[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 87

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

No degeneracy allowed edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#

Old Thread: >>50120763
Old ded thread: >>50127035
>>
File: 1475781065346.jpg (458KB, 1920x2716px) Image search: [Google]
1475781065346.jpg
458KB, 1920x2716px
I want to make a sword and board warder focusing on silver crane and iron tortoise. Any suggestions?
>>
See, this is what happens. We even talked about last thread the aggressive thread deletion. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

That being said, how do you all make use of PoW characters as enemies? Not all enemies are just lifted out of the bestiary, often you'll use enemies with PC levels. In my experience enemies with PoW levels are far too deadly for most parties compared to 1st party PCs.
>>
>>50131792
I've heard one thing you can do is give the enemy a few maneuvers, a stance, and such to help hold it's own against PoW players.

Full PoW enemies might be too much for level 1 PCs but by level 5-8 they should be fine.
>>
File: GENIUS.jpg (155KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
GENIUS.jpg
155KB, 640x720px
>make post
>thread immediately explodes

fug, guess I might as well repost

In a moment of butthurt and boredom, I tried modifying the Kensai and Bladebound Magus Archetypes for Spheres. Most of it was easy, since it just traded out the stuff that Spheres Magus got in place of the same ability. IE: Fighter Training replacing Expanded Magic instead of Knowledge Pool, Iaijutsu Master replaces Masterful Magic instead of Greater Spell Access. Some of it was less easy, since just directly translating stuff meant Kensai got dicked harder than normal. Just fuck my shit ideas up, famalam.

Original archetypes for reference:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/kensai
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/bladebound
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/sphere-magus

>Sphere Kensai gains Somatic Drawback twice with no spellpoint gain, instead of Diminished Casting
>Does not gain Perfect Strike (mostly because it's shit), and instead has Arcane Potency reduced to giving only 1/4th (or 1/5th?) Magus level in bonus spell points, down from 1/2 magus level
>Sphere Kensai still gains Superior Reflexes
>Sphere Bladebound gains Focus Casting Drawback (Black Blade) with no spellpoint gain, instead of modifying the Magus's Arcane Pool
>Black Blade's Arcane Pool gives spellpoints if drained
>>
>>50131826
This is at level 12.

The PoW enemies overwhelmed the players really easily.
>>
>>50131854
Why use PoW enemies against 1pp martials though? I could see how they'd tear through casters if the players are bad at playing them, but martials should kinda hold their own.

Remember that PoW doesn't limit you from just full attacking. For enemies you could just do that every once and a while, though don't boost+full attack unless you hate their characters.
>>
File: Negima - 097-009 (2).png (294KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Negima - 097-009 (2).png
294KB, 800x1200px
>>50131792
I haven't gotten a chance to use them yet, but I've been making initiating NPCs and monsters for when the PCs reach level 4 in my next game.

I've made some Sahaugin with the initiating archetypes for the core classes, a Black Seraph Owlbear, and various NPCs based on PCs from my last few games.

I posted a level 7 Brutal Slayer Bushi (Stalker) in the last thread who uses Broken Blade and Mithral Current strikes for subdual damage at first to capture PCs.

He's not any more dangerous that the CR 6 creatures in the Bestiary.
>>
>>50131854
You still have to pick and choose enemies based on the players. What were the players? How optimized were they? How optimized were the enemies?
>>
>player gets resurrected in secret by the lich after the party executed him
>the party is making their way through the lich's base
>their former comrade is hunting them down at the same time
this will be an interesting fight
>>
I have thrown PoW npcs at my players for some time and I don't see the problem.
>>
I made a thing, a bloodrager bloodline.

The Impossible Bloodline as a heavy improvised weapon theme.
>>
/pfg/, I want your help with picking maneuvers for a Ordained Defender Zweihander Sentinel Warder.

The basic idea was to use Zenith Strikes, Scarlet Throne counters, and Elemental Flux stances, use Golden Lion stuff at low levels, as well as dipping Guardian and Crane for Intruder's End and Silver Knights Blade.

My question is what should I do for a martial tradition (Elemental Flux was from a trait). Would any discipline work well with the basic idea set out here? Or should I keep one of Primal Fury or Iron Tortoise instead of a tradition, and if so which? Both of those seem rather lack luster at low levels. Despite Primal Fury being a "problem discipline" I still see it as more chargepouncelance that the 1pp martials do, though with more damage.
>>
How would you stat him, /pfg/? Full Access to DSP.

I'm thinking Monk 2/Stalker X, dual wielding Starknives with both Deadly Agility and Starry Finesse (Former for Dex to DMG in melee, latter for Dex to DMG at range). Is 18-20/x3 a decent crit range? Also not sure about what to do for the gun aspects of his weapons.
>>
>>50132184
Aaaand forgot pic.
>>
File: FFT - Ramza vs Zalbag.png (41KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
FFT - Ramza vs Zalbag.png
41KB, 512x480px
>>50132011
I was going to find a picture from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, but this was more relevant.

>>50131785
Are you taking the Ordained Defender archetype, or using a trait to swap a discipline?
>>
>>50132202
Trait or martial tradition for silver crane. Would the Ordained Defender work better than straight warder for that?
>>
>>50132246
OD is a straight upgrade from normal warder unless you're Arcane Gishing.
>>
What happened last thread?
>>
>>50132246
Ordained Defender is a straight upgrade from regular Warder because Wis>Int.
>>
I want to be overPoWered. What are the most overpowered PoW archetypes, classes, and disciplines. I've heard defensive zealots are dumb strong.
>>
File: 1430018604365.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1430018604365.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>50132260
>>50132276

I don't like Ordained Defender because you lose out on those delicious bonus feats.
>>
>>50132246
Wisdom becomes your initiating modifier, so it may change the race you want to play as.
You lose the bonus feats at 3rd at 13th level, but you get an inquisition or a warpriest blessing.
You have to be good aligned to get Silver Crane.
>>
>>50132297
I'd gladly trade those bonus feats for getting the conversion inquisition at 3rd, silver crane, and having wis be the main mental stat.

That gives you top tier will saves, incredible social skills, and good healing all for 2 feats or so.

fucking worth.
>>
>>50132246
Ordained Defender + Zwelhander Sentinel = Much Stronger

Warders aren't a weak class this bumps them up by a wide margin.
>>
>>50132348
But I don't want to zweihander I want to sword and board.
>>
>>50132313
>You have to be good aligned to get Silver Crane.
No you don't. Unorthodox Method.
>>
>>50132348
So as a OD/ZS I get Eternal Guardian, Scarlet Throne, Iron Tortoise, Black Seraph, Primal Fury

What others should I grab/trade out? I want the strongest ones.
>>
File: SkeletonPirate.jpg (34KB, 176x201px) Image search: [Google]
SkeletonPirate.jpg
34KB, 176x201px
>>50132332
But if you have good wis how can you be the oblivious tank? It's almost like you don't want to crater your perception so low the DM doesn't even bother rolling for you when the party checks for traps.
>>
>>50132361
He was talking about getting Silver Crane from Ordained Defender, in which you do need to be good to get it.
>>
What's the cost for making a custom firearm using the weapon crafting special rules?
>>
>>50132360
>But I don't want to zweihander I want to sword and board.

You want to sword and board? Then grab Scarlet Throne Style.

Conglaturations, you can now wield your sword as effectively as you could a two-hander and *still* use the shield in your off-hand, unless you're saying you also want to bash people with the shield?
>>
>>50132402
Yes, because I want to be good at my job.
>>
>>50132402
Chose not to roll? Willingly fail the check? Why would you want to be the oblivious tank? Do you not want to look out for all trouble that might hurt your cute allies?

You're no defender like that. Can't even see the bad guys.
>>
File: OotS - Dragon Magazine 04.png (2MB, 800x1114px) Image search: [Google]
OotS - Dragon Magazine 04.png
2MB, 800x1114px
>>50132402
He'll have so many hit points that he can tank the traps.
>>
File: Scarlet.png (187KB, 405x237px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet.png
187KB, 405x237px
>>50132419
That's explicitly not true.
>>
>>50132281
Does anyone know?
>>
>>50132440
Scarlet Throne STYLE is not the same as Scarlet Throne Maneuvers, and does not carry the same restrictions.
>>
File: x9egQZe.gif (1023KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
x9egQZe.gif
1023KB, 500x281px
>>50132460
Oh, well I can't read. Whoops.
>>
>>50132440

Huh, I could've sworn Scarlet Throne Style (the feat) works as long as you aren't using the item in your off-hand as a weapon.

Like, I remember asking that in this thread before and Forrest or someone said it was bueno.

>Scarlet Throne Style [Combat, Style]
>Your skill with a single blade allows you to strike with the same force as those much stronger than you.
>Prerequisites: 1 or more Scarlet Throne stances, Sense Motive 3 ranks
>Benefit: When wielding your weapon in one hand and not two weapon fighting, your weapon is treated as being wielded with two hands for feats and abilities which would benefit from this change. While in this style you cannot make attacks with your off hand or anything held in your off hand.

Yup, as long as you aren't bashing with your shield you can use Scarlet Throne Style and be just as effective as a two-hander.
>>
>>50132476
It does kinda eliminate a lot of the Iron Tortoise maneuvers that do shield bash though.
>>
File: Tengu Warlord.jpg (720KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tengu Warlord.jpg
720KB, 1000x1200px
>>50132422
Your job isn't to watch out for things though, it's to stand between the big things and the small people on your team. The warder does control like no other martial can.

