[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 49

File: 27.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
Creatures You'd Have Liked to be Legendary Edition

Old: >>50132766

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: Witch-Maw Nephilim_GP.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Witch-Maw Nephilim_GP.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>50148086
>Creatures You'd Have Liked to be Legendary edition
>>
>>50148121
>Implying that you wouldn't want all the Nephilim to be Legendary.
>>
>>50148086
Nephilims, that 3c cycle from FRF, the big creatures 3c cycle from Alara; basically a lot of stuff.

I'd really like to try and play Ambassador if my group didn't had people that minmaxed sometimes. I fear they would play the most unfun things they could.
>>
Godsire
>>
>>50148121
Witch-Maw is the one nephilim I wouldn't find interesting as a commander. Glint-Eye isn't terribly interesting either.
>>
>>50148086
The limit to just legendary creatures for your commander is bullshit and it's about time that the EDH committee get ride of it.
There really aren't that many would be broken non-legendary commanders, and those specifically could just be banned. But that's I guess too much work for the faggots overseeing the whole thing.
>>
>>50148339
They also have the excuse of Ambassador, "If you really want to play with Hellkite Overlord or Godsire in the Command Zone convice your group to play Ambassador!", they would probably say. But I think there's no lists for banned commanders in that.
>>
>>50148339
I can't find a single part of this post that isn't retarded. Groups are free to play Ambassador with or without the EDH Rules Committee's involvement; the shitstorm around the banlist WOULD be insane, and those "faggots" aren't getting paid for this.
>>
Thinking about buying atraxa and breya, would one of those decks be an alright start? I would love to build atraxa superfriends as my first commander deck.
>>
>>50148491
I am planning the same, and I found out that you are better off buying singles for Atraxa, since you won't use much of the deck if you are making a superfriends deck.
>>
>>50148491
What's your buying power? Planeswalkers aren't generally cheap but if you have an income, then it sounds like that's what you're keen on, so do it.
>>
>>50148339

Kill yourself. Seriously.

I haven't posted on /tg/ in 2 or 3 years and you made me do it. Faggot.
>>
>>50148520
I see, but I already preordered the deck and I want most of the cards for other decks too.
>>
>>50148535
If that's all it took, you're don't have much composure.
>>
>>50148530
I should have enough money to get the planeswalkers I want, I'll see how everything goes and if it isn't possible I just play atraxa counters instead, it's supposed to be mostly for casual anyways since noone in my playgroup plays competitive.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50148086
>Creatures You'd Have Liked to be Legendary
>>
>>50148565
You don't need a whole heap of planeswalkers anyway. You want a solid core of them, but you also want wraths/Propaganda effects/Silent Arbiter effects etc. to prevent your walkers from getting dogpiled, ramp/manafixing, etc. etc.
>>
>>50148555
Reacting to a retarded post like that isn't really a good measure of one's composure.
>>
File: Image.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
139KB, 223x311px
>>50148086
I don't even know how I'd make him viable asode from steel overseer, but Pentavus used to be my favourite card. I'd also really like Stuffy doll, but it'd be goddamn ridiculous.

Also, repeating my request for critique from >>50146845
>>
>>50148703
I'll make sure to get some, thanks.
I already have some stuff lying around to upgrade the out of the box deck and I may try Skytherix, but I'm pretty sure people would not like me for doing that.
>>
File: 046_large.jpg (70KB, 704x515px) Image search: [Google]
046_large.jpg
70KB, 704x515px
>>
>>50148738
>>50146845
>Will my new list help me stand up to 3 to 5 guys, or am I still cruisin' for a bruisin'?
That's too difficult to answer just by looking at the deck and not knowing what your meta looks like. I'm inclined to say this won't keep its hand full enough, or ramp to Jin quickly enough, to fend off three people, no.
>>
>>50148738
Just my opinion, but Jin is a TERRIBLE commander. He costs too much, his ability is so threatening that people will see him and immediately target you off the board.

If you wanna play mono blue that can withstand a large boardstate, try out Kira, Great Glass-Spinner or if you wanna be more fun, Sakashima the Imonster is a great commander card. A repeatable clone with a return to hand mechanic.
>>
>>50146845
You need Reality Shift, Pongify, those 2CMC or less instant speed removals since putting one of them on Scepter would be extra nice.

Also you plan winning by mass bounce? Capsize up in that shit. Also some way to make infinite blue mana too.
>>
I'm toying with an idea.
Suggestions?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-hate-blue-4/
>>
>>50147739

To the anon who has a Yasova and City of Shadows and asked about how to build her--

I have a Yasova deck that I've been playing around with for a little while and honestly it's pretty difficult to actually get value off of her because of all the restrictions around her. I think the best cards that work with Yasova are Evolutionary Leap and Eldritch Evolution. Evolutionary Leap because it can come down before Yasova and Eldritch Evolution because it's real strong.

Honorable mentions to Natural Order (the color restriction hurts a little), Birthing Pod (can be fun / great but I don't like the inconsistency and it isn't that great if you haven't built your own deck around it and you can't steal anything), Greater Good (it's just green goodstuff, but I don't like that it costs 4 and because of Yasova's power restriction it isn't consistent value), Life's Legacy (it's just ok. definitely not a bad one), Barrin / Bazaar Trader / Jalira (cute and fun but unimpressive effects in the end).

For buffing Yasova to steal more creatures, I've had a surprising amount of success with Hero's Blade. Absolutely nobody ever bats an eye when I play it and it flies under the radar. Giving Yasova +3 power for no equip cost is amazing. Wolfir Silverheart can be pretty good as well but it's significantly slower.

I wouldn't build with too much of a focus on strictly buffing Yasova's power to steal creatures. It isn't good or reliable enough in my experience.

Xenagod is a fun inclusion, but remember his ability wouldn't double Yasova's in time to have an effect on her stealing.

Also remember that you don't have to pay for Yasova's stealing until the ability resolves, when it's too late for an opponent to react. So when it comes time to steal something, call the trigger and name your target and wait for response / no response before tapping to pay for her ability. Sometimes you can force people to get rid of their own creatures or burn a protection spell for free.
>>
>>50148928
No Ogre's Cleaver to boost?
>>
>>50148924
>hates blue
>wants to do blue stuff outside blue
So... you hate, like, the literal color blue?
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50148086
Chromanticore for gods.dec
>>
>>50148982
I don't actually hate blue, but the concept is that this deck hates blue. Just the color blue.
>>
>>50148738
Don't listen to >>50148867, Jin can be a fine commander.

But your decklist is terrible. You have way too many counterspells. Tell me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing your plan is to try to counter everything your 3 opponents play to keep yourself safe? That's not a strategy that's going to work.

You should cut your suite of counterspells down to only the most efficient ones (counterspells that cost very little or are free, ones that replace themselves, ones that are versatile) and then in game focus on just countering the thing that will kill you.

You also need more artifact ramp. As much artifact ramp as you can stuff in there because Jin Gitaxias IS very expensive and you shouldn't be surprised when the table tries to remove him as quickly as they can. You want the mana to recast him when he gets to costing 12 or more mana.

I'm not sure what your wincon or your goal is.
>>
>>50148970
The equip cost is too high.
>>
File: Ethersworn Adjudicator_CFX.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ethersworn Adjudicator_CFX.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>50148086
This feller
>>
File: kynaios[1].jpg (162KB, 685x381px) Image search: [Google]
kynaios[1].jpg
162KB, 685x381px
FUCKING SERIOUSLY?

Wizards is totally voting for Hillary, and they're probably financed by George Soros.
Cuck: The Cuckening.
>>
>>50149096
As opposed to other blue commanders?

Jin costs too much, has no protection, and eats removal as soon as he hits the board. He's passable if you're play every expensive mana rock (mana Vault, Grim Monolith, ect) but he easily paints you as a target. In a meta where people go tall instead of wide, I just don't think he's decent enough to use as a commander in that environment.

I had a deck with Jin at the helm before, and I didn't get much success with him. Then I replaced him with Sakashima and the deck played a lot easier without the constant target over my head.
>>
File: Field of Dreams_LG.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Field of Dreams_LG.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
Have you dropped $$$ on solid tech recently?
If so, on what deck?
>>
File: woodie.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
woodie.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50149274
i haven't ordered him yet but i'm thinking of getting this guy for a friend's glissa deck for christmas
>>
>>50149312
I just snorted while taking a sip of coffee
>>
>>50148928
Sounds swell. I'm kinda on the edge with it though, since I have nearly finished Kraj and waiting for Yidris. Still, I'm in love with her, but really am not sure about her. I feel like I have all the relevant goodstuff staples in Kraj, besides C. Sphinx and that persist noncreature counter-er.

I might take Kraj apart at some point though, to build her, but I fear it might end up too much of a goodstuff deck, and besides, many of the Kraj staples are pretty much exclusive to his strategy, like Thornling and Morphling, which I have a judge foil of and desperately want to use it.

Still, there are cards such as Master Biomancer which work wonders with Yasova. It's just that I would like to have a creature heavy deck in those colours, since pretty much only such decks I have are Ghave and Ayli. I tend to run only a few creatures. I got a Bladewing too, but I play it once in a blue moon, since it's pretty boring.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50149274

Does this have any use???
>>
>>50148855
>>50148867
I also have Lu Xun in my maybe-board as an alternate commander. Glass spinner would be a wet dream, but my group is pretty strict on proxies of cards you don't own, and I'm currently dishing out for my green deck. A Reliquary Tower shuts down jin's most obvious offense, which if I explain, I hope will take some heat off me, but if it still gets hated on, how big of a wimp is lu xun?

>>50148876
All of 3 possible targets for isochron exist, as far as can tell: pongify, rapid hybridisation, and reality shift. I'll have to look into my collection and what my LGS has lying around and run a couple if I can.

>>50149096
Pretty much. It's built around how my local meta barters in fuck huge dudes and most spells being cast being viable counterspell targets. I need a tonne of cards to do it but my only way of surviving is to meet each 8 mana expenditure for 3, which is why I focus on two card drawing commanders. I do need more ramp, I just don't have much handy, as of current, and was probably gonna pick up what I could from my lgs later.
>>
>>50149216
Are they canon gay? I know that the old lady in kaladesh is canon lesbian.
>>
>>50149390
it's not that great but hell if you wanna put it into your deck then do it
>>
>>50149400
Yup, they're the Guardians of Meletis; which we knew were gay.
>>
>>50149224
Alright I'll bite this once but I don't think anything I say will change your mind or even give you any insight into my perspective.

Yes, Jin is very expensive. 10 mana isn't that difficult to reach and 8 of that is colorless, which gives you some more freedom in its source.

No protection is hard but it can be worked with / played around. Jin at least has Flash which gives you a lot of room for when to actually cast him. Yes he will likely eat removal but that isn't much more of a weakness than any other creature has. Not everyone will be prepared 100% of the time, and you should have counter magic or something to back Jin up once you have him hit the field.

There are other mono blue commanders who are better than Jin but that was never really a point of contention. He's not (CAPSLOCK) terrible. Unless we're trying to win every GP EDH side event here, he's fine.
>>
>>50149400

that hand... they're pushing it way too much
>>
>>50149433
I didn't notice the hand until you said it.
>>
>>50149433
>>50149443

It's pretty gay. Like, literally gay.
>>
>>50148086
Hmmm, Soulfire Grand Master + Mana Geyser gives potentially infinite Red mana.
>>
>>50149329
I'm in love with her too. To be completely honest there are plenty of games that I've won where I never cast Yasova. The deck I'm running now would probably be better helmed by Surrak Dragonclaw just for the protection he gives my creatures from counter spells, so take anything I say with that in mind, but so far I've stuck with Yasova.

I tried Master Biomancer in Yasova for a while but I was finding that he wasn't doing enough on his own and eventually I cut him. Definitely try him out yourself though and see what you think. I had Murkfiend Liege in near the start as well.

Stubborn Denial has also been an all-star. By the time I'm trying to win and people are trying to stop me, I'll certainly have a board with at the very least one creature that turns on Ferocious for Stubborn Denial.

Shaman of the Great Hunt is another great card for drawing and for making your dudes bigger. The fact that he has haste makes him that much better.

Temur is real nice for being creature heavy, but I'll say that that it does get hard justifying running Yasova over someone like Surrak or Animar, and I've won so many games using Xenagod that I've considered cutting blue and going Gruul. Still, if you like Yasova I encourage you to give it a shot yourself and see how things turn out for you.

Pathbreaker Ibex is another all star. Haste enablers are pretty important as well. I swing out for a lot of my wins. I use Temur Ascendancy, Fires of Yavimaya, and Urabrask but Anger, Boots/Greaves, maybe Sarkhan can be helpful too.

>>50149394
I'll just say that Jin will be very difficult to play without enough artifact ramp.

It's hard for me to give advice on your deck when you're tailoring it to counter your meta since I have no experience playing with 'em.

If you really want to stick to mono-blue and just counterspelling people, Talrand is pretty straightforward and cheap(?) and it will at least give you dudes to swing and kill people with.
>>
File: ENTER THE DRAGONCLAW.png (114KB, 262x215px) Image search: [Google]
ENTER THE DRAGONCLAW.png
114KB, 262x215px
>>50148928
Can confirm all these things about Yasova.
Hero's Blade is MVP, honorary mentions include Mask of Avacyn and Mage Bane Armor.

Yasova is weird because you want enough of a balance between Voltron, Sac Outlets, Treason Effects and Control to be useful. Your biggest problem will be keeping her on the board, but if you can keep her out and actually get value out of stealing you're in a good place.

I have mixed feeling on Evolutionary Leap
a. It only puts a creature in your hand
b. 9/10 times I flip through half my deck to find Boon Satyr

Trading Post is great for the value, Shifting Loyalties can be a godsend, Conjurers Closet is too good not to run.
>>
>>50149216
who cares, I'm still gonna play them, I'm gonna use hot pink sleeves, and I'm gonna call the deck 4c Buttbuddies
>>
>>50143304
I also play the morph dork and vorinclex though.

Of the cards you listed the only ones I don't play are, Goblin Matron, Sakashima and Man'o'War.

>Goblin Matron
I only play one goblin, and it's not worth tutoring for. So this would be awful.

>Sakashima
Costs UU, a straight up clone isn't worth UU, it has to do much more to be worth it. If you get it for its ninjutsu, it still costs 2 mana, and you usually want to grow your board before combat so you can swing for tons of damage.

>Man'o'War
I don't play any bounce effects because it breaks Animar way too hard. I don't want infinite combos. Bounce effects go infinite really really easily. Still, for a proper Animar deck you want tons of bounce. So you can return your Peregrine Drake etc to your hand.

As for fun plays, you could possibly already know these things but some fancy stuff I like doing:
Playing Myojin of Seeing Winds, drawing 20 cards, playing a clone for U as a copy of Myojin, it comes into play with a divinity counter on it.. Draw 20 more. Clones enter with Divinity counters since you cast it from your hand.

Sometimes I also discard Myojin of Seeing Winds / Jin-Gitaxias / Vorinclex to Fauna Shaman, tutoring for Body Double or an Artisan if I have enough counters, always fun.

Generally though the deck is just "Puke entire deck onto battlefield", like most non combo Animar decks, I guess.
The deck usually wins by playing my entire library into the battlefield and sacrificing creatures through Thermopod and killing everyone through Stalking Vengeance / Rage Thrower / Purphoros triggers.
>>
>>50149765
For Yasova I'm really only looking for sac outlets that give me something I can't just get more easily some other way, which is maybe a testament to how bad Yasova is.

Evolutionary Leap is cheap and gives you a creature in exchange for someone else's, but really if it cost more than 2 mana I probably wouldn't use it.

I don't like Mask of Avacyn, Mage Bane Armor, Boon Satyr, or Shifting Loyalties. I ran Conjurer's Closet for a long time but every time it would sit in my hand and just be a dead card. I might have just been obscenely unlucky with it though. I think it's a nifty card but I'm uncertain about how good it really is. My gripe with it is that you really need to run some more ETB creatures of your own so that Conjurer's Closet isn't only useful with Yasova's stealing (which is unreliable).

Trading Post is cute but I don't think it's great.

Definitely agree with you on the difficulty balancing deck out. I'm pretty light on control and treason effects outside of Yasova-- if I want to steal something I want to rely on my commander for that rather than occupying precious deckslots with it.
>>
>>50149433
Yeah the hand ruins it. I wouldnt even give a fuck about them being gay, but that hand just makes it too in your face for me.
>>
>>50148086
I can't help but feel the five cost hybrid "gods" of shadowmoor should have been legendary. With the RB one as an exception that would have needed aditional rules text to exclude it from the legendary rule.
>>
>>50149852
>hot pink sleeves

Patrician taste.
>>
File: 7.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>50148086
Mono blue sucks, but damn she would make a fun artificer commander.
>>
>>50149660
Thanks for the tips, I'll be posting the decklist if I ever get around building her.
>>
File: 1477608160483.jpg (100KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1477608160483.jpg
100KB, 670x503px
>>50148398
>>50148454
Maybe I love under a rock, or maybe I'm just a faggot, but what the hell is Ambassador?
>>
>>50150025
and she has great art
>>
>>50150025
She is fun in modern mono U tron.
>I activate Master Transmuter, return Sundering Titan to my hand, putting Sundering Titan into play
>>
>>50149966
The secret of the Closet is that it gives YOU control of the creature when it reenters, which is nifty if the opponent is running a lot of EtB.
(Also the best play I've done with it was flicker my own Zealous Conscripts to Evolutionary Leap my opponents Commander on my end step.)

Her Equipment really depends on your meta. The added toughness for the Mask and Armor is really icing on the Protection.

Shifting Loyalties I will actually insist you try again. There will be times when it's 6mana in your hand other times you'll be trading Tokens for Bombs and Manarocks for Swords
>>
Does anyone ever talk about standard on this board or is the meta too boring?
>>
>>50150151
Yes
>>
>>50150151
i have no clue, ive been looking for a thread for weeks now
>>
>>50148086
People on xmage saying [no control, derevi,sen triplets] in a edh game, childs if you don't know how to play, don't play
>>
>>50150051
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ambassador+format+mtg
>>
>>50150025
I'm literally brewing a Breya deck full of cute artificers, I just can't let this chance of usig Sydri, Hanna, and master Transmuter in the same deck.
>>
>>50150199
>no control
What is this shit supposed to mean? No control at all? Like, no removal either?
>>
>>50148086
The entire Fate Reforged mythic creature cycle.

Brutal Hordechief would've been the most fucking fun commander.
>>
Oh, this is easy, arch fiend of depravity or body snatcher would be hilarious. I think Deathrite shaman would be amazing too.
>>
>>50150143
I know what Conjurer's Closet does, it's just that it costs 5 and there have tended to be other things I want to be doing with that 5 mana. It doesn't help that much if you're behind on the board which is where I was seeing it dead in my hand most of the time.

I really don't like Mask and Armor. I'll concede that if they work in your meta they're fine. To the op, I wouldn't start out with them in your starting decklist. See if you need them first.

Shifting Loyalties just costs too much, it's slow (sorcery speed), and requires two targets to use. I don't think it can be consistently useful, and I don't think it can consistently turn the game in our favor.
>>
>>50150151
>>50150164
Yes people talk about standard, but this isn't the place to do it. Just search the pasta in the archives and make your own thread before you trigger resident shitposters.
>>
Is Alesha, Who Smiles at Death any good? I'm just worried about playing a deck without blue or green. I'm guessing that the recursion she provides is enough to make it work though.
>>
>>50150337
I saw an Alesha hatebears list that seemed fun a while back.

What would you want to do with her?
>>
>>50149426
The thing is, his flash ability isn't even good on him. Your opponent is going to know when youre going to pass turn with 10 mana available that you're gonna play Jin.

His whole thing is that he is a surprise factor. Being a commander takes that away.

I'm not saying Jin is a bad card, but he's much better in the 99 than at the helm.
>>
>>50150083
I'm stewie.

I really wish I could afford to play a deck that isn't blue or isn't loaded with excessive hate effects. I wish I could play politik decks, but my group always misuses politik effects.
>>
File: 182.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
182.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
I wanted to make my first edh deck around this duderino before I knew your commander HAD to be legendurry

>laughing ruinations.dek
Oh what could have been
>>
>>50149216
>Omg gay characters! gege guys its over
I bet the next commander will be a literal cuck.
>>
>>50150461
Yeah, but when your playgroup is retarded enough to pick the "additional turn" option expropriate, no amount deckbuilding can fix it.

Ask Peter to take out politics cards that get abused by opponents being bad decisionmakers (Like Tempt with Discovery and Expropriate), since those become disproportionately strong when you can count on your opponents picking the wrong option.
I had to stop playing Tempt with Discovery after always getting to tutor for Cabal Coffer + Urborg + Gaea's Cradle etc just so that the two idiots at the table can fetch a Temple of the False Gods or a Karoo land or something. It really ruins for the other players actually trying to play properly.
Maybe cards like Fact or Fiction or Intuition as well.
>>
>>50149216
Do any of the precons (specifically ogre) have any achievable win cons?
>>
>>50149424
it pisses off your opponents and gets you killed generally.
>>
>>50150495
So, new Zurgo?
>>
>>50150645
I keep talking to Peter, but it keeps on becoming a conversation akin to the nice parent and the strict parent trying to deal with a 13 year old that wont stop smoking weed. There comes a point where the answer isn't for the strict parent to lighten up, the nice one needs to get firm. Peter has tried really hard to pull back, but I can't stop blaming him for what happens.
>>
>>50150778
Zurgo isn't a cuck, he's Kola- samas little bitch. There's a huge difference.
>>
>>50150963
Wasn't that red guy who makes token copies of shit in the GY some kind of cuck?
>>
>>50149424
It just gives you more information on how to spend your resources, for example you can't be baited into spending your counterspell on a worse choice.
>>
>>50149216
IM ANGRY! ANGRY AT THE GAYS!

shut the fuck up faggot
>>
Where can I buy/preorder the new commander decks for the cheapest?
I want to buy the sasika deck and I saw a cap floating around where you can get one for $23.
>>
>>50149627
Yeah
But if you have 9 mana and 5 of it is red you probably don't really need it and aren't likely running a combo deck that could utilize it.
>>
File: wipe.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wipe.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
>>50151025
>KEK KEK KEK KEK
Shut the fuck up, please, Jesus Christ. I hate you people so much. Feldon was a widower who loved his wife very much; she was loyal to him until she died. Can you go back to wherever you came from now, please?
>>
>>50151025
the artificer?
>>
File: Armada_Wurm.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Armada_Wurm.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50149216
What are some good phallic cards for these guys?
Pic related seems perfect
>>
File: url.jpg (12KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
12KB, 178x248px
>>50151194
;)
>>
>>50151025
Hard for Feldon to be a cuck what with the dead wife and all.
>>
>>50151147
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/lorans-smile-2014-10-27

Today we remind them.
>>
>>50149274
I picked up promo Mystic and Batterskull for Marath Boros Goodstuff.
>>
>>50151453
>>50151419
So he was cucked by death then
>>
File: Adachi said so.jpg (8KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
Adachi said so.jpg
8KB, 219x230px
>>50151582
>>
File: dick rock.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
dick rock.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>50151194
I'm gonna switch out all the basic islands with this version
>>
>>50151601
Just report it and/or ignore it, thumbnail-kun
>>
>>50151453
What a beta bitch. He even blacked his own dead wife!!!!
>>
File: 122787_200w.jpg (17KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
122787_200w.jpg
17KB, 200x285px
>>50151617
Have a mountain.
>>
I NEED CARDS

CARDS FOR KARADOR REANIMATOR

WEENY COMBO SHIT NOT ALLOWED
>>
>>50151839
Karador's the only reanimation you need after the tuck rule was killed. Now just fill your yard using efficient shit like Mesmeric Orb.
>>
>>50151892
YES BUT WHAT'S SOME GOOD FAT SHIT FOR THE YARD

GIVE ME FUN STUFF
>>
>>50151892

really? you're gonna fill your gy with mesmeric orb so you can hardcast one creature per turn from your yard? that seems misguided as hell
>>
>>50151906
All the praetors are good, craterhoof, avneger, massacre wurm, sun titan, literally any large green creature.

Just look dude jesus its like you did no research
>>
>>50151907
Yes really. Casting one thing you need for the situation is better than casting two things you don't need for the situation. The best Karador decks are generally just goodstuff decks that don't dilute themselves with too much reanimator redundancy. Feel free to reanimate a Karmic Guide if you also want a flying pro-black blocker I guess?
>>
File: 2015-08-26-13-47-25--1122696073.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-26-13-47-25--1122696073.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
>Creatures You'd Have Liked to be Legendary
>>
>>50150377
I just want to give Alesha haste and whip as many creatures into play as possible. Hopefully the creatures are hatebears or value. I don't know if I could do hatebears since I don't want to ruin other people's fun. I play combo Marath if I want to do that.
DESU I just want to play white weenie, but that archetype is super weak in commander.
>>
File: 207.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
207.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Question.

Can I cast a creature from my graveyard, blink Karador, then cast another one? Is the wording of his ability susceptible to this trick?
>>
>>50152011
nope.
>>
>>50152017
wrong
>>
File: 1368686901479.jpg (14KB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
1368686901479.jpg
14KB, 336x229px
>>50152017
>>50152030
>>
>>50151988

i find it hard to believe "the best" karador decks would leave out stuff like reanimate and animate dead just because karador can be repeatedly cast for 3 mana
>>
>>50152052
Hey man, if you want to save yourself a couple mana once in a while for lower threat density, be my guest.
>>
>>50150645
Tempt With Discovery is what alerted me to the fact that the vast majority of the magic playing population are very bad at the game.
>>
>>50152052
Just ignore him, he's retarded.

Any proper Karador deck is filled to the rim with cheap reanimation.
>>
>>50150337
You should really try playing some non blue/green decks. Expand your world a little.
>>
>>50152011
>>50152017
>>50152030
>>50152046

according to the gatherer rulings, you may indeed cast another creature from your graveyard if you flicker karador

i think this might be confusing because you used to be able to flicker an oracle of mul daya or an exploration and be able to play another land, but they changed this, now oracle of mul daya and exploration alter the rules of your turn, giving you 2 per turn while in play, as opposed to having an extra land drop associated with them as it was before

the gatherer ruling which confirms that karador can cast another creature after being flickered is dated to before this change occurred regarding oracle of mul daya being flickered, so that could cast some doubt on it, but i think its also possible that the two cases are just different. oracle of mul daya and exploration alter the rules of your turn, whereas each karador is associated with one creature cast from the gy per turn

i think this makes sense because if you somehow had gisa and geralf in play with karador, and you cast a zombie from your graveyard, you would want to be able to say that you are using gisa and geralf's ability in this case, leaving open the possiblity of casting another, non-zombie, from your gy that turn
>>
>>50152089
He's... half right. I ran Karador for years and slowly cut out a lot of reanimation after finding they were sitting in my hand when I wanted my win cons. But I still have a few best-of-the-best shortcuts like Victimize.
>>
guys, i need some help with my atraxa super friends
how can i improve this?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-11-16-atraxa-and-friends/
>>
>>50152187
Yeah, I'm not talking about playing dumb 5 cost reanimation spells.

I'm talking Reanimate, Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead, Necromancy and Victimize level reanimation spells. You play those, not Rise from the Grave.

There's lots of cards you play for the ETB, sacrificing them and reanimating them again is often far better than keeping them in play. Say for instance Sidisi or Rune-Scarred Demon. Each one of those is easily worth the 1-3 mana you pay to reanimate it again.
>>
>>50152089
I've run Karador for years and found that too many reanimation spells was overkill. In its current incarnation it's only running Obzidat's Aide and Beacon as dedicated reanimate spells, and I still find them pulling back Artifacts and Walkers more often than critters. Karmic Guide tends to pull the most weight since I can tutor her with Entomb, Buried Alive, or Corpse Conisure.
>>
>>50148398
>>50148454
Ambassador doesn't allow for legendary creatures tho. And yeah you can houserule with the group and all, the problem come when playing with strangers.

>the shitstorm around the banlist WOULD be insane
Meh, it would probably be pretty short-lived.
>and those "faggots" aren't getting paid for this.
I know that it's pretty easy to forget while circlejerking in a general, but there is really no reason for being so thin skinned on 4chan.

>>50148535
Autist.
>>
>>50152324
I didn't even have that many by the time I retired the deck. I think I had kept the Necromancy in for the instant speed option. But once your deck gets to a certain level of consistency you need to ask yourself how often something is worthwhile for the card slot, in this case doing something twice or saving a couple mana in green.
>>
>>50152518
>say something retarded
>"that's retarded"
>y--you sound mad
You play Ambassador alongside EDH. You're moronic to the point of trolling if you think the shitstorm would be shortlived. And demanding even more hard work from volunteers who have self-evidently managed a successful format makes you sound like a sulky, entitled teenager.
>>
>>50151988
The best Karador decks are hatebears with a reanimation package to get the boonweaver combo. Like this: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karador-multiplayer-boonweaver-combocontrol/

Why is /edhg/ always so damn wrong when they try to talk about "best" builds or commanders?
>>
>>50152726
He specifically said no combo.
>>
>>50152691
Where did I call anybody angry?
I just said that you get way too triggered about throwaway insults on 4chan.
Are you a mod on some no-fun shitty forum perchance?
>You're moronic to the point of trolling if you think the shitstorm would be shortlived.
EDH is a casual format in which balance isn't that important, and most of it get taken care by politics. That's why obviously OP as fuck cards like Sol Ring and Serra Ascendant aren't banned and yet there is no shitstorm about that.
>>
>>50148738
>stuffy doll as a commander
>with no burn spells
>>
>>50152893
It would still have a few neat tricks like shield of the pariah.
>>
File: Image.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>50152893
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color=+[C]&text=+[Deal]+[damage]+[to]+[target]+[creature]+![Player]

I mean, I don't have A BUNCH of options, but having a recastable stuffy plus a few pariah effects is pretty gross in and of itself.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
When I started playing RtR had just come out, and one of my first (relatively) competent decks (60 card) was GW populate with lots of enchantments and sphere of safety, so earlier today I found myself thinking EDH Trostani Stax. So far I'm planning doubling season and variants, growing ranks, champion of lambholt, armada worm, angelic arbiter, arboria (why did no one tell me about this sooner?), elephant grass, aurification, and sphere of safety. Stuff like that. What I came to you for, edhg, is some ideas on fantastic initial token producers and wincons, and maybe some general tips on how to not do stax wrong.
>>
>>50152870
I didn't sound triggered although your overly long post doesn't suggest calm. You're just groping for a retort. You and your group are welcome to play Ambassador and sulking that the EDH rules guys won't handle the logistics of that for you looked stupid.
>>
>>50152893
Well there's not exactly a lot of burn with no color identity.
>>
>>50153148
Masticores and tower of calamities come to mind immediately, but we'd still only be at 4/99
>>
>>50153211
Doll+grafted exoskeleton+tower of calamities for maximum jank
>>
Advice on my Mangara?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mangara-goodstuffdnt/

I already have a competitive deck so this is a shittier deck to play at shittier tables.
>>
>>50148311
Really? Witch-Maw Exalted is pretty sweet
>>
File: Hellkite_Tyrant.jpg (117KB, 960x700px) Image search: [Google]
Hellkite_Tyrant.jpg
117KB, 960x700px
>>50151996
>>
File: ExperimentKraj.jpg (359KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ExperimentKraj.jpg
359KB, 1024x768px
To the anon requesting my Kraj list last thread:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kraj-sale/
>>
>>50148121
why wasnt this in its respective commander deck? one of the partners in it literally does its first ability.
>>
>>50149216
to be fair the greek were really gay.

now why one of them is black is another issue entirely.
>>
>>50149274
got Selvala for my Xenagod.
>>
Who is the best Mardu commander?
>>
why do people get so butt hurt over mass land destruction?
>>
File: 19026385_p0.jpg (431KB, 922x993px) Image search: [Google]
19026385_p0.jpg
431KB, 922x993px
If Corpsejack Menace and Master Biomancer is on my field at the same time, then I play a Kalonian Hydra.

