[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 429
Thread images: 87

File: 74a.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
74a.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Unconventional Voltron Commanders Edition

Previous: >>50324099

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>50340118
Zedruu is a pretty good voltron too, slap auras on and donate them
>>
File: frog.png (202KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
202KB, 241x347px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gitrog-in-paper/

Give me attention for fucks sake
>>
>>50340118
>Unconventional Voltron Commanders Edition

First for Doggo
>>
>>50340118
I've always kind of wanted to run Mirri voltron but mono green really doesn't do anything with the archetype aside from auras and enchantresses.
>>
File: polymorph.png (135KB, 223x310px)
polymorph.png
135KB, 223x310px
Anyone have any advice for pic related? Besides the 'run all the manlands and blightsteel colossus' strategy that I want to avoid.
>>
>>50340216
You could run all legendaries and blightsteel colossus
>>
>>50340216
High tide maybe?

Gives you combo lines if you don't polymorph into Palin+Deadeye, and maybe play Kid Jace as a random legendary for sick double tide lines.
>>
>>50340251
In all seriousness though small legends and big nonlegends.dec would be pretty sweet
>>
Her first ability is deceptively strong.
Leave her alone, waiting for her to try and steal your creatures, and all of a sudden she's a flying 10/10 or more swinging for your face and ludicrous Commander damage.
>>
I feel like I hit a wall with my deck. The only way to improve it now is to spend a lot of money on the 3-color mana base (3 original duals, 2 enemy fetches, 3 filters). I don't think there are any nonlands that I would want and can't afford.

I just can't bring myself to spend that much on cards that only help me curve out occasionally. Yes, I am running plenty of other duals and multi-lands to not have a completely shit mana base. But it bugs me that my deck is sub-optimal, you know?

Do you have any budgetary concerns with your decks? Are you saving up? Do you just say "fuck it, it's an investment"? Do you just run 15 Zendikar Expeditions in your deck?
>>
>>50340293
Is there a template/program for these higher quality alters?
>>
File: mirri the cursed.jpg (319KB, 640x927px) Image search: [Google]
mirri the cursed.jpg
319KB, 640x927px
>>50340193
Make a black Mirri voltron.
>>
File: thraximundar.jpg (35KB, 223x310px)
thraximundar.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Post favorite voltron commander
>>
File: 3.jpg (75KB, 312x445px)
3.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
how do I build this? I tried loading it with defender creatures because it's funny and unexpected, but there just aren't enough wall activators so I think big asses without defender are best

I'm afraid the most consistent way to build it is a fat ass version of voltron but my friends are tired of my voltron builds :/
>>
File: 253.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
253.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>50340519
>>
File: bruna.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
bruna.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>50340519
favorite or best?
>>
>>50340525
big butts are really good, you're going to end with lots of treefolk. indomitable ancients are almost necessary. Things that give skulk are also amazing, particularly skeleton key. Retribution of the meek is really good too.
>>
File: behind the scenes.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
behind the scenes.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>50340709
This and Sidar Kondo for unblockable fatasses.
>>
>>50340709
Meant to respond to >>50340525
but i'm sure he still saw it
>>
File: korlash.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
korlash.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50340519
>>
>>50340118
What can I do to improve the basic Meren of Clan Nel Toth deck?
>>
>>50341208
Put in good ETB's and good death triggers?
>>
>>50340538
Post your list?
>>
>>50340216
she is better in the 99 of something like Talrand. Either way, you want a lot of token producers that arent creatures themselves, so you can morph into good stuff. Things like Thopter Spy Network work well.
>>
File: 8.5 tails.jpg (38KB, 371x501px) Image search: [Google]
8.5 tails.jpg
38KB, 371x501px
How good is pic related? It seems really good with things like Glare of Heresy, or is it a trap?
>>
>>50341304
She's long retired and I can't be arsed to make a list, but if you have any particular questions I can answer them.

It's a draw-go voltron archetype, where much of the deck is instant speed control, a handful of artifact tutors and a handful of equipment and auras. You don't need much ramp as Wydwen dodges the commander tax, although mana rocks are still good to do multiple things, then you can transmute them into the sword you want.
>>
File: 21.jpg (64KB, 312x445px)
21.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>50341400
He has cute interactions like Earnest Fellowship, but risks running out of steam like all other mono white generals.
>>
>>50341400
Eight's one of the better mono white generals for what that's worth, but mono white isn't any good except maybe some ruthless Hokori stax decks. And even that I'm not sure about.
>>
File: 58185_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px)
58185_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>50340519
>>
>>50341400

I think he's great

He's not really a "trap" although I think it's def possible to go overboard on color matters stuff, his ability is good just as infinite "2W: thing you control is basically hexproof and basically can't be blocked"

His real problem is that hes really mana intensive, which isn't the easiest thing in mono white so you need to pull out all the stops, all the best mana rocks and mana doublers you can afford

And then there's the card draw issue, I think he's good at making card draw less important, because he protects the spells you play and makes you play a little slower, so you won't overextend, but you still want card draw, and I'm not a huge fan of most of your options in mono white. Mentor of the meek is okay, but if you want to use 8 1/2 tails, you need 4 extra mana for every small creature play, to draw and protect. Puresteel paladin is good if you use equipment a lot, but it's still hard to profitably fit that many equipment in your deck to make puresteel a serious source of card draw

Most of the good artifact card draw effects are expensive and slow like mind's eye
>>
anyone play EDH on xmage? is it worth it or is it just a bunch of autists with 4000 dollar decks?
>>
>>50341769
why wouldn't you play as an autist with a 4000 dollar deck?
>>
>>50341569
A powered up Hokori would work well in an average playgroup, but the moment the UGx decks try to match him he won't stand a chance.
>>
>>50341796
>>50341569

UGx deadeye dongers isn't as good as UBx storm. In either case, monowhite hokori isn't a great choice, but Hokori is better against storm then he is dongers
>>
>>50341793
to test out shit i want to build?
>>
File: 337.jpg (41KB, 680x632px) Image search: [Google]
337.jpg
41KB, 680x632px
What is best at dealing with typical U/Gx cancer decks that run away with games (the typical seedborn muse + alchemist's refuge, etc) outside of other U/Gx decks?
>>
>>50341860
Hatebears & MLD
>>
>buy two precons
>have no idea what i'm doing

i can't even into this format
>>
>>50341931
4 colour decks are not an easy introduction into the format. Your first deck should be mono or two colour so you can get a feel of how the format play instead of worrying what the fuck your deck does
>>
>>50341931
Just remember: card advantage is king. That includes virtual card advantage.

If you find yourself doing nothing with your mana for a couple turns because you ran out of cards, you may as well have lost the game.
>>
Tried to make a playable Sigarda, token/human deck.
Anything I can change around here?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigarda-edit/
>>
>>50341956

So...I'm having trouble balancing cheap removal spells against more expensive cards with high value. Are cards that used to be curve-toppers are now early casting goals? Halp.
>>
>>50342012
post your decklist if possible. critique is the best way to learn, and it's difficult to critique without reference since edh decks often play vastly differently depending on the commander.
>>
>>50340525
He's pretty solid in duel commander but not so much in multiplayer.
>>
>>50341984
first off, you can't play westvale abbey since it's colour identity is black, due to it's backside. It's just like how Archangel Avacyn is WR due to her backside.
>>
>>50341860
Armageddon.
>>
currently building Selenia, dark angel and rakdos discount king.
>>
Zada is so much fucking fun
>>
is there any way to make a good Astral slide type deck. I would like it to be BW, maybe manifest some big fatties and etb stuff. I need sugestions.
>>
>>50342237

You mean a flicker deck?
>>
>>50342084
ok, other than that what else would you recommend?
>>
File: 1457064027703.jpg (369KB, 1134x892px) Image search: [Google]
1457064027703.jpg
369KB, 1134x892px
>>50340118
http://www.strawpoll.me/11706118

Help me /edhg/
>>
>>50342328
Nath is lit af, do him
>>
>>50342237
Make it in enchantress flicker deck. All the Runes of Protection minus Lands, Parallax Wave, Skybind, and all the ETB effects you can find like Auramancer, Monk Realist, Flickerwisp, Glimmerpoint Stag, etc

And add in some enchantment removal like Reality Acid, Soul Tithe, Seal of Cleansing, and Aura of Silence
>>
>>50342156

Selenia is a lot of fun.
>>
>>50341931
which ones did you get because atraxa and gaybros basically play themselves
>>
>>50342328
Nath's fucking great. You don't even have to build around the discard of you don't want, just do elves with black tricks. Just be prepared for buthurt when you make someone discard their combo pieces. Also, your dick will never feel as big as when you swing with 4 11/11's turn 4. Fucking elves, man.
>>
What are some staple cards every mono red deck should have?
>>
File: mylove.jpg (80KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
mylove.jpg
80KB, 768x432px
>>50340519
>>
File: Marcie.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Marcie.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>50329706 here, what do?
>>
>>50342084
Archangel Avacyn if fine as hell due to her backside.
>>
>>50342871
blood moon
>>
>>50342871
Gauntlet of Power, Caged Sun, Extraplanar Lens, Gilded Lotus, Everflowing Chalice, Sol Ring, and a few other rocks too

Stranglehold, Gamble, Blasphemous Act, Vandalblast, Blood Moon, Ruination, Chaos Warp, Pyroblast, Wheel of Fate, Wheel of Fortune, and Reiterate or Fork or Reverberate or Dualcaster Mage or Wild Ricochet or all of them

And personally, I would say Commune With Lava, Isochron Scepter, Pyrohemia, Frenzied Fugue, and Uba Mask
>>
File: 1f4.jpg (18KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1f4.jpg
18KB, 500x286px
>>50342928
>backside

Damn right.
>>
>>50342928
the color identifier on the back of transform cards is included in color identity, anon.

>>50342911
You could build something with one of the new C16 commanders.

Vorel of the Hull Clade is pretty fun imo.
>>
>>50343009
that second one was meant to be an 'or', sorry.
>>
>>50342285
Not him, but one of the biggest problems with wide nontoken tribal decks is how they fare against boardwipes.

There are various ways to deal with this, some are to simply draw tons of cards, so you can push out new threats once you are dealt with.

Cards like Collective Unconcious, Regal Force, Shamanic Revelation (I'd probably run this one), and Slate of Ancestry work towards that purpose.

Other ways are to protect your stuff from removal, cards like Eldrazi Monument (Should work great since your commander can make tokens to feed it), Asceticism (Also amazing), I see you already play Eerie Interlude, Ghostway is another card that does the same thing. Indestructible effects like Make a Stand and Rootborn Defenses can work, but these are more situational.

Now, what I personally like best is reanimation strategies. Make sure those cards you lose keep coming back.
Angel of Glory's Rise is probably the best at this job, but there's also Rally the Ancestors, Return to the Ranks, Marshal's Anthem, Twilight Shepherd, Cauldron of Souls (the last two will be especially good considering you have lots of ways to get +1/+1 counters)

There's also single target stuff like Sun Titan, Reveillark, Karmic Guide, Loyal Retainers (human), Bruna, the Fading Light, Angel of Serenity.

I'm also SHOCKED that you're not playing Eternal Witness. It's even a human.

Collective Blessing is pretty mediocre for 6 mana, if you want a combat enchantment at that price, play True Conviction. If you just want a mass pump, use Beastmaster Ascension.

Cryptolith Rite is great, so you want an even better one as well, Earthcraft.

As cool as cards like Urza's Incubator are, human tribal is stuffed with super cheap spells. You're going to be able to cast your humans, you don't need them discounted that much.
>>
>>50342548
do you have a list or sugestions?
>>
>>50340168
>unconventional
Doggo is basically babby's first brew at this point.
>>
>>50343045
Also, here's a list of amazing humans in no particular order:

First some really fucking amazing ones:
Academy Rector
Saffi Eriksdotter
Eternal Witness
Loyal Retainers
Serra Ascendant
Juniper Order Ranger
Yavimaya Elder
Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Knight of the Reliquary
Captain Sisay
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa (Good instead of the overrun, stops boardwipes by threatening to animate their lands)

Now for some others:
Sanctum Prelate
Shaman of the Forgotten Ways
Preacher
Ranger of Eos (Becomes far better if you run other 1 drops like Mother of Runes and Serra Ascendant)
Mother of Runes
Auramancer
Hero of Bladehold
Hua Tao, Honored Physician
Freyalise Supplicant (WG 0.5 fling! Direct player damage! Only flings white creatures though)
Soul Sister's (All white ones except Suture Priest are human)
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (Great in a deck with lots of cheap humans)
Grand Abolisher
Sylvan Safekeeper
Wild Beastmaster
Children of Korlis
Containment Priest
Den Protector
Somberwald Sage
Stone-seeder Hierophant (Mostly becomes amazing with Gaea's Cradle or Thawing Glaciers)
Elder of Laurels
Emrakul's Evangel
>>
File: uril.jpg (28KB, 223x310px)
uril.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50340519
>>
>>50343056

I don't have my list online, it's mostly goofy combo stuff with Lich and other cards like that.
>>
>>50343009
I dunno, I built a Kydele Windfall->Fireball deck, but it just felt so... boring, I guess?
Marcie was the last time I built something and actually felt pleased with the result (which stalled out most partial builds thereafter), which is why I mentioned her.
I was considering an Eggs style Breya deck when I first saw her, if I can motivate myself to attempt that nightmare I might, I guess
I'll give Vorel a look too
>>
>>50342220
Muh Nigga.
>>
the guy with the reputation for being the Best EDH player at my lgs just got arrested for child molestation.

pop kek.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Did someone say Voltron. I never got a EDH deck before and I might try this.
>>
>>50343178
vorel's not new but he was reprinted in the set.

Ludevic + Vial Smasher is a decent combination of new commanders.
>>
>>50343257
He lived in EDH as he did with children: he had happy hands!
>>
>>50343280
Best combo Tymna/Fishman
>>
>>50343280

How is ludevic + vial smasher good?

Ludevic makes your deck worse by being in play
>>
>>50343106
>>50343045
Now that I've gone this far, might as well recommend cards for you to cut:

Briarbridge Patrol (4 mana 3/3?)
Palace Guard (3 mana 1/4?)
Hamlet Captain (Not too certain about this one, but it risks dying too much in order to get the buff active when it counts, not always you can swing with everything, better to just play another anthem)
Collective Effort (Nice flexibility, but sorcery speed removal has to be REALLY good in commander)
Explosive Vegetation (Bad ramp. Play Cultivate or Kodama's Reach to guarantee 5 mana, or Skyshroud Claim at 4 mana)
Chariot of Victory (Lightning Greaves!)
Door of Destinies (Buff permanents that do nothing retroactively almost always suck)
Descendant's Path (Like... 25% chance to trigger? If you have a human on board already?)
Collective Blessing (True Conviction)
Concerted Effort (Eldrazi Monument)
Brave the Sands
That second Sol Ring
BfZ Gideon (Isn't he rotating out of standard soon? Get rid of him fast)
Urza's Incubator
Second Harvest (Not enough token generation)
Gallows at Willow Hill (As much as I love this card, it being worth tapping 3 humans doesn't happen often.)

Could probably extend it to include 15-20 more cards but at that point there's not much of the original left, those are just the ones that stick out the most.

Oh and I almost forgot the best white lord in every tribal deck. Mirror Entity. This guy is the best.

Hope you're here to actually read this.
>>
>>50343280
I'm a non-MTGO online only player (poor neet here), so I don't especially care about reprints personally, though it's probably good to look at the C16 stuff again 'cause it's new, and I can give Vorel a look for kicks sometime
I'm not super feeling that combo desu, but I could check some of the others
>>50343294
>Fishman
Thrasios? Seems redundant with Tymna
>>
>>50343356
Then you get the best colors for playing Grace/Naus + Lab Man, while also playing hate bears and shit.

Then you randomly win with infinite mana anyways.
>>
File: 41[1].jpg (70KB, 312x445px)
41[1].jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Let's say I want to play mono blue spellslinger and we pretend Azami doesn't exist for a minute

Is Kaho worse than Arcanis because she dies to removal and the spells get lost? Is there a better blue commander for spellslinging? I'd understand if Talrand is better than either, but I'd prefer not to play Venser or Teferi if their best play is to combo out.

Not really sure what my win con is other than "throw spells at people" but that's good enough for me for now
>>
>>50343394
Kid Jace High tide is pretty good. if you want to avoid combo, then idk.
>>
>>50343325
>>50343356
I didn't say it was good, I said he was decent.

Ludevic is decent because you will trigger him every time you cast a spell when they're both out. Vial Smasher wants you to play bigger spells, Ludevic helps you dig for them. He also encourages people to send damage other people's way, and is a decent blocker at 1/4.

Ludevic really reads, "Pay 1UR: deal 3 damage to a random opponent and draw a card." When Vial Smasher is in play.

How does he make your deck worse while in play?
>>
>>50343414

He makes your deck worse by giving people card draw, especially since they can just kill vial smasher if they care about you drawing cards, then ludevic is a complete liability
>>
>>50343434
There's a million and one ways to protect your commander, especially in blue. If vial smasher gets killed, that's your own damn fault.
>>
>>50343414
Fun fact about Ludevic: he makes your enemies' shocks and fetches cantrip. Think about that
>>
Ludevic is a group hug card that makes enemies hurt themselves/each other, nothing else.
>>
>>50343462
Only once. And that's mana they aren't using earlier just so they can cantrip on their turn.
>>
>>50343461

There's multiple things wrong with this but I'll focus on the main issue which is that even if you have both in play, this is happening:

>>50343462

Phyrexian arena draws them two cards. Toxic deluge cantrips, sylvan library let's them draw even more, Phyrexian mana spells cantrip

Ludevic is plain and simple one of the worst cards ever printed, he's a total liability, and spending your own precious counterspells to protect drawing 1 card per turn is retarded when you're being outdrawn by your opponents who have it much easier trying to trigger the draw
>>
>>50343402
>Kid Jace High tide
Sounds brutal. Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
>>50343523
>Ludevic is plain and simple one of the worst cards ever printed, he's a total liability, and spending your own precious counterspells to protect drawing 1 card per turn is retarded when you're being outdrawn by your opponents who have it much easier trying to trigger the draw
Yeah but they're hurting themselves in the process!

PLUS Ludevic is a Partner card so he comes with a built-in +1 card advantage. Your opponents get to draw one card while you get one card AND KRAUM.
>>
>>50340166
Sometimes I do this thing were I go into random threads with little replies and just type "No" and leave.
>>
>>50343573
<3 dat (You) i just got
>>
>>50343523

They can run all those effects if they want, but only one of them will cantrip per their own turn. They have to hurt themselves(or a different player) to draw a single card in their end step. It's sort of the point. Meanwhile, while Vial Smasher and Ludevic are on the board, you'll be guaranteed your draw every turn by casting any spell with a mana cost as your first spell, which you'll get more of from Ludevic in your end step.

p.s. nowhere did i suggest protecting ludevic. I suggested protecting Vial Smasher, who is more valuable, and countering a spell on your opponent's turn will actually trigger him. Ludevic's purpose is to draw you cards(because you'll proc him more reliably than anyone else), add blue to the deck, and block. In multiplayer situations, he's actually better- he discourages attacks against you because they don't get to draw when they attack you.

I'm sorry you're butthurt because Ludevic isn't as flavorful as you'd like, but he's not as terrible as you make him out to be.
>>
>>50343624
>countering a spell on your opponent's turn will actually trigger him.
And ironically, that would draw THEM a card.
>>
>>50343641
Yes, and?

If it really grinds your gears to have people drawing cards, run sac outlets so you can just sac Ludevic in response to vial smasher's trigger. There's always a way around it.
>>
>>50342328
>http://www.strawpoll.me/11706118
Nath has had a surge in popularity from people who don't want to play the Generic Golgari deck.

Sapling is underrated. Indestructible is strong on a commander.
>>
File: commune_with_lava.jpg (52KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
commune_with_lava.jpg
52KB, 251x356px
Can someone give me their experiences using pic related? I need more card draw in Wort(R/G) and thought this could make a good inclusion.
>>
>>50343624

>they have to hurt themselves

People do this anyway because small amounts of life don't matter at all, that's the point you're missing

>meanwhile you're drawin 1 extra card per turn assuming both your commanders are alive

You're not winning the card advantage game this way, as explained earlier

>nowhere did I suggest protecting Ludevic

Nor did I, protecting vial smasher so that Ludevic isn't entirely a benefit to your opponents (instead of mostly a benefit to your opponents) is a losing battle

>countering a spell on your opponents turn will trigger him

YEAH, as in, your fucking opponent draws a card

Now are they not only getting cards for minimal combat damage, and any life pay, they also cantrip if they force a counterspell out of you.

