[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Star Wars General: Pulp edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 70

File: latest-53.jpg (85KB, 315x519px) Image search: [Google]
latest-53.jpg
85KB, 315x519px
>>50192559
>>50192559
Star Wars, anyway.
>Previous Thread: >>50155442 → →
>Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
>Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0
>Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
>Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk
>Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
>Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin
>All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ
>Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media
>The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
>Writefaggotry
>>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
>Shipfag's hangar
>>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>HoTAC
>>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Mobile may have fucked the formatting
>>
File: latest_24_.jpg (131KB, 800x589px) Image search: [Google]
latest_24_.jpg
131KB, 800x589px
I just finished the Lando trilogy and it was really grand.

I forgot how fucking HUGE Vuufi'Raa's species was. An entire race of sapient spheroids each nearly half the size of the first deathstar.
>>
I really like how D&D 5e plays.

Which SW game would I like most?
>>
>>50239523

> it requires a hivemind team of ultraspecialized autists to actually succeed at 'average' difficulty checks.

Wat?

2 green vs 2 blue (untrained skill and average stat vs average difficulty) is 43% chance to succeed, which is about on par for something you're completely untrained in with no natural aptitude for: http://game2.ca/eote/?montecarlo=100000#ability=2&difficulty=2

Want to do better? Spend 5 fucking XP to get a rank in that skill. Congrats, you're up to 50% already: http://game2.ca/eote/?montecarlo=100000#proficiency=1&ability=1&difficulty=2

Decently trained with no aptitude? 56%. Untrained, but slight aptitude? 60%.

The numbers only go up from there. You're talking out your fucking ass.
>>
>>50253355
What's decently trained with aptitude?
>>
>>50253335
Try out FFG, if not go d6 or Saga
>>
>>50253355
I'm new to this system, but it looks pretty awful.

Can't we just have a SW system more similar to 5e?
>>
>>50253335
well Saga is d20, so if d20 is your flavor of choice it will be pretty comfy and there are a metric shit ton of splats and setting books. However the balance, especially between jedi and non-jedi classes is really wonky. Force powers are ridiculously effective and with the right talents a jedi master can basically use use the force for both that and to skill monkey on tons of checks.

I have no doubt you will probably enjoy Saga since I got a lot of fun out of it, but I'd definitely suggest at least taking a look at the Fantasy Flight games. The balance is light years better, there's tons of stuff for combat and noncombat people to do and feel relevant, and the dice while at first seeming like a way to just take your money actually provide a ton of interesting ways to make checks more complex than just win or lose. Once I started I've been loving it and never looked back for a second

tl;dr: Saga is d20, so if you like d20 you will probably like Saga, but it has a ton of balance problems. Give FFG a chance
>>
>>50253525
2 ranks in a skill and 3 in an attribute give you 70%.
>>
>>50253565
>more similar to 5e
>specifically 5e

ok before you just seemed like an innocent anon who likes DND but this has got to be bait
>>
>>50253592
What? Why? 5e is so streamlined and smooth.

According to posts like:
>>50253571
it seems like success is based on percentages anyway. Just use a d20.
>>
>>50253626
The moron I initially quoted was talking about base chance of success. You also have triumphs, despairs, threat, and advantage.
>>
File: 1437520330132.jpg (172KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1437520330132.jpg
172KB, 600x450px
>>50253626
Almost every RPG game ever is based on percentages
>>
>>50253565
For a while I was working on a homebrew for 5E to turn it into star wars. Never got around to testing anything and some of the stuff I'd made I was a bit unsure of, but it actually translates really fucking well.

Stuff like the Monk's missile deflection translates well into blaster deflecting, you can represent different lightsaber styles and force abilities with the Warlock's Invocation sort of mechanics.

Although I will admit one of my favourite mechanics I made for it was for the Bounty Hunter subclass that warriors could get. It worked like a combination of Hunter Mark and Maneuver dice to give the bounty hunter a bit of versatility, but if they were focusing only on a single target they could do incredibly effective things.
>>
>>50253659
Sounds like you can just replace those with advantage and disadvantage like 5e
>>
>>50253691
What?
>>
>>50253743
What?
>>
>>50253691

Sounds like you can keep talking out of your ass.
>>
>>50253768
Do- Do you understand how the FFG game works?
>>
>>50253691
It's absolutely nothing alike.

In FFG star wars you get a pool of dice and roll them, compare results and cancel out opposing factors. From this you have different outcomes rather than simple success/fail which is what 5E's dice rolling system provides.

For example, nothing in 5E allows for a dice roll where the player has dramatically achieved (lots of success, and a triumphant success) but at the same time suffered a pretty dramatic setback (two or more setback outcomes). In 5E you either succeed or fail, maybe to different degrees depending on how well you rolled, but in this it's possible to succeed in interrogating the captive you're talking to, but at the same time slip up and give them a piece of information about who you really work for.
>>
>>50253801
Sounds like a complicated process.
>I roll to attack
>Okay, let's add up your dice...roll..add up results...add opponents dice...subtract results... consult this table to find out what happens...

Where as in 5e:
>I attack
>Okay I rolled a 15
>You hit
>>
>>50253850
Well yeah, it is more complicated. It's a trade off between the scope of a roll and the time taken for it. FFG's star wars dice rolling system is more complex but encompasses a larger 'chunk' of the dramatic event. For example when using it for combat you don't then roll for damage, you roll once which determines if you hit and if so how much damage.

All RPGs have to choose how large of a scope your individial actions are and from there allocate time taken to resolve it. It's personal choice what you prefer, but D&D's system is far from the only option.
>>
>>50253850
Two can play this game anon.

>I attack
>I roll a 15
>Okay, let me just see how much AC this character has, compare results...

FFG:
>I roll to attack.
>Okay, roll.
>I got 1 Sucess, 2 disadvantage, 1 Advantage.
>Okay, you pass, but I'm going to spend a a disadvantage to give you a setback die on your next roll.
>>
>>50253850
If my experience with D&D doesn't fail me, it's more akin to:

>I attack
>I roll a 15
>With my STR giving a +2, that's 17
>But Cleric buff adds another+1
>Wait, is the Wizard buff still active?
>What do you mean the enemy's flanking me and has high ground advantage?
>What do you mean last fight's poison still affects me?
>Did I hit anyway? Oh, good.
>I try and grapple this time
>>
>>50254032
Not that anon but to be far 5E simplifies most of that shit out. Either something gives one side advantage or it doesn't, far less granular.

But having said that the strength of FF-SW's dice system is its granular results. There's more scope for outcomes when it's not just pass/fail, but instead triumphant success/success/success with threat/failure with advantage/failure/dramatic failure.
>>
>>50254032
Clearly you're talking about 3e, not 5e.
>>
>>50253850

And then when you roll a 15 and it misses, fucking nothing happens.

But flat canceled rolls are uncommon in FFG, so perhaps you failed, but with advantages showing, so you can miss, but maybe you make an opening for an ally, or you set back the opponent, or you can get a maneuver action from it. Or maybe you failed with Threat or Despair showing, so you fail really badly in a way that means you might expose yourself to danger or generate some new unforeseen complication you must deal with.
>>
>>50253850
It is initially but after you and your players know how to quickly analyze and interpret the dice it picks up pretty quick.
>>
>>50254062
5e still has a lot of modifiers though. Like your 15 is going to have at least 1 number added to it, which can change. Plus you have damage which is a separate roll with its own modifiers. DND is heavier on mental math, while FFG is heavier on interpreting results.
>>
>>50254658
That seems a pretty fair interpretation. 5E's numbers are usually pretty easy though, generally just "1d20 + applicable stat bonus + proficiency (sometimes) + occasional spell bonus'".

I'll admit I've looked at the FFGSW games but never properly played one. It always reads awkwardly to me having not yet memorised the dice value. I kind of wish it was something other than abstract symbols, like just a stylised S for success and a T for threat, rather than whatever the fuck those symbols are. I am keen to give it a go at some point though.
>>
File: Vuffi_Raa.jpg (278KB, 836x1505px) Image search: [Google]
Vuffi_Raa.jpg
278KB, 836x1505px
>>50253206
Vuffi Raa crew card when?
>>
Reading behind Enemy lines because at least it's Allston even if it's Vong. Goddamn I forgot how OP dovin Basals and rockplasma bushit was.
>>
>>50255375
I remember that duology being my favorite part of the entire Vong series. Something about Wedge bringing back old styles of warfare to beat ass was so enjoyable.
>>
File: symbols-and-dice.png (323KB, 500x609px) Image search: [Google]
symbols-and-dice.png
323KB, 500x609px
>>50253801
>>50253850
Its not that bad really
>>
1. Has anyone read Catalyst yet?
2. Is it worth the 20-30 dollars?
>>
>>50256807
I just grabbed the epub off of the MEGA. Only read one chapter so I can't really say. Usually if I like the book I'll buy it later on.
>>
Is the catalyst audiobook out yet?
>>
So I'm new to tabletop wargames but my friend has a little experience from Warhammer. We both enjoy X-Wing but he rocks the most wanted pack and switches between missile headhunters and a scum Y-Wing. With either TIE FOs or the the T-70 I get peppered or blasted to bits. Share some tactics or low point T70 or FO builds please... Or at least some sympathy. I don't get my Defenders for another 10 days at min.
>>
>>50253355
It's entirely likely that thst anon was talking about what his mongoloid GM thinks is the right amountvof difficulty for "average"
>>
>>50256807
I'm 8 chapters in and I really like it! Galen and Krennic are really cool characters so far. Also nice continuity digging Luceno is known for.
>>
>>50257136
Omega Leader with Juke and a Comm Relay is an amazing 1v1 ship.
>>
Can someone explain me, how players should deal with 10 soak, listed in nemesis stats? It looks like you need rifles or heavy blasters to kill.
>>
File: 1476492946040.jpg (146KB, 609x397px) Image search: [Google]
1476492946040.jpg
146KB, 609x397px
>>50258594
If your PCs aren't rucking enough firepower to level a city block, they're doing it wrong.
>>
File: RotJ.png (3MB, 1920x857px) Image search: [Google]
RotJ.png
3MB, 1920x857px
>>50255226
>It always reads awkwardly to me having not yet memorised the dice value.

A lot of my group use the dice-app, (some of them use the dice) but at least the app gives you a reference of your total, cancels out ad-dis, success-failure, adds in any Triumph or Despair etc.
Handy if you just need a quick result and some of the more dim/hungover amongst us don't spend ages buggering around trying to figure out what does what.

There's a lot to like about the FFG system in my opinion, mostly in that it does have some great (vital!) roles for technical and medical careers, you really do need someone that can talk to other people and the talky careers are quite a lot of fun in that you can verbally beat up people for 'poor life choices' and make them cry.
Its a good, decently rounded and modern rpg mechanic that for all the quirks of special dice, actually has provision for "roleplaying" and ad-lib with the dice results seems to add just that little bit more interest rather than being complicated. Players like it because they can build up complex characters over time, as a GM I love it because I can offload a lot onto players to push the game in directions they want to look at and the characters themselves are still very much street-level, for lack of a better description. 20 stormies getting shooty are still scary at 1000xp as they where at 100xp, so I can ad hoc in more random events without it feeling staged or too forced.

With D20 systems, characters end up super powerful by around the 8-10th level, so you end up with all kinds of problems actually trying to challenge them. Literally can spend days in prep making encounters, statting shit up and I simply do not have the time or inclination to do that. Instead I can spend that time thinking up interesting twists to stories, someone can email me 'what I want to do...' and I'll work on that. Prep is literally a couple of hours now and not just making up another tough as fuck set of opponents
>>
>>50255978
"We gave them New Republic tactics, didn't work. We gave them Rebel Alliance tactics with similar results. I'm thinking the Vong are ready for the Empire."
>>
>>50258594
Anything with breach will make it gone completely, vehicle weapons will turn anything living into atomised particles and high explosives will sort most shit out.

Even just an ordinary heavy blaster pistol Dam8 or blaster rifle Dam9, get 3-4 success and it'll be getting through.
>>
>>50253565
This has to be bait.
>>
>>50253626
Ffg star wars is incredibly easy to play. Anyone who has problems with it is probably legitimately retarded.
>>
My main beef with FFG's RPGs is how they've more or less completely balanced their equipment and ESPECIALLY modification rules around cash cost and nothing else, which is a fucking terrible idea
>>
>>50259554
>they've more or less completely balanced their equipment and ESPECIALLY modification rules around cash cost and nothing else

have you forgotten about rarity?
>>
>>50258594
what the hell has 10 soak? a rancor?
>>
>>50259588
The problem being that there are some cheap talents that let you effectively ignore rarity for more money, and a lot of the cheesiest shit isn't really that rare anyhow
>>
>>50259554
>>50259588
>>50259642
And weight. A lot around weight. Also the "Swarm ed by the police" effect of disruptors.
>>
>>50255280
He piloted more than crewed. "Cannot fire main arc unless there is at least one crew"
>>
File: Doomgiver4.jpg (27KB, 569x337px) Image search: [Google]
Doomgiver4.jpg
27KB, 569x337px
Okay, to reconcile Rogue Squadron being impressed by the Doomgiver and the size of the drop pods would it be fair to assume that each of the external pods is more like a drop-pod cluster bomb?
>>
File: Han herding Nerfs.jpg (269KB, 1024x889px) Image search: [Google]
Han herding Nerfs.jpg
269KB, 1024x889px
And people say the OLD EU gave shit too much backstory.

Old EU Nerf herders were people that herded foul smelling animals from Alderaan, thus the culturally relevant insult from Leia.

New EU HAN LITERALLY HERDED NERFS
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh8sTR2b4zI

Anyone know how soon this game releases?
>>
>>50260012
That's not a game. Some studios have been putting together 3d trailers for movies you can look around in. Apparently Rogue One got one.
>>
File: ace combat next 10 years.jpg (158KB, 1196x1584px) Image search: [Google]
ace combat next 10 years.jpg
158KB, 1196x1584px
>>50259991
I remember that Firefly episode.

>>50260060
>That's not a game.
I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, I should feel cock-blocked. On the other, I'm glad that I don't have to see DICE or Bioware tainting the concept of a next-gen Star Wars flight sim.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (47KB, 333x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
47KB, 333x200px
>>50260060
>That's not a game
>>
>>50260127
I mean, if there was a way to convince Disney that Project Aces was the right developer for the job, I'd sign that petition.
>>
>>50259991
on one hand, that certainly is retarded, but on the other, it's funny as shit
>>
File: capture_799_16112016_014545.jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
capture_799_16112016_014545.jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dubrillion_superlaser_facility

"Build superlaser upgrade to planetary defense turbolaser on possible extragalactic invasion route and then decide to use it to trap the rebels"

Yup, Sheev SURE had his shit in order about being ready for the Vong to crash his party. Perfect priorities that man.
>>
>>50260151
EA has a decade-long exclusivity contract with Disney. If profits remain positive, we may also see a contract extension. Shame, since the only people in the industry who can be trusted to do it well are Project Aces and Chris Roberts. And so far, I don't think Star Citizen looks too promising.
>>
>>50260127
>>50260138
look on the bright side. That's meant to showcase and get people excited for Rogue One, and that trailer was pretty dark. Its got a decent tone to it as well. The more advertising I see for the movie that seems well put together and focused on a dark tone, the more exciting it gets.
>>
File: Doomgiver2.jpg (42KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
Doomgiver2.jpg
42KB, 400x224px
>>50259907
Probably, the doomgiver is about as long as an ISD, that puts those pods on order of 20-50 meters wide
>>
File: FlightAcademy-TCGRfT.jpg (78KB, 1200x865px) Image search: [Google]
FlightAcademy-TCGRfT.jpg
78KB, 1200x865px
So how do I go about doing xwm flight school with a friend? He's new and I'm a pretty shit teacher. He didn't really take to the rule book either. I'm planning on starting with spreading a bunch of asteroids out and practicing flying through them with him, followed by chasing an interceptor I'll fly around.
>>
>>50260305
If he won't read a rulebook like a fucking normal human being try getting him to watch it being played on YouTube, he'll pick it up there.

The rule books have a few introductory missions involving a single X-wing and two TIE fighters. Play those. Flying an obstacle course might turn him off the game for life.
>>
>>50260380
Right, got it.
>>
File: urban 2.jpg (192KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
urban 2.jpg
192KB, 800x800px
>>50259554
My guys learned pretty quick, all your eggs into the magic problem solver gun (or armour) usually just means at some point, they're going to get broken and in some cases destroyed.
>They will pout of course
But the same rule applies to the enemy who can have their stuff busted too

(if they have too much stuff- remove some of it!)

Plus depending on where you are in the galaxy, toting around their Megafukka 2000 in powered armour- just isn't allowed. It doesn't mean you can't, but if they insist on being loud and noisy all the time, I'm just gunna tread on them with a scout walker or send in a gunship as an escalation when they kill 50 cops or a platoon of stormtroopers.
>>
Lando grabbed him by the collar of his tunic and dragged him close. The trooper had to be younger than twenty, despite his apparent poise. “Listen to me, bantha fodder,” Lando said. “I blew up a Death Star before you were born. In twenty seconds I can conclude a conversation with General Antilles, who blew up that Death Star with me, and I’ll be General Calrissian again, and and you’ll spend the rest of your military career cleaning refreshers on Kessel. Or you can dig. Which is it?”
>>
>>50260184
Yeah, but EA+Disney is the kind of deal that gets headlines, and bottom lines, but not worth-while results. I mean, we all knew what that was the second it was made public, but still.
>>
>>50260448
That's from behind enemy lines, isn't it? I loved Lando's depiction in that.
>>
>>50260448
>>50260629
Yup, just started reading it. It's okay for the era it's set in.
>>
>>50260667
Or rather, it's excellent for the era that it is set in, making it at LEAST okay.
>>
>“Good.” Wedge sighed and lowered his voice. “Tycho, we’re about to achieve a tremendous victory we don’t want.”
>Tycho gave him a thin smile. “We’ll put that in your biography. General Antilles was so good he couldn’t fail when he tried to.”
>“Thanks.”
God I miss Allston, the man was a treasure.
>>
File: 1468597285639.jpg (36KB, 392x413px) Image search: [Google]
1468597285639.jpg
36KB, 392x413px
>>50261027
>"If you continue to map the Unknown Regions, you'll have to call them something else."
>>
File: 516.jpg (48KB, 483x516px) Image search: [Google]
516.jpg
48KB, 483x516px
>>50261027
Wait a second. Allston invented EXPLODING KNEES SABER ARMOR MAN in Behind Enemy Lines didn't he? The glorious cheeky bugger.
>>
So the Vong took Coruscant by CRASHING SHIPS FULL OF CAPTIVES INTO THE PLANETARY SHIELD till someone got soft hearted and turned off the shields?

