[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post only the worst and more obnoxious Magic Cards. The ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 61

File: ruX19neusP_EN.png (196KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ruX19neusP_EN.png
196KB, 265x370px
Post only the worst and more obnoxious Magic Cards. The ones that fail to provide playability, flavor, interesting mechanics and made people angry/dissapointed.
>>
>>50360558
Ludevic has the deepest flavor because you have to be a mad-genius to play him well.
>>
File: kalitastraitorofghet.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kalitastraitorofghet.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
Words cannot describe how much I hate this fucker. His abilities are relevant at any point in the game. He's a self-token maker, and with that comes self-buffer. The 4 toughness means that if you don't deal with him before he can pump himself, you're fucked. He is one sided graveyard hate. There are so many tricks you can pull with just him on the field. He's a deterrent for any creature that has less than 4 power, 6 if mana is up.

Yes I've lost games to him and yes I'm still mad.
>>
File: yogg.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
yogg.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>>>/v/358499990
>>
>>50360643
Woah
>>
>>50360558
>>50360643
>>50360996
I dunno, I got an idea for a possible deck with Vial Smasher as the partner.

Play Necropotence and Zur's Weirding and see as people fuck each other over.

absolute madman strat though, everyone will hate you forever
>>
>>50360693
I'm with you, anon.

Its waay when you realize the only effective way to defeat him is with a "destroy/exile target creature" or "deals <4 or more> damage to target creature", and even then, being a black, possibly zombie deck, the fucker can just come back and back again from the graveyard.

God I hate this card.
>>
File: Image.png (116KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
116KB, 223x311px
I love playing this in my "draw a card" themed deck, but I hate this so much when this fucker comes from the enemy's hand
>>
>>50361377
> I play temple bell
>everyone cheers

>I play tutelage
>everyone groans
>>
File: descarga.jpg (11KB, 178x248px)
descarga.jpg
11KB, 178x248px
>I hate this so much
>>
>>50361856
>spot the Timmy
>>
>>50360558
>normies think you can learn to be intelligent
>>
>>50362505
You literally can. Some might be better than others but the more you learn the more intelligent you become.

Now fuck off back to >>>/r9k/
>>
>>50361364
>The only effective way to beat Kalitas is to run removal
>which every deck should run as a matter of standard practice anyway

I don't see the problem.
>>
File: prossh.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
prossh.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>Always Food Chain
>Always Purphuros

Because thinking is overrated in EDH anyway. It's not like I play this format for cool complex plays, nope, I like seeing people drop a 2 card combo, one of the pieces always being accessible. Sharuum is more interactive than this shit.
>>
Such a waste of the art. People were hyped for that angel.
>>
>>50360889
taking the bait...

>no lands
The mana system in Magic provides for great deckbuilding opportunities, there's lots of lands that do interesting or exciting things, and you can even play decks that don't run lands (or very few). Mana denial is an actual strategy.

Mana screw does suck, granted, but it's a hell of a lot better than "lol my curve is so hard"

>fatigue system and deck size
Decking provides a very interesting dimension and an alternative means to victory. I've had plenty of control matchups where the correct play was to make your opponent draw cards so they decks before you did, and everyone loves mill decks.

>balance
Your game is balanced around RNG. A shit player can still beat a skilled player, hell, bots have been able to get to the top ranks. That shit would never happen with Magic, good players will almost always beat shitters.

>an actually good online client
K you can't win them all.

Conclusion: hearthstone is fine, but gtfo with this weak ass shit.
>>
>>50362956

If they dropped the cost for the cleric to turn back into her she'd have been pretty damn cool.
>>
>>50362649

No.

The more you learn the more educated you become. Intelligence is inherent, wisdom is not.
>>
File: Image[2].png (112KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[2].png
112KB, 223x311px
This fucker this here. And all of it's affiliates.
>>
File: deepglowskate.jpg (43KB, 265x370px)
deepglowskate.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
Where do I begin
>>
>>50363282
Wew I love that guy.
>>
>>50363282
With an explanation
>>
>>50363095
I fucking hate the flavor text. Blue magic, if dickish, is fine. It's been a part of magic since it's inception.

But I will never get over the emo fuck and how utterly uninteresting he is. Nothing about his character makes sense, and I go into an autistic rage every time I see them pushing this fucker. I have never, in all my time of work shopping and running tournaments in 3 states and dozens of shops, ever ran into someone who unironically liked him.
>>
File: IMG_3396.jpg (279KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3396.jpg
279KB, 265x370px
Don't know why but I've always had an irrational hatred of this card.
>>
>>50363282
fuck you m8, doubling fish is great
>>
File: UL Thran Weaponry.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
UL Thran Weaponry.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
why does it boost your opponents creatures too? It says ALL creatures, not just your own. You're paying 10 mana across 2 or 3 turns, would it kill them to just let all your guys get +2/+2 for that kind of mana investment?
>>
File: LE Time Elemental.jpg (186KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
LE Time Elemental.jpg
186KB, 480x680px
They fucked the cow on this one. Weird art, terrible abilities, all on a card called TIME ELEMENTAL.

With a name like time elemental it should be a lot cooler. And what's with that weird drawback for trying to use it to chump-block?
>>
>>50363482
gotta forgive them, it were the earliest days of magic, and they had no idea what their game did at that point.

Though I must agree time elemental is a potentially great name for awesome and weird shenanigans. Such a wasted opportunity.
>>
>>50363282

Should have Doubled all Counters on all Permanents, so you have to decide if it's worth it to double all your Counters when your opponent can benefit too.
>>
File: DS Wit's End.jpg (26KB, 290x410px) Image search: [Google]
DS Wit's End.jpg
26KB, 290x410px
By the time you're at 7 Mana your opponent probably only has 1 or 2 cards left in hand. Looks cool on paper but is useless in practice.
>>
>>50360558
Holy fucking shit kill yourself you entitled EDH cancer
>>
>>50363330
Read the Eldritch Moon E-Book. It makes cloak boy more tolerable.
>>
>>50363882

It's not anything to do with the card mechanically so much as it has to do with a complete favor fail.

Ludevic is a man who made a werewolf cyborg. His solution to torch and pitchfork wielding mobs was to make a monster that eats torch and pitchfork wielding mobs. On a plane full of mad scientists he is The Mad Scientist.

So they made him some boring card draw guy. They really completely fucked up.
>>
>>50363949
I bet you're the same type of person who bitches at MaRo for not psychically inferring exactly what you meant when you said you wanted a werewolf legend
>>
>>50360558

What really pisses me off is names. There's a fucking thousand Magic cards where they take a great flavorful name and waste it on a card whose effect has no flavor whatsoever, and sometimes isn't even playable.

I can't think of an example on the spot because these make me so mad that I actively try to block them from my mind, but there's been shitloads.
>>
File: shit.jpg (67KB, 312x445px)
shit.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50360558

The ones that annoy me the most are strictly inferior versions of cards that were already low-powered. Like this pile of shit here. Was Air Elemental really so OP that we needed a nerfed version?
>>
>>50363969

Ulrich was a pretty big fuck up. He's a pretty boring big beasty, absolutely nothing about his design that is really worthy of being legendary. He's barely playable in limited, worthless in constructed. It was a failure on the team's fault.

What I won't blame MaRo for is not doing a UR Legendary Artificer. Cause that's not something I saw any demand for until Kaladesh was already announced.
>>
>>50364072
>Barely playable in limited
Opinion discarded
>>
>>50364042
In limited? Yes. Siren was damn good and possibly first-pick quality
>>
>>50363969

I don't see why people are mad about Ulrich being a boring dumb pile of Timmy jank. Almost all werewolves are like that, he fits right in. Ideally they could have given him some cool ability that interacts with the transformation mechanic of all werewolves so that he's fit as a werewolf lord, but I'm not getting mad that they didn't.

In Ludevic's case though, people are rightfully upset. WotC took one of the coolest characters they had that wasn't yet turned into a card, and made him an extremely boring draw-dude with no flavor whatsoever. They could have made him a Gray Ogre and it wouldn't have been more underwhelming.
>>
I think a lot of these boring, underwhelming cards are a result of "design by committee" and excessive theoretical testing.
>>
>>50364104
>5 mana 1/1 when played on an empty board
>worthless if opponent has any random 1/1 lying around
>absolute best case scenario is a 4/4 for 5
>first pick quality

In what fucking format? Homelands Draft?

They should have at least made it gain four counters instead of three. That way its theoretical best scenario would at least be worth its mana cost. Either that, or worded it in such a way that if an opponent has a creature, he can't choose to just keep it.
>>
>>50363282
I'm only mad that it wasn't green, or at least UG. Doubling counters is primarily a green effect.
>>
>>50364179

They're a result of wanting to make a card without really having an idea for a card, so they just slap together stock mechanics and tweak the numbers a bit and call it a day. All the best designed cards in the game are ones where they had an idea for what the card IS and then just designed mechanics to represent that later.
>>
>>50364194
You target the creature wit hthe ability, your opponent doesn't get to pick which creature they give you
>>
>>50364136

My problem with Ulrich is that he doesn't interact with the tribe in any way. I guess besides being unable to fight them when he transforms. The exact same ability could have been on a non-legendary. Playing him in a Werewolf deck doesn't give him any advantage, or give the other Werewolves any advantage. He's just boring.

Not anywhere near as bad as Ludevic, but still.
>>
>>50364232

Same problem applies. If your opponent(s) have nothing worth stealing then even if they don't play Tribute it's not a huge loss.
>>
>>50364232
>You target the creature wit hthe ability, your opponent doesn't get to pick which creature they give you

The ability will never trigger if the creature is any good, because opponent will just choose to let you have an Air Elemental instead. Which you paid full price for.

The Siren is shit for all the same reasons the Odyssey block "punisher" cards were shit: the opponent is free to pick whatever option is the worst for you, so its only worth playing if ALL the options are unfairly priced. Instead both sides of it are basically just okay cards that are decent in limited and total shit in constructed, and when you get the worst of barely okay options you get something _really_ bad.
>>
File: 162.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
162.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50360558
what's the deal with this bitch?
>>
>>50364337
She's like a red abyssal prosecutor.
>>
>>50363384
Fucking kys m8 i run one in every commander deck I can.
It's random, but it's the fun kind of random where it might kill a small creature that an opponent didn't really expect to live anyway, it might hit face, or it might hit a creature with 3+ toughness, letting you play intelligently to take advantage of that 2 damage.
Or it might hit you. Or itself. You ran it, you take it. But it will always be more proportionately detrimental to the player running it than anyone else, but it still doesn't do much to disrupt the game. It's a fun little card that rolls dice.
I mostly have tonnes of nostalgia for it, I got into magic in DMZ
>>
>>50362495
kek
>>
>>50362834
Standard removal being shit is most of the problem.
>>
>>50360693
The worst thing about Kalitas is that the only deck that can run him and thus the only good graveyard hate in standard is also the deck you want to run it against. GB Delirium.
>>
File: 1415043056638.png (3KB, 196x171px)
1415043056638.png
3KB, 196x171px
>>50363482
>Fire elemental is made of fire
>Water elemental is made of water
>Earth elemental is made of earth
>etc
>Time Elemental is made of clocks
>>
>>50363384
Love this card due to it being a draft all-star. Killed 2 of my opponents creatures and dealt them 4