>>50132432
>Trying to be the best and failing sometimes doesn't make for a more interesting character then Mr. perfect
>Cute allies
Unless the enemies are invisible having a -8 perception can't hurt you too badly in combat, and a huge penalty to sense motive just make the RP more interesting.
>>
>>50132476
Why would anyone ever use a 2 handed weapon?
>>
>>50132518
Probably the strength bonus to damage alongside only having to enchant one thing.
>>
>>50132504
>The warder does control like no other martial can.
Incorrect the zealot outperforms him at this.
>>
>>50132491

Very true, but that's just part of the drawback I suppose.

Oh! And if you take one level in Landsknecht than you'll be able to apply your 1.5x strength damage to one-handed attacks, meaning the ONLY thing a greatsword has over you is a 2d6 versus 1d8 or 1d10.

>>50132518

They do more damage and you don't have to spend a feat for Scarlet Throne Style.
>>
>>50132504
>implying he'd not have a terrible CHA and likely a pretty bad INT as well.
Going WisWarder doesn't make you perfect, it just makes you good at things that tend to be better, but not without tradeoffs.

Also:
>the "imperfection is more interesting than perfection" arguement.
I bet you like 3DPD.
>>
>>50132579
But I like having weird quirks! Like my druid that can't actually navigate, and is only a travelling adventurer because they're lost.
>>
>>50132613
Someone doesn't want to be the team Dad or Mom.

It makes your inevitable failures that much more devastating.
>>
File: [SAVE ME].jpg (67KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
[SAVE ME].jpg
67KB, 500x550px
>>50132636

>mfw Ordained Defender Warder with the Conversion Inquisition is the perfect Team Dad or Mom, leading through wisdom and corny jokes backed with their big ole warhammer
>>
Anyone got a good resource for maps that can easily be uploaded into roll20?
>>
File: dontbullytheclannadman.gif (395KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dontbullytheclannadman.gif
395KB, 500x281px
>>50132664
>tfw you will inevitably see your children be hurt and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Maybe if you were stronger.
>>
>>50132613
My party is convinced that my druid might actually be autistic.

He avoids eye contact, forgets what he's trying to say when confronted and he doesn't understand social norms (or what a boat is).
>>
>>50132717
Well... is he?
>>
>>50132579
>3DPD
Ick, 2DQT all the way

All I'm saying is that in my limited experience a flawed character with glaring weaknesses is more fun to RP then someone who can do everything.

Dnd is based on overcoming imagined and created challenges. As players we enjoy victory and triumphing over issues. If challenges and conflict are what make a character fun to play and you find that sometimes GMs fail to create varied challenges and conflict it's only natural that you play a character that is flawed to create conflict and challenges for yourself to overcome.

>effort posting on a osirion hieroglyph trading pyramid
>>
File: 1458836352931.png (425KB, 841x776px) Image search: [Google]
1458836352931.png
425KB, 841x776px
>>50132704

>mfw they would be hurt a lot more if you weren't there, and at least with Silver Crane you can heal their scrapes or bruises with the magic touch

Unless of course, the other Party Parent is a Cleric.

Ordained Defender Dad and Cleric Mom best pair, or vice versa.
>>
>>50132725
I don't think he is, I think he just doesn't like interacting with people and prefers to be in the form of a wolf hunting with the pack of wolves that follow him.
>>
Ok I'm just straight up asking for the most optimal warder stuff. I'm doing a high level PvP game and I know someone is bringing a wizard. The GM had disallowed simulacrum, blood money, and planar ally. So I stand a chance.

How do I wipe the floor with the rest of the players? They're are gonna be 8 of us in a deserted island covered in ruins.
>>
Can you do a Trip attempt at the end of a charge? The way Trip is written, it says you can do it in place of a normal attack, which you can do at the end of a charge. In the case it *does* allow you to do a Trip, do you get the +2 charge bonus to the Trip attempt?
>>
>>50132762
Are you the same religion or do mom and dad fight over which god is the right god like they did in my house?
>>
File: 1437429279597.jpg (60KB, 1000x759px) Image search: [Google]
1437429279597.jpg
60KB, 1000x759px
>>50132752
>Dnd is based on overcoming imagined and created challenges. As players we enjoy victory and triumphing over issues. If challenges and conflict are what make a character fun to play and you find that sometimes GMs fail to create varied challenges and conflict it's only natural that you play a character that is flawed to create conflict and challenges for yourself to overcome.

Yeah see, I'm gonna have to agree with this lil rascal here; playing the indomitable badass that only gets stronger from Session 1 is boring, better to begin play as a man or woman in a bad place and build from there.

Heck, I guess this is part of why I'm quite a fan of letting the DM use my character or their backstory as a punching bag if the story calls for it.
>>
>>50132762
>I can't demand that my party runs a specific composition for maximum memes.
I'm not talking duo-apps, I'm talking like quint-apps or similar.

>ywn run a game as OD/ZS team Dad with a loving 2DQT gf as Vitalist team Mom
>>
>>50132782
Planar binding is still allowed then? You're hecked.
>>
File: 1449595818486.jpg (13KB, 416x297px) Image search: [Google]
1449595818486.jpg
13KB, 416x297px
>>50132790
>Are you the same religion or do mom and dad fight over which god is the right god like they did in my house?

Depends on their backstory, senpai! The Ordained Defender could be the knightly protector of the Cleric, or they met on the road and decided each other made for pleasant company.
>>
>>50132813
I don't think it is either. Even then it isn't so strong that I have to be that worries.
>>
>>50132843
Iunno, binding efreeti for infinite wishes is a tad strong.
>>
>>50132813
>thinking planar binding will stop you from killing the caster
What planet do you live on?
>>
>>50132796
I agree for the most part, but I don't think you can easily make characters that are unstoppable baddasses. There's usually some kind of opportunity cost for character building. The OD/ZS Warder for example has typically garbage ACP, Reflex saves, stealth, Charisma, and likely ranged options as well. Just because it's efficient at what it does, doesn't mean that there aren't things it can't do/does poorly. And that's just mechanics; if we start taking in character backstory and personality, they might have other things that they are afraid of or weaknesses to other things.
>>
File: 1382545653231.png (353KB, 853x470px) Image search: [Google]
1382545653231.png
353KB, 853x470px
>>50132810
>I'm not talking duo-apps, I'm talking like quint-apps or similar.

Anon, you're starting to leave the realm of duo-apps and enter the well-charted waters of Session Zero, where players come to the table with a concept and you corral those cats to forge a unified backstory where everyone's linked with everyone.

But I've gotta agree that building party interactions like that from the get-go is muy bueno, Especially the one you spoilered there, you handsome rascal you. If you ran a game I'd easily want to play one of those roles.
>>
>>50132867
>tfw my players prefer it if i let them make their characters by themselves
>they then bitch that the party doesn't work
>>
If I use the level 1 Mithral Current maneuver Tidal Blade and Reaching Blade Stance with a Reach Weapon, what's the distance I can hit each of the two enemies? Is it two within 10-15 feet or one at 10 ft and one within 10 -15?
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84KB, 599x717px) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84KB, 599x717px
>>50132925

>mfw you're making me awfully curious as to how a campaign would recruit and play where the DM assigns very basic themes and party roles on the players

See, I was going to pooh-pooh that idea until I remember how all my best writing (and I'm sure many of the other people reading this) came from working within a narrow scope of what the character should or can be.
>>
>>50133038
Ideas are like muscles in that they need some resistance to grow well.

So we should control all thought
>>
>>50133038
I let the players create an area their character hails from and come with their story and give a reason as to why they are currently in the town the campaign starts in.

But the characters aren't going to fit and when I tell them to try and make some changes, they claim I'm being an iron-fisted control freak, so I decided fuck it, they can realize it on their own.
>>
>>50133110

See, you should take a page out of Paizo's book and implement something similar to mandatory Campaign Traits; sure, your character can be from this exotic land and have a tale of wonder and woe, but if you want to work in Korvosa you gotta explain to me why your wife is dead or your sister is missing.
>>
>>50132857
Unless he just abuses infinite wishes then it's fine. Planar binding itself is fine. You can just say "No using spell like abilities with high material costs".
>>
>>50133219
I should do that, yeah.

I wish my players weren't so averse to writing a page about their character.

Being an English professor that moonlights as a DM is an odd life.
>>
>>50133294
>I wish my players weren't so averse to writing a page about their character.

That's because you're throwing a blank piece of paper at them and expecting a quality story, you gotta give them structure dude. A body without bones is just a quivering pile of flesh and fat.
>>
>>50133294
>averse to writing a page about their character.
I would if it was a new group, since I'd be unsure if it would come up. But I know it won't come up for my group and it's demotivating to write a nice story to have it never show up. The worst part is my GM will still ask for a lengthy back story, when we know he won't use it.
>>
File: 1473248990622.png (119KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1473248990622.png
119KB, 342x298px
>>50133374
>I would if it was a new group, since I'd be unsure if it would come up.

But anon, that's the best time to write a lengthy backstory! Only then will you know if the DM loves killing off character families, or takes a plot hook and runs with it, or any myriad of other things a clever writer can do with a page of material.
>>
>>50133262
>Planar Binding
>Fine

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>50133262
The only time Planar Binding is "fine" is if it's used solely for meme purposes. Like summoning a Lillend to play during a grand banquet.
>>
>>50133440
And if the GM will ask for it but then ignore it? Or if he takes any family members and kills them for "plot"? What do you do then?
>>
>>50133294
>I wish my players weren't so averse to writing a page about their character.
I keep adding onto my form for new characters.

I don't generally take back stories that aren't in this form either, because I don't want to deal with that (because people will either give no info or lots of info that I can't use).

>Tell me where your character was born, and to who.
>Tell me what kind of region/cultural situation your character grew up in, including financial, social status, etc, and how this effected them.
>Tell me, in 1-2 sentences each, two defining moments of your character's young life.
>Tell me, in 1-2 sentences, how your character became the class he is, where he received training (if any) or how he learned on his own.
>Tell me four people your character has a connection with, either friends, family, rivals, or enemies. Describe who they are and the relation in 1-2 sentences.
>Tell me a current or former employer of your character. If you have multiple or many either choose the most significant or explain why you had many.
>Tell me if your character has any past or current lovers, if there are many or they are not important to your character, please specify. If there are none, please specify why.
>Tell me a one or two pieces of unfinished business your character has. This can be with a person, with an object, with a group, etc.
>Tell me a keep sake of your character. An object that is important to them. This can be a weapon, article of clothing, photograph, etc.
>Tell me how these defining moments/people lead you to [blank]
The blank is filled in by campaign, for my last campaign it was "join the Ash Eaters Mercenary Company".
>>
>>50133442
>>50133482
I've never had an issue with it unless they were using it to recreate spells with expensive material components.

Last time I have a PC who used it in a PvP game they had groups of elementals. I just teleported past them, killed the caster, and left.
>>
File: 1393155673453.jpg (310KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1393155673453.jpg
310KB, 1280x1440px
>>50133505
>all that info
>knowing that it won't go anywhere
>>
File: 1446230495584.jpg (57KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1446230495584.jpg
57KB, 750x750px
>>50133497
>What do you do then?

You take me for someone who doesn't get off to that kind of cheap, penny dreadful-tier schlock. If the DM tries to kill off a family member for some bullshit plot contrivance than I'll either roll with it (often in a way the DM didn't expect) or start the ole booty-bothered song and dance that either results in a retcon or someone being one player short. I much prefer the former, but hey the latter's fun too.

>And if the GM will ask for it but then ignore it?

Well then that's just a shitty deal and a sign you're going to have a bad time, I'd rather have a DM butcher my Original the Husbando (DO NOT STEAL) than just act like he doesn't exist.
>>
>>50133563
I mean if your GM is shit, yeah.

I don't use all of it, but I use some of it.
>>
>>50131758
So how /does/ Iomedae feel about the other two surviving Starstone gods, anyway?
>>
File: 1464710352591.jpg (52KB, 420x388px) Image search: [Google]
1464710352591.jpg
52KB, 420x388px
>>50133568
>>50133577
>thinking we can escape shit GMs
IT ALL
RETURNS
TO NOTHING
>>
>>50133440
So here is something I have brought up in games.

>Character has family
>BBEG fucking hates the PCs
>BBEG has the means to find out who the PC's families are
>BBEG kidnaps some of the PCs and uses their safety as a threat against the PCs
>The PCs did nothing to try and defend their families, have any means to ensure their safety, etc.
>Generally if the PCs have some kind of defense in the way I have the first attempt be a glancing blow (an example was a PC who hired several guards for the family, one of the guards ended up dying and the other escape with the family)

What I'm saying is if you're fighting a BBEG you know hates you, and you know has the means to find out who your family is, then you should try and defend them in some manner.
>>
>>50133619
>kidnaps some of the PC's families
>>
File: 1379825586903.jpg (639KB, 4994x2290px) Image search: [Google]
1379825586903.jpg
639KB, 4994x2290px
>>50133617

>Implying I try to escape the shitty DMs
>Implying I don't bask in the radiance of their awfulness and revel in every waifu mindbreak, brother murder or false accusation.

Nigga I love that shit, I LOVE it.
>>
>>50133598
She's fine with Cayden because he's cool and not a complte toss pot, as for the other one.....well, smite evil
>>
File: 1403537549995.png (240KB, 440x483px) Image search: [Google]
1403537549995.png
240KB, 440x483px
>>50133619
>and you know has the means to find out who your family is, then you should try and defend them in some manner.

This is why you make your fox-wife a level 18 sorceress, or heavily imply that woman you met out in the woods is a Hamadryad.
>>
>>50133648
>She's fine with Cayden because he's cool and not a complte toss pot

Cayden Cailean *is* a complete toss-pot though, it's suggested his hot ex-prostitute Herald is the one that does most of his legwork.
>>
>>50133664
I've had people do this. I generally tell folks family and relations shouldn't be TOO high level, depending on setting. I actually put the normal max at level 5, with a trait to make it 4 levels in a PC class and another trait to increase the max to 10.
>>
>>50133677
Allow me to rephrase: He doesn't have a murder cult dedicated to his name
>>
File: 1456620812569.png (10KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1456620812569.png
10KB, 320x310px
>>50133759
>I actually put the normal max at level 5, with a trait to make it 4 levels in a PC class and another trait to increase the max to 10.

>You will never play a high-level husband and wife power couple

I feel... Cold.
>>
>>50132764
So he is.
>>
>>50133836
...am I autistic then?

Because I didn't see him as being autistic.
>>
>>50132764
>>50132717

He's starting to sound like he was based on that Wildling Warg in Game of Thrones, the one that had an eagle and wolf and was obnoxiously autistic about warging into them to fuck bitches or eat people.
>>
Who thinks we should have an AP soon about a Starstone Ascension. Not the PCs ascending themselves, but some kind of event that causes numerous people to descend upon the Starstone at once to throw themselves against the test.

Perhaps someone ascending then a craze going through the adventuring community for people to try their luck.

There hasn't been an ascension since 3832 AR. It's 4716AR. It's closing in on a millennium since an ascension.

A TN guy ascending would be cool.
>>
>>50133855
I've never watched Game of Thrones, so I don't know what you're talking about, but I guess that works?
>>
>>50133832
Coordinate that with another PC, not make an NPC who is also a high level adventurer. Or take leadership.

I think having a level 10 PC spouse for two traits (who I don't allow to accompany you on adventures unless you have leadership) is fine.
>>
>>50133866
>Who thinks we should have an AP soon about a Starstone Ascension. Not the PCs ascending themselves, but some kind of event that causes numerous people to descend upon the Starstone at once to throw themselves against the test.

Personally I think it should just be a one-shot, I've seen DMs run it before and you've gotta be like Level 17 Mythic 8 to properly convey how powerful these guys are.

And fuck you, I wanna play an Elf to become the God of Elves, and he'd be Warhammer as fucc with soft flowing hair and good clothes.
>>
>>50133902
I think the Ascension should be a short adventure, but the test being something that can take you from level 1-20.

A second mythic game where during the test you gain levels and mythic ranks it'd be great.

Hell we know nothing about how it went last time, it's been a thousand years.
>>
>>50133598
Sounds like they need some Trumpets.
>>
>>50133921
>Hell we know nothing about how it went last time, it's been a thousand years.

Touching the Starstone gives you 2 mythic ranks and a free Divine Source ability.

That's it, that's all it does, the only way the Starstone gives you proper godhood is if the gods watching your Trial deem you worthy (and have a portfolio laying around that fits your shtick.)
>>
>>50133986
Where does it say this? Who deemed the current ascended worthy?
>>
>>50133986
Hilariously, this actually means that Cayden Calean impressed the existing gods so much they approved his ascension.

Probably because he wandered into the test solo and piss drunk, and still managed to beat it.
>>
Need some help with boss design.

The party is about to confront the BBEG ( a Lich ) and his two bodyguards.

The players are level 12 with one tier of mythic (this is a short campaign that's just killing time before we resume our actual campaign) and I'd like for the final encounter to still be a challenge.

I think the basic Lich template will work for him, but I'm not sure how I should handle the bodyguards.
>>
>>50133999
>Where does it say this?

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qaao?How-does-the-Starstone-work

>>50134016

Calistria might have helped, since it was suggested he took the Test for a shot at tapping that coked out Elven hooker ass.
>>
How can you protect yourself or others from having their soul taken?
>>
>>50134069
I don't trust forum posts at all. They contradict themselves constantly.
>>
>>50134106

Another thing to note is Aroden dragged the Starstone out of the sea and he still didn't ascend to Godhood from that act, all he got were Mythic tiers.
>>
>>50134061
Have him raise something huge that looked like a set piece? A dragon skeleton kept around, or a couple of statues of giant skeletons. The thing(s) he raised runs interference for his blasting and debuffs.Toss in some environmental problems too, have parts of the floor become difficult terrain as they're forced to deal with piles of what they had assumed were dismembered corpses that tug and pull them in if they get to close. Phase 2 the corpse piles roll towards the skeletons and make them into huge mounds of flesh and bone held together with magic.
>>
so I'm going a human and human offshoot only game. I removed half orcs and half elves. However I am considering including half ghouls and chaotic/lawful planar touched.

What other human offshoots should I put in?
>>
>>50134262
skinwalkers?
>>
>>50134268
Skin walkers are already in. I mean which should I home brew.
>>
>>50134284
Half-dwarfs, Half-humans, half-halves
>>
>>50134333
There are no non human humanoids. So half dwarves are out. Most monstrous humanoids are still in and most outsiders.
>>
File: Interspecies Crossbreeding table.jpg (244KB, 1017x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Interspecies Crossbreeding table.jpg
244KB, 1017x1032px
>>50134262
Can you tell us more about your campaign setting?
>>
>wrath of the righteous is still dead

kill me
>>
>>50134365

>Here lies Anon
>He never scored
>>
>>50134359
>not allowing celestial/fiend crossbreeds
How am I supposed to be the biggest mary sue imaginable?
>>
>>50134387
story of my life sounds about right
>>
>>50134414

You could always try to score in the myriad of other campaigns recruiting on Roll20, or even try your luck for a spot in the RotJR campaign!
>>
>>50134388
>not being an Aasimar with the Abyssal Bloodline
>and then taking the Angel Wings feat chain
>>
File: 1477574197494.jpg (19KB, 564x422px) Image search: [Google]
1477574197494.jpg
19KB, 564x422px
Post your characters weapon
>>
>>50134660
>>
>>50134660
It's a bigass sword he likes to hit people with.
>>
File: OverW Biotic Rifle.jpg (739KB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OverW Biotic Rifle.jpg
739KB, 1919x1080px
>>50134660
Basically this, except a crossbow
>>
File: Crusader's Crossbow.png (61KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Crusader's Crossbow.png
61KB, 512x512px
>>50134727
So it's this
>>
>>50134775
That was what I was looking for, actually, but it's been so long since I played TF2 that I could not for the life of me remember it.
>>
>>50134660
Well, I've got for each of my characters I'm currently playing:

A Cleric with a MWK Metal Club
A Ranger with a Mwk Sling
Gestalt Cleric/Warpriest with Chakram and Flurrying
Composite Longbow +2 for my The One build
Black Blade for my Bladebound Magus, and
Rapier for my Swashbuckler
>>
>>50134692
What are you, fuckin gay?
>>50134705
Wow that's descriptive, I bet he's the "strong silent type", enjoys mead but doesn't show it and has no family
>>50134727
What is this
>>50134803
>The One build
Does he carry a canteen that he uses for Perform checks?
>>
>>50134830
>What are you, fuckin gay?
No just alone
>>
>>50134830
Unfortunately no, but our GM gave all of us elemental powers, and as the guy who got Air I get to use perfect flight for free like that guy from Korra.
>>
>>50134830
>What is this

Shoot at enemy, hurt enemy. Shoot at ally, heal ally.
>>
File: CatAxe.png (54KB, 238x236px) Image search: [Google]
CatAxe.png
54KB, 238x236px
>>50134660
Only the cutest of axes.
>>
File: IMG_0326.jpg (38KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0326.jpg
38KB, 720x478px
So my character has obtained lichdom, the party has celebrated, but what now, where do you go from there? How does one obtain even more power?
>>
>>50134952
CONTROL THE MEDIA!
>>
>>50134952
Be the superpower of a civilization.
>>
File: 15D.gif (570KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
15D.gif
570KB, 500x281px
>>50134660
>>
>>50135012
Wargreymon best Digimon.
>>
>>50134952
>So my character has obtained lichdom, the party has celebrated, but what now, where do you go from there? How does one obtain even more power?

Go on a quest to find a mage that can give you a nicer body so you aren't just bones? Something with nice hair.
>>
>>50135071
Can't you just cast Restore Corpse for that kind of thing?
>>
File: IMG_0298.png (102KB, 314x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0298.png
102KB, 314x333px
>>50134989
>>50134997
I like both of these, but how does a shitty little rat skeleton control the media in a 16th century era land? Dominate person the ones with printing presses? Skeleton bards sent out to spread the word of my glory?
>>
>>50135142
Your right but it starts to rot and still looks rather waxy and, well dead, even with gentle reprose
>>
>>50135071
There is the Daywalker spell.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/daywalker
>>
>>50135162
Could've sworn there was a spell that prevented a corpse from rotting. It's either a level 1 or 2 spell.
>>
So i said the wrong thing and rolled badly and now my brand new character is going to be murdered by a gang of 5th level wizards.

Even if i defeat the wizards, more will come.

My party is okay with it because it means they get my treasure.

My gm is okay with it because "you rolled a one"

What should i do? Besides quit, that is.
>>
>>50135142
Only if the body wasn't mangled or decomposing before. Like if his body gets messed up in a fight or an assassination spell he couldn't heal it back to looking alive could he?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>50134660

What can I say, I've got a thing for spears.
>>
>>50134359
Hungary, but with dragons, native american samurai, witches, and over the top action.
>>
are Unarmed Strikes considered natural weapons for the purposes of a spell like BONE FISTS
>>
>>50135212 see
>>50135205
I forgot as well.
>>
File: Aldori Dueling Sword.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Aldori Dueling Sword.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>50134660

Given the Eastern roots of the River Kingdoms, I like to imagine this is what my Artisan | Warder for the RotJR campaign uses.
>>
>>50135213
The fuck?

No just leave, nothing good will come of anything from that.
>>
>>50135213
Kill yourself before the Wizards do, have the GM introduce one of the Wizards as your new PC and gang up with the other Wizards on your party who are coming for your gibs.
If said plan doesn't work just leave.
>>
>>50134830
he fucks ur mom and you call him daddy
>>
>>50135213
>rolled a one
>100% dead because you said the wrong thing
You can't crit fail a skill check.
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1337815587767.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>50133854
>>
>>50135261

I might as well. This will be the second character of mine that they've killed just for loot.

>>50135271
Not allowed to be a wizard. This is a custom campaign my GM is testing out where a group of wizards runs everything. All i did was say "my character plans on robbing the wizards some day" and now he's going to die. He didn't say the wizards were a secret, but "you rolled a one!" is all the argument he needs to waste my time.
>>
>>50135305

It wasn't a skill check, but he's homeruled that you can critically fail a skill check.

All i said was "my character is going to rob the wizards one day" and he said "high or low" and i said "high" and he rolled a one so that means my character gets killed.
>>
>>50135313
the fuck?
why did you even have to roll?
>>
File: FF1_GBA_Sprite_-_Iron_Shield.png (428B, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
FF1_GBA_Sprite_-_Iron_Shield.png
428B, 240x240px
>>50134660
>>
>>50135213
Kill someone, take their identity and then plot to bring the magocracy down. Become a fantasy Jason Borne.
>>
File: 1477554661527.png (262KB, 911x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1477554661527.png
262KB, 911x1152px
>>50135327
>>
>>50135327
>All of that

Your GM's a cunt, bruh
>>
>>50135341

That would require continuing to play that GM's game. And quite frankly, that's sounding less and less like the winning move.
>>
>>50135360

>Elsbeth smokes
>But she doesn't drink and she doesn't have sex

The fuck kind of Frenchwoman is she?
>>
>>50135327
Is your group a bunch of 14 year olds with powertripping GM and a bunch of sociopathic murderhobos? Why don't they start to kill each other in turns, taking their loot, making new characters, taking their starting gold and continue until the are rich?
>>
>>50135413

30 year olds, but yes.

>Why don't they start to kill each other in turns, taking their loot, making new characters, taking their starting gold and continue until the are rich?

because i'm their whipping boy. Low self esteem ftw.
>>
>>50135437
Don't be a fuckboy and just quit. They clearly don't value you or the time you put into a new character. Allowing this to continue is what gives you low self esteem.
>>
>>50135437
Just start giving them blowjobs under the table or leave. Jesus, I can already imagine all of them laughing at you and you just sitting there all awkward or spurting some lame one-liners or excuses.
>>
>>50135437
Leave you retard
>>
>>50135437

You should stay! These people sound like amazing people!
>>
File: fucking man.jpg (65KB, 298x238px) Image search: [Google]
fucking man.jpg
65KB, 298x238px
>>50135437
Make sure you lube up your ass and let them all fuck you. Dress up in some girl clothes and take your fucking hormone pills you little bitch cake boy.
>>
File: WAT.jpg (29KB, 424x300px) Image search: [Google]
WAT.jpg
29KB, 424x300px
>>50135608
>>
File: 1455482305208.jpg (410KB, 1024x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1455482305208.jpg
410KB, 1024x1450px
>>50135619

You heard her, take your bitch pills and bring plenty of lube for the group's next session.
>>
File: Ehh.png (199KB, 528x542px) Image search: [Google]
Ehh.png
199KB, 528x542px
>>50135632
That's fucking gay. Don't do lewd things with multiple players. Keep it to one or they'll fight
Sex with other players is the best way to make a campaign fall apart. Being the group bicycle at one point proved that to me beyond a doubt.
>>
>>50135619

Why does that succubus (male) look like it has boobs?
>>
>>50135608
Where...where is this from?
>>
>>50135713
I don't know. Fuck off fag.
>>
File: 1448684209132.jpg (171KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1448684209132.jpg
171KB, 1280x1024px
>>50135686
>Being the group bicycle at one point proved that to me beyond a doubt.

People don't like competition, however people do like having fun.

Clearly you should've only fucked them if you were going to fuck *all* of them.
>>
>>50135723
No need for hostility anon.
>>
>>50135757
stop censoring me
>>
>>50135730
At once? They were really conservative people that claimed to be straight but that they just liked blowjobs and needed some release. They didn't even know I was having sex with the other people until someone showed up early to a session.
>>
So theoretical point being made here, if you wanted to make your Pathfinder sessions more inherently anime, would giving every character and their abilities "Awesome Blow" inherently work?
>>
File: 123457534565787.jpg (102KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
123457534565787.jpg
102KB, 718x718px
>>50135767
Maybe censoring people is my kink. Who are you to tell me how to live my life?
>>
>>50135782
>would giving every character and their abilities "Awesome Blow" inherently work?