Does it get 8 +1 counters, or 12 +1 counters?
>>
>>50154537
Because they don't want to learn not to over extend.
>>
>>50154575
Twelve I would think. This sounds like a fun deck.
>>
File: 23462207_p0.jpg (345KB, 709x850px) Image search: [Google]
23462207_p0.jpg
345KB, 709x850px
>>50154636
This is from my Atraxa deck.

Of course, three of those cards I mentioned all come with the precon. Breed Lethality most fun 2016 precon.
>>
>>50154537
Because muh lands are sacred and land ramp is easy way to amass mana.
I think it has something to do with being able to play only 1 land a turn normally. Besides, everyone complaining about MLD are babies, who will whine anyway if you counter their strategy because they cannot into artifacts.
Come to think of it, someone had an insane ramps once, from T1 Burgeoning to Boundless realms and Tempt everyone taking the bait, can't remember which was first.
Anyway, he had nothing but lands on the field and insane amount too on like turn 5.
After that when I cast Armageddon, the salt industry went bankrupt.
Felt good sitting on top of few cute artifacts and one or two lands in hand.
>>
>>50154530
Queen Marches or Zurgo.
>>
>>50153688
>29 lands
>no Pili-Pala
>no Gyre Sage
>no Achmage
>no Spike Weaver
>no Fauna Shaman
>no Knacksaw Clique
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50148086
>>
>>50154803
Never had a problem getting all the lands I need.
Pili-Pala is bretty gud though.
The rest of those are stuff I've tried but didn't really like.
>>
>>50154845
This is really the only card I'm upset about not being legendary.
>>
File: 144[1].jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
144[1].jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>50148086

>>50154845
It's pretty bullshit desu
>>
File: Volrath the Fallen.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Volrath the Fallen.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
How is he as a commander? A friend of mine said they would make a Sidar Kondo commander and I thought it would be appropriate to go against them with Volrath.
>>
>>50154845
I hate this so much, it interests me more than any of the Naya commanders
>>
>>50154845
I almost made a modern deck off of her, pyrohemia, and rite of passage because it's such a charming interaction.
>>
>>50154913
Never played him or seen him played, but I've always wanted to drop Draco onto him and punch someone in the face. Seems good for surprise one-shots, and mono black is probably the best mono color and goodstuff color too, so there's that. Infect seems like it would be good on him too.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-who-smiles-at-hatebears/

How am I looking on sac/discard outlets? More or less? Also, are there any really good hatebears cards I'm missing?
>>
>>50155094
Spirit of the Labrynth and the Thalias.
>>
File: OriginalPartners.jpg (82KB, 621x443px) Image search: [Google]
OriginalPartners.jpg
82KB, 621x443px
>>50149216

Only the second-best gay legendaries...
>>
precursor golem for my golem tribal
>>
File: BEEP BOOP WOOF WOOF.jpg (708KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
BEEP BOOP WOOF WOOF.jpg
708KB, 1200x878px
>>50148086

Not the actual card, but we really need an artifact-creature legendary mecha-wolf
>>
>>50153635
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>50155094
Lionin Arbiter, Aven Mindcensor and Hushwing Gryff.
>>
>>50153127
Assault Formation could be fun if you end up going with a big toughness theme.
>>
>>50155324
I have a decent amount of ETB effects, so I can't afford to use Hushwing. Leonin Arbiter is great though.

>>50155158
Would you still suggest Spirit and new Thalia even though they can't be revived by Alesha's ability? I like them, but I'm unsure as to whether or not I should add them because of this.
>>
>>50155398
Spirit can hinder many decks and has a pretty low toughness should you want her to die, as for new Thalia I'm sure dropping her wouldn't be too bad seeing you alreadt have Blind Obediance and Imposing Sovereign.
Another card you may want would be Tidehollow Sculler.
>>
>>50155453
I can't believe I forgot Tidehollow Sculler. I used to use him pretty often.
>>
>>50155094
Elspeth Sun's Champion
>>
>>50155555
Your quints speak truth. I don't usually run 'walkers, but Elspeth is great for weenies and hatebears.
>>
>>50151617
Dick jokes aside, is there a giant collage of all the basic lands ever printed? I want a deck with all unique art basics and need to compare them all at once.
>>
>>50155327
I'll keep it in mind. Even if not right now a deck built to use that sounds like so much fun

>>50155705
I'm not sure if I want to laugh at your obsessive desire or politely agree
>>
File: sundae shirt.jpg (43KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
sundae shirt.jpg
43KB, 300x400px
>play mimeoplasm and win
>"you only won becuase you did turn 3 win!"
>play mimeoplasm again, this time without casting him
>"you only won because you are playing BUG!"

I can't tell if my group is just salty or can't build proper decks
>>
>>50156209
Well he was right.
>>
So me and my friends play a kind of homebrewed commander cube, basically we draft a cube and can use any legendarys we draft as commanders

We play with roles like king knight assassin etc

I drafted the gw selvala and cawblade in my deck and had a pretty good deck.

Anyway i was at 50 life a great board state and died to Sorin markov because I didn't draft blue

Fun game gg

Pretty salty desu
>>
Picked up some new goodies including a doubling season, top and juniper order ranger. What would you recommend cutting/adding to this ghave deck? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-guru-of-value-1/?cat=&sort=type
>>
>>50156513
We started at 20 not 40 that's why I act as if 50 is good
>>
>>50150012
Let's not forget the statues crossing swords in the background.
>>
>>50156487
So I don't win because I know how to build a deck, I win because of my colors? That is a very stupid thing to say anon
>>
>>50156611
Correct. You could throw BUG good stuff together and have ez pz wins with no prior knowledge at all. If you win while playing Boros then you're an actual good deck builder.
>>
>>50156663
So where exactly is the line? Simic, Dimir, or Golgari is what makes it too easy to win?
>>
>>50156710
UG is all you need, but black is easily the best color to add next.
>>
>>50152518
he's right though, if you think there aren't tons of non-legendaries that as commanders would break the format you're being retarded. it's a casual format, just use house rules.
>>
>>50156663
should add an addendum that only a small percentage of their deck can be artifacts
>>
File: Searing Meditation.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Searing Meditation.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50154943

I made a casual deck with this. Really made me wish Tamanoa was just RW. (Has no reason to be green anyways)
>>
>>50149216
the Greeks were gay as fuck, gladiators were also like celebrities. Really cant explain the brownness however
>>
Have any of you guys tried out the new commanders?

Any thoughts on who is good/bad? Kinda leaning to get Breya as an artifact commander.
>>
>>50149216
Dude, they're The Gay Greeks or GG for short. Why would you not want to run it? It's seriously an amazing card, and arguably the best of the 4 color commanders. It's a 2/8 for 4 with two EXTREMELY RELEVANT types, in the colors to take advantage of both of those types, that has an extremely amazing ability that is both group hug and still doesn't put you behind the curve.
>>
>>50154626
I feel like this is missing the point quite a bit. I know to not overextended. I can play around MLD just fine. It doesn't mean I enjoy playing against it. I feel like it drags a game that already takes a while to play. In one on one, I have no problems with it, but in a multiplayer atmosphere, it basically just wastes everyone's time. This is all in top of the classic response of it's just straight up not very fun to not be able to play your cards.
>>
Building yidris for maximum cascades. Extra combat steps, double strike blade of selves mirror gallery. My list has most of the tech I want, but seems a bit off. I'm not really used to building heavy ramp, or black. Anyone care to take a gander?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chaos-dunk-1/
>>
>>50149390
This is the greatest tech card ever printed. I cannot tell you how many times this card has saved my ass. It's a very political card, but once you learn how to use it to your best advantage, it's a solid inclusion into any blue deck. It let's you plan turns and turns in advance, and gives you so much information it's unbelievable. I personally run it in almost every blue deck I own.
>>
>>50156902
Addendum, am currently building very budget, anything in there that's above 5$ is there because I already have it, manabase looks fucked up because plains are a placeholder for my yet to be determined nonbasics
>>
>>50156611
Maybe stop building decks in easy mode?
>>
>>50156843

Saskia is really bad
The butt buddies are a howling mine, which is usually bad but sometimes good
Atraxa is solid but slow
Breya is grindy and decent but a bit easy to hate out
Yidris has the highest potential in terms of degenerate splashy plays but it's also easy to shut down
>>
>>50156964
mono-red only
no cards over ten dollars
a maximum of 5 artifacts
>>
>>50156976
yeah, a guy at my LGS proxied a Yidris to play with yesterday.

First time he cast it, desertion.
Then when he got it back, someone else supplant formed it and swung with it himself. When he recast it again, 2 players had gotten maze / kor haven so the commander did absolutely nothing the rest of the game.
>>
>>50149390
I cut it from Isperia the Inscrutable if that tells you anything.

It just never seemed to do enough to justify a slot.
>>
>>50156976
Yidris just feels too much like a worse Maelstrom Wanderer, you already need a really good board state to capitalize on Yidris versus just casting Wanderer and things suddenly going crazy. I don't think black adds enough to compensate.
>>
>>50156710
Simic is dumb. It's unbelievably dumb. There's so much crazy bullshit you get with Simic that is incredibly difficult to deal with in a format like EDH. One of the best solutions is to MLD them, but nobody actually runs MLD because it's not fun to play against, so unless you're in a crazy cutthroat meta, you generally won't encounter MLD, which means that Simic runs wild.

>>50156781
And then you get Black which adds consistency to UG's unbelievable level of bullshit. So yes, BUG is a stupid bullshit color combination that is only really outdone by RUG. UGX is basically the most broken color combination in EDH.
>>
>>50156998
98 mountains
insurrection

done
>>
>>50156998
play zada, purph, or krenko. collect ez wins.
>>
>>50157010
>maze / kor haven
This is why targeted land destruction is vital in any deck that relies on its commander attacking at all.
>>
>>50157015
You were very clearly using it wrong. And in Isperia.
>>
>>50157050
yeah, but it adds another hoop for your commander to get through in addition to having a clear field to attack through and actually getting to attack with it.

Basically, he didn't connect once, but two other players did, one even had strionic resonator in play.
>>
>>50157058
I'm curious how I was using it wrong.
>>
>>50156976
eh, what I expected

Most of these commanders feel pretty subpar, even the partners feel subpar.

At least Breya let you do artifact shenanigans in every color where artifact shenanigans matters.

I guess the bunk buddies would be decent as a pillowfort commander.
>>
>>50148086
> This
> Blasphemous Act
> Arcbond/Impact Resonance/etc
>>
>>50149390

I'm running it in my "big brother - 1987" nebuchadnezzar deck.

It's more of a themed deck, so there are plenty of other ways to show everyone's hands and tops of libraries (seers vision, zurs weirding, pic related, telepathy, wandering eye, wizened snitches, field of dreams, etc etc)

It's a work in progress, but I love it so far.
>>
>>50157094
arcbond would infact do nothing extra since the creatures are doing the damage.
>>
>>50154041
We already get an absurd amount of waaah make the nephilm legendary bitching if they auctualy reprinted them it would get 20 times worse.
Just use a 5 color comander you fucks you dont have to auctualy use every color.
>>
>>50148847
YES

Also Falkenrath Aristocrat.
>>
File: Glasses of Urza_6E.jpg (43KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Glasses of Urza_6E.jpg
43KB, 312x445px
>>50157101
Shit, Forgot pic
>>
>>50156998
Ashling the Pilgrim
Artifiacts:
Seer's Sundial
Druidic Satchel
Basilisk Collar
Ring of Three Wishes
Planar Portal
>>
>>50156964
If it requires precise and unique ways to use cards is BUG really considered easy mode?

>>50156998
>mono red
Wew lad I could just build daretti and be a faggot. I feel a real challenge would be mono white but cat tits is boring and I don't have a vested interest in nahiri
>>
>>50156998
>no cards over ten dollars
You call that hard mode?

Try a deck under $10
>>
>>50157145
>...is BUG really considered easy mode?

Yes.
>>
>>50156998
>mono-red only
Ok, starke of rath
>no cards over ten dollars
Ezpz
>a maximum of 5 artifacts
Boompile & nevvys disk is all I need
>>
>>50157081
The information of what's in all the other players hand is IMMENSELY useful. Combine that with something like Field of Dreams and you have access to the information of not only what they have in their hand, but what they're going to draw into, which means that, if you're good at threat assessment and tactics, you will NEVER, EVER be baited into anything. Ever.

You will never miscounter, you will never blow up the wrong target with removal, and that goes double for a deck with Isperia the Inscrutable as the general, considering that her ability just straight up becomes "Tutor for a dude with flying when you deal combat damage."

I mean, hell, why wouldn't you want to run it in any kind of control or Tempo strategy? It negates the biggest advantage that people trying to bluff your or play politics with you have, which is that you don't know what's in their hand.
For. One. Blue. Mana.
As an enchantment.
Which puts it up there on "Types of permanents that are difficult to deal with"
>>
>>50157193
Even if I run Vorosh?
>>
File: 124196_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
124196_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
Can't you just sac him in response to his exile trigger? man what a broken card
>>
>>50157225
that is bait
>>
>>50157225
Exiling is part of the cost, you have no choice.

So no you cant sac in response
>>
>>50157235
>>50157236
oops thought that was a period instead of a colon
>>
>>50157150

Isn't there like a minimum card price though? I don't see how you can have a deck that's only worth $10 if you go by the combined price of the singles

If you count cards you already own as $0.00 then that's different
>>
>>50157221
Yes.
>>
>>50157252
Not impossible, you'll just need to get the jankiest of jank out there.

If you want you can make basic lands cost $0 since you could get basics from anyone for free.
>>
>>50157217
If it's your pet card, more power to you. It just didn't do enough for the hate it brought your way to be worth it. I was very happy with the cut.
>>
File: 1468358546041.gif (575KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1468358546041.gif
575KB, 512x384px
>>50157257
Then I guess I'll have to live with knowing that you think I play on easy mode. Despite my bug being weaker than others
>>
I played Never Forgetti Darretti Spaghetti straight out of the box this weekend and he was totally fucking bonkers. I Drew out over half my deck in red and recovered from board wipes like nothing, It was the most intense board state i'd ever seen before. what are some good cheap edits to make him more powerful? Trying to make him sexier for under $20. I'll put more money over time but for right now my budget for additions is $20. Right now it is just an un-edited precon.

Deck list for reference.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/card-set-archive/commander-2014/built-from-scratch
>>
>>50157296
>best ramp
>best draw
>best removal

BUG is an easy color to dominate with
>>
>>50149433
I bet that hand wasn't there previously then Wotc told the artist to showcase the gayness more.
>>
>>50157287

My lgs has $0.25 as the cheapest you can buy a single for but apparently on tcg player typical draft chaff stuff is listed at $0.01 so there you go, I guess it's actually possible
>>
>>50157314
You seem to underestimate how fucking casual my deck is
>>
>>50157363
Post it then
>>
>>50157377
I have posted it numerous times before
>>
>>50156894
I think you've just had a bad experience with your players who have used MLD. MLD used properly should move the game forward or put one person into a strong position to win it.

I would equate it to counterspells, maybe. Used excessively and without forethought they can just slow the game down because nobody is really doing anything. At the same time used properly, counterspells should be defending someone's wincon from going off and ending the game.

