[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Big ol trouble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 75

File: mack_sztaba_01.jpg (740KB, 1800x1078px) Image search: [Google]
mack_sztaba_01.jpg
740KB, 1800x1078px
Its 3am and I'm covered in vomit

Previous Thread: >>50253112

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
>>50291878
So how viable is it in FFG games to have a silhouette 5 home base ship? possibly with some personal fighters/shuttles?
>>
>>50292069
There's two types of Sil 5. Gozanti/Sentinel scale, and Corvette scale, which do you mean.
>>
>>50292132
more like a gozanti or wayfarer that serves as mobile base to the party.
>>
>>50292222
They're strong and (in the case of the Gozanti absurdly) cheap, but not exactly the best since they are sorta a midground between durability and the (By RAW, seriously limited) evasion that Sil4 allows.
>>
>>50292222
Hopefully you're getting a good deal on fuel/supplies/maintenance. Technically you could cruise it with a party, but long-term logistics is a much larger operation that round get out of hand for just a small group.
>>
>>50292069
Sil5's like the CR90 Corvette and Consular are really solid ships, with a hanger mod they can carry fighters too.
Problem's tend to be the crew requirements, cost and they tend to cop a real beating from capital ships, so don't expect to go toe to toe with much.
>>
>>50292291
>>50292360
>>50292385
Thanks guys all noted.

It's for a force and destiny game where the players are about to likely lose their mentor character and most of their allies they've built up to this arc's BBEG, they'll escape because their home an old freighter, is not as old as previously thought.
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/cm/1469654237881.jpg

Posting over a discovery I made with a misclick.

A hybrid of Dark Forces 1 and Dark Forces 2 Kyle.
>>
May as well revive the thread with a question: what sort of star wars /tg/ game that doesn't already exist would you be most interested in seeing?
>>
>>50294557
Star Wars: Trader.

Core book is full of commodities tables and an economic system generator. You're the crew of a trade freighter, dodge pirates, while attempting to make a viable trade empire, all the time cursing at the filthy smugglers undercutting your prices.
>>
>>50294557
>Ground vehicle combat game with separate Rebel and Imperial single player campaigns.

>Capital ship game made like a Silent Hunter game
>>
>>50294671
Damn missed the /tg/ thing.

>ground vehicle combat game similar to MechWarrior but using movement and order dials like Armada
>>
File: 348959-138376-kyle-katarn.jpg (20KB, 250x417px) Image search: [Google]
348959-138376-kyle-katarn.jpg
20KB, 250x417px
>>50294479
>no beard
>>
File: Kyle Katarn no beard.png (190KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Katarn no beard.png
190KB, 533x400px
>>50294784
not the anon you are responding to but DF1 Kyle didn't have a beard.
>>
>>50294784
>>50294905
Like I said, it's a hybrid, DF1 smoothface and jacket, DF2 saber.
>>
>>50294557

I want a ground combat game somewhere between X-Wing and Armada Scale, preferably with an objective focus. The kind of thing you could easily integrate multiple eras in, and easily theme campaigns and expansion packs around famous battles.
>>
>>50294905
>>50294938
They merely lacked the technology to render him in his full glory. Jason Court is the one true Katarn.
>>
>>50294479
I like it, though without the beard his jaw kinda reminds me of Thanos depiction in the marvel movies.

And now, on a completely unrelated note, I am wondering how Karl Urban would look as Kyle katarn
>>
>>50295309
I like Jason Court but I also like the voice actor in Outcas/Academy since I started with Outcast.

>>50295341
>And now, on a completely unrelated note, I am wondering how Karl Urban would look as Kyle katarn
You are far from the first to posit Karl Katarn.
>>
>>50295199

Now that I've said this, I can't stop thinking about how easy it would be to package and market.

Start with your battle of Hoth as a core set, Rebels get Rebel Infantry (Cold), a flight of a couple Snow Speeders and some of their fixed gun emplacements. Imperials get Snowtroopers, AT-ST and the AT-AT. Comes with the easiest set-up in the world. Get a little shield generator token - if imperials destroy the token before so many turns pass, they win. If rebels hold out for enough rounds, they win.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is how to handle hero types - should they just be upgrades you slot into a squad, or their own "mini". Maybe a mix of both? You can just drop Commander Skywalker in with any old Alliance Infantry team, but somebody like Sheev shows up on his own with a couple of Royal Guards watching his six.
>>
File: spaceboner.jpg (6KB, 261x208px) Image search: [Google]
spaceboner.jpg
6KB, 261x208px
>>50294671
>>Capital ship game made like a Silent Hunter game
>>
Spacebump
>>
File: Xizor's most dignified moment.jpg (1MB, 875x1257px) Image search: [Google]
Xizor's most dignified moment.jpg
1MB, 875x1257px
Rochambump

Shadows of the Empire is an interesting re-read
>>
>>50297674
Yeah, you just gotta remember that the narrator takes on the traits of the PoV character without EXPRESSLY stating it's an internal monologue.

He does the same thing in his Aliens vs Predator books.
>>
So I've been playing with a list with an TIE/D and am kinda interest in why they never show up in lists.
Now it could just be that it's just a touch weaker than an option with x7, but I'm wondering if the U-boat weakening and more small ships showing up might make the tractor beam option more viable.
>>
>>50294612
You could easily do this with EotE and maybe some SWN or just a spreadsheet if you wanted. Or just play a star wars themed SWN game
>>
>>50297832
Granted, it's not crappy writing.
Also, why did I unconsciously get the mental picture of Xizor being played by Michael Fassbender?
>>
>>50297882
I've actually found a tractor beam flying with a black crack miniswarm decent
the fighters block denying r1 shots then a i Tractor Beam the ace back into their R1 line of fire after he's missed his chance to shoot point blank and now with the -1 agility.
>>
File: 1479428954114.jpg (615KB, 740x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1479428954114.jpg
615KB, 740x2000px
>>50291878
Post lore questions that keep you up at night

>how did the Empire have rebel heavy tanks?
>>
>>50299213
Yulane Trachta made those tanks for the empire officially and sold them to the rebels under the table.
>>
>>50299213

I'll raise you.

>Why does that X-Wing have its canopy open in mid-flight?
>>
>>50299341
I got the impression that this was the theft of the X-wing prototypes, they're lifting off under fire (which is also why the s-foils are closed).
>>
In a universe where the Force exists and exerts its influence on all people, is there really even free will?
>>
>>50299730
Yes. The Force didn't cause Anakin to fall, it didn't cause Palpatine to be a cackling madman.

People do still have choices. It's not like the Force is actively affecting every single decision every single person makes every single day.
>>
So how is Destiny? That tutorial has me intrigued.
>>
>>50299799
no idea, not out yet. from the game I watched, it looks pretty fun but no one has sat down and worked out the most powerful stuff. I can tell you right now that in all likelihood unless you have a way to cheat out the bigger cards, most decks aren't going to touch many cards above 3. 4 and 5 drops just take too long to get to, and your opponent can punish you too hard for going for them.
>>
>Incom-Seinar QIE-X
>never
>>
File: FORESHADOWING.png (654KB, 655x504px) Image search: [Google]
FORESHADOWING.png
654KB, 655x504px
Everything about this cracks me up. Especially because Priapulins don't have feet, per say.
>>
This is a really dumb question.

But can you do Heroes vs Heroes or Villains vs Villains in Destiny?
>>
How good are the various RPG supplements? I love Stay on Target, because of how much it opens up for Rogue Squadron style adventures, but how is Forged in Battle and Desperate Allies? And how are the Force and Destiny supplements? I honestly don't see how well they would work, given how comparatively tight the careers are in FaD.
>>
>>50298656
SWN?
>>
File: capture_367_18112016_233533.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
capture_367_18112016_233533.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
I want to see the Grand Tour intro recreated with Baron Fel getting into an X_Wing instead of Clarkson into a Mustang.
>>
File: Palps drinking buddies.jpg (506KB, 1000x784px) Image search: [Google]
Palps drinking buddies.jpg
506KB, 1000x784px
>>50300237
Fairly happy with most of them and their content and PC's tend to slobber all over them like fat chicks on a chocolate cake, I tend to get a lot more use out of the region books though.
The additional careers tend to be fine, some of the gear you want to check before cutting it loose. Overall though they just sort of fill out a lot of the SW Galaxy a bit more and that is a lot to fill out so every bit of modern material helps.
Still tend to go digging through the D6, D20/Saga stuff for the more esoteric info though. Wookiepedia is also a great resource for that too
>>
>>50300053
I shudder at how accurately they predicted Kotaku.
>>
I don't watch Rebels at all. How's Thrawn?
>>
There is apparently a Pazaak game for phones, but the issue is the stasis field is face-up only and seems to only fit two cards.
>>
>>50300412
Very nice.
>>
>>50300412
Surprisingly fairly close to the guy we know from the books
>>
>>50300412
Basically the stuff in Rebels that wasn't created for Rebels is good, and the best stuff in the show
>>
So the question on everyone's mind.
How will heroes of the resistance effect HotAC?
Me Han doesn't work. Jess will be the biggest impact in large teams.
>>
>>50300107

I don't see why not, the restrictions are just on you building a deck, right? The game is just sold as Heroes vs Villains, but you couldn't guarantee that in a tournament setting.
>>
>>50300657
I mean in Star Wars X-Wing, Armada and the LCG you have that restriction right?
>>
>>50300107
You can. And it's not that silly of a question - it's even in the FAQ of the rulebook:

>Can I play with my friend if we are both using villain (or hero) decks?
>Yes. You can play against anyone, regardless of what affiliation their deck is. You could even use the same characters they are using!