My opponent was the one who controlled it.
>>
>>50364553
Its true form is incomprehensible to mortals and thus they see it as what they consider to be a being made of literal time. If we measured time with colors, it would be made of glowing nixie tubes
>>
>>50364337

She's suppose to be the final push to kill the opponent before they have a chance to benefit from her ability. A 4 power haste-y flyer is pretty good, and she's got a fat enough ass to survive anything less than 5 power.
>>
File: anya.png (135KB, 223x311px)
anya.png
135KB, 223x311px
Failed to provide:
>Playability
Check
>Flavor
Check
>Interesting Mechanics
It's an objectively terrible R/W commander, so check
>Made people disappointed it wasn't Feather
Checkerino

Looks like a winner to me, Alex
>>
>>50360693
just got this from booster, should i sell it now or later?
>>
>>50364619

Now probably. While he's also played in Modern the big demand is in Standard for BG Delirium I believe.
>>
>>50364619
Sell now, pick him up when he rotates. Unless you want to play him (since he's awesome).
>>
File: Karona the leg god.jpg (24KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Karona the leg god.jpg
24KB, 223x310px
failed in every single way
>>
>>50364724

I still have no idea what they were thinking with that one.

>5c cards are already useless outside EDH
>6 mana 8/8 haste barely worth playing as is
>let's give it the drawback that everybody gets to use it
>doesn't have flying even though it's clearly flying in the picture
>>
>>50364755
She's a combination of the traits of 5 mono colored characters, so that's why she's 5 colored
>>
>>50364755
Eeh, she's more floating than flying, doesn't mean she can actually manage to get over other creatures.

Also, that was a tribal block that encouraged multi-color, and was the block that slivers came back.
I've seen her in a few sliver decks at the time, and she always won the game on the turn she came out.
>>
>>50363713
Maybe in commander after your opponent does a Shamanic Revelation, Blue Sun's, or some other stupid huge draw spell.

Still a very niche card and only rarely worth it
>>
File: Pharika.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Pharika.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
was so hyped for this only to be disappointed more than i could possible
>>
>>50363713
If your opponent is playing a deck with blue and they're hoarding hand cards, (assuming you don't get counterspelled) you will kick them in the teeth for this. Especially in black, which is one of the colors that has some ways to suddenly obtain more mana.
>>
>>50364755
The original design, if I'm remembering right, made you skip your combat ,tapped all your creatures, and had them hit you equal to their power. It still had the "drawback" of going to your opponent every turn. The idea was you put it out on your second main phase after you attack and then your opponent gets, where all their creatures rise up and turn against him.

The reason they switched it t this piece of shit was that it was printed in a block all about creature tribe armies, and this would've hosed them, so instead they changed it to work with the tribal theme, but kept the drawback and ridiculous cost intact for some reason.
>>
>>50364610
It may not be amazing, but it does look like other recent examples of RW legendaries. Or in this case, just Tajic.
>>
>>50364993
Man, what I wouldn't give...
>>
>>50364964
>Assuming they don't counter it
If they're playing blue and have 4 or more cards in hand one of them is probably a counter, though...

>>50364964
>>50364882
Here's the real question, though. Would you ever realistically put this in any deck when stuff like Persecute exists?
>>
>>50364882
Then it's just a 7-mana card that makes them discard a counterspell and tap 2 lands.
>>
File: Image.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
136KB, 223x311px
>>50360558

Can't spell Narset without arse.
>>
>>50363013
>Intelligence is inherent
partially. You become better at certain ways of reasoning (like math) with practice. Plateaus are inherent and different for everyone, but you're probably preforming below your peak.
>>
>>50364954
>BG is my favorite color combination
>Theros block had a lot of cool gorgon and snake stuff
>Saw her gorgeous art
>It turned out to be shit
I got one in a draft and she won me every game I saw her in, but really any god really would have. She'd be fine if she always gave you the snake, but as is is just disappointing.
>>
>>50364610
>it wasn't Feather
This shit right here. You got a whole stash of old legendaries that you never made cards for, and instead of cashing in the nostalgia you decide to go for more "literally who"s. At least we got glorious Sidar in the last commander, although he isn't really anything to write home about.
>>
>>50364610
She's my commander in EDH...

>>50365296
>it wasn't Feather
>Made people disappointed it wasn't Feather
Might have been a bottom-up card design that didn't fit Feather.
>>
>>50365437

Boy, if only they had thought of that with Ludevic.
>>
>>50364606
Alternatively she could be used as the agitator in a mirror strike deck. Play a lot of forced attack abilities combined with cards that bounce damage back to your opponents.

Of course, I can see several ways that deck would fail right off the bat.
>>
>>50364136
That's pretty much why people dislike him, he's boring and doesn't do anything particularly good for your other werewolves. Really he should have made werewolves lose their spell transform and given them a mana related transform so you could fine tune when they flipped, as it is he's a worse commander than if they'd just printed a legendary Huntsmaster.

I think the reason it pissed peopple off so much though is that MaRo was under the impression people would love it and that it was awesome, which it blatantly wasn't and this was coming on the heels of OGW being terrible.
>>
File: 76.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
Still the worst card I can think of.
>>
>>50364954
I'm with you on this. And what's even worse(atleast for me) is that her abilities have nothing to do with her flavor unlike majority of the Gods
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
sigh
>>
>>50363384
Because it doesn't have haste
>>
>>50364042
Hilariously awesome card in a Flicker based EDH deck. Nothing quite like asking another player if you can steal some other dude's creature.
>>
>>50362495
>double kek
>>
>>50362956
I feel your pain anon.
>>
>>50365044
>>50365123
Exactly. I would never run it, but it could be useful once in a few years
>>
File: Blue.png (36KB, 1346x346px) Image search: [Google]
Blue.png
36KB, 1346x346px
>all this blue