Yes, you should also check out giving them Path of War maneuvers (but only if they announce their strike each time it's used.)
>>
>>50135791
I don't listen to cake boys so no
>>
>>50135782
Or, alternatively, if we wanted to make this even more anime, Greater Awesome Blow so people go flying crazy distances with good rolls.
>>
File: 1446001799617.jpg (32KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
1446001799617.jpg
32KB, 396x353px
>>50135781
>They didn't even know I was having sex with the other people until someone showed up early to a session.

>Sucking dick in the game room

Dude, why. That's sacred ground man, find a bathroom or something.
>>
File: 1379801729360.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1379801729360.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>50135807
>>50135782

>mfw that Elemental Flux strike that flings the enemy back 5 feet for every 5 points of damage dealt

I can't begin to describe how hard I gushed at landing a critical with that one.
>>
>>50135813
>Giving the suc
Look, the table was at just the right height and I think the GM had some strange thing about doing it without people knowing. I'm not gonna complain about getting dick but I will complain about me lacking the foresight to deal with people freaking out about it after.
>>
File: 134565456545654.gif (297KB, 498x354px) Image search: [Google]
134565456545654.gif
297KB, 498x354px
>>50135801
>cake boy
What are you, in your 40's? No wonder you're so full of anger you're probably all alone suffering a mid-life crisis because nobody likes you and your outdated slang, having nothing better to do then bother people minding their own business in a TTRPG general. How sad.
>>
File: Tomoko.jpg (82KB, 442x351px) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko.jpg
82KB, 442x351px
>>50135781
Sooo, you looking for a game now?
>>
File: 1472089785510.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472089785510.png
78KB, 282x300px
Can we please be excellent to each other?
>>
File: 1467611709888.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467611709888.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>50135915
Yes! So how was your day today? I slayed some cultists in my session last night and am being followed around by a haunted doll for taking 2 platinum from an abandoned bedroom in an asylum! It's spooky, but fun.
>>
>>50135795
I've never seen these, they're really cool. I wonder why I rarely ever see them utilized in my group's games?
>>
>>50135437
Ask yourself this. Are you truly willing to put up with that, for even one more day? Do you have any reason to keep their favor?
>>
>>50135955
A lot of DMs don't want to go full anime I guess, especially when it comes to the PCs
>>
File: 1469397856382.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1469397856382.gif
14KB, 416x416px
>>50135938
>So how was your day today?

I didn't game today, but yesterday we traveled the roads as knight-hopefuls going from a trade city to a town! We didn't get a whole lot in the way of story besides meeting the awesome members of our group, but next week's our first big quest! I'm so excited!
>>
>>50135608

I'm going to lose a job and my only friends.

Oh well. Not like i'll be missed.
>>
File: 1458598251624.gif (796KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1458598251624.gif
796KB, 500x281px
>>50135251

>Shashka as the Dueling Sword
>>
>>50135791
We aren't obligated to kowtow to your kinks.
>>
>>50135975

the gm offered me a job at one of his stores, and the other two are my only friends.

so no. it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1478381577599.png (195KB, 417x578px) Image search: [Google]
1478381577599.png
195KB, 417x578px
>>50135991
You better lube up that asshole real good and tell them that you're into cleaning their shit covered cocks with your mouth too then. If your job is dependent on these cunts you better be ready for all night suck and fuck marathons.
>>
File: 1454046291688.jpg (69KB, 540x418px) Image search: [Google]
1454046291688.jpg
69KB, 540x418px
>>50135906
Actually yes, but I mostly do online games now and I stopped offering lewd things for friends since I got a boyfriend who's very into monogamy.
>>
>>50136018

You're just reminding me that everyone is like this.
>>
So do you choose themes for your character before hand?

How edgy are these themes:
>The Cuckoo's Dilemma
>There Are No Strings On Me
>What Goes Around Comes Around
>>
File: 1478372760836.jpg (14KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1478372760836.jpg
14KB, 184x184px
>>50136030
Because you've allowed yourself to become """friends""" with people like this who are horrible. Now continue to be a dreg in society and an absolute gutter tier piece of shit or work on improving your life even if it means being without a job where you gotta polish old man dick.
>>
>>50136042
>So do you choose themes for your character before hand?

Of course I do, but my themes are based on literary characters and hypothetical character arcs.
>>
>>50136045
But you're no different from them.

The reality is that everyone is horrible, especially in loser circles like those around tabletop games.
>>
File: 123425634233546578675645.gif (448KB, 409x226px) Image search: [Google]
123425634233546578675645.gif
448KB, 409x226px
>>50135987
I wish you the best of luck in the future of your campaign anon!
>>
Guys, what are the strongest PoW classes, archetypes, and disciplines? I want to be THE BEST.
>>
File: 1478373276411.jpg (21KB, 457x306px) Image search: [Google]
1478373276411.jpg
21KB, 457x306px
>>50136070
I'm treating you like the trash you're evidently allowing yourself to be treated as. Accept you can be better and act like you got some self respect or don't.
>>
Oh look, this shit again

Are the audio dramas any good?
>>
>>50132787
You can replace any melee attack with a trip, disarm or sunder attempt. So yes.
>>
File: 1456901068842.jpg (25KB, 327x240px) Image search: [Google]
1456901068842.jpg
25KB, 327x240px
>>50136076

Thank you, squishy tomato girl! I'll do my best!
>>
>>50136079
The BEST PoW is also the best at getting your GM to ban it and never allow it again.

The real best is what you think is fun.
>>
>>50136070
Stop being a fucking sad sack with your fucking pity party. No, not everyone is shit. You obviously are though as you try to drag others down to your level.
>>
>>50136085
My fetish is being treated like trash, talk dirty to me anon
does anyone know what happened to those bully threads on /r9k/?
>>
>>50136085
If it didn't reek of desperation, i'd be bothered by it.
>>
>>50136079
Like no one ever was?
>>
File: 1472464823788.jpg (111KB, 625x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472464823788.jpg
111KB, 625x720px
>>50136079
>Guys, what are the strongest PoW classes, archetypes, and disciplines? I want to be THE BEST.

No, give us a character concept and we will wrap it up with the right class and disciplines.

We are not here to manufacture a party-killing machine.
>>
>>50136130
>not everyone is shit

>acts like shit

Good one.
>>
>>50136132
No. My treating people like garbage serves to try and improve.

>>50136130
This guy gets it. I guess if losers are happy wallowing in their own shit, they can.
>>
File: 1448773760268.png (93KB, 339x261px) Image search: [Google]
1448773760268.png
93KB, 339x261px
>>50136132

Fuck off with that shit, you sad waste of oxygen. What makes you think we're here to get your sorry sack off? Crawl off to that greasy cesspit of degenerates on /soc/, I'm sure you'll fit right in.
>>
>>50136119
No, my GM isn't going to ban it. I keep asking what is strong in PoW and /pfg/ can't seem to fucking answer. Come on guys.
>>
>>50136163
So the guy should continue to put up with bullshit?

Leaving would be avoiding the problem.

Which is it, jackass?
>>
File: sadbatman.gif (916KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
sadbatman.gif
916KB, 400x300px
>>50131833
>post thing
>thread nothing but shitposting

well okay then, I guess this wasn't even a very good conversion anyway
>>
>>50136175

All of it is strong, anon.

What we're asking you is what you want to play, give us a CHARACTER IDEA.
>>
>>50136171
>talking on a chinese cartoon board about fantasy games

>lol, what losers those guys are
>>
File: 1391453821416.jpg (122KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1391453821416.jpg
122KB, 960x540px
>>50136151
Oh, and you get fucking defensive every time someone wants to challenge your little shit hole attitude. I have fun with my group and have a great time with TTRPGs. People try and tell you to just get out because there are better things and you fucking whine. Sure, if you want to stay where you're miserable fucking go ahead. People who do nothing to solve their problems when they have the means to don't deserve pity.

Fuck off. No seriously.

Or kill yourself, I don't care. You're not wanted here.
>>
>>50136187
I want to play the strongest possible character in PoW. Really, does no one know the answer to this?

At this moment, for this exercise, the character concept isn't the point. I want to know what is strong in PoW.
>>
>>50136215
>what is strong in PoW
Pretty much everything.
>>
>>50136198

>stand up for yourself

>oh now you're getting fucking defensive lol little shit

Are you insane?
>>
>>50136215

Okay fine, play a Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) and trait into Elemental Flux. Focus on Elemental Flux, Primal Fury and Piercing Thunder in the mid-late game.

Is this what you wanted?
>>
>>50136198
>I get mad when people say casters aren't overpowered
>>
>>50136224
You're standing up for yourself by telling people on the internet you enjoy wallowing in your misery. Fuck off with your drama bullshit. I don't care about your garbage group.

>>50136228
Thank you. Those all sound on the offensive side. What about on defense and control? I heard Shattered Mirror/Riven Hourglass/Sleeping Goddess are the better control ones, and Eternal Guardian/Iron Tortoise are the strongest defense.

>>50136220
Not just strong, strongest.

>>50136236
I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about his shit hole pity party. Oh and notice how are conveniently just after a minute apart from the last post. Fuck off. I don't normally call samefag, but god damn this is blatant.
>>
>>50136228
>Not recommending Steel Serpent Stalker instead

Come on, anon.
>>
>>50136282
>You're standing up for yourself by telling people on the internet you enjoy wallowing in your misery. Fuck off with your drama bullshit. I don't care about your garbage group.

More like i'm confused by the amount of hate you are expressing. It certainly makes you hard to take seriously when you're more unstable than i am.

