[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 115

File: 40085888_p0.jpg (144KB, 772x1000px) Image search: [Google]
40085888_p0.jpg
144KB, 772x1000px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Kitsune Edition: How do you like the new kitsune flavor and options in Blood of the Beast, written by Augunas?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Old Thread: >>50078790
>>
Is Augunas the single worst thing to happen to Paizo homebrew?
>>
>>50090620
3pp or no?
>>
>>50090621
As much as I hate augunas, I have to admit that the race options for kitsune he's done, even in his 3pp books, are pretty solid "would consider using"/10's.

He's still a furfag-in-denial with shit opinions, and I hope he can at least learn to tame his fetish for poorly drawn anthro fox people.
>>
So, I've gotten a bit further with my bard/cleric hybrid class, the Pastor. Added the War and Trickery domain, because that's very easy.

Just want to see if you guys think there's any worth in what I have now, or if I should go back to the drawing board again.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AN2Aa67Ze8sLKtVCVb_06ihp0-i8dE4BBeaF9g9Qf2Y/edit
>>
>>50090648
Not sure, I tend not to drink Homebrew as I prefer to a nice ale or rum to the homemade crap.

>>50090621
I don't really have much of an opinion on it either way, just one more thing my players will badger me about most likely if they figure out I know about it.
>>
>>50090621
It pisses me off that Augunas usually makes really good crunch even when his greasy furry fingerprints are all over it.
>>
File: 1470166177441.jpg (192KB, 800x1132px)
1470166177441.jpg
192KB, 800x1132px
>>50090621
Oh great, we're back to kitsune posting.

What's the best familiar to use if going Eldritch Guardian Fighter? I'm doing the AWT meme build, and was thinking of getting a Mauler Fox, and grabbing Outflank, and then going up the Dirty Trick line.
>>
>>50090713
>I tend not to drink Homebrew as I prefer to a nice ale or rum

Rum is gross raw, but I can certainly appreciate a good ale!
>>
>>50090648
>>
>>50090729
I like mixing some coca cola in with my rum. A habit I picked up from my father a while back, I suppose
>>
>>50090621

Didn't see them, so couldn't say.

>>50090725

I think someone was talking about a giant mauler crab at some point-not sure how it stacks up to the standard issue murderfox.
>>
>>50090739

Anon, are you implying there is ANYTHING wrong with being a voluptuous panther-girl that loves getting fucked by authority figures?
>>
>>50090752

Man I wish I could enjoy rum and coke anymore, after getting hard drunk on some cheap-ass rum mixed with the stuff I can't even smell it without retching.

Moonshine's good though!
>>
>>50090621
Haven't seen the new options yet, look forward to it.

>>50090667
I am actually the DM, so third party is perfectly applicable.

I'm actually kinda looking for more personality stuff, but a build ideas for a party of the prince and princess', led by a Dragon//Alchemist//Bard, would be rather excellent. Level 11 is the level I plan for it to end on with a party of bard//alchemists.

Generally, I'm for Spheres of Power, select choices from path of war (For more options, not more damage), psionic materials, and 3.5 stuff upon request.
>>
>>50090782
The fact that you must even ask means that it is already too late.
>>
So. Say I wanted to make an Amazonian Catty Barbarian, is that sort of build even worth pursuing? I usually see people say non-magic classes are ass. Is there a good setup for a spear-wielding primitive hunter sort?
>>
>>50090882
>I usually see people say non-magic classes are ass. Is there a good setup for a spear-wielding primitive hunter sort?

They're being dick-ass memesters, Barbarian is a perfectly functional class to pick and one I've personally had a lot of fun with.
>>
File: Barbarian (Curlyhair).jpg (115KB, 482x796px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian (Curlyhair).jpg
115KB, 482x796px
>>50090882
Yes, but you might have to work a little harder, depending on what you fight.

Can you tell us about the campaign?
>>
>>50090805
Make the Prince an avowed with the Nation pact. It's perfect.
He literally gets supernatural power from his dedication to the empire.

One princess would be a crimson countess harbinger. Dominating, confident personality that doesn't let her prey escape. As a bonus, can turn into a puddle of blood.

Another should be a Shattered Mind Occultist, a studious princess who has parts of her personality and soul stored in her psicrystals. As such, gets flustered whenever specific items like her crown or brooch are taken from her.

The youngest could be a Knight Chandler Mystic, a bright and optimistic girl who fiercely believes in hope and what's right, with her spirit manifesting as a mote of light that empowers people around it.

Yes I did just recommend you a bunch of classes that can each take hours to build
>>
>>50090995
>That spoiler

You're an ~animal~, anon, an ANIMAL.
>>
File: shoryucans.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shoryucans.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Just remember that unarmed strikes can be performed with -ANY- part of the body.
>>
>>50091038
For their(your?) sake I also hope these are mostly for flavor or out of combat things, because if the GM ever tried to play them all as participants in the same battle they might die.
>>
>>50091060

Anon we have known this since the Old Days of /pfg/, when Greta reigned supreme and the world was still young.

Jesus fucking Christ am I the only one getting freaked out at how you've been here so long you can say "Before Kitsune Posting" and "After Kitsune Posting?"
>>
>>50091060
Not if you're a monk.
>A monk's attacks can be with fists, elbows, knees, and feet.

There was an anon a few threads back who had the idea of a Keijo oneshot where everyone used unarmed fool's errand with another discipline of their choice, though.
>>
File: 1429772769040.jpg (34KB, 374x363px)
1429772769040.jpg
34KB, 374x363px
>>50091110

Okay, real-talk here.

Would your current character (male or female) join into an explicitly erotic or very lewd sport (such as Keijo) if it meant lots of filthy lucre?
>>
File: mordremoth.jpg (677KB, 1080x780px)
mordremoth.jpg
677KB, 1080x780px
Asking for advice on playing a Druid. Specifically a Tree singer. I have done lots of Pathfinder but never touched druid, strange enough. I'm guessing my role is mostly around shifting and battlefield control and ally buffing? Should I get a planty animal companion (Puffball and Sapling look fun) or go Growth Domain for buffs?

Pic related. My Treesingers end goal (to become a living jungle that can just make living plant bodies for himself to dwell in whenever he wants)
>>
>>50091038
>>50090995
I'd say Evil. I don't even really know what half of those things are. (Not THAT familiar with path of war, hence select choices).

Probably should have mentioned- Currently, I have it so that the band has been kidnapped from their home kingdom and more or less taken over by the dragon in an attempt to turn them into a pop group to gain passage in a secret tower and ascend to godhood.
Keep in mind, they're gestalted with Bard.

Continuing, I'm split on setting. Should I have it set in the modern day, medieval era, or the current idea, which is having the dragon rip into the modern day, and the bardchamists have to follow him.
>>
>>50090621
Is blood of the beast as full of magical realm as grimoire of lost souls?
>>
>>50090739
Can we get more than just this one page? maybe get a big screencap with highlights and page numbers of all the offending material?

Because just the one page over and over is easy for certain people (paizo) to wave off.
>>
>>50091131
My future one would

I'm going to use that gestalt rotr game to play a proper bloody-knuckled-rowdy via Bloodrager/Brawler gestalt.
>>
File: 2323455158.png (28KB, 500x223px)
2323455158.png
28KB, 500x223px
>>50091178
>My future one would

Tell us about your future RotRL character.

He or she sound like an interesting character.
>>
>>50091131
No, he would build a robot to do so.
I don't even know what keijo is, but it wouldn't stop him from integrating several long range energy weapons into the frame anyways.
>>
>>50091177
Well it looks like some of Alex's stuff has been removed from the Paizo store for the time being. Childhood Adventures has a product thread, but no reviews or product information and can't be purchased.
>>
>>50090648
What's he done?
>>
>>50091187
I dunno they're just kinda coming together in my head.

I'm still trying to figure out what they'd look like exactly (can't decide on bloodline yet), but what I DO know is that they'd be an amazon

If I go arcane i might have them have like magic-circuit looking tattoos too.
>>
File: 1449537498196.jpg (108KB, 680x1173px)
1449537498196.jpg
108KB, 680x1173px
>>50091228
>I'm still trying to figure out what they'd look like exactly (can't decide on bloodline yet), but what I DO know is that they'd be an amazon

>attractive young woman that can fly into fits of magically-enhanced rage to smash things with her unnaturally powerful fists

Sir, have you considered making this girl a Huldra?
>>
>>50091253
honestly i just wish there was a cool gravity/space bloodline.
>>
File: alliance shield symbols.jpg (102KB, 531x561px) Image search: [Google]
alliance shield symbols.jpg
102KB, 531x561px
>>50091131
That depends on your definition of "lots."

It'd probably take more money than she'd actually know what to do with.

Pic only tangentially related, she uses a shield.
>>
File: 1466746203686.jpg (335KB, 1280x1811px)
1466746203686.jpg
335KB, 1280x1811px
Thinking about a character for that lewd RotR/JR campaign and I could use some help. My first impression for this character is that I want to make half of the gestalt either a swashbuckler or a daring champion cavalier (basically dex-based warrior with payoffs for having high cha since I'm thinking about some flavor of cha based caster for the other half), but I see that PoW is allowed in this campaign. I've never had a chance to play around with PoW since my GM is of the Paizo only persuasion, so I'm not super familiar with the classes. I know I probably want something running scarlet throne, but I'm kind of stumped on what class/archetype to work with. Any suggestions?
>>
>>50091272

>She's willing to get very lewd in front of an audience if it means money
>Only if it means a lot of money!

What kind of woman is this?
>>
>>50091131
Yes. He's an Elven Cleric of Desna.

But, he can't be erotic and combat effective at the same time.

Pic semi related
>>
>>50091131
It depends how lewd.
Keijo is a-okay with my charisma characters.

Warlord/aegis has enough confidence in herself to not get embarrassed, considering she walks around wearing nothing but a skintight astral suit.