Hmmm... wonder why
>>
File: Thief of Blood.jpg (23KB, 216x302px) Image search: [Google]
Thief of Blood.jpg
23KB, 216x302px
>>
File: voice_of_resurgence.jpg (35KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
voice_of_resurgence.jpg
35KB, 251x356px
why was this printed?
>>
>>50370778
WotC REALLY wanted populate in Standard
>>
>>50363282
>play this with doubling season and a bunch of planeswalkers
wew lad
>>
>>50370778
It's a card that is no fucking fun to play against, that's for damn sure.
G/W has ruled the standard meta for a long time now, Theros let it take a vacation.
>>
>>50370704
Get fucked, thief of blood is fucking great.
I drink deep of the tears of Atraxa faggots with her.
>>
>>50370778
Dude, think of it like as the token it makes, possibly more of them
>>
>>50370704
The flavor is fucking sweet.
But she costs too much. I know she's costed for multiplayer (I assume she hasn't been printed elsewhere, because I've never seen the card before) but 6 mana is a lot for decks that don't have combos to make all the mana they could ever want.
>>
>>50364337
she should have had more power to make up for her drawbacks. nothing too outrageous, just bump it to 5 or 6.
>>
File: acommand.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
acommand.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
who thought this was fair?
>>
>>50360558
Partner was a mistake.
But seriously, it's just a lazy excuse to make unimaginative commanders.
>>
>>50363330
I like him. My GF also thinks he's cute.
>>
>>50370932
Nobody.
That's why GR was able to win in DTK standard.
>>
>>50370959
>I like him.
how?
there's nothing interesting about him. he's either portraited as a douche or as a boring autist.
>>
>>50370994
I just think he looks cool. He's a well designed character from an aesthetic point of view. Although I must say that I prefered him when he wore the hood. It gave him a more mysterious air.

I'm not an expert on the lore or the story but he seems to suit his colour very well. I don't get why people on /tg/ hate him.
>>
>>50371022
>he seems to suit his colour very well.
>I don't get why people on /tg/ hate him.
you already answered it yourself.
>>
>>50371049
Fair enough. Blue happens to be my favourite colour.
>>
Atraxia was a mistake
>>
>>50363929
>tolerable
>implying he doesn't still glue rocks to his shirt because he's a retard
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px)
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Abrupt Decay and Deathrite Shaman.

Just... needlessly overly versatile. I'm surprised Deathrite doesn't have a creature kill mode and I'm surprised Decay isn't also Stone Rain.

Both cards just destroy "build by synergy not goodstuff" decks and I'm a butthurt piece of shit. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>50364954
pharika seems bad but she actually synergizes well with savra, queen of the golgari because she lets you turn worthless graveyard fillers into free forced sacs for opponents
>>
>>50362883
>Purphuros
?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 178x248px
So I built Melek tonight out of boredom.

I was wondering if anyone had some good secret tech besides what's listed on the edhrec page?

I also wanted to ask, since his ability copies it on cast, if the original gets countered does the copy still resolve? And say you copy a spell like Rewind, it copies the same target too, right? If so, would I untap 4 lands or 8 lands?
>>
File: dauntlessdourbark.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dauntlessdourbark.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>Forest, Treefolk Harbinger
>Forest, Bosk Banneret
>Forest, this fucking cocksucker
>here comes the pain
>>
>>50372333
Fuck off you stupid tripfag, it's bad enough you shit up EDH general, no one wants you outside that thread
>>
>>50364337
I know running Gisela is a bad time usually, but harmless offering+her is gonna fuck someone hard if I'm reading this properly
>>
>>50372333
Melek
Galvanoth
Mystical Tutor imprinted on Isochron Scepter
Beacon of Tomorrows
>>
>>50372333
Lots of looking, the kind that discards as an additional cost is nice because its not copied, and a library of leng. You would not believe how nice it is to get that thing out and go to town with frantic search.
>>
>>50363330
the sad thing is in storys he is mostly fine it is only in flavor text that he is a piece of shit.

i dont know why the disparity exists
>>
File: kulrathknight.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
kulrathknight.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>the bane of my existence every time it lands
>doesn't even matter if I kill it immediately
>or win the game
>I intrinsically hate this motherfucker
>it has a literal pacifism effect
>in black and red
>fucking what m8
>>
>>50367292
Idk man, in my EDH group I can think of several decks this would fuck over. Mainly the two guys who keep playing with fuck off huge creatures.
>>
>>50372508
>>it has a literal pacifism effect
>>in black and red
>>fucking what m8
They're afraid of the big flying dude.
I miss Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, it's my favorite block.
>>
>>50364042
i could maybe see the argument for air elemental being a better choice in some decks and matchups but in what fucking universe is siren of the fanged coast strictly worse
>>
>>50364337
probably should have been a 5/9
>>
>>50372545
Probably should have had vigilance.
>>
File: memnarch.png (129KB, 223x311px)
memnarch.png
129KB, 223x311px
>this guy makes me want to stop playing Commander forever
>artifact decks are for cucks
>>
>>50365831
wait does that resolve before or after damage because if before thats an amazing card
>>
>>50372562
Before, but if you use it thats way you're paying 6 cmc a turn for a chump blocker.
>>
every fucking gideon
the indestructable is bad enough but then you add the does not take damage on top of it and you cannot even fucking burn from within it.

people are sick of the affect and things will go one of 3 ways
>he leaves the jacetice league
>he gets a new abiltiy or at least becomes a far more reasonable 2/2
>the jacetice league is disbanded just so they dont have to print him anymore
>>
>>50372561
I love memmy,and my old foil. But holy fuck that ftv flavortext for memmy is fucking awful
>>
File: 117.jpg (58KB, 312x445px)
117.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>50363713
>Not the superior version
You patheitc fool.
>>
>>50363713
This card is much better