You played yourself

I don't care about flavor, as far as I'm concerned, that's up to the player to interpret

It's simply an objective fact that Ludevic benefits your opponents more than it benefits you

If you want to play group hug to make your opponents decks play better then fine but don't pretend Ludevic is viable if you want to play the game normally
>>
>>50342910
Correct
>>
File: Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker_C16.jpg (33KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker_C16.jpg
33KB, 223x311px
>>50340519
>>
>>50343738

I've only ever played this card in my wort r/g deck, and it was great, basically a cheaper blue sun's zenith for my deck because it was a storm combo deck and being able to conspire to "draw" like 10-15 cards before untapping is GG

That said the deck was kinda inconsitent on account of needing wort to live and my tokens to not be wiped constantly, and commune with lava does nothing to help that, while at the same time being one of my not as good card draw spells (compared to say, shamanic rev)
>>
>>50343689
>running a commander that you actively try to kill
This just gets better and better.

Our point is that Ludevic is way more effort than he is worth unless you want others to draw cards.
>>
File: Kaseto, Orochi Archmage_C15.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kaseto, Orochi Archmage_C15.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>50340519
Incredible 1v1 win rate among my playgroup. List if anyone wants a look:
>>
>>50343871
>>50340519
Forgot list: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mgs-kamigawa-crisis/
>>
>>50343293
Inciting a child for indecent purposes is not the same as playing politics at the tabletop
>>
>>50343871
>>50343905

Yeah seems pretty hard to beat 1v1, maybe another voltron deck?
>>
I need the most insidious land destruction deck. one that wins with extreme prejudice.
i want to destroy, ney, devastate the mono blue player in my playgroup

what do you have?
>>
>>50343871
>deck made for 1v1
>doesn't follow 1v1 banlist
>instantly loses if commander isn't in play/doesn't resolve

Looks fun and all but not too strong if you ask me.
>>
>>50343991

i don't think there's any one commander that's great with land destruction

you want R and W for sure, other colors are just gravy, you want lots and lots and lots of mana rocks, and you also want stuff that's good when the game gets slowed down, so gods like keranos or Erebos seem good, long term advantage, and also planeswalkers seem good, if you have a couple of those in play, especially ones that protect themselves with blockers, when you Armageddon, it can be game over

Some of the best MLD spells are catastrophe, cataclysm, wake of destruction, keldon firebombers, impending disaster
>>
>>50344034

You have a point about the 1v1 banlist but I think your other point is confused. He has a control deck there that controls the game with or without the commander and eventually he can play the commander and win
>>
File: 1477007104810.jpg (84KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477007104810.jpg
84KB, 681x1024px
>>50340166
(You)
>>
>>50344050
No, that control is just counterspells and "morph" destroy spells.

If he is playing against another control deck that drops a value 1 drop or a 2 drop, he simply loses as both decks sit there and wait for each other to overextend while he gets hit for 2-4 damage a turn as the Kaseto players hand is filled up with useless equipment and auras.
>>
Tomorrow, Wizards erratas the Demigods to be legal commanders. Who do you build?

Hard mode: not pic related
>>
>>50344034
>>50344050
OP here. Playgroup doesn't follow the Duel Commander ban list, so Sol Ring and shit goes in. Also, second poster is right about the control, not to mention it goes so fast that by the time most decks are able to respond to it, I'm already hitting for 7-10 Commander Damage.
>>
>>50344136
>not to mention it goes so fast that by the time most decks are able to respond to it, I'm already hitting for 7-10 Commander Damage
Ok, so you are literally playing against CrawWurm.dec

Let me guess, you are playing a deck built for 1v1 against their multiplayer decks?

There's no fucking way a deck built for 1v1 would sit and let you goldfish the first 5 turns.
>>
File: orzhov.png (203KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
orzhov.png
203KB, 241x347px
>trying to make a deck
>it sort of works but can't get it quite right
>no idea how to make it work

a horrible feeling

i just want to run pic related
>>
>>50344173
Gahiji
>>
>>50342871
sauce?
>>
>>50344193
yyyyyyyyyyyeah i feel like that's what i have to do, but i wanted to run blue because i got no blue deck yet. any azorius shit i try to make work just feels awful to play. but perhaps that's how all azorius decks are
>>
>>50344099
Also, there's no control decks worth a damn in my playgroup, mostly midrange and aggro, with me being the one that plays combo. I first build Kaseto as a joke but now it's known as one of the most brutal decks to face 1v1 in the playground.
>>
>>50344124
Deus of Calamity

Nonbasic land/Artifact hate

Oversoul of Dusk hate bears
>>
>>50344037
I love the idea of impending disaster. the deck is RWU for major butt hurt. the land destroying dragon. I'm thinking maybe aging wildfire and burning of xhinge. also Crack the earth and Rashida cutpurse. type effects. and reality strobe.

I just want him to swallow his rage and for him to understand that just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.

his argument for only playing his mono blue ultra draw counters deck is because "hey it's possible to do and it's part if the game, valid strategy" i don't disagree worth this but, I the playgroup as a whole mostly plays for fun. and people just feel bad when they play him and he just feels bad when everyone Hates him. so maybe if he walks a mile... or maybe just walk him of the edge, because he is a salty edge lord after all.
>>
>>50344231
Well, that's just a case of a you being a bigger fish in a very small pond.
>>
>>50344169
No, there's couple of 1v1 decks in my playgroup, it's just that none of them are good.
>>
>>50343567
I have never seen a post this retarded.
I'd rather have any other card in hand than that garbage, you do realize that card advantage means jack if all you're holding is shit.
People are expecting to take damage when they play Phyrexian Arena, but you gifting extra cards each turn with no additional costs.
Only deck he could go to is Nekusar meme deck, and even that's a stretch.
>>
>>50344214
yeah I feel horrible when playing otk combos. just like I didn't have fun or earned it. just sadness
>>
>>50343929
Unless he was picking up kids at the LGS.
>>
File: ass.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50342070
>>50340525
>>50340709
>>50340733
alright how'd I do?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-ass-was-phat/
>>
>>50344325
yeah same for me

>test ephara on tappedout
>"haha this is pretty cute, i can flicker stuff and get tons of cards"
>play one of those memetastic blue creatures that untap lands
>realize i have infinite mana now
>turn 6 win unintentionally
>meanwhile have to work my ass off to win with non blue untermensch colors
>>
>>50344213
See
>>50327920
>>
File: Image.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
Here is my Unconventional Voltron Commander. I really like running. I normally build her as aggro, but making he voltron is pretty fun if you can throw on enchants at instant speed
>>
File: Master Warcraft_CMD.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Master Warcraft_CMD.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
what would wizards need to print to MAKE BOROS GREAT AGAIN
>>
need undercensored chandra nudes
>>
>>50344718
More artifact-based card draw.
Because when everyone has card draw.
Nobody does.
>>
File: 1467575086652.jpg (56KB, 640x480px)
1467575086652.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>50344718

>Frankenfurter the Firelurker (3WR. 3/3)
>First strike, Lifelink
>Whenever an ability of a non-creature permanent you control deals damage to an opponent, you gain that much life
>>
>>50344768
>dies to bolt
unplayable
>>
>>50344735
Skullclasp (1)

Equip (1): Equipped creature gets -1/+1
When equipped creature dies, draw two cards.

Easy print.
>>
>>50340525
Yoked Ox and Tassled Dromedary. Do it!
>>
>>50344851
they're in there >>50344376
>>
>>50344718
A commander that isn't about beating face.
>>
>>50344768
Lightning Helix-type effects are honestly almost as fucking stagnant as them just turning sideways.

>how should we design this new WR card?
>lol just make it deal 3... no... it deals 4 damage and they gain 4 life! People loved lightning helix!
>>
>>50344718
They need to implement more Cycling cards so you can do Astral Slide and shit, beat face and control the board. Cycling is a great mechanic, too bad they did away with it.
>>
>>50344837
basically unplayable tho, the thing that makes skull clamp so good is the -1 toughness. now you're making it harder to kill. not good.
>>
My bad Chandra burn hit about 18 cards with forks at the end of someone's turn and won via Mana Geyser, Furnace, and a kicked Urzas Rage that was forked with Pyro Goggles. Knocked out the guy who was going to win and crippled another to the point where a hasty Chandra finished him off by attacking, flipping, and plusing. The last guy didn't get me after he sent tokens at Chandra, and I finished him off with a Ravaging Blaze for X=10, forked with Goggles of course.

The big thing to remember about CwL is that it lasts until the end of your NEXT turn, and it's instant. You can either dump mana on your turn for a few cards, and be safe until next turn anyway, or blow a huge load at Eot and go for broke.
>>
>>50343905

>$400+

lmao of course you win a lot
>>
>>50345209
>400$ deck is a lot

o i am laffin
>>
>>50345230
why would you spend more than 400 dollars on a deck in a format where the point is to play goofy jank that you can't play in any other format
>>
>>50345230

>spending more than a few bucks on a casual format

Waste of money, pathetic.
>>
>>50344597
on the topic of ephara, would she be a good choice for a tryhard "i just want to win" deck? i feel like i need to have one of those lying around eventually. i was also thinking of edric but his playstyle is kinda boring
>>
>>50341769
Recently with c16 just out, yeah... It ain't great. But that being said there's still those select few who don't do that bullshit. Just make sure you make your intention obvious at the start of the game and to check everyone's commander. I've had some pretty great games playing people with budget decks on xmage before
>>
File: 174.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
174.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>50340519
>>
>>50341769
kinda, but people very rarely play combo. almost everyone plays the og dual lands and overpowered expensive staples because "lol why not xd"

i still manage to dunk on these guys with my budgety casual decks that i own in real life though. i dont know if theyre bad or if theyre being casual too (just with really expensive decks)
>>
>>50345246
Because the things that I don't get to play in other formats are expensive. I play expensive jank. Feels good.
>>
File: 1401781441459.jpg (43KB, 316x399px)
1401781441459.jpg
43KB, 316x399px
>>50345603

>I buy wins in a format no one else takes seriously

whew lad
>>
>>50345246
>>50345209
you're assuming that someone made a list and went "welp, time to go buy this magic deck" and bought every single right then and there. it doesn't work like that. most players play multiple formats and eventually have enough draft chaff to trade in for good stuff they don't have, and then eventually build up enough of a collection to build reasonably expensive decks. not because they are rich or anything, but because theyve invested time into the game.
>>
>>50345209
>>50345246
oh, and you're assuming that card prices are static. but that is part of how you accrue value in magic by investing time.
>>
File: 1412661317576.jpg (193KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1412661317576.jpg
193KB, 960x720px
>>50345698

Yeah I've heard all the excuses from mega losers who blow their paychecks on card games. Enjoy knowing deep down you can't win without outspending the competition, I'll keep relying on skill and beat you ten out of ten times.

GG, no remach.
>>
>>50345714
>complains about "mega losers"
>posts on 4chan
I'm not gonna deny what i am, it's time for you to do the same.
>>
File: 1454550637752.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454550637752.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
>>50345728

I'm not a loser bro, I have a 10/10 gf who dresses up like my angelic waifus and lets me cum on her feet. I am also a chef at Wendy's, I am 6'5 with a 9 inch dick and I make $120,000 a year.

What have you done peasant?
>>
>>50345746
i tutored for an infinite damage combo with survival of the fittest the other day, that was pretty good i think
>>
File: EDH general.jpg (103KB, 796x600px)
EDH general.jpg
103KB, 796x600px
>>50345762

>combo

heh, all too easy.
>>
File: 1476730090933.jpg (489KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1476730090933.jpg
489KB, 2000x1859px
>tfw to intelligent for deckbuilding

anyone else have this feel? i keep building decks that end up becoming way more powerful my group's, which leads to me becoming the archenemy nearly every game. i don't even build degenerate shit like meme commanders, combo or stax. i just end up obsessing over synergy and optimization so much that my cheapo meme deck ends up dominating the match against my friends' more expensive decks

i really hate intentionally gimping my decks, but i also don't want my group to hate me, so this is a quite a horrible situation i've found myself in
>>
>>50346071
Build clone tribal.
>>
>>50346071
play oviya pashiri
>>
>>50346181
i've actually been wanting to build a deck that revolves around mind controlling and copying, but i've yet to find a commander that really fits in well with that theme.

>>50346184
can't really think of how to use her besides as an early blocker and a mana dump later. but i guess that was your point
>>
File: 98.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
Name a card that fucks everyone's shit up more than Grip of Chaos.
>>
>>50346392
possibility storm is basically an even more fucked version of that
>>
>>50343280
Kraum is the better UR partner in general, and is better with Vial Smasher because if it's your first spell the turn you cast it Vial Smasher is hitting somebody for five and then you've got four in the air.
>>
>>50346276
lazav or reaper king are good choices for clone/mimicry stuff.
>>
>>50343738
I only cast it once, in a fairly new Heartless Hidetsugu deck. It was a 1v1 game and I got pretty lucky, but here's how it went:

>turn 4 and below: some rocks
>turn 5: Caged Sun
>turn 6: Hidetsugu and Commune with Lava for X=8
>revealing a Stuffy Doll, Blasphemous Act, and Reverberate
>turn 7: activate Hidetsugu for 20 damage, cast aforementioned cards and win the game

But if you're in green you should probably stick with green draw
>>
>>50341860
I like a mean GB Stax against any trouble deck not specifically set up to deal with it.
>>
File: 1476317769503.jpg (22KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476317769503.jpg
22KB, 600x360px
>>50346276
Riku+Clones.dec. or as I like to call it, "Anything you can do I can do better"

Basically play every clone, every fork, and every redirect you can. You can copy them with Riku. Play your opponents deck against them, so however good theirs is, yours will be just as good. A friend of mine has it. It's a blast to both play, and play against.

I keep theory crafting lists for Riku, and scrapping it because I can never decide on what I want to actually buy. It's like this with everything, though. Like, a vicious cycle of inspiration, deck building, dejection, more deck building, manic depression, frantic and meticulous deck building, and eventually I throw it all out the window because I think it'll never be good enough.

Right now it's a toss up between Talrand Talent and Ishai. Or Yidris. Or Riku. I really want a third deck, I just can't decide which.
>>
>>50346276
Lazav.
>>
>>50346412
Run both for that extra hair pulling anger.
>>
>>50345698
I haven't bought a single single, yet at the rate of 1 fat pack per expansion since RTR I've assembled a kruphix deck that's worth 100$ and actually works pretty decently.
Try to out-casual me.
>>
>>50343332
Thanks friendo, I'll take a look and throw something together later today.
Would you be willing to take another look later on?
>>
File: Image.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
What's the consensus on Godhead of Awe? I was thinking of putting her in my Atraxa deck, but edhrec tells me she's pretty unpopular.
>>
>>50347676
great if you're running elesh norn, or other mass -1/-1 effects
>>
>>50347534
>kruphix
yeah, you're getting steamrolled
>>
>>50346964
>>50347093
i get that lazav himself copies stuff too, but where does the actual synergy come from when you include stuff like mind control and so on into the deck?
>>
File: yidrismaelstromwielder[1].jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
yidrismaelstromwielder[1].jpg
56KB, 265x370px
How does he play compared to Maelstrom Wanderer?

Do they even play the same?
>>
>>50340118
Now that people have had a chance to more thoroughly playtest their C16 decks, what are some of the all star cards that really powered up the deck when you got them? 4c and Partner commanders welcome.

I'll start

>Yidris Goodstuff
Possibility Storm was better than expected when I got it out. Not because it really powered me up, but because it really powered everyone else down while my playstyle was mostly unchanged.
Lim-Dul's vault is super good, and basically won me the game twice

>K&T Group Hug
Zur's Weirding is pretty bomb. most of the time you're the only one that draws cards
Shared Fate, it turns out, is basically a win condition in a group hug deck unless every other player is mono-black
>>
>>50347998
You can choose to play them the same if you want, and it works with both, but for the most part they are vastly different.
>>
>>50347998
Yidris seems to benefit more from big spells while Maelstrom Wanderer prefers big beefy creatures
>>
>>50344718
Red/White is all about battling and war, yet they keep making GENERALS that are all about beating face.
>GENERAL
The very concept is so in-their-face I can't believe they haven't acted on it.

Basically they need something like Odric, but in R/W and that doesn't scale off big stuff, tokens, or tribes.

Basandra is a good example, too, apart from the fact that she's so underpowered as a commander.

Perhaps something like
3 R W
When a creature you control attacks, that creature gains your choice of first strike, vigilance, or lifelink until end of turn.
At the beginning of each opponent's combat step, target creature can't attack you this turn.
Whenever a creature attacks you, that creature loses hexproof and shroud and can't have or gain hexproof or shroud until end of turn
4/3 first strike

Sounds neat to me but I'm no card designer
>>
>>50348565
>Whenever a creature attacks you, that creature loses hexproof and shroud and can't have or gain hexproof or shroud until end of turn
Take that out and it's dandy, I'm not sure removing hexproof is part of the RW slice of the color pie
>>
>>50348658
I think it's fine, you can do that with lands and artifacts, all you have to do is give it a flavor reasoning. Maybe an elemental general that burns so bright he removes their cover
>>
Recommend me finisher for the grouphug deck?

Here is some of the stuff I have lying around:

Avacyn, angel of hope, elspeth, suns champion, sigarda, host of herons, new and old gisela, elesh norn, Iona.

Any of those useful?
>>
>>50348658
>>50348718
I was originally thinking it would be "Whenever a creature attacks you, that creature loses indestructable and can't have/gain it until EoT" but I figured that would be less applicable in general than hexproof/shroud. Maybe it would be better to say "creatures dealt damage by you or a source you control can't regenerate and lose indestructable until end of turn"

The point is they keep making r/w generals that are really more of soldiers themselves than actual generals/leaders. Bruse Tarl is nice, but he's deliberately not as strong as he could otherwise be because of the partner mechanic. To see a devoted leader in R/W with mechanics that control the flow of combat, even when it's not your turn is what I want to see.
>>
>>50348747
>Finisher
>Names goodstuff
You're thinking wrong.
Since you're playing group hug, expect your opponents to have better things than you. Reins of Power (comes with the deck) is good, check the red and blue primordials from RtR block.
Also Avacyn is just generally good in group hug, because the indestructability could be seen as self-protection and not an attempted assault, then it can later be used as an attempted assault, so if you just have it lying around it wouldn't hurt to include it.

Traumatize wouldn't hurt, and neither would forced fruition if you want to play the slow game.
>>
are there any lewd alters of bruse tarl?
I need to see his throbbing dick in his ox
>>
>>50343744
>pain lands draw your opponents cards just for being tapped
>>
>>50348747
Prosperity
>>
>>50348933
How would you win with Prosperity? Deck everyone out or Lab Maniac?
>>
>>50347775
it's thematic. Include reanimation, mill, few steal effects, tonnes of clones. though if you pick reaper king, the "synergy" is that you get to clone everybody's shit and use them as vindicates in a pinch.
>>
Which commander out of Gahiji, Marath and Mayael is the most FUN™?
>>
>>50349033
Mayael
>>
>>50349028
>it's thematic. Include reanimation, mill, few steal effects, tonnes of clones

but that's redundancy, not synergy

reaper king would otherwise be cool but lmao 5 color manabases
>>
>>50341576
I love how salty people get when they cant remove Sigarda.
>>
>>50343788
plz no why.

The worst of the worst partner commanders. I cant imagine why you would run this over any other commander
>>
File: woodie.jpg (28KB, 223x310px)
woodie.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50349237
i'm assuming he was being a memer

but i do have a friend who insists that every single card that i call bad is Actually Good and You Just Don't See the Value. actually most of my friends do that. i don't know if they suck at evaluating value or if they just love being contrarian. i mean i love being contrarian myself but i make it obvious that i'm doing it as a joke (like when i try to think of viable uses for Wood Elemental)
>>
>>50349377
No one likes the pessimist that goes "it's not optimal so it's shit" to just about everything.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (71KB, 620x441px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
71KB, 620x441px
This is my Kaalia build list. I'm pretty please with it. I suppose I would like cheaper more universal removal as well as land destruction, but so far it hasn't been a hindrance.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-3/
>>
>>50349377
couldn't you sacrifice no forests to destroy this guy?
>>
>>50349377
But Wood Elemental is good on Titania :^)
>>
> want to play fun multiplayer cards and play politik cards to help out players who are behind to make the game more interesting.
>"youre just trying to win by being the last to survive. I won't be outsmarted by you! Attack everything at you and devote my rremoval to your gimmick cards while I lose the game!"
>"oh, I get an extra resource? Combo off"

When did you learn your group was nofunallowed?
>>
>>50347539
>>50343332
>>50343106
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigarda-edit/
with a few of your recommended edits
Anything else to take a look at?
>>
I'm gonna build an Adam and Steve lands matter deck. What are some saucy overlooked lands?
>>
>>50349449
The thing is that if we go by competitive results, very few cards are actually good, and nothing matters except fast combo and lockdowns. Cards that are considered strong, like elesh norn are actually useless if we are going by results.