Night Terror Vigilante sees her feminine charm as one of her weapons, so she'd be right in there.

Every other character would be terrified at the idea and absolutely refuse.
>>
File: 1431911115329.png (87KB, 333x282px) Image search: [Google]
1431911115329.png
87KB, 333x282px
>>50091286
>but I'm kind of stumped on what class/archetype to work with. Any suggestions?

Ooh! Ooh! Why don't you take a good look at Warlord or Warder? Those are the two classes you should be looking at for an effective Scarlet Throne style character!

In fact, I'd suggest taking a look at Scarlet Throne Style and the Scarlet Throne maneuvers for inspiration on just what would make this character effective; Scarlet Throne Style removes any and all penalties to one-handing a weapon (makes it treat the weapon as though it's two-handed) while Scarlet Einhander gives you +2 AC and +1d6 damage for one-handing, meaning you're better off doing that than two-handing!
>>
>>50091207
Dare you enter his magical realm?

Do you?
It's full of yifffing.
>>
File: GGXrdKyKiske02.jpg (485KB, 925x1530px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrdKyKiske02.jpg
485KB, 925x1530px
Post things that were an inspiration for the last character you made. Guess what characters were inspired. Get ideas from other people. Debate who has better taste.
>>
>>50091253
if i did they'd have to be a Fey bloodline

which while isn't terrible, isn't the greatest bloodline
>>
File: Syrio_Forel.png (422KB, 512x717px) Image search: [Google]
Syrio_Forel.png
422KB, 512x717px
>>50091339

I realized this is the inspiration I've been using for my Warder/Artisan character.
>>
>>50091295
One who doesn't have any specific modesty, but who really does not like going out of her way without a serious reward.

A sport like that is rather far out of her way.
>>
File: 1476668938294.jpg (55KB, 562x842px)
1476668938294.jpg
55KB, 562x842px
>>50091286
Could also take a look at the Daring Hero PrC from april augmented. It's sort of a joke class, but is also sort of not.

Be the Errol Flynn you want to be, anon!
>>
>>50091286
>>50091329
Vigilante Stalker is int-based but amazing for scarlet throne.
They get free inspiration on all sense motive checks, and can take the Empathy investigator talent to always roll sense motive twice and take the higher.
Even if you're not Wis-based, enjoy never failing a sense motive based maneuver again.
>>
File: Legion_Elemental_Lords.jpg (209KB, 1440x550px) Image search: [Google]
Legion_Elemental_Lords.jpg
209KB, 1440x550px
So when are we uniting the Elemental Planes against the Abyss?
>>
>>50091335
I /d/are to do a lot of things mainly /b/ecause I have grown numb to it.

Now what has he done to elevate himself above the average yiffing homebrewer?
>>
>>50091286
>>50091373
>>50091329

Sounds like the character wants to go Daring Champion, which is Charisma-based which means I need to tell you the best thing to do is go Warlord! Trust me, it's one of the more powerful Path of War classes, you won't regret it!
>>
why aren't there more bloodrager bloodlines anyways
>>
>>50091397

Because the Paizo of now is much lazier than the Paizo of yesteryear, Bloodrager is a class they probably forgot even exists.
>>
>>50091415
Seems like its something that would be relatively simple to add. They're not complex or anything

Like seriously, I can rattle off at least 4-5 good ideas for a bloodrager bloodline literally right now.
>>
>>50091397
Because nothing from the APG ever gets content except for the investigator.
>>
>>50091422
>I can rattle off at least 4-5 good ideas for a bloodrager bloodline literally right now.

Okay Mr. Smart Guy, tell us the bloodrager bloodline ideas you got!
>>
What would be a goof match for a shield-focused warder (ordained defender) in a gestalt game? Or just a regular warder?
>>
>>50091461

Slayer is always a solid match for Warder regardless of the archetype.
>>
>>50091448
Well ok

Definitely a gravity/space based one, plenty of spells to support it and could have cool effects like increasing damage dice of weapons as if they were a size bigger

Obviously a werewolf/lunar based one. Easy to fluff, easy to give abilities too

A Dark-tapestry/Old gods could be a really interesting bloodline to put in as well

While there exist catch-alls like the elemental bloodline, a return of the deep earth, aquatic, ect would all be welcome imo, especially because deep earth can be more metal themed, and aquatic can really be more water themed than the ice-theme it has in a lot of ways

A solar based one would be equally cool to bring in. Praise the sun motherfuckers. Praise the sun.

As a bonus, plenty of Sorc bloodlines could be converted over anyways.
>>
>>50091461

>goof match

A tengu wizard, obviously.
>>
Question:
What settings would be good for a homebrew musical campaign?

I'm currently working on the bardchamist campaign, and I'm split on whether to set it in the modern era, medieval era, or jump from medieval to modern. Or to have a medieval era that is essentially a modern era earth with more magic music.

As it stands, here's the plot stub for the plot:

>Dragon kidnaps the four descendents
>Party tracks the trail of fire and explosions and death to a massive cavern that is mysteriously empty.
>Discover a giant fuckass portal, discover that the only person who knows how to work the thing to get you there is a Dr Henry Jekyll.
>Go to city of [Insert city name here]
>Discover that it's being terrorized by two people, both named Hyde.

>Travel through portal
>Discover a different world, and discover that the stolen royals are now a pop band, about to play on this platform.
>For some reason have to fight an army of undead rapping gangsters.
>Discover that there's a performance on the top of an epic tower with a fuckton of security.
>Fight their way through a small army to stop their performance, which will wake the dragons father in this world and have the dragon ascend to godhood.
>Climb to top, fight the dragon, the building explodes, fight the dragon in free-fall
>Defeat dragon
>End
>>
>>50091520
>What settings would be good for a homebrew musical campaign?

Metalocalypse, Brutal Legend, Middle-Earth.
>>
>>50091177
believe it or not, this book was reported, in-depth, to one of the folks at paizo and a response was given
>>
>>50091162
I asked that on the forums, and the obvious answer is no, because Paizo isn't THAT bad explicitly, at least.
>>
The party is going to be sitting down to have dinner with the lord that has been campaigning to have them arrested, tried and hanged for their crimes (there aren't any, the BBEG has been whispering lies into his ear).

The party received his invitation, and as far as I can tell, they honestly believe he wishes to talk about the matter with them like adults.

In truth, he's planning to betray them during the dinner and attempt to kill all of them, or at least disable them so he can have them hauled off to prison.

Any suggestions on how I can make this an event that the players will have influence over? I don't want it to be forced.
>>
Just because I'm a nice guy: >>50079647
>>
>>50091520
Macross is a perfect setting for a musical campaign, its sci-fi though
>>
>>50091578
>Any suggestions on how I can make this an event that the players will have influence over?

You know, maybe he would have second thoughts about the arrest if they honestly start insinuating they had nothing to do with the Bad Things?
>>
>>50091633
DELETE THIS
>>
File: 1470449749091.gif (550KB, 728x720px)
1470449749091.gif
550KB, 728x720px
Let's say I wanted to play Genos in an Iron Gods campaign, what class would you suggest I play if 3pp is allowed?
>>
>>50091640
I had this in mind already. The party has a very low CHA on average and rather poor Diplomacy as well, so I was just needing to think about the other options if they fail to convince him.
>>
>>50091656

Uhm why?
>>
>>50091690
because we have a faggot that comes here and shits up threads every night with his autistic sperging for this PDF and I want to deny him any joy.
>>
>>50091656

Hello?
>>
>>50091701

Denying people joy, even the assholes, only makes the assholes worse. Besides it's not JUST for him to enjoy. It's for everyone.
>>
File: MullroyMurtogg.jpg (175KB, 1600x898px) Image search: [Google]
MullroyMurtogg.jpg
175KB, 1600x898px
>>50091578

Maybe they overhear some bumbling guardsmen arguing about the ramifications of the arrest and the details of the plan?
>>
>>50091675

Some sort of Monk heavily outfitted with cybernetics, probably.

He's an absolute jobber that is considered indispensable to the team even though he's always getting knocked out
>>
File: Hello - Three Stooges.jpg (148KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
Hello - Three Stooges.jpg
148KB, 500x366px
>>50091709

HELLO!
>>
Most fun way to build a Landsknecht?
>>
>>50091740
I wouldn't put it past the Rogue to go snooping around the lord's manor at night to see what's up, I'll definitely make sure to have some idiot guards ready to make somewhat reveal commentary if he isn't spotted.
>>
>>50091740

I can't imagine a campaign that *wouldn't* be improved with a pair of Rosencrantz and Guildensterns talking about the implications of the most recent plot development.
>>
>>50091781
Now I'm tempted to have a pair of bumbling guardsmen that always seem to be around for someone to learn about what might be about to happen if they can actually be bothered with listening to them.
>>
>>50091763
Fighter with archetype for polearms or two-handed weapons
>>
>>50091347
It doesn't have to be!
You can refluff a kitsune to be a huldra (probably one of the variant types in Bloodforge for better stat line-ups) and then take a bloodline like Demonic or Destined for more reworking ("these claw attacks are like a nine-tailed fox!", etc)!
>>
File: hopeless.png (193KB, 400x400px)
hopeless.png
193KB, 400x400px
>>50091817
But its literally a fey creature anon
>>
>>50091060
>>50091131

What would pfg build to these rules?

==Path of Keijo==
>Level 8
>Characters must play martials, preferably with initiating
>You are encouraged to main Fool's Errand and one other discipline
>All characters can only attack with unarmed strikes with their breasts or butt. Breasts and butt are discipline weapons for all disciplines.
>Keijo fights take place on a small arena. Falling prone, or exiting the arena, instantly disqualifies you.
>As such, any effect that would make you fall prone or leave the arena has a reflex save, if it didn't already have one.
>You may use strength instead of dexterity on these specific saves, and if you are above 75% health you have a +6 bonus, above 50% is a +4 bonus, and if you are below 25% you both have a -4 penalty and can no longer use any maneuvers to substitute a skill check for the save.
>>
File: 1448378994258.png (39KB, 368x388px) Image search: [Google]
1448378994258.png
39KB, 368x388px
>>50091763

Oh my gosh I can't tell you how excited I am that you asked this!