>cool name
>cool art
>simple effect
>nice flavortext
>one mana
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 298x431px)
image.jpg
143KB, 298x431px
>>50373287
I must've discarded my picture
>>
>>50372561

>Memnarch
>Memanch
>Memench
>Meme nch
>Meme cnh
>Meme chn
>Meme chin

Interdasting!
>>
>>50372776

>Nicol Bolas
>Calling someone else arrogant

Brb summoning the Umezawa line!
>>
>>50363384 wow, typical hearthstone card in mtg.
>>
>>50370953
The point of partner is to allow 4 colours commander deck, because 4 colours cards have shit design space.
Even without that, it's quite a good idea.
>>
>>50375113
No, R&D are just lazy fucks and the partner mechanic showcases that
>>
>>50363384
>I'll get you yet, Spider man!
>>
>>50364294
Then you still either get ahead on the board or can get a two for one.
>>
File: 1479694070073m.jpg (82KB, 698x1024px)
1479694070073m.jpg
82KB, 698x1024px
>>
>>50375741
Every 4 colours cards is doomed to be uninspired at best. It's smarter to find a smart way to avoid the obstacles rather than pointlessly trying to force your way through it.
>>
>>
File: Turbotastic.png (466KB, 626x442px)
Turbotastic.png
466KB, 626x442px
>>50361377
>Howling mine
>Dictate of Kruphix
>Temple bell
>And Sphinx Tutelage

Pic related
>>
>>50375833
>black is capitalized
>>
>>50363384
Got a foil one, I love it
>>
>>50372417

I wasn't prepared for PSTD
>>
File: 144.jpg (69KB, 312x445px)
144.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
FUCK this card.
FUCK every last bit of power creep it represents.
I don't want to get mad but oh this is the worst designed mtg card in existence.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 178x248px
>>50376992
Overpowered 2 drops, you say?
>>
>>50376992
the fuck were they thinking
that body might be excusable but once you add the vigilance its already to much
>>
>>50376992
Weird how it's already not being played in standard despite being legal for another year. It's just so overpowered, clearly
>>
>>50376992

>this is power creep

goyf or nothing
>>
>>50377952
its not as imminently obvious how bullshit goyf is
there was no excuse here
>>
>>50376992
I love it tho. Budget Tarmo with Vigilance that fits right into my manland deck.
>>
>>50372520
My nigga
>>
>>50373297
Yeah if you play this card you are literally have nothing including brain.
>>
>>50372584
>Thinking any of this has any chance of happening
Kek m8, hope you enjoy the new Gideon, now a 6/6 with vigilance AND indestructible that lasts until your next turn.
>>
>>50375951
Shit player detected
>>
>>50372584
Man, I know what you mean. I despise that I have to buy some Uglys of Zendikar tomorrow just to puff out my Standard deck. A creature that's impossible to interact with (barring Blessed Alliance, hue hue hue) that keeps showing up in every standard is stupid.

Also I liked him better when he was a greasy-looking 50-year-old
>>
>>50372776
>patheitc
>>
File: invoke prejudice.png (319KB, 315x448px)
invoke prejudice.png
319KB, 315x448px
>>50375833
>>
>>50379906
Maybe play something other than Red for your creature removal fuckknobs.
>>
>>50372532
>i could maybe see the argument for air elemental being a better choice in some decks and matchups but in what fucking universe is siren of the fanged coast strictly worse

In every universe? The other ability ONLY occurs if your opponent allows it. Siren is literally, objectively just an Air Elemental with a drawback.
>>
>>50375822

In every possible situation the card is inferior to an Air Elemental or equal to an Air Elemental. And Air Elemental is not a huge bomb.

Only way you get more than an Air Elemental's worth in value out of the Siren is if you're playing against an idiot who doesn't know how to value his creatures right and doesn't know if he should pay the tribute or not, but if you do play against an idiot, you're going to win anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Utterly shocked no one named the Queen Mother of all "fuck you" cards.

Seriously, I've seen tables flipped when she lands.
>>
>>50380642
I only ever see her played in EDH, and unless that played is winning that turn or next, that player is done because everyone is about to rape him up the ass.
>>
>>50380673
>>50380642

She's really not that bad. Until you're the only one at the table targeted. And the other players who aren't affected are usually happy that you just effectively took a player put out of the game, so she'll stick around.

Unless the Iona player names a color common to every other deck at the table (read: Blue). Then it's rapey time.
>>
>>50376992
I have a playset of these and no one has shown a shred of interest in trading for them.
>>
FUCK DECLARATION IN STONE.
STP and PTE in modern are bad enough. getting rid of ALL of my tokens for TWO MANA with NO DOWNSIDE is fucking unbelievable.
>>
>>50370778
without it dragons maze would be $30 a box
>>
>>50360558
Jesus Christ
He obviously harvests organs for his experiments (card draw)
>>
>>50362883
My first EDH deck ran this as the commander. I got chased out of my gaming group for using it. Still not really sure why.

My main combo focused on making tokens and having Ashnod's Altar out there to fuel really big X spells.
>>
>>50380642
>Playing green blue deck vs black white deck
>Opponent drops Iona with smugass grin on his face
"Green"
>I drop clone
"Black"
>Opponent sighs
"I attack you with Iona"
"I block with Iona"
"Well that was pointful"
>>
>>50360558
Why were people so set on Ludevic being Dimir? Izzet fits mad scientist too and the card itself is cool. There's already UB necromancers anyway and partner means you can put him in a B deck still.
>>
>>50381660
I love cloning Iona so much as well
>>
>>50363706
>so you have to decide if it's worth it to double all your Counters when your opponent can benefit too.
Yeah *snigger*, in my infect *snigger* deck I'm terrified of doubling *snigger* the counters on his creatures.
>>
>>50364042
>possibly stealing a creature
>worse
>>
>>50364243
>My problem with Ulrich is that he doesn't interact with the tribe in any way.
>Playing him in a Werewolf deck doesn't give him any advantage, or give the other Werewolves any advantage. He's just boring.
No, he plays with werewolves because he uses the same mechanic. In a deck built to transform werewolves, he's better than in another deck. Ergo he plays well with werewolves.