Is leaving avoiding the problem, or standing up for myself?

Because it seems to be both.
>>
>>50136282
>What about on defense and control? I heard Shattered Mirror/Riven Hourglass/Sleeping Goddess are the better control ones, and Eternal Guardian/Iron Tortoise are the strongest defense.

The strongest offense is a good defense, and Piercing Thunder has a stance that gives you +4 Dodge and +5 reach... And Elemental Flux gives you +4 Dodge, +4 Initiative and another stance for Fly.

You're looking at mid-30s AC (and mid-20s Touch) with 15 foot range and +50 damage per strike at level 12, and for a full-round action you can pump that AoO range to 30 feet.
>>
>>50136317
>The strongest offense is a good defense

STRONGEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE, FUCK.
>>
>>50136317
>The strongest offense is a good defense
This is true except having strong counters is really important to a character and having both primal fury and piercing thunder doesn't do much.

It's better to have a:
>strong offense discipline
>strong control discipline
>strong defense discipline
So you can respond to a variety of situations. You dip into the control generally.

>>50136302
>Is leaving avoiding the problem, or standing up for myself?
Leaving is leaving a environment you obviously don't enjoy. Really, if you want to subject yourself to it then be my guest, but posts like >>50135991 just reek of someone begging for fucking pity.

>More like i'm confused by the amount of hate you are expressing. It certainly makes you hard to take seriously when you're more unstable than i am.
>Oh bluh bluh bluh, someone is mean to me on 4chinz
No fuck off, your drama shit isn't wanted here.
>>
>>50136354
>Leaving is leaving a environment you obviously don't enjoy.

So i should avoid my problems?
>>
>>50136367
People generally consider avoiding problems to be a good thing. IGNORING them is bad. Solving them is good.

And in this case, Solving and Avoiding coincide.
>>
>>50136354

Also, you're acting like a total cunt so how am i supposed to know if you're doing this just to get me to abandon my group?
>>
File: 1391753709386.gif (2MB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1391753709386.gif
2MB, 250x194px
>>50136367
Listen kid. What do you seek to gain out of confronting people you don't like to try and change a game you don't like?

"Avoiding your problems" is fucking fine when the alternative is to continu

You know what, why am I even fucking bothering. You're obviously just here for a pat of the back and a wank over how miserable you are. I'm done with this.
>>
File: Black Mage.png (16KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
Black Mage.png
16KB, 245x235px
>>50136367
>"Boy, this beartrap sure is painful."

>"Why don't you remove it?"

>"Oh what, and let the beartrap win?"
>>
>>50136400
>People generally consider avoiding problems to be a good thing.

That certainly explains the state of the world.

How is avoiding a problem not ignoring it?
>>
>>50136416
Avoiding as in taking steps to not encounter them, jackass.

It's like avoiding a fucking bear.
>>
File: 1_please_dont_touch_anything.jpg (12KB, 508x298px) Image search: [Google]
1_please_dont_touch_anything.jpg
12KB, 508x298px
Ladies and gentlemen, I see you've got a failure of communication here.

Maybe everyone speak in the plainest words they can, so each side actually understands what the other is saying?
>>
>>50136407
>What do you seek to gain out of confronting people you don't like to try and change a game you don't like?

In this case? a job and friends. I'm homeless and jobless, i guess i could just stick with that. Misanthropy will only help.

>You know what, why am I even fucking bothering. You're obviously just here for a pat of the back and a wank over how miserable you are. I'm done with this.

Humans are great. Maybe the issue isn't that i don't deserve to exist, but that nobody does.
>>
>>50136416
I hold a gun to your head. I tell you "You can avoid this". You refuse to because that would let me win. You then die.
>>
>>50136410
>"I know, I'll go tell other people about the beartrap!"

>"So they can tell you how to get out of it?"

>"No, so they know that I'm still caught in a beartrap."
>>
>>50136449
>>50136410

It's telling that you have to jump this high to make an excuse that fits the tortured logic.
>>
>>50136447
>In this case? a job and friends. I'm homeless and jobless, i guess i could just stick with that. Misanthropy will only help.
What and these people who make you miserable are your friends? If you don't play with them they fire you on the spot? Just don't socialize with your fucking coworkers.
>>
>>50136447
>Nobody deserves to exist

Look at this little shitbag who thinks he's edgy.

The point of nihilism is that since nothing has intrinsic value, we're free to ascribe value to whatever we want.

You clearly put more importance on your own misery and getting people to feel sorry for you than you do on yourself, so why the fuck should we care about you?
>>
>>50136465
So what you're fucking telling me is these people that you obviously don't like are your only "friends", and that the second you can't play in their game they fire you?

This is some defeatist persecution complex logic right here.
>>
>>50136469
>What and these people who make you miserable are your friends?
Yep. I can thank child abuse for that.

>If you don't play with them they fire you on the spot?
Well if leaving the group is healthy then surely turning down the offer to work with them would also be healthy.

>Just don't socialize with your fucking coworkers.
They're not.
>>
>>50136481
>You clearly put more importance on your own misery and getting people to feel sorry for you than you do on yourself, so why the fuck should we care about you?
And your only joy in life is kicking those who are down?

>>50136484
Yep. Good ol child abuse. That's my fault too.

Look at you fine folks. Are you examples of people i should be friends with? I'd hardly notice the difference. You're nice as long as you're appeased, like everyone.
>>
File: 1421299917338.gif (581KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1421299917338.gif
581KB, 320x240px
>>50136447
>Humans are great. Maybe the issue isn't that i don't deserve to exist, but that nobody does.
You edgy piece of garbage. Go have a pity wank somewhere else. Fucking christ.
>>
>>50136515
>people suck

>how offensive, i will prove his contention
>>
>>50136491
>Yep. I can thank child abuse for that.
>>50136509
>Yep. Good ol child abuse. That's my fault too.
No seriously. We don't care about how your dad diddled you. You don't want to solve anything so might as well jack it to how miserable you are.

>Look at you fine folks. Are you examples of people i should be friends with?
You're equating how people act on 4chan to real life. Obviously the people you play with are. Fucking come out from under your pity rock and actually go find another game. Or another fucking job if these fuckers are who you work with.

>You're nice as long as you're appeased, like everyone.
You just sound underaged now. Fucking christ you miserable little shit. If you're this fucking bad go see a shrink or kill yourself, we're not here to inflate your ego.
>>
>>50136509
And yet you're still here, getting shit on, because you're too dumb to leave. That part definitely is your fault.
>>
>>50136509
Leave the group, leave here, find a different job. Just fuck off.
>>
File: character creation charts.jpg (344KB, 1425x597px) Image search: [Google]
character creation charts.jpg
344KB, 1425x597px
>>50135229
If I wanted examples of Hungary, what should I look at?
>>
>>50136689

That was clearly written by a German.
>>
>>50136689
This man did not like Poles or Hungarians
>>
>>50135230
Only if you are a Monk.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk
>A monk's unarmed strike is treated as both a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons.

Otherwise, use the chart.
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules#TOC-Natural-Attacks

>>50136719
Englishmen and Spaniards are viewed favorably.
>>
>>50136773
>Englishmen and Spaniards are viewed favorably.

And Germans the most favorably of all.
>>
>>50136773
Excellent this also applies to brawlers
>>
File: Demilich concept.jpg (16KB, 298x370px) Image search: [Google]
Demilich concept.jpg
16KB, 298x370px
>>50135071
Become a demilich.

>>50136793
I would ask /his/ or /int/, but I'm going to sleep soon.
>>
File: 1282078822690.jpg (556KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1282078822690.jpg
556KB, 1280x1024px
Effective but strait-forward build for a 2h-weapon warrior dwarf?

As far as I know, anything goes, but I'm not super deep into Pathfinder (i know my d20 though) and I'd prefer to keep it to one class; two at most.

Starting level 7.
~25k starting gold.
>>
>>50136915
First of all, while 2h-weapon warrior will give you a lot of damage it isn't the strongest fighter.

Be a Mutation Warrior and use two handed weapons. Also be VMC barbarian for that sweet sweet rage.
>>
>>50136719
Obviously, since the original picture is written in German.
>>
>>50136962

I could tell by the writing style and parchment.
>>
File: 1337630241282.jpg (92KB, 343x500px) Image search: [Google]
1337630241282.jpg
92KB, 343x500px
>>50136960
I'm not worried about stats, I just want to be a dorf.
I'm also not against using magic, but I'd like something more conventionally dorfy; thematically.
>>
>>50136915
Barbarian would be a good choice, because it's rather straightforward as long as you keep track of your bonuses. It also gives you a decent amount of customization with Rage Powers once you get more into the system.
>>
>>50136960
Out of curiosity, what would you say is the strongest fighter?
I've mainly heard that 2h is the strongest sort of melee combat style, second only to archery overall.
>>
>>50137013
Hmmm... good dorfy fighter.

When I think dwarf I think a stout sort of tough man. Mutation Warrior wouldn't be the best, because with it you'll be sprouting wings and growing fangs.

Eldritch Guardian gives you a familiar, but you can fluff it at level 7 as essentially having an animal companion. Have it be a Mauler. It'll be clever, but not too clever. You can have a medium sized bat companion to compliment your dwarfy-ness. It's blindsight will help a lot, as will a medium creature's flight. Once it gets high enough strength you can have it carry you around (buy it muleback cords to help).

It would have 16 strength, with mulebacks it counts as having 24 str for carrying capacity. That's 233 pounds for its medium load, meaning if you're a midweight dwarf (180lbs) you can have 55lbs of gear on and it still can carry you. Grab a bag of holding for yourself and let it fly.