The absolute *most fun* way to make a Landsknecht is prestiging into it from the ZweiSent Warder, that way you have awesome abilities like Armiger's Mark and Defensive Focus that can be fluffed up as your character's raw force of battlefield presence!

As for weapons? The longsword is a classic, but I personally love going for the Aldori Dueling Sword, since that's basically a Longsword+ and *built* for one-handed swordsmen types, which the Landsknecht is.

THAT SAID, I'll be honest with you when I say Landsknecht isn't really that useful beyond 5th level, since by then you'll have all the "good" parts of the prestige class and the rest is bumbling nothing-stuff that isn't passive ability.

In conclusion, the most fun way to build a Landsknecht is Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) 15 | Landsknecht 5 with the full tree of Scarlet Throne Style feats, wielding an Aldori Dueling Sword.
>>
File: 1478037845217.png (2MB, 2804x4622px)
1478037845217.png
2MB, 2804x4622px
>>50091339
Is it okay if the inspiration was a drawfag's art?
>>
>>50091835
>The absolute *most fun* way to make a Landsknecht is prestiging into it from the ZweiSent Warder, that way you have awesome abilities like Armiger's Mark and Defensive Focus that can be fluffed up as your character's raw force of battlefield presence!

Ooh, and the reason I used ZweiSent Warder is that Scarlet Throne Style explicitly allows you to use all the abilities of ZweiSent while wielding a weapon in one hand, and Aegis can easily be fluffed as your character parrying blows.
>>
File: creepy masked man.jpg (383KB, 1183x2100px)
creepy masked man.jpg
383KB, 1183x2100px
>>50091339
It's probably exactly what you think it is and he is fun.
>>
If anyone has questions about the book I can answer them. If they care. Which I doubt but still!
>>
>>50091832
Iron Baron harbinger.
Sunder all the butts.

What could go wrong?
>>
>>50091837

What is she supposed to be?
>>
>>50091131
Jels will win at keijo, they would be the best counter-fighters ever. Squish the fuck out of the way.
>>
>>50091903
>Squish the fuck out of the way.

But can they inflate their butts and boobs to gain the Ultimate Advantage over their opposition?
>>
>>50091919
>[insert shitposting about my special snowflake not-slimegirl 'slimedescendants' homebrew that I've never submitted]

They have a +8 racial bonus on escape artist checks because they don't have any bones (basically nerfed compression universal rule, treated as though it were a movement ability like climb/swim/fly speeds). They do have the hold breath trait but it doesn't *quite* extend to inflating themselves (I mean if they really tried they might be able to, but it still wouldnt amount to much).

They're a +2dex, +2 con -2int race. They *can* take a hit, but they're not going to be like a half giant or anything. The moving through tight spaces (normally its an escape artist check for half, jels only make it on 1/4; full compression only checks on 1/8th) technically allows them to pull some shenanigans for positioning when combined with acrobatics.
>>
>>50091385
put it up in graphic detail as the effects of class abilities?
>>
>>50091817
i don't see any kitsune in bloodforge..
>>
>>50092066
They're a bloodforge 2 thing, aren't they?
>>
File: 1464918168989.jpg (2MB, 2150x3055px)
1464918168989.jpg
2MB, 2150x3055px
>>50091638
>>
>>50090464
>Man is metamagic even worth bothering with as a sphere caster?
Quickened is always worth it.
>>
File: 1450272118477.png (297KB, 540x674px)
1450272118477.png
297KB, 540x674px
Based on all the w-i-c-k-e-d concepts that have been tossed around the past couple threads, tell me what characters you would want to play with in a lewd RotRL group!
>>
>a thought on why dogs are important to humans & why goblins hate dogs

Your average goblin will, at level 1, have a +10 to stealth checks (average 14 dex, +4 size, +4 racial). If they are trained and dexterous this can, for an NPC, jump to +15 (17 dex, +1 rank, +3 class skill, +4 size, +4 racial).

Your average human commoner will have a +0 to perception checks. A naturally wise and trained commoner can have up to +6.

On a take 10, a goblin can hide from an average commoner unless he rolls a 20. On the same take 10 a skilled goblin becomes impossible to find for an average commoner, and only locateable by a skilled commoner on a 19-20.

Now we all know goblins love to eat babies, and as such goblins will try and infiltrate human communities to find them.

This is where dogs come in. Not only does a common dog have a +8 to perception, but he also has scent. Goblins can not readily hide their scent, making their tracks findable on a take 10 for the dog, and once they get within 5 feet they can pinpoint the goblin.

Next is CR. A common goblin is 1/3 cr, as is a common dog. A commoner is also 1/3 cr. An average commoner has less than a 50/50 chance however because your average raiding goblin is a warrior as opposed to a commoner. A dog tips this in the commoner's favor however allowing him a much better chance at victory.

The dog is the natural friend of the commoner plagued by baby eating goblins, and the natural enemy of said goblins.
>>
>>50092362
Oda Nobunaga, but as a Gunsmoke Mystic/Bannerman Warlord.
>>
>>50092369
>Now we all know goblins love to eat babies

I thought they loved to eat pickles the most.
>>
>>50092362
I wouldn't because I finished book two of RotRL and never wanted to continue that campaign ever again. Now, Kingmaker, or Crimson Throne? I am game. As for what character? I always had a Charisma-SAD Oracle of Arshea I wanted to try out. Get's Charisma to everything but HP, hit, and damage.

I am not using a Starknife before any of you degenerates try to mention it.
>>
So we're level 1 and I rolled a double nat 20 with my longbow.

Fun times.
>>
File: 1475888131336.png (439KB, 775x800px)
1475888131336.png
439KB, 775x800px
>>50092425
Too bad you wasted your 1/400 roll on an un-important gobbo.
>>
>>50092420
>I wouldn't because I finished book two of RotRL and never wanted to continue that campaign ever again.

Anon! It's only Book 1 of Rise of the Runelords, after Burnt Offerings it goes straight to Jade Regent.
>>
File: sveta.jpg (159KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
sveta.jpg
159KB, 720x960px
>>50092362
I mean i'm still trying to figure out the true bloody knuckled rowdy girl's bloodline

and race

I kinda wanna make her a skinwalker so I can revive an old character of mine.. Pic very much related
>>
>>50092458
It was a medium-sized spider that already struck 2 party members, one failed the Fort save and took 2 DEX damage, so it had it coming.

Ugly 'lil shit.
>>
>>50092474
>I mean i'm still trying to figure out the true bloody knuckled rowdy girl's bloodline

What about an Elemental bloodline with her race built around the element you focus on?

You can play a Sylph with LIGHTNING FISTS!

Seriously though, Elemental is a very, very good bloodline. Highly recommend it!
>>
>>50092420
>Get's Charisma to everything but HP
You can get Altered Life from Bloodforge!
>>
>>50092524
>You can get Altered Life from Bloodforge!
got the stat line?
>>
>>50092474
>>50092522

Oh, and for what it's worth, the party travels through Varisia, Land of the Linnorm Kings, Crown of the World and Minkai, so if you wanted to play Skinwalker do realize there are PLENTY of those in the second region I mentioned.

This means the party might get to visit your dear old parents, wouldn't that be cute?
>>
File: 97a.jpg (41KB, 325x358px) Image search: [Google]
97a.jpg
41KB, 325x358px
>>50092396
Is it bad that I want this?
Because I want this.
>>
>>50092522
I mean yeah, i'd be ok with using an elemental bloodline, not a huge fan of the races. Elemental is a middle of the road bloodline in terms of power, fun to roleplay tho

Maybe thats what i'll do

I do like the skinwalker race.

and with wind elemental bloodline i could totally make her full Sveta.

>>50092563
BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN WATCHING DRIFTERS MARK
>>
File: [Loud Sweating].jpg (28KB, 480x360px)
[Loud Sweating].jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>50092420
>Oracle of Arshea

Anon... How lewd is this character supposed to be?
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (48KB, 640x480px)
sddefault.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>50092578
>WATCHING DRIFTERS
Wait, you mean Drifters actually got an anime adaptation? I haven't read it in forever.
>>
>>50092625
yes, 4 eps out so far.
>>
>>50092578

What kind of Skinwalker are you going for? I'm getting a lil curious about this character you want to revive.
>>
>>50092563
>>50092396
Guns n' Katanas bruh

mithral current and tempest gale bullshit
>>
>>50092581
She performs her obedience so she can get a bonus to her AC based on her Charisma at later levels... that's a different type of bonus from the one she would get from her one level in Scaled Fist UC Monk, so she gets Cha to AC from two sources for being beautiful...

and for having a little fun.

>>50092524
I can also make her a Graveknight! So her devotion for her party would be about as undying as she is.
>>
File: 1d5.gif (558KB, 367x265px)
1d5.gif
558KB, 367x265px
>>50092648
You just booked my weekend, anon.
I guess I can work on the homebrew Cervid race later
>>
>>50092688
I think blackpowder duelist could be cool for this too.
>>
File: 1403537549995.png (240KB, 440x483px) Image search: [Google]
1403537549995.png
240KB, 440x483px
>>50092707

Sounds like a character I'd love to see in action! I was going to say something sassy about the "she needs to be scantily clad to get the CHA bonus", but that goes hand-in-hand with monk, eh? Loose fitting robes certainly fit the character.

Question is, what's her curse?
>>
File: herja.png (2KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
herja.png
2KB, 250x250px
>>50092668
Well let you tell me about the original

The original was a Sacred Fist warpriest, I described her as wolf-like but used the base skinwalker stats because they're honestly just way better. Like way better.

only got a few sessions in but i really enjoyed playing her as like this lost monk-type character who was trying to figure herself out

Game fell apart after a few sessions though and pummeling style nerf hit soon after

This would be more of a new take on the same concept, i'm not into playing a warpriest style char again.
>>
Tell me about a recurring NPC, /pfg/.