Page 21: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/77/43/7743cdd8-51f8-4ec1-9f2d-8d731a900751/swd_rules_referencecompressed.pdf
>>
>>50300515
>Grinkie
>Kanan
>Chopper
>All the Imperial Waifus
Anon pls
>>
>>50300692

> Star Wars X-Wing

Oh no, you can totally have matches with the same faction in X-Wing. Nothing is more entertaining than watching two flavors of Palp Aces try and out Palp Ace the other guy.

I don't know about Armada or the LCG, so I can't comment. Armada is more objective based though, so I could see why the strict opposition is required. But all I've seen out of Destiny is that you don't necessarily have to play heroes v villains. Hell, Finn's whole schtick is you can also include certain Villain cards in your deck with him on your list.
>>
>>50300771
I'll give you Kanan & Chopper, and I'll add the Shadow Caster because I've got a fetish for heavy fighters.
>>
File: R2D2Mcquarrie.jpg (38KB, 400x361px) Image search: [Google]
R2D2Mcquarrie.jpg
38KB, 400x361px
>>50300771
>>Chopper
Chopper is the original version of R2-D2.
>>
>>50300829

So like everything else in Rebels.
>>
>>50300842
Pretty much!
>>
File: Beretta 93r stockoiut.jpg (27KB, 550x265px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta 93r stockoiut.jpg
27KB, 550x265px
Hrm, I wanna see an se-14 model with a little stock like this, It would just be cute.
>>
>>50300765
>>50300812
Alright, thanks for the answers.
>>
>>50300829
Did R2 originally have autism too?
>>
File: Reximfavor_mk5.jpg (39KB, 643x204px) Image search: [Google]
Reximfavor_mk5.jpg
39KB, 643x204px
>>50301366
I also wonder if a firing se14 prop could be made, cutting down the Rexim-Favor so badly would eliminate what LOOKS LIKE a gas return so you'd get at most one shot. Or maybe it's not gas.
>>
So has anyone played Star Trek Attack wing? The models look like ass and the scaling is all wrong... It looks like a cheap X-Wing knock off.
>>
>>50301448
Oh that's not a gas pipe at all it's a spike bayonet.
>>
>>50301448
I'm about 99% certain that it's a straight blowback gun. I've seen some pretty damn cut down smith 76s, so if you left even like three or four inches of barrel it would probably work
>>
File: SE-14r_Fathead.png (272KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
SE-14r_Fathead.png
272KB, 400x480px
>>50301462
I don't think that this has any barrel left (And is just a plastic/rubber chunk from the look of things)
>>
>>50301455

I refuse to touch it because of the scaling.
>>
>>50301495
I'm aware that the prop doesn't. I was just suggesting that you could do a pretty short barrel if you were building a shooting prop
>>
>>50301448
I believe the Rexim was actually a SW prop gun at some point for the stormies in Ep4, not entirely sure if it actually made it into any final cuts though.
>>
>>50301786
Nope, just the promotional material. It almost certainly WILL be in Rogue One as a sidearm though.
>>
>>50301811
Cool, I dunno if they ever made many of the Favor's. They bayonet seems to almost suggest they wanted to sell it to South Americans where they stuck bayonets on everything :)
>>
>>50294612

Would love to see a star citizen style star wars game set in maybe the original trilogy timeline or maybe in the new movies.

It's literally all there for the game to succeed.
>Will never be a bounty hunter going on some station to haul out some smuggler scum
>Will never be the captain of a star destroyer pulling thrawn level bullshit along with your best buds

Why even live?
>>
>>50301838
>Cool, I dunno if they ever made many of the Favor's
it was pretty limited. they were looking for a big contract that never materialized, and I think they only made the one run, which was sold off IIRC to a bunch of police departments (and prop houses, of course)
>>
>>50301811
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rexim-Favor
>Similar versions of the prop later made their way into the film itself, being wielded by Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba in the Cantina scene.
>>
>>50294557
A Hex and chit games magazine in the style of S&T/Modern War to simulate military campaigns throughout galactic history.
>>
>>50301881
Derp that's true I'm retarded.
>>
File: Beretta 93 folded stock.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta 93 folded stock.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
>>50301366
>>50301495
What WOULD a little machine Pistol-to-PDW stock like that DO anyway? (For FFG rules)
>>
>>50302572
good question, because it's not like their equipment chapter crew actually understand something as complicated as recoil, let alone the actual utility of a stock in aiming.
maybe it lets you ignore one black dice when shooting using the stock?
>>
File: beg252-s-f1-h.jpg (48KB, 1000x398px) Image search: [Google]
beg252-s-f1-h.jpg
48KB, 1000x398px
>>50302572
Just a few things I can think of if it was transposed to FFG rules-

>Stock extended
Increase Encumbrance by 1
Increase Range by 1 band

>Stock collapsed
Decrease Encumbrance by 1

Reason being that they where more there for accuracy at longer ranges than you'd normally plink away with, rather than controllability during automatic fire.
The stock helps, but on something like a submachinegun or PDW, they're generally better weighted towards automatic, heavier and mechanically suited to doing that. Pistols tend to run very hot and don't weigh very much so they're never ideal for pretending to be a machinegun, but if you really need to suppress and enemy to keep them behind cover, or hose down a small room at close range its gunna be unhappy times for all concerned.
>>
File: Vulture_Droid_SWCT.png (1MB, 1235x905px) Image search: [Google]
Vulture_Droid_SWCT.png
1MB, 1235x905px
has FFG said anything about adding clone wars ships to X-wing and/or armada? Seems like a obvious thing to do
>>
>>50303728
>clone wars ships
Aside from the ARC-170, you mean?
>>
>>50303779
precisely
>>
>>50300237
As the other anon has said equipment is a bit iffy, I'd actually go so far as to automatically assume the weapons and armour are strictly off limits simply because a lot of them are just core weapons with an adjustment already added. Between that and price balance it's only really worth adding them if they fulfil a thematic purpose (like the Hutt shell armour) though that's obviously a fairly extreme stance and not for everyone.

The later career books (so not dangerous covenants) also add nice rules about how to spend advantage/threat in various situations not covered in the core rulebook. As you know Stay on Target has rules for asteroid fields and the like but the sentinel book for FaD does the same for heavy traffic, foot pursuits and other urban complications. The soldier book for AoR adds rules for making and using fortifications, the diplomat book and EotE's Colonist book add rules for having a home base, Special Modifications and the Guardian book have crafting rules. Obviously these are all really good and they also have useful GM advice like how to run certain types of adventure, how to reward players with things unique to them and exactly how much a character should be paid for their job (very simple, helpful guidelines on the player's cut in the smuggler book for example).
>>
>>50303728

They have expressly said the will not do clone wars factions, but that does not preclude clone wars era ships ending up in the game - doubly proven that both wave 5 ships are straight from CW.

As an Imperial player I am saddened that rebels are more likely to get the CIS surplus while I'll get stuck with the Venator.
>>
>>50303728

I would actually be so hype for a new X Wing Core Set for Clone Wars era (Call it say, Jedi Starfighter rather than X-Wing). You could pitch it like Warmachine/Hordes. Each game is a standalone experience but they're completely compatible with one another. New Galactic Republic and Separatist factions, new rules for Force Sensitive pilots.

