[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 72

Comfy Commander's Edition

Old: >>50303930

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>50324099
>Sigarda, Heron's Grace

Strictly worse than Host of Herons as a commander.
>>
I think she's pretty weak for human tribal but on the other hand I like the nuance that the hexproof while feeling kind of random to me actually synergizes with innistrad's GW humans since they have an aura/equipment theme. Of course wanting to simultaneously go wide while also having the buff theme there is pretty shit but still.

Also it feels like Sigarda's aid fell off the map. That is a card that exists. I might out it into karlov since it's a one stop.
>>
>>50324116

Well, I run a pretty stellar Host deck, but I can see why Heron's Grace would appeal to people doing human tribal + soldier token hordes. She's a definitely more budget-friendly too. My host enchantress deck runs pretty expensive.
>>
>>50324116
It's a completely different deck than Host of Herons. a shittier one.but they aren't exactly in the running with each other
>>
>>50324116
Yeah it is, but I like all the lore that surrounds her, plus the fact that she gives YOU hexproof, is pretty damn useful for a lot effects. Alot of humans aren't all that bad either, even if human tribal in and of itself isn't that good.

Me myself, I got tired of building combo, black, and stax, so I decided to build human tribal using Sigarda, Heron's Grace as the Commander. Much different building this deck than usual, especially because I had to compromise between value and flavor, as well as attempt to make a good deck because human tribal in and of itself isn't very good. Thought you guys would like a look, maybe make some suggestions, ask some questions about lore and shit.

Link: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humanity-fk-yeah-1/
>>
what is the most fappable magic card? I'm going on a camping trip soon and won't have Internet access for a few weeks. Nothing too expensive please. Bonus points for actual useful cards.
>>
>>50324350
i fucking hate nerds
>>
>>50324381
Woah. Don't tell me youve never don't crack a pack and spank it to the sweetest honey in there
>>
>>50324399
The only mtg character that i wanna fuck is venser
>>
First for holy shit stop buying Atraxa and Meren, have a fucking identity.
>>
>>50324162
Sigaurdas aid is a game changer for voltron, look at all th swords and then look at them being flashed in response to a killspell or no blockers.
>>
>>50324399
>tfw only junk commons to wank to

also in other news i played an edh deck on xmage that made me want to quit edh forever
>>
>>50324600
azuza?
>>
>>50324600
just realized this sounds like (you) bait so i'm just going to say the deck was azorius pillowfort

like, it wasn't a bad deck, it just felt like anti-mtg
>>
File: ghave.jpg (229KB, 1428x678px) Image search: [Google]
ghave.jpg
229KB, 1428x678px
building a budget Ghave combo deck & still need to cut ~30 cards before I adjust the lands

What do y'all think?
>>
>>50324116
Don't fucking reply to this.
>>
>>50324167
>human tribal + soldier token hordes.
I was actually thinking of this, any decent decks
>>
I love to make "thematic" decks but they're always fucking terrible.
>>
My group broke my spirit last night. Now I don't feel like playing mtg anymore. Its bullshit
>>
>>50325334
get it off your chest anon chan
>>
>>50323951
>>50324306
thanks guys, sweet tech there
I might try karador, from my experience he's been a menace but I think with a focus on spirit/kamigawa tribal he should be a lot less insane. I just like making kinda whacky decks and kamigawa is one of my favourite sets both mechanically and flavourfully (it's just underpowered as fuck)

Shame I miss out on blue, I wanted to put the unspeakable in but I can think of some cool stuff just with karador.
>>
>>50325334

What shit did they pull?

Pooling Counterspells and Fogs on you or something?
>>
>>50325340
Nothing more to say really. Just them constantly targeting me and playing their stupid politics
>"hurr durr anon you should have an answer to that card just played"
>"hurr you build up way too fast, meanwhile I will get out my consecrated sphinx and if you kill it I will pout until you take it back"

I'm just feeling burnt out from mtg. Probably take a break for a few months
>>
>>50325451

Make a deck that completely breaks everything for everyone.
>>
>>50325893
CHAOS!
>>
>>50325950

Yes! Do stuff like Scrambleverse, Confusion in the Ranks, Thieve's Auction, Cruel Entertainment! Anything that breaks everything for everybody.
>>
>>50325451
been there man
>>
Secret tech for a lands matter deck?
>>
>>50326252
Nonlands.
>>
>>50325451
You're a drama queen, grow a spine.
>>
>feel comfortable with what you brew, even frisky to put a sekrit tech or two
>look up card count
>105 cards
FUCK, what should I cut? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dj-yidris-and-his-wheels-of-steel/
>>
File: 1478892342883.png (964KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478892342883.png
964KB, 1280x720px
>>50325451
Is it possible to play with a different group for a while? or pic related if they are being typical whiny magic players
>>
File: 7.jpg (70KB, 463x433px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
70KB, 463x433px
I already have a Mina&Denn deck, but it's getting too strong for my meta and I'm planning to build a Melek UR spells deck too. While I'm building the Melek deck, which precon should I get; Atraxa, Yidris or Meren?
Or would any of them be too alike GR gudstuff or Melek spells?
>>
>>50326366
*I only have a Mina & Denn GR goodstuff deck
>>
>>50324519
First of all, this would be valid if not for the fact that any precon commander is going to lead to only a few strategies if they're the "good" ones that are focused on something. That said, fuck Meren decks - they either dominate from the start or durdle until they can Fleshbag 2x/turn. Same shit every time. Haven't fought Atraxa yet but I know I will.

Meanwhile, /echg/, help me figure out the best ways to make the Meletis Men group hug harder while still enabling Me over Them. Thinking of going full Honden so I can draw lots more cards than they can.
>>
>>50326277
>I'm a faggot, give me a (You)

>>50326323
Beating up someone over mtg isn't worth jail time. As for other groups I wouldn't know of any since my LGS only ever does Standard and Modern. But my group will also be unable to play since the games are usually hosted at my house since they're all basement dwellers. I think a break for about 2 months is all I need.
>>
File: 42.jpg (141KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
141KB, 480x680px
>>50324099
I decided to build a Kami of the Crescent Moon deck. Any interesting cards that aren't too common? Or maybe a decklist? I want to kill everyone by making them draw too many cards while stalling the game, or make them kill each other with the cards they draw. So card draw and politics would be great.
>>
File: 42.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>50326279
I know what you can add
>>
File: noticia_150920_img1_bptravolta.jpg (35KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
noticia_150920_img1_bptravolta.jpg
35KB, 600x363px
>>50326468
so nekusar, then
>>
File: karador.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
karador.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
r8 n h8
meant to be a midrangey control deck. karador is usually a mid to late game cast. any suggestions?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-05-16-karador/
>>
>>50326557
No, since Nekusar isn't mono U, presents itself as a threat, and the deck is way more expensive to build.
>>
>>50324519
>tfw friend who used to borrow our decks to play bought meren last year
>then bought atraxa this year
please just make your own deck, atraxa isn't even that strong out of the box
>>
>>50326279
ignite memories, demonic dread, deny reality, sangromancer, sprouting vines
>>
>>50326563
Why the Cavern of Souls in such a non-tribal deck?
>>
I have never used a comfy commander. So far I have had Jeleva, Jori en, new Olivia and Yidris.