In the campaign I've been playing in for around 2 years, we keep running into signs that a guy we let out of prison has been in the area. His calling card is always three bodies, two with one of the masks typically associated with the theater and the third with an ace of spades carved into the forehead.

I actually don't remember why we let him out, but he leaves these bodies in every settlement and we always end up taking it as a sign that we shouldn't stay too long as the first one usually turns up when we arrive, the second when we've been there for a few days and the third (the ace-in-the-forehead one) after we've become known in the area.
>>
>>50092754
Tongues. So she can hit on about every race under the sun, at some point in any campaign.
>>
File: GGXrdKyHairDown.gif (1MB, 500x231px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrdKyHairDown.gif
1MB, 500x231px
>>50092362
The Artisan painter dude seemed like a swell guy. Bloody-knuckle posters always seem to be swell dudes, and Svetaposter's character sounds potentially fun. I honestly can't keep track of all of the character apps, but I know there were plenty others that looked like they could be fun.

Need more champions of JUSTICE and GOOD, though.
>>
File: 1428190838083.png (324KB, 626x686px)
1428190838083.png
324KB, 626x686px
>>50092789

So she's a high-spirited lightning wolf-girl adventuring as much to find herself as she is to find glory?

That sounds perfect for a character in a Rise of the Jade Regent campaign.
>>
>>50092989
Oh yes, she was always about that, wasn't always as much on the lightning part but thats easy to slot in.

But yes, high spirits adventuring wolf girl to find herself and glory

She was also kind of the grounding influence for the first group, which was weird. It made her interesting as she was both this kinda like, gentle character but hofuck you touch her friends and she will go fist of the north star on your ass
>>
>>50092857
>Librarian not mentioned
RIP that character, they ain't gonna get chosen at this rate
>>
>>50093087
apps for the game haven't even really started so there's plenty of time

Its just a waiting list for now
>>
File: Harpy02.jpg (158KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
Harpy02.jpg
158KB, 566x800px
>>50093087
Anon, there's too many characters getting made and tossed around. The mermaid librarian sounded cute AF, but wasn't one of the characters that had something that grabbed my attention enough to stick in my mind yet.
>>
>>50093087

Don't say that, anon! It's so early for characters that anything is possible!

Your girl was the dhampir, right? She was adorable! Ameiko needs a little sister, and I think a bookish little dork paired with her high-energy personality would be perfect.
>>
File: 1404202144641.jpg (185KB, 707x1000px)
1404202144641.jpg
185KB, 707x1000px
>>50093142
>>
>>50092362
I wanted to duo app with someone who was interested in the game when it was first advertised but now feels too intimidated about they fact they're competing with 30 other people ;_;
>>
>>50093142
I think they changed it to a dhampir or something.
>>50093144
Not my character, I'm just an observer.
>>
File: 1378331328584.png (93KB, 312x252px) Image search: [Google]
1378331328584.png
93KB, 312x252px
>>50093276

You should convince them to duo app regardless! Making characters is fun, but making characters with someone else is even more fun!

What did you want to duo app as, if I might ask?
>>
I guess i can make the elemental bloodline less weak with the primalist for MUH RAGE POWERS

gotta find good rage powers, but i guess BEAST TOTEM is always there for me
>>
File: 1478037072007.jpg (55KB, 500x500px)
1478037072007.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
Just how much damage can you stack onto one unarmed strike? I want to make someone who can beat One Punch Man in a boxing match
>>
File: 1446230495584.jpg (57KB, 750x750px)
1446230495584.jpg
57KB, 750x750px
>>50093457
>I want to make someone who can beat One Punch Man in a boxing match

>Beating Saitama in a boxing match
>>
File: 1477513289533.jpg (381KB, 1600x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1477513289533.jpg
381KB, 1600x1099px
>>50093491
>Can't take anything that isn't 100% literal
Let me rephrase
I want to make a character who makes unarmed strikes that deal high amounts of damage
>>
File: monk squad.jpg (257KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
monk squad.jpg
257KB, 1280x828px
>>50093548
What materials are you allowing?

What level do you want this character at?
>>
How lewd a character can you make with Paizo and 3pp?

What about a huli jing pactmaker with Extra Social Talent (Companion to the Lonely)?

Dex/Cha (the lewdest stat pair, tied with Con/Cha), have sex with people for huli jing bonuses, have sex with people for Companion to the Lonely, and have sex because of pact spirits! Can you get any lewder?

I don't think Enchanting Courtesan can be squeezed in here...
>>
File: 1477642555977.jpg (73KB, 800x600px)
1477642555977.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
>>50093617
I probably should have said that at first, I'm retarded
Level 4, all Paizo material, all DSP for any other published material the GM will take a look but no guarantee.
>>
>>50093620
>How lewd a character can you make with Paizo and 3pp?

Anon, the question isn't "how lewd can a character get", it's "what KIND of lewd can I make?"

What kind of lewd do you want? Help us help you.
>>
>>50093652
>>50093617
35 point buy BTW
>>
There aren't many NPCs with classes from the ACG out there, so I made a Gnome Arcanist for other DMs.

With Eldritch Heritage (Impossible Bloodline) and item crafting feats, he can be an in-universe reason why your PCs can get unusual magic items.

I also included his spellbook, in case your PCs would rather kill him instead.
>>
File: LtdE1zW.jpg.png (237KB, 658x438px)
LtdE1zW.jpg.png
237KB, 658x438px
>>50093620
>The lewdest thing that anon can possibly think of is the ability to have sex with people
>>
>when i'm actually looking at this bloodrager char and remembering how MAD bloodragers are

fuck @.@
>>
>>50093620

Anon... >>50093676 and >>50093708 have the right of it.

There's so much lewd potential in Pathfinder that we need to know what kind of lewd character you want to make.
>>
>>50093736
STR, CON, and CHA is MAD? Seems fairly normal for a martial to have need of 3 stats.
>>
>>50093736

>Bloodragers
>MAD

All they need is 14 Charisma and the rest is built like a normal Barbarian.

Say... You're doing Brawler/Bloodrager, right? Why not replace Brawler with Steelfist Commando? I mean, Brawler's a perfectly good class and all, but Steelfist keys off of Charisma, which Bloodrager needs.
>>
>>50093736
need some dex too probably.
>>50093765
might be a good idea, i haven't looked at brawler archetypes much
>>
File: 1475023798572.jpg (143KB, 1037x1724px)
1475023798572.jpg
143KB, 1037x1724px
>>50090621
>>50087161
>>50087308

Maximum OverMonk

Oni-spawn Tiefling
Level1 Gestalt Warpriest(Sacred Fist)/Monk (MoMS-MoSM)

Str 17
Dex 15
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 18
Cha 5

Snake Style
Pummeling Style

Unarmored AC of 20 out the box. Wis to AC from Warpriest and Monk Stack!
>>
File: NHKSatou.jpg (13KB, 236x294px) Image search: [Google]
NHKSatou.jpg
13KB, 236x294px
>>50093736
I know your pain, anon. At least you have Gestalt to work with.
>>
>>50093798

>Charisma 5

Anon...
>>
File: tg - monk full attacks.png (69KB, 1366x781px) Image search: [Google]
tg - monk full attacks.png
69KB, 1366x781px
>>50093652
A medium, level 4 Steelfist Commando has a base damage of 1d4 with his unarmed strike.

Pugilist Stance (BB stance) adds 1d6
Cartwheel Axe Kick (BB strike) adds 2d6
Bronze Knuckle (BB boost) adds 2d6, but you have to move 10 feet
Using any strike or boost ads 2 points of damage

Without including stats, it's 1d4+2+5d6 at level 4. He still has his 1st and 3rd feats.
>>
>>50093815

Last i checked Most fantasy people think Mileena Maw, red skin, horns, and poor table manners are an unattractive combination.
>>
>>50093818
and thats when i remembered why i don't like to build PoW characters

Broken blade is dumb and I don't like it.

i don't like PoW that much anyways
>>
>>50093838

Anon that would be, like, Charisma 8.

Charisma 5 is not just physical deformity, it's some severe personality quirk that *really* turns people off to them.
>>
>>50093841
You know it's getting nerfed, right?
>>
>>50091895
Not the guy who posted it, but I think the request behind that picture was for some kind of apothecary/medic character. Something along those lines.
>>
>>50093676
>>50093708
Mechanical excuses to have sex and get away with it.
>>
>>50093867
yes but you missed the spoilered part

i have the most wrong of opinions
>>
File: 1477382883673m.jpg (234KB, 1024x778px) Image search: [Google]
1477382883673m.jpg
234KB, 1024x778px
>>50093818
Would you recommend TWF and Boar Style?
That would make it (assuming I go for 18 STR) +6 to hit 2d4+12+12d6, with 2 of those d6 being bleed damage
>>
>>50093878
>Playing a vigilante girl in kingmaker
>Renown is useless for the entire first book, so I bit the bullet and took companion to the lonely
>So far I've satisfied the requirement by:
>Having a bath while chatting with another party member outside the curtain
>Stealing a bandit's horse, taming it, and riding it around the area for fun
>Spending an hour brushing the horse down before bed

I am the purest lewd vigilante.
>>
>>50093878

... That's it? Alright, let's do this.

What you want to play is an Oracle of Arshea - well, a Cleric would work too, or a Paladin - point is, a holy character associated with Arshea, who is *canonically* the goddess(?) of sex and pleasure. More specifically, her tenants advocate everything from dressing provocatively to having rough, passionate daily sex any anyone or indeed any*thing* that can consent.

