[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 54

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

No Strings On Me Edition. Tell us tales of Constructs, Cohorts, and Undead gone rogue, /pfg/!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Old Thread: >>50075459
>>
I played an undead rogue once, it was awful.
>>
There are none robots are always perfect and would never turn on their masters.
>>
Gear of Power Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Creation Sphere Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#heading=h.39lbvmbqsg4o
>>
I don't even know what to think of that last thread.
>>
>>50078856
its ok we have to get it out of our systems
>>
>>50078856
Don't think about it. Just let it pass into oblivion.
>>
Well at least having a pseudo-Zarus back is a nice setting fitting for me so i'm happy
>>
>>50078790
>not!Doll edition
You had one job, OP.
>>
>>50078912
Anon, we don't want to carry that shit to the new thread.

Besides, everyone knows homunculi are superior.
>>
>>50078912
but he's not a doll

there are no strings on him
>>
>>50078935
I want to improve the Haemonculi race for the old west setting but i've got no real ideas for it
>>
>>50078935

Eh, I'm partial to shambling Moreauvian mutants myself, but each to their own unnatural servant caste.
>>
>>50078946
Care to give a refresher on it? I'm about to fall over in my chair, but I can give it a look before I pass out.
>>
>>50078961
here i'll pull it up

+2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Haemonculi are stronger than average and are incredible fonts of knowledge, but their lack of emotions make it difficult for them to relate to others.

- Size: Haemonculi are Medium creatures, and they have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

- Base Speed: Haemonculi have a base speed of 30 feet.

- Languages: Haemonculi begin play speaking Common. Haemonculi with high Intelligence can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).

- Emotionless: Haemonculi's lack of emotions makes it difficult for them to read others, and they take a -4 on sense motive checks and they cannot gain Morale Bonuses.

- Artificial: For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger's favored enemy and bane weapons), Haemonculi count as both humanoids and constructs. They gain a +2 Racial Bonus on Will saving throws.

- Alchemical Origin: Once per day,a Haemonculi can choose to negate a critical hit or precision damage effect against them.

- Keen Senses: Haemonculi gain a +2 racial bonus to perception checks and have low-light vision

- Ageless: Haemonculi do not have age categories, and will never gain any of the benefits or penalties of aging. They have no maximum age, are created fully grown.
>>
In a gestalt campaign I want to make a character that utilizes throwing weapons and then engages in Melee when needed. I was going to ranger/war priest.

Is there a way I can throw 2 handed weapons like greatswords and deal their normal base weapon damage?
>>
>>50078982
>Alchemical Origin: Once per day,a Haemonculi can choose to negate a critical hit or precision damage effect against them.

Change this. mechanically, follow the usual clause for creatures of the abberation subtype: critical hits, precision damage and sneak attacks have a 10-20% chance to deal only normal damage.

Otherwise, your homebrew race is so damn plain. Why can't I roll an Android or an Elan? (which are also lab-grown people)
>>
>>50079077
I'm not sure I'd recommend either of those class for a 2-handed thrower. I'm pretty sure Barbarian has an archetype based around that exact thing.
>>
>>50079077
Barbarian/Warpriest would be a better bet.
>>
File: Smug PsyArm.png (94KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
Smug PsyArm.png
94KB, 300x297px
>>50079077
>Is there a way I can throw 2 handed weapons like greatswords and deal their normal base weapon damage?

PsyArm
>>
>>50079672
You're a disappointment.
>>
File: n35n.jpg (130KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
n35n.jpg
130KB, 706x1000px
>>50079683
Aren't we all
>>
You have to play an NPC class, but are allowed to do the following:
>VMC
>take a PrC when you qualify

What NPC glass do you play, and what VMC/PrC do you grab?

This is also a technique I often use to build NPCs.
>>
>>50079751
One caveat, if your VMC grants you a class feature that grants spells (like a Witch Patron, Cleric Domain, etc.) it does so if you're an Adept.
>>
>>50079786
The last one I made was a Warrior VMC Cavalier PrC'd into Stalwart Defender. He was the leader of a garrison the PCs visited.
>>
>>50079751
Adept, obviously

still better than playing a monk...
>>
>>50078790
Still no Avowed playtest in OP. ;-; Oh well.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Here it is. I know there was an anon who wanted elemental not-casting last thread, so... elemental pact when it's out?
>>
>>50079751
>>50079786
Without a doubt, I'd play an Adept VMC Sorcerer or Bard, take the Deific Obedience feat, and then PrC into Evangelist. If at all possible I'd also ask if I could be a 3.5 Eberron Adept, which was the same as an Adept except they got a single Domain.
>>
In my homebrew setting I had a player who wanted to play a Monk. I wanted to encourage them and make monks fit better in a classic Euro/Medieval fantasy way and so contrived a not-Arabia region for Monks to come from; a city of humans, djinn, their offpsring, and other desert critters.

They liked the idea and so now I have to do some more work to make the Monk more Arabic. I was going to change the name to Fakir and basically have it be the unchained monk with some changes, most specifically the weapons. Shuriken, nunchaku, sai, siangham, and kama get dropped. I was going to add Scimitar to their list of Fakir weapons, any other suggestions?

Oh, and going to make archetypes stack with unchained monk. Thanks.
>>
>>50079565
exactly why I don't like it. