[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 90

File: 1406260044340.jpg (507KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1406260044340.jpg
507KB, 1920x1080px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

What kind of world do you set your games in?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Old thread: >>50205302
>>
how to prepare for underwater combat?
>>
>>50210499
Freedom of movement
Argue with your dm about how swimming works
Argue with your dm about how swimming works when freedom of movement is active
>>
>>50210479

I once did a Monster Hunter campaign.

Every kill you made you could opt to not get XP for it and instead get 1/2 the XP reward as Gold Credit for magic items.
>>
>>50210510
no freedom of movement available
>>
>>50210528
Argue with your DM on how swimming works
Get a high swim speed
Get some way to breathe

That's about it.

Cyclonic arrows if you are an archer.
>>
Yo, post high quality homebrew classes
I'm looking for something new and exciting to play next week
No casters though I just finished playing a Wizard
>>
>>50210578
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1raGvq7PhzuKn5zuTwKLafzOkJTEWbdUjmEFXkV6vpwY/edit#
Willing to take suggestions on what discipline to add next.
>>
>>50210479
My campaigns are set in whatever sort of worlds make sense. Currently running one post apocalyptic game where ancient magitech allowed mortals to throw off the shackles of the gods... almost. Both sides are still recovering thousands of years later, some parts of the world controlled by a unified church of the heavens who suppress magitech and innately magical races, other parts follow shamanism, worship monsters or just the almighty gold piece.

Other current game is Golarion, but lewd.
>>
>>50210644

>That spoiler

Explain.
>>
What would the best animal companion or familiar (at low levels) be for a trip-based martial character?
>>
>>50210578
>High quality

Well now anyone who does will be by necessity operating under a certain amount of hubris.
>>
>>50210683
Just dont link your own, duh
>>
>>50210683
I would argue that it takes a certain amount of pride to work on homebrew material in the first place, and even more to actually post it on /tg/. Calling it "high quality" is just a small jump compared to that.
>>
>>50210647
Lewd game set on Golarion, party is running around the globe to find allies against an army of sex fiends. Of course, everywhere you go the themes have a lewd twist. Riddleport is full of sexy pirates and pervy criminals, markets in Katapesh accept sexual favors as payment for their wares, though the prettier slaves and CoC grade drugs might reqire a lot of sessions to pay for. Things like that.
>>
>>50210763
I can't imagine how horrible that must be.

Are you all smelly freaks?
>>
>>50210763

That sounds pretty hot, but I can't imagine playing a full campaign in something like that. The occasional big titty sorceress is one thing, lewd festivals and fertility cults another, but a full-on sex world?

Is this the campaign that was recruiting from here way back when?
>>
File: 55068696_p0_master1200.jpg (343KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
55068696_p0_master1200.jpg
343KB, 858x1200px
So if there's a /pfg/ IRC, how do you get into it?

Also what is better Magus Bladebound/Kensai , or Bladebound/Hexcrafter?
>>
>>50210679

The moment you said trip-based is the moment I thought "wolf."

Wolves are perfect for trip builds.
>>
>>50210920
rizon #pfg
>>
>>50210578
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p4jcyWFRT_NNb10PQFjKmedtGZ-hKc_jfSHUwtPO1Rs/edit?usp=sharing
Knock yourself out.
>>
Factotum 5, going full 20. 3.5 low-magic homebrew setting.

Feats:
1st: Point Blank Shot
Human: Precise Shot
Flaw 1: Font of Inspiration
Flaw 2: Darkstalker
3rd: Quickdraw
6th: Knowledge Devotion
9th EWP: Hand Xbow
Probably more FOI for the rest of my feats.

Thoughts? Not looking to minmax here, just want to have fun.
>>
>>50210679

>trip-based martial character

The best familiar is ABORT
>>
>>50210968
i mean crossbows suck but sure.
>>
>>50210968
>Not looking to minmax here
The answer is yes.
Whatever it is you're trying to do just do it there's no need to ask permission here.
>>
File: Death_Stench_Armor.jpg (156KB, 668x612px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Stench_Armor.jpg
156KB, 668x612px
>>50210479

What kind of chumps are you that you dont cleave your armor from the corpses of your foes?
>>
File: hehehe1.png (8KB, 286x187px) Image search: [Google]
hehehe1.png
8KB, 286x187px
What would be the best weapon for a supporty healy Chirurgeon alchemist? Crossbows suck, throwing daggers aren't thematic, bows are feat hungry AND not thematic.
>>
>>50210778
IRC game, only met one player irl and he's pretty cute. And I only get sweaty at work from slinging a few tons of materials around each shift. Easily fixed with a shower unless the wife wants to get drunk on the smell

>>50210917
That one, yeah. And it's been a mix of comfy and lewd. Right now attempts to invade a succubus research lab are proving to be the latter.
>>
>>50211076
reach weapon?
>>
>>50210983
Yeah i know crossbows suck but i want a "gunnish" ranged weapon that i can conceal. Cunning Inspiration and Knowledge Devotion will make up for it, as well as Cunning Strike.

>>50211065
I'm not asking permission, i'm asking for advice.
>>
File: snek2.png (511KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
snek2.png
511KB, 639x360px
>>50211136
That could work.
>>
Ever play a paladin whose god wasn't LG? What were they like? How did they take that god's teachings and translate them to suit towards being LG?
>>
>>50211208
Paladin of Shelyn
Married the BBEG to help him redeem himself
>>
Hi /pfg/!

I was thinking about getting pict related - rise of the runelords- to okay solo, but is it even a compelling game? I watch some YouTube, but as usual without knowing too much about the system the video was confusing.

Do people play solo to level up characters so they can play with others? There's also 500 cards damn, does it get overwhelming?

I'm looking for fun, quick (30mins - 1hr) games which give me a sense of adventure and progression.

Is this right for me?

Other games I've played that are card based are Space hulk death angel, and I'm about to start the warhammer adventure card game as well.

Thanks /tg/ents
>>
>>50210974
I did a trip-based guy once. He did sliding kicks into people's shins, then punched them twice on the way down. Considering we were level 10 I think he basically had conditional pounce.
>>
What kind of game does pfg generally like playing in terms of setting and campaign style?
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 300x300px
>>50211257
Ouch, I totally never forget to post pict...

Uggghh
>>
File: 1470036171677.jpg (382KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
1470036171677.jpg
382KB, 800x578px
>>50210479
Why is Lagiacrus the OP image?
>>
Anyone got part 3 of Strange Aeons or Horror Realms/Blood of the Beast?
>>
>GM uses bullshit fake spells/maneuvers constantly
>My character departs due to plot reasons
>Roll up a Fool's Errand/Shattered Mirror character and steal all of the GMs special toys
I just singlehandedly made the "Platinum Devil" discipline cease to exist it seems.
And the enemy "pyromancers" suddenly forgot how to cast "Fiery Determination" and shit and started packing sphere effects instead.
Wonder if he hates me a lot or just a bit.
>>
File: tumblr_ml72gcto3c1r14o02o1_250.jpg (7KB, 234x197px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ml72gcto3c1r14o02o1_250.jpg
7KB, 234x197px
>>50211289
You see this? This is why /mhg/ is dead.
>>
>>50211273
>What kind of game does pfg generally like playing in terms of setting and campaign style?

>Warning: Plebbish opinions

I absolutely adore settings and campaign styles in the same vein as Dark Souls or Game of Thrones, that sort of gritty feudal-style action with political intrigue between nobility just gets me giddy every time game day comes around! Ooh, this is a subset of what I mentioned, but Crusades are always great, especially when the mass warfare leads into the politics.

I'm just so very *tired* of playing games where there are large expanses of uncharted and poorly populated lands that the PCs conveniently acquire a charter for, I want to be a hedge knight earning his keep in service to a lord, a crusader fighting for gold, god and glory, or even just a sly thuggish asshole that sneaks into noble quarters to steal incriminating documents.
>>
File: PZO1125-Valeros2.jpg (162KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1125-Valeros2.jpg
162KB, 1000x667px
>>50210479

What's your character's training routine? magical or martial.
>>
>>50211383

Stab them with the pointy end, generally!

And why did I never notice the baby in a basket until just now, looks like Valeros has been getting busy.
>>
File: ThoughtEater.jpg (90KB, 1000x516px) Image search: [Google]
ThoughtEater.jpg
90KB, 1000x516px
What fan conversions have you used in your games, /pfg/?
>>
>>50211076
I know there's some kind of syringe spear or something that exists
>>
>>50211383
He keeps a straw dummy in his house that he wails for thirty minutes a day before prepping his maneuvers.
>>
>>50211443
I use a tome of battle conversion called Path of War, there are a few schools of blade magic that do way too much damage, but otherwise it's fairly fun.
>>
>>50211383
>What's your character's training routine?

He doesn't have one, it's kinda why he's lost levels in his martial class.

By campaign start he's working mostly on muscle memory, and for much of the campaign his leveling up is "remembering" the old tricks.
>>
File: Onryou Kajitisu.jpg (143KB, 1037x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Onryou Kajitisu.jpg
143KB, 1037x1724px
>>50211383

Before dawn she wakes up and does stretches, Then she does about 15 repetitions of her 10 basic Katas. After that warm up she does push ups with a boulder tied to her back with one arm each.

Then she hangs from some monkey bars upside down and transfers water from one bucket on the ground to one on top of the monkey bars using a small cup.

After the bucket is filled a quick run around the town with sprinting intermixed.

Finally she cools down with more stretching, and starts cooking breakfast.
>>
>>50211298
Ya did good anon, you did good.
Now, if the GM decides to give you those ANYWAY and actually create them himself, then I'll give props to him for playing along, but for now kudos to you.
>>
>>50211456
+1 on the syringe spear. Also a launcher crossbow, for when you need to chuck your creations a bit further.

Also, of course, either daggers or war scalp... I mean razors :) .
>>
>>50211383

Meditations, a bit of prayer, and what could essentially be considered woodbending (wood oracle with wooden weapons and soon armor mysteries).
>>
>>50211383
Whenever he's sure nobody's around and he's got time to himself, he has his sword tutor him in its own style of swordsmanship and spellcraft. He's kind of suspicious about the fact that all the motions are so much like dancing, but the magic is real, so it has to be legit! His sword wouldn't lie to him!
>>
File: PZO1125-Valeros.jpg (121KB, 524x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1125-Valeros.jpg
121KB, 524x1000px
>>50211428

Bitch you know it!
>>
>>50211383
>usually once a week he'll set aside a day to find a secluded area, preferably an area with lots of trees and rocks.
>meditation
>them some light stretches
>will set up various targets to shoot at with his destructive blasts.
>tests for accuracy and general damage
>meticulously records his results in a journal
>if a large rock is available he'll see how many blasts it takes at "full power" before he can crack it.
>records these results
>after that's done, he'll practice some basic close quarters fighting(he often skips this bit though)
>after that it's time for a bath and for the day to start proper.
>>
>>50211383
Challenging anyone who has a melee weapon to a friendly duel.
Sometimes not so friendly.
>>
>>50211383
>What's your character's training routine?

>Wake up
>Make breakfast, have it in the garden
>Fuss over the daily chores
>Work on commissions
>Procrastinate about writing that letter to his brother
>Nip on over to the Sandpoint market for lunch and gossip
>Take a stroll in the surrounding farmlands, go home after enjoying the country air
>Finish up any commissions
>Head on over to the Rusty Dragon for drinks and dinner

It's not a very complicated existence.
>>
>>50211911

>Wake up

CANT WAKE UP
>>
So I just had a talk with a dude who used to work at Paizo, the guys who make Pathfinder and he told me some lulzy shit. Gonna copypasta some of it for posterity

"But back then Lisa Stevens hired MMO developer Ryan Dancey to develop the Pathfinder MMO, in spite of Dancey's horrible track record with games. This was a purely personal move because they're old friends. It's one of many bad decisions that basically led to the state Paizo is now in and why I left.

Pathfinder Online was developed by the independently owned (but Paizo-backed) company Goblinworks, and Paizo invested a VERY substantial sum of money in the company. Way too much.

So as a result of this investment, there were no bonuses allotted to salaried employees that year. I wouldn't be surprise if they're still denying everyone their bonuses.

Goblinworks failed to deliver the promised product and, in spite of months of us trying to warn upper management that Pathfinder Online was fucked, the plug wasn't pulled on Goblinworks until the 11th fucking hour, way past the point of being able to salvage the company. By this point Paizo pumped so much money into Goblinworks that they were entering financial dire straits. The Goblinworks folks tried but Paizo just gave the fuck up, which I can't blame them for. It's way too little too late.

Paizo became so short on finances that they were unable to maintain the development of the VTT software or essential upgrades to their proprietary forum/store back-end.

I heard that since my departure Paizo's started to intentionally delay payment of contractors (artists and freelance writers) in order to juggle financial burdens from month to month in a pretty blatant breach of contract.
>>
>>50212102
This isn't new
>>
>>50212102
stop posting this bullshit copypasta.
>>
>>50212102
Yes yes, we heard this all yesterday.
>>
>>50211383

On the job. She was thrown to the wolves and gets a kick out of the rush now. A regular thrill junkie so she takes all the second story jobs she can in an attempt to better herself. Even if she just breaks in and never takes anything, knowing she can is good enough. For training anyway.
>>
>>50210479
Sup /pfg/.

How many castings of Visualization of the Body can I cast on myself?

Going into a MASSIVE fight, but my character does have the time to meditate for 6 hours beforehand, to cast it 6 six times. Is that verboten?
>>
File: HBG.png (92KB, 669x766px) Image search: [Google]
HBG.png
92KB, 669x766px
>>50211289
Because THAT setting has some decent fucking crossbows.
>>
File: [SAVE ME].jpg (67KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
[SAVE ME].jpg
67KB, 500x550px
>>50212026

Sometimes he oversleeps.
>>
>>50211383
>Wake
>Check progress of production queues
>Confirm location
>Check autodiagonstic results
>Confirm time
>Roll out of bed
>Proceed to Hangar
>Perform basic maintenance and set new productions until hungry
>Eat breakfast if not too busy
>Initiate weapon forms, five-rounds-rapid per
>Check ship's capital weapon status
>Remember to set rockets to simulation-fire mode next time
>Add more rockets to production queue
>Set Alpha-Strike
>Accurize if necessary
>Check reactor status post alpha-strike
>Wonder why no one else is up yet
>Go back to bed
>>
How do you make your level 5 warlock broken? You are level five and have 10k gold.
>>
>>50212451
>warlock

Expand further, pathfinder Warlock (Vigilante)? 3.5e Warlock?
>>
anon you are cute!

I love you
>>
>>50212102
Basically they had some female authors get invited to be guests at GenCon and then said lol no and brought their male staff members instead. So the women held a gofundme because their employers were too cheap or something.
>>
sometimes I feel barbarians should be allowed to have like 20 rage powers and not just 10
>>
>>50212573

Oh stop it. You wont even go out with me
>>
File: LUCHAAAA.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
LUCHAAAA.gif
2MB, 600x338px
Decided to go ahead and make a grab/Fool's Errand character for MAXIMUM WRASSLING. Seems grapple is a bit better against casters and locks can really fuck up a martial's day.
>>
>>50212573

Coming from the hussy that wouldn't take responsibility?
>>
>>50212573
Why would you lie like that?
>>
>>50212573

Anon, I want you to know that is without a doubt the sweetest thing anyone's said to me all day. You are a beautiful person and I hope nothing but the best for you.
>>
>>50210519

Might be cool, though if i had my input i'd divide up the GOld credit by Monster Type, that way that Red dragon you just killed doesnt go into your water sword.
>>
Does being under the effect of a polymorph spell/Su (specifically, asking for wild shape) get rid of energy resistances? The monster abilities section states

>"A creature with resistance to energy has the ability (usually extraordinary) to ignore some damage of a certain type per attack, but it does not have total immunity."

but I don't think I've ever seen a counter-example, and abilities are specified to be natural abilities if they're not labeled as SLA/Su/Ex. I'm assuming that since it's a racial ability, it's derived from one's form.

If that is the case, is that also the case for Deathless Spirit's negative energy resistance, for which the fluff hints as not being form-based?
>>
File: what is her haat.jpg (62KB, 564x962px) Image search: [Google]
what is her haat.jpg
62KB, 564x962px
what hat is this, /pfg/
I've seen it around before and can't for the life of me figure out what it is
>>
>>50213004
I think it's mongolian?
>>
>>50213230
I got that, but they must have a specific term for it
>>
>>50212663
That's slightly overkill.
I do think though that Pounce shouldn't be a totem line locked power that forces every single barbarian to go into beast totem.
>>
>>50213261
>that forces every single barbarian to go into beast totem.

Not every barbarian goes for beast totem tho.

Personally I wish there was a way to get rid of Rage powers entirely, I'd rather have bonus feats.
>>
>>50213283
There is a way.

It's called playing fighter.
>>
>>50213283
>Not every barbarian goes for beast totem tho.

True for gimmick builds, but pounce makes beast totem line so much better than the other options that it's not funny.

>Personally I wish there was a way to get rid of Rage powers entirely, I'd rather have bonus feats.

Anon what are you even smoking
>>
>>50213298
>>50213303

I like rage and the roleplay that comes with being a barbarian.

Rage powers always seemed kind of useless to me!
>>
>>50213246
As far as I can tell, they just see it as a "hat"
I mean, you could look up the Mongolian word for Hat, because the only thing I can find on that style of hat that people call it is "Mongolian Fur Hat"
>>
>>50213319
Play a fighter with VMC Barbarian, then. It sounds like everything you want.
>>
>>50213349
What about a Viking Fighter?
>>
A few months back, some dude made a Fighter or Alchemist homebrew that got exploding cartridges. It was something like 1 bomb=5 bullets or something.

Anyone got the link? I can't find the damn thing.
>>
>>50213319
>Rage powers always seemed kind of useless to me!
>he says despite Spell Sunder existing
Rage powers are good. Sure, many of them can be traps, but most of them are pretty decent and tend to be more potent than feats.

>I like Rage
Play a Viking Fighter

>and the roleplay that comes with being a barbarian
There is LITERALLY nothing at all that excludes Fighters from the same roleplay opportunities. Heck, most of the Barbarians I play don't even go for tribal roleplay bit, they usually are just really angry people that use their rage as a coping mechanism or just have emotional problems, like the drunk mercenary I'm currently playing.
>>
>>50213364
It was a Gunslinger, and an Initiating one. I'll see if I can find it real quick
>>
File: 1446834094710.gif (479KB, 434x444px) Image search: [Google]
1446834094710.gif
479KB, 434x444px
>mfw Wrath of the Righteous campaign is dead
>>
File: Gunslinger.jpg (603KB, 1348x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Gunslinger.jpg
603KB, 1348x1400px
>>50213364
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rwtD6bOGy9Vbegn_sGC7ZUyDdKq8h72SDiunSUYllUc/edit
>>
>>50213364
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rwtD6bOGy9Vbegn_sGC7ZUyDdKq8h72SDiunSUYllUc/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: fft squires.jpg (108KB, 471x601px) Image search: [Google]
fft squires.jpg
108KB, 471x601px
Do any Pathfinder classes play like FFT jobs?
>>
File: Petunia confused 2.jpg (23KB, 219x348px) Image search: [Google]
Petunia confused 2.jpg
23KB, 219x348px
This is a 3.5 thing but I would like to mention this anyways
>Level 10 and just retired my swordsage for story reasons
>Come in with a 2 Fighter/6 Paladin/2 Cavalier
>Party mage is talking about their damage and how awesome their fireball is
>Don't say anything about my deadly charge
>Do some RP stuff, use my diplomacy, knowledge Royalty and Nobility as well as sense motive
>Everything is going fine
>Finally get into combat and I get my chance to charge something
>Do the whole shebang, smite, tremendous charge, deadly charge for a x5 on my damage
>The parties face when I tell the DM I deal 139 damage to the necromancer
My celestial magebred ghost tiger never even got a chance to pounce either
>>
File: Lost Empires of Faerun cover.jpg (554KB, 1600x574px) Image search: [Google]
Lost Empires of Faerun cover.jpg
554KB, 1600x574px
>>50210479
Forgotten Realms, between the Avatar Crisis and the Spellplague.

>>50211208
One of the players had a Paladin of Helm, so he made being vigilant LG.

>>50211273
Fantasy in urban areas mostly, but it can also go to seafaring or plane hopping.

>>50213319
Play a Mutation Warrior. That way, you're always angry.
>>
>>50213319
See>>50213540
Play a Mutation Warrior, ask to refluff drinking the mutagen as becoming enraged or "entering a combat trance"
>>
File: 1377704271144.png (145KB, 236x289px) Image search: [Google]
1377704271144.png
145KB, 236x289px
>>50213540

>That spoiler

DAMN STRAIGHT I'M ALWAYS ANGRY, YOU STEERS AND QUEERS GET ME ALL FLUSTERED WITHOUT RELEASE.

GOSH.
>>
>>50211383
He reads grimy old tomes he has found, either from ancient ruins or just the bottom of the stacks in his church's massive library. He then gets high and attempts to come up with creative new ways to apply this old information or make connections with previous things he has come to understand.

He's not very effective at it, but a caster in a more-or-less full martial party working at optimal efficiency just feels wrong.
>>
>>50213495
In what way specifically do you mean?
>>
>>50213577
Where would you find Mutation Warriors in 3.0 Faerun?

I could see some Drow, Duergar, Thayans, and Shadovar experimenting on slaves to make them better warriors.

The Gnomes and Halruuans also have enough alchemical knowledge, and their Fighters might do it willingly.
>>
>>50213004
The only name I can find for a mongolian hat is a "toortsog" which doesn't seem to bring up the type of hat you're looking at.

Though I have also seen the type of hat in your picture described as a "winter toortsog" (though yours has some flap-y things that come down to cover the neck and ears).
>>
File: 1472089785510.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472089785510.png
78KB, 282x300px
How do I make a Stalker (Brutal Slayer) that can reasonably compete against more martially-focused builds? This is my first time making a stealth-focused melee fightan build and I just don't know where to start.
>>
>>50211383
She challenges strangers on the road to a "friendly" duel and when she wins, she proceeds to rip out their heat and eat it.
>>
>>50213765
Take the Bushi class template and trade another school.

Take the Critical Edge and Brutal Ambush talents.

The example NPC traded Primal Fury for Elemental Flux.
>>
File: oho.jpg (49KB, 432x537px) Image search: [Google]
oho.jpg
49KB, 432x537px
>>50213915
>heat
Sexy.
>>
File: smugduck.png (20KB, 683x538px) Image search: [Google]
smugduck.png
20KB, 683x538px
>>50213915
>rip out their heat and eat it.
She must be quite the cunning linguist
>>
File: 1275624587414.jpg (38KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
1275624587414.jpg
38KB, 439x480px
>>50213955
>>50213996
I-I meant heart, don't get the wrong idea!
>>
>>50214008
It's to late, she's an amazon warrior now
>>
File: smirking welshman.jpg (13KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
smirking welshman.jpg
13KB, 187x269px
>>50214008
You say heart, but we know what you really want.
>>
File: 1455878327756.jpg (91KB, 515x683px) Image search: [Google]
1455878327756.jpg
91KB, 515x683px
>>50214008

Oh we know exactly what you meant, anon-senapi.

Conquering total stranger on the road, and forcing them to give their entire body to her base desires... How FILTHY.
>>
>>50214008

Is your character a Skinwalker or Catfolk, by any chance~?
>>
File: this pleases the fey.gif (912KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
this pleases the fey.gif
912KB, 400x300px
>>50214008
>>50214081
Even better, she should be some kind of cervid
>>
File: 06.png (523KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
06.png
523KB, 750x750px
>>50214081
No.
>>
>>50213955
You just reminded me to look up and read Tonnura-San.

So far I am not disappointed.
>>
File: 1418538195179.jpg (83KB, 629x672px) Image search: [Google]
1418538195179.jpg
83KB, 629x672px
>>50214108

>tfw you will never satisfy an insatiably aroused cervid in heat
>>
>>50214111

A-Anon, you do know that foxes are infamous for their sexual promiscuity, yeah? I mean, there's a reason "vixen" is synonymous with "yo I wanna bone her.""
>>
>>50214151
Go to /k/, they seem to be doing well at that.
>>
File: 1456935701302.jpg (39KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1456935701302.jpg
39KB, 472x472px
>>50214189

THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S HUNTING SEASON
>>
File: 1275109246488.jpg (9KB, 210x251px) Image search: [Google]
1275109246488.jpg
9KB, 210x251px
>>50214171
Of course I do, that's how she lures them! Who would deny a cute girl a friendly duel?
>>
>>50213765
Take Bushi class template and take the Honor Bushido or Brutal Ambush as your 3rd level Stalker Art. Take Power Attack at third, and then take Extra Stalker Art at 5th for the other art you skipped. Beyond that, I'd say Furious Focus or Martial Charge would be the next highest priority feat at 7th. Other Stalker Arts to consider would be Brutal Assault if you full attack a lot, Critical Edge, Evasion if you feel you really need it, and Ki Vampirism at 11th.

Use mostly Mithral Current with Reaching Blade Stance, Tidal Blade, Dual Crash/Rapid Current as your multi hits, and for counters, either Flowing Current if you can stack Agile Dancer with Wisdom in the Flesh to get Wis to Perform (Dance) or Calm the Storm if you can't. Iron/Silver Wave are great for both their range and their silver vulnerability save.

Veiled Moon has fantastic utility through Fading Leap, Ghostwalk and Stance of the Ether Gate, and Fading/Flicker Strike provide great tactical movement.

I'd recommend traiting/traditioning into Riven Hourglass for Minute Hand, Time Skitter and Temporal Body Adjustment.

You technically get both Broken Blade and Primal Fury, but those are often seen as "problem disciplines". I can't really comment on Primal beyond the strikes and boosts with static bonuses to damage on a charge are great(too great) damage if you like charging. Broken Blade has the Bronze Knuckle boost and Flurry/Steel Flurry Strike which are all fantastic if your GM won't hate you for using them.

(cont).
>>
>>50214215

Yo you slick little willy, you glorious bastard you, keep doing whatever your perv ass is doing!
>>
>>50214008
And here I was thinking you misspelled hair... which is even more awkward than heart.

Just some crazy woman ripping clumps of hair out by the handful then nomming it like some psychopath.
>>
>>50213765
>Brutal slayer

It's not going to be that had to keep up.
Pump str, with wisdom second.
Take bushi to have a workable recovery method.

Swap a discipline for Fool's Errand because you benefit a lot from the absurd strength and the ability to get a rogue talent to boost Climb. (You can get a ninja trick for climb for a +8 to climb checks, or the rogue talent that lets you double roll climb and take the higher, but only one of them. The former is better mathematically.)

The third level stance is also fantastic for you when combined with the stance that lets you brutal strike a flatfooted creature, since now everything you attack is flatfooted.
>>
>>50210479

When you think of the archetypal fighter, Like the raw essence of what a fighter should be.

How would you build that?
>>
File: Ranger PCs.png (185KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger PCs.png
185KB, 1280x1024px
>>50214189
>>50214201
>>
>>50214333
Zweihander Sentinel
>>
>>50214242
>>50213765
>>50213765
Other discipline stuff that is good/I like: Elemental Flux stances are fun due to their versatility, Energy Hammer (water/earth) is a great debuff. Shattered Mirror's Reflected Blade Style boost is really nice for killing multiple people and it's 3rd level stance is supposedly a good buff as it remains when out of the stance. Silver Crane has good 3rd/5th/6th stances as well, particularly if the campaign has a lot of Evil and Enduring Crane Strike and Silver Knights Blade are really handy if nobody else can heal.

As for weapons, nodachi is probably the best out of the gate with falchion and katana if you want the flavor/ability to use one-handed. The one-handed thing might come up if you ever get grappled, so it's worth some consideration. Keen is probably the first thing you want to get after the +1, as it proc's your brutal stikes more.

You'll likely have trouble picking a first level feat since all of the feats you really want you don't qualify for until third. If you're using Broken Blade, take Weapon Group Adaptation for whatever you end up using your main weapon group (probably heavy blades).

Luckily this lack of need for the first level feat makes race choice really open. Oni-Spawn Tiefling, Half-Giant, Dreige, Skinwalker (standard), Wulfkin (from Bloodforge), Eireman, or Kumiho are all great choices as they give +Str/Wis.
>>
>>50214242
Are you 2hu?
>>
>>50214356
Nope, just a nigga whose played a level 5 through 12 Brutal Slayer Bushi before and learned a lot about it.

Is that a compliment or an insult?
>>
File: Firion_Dissidia.png (452KB, 500x724px) Image search: [Google]
Firion_Dissidia.png
452KB, 500x724px
>>50214333
Some kind of switch-hitter. Bastard sword or some kind of axe, a big longbow, and a buckler. and on his back a huge golfbag of weapons

Usually in my mind he starts to resemble Firion in his Disdidia adaptation
>>
File: Caseyjonesgrim.jpg (113KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
Caseyjonesgrim.jpg
113KB, 500x686px
>>50214382
So... uh. Casey Jones?
>>
>>50214450
>yfw Casy Jones is the perfect fighter.
>>
File: 1444583056450.png (564KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1444583056450.png
564KB, 500x738px
>>50214369

I'm not that anon (I'm the one you were responding to, actually) but thank you so much for that information. I was planning to go a completely different direction with the character before you came along~
>>
>>50214450
Goongalah, muthafucka
>>
>>50214333
In a different system where fighters don't get shit on.

I love the fighter, have since 2e, but 3.PF just isn't the game for them to shine in.
>>
File: 1470371008112.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1470371008112.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>50211551
>>
File: 854262-fighter.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
854262-fighter.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>50214382
>>50214333

A weapon for every situation, Bastard sword for basic threats, A few elemental enchanted weapons, Adamentine axe for hardness, A mithral spear, Dagger in an easy to reach spot for the inevitable grapple, Long bow for those pesky flying foes, and those troublesome caverns and gorges. Bunch of Alchemical tools. Buckler, or small shield. Possibly a dancing shield.

i want this guy to be real.
>>
File: 1455059859403.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1455059859403.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Hey, nerds.

Tell me about characters you want to play or want to play with.
>>
>>50214681
I want to play a time displaced soldier stuck in Golarion and having to rely on their wits and skill in a world they don't understand.

but that's unlikely to ever jive.
>>
>>50214681

I want to play a synergist witch, but I'm afraid if I play a full caster people will think I'm a powergamer and my usual group (when they play pathfinder) hates tier 1/2 classes anyway.

Otherwise, I'd love to play a mystic--probably an aurora soul, even if they're strictly worse than normal mystics, they just look really fun.

And a metal wizard with all the technologist feats.

And I haven't had much luck with finding other games, so.
>>
>>50214681

I always wanted to play a stealth focused rogue. but i've never gotten the opportunity. I'm always the GM.
>>
File: 278485.jpg (775KB, 3240x2175px) Image search: [Google]
278485.jpg
775KB, 3240x2175px
>>50214681
I want to play a Blood Alchemist!
>>
File: 1444581352176.jpg (36KB, 380x438px) Image search: [Google]
1444581352176.jpg
36KB, 380x438px
>>50214774

>absurdly self-conscious about playing a powerful witch
>>
>>50214833

If it helps, anon, said witch is probably going to be pleasant, proud, and confident; I planned to take improved familiar on her to get a celestial version of a stand familiar, probably a thrush because they're adorable and flight is pretty good on a synergist witch. That or a cat or fox for the obvious reasons.
>>
>>50214824
Actually, with the new options in the Creation Sphere Handbook, you can be much closer to an FMA alchemist than with a Paizo Alchemist
>>
>>50214575
>>50214450
>>50214382
There's actually a few simple ways to do this by doubling up on damage types that weapons do.

Feats are a bit more of a concern... but lets use firion as an example - you want a bow for long range combat (lets make it compound and adaptive) you can have a few different types of arrow head to modify damage. You want something for closer range (lets take a rope-dart and combine it with hamatula strike so you can move things towards you). You want a nice big bludgeoning weapon (lets take a morning star because it can be used two-handed and it's B & P). We also need a slashing weapon for onehanded, so lets grab a longsword because they're pretty decent

Lets also grab a greatsword to cover slashing (and because it also tends to be one of the most consistent DPR weapons in 3.5/pf). Lets also take a Bec-de-corbin for reach and brace properties to counteract any big enemies that like to charge or are mounted.

A shield is necessary, but most come with some kind of shit disadvantages, so lets just take a buckler, because it allows us to wield any of our weapons without issues (beyond a -1 to attack rolls).

We could probably mix in a spiked gauntlet and a dagger of some sort to cover all 3 damage types in the light category.
>>
File: 1445377178819.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445377178819.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>50214858

Nah, I know what you meant, you absurdly sexy bastard you. Make that witch and make her good, anon!
>>
>>50214874
What about forgoing the buckler, and taking that one Style feat line that lets us use a spiked gauntlet at a buckler?
>>
>>50214886
He's an Aasimar.
>>
>>50214900

If I could find a group that'd let me, I would. Alas; my usual group doesn't like pathfinder that much.

Maybe I'll get lucky though. HOpe only ends when you let it, after all.
>>
>>50214905

>tfw girlish boys are usually the ones drowning in pussy

You've got your plan down solid, anon! Good luck!
>>
>>50214111
>that token

Are you 2hu?
>>
>>50214903
I'm not sure about that. With ~ 7 weapons (spiked gauntlet, gladius, longsword, morningstar, greatsword, bec de corbin, rope dart and composite bow) feats will probably be at a premium.
>>
>>50214930

Where is that picture from? The girl is really, really cute!
>>
>>50214681
Psychic Armory. Flying energy blades are cool.

Small-sized stronk brawler or kung fu master throwing much larger foes over the horizon.

Old vampire in an unassumingly young body. Basically 500 years old loli. No femdom included, just excessive pride and detachment.

Sentinel with a heavy armor, bigass shield, oversized sword and a sense of duty. Go big or go home.

Some kind o psion.

All girls, some probably traps. I have also noticed that aasimars and tieflings are so good they sneak in most of my builds lately.

>>50214867
I feel you. This place has changed me. Or maybe just unleashed what was already there.
>>
>>50214946
Pretty sure that kitsune is male, anon.

That one's not even a trap. Just a young man.
>>
File: 1448726102088.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1448726102088.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>50214976

O-Oh, w-well you can never tell too well with those anime types ;_;
>>
>>50214467
Casey jones being the perfect fighter is amazing.
>>
What's the highest AC attainable by a PC?
>>
>>50215011

Uh depends on a lot of fucking factors like

A) Point buy #
B) Is words of power allowed
C) Is mythic allowed
D) Is other players buffing the player allowed
E) Do you mean for 1 round or permanently or what
>>
File: 1460918452354.png (91KB, 408x327px) Image search: [Google]
1460918452354.png
91KB, 408x327px
>>50214201
>Group is mostly casual players
>Try to balance yourself around them
>They constantly forget their attack bonuses, saves and how their classes/spells work
>Party is gradually having a harder time with enemies as we level
>My face when I have to take off my limiter and build a powerhouse to mitigate the threat of my party dying
Is anyone in a situation like this? At first I played a swordsage for fun and threw people around for fun, but recently I switched to a cavalier so I can one shot enemies and bosses and I'm super tanky so I always charge in and take the brunt of the attacks
>>
>>50215059

I want to make that Kitsune a mother!
>>
>>50215038
Highest on a single character. So 25 point buy, mythic, no other players, duration doesn't matter, no words of power.
>>
File: DUnMeshWhat.png (223KB, 405x797px) Image search: [Google]
DUnMeshWhat.png
223KB, 405x797px
>consider asking GM whether I can get a house rule to trade a revelation in order to make my tiger companion intelligent, using the Int scaling of a Familiar, maybe with empathy and being treated as a magical beast for sake of if it can speak
>immediate jokes about being a catfucker

I was just asking, man
>>
>>50215063

Why not roll a class that's good in a support role, rather than just powergaming a superman? That way you can sort of make up their deficiencies and everyone can have fun.

If I were a casual player and didn't really get it, I'd probably find one player going completely apeshit with an OP character to "protect the party" more of an annoyance than a relief.
>>
File: CjP2woUUYAA_sjL.jpg (69KB, 600x815px) Image search: [Google]
CjP2woUUYAA_sjL.jpg
69KB, 600x815px
>>50215017
>Are any of them maids?
No, but now that I think of it, Erika from Shadowverse really appeals to me on some level and she's basically a battle maid bodyguard protecting a busty princess while harboring ambigous feelings for her. I also really like her design. Could probably make some kind of ZweiSent in her likeness.
>>
File: tumblr_ld99w8SaY61qe4965o1_500.jpg (65KB, 494x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ld99w8SaY61qe4965o1_500.jpg
65KB, 494x380px
>>50214874

I love it!
>>
>>50215129

what a fucking WAIFU
>>
File: cat_head.png (109KB, 476x696px) Image search: [Google]
cat_head.png
109KB, 476x696px
>>50215072
>>
File: 1476834274412.jpg (271KB, 667x667px) Image search: [Google]
1476834274412.jpg
271KB, 667x667px
>>50215103
Well as it is right now it seems to be working fine since the other complained about not being able to do anything cause they're getting harassed, and the DM is painfully aware my character is a one trick pony so after the initial charge where I blow someone up, he has various ways to bog me down or prevent charges, so I transition to a tank role and my mount takes the role of damage dealer for me so the rest of the party can position themselves for flanking or the mages can prepare their spells.

So it seems like people are rather fine with it for now since they can be more active or mobile. So with that I act as a initiator/tank
>>
So I'm GMing a game for some friends and I'm thinking of adding a house rule for certain tougher enemies. Note, I am not an experienced GM so this may be a thing and I just didn't know

Basically, I want to add a second AC for stronger monsters. If the lower of the 2 ACs is reached, you deal half damage rounded down, if you reach the second AC, then you do full normal damage.

Decent idea? Shit idea?
>>
>>50215063
>>50215072
by the way, /a/ has raws of new meshi
it doesn't look good
>>
>>50214681
Mix of 3.5/PF. Drow Noble Sorceress in the vein of "The Killer Gnome" shadowcrafter build.
I had a good backstory for her involving drow noble house politics too and an endgame quest about her trying to attain lichdom and participating in demon lord shenanigans
>>
File: Kobold_shaman.jpg (78KB, 719x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kobold_shaman.jpg
78KB, 719x1000px
Hey /pfg/, can you give me 1 or 2 easy hooks for an adventure involving evil druids?

I planned an adventure for my friends, to let them try for the first time Pathfinder:
From the local city, they get a request to toss away all the alchemical failures in a cave nearby. That cave is populated by kobolds, who use the sludge to counter the rampant growth of plants in their house. But a very big tree surprises them by choking the population with its roots. Then the party goes basically upstairs, finds this big tree with an evil druid working on it.

What else could be used, aside from Feys? i did read a bit about Albino druids from Nidal, but i'm still stumped on how to continue the adventure and give it a logical flow.
Also, who knew kobolds were so cute.
>>
File: yretery.jpg (145KB, 599x743px) Image search: [Google]
yretery.jpg
145KB, 599x743px
>>50215274
The druids are being mysterious.
>>
File: 7487736.png (43KB, 615x719px) Image search: [Google]
7487736.png
43KB, 615x719px
>>50215222
What about the loli daughter of Satan?
She likes to use the peoples elbow and the stone cold stunner in the fighting game she's featured in
>>
File: dd-thief.png (4MB, 2687x3445px) Image search: [Google]
dd-thief.png
4MB, 2687x3445px
>>50214681
>>50214786

YOu know what, i rarely play rogues either. I think i'd enjoy it.
>>
>>50215301
Her arms look really weird.
>>
>>50215011
~90, ~60 touch.
>>
>>50215313

Blame Japanese artists from the 90(?)s.
>>
File: 1435339178967.jpg (286KB, 601x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1435339178967.jpg
286KB, 601x1024px
>>50215001
His daughter's super cute though!
>>
File: RemiliaHighres.png (994KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RemiliaHighres.png
994KB, 2000x1000px
How would I best replicate Remilia Scarlet in pathfinder?

I know she's a "vampire" in 2huverse, but I was thinking about making her a tiefling because she has a lot more demonic influence. swapping out the spell like for claws. Sunlight makes her uncomfortable doesn't have any adverse affects, and while she "drinks blood" she claims to be a very light eater and doesn't actually really need it.

Beyond that I was thinking about making her a harbinger. Both to cover the wings and to replicate her ungodly fast movement. I was thinking about dropping a school to add black seraph.

The hardest part to replicate I think is probably the giant fuckoff spear she throws, but as it turns out black seraph may have that covered too.
>>
File: ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>50215175
My character already has a waifu, damnit, he's not so lonely that he has to resort to that! His being a Lunar Oracle, and his ability to shapeshift, don't mean a damn thing!

>>50215260
>New dungeon meshi? OH BABY IT'S TIME
>mfw first image in the raw leak thread

Fuck man, I already felt a little depressed, why you gotta do this to me?
>>
File: LavalForestSprite-TF05-JP-VG.jpg (130KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
LavalForestSprite-TF05-JP-VG.jpg
130KB, 544x544px
>>50214681
I want to play my fire and earth themed Aasimar (archon blooded) Druid named Torch. Every day she finds the most torch like object she can, and uses her continual flame sla to make it a torch for the party. She was raised by a dwarven Druid near Droskar's Crag in the Five Kings mountains. She has developed a belief in maintaining balance in the world through a careful measure of sturdy earth and cleansing fire. A strong willed, kind and loyal party member that occasionally gets lost in the whimsy of nature.

Sadly, I have no group to play her with at the moment.
>>
File: distribution.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
distribution.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
w-what do you think?
>>
>>50215410
So everywhere is Orcs except Asia and Africa?
>>
>>50215222
I actually play one in a Dungeon World game. Not exactly "goth" but she's a young Geister with her older sister's spirit watching over her. Is around 14-15, looks more like 12, tries to be mature but gets easily flustered, especially when someone calls her a child. Sadly, I am not entirely happy with the playbook or how I am roleplaying her. Also, I am getting tired of DW.
>>
>>50215274
>Hey /pfg/, can you give me 1 or 2 easy hooks for an adventure involving evil druids?

Neutral evil rot/fungus druid, infects people with cordyceps. Is a moss lich (but refluffed to fungus theme). Party finds a dead body with fungus sprouting from it, turns out it's a zombie.
>>
File: f10df727ae009eb846fa30b2beff61e3.jpg (450KB, 1928x2633px) Image search: [Google]
f10df727ae009eb846fa30b2beff61e3.jpg
450KB, 1928x2633px
>>50215462

Try Fellowship for PbtA fantasy instead.
>>
>>50215446

The orange and purple aren't as clear as they should be, I think
>>
>>50215462
Nothing wrong with dungeon world but i can see how one tires of it quickly
>>
>>50215405
Charisma is something she just *has* as a 2huverse vampire princess (aka a tiefling), it's not something she builds for. Her build emphasizes her natural power, ungodly speed and claw attacks.
>>
File: Min Maxed Swordsage.gif (3MB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
Min Maxed Swordsage.gif
3MB, 355x200px
>>
>>50215479
I've been told just that some time ago. Presented it to me GM and he liked it on first glance but it didn't go anywhere. I guess our group is in a kind of DW limbo - it's not really "good" but also not bad enough to jump ship immediately. We also had problems with games dying which lead to the "don't change what we have because at least it's still alive" mentality.

Is this how people get stuck with Pathfinder?
>>
any ranged weapons - nearly all 3pp allowed = with an 18-20x2 Crit? Or 19-20, really. Stalker needs his crits.
>>
>>50215636
Crystal Chakrams.
>>
>>50215636

Crossbows
>>
>>50212462
Pathfinder human warlock
>>
>>50215059

I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>50215811
... The Vigilante one? Because if so, are you allowed to use 3pp content? Have you checked Zenith games for the guide specifically on the Warlock Vigilante?
>>
File: SamusMegaman.jpg (139KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
SamusMegaman.jpg
139KB, 750x750px
>>50215836
Are we samusposting now? How do we make samus in pathfinder, armored and zerosuit.

Armored can be fusion edition.
>>
>>50215877

Synthesist Summoner. Her suit's her Eidolon.
>>
>>50215877
Aegis. Armor and skin forms.
>>
>>50215877
Blaster Armorist.

>>50215836
Now Samus, what are you doing wearing Fox's outfit?
>>
>>50215914
I like the idea, but I dont see how it covers things like missiles. I guess flight could represent spacejump and multiple instances of speed + ram could do speed booster.
>>
>>50215869
No link please?
>>
>>50215945
you know, it was literally a thing in 3.5
It's the akashic system but actually well thought out an executed, so it's easy enough to use/learn.

But otherwise if you want missiles your only real choice would be a tech warsoul, using discipline blade shapes and weapon group adaptation to replicate heavy weapons at will.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8693.0
>>
>>50215966
Zenith games guide list is in the pastebin but fuck it: https://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html?showComment=1470777770441#c1356899612779031445
Warlock guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qAYaDl9Iz7yoszTHGF5G7BexiiW4pFIG9DLEEUdA6ro/edit
>>
File: 1403537549995.png (240KB, 440x483px) Image search: [Google]
1403537549995.png
240KB, 440x483px
>>50215877
>Are we samusposting now?

Maybe? We've seen plenty of /pfg/ playing adorably ignorant types, but ara~ara~ MILFy experienced ones? Not a chance.

Heck, I doubt /pfg/ even knows the first thing on how to play that type of character.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 630x420px
Did I just NTR my players?

> Players need access to infested "under city" to obtain (PLOT MECHANISM)
> Only entrance blocked by in breakable Golden Gate owned by resident noblewoman
> Players have to black mail her to get door open
Here is where it gets interesting
> Noblewoman is mid forties but has 28 year old Trophy Fiancé
> Guy is somewhat effeminate, "beautiful" Fencing Fighter. High CHA. Fairly smart
> Thinks wife is cheating on him
> commence sleuthing
> party finds two types of cigaret ash in noblewomans bedroom
Some detective work happens here but long story short
> Noblewoman is cheating on Hueg as fuck Barb
> Dude is basically Macho Man Randy Savage
> Dumb and somwhat incomprehensible, oddly high CHA and WIS
> Offers to open door for party and help them raid undercity if they "Help him snag that of that noble booty"
> It's hinted the Fencer may give a similar offer
> nope.jpg
> party strands Fencer on voyage to ass end of nowhere
> Barb has time now work his CHA magic
> Gladly opens door for party and enters with them

I thought this was funny at first but at least one player is accusing me of going full magical realm. Did I go too far?
>>
File: 1474488327622.png (222KB, 500x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1474488327622.png
222KB, 500x1084px
>>50216006
the fuck am I reading
>>
>>50215992
She's the most straightforward professional LN murderhobo around. It shouldn't be difficult.

Little miss planetbuster takes on massive bounties, and blasts her way into their lairs/bases/hidingplaces, before frying everything involved in a sea of fucking plasma. Then she leaves and collects money.

She performed literal genocide on SR-388 for money. Even when all that was left was a single final larva, which took her for its mother, what did she actually do?

SHE SOLD IT TO SCIENCE, and left happily with her money (for a couple of minutes when suddenly the station came under attack and she had to turn back).
>>
>>50216006

Nah, you didn't NTR the players, the cuckolding occurred through NPCs with nary a PC involvement between them, and the noblewoman's main husband sounds like a proper beta cuck that "deserves" his wife stolen from him.

You did good, anon. You did real good.
>>
>>50215945

Synthesist Summoner could cover missiles via the ability to get SLAs with evolution points.
>>
>>50216006
I don't think several of these words mean what you think they mean.
>>
>>50216037
>Lawful Neutral
>Samus

She's Neutral Good, ya jagoff. She defies the Federation tons of times, and does it to do do what she thinks is right.

Also a lot of the times planets blow up is because a doomsday clock went off after she killed someone. She's not Freeza for christsake.
>>
>>50216037
>>50216087

>tfw you will never be the fuccboi of a Samus analogue
>>
File: sgIKDZC.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
sgIKDZC.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>50216105

Not with that attitude, anon!
>>
>>50216087
>samus
>good
She committed xenocide and blew up a planet man.
>>
>>50216120
Metroids were a threat being exploited by goddamn space pirates.

A threat that was a BIOLOGICALLY ENGINEERED SUPERWEAPON.

And she didn't blow the damn planet up, a bomb just went off after Mother Brain had a missile-induced stroke.
>>
>>50216138
WE WUZ SUPAWEAPONS N SHEIT.

t. metroid apologists
>>
>>50216149
Well they were. They were genetically engineered lifeforms designed by the Chozo specifically to combat the X parasites.
>>
File: 1338674283396.png (610KB, 2363x2133px) Image search: [Google]
1338674283396.png
610KB, 2363x2133px
>>50216006
What the fuck am I even reading?
>>
>>50216212

Anon-senpai please, it's not that hard to follow.

The noblewoman is cucking her husband with a macho man Randy Savage Barbarian.
>>
>>50216250
I ran into a Macho Man Randy Savage Barbarian.

He was an Orc!

I accidentally crit my charge shot which also had a Finishing Move and Psychic Strike on it and blew his head off in the first turn of combat with 60-70 damage.