Not only are such acts encouraged, doing them gives you boons; as per the feat Deific Obedience (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/deific-obedience), if you perform Arshea's obedience (which is LITERALLY "have sex with someone while praising their ability or figure) you gain boons that are the following:

>1: Arshea's Charmer (Sp) disguise self 3/day, mirror image 2/day, or charm monster 1/day
>2: Flawless Form (Su) Gain an armor bonus equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum +1) whenever you wear revealing clothing and no armor.
>3: Liberation (Sp) You can cast freedom once per day

Another goddess to worship is Lymnieris, the Goddess of Prostitution and Virginity - she is nowhere near as sexual as Arshea, but she will still give you a fluff reason to be a prostitute.

Does this help?
>>
>>50093798
The game would start at 3rd level, silly! Also, that constitution seems a little sadly-low for a fisticuffs-user.
>>
>>50093947
Can Companion To The Lonely actually get away by being pure like that, by RAW? Also, I want to see this vigilante Kingmaker!
>>
>>50093947
>I am the purest

You fool! Unless you were riding lady style, the vigorous bumping up and down on the horse might have torn your maidenhead!

>>50093962

Of course it can, all Companion to the Lonely asks for you to do is make another person "feel better." This is why it's called Companion to the Lonely and not "Expert Prostitute."
>>
>>50093952
>we could possibly end up with a wolfgirl and a demon girl beating the ever loving crap of everything else with their fists

a-awooo
>>
File: shameless.jpg (87KB, 291x543px)
shameless.jpg
87KB, 291x543px
>>50093708
>>
>>50093948
Huli jing kitsune pactmaker with Celestial Obedience (Arshea) and Extra Social Talent (Companion to the Lonely)!
>>
>>50093952
I think she'll manage in the constitution portion. She's the Wise MaximumOvermonk.

Do you think The Extra Tiefling traits from Blood of Fiends would be allowed? I'd really really like the +2 to Wis, That way i could bump Cha to something socially acceptable from a distance.
>>
File: d16.gif (174KB, 680x557px) Image search: [Google]
d16.gif
174KB, 680x557px
>>50093981

This is getting cute. Very cute. I approve.

What would the other two party members think?
>>
A brawler/bloodrager could do ok with a statline of 17/14/14/8/12/14

rite
>>
File: 1457325044301.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457325044301.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>50094004
>>
File: 1446639653878.png (161KB, 270x348px)
1446639653878.png
161KB, 270x348px
>>50093995

Now you're getting it, anon! Now put on that diaphanous silk dress and sidle up to that young buck at the bar and make us proud!
>>
I guess everyone has a copy of Curse of the Crimson Throne now right?
>>
>>50094024

Anon that's a goddamn *fantastic* statline, especially since you can get that Strength to 18 in a single level.
>>
>>50094055
Alright, cool.

I will work off of that base.
>>
File: 1477098047175.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1477098047175.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>50094041
>>
File: SF dudley.jpg (257KB, 765x990px)
SF dudley.jpg
257KB, 765x990px
>>50093941
You can use Flurry Strike (BB strike) to get two attacks that way, and still use the Bronze Knuckle for that entire turn.

You don't even need to full attack.

Assuming everything hits:

1d4+2+1d6+2d6 - 1st attack
1d4+2+1d6+2d6 - 2nd attack
2d6 - Boar Style

Where did you get bleed damage from?
>>
File: Untitled.png (163KB, 430x796px)
Untitled.png
163KB, 430x796px
>>50093962
She is the enemy of bandits everywhere.
The improvised weapon wonder and the lockmaster of love.

And yes, companion to the lonely is 'physical intimacy with a willing creature'. Brushing down a horse totally counts.
>>
>>50093947
Patpatpat
>>
How big is a 9th level runestone of power, and how many of them do you think I can realistically embed into my lich arcanist's body? Cost is no issue.
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (80KB, 456x386px)
1337026210728.jpg
80KB, 456x386px
>>50094119

>The improvised weapon wonder and the lockmaster of love.

God dammit anon *stop*, this character is getting TOO CUTE.
>>
>>50094041
>>50094088
>>50094119
Can we make this huli jing pactmaker lewder?
>>
>>50094119
>skintight bodysuit with a domino-mask and a bowtie
Cute, but lewd!
>>
File: CvIeSE3VIAIGm4Y.jpg (89KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CvIeSE3VIAIGm4Y.jpg
89KB, 800x800px
>>50090621
Is there any sort of summary or abridged version of the rules if I don't wanna memorize 600 dry instructional pages by heart within a week just to be able to have some weekly hang out with friends?

Granted, I understand Pathfinder isn't made for new players. It's made for people who've already learned the whole game by heart from years upon years of play and need even more of it. So should I just ask my friends if we can play something different? I don't want to be a bother.
>>
>>50091520
hail and kill
>>
File: Ok.gif (2MB, 540x303px)
Ok.gif
2MB, 540x303px
>>50094024

And here I was thinking 18 14 12 15 11 10 for a Warder | Artisan was barely scraping by.
>>
So my group just finished playing the first book of Vengeance, and I just got finished chatting with the GM about my Undead Lord and his ability to control an insane number of undead from the people we've killed to quell the rebellion in our little town. (I even took Undead Master to maximize the amount I can control at any given time) Does anyone have the PDFs to that campaign, or even just a link to the enemy NPC's so I know how to build my skeleton army?
>>
>>50094024
>>50094216
>People with really high and proper stats
>Me sitting on my ass with 16/10/16/18/10/8 like a bitch

Really puts things into perspective, huh?
>>
>>50094216
18s aren't worth it anon
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15KB, 560x407px)
1373319005525.png
15KB, 560x407px
>>50094173
>Can we make this huli jing pactmaker lewder?

You're a large-breasted fox girl that literally worships the Goddess of Sex, and proudly celebrates that worship with daily gangbangs that allow her to wear barely-there clothes.

The only way I can see this getting lewder is devoting points to Constitution and saying she's got good hips and a nice padded ass, or shit I don't know maybe say she also pays lip service to Shelyn and is a hopeless romantic.
>>
>>50094240
its still 25 PB
>>
>>50093962
My Companion to the Lonely is literally just leaning against the Paladin and holding his hand.
>>
>>50094242

Sorry, the 18 is post-racial, my pre-racial would be 16 14 12 15 11 10.

>>50094240
>Really puts things into perspective, huh?

That it does, but that stat-array is completely fine, what are you planning to play with it?
>>
>>50094271
My pre-racial is 15/14/14/10/10/14

so.
>>
>>50094249
She also sucks away life force while having sex.

But it's okay, because she's a Companion to the Lonely!
>>
>>50094249
>hopeless romantic
>partakes in gangbangs daily
>>
>>50093995
Pactmaker? Care to explain what that is to a innocent young anon who is not well versed in Pathfinder?
>>
>>50094303

Working out how that's supposed to make sense is part of the fun, anon!

>I don't know! The third guy I was with was just so ~dreamy~, even when he was done and the next guy came in I was still thinking of him.
>>
File: 57280745.jpg (110KB, 500x500px)
57280745.jpg
110KB, 500x500px
so far I see too many furries going on...stop that.
>>
>>50094350

How's this?
>>
>>50094350
Let's be fair dude, this board has gone way past that point for a while now. No use turning back now.
>>
>read more style stuff
>remember that my favorite style, wolf, has huge wis prereqs

kill me
>>
>>50094304
See >>50090739

Oooooh, how can she take harlot sweets all the time while avoiding the Int damage?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/drugs/harlot-sweets
>>
>>50094373

Wasn't there some kind of backdoor into that style that let you skip ability requirements? Or am I thinking of something else? Or just making shit up?
>>
>>50094364

It's an improvement, yes.

>>50094369

I think the entire chan has gone past it but that's another discussion.
>>
File: 1475010772207.png (1MB, 1600x1974px) Image search: [Google]
1475010772207.png
1MB, 1600x1974px
>>50093952
>>50094000

Screw it, we're already at 25, what's an extra 2 points? Addin the Blood of Fiends

Str 17
Dex 15
Con 14
Int 10
Wiz 19
Cha 7

LIkes: Good food, Strong Booze, Fighting, Fruit, "Princely" Men, Cake, Matronly Women, Chocolate, Huge Tits (specially her own) hand holding and cheap copper store romance novels

Dislikes: Hangovers, Needles, Meat (Unless its bacon), Language barriers, Food poisoning.

Potions, Belts of Physical perfection, and all that other jazz should take care of my lower con score. Not to mention i get Toughness for free as a Sacred Mountain Monk. It could be higher, but i think it'll level out.

Righto... What sort of Fighting styles should i go for, I've got planned Pummeling, Snake and Dragon. Anything else i should look into?
>>
File: 1448726102088.png (66KB, 1000x1000px)
1448726102088.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>50094289

You're right, I'm just freaking out a bit about trying to make all these attributes work in a way that make sense for the character - he's supposed to got poise, you know? A proper duelist that's let himself rust a bit in an ole seaside sleepy town, I get that with 14 dexterity and Agile Dancer (along with the future Landsknecht and Scarlet Throne Style focus) but it feels like he needs some Wisdom.

Ah well, we'll get there when we get there, eh?

Speaking of, are there any Craft skills you think would be cool to see done in this campaign? I'm getting Painting, but I've got enough skill points for (4) more Crafts!
>>
>>50094403
Uhhh

i don't think so

sounds like you're making shit up
>>
>>50094386
>Oooooh, how can she take harlot sweets all the time while avoiding the Int damage?

She can't? The best she can do is become a Paladin of Arshea and gain immunity to addiction.
>>
>>50094350
>kitsune = furry
Anon, don't dump intelligence. Know your difference.
>>
File: Coyotl.jpg (640KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Coyotl.jpg
640KB, 706x1000px
>>50094386
That coyōtl kitsune has had a growth spurt.
>>
File: Coyotl brushing.jpg (360KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Coyotl brushing.jpg
360KB, 500x600px
>>50094442
Is /pfg/ interested in coyōtl kitsune at all?