I think of MLD in the same sort of vein. As a basic example, say someone gets out Kaalia or Narset and then wipes everyone's lands. That person should probably win that turn or put themselves in a very strong position to win the game.
>>
>>50157306
Spine of Ish Sah
Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer
Darksteel Forge
Duplicant
Filigree Familiar
Precursor Golem
Semblance Anvil
Combustible Gearhulk
>>
>>50157306
If your group is okay with gold border then get a championship edition metalworker, probably single most busted card you can add for around $8
Inexpensive but great cards include: Squee, goblin nabob for daretti's + 2 ability
skullclamp
hellkite igniter is a great finisher
hoarding dragon = cheap tutor
silent arbiter protects daretti
Alhammarret's archive has great synergy with daretti's +2 and costs about $4
Red Elemental Blast Is almost always great if no one's playing blue you can always discard it to Daretti
Planar Chaos = secret tech I've had opponents refuse to try casting anything on their turns due to this card
>>
So my concert this Friday got cancelled so I suppose that means I'll be able to snag up a commander precon. Is breya gonna be OK for a first time EDH player? I'm a big fan of artifacts
>>
>>50157882

Any precon will be fine for a first time edh player
>>
>>50148339
Reassembling Skeleton, sounds not bad
>>
>>50157882
unless you want to win every time, a precon is mostly fine. they're pretty casual and meh in general but still pretty good value for the 30 bucks or whatever they cost.

the good thing about playing a precon is that you'll quickly learn which of your cards generally suck and which don't, which will make you a better deckbuilder when you inevitably start optimizing your precon with singles
>>
>>50158101
I ran him for a while in Pauper EDH, he's my favorite creature and did not disappoint.
>>
File: rakdos.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
rakdos.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
I'm looking for some positive feedback on my tuned rakdos lord of riots list for a competitive playgroup that understands advanced gameplay concepts and theories. I'm mainly looking for explanations for why the cards I've chosen will lead to wins in high-technique games.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-the-genius-powerhouse/?cat=custom&sort=
>>
>>50158160
is this like a regular bait you post every now and then
>>
>>50158160

>I'm looking for some positive feedback

Commander has cool art

That's the best I can do
>>
>>50158160
>>50158187
also, thats a pretty good mana base by the way
>>
>>50156798
Tamanoa should be a commander, really.

She at least gives naya something other than stompies.
>>
>>50158160
I'm angry now. I don't think I own a rakdos anymore to build and wreck face at lgs this weekend. fuck you man
>>
>>50148086
>>50154845
Those two are awesome, specially the Naya one since Naya is STOMP STOMP STOMP BIG DUDES all the time.
>>
>>50158653
>>50159072
Naya is probably the thing I play the least because it's all stompy or aggro tokens and I'm not into those much. I would kill for Tamanoa as a general with lots of wide burn and punishment effects.
>>
>>50159127
Yeah me too. I'm thinking maybe I can get away with trying to convince people to let me play it if I say I'm not doing broken stuff? Though I should have a backup commander, which I don't think Naya can provide for the deck built around Tamanoa.
>>
>>50159156
I could see most reasonable groups being okay with it since the effect really isn't broken, and she really should be legendary, but there will always be some assholes who will call out the official rules.

I would probably just bring another entire deck in that case, her effect is pretty much required to build around and none of the other Naya options interacts with the same kind of stuff in a useful way.
>>
File: praise_the_sun.jpg (138KB, 735x1088px) Image search: [Google]
praise_the_sun.jpg
138KB, 735x1088px
>>50159127
Tamanoa is in the same color as Sunforger and Wheel of sun and moon.

it's also in the same colors as two equippers-for-tap and that metalcraft dude who gives equipment equip cost of 0.

I won't elaborate further.

I am considering making this list with Gaybros. Saskia is sadly creature damage-only.
>>
>>50159204
You still need to pay RW to cast whatever spell you had in mind (Lightning Helix?).

>>50159202
Yeah but I fear this will make some people try to play stupid decks with, say, Bob or Elvish Archdruid at the helm. Also if no one accepts it there goes some money into building a useless deck. It's probably risky.
>>
>>50159238
It's less of one-shot recursion of a single spell and more having a toolbox for every occasion with potential to get lethal. There are many nasty instants under 4cmc, and with equippers you can use them not only on your turn, but up to 3 times on your opponents' turns.

Mana cost is not that much of a problem when you have green (although sadly you can't tutor green spells with sunforger, but you can fork them), and getting right cards isn't a problem with White's instant-speed tutors.
>>
>>50159204
>>50159330
On a second thought, you could pull that shit in stompo gruul too, substituting damage spells for Mayael, huge fatties and Soul's fire.
>>
>>50159366
>stompo naya*
fuck
>>
Do you always play with people you know or with complete strangers at a game shop?
I can't play as often as I would like with friends, so I have been thinking about going to the one and only shop in my city. But I'm socially retarded and afraid that I will just awkwardly stand around for a few minutes and leave again. It's also a 30 minute train ride and I only have EDH decks.
>>
>>50159416
Call the shop to check if at least some of the people who work there play and if there's regular groups. My local store owner always plays a game with us if there's just two playing or even 1v1 matches.
>>
>>50159416
I only go down to the LGS if I can at least two other people with me.

Got a facebook group with around 16 EDH players, although only 4 or so are what I call regulars (With me and one friend being there the most). Unfortunately, I usually can't count on there being EDH just going on randomly at the LGS.
>>
File: Phyrexian obliterator.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian obliterator.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50148121
>Creatures You'd Have Liked to be Legendary edition
pretending will get you nowhere, anon. This "pretend" shit is just broken. I'll get a counterspell to be my commander.
>>
>>50159845
Oh I don't pretend, I don't actually run him. I'd like to.
>>
>>50159845
>someone playing a 5/5 unblockable for BBBB in commander as their commander
>somehow even remotely broken
>>
>>50159845
Cards like that are actually terrible for the game. Same for all the indestructible creatures and one card combo machines. Your enemy either has removal or you win the game. You just smash their faces with no thought or interaction at all. I don't buy cards that cost more than 2$ for the 99 for that reason.
>>
>>50160008
>Your enemy either has removal or you win the game

I agree, BAN Prodigal Pyromancer!
>>
>>50159845
>FoW as your commander
I guess it would be really ridiculous.
>>
>>50160052
Considering it would cost 2 generic to activate after the first time, not really.
>>
File: bruce.jpg (13KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.jpg
13KB, 208x199px
>Snuff Out as a commander
>>
>>50160061
Oh yeah, I forgot that costs pile up even in alternative cost.
>>
>order new singles on mtgmarket
>lose the desire to do anything until they arrive

this happens every time, send help
>>
>>50148086
Why do wizards make busted cards like this?
>>
>>50160162
to sell boosters
>>
I really want to make 4c zombie tribal with the UR zombie and the BG counter partners. Is there any cards that just start putting counters on my zombies to take advantage of Reyhan's effect?
>>
>>50160162
You should be glad. When they bring out a new edition and add 50$ power cards, while the price for a booster is fixed at 3$, it means that all the other cards in that edition become cheaper, because the expected value of the booster stays the same. So you can order normal cards for little money, because people pay 100$ for the new jace planeswalker or the new fetch land.
>>
>>50160008
>don't buy cares that cost more than 2$
Nobody cares that you gimp yourself.
>>
>>50160231
You do apparently.
>>
>>50160235
Caring about telling you how retarded you are doesn't mean we care about anything else.
>>
I am so glad I switched from standard to EDH. Best MTG decision of my life.
>>
>>50160250
What's the point of starting a petty argument over a half sentence? How bitter do you have to be?
>>
>>50160316
Because people commenting that "responding means you care" is a pet peeve of mine.
I care about calling you dumb, not your opinion.
>>
>>50160338
Well, that's dumb.
>>
>>50160370
He is right, you are dumb. Even if you were right that a low budget makes your decks more fun to play against, you forget that card values change. I dont think I spend more than a few bucks a card, but I am an oldfag, so that stuff got expensive. Craterhoof was 2$ at one point for instance. Now people just bitch about a fatty in a format designed around fatties.