He got better though.
>>
>>50216087
Defying an organization does not mean you're not lawful. Paladins defy orders from various people all the time, whether it's the tyrant you're about to stab or some law you simply cannot abide by. You also can't go around committing planetary omnicides no matter the threat and still be good - it's one of those "but someone's got to do it" deals.

And no, there comes a point where she has to admit none of this would've blown up if it weren't for her particular brand of interference. Plus after the first handful of times, she not only kept going, but fucking caused a colony-drop in the end.

Once you *KNOW* you're a jinx, it's no longer not your fault.

But she's not purposefully going out of her way to cause them, so she's not evil.
>>
>>50216250
Except unless the husband being cucked is a PC, there is no player being NTR'd
>>
>>50216303

What kind of monster cucks a PC, anyway.
>>
Why has Paizo not made a Druid/Monk Hybrid Class yet
It's such a common and cool build
>>
>>50216105
>tfw she will never shove your face into her downy feather pubes
>>
>>50216289
Except she doesn't abide by a code or anything, she just does what she thinks is right. She operates off her Good/Evil axis, not her Law/Chaos one.

And you can't just go 'well there's a galactic threat, but I can't do anything because a planet's just gonna blow up again', that's asinine.

For one thing, she doesn't KNOW the planet is going to blow up. Correlation does not imply causation. Secondly, everyone on Zebes was already fucking dead, and I'm pretty sure that SR388 having a number rather than a name means it wasn't inhabited by sapient life other than pirates anyway. It was a fucking backwater among backwaters.
>>
>>50210479
You already posted related picture OP
>>
So, say I want to build a Casey Jones style fighter.

How could I make it so they could go through a bag of mundane weapons, but after a swing or two, the weapon breaks (doing a bit of extra damage)?

Maybe they can have a bit of a "throw anything" option only with Hockey pucks, rocks and metal balls they hit with clubs?

I figure, they'd need quick draw at first level as well.
>>
File: 1394047397318.png (3KB, 194x205px) Image search: [Google]
1394047397318.png
3KB, 194x205px
>>50216337

The only reason that meme doesn't make me sad is because Garuda-blooded Aasimar have those, as a rule.
>>
>>50216332
It's called monk 1 / druid 19
>>
Ok so weird question but if caster level boosts like spell specialization work for increasing your undead HD cap, does the salt alchemical reagent also let you exceed your cap if you use it while animating undead?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances#TOC-Salt
>>
>>50216377
You'd need to take enough levels of monk so you can take Monastic Legacy feat.
>>
>>50216386
Naw, I'd rather have more spell casting levels than 3 more levels of monk and a slightly higher unarmed strike.
>>
>>50216394
But, with 3 more levels of Monk, you could get a boat load of Elemental fist, and Combat style feats, evasion, and some other fun.
>>
>>50214333
A fighter always quick to understand his surrounding high wisdom, steady with his weapon good dexterity, and a well toned body decent strength and constitution. His deed and presence do most of the talking shy charisma. He know what he know and that had kept him alive modest intelligence.
>>
>>50216367
There's two items you might like in Gonzo 2.

One is a magic bag which produces a number of improvised weapons for you each day.

Second is the Head Pot of Adequate Trash, which applies weapon enhancements to any improvised weapons you wield. Like an Amulet of Mighty Fists, but for improv.

And then maybe like... a Cad Fighter? I mean, it's not the best archetype, but it's got some Improv stuff in there. Razor-Sharp Chairleg ups the crit range to 19-20, and then you could improved crit that to 17-20. Pretty sure there's a feat that lets you break improv weapons on a crit to do like, bleed damage or extra damage on a crit or something.

>>50216386
>>50216394
Ascetic Style lets nonmonks get the better unarmed damage. With no monk levels.
>>
>>50216377
>>50216332

it's called druid 20 lmao
>>
>>50216439
That's not a monk/druid hybrid. That's just a druid that can fight better than a monk.
>>
File: PZOPDFRGGEMG0010E.jpg (140KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
PZOPDFRGGEMG0010E.jpg
140KB, 612x792px
Anyone looked over the Unchained Fighter? Expecting it to be a steaming pile of disappointment, but there's a one in a million chance it turned out okayish.
>>
File: Le cuckmeister.jpg (1MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
Le cuckmeister.jpg
1MB, 5026x3263px
>>50216328
>>
>>50216416
Cad is pretty good. I like it.

Also, Ascetic Style, can be paired with one of the Genie styles if you stack up Master of Many forms and Monk of the Four Winds.
>>
>>50216377
>>50216386
>>50216439
why not make a class/prestige class devoted to kung fu animuing though rather than having to multiclass for it
>>
>>50216494
Cad's biggest weakness is it doesn't leave you with any Weapon Training, unless your DM rules that Payback works (Since it's the same magnitude of bonus scaling at the same rate).
>>
>>50216332
Because Paizo hates fun.
>>
>>50214681
Dragonborn druid changing into a dragonbear
>>
>>50215977

The amount of phantasy star art that will flood general when starfinder release will be staggering ...
if it's actually good that is
>>
>>50216518
If you really wanted to you could take wildshape monk from dragon magazine and then after level 4 go into master of many forms. It'd work better with wildshape ranger, though.
>>
>>50216488

I honestly don't know how I would react to a DM throwing this guy at our party and winding up killing a waifu.
>>
>>50216367
Casey doesn't break most of his weapons. That would be disrespectful to the equipment.
>>
>>50216338
I agree with the Neutral good axis rather than the lawful neutral axis.

Samus is told "this is a threat and we need someone to go and deal with it" and particularly works against the space pirates a lot of the time.

SR-388 was because the metroids were literally a threat. And she stopped before she committed total xenocide because that pesky good inclination said "this is wrong".

Zebes was because she went to visit the metroid and then found her old colony-murdering space dragon arch-nemesis Ridley there. After the space station blew up, she tracked him to Zebes (where she had previously fought the very HAL-9000 mother brain), where she got suckered into the not-dead mother brains schemes *again*. Mother-brain being the cunt she was had already exterminated the chozo and set up a planet-wide failsafe.

The space-station in metroid fusion was destroyed because of both the X *and* the cloned metroids flipping their shit.

I didn't play enough of the prime games to say anything about how they worked.

I also sort of agree with samus being an aegis, but I'd almost say she's an aegis-soulknife gestalt, or at the very least a metaforge.
>>
>>50216622
The problem with most fighter types is they get one good weapon, and just stick with it. Part of Casey's charm is that he has a whole bag of tricks he pulls out for fun. It would be hard to elicit this sort of action in a character without breaking weapons, and forcing him to switch.
>>
Villains Codex?
>>
File: Gigantic_Tyto_skin_1.jpg (146KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
Gigantic_Tyto_skin_1.jpg
146KB, 1280x842px
Would a blade cape be an interesting weapon to give to a character missing an arm?
>>
>>50216738

Personally, I would get a bitchin' prosthetic, like the mithral arm.
>>
>>50216381
It's not a boost to the spell that carries the name, but a boost to the individual casting of the spell that you use the salt with. It is temporary, and should be treated as such.
>>
>>50216895
Animate dead lasts indefinitely though.
>>
>>50216895
>Duration: instantaneous
>Instantaneous: The spell energy comes and goes the instant the spell is cast
Your caster level is treated as 1 higher in the instant you cast the spell, but then it's right back where it was before, unless you're like a salt elemental (such as Gareth)
>>
>>50216989
It's a boost to the SPELL, not YOU.

The limit is a function of YOU, not an individual casting of the spell.

Even if it DID raise your limit, then said limit would go back down again once the spell was done, so it'd be the same end result.
>>
Is there any good ways to improve tiefling claw attacks? Increased damage dice? Full strength to them?

I'm a natural attack newb, do they even get iterative attacks?
>>
>>50216474
>Augunas

That... that cover pic is his fursona kitsune in human form, right? Exact same hair color and armor...
>>
File: Farewell_fine_cassardi.jpg (56KB, 518x584px) Image search: [Google]
Farewell_fine_cassardi.jpg
56KB, 518x584px
>>50210479

Just before you set out on adventure, Your venerable grandmother aproaches you and gives you a present. She knitted you some clothes to wear!

Its a pair of knit mitten/gloves a fuzzy cloth cloak that itches and an incredibly unheroic cap. All together its little more than Padded Armor, not even masterwork.

She looks at you expectantly, but your friends are watching. What do?
>>
>>50217204

Whatever it is, muscular redheaded chicks are really cute.

I blame Ygritte.
>>
>>50217254
>She looks at you expectantly, but your friends are watching. What do?