What about comfy partners? Vial Smasher and Kydele seem pretty cozy together.
>>
>>50326667
it's a little bit of an artifact from when the deck was more spirit heavy, but keeping karador from being countered is nice, and there are a few important spirits in the deck who can become uncounterable. I play in a blue heavy meta.
>>
>>50326667
Probably cuz casting Karador is a vital part of the deck. Most of the time when he's dropped, the game is over. At least in my experience it is.
>>
>>50324174
>It's a completely different deck than Host of Herons
Fuck off this is EDH. Most of your cards are either the same pile of goodstuff as everyone else, or suboptimal.
>>
>>50324519

>My Meren is Lorwyn elf tribal swarm (she's not an elf but she interacts with the tribe better than Nath)
>My Atraxa is Voltron/Enchantress (Jitte, Counter Rings, Swords, Exalted-type stuff)

See? The commander doesn't necessarily have to define the deck, but is a generally strong card you always have access to for interaction with the cards therein. Some are more linear and obvious, but the two you mentioned CAN be built in quite a few ways, especially given the 100-card singleton format.

If you want to see REALLY boring deck construction... look at modern and the same five Tier 1 decks that everybody plays.
>>
>>50326279
What should you cut? Jesus fuck man like half the deck. Brainstorm with no easy access shuffle effects? Storm cards? Pointless cascade spells?
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (150KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
150KB, 223x311px
I would like to nominate Crown of Doom as one of the most woefully underplayed and underrated cards around. I slipped it into my aggro weenies deck and gave me about 60 damage worth of value for 5CMC.
>>
File: image.png (119KB, 200x283px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
119KB, 200x283px
>building Yidris
>all the strategies I think of would work better with this guy as commander

why is it so hard to not just build UGcombos.dec
>>
>>50326864
Because EDH should in reality have a really big banlist.
>>
>>50326888
i agree kind of, I used to build white weenies and vorthos stuff but I got tired of losing and bought Bloom Tenders and Palinchron's and Dead Eyes. now my playgroup has basically told me to power down or get lost, but it's so hard to build intentionally shittier decks when you have the cards and know how to go hard.
>>
>>50326818
not him but brainstorm is good with wheels
>>
What Commander Should I run for my UR Chaos Deck Currently Running Melek & Niv Miz the Firemind but want to switch it up.
>>
>>50327004
Arjun
>>
>>50327004
Mishra. Read him carefully, then read Possibility Storm carefully.
>>
>>50327014
>>50327004
dont do mishra, basically requires possibilty storm out to be good, otherwise useless and actually hurts you..
>>
>>50327033
Not really. There's a number of enchantments that can counter things as a trigger, and he works with all of them.
>>
>>50324194
How does this play. I'm very tempted to make it
>>
>>50326852
its "woefully" underplayed because stuff like gahiji already exists and doesn't fuck you in the ass. I don't know what colors you are in, but green, red, and white all have better anthem effects on their own than this. Unless you are running UB tokens (zombies?) I can't recommend this card at all.
>>
>>50327071
To be honest, I haven't a clue, I haven't even finished putting it together, much less played it yet. Putting together the decklist itself though was fun. Some cool secret tech I found while building it was Standard Bearer and Palace Guard, have their own flavor that I love...
>>
>>50327131

>There are other things that do similar things so it is automatically bad, because heaven forbid you put multiple pump effects in.

Because that's how you play commander right? You throw one Beastmaster Ascension into the 99, dust your hands and sit by contently.
>>
>>50326468
I was thinking of doing that with papa Kruphix. Cards you might want to use are Ebony Eye Netsuke, Iron Maiden, and Uba Mask.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-need-your-love/
>>
File: 9.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Helloooooooo new card for my Jeskai chaos deck.
>>
>>50327297
>Card disadvantage to achieve nothing besides a "splashy" effect
People like you are the worst to play with. Why sit down if you aren't at least going to try and win?
>>
>>50327297
I fucking love Dimensional Breach, but I like it way better in a Voltron deck
>>
>>50327071
>>50327253
Also, about the deck:

The criteria for cards to go into the deck was a bit...restrictive but, for the most part, I'm happy with what I came up with. Generally, everything in the deck was slotted in along the idea of 'Humanity, FUCK YEAH!', so keeping with that theme, along with some other self-restrictions, due to lore and whatnot, the criteria for cards ended up becoming:

>Nothing portraying Humanity in a negative light
>Nothing involving or referencing Fate or Destiny
>No Deities, Angels, Elementals, Avatars, or Incarnations
>Nothing referencing Deities, Angelic beings, Elementals, Avatars, or Incarnations
>No Legendaries other than those on Innistrad whom are still alive/in one piece (with one exception)
>Nothing referencing Legendaries not from Innistrad (with at least one obvious exception)
>No non-human mortal beings (with some rare exceptions)
>Nothing portraying or referencing non-human mortal beings
>Nothing referencing locations other than Innistrad (With a couple of exceptions)
>Nothing with non-Innistrad watermarks (again, some exceptions)
>>
>>50327331
But I am.

Its just fun to be chaotic along the way. I usually win via Celestial Convergence, Felidar Sovereign, Test of Endurance, or draw it out with Divine Intervention.
>>
File: warpworld.jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
warpworld.jpg
38KB, 223x310px
>>50327331
>he doesn't like pic related

best way to trigger a competitive player is to put Warp World on the stack, generate infinite mana, and use reiterate to put N copies of Warp World on the stack, where N is any number greater than 1. Teach them that some games just aren't worth winning.
>>
>>50327660
Who said anything about competitive? I just find it insulting that someone would sit down to play a game with me when they have little to no intention of trying to win.
>>
>>50327702
Finding it insulting is a little excessive. You shouldn't take something like that personally.
>>
>>50327709
When you have a job, you value your free time a lot more.
>>
>>50327726
I work two jobs and actively try to make time to play magic.

Don't be petty. It's a casual game in a casual format. Grab a beer and play.
>>
>>50327726
He was making a joke about a super tedious unanswerable combo, that could theoretically be won, but would take an infinite amount of time and shuffling. You're acting like a retard on the internet because your feelings.
>>
File: GostaDirkCOmbo.png (2MB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
GostaDirkCOmbo.png
2MB, 816x1056px
Hey guys, just wondering if this will work?
Im going to try it out at the LGS tommorow
Im running a Hanna, Ships navigator deck btw
with an artifact subtheme
>>
>>50327660
Scrambleverse is better imo, it tilts tryhards just as hard for one mana less, but it also has a better chance of fucking them over as well. Usually there's at least one dude playing Maelstrom or Mayael at my tables, who has a million things on board already, and Warp World usually gives him just as many things to smack you in the face with. Scrambleverse redistributing peoples expensive toys amongst the table has been the catalyst for limitless rage and even some wins for me.
>>
>>50324116
Both Host of Herons, and Heron's Grace are going into my Sisay utility deck. Do I want hexproof, or immunity from sac effects.
>>
Looking for an Alternative to this in Xenagod.

Using it to bounce shit like Genesis Hydra to repeat his effect when I can generate 20+ mana a turn.

