was just massive damage or huge accuracy, since monster defenses are pretty much one or the other and it would have a neat Rock-Paper-Scissors aspect. But it does both at the same time too easily.
>>
>>50484102
Okay, then what "issue" were you talking about?
>>
>>50484117
That PoW is overPoWered?
>>
If you wear a piece of armor, that doesn't give you AC by the rules of amor by parts, do you lose your monk features?
>>
>>50484012
For most initiators, save for a very select options, their highest damage option is still to Full Attack

>>50484102
>Without PoW, the DPR is almost certainly NOT high enough to deal that much damage in a single round against most equal CR enemies.
>Laughing Barbarians.horn carving
>>
File: 1477500712314.png (250KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1477500712314.png
250KB, 586x634px
>>50484127
There's that meme again
>>
File: 1480422427942.png (57KB, 910x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1480422427942.png
57KB, 910x1107px
>>
>>50484145
Yes. "Unarmored" means "Without armor," not "With a +0 armor bonus to AC."
>>
>>50484127
>casterfag trembling in fear because his spot might change owner
Hi, Sheldon
>>
>have a rad image in my mind for a silly build
>can't pull it off without a level 6 start, since it is complete garbage otherwise
>There are much less gimmicky, much more fun builds I would rather do at those levels

Suffering. I can't stop making dexfags too, and this makes me genuinely upset. Can't really make a good DILF with 10 Str, 8 Cha.
>>
>>50484150
>my class has the offensive ability of a barbarian with none of the drawbacks
>this is fine
>>
>>50484185
>he doesn't want to be an ikemen dex!bushi warlord.
>>
>>50484185
Show us the picture and tell us what you're trying to do.
>>
>>50484180
>implying mages were trying to compete with martials in terms of damage anyway
>>
>>50484180
>PoW adds versatility, not just more damage
Lol
>>
>>50484219
It does depending on the disciplines, even the damage focused ones allow for Martials to batter people around, deal with flying enemies/unusual DR, break down walls and barriers by themselves, debuff, etc.
>>
>>50484098
Guys?
>>
>>50484219
The versatility is there, though it's often markedly worse than just wrecking a bandit. And at least it gives options for mobility in the standard action strike +move, or the movement types.
>>
>>50484186
>Barbarians
>Drawbacks
Literally their only drawback is losing skill while raging, and even then if you want skills then Urban Barbarian does that with almost no loss of damage capability.
>Being effective at your job as a T4-3 class is a bad thing
Caster fag pls leave.
>>
>>50484234
>>50484240
>different ways of dealing damage counts as versatility
Lol
>>
>>50484185

DILFs are ideally high STR, high WIS or INT, and average CHA.
>>
>>50484098
Anything he could pry off a monster and stitch to the monster. Some oozes dripping from them if damage with a slashing or a piercing weapon or spell. Some robot specific abilities. Mid-to-low tier discoveries from alchemists that are based around growing things on them.
>>
>>50484260
It's more versatile than "I full attack as a full round action and take a 5 ft step"
>>
>>50484283
Martials can do more than that! They can use their movement and get only one attack instead!
>>
>tfw the kineticist gets more 1pp content than the psychic

being an occult fan is suffering.
>>
File: 1480548384384.jpg (210KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1480548384384.jpg
210KB, 1240x1754px
Stat him /pfg/
Hard mode: Use RotJR rules
>>
>>50484295
Not like a ninth level caster needs even more stuff.
>>
>>50484288
But they can do up to QUADRUPLE damage in that single attack by taking a mere three of their endless bonus feats!
>>
>>50484283
>>50484288
>giving a martial pounce counts as versatility
Lol
>>
>>50484299
Orc Commoner 1
>>
>>50484310
>saying "lol" counts as an arguement
lol
>>
File: 1475624968045.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1475624968045.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>50484324
>>
>>50484299
Investigator/Warder.