God they're so fucking edgy.
>>
>>50259907
I do believe they were able to cram multiple AT-ST's into those pods.
>>
>>50261175
Four each, plus troops and turrets, but the math's been done, if those are not cluster pods that ship is TINY for an imperial capital ship.
>>
>>50261175
Fuckberries, forgot to remove my name from a previous thread. My apologies.
>>
>>50261138
I'm almost certain someone told him he had to put hints about darth knee sabers into the book for later, which is why it almost feels like a parody. Such a weird section of the story.
>>
>Luke set down his backpack. From within it he drew a short-hafted heavy hammer. “Behold,” he told Tahiri, “the favorite weapon of Jedi before the invention of the lightsaber.”
>She frowned at him, green eyes confused beneath her bangs. “You’re kidding.”
>“Of course I’m kidding. C’mon. The Jedi sledgehammer?” Grinning, he turned to his wife. “Mara?”
More Allston goodness.
>>
>>50261311
I thought his whole plotline got resolved in the two Allston books alone?
>>
If you could save one, and only one character from whatever miserable fate they met, nucanon or legends, who would it be?
>>
>>50258920
I dont say FFGs system shit. I get why people like it.

But isnt that a rather more complicated way of how d6 used the exploding die?

On a 1 on your exploding die you get three possibilities:

-you lose exploding die and your hightest die(boring)
-you get a setback(ilke ffg)
-fuck me, i forgot the third one
>>
>>50258920
I made a dice roller for Discord, and it does exactly that, roll what you want, and give you final results. "Ok roll me Cool, average difficulty" "!roll PAADD" "You got 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 triumph"

Haven't tested it in a real game yet though, but results do work (and can even include 'full' results, rather than just the sums at the end)
>>
File: Banking clan out!.jpg (92KB, 600x647px) Image search: [Google]
Banking clan out!.jpg
92KB, 600x647px
>>50261613
Wild die system was still kind of a numerical possibility,
On a 1 on the WD, you'd lose the 1+ your highest other roll, on a 6 you'd roll again and +add the result, roll another 6= keep rolling until you no longer roll a 6 and you've got a final number
That's it.

In 2nd ed D6 there was the option for the GM to add a 'Complication', but it was very ad-lib with regards to the depth of shit the player's just managed to find themselves in. Whereas in FFG there's sort of a measuring stick of 'you are this deep'.
So if you get for example, 2 threat; I can just add a boost to the enemies next attack or negotiation check, drop a point of speed off your spaceship or a bit of system strain.
But if you managed to get a Despair and 2 threat, I can add in all the above and maybe the other side has called in reinforcements, you get some info which is patently wrong and will waste time, get sold a lemon or something on your spaceship just stopped working.

On the flip side, you can also do a 'bit better than average' all the way through to spectacularly well with enough advantage or a triumph

D6 does the job fairly well for an old game system and it captured a bit of the SW feel of the time, I much preferred it over any of the D20 systems but the wheels can fall off with enough xp and stuff gets silly.
FFG has some issues which seem to be fine to work out with some basic house rules, mostly the vehicles. Not perfect, but pretty good.

>>50261750
Yeah if you don't feel like getting the app there's a few others out there that do the job, I don't play online so I've not really looked at them.
>>
>>50261894
Some folks asked for one, and I figured might as well give it a shot. And since getting an IRL campaign is a pain in the ass here, I'll end up using it too so hey
>>
File: swg.jpg (228KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
swg.jpg
228KB, 640x470px
>>50261956
Yeah, gunna be a while before I can run anything again with a dark side child that thinks 3am is a great time to get up and let everyone know about it
They're also expensive little buggers.
>>
>>50261894
I'm not that familiar with the system, so all that sounds rather complicated. But to sum things up you get more tiers of succes/failure and guidelines how that can be fleshed out?

My problem with all this is: how do you come up with all that shit? I see myself running out of creative complications after the first session.

Thats why "add a complication if you like, otherwise take away two dice" seems like a more feasable way to solve this.
>>
Is it true that the FFG system works much better with improvisation and working with the spirit of the dice mechanic as opposed to sticking strictly with the rulebook?
>>
File: machete-space-656.jpg (41KB, 656x369px) Image search: [Google]
machete-space-656.jpg
41KB, 656x369px
>>50262253
Load share onto the players, they deal with all the good things that can happen on a dice roll- with some arbitration from me if they want a bit too much value for the successes/triumphs
I deal with all the not-great and terrible things that can happen along the way.
Generally if its going to be funny, push the campaign along and not bog things down too much is mostly the best way to arbitrate things unless they're going to go for something high risk and then accordingly that's going to have a much larger impact on any consequences.

As-
>>50262253
>improvisation and working with the spirit of the dice mechanic as opposed to sticking strictly with the rulebook?

Will see you some value, there's rules, they work, but they don't work for everyone. So in that sense you tailor it to what will be entertaining for the group, take a leaf out of the old edition Vampire books and also put yourself in the place of being the story teller who has an overarching set of 3 parts to their adventure.
>Introduce the players to each other, get to know the world they're in
>They will have plans, foiled by the enemy, chase them up a tree and throw rocks at them so they get all personal over it
>Resolution of the campaign, success, failure and hopefully memorable

Along the way if there's a particular set of events (don't hinge everything on a single dice roll) which start derailing things, then you might need to go a bit easy mode until they're back up to strength. Likewise if they're getting off too easy, hit em hard, break guns, steal their ship, people talking shit about them etc so the challenge is set and they get a feeling of earning what they have and achieve.

Tactile' is about the only way of really describing it, you do need to have a feel for your players, what their characters want to do, what those characters are capable of and to some extent what they enjoy: exploring, trading, action, roleplaying, being rebels etc
>>
>>50262764
>As-
>>50262277
Meant to quote that post ref, oops

Anyway, one final thing before I scavenge 2-3 hours sleep... is to break down a mentality of 'Us vs the GM'
That's sort of a traditional perspective that comes from a lot of the older RPG's which came from a background of mini's combat or the like, it doesn't really suit the SW rpg so much as you shouldn't be in competition with your players and vis-versa, them against you to outdo each other as a "way to win"

If you can get them onside to be part of the story, invest themselves in the story, then you'll tend to find it keeps things to a manageable level of chaos
>>
>>50262819
That's how I like to run RPGs anyway, and it's why I'm excited to try the FFG system.
>>
So which EU book or series do you guys enjoy the most? Jedi Academy is what im on right now and im loving it.
>>
>>50263032
the entire X-Wing series is absolute gold.

YJK for dat nostalgia and bad puns

Republic Commando/501/Imperial Commando series because I'm a filthy deviant who likes Traviss' Clone Wars stuff
>>
>>50263842
X wing is aight. Last one i read was Wraith Squadron.
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239KB, 700x1147px
>>50263032
Here's the obligatory /swg/ Jedi Prince recommendation.
>>
>>50263910
Wasnt that book garbage?
>>
>>50264105
I honestly enjoyed it. It's basically a classic Saturday Disney Cartoon, set in that galaxy far, far away.
>>
File: mofference.jpg (390KB, 1120x736px) Image search: [Google]
mofference.jpg
390KB, 1120x736px
>>50264105
The anon asked for series that we enjoy. It was entertaining in the same way that the Room, Ninja Slayer, Inferno Cop, and Jeb Bush were entertaining.
>>
>>50264170
Your right i did ask what you enjoy not so i guess if thats your thing thats your thing.
>>
I'm getting into Imperial Assault with some friends. We've played the campaign a few times but never tried skirmish.

Are General Weiss or AT-STs in general worth a shit? I want to play a big stompy walker.
>>
>I moved all the Legends books to the "Not canon" section
>>
>>50264698
>I moved all the nuCanon books to the" thrash can" section
>>
What would be a good first mission for getting everyone used to how AoR plays?
Also, how do you usually handle requisitioned gear for individual missions?
>>
>>50264796
Doesn't each core book come with a quick intro scenario?
>>
File: 1471570255323.png (100KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
1471570255323.png
100KB, 257x368px
>>50263910
>>50264105
>>50264149
>>50264170
>>50264207
>>
>>50264796
>Also, how do you usually handle requisitioned gear for individual missions?
That really depends on a lot of factors. Requested gear most importantly needs to be mission relevant, no quartermaster is gonna grant a request for 200lbs of detonite for what is supposed to be a simple stakeout. Experience and rank also matter, a request from a elite spec ops unit carries a lot more weight than a request from a bunch of rookie jackoffs. Having connections like high ranking friends or other people that can grease the wheels should help too. Of course, no amount of smooth talking or calling in favors can get you what you want if it simply isn't there at all. Not all rebel bases are gonna have the same stuff on hand and sometimes shipping that shit over is just not an option.
>>
>>50265785
Also, try to curb gear hoarding. PCs are inclined to hang on to every little gizmo and gun they can get their hands on and they can quickly amass an impressive stockpile of stuff they may never use again or ever at all. Requisitioned gear is Alliance property and is expected to be returned to the quartermaster upon completion of the mission, other teams may need to use that gear and the PCs shouldn't be allowed to hog it. How they treat requisitioned gear should also factor into how future requisitions are dealt with.
>>
>>50266123
Another good trick for if they're hoarding non-alliance gear (as PCs tend to do), is for the alliance quartermaster to tell them they can have X thing they want, BUT they need one of the bits the PCs have accumulated for another team's mission
>>
>>50266261

Definitely this. If the rebels make off with a big box o' blasters or something, command probably isn't going to let them just stuff it in the back corner of their hold from now to the end of time, not while there's disenfranchised citizens to arm.
>>
>>50264796

Maybe a routine supply run with a contact, when suddenly LOCAL SECURITY PATROL? At which point the PCs bluff, sneak, or fight their way past.
>>
>>50263032
Thrawn Trilogy has that classic Star Wars feel.

X-Wing (the novels AND the comics) are gold, as previously stated.

Han Solo Adventures and Lando Calrissian Adventures if you like 70s-80s era pulp.

Courtship of Princess Leia if you love big sweeping romance and crazy Force witches riding on rancors.

Jedi Academy trilogy is a lot of fun until Champions of the Force stumbles the landing.

>>50264105
Yes. Its also fucking nuts. Read it.

>>50261610
There's honestly so many, but probably General Veers. He gets demoted to Colonel for some stupid reason and gets killed off in Dark Empire without so much as an acknowledgment that it was the same Veers from ESB.

Funnily enough, I really like the NuCanon change that has General Tagge surviving A New Hope.
>>
>>50261610
Nucanon Wedge. Nobody deserves to be written by Chuck Wendig.
>>
>>50266697
Gotta link on Courtship of Lei anywhere my friend?
>>
File: The Courtship of Princess Leia.jpg (58KB, 400x589px) Image search: [Google]
The Courtship of Princess Leia.jpg
58KB, 400x589px
>>50266794
Check on Hungry Ewok, comrade.

It should be there.
>>
>>50266435
Indeed. Of course, my players are fond of Red Dawn-esque things like bulldozing into a reeducation camp and tossing rifles to everyone who moves, so stuff like that tends to go fast, but I really like it best for more obscure stuff like the time they stole a hovertruck full of spare TIE laser cannons. Plus, players actually love it when you frame it like
>central supply can provide the fifty thermal detonators in a duffle bag you requested, but they need you to go out and get them X
With X being something they've already got. I suppose it kinda exacerbates their hoarding tendencies, but then again hoarding shit on the off chance somebody, even someone not in their cell , will need it seems like something rebels SHOULD do from where I'm sitting
>>
>>50266819
Shit this is a gold mine. Thanks.
>>
Anyone here who likes building models might wanna take a look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaGSO-sNp8
>>
File: gbf-wingbox.png (789KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gbf-wingbox.png
789KB, 1280x720px
>>50267274
X-Wing Build Fighters anime when?
>>
I got six Ten Numbs on my latest store tournament. What do?
Cat is fond of them.
>>
File: King of Games.jpg (15KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
King of Games.jpg
15KB, 300x224px
>>50267731
>Six Numbs
How and why? Are Ten Numbs the XWM equivalent of Star Chips?
>>
>>50267731
wait until you have ten Ten Numbs of course
>>
>>50267919
I was one of few left when they closed down and they had a ton of them so we split the pile.
I think they where the promos from last year and the store got to many of them.
My cat don't complain about them, yet.
>>
>>50267976
kek do this
>>50267731
>>
>>50267731
>>50267985
That is a nice cat.
>>
>>50267976
What happens when the Ten are united?
>>
>>50268074
She's the best. A wonderful little monster.
>>
>>50268111
They form a Voltron like Sullustan.
>>
File: double b.jpg (77KB, 400x478px) Image search: [Google]
double b.jpg
77KB, 400x478px
>>50268111
>>50268146
>>
>>50268211
It's beautiful~ It even have room for four Numbs.
>>
>>50268255
You mean B-eautiful
>>
>>50268315
Oh you~!
>>
>>50268315
What do you get when you have a B, E, and A wing in the same squad?

a B-E-A-UTIFUL Formation
>>
>>50268399
I tried this with triple K-Wings. I didn't turn out as well as I wanted.
>>
>>50267274
Dammit, if these were sold in the US I would have my brother's Christmas present set.
>>
>>50267731
>>50268117
Yo V. Fancy running into you here. We gotta mett up for some X-Wing some day. I'd love to try my gimmicy Tractor-Dash list
>>
File: Cute_jedi_with_clones.jpg (1MB, 4092x2893px) Image search: [Google]
Cute_jedi_with_clones.jpg
1MB, 4092x2893px
>>50260184
>decade-long exclusivity
God damn it.

Nothing good will happen will it?

No that's unfair, nothing interesting will happen will it?
>>
File: super male vitality.gif (2MB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
super male vitality.gif
2MB, 320x176px
>>50269438
EA is the same publisher that gave us gems like CnC Generals, Tiberium Wars, Wing Commander 4, Madden 1993, old Battlefield, and Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. And to be fair, the recent Plants vs. Zombies games show that it's still capable of putting out fun titles. It has the potential and resources to relive the glories of old, and it starts with unfucking Bioware and DICE.
>>
File: 18.jpg (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
35KB, 800x600px
>>50268715
What would you be willing to pay for them?

>>50268820
The very same R. :) hehe looking forward to the crazy list.
>>
>>50253112

What's a good, cheap pocket carrier for a small, independent starfighter squadron starting up immediately after RotJ? For the sake of clarification, I've got four PCs flying retrofitted V-Wings.
>>
>>50269786
Hmm, a modified Action series might work for a small group, maybe a Quasar Fire for a full squadron.
>>
>>50269438

I dunno. I mean, if you like cinematic shit, I'm pretty sure the head writer or producer or something from Uncharted moved to Visceral and they're working on some more actiony SW game. The thing is that the EA move will be to throw a lot of shit out there and see what sticks.

With 10 whole years and a lot of new content to pick from? They'll probably throw up a couple quality titles with actual canon interaction.

>>50269491

I also hear good things about Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 even if the latter isn't selling well.
>>
File: 1479333382605.jpg (23KB, 407x266px) Image search: [Google]
1479333382605.jpg
23KB, 407x266px
>>50269905
>Battlefield 1
Where's muh fuckin' Frogs, Slavs, and colonial troop campaigns, DICE?
>>
>>50270089
DLC :^)
>>
>>50270089
>colonial troops
Everyone in multiplayer :^)
>>
File: RIP AND TEAR.png (428KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
RIP AND TEAR.png
428KB, 600x517px
>>50270189
>No designated shooting maps with Indian colonial troops
>No operating innajungle with German colonial Africans
>No Gurkhas

Though to be fair, I guess you could play DOOM 2016 for a proper Gurkha simulator.
>>
>>50270340

Gurkha's in WW1 feel like the guys who didn't get the memo about all the mud blood and bad poetry.
Basically, whilst everyone else was stuck in trenches the Guhrka's basically had a whale of a time kicking the shit out of Iraq.

For them, the war really was over by christmas, and they spent the rest of it in Baghdad snorting cocaine off hookers.
>>
>>50259602
5 Brawn, laminate, 2 ranks in Enduring and 1 in Armor Master. Elite Stormtrooper could hit that, easily.
>>
>>50259642
As with any other game's availability rules, final say on what is and isn't available to the players is at GM discretion. Maybe they're in a place with a sector-wide ban on the hardware they want, skyrocketing the price, tanking the availability, and making it very very illegal to have one. Or maybe the city you're in right now is 'fresh out' and you're stuck there for story reasons.

Availability is not the be-all, end-all for when a player can get their hands on something. It's a guide for when the GM doesn't have a strong desire to either give it to them as a reward or withhold it for balance/story purposes.
>>
File: porque no dos.jpg (19KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
porque no dos.jpg
19KB, 400x389px
>>50259991
Seriously though, that shit was funny and gave Luke and Han a bit more bro time.
>>
>>50261750
You use the names instead of colors? Huh
>>
>>50263842
But the second half of Order 66 and Impcom are terrible. The first 3.5 books are good though.
>>
>>50269491
Also some ace Bond games: AuF, Nightfire, Everything or Nothing, and From Russia with Love. Sadly they are soulless now.
>>
>>50271660

Probably so you don't run into the problem with Setback and Boost both are colors which start with "B".
>>
>>50271866
B and U, or call boost white and force force.
>>
>>50271969
...what?
>>
File: capture_5479_12112016_215906.jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
capture_5479_12112016_215906.jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
I've been trying to think of a good way to handle stealth in SW, dropping back to silenced slugthrowers seems like it would slow down encounters thanks to the reduced damage.

And going up to the more high end stealth guns like Nightstingers and Verpine Shatter weapons seems to take things too far in the other direction.