So you're a dwarf with a massive bat friend, that fits dwarfy.

Now be a normal fighter, armor/weapon training and all. The new Advanced Armor/Weapon trainings make base fighter a lot more viable. You'll be looking at your first advanced armor training at level 7.

VMC is a great idea for Fighters as you already have a ton of feats. If I could make a suggestion Barbarian/Cavalier if you like being fighty. If you want some skill monkey in you grab Bard (will give you knowledge skills), bard also lets you buff, being a battle commander sort of deal.

Your first armor training should be armor specalization for that free AC, or Master Armorer as it lets you craft magic armor for yourself. Both fit the dwarfy feel.

Sorry I kind of rambled here.
>>
>>50137138
So here are some things to consider.

Strength has more support over all, in that a fighter can use VMC to get rage for strength, and can use Eldritch Heritage for a lot more strength.

Dexterity does not have this support and thus it is harder for a fighter to reach the same heights.

Archery also requires both strength and dex.

The thing archery does is let you hit from range and while at range full attack in situations the fighter can't. However Fighters can not natively get dimension door using Item Mastery and quality for dimensional assault feats. Using teleport tactician and the like they are able to pin down opponents after teleporting to them rather well.

Autism-fighter uses 2 handed.
>>
File: Lord Boros.png (2MB, 1024x1149px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Boros.png
2MB, 1024x1149px
What disciplines does this lad use?
>>
>>50137294
Broken Blade
Fools Errand
His energy stuff isn't from E.Flux, it's from him being a monster.
>>
>>50137013
Barbarian. You want a good ol' 2handing Barbarian. Get the Sunder Spell line for optimal Dwarf Anti-magic
>>
Is it bad that I really enjoy being "2edgy5you" "my name is not important" "nothing personnel kid" kinds of characters like my antipaladin? It's not nearly the only thing I like but being an intentionally edgy edgelord is a fun theme to play as.
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598KB, 438x750px) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598KB, 438x750px
>That spat in the RotJR CharGen thread
>>
>>50137482

Fun things are fun, anon. If you're enjoying yourself and the others are liking it than more power to you.
>>
File: study.png (144KB, 1126x593px) Image search: [Google]
study.png
144KB, 1126x593px
Boy this thread went to shit, didn't it?

What have you or your GMs done/are doing for games to liven things up a bit? My GM brought up how he wants to more or less update Wordcasting for his game (ultimately due to the system never getting anymore support after its printing). This is likely going to be a headache, but at the same time I'm morbidly curious as to where he wants to go with it. I'd offer a bit more information off-hand along with a few of my thoughts on the matter, but my brain's been fried for the last two days.
>>
File: 1412049341657.jpg (89KB, 667x914px) Image search: [Google]
1412049341657.jpg
89KB, 667x914px
>>50137482
>tfw I just want to be part of a mildly successful thieves guild
>>
>>50137268
That seems like it goes along with what I was saying about 2h being good. I didn't consider the possibilities of dimensional agility things though.
>>
So I am a natural attack fighter. In order to get the most natural attack possible I have done the following:

>Gore
Demonic Implant (Crown of Horns)
>Hooves x2
Demonic Implant (Brazen Hooves)
>Claws x2
Demonic Implant (Demon Talon)
>Bite
Half-orc Racial Trait (Toothy)
>Sting
Cloak of the Manta Ray

I still need wing attacks and possibly tentacles. Any ideas?
>>
>>50137389
If he wants to be Fuck magic he should just be an arcane bloodrager, better than barb anyway
>>
>>50137490

What happened? i was at work
>>
>>50137482
Ironic edgelord is perfectly fine.
>>
>>50137527
>I'd offer a bit more information off-hand along with a few of my thoughts on the matter, but my brain's been fried for the last two days.

I'd answer your question, but I've got the same problem.
>>
>>50137490
ESE needs to climb into an oven already.

>>50137527
I'm working with another GM so we can do some team GMing and take turns swapping in and out of the GM seat for the campaign. We complement each others GM style and while my friend is a little inexperienced with GMing it should be hella fun!
>>
>>50137527
For our last session our GM homemade our boss battle out of an iron man, some demon toy's wings, some other assorted parts, and a whole lot of paint.
>>
>>50137555

Touhou started asking verbose questions about how much optimization the DM wanted, and when the DM said the very reasonable, "Just don't be a dick about it" Touhou exploded because that's not a firmly established parameter and, "It's Gestalt with PoW! That means the ceiling must be huge! Give me more data!"
>>
>>50137580

I have a feeling i'd be very under-powered considering i'm going all 1pp. And playing Monk/Sacred fist, the least optimal combo.

Then again, i don't want to be a cheese.
>>
File: Firelands_TCG.jpg (155KB, 750x588px) Image search: [Google]
Firelands_TCG.jpg
155KB, 750x588px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsXglDs81FU

Campaign all about invading the Plane of Fire and restoring Atreia the Lambent Prince to his throne when?
>>
>>50137607
I've played in a high powered gestalt with PoW allowed.
The monk/sacred fist was the most destructive member of the party in terms of raw damage, and it's not like any of the initiators held back too much.

Pre-errata MoMS monk with dragon and pummeling style was basically a onepunch man build.

It was great fun for everyone except maybe the DM.
>>
>>50137562
What about unironic? What is the difference between "ironic" and "unironic" if you're doing it intentionally either way?
>>
>>50137611
When they decide to do literally any campaign that has largely to do with the elemental Planes to begin with. Seriously out of everything else that's the biggest thing I'm salty about, that that kind of adventure path doesn't already exist.
>>
>>50137611
Fucking aggra. Give thrall back his balls
>>
>>50137607
>Then again, i don't want to be a cheese.

Most of the combinations look more like havarti and muenster than gouda.
>>
>>50137607
Wuff is all 1pp to so you're probably fine
>>
>People who join random 3pp games to play 1pp

Why though
>>
>>50137656
Ironic may be the wrong word, but self-awareness is important with this sort of thing. There's a huge difference between what you're doing and the Coldsteel the Hedgeheg levels of edge some people will go for thinking that they're just making a cool, original character.
>>
>>50137704
It's more about getting into any game.
>>
Which would be better for an Ordained Defender Warder, Dwarf or Oread? I've narrowed my options to those two.
>>
>>50137540
Anyone?
>>
>>50137704

More familiar with it than PoW. Besides, i had the character concept and build all ready to go, just had to convert to gestalt so i saved me a bunch of time.
>>
>>50137649
>monk/sacred fist was the most destructive member of the party in terms of raw damage, and it's not like any of the initiators held back too much.
jesus fucking christ how?
>>
>>50137661
Are those less strong cheeses or something?
>>
>>50137726
They would be about even honestly. I personally would choose dwarf.
>>
>>50137716

There are tons of those on Roll20 tho.

>>50137738

Because /pfg/ is full of number-crunching nannies that think you're going to die screaming if you deviate even a step from they're optimized builds.
>>
>>50137540
The easiest way to do that would actually be a Ragebred Skinwalker, since they can get Hoof and Gore natural attacks (arguably the most difficult natural attacks to replicate elseswhere). From there, you can get claws from a quick 2-level dip into Barbarian for Beast Totem, and any other natural attacks from the occasional magic item.
>>
>>50137741

Havarti and Muenster are very soft, oil-rich cheeses. Very flavorful.

Gouda, cheddar and colby are hard cheeses. Gotta chew 'em a bit to get the goodness.

It was a Wisconsin joke. We like cheese here.
>>
>>50135619
Is there more of this demon girl?
>>
>>50137750
>There are tons of those on Roll20 tho.
They're all trash.

>>50137750
>from they're optimized builds
>they're

That being said it's more people who purposefully make their characters bad, then complain about being useless that are a problem. I've seen it before.
>>
>>50137750
No i mean how do you build a Initiator to be out-damaged by a MONK?
>>
>>50137761
I already have hoozes and gore. I need even rarer, wing, and I can't do it with a spell. It has to be a magic item.
>>
File: 1462205401199.jpg (50KB, 243x380px) Image search: [Google]
1462205401199.jpg
50KB, 243x380px
>>50137764
No
>>
>>50137707
..What, do you think Coldsteel the Hedgehog wasn't ironic?
>>
File: 1443147358759.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443147358759.png
168KB, 400x400px
>>50137766

Hey hey, hey! Don't make fun of my spelling problems, I'm having a rough night!

And only like 80% of the games on Roll20 are trash, you need to dive into that dumpster if you want a gem.
>>
>>50137788
But I can fine a gem there.

That being said I'm planning on an Initiating Paladin/Oracle.
>>
>>50137707
Sometimes I do wonder if my characters are cringeworthy to others because they're edgy for any reason even if it's intentional. It's kind of hard to help that since I'm supposed to be roleplaying it and I enjoy making a thought out backstory to my characters. Pretty much why I asked if I should be ashamed of it, because to me it doesn't seem like it's coldsteel levels but someone may think it is already just for being an antipaladin at all.
>>
>>50137743
Yeah, going by point buy they are identical unless I want to have 20 Str. It was more about racial features. I like the Dwarf's anti-magic options, but the Oread's ability to create rough terrain around himself is nice too.
>>
>>50137806
>Sometimes I do wonder if my characters are cringeworthy to others because they're edgy for any reason even if it's intentional

Everyone thinks their character is coming across as bad or mediocre, it's natural.
>>
>>50137787
No, I'm talking about people who go as far as Coldsteel without realizing it.