Fool's Errand, Primal Fury, Thrashing Dragon, Broken Blade if you hate people.
>>
>>50484299

He looks like a Brawler, but the second class escapes me.
>>
>>50484324
>you laughing at my incredibly poor attempt to argue that PoW gives martial anything than more damage isn't an argument
Lol
>>
>>50484351

Why does everyone bitch about Broken Blade when the issue isn't the discipline itself, but people abusing the discipline using weapons that have no right to be used by a martial artist.

Hurr durr the DM is going to let me do an axe kick with a greatsword wtf he isn't letting me PLS NERF OP.
>>
>>50484203
>local mage too fucking lazy to study and cast his own spells, would rather learn other shit, like how to properly use weapons, read weird languages, etc
>rather than ditch his magic training entirely, opts to use it to just build something to use and study his magic for him
>now travels the countryside learning everything he can, a reluctant, literal buffbot in tow

Memes are a powerful thing. A homunculus cannot speak until a promethean alch hits 6, meaning no verbal components.

>>50484264
I have one of those, at least, so it's a start.
>>
File: (you).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>50484366
On behalf of the Federal Meme Reserve, I am giving you this. May you continue your anti-PoW, Anti-fun, shitposting for the years to come.
>>
>>50484383
Because even with fists, a pouncing full attack with +2d6 per hit and three extra attacks on top is bullshit.
>>
>>50484383
>axe kick with a greatsword
Sounds cool as heck, desu.
>>
File: Just-saying.gif (575KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
Just-saying.gif
575KB, 245x170px
>>50484305
>has an incomplete spell list with dozens of things it should for all intents and purposes have
>ie telekinetic volley

>has a total of 4 1pp archetypes
>one of which is basically just "do a lot of drugs you degenerate"
>so few disciplines the srd wrote them on the main class page instead of on a separate page like every other class
>a dozen various rules question that need errata/faq relating to psychic only spells
>massive lack of fluff, leaving many uninspired by the class

But sure ayylmao 9th level casting xdxdxdxdxd
>>
>>50484383
BB is still somewhat problematic with unarmed strikes and dragon style is basically the same as using it with a 2-handed weapon anyway. You're still doing like 12d6 bonus damage or something with Steel Flurry
>>
>>50484414
Well with fists it'd be 4d3 damage + 8d6 at level 5. which roughly comes out to 36?
>>
>>50484422
and pugilists stance+bronze knuckle boost. It's a shame because I really dig stuff like Iron Axe kick and the one that lets you throw people.
>>
>>50484264

>tfw I've got all three

Noice.
>>
>>50484406
>i have no actual argument for pow giving martials anything but more damage that isn't obviously stupid, so I'm going to accuse you of trolling
Lol
>>
>>50484422
It does seem like the issue is steel flurry giving the bonus die AND giving three attacks long before any other maneuver does.

Bronze Knuckle is also a bit too good for a level 2 boost.

Outside of those and pugilists stance, BB is pretty okay in my book.
>>
>>50484383
Why does anyone bitch about anything when the problem is not the thing, but abuse of the thing? You can replace thing with whatever you like, this sentence will always make sense.
>>
>>50484299
Rogue (Thug)/Brawler (Tavern Brawler)
>>
>>50484452
Oberoni brah
>>
>>50484414

It really isn't, try making a "normie" Human Steelfist Commando with 25 PB at level 5 and see how you're not doing that much.
>>
>>50484427
Add your str mod like seven times to that.
>>
>>50484467
Four times?
>>
How does Stalwart interact with maneuvers that have saving throw: Will partial(or fortitude partial)? Does a successful saving throw negate the entire attack or just the extra damage that would be inflicted by the maneuver on a failed save?