Oh this one's easy.

I wear it for the first day of adventure than then change it out for my proper armor.
>>
>>50217254

Cry because I make all my characters orphans. Less GM fuckery.
>>
>>50217301
>Less GM fuckery.

You don't trust your GM to keep your family unmolested?
>>
>>50217309

Not even a little bit. I dont even trust my GMs to leave my loose associates unmolested.
>>
New rule: If your character's an orphan, they starved to death during childhood. Reroll your character.
>>
>>50217330

Well that's a shame, if you can't trust your DM to keep people in your history from being molested, than what sort of DM are they?

DMs that make your family important plot characters are the BEST.
>>
>>50217336

Fine. They died just before my adventuring career happened. I am an only child as well.
>>
>>50217347

Every DM I have had has always used them as the worst possible plot hook ie, they were kidnapped, killed, lost to the void, etc. I am not about that life.
>>
New rules: Your character's ability modifiers can't exceed the number of living relatives you have
>>
>>50217369
Shit, the BBEG killed my family, now all my stats dropped to 11.
>>
>>50217376

Better make new ones to raise your stats
>>
File: 1451346340680.jpg (69KB, 920x380px) Image search: [Google]
1451346340680.jpg
69KB, 920x380px
>>50217376

>He didn't give himself a massive extended family
>>
>>50217369

This is exactly the kind of fuckery I am talking about. Who wants to put up with this?
>>
>>50217391
The DM had the BBEG kill them all after game started.
>>
File: vBoUYxz.png (243KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
vBoUYxz.png
243KB, 490x490px
>>50217401
>The DM had the BBEG kill them all after game started.

All of them?

Tell me, do I look like a Rogarvian to you? A Targaryen? A Stark?
>>
>>50210644
This sounds like the campaign setting from Anima: Beyond Fantasy.
>>
>>50217204
>>50216474

It is the human form. Kitsune form shows up later.

Looking over it now,

Initial notes.
You get Stamina, Advanced weapon training, Advanced armor training for free.

Choosing a weapon group gives you proficiency in the exotic weapons in that group.

You can use Stamina to replicate Martial Flexibility

Pretty much all Archetypes have been updated so they aren't restricted by any changes.

Gimme a while longer to look at it more closely.
>>
>>50217464

It looks like a girl so I'm going to treat it like a girl.

Same with your image.
>>
>>50217394
>>
>>50217482

You can use Stamina to gain Temporary HP, As you level up the Action you take to do it decreases, (Swift, Immediate, Free)

AWT and AAT lists expanded.

Fighters can get their own version of Precise strike.

Two new Weapon Groups
Performance and Primitive

Adds a nice little compendium of weapons in odd ball books. Like the boarding axe and the Double Sling

Aerobatics: Acrobatics for fly.
>>
>>50217566

And the art is terrible.
>>
>>50217580
>>50217566
>>50217482

On the whole?

7-8/10 i'd say.
>>
What is the greatest character you've ever RPed with? It could've been someone you loved to hate, someone you loved to see in action or heck, someone you just wanted to protect the smile of.
>>
What is the best cheap animal
and why is it Bison
>>
>>50217810

Because everyone has played Oregon trail.
>>
>>50216697
Path of war has lightning swap as another step to the quickdraw ability.

Quick draw, dex 15, bab+5, and swapping weapons becomes a free action. Can only swap as many times per round as your dex bonus. +2 CMD vs disarm.

I verymuch understand the 'need' to find a way to swap bonuses around on weapons though because otherwise WBL just fucks you in the ass when you've got 7+ weapons.
>>
>>50217864
That's why I suggested the Head Pot of Adequate Trash. Applies weapon bonuses to all improvised weapons you wield.
>>
>>50217617

There are a few editing mistakes, such as the Racial Weapon Training Feats. They very obviously did one race first, then Copy pasted it for the other races, but didn't completely replace each instance of the first race.

It still makes sense, but it'll make you look twice.
>>
File: 1305073751307.jpg (561KB, 689x1101px) Image search: [Google]
1305073751307.jpg
561KB, 689x1101px
I'll be playing a Core-only campaign soon, and I'm wondering what to do. I thought of a blaster sorcerer, but no Spell Specialization hurts damage output at lower levels (and no Intensified Spell hurts at mid-levels). Would a Core-only enchantments-focused sorcerer work? Arcane or Fey? I've never played something of the sort before, but a character that could be both face/diplomancer and still be useful in combat seems interesting.
>>
>>50218101

And finally for the ungodly cheese that i found there in.

There is a feat that lets you vital strike on a charge. with bonus damage for every 5 you go above the target AC
>>
File: tomo_rebirth.png (82KB, 477x319px) Image search: [Google]
tomo_rebirth.png
82KB, 477x319px
>>50218191
>I'll be playing a Core-only campaign soon
>>
>>50218220
Sorry for being a newbie invited to a newbie-friendly campaign.
>>
>>50218316
Core only is not newbie friendly.

Core only has some of the most overpowered classes and some of the weakest. It practically mandates high optimization and system knowledge otherwise you could end up with the most retarded trap builds ever (as in - literally cannot do the things you might want them to do).

I know it *sounds* newbie friendly if only because it doesn't throw quite as much information and complexity at them, but it really, really isn't.
>>
>>50218364
Oh.

Well then, what optimization should I do for a caster that doesn't involve being jack-of-all-trades with no theme whatsoever?
>>
>>50216684
>because genocide is wrong
No, she thought she'd killed them all, found one last one, it wasn't currently dangerous, so she dumped it in a jar and sold it to science.

Literally. She sold it to science.

In Prime 2 worlds was destroyed as well.
>>
>>50218388

Be a cleric or druid
>>
>>50218397
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Z4bwdxn_Y

You can see her point her fucking plasma murder death hose at the thing and then *not shoot*.

The cull was because of mother brain, and she stopped specifically because the metroid was "child-like" (hey, remember who also had their entire 'family' murdered and was left alone as a child? oh that's right - samus did!). They weren't the hyper-aggressive mindless bio-weapon she initially thought they were.
>>
>>50218409
A little more help? I thought Wizard/Sorceror were strong in Pathfinder, didn't realize they were retarded traps if limited to CRB.

Having to juggle all the spell options every day seems daunting, too.
>>
>>50218465

here's a good primer on what to do with Wizard. or at least something to get you in the right direciton.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab/test
>>
>>50218465
They are, but sorcerer especially can be tricky for a new player, because once you pick your spells you're stuck with them.
>>
>>50218465

Wizard is one of the strongest classes in the game

But they're themeless masters-of-all-trades
>>
>>50218455
I can kinda see anon's point; we don't see here eyes at the moment she decides not to shoot, but maybe they were dollar signs.

She IS a bounty-hunter after all, and we all know "or alive" is often worth much more.
>>
>>50218524
Every subsequent material has elaborated upon her motivations from not killing the infant metroid, even the shit games like other M. Regardless of whether or not she received a 'reward' for it, it was altruistically motivated.

She didn't kill the baby because of her own personal morals, because it was wrong.
>>
>>50218455
Actually the cull was literally a kill contract: Go down to SR-388 and get rid of the metroids. She took the contract.
>>
>>50218549
Only Fusion, where it's "damn, that thing saved my life".

Other-M was... it's trash.

Zero she's just murderfucking the things.
>>
>>50218592
It was a follow-up to the revelation that mother brain wanted to unleash them upon the galaxy. She went in there with 'established' knowledge that these things were bad news, it was only after she murdered her way through almost all of them that she realised 'oh crap, I wasn't entirely correct'.

>>50218595
Chronology is to be considered, prime games happened before return of samus, as did zero mission. Super, other-m and fusion were the games after return chronologically.
>>
File: 1305831583405.jpg (731KB, 1147x1534px) Image search: [Google]
1305831583405.jpg
731KB, 1147x1534px
>>50218476
>>50218483
>>50218497

I've read on good spell picks and such, and sounds like as long as you have a few of the 'almost always useful' spells you're a nice addition to a party. My thoughts are then directed towards where you can go to give your build an extra oomph that someone not specialized wouldn't be able to. CRB only, but we do get freedom with traits for whatever fits.

Or maybe I should just play a paladin since the group (everyone makes 1-2 characters and parties of 5-6 are assembled to go on quests) has one of everything except that.
>>
New Thread
>>50218711
>>50218711
>>50218711
>>50218711
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.