>Coyōtl
>Not truly a kitsune, but a closely related species, the coyōtl share their eastern cousin’s affinity for trickery and manipulation. Like kitsune, they are master shapeshifters, but their carrion-heavy diet and heavy spiritualism has led many to believe—including the majority of coyōtl themselves—that they possess power over life and death. And yet, in spite of this burden, they live life one day at a time, cheerful and impulsive, fast-talking their way out of any trouble they find themselves in.

>+2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Coyōtl are excellent at reading and exploiting people, but find brute strength unappealing. This racial trait replaces the normal kitsune’s racial ability modifiers.

>Liminal Mediator (Ex/Sp): Coyōtl add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against death effects that they use. Whenever a coyōtl uses an ability that would heal a creature by a number expressed in dice, they heal an additional 1 hit point per die of healing. Finally, coyōtl can use bleed and stabilize as spell-like abilities once per round as a free action (caster level equals the coyōtl’s character level). This racial trait replaces kitsune magic.

>Trickster (Ex): Coyōtl gain a +2 racial bonus on Bluff checks. This racial trait replaces agile.

They make good caster clerics, and they are quite chuunibyou.
>>
>>50094435

Three points:

1) I'm not an anon. I'm Nightfall.

2) I know kitsune. I watch enough japanese anime to know.

3) It seems most of the talk about kitsune and related anthropomorphized human/animal hybrids are about who is the ones you have sex with. Not necessarily about what it is that playing these races entail.
>>
File: tumblr_n00ajg0mhO1rhe8jbo1_500.jpg (95KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n00ajg0mhO1rhe8jbo1_500.jpg
95KB, 500x750px
>>50094411

>Language barriers

For some reason, I find the idea of a giant, burly demon woman having the loud-foreigner-argument with someone hilarious.
>>
File: 1429922092866.png (495KB, 947x887px) Image search: [Google]
1429922092866.png
495KB, 947x887px
>>50094497

>mfw it's with a terrified 5'2 Tien shopkeeper
>>
>>50094479
ah, so you're a name faggot
got it
>>
I guess if wolf style is off the table (WRYYY) I can always take kitsune style i have a backdoor into that
>>
How would you balance an interesting large Pc race with 15 Rp or less?

Without making a generic giant
>>
>>50094497
>>50094514

No worries there, She's, Tentatively, Ameiko's younger sister. She knows Tien. She's a bit rusty on her Yamcha tho.
>>
>>50094271
A Living Grimoire bookworm!
>>
>>50094521

I'm not a faggot. I in face intensely DISLIKE that kind of name calling. You want to call me an idiot fine. I'm not a derogatory term you use for some one that has a different sexual preference than the hetero-norms out there.

I am Nightfall. I plan on BEING Nightfall. And only Nightfall.
>>
>>50094541

Is this your theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
>>
File: 1449595818486.jpg (13KB, 416x297px) Image search: [Google]
1449595818486.jpg
13KB, 416x297px
>>50094540

Ooh, her!

That character is cute and you're cute for making her.
>>
>>50094477
Yes I like coyôtls. Pls post more
>>
File: f35222x_04.jpg (39KB, 640x425px)
f35222x_04.jpg
39KB, 640x425px
>>50094514

>Terrified shopkeeper
>Not some grouchy old man or woman who stopped giving fucks twenty years ago and has no plans to resume
>Other customers aren't sure who they should be more frightened of

Missed opportunity, anon.
>>
File: 74b.jpg (48KB, 680x649px)
74b.jpg
48KB, 680x649px
>>50094541
>don't call me a faggot on 4chan
>>
>>50094558

No. This is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dnlPIuRsh8
>>
>>50094403
Wait, do you need pre-reqs to take combat feats if you get them as a bonus combat feat?

I don't think you do
>>
File: 1469096041755.png (47KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1469096041755.png
47KB, 500x430px
>>50094576
>Missed opportunity, anon.

Ain't that the story of my life, Fennec anon.
>>
File: litanyagainstbait.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
litanyagainstbait.png
17KB, 600x600px
>>50094541
>doesn't like -fag
>doesn't like being an anon
Newfag detected. I don't think this place is for you
>>
>>50094577

I think it's a reasonable request, since I don't come to your home and try to burn your shit down. Then say "Why you mad bro?"
>>
>>50094589

I've been here a while. As for what I think of this place...it's not entire up to me. I could leave sure. But that only encourages the bad behavior you all engage. So I'm trying something different.
>>
File: 1473599903913.jpg (60KB, 640x400px)
1473599903913.jpg
60KB, 640x400px
>>50094594
So not only are you a namefag, you're a normalfag too.
>>
>>50094594
The fact that you think it's a reasonable request to roll in here and demand our culture and speech patterns change for you is more than ample evidence that 1, you don't belong here, and 2, you're literally mentally retarded. Sorry, it's fact, I don't make the rules.
>>
>>50094611

I am NOT a fag, whether or not I'm normal is a matter of debate. What I am, however, is a guy that decided to come here because I thought trying to be nice was better than just ignoring the lot of you that seem to think you can run around and be jerks to everyone.
>>
File: age limits for 4chan.png (7KB, 358x121px) Image search: [Google]
age limits for 4chan.png
7KB, 358x121px
>>50094627
>>
>>50094541
>I am Nightfall. I plan on BEING Nightfall. And only Nightfall.

got an edgy faggot here boys
>>
>>50094627
This is literally a forum established for the sole purpose of being jerks to everyone. Would you walk into a lion's den and cry oppression when they ate your fat, delicious ass?
>>
>>50094619

What compared me screaming and yelling at all of you to change and just being a poster of crap all over these threads? Yeah that's so much more reasonable.

Whether or not I belong here is a matter of opinion, especially since I've not done anything to crap on this thread. Nor have I yelled. So...yeah I think I'll stay.
>>
File: 1475292926581.png (177KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475292926581.png
177KB, 697x768px
>>50094627
Complete and total fag detected.
>>
>>50094648
You're turning a pathfinder thread into a thread about how you're better than all of us, that counts as crapping, tardfag.
>>
>>50094634

I am old enough to be here. I don't need to show you ID.

>>50094645

Not edgy. I just am stating facts that I feel need to be said to educate the lot of you. And again,
please do NOT call me a faggot.
>>
>>50094577
>>50094589
Come on guys, stop feeding Grumpy McSaltfag.
>>
>>50094576
>>50094588
*Mean while at the Rusty dragon*

"I gave you a chicken sandwich"
"CHIKOUN SUNDOVICHI! Nan desu ka? Nanu nanu Ebork york!"

"Damn moonspeak!"
>>
File: kxgj9.gif (996KB, 150x148px) Image search: [Google]
kxgj9.gif
996KB, 150x148px
>>50094610
>>50094627
>>50094648
>>50094664
>A namefag tries to push his normalfag world view on to a bunch of anonymous virgins on a Cantonese Photoshop forum.
This can only end well for you.

Pic related.
>>
File: 1478033130806.jpg (506KB, 1676x2000px)
1478033130806.jpg
506KB, 1676x2000px
>>50094666
c'mon satan, can't we have a little bit of fun?
>>
File: MuxZgN7.png (98KB, 404x303px)
MuxZgN7.png
98KB, 404x303px
>>50094697
No.
>>
>>50094664
fuck off faggot
>>
>>50094647

Depends. Do I think being nice to people is a better way to help others than being a shit head? I think so.

>>50094660

Again, do not call me that. I don't cal you all bitches. I ask only the same thing. Nor do I go around spray painting your houses with the words "Die asshole" or something like that.

>>50094663

I am not turning it that way. It is this way because NO ONE wants to talk in a reasonable fashion. However if you DO want to talk about Pathfinder, how about the fact that I think that Pathfinder needs some more Adventure Paths involving horror? How about that?
>>
>>50094227
I'm for changing the subject if it means I get help with this, I think my post got buried due to everyone's waifu-theorycrafting.
>>
File: nanakno.png (78KB, 578x196px) Image search: [Google]
nanakno.png
78KB, 578x196px
>>
>People not automatically filtering nightfall
>>
File: 82-83.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px)
82-83.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
Ay lmao
>>
File: 1449377778753.gif (582KB, 350x280px)
1449377778753.gif
582KB, 350x280px
>>50094671

>Tiefling getting into a shouting match with Ameiko over orders
>>
File: 1476468501997.jpg (371KB, 834x1250px)
1476468501997.jpg
371KB, 834x1250px
>>50094730
I want to marry a fluffy drow!
>>
File: 84-85.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
84-85.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>50094735
Ayy lmao
>>
>I really enjoy twists
>drop hints for several session leading up to big ones
>players get pissed when twist comes
I don't even care anymore.
>>
File: fennec.png (1MB, 1000x1770px) Image search: [Google]
fennec.png
1MB, 1000x1770px
>>50094576
Would you play a fennec kitsune?
>>
>>50094729

Don't we have the whole AP in the trove, though?
>>
>>50094740
God damn, so do I now.
>>
File: 86-87.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
86-87.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>50094747
Ayy lmao
>>
>>50094716
>Namecalling over the internet is on the same severity of vandalism
That's what you don't get. You can call us bitches, assholes, retards, whatever. We don't care because it doesn't matter. You spend enough time here and it becomes background noise you automatically tune out.
>>
>>50094747

That last link doesn't work but thank you for the other one.
>>
>>50094738

Tien is kinda different than Minkain. So i guess big sister is just trolling "little" demonic sister.
>>
>>50094758
I... don't actually know where that is. Link?
>>
>>50094733
already did, just report and ignore
>>
>>50094740
that fucking everything, looks like those dwarfs from lol but tall
>>
>>50094751
stop being a faggot
>>
File: 88-89.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
88-89.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>50094767
Ayyy lmao
>>
File: afAybTq.gif (1MB, 519x390px)
afAybTq.gif
1MB, 519x390px
>>50094716
>>50094751
>Seriously is trying to get people "play nice" here
Man this is some premium bait. I'm getting to use all of "OP is a faggot" shit.