Or regal force, eternal witness, etc.
>>
>>50327774
stop making posts like this, they aren't funny
>>
>>50326852
Hehe. I want to run this in a monarch deck.
>>
>>50327833

Temur Sabertooth?
>>
>>50327833
Why not just run Nim Deathmantle and ashnods?
>>
>>50326366

Can I see your list?
>>
>>50327884
how would that flicker genesis hydra?
>>
>>50327884
>genesis hydra
>x-cost card
>Graveyard play

please. you're better than this.
>>
File: chandra nallar alter.png (3MB, 1024x1409px) Image search: [Google]
chandra nallar alter.png
3MB, 1024x1409px
DO you think people will laugh at me if i bring this to my LGS? I think i already get looks for my suggestive one piece sleeves. Do yall think this is too much?
>>
>>50327902
>>50327908
Well, shit I ignored the genisis hydra part and got excited for the 20+ mana eternal witness recursion combos.
>>
>>50327920

I almost judge you more for the poor fucking art than the fact you have a cheesecake alter.

Seriously bad. Don't do it.
>>
>>50327920
tear the card up and burn it, it's worthless.
>>
>>50327920
Yes, that's way too far. Suggestive anime poses are fine but reprehensible, that is just lewd and crude with very little taste. With friends and beers that would get you looks, with a lgs you're going to get bitched at.
>>
>>50326789
Suboptimal fun is half of the enjoyment.
>>
File: 1478883092969.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478883092969.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>50327426
>felidar sovereign
>>
>>50327950
are you sure? the store owner is pretty cool I think he likes me. and there are not alot of kids there,
>>
Had a commander game today and holy shit was it hilarious. I'll split it into the two best parts.
>6-Man Commander
>Game reaches its near end after Non-Black Brothers Hug Deck throws us several turns into the future with free hugs
>Mono black player with Phage the Untouchable as commander
>Got Platinum Angel on the battlefield two turns ago
>Most patient iv ever been playing mono-red but it was oh so worth it
>"Alright, playing Phage from the command zone"
>THE TIME IS NOW
>"In response i pay 5 to use Shattering Pulse with buyback on your Platinum Angel"
>Everyone is silent
>No Responses from fun police
>We spend about 30 seconds staring at eachother
>Wiggle my eyebrows
>He pitches a fit and scoops
>Levels of smug achieved that I never thought possible to find within myself
>"Don't worry, dude, ill handle him", says the Atraxa player

And so it begins
>>
>>50328164
>Phage as commander
He was asking for it desu
>>
>>50326809
you mean standard with the same two decks not modern which puts 6 differnt decks in every top 8
>>
>>50328164
>phage as commander
I can feel the smug all the way from here you did good anon.
>>
>>50326673
Gahiji gives me the warm fuzzies. Play it really huggy, give lots of gifts and build yourself a nice fort. Make sure you play up another, stronger player as the villain. "Oh man, I can't believe he dropped humility, let me just Hull Breach that so we can get back to having fun, right guys?" Then drop an Insurrection (with pic related for good measure) and mop up the leftovers. 60% of the time, it works every time.
>>
File: The Task is Done.jpg (61KB, 268x318px) Image search: [Google]
The Task is Done.jpg
61KB, 268x318px
>>50328164
>Atraxa players turn soon
>Board wipe from a previous turn took his field
>Hardly even mattered, built up his board state with all the mana he had
>An eternity of +1/+1 counter triggers later, swings me for 14 Commander damage
>Luckily my Sulfuric Vortex had stunted his life gain. but now Im sitting on 5 life and 14 commander damage
>He's at 42
>Passes the turn to me with a cocky grin
>Hedoesntknow
>Upkeep take 2, down to 3
>+1 Loyalty on Chandra to make two 3/1 hasty elementals
>Sacrifice my Quest for Pure Flame to double my damage this turn
>Drop a red for Last Ditch Effort to kill a flying chump block he had and put 4 damage on him
>Pay 5 mana into Sarkhan, Dragonspeaker
>Pay 5 more for Mana Geyser
>Gain 48 red mana
>Four open land left, pay 5 floating to return Jaya Ballard, Task Mage from command zone
>Drop a land to equip Ring of Valkas to her
>Pay another red and discard Shattering Pulse to destroy Atraxa
>+1 Sarkhan for a hasty 4/4 dragon
>38 Red mana floating
>Go to combat
>GHITU
>WAR
>CRY
>Dump all my floating mana into Sarkhan, attack for 84 damage after Quest for Pure Flame doubles damage
>He stares at his board
>Pitches a fit and scoops
>The two of them take salty jabs at my plays for the next hour and a half before closing time
>There could not have been a more smug person on this planet while they walked away
>Mfw I planned on doing this since Platinum Angel came to the field two turns ago

I didnt win the pod, but i cant say at all that that wasnt extremely satisfying
>>
>>50327920
Stop inflicting yourself on your LGS altogether.
>>
>>50327131
>doesn't fuck you in the ass.
You realize that the crown can't be given back to you, right?
>>
Do you run monarch cards? I do like a palace jailer in all decks
>>
>>50328705
throne of the high city I slot into some decks and I really want to build a BW Extort deck with a monarch subtheme
>>
File: d9e.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
d9e.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Briar Patch is a uncommon green enchantment from the mercadian masquespansion set of magic the gathering. It costs 1 colorless mana and 2 green mana to cast Briar Patch and put it onto the battlefield. This card reads Whenever a creature attacks you, it gets -1/-0 until end of turn. This is a minor value well with enchantresses that let you draw a card, or that get bonuses for every enchantment that is on the battlefield.

The truth is that while auras are one of the easiest cards in the game of magic the gathering to destroy enchantments, also called global enchantments are one of the hardest. The reason for this is simple. People tend to run about as many removal spells as they expect people to play that type of card, or a few less. In addition to this the danger of the cards killing them effects it. This means that people run a lot of creature removal and even mass creature removal but th when you a lot of them and this is a card that has a lot of potential in an enchantment deck as it will potentially shut down a small creature deck almost completely.
In constructed play this card has a fair amount of potential in a variety of different ways. The main issue though is that if your opponent is far less likely to attack then they are going to be better at defending. This means that it would be a very good way to slow down a game if you were playing a elfball type of game in which you want to build up a lot of mana to cast a big fire ball rather than trying to attack with green. It could also be good in a big creature green deck because if you are have bigger creatures than your opponents you’ll eventually break through any defense they build but you need the extra time and this can give you that.

In draft and sealed deck play this card simply gives you a lot of ability to be considerably more aggressive than you would otherwise play or simply allow the game to go longer. In general you’ll want tit certainly will not be a deck you draft early.
>>
File: 1479088973587.jpg (14KB, 294x331px) Image search: [Google]
1479088973587.jpg
14KB, 294x331px
Someone tell me not to be an idiot before I go make Mardu Samurai Tribal helmed by Alesha
>>
File: 1478893362326.jpg (92KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478893362326.jpg
92KB, 500x375px
>>50328496
doing god's work, anon
>>
>>50327297
Play this with teferi for a pretty good head start on board prescence
>>
>>50328825
I used to run samurai wirh alesha and aa cool as it may be flavor-wise its fucking dull as hell to play. Theyre just shittier warriors for the most part. You'll also find yourself playing some real bad cards. Maybe the deck has a better shot with saskia but unfortunately i dont think samurai will ever really get their day
>>
that is going to be a tough deck to build sonny
>>
>>50328825
the easiest way to talk yourself out of it is just look at the financial and time investment that you will put in for about 5 minutes of a thrill before realizing how awful and unpleasant it is to play, when you could put that time elsewhere.
>>
File: Image[1].png (144KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].png
144KB, 223x311px
ANY RECMMONED ON HWO TO BUILD DWARF TRIBEL???
SORRY BAD ENGLISH IS NOT 1ND LANGUAGE
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50328989
>secret tech in dwarf tribal
>>
>>50329016
this one is actually pretty good
>>
>>50328496
Good job, Anon!
>>
File: 66.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
66.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
how do I build around this?
commander is probably child of alara
>>
File: 1479436621870.png (218KB, 1022x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479436621870.png
218KB, 1022x1024px
>>50329088
>>
>>50329088
that card from conspiracy 2 that gives a card all card names
>>
>>50329116
just looked, that's an equipment
>>
>>50329156
oh whoops, guess your shit outta luck then friend
>>
>>50328550

I'll admit I'm bad at Magic, but wouldn't someone gaining control of the crown allow them to use it's 2 mana ability to just pass it back to me on their turn? I've got the damn thing, and I've kept it out of all my decks because I just assumed it would backfire on me and havepeoe hate me down before it caused damage to the table.
>>
>>50329088
This could actually funny against good stuff decks, oh you played your sol ring into cultivate eh? Take six
>>
>>50329088
don't it's fucking retarded
>>
>>50329329
yes, and?
>>
>>50329338
if you didn't have something in mind to build it with then why are you playing it.
>>
>>50329319
It's funny, because it's works best in a deck that is filled to the brim with staples/goodstuff.

Which means you are NEVER going to use it, because you have actual good cards in your deck to play instead.
>>
I don't know where to go with my Atraxa deck: i would like to build a +1+1 based deck with some PWs to support or for win cons but i fear it's gonna be too vulnerable to board wipes, i find superfriends really boring and infect basically the same as a +1+1 just less flashy and with less interactions.
Post your Atraxa juicy techs.
>>
>>50329314
"Other than its owner"

The person who owns the card is separate from who is controlling it. Essentially every card "remembers" who's card it is, so that even if you lose control of a card, you are still recognized as the owner of that card.

And this card can't be passed back to its owner. So it remembers that you own it, even though you don't control it.
>>
>>50329088
Shared Fate and graveyard shuffling. Also ways to copy spells, preferably
>>
>>50329610
I think I get what you're saying
Hive Mind is already going in the deck as part of an actual win con, and Elixir of Immortality is too. ohhh baby

not sure how to avoid reshuffling grim reminder though
>>
>>50329684
nvm I'm a dumbass
>>
File: Marcie.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Marcie.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
I haven't played EDH in a long while and I'm not sure what to try building
My last deck was helmed by pic related and built to steal everyone's creatures
Any suggestions?
>>50329684
>>50329692
I think you lost me anon, care to elaborate?
>>
>>50329706
>hive mind and elixir of immortality in play
>play any harmless spell that can't remove elixir
>activate elixir
>play grim reminder
>search library for same card I just played, all opponents get hit for 6
>repeatable so long as I can get elixir back
>>
>>50328496
Shouldn't the floating mana have disappeared after entering combat?
>>
>>50329753
>>50329706
actually I looked at hive mind's rulings and it doesn't work that way. damn
>>
File: Jaya Ballard Avatar_VNG.jpg (61KB, 357x505px) Image search: [Google]
Jaya Ballard Avatar_VNG.jpg
61KB, 357x505px
>>50328496
>that filename

Also

Is it just me,or is the vanguard art for jaya WAY better
>>
>>50329810
Hot damn titties Ballard
>>
>>50329786
Eye of the Storm would work though, so long as they don't see it coming
>>
Hey yo. Rules question. If I have a myriad creature, like the white 4/4 angel, and in my precombat main phase I cast triumph of the hordes, do the myriad copies of the angel come in as 5/5s with infect?

Also post favorite partners.
>>
>>50327901
You mean Mina and Denn?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wild-gruudstuff/
>>
File: shivan-wumpus.jpg (64KB, 210x297px) Image search: [Google]
shivan-wumpus.jpg
64KB, 210x297px
So say this massive ass hat sits down at the table and pulls out his commander for a land destruction deck.
What would it be?
Also tips for building one?
>>
>>50330028
They do not
If you find a way to cast triumph at instant speed once the copies are in play that'd work
Kydele's my favorite, seems like she lends herself to a faux-storm deck
>>
>>50327833
erratic portal
>>50330028
no
>>
>>50330063
The obvious options here are Numot the Devastator and Myojin of Infinite Rage.
The former is a lot easier to use and gives you more colors
>tips
Stone Rain is bad, you need repeatable and/or mass destruction, or just rely on Numot to break lands
>>50327833
Seconding Erratic Portal, Umbilicus/Blood Clock are pretty good here too
>>
>>50330071
Roger. Makes sense. Copy effects and layer 0 yadda yadda.
Yeah Kydele is cool. Pair her with a boros partner and go nuts with Jeskai Ascendancy.
>>
File: Approaching dog.jpg (23KB, 385x384px) Image search: [Google]
Approaching dog.jpg
23KB, 385x384px
>>50330213
>non-U
>Jeskai
>>
>>50330267
>Kydele
>non-U
>>
File: CantBoseijuThis.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
CantBoseijuThis.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50328480
>With Pic Related for good measure
>>
>>50330213
Not even layers, just any effect that impacts creatures you control temporarily (until end of turn) only affects creatures you control when it resolves
Ooh, didn't think of ascendancy, I was gonna go with a Rakdos partner for black's couple windfall effects
>>
File: Kydele.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kydele.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>50330267
>Non-U
>>
>>50327833
>>50327873
Seconding Temur Sabertooth. Dude's a real hero.
>>
>>50326789
>implying
You build both decks completely differently, unless you're a retard with no imagination.
Goodstuff is the worst strategy
>>
>>50330165
cheers, i'll have a look
>>
>>50327774
If what will work? I have no fucking idea what you're trying to accomplish here.
>>
Is a political Edric ever going to work? I feel like that's a thing I want to do but I know my group will shit in my mouth for building Edric, when all I wanna do is stay on the sidelines and play the long politics game. I kinda wanna just watch my opponents smash each other while talking them into not killing me
>>
File: sen-triplets-cropped.jpg (144KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
sen-triplets-cropped.jpg
144KB, 464x664px
I've been wanting to build a deck around them for so long. How are they as a commander?
>>
>>50330286
>>50330309
Oh, misread. I though he paired Tymna with the boros commander
>>
>>50331188
Barring that, what other political commanders/colors are worth considering? I want something that can help others when they're down and disrupts the person leading the game, but ultimately plan to win myself? Basically I want to pack tons of cheap instant-speed removal/counterspells and maintain the card advantage to use them. Edric seems like an obvious option but I also want to run some white fun stuff like Orzhov Advokist, but then I don't really like the Bant commanders either.

shit's hard yo
>>
>>50331337
Queen Marchesa is literally politics.
>>
>>50331189

Decent, your mana color requirements are tricky though
>>
>>50331189
>>50331386
Just play gorillion mana rocks that let you tap for any colour and MycoLettuce.
>>
File: eAs2.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eAs2.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
No Wizards allowed
>>
>>50326478
Cheeky, that would nice with old Niv too. Also I should have Niv in the list regardless, I'll be wheeling a lot anyway.

>>50326818
Brainstorm is to put stuff in the deck I want to cascade into

>>50326652
>Sangromancer, Ignite Memories
Shit I hate cutting cards because you always have to take pet cards out. Also it's so funny to resolve a high storm count Ignite.

>Demonic Dread, Deny Reality
I though cards that already had cascade would be nice to get the value going until I can connect with Yidris, bad choices?
>>
A humans deck with Sigarda you say

hmmmm, interessante
>>
File: 1885355-newrawwill_super.png (282KB, 521x646px) Image search: [Google]
1885355-newrawwill_super.png
282KB, 521x646px
>how many cards in hand?
>two
>and how many cards exiled with Gonti again?
>one moment.. . . . 12
The best feeling.
>>
>>50327747
> It's a casual game in a casual format. Grab a beer and play.

Kek you're a narcistic cunt

I don't want to sit down with some sperg who thinks it's really funny to do nothing and take an agonizing ammount of time to do it.

That card and all this chaos meme shit is only enjoyed by retards because it's """"""""funny""""""" and it's only funny because it's so fucking stupid any sane person only suggests it ironically

I want to build a deck with a strategy and see how it interacts with other people who have done the same thing, if one of them is a masdebatory little cunt like you and wants to waste everyones time by making people unable to play their decks so you can laugh and jerk off about how unique and interesting you are while everyone gets justifyably frustrated at the fact that they can no longer play the game they took time out of their day and spent money building decks to play

In short fuck off and stay far away
>>
I'm struggling to find a better colorless sac outlet than Ashnod's Altar, but Altar is just so boring.
>>
>>50331789
Spawning pit? Not as good as altar but..
>>
>>50331784

You're the kind of person everyone avoids at FNM.
>>
>>50331544

it's stupid how they don't allow audio streams on /tg/
>>
>>50331784

You know, it's not your actual reasons, or the particular things that you find distasteful, that make people avoid you.
>>
>>50331810
No one avoids me at FNM friend, they enjoy playing with me because I respect them as players and don't waste their time or intentionally piss them off because I think it's funny

>>50331823
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
File: 191.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
191.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
Is it viable to use Gahiji without going token focus?
I'd like to play a Naya midrange deck with combat focus and plenty of anthems but I don't want to build my entire deck around token weenies.
>>
File: ZBJPP.jpg (649KB, 2526x3600px) Image search: [Google]
ZBJPP.jpg
649KB, 2526x3600px
>playing my Kozilek, Butcher of Truth deck last Thursday
>have a nice boardstate setup with a Clock of Omens/Null Brooch lock going
>play Strionic Resonator with Kozilek out
>start Annihilator 8'ing the guy across from me's board
>starts raging the fuck out about me 'metagaming' our playgroup and how artifacts should be banned

Can someone explain how I can possibly metagame against a playgroup with a fucking colorless deck? I literally put every answer I could fit into my deck since it's so reliant on artifacts.
>>
>>50327920
Is this seriously just glued paper to the card? it's horrible either way so please do us all a favor and just stop breathing.
>>
>>50331865

It was a very literal statement. I don't think it was particularly ambiguous.
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (91KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
91KB, 323x323px
>>50327920
This would be tacky even if the art was 5/5. This Chris-chan tier shit is just self detrimental
>>
>>50327920

Don't bring it to your LGS, and don't use it in general until you can improve your execution in the medium.
>>
>>50327920
HOW TO DRAW MANGA.jpg
>>
>>50327920
does anyone have sauce? this is kinda hot
>>
>>50327660
You could theoretically make infinite numbers of warp world, continue resolving them until you have some form of game winning boardstate and then activate a sundial of the infinite, just need a combo with only permanents.
>>
>>50327660
I prefer Thieves' Auction
>>
>>50332062
I don't know why people bitch about Auction, it requires skill to play it and choose the right things. Only trouble is if people are using similar shields.
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50332075
Just pick every artifact and enchantment your opponents own and cast pic related for maximum asshurt. I never pick creatures with the Auction because Homeward Path is so prominent.
>>
>>50332016
Why sundial when you can win directly with the other warp worlds still on the stack instead?

Also, sounds like an excellent way to piss everyone off by spending 2 hours resolving triggers
>>
File: Christine-Lagardie-300x233.png (94KB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
Christine-Lagardie-300x233.png
94KB, 300x233px
>make a kickin' artifact deck
>all kinds of sickass tech and combos
>3.92 average CMC
Fuck
>>
>make Breya deck
>we try doing a gradual deck change thing, so only swapping 3 cards after each game (lands not included, because playing without a proper manabase is just suffering)
>come to the point where I have removed the cards I want to remove
>still have a pile of +100 staples I want to add to the deck

Anyone have some Breya lists? Need inspiration for what to cut and what to keep. I recently tried adding Alhamarrett's Archive. Really good choice. The lifegain ability on Breya suddenly becomes more relevant too. Especially with Kurkesh in play, Sac 2 artifacts, 2R: Gain 20 life.
But most importantly, I drew my entire deck with Vedalken Archmage and Quicksmith Genius.
>>
>>50332101
It's not about the control though, Auction flickers the permanents so there's also gaining the ETBs or stealing the ones that would give advantage to the opponents. Auction is a lot more politics and cunning than chaos actually.
>>
Alright guys, what is the best commander to play Chronostasis in EDH? I was thinking mostly UB for the tutors and the wincons.
>>
>>50332426
you mean like stax?
>>
>>50332631
yea, but with Stasis and Chronatog as wincons, possibly with a smokestacks and a Orb of Dreams to put the hard lock.
>>
>>50327361
If we were to make it a bit more playable, what would you add in/take out/change in it?
Quickly looking at it, some planeswalkers could help and a few different enchantments maybe? (coat of arms?)
>>
>>50332182
Kinda wanna do this.
>>
>>50331624
While the idea works, Cascade spells just for sake of cascade are bad choice, if the spells are trash.
Why would you want Sangromancer? Ignite Memories I get, it's an okay card.
Brainstorm is good, most of all, if you run some of the 0 cmc cards, such as Hypergenesis or Ancestral Vision, stay away from Pacts.
>>50332426
I play Hanna, since you can recur many of the pieces.
With her, Auratog and that Azorius one whose name escapes me combo with stasis as well, since you can sac Stasis before your turn and play it again. It's also nice since you can use the same trick on Solitary Confinement, but you don't even need Auratog for that, just let it die every upkeep. Six mana for latter, five for former. I really love Confinement ever since after I played against storm. The guy forgot about it and combo'd out afterwards realizing that he couldn't target me or damage me.
>>
>>50331870
>>50328480
>>
>>50331713
I knew people would grow to like him. People on release day acted like he was absolutely awful
>>
>>50325451
There is only one way to go from here. Mono black stax.
>>
>>50325451
watch a bunch of cunts, don't let it get you down anon
>>
>>50333112
but what about the TOOTS, BRAH
>>
>>50325451

This >>50333160 is the only response

Endrek sahr is waiting for you
>>
File: IMG_2202.jpg (50KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2202.jpg
50KB, 543x405px
>>50329465
Atraxa secret tech

It's great in Meren and Narset, too.
>>
>playing volrath reanimator and ramp in a 4 player game
>durdle until midgame, throw down a crux of fate to nuke a pretty established board
>next turn, I play volrath and carnival of souls
>he actually survives until my next turn
>get super excited, discard sephacul primordial, play body snatcher, discard massacre wurm
>victimize body snatcher, bring back massacre wurm geth and the primordial
>net 8 mana, steal the meren players ashnods with geth, play grave pact and mom deathmantel, start looping massacre wurm until the boards clear
>swing with my Fuck huge volrath to blow up the duck ass Narset player
>deflecting palm
>instantly kill myself
>everyone starts laughing
>>
>>50333007
Yeah, Elspeth I would add, would add in all the in-color gods and their weapons, a couple other things. Not to much though, would want to keep the flavor up for the most part. Coat of Arms makes me so sad, the version I have has the best flavor text but all of the have fucking GOBLINS in the the art and reminder text, so it couldn't make the cut...
>>
What's the best way to build around pic related? Should I focus on reanimation or discard?
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (17KB, 285x300px) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
17KB, 285x300px
>>50327920
holy shit neck yourself you autist
>>
>>50333387
i put her in my meren deck to get shit into the graveyard and if for someone reason she gets murdered before she flips i can bring her back. if you can ult she most people will straight scoop
>>
>>50333387
My friend runs a really strong discard variant. Why not run both? You're going to have to discard things as well, you might as well reanimate them. Grave Pact style effects and cheap tokens would pop off.
>>
>>50333112
>While the idea works, Cascade spells just for sake of cascade are bad choice, if the spells are trash.
Well both make way for Yidris and Dread usually cascades into something I want like the enchants or Visions. I do need to cut something and at least that'll leave my Deny in Jeleva.

>Why would you want Sangromancer?
Buying time? I don't have much mass removal. On second look it seems like a bad idea indeed though, if only there were other stuff that benefitted from opponents discarding in mass.
Also what did you meant by Pacts? Like Pact of Slaughter and the likes?
>>
>>50333464
I try out both then. The biggest issue I have with the deck currently is finding ways to flip her. Maybe I'll add dinky shit like Carrion Feeders and Heap Doll
>>
Why can I only build terrible theme decks
>>
is there porn of the ghug guys? I need a gay edh fap
>>
>>50333491
Yeah, the 0 cost instants. It really doesn't matter since you don't have to cast them, but most of the time it's better to run only a few 0 cmcs
>>
>>50333148
well he is pretty bad for his mana cost. there are so many other good cards to flicker/recur in monoblack that doing it to gonti is kind of a waste. not to mention the card you get from his etb is pretty random. i love using him as a commander for fun-time games but he is very mediocre when it comes down to it

>>50331789
there's phyrexian altar but it's more of the same. ashnods is arguably the best colorless sac outlet in the game.
>>
>>50333648
I originally though of running Hypergenesis but there's only 25 permanents on the deck, I felt it would benefit too much the opponents instead of me.
>>
>>50326279
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dj-yidris-and-his-wheels-of-steel/

Two land, grave upheaval, Minds desire, volcanic awakening, gitaxian probe.

But that just me, and only glancing at it.
>>
>>50333600
Because you're bad and you should feel bad
>>
File: Untitled.png (667KB, 864x741px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
667KB, 864x741px
>>50333721
Don't I know it
>>
File: strands.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
strands.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50333387
both are viable ways to build her

>>50333524
fleshbag marauder, merciless executioner, slum reaper, etc. it shouldn't be hard to flip her in a sac&recur deck. monoblack recur stuff is so strong that you might as well incorporate it into your deck. tons of sac outlets are also discard themed (sadistic hypnotist, that little rat guy, that one enchantment, etc.)
>>
>>50333524
Well, if you build your deck on a reasonable curve, you should always have options to flip it. Ravenous Rats is pretty spicy, and things that get you scions are always good. Remember, she's going to be your t3 play the vast majority of time, so build with that in mind. Fleshbag and Merciless Executioner are also pretty good, as is anything with exploit or evoke because they can sac themselves on etb.
>>
>19 pieces of Equipment in Godo
I must stop this
>>
So /edhg/ any partner commanders that you actually like or are pleasently surprised with? For me it's been Vial Smasher, had an unexpected amount of fun playing her and the trick of giving get infect then casting a 10+ cmc card has just been hilarious. Been really indecisive on whether to go with dissapointment scientist or kydele. The former could help discourage attacks on me and have my instants replace themselves while the other helps me ramp into the high cost stuff and give me a return investment of my card draw spells.
>>
>>50333754
YOU
NEED
TWENTY

>>50333813
Kraum&ludevic best buddies 4 ever
>>
>>50333600
Because you focus too much on synergy solely for the sake of synergy.

Order of importance from most important to least important:
>Mana
>Draw
>Threats
>Answers
>Synergy
>>
>>50333600
Same my man
>>
File: 248.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
248.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
There are 5 people building Atraxa in my LGS. All of them are Superfriends. All of them are durdly as fuck.

I would say something like "How do I combat against this?" but I already found the solution that made people scoop, and it's pic related my Tynma/Sidar Kondo deck. Brisela and a fuck ton of creature tutors are in there too. Abzan Hatebears, man.
>>
>>50333931
>>50333921
Look at this

>>50333729

Does that pile of goofy shit look like I have any idea what I'm doing
>>
File: kramer_killing_a_bitch.gif (7MB, 480x276px) Image search: [Google]
kramer_killing_a_bitch.gif
7MB, 480x276px
>>50327920
Holy fuck ima need a time stamp
>>
>>50328496
unless someone had upwelling up, you cheated with that floating mana.
>>
File: Yukora.jpg (964KB, 1701x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Yukora.jpg
964KB, 1701x1274px
>>50333947
You're the stand guy? Can you make me a stand name for my " yukora the prisoner - creatureless control" deck? See pic related

And yeah man, I have half shitty theme decks (cephalids, simic polymorph and goo, enchantments only) and half hard oppression (endrek attrition, kami stasis, nebuchadnezzar/circu hand control lantern control)

Life is good.

How is the ojutai deck? I built one for my gf's little brother as ramp into dragon tribal, works better than it should
>>
>>50334033
Easy.

「 J A I L H O U S E R O C K 」
>>
File: Obstinate Familiar_OD.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Obstinate Familiar_OD.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
CAN SOMEONE MAKE ME A LEWD ZADA ALTER
>>
>>50333920
No I need to cut it down. Some of those slots would probably be better served for utility stuff
>>
>>50334109
I will, actually.
Message me here if you're serious, I'll take your details

http://tannersmodifiedmagiccardsblog.tumblr.com
>>
>>50334171
Do you do beast stuff?
I need a certain scarred fellow in it
>>
>>50327920
>mfw it's a photo of a real card, not just a shoop

You brought this evil into our world
>>
>>50334197
Yeah, I'll do whatever you want
>>
File: 1471778756578.jpg (59KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1471778756578.jpg
59KB, 453x439px
>>50334171
>Autoplay music
>That art
Those are some really nice cards you're ruining
>>
>>50331784
No.
>>
>>50334171
I never thought I'd say this in an EDH thread, but

THIN YOUR FUCKING PAINTS
>>
File: Commander-2016-Full-Decklists.jpg (206KB, 730x521px) Image search: [Google]
Commander-2016-Full-Decklists.jpg
206KB, 730x521px
Out of the box,
Which one is the strongest ?
Which one is the most consistent ?
Which one has the best land base ?
Which one is the most fun ?