Thats the major problem with not evaluating cards from a casual perspective. The competitive meta is actually oppressive to the point where most good cards arent very... good. The vast majority of players dont play at that level anyway, so using it as your lense for cards is asinine.
>>
>>50341769
Just put "fun" and "casual" in the title or something, sometimes it takes more time, but its pretty good when people finally join.
>>
>>50349726
>do this
>someone joins with a fucking leovold stax deck

i've actually taken to putting some of these retards onto a text file on my computer so i know in advance not to play with them
>>
>>50349742
> playing a social format anonymously.
Edh is pretty much designed to fail there bud. Onlne play needs a new fork of the rule set that takes into acount internet dickwad theory and isnt afraid of bloat.
>>
File: woah.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
woah.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>50349463
I will never understand the infatuation with kaalia
>>50349683
Halls of mist, oasis, every gate +mazes end
>>
>>50342911
Persist is a must in the black rose
>>
>>50349652
It's hard to say because I don't know what your budget is, nor do I know which cards you already have. So while I can recommend cards for you to add, it doesn't really help if you can't add them.

A few things though:

You NEED skullclamp.
Kamahl > Overwhelming Stampede
Bonds of Mortality is way too situational, even if you removed the hexproof/indestructibility, you don't really play that much destroy.
I'm not comfortable with the number of lands you have, either I'd run more ramp or 2-3 more lands.
Glare of Subdual is another control enchantment that makes WG far stronger.
Remember to take out that Westvale Abbey, not legal in WG.

Rally the Ancestors is great, but remember you have to use it when 1: You have mass haste (Akroma's) and can swing for lethal, 2: You have a way to sacrifice/destroy your own board before they get exiled (Greater Good is probably the best card for this, followed by Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar).
>>
File: soldier.jpg (29KB, 223x310px)
soldier.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>opponent thinks about attacking me
>have this on the table
>"i will make you shuffle your deck if you attack me"

holy shit i'm a genius
>>
>>50350007
I laffed harder than I thought I would
>>
>>50350007
>Get infinite untap/tap loop
>Get infinite mana
>?????????
>PROFIT!!!
>>
>>50345746
>chef at wendy's
>$120,000
>Bitches about pay win

Whew boy you should just give up. You blew it.
>>
>>50349625
There's a vast gulf between being a ruthless robot and being annoyed at "lol so randum *holds up spork*" decks that try to give the win to those who didn't necessarily deserve it.
>>
File: awakening.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
awakening.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50350078
holy shit

>play this soldier of fortune with pic related
>make a player shuffle their library at every end step

my god

an advanced form of hate for ruric decks
>>
>>50350158
Can we make a collective troll deck filled with stupid shit like this

I will buy and play it even though I told myself I wouldn't make anymore decks
>>
>>50349625
When the group hug player draws everyone 10 extra cards and plays a Mana Flare after casting a collective voyage for 10, the guy behind him usually wins the game on the spot.
Everyone is usually trying to play a somewhat powerful deck, when they get their resources quadrupled for no reason, that just happens.
>>
>>50350135
Because using offering cards with the player furthest behind is lolsorandom kingmaking, and cards like gahiji deserve to get hated off the table irrationally.
>>
>tfw really just want a general to smack people around with giant creatures

Kaalia would be best right?
>>
>>50350297
That sounds like shitty way of playing the game but I don't play with people who use craw wurm.dec
>>
>>50350247
I dont want to doubl everyones mana and draw ten cards. I want to be able to play a crown of doom without the village idiot saying "im on to your plan, that card encourages us to attack each other. Im going to focus on you to ensure i lose the game because i so resent what your card suggests we do."
>>
>>50349974
Oh yeap keep forgetting about westvale. Really wanted to run it in this (packed it in a box recently)
I guess not an unreasonable budget? $200 should probably be ok
Most of what I've actually got that I put in seems to be ok
>>
>>50350348
Depends. Do you want to be hated off the table every time you sit down?
>>
>>50350350
There is a world between cedh and craw wurms.
>>
>>50350297
So wait a minute, you want to help the player who's behind, but not in such a way that makes a difference in the outcome of the game? That's retarded. Have you tried asking the player what they want? If my deck is spinning its wheels I'd rather the game just end and we start a new one.

>>50350358
At some point they have to attack you. At some point you have to die. Are you whining, what, because you weren't killed second to last?

Out of curiosity, how old are you?
>>
>>50350396
Well, I'm used to being hated out in multiplayer because my decks usually have a slightly higher powerlevel compared to the rest of my playgroup.
>>
>>50350348
Sure, but then you'd be a "Kaalia Player".
>>
>>50350396
Idk. I feel lke playing big creatures on turn 5 shouldnt be considered unfair.

Now khalia decks that dont function if she dies once dont get "hated off" thats just shitty building.
>>
>>50350438
Well, Kaalia will just cement your reputation then. Make sure your friends aren't getting genuinely annoyed with you. This is a social game with the usual social contracts of any other interaction.
>>
File: sigh.png (919KB, 959x861px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
919KB, 959x861px
>>50350456
>Now khalia decks that dont function if she dies once dont get "hated off" thats just shitty building.

I agree. But people can read your commander and say to themselves "I'm killing that bitch first."

I say people can read it that way, but really I mean that people will read it that way.
>>
>>50350435
Youre really projecting and im on mobile. Google the principle of charity.
>>
>>50350384
Well, get Greater Good in there, it fills your yard and hand like mad. I'd probably also play an altar though, maybe a card like Altar of Dementia, Evolutionary Leap or Perilous Forays.
Birthing Pod is also great, but it can only sac one creature.

This was also the reason I suggested Emrakul's Evangel, as it's the only mass sacrifice human in green/white.

With a Phyrexian Altar (Or Earthcraft / Cryptolith Rite + Haste) you can get some convoluted infinite ETB/LTB combo off with Eternal Witness and Rally the Ancestors, which is pretty funny.
>>
>>50350482
Google "not making oneself clear and/or making dumb statements then pleading Principle of Charity". You're simply not being coherent and it's not my responsibility to flatter you.
>>
>>50350548
The pribciple of charit isnt flattery, its basic etiquette in debate.

Only the most lawyerish language isnt open to interpretation. If you want to pretend to be mature for attaching opinions to others, go to reddit.
>>
>>50350464
Nah, the people at my lgs can deal with it. I try to be as friendly as possible too so people don't dislike me for the decks that I play. Currently I'm playing grouphug too because I don't care for winning.
>>
File: Bullshit.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>50350348
>Kaalia would be best right?

On paper? Maybe, but even then, your deck has a big red weak point that even the newest player can see. In practice, you're either gonna win turn 5 or, more likely, get ganged up on and be left to watch. Neither sound super fun to me.

Commanders that go tall well:

>Omnath, Locus of Mana
Generate pornographic amounts of mana, cast creatures you'd never even look at for other decks with the greatest of ease, die from sodium toxicity when you drop a hexproof, regenerating Vorinclex.

>Karador, Ghost Chieftain
Junk's back, in EDH form. Buried Alive, Living Death, GG. But it wasn't GG. It was BG.

>Doran, The Siege Tower
Cheap fatties in the best colors for it

>Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas
Yeah, yeah RW sucks. But Giant Tribal/Voltron is fucking fun, cheap, surprisingly effective.

>Mayael the Anima
Kinda boring, but whatever. Naya goodstuff with some untap tech. Win with pic related for kekstra credit
>>
>>50350610
It is flattery, in this case interpreting someone's sulking as flatteringly as possible, which isn't usually justified on /edh/. I even asked you some pointed questions to help you clarify and you refused to answer them. Also, I'm not pretending to be mature just because I'm calling someone's position immature.
>>
>>50347676
Mana cost is prohibitive af
>>
>>50350348
kaalia is pretty meh in my opinion. she's very easy she's in colors that don't support timmy strats that well

the best archetypes for timmy decks are reanimator and Big Green Ramp in my opinion. you have a lot of options, depending if you want to aggro, build a board state or alpha strike
>>
>>50350702
Karador and Mayael do sound interesting, I think I will give one of them a try, thank you!
>>
>>50350726
>she's very easy she's in colors that don't support timmy strats that well

ok i forgot to finish that sentence

meant:

she's very easy to get rid of and she's in colors that don't support timmy strats
>>
>>50350713
What are you saying hitler was right? Dont call me out for saying that because im just asking for clarification. Realistically reading and interpreting your post would be flattery, which nobody deserves on edhg.
>>
>>50350774
You really do have trouble making yourself clear.
>>
>>50340519
Daxos
>>
>playing arms dealer gahiji

wow this is pretty fun
>>
Tips for maximum budget Alesha?

I just got her from the 2016 deck and thought it would be fun to make a cheap deck to stomp my playgroup with.

trying to keep each card under $1
>>
I'd like some advice with the following list http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/finishing-quickly/

My playgroup is playing very slowly, and they mainly play big lifegain, sorta draw go decks until they get their win condition. Nothing happens, and games go on forever. Our last game went to the point where they stopped counting life totals because they were gaining far more than they could count.

I'm tired of it. I'm making this deck as a sort of response to that.

In short, either I end the game quickly or I die quickly, and then I can use my buddies computer to play videogames while they gain infinite life and play infinite creatures.

The landbase is simple right now because I'm not sure what to do with it. But I figure 38 lands is a good number.
>>
>>50350957
Are you being a lolsorandum deck that gives away undeserved wins? Thats retarded and youre retarded. Please be clear and explain yourself or im going to say youre a faggot.
>>
>>50351006
no, i'm helping those who are doing badly and disrupting those who doing too well
>>
>>50350978
Gonti
Gary
Anafenza

Im sure that theres a bunch of other stuff, I guess that you'll mostly want creatures with ETB abilities.
>>
>>50351069
So youre trying help players, but not in a way that determines the outcome of the game? What a shitty group with a shitty player.
>>
>>50351104
lmao shut your fat face you big dum dum
>>
>>50350348
Take it from someone who LOVES fatties, the following choices are pretty fatty friendly:

>Kruphix
Obvious reasons. Tons of mana equals big things. Be ware, too much ramp is a bad thing. Tends to draw a moderate amount of hate, depending on how you build it, but it has the potential for pure degeneracy.

>Memnarch
In terms of build strategy, while Kruphix is more simic goodstuff, hard ramp, and good card draw, you're going to want to dump in as many mana rocks as you can in memnarch. Use things like gilded lotus, doubling cube and voltaic key for hilarious results. This is the artifact sub-theme deck, and the perfect place to splash your blightsteels and jingitaxias. Leviathans/sea monsters are surprisingly underrated. Draws second tier Kaalia levels of hate, but a little stronger. Arcanis the Omnipotent is a good backup general for this deck.

>Xenagos
Again, pretty obvious. Just run as much ramp and card draw as you can, drop some fatties than hit people. You will be the most hated person on the board, unless someone is running a notorious general.