In khaladesh it will happen to the water tower and panharmonicon, soon you won't be able to play them without being labeled a try hard that spends too much, despite the fact they were each ~2$
>>
>>50160634
I hope you're right, anon. I pulled a promo Panharmonicon at the prerelease and have basically no use for it
>>
>>50160634
What has that to do with anything? I also have lots of cards that are super expensive now, from mirrodin and before, and still play them. My point was that I don't spend that much money on expensive cards, because they are often so expensive because they are broken and would make the game not fun. If I saw a card that is unfun and broken below 2$, I still wouldn't buy it.
What is it with this place and being rude and toxic for no reason? The other guy threw an autistic fit over virtually nothing and you call me dumb, because you took my rule of thumb literally. Are you all on the spectrum?
>>
>>50160871
Get lost, Desolatormagic
>>
>>50160842
Riku
Riku allies
>>
>>50160871
are you the guy who wants everyone else to use shit card because you work at mcdonalds and a normal EDH deck costs more than what you make in 3 months? holy shit dude if you are so poor and still want to play a TCG go play hearth stone or something or just buy a commander precon. just because you are poor or unwilling to spend money doesnt mean the rest of magic players are. in fact you are a minority
>>
>>50160985
>dont buy cards that cost more than 2 buck
>literally 90% of decks are now unavailable to you

wew so much fun! wanna play super friend? nope cost too much, want to play really anything more than 2 colors? too bad so sad. want to play with anything that has not been reprinted in a while? lul fuck that.

what a stupid idea
>>
>>50160985
No, I'm not that guy. I actually bought all the precons in the last years.

>>50161008
>literally 90% of decks are now unavailable to you
Maybe this is a misunderstanding. I live in Europe and a card that costs more than 2€ on MCM is pretty rare.
>>
>>50157101
>1987

Am I missing something that makes it not 1984?
>>
>>50161008
>Play Alesha
>only 3 cards worth more than 5 bucks in the deck
>win because my deck has a refined wincon
>cheap easy mana fixing and ramp
You're stupid. Every commander can be made budget.
>>
>>50160871
>If I saw a card that is unfun and broken below 2$, I still wouldn't buy it.

Then obviously there is a metric other than price that is important on the fun spectrum, and price doesn't actually mean anything. Why did you mention price in the first place instead of judging cards individually like you seem to be capable of doing?

Anyway you look at this anon you are a little retarded.
>>
>>50161092
show me a 5 color deck that can consistently win on a budget, go ahead... ill wait

after that show me a super friends deck that is under 100 bucks. inb4 2 planes walkers being called super friends
>>
>>50160008
>*teleports behind*
>I could beat you but I chose not to
>see ya on the streets
>*fades into the shadows*
>>
>>50160985
>spends more than $2 on a card

Get out of here you fucking tryhard!
>>
>>50160193
please help, i want to put counters on my zombies
>>
>>50161293
Child of Alara, Chaos/Global Effects
Also Reaper King, Scarecrow Tribal
Also Karona, False Hugs
Also Child of Alara, Non-basic and thematic hate

Superfriends is a bad deck, that doesn't win consistently regardless of how much you dump into it, so isn't the point moot?
>>
>>50161076
Holy shit, no, you're right. That's what I get for posting that late at night.
>>
>>50161452
tfw finding out the mc was a cuck. Brave new world was good though.
>>
>>50161336
>Superfriends is a bad deck, that doesn't win consistently regardless of how much you dump into it, so isn't the point moot?
literally not what i asked, i said make one for under 100 bucks. just because it isnt amazingly consistent doesnt mean i wouldnt want to play it. group hug isnt amazingly consistant and people still play that. you seem pretty fucking stupid to be quite honest, you dont understand that people WANT to do things and are blinded by your salt over your inability to pay for cards. you probably get ass blasted when someone with a nice car drive by you on you 15 year old bike screaming with tears in your eyes about how you only spent 20 buck on the bike and it would still get you to the same place

i wish you entitled poorfag "casuals" would fuck off to hearth stone or or go play old maid already, you are such buzz kills and dont even realize how retarded your "arguments" are or the fact that they are futile since the average magic player isnt poor to the point where they cant spend money on their hobby

or better yet just go play standard, youtube strictly better mtg and go build on of his many 8 dollar budget deck and fuck off
>>
>>50161503
the manabase alone is going to be a huge chunk of $100 not to mention your pay off cards for running 5 colors in the first place.
>>
File: toothandnail.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
toothandnail.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Favorite ways to cheat creatures into play?
A few of mine include Defense of the Heart, Lurking Predators, Selvala's Stampede, Wild Pair and of course, pic related, the king of 'em all.
>>
>>50161092
While you can put 99 basics into any deck, using alesha as an example of "any deck can be made budget" seems disingenuous. Alesha and shizo are both very cheap decks that perform well.
>>
>>50161582
Alesha
Reanimate
Elvish Piper
Exhume

I love graveyard shenanigains
>>
>>50161605
I was more saying there are budget options for every commander.
Playing Alesha on a Budget was countering his "two colors or less" argument.
>>
>>50161503
I wasn't the anon that you were originally arguing with, by the way. I shell out way too much money on cards, but I gotta make counterarguments when I see something that's wrong
>>
>>50161582
sneak attack if you can afford it. feldon too.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50161582
>cheat into play
The only real answer.
>>
>>50161667
>I was more saying there are budget options for every commander

Ah, where I am from "commander" is what we call the legendary creature at the helm of the deck, so saying that each one of those can be built cheaply is wrong. Where you are from do you just mean color combos when you say it?
>>
>>50161691
his argument is literally " no one else should buy expensive cards because i cannot afford them and their ability to have fun should be gimped because i am poor"

its such a stupid idea. why the fuck would you even get into magic if you are too poor to afford it? its not like its a secret that you are going to have to spend money on it to be competitive.

he isnt even trying to go play online where he could get cards for a fraction of the price, he is literally just trying to force his shit opinion and inability to buy good card on others and he has been doing it in this general for a while now

that guy needs to go get a fucking job or leave for another game with a lower cost to compete, standard is stupid cheap right now and probably will be for at least the next set, he should just go play that instead of being a fag about card costs here
>>
>>50161729
Nah, I just think you can build a deck for every commander without breaking the bank. The consistency will suffer, or you'll miss out on powerful cards, but you CAN build a commander deck with any commander on a budget, discounting a few select cases, like Hazezon Tamar. In which case the commander is the big price tag.

If you want a super tuned deck, then you need to spend a bit of cash for fetches and shocks and utility lands. But I think you can take a commander and build a deck easily within a budget.
>>
File: Image.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
Posting this again, this time looking for some spells that allow me to put a card from my hand back on top of my library for cascade purposes, but if you see anything else I can improve on don't hesitate to tell me

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/adjusted-yidris-deck/

>>50161723
I always wondered, does he have to actually be in my deck, or is it GG if I put an entire suitcase of Cheatyfaces on the field while my opponent is in the bathroom?
>>
>>50161788
Oh.
Well yeah, you're limited in what decks you can actually build if you can't afford it, but there are plenty of decks that are competitively strong in 3 (maybe 4) colors, 5 too if it isn't reliant on the commander, that are cheap to build. The main difference is optimism.

Yeah, wealthy players have an innate advantage, but no amount of wealth outplays intelligence and good deckbuilding. I have a $35 Grenzo deck that competes with some of the best decks in my meta, including my own Scion that is worth well over $100
>>
>>50155198

Time to go steal a Rhino...
>>
>>50161859
Considering that the punishment from not being able to sneak it is to remove the card from the game, I believe that you need to have Cheatyface in your hand to begin with, or else you could just keep throwing it from exile onto the field until your opponent gives up trying to tell you that he is looking.
>>
>>50161944
Never thought about it that way, excellent point
>>
>>50161961
I always just play him as my "land for turn" since no one bothers to check when I play a basic in multiplayer games.
Pure value.
I've also snuck him in from underneath my notepad.
Our group just agrees that exile means it can't come back.
>>
>>50161859
You should add Reclaim and Noxious Revival.
Other top deck manipulation.
Diabolic Vision. Dream Cache. Mystic Speculation. Spy Network. Sylvan Library.
Obvi Soothsaying and Sensei's Divining Top.
Survivor of the unseen might be too unwieldly but it's almost exactly what you want.
>>
>>50161918
>but no amount of wealth outplays intelligence and good deckbuilding
which is why its so infuriating that this idiot is trying to force his 2 dollar per card retardation on people. I guarantee you he is just bad at magic in general and would lose even if you game him 5 grand to build a deck with only then he wouldnt be able to blame it on money
>>
>>50162080
My hero
>>
>>50162205
Also Scroll Rack would be literally your best card for it but it's probably be the most expensive to buy
>>
>>50162023
What if you pull from eternity or rift sweeper it?
>>
New thread
>>50161827
>>50161827
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.