You're a colossal faggot.

>not knowing about mandarin rug-weaving on a Nepalese cave painting website
Definitely a newfag.
>>
>mfw so many combat styles

i don't even know what to do guys send help
>>
>>50094770

I think some things matter more than others but if you guys think calling me names is appropriate...I guess I was right before about coming here.
>>
File: 90-91.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
90-91.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>50094789
Ayyyy lmao
>>
>>50094776
In the link repository pastebin in the OP. The two MEGA repos, one for Paizo material and one for 3PP.
>>
>>50094776

https://mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ!4pRnzJjI
>>
>>50094803
I'll help. Go two-handed or archery or spells
>>
File: Doom Idol of Ib.png (1MB, 1010x2029px)
Doom Idol of Ib.png
1MB, 1010x2029px
>>50094807
Also slightly less ayy, an artifact.
>>
File: The Bloodwind.png (924KB, 863x2381px)
The Bloodwind.png
924KB, 863x2381px
>>50094829
Also, a boat that's a total asshole. Seriously, just read this shit.
>>
>>50094804
Dude, I don't like the constant slur-slinging any more than you, but you're fucking nuts if you think you can convince them to stop. The whole point of this site is the anonymous culture, and you look like a dunkass for barging in here and not understanding any of it. Just go anonymous, remember that you'll never meet any of the circlejerking right-wing creeps in person, and enjoy the homebrew furries.
>>
File: Howdah of Leisurely Travel.png (704KB, 863x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Howdah of Leisurely Travel.png
704KB, 863x1528px
>>50094843
Howdah doin todah?
>>
>>50094804
It really just shows that you don't have any idea what you're dealing with. Does friendly name-calling among friends IRL tick you off too? People do it casually here because vets don't care. The problem is that you take it way more seriously than we do, and then get mad when we do things you don't like.
>>
>>50094818
i'm literally talking about style feats.
>>
>>50094804
Bye faggot
>>
>>50094867
What do you want to do?
>>
>>50094817
Thanks senpai, you are a scholar and a gentleman.
>>
File: ichtlay.gif (487KB, 500x373px)
ichtlay.gif
487KB, 500x373px
>>50094804
So not only are you a faggot, you're a nigger too.

I'll bet you're a kike as well.
>>
>>50094753
I think I'm incapable of making a plotline without a twist.

>You go down and hunt the slave traders
>But find out they've all been slaughtered by a new monster out of nowhere just before you arrived!
>After defeating the new monster, you find a clue indicating it's one of the slaves you were meant to rescue, transformed by magic and grief!

>A mysterious hooded band is following the princess
>But they're not kidnappers or assassins, they're a slightly creepy dedicated fan club!

>Two circus troupes have moved into a town at the same time and are causing trouble when they clash
>They're actually both mercenary bands undercover, investigating the town's collective evil plot to kidnap travellers and sell them to a mage's guild as test subjects!

Send help.
>>
>>50094875
i don't knooow
KILL ME
>>
>>50094891
icandigit.jpg
>>
>>50094899
Linnorm Style then? Actually, if you combine Linnorm and Archon together with MoMS you could make an interesting tank who intentionally gets hit for bonuses...
>>
>>50094922
i wanted to do wolf style things but i can't because no wis, bleh
>>
>>50094197
For the most part no. What makes it "not for new players" however isn't the complexity of the basic d20 system but the sheer amount of options - most of them deliberate trapped design meant to make you suck - within the game.

Roll 1d20+modifiers (you can't NOT at least learn about the modifiers) to succeed at saves, skills, or attacks. Natural 1s are autofails only on saves and attacks (NOT skills).

This is the most basic, basic lesson. Beyond this, you need to at least read whatever class you choose and its systems; people who aren't willing to even learn how their own FUCKING CLASS works ARE THEMSELVES trash, and their characters are trash as well, and shouldn't even be allowed at the fucking table. Newbies are newbies and it takes experience, but I can't count the number of "buh, just tell me what to use, GM" I've seen especially online over the years; people who after 6 months, or even 2 years, still haven't figured out how a fucking cleric works, despite playing one the entire fucking time.

A GM must know how the system works properly; at the very least how every class being played works, how NPCs and monsters work, and the basic rules of the game. You are obviously not lining up for that.

But you at least have to read your class and if something in there you don't understand, you gotta look it up or ask. You don't fucking pick blindness (the spell) if you don't even know what the blindness status fucking is or fucking does. You don't fucking go around maxing out turn undead and then complaining it doesn't work against the fucking living.

LEARN. YOUR. FUCKING. CLASS.
>>
File: sporange.jpg (64KB, 424x260px)
sporange.jpg
64KB, 424x260px
>>50094369
>Sunk Cost Fallacy

You can always just turn back. And it's probably cheaper than continuing when it's already going to be no good.
>>
>>50095046
To be fair, it's only the sunk cost fallacy if we continue due to it.

It's different story if we nuke the whole place.
>>
File: 1468295821351.png (199KB, 1200x1332px)
1468295821351.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
Painting, Jewelry, Glassmaking, Calligraphy, Weapons.

How's these sound for the Craft skills? I'm aiming for a solid compromise between "shit we'll use" and "shit that sounds fun."

I mean, I've got 14 skill points per level to work with, I'm not hurtin' for this stuff, and at level 14 I'll have 15 per level.
>>
>>50095046
I mean, imo it's not furry if they don't have a snout. And the sunk cost fallacy doesn't really apply here, we're not throwing away a depleting non-furriness resource.
>>
>>50095046
Sunk cost fallacy only really applies if you're actually buying or otherwise putting something of yourself into something that's slowly draining the life out of you, what's happening here is more along the lines of a community shift, which once it's gone far enough is like trying to stop a meme by complaining about it to the people perpetuating it.
>>
File: ah jun.jpg (51KB, 401x309px)
ah jun.jpg
51KB, 401x309px
>>50094878
>>
>>50094807
Ahaha what an ugly little shit. Even its name is fuck ugly.
>>
>>50094403
Monks can
>>
>>50095080
>level 14

Wait shit I meant level 4, why is my brain all dumb tonight.
>>
>>50095080
>>50095105

Dont forget profession skills! Specifically Sailor, and cook. Everyone needs a boatman and a chef.
>>
i have 5 skills per level to work with

ahaha ;.;
>>
File: 1350337551276.gif (328KB, 420x360px) Image search: [Google]
1350337551276.gif
328KB, 420x360px
>>50095080
>>50095117
>Tfw always want to invest in these kinds of skills, but never have enough skill points or when i do, they never come up.
I don't even know what to feel.
>>
>>50094876
Same guy here, this is kind of weird. Some of these NPCs don't have the "average" amount of HP you'd expect from their hit die plus modifiers, and with some I'm not entirely sure where these pluses are coming from (for instance the paladin had 42 HP at a 5d10+10, where did that +10 come from? She doesn't have any kind of feat as far as I can see...)
>>
File: [CAN'T WAKE UP].png (156KB, 270x270px)
[CAN'T WAKE UP].png
156KB, 270x270px
>>50095117

Dammit man I'm a swordsman, not a miracle worker!

I'll see what I can do, what naming scheme should I work out for this guy? I'm strongly considering something Italian.
>>
>>50095130
That ain't so bad. I've got an oracle with 7 int. I get 2 points a level.

Perception and diplomacy all day.
>>
>>50095155

Look up Italian mythology and start there.

>>50095144
Background Skills optional rules is your friend.
>>
>>50095152
CON 14 would do it?
>>
File: 1470348756763.jpg (32KB, 506x521px)
1470348756763.jpg
32KB, 506x521px
>>50095144

Don't fall into despair yet, anon! Anything that gives you at least 6 skill points per level will easily offer at least a point or three to invest in a fun skill.
>>
File: 11.png (182KB, 287x287px)
11.png
182KB, 287x287px
>>50094891
I can help. Make your group go through 5 of your Shyamalan extravangaza shit, then in the six run include no plot twist.
The plot twist will be that it will just be a straight foward adventure, but they will never see it coming.
There, you made a twistless story while indulging in your twist addiction.
>>
>>50095187
Con 13 my dude, it's a mystery.
>>
>>50095165
i mean its pretty bad to only get 5 with background skills in play

#martiallyfe i guess tho

what would be a good profession for a punchtastic wolf girl?
>>
>>50095200
Wait, no, I think I know what happened. Paizo probably built these characters with Favored Class bonuses and probably put some of them into HP per level.
>>
>>50095214
wait shit i know

BAKER
>>
File: 1401283526298.jpg (88KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
1401283526298.jpg
88KB, 450x254px
>>50095214
>what would be a good profession for a punchtastic wolf girl?

What's her job?

>>50095239
>BAKER

>Punches the dough

It's perfect, PERFECT.

How does she keep stray hairs out of the dough?
>>
>>50095243
Hairnets dude.
>>
>>50095235
They almost always do favored class into HP just to make things easier
>>
>>50095214
>>50095239

Wood cutter.

Over head chops build those Lats and those Traps

Alternatively, Gambler. Go to yonder fight club, bet on yourself. Use winnings on that hot new spin wheel they brought in. Go home broke.
>>
File: sad phyrra.gif (2MB, 500x225px)
sad phyrra.gif
2MB, 500x225px
>looking at Reign of Winter
>all those horrible political situations left unresolved
>tfw I have no means or skill to run a campaign about wrecking the evil dragons of the Triaxian Drakelands, uniting holy orders and creatures of Fire to take down Irrisen, or bringing the supernatural to Earth and preventing the worst of the 20th century
>>
>>50095257

Really stings, doesn't it?

Like an arrow to the heart.
>>
>>50095243

The oni-spawn has profession cook!