Anyone have good advice?
>>
File: k a magical place.jpg (106KB, 1210x1016px) Image search: [Google]
k a magical place.jpg
106KB, 1210x1016px
>>50273437
Suppressed slugthrowers really are the most cost-effective solution. If you want to speed up combat, consider homebrewing stats for unconventional ammunition.
>>
>>50273437
>>50273489
they actually statted a blaster silencer upgrade. youknow. just to continue endlessly shitting on slugthrowers.
>>
>>50263842
>spoiler
Any time she wasn't using Mandos to try and push her Libertarian politics, she did a really good job. She knows how to write good bantz and frame a scene with some skill.
>>
>>50273637
I didn't mind the mandos grumbling about their own views in Repcomm, because it was a handful of grumpy old men grumbling about the good ol days.
>>
X-Wing friends, I've got a tournament coming up. I know the top players will be running Dengaroo and also TIE mini-swarm. Is there anything Rebels have that can hold up against those?
>>
>>50273715
I was referring to how other characters had internal monologues that were basically about how terrible government is and how right the Mandos were about whatever topic was being thought about. When it was from their perspective I actually liked it; it felt internally consistent when it was their own thought processes. When everyone else agreed with them without them knowing it, it came across as really same-y and hard to read.

The Mandos were mostly a blank slate when Traviss got her hands on them. So she inserted her politics into them with aplomb.

I stand by the entirety of my earlier statement though. When her blatant political bias wasn't making me groan, she was very good with her descriptive prose and the emotionality of a lot of her characters. Her warfare/clone only stuff in particular was solid gold, and I longed for more of any time I saw her beating the Mandos--who I well and truly wanted to love--with her politics.

For the most part I give her stuff a pretty solid B or B+. Really good detail and prose with decent evolution of characters--particularly the clones--but the author's lack of discipline ruins some aspects that could have been more enjoyable.
>>
File: dark forces 3 pre-alpha.webm (2MB, 854x396px) Image search: [Google]
dark forces 3 pre-alpha.webm
2MB, 854x396px
>>50273548
>blaster suppressors
Never mind then, I guess operating the traditional way just isn't good enough for FFG. Though it does bring up the question of how the hell anyone makes a blaster bolt sneeki breeki. Sound and flash can be suppressed, but the bolt is still going to be pretty damn visible.
>>
>>50273786
>I was referring to how other characters had internal monologues that were basically about how terrible government is and how right the Mandos were about whatever topic was being thought about. When it was from their perspective I actually liked it; it felt internally consistent when it was their own thought processes. When everyone else agreed with them without them knowing it, it came across as really same-y and hard to read.
To be fair to Traviss, the Clone War era was seriously heavy on "Both governments are shit because Sith." So have an overburdened Jedi put in charge of morally questionable spec-ops complaining about his job does fit almost as well.

The problems really came on heavy when she was given access to already established characters.

Also that weird segment with the fancy stun weapon. Blasters ahve had stun settings for a fuckin long while, and while we didn;t explicitly see them in the prequels (Though some WERE mentioned in the Ep3 visual guide that I'm not sure had come out yet either) there wasn't any reason to assume they'd only been invented between the two trilogies, so having a weird (Real life theoretical tech based) stun pistol seemed super out of place.

>>50273840
Yeah I think only the Nightstinger has an invisible bolt. They can make them quiet but they'll still be bright.
>>
>>50273768
You can go for a heavy regen list and try to outlast them. Miranda with TLT, Norra with R2-D2, Biggs.
>>
File: shiny-and-chrome.gif (823KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
shiny-and-chrome.gif
823KB, 500x206px
>>50273437
Stuff like the extreme range sniper-blasters are probably fairly 'sneaky' in a sense that if you're popping someone from km's away, its just a shot out of nowhere and it would be some hefty penalties against anyone trying to figure out just where the fuck it came from.
Making a blaster suppressed is still a kind of weird thing to do (even with some fancy tech like sound cancelling) because while the bolt is probably subsonic, its still hitting someone like a grenade going off and without some super-fancy blaster gas to dampen the light coming out of a roiling ball of energy- nah, going with 'not sneaky' and into the realm of 'not as noisy'. In that sense you could impose penalties on someone trying to detect it from medium range or longer.

The old suppressed slugthrower/KEW is still the way to go- low velocity, high mass and lay someone on their arse
Its a big galaxy too, somewhere, someone is probably a fan of bullets and they might have come up with some archaeological blueprints on a rock showing you how to make an armour-piercing incendiary round or super high density mass rounds using some arcane materials out of a dying star :)

That's your adventure for next week
PC's got to Bullet Farm for supplies!
>>
Has anyone here used ffg for an old Republic setting?
>>
>>50273768
I should add, the current list I've been playing with is Rey+Miranda, but Homing Missiles aren't going to be terribly helpful against Dengaroo.
>>
>>50274183
>Making a blaster suppressed is still a kind of weird thing to do (even with some fancy tech like sound cancelling) because while the bolt is probably subsonic
In EAfront blaster bots are routinely at 600meters per second, that's nearly twice the speed of sound at sea level.
>>
>>50273840
yeah blaster supressors are in SoR:110, LoNH:106
>>
How many fighters would this carrier modified Imperial Customs Corvette hold?

>>50274370
Same stats for both?
>>
>>50273548
>they actually statted a blaster silencer upgrade. youknow.
Bull fucking horsecock. Goddamnit FFG, can't you have a single thing unfucked in your equipment chapters?
>>
>>50274581

hey, someone has to keep the ex-40K writers busy.
>>
>>50274581
The best part is that they've never bothered to include a slugthrower suppressor in anything, so apparently you can suppress blasters, but not your space 1911
>>
>>50274168
I wish I could, but there's no way to fit double regen in along with Biggs.
>>
>>50274581
>Goddamnit FFG, can't you have a single thing unfucked in your equipment chapters?
You know what they do to spacecraft, why does it surprise you that they inflict the same thing on personal-scale gear?
>>
>>50274454
just slightly different fluff entries
>>
>Kyp forced to fake celebration of his horrible war crimes to fuck with the Vong and their spies.
Damn that's cold Allston.
>>
>>50274623
yeah the only silenced slugthrower comes with it standard
>>
>>50274454
>How many fighters would this carrier modified Imperial Customs Corvette hold?
I'd say 6 TIE/ln, or four of any other light fighters (eta-2s, V-wings, TIE interceptors/bombers, A-7s, A-wings ect), maybe 2-3 bigger fighters like X or Ys or preybirds or what have you
>>
>>50274846
Sure, but he deserves much worse
>>
>>50274873
I dunno, etas and vs seem like they would fit even easier. And those corvettes are pretty big, stack some like a lorran spitball rack for good measure and it could work in a good few.
>>
Is force sensitivity necessary to use a lightsaber effectively?

Is the dark side still inherently corrupting and evil?
>>
>>50274918
>I dunno, etas and vs seem like they would fit even easier.
I was sorta assuming that the bay would have been designed for TIE/lns, with a TIE rack and associated rigging, and even other designs of roughly the same size couldn't fit in nearly as efficiently.
And really, that bay doesn't seem actually that big when you realize how shallow it is, and even assuming you bunk-bed them in (which would be an absurd nightmare for maintenance), any more than four full-sizes, with two at a time launching would be pushing it IMO
>>
>>50275034
>Is force sensitivity necessary to use a lightsaber effectively?
Sort of. It certainly helps, and forget about fancy sabre tricks without it, but in the extremely rare scenario of a non-sensitive who had extensive training with the thing, they could still be quite effective
>Is the dark side still inherently corrupting and evil?
Yes, 110%, fuck off with that 'muh gray jedi shit', pure evil corruption
>>
>>50274255
I was going off the old Mythbusters episode which put them around 135mph or about 60m/s
Which is awfully slow, but you're not really going to get out of the way of it real often either at close range.

>Just personal opinion,
Blasters have the advantage of hitting power and high capacity of ammo. Giving them much else is sort of trying to make them a bit much really and just from a game perspective, slugthrowers should have a bit of a niche in that they're cheap, can take varieties of rounds and accessories you can't use on a blaster- like a suppressor. The trade off is that ammo is heavy, so if you want to carry as much as you would for a blaster, then you're going to run into encumbrance issues.
>>
>>50275078
>then you're going to run into encumbrance issues.
Well, maybe in FFG land where a chest rig or literally even fucking taping spare mags to your armor are arcane, lost technologies, cargo pants don't exist, backpacks don't work, and you can't fit fifty rifles in a light freighter.
But realistically, unless you're going full north hollywood, carrying enough slugthrower ammo for the number of gunfights the average PC group gets into in between chances to resupply wouldn't be difficult
>>
>>50275034
There's the Force, and there's the Dark Side. Before the nuCanon there was no inherent light or dark to it. It is a neutral thing, and the Dark Side is a corruption of that--forgive the parlance--force of nature.

The nuCanon of course introduced the idea of Light and Dark (and the Clone Wars did with their weird Force Entities arc, though one could argue that was in the grey area of Canon and nuCanon, as it would have been aired whether or not Disney announced the EU as null), but before that there was just the Force and the corruption of the Force, which is an inherently evil and antagonistic thing.
>>
how the dicks does ship/vehicle encumbrance work?
>>
>>50275200
In short, it doesn't. At all. You see, FFG in all their grand wisdom decided to take the old WEG capacity numbers for encumbrance capacity for light freighters. The problem is that those numbers were in, y'know, metric tons, not pairs of socks or whatever the fuck FFG considers worth one point of ENC. Fighters are pretty much complete asspulls, and capital ships are like freighters, but possibly worse
>>
>>50275045
I dunno, the Night Caller fit quite a few by bunkbedding, i feel like they could do the same somehow. It's a pretty big bay, the corvette is as long as a CR90 and that bay gors a good chunk of the way backm
>>
File: +1damage vs muslims and zombies.jpg (86KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
+1damage vs muslims and zombies.jpg
86KB, 600x421px
>>50275160
Yeah, I kind of get what they where trying to do with the Enc system and ditch things like weight to make it a more nebulous way of carrying stuff without everyone doing extra maths.