>Maelstrom Wanderer
An upgrade over xenagos in every sense of the word. Cascade into glory, run things that fish cards to your topdeck, or put cards on top of your deck from your hand. It wins so consistently you'll get bored, and you can build it very cheaply. Draws Narset levels of hate, you better build it good.

>Volrath
I run a volrath ramp and reanimator build ,yself. It's very very strong in the right circumstances, particularly since the deck has three focuses: ramp, removal, and recursion. Blow up the field, ramp into volrath, throw someone hilarious into the yard, reanimate that creature. In general, draws very little hate, until you draco someone in the chops. Flavor recommendation.

>Mimeoplasm
If you aren't confident in your monoblack skills, the mimeoplasm gets you access to all the green ramp and cheap blue card draw. In terms of a reanimator build, it's one of the top in the format.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (24KB, 223x310px)
Image.ashx.jpg
24KB, 223x310px
>>50340519
>>
>>50350978
Karmik Guide might not be under a dollar, but is amazing.
>>
>>50346392
>>50346412
Run Eye of the Storm if you can splash blue.

The game quickly ends if no one has a krosan grip because people stop wanting to do 30-spell deep stacks worth of counters, damage, etc.
>>
>>50344313
>nekusar
Nope, it's a may effect. It's such a bad card I thought it was designed as a donate target for zedruu when I first saw it.
>>
>>50344718
Simple.

>Skullfucker, the Magnificent Fury
>RRWW
Indestructible

Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies during combat, you may draw a card.

Whenever another nontoken permanent an opponent controls leaves the battlefield, creatures you control get +1/+0 until the end of turn.

1/4
>>
>>50349935
Undying is better, but persist is okay too.
Now that I think about it as much as I like the deck I haven't updated it in ages
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/marchesa-steals-everything/
What does /tg/ think? Ring of Valkas and Undying Evil seem like potential weak links here
>>50350983
Booby Trap is just not very good here, the werewolves aren't stellar but at least don't hurt you with the Ruric trigger
Gyre Sage seems like a good way to get your mana from creatures too
>>
there's gotta be a way to break this.. right? Mindslaver/ Nekusar so they HAVE to draw a card?
>>
File: kramer_killing_a_bitch.gif (7MB, 480x276px) Image search: [Google]
kramer_killing_a_bitch.gif
7MB, 480x276px
>>50350449
this.

We've all seen the "kaalia player". Greasy, long hair, hoodie and cargos. Binder of FTV angels shit.

Constantly talks mad shit about other decks and how "strong" his deck is and how "good" his deck building is

Fucking hell they're all the same
>>
If I want to play Hanna should I focus solely on either artifacts or enchantments or can I play more of a mix? I was thinking of something like 2/3rds of enchantments and artifacts being mainly mana stuff and a win con.
>>
>>50349850
>I will never understand the infatuation with kaalia
She's really fucking good, in colors that let people drop their normally useless overcosted cards in those colors, as well as being able to stuff the best removal and revive shit to boot.

That's all there is to it.

And she's only been printed once.
>>
File: Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist_C16.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist_C16.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
there's gotta be a way to break this.. right? Mindslaver/ Nekusar so they HAVE to draw a card???
>>
>>50349850
>every gate +mazes end
>on 4c
>>
>>50351407
Play stuff like Manabarbs
>>
>>50340216
there are a ton of fun blue fatties, just run all of them.
>>
>>50351403

>She's really fucking good,

Eh, I disagree. Unless you have a t2 lightning greaves she's really not

> in colors that let people drop their normally useless overcosted cards in those colors,

I'll give you that

>as well as being able to stuff the best removal and revive shit to boot.

Red does NOT have the best removal. Black and white sure. I think esper has the best removal.
>>
>>50351383
My favorite part about kalia players is:
>play pacifism/arrest/darksteel mutation/martial law
>watch them cry as they haven't properly evaluated enchantment removal
>>
>>50351407
The best you can do is play a cryptolith fragment and play him lke a red kami of the crescent moon. It isnt terrible, you can play stuff like forbid and arcane lab. The only real saving grace for him over kami is that he can be 2/3/4 colored.
>>
>>50351420
Oh my I'm a retard.

Sorry, I'm so used to saying that for 5c child lands decks.
>>
>>50351304
My mindset behind Booby Trap was that it would let me see a player's draws if I named a card not in their deck, but I can see how the card itself is weak.

With the werewolves I was hoping to either force them to cast spells and take damage, or let them deal with the transformed versions.

Looking at it now I neglected mana ramp entirely. I'll look to add some crature-based ramp.
>>
>>50351455
"DUDE. what did I do to you? ?!"

Three turns later, scoops

"Well, ANON screwed me over, I couldn't do anything! "

Like clockwork
>>
>>50351455
The angriest I've ever been in and EDH game was when I borrowed a buddy's GW token deck that had only Aura Shards as it's enchantment removal with no way to tutor for it.

Got completely shut down because of a couple enchantments despite having over 100 power on the board at one point.
>>
>play shit like this
>draw 20 cards because of zada
>>
>>50351456
Not even that because Ludevic's trigger is not mandatory

>>50350983
>My playgroup is playing very slowly, and they mainly play big lifegain, sorta draw go decks until they get their win condition
Play that werewolf that transformed has trample and p/t equal to the total of cards in all player's hands. Teach them to hold 7+ hands while waiting to the combo can be painful.
>>
>>50351479
I could run 60 6-drop creatures in my deck, but im going to cut a few for interactive cards and backup plans. I can afford to have a plan b in my deck easily. I dont want to be too clunky if my commander gets disrupted.
~~ no khalia player ever.
>>
>>50351526
You can easily build so that mandatory draw isnt necessary. Most kami decks rely on cards like forbid and arcane lab to leverage their gameplan, and those dont require opponents to draw cards.
>>
HOW SECRET IS THiS TECH????!!
>>
>>50351576
REMOVE POST PLZ
>>
File: 1351026732045.jpg (48KB, 455x600px) Image search: [Google]
1351026732045.jpg
48KB, 455x600px
>>50351455
>Opponent is playing Kalia
>Has a pretty big pillow fort
>tuck one of his cards to the bottom of his library
>Play tunnel vision naming that card
>mfw
>>
Planechase + EDH

good idea or makes the game unbearably long
>>
>>50351620
Honestly depends on groups power level
>>
>>50344292
>>50344231
>>50344169
Why wouldn't you build your decks to defaultly be able to handle an arbitrary amount of opponents, be it 1 or 5?
>>
>>50351685
Because the way value works is competely different in 1v1 and multiplayer.

Cards like Thoughtseize, Inquisition, single target removal, etc become incredibly powerful effects, while shitting your deck up with those effects in multiplayer is ridiculously bad.
>>
>>50351620
>Casual beer and pretzels game with friends
Laughs and fun times had by all

>Literally any other scenario
Best Case: People forget about Planes
Worst Case: Butthurt autists crying because their Narset deck doesn't work just so, etc.

I love Planechase. It's a shame about Magic players.
>>
File: 65.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>50351576
Postan ultrasecret tech
>>
>>50351751

I honestly believe my group will forget about planes anyway, but I might buy the plane cards just to have them and try it anyways
>>
>>50351764
this isn't the first time i've said this but this card art makes me legit very sad
>>
>>50351448
Red lets you play big red fatties though. And a lot of split-color cards thatlet you drop big fatties.

A ton of decks build around the fact that they'll fight a general that's either kaalia-like or is her.

I personally don't have her and don't run her, but she's good. Definitely over-hyped, but she deserves her spot on top-tier generals.deck.
>>
File: 30.jpg (58KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
58KB, 336x469px
>>50351764

post secretest tech
>>
>>50351777
do you feel sad for the mama?
>>
>>50351479
>>50351497
>>50351617
>go into flgs as a regular
>"that guy" with his kaliaa deck is there
>stereotypical long greasy black hair, grey stained hoodie, MW3 shirt, cargo pants
>starts bragging to the owner about how strong his deck is
>goes to watch a few younger players play, starts chuckling to himself about how powerful his deck is, and how their feeble precons couldn't comprehend it
>walk over, ask him to play a game
>reaches into his nasty roach-smelling backpack, takes out two plastic deck boxes, half the deck in each one
>entire deck is penny sleeved
>oh boy here we go.jpeg
>rev up my extremely mean brago control deck
>"Haha, anon, you really thing Brago can do anything? What are you going to do?"
>durdled until t3, hit a rock and strionic resonator, blow up his swiftfoot boots
>t4 he drops kalia without haste
>t4 I drop palace jailer, exile kaliaa
>he bounces it to the command zone, starts durdling trying to rev up 6 mana
>drop brago, strionic resonator him, start exiling 2 of kaliaa's creatures per turn
>"That's not fair anon, that doesn't work that way! I demand a rematch, I didn't know about that card."
>game 2, he tries to ramp into an early kaliaa
>counterspell
>daze
>eventually play elesh norn
>he tries to play kaliaa yet again
>ask him if he understands what elesh norn does
>took him a solid 30 seconds of silence before he scooped up his cards, and went to continue his schtick with some other players
>>
File: strands.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
strands.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50351792
yes anon

here's my secret tech tho
>>
>>50340329
OG duels are good in every deck ever. Just work your way towards one of each and then a play set of each. Take your time there is no rush.
>>
>>50351773
My experience: You've gotta be the one to interact with them at first to get the ball rolling. People will get into it eventually.
>>
>>50351791
This+ Blowfly Infestation could be spicy. What deck is it in?
>>
File: babby.jpg (37KB, 371x304px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
37KB, 371x304px
>>50351792
>>
File: 1476727740911.jpg (6KB, 228x221px)
1476727740911.jpg
6KB, 228x221px
>>50351827
>spending money on OG duals
>>
>>50345458
>he doesn't own og duels in real life
>>
>>50351825
SUPER PHYREXIAN SECRET TECH
>>
File: savage summoning.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
savage summoning.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50351825
Secret tech time?! This saucy bastard has won me many more games than it should have.
>>
>>50351620
>try planechase with friends
>fun at first
>get to nephalia
>hell begins

Whatever you do, don't use that plane it makes everyone feel miserable.

Magerings are kind of stupid too because rebound WoGs aren't that much fun.
>>
File: 235.jpg (51KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
235.jpg
51KB, 336x469px
>>50351847

An old proliferate deck with this guy, I dismantled it a few years ago

Mostly jank, but hade some fun things going on
>>
File: 1464712325952.png (338KB, 986x553px)
1464712325952.png
338KB, 986x553px
>>50351850
>being so stupid and poor that he can't budget and save appropriately
>>
>>50351801
Honestly, why is this so universally the case? Is it the edgy creature types?