I would include a single blue 'Force' dice. Force Sensitive pilots would throw it with any attack or defence they made. It would have a couple of focus results and a special 'Force' icon. The force icon would be treated as focus but then you could have abilities trigger off it. Like say, Mace Windu's pilot ability might be "Once per round, when you roll Force, you may perform a primary weapon attack." Or Count Dooku crew could be "Whenever an enemy ship rolls Force, assign that ship a stress token."

Then you get to do elite talents that are restricted to force sensitive pilots only and neat things like that.

I would buy in so fast to a Jedi Starfighter vs 2 Vulture Droids core set.
>>
>>50304063
As an imperial player I'm pissed that the Rebels are getting republic ships at all. Arcs should still be more common in the empire.

I'm also pissed they get a TIE fighter, are they already out of ideas for them?
>>
File: iron fist cover.jpg (785KB, 1255x2000px) Image search: [Google]
iron fist cover.jpg
785KB, 1255x2000px
>>50304200
>I'm also pissed they get a TIE fighter
It should have been a goddamn Interceptor. Lieutenant Kettch when, FFG?
>>
>>50304244
Pls no
Just give rebels actual rebel ships
>>
>>50304406

I'm pretty shocked the B-Wing Transport from TFA hasn't made it in for Rebels yet. Though with the U-Wing coming out and the HWK-290 already in it'll need to have its own niche.
>>
File: 1476730881953.jpg (12KB, 255x358px) Image search: [Google]
1476730881953.jpg
12KB, 255x358px
>>50304406
Pls yes, even if it's just Kettch. Interceptor Wedge would be fun as hell.
>>
>>50304461
Fucking no unless you get us some imperial xwings for fairness
>>
>>50300552
Jess is a great early ability, Snap would be useful on ships without engine upgrade, Nien is boss on damn near anything, Rey is godtier on an arc-locked ship (or an ARC), nuChewie is bad, nuHan might need tweaking to work.
>>
File: f-15 aggressor colors.jpg (64KB, 1024x517px) Image search: [Google]
f-15 aggressor colors.jpg
64KB, 1024x517px
>>50304538
I wouldn't be against that. Prototype T-65s in Imp colors would be pretty cool. It would sort of be like F-15s and F-16s flying with Russian paint jobs.
>>
>>50304538
>'fairness' over fluff
Rebels stole and used a lot of imperial equipment throughout the fluff.
Imps had the mass manufacturing capability, so they made their own ships. Mainly TIEs.
>>
File: Incom I-7 Howlrunner.jpg (142KB, 1041x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Incom I-7 Howlrunner.jpg
142KB, 1041x1092px
>>50304538
Yes pls
>>
>>50304170
Does anyone remember the gentleman who was putting quite a bit of time into CIS and Republic factions?

He had his own webpage, whatever happened to him?
>>
>>50305878
Murdered by a Disney assassin
>>
>>50305878
I think being banned from the official forms killed motivation
>>
File: tr-8r.gif (125KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tr-8r.gif
125KB, 200x200px
What can I do for a rebel list?
I've got
>Base set
>X-wing expac
>Y-wing expac
>A-wing expac
>B-wing expac
>E-wing expac
>Rebel Aces
>TIE bomber
>TIE interceptor
Maybe some double x-wing stuff? The game store I go to has cards I can borrow.
>>
>>50306307
Even if you don't plan on flying the T-70, I'd recommend getting the upgrade cards from the TFA core and T-70 expansion. BB-8 and Integrated Astromech are both great to have.
>>
>>50291878
Emilia Clarke has been cast in the Han Solo movie.
>>
>>50307652
Bria Tharen?
>>
File: Vegas 2 Reinforced Helmet.jpg (50KB, 536x768px) Image search: [Google]
Vegas 2 Reinforced Helmet.jpg
50KB, 536x768px
I love how much the Imperial Tank Crew and to a lesser degree the shoretrooper helmets remind me of this helmet from RB6Vegas2.
>>
>>50306307
Millennium falcon my man
>>
>>50308020
>>
>>50308034
>Full body armor and face-covering helmet in an AFV
That can't be comfortable at all.
>>
>>50308120
Very limited leg armor.
>>
>>50308245
>Only armored from waist up
>Completely nude waste down
This is how I choose to imagine people poking their upper bodies out of tanks now.
>>
>>50304063
in xwing i wouldn't be surprised if the CIS stuff goes to scum with some mentions of seperatist holdouts or former commanders turned pirates/warlords in the outer rim
>>
File: 1476941831890.jpg (104KB, 549x849px) Image search: [Google]
1476941831890.jpg
104KB, 549x849px
When is "Friends Like These" coming out?

When is "No Disintegrations" coming out?
>>
File: MJ001423.jpg (85KB, 640x418px) Image search: [Google]
MJ001423.jpg
85KB, 640x418px
>>50309293
Gotta wait on that boat.
>>
>>50309363
Do they print the BOOKS in Chinkistan and not just the models?
>>
>>50309618
One does not wait on books to print, they must grow naturally! Only the highest quality organically grown reading material for us.
>>
File: 1478146864598.png (1MB, 550x1510px) Image search: [Google]
1478146864598.png
1MB, 550x1510px
>>50309363

The boat sucks
>>
>>50291878

Our group's upcoming Force and Destiny game is basically shaping up to be JJBA in space. Any tips on how to make this sort of thing work?
>>
>>50310047
Always be able to step up and deliver some cool moves, but be aware when its someone else's time to shine. Everyone gets a cool moment, so its best to work collaboratively to make it happen.
>>
File: Mark Hamill's Bizarre Adventure.jpg (52KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
Mark Hamill's Bizarre Adventure.jpg
52KB, 540x405px
>>50310047

Forgot pic related, fuck.
>>
File: luke-skywalker-noooo.jpg (112KB, 550x374px) Image search: [Google]
luke-skywalker-noooo.jpg
112KB, 550x374px
>>50310047
>OH NOOOOOO
>>
File: MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA.jpg (49KB, 451x333px) Image search: [Google]
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA.jpg
49KB, 451x333px
>>50310047
>>
>>50310047
Make sure you can deliver 20 second lines between what would be lighting fast lightsabre blows.

JoJo fights are all about out thinking your opponents and using the terrain or your own bodies against each other, the FFG dice line up shockingly well for this actually with their abstract benefits so go beyond the combat symbols table.

Ham it up and bro it up maximum hetero life partners.

Have fun and make the villains have fun as well.
>>
File: unnamed.png (242KB, 441x334px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
242KB, 441x334px
with tge upcoming rebel tie fighter been think of how too run all 4 as a rebel tie swarm.
got this isea but not completely sure if its good, thoughts or changes you'd make?

Captain Rex — TIE Fighter 14
Hotshot Co-pilot 4
Sabine's Masterpiece 1
Ship Total: 19

Sabine Wren (TIE Fighter) — TIE Fighter 15
Opportunist 4
Ship Total: 19

Ahsoka Tano — TIE Fighter 17
Opportunist 4
Ship Total: 21

"Zeb" Orrelios (TIE Fighter) — TIE Fighter
Ship Total: ? im assuming he's going to be the cheapest pilot at about 13 points.

Roark Garnet — HWK-290 19
Twin Laser Turret 6
Jyn Erso 2
Ship Total: 27

basic plan is to have zeb, savine and asohka form the front line ahead of rex and roark. roark makes rex shoot first to debuff what ever ship I'm goinng to focus on with the forward 3. jyn passes extra focus to asohka to use for her ability.
>>
>>50308023
What about the millennium falcon? I was gonna pick it up for a heavy laser cannon.
>>
File: Barabel_by_wraithdt.jpg (197KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Barabel_by_wraithdt.jpg
197KB, 800x800px
Barabels are so fucking cool.
>>
I serving as a GM, I need some help coming up with traps, events, and encounters that could occur in a scrap yard

My party is stranded on a remote planet infested with hostile wildlife. They have teamed up with the remains of an Imperial Star Destroyer crew and it's Moff to survive. They plan to find an abandoned APC in a scrapyard created from the numerous ships that crashland on the planet, and use it to travel across the world unharmed.

Anyone have Ideas of what I could have for traps or monster encounters. I was thinking abut having something from one of the crashed ships turn into a trap or a general hazard, but for some reason I can't think of anything
>>
File: top gear challenge2.jpg (50KB, 578x325px) Image search: [Google]
top gear challenge2.jpg
50KB, 578x325px
>>50311633
>encounters that could occur in a scrap yard
The party encounters three blokes from a pokey piloting program, as well as their tame racing pilot. They seek the same items as the party and will compete fiercely for them unless spares are found.
>>
>>50311633

Old battle droids? They could be in "sleep mode" and get powered up when your players get too close.