But, it didn't really work in relation to some things like the vehicles.
Generally I sort of fall back to the D6 weights in tonnage for them as its shit that's been boxed up and loaded by a cargo master. Its not exactly 'ready to go' as you'd have to unpack it and assemble it. Same if the PC's want to convert a cabin to make it an armoury or something, how much does it hold? Who cares, it just holds all your stuff and gives you a place to tinker with bits.
>>
>>50275245
I dunno. Based on the length VS without the bay, I'd call it 40 meters tops, and really not terribly wide, since it doesn't extend very far back or in to the arms
Plus how long that corvette is has always been weird, like the A-wing. Illustrations put it at under 100 meters long, but WEG numbers put it at 180. Kinda a situation of what you feel like making it.
Also the Night Caller is kinda a can of worms being as it kinda doesn't match up between what is supposed to fit in the 'head' and the canon dimensions of it.
But anyways I'm about to pass the fuck out, so g'night y'all
>>
hrmn. would giving slugthrowers functionally infinite hardpoints make them not shit?
>>
>>50275401
I am not strapping unlimited rails onto every rifle you sick fuck
>>
>Other unit commanders called in readiness as the countdown neared its end. Not all did. Jaina winced. She couldn’t hope that no friendlies were out there; she knew some were, pilots who’d been shot down but might still be alive.
>“Zero,” Iella said. “Hold positions.” And it began to rain.
>It didn’t rain water. It rained columns of destructive energy, massed fire from turbolaser batteries far overhead, brilliant needles of light that poured into the jungle all around the kill zone.
>The turbolaser blasts tore through vegetation, through everything beneath it. Blasts hitting trees detonated them in clouds of smoke. Beams hitting ponds and creeks and stagnant water sent up clouds of superheated steam. Beams flashed down through those clouds, but the manipulators of voids couldn’t see them coming, couldn’t maneuver the voids into place in time.
>Jaina sat transfixed. This was orbital bombardment, what the Empire’s Star Destroyers had been built to do, what no Star Destroyer under the command of the New Republic had ever done. Jaina had heard about it, but it was just history, just some old-timey thing that no one ever had to worry about.
>And now she was seeing it. Lusankya was finally fulfilling the purpose for which she had been built, before Jaina had even been born.
>For four minutes, death rained down from overhead, in a circle neatly surrounding the kill zone. Then it stopped, and the rumbles, the screams uttered by bodies of water suddenly superheated, the bellows of distant rakamats meeting their doom, all died away.
>Jaina jumped as her comlink crackled back into life. “Ground forces,” Wedge said, “commence mop-up.”

Fucking chilling.
>>
ffg star wars question, is it just me or are droids kinda shafted in starting characteristic numbers and XP? it seems difficult to make something with characteristics to match statted droids
>>
>>50275497
You are generally either a heavily upgraded B1 or a poorly maintained anything else as a starting droid.
>>
File: 1429396339260.jpg (54KB, 601x469px) Image search: [Google]
1429396339260.jpg
54KB, 601x469px
>>50275484
>>
>Janson shrugged, rueful. “Sad side effects of age, I’m afraid.” His expression became livelier. “Which you can help me forget. Tell me about a female pilot, Twin Suns Leader. She has a nice voice. Does she have looks to match?”
>Wedge, struggling to keep from laughing, exchanged a glance with Tycho. “Well, yes. She’s nice looking.”
>“Married? Attached?”
>“Attached, I think. Recently attached.” To my nephew, Wedge added to himself, no matter how hard they try to keep others from noticing.
>“So, who is she?”
>Wedge frowned as if remembering. “Jay something. Isn’t that right?” >He turned to Tycho.
>“I think so.”
>“Jay, Jay…” Wedge let his expression clear. “That’s it. Jaina Solo.”
>Janson’s face paled. “Jaina Solo.”
>“I’m sure that’s the name.”
>“Sith spawn, I was flirting with a nine-year-old.”
>“Nineteen,” Tycho corrected. “And she has more kills than the three of us put together at the same age.”
>Janson sighed, defeated. “I guess I’d better apologize to her and then throw myself on her lightsaber.”
>Wedge shook his head. “No, just ask Han to shoot you. It’ll be more merciful and it is his right as a father.”

I miss Allston so much.
>>
File: C21Highsinger-SWE.jpg (71KB, 680x696px) Image search: [Google]
C21Highsinger-SWE.jpg
71KB, 680x696px
>>50275497

Droids have to super specialize in their attributes - pick what you want to do well, and you can only really do that, which fits the lore for droids. Combat droids aren't smart - mechanic droids generally can't go into combat - face droids can't do either of those, etc.

Droids however do make out really well in starting skill points, gain an extra point of soak, count their cyber cap as 6 regardless of brawn, and while they cant be force sensitive, the whole "dont need food, air, water,sleep, etc" thing can be rather useful
>>
>>50275497

Take a step back for a moment.

All the other races, with the exception of non-Corellian humans, lean in very particular ways due to their stat loadouts and bonus skills.

Droids, on the other hand, are a blank template. You can decide *exactly* the sort of thing you want to be, and can become wickedly good at that thing. Think of the droid PC being R2-D2 or C-3PO. Neither of them were any good in a firefight, but had very particular niches which they excelled in.

Also, Astromech PCs are excellent, because anyone who creates one knows exactly what they want from the game.
>>
File: rifle is fine.jpg (84KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
rifle is fine.jpg
84KB, 500x667px
>>50275401
Rifle is fine, Amerikanski. Cyka blyat idi nahui.
>>
>>50273768
The old ARCs d'Triomphe has been my go to for a while.

Norra w/ PtL, tail gunner, title, vectored thrusters, R2-D2
Biggs w/ R4-D6, integrated
Thane w/ plasma torps, chips, R7-T1, tactician, title

Biggs absorbs fire/messes up Dengar's targeting, Norra hits like a truck and wins late, and Thane is just a toolbox.
>>
>>50275034
Nucanon anybody can use a lightsaber, Finn actually does a decent job without training considering he fought a sith apprentice.
>>
>>50277201
>Finn actually does a decent job without training considering he fought a stroppy little bitch.

FTFY but it's certainly the most valid piece of evidence either way post Disney.

>>50275034
There was also an old legends comic from the Dark Horse era where Boba Fett used a lightsaber and fought Vader. Ultimately in Legends it was down to the writer so if it's in a game you're GMing/playing then rule 0 applies.
>>
Stands to reason anyone can use a lightsaber to laserclub people to death with it (which, incidentally, is Ren's entire fighting style), but can't do all the pirouettes and sweet moves that would require telekinetic and precognitive assistance.
>>
>>50277301
>Legends
Also, Grievous. Guy was 100% muggle and he got by just fine.
>>
>>50277730
>which, incidentally, is Ren's entire fighting style
It was also one of the best parts of the movie. The sword fights actually felt like people struggling and trying to kill each other. It was visceral and felt really good to watch.

Also Ren was a fucking killdozer. At least, when he had his mask on. People can bitch all they want about how whiny Ren was, but the actor did an amazing job. When he had the mask on, he was a confident and dangerous monster. When the mask was off, he was a vulnerable young man just trying to make shit work. The difference was palpable.
>>
File: Biscuit_Baron.png (34KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
Biscuit_Baron.png
34KB, 500x454px
>>50277742
Baron Tagge was a lightsaber afficionado as well. People just thought he was an eccentric weirdo for being into it.
>>
I like how the Vong-Collaborating senator figured out an intrigue among the Vong with only a few days in captivity and used it to buy her life.

And she only did it as a "Viable lie" to buy more time but turned out to be 100% right.
>>
>>50279283
Aaaannnd the idiot in command of the Vong proceeds to waste her by sending her to hunt Jedi.
>>
>>50279311
I feel like Allston just needed to take the piss out of the vong by making them functionally retarded.
>>
>>50279443
Retarded, but an interesting kind of retarded, I especially like the former Warmaster.
>>
>>50279443
>>50279490

Yeah say what you will but the Vong are pretty much retarded. It's why they do what they do.
>>
>>50275401
it would definitely help, especially since there are a limited amount of attachments that work with them.
>>
>>50275401
Go home, /k/ulak
>>
>>50275401
>Setting with common weaponized plasma
>Wants firing chunks of metal to be "balanced"

Slugthrowers are meant to be either A) a weapon for poor people or poor access eg Luke in a New Hope or B)super niche use for specific purposes where it would be useful. I'm all for coming up with cool mods to make them more interesting but trying to balance them is silly since they are supposed to be starter weapons for the cheap.
>>
Anyone have some good stormtrooper art?
>>
>>50281074
i didn't say balanced. i said "not shit"
>>
>“The Starlancer project,” Wedge said, “is a laser-based superweapon roughly analogous to a Death Star main gun, with two important differences. The first difference is that it distorts space and time to accelerate its destructive force through hyperspace, allowing it to be used as a first-strike weapon against enemy star systems light-years away.”