After that,
Which one is the best to improve on ?
Which one has the best cards for other strategies/commanders ? (Superfriends Atraxa is another strategy than the one in the precon)

I bought Plunder the Grave last year and I'd like something that play differently
My LGS sell Breed Lethality 5$ more than the others
>>
File: 1438627688861.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438627688861.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>>50334171
>That super thick paint (Never thought I'd have to use THIN YOUR PAINTS on something flat like a trading card)
>Shit just painted over the regular art with no care to the background at all(That Sidisi/Kemba/Roon)
>Ruining Mimeoplasm, Skullbriar, and Karlov like thatg
>That fucking Into The Core

The only decent ones there are Thelon (because you stuck to the inside of the card art and didn't go over lines) And Isamaru (Because it's literally a tracejob)
>>
File: in progress.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
in progress.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>50334285
You need to Crack alot of eggs to make an omelet

Hundreds of eggs

Thousands

>>50334347
I know, I know. I really, really need to.
I do my art with pen and paper (See pic related ) so I like a bold look. Acrylics are hard to learn. I'll do my best, and try to impress you in the future

>>50334379
Honestly, the skullbriar was a heavy play I got for a dollar, the mimeo is mine (I don't like the og art, yeah I know) and the rest are poor jobs/practice.

I appreciate the criticism, I'll try to improve
>>
>>50334360
In order, from what I understand:

Saskia, Saskia, Saskia, Saskia, Atraxa.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>50334404
>my art
Is that what you call it?
>>
>>50334404
What's that one meant to be?
>>
File: thing.jpg (152KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
152KB, 1080x1920px
>>50334417
Honestly, I shouldn't. I know. The man asked if anyone could do it so I said I could. poorly

>>50334425
Nothing really. I just like to draw to draw.
I can only really draw things like that. See pic related.
>>
>>50334360
>Which one is the strongest ?
atraxa
>Which one is the most consistent ?
breya
>Which one has the best land base ?
probably atraxa
>Which one is the most fun ?
yidris
>>
my group is composed of troglodytes that just attack whoever has the most things on the table, no matter what those things are. i'd like to play something funny like ephara hatebears but i know they would hate me out because "well he flickered his guy and drew a card"

i basically just want to cast lots of small spells and maintain card advantage. what commander helps me do that? preferably blue and/or white colors, i don't have a deck in those colors yet
>>
>>50334360
>Strongest
Aggro = Saskia, Combo = Breya, Atraxa's a good mix between the two
>Most Consistent
Atraxa seems to be the most straight foward of the decks (Pump +1/+1's on everyone and swing)
>Best land base
Yidris and Homogreeks
>Most fun
Yidris

>Which one is the best to improve on
Probably Homogreeks, since they have no real wincons from what I hear other than milling people with Keening Stone. If you mean "Which deck is best to add shit to to make better with as little changes as possible" then probably Atraxa or Saskia

>Which one has the best cards for other strategies/commanders ?
Breya comes with like 10 other cards you can run as commanders (Sharuum, Daretti, Hanna, among others). Atraxa comes with Ghave though, who's always fun (Although I have a Abzan Bias)
>>
>>50329465
The marquedian masks depletion lands (peat bog, hickory woodlot, etc) have potential. They enter with 2 depletion counters and tap for 2 mana, at the cost of a depletion counter (if it runs out of counters you sac it).
>>
>>50334171
Jesus Christ THIN YOUR PAINTS you bald sperglord
>>
>>50334404
See, your linework is fine, you're just a craplousy painter. For the love of god, learn your medium before you go around ruining more cards. There's no reason to do any of these, you're not altering the cards, you're literally just painting over existing art.
>>
File: 1459377983511.jpg (44KB, 444x443px) Image search: [Google]
1459377983511.jpg
44KB, 444x443px
>mfw I play oath of the druids in the faggot group hug deck and won the game against real decks
>>
>>50334940
And "just painting over existing art" isn't bad, if you're painting over it with something interesting, and know how to fucking paint.
>>
File: ghave.jpg (285KB, 1738x695px) Image search: [Google]
ghave.jpg
285KB, 1738x695px
I picked up the Atraxa deck (sweet list btw, came with Reveillark, bunch of lands & Sol Ring, Ghave, etc.), but I'm not really feeling the commanders. Anyone got advice for budget Ghave? I think combo & interaction would be a lot more fun than big creatures
>>
File: painted by my girlfriend for me.png (887KB, 631x1120px) Image search: [Google]
painted by my girlfriend for me.png
887KB, 631x1120px
>>50334882
>Bald sperglord
LOL yeah man will do. My issue is when I try, the background base coat of gray shows through too much. So I use more paint, and it's too thick. I need to learn.

>>50334940
I appreciate the criticism, and yeah, maybe you're right.
Although an "alter" changes the art, while an"extended border" well, extends the border. My girlfriend actually does respectable work extending borders as a hobby, (i post the kraj, pic related, all the time she painted for me, I'm sure you've seen it in one thread or another) I picked up altering just to try. Im not great, as you can tell, but practice makes perfect. I'll practice on tokens from now on.
>>
>>50335270
I'd say step one is learn how to use the medium. Like they said, your linework is fine, but your application of paint is beyond sloppy. I'd bet none of them are even SLEEVE playable.
>>
>>50334634
Noyan Dar.
>>
>>50335303
>cast an instant spell to make one of your lands explode the next time someone wogs

am i missing some kind of value interaction here
>>
>>50335387
Terra Eternal.
>>
File: 1478889983319.jpg (10KB, 232x206px) Image search: [Google]
1478889983319.jpg
10KB, 232x206px
>>50334171
>that t h i c c paint
>those unsteady lines
>ruining previously nice cards
>>
>>50335400
cool but what about that remaining 87% of the time when i don't draw that card by turn 5
>>
>>50335469
You lose. Obviously.
>>
>>50333358
I'll throw something together, would you willing to take a look?
>>
>>50335469
Dump the counters on Darksteel Citadel, run counters, Vanish Into Memory, Ghostly Flicker etc
>>
>>50335469
counter it because you're in blue or otherwise protect it since you're in white
no one said noyan dar was good but you don't make anybody change their mind if they had by being intentionally dense.
>>
>>50335573
that seems like a lot of work just to make some land beaters

you know what, i think i'll just build bribery man. or maybe augustin but with a weird group hug twist. gosh i dont know. i'd just like to cast bounces on my friends' creatures when they inevitably tap them at me for having a sol ring or something
>>
>>50335710
Build a purely reactionary deck. Aetherize, Cyclonic Rift, Fated Retribution, Rout, lots of spot removal. Beat them to death with a dinky little 1/1 flier and any time they look at you crooked, obliterate everything they own.
>>
>>50335746
yeah that's what i want to do but none of the commanders azorius commanders really compliment that. i guess augustin and gwafa can sort of help with that, but augustin draws aggro and gwafa is kinda goofy
>>
>>50335810
Go with Isperia 2. Dome them with your big flying cat while you dare them to touch her.
>>
>>50335566
Sure, always love looking at other people's list, especially if it's based off one of mine.
>>
>>50335829
that seems like it would die to removal in an instant and i don't feel like getting the protection suite to deal with that

ephara seems like she would be nice but she turns into combo memery very easily and my group would fuck me up for it
>>
>>50335746
I'd do Dragonlord Ojutai or Giest of Saint Traft. The former is a great reactionary general and the latter is probably easier to build around. Evasion/Protection on generals is always king.