Some ships could have defence systems still active. Turrets or ray shields? A reactor going critical?

Hostile wildlife nesting in downed ships?
>>
>>50311633
hostile salvagers who are also interested in taking slaves when the opportunity presents.
>>
>>50308120
The suits are air-conditioned.
>>
Huh, apparently Dash's ship came before him. The YT-2400 was made for the special edition first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlpvQhH58X4
>>
>>50312274

Also, apparently YT-24s can S-Loop.
>>
>>50312571

Also, solid use of Smuggling Compartments + Rigged Cargo Chute there, really fucked up that Gozanti's day.
>>
Is there anything that stops you using the Racer spec for space ships\starfighters, etc?
>>
>>50312684
Nope.
>>
>>50312274
Huh.

Did not know that about the YT-2400.
>>
>>50311010
get you one for dat engine upgrade
>>
>>50312592
I think that was just standard cargo operations. Rebels kind of gets around how these smaller ships can carry lots of cargo.
>>
File: capture_687_19112016_231839.jpg (63KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
capture_687_19112016_231839.jpg
63KB, 1920x1080px
Dammit animators, HOW ARE THEY FLYING AGAINST THEIR THRUST AXIS!?!?!?! (They made this error YEARS back with Obi-wan boarding a seperatist ship and thrusting the wrong way with his jetpack but that was far fewer frames.
>>
>>50313933
It's either going to be an excuse about muh budget or not muh hard sci-fi.
>>
>>50313933

I'm pretty sure this episode also canonically has sound in space, not even as like a style thing but literally Kanan zatoichi's the TIE fighting before anybody else can see or hear them. So the fact that they also don't get thrust is, y'know, kind of a lost cause. It's pulp.
>>
So, I'm interested in X-Wing but don't know where to start. How do I make something TIE related?
>>
>>50314107
define "something tie related".

Do you want to start a TIE fighter based list? Literally just adding in TIES is a very effective way to run them.

purchase wise, I'd start with a core, and both tie fighter expansions.
>>
>>50314136
Thank you. I honestly don't know much about the game, but I like TIE fighters a lot.
>>
I'm contemplating starting a "living campaign" of FFG SW over Discord, in the vein of old World of Darkness online chronicles.

People apply for characters, mess around with themselves, me (and maybe assistant GMs) run adventures/events and play NPCs when there are people about.

What would be a good location/era for such a game? I'm thinking a big space station or a neutral planet initially.
>>
>>50314714
>What would be a good location/era for such a game? I'm thinking a big space station or a neutral planet initially.
what about a capital ship belonging to a mercenary organization? all sorts of weirdos could reasonably be on board and it could conceivably visit pretty much anywhere in the galaxy
>>
>>50313998

Hell, sound in space has been canonical at least since Episode II when Jango dropped those sonic charges in the asteroid field.
>>
>>50314714
what levels of lewd would be allowed?
>>
>>50314771
I suppose these sort of games tend to have a focus on local politics and have a central focus on the setting itself. Spies, information brokers, mechanics and bureaucrats go up in value, which is preferable. These games tend to have a different focus from the usual adventuring life of most campaigns.

Could have the capital ship be a focal point, though. Maybe a planet undergoing some sort of a conflict with the local government resorting to mercenaries? Main locations could be a sprawling - but troubled - city planetside, the space station of said local government that doesn't want to get hit by dissident attacks down below and the capital ship of the mercs orbiting the planet.

Throw a Massassi temple equivalent in the wilderness of the planet and you have a reason for every type of a character to be there.
>>
>>50314864
What you do in private with other characters is not my concern. Just don't make people uncomfortable.
>>
>>50314841

Pretty sure those are seismic charges, not that it makes too much of a difference in terms of space.

But I don't think the audio levels of space have been an on-screen plot point before now.
>>
>>50314714

The Wheel for a preexisting (mostly) neutral point. Has rebel influence, has imp presence nearby.
>>
>>50315118
Any ideas on where on the timeline to set the game? Is imps/rebels an interesting conflict to focus the game around?
>>
>>50291878
I'm new here. Why don't Star Wars fighters have BVR?
>>
>>50315239
Fucktons of ECM to accommodate WW2 stylization.
>>
>>50315239
enough ECM to melt your face off means that you won't hit shit if you try.
it's been the canon explanation since literally '78 or '79
>>
>>50314714
>>50314714
I'm interested
>>
File: Concord Dawn newcanon fighters.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Concord Dawn newcanon fighters.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>50308020
>>50308034
Another good Heavy-forehead helmet in starwars.
>>
File: 20161120_174321.jpg (845KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161120_174321.jpg
845KB, 2048x1152px
thought I'd spice up my xwing games.
making 3d asteroids to go on my obstacles.
>>
>>50315635
Lick of paint on them and it'll look cool
Styrofoam hit with a torch or lighter and melted will also look a bit like rock too if you want to give that a go
>>
>>50315697
thats pretty much how i did it. though i used a solering iron too melt the foam.

its glued on a nail that is held onto a magnet embedded in the cardboard so it can come off easily when a ship will move onto it.
>>
File: reb_ca_1402_1a3a1690.jpg (941KB, 1280x951px) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_1402_1a3a1690.jpg
941KB, 1280x951px
>Edge of the Empire
>rules for running a upgrading a Homestead and Business
>Age of Rebellion
>no rules for creating, running, and upgrading your own rebel base

What the shit FFG
>>
>>50316363
well, if you're lucky, in the next few bloatbooks, you can have poorly copypasted rules for that stuff
>>
File: reb_ca_2086_7865f831.jpg (667KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_2086_7865f831.jpg
667KB, 1280x720px
>>50316405

Probably wont be as good as just taking the options from Defiant Core base upgrades, and applying money and obligation costs for them ala homestead rules
>>
>>50316363
Where are the rules for upgrading Homestead and Business?
>>
>>50316470

Far Horizons, page 81
>>
>>50301455
That's because it is. Wizkids bought rights to use the rules and made a shittier version of X-wing.
>>
>>50316363
Aren't there upgrades in the Diplomat book for rebel bases?
>>
>>50316497
I thought WizKids was dead
>>
>>50316548
Back from the graaaaaaaaaaaaave, anon.
>>
Here's what I have so far for the game;

=Setting/Theme=
The outline I have so far places the setting somewhere around the time of the old trilogy, likely after the Battle of Yavin. Imperial presence has withdrawn from a remote Outer Rim region and has thus left a power vacuum that many different factions are trying to fill. The scope of the game is generally going to be limited to a single sector, focusing on the agendas of the player characters, local politics and world-building.

The main hub will be the urban capital of a lawless world that is surrounded by a vast wilderness littered with strange beasts, savage natives, merciless outlaws, buried ruins and other oddities. A few other planets/locations will play a part, likely in the form of space stations, capital ships and various stages of sector administration.

The game has a heavy emphasis on oft-overlooked everyday aspects of Star Wars life, catering to merchants and mechanics just as much as mercenaries and murderdroids. The most influential people will likely be bureaucrats and politicos, not the gun-toting sharpshooters. Information brokering, espionage, slicing and acquisition of goods are all avenues that will give characters extended leverage compared to the usual non-stop action model most tabletop games use.

Force Sensitives are a (slightly restricted) character option, and will hopefully bunch up together to form a coalition or cabal of some sort. There will be a narrative aid introduced that will speed the process along, but the mysteries of the Force will be explored through the individual philosophies of the characters, rather than tube-fed dogma from ages past. Starting out Force stuff is less about cool lightsaber battles and more about mysticism and moral conflict.
>>
>>50316821
Players accumulate XP based on activity, up to 25 XP per week. One week of real time is approximately one month of game time. GMs will run at least one weekly event and react as supporting cast whenever available and willing. Participation in events is not mandatory, though they are the main means of moving the overarching plot and evolving the setting.

Destiny points are rolled at the start of the scene and are personal, unless there is an event. Different local factions track individual commendation, morality rules have been changed a little to accommodate for the platform and obligation is rolled weekly by the GMs who will try to introduce relevant story elements. The per-session mechanical penalties/bonuses don't apply.
>>
>>50316821
>=Setting/Theme=
>The outline I have so far places the setting somewhere around the time of the old trilogy, likely after the Battle of Yavin. Imperial presence has withdrawn from a remote Outer Rim region and has thus left a power vacuum that many different factions are trying to fill
works possibly 100 times better for 5-10 ABY, post-endor era, the warlord days. everything you're talking on is better then
>>
>>50316907
Sounds good. If I place the location relatively remote, the Core World situation won't matter that much.
>>
>>50316943
nowhere in the galaxy was really exempt from warlords outside of NR territory, but the more scarcely populated and raggedy-assed areas in the spinward/rimward area (galactic """"south"""") are not used too much in both legends and nucanon and would be ideal for this sort of thing
>>
>>50313933
Because they're boats in a magic space ocean and if they weren't thrusting to control their decent they'd sink all the way down to the planet.
>>
>>50313933
>HOW ARE THEY FLYING AGAINST THEIR THRUST AXIS

that's how space works, with no source of drag, thrusting in one direction has no effect on your velocity in any other direction.
>>
>>50317279
In the scene they go "down," against their own engine with no other source of momentum relative to the ship they were just docked on a second before.
>>
>>50317311
I have to agree. From a perspective of pure physics it makes no sense (unless they were already under immense downward momentum, which as you pointed out, they were not).

But Star Wars doesn't use anything approaching real world physics.
>>
>>50317408
I know, but they've rarely been THAT bad.

I can forgive most things, even a smaller instance of that with Obiwan's jetpack in TCW since it was only a few frames, but that was just too much.
>>
File: Junker.jpg (495KB, 1588x976px) Image search: [Google]
Junker.jpg
495KB, 1588x976px
Does anyone else look at Rebels in a comparative way to their campaigns? Honestly, for me it feels like thats the only reason I watch the show.

>Iron Squadron
>three kids and a droid who can't keep a YT-2400 running properly
>can't get a hold of actual explosive ordinance
>dump clouds of cargo containers against enemy ships to mess them up

In comparison to a campaign of either Edge or AoR, none of these seem like problems that would even crop up for a player party.
>ship ordinance? black market contacts + know someone + money = concussion missile launcher\proton torp launcher upgrade for the ship
>busted hyperdrive? hard 3 mechanics check, 1 hours time, and your ready to fly
>hey GM, what kind of damage does a cargo crate do to a Gozanti TIE carrier?
>who cares, our a heavy laser cannons do more damage anyway.

Am I running my games wrong or something?
>>
>>50317650
>Am I running my games wrong or something?

Nope, just remember how much kids don't know about jack shit
>>
>>50317650
Cargo crates presumably full of actual explosives, they blew up pretty good.
>>50317718
The Astromech should have been able to pull that off at least.
>>
>>50317734
They probably programmed it to fix bike tyres and spent whatever money they had on annoying caption t-shirts, chocolate and hardcore Rodian opera
>>
File: 1450824994899.jpg (204KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
1450824994899.jpg
204KB, 960x895px
>>50317734
>Astromech

What if it was an Agromech?
>>
Looking for ideas for an interesting NPC who might teach newbie force sensitives. That isn't Skywalker.
>>
File: Bendu_and_the_blind_man.png (2MB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
Bendu_and_the_blind_man.png
2MB, 1560x878px
>>50318191
>>
>>50317650

Just because the player party can pass a check, doesn't mean that something is doable.

Take the hyperdrive. If it was broken, do they have the parts to fix it on hand? If not, is there anywhere near by that does?

Han Solo and Chewbacca must've been pretty darn good at fixing the Falcon, but even they couldn't fix it in the middle of an asteroid field without parts.

You aren't running your game wrong at all. You can just choose to make a session out of getting what you need for a task, if you so chose.
>>
File: Kkruhktoon.jpg (44KB, 315x249px) Image search: [Google]
Kkruhktoon.jpg
44KB, 315x249px
>>50318191
>>
>>50318191
A old drunk regular at the local cantina. He usually spouts some random garbage about "mystical powers" and "destiny forseen" and such gibberish. The other regulars have gotten used to his jabberings and pays him no heed.

He senses one of the PCs is force sensitive and tries to strike up a conversation in his drunk state
he shakily levitates a glass of whiskey with a note with contact info stuck under it over to the force-sensistive PC if the PCs ignores him
>>
File: 1467573593723.png (237KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467573593723.png
237KB, 600x600px
>>50318474
>>
>>50318191
If you want a dark sider to instigate some inter-part drama and paranoia:

Lady Molish, Clawdite Infiltrator, Dark Side Force User

Shapeshifter, darksider, femme fatale and (literal) heartbreaker, Lady Molish is all that and much more. She uses her force powers along with her natural charm and manipulation skills to influence her victim's minds, diverting their suspicion from her and making them distrust their allies instead.
>>
>>50318509
>>50318474
Good stuff. Got some fun ideas from these.
>>
>>50315439
Bhudda??? They really chose that as the onomatopoeia?
>>
>>50318191
PCs raided a high-end antique broker on the Wheel and took off with a datacron and a holocron. The recently Force-Sensitive PC who schemed the plot ended up with a Baran Do Sage weatherman inside the holocron right before the campaign went on hiatus.
>>
>>50318469
this desu. Don't forget the rice hat for full on ronin
>>
>>50316363

pg 87 of Desparate Allies has all the Base Rules.

Also, Strongholds of Resistance has some of the more famous ones that could be used. Defiant Core is specifically left open for player-caused growth.
>>
File: confused screaming.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
confused screaming.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>50320052
>Look on the PC's faces when you give them a rebel base instead of a freighter
>No longer can they murderhobo across the galaxy
>Running away from consequences

Fairly sure they'd try to lynch me after the first game
>>
>>50309618
nah, man, they print the books in Toronto, then ship them out through the Saint Lawrence Seaway and around the southern tip of South America to the west coast. they don't have to put the books on a ship for that long, but they do anyway because of their commitment to quality. if you don't age a book on a boat for at least a month, it just turns out wrong
>>
>>50320686

Aging good books is a process, just like aging fine wine.
>>
Anyone play Destiny yet? I had some fun with it last night.
>>
>>50304421
It's an ugly ass ship. I'm not gonna be sad if that one never makes it in.
>>
>>50321813
How did it go?
>>
>>50322533
I played the strarter and got my ass handed to me by an upgraded starter that rolled better. Then I played against tuned Padme mill and given that I had 10 less cards in my deck than I was supposed to I got destroyed.

I've mostly figured out a list for UR Villain Storm which is about as cool as it sounds and has the capability however unlikely to deal over 12 damage in the first round.
>>
File: AlanWatts.jpg (35KB, 323x408px) Image search: [Google]
AlanWatts.jpg
35KB, 323x408px
>>50318191
My FaD group had Dooku's second apprentice as their mentor. Basically Alan Watts the Makashi master.
>>
>>50299855
It's pretty fun. Games are quick, and best of three seems to be the best way to play. Then swap decks with your non-imaginary friendos like Lando.

I am dropping out of X-Wing - It's no longer a casual game, regardless of what people say.

I am keeping Armada, as I think it will die next year, so I want to have all the ships before it goes out of production.

Destiny will be a 2 year game, then bloat like X-Wing.

The RPGs would be good if I didn't have to leave my state to play the game with role players.
>>
>>50294671
I goddamned love Silent Hunter.
>>
Where could I find PDFs of Imperial Assault?
>>
>>50324276
I know there's some torrents of the first couple waves of Ally and Villain packs, I doubt there's more given Neuromaniac was the one that did those and he's sort of disappeared since KAT went down. I've seen the Core's Campaign Guide up on various places, shouldn't be hard to find with some googling. Learn to Play and Rules Reference are probably up on the product page on FFG's site.

If you're looking for scans of all the maps/cards though, you're probably not going to find anything. I don't think I've seen that being uploaded anywhere, and Neuromaniac was the only one I saw who had actually intended to do it.
>>
>>50323977
Roll20 isn't bad for Star Wars RPGs. Players are harder to find but are generally pretty good for it. You've got to bust your ass designing maps and keeping them visually stimulated though, since there's one good Sci-Fi or Star Wars-themed art asset for every 100 D&D or Pathfinder assets.
>>
>>50323977
>Destiny will be a 2 year game, then bloat like X-Wing.
At the FFG launch event they said they were planning a 160 card launch every four months, with 24 new characters in each launch. After seeing ten new ships hit X-wing in three months I'm just not in the mood for it. The bloat is real.
>>
File: a good trick.webm (591KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
a good trick.webm
591KB, 1920x800px
Man, we better be getting some T-65 love for FFG's X-Wing soon. I think the question is; New starter box or stand-alone expansion? Partisan colors or Blue(?) Colors?
>>
File: rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg (856KB, 1050x976px) Image search: [Google]
rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg
856KB, 1050x976px
>>50325819
Neither. I choose Bacta War colors.
>>
File: 378366.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
378366.png
2MB, 1440x900px
>>50325831

Favorite Bacta Wars colors?