JJ Abrams stole his ideas from Allston.
>>
>>50276961
Is that you, FGD?
>>
>>50282216
>JJ Abrams stole his ideas from Allston.
You do know he was just the director, right?
>>
>>50282700
You do realize that he actually took over writing after Arndt was kicked off, right?
>>
>>50282700
It was a joke.

"Hyperspace death star laser" isn't exactly a completely new idea.

(Though the one in Enemy Lines was a Faaaaaaaaaake)
>>
>>50277201
>without training
Though it is worth considering that he has eduction in the use of batons so it not zero training.
>>
>>50253112
Shit. I dimly remember this novel, but I'm struggling to remember the plot. I want to say it was about a race of manta-ray spacefaring critters that lived in a nebula, and there was a deus ex machina with a race of sentient starships?
>>
>>50282886
That was the book AFTER the one in that image, and it was a race of sentient starships about half the diameter of the first death star for the larger ones that had been built up further.

They would have made a fun addition to the Vong war, hell, so would the Thon'boka themselves, I can't imagine the pinpoint singularities fo vong vessels saving them from broad-scatter microwave bombardment sufficient to cook an unshielded dreadnought.

The book in that image is the one in the asteroid field during a system wide plasmastorm
>>
>>50282983
>so would the Thon'boka themselves,
Er, I mean the Oswaft, the Thon'boka is the name of the nebula around them.
>>
>>50282735
>Who is Lawrence Kasden?
JJ was the director. He didn't "take over" shit. He helped write the script, but he was only one of three people working on it.
>>
So, Oswaft Microwave death scream (Three of the big ones can bring down a Dreadnought or Carack with a hole in its shields) vs Vong cruiser-equivalent.

The long duration wide-AoE of the scream seems perfect for fucking a Dovin Basal point defense.
>>
>>50283108
JJ was clearly in charge of the script after Arndt left, and it was pretty plain to see if you paid any attention to interviews and articles last year or even post-release. Kasdan might have helped some, but pretty much everything about the final script has JJ's name on it. Kasdan is really only there to provide some legitimacy for OT grognards.

Remember that JJ also consulted with Simon "I hate everything to do with the prequels" Pegg for ideas.
>>
>>50283200
>Remember that JJ also consulted with Simon "I hate everything to do with the prequels" Pegg for ideas.
Which is weird because Pegg did Dengar's voice in TCW, where he interacted with prequel characters set between the prequels.
>>
>>50283200
That's a nice opinion you've got there. You're certainly free to have it, but JJ just co-wrote the rewrite with Kasdan. Arndt did leave after writing the first draft that got binned, but JJ wasn't the sole (or even main) script writer.
>>
>>50283375
>"He didn't write Star Wars, he only co-wrote it!"

This is you.

He had huge control over the movie not just as director, but as a writer.

Reminder also that being credited as writer doesn't mean the same thing as actually writing the finished product, Arndt is still credited as a writer on TFA despite his draft basically being thrown out nearly in its entirety. Same with Leigh Brackett and ESB.
>>
>>50283490
I feel like you just want to blame JJ for everything, no matter what people tell you.
>>
>>50283566
I was the person that started this fucking conversation, I blamed JJ because it's FUNNY to blame him.
>>
>>50283566
I do blame him for a lot of things. Not every problem in TFA was, but it's clear from interviews and such that he was very petty about a lot of things and very controlling.

Remember he had flags removed - digital flags removed from a digital shot, literal background pieces that had nothing to do with the story and wouldn't disrupt things at all had they been kept in - all because they were prequel references.

And of course there's the whole "muh practical effects" debacle when TFA ended up using as much CGI if not more than the prequels did.
>>
>RPG party getting together
>gonna be giving them worldbuilding details so they can get started soon
>possible session even next weekend

feelsgoodman.holo
>>
>>50283618
>And of course there's the whole "muh practical effects" debacle when TFA ended up using as much CGI if not more than the prequels did.
It used them on scenes they fit better I have to say. Not making all the troopers CGI was a very good choice.
>>
>>50283664
>taking a few weeks off from your game after you kicked Gel Marcolf in the groin.
Man that session was great, but I feel bad we're going to have to wait a bit.
>>
>>50283672
Do you even remember the run up to TFA? And the Comic-Con BTS Reel? They had a whole campaign about using practical effects and NOT CGI - only to show us later that huge portions of the movie were, in fact, CGI.

There was even a fan backlash against it, creating a reel in the same style as JJ's BTS reel but using prequel stuff.

People really underestimate the amount of practicals that the PT used. And then JJ turns around and uses the whole PT = all CGI argument as a selling point for TFA.
>>
>>50283714
Oh yes, the prequels had a LOT of great miniature and set work, even some killer costuming for the coruscant sections, but replacing ALL the clones and nearly all vehicles stationary or not with CGI hurt them quite badly.

CGI for space stuff or the distant parts of huge battles is fine, the use of CGI to fill in for ALL the clones and droids, even the ones interacting with the cast was a big part of the drag down.

And yes, the ad campaign cherry picking both the PT and TFA to make TFA look "More practical" really was not a fair comparison.
>>
>Hey I know! Let's having the same stupid fucking argument about TFA that we have every day!

The winds of Rogue One are coming, anons. I'm not sure when I will be forced to abandon /swg/ or for how long
>>
>>50283714
Can we not do this shit here? Take it to /co/ if you want to bicker and bitch.
>>
>>50283922
I am sorry anon, I just wanted to make a joke about Hyperspace Super Lasers.
>>
File: chiss.jpg (76KB, 719x1111px) Image search: [Google]
chiss.jpg
76KB, 719x1111px
people are arguing again post waifus
>>
>>50283664
Oh, and I forgot to mention
>folks interested in starting X-Wing, including both store employees
>regular has left his X-Wing stuff there so we might be able to use some for demos
and only two weeks or so till i get my mental evaluation results in and see what's up with my head
>>
>>50281984
Hey guys is there any way we could tweak the rules to make sharpened rocks less sub-optimal? Ogg-bg is kind of falling behind, damage-wise.
>>
>>50284100
Force Move Max and throw all the rocks to deal damage.
>>
Which do you think is better in a list with Rey and PS9 Poe: Rey with VI, or Rey with Adaptability and a 1 point bid?
>>
File: X-wing_prototype_theft.jpg (589KB, 740x2000px) Image search: [Google]
X-wing_prototype_theft.jpg
589KB, 740x2000px
>>50284010
Did somebody say waifus?
>>
>>50284165
L-lewd! she's got her canopy cracked open for everyone to see
>>
File: ISD-I.jpg (426KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ISD-I.jpg
426KB, 1920x1200px
>>50284010
>>
>>50284392
THICC interDICKter
>>
Hey /swg/ anybody got ship tokens/ star wars tokens in general they can share? I'm working on an FFG game over roll20 for this weekend
>>
File: Bucket.jpg (9KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
Bucket.jpg
9KB, 208x242px
>>50284010
>>
File: ARC-170 Token.png (43KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
ARC-170 Token.png
43KB, 270x270px
>>50284538
I got some. They aren't the best-looking ones though
>>
File: V-Wing Token.png (111KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
V-Wing Token.png
111KB, 270x270px
>>50284700
>>
File: ETA-2 Token.png (79KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
ETA-2 Token.png
79KB, 270x270px
>>50284707
>>
File: TIE Clutch Token.png (81KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Clutch Token.png
81KB, 270x270px
>>50284727
>>
File: TIE Defender Token.png (58KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Defender Token.png
58KB, 270x270px
>>50284759
>>
File: TIE Phantom Token.png (46KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Phantom Token.png
46KB, 270x270px
>>50284774
>>
File: TIE SF Prototype Token.png (110KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
TIE SF Prototype Token.png
110KB, 270x270px
>>50284794
>>
File: TIE Experimental Mk3 Token.png (48KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Experimental Mk3 Token.png
48KB, 270x270px
>>50284811
>>
File: Chiss Clawcraft Token.png (58KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
Chiss Clawcraft Token.png
58KB, 270x270px
>>50284819
>>
File: NR Special Forces Token.png (110KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
NR Special Forces Token.png
110KB, 270x270px
>>50284839
>>
>>50284700
>>50284707
>>50284727
>>50284759
>>50284774
>>50284794
>>50284811
>>50284819
>>50284839
thanks man these are super helpful! Also chiss clawcraft is my shipfu
>>
File: TIE Advanced Prototype Token.png (69KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Advanced Prototype Token.png
69KB, 270x270px
>>50284857
>>
>>50284860
Here's the site i used to make them.