So our punchy girls are good with food both? I'm sensing a trend. Are you me? You gotta tell me if your me, i can't tell otherwise.
>>
>>50095265
Ok seriously fuck you.
>>
>>50091100
There is no "After".
>>
>>50095250
>>50095235
>>50095200
Yeah, NPCs are almost always built by assuming that they took their Favored Class Bonus as the class they have most levels in to gain extra HP.
>>
>>50095265
You could almost say I was destined to lament this. Well, if you believe in that sort of thing.
>>
>>50095275
I'm not you i think.
>>
>>50095320
Yeah I'll get this all done pretty quickly now that I know what I'm doing. I do find it odd, though, that Skeletons use Cha to determine their HP when using the Skeleton template automatically brings it to 10. Like seriously, what's the point?
>>
>>50095243
>how does she keep the stray hairs out of the dough

she's not always big bad wulf

but hairnets
>>
>>50095275

I'm not you, I'm me, the only me there is!

And this me is going to make you some awesome glassware or jewelry! Or maybe a painting to hang up for the restaurant, something cool!
>>
pictured

brawler awoo and monk oni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AoN6mr3cQ8
>>
File: shadow teddie.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shadow teddie.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>50095366
>I'm not you, I'm me, the only me there is!

I am a Shadow, the true self.
>>
>>50095389

I want to get an S-rank with all of you!
>>
>>50095366
>>50095353
>>50095389

I can sense Awooo and Oni having duels in the kitchen. Awoo ends up winning simply because Oni keeps eating the ingredients before she finishes the dish.

And its one of those Iron Chef deals where you dont get extra ingredents, and Come on EVERYONE eats the chocolate chips before you put them in the cookies!
>>
>>50095442
awoo is only a baker though ;.;
>>
>>50095450

But you BAKE cookies!
>>
>>50095442

>Oni likes fruit and hates meat
>Awoo presumably likes meat and hates fruit

It's like poetry, each one shores up the other's weakness!
>>
>>50095450

You could say she's a natural with buns in the oven.

She always knows how to put the right amount of glaze on her rolls.
>>
>>50095512
AWOO IS NOT FOR LEWDS
>>
Rolled 4, 6, 6, 4, 2, 2, 1, 6, 1, 1, 4, 2, 4, 3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 3 = 55 (19d6)

It's time mother fuckers.

3d6 down the like, roll one more d6 for what level you are. You're a member of the Ash Eaters mercenary company. Roll dem bones and build dat character.
>>
>>50095517
Awoo is for lewds if the awoo agrees to it! Stop placing awoos on a pedestal!
>>
>>50095517

Awoo was made for pounding and getting sticky white stuff everywhere!

And the more she handles it, the faster it rises!
>>
>>50095530
>16, 8, 8, 7, 8, 5
Holeh shite dood.
>>
>>50095530
>Str: 16
>Dex: 8
>Con: 10 (8)
>Int: 7
>Wis: 10 (8)
>Cha: 5 (7)

Literally only have strength. Level 3, gonna be a Dwarven fighter, a classic. One of the many faces in the Ash Eaters, Bodrik Gorrshead is highly superstitious and highly unlikable. He drinks heavily and will regale anyone with his paranoid conspiracies on elven world government.
>>
>>50095558
Sorry, that should be 3 Cha, not 5.
>>
>>50095550
PLEASE NO BULLY
>>
>>50094197

>memorize 600 dry instructional pages

Let me try and break down the CRB for a rough total of pages that actually matter:
>12 page intro rules (must read for beginners)
>10 pages of race fluff with only a limited amount of rules needed
>56 pages of class rules, of which only 1.25 is universal rules, the rest are class specific rules that you don't need to read in full except for the class you want to play
>26 pages of skill rules, again only 1.5 pages of which are universal rules while the rest describe how each skill works (and you can probably guess the gist of the skill by name alone)
>28 pages of feats, 2 pages of universal rules this time, and again the rest of the pages describe each feat in detail. You can probably just skim the table of feats to get an idea of what's in there
>26 pages of equipment, of which 7 pages are useful rules and reference tables.
>40 pages of rules (general and combat)
>18 pages of magic rules
>ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY PAGES OF SPELL DESCRIPTIONS. Needless to say you should NOT read all of this shit as a beginner, just cruise the compressed spell list and read the rules for things you think are interesting. Don't bother reading if you don't have spells, you can pick them up later.
>22 pages of prestige classes, you don't need to read this
>You don't need to read the Game Mastering, Environment, and NPC sections as a player (maybe environment if the GM keeps using weather effects or something).
>You don't need to read Magic Items unless you plan on crafting things.
>You only need to look at the appendix sections to figure out what a status condition does.

So 92 pages of core reading (fewer if you ignore magic) plus maybe a dozen pages to necessary to get your character up and running. This is of course assuming your friends are assholes and don't help you get into the game. I didn't read the whole book when I first started playing, I had friends fill in all the gaps which let me pick up the game way faster.
>>
>>50095565

Gosh anon, you're like a blushing maid unable to take the slightest tip of a double entendre, need us to go gentle on you?
>>
I really enjoy actually challenging my PCs. The entire campaign takes place in a single city, as such a good portion of their enemies are humanoid (or monstrous humanoid). I enjoy building enemies with PC levels and giving them highly gimmicky builds.

However my players have requested I turn down the heat as they've lost two PCs in five sessions, and one of them they can't resurrect (he was eaten whole and digested, they didn't find the shit).

I think I need to find new players who can take the heat.

The things they go through are, to a degree, unfair in that many of the enemies are clearly stronger than them, however I enjoy the desperation they feel. It's fun.
>>
>>50095607

Give us character creation rules before you tease us like that, anon!
>>
File: thatwould.jpg (97KB, 537x445px) Image search: [Google]
thatwould.jpg
97KB, 537x445px
>>50095512
>>
>>50095607
>tfw minor vore fetish

I wouldn't mind a PC death like that if I knew death was on the table
>>
>>50095611
I would start a new campaign.

1st level

DSP allowed upon request,

humans and human offshoots only (except half-orc and half-elf)

high optimization

max gold for your class at 1st

you get a second favored class of your choosing

PrCs are highly encouraged and you'll get a bonus for joining them, but as being highly specific you must seek out training,

creating scrolls/wands/potions is fine but for permanent magic items you'll have to seek out an artisan who can make it or find it in a market (or loot it)

Homebrewed Vices and Corruption system based upon vices and tendencies your character has.

The game is almost entirely urban.
>>
>>50095694
>1st level

No wonder they're dying so fast.
Man, unless the GM specifically goes easy on you until level 3, even the best legal build imaginable could die to an enemy's lucky crit with a high damage roll in PF.
>>
>>50095725
The party is level 7, you all start at 1st level. This would be a different campaign of course.
>>
>>50094140
Check out the rules sections on http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

You should be good with that as long as your friends are willing to be patient with you.
>>
>>50095743
I mean more like, if we joined a level 1 campaign advertised as not pulling punches, I'd really expect us all to drop like flies.

Still mildly interested though

How often do level ups happen? What's the policy on your next character if you die?
>>
>>50095791
>How often do level ups happen? What's the policy on your next character if you die?
You bring 2 back up characters part of the same organization you're in to replenish the lengths, they change from NPCs to PCs when you die.

> if we joined a level 1 campaign advertised as not pulling punches
Yes.

>Still mildly interested though
I actually track XP, you're on the medium track.
>>
>>50095791
And then the GM wonders why everyone rolls up high-init ranged intitiators, to have a chance of making it to level 3 by killing things before they get turn 1.

>Did I fail to understand a basic problem with the balance of the system? Am I out of touch?
>... No. It's the children who are wrong.
>>
>>50095811
More questions:
What happens when both your backups die?
Do they automatically level with your main character?
Are backups required to be different enough from your main build and each other?

And also
Any feat tax reductions or other homerules?
Is there a specific day it runs?
>>
>>50095854
>What happens when both your backups die?
You're supposed to always have two back ups, so unless all three die same session you're fine.

>Do they automatically level with your main character?
That's what I've been doing.

>Are backups required to be different enough from your main build and each other?
Yes they are.

>Any feat tax reductions or other homerules?
I use the "elephant in the room" ones.

>Is there a specific day it runs?
Man I was only speculating on running or not. Probably wont.
>>
>>50095813
Not gonna lie, Gunsmoke Mystic was my first build idea
>>
>>50095813
>thinking being a high-init ranged initiator will save you
sweet summer child
>>
>>50095870
>Man I was only speculating on running or not. Probably wont.

Goddamnit anon you got me all worked up for nothing
>>
File: Capitalismho.png (35KB, 200x200px)
Capitalismho.png
35KB, 200x200px
>>50095881
I never said it WOULD save them, I said that was their only chance. Not a great chance, because you could still roll low on init, and since the other side goes first you die. But it's sure as FUCK better than making a someday-TWF BAB15 support character and hoping to see level 2 in those conditions.

>>50095743
>Party level 7
>You start level 1

So they're playing Wizardry is what you're telling us here. The newbies are brought en-masse into the high level party's environment for the sole purpose of their starting funds being looted and resold to enrich the main party.
>BUT LOL YOU HAVE TWO BACKUPS, DON'T WORRY, LEVEL 1, I'M SURE YOU'LL HIT SOMETHING ON A NAT 20
>FEELING USEFUL YET?
>>
>>50095915
>So they're playing Wizardry is what you're telling us here. The newbies are brought en-masse into the high level party's environment for the sole purpose of their starting funds being looted and resold to enrich the main party.
No, did you not read? I'm saying that you start at level 1 because it's a new campaign, not because I want a mix leveled party.
>>
>>50095870
>>50095891

>tfw you'll never play a cute elfgirl who gets eaten alive
>>
New Thread: >>50095960
>>50095960
>>50095960
>>50095960
>>
what are some lawful evil archetypes? i've never seen one played so i'm not sure how one would be played
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 115

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.