That's like complaining a Skittles doesn't interact with other infect creatures.
>>
>>50364337
>>50372545
Should have been a 6/6. No point in the double damage to her if you just bump up her toughness.

That's like printing a double strike version of another card but halving its power.

Also this >>50372560 She'd still be a glass canon anyway thanks to double damage to her and it would mean you could get one attack and then lose her blocking.
>>
>>50365505
>Boy, if only they had thought of that with Ludevic.
It was a cycle of old characters being given cards. Which other character could it have been?

And his zombie would have to have become a character from the same story too.
>>
>>50380642
>Seriously, I've seen tables flipped when she lands.
No you haven't.
>>
File: Cavernoftimmies.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Cavernoftimmies.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50360558
Surprised this braindead piece of shit hasn't been posted yet

Not only is it stupidly powerful, but it also can provide colorless mana and ends up encouraging more unintelligent creature mashups
>>
>>50382324
Agreed. More reason for me to hate Slivers.
>>
>>50370704
>play against a Vorel, Superfriends, and Atraxa player

First time I ever got Thief of Blood into the triple digits. Either way, it's a black EDH staple imo, at least one deck is going to be using tons of counters.
>>
>>50382544
But Slivers is one of the weakest tribes in general
>>
>>50363330
I knew an autistic card shop owner that named his poor child after him.
>>
>>50382721
Doesn't mean they're not annoying as heck.
>>
>>50382324

Cavern is also $50
>>
>>50370575
The reason is that blue is hard to design for

Your image is retarded bullshit because you can make the same argument for every color
>White: oh, you want to reanimate that creature? Too bad, it's exiled
>Black: oh, you want to exile my creature? Too bad, I sac it and get a benefit
>Red: oh, you managed to stabilize behind some blockers? Too bad, bolt face.
>Green: oh, you don't want to block my big fuckin Timmy bait hydra? Too bad...

I wouldn't mind if other spells could get counters and draw themselves, and if blue got less pushed cards, but the color as a whole isn't utter cancer
T. red player
>>
>>50364755
The card is older than EDH, so I doubt that was a consideration.
>>
>>50377049

That's not overpowered on its own but it is a very strong card. But Sylvan Advocate's cmc cost and in the current Standard where there's no way to interact with manlands outside of their creature form he's very strong. God forbid you're facing a Lumbering Falls with one or two Sylvan Advocates on the field.
>>
File: Image (5).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (5).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50364337
That's the point
>>
>>50380642
what was the thinking behind this
did they want to discourage monocolor for some reason
>>
>>50383726
They needed a card which could specifically fuck everything but Eldrazi
>>
>>50380642
>>50377049
>>50376992
C-could I have more overpowered Green and/or White cards? I'm in charge of building a deck for /vp/ for the Winter Ball. We're planning on challenging them to a match after Sun Moon hype dies down, since our Pokémon battle with them turned out pretty well.
>>
>>50372508
>cast pic related for 1
Ayylmao
>>
File: dramaticreversal.jpg (46KB, 265x370px)
dramaticreversal.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
I just want post-mending Planeswalkers to leave.
>>
>>50383934
I just want all planeswalkers to leave.

The main characters of each plane should be from and aware of only that plane.

Mirrodin -> Glissa
Kamigawa -> Umezawa
Ravnica -> Kos
Lorwyn -> Rhys
Innistrad -> Thalia
Zendikar ->Fuck off, Zendikar. You're the worst.
And so on.
>>
>>50364072
>He's barely playable in limited

Oh, you're so buttblasted that you're talking out of your ass, I see.
>>
>>50364243
Tribal is brain dead and boring anyways. He's a perfect fit.
>>
>>50364337
She's a good rare to pull in limited.
>>
>>50372587
It's straight from the moment where he finds the Glistening Oil and goes insane.
>>
>>50370575
>bitching about blue returning stuff to your hand
>not the colors that exile all creatures or -x/-x all creatures to wipe the board
>>
>>50364553
kek
>>
File: derisivelaughter.png (1MB, 824x896px)
derisivelaughter.png
1MB, 824x896px
>>50360889
>everyone in that thread is just shitting on OP for being a moron
It looks like there sometimes is justice in this world
>>
File: 1448834631000.jpg (182KB, 764x744px)
1448834631000.jpg
182KB, 764x744px
>>50363282
WAAAAAA
THAT'S GODDAMN AMAZING.
I have a Green/White deck that this would go SO WELL in, and I'm super fucking salty that this is blue now
>>
>>50381037
Yeah, echoing truth is a bullshit card too huh?
>>
>>50370778
RIP Emmara Tandris' original card.
>>
>>50381721
>Why did people want a NECRO ALCHEMIST to have black in his color identity?
Do you work for Wizards? You seem to be a complete fucking retard which is right up the design team's alley.
>>
>>50383934
that flavor text is cringe worthy. who wrote that?
>>
>>50384514
An intern.
>>
>>50370932
Why is this card good? Seems like all it can really do is be skullcrack.
>>
>>50384514
>>50384524
>"Nobody asked you to butt in Jace. Fuck Off."

I have improved it.
>>
>>50384552
Let's say you have 3 creatures out, Nacatl, G Guide and Eidolon. Now a 2 mana spell has the potential to deal 6.
>>
>>50384510
I thought making him UR instead of BR was an interesting move, especially since there are other BR zombie commanders.