Also, looking at the Scarlet Throne maneuvers on the SRD, the saving throw wording seems inconsistent. Compare Sanguine Proclamation(will negates) with Riddle of Steel(will partial):
With a mighty overhand swing the Scarlet Throne disciple puts his foe in their place; on their knees before the majesty of a prince of warriors. The initiator must make a melee attack against a target creature which if successful inflicts an additional 10d6 points of damage and the target must make a successful Will save (DC 17 + initiation modifier) to resist being driven to its knees, knocked prone.
vs
With a swift and deadly strike, the disciple is capable of disabling a foe's senses for a few moments, effectively eliminating the threat. The disciple makes a melee attack against his opponent which if successful deals an additional 10d6 points of damage and stuns his opponent for 1d4 rounds on a failed Will save (DC 18 + initiation modifier).

It would seem that both deal damage, then have an effect that's completely negated by a successful saving throw, yet one of them states will partial and the other will negates. Is this just an editing error or intentional?
>>
>>50484470
>flurry of blows
>>
>>50484467
>>50484470

Broken Blade gives you an extra +2 damage while using a discipline weapon.

An 18 STR human using power attack and successful hit with the "problematic" strike will be doing what, 45 damage? That's impressive damage, but not "bullshit" damage.
>>
File: 1480516310899.jpg (105KB, 625x552px) Image search: [Google]
1480516310899.jpg
105KB, 625x552px
>>50484457
But that's not what I said.
>>
>>50484494

Wait, Steelfist Commandos get flurry of blows?
>>
>>50484489
>Does a successful saving throw negate the entire attack or just the extra damage that would be inflicted by the maneuver on a failed save?
Should be "on a SUCCESSFUL save"
>>
>>50484498
Don't forget another +2 from discipline focus. and potentially 1.5 STR from dragon style.
>>
>>50484498
>dealing double the enemies hp in damage reliably at charge range with no resource cost
>problematic
Lol
>>
>>50484507
i'm sure there's a way

but even then its not that hard for a steelfist to deal 6-7x strength even without it
>>
>>50484526
Average CR 5 monster HP is like 50.
>>
>>50484299
Orc Brawler 4/ Warrior 1

STR 22 STR (+2 items, +4 Racial, 16 base)
CON 16 (+2 Racial)
DEX 15
INT 8
WIS 8
CHA 8

Gear: Mwk Hide armor, Potion of Cure Minor Wounds (3), 50sp, Suspenders of Giant Strength +2 (as belt of giant strength)

AC: 16 (Hide Shirt +3, Dex +2, +1 Brawler)

Health: 49 (5d10, +3/level con, +4 favored class)

Fort: +9 Ref: +6 Will +1

Attacks: Unarmed (1d8+6 +12/+7)

Feats: Weapon Focus (unarmed), Intimidating Prowess, Power Attack, Bullying Blow

Skills: +6 Intimidate, +2 Climb, +5 Perception

Before Combat: The orc bouncer will try to intimidate enemies outside of combat to dissuade them from fighting.
In combat: If pushed to fight, the orc bouncer will attempt to demoralize weaker target. He will use his Martial Flexibility to adjust to the enemies, mostly choosing Bull Rush, Improved to push enemies out of formation and against objects or other bouncers for flanking. If an enemy proves to be particularly weak he will expend an use of Martial Flexibility to use Stunning Fist on them. Bouncer will always target easy to hit enemies if presented. He will charge if not in position to unleash his flurry as a full-action.
Morale: He is not here to die for a few silvers. The bouncer will attempt to flee if reduced below 12 health and the enemies appear willing to kill the bouncer.
>>
>>50484540
Ah, the old 'one hit kill'
>>
>>50484498
>An 18 STR human using power attack and successful hit with the "problematic" strike will be doing what, 45 damage?
Only if >>50484427 is wildly inaccurate. 36+4*(4+2)=60. 68, if we're assuming dragon style, and more than that if the character is actually anything like optimized, with an amulet of mighty fists, greater unarmed strike, etc.
>>
So it seems to me that the issue with BB is the early access to multihit strikes as 1st and 3rd level maneuvers, the +2 damage thing and the bonus damage dice on steel flurry and the knuckle boosts.