Im personally gonna build Giest Spirit Tribal.
>>
>>50335942
Don't forget your Sea Monsters
>>
i want to do treefolk tribal, should i go with doran or sapling of colfenor
>>
>>50335930
Dragonlord Ojutai? If she's vigilant there's the protection and she has the in-built card advantage you looked for.
>>
>>50336256
Sapling's probably fine. There's only 5 Treefolk you lose out on by cutting white:

Indomitable Ancients, Oaken Brawler, Sentry Oak, Old Ghastbark, and Treefolk Healer.
>>
>>50336279
>She
Ojutai and Silumgar are male. Kolaghan, Dromoka, and Atarka are female.
>>
>>50336330
I only knew about Atarka and Kolaghan, though the others were flipped.
>>
>>50336330
>Kolaghan and Dromoka are female.
The more you know
>>
>>50336345
EZ way to check is to just look at the German translation. Feminine titles will have a suffix added; Ojutai and Silumgar are Drachenfürst, while the other three are Drachenfürstin .
>>
>>50336256
I'd do Saporling. Indestructible on a commander is extremely valuable, I dont care what anyone else says.

Personally, it's why I prefer Tajic over other Boros commanders. Sure, it's combat oriented but I've seen Tajic voltron builds that end games super quickly.
>>
>>50335876
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigarda-edit/
here's my swing at it, what do you think
>>
File: oohgooo.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
oohgooo.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>Finally get the chance to irl playtest my new altered precons from C16
>Yidris pretty mediocre, but definitely a lot of fun (when people let me hit with him)
>Bring out Kynaios and Tiro
>Game 1 goes smoothly, everyone's basically ignoring me and it gets down to 1v1
>Top deck a reverse the sands while I'm at 3 life with Isperia in play and opponent has no flyers
>Take the W
>surprisedlaughter.gif
>Game 2 goes similarly smoothly
>Get it down to 1v1 again, I'm at 34 opponent at 30 with huge board state; his win is in the bag
>Top deck Reins of Power
>Play it and win
>"hahaha what are the chances"
>Game 3
>Everyone (but me) has a huge board state because I played Collective Voyage (for 6), followed by Minds Aglow (for 8) then Tempting Wurm the turn after
>Play Azor's Elocutors
>Laughter
>"What a silly card"
>"I know right, anon? I figured I had to have some win condition in here just for shits and giggles"
>Nobody bothers with it for the first two turns; one player is killed so it's a 3 player game now
>Play Standstill
>No one does anything for another 2 "turns"
>Azor's Elocutors has 4 counters on it
>Next player passes
>Now the last player has to do something or I win
>Attempts to Cyclonic Rift
>I draw 3
>One of the cards I draw is Reins of Power
>Play it
>He gains control of Azor's Elocutors
>It doesn't bounce
>Mfw I win 3 games in a row with a group hug deck that I thought only had one win condition

Where did I go wrong?
>>
>>50336753
Where is your group doing wrong, seems they let you live because of the extra resources but forget you are getting extra mileage out of it.
>>
>>50331189
Throw in Celestial Dawn to be able to cast anything your opponents have
>>
>>50334171
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT MIMEOPLASM JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>50334404
>Doesn't like based T-Rex arm

Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>50335270
Stick with it bro, just don't take the things people say here personally
>>
>>50336877
Nah, Fellwar Stone and the rainbow rocks are artifacts and ramp on top of fixing, and even being able to cast in Esper gives you a lot to do. Not worth a card slot.
>>
>>50336897
It's a ugly blob
>>50336921
"Death must be so beautiful, to lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above ones head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forget life, and be at peace"
-Oscar Wilde
>>50336953
Hey thanks, and it's all good, I appreciate the criticism
>>
>>50336316
im not so much worried about losing out on creatures as i am the board whipes
>>
>>50328496
>>50328164
Honestly that's just an impressive turnaround. I never understood salt in games, especially if you're going to fly close to the sun with a commander like Phage, or leave yourself open with a wide deck like Atraxa.
>>
File: autism overload.jpg (26KB, 292x271px) Image search: [Google]
autism overload.jpg
26KB, 292x271px
>>50327920
>Ruining $8 card

Barbarian
>>
>>50335469
You're in blue and white.

Search for it. Mystic Tutor/Merchant Scroll into Enlightened Tutor. Long Term Plans, Idyllic Tutor, Academy Rector, Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance.

Or just control until you get the ability to play it.
>>
>>50327920
I feel stupid for liking this. Can you link an uncensored version?
>>
>>50336753
>Reins of Power in response to overloaded Rift
Beautiful.
>>
>>50335270
>http://tannersmodifiedmagiccardsblog.tumblr.com

Spend money on better paint, and then thin it properly. You're using garbage craft paint.

t. art school fag
>>
File: 1471810844485.png (136KB, 471x411px) Image search: [Google]
1471810844485.png
136KB, 471x411px
>>50337809
Here.
>>
File: haniwa figure dancing man.jpg (35KB, 464x640px) Image search: [Google]
haniwa figure dancing man.jpg
35KB, 464x640px
Yo guys, it's been a bit since I've built a new commander deck, and I want to get back into it. What are some interesting build-around commanders to play with?

I already play Titania, Brion Stoutarm, Feldon, Noyan Dar, and Sisay.
>>
>>50326888
Nah
>>
>>50337373
>8 american squirrel skins for literally worst Chandra
She's just bad and no one plays her. She deserves to be degraded into shittily drawn anime slut.
>>
>>50338583
I'm tempted to say Endrek Sahr. You don't have any black
>>
>>50331784
>masdebatory.
nigga wat?
>>
>>50331865
>>50331823
>>50331906
seems like he's calling you an obnoxious cunt.
>>
>>50338583
>>50338828
endrek sahr has to go stax to be useful in my experience. black token synergy isn't that strong unless you go for sac outlets that force discard cards

but monoblack is pretty fun though. my monoblack is a kokusho deck. in my last session, i drained everyone for like 60 life. then they ganged up on me and hit me with their monsters, so i drained even more of their life and then they ran out of life points. then they got mad
>>
>>50337048
>It's an ugly blob

Yeah man, yours is much less ugly, with those teeth that just look like you dabbed white-out all over the card.
>>
File: Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker_BOK.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker_BOK.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>50338989
>>50338828
>>50338583
Well, staying in black, Shirei is super build around and pretty fun.
Even when there is build around commanders, they still enforce some strategies anyway, as Shirei also is good in stax department.
>>
File: frog.png (202KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
202KB, 241x347px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gitrog-in-paper/

Anyone want to talk frog?
>>
>>50327920
You should step it up, also get new sleeves
>>
File: thraximundar.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
thraximundar.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>50338583
>>
>>50331784 #
God you are such an abysmal person. People love playing in group games against my chaos decks.

Lighten up and stop being such an uptight cunt. People will ACTUALLY like you more.
>>
File: 5 minutes and a sharpie.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
5 minutes and a sharpie.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
While we're on topic, how do you feel about alters in game?
>>
>>50339674
The shitty etsy ones need to go.
>>
>>50339392
Maybe if you play with a bunch of literal children.
>>
File: Scarred Puma_IN.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Scarred Puma_IN.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>50337809
Here man, managed to find it
spoiled so I dont get banned.
>>
>>50340118
>>50340118
>>50340118
>>50340118
>>50340118
New thread.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.