Now the real problem is that the necro
alchemist had nothing to do with the graveyard or zombies
>>
>>50381806
You type like a retard. Read the card again and you'll see you play like a retard too.
>>
>>50384584
So outside of fringe cases you'll be casting it as a bolt to the face + glorious charge?
>>
File: 1379021978911.jpg (108KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1379021978911.jpg
108KB, 375x523px
>>50363384
The superior card.
>>
>>50380127
But then I can't also use it to remove my opponent from the game.
>>
>>50363384
>throw under an oblivion ring
>cast Worldfire
>play Russian Roulette
Cry when it hits itself instead of a player
>>
>>50384761
Instead of making tokens it should just deal 2 damage to a random target, repeated 10 times.

I'm aware that this is probably the point, but with 10 test pilots all of them will just blow each other up and do nothing.

Imagine a deck with Leyline of Sanctity that tried to cast a Goblin Testing Spree, dealing 20 damage to the enemy face as it is the only legal target.
>>
>>50384945
Man, can you imagine if that worked? Fuckin legendary
>>
>>50384945
Put some Lightning Greaves under a second O ring
>>
>>50363282
That's a big mana cost.
>>
>>50385247
but then it can't target itself

>put tons of effort into setting up russian roulette combo
>Who will die? Nobody knows!
>pull the trigger
>gun shoots itself
>everyone just sitting there with empty hands, no permanents and 1 hp
>>
>>50385258

>for you
>>
>>50385264
>keep topdecking fetchlands
>>
>>50385264
>4/15/2013: To choose a target at random, all possible legal targets (including creatures and players) must have an equal chance of being chosen. There are many ways to do this, including assigning each possible legal target a number and rolling a die.
Only legal targets are part of the pool to get targeted.
>>
>>50385400
that was exactly what I said?
>>
>>50381660
Pointful?

I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi here but I haven't seen that word since third grade.
>>
File: Image.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
139KB, 223x311px
Seriously what am I supposed to do with this card?
>>
>>50385548
>can't use it to get a bigger creature, your opponent will take it and leave you with the weak one
>can't use it for tricks, it exiles face up
>can't use it to force negative effects, they don't have to take the card
Throw it into the trash?
>>
>>50385548

Combine with a bounce to get your creature back. Or Hijack/Act of Treason it if it would give you the game that turn.
>>
>>50385548
If you forget tokens or dice, you can rip it up and use the pieces as counters.

You can use it in place of valuable paper as kindling.

You can practice altering magic cards.

You can use this as proof that cardboard can indeed be a hate crime.

You can use it as the measurement of the bottom of a magic power curve.

Plenty of uses!
>>
>>50385548
Use it as a makeshift coaster.
>>
File: en_Piq2ywQDCO.png (183KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_Piq2ywQDCO.png
183KB, 265x370px
>>50385548
Grab two of these fuckers. If they want to take one of them, get some value out of it with burn, and bounce when it makes sense to.
>>
>>50385760
Except you are revealing 10 cards, not searching your library for any two creatures.
>>
>>50375951

This card is awesome wtf
>>
File: reveler.png (141KB, 223x311px)
reveler.png
141KB, 223x311px
>>50385791
No you're looking at the top ten and choosing up to two of them. You can choose zero if it doesn't benefit you, but you build your deck so your choices are always beneficial in some way, ie, make them choose between Castigator and pic when Fevered Visions is out.

I'm not saying Challenge is a good card, but it's janky goodness that warms this Johnny's heart.
>>
>>50382772
i miss old silvers that affected all players they were far more fun and i hope we switch back to them soon
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 223x310px)
image.jpg
47KB, 223x310px
This card is a fucking nightmare, I hate it so much
>>
>>50385612
Yea but most bounce cards are at least 3 mana and dubious challenge is 4 mana already, bringing it up to 7, and at that point I'd rather just pay it's mana cost the normal way. And what's stopping the oponent from counterspelling the bounce or sacrificing it first?

While I could see this strategy working, it's so situational and complex that the choice to bring one in your deck would be quite a dubious one.
>>
>>50385939
Boomerang is UU.
Man, this can make a crazy Melvin Izzet deck.
>>
>>50385642
>You can practice altering magic cards.
that card would probably be really fun to alter
>>
>>50385939
>Yea but most bounce cards are at least 3 mana
Assuming we're talking standard, there's Just the Wind (with shitloads of discard enablers, again, Bedlam Reveler) and Unsubstantiate. More like 6 mana, which is completely doable with the tempo advantage that Temur can swing.
>>
>>50386000

OR

OR

You could just play good spells
>>
>>50386063
Like I said, it's for the Johnnies, not the Spikes.
>>
>>50386077

Johnnies are subhumans
>>
>>50385952
>>50386000
Huh, guess that'll teach a noob like me to try and speak on these matters

>>50386077
>it's for the Johnnies, not the Spikes.

The who now?
>>
>>50386077
I'm a johhnie, and there comes a point where a card is just fucking awful.

I have more fun trying to "break" a card like Little Girl than that mess.
>>
File: mirrorwing.png (133KB, 223x311px)
mirrorwing.png
133KB, 223x311px
>>50386110
>The who now?
Johnny, Spike and Timmy are the three major archetypes of players. There are dozens of articles out there.

>>50386181
That sounds like math to me. I want games that I'll remember, and big plays. I don't aim to break anything, just get value in weird ways.

>pic related and Reveler, with Blossoming Defense and Just the Wind in hand
Can't stop brewing, must achieve christmasland
>>
>>50383934
That art would be cool if Jace wasn't standing in front of the rest of the party (the tank and healer/tank are standing behind both wizards, wtf) with bright glowing hands obscuring the whole shot. The good guys posing as a team should have better art.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px)
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
May it was useful way back when...
>>
>>50386447
Shoulda went for sentai.
>>
>>50385548
Use it to grab combo pieces that are useful in your hands and useless on their own.