Gavin's krayt dragon teeth
>>
>>50325831
I like you. We should hang out.
>>
File: char.gif (142KB, 472x640px) Image search: [Google]
char.gif
142KB, 472x640px
>>50325866
I'm a fan of Tycho's Alderaanian Guard colors. Simple, slick, and classy. He's like a heroic Char.
>>
>>50291878
Why did you vomit on yourself?
>>
>>50325870
Did you paint Ooryl's with blacklight paint?
>>
>>50292069
It's perfectly doable. A Gozanti needs ~12 crew to run optimally, and it can be run with less if need me, or with some droids or npcs in the secondary roles.
>>
>Dat YT-2400 in Rebels
Delicious. The YT-2400 is probably my favorite ship in XWM along with the ARC.
>>
File: Mwu La Flaga.gif (5MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Mwu La Flaga.gif
5MB, 500x281px
>>50325920
Tycho strikes me as more of a Mwu than a Char
>>
>>50315239
A tiny speeder bike can apparently jam the comms of scout platoons in what appears to be a kilometer-wide perimeter on Endor. Death Star 2 could jam the sensors of an entire fleet right as it comes out of hyperspace.

The ECM game of Star Wars tech is insane.
>>
>>50292132
>Gozanti

My melanin gifted familial relation
>>
File: 1475776285096.png (214KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475776285096.png
214KB, 500x500px
What would you guys say is the best SWRPG system? Me and some friends wanna play, but we don't know what to choose. Getting the books/PDFs isn't an object, so all I'm concerned about is the quality of each system.
>>
File: iron.jpg (45KB, 1124x632px) Image search: [Google]
iron.jpg
45KB, 1124x632px
>>50326175

That was a funny episode

>YT-2400
>brand spankin' new by this timeline
>a buncha kids and an agromech can't fix it
>rolling junkheap
>>
>>50326497
I've heard the new FFG is pretty good, but I haven't tried it myself. I had a great time with the SWd6 system, but my first experience with it was harmed by having a shit GM. It needed a couple of houserules to do what my group wanted with it, but overall it did the job quite well.

Better than Saga.
>>
>>50326517
I don't think they're following the old ship release timeline
>>
Do any of you like Avatar the Last Airbender? My friends and I have been dying for a tabletop game based in its universe that could evoke the same feelings you get watching the show.

I'm of the opinion that the Fantasy Flight's rules would work really well for the universe and I've been working on a transposition of the core rules into an Avatar-friendly verbiage. I've been working on classes and even 'bending' the mechanics to accurately represent bender abilities.

What are your thoughts? Do you feel the core mechanic (that is, the dice pool) lends itself well to universes that aren't Star Wars?
>>
>>50320052
Has there been a scan or pdf version of that book around?
>>
>>50317650
>>50326517

How the fuck are they even a squadron when they only have a single light freighter?
>>
>>50326834
I think when they were under of the command of Sato's brother, they were a larger unit, like phoenix squadron, but were wiped out and reduced to the single freighter.
>>
File: hey kids it's mark hamill.png (101KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
hey kids it's mark hamill.png
101KB, 333x250px
>>50326811
Well, you've already got Mark Hamill and Force lightning checked on the list, at least.
>>
>>50326868
Believe it or not, it was the Force talent trees that inspired me to finally get to work on overhauling the corebook for the avatar universe. Many of the bending talents you see in the show are going to be their own talent tree, so to speak. So the base ability for water whip, for example, is typical but then can be upgraded as the bender becomes more experienced.
>>
>>50326834
Because they're a bunch of kids who don't even know what a Star Destroyer looks like. They think they're hot shots who can wipe out the Empire. Of course they're gonna call themselves a squad because it sounds cool as fuck.
>>
>>50325664
are you serious? Holy Shit, Batman!
>>
File: delta squad.jpg (38KB, 928x424px) Image search: [Google]
delta squad.jpg
38KB, 928x424px
>>50326834
The same reason Delta "squad" consists of four dudes--writers cannot into standard NATO force org.
>>
>>50326952
Star Wars doesn't do a very good job of sticking to an Order of Battle; Karpyshyn made it sound like the unit that the Sith Army counted units in was *platoons* and nothing higher in the first fifth or so of Darth Bane. It seems like way more effort goes into people paying attention to the fleet actions; ground combat takes a back seat, unfortuantely.

Just the fact that the "squad," thing in the RC TO&E is consistent and can at least make sense is enough for me. I don't expect NATO-tier military organization in my Star Wars--unless I'm GMing a game for my players.
>>
File: the fuck is this.png (738KB, 2132x553px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck is this.png
738KB, 2132x553px
>>50327067
>ground combat takes a back seat, unfortunately
Very unfortunately. Sometimes it's a little mistake like calling a fireteam a squad. Sometimes it's creating abominations like this.
>>
>>50327219
That's one hell of a folding stock
>>
I want to run a clone wars game, and I need suggestions for clone trooper nicknames
>>
>>50327711
>Dogma
>Fiver
>Sever
>Rider
>Melon
>Toss
>Nin
>>
>>50291878
I want to put Mass Effect's species in a Star Wars game I'm running. What changes would you guys suggest to help them work, besides the obvious of them using Star Wars tech instead of ME tech?
>>
>>50327711
you want actual soldier-style nicknames or like the kind from TCW?
>>
I want to run Boba Fett with the following gear-

Fearlessness, Autoblaster, Engine Upgrade, Inertial Dampener.

What's a good crew upgrade for him? What's a good wingman (or plural)?
>>
>>50327711
Lockdown
High Roller
Cheater
Monk
Strider
Hot-shot

those are also my TIE/FO pilot nicknames
>>
>>50327863
What era are you thinking of?
That would change things a bit
The krogan can slot pretty much directly in without any other changes, as can vorcha, volus, elcor and batarians.
The turians would be slightly difficult because of their culture, unless you put them in the unknown regions. Salarians would be mostly fine, but the lack of a council would change them some.
The asari would probably be hardest because they're probably the most nonsensical. You'd certainly have to dump the biotics and probably the melding. The monogendered thing would be pretty weird by star wars standards but not 100% nogo, and the age thing would probably need some adjustments downwards

Quarians would be a bit troublesome, because not being able to settle anywhere because lolcouncil really doesn't make sense in mass effect, let alone the star wars galaxy. Maybe they DID settle but a large portion of the race had wandering too much in the blood and kept at it, only occasionally visiting their new homeworld
>>
>>50327863
Dont do that, thats cringeworthy as fuck.
>>
>>50327711
>Fruity Rudy
>Whopper Junior
>Captain Corellia
>Chopper
>Archer
>Edge
>Grimm
>Iceman
>Maverick
>Maniac
>Vagabond
>>
>>50327711
WHOPPER JUNIOR

WHOPPER JUNIOR

WHOPPER JUNIOR
>>
>>50327960
Almost all of my games take place in either the Old Republic or during the Successor States period in the years immediately after the fall of the Empire, if that helps.

And thanks for the suggestions so far.

>>50327976
How so? For sake of conversation I should specify that I disagree and don't find the idea cringey, but I don't want to just tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>50327711
Three Checks
Nacks
Iffy
Electro
Crack
Sprinter
Cloud
Soggy
>>
>>50328021
Because theyre not star wars races and crossing over for no reason instead of either just making up new races or playing a mass effect game is just bad fanfiction tier. Especially since the entire context of the ME races is unique to the ME universe and porting over them to star wars, a universe much more in depth and full of interesting races just reeks of 12 year old thinking mixing everything together is cool.
>>
>>50328046
Nothing wrong with some cameos, mang. I disagree with your overall sympathies--I don't see how any of their racial tendencies are Mass Effect-specific except for the Asari as described here (>>50327960)--but I can understand the idea that treating it as a simple mash-together without making it feel like a clean cameo can come across as cringey. I'll keep an eye out for it in my game. Maybe not call out the species by name and simply describe them, see if my players catch it.
>>
>>50328110
but why do it in the first place?
>>
>>50328119
Because the idea of a cameo doesn't make me upset in the way it does you? I'm doing it because it's fun. Did the same thing with a few other species from other franchise and my players reacted well. Sophon and Hissho are in my Star Wars continuity, and I hosted a Halloween game involving Chryssalids for them. They had fun with it.