>>50137806
I wouldn't sweat it. No one will put as much thought into your character as you will.
>>
>>50137779
Dread Wing armor can grant a pair of 1d6/1d4 secondary wing attacks, although it's pretty pricey as a +5 enchantment.
>>
>>50137804
>But I can fine a gem there.

Roll20 recruits maybe once a month, and half of those fill up within 24 hours.
>>
>>50137787

Coldsteel had to have been serious.

If Coldsteel wasn't serious, what edgelord cringe was?
>>
File: Vega.full.1463030.jpg (244KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Vega.full.1463030.jpg
244KB, 1400x1400px
Speaking of edge...

How would you stat the Spanish Ninja?
>>
>>50137775
By not being damage focused.

Knight Chandler focused on flying and kiting and got through a bunch of battles without taking even a scratch, while buffing allies and doing reasonable damage, and some debuffing as well.

Fiendbound Warder focused on AoOs and grappling and locking everything down, and was really good at that. Really I think the DM saw that as the biggest threat, even though the damage wasn't high.

Meanwhile the Monk charges up with 5 attacks of ~30 damage each every round (I think; it's been a while).

Later on most players rerolled for a new story arc and someone built a bushi warder/grammatton that broke the numbers to a silly level with Thrashing Dragon, but that's another story.
>>
I don't suppose Villains Codex has been shared yet?
>>
>>50137873
Please do not use my name, you're going to confuse people and they'll become irate with me for things I haven't done.
>>
>>50137895
Don't try to lay claim to the little piece of Nightfall in all of our hearts and minds.
>>
>>50137895

I shall say the same to you, as you shouldn't use things that do no belong to you.
>>
>>50137895
Nightfall belongs to the people!
>>
>>50137895
shut up faggot
>>
we are ALL nightfall on this blessed day.
>>
Ooh, are we having some ROLEPLAY tonight?
>>
Boy you guys are assholes. :p

Also if I call you names I'd prefer to use Shakespearean insults. Get it straight, you bawdy dismal-dreaming varlots.
>>
DEUS VULT!
>>
>>50137704
If I had to guess its because /pfg/ games are actually usually decent quality, and because some people just don't like some of the 3pp material or don't have a character idea that works with them in mind.
>>
>>50137895
What a little shit, trying to steal my name.
>>
>>50137920
I'm not.
>>
>>50137863

I think Vega, or as he's known in japan Balrog, is a poor choice for a pathfinder character as using manufactured weapons is sub optimal.
>>
>>50137947
i am ALL nightfall on this blessed day.
>>
>>50137947

Same here.
>>
>>50137923

You need to find better ways to insult me, wayward plume-plucked clotpole
>>
>>50137928
It doesn't make you any less of a faggot though
>>
>>50137928
You milk livered minnow. Take it back harlot.
>>
File: 1423065762427.png (487KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1423065762427.png
487KB, 900x900px
>>50137957
>You need to find better ways to insult me

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
>>
>>50137962

At least you're trying...fawning pottle-deep malcontent
>>
>>50137737
>>50137938

While that's fine, I can't help but feel that there's a bigger chance of being overshadowed if you do that.
Not to say that 3pp is always stronger than 1pp (In PoW's case it's true though) but just by having more options, obviously people will have better ways of doing the same thing.
>>
I AM THE ONE TRUE NIGHTFALL I HAVE A TRIP
>>
>>50137984
Some people are relatively ok with it

And its hard to be overshadowed in a gestalt, a Gestalt of two tier 4 classes is usually enough to move into t3, depending on how versatile the build is.
>>
What a nice thread
>>
>>50137972
How now, wool-sack, what mutter you?

>>50137912

Stale old mouse eaten dry cheese
>>
>>50137973
spleeny bat-fowling hugger-mugger!
>>
File: 1419370786474.gif (1MB, 663x603px) Image search: [Google]
1419370786474.gif
1MB, 663x603px
I hate to rain on your little night parade, but can you tell me a little bit about your groups? If you can also say one good thing about them, please do!
>>
>>50138000
Shutup you fake I have the tripcode clearly i'm teh real nightfall
>>
Reminder to whoever makes the new thread to put the Avowed playtest in it!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
>>
>>50137985

No I am, you venomed shard-borne fustilarian. I know who I am. You're just a copy, a bad one at that.

>>50137997

It had a moment...then this happened apparently.
>>
>>50138018
yes but i have a tripcode, unlike you

How can you be Nightfall if you don't even have a tripcode to prove you're the real nightfall?

therefore i'm the real nightfall. Because I have a tripcode.
>>
>>50138005
My group exists and I have no complaints about them. I think that's a pretty good thing about them.
>>
>>50138001

Clouted half-faced blind-worm, get thee to cliff and jump off it!

>>50138009

Your bait of falsehood takes this carp of truth
>>
>>50138005

Mostly just hours of RP. It is really dull and I need excitement
>>
>>50138005
My usual group are also my close friends in meatspace. They consist of the guy who knows mechanics better than the rest of us, the guy whose house is big enough to host games at (and he doesn't even chafe at me never hosting because he knows I'm in an apartment), his sister (who is actually legitimately interested in the game), and our resident pseudo-edgelord (he's really just grumpy).

The other group I'm in is the 32-pb RotR gestalt campaign.
>>
>>50138038
you're just jealous of my tripcode.
>>
>>50138029

How does that matter? You only know what seen here. I have plenty more evidence I am the real nightfall since I don't subscribe this service, lumpish plume-plucked malcontent!
>>
>>50138038

Make me you gorbellied unchin-snouted pignut!
>>
>>50138050
Hello friend

Its your GM speaking.

I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOU.
>>
>>50138052

Lumpish plume-plucked malcontent, I'm not even close to caring other than asking ONE question.
>>
>>50138050
>spoiler
hey friendo, how did the family thing go?
>>
>>50138041
>>50138035

You guys seem to have bad groups.
>>
>>50137995

Well Master of many style+ Qinggong + Sacred mountain mon0k / Sacred fist warpriest gets quite a few style feats. At least 3 more than regular.

so there's that.

And i've got self buffs from warpriest to shore up weaknesses from monk. And Sacred fist gives me back the flurry i give up for Master of many styles.
>>
>>50138005
They're the guys I've known since high school and we have about 6-7 games currently being run, some of them adventure paths some of them freehand made by the GM. Different friends GM different games.
>>
>>50138054
you don't need to subscribe to get a tripcode you faggot
>>
>>50138056

You are as rheumatic as two dry toasts, you droning pox-marked moldwarp!
>>
>>50138050
>a girl (who actually is into the game)
you aren't in a relationship are you?
>>
File: 1418538195179.jpg (83KB, 629x672px) Image search: [Google]
1418538195179.jpg
83KB, 629x672px
>tfw I've never been with a /pfg/ group
>>
>>50138080

And yet you seem to stick to ONE word which I never use in ANY context as Nightfall, you mewling scurvy-valiant measle!
>>
>>50138103
you've used it when you whine about people calling you a faggot faggot
>>
>>50138098
You should be happy. They are 100% shit and only involve people who can't get a group IRL.
>>
>>50138084

Well you stifle in your own report and smell of calumny.
>>
>>50138103
>>50138108

>mfw I'm watching you two go at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433jTl_rZB8
>>
>>50138098
They're usually pretty ok because most /pfg/ posters are high game mastery players and can modulate their own power level

USUALLY.
>>
File: godemperormugi.gif (231KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
godemperormugi.gif
231KB, 480x270px
>>50138108
I'm the real Nightfall, you faggot!

>>50138098
That's probably a good thing

On topic: How does /pfg/ pick what Talents you want when using Spheres of Power?
>>
>>50138115
I'm in a /pfg/ group in addition to my IRL group
>>
>>50138115
>They are 100% shit and only involve people who can't get a group IRL.

What? I've been with two separate groups and they've been bloody fantastic.

You lads know who you are, you fantastic people you.
>>
>>50138098
It depends on the people involved in it, but most of them are decent; the biggest problem arises when people can't control their e-penis and have to show off their system mastery when everyone else already knows the game and purposefully-chose to play something lower-powered.
>>
>>50138070
Well enough, actually. I am clearly not dead, and about the worst thing that happened was one of my uncles tripped getting out of his car.

>>50138096
No. She's one of my closest friends and another of my closest friends' sister. That's just not done.

>>50138064
HOW MUCH DID YOU SEE
>>
>>50138139
its alright the session ended early cause someone else had shit come up too

you didn't miss much.
>>
>>50138072

I know. I am quitting it.
>>
File: 1430774960874.jpg (32KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1430774960874.jpg
32KB, 600x337px
>tfw you've never been in a /pfg/ group but the Roll20 groups you've been in were no bueno
>>
New thread:
>>50138167
>>50138167
>>50138167
>>50138167
>>50138167
>>
>>50138127
I love Destruction.

I am a simple man with simple pleasures.

Warp is also good though. Extradimensional Storage is A+. Telekinesis always useful.
>>
>>50138162
Roll20 is so garbage
>>
Okay so... Tiefling or Human for an investigator.

Stats are:

12, 15, 17, 9, 16, 10

i can put those anywhere i want.

From what it seems i need a lot of feats to be combat effective right? Should I just go slayer instead to be more combat effective? I really want to be a great skill monkey but i'm just not sure how to build a good damage dealer of this class
>>
>>50138139
I know a guy who ended up going after his best friend's little sister.

They're my parents.
>>
>>50137764
>girl
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.