If the bonus damage was toned down and the multihit access fell in line with other disciplines as 2nd and 5th level maneuvers, would we still complain about it?
>>
>>50484554
So like pretty much anyone who wants to be dealing damage should be doing anyway? Because anyone who wants to call themselves a damage dealer
>>
>>50484554

One hit kill using a powerful strike.

Next you're going to say Cornered Frenzy Strike is OP because a properly built Warder could kill everything within 15 feet of it before combat even begins?
>>
>>50484571
Shockingly I will tell you that rocket tag is bad

>>50484570
>rocket tag is good design.
>>
>>50484583
It's not but that's what Pathfinder is at the end of the day.
>>
>>50484566
The problem is that it gives pounce and three extra attacks.

>>50484570
>moving the goalposts because damage was proven to be bullshit
>>
File: 1480599926973.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480599926973.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
>There are people right now on /pfg/ who will defend 4d3+8d6+86 damage on a pounce at level 5
>>
>>50484612
How'd you get +86 damage?
>>
>>50484553
Damnit, his bonus to hit is 1 too high he shouldn't have an iterative yet! I have failed!
>>
>>50484612
Show your math before you start making claims.
>>
>>50484570
>im going to concede that the damage is bullshit but then try to claim that bullshit damage isn't a problem.
Lol
>>
>>50484629
Nevermind, his bonus to hit is right, he just shouldn't have an iterative
>>
File: IlcQyJE[t].png (957KB, 671x807px) Image search: [Google]
IlcQyJE[t].png
957KB, 671x807px
/pfg/, I need some advice on a level 1 character. I wanted to play a Party Face/Skill Monkey Rogue, but after talking with my GM he's allowed for me to play a Zen Archer Monk that scales with CHA rather then WIS. I wanted to keep the utility/flavor of the rogue, but the Zen Archer is so much more competent in combat. It's a difficult choice. Which should I play?

For reference, we are using the Feat Tax Rules, Background/Adventure skills, and most 3pp is available.

My Sheet can be found here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1023007

The campaign rules can be found here: http://pastebin.com/ycGjsse4
>>
>>50484658
Monks aren't faces, they're just bald ugly celibates.
>>
>>50484612
>>There are people right now on /pfg/ who will defend 4d3+8d6+86 damage on a pounce at level 5
You mean 4d4+8d6+86. Greater Unarmed Strike, bitches.
>>
>>50484658
Inquisitor (conversion) 2 / zen archer X is what you want.
>>
>>50484625
>>50484630
Power Attack, Discipline Focus, Dragon Style, 18 STR.
>>50484681
That's not the problem, but OK 4d4.
>>
>>50484672

>He doesn't remember Cadfael

Monks were one of three things, anon; poor orphans that wanted a consistent meal, true believers, and nobles that did something wrong (usually got pregnant, caught fucking someone they shouldn't, or is a poor heir to a title.) Noble monks tend to be quite well-spoken!

And they're not bald, they've got tonsures, tonsures!
>>
>>50484489
You'll only (successful not failed) prevent the part that would have occurred from the maneuver on a save.

Say you get hit for 2d8+31 weapon damage on a maneuver that on a failed save stuns you for 1d4 rounds and deals 24d6, while a Successful save will still deal 6d6 and stun you for the round.

You have stalwart and make your save.
Therefore all you took was 2d8+31 weapon damage.