I'm not planning on randomly shoving races in, only ones that fit well. That's why I was asking the opinion of which could be cleanly inserted without me going "meh, might as well make a new race from scratch."
>>
>>50328021
>or during the Successor States period in the years immediately after the fall of the Empire, if that helps.
That era might be interesting for the turians, because them going on a psychotic cock rampage to build a new pocket empire after the empire took their old one away would be very keeping in line with their character. It might also be interesting if in the past they had been important supporters of the rebellion, especially in the navy.
The salarians going full insane after the empire holding them down (and incidentally keeping their more psychotic impulses under control) for an entire lifetime could alao be cool

Also, the krogan could be fun if it was the Old Republic who genophaged them, because they'd kinda be between a rock and a hard place, what with the NR claiming the vision of restoring the old republic, and the empire being the factual successors of the ones who did this to them.
I've also just had an interesting thought: what if the Jedi had stood against the republic on the genophage thing back when it happened, the only ones who did? You could have a very interesting situation with them and the NJO
>>
>>50328154
Aight youve proven youre not an autist like I thought. my bad. Id say salarians look the most star-warsy
>>
>>50328194
>Id say salarians look the most star-warsy
I'd put batarians at a slight edge over them mostly because of how extremely rubber-forehead they look, but the salarians are certainly up there.
Plus the Krogan, who could have as easily come from an old WEG sourcebook as from ME, really
>>
>>50328046
>just reeks of 12 year old thinking mixing everything together is cool.
>tfw when the GM from my favorite campaign is thinking about mixing Star Wars with 40k using Rogue Trader
>>
File: Errant_Venture.jpg (55KB, 588x298px) Image search: [Google]
Errant_Venture.jpg
55KB, 588x298px
>>50328252
>Star Wars Rogue Trader
It's been done.
>>
>>50328172
I appreciate the suggestions, though I'm thinking of having them be a bit more subdued in their implementation (I'm >>50328110 and >>50328154).

I like the idea of the Turians trying to re-establish some kind of state and chafing under the yoke of a Galactic Empire, though in order to make it feel more like my smooth cameo style I'm thinking they won't get more than a couple of systems. That way they can have their fierce independence, but my players won't be randomly going "wait, what? A Turian empire? Why aren't they fucking everything up?"

I like the idea of Salarians competing with Bothans to basically see who could be the better spies, and contributing a great deal to the Rebellion/New Republic because it gives them a chance to show off their chops. But otherwise they don't care that much for expansionism like the Turians would.

I like the idea of the Krogan having to deal with the Old Republic being the ones what Genophaged them during one of their many wars early in their history, maybe keep the whole Krogan/Salarian thing by having it be a Salarian in Republic Intel who headed the project. But it would certainly bring up some interesting scenarios regarding their views on the Jedi, as I agree that the Jedi wouldn't have agreed with the scenario.

I'm thinking that the days of the Empire would see them on the up-swing, as it was decreed in the last decades of the Republic that the Genophage would be fixed, and we're just now seeing the effects of that; having it be a part of their history, a modern issue that is starting to fade, makes it easier for me to implement them in the low-key style that I want to.

Back to >>50327960, I like the idea of Quarians having lost a homeworld because of one of the (many) Sith Empires destroying their planet during an Old Republic war; they simply got used to the Migrant Fleet, and their few colonized worlds are visited rarely because of cultural history as a nomad species.
>>
>>50328256
Nice reference but it's specifically a crossover.
>>
>>50328277
>>50328218
I agree that Batarians look good for it, and honestly don't think I'd need to change them that much. Outer Rim slaver species with a tendency toward piracy and not getting along with others. Boom. Maybe an unofficial trade war against the Trandoshans for their slavery shit.

>>50328194
Thanks, I suppose.

>>50328252
>>50328256
>Star Wars Rogue Trader
I've had characters that were effectively not!Rogue Traders in my game before. Again, it all depends on how you blend it. A family dynasty that is vastly rich and travels all about the Outer Rim in their star cruiser and doing all sorts of deals with shady characters for the sake of personal profit and growth of influence is basically a Rogue Trader situation no matter what franchise it's in. The one my players met basically acted like a mix between Harlock and Arcturus Mengsk, so they had a ton of fun interacting with him.
>>
>>50328277
>'m thinking that the days of the Empire would see them on the up-swing, as it was decreed in the last decades of the Republic that the Genophage would be fixed, and we're just now seeing the effects of that; having it be a part of their history, a modern issue that is starting to fade, makes it easier for me to implement them in the low-key style that I want to.
I feel like having it be completely fixed would A) make them too common and probably an actual galactic scale issue and B) take away a lot of their character.
What about if the OR's 'fix' was half-assed and/or sabotaged, and only made things so that instead of a hundred billion stillborns, it was just hard for the krogan to conceve and litters were much smaller? So they'd still be rare and their grunge with the NR would be more low-key, more "OK, now fix things the rest of the way" rather than "we're gonna get you for this"
>>
>>50328378
It sounds like a healthy mix. Something that adds a bit of cultural precedence for behavior and a potential storyline without it becoming the focus of any story they're involved in because while they're not common anymore, at least they're not endangered.
>>
>>50328378
>>'m thinking that the days of the Empire would see them on the up-swing, as it was decreed in the last decades of the Republic that the Genophage would be fixed, and we're just now seeing the effects of that; having it be a part of their history, a modern issue that is starting to fade, makes it easier for me to implement them in the low-key style that I want to.
>I feel like having it be completely fixed would A) make them too common and probably an actual galactic scale issue and B) take away a lot of their character.
>What about if the OR's 'fix' was half-assed and/or sabotaged, and only made things so that instead of a hundred billion stillborns, it was just hard for the krogan to conceve and litters were much smaller? So they'd still be rare and their grunge with the NR would be more low-key, more "OK, now fix things the rest of the way" rather than "we're gonna get you for this"
I think they'd probably go for lower fertility rather than outright piles of dead babies, a much more elegant solution.
>>
had a FLGS tourny over the weekend and made 3rd out of 13 people. Got pretty hyped about ti since I beat two Dengaroo list (one list the player forgot to toss tokens to dengar and the 2nd player was using the list what seemed like the first time so I luck'd out)

List used was

Patrol leader (decimator)
-Palp
-Fleet officer

Boba fett (firespray)
-Outmaneuver
-Tail gunner
-engine upgrade
-Slave 1 title

99/100

For the most part I made very little errors flying my list ( i made one big mistake that made me lose my only game i feel but nothings perfect)

Reason why I didn't run palp aces or palp defenders? green dice hate me and I hate them
>>
>>50328612

in b4

>blog post

Also what has other people been flying that is against the meta at their stores?
>>
>>50328548
I dunno, I've always figured the genophage was as much a psychological weapon as a biowar thing. Like, if it just reduced fertility, it would not only have been vasty harder to design, but the krogan would probably just have been like "whelp, guess this just means we need to fuck harder" rather than being cowed.
I mean, when you really think about it, something like the genophage would probably have scared even the imperial japs or nazis, it's so psychoticly evil
>>
>>50328681
I'm going to go with it initially being the Genophage as it was in Mass Effect, and having it so that in the last hundred years or so of the Republic activism and an evolving culture allowed for it to be half-assedly fixed so that instead of being endangered and dying out, they'd only be dying out if they themselves didn't have Krogan at home breeding as much as they could. They're rare now, and activism went from "stop this genocide!" to "we've earned being back the way we were!" That way a Krogan doesn't immediately overpower any story he's involved in simply by being an endangered species, but there's still cultural precedence for them having ill feelings toward the burgeoning New Republic.
>>
>>50328725
>They're rare now, and activism went from "stop this genocide!" to "we've earned being back the way we were!" That way a Krogan doesn't immediately overpower any story he's involved in simply by being an endangered species, but there's still cultural precedence for them having ill feelings toward the burgeoning New Republic.
That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Also, just another random thought, but what about the elcor being unusually successful in business and trade mostly on the strength of their perceived absolute honesty and straightforwardness? That'd make a good cameo, kinda anti-hutts

Oh, and since I completely forgot about the drell and hanar, I'd say that they also could drop in with next to no modification
>>
>>50328795
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm writing all of this down. I like the idea of there being an "anti-Hutt," in terms of traders. Maybe have a character lament how rare Elcor are, "as they're one of the only species out there that won't screw you over for a spare credit!"
>>
>>50328795
>>50328882
Those hyper-regenerating short lifespan guys would fit in very well as a Hutt slave species along with the main three.
>>
>>50329438
>hyper-regenerating short lifespan guys
Pardon?
>>
File: IMG_03164747.jpg (546KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_03164747.jpg
546KB, 1306x980px
>>50317650
>Anything in a 2400 other than Dash
>>
Ah, my first moment being anjoyed with YJK really only comes in the last book where Andris and Glitterstim get mixed up. Pretty great track record for an 8 book series.