Kaalia is a fine commander, you just have to build a very tight deck with lots of contingencies and have a good understanding of how people play. It's not just "Demon, Angel, Dragon Tribal."
>>
>>50348658
Humble/Humility says hi.
Odric 2.0 also supports White's claim to affecting creature abilities.
>>
>>50351889
Sounds fun. Do you have a list?
>>
>>50351877
going straight into my Atraxa deck
>>
>>50351896
You know anon, not everyone wants to spent ludicrous amounts of money on a children's card game.
>>
>>50351896
by buying an OG dual land you are already budgeting inappropriately. you can buy like 3 samurai tribal decks with that amount of money. or 300 gray merchants of asphodel

like, if you buy an OG dual land, ie. one of the most boring cards in existence for EDH (the fun format) you have terminal brain aids and deserve deceasement
>>
>>50351917

nah, sorry, it was way before I discovered tappedout

Besides, the theme probably works better with Atraxa now
>>
>>50351869
I love this card.

Always feel like it's underestimated.
>>
>>50351958
>>50351869
this is like a way worse Greed though
>>
File: dreamworks_face.png (833KB, 1080x1433px) Image search: [Google]
dreamworks_face.png
833KB, 1080x1433px
>>50351801
every. Time.
You're doing the Lord's work.

Here's my example

>playing against kaalia guy
>he smells like onions and weed
>he has kaalia on field with grieves on field
>in responce to equip, boomerang grieves
>he can't recast grieves as he is tapped out from casting kaalia.
>my turn
>control magic on kaalia
>"but you don't even need it!do you have any dragons angels or demons in that deck? ?"
>"nope"
>diplomatic immunity on kaalia
>never use her,she sits on my side doing nothing until he scoops due to only drawing huge beatsticks for several turns

Feels good
>>
>>50351938
>>50351940
>I don't want to have the best lands ever printed
>I don't want the mana base to play across the 3 most expensive and balanced formats
Casuals and modern fags are the worst.
>>
>>50351973
Greed is absolutely better. However in my group it always gets targeted right away while Etchings is left alone.
>>
>>50351899
Strikes me as an MLG try-hard variant for people who don't understand magic. I understand that I love big fatties, and as a result have every deck tailored around that, but they seem to have the impression that a realistic mana curve doesn't matter, because their 4 mana beater drops value.

It's the kind of deck that ignores everything to do with magic. It's a deck that relies on ramp and colour fixing, but isn't in ramp colours and doesn't need many lands. It's a deck that relies on having dead draws in your hand, but the commander discourages reanimator. It's a deck that requires a weak commander to attack, but is built around bigger things attacking with your commander. It's a deck in removal colours, but doesn't run removal.

Like you said, you can build an extremely strong Kaliaa deck, but EDHrec isn't going to help you out. You actually have to understand how magic works to get the most bang from your buck, but most people who have money for kaliaa don't have the sense to spend it on something good.
>>
File: noyou.jpg (29KB, 223x310px)
noyou.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50351576
I'd actually never seen this, I skipped all of that block because I stopped playing magic around then, then got back into EDH play.

Also my secret tech is this, I'm the one that plays >>50351159 by the by.
>>
>>50352017
I like erabos the most. All that utility and indestructible is fucking great
>>
hey guys, if my opponent uses mystifying maze to exile my atraxa until eot does the populate trigger still go on the stack?
>>
File: Hall of Gemstone.jpg (29KB, 223x310px)
Hall of Gemstone.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
We posting secret tech? Omnath Secret tech, right here
>>
>>50352006
I could spent that money taking my boyfriend [spoiler/] out to a really nice dinner and have tons of cash left with that money.
>>
>>50352054
no
>>
>>50352006
>would rather optimize a deck for a miniscule power boost than build something exciting

i mean i buy like 1-2 decks worth of singles a month. i enjoy building new janky meme decks way more than buying expensive cards that provide no interesting interactions whatsoever

but each to their objectively wrong own though, i guess
>>
>>50352054
She wasn't there for eot so no. I had this issue earlier today to. I oathed into a prog mimic but since we wasn't there at the beginning of the upkeep, no copy for me.
>>
File: Image-214.jpg (33KB, 223x310px)
Image-214.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50351916
Dont forget pic relat
>>
>>50351916
>>50352084
Giving ok, removing is another business. And Humility is way too old to be used as basis for the argument I think.
>>
>>50352081
Nigger what is so difficult to understand about a long term investment? You buy a set of duels one time and you have easy mana fixing for every edh, legancy, and vintage deck forever. The cards will only go up in value over the long term and they are a tangible asset that you can sell for fast cash if you really need it for like real world shit.

>>50352077
That's nice anon. I hope you have a great time.
>>
>>50352006
See, I'd much rather buy a complete deck than a single card. You can build two complete versions of my decks, Volrath and Uril, for the price of a single ABU dual, then get change back. I think part of the fun in commander is building strong decks using suboptimal things that would be unplayable in other formats. To be honest, philosophically I tend to run mostly basics, but for any non-green deck, I can see the allure. I'd rather load up on bulk jank rares and make 5 decks better than pimp one, but that's just me.
>>
>>50352192
>I'd rather load up on bulk jank rares and make 5 decks better than pimp one, but that's just me.
Done the same my whole life and it's the best feeling when you get to play with jank. Also smack optimized decks with it too since you never expect it to work. "The more unlikely the victory, the more memorable the success"; indeed.
>>
File: 1467823954382.jpg (14KB, 259x244px)
1467823954382.jpg
14KB, 259x244px
>>50351104
>>
>>50352182
>investment
"No." Cardboard is expensive hobby, just like cars. The vast majority of all cardboard ever printed will never be worth anything, and the small amounts of cardboard that are worth money are unrealistic to afford. For example, you can buy one Ferrari, or you can have a lifetime of Honda Civics. Some people will choose the fancy car, a smart person chooses a consistent car and invests in something else with better dividends in a less volatile market.
>>
>>50351777
>>50351764
The idea of a changeling originates from France and it refers to a time before the days of good medicine in which people believed that if their baby suddenly started behaving weird (got sick) that it was because a fairy had snuck into their home and replaced their baby with a fake one, and stole the real one.

It is a sad thing indeed.
>>
>>50352192
>>50352222
>>50352258
By all means spend your money how you want. All that I am advocating for is that ABU duels are worth the cost for what they do and a good investment in the card game.

Personally I NEED Abu duels in some of my decks to play at all. If I don't have the mana for a turn 3 phrexian arena and turn 4 cryptic I actually will just lose to the combo player or the voltron agro player. But then again not all groups are as high a power level as mine.
>>
>>50352258
>comparing a $10,000 (at most) black lotus to a $1,000,000+ sports car
Wew lad
>>
>>50352347
>not proxying basic lands on top of black lotuses to show off how committed to mtg you are

you fucking poorfags
>>
>>50352222
You're my kind of guy.

The best feeling is throwing down a handful of jank, and coming up roses. Everyone knows if you have a consecrated sphinx/vorinclex/blightsteel in your hand what you're going to do with it. Not very many people understand that my hand of cantrip auras is going to make Uril an 18/18 flying trample lifelink doublestrike, and even if they do, it's not as obvious a choice which to get rid of. But, if you see trike, you know there's a mike, and that little element of surprise can sneak more wins than money ever could.
>>
File: 1347542236559.jpg (14KB, 199x225px) Image search: [Google]
1347542236559.jpg
14KB, 199x225px
>>50352372
>That guy in my playgroup who justifies proxying an Imperial Seal because I have a Damnation
>>
I play Numot, The Devastator

Am I a "That guy"?
>>
I NEED MORE ATTACKING CHAOS IN MY GAHIJI

GIVE ME MORE CARDS LIKE GOBLIN SPYMASTER AND RITE OF THE RAGING STORM
>>
>>50351979
My local Kaalia player isn't That Guy, but he does have greasy black hair and wear cargo shorts. He also doesn't have any countermeasures and people keep putting Mana Tithe and Force Spike in their decks just to fuck with him when he tries to Kaalia on turn 4.
He also takes terrible care of his sleeves

There must be a ritual someone must go through before playing Kaalia
>>
>>50350348
not really, people will target the shit out of you because you have potential to get out of hand but really you are easily dealt with by a single removal spell. kaalia is honestly a super weak general when you think about it
>>
>>50352372
I did something similar to this before. I wanted to play test a new brew i was working on (verolz) but all I had on me was my mishra EDH. So I proxied basic swamps and forests over my duel lands, my mana crypt, and my nether void.
>>
File: IMG_0736.jpg (723KB, 2500x2029px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0736.jpg
723KB, 2500x2029px
>>50352406
>he can't deal with the shittier vamp tutor
>>
>>50352434
Kaalia isn't necessarily weak but is by no means consistent.
In one game it might only take a counterspell to fuck up a Kaalia player's game.
In another game they might drop a turn 4 Iona naming your most crucial color and fucking your game up.
>>
>>50352412
Nah you are good. only noobs can't hand a little LD
>>
anyone want to set up a casaul/fun xmage game? im visiting family this week and i want to play. we could do a discord thing if anyone wants to
>>
>>50352347
You're dumb. I was comparing single purchase of impractical bullshit (Ferarri/Black Lotus) to a future of economic choices (a lifetime of honda civics/jank rares) for the purposes of showing that both functionally accomplish the same goal, and your money would be better invested elsewhere. I used cars as the medium because it's another "investment" with incredibly low returns, despite a few impressive pieces, that can also be a hobby. No one would say "invest in a Ferarri, you'll get more out of it in the long run" because even if it's a valuable commodity, there is the possibility for arbitrary change that will completely devalue your investment.
>>
>>50352496
i'm playing xmage on woogerworks as we speak at this very moment

i can start naming them "tg" from now on
>>
File: 1471778756578.jpg (59KB, 453x439px)
1471778756578.jpg
59KB, 453x439px
>>50352310
>Personally I NEED Abu duels in some of my decks to play at all. If I don't have the mana for a turn 3 phrexian arena and turn 4 cryptic I actually will just lose to the combo player or the voltron agro player. But then again not all groups are as high a power level as mine.
>>
>>50352505
>getting his almonds activated over a meme
Wew lad
>>
>>50352533
Stay mad noobs
>>
>>50351764
So incredibly good in my Horde of Notions deck.