Use it in a tribal deck; you have support for it and your opponent doesn't.

Use it when you were about to remove all your opponent's stuff anyway.

Use it to grab creatures with drawbacks that your can work around but your opponent can't.
>>
File: js_bs.png (206KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
js_bs.png
206KB, 400x400px
>>50386181
>having fun trying to break a little girl
>>
>>50378880
>what is madness
>what is graveyard play
>what is fevered visions
>>
File: hunted troll.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
hunted troll.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>50385548

See: the Hunted Cycle. Terastodon.
>>
>>50386181
>breaking little girl
cant be hard 2 .5/.5 creatures is better then a single 1/1
>>
>>50381858
air elemental is always a 4/4
this is just a flying man for 5 if your opponent has an empty board
>>
>>50386633
you dont play it when your opponent has an empty board
>>
>>50386649
you can play air elemental when your opponent has an empty board
>>
>>50385548
I can think of two uses: the first is getting a creature into play that changes the board state in a way that doesn't depend on who controls the creature. The best example of that would be some of the old "lords" that affected all creatures of the relevant type, and not just the ones you control.

Even that is still shitty in a mirror match and most tribal decks probably don't have room for that shit.

The other thing I can think of is as an offer of goodwill in a multiplayer game.

Either way there are plenty of other cards that fill those roles better.
>>
File: 1474826333500.jpg (588KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1474826333500.jpg
588KB, 1200x675px
>>50383934
>>
>>50386690
and in an emergency you can play this for a 1/1 as well.
its more situational but if your playing blue you should be used to that
>>
>>50383776
Shit that's flavorfull af
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 461x716px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 461x716px
>>50385548
Flickerwisp + Emrakul. "Can't win the game" effects like Abyssal Persecutor's are also good if you have sac outlets.

You could argue the opponent doesn't HAVE to take one, but if they let you take TWO Persecutors the game is as good as won from the immense beating you are about to deliver.

Its actually a decent enough card, if you are creative enough to use it. And I needed to. Because I pulled 6 of these motherfuckers, 1 foil.
>>
>>50386592
I have a short story of sorts of this kind. Well not really but whatever.
I was drafting OG Ravnica block about 2 years ago or so, and in one of the packs one of my friends opened, as a second rare a Spanish Hunted Troll. They were English boosters. I saw it pass the table a whole time
>>
>>50362999
I always felt maybe 4 mana would make it powerful enough to see play at the time , with the mana cost being pretty heft as is
>>
>>50365133
Rude , thats a great planeswalker you just posted
>>
>>50362978
>That shit would never happen with Magic, good players will almost always beat shitters.

And that is why MTG has a stigma. Modern audiences HATE this kind of thing. They expect to join in and with almost no experience be able to perform at the top.
>>
>>50364136
All legendary creatures should be deck setters. They should define the deck ans then supercharge it when on the field. If you play a legendary creature it should be an automatic timer for your opponent a "Answer me now or you WILL lose." So many Legendary's now a days are just utility or they dont do anything deck defining. You should never just add in a legendary for shits and giggles.

Ulrich should have super charged werewolf decks. He hits the field and that's it. Something like being able to transform werewolfs at the end of turn or keep them from transforming. Or doing something when other cards transform. Instead hes just a beater.
>>
>>50389049

Pretty much like fighting games then
>>
>>50364724
>failed in every single way

Shes probably my strongest deck. I give my opponent a gun t hen force him to shoot his friend in the face. I love playing 8 player games with her and watching as alliances break down fast. As they all scramble to try and do something about her. Then by the time to do manage it half the table is gone and I have 2 or 3 wincons on the bored.

She could have been a lot better but I fucking love her ability.
>>
>>50385258

>4U
>>
>>50376992
>power creep

Power creep doesn't exist when the game was depowered and still is no where close to the power levels it was at before.
>>
>>50383934
I just want new planeswalkers. I think a walkers should only get three cards before being retired in favor of new walkers. Its suposed to be a multiverse but instead we keep getting the same few chucklefucks.
>>
>>50389319
There's two power creeps, one for noncreatures and one for creatures.
The one for noncreatures is just reversed.
>>
>>50383989
>Kamigawa -> Umezawa
Umezawa's aren't even native to kamigawa
>>
File: toshi.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
toshi.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>50389410
Yes they are, pic related.

The Umezawa clan that Tetsuo was from, the one who killed Bolas, was his descendant.

Basically, at the end of the Human-Spirit War on Kamigawa, the Myojin of Night's Reach ended up sending pic related back through time and space, he landed on Madara and made the Umezawa clan there.
>>
>>50376992
Well at least fixed!goyf isn't mythic
>>
>>50383322
>not overpowered
If you're going to argue about cards based on their preformance in standard consider;
In standard it was this (and angel) that first broke all their rules about what mythics were supposed to be like. It turned out turn 3 titans because they put it alongside fetches. It's would see play as a 4 of in a standard with lightning bolt
>>
File: dryyYRu.jpg (90KB, 677x631px) Image search: [Google]
dryyYRu.jpg
90KB, 677x631px
>>50363282
>>50385258
>playing EDH with some buds
>one of them plays this, first time I see the card
>make the joke
>everyone looks at me puzzled
>realize not everyone is up to date with the epic internet memes
>hear myself explain the joke like a spaz
>nobody laughs

This keeps me up at night
>>
>>50390328
>have shit like this happen to me All the time
>dont get the joke
>>
>>50360558
>Commanders
fuck dis
>>
>>50364553
>Time elemental is made of time
good luck illustrating that nimrod
>>
>>50365831
Shame, cuz art is good
>>
>>50390328
>explaining 4U to anyone
Oh my god I'm feeling collateral cringe. My heart goes out to you son.
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.