However, IF the maneuver did, say, +2d6 damage, and THEN "save or suffer X, suffer Y on a success", then you'd eat that +2d6 as well.
>>
>>50484612
PoWadrones truly need to go and stay go.
>>
>>50484713
Power attack would get you 16 damage, strength would get you 24 damage, discipline focus would be 8 more. That 's 48 damage. I'm not sure where you got 86.
>>
>>50484777
6+6+6+6=24 (PA)
8+6+6+6=26 (DS)
2+2+2+2=8 (DF)
2+2+2+2=8 (Discipline weapon)
24+8=32
26+8=34
34+32=66
I think my calculator is broken, but that amount of damage is too.
>>
>>50484777
>tfw Pikeman's Training doesn't work with Tower Shields
I just wanna Tower Knight. Is that so wrong?
>>
>>50484777
Whoops, didn't mean to quote you>>50484850
>>
>>50484850
Phalanx fighter, stupendous strength, etc.
>>
>>50484836
4d4(10) + 8d6(28) + 66(66)

104 damage.

On a. Fucking. Pounce.

At level. Fucking. FIVE.
>>
>>50484883
Fuck...

I need to catch up, I'm barely pulling 40 here by 5th.
>>
>>50484883
no anon, PoW is totally balanced, especially Broken Blade.
>>
>>50484883
Don't forget that this costs NOTHING to do
>>
>>50484920

HE DOES IT FOR FREE?
>>
>>50484920
>this costs nothing
Aside from several feats, several manuver slots, a precious stance slot, and the fact that you can't use it round after round because you need to recover it all.
>>
File: Uncle_remus_improved_screenshot.jpg (51KB, 634x477px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_remus_improved_screenshot.jpg
51KB, 634x477px
>>50484883
Okay, but how is the result any different than an equal level Paizo martial killing an enemy in one full round action?
The enemy was going to die anyway, and it's not like it's FFX where overkill grants a bonus.

Plus, you then have to spend the next round either recovering your maneuvers, thus wasting time and economy, or just doing a full attack and getting the same result with only smaller numbers
>>
>>50484746

>Tonsures

That's just a policy bald monks made up so there'd be someone else to make fun of.
>>
>>50484955
NO MONETARY COMPENSATION HERE
>>50484956
If it was 1/day or something then yeah OK, but this can be done multiple times an encounter, all day long. For 3 feats and your discipline.
>>50484985
>Can easily kill a CR 10 monster in one round
>Guys this is fine because lol you would kill the monster anyway right?
>>
>>50484836
Power attack is only 1x damage for unarmed strikes. Although I did forget the Broken Blade +2 damage which would be 56. What's the DS? Dragon Style? That's only 1.5x damage for unarmed strikes, not x2 for the first strike so that'd be 24.

And I'm not arguing the damage isn't broken. Even the Devs aren't doing that, which is why it's being retuned with errata.
>>
>>50484985
>pazio martials have pounce at level 5
>you can't use full attacks on different targets
>next turn they will only get a normal full attack
jesus

>i can one round kill a +5 cr monster at charge range every two rounds all day ling
christ
>>
>>50485023
>actually falling for the ALL DAY meme.
>>
>>50485024
>Power attack is only 1x damage for unarmed strikes.
Not with Dragon Style. I did forget that DS only give 1.5 until later though so that's still 64.
>>
>>50485049
>if i call it a meme then it doesn't real
Lol
>>
>>50485058
Unless I'm using the wrong dragonstyle then you're wrong. But so am I
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dragon-style-combat

>Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.
That would lower the strength damage from your punches from 24 to 18
>>
File: 1479093751070.jpg (34KB, 328x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479093751070.jpg
34KB, 328x480px
>>50485049
>Every two rounds, infinite use
>Not all day
Good job on using the word meme to refute my argument because lol memes amiriteguis
>>
>>50485068
It doesn't. 4-5 encounters per day. If you can do something 4 times a day it's effectively the same if you could do it infinitely.
>>
File: Broken_Blade.jpg (98KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Broken_Blade.jpg
98KB, 400x600px
>>50484612
Only Broken Blade is broken. Other is fine.
>>
>>50485049
The "All Day" meme only ever really doesn't matter when your GM allows for the 15 minute adventuring work day. The game has in built assumptions that resources are supposed to run thin after a point. It's simply a fact however than 95% of GMs never attempt to push players to this point.