Having targeted exile available over and over is just great.
>>
>>50352615
>can't win in a childrens card game without buying 30 year old hidden cards

kyserino
>>
>>50352649
Whatever you say champ. I am sure your jank stands a chance against a tuned hermit druid list. You sure showed me.
>>
File: Image-151.png (111KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-151.png
111KB, 223x311px
>>50352167
>>
File: Image-95.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-95.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>50352834
>>
File: Image-137.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-137.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>50352890
>>
>>50349463
Pretty generic and underpowered. Needs more versatile spot removal and MLD.
>>
>>50340329
I run shocks, painlands, filters, and all-on-color fetches at a minimum. (So Oloro has Delta, Strand, and Flats, but no Tarn or Misty.)

It's my personal feeling that anyone running true duals in multiplayer EDH is edging into That Guy territory, 'cause muh spirit of EDH. I'm fortunate enough that there are enough players in my area that I can mostly choose to play with people who like a similar power level, instead of having to get on 4chan and get butthurt about it like some other casuals.
>>
>>50353026
The fetches can be more expensive than duals you autist
>>
>>50353107
That's because they are objectively better you autist
>>
>>50349850
>Mazes end
>In a deck that can't run 4 of the Gates
Literally why.
>>50349683
Get every on colour land staple, like Borborygmos the butthurt and some that let you discard lands. Should be obvious to include Crucible of two balls, Oracle of Mul Daya, Courser of Kruphix to name a few. Loam is pretty much auto include as well.
Then there is that one blue treasure spell that lets you draw gorillion cards if you only draw lands.
>>
>>50353131
So running duals is being That Guy but running all the on color fetches isn't?
>>
>>50353157
Actually you can run every gate as they are colorless (I think?)
>>
>>50353192
Their mana abilities give them a color identity
>>
>>50353179
IMO running both is fine. Its just land. But there is a reason some fetches are more expensive than duels.
>>
>>50353192
>Trying new deck on Cockatrice
>Vendillion Clique with Tunnel Vision
>Combo one guy out at turn 6
>Do it again a few turn later thanks to Snapcaster

The salt was overwhelming
>>
>>50353231
My argument is saying duals are against 'muh spirit' but then playing fetches at the same time is hypocrisy
>>
>>50351256
I'm disappointed in wizards. Not only is the card awful, but his abilities don't make any sense either.
Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist, how does that translate to "gib ur ennemis karts bc dey relly ur froinds"
I would at least assume that he would reanimate or create zombies, but no. Fuck that designer and fuck MaRo, even when he wasn't the fagaroni who did the "Create a Ludevic, Atrocity card and use a 'we couldn't make everything super powerful' token"
>>
File: 1464949467021.png (58KB, 380x421px) Image search: [Google]
1464949467021.png
58KB, 380x421px
>>50353211
>TFW you can't have mazes end as a win con in kanye and ice t
>>
>>50353233
Who are you quoting?
>>50353303
It's really same thing as you can't run forests in monoblack or the new Avacyn in monowhite.
>>
>>50353274
Top x for just about nobody on 4chan knows who maro is, what hes done/does, and his entire concept here is pretty much a meme.

Random tidbit: maro went through a phase where he had the design mindset of the typical 4chan critic: the result was urza's block.
>>
>>50352072
>$4 common
isn't the point of secret tech is that it's unknown and therefore cheap?
>>
Finetuning Breya feels odd since she has so many options to push her from zany artifact shenanigans to infinite bullshit.
>>
>>50353665
Yeah, the slots in Breya were tight for me. There are still some cards I want to put in and take out.
>>
>>50353267
How about you enjoy your cards if you have them, while realizing that they are luxury collectors items.

In terms of cost-effectiveness for commander, expensive manabases are terrible. Startng from precon/scratch, you're better off putting your first $100 into spells and cost-effective lands.

People generally have the wrong mindset when it comes to building manabases. They often try to improve their mana base to the point where they can ignore it, when good deckbuilding has your manabase and spells meet halfway. Full sets of fetches and duals are for taking a deck from 99% to 100%, and most players wont have to worry about that.
>>
File: no boys allowed.jpg (205KB, 779x370px) Image search: [Google]
no boys allowed.jpg
205KB, 779x370px
What do you guys think of running Ganja and Marchesa as a noboysallowed pillowfort?
>>
>>50353800
on the top of gahiji, anyone have any super secret tech for him? looking to put some more light chaos / group hug elements into my deck
>>
File: KAALIA PLAYERS.png (590KB, 1496x644px)
KAALIA PLAYERS.png
590KB, 1496x644px
>>50351899
>>50352029
>>50351801
>>50351479
>>
>>50353886
That's pretty darn hilarious. Well done anon. Well done indeed.
>>
>>50353886
The worst part is Kaalia is the antithesis of what a stoner wants to be doing while playing Magic
>>
>>50352006
>Casual fags are the worst
>>
>>50353947
Go on...
>>
>>50353886
I just want Kaalia for my collection don't judge me. ;_;
>>
>>50353859
Chaosphere
>>
>Browsing cards for Shattergang Bros
>See Pharika but misread her
>"Oh boy she'll be great, I was wondering how I'd get enchantment tokens."
>Reread her
What were they thinking?
>>
>>50353990
Hammer of Purphoros
>>
Would an esper artifact themed deck build around sharuum be fun? planning on using blightsteel + master transmuter tho, just in case.
>>
Hey guys what are some good back ups for cloudstone curio for combo purposes?
>>
>>50354020
I forgot it made enchantment tokens, but it's still only one card. Pharika would've been the perfect card if she was more like Night Soil.
>>
>>50354036
get breya go full madman combo
>>
>>50350702
>tfw Mayael's Aria works better with Marath than with Mayael
>>
>>50354083
The thing is my group is fairly casual and only recently got into EDH. Don't want to push it too far.
>>
>>50354077
The inspired cycle from Born of the Gods are also a source for enchantment tokens

Admittedly, its jank but with a certain tap engines(vehicles?) You could have a flow of enchantment tokens. Honestly Id just rely on my green spells to deal with them and treat the Bros enchant ability as a bonus flavor text
>>
>>50354103
Blightsteel is too far. The second you combo into it is the second you reach the point of no return. From that moment on, your friends will never go easy on you again.
>>
>>50352072
love this tech.
>>
>>50354158
I've pulled worse shit outside of EDH before like hitting someone with all three eldrazi titans at once or just playing tron in general, the thing is we are all at the stsrt of building our decks for now/running precons with minor updates.
>>
>>50354077
It generates a token that is every type your commander cares about and it's two out of the three already by itself. I'd say it's worth a look
>>
File: YesYes.png (174KB, 539x430px) Image search: [Google]
YesYes.png
174KB, 539x430px
>Looking through Kaladesh Cards
>See Panharmonicon again
>Suddenly remember I have a General Tazri/Ally deck laying around

I'll need to finetune it a bit so it has some contingency plans but the thought of Ondu Champion equipped with Blade of Selves and Panharmonicon out would be worth it enough.
>>
>>50354247
Oh I wasn't saying I'm not putting it in my deck. I just that I wish there were more decent enchantment token makers and that Pharika wasn't so gimped.
>>
>>50354197
Enjoy it while it lasts. Some groups stabilize into understanding that building a commander deck is kind of like making a casserole for a party. The other groups end up developing a mindset where they think "hey, onions and bananas are both legal to cook with, so I can put them together and they HAVE to eat it. They wont be able to stomach it and I will be the winner!"

Continuing the metaphor, it would be naive to assume that every cook that would rather share food that tastes good lacks the skills necessary to deliberately make something unpalatable.
>>
>>50354197
Why not use your deck building skills to build some left-field jank that wont work in an established meta? Make a R/W wraths.dek with Tajic, or New Teysa voltron? I've always wanted to build Mogis soft-stax lock, but it's just too slow to play in my meta. Maybe even Sek'Kuar? I run a pretty fun variant.
>>
So, why the fuck isn't Maelstrom Wanderer banned?
>>
>>50354305
Not him, but I've made an infect deck with the new group-hug commander at the helm.
>>
>>50354359
He's pretty janky. Half the time you win, half the time you lose, and 1/10th of the time someone steals him and instantly kills you. In general he's pretty manageable, particularly if you force your opponent to cast him a few times and/or run some mill.
>>
>>50354305
I tried upgrading the grouphug precon with cards that I have lying around for now, I'll take it with me next time and see how it goes. The thing is I want to finish my legacy deck before focusing on something new so that has priority now and after that I will start experimenting with different commanders.

>>50354299
I hope it won't become like that. We all play for fun, mainly noone is really focused on winning.
>>
>>50354248
Panharmonicon is great, particularly in Brago. Kaladesh has a few sleeper hits, but most of the big stuff is kind of meh. Green and Black gearhulks are awesome, Ninth Bridge Patrol is common of the year, but things like Aetherworks Marvel and Smug Copter just don't make sense for my style of deck building.
>>
File: commander spikes.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
commander spikes.png
200KB, 400x1446px
i poured all of my artistic talnet into this comic

i hope it was worth it
>>
>>50354422
In general, upgrading precons is a bad idea because it doesn't teach you the fundamentals of deck building. Sure, for a new player, it's a good introduction to the format, and a great way to experiment, but as an experienced player you might hit the 99 ceiling and fuck your curve with a bunch of fun jank. I usually build in a very simple way:

>10 pieces of ramp
>10 pieces of card draw
>10 things that win you the game (usually at a high CMC)
>10 things that remove other things
>20 things that support whatever theme you want to run

Now, within that, I usually prioritize things with simple devotion in tricolours, and things with complicated devotion in mono colours. You're also going to want to make sure you have a good curve.
>>
>>50353470
I realize that, but essentially, he's the main face of wizards from what I gather. I never played during Urza: I started somewhere in middle of 10th Edition and Shards.
Still, the guy who designed the commanders was doing the planeswalker commander sets as well, right?
I remember he was working with something what everyone around here seem to hate, but can't remember what it was exactly.
>>
>>50354491
7/10. Not bad, but not funny. It's profoundly average. Well done.
>>
>>50354502
I will try that, thank you.
>>
>>50354491
I would change vintage to legacy because I don't think I have ever seen anyone play a party of paper vintage. Especially not at an lgs.
>>
>>50354524
To know what urzas was like, look at any custom card thread, pick out some cards where the creator was clearly trying too hard to makr his baby card special, then imagine an entire block of 1000 cards was designed like that. It was a major low for the development quality of mtg, and every single card was greenlit by maro. Its hardbto imagine today, but maro had to reel himself the fuck in before destroying the game.
>>
>>50354703
Just show people tolarian academy and they should understand.
>>
>>50354359
lmao just use removal
Thread posts: 429
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.