http://www.starwars-jdr-ressources.com/Html5TokenMaker/
>>
File: B1 Scout Droid Token.png (115KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
B1 Scout Droid Token.png
115KB, 270x270px
>>
File: Y-Wing Token.png (97KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
Y-Wing Token.png
97KB, 270x270px
and one more from my stash
>>
File: DeVaronia Nebula Vixen Token.png (47KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
DeVaronia Nebula Vixen Token.png
47KB, 270x270px
>>50284973
No, wait this is the last one. This one isn't an official Star Wars ship but a cut-n-paste job i did in paint a while back and used as a corporate sector defense fighter
>>
as someone who has never gotten into starwars all that much, how gutted is the universe/lore after the disney takeover and the "only movies are canon now". are fans just accepting all the old stuff as "alt universe stuff" or have they started to accept it as it is/is pissed?
>>
File: 1476556114920.gif (2MB, 277x342px) Image search: [Google]
1476556114920.gif
2MB, 277x342px
Hey anons. I'm wanting to run an online SWFFG game with some friends, but I'm noticing a severe lack of Star Wars tokens and maps. I can make character and NPC portraits myself but topdown vehicles, NPCs, buildings, maps, etc. seem really hard to find. I'm shit at Photoshop so homemade maps end up being flat with colored-in squares for buildings. Any advice or links to token/map resources? Much appreciated.
>>
>>50285202
you don't need maps or tokens at all, the system isn't designed with them in mind. Go right ahead if you want to, but not using that stuff will save you a lot of time.
>>
>>50285056
>are fans just accepting all the old stuff as "alt universe stuff"
Pal, that's the actual party line, that the old stuff is straight out a *different* canon, not noncanon
>>
>>50282493
No, but he's one of my contemporaries in the school of ARC.
>>
>>50285202
What are you playing on anon?
>>
>>50285226
Not that anon but for online games I'll usually use at least a rough outline at least for combat because otherwise the players are basically looking at a blank screen. This invariably leads to alt+tabbing and people tuning out. Plus some people are more visual so even having that sparse context will help them come up with better ways to interact with the environment. But for IRL sessions I'll often go a long time without drawing anything on the map or even getting it out.
>>
>>50273548
>>50273840
>>50274581

What's with the boner for slugthrowers on SW? They're not meant to be effective, literally the only time i can think of them popping up in the movies is when used by shitty backwards primitives. Slugthrowers are the shit you hand players because blasters are outlawed on this world, or because that's all anyone has and their blasters broke, or what have you. It's challenge mode, not a niche weapon.
>>
>Then there was a new voice, stronger because the broadcasting X-wing hovered only fifty meters away. Wedge recognized the voice as Gavin Darklighter’s. “Blackmoon Eleven, what did you think you were doing going after an entire squadron?”
>“My job.”
>“That’s ‘My job, sir.’”
>Wedge grinned. “My job, sir.”
>“Son, if you develop piloting skills in proportion to your nerve, someday they’ll call you the greatest pilot of all time.”
>Gavin, baffled, stared down at his comm board. “Blackmoon Eleven? Are you still there?”
>But Blackmoon Eleven didn’t respond—at least, not with words. The only thing emerging from Gavin’s comm board was laughter. Laughter that was somehow familiar.
>>
>>50283714
They had this whole thing about using practical effects and not OVERUSING CGI. No one ever fucking thought there would be no CGI in the movie, just that they weren't going to echo Lucas's retarded decisions in the PT.

>But the PT was fiiiine!

Jesus Christ, give it a rest already. The prequels were a load of fucking garbage from day 1. People started to worry when the awful CGI in the Special Edition added hilariously cartoony and out-of-place shit to the OT (a fucking DANCE NUMBER in Return? Really?) and then when Menace hit and the hype faded, people were left cold.

One that that IS interesting, though. Throughout the last decade, you've constantly had prequel defender popping up on the internet (never actually met one IRL) constantly accusing anyone who disagreed with them of being a curmudgeonly crusty nostalgia filtered OT fanboy. I never thought those existed until TFA came out. It's been the weirdest ride, finding out that not only did that demographic actually exist, but they've joined forces with the prequel fanboys in bashing TFA. It's almost as heartwarming as it is hilarious.
>>
File: 1479336312425.png (428KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
1479336312425.png
428KB, 558x744px
>>50287125
>What's with the boner for slugthrowers
/k/ and /tg/ often come together when fictional guns come up, and blasters can get boring. It's also a lot easier to talk shop about sluggers than about plasma weapons. Plus, bathing in a tub of energy cells just isn't the same as bathing in a tub of hoarded .22LR.
>>
>>50287125
Because in a galaxy of blasters, there's a certain style to carrying something like a slugthrower.
>>
so my local meta is flying a lot of large ships what is a good imperial list to deal with large ships?
>>
>>50287408
Bombers and punishers with missile spam
>>
>>50287408
What large ships?
And TIE swarm, most likely. Four ships throwing two dice each is the same as two ships firing four dice against agi 0
>>
>>50287125
I just prefer them for sniping, because I cannot for the life of me figure how a goddamn blasterrifle is supposed to be stealthy. Your goddamn blind if you can't guesstimate where a fucking bright bolt of light was shot from. A silenced slugthower, however, should hove me more time to take my shot and hustle somewhere safer.
>>
>>50287477

ghost (forgot what runs with it), double lancer pursuit(shadowcasters), the falcon (rey namely with a k-wing), hounds tooth(bossk) and ig-88 (the cannon one), and a decimator with 4 ties for the most part.

think

Omega squad pilot + comms relay x5 could work?
>>
>>50287499
>because I cannot for the life of me figure how a goddamn blasterrifle is supposed to be stealthy. Your goddamn blind if you can't guesstimate where a fucking bright bolt of light was shot from
Yeah, really. Even if you allow for FFG's nonsense canon-violating blaster suppressor, the fucking bolt is still visable and easy to track. It'd be like sniping with tracers, but actually worse
>>
>>50287561
Can't help against lancers, but ghost, decimator an falcon all get hurt by lots of s
Ties
Blocking is huge, as is arc dodging.
If you don't go full swarm, I find having ships which go before, and ones after, is really good.
PS7 let's you go after most things that are not the falcon.
>>
File: bizon silenced side.jpg (98KB, 1892x628px) Image search: [Google]
bizon silenced side.jpg
98KB, 1892x628px
If you could blasterize the Bizon without its obvious "Russian-ness" showing through the helical mag would make a damn fine grenade launcher.
>>
Going to a tournament this weekend, and I know there'll be a few guys who went to Worlds. Do you think this list will hold up okay?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!201:27,-1,200,159:40:27:U.108,m.-1;196:18,-1,78,204:39:15:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
File: DanuviaVD01.jpg (35KB, 1000x565px) Image search: [Google]
DanuviaVD01.jpg
35KB, 1000x565px
>>50287984
Lot of the helical mag stuff is pretty neat, though I get a cramp just thinking about reloading their magazines.
There's all sorts of esoteric stuff out there which would make for a decent SW gun, the Danuvia would make for a neat Space Uzi. If we ever get around to blowing up North Korea their Type73/modified PK machineguns would look the goods too.
>>
>>50288311
I still say that the good old bren sans magazine would make a perfect heavy blaster rifle
>>
File: Type-73.jpg (58KB, 630x320px) Image search: [Google]
Type-73.jpg
58KB, 630x320px
>>50288417
73 is a bit like the Bren and serves the same purpose except its a bit rougher and gronkier. Kind of a backyard build job of a PK/M :)
Never got to fiddle around with a Bren, even those where a bit before my time. My grandfather was a bren gunner from about 1941-45 though and told me a bit about them.
>>
File: BAR.jpg (2MB, 2100x1659px) Image search: [Google]
BAR.jpg
2MB, 2100x1659px
>>50288417
It'd still need 2 scopes and a folding stock tucked along the bottom. I'd like to see a BAR done up like that too, something bulky but with enough wood furniture to give it that Outer Rim look.
>>
>>50288758
That's a ballin looking compensator on it, well worth stealing for a space gun
>>
>>50288735
I kinda like the bren or ZB-26, or almost more the jap type 99 over the type 73 for a blaster, mostly on the basis of the flash hider looking more star wars-y.
and for what it's worth I've handled but not shot (local law being what it is) an old bren built not a mile from where I's, and I kinda love the old girl, though I'm the grandson of a RCAF man and so I should be more for partisans than machine rifles
>>
>>50288758
Hey, how about taping an old AEG and that old german ZF-4 (I think) to an old FN model D for an all star wars all 24/7 prop? It'd be good
>>
File: Stoner 63.jpg (31KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
Stoner 63.jpg
31KB, 600x332px
>>50288839
They're a very uncommon gun now, though I think India still uses them chambered in 7.62... but Indian's are fucking weird at the best of times.

Old Stoner 63 (in all its variants) might be kind of cool too
>>
>>50287125
a laser revolver just doesn't work
>>
>>50288921
I mean, there's more than a few unofficial bren guns around these days, especially here, but as far as I can tell it's down to the zimbos and maybe a few L4s for the good old bren in the armies of this old world
And yeah, the '63 would make a very excellent blaster if enough of them existed to bubbafy. (Though some of the nicer chinese/jap airshit replicas could be great prop bases if anyone ever bothered)
>>
>read Catalyst

This is the gayest book I have ever read. It's entirely about how Krennic is jealous that Galen got married and had a kid instead of spending more time with him

60% of it is about Krennic getting Galen closer to him.
>>
>>50288954
sure it does. due to compact size restraint laser diodes have lengthy cooling times. So you have a few in an exposed rotating heat sink so you can cycle through individual laser sources too achieve a higher rate of fire.
>>
>>50288954
Each "round" is a battery in itself. High power, but you only get as many shots as the cylinder. There you go.
>>
Making new thread
>>
New thread
>>50291878
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.