Many players claim to want this as well, but once they start feeling the resource strain they panic and back out.

Casters of course have ways to get themselves into "relative" safety. However these methods are fragile until higher levels (a rope trick isn't exactly safe for instance). Also even if this allows the player's time to stop it does nothing to slow down the narrative. I've seen GMs who just let players camp for 8 hours in monster infested caves, in a dungeon. I've seen GMs who never have time sensitive events. When I tell players that "Well, you can rest, but likely X will happen by the time you finish" many throw a fit.

So I'm not going to argue about Caster vs Martial stuff. I argue that the 15 minute adventuring day is a hell of our own design.
>>
>>50485113
As a DM I don't want to stretch their resources thin. I find it much easier to balance encounters around knowing what they have.
>>
>>50485089
>>50485068
No, it's the idea that something being able to be used all day matters in a game where you're fighitng 4-5 encounters max. No one would bother using this shit on a mook if it was once a day, they're wasting mooks without this ability, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>50485128
Just let it go.
>>
>>50485038
You know who else can in practice actually do their shit all day?

TIER 1 SPELLCASTERS.

TIER 1 SPELLCASTERS CAN FUNCTIONALLY PULL THAT SHIT ALL DAY.

That's been the fucking secret behind their supremacy and the uselessness of the warlock since 3.fucking 0
>>
>>50485127
While you're allowed to GM how you want all this does is make the already wide gap between Martials and Casters and turn it into a chasm.
>>
>>50485167
Hasn't been a real issues for my players yet. Yes, there is a divide, but that divide is completely dependent on the players abilities and knowledge.
>>
>>50485157
>a fifth level wizard doesn't have resource problems
>let's use tier 1 classes as a balance point
Wew lad
>>
>>50485157
I thought warlocks could just infinite blast all day long?
>>
>>50485113
I do my best to mitigate 15 min adventuring day syndrome personally, players whine no matter what in my experience, but if you force them to play the right way they have more fun
>>
>>50485157
Are you stupid or something?
>>
This has been a very pleasant thread. I want everyone to know I really liked this thread and the on-topic discussions we have had.

Shine on, you beautiful people you!
>>
>>50485157
Tier 1 casters aren't supposed to do this all day. The game assumes that you'll force them into 4-8 encounters (what ever is required to drain their resources) and force them into a situation where they no longer have all the spells they need and need to make tough choices.

Another issue is the way we assume builds work on /pfg/ are outside the assumed norm. A character built to /pfg/'s standards end encounters much more quickly and with less resources spent.

When I see people claim that casters never run out of anything I see it as a problem equal parts with the players, class, and GM. The class has issues, the players and GMs exacerbate them.
>>
>>50485089
And that round you're using to recover? It is a round you're doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Nothing, not moving, not attacking, not doing anything but recovering your maneuvers.

On top of that, you can't just buy more feats or maneuver/stance slots; you've made an investment and you're reaping the rewards of your investment, you're not getting it "for free". That's like saying a Sorcerer can get +3 damage to all blasting spells "for free"; it cost them several resources, limits what they're good at to boom-boom pretty fire, and isn't something they can just take back whenever they get bored.
>>
>>50485215
>It is a round you're doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Depends on the class. A Zealot still strikes on that round. Often a Warlord has done it as an immediate action. A Harbinger did it as a swift action.

Not everyone requires a full round action.
>>
>>50485210
>This has been a very pleasant thread.
This threads been nothing but arguing and shitflinging about "overPoWered"
It's been a shit thread
>>
>>50485240
A Zealot can use a DIFFERENT strike. They can't use the strike that they just recovered, so even they, the best initiators, can't do it "every round" like people claim.
>>
>>50485196
They could. That was what caused the initial mass panic about them.
>OMG, WTF, BROKEN, ALL DAY BLASTING, ALL DAY INVIS, ALL DAY FLY

Most of that was perpetrated by Wiz/CoDZilla types who also yelled about psions.

As it turned out, because you only average about four encounters a day, AND because you also got extra slots per day for high stats, AND there were ways to help enforce getting rest when it's needed, the warlock never actually got to actually take advantage of the "ALL DAY" thing in any way other than less bookkeeping on their sheet.

5e warlock has same problem; needs a third short-rest between longs to actually show an advantage over playing any other caster (as in 3 would balance their value, and 4 would be full advantage warlock) so the average is of course two.
>>
EVERYONE JUST DROP IT
>>
>>50485304
Ok
>>
>>50485214
The average is 5-6, however 1-2 of those are shorter things like "a locked door with also a trap".

The big problem with caster reserves is that they're balanced around doing nothing but blasting, rather than assuming the rest of the party can actually kill shit too, and on having maybe 1-2 utility spells, while the rest of the party can at least handle one kind of major utility apiece (like the traps guy, the social guy).

This leaves you with a level 5 wizard with 4/3/2 slots to work with and 5 cantrips. The Cantrips are a bit more useful than they may seem at first glance, because a lot of those used to be level 1 spells that you did have to take anyways, such as detect/read magic, light, and for the clerical types, purify food/drink and create water. That leaves the still-scaling level 1s free to properly cover some self buffs.
>>
>>50485304
Just where do you think you are, anon?
>>
>>50485259
As much as i hate the fetishposting, it is better than this. Watching the PoW defender self-destruct is just super uncomfortable.
>>
>>50485241

Well what did you bloody expect? This is /pfg/ without the RotJR posting you people so fervently detest.
>>
Now, in their darkest hour, as the discussion descends to naught but PoW-bitching... /pfg/ realizes that RotJR was the best thing to happen to the thread in ages.
>>
>>50484478
Since the retard who made it forgot to link it

New thread
>>
>>50485462
I'd still prefer this to RotJR posters and assume the only people bitching are lewd/cuteposters that got mad that people are cleaning up their shit.
>>
>>50485462
Of course it was, people talking about games and builds was actually interesting unlike stupid boring optimization and pow shit
>>
>>50485484
So what you're saying is there's no fucking discussion outside of RotJR.

If all we're talking about now is because of JR guys being annoyed, and all we were talking about BEFORE was JR people having fun, then there's fucking nothing else.
>>
>>50485493
>people talking about games and builds was actually interesting
There was no build talk outside of the occasional grumbling about some guys that optimized. It was mostly, "I'm making [INSERT ANIME FETISH]" and people squeeing at each other over it.
>>
>>50485542
The only real build talk was people shouting at NToRacle that he was too good. Literally it was anti-build talk.
>>
>>50485568
I remember people grumbling about a sorcerer and a half-giant psy arm too.
>>
>>50485542
>>50485568
There was no build talk outside of the grumbling because people kept bitching about people trying to talk about the game, that they really DID go fuck off to the containment boards. Leaving only the shitposters to sit and circlejerk endlessly about "NTORACLE IS CREEPY AND OP" and "DUDE THICC LMAO". If any actual discussion shows up, it gets lumped in with the shitposting and deleted.
>>
>>50481236
I want to hug that cute gobbo.
>>
Rolled 7, 5 = 12 (2d10)

Don't mind me, just rolling for health
>>
File: 1475790130736.png (187KB, 656x631px) Image search: [Google]
1475790130736.png
187KB, 656x631px
>>50485716
>>
>>50485724
>>50485716
>>50481236
Aren't PF goblins hairless. Like hobgoblins and bugbears have hair but normal gobs don't?
>>
File: 250px-Nigarl.jpg (126KB, 800x1134px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Nigarl.jpg
126KB, 800x1134px
>>50485759
Probably completely depends on the artist. Much like how Hobbos look.
>>
>>50485718
Sure you are buddy
>>
>>50484067
Anyone?
>>
New thread

>>50484478
>>50484478
>>50484478
Thread posts: 418
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.