>>50329454
I don't remember the name, they were in Mass Effect 2 as criminal grunts.
>>
>>50327219
>>50327267
At that point it's more of a monopod.
>>
>>50329677
Ah, the Vorcha. Vicious little fucks, basically rapidly-regenerating goblins in space that can adapt to any environment within a very short time.
>>
File: 1466743437117.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466743437117.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
I'm still fairly new to x-wing, but I'm fucking loving it. (Even though I'm kind of awful - pic related). I started out with tie swarm, now I'm running some awesome rebel lists normally centered around the Arc 170's. Those things are monsters.
>>
>>50330074
>pic

>plan maneuvers
>totally fuck up activation order
>>
>>50330085
More like:

>Go straight 5 with Colonel Vesser
>Try to flip around
>Wait you aren't Countess!
>>
So, me and fellow player in a post TOR era campaign have an idea, and I want to know how viable it is. Our GM has signed off on it.

The campaign is basically "hunt down valkorian horcruxes before the sith do" and is mostly a Jedi campaign - my character is an ex jedi turned smuggler gunslinger, and the other player im in league with is a maverick duros astronavigator - our whole business is charting new hyperspace routes and selling them for money.

Anyway, we have it in mind to find a nice lovely planet (or failing that, a space station), in a rea of unclaimed space between the outer rim and the republic. Afterwards, we set up a Homestead on it, turn that homestead into a starport, and then start a couple businesses there (a cantina, maybe a retailer). All the while, we chart fast hyperspace shortcut routes from this planet as backdoors into all the major territories - hutt space, sith space, republic space, etc. We expand the place into a shadow port, a place for spacers and deal brokers to come, mingle, setup shop, make deals, transfer cargo, etc - all while we get a small percentage cut of any deal made, any business profit earned.

Keep expanding it into a city, maybe.

What do you guys think?
>>
So B-wings, how do y'all run them
>>
File: 1408598837878.jpg (32KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1408598837878.jpg
32KB, 500x384px
>>50331470

>AoR campaign
>new player joins at mid point in the campaign
>makes a starfighter pilot character - campaign has been centered on the crew of a CR90
>player gets a bit mopey because no starfighters to fly
>decide to throw him a bone
>player party is trying to capture an imperial agent on tatooine - with the help of a scrappy rebel cell
>cell's best pilot has a beloved B-Wing prototype, its literally his waifu
>starfighter pilot character races him in swoop bikes through beggars canyon, and barely wins
>gets to fly the beloved B-Wing
>decides to use it during the assault on a warehouse being ued as the ISB agents hq - its also swarming with slavers
>everyone decides to infiltrate, set up - pilot decides to fly high cover in the B-Wing just in case
>ends up strafing the ground, rolls well enough to vaporize three out of the four squads of slaver minions.
>actually manages to save the day because the player party was getting cut to ribbons by a nemesis class barabel badass with a disruptor rifle
>return fire from the ISB agents YZ-775 ends up crippling the B-Wing
>pilot character gets in a fist fight (draw) with the B-Wings owner.

Only time a B-Wing has ever been in my games
>>
>>50325819
Rebel veterans, but the big question is what else will come with it
>>
>>50331620
It should probably include an E-wing, a Z-95, or a Y-wing. The E really needs upgrades that make non-Corran pilots worthwhile. Zs and Ys could just do with more named pilot variety.
>>
What is the best starfighter in FFG Star Wars and why is it the Heavy 95
>>
File: 1397862094336.jpg (2MB, 3960x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1397862094336.jpg
2MB, 3960x2160px
>>50331764
you might as well go full X-Wing at that point.
>>
>>50328378
I think fixing them to an "Average" fertility rate would probably satisfy most of them, especially if it's been quite a long time that they've suffered under the stillborn curse.
>>
Another day, another no X-Wing Preview
>>
>>50333639
I mean, that's kinda what I was imagining. But what's average to pretty much everyone else is horrifically low to the krogan, remember
>>
>>50327863
>>
>>50335532
Yeah, but at least the smarter ones would realize "Yeah, that sort of population growth just puts us into starvation all the time and makes life hell." So I don't think there would be TOO much rabble-rousing.
>>
>>50336104
>smarter ones
>krogan
Might as well as a Hutt to give up his wealth to charity.
>>
>>50336136
The Hutt probably bought out the charity beforehand and turned it into a money laundering scheme to assist the rest of his personal crime network.
>>
Dear /swg/, help me. I'm DMing EotE for the first time and i have 2 force sensitive pc. One is like wannabe jedi: pacifist, no kills untill he gets hurt, full light side paragon. The other one is merc, who had no idea he is force sensitive, full agression, killings, massacare. Player said, he wanted to be a dark side force usrr. The question is: how do i handle their progression in terms of holocrons? Do i give them 1, so they can study basics and the try to tempt one to the dark side? Or give each player a holocron?
>>
>>50336409
Stick with the one holocron. As for the dark side player just let them fall, they don't need tempting.
>>
>>50336447
The thing is, i want to give him some sort of dark side master, like the sith holocron from the rebels. The one Ezra got.
>>
>>50336409
>>50336487
I mean, you're going to have to put the darksider down at some point, so why give him extra power and make the situation more difficult than it has to be?
>>
>>50336590
>you're going to have to put the darksider down
Does he, though? This sounds like a situation for PVP to me. Either that or one of the characters just leaves. There's no way to keep a party together with what we're hearing.
>>
>>50336487
Visions or a force ghost visiting him perhaps? The holocron is damned pricey and it being physical could prompt direct conflict from other players either because it's visibly dark side as balls or simply because they can sell it on and still have a force user. An entity that only the dark side player can see means that the party can't directly intervene with his fall (even though they should sure as hell want to) and also means you can mess about with him at any time, particularly when his passions are flaring up.
>>
File: star wars firing line.webm (2MB, 854x396px) Image search: [Google]
star wars firing line.webm
2MB, 854x396px
>>50291878
I like how tracers look like blaster bolts.
>>
File: reb_ca_1891_366c87a3.jpg (178KB, 1280x765px) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_1891_366c87a3.jpg
178KB, 1280x765px
Ship concept art delivery!
>>
File: reb_ca_1885_84529f42.jpg (136KB, 1280x670px) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_1885_84529f42.jpg
136KB, 1280x670px
>>50336990
>>
File: reb_ca_2032_4d4e210d.jpg (124KB, 1280x567px) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_2032_4d4e210d.jpg
124KB, 1280x567px
>>50337010
Bonus
>>
>>50337026
>Thrawn
wait is he returning to canon

>paintjob
Very unlike the Imperials.
>>
>>50337148
>wait is he returning to canon
Yep. He's in Rebels and Timothy Zahn himself is writing the upcoming nucanon Thrawn novel.
>>
>>50337026

Shit. I'm gonna steal some of that idea. Do we know what that decal/name of the Destroyer is?
>>
>>50337026
>>50337324
Dunno but that creature on the decal does look very chimera-like
>>
>>50337448
>Chimaera
I see possible snakes but no goats or lions.
>>
File: ART.png (511KB, 1212x676px) Image search: [Google]
ART.png
511KB, 1212x676px
>>50337519
Looks more like a Gorgon

>>50337148
He's been back as of this season of Rebels
>>
File: 1461521711282.png (197KB, 243x282px) Image search: [Google]
1461521711282.png
197KB, 243x282px
>>50337684
>Dat pic
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>50327889
K4 security droid, Zuckus, 4-LOM or Tail Gunner
Dengar might be redundant, but rerolling everything could be hilarious.
Though to be honest, you might want to try Kath Scarlet instead of Fett. If she gets a shot in her auxiliary arc at range 1, she rolls 5 dice, adds a hit thanks to Fearlessness and the opponent rolls one fewer die thanks to Tail Gunner. It's only good for casual games
>>
>>50338359
Looks like it's up to you
>>
>>50329527
your room looks so disgusting that i can smell it from here
>>
>>50340014
>>50337026
>>50337026
New thread.
>>
>>50340060
Better

>>50340014
>>50340014
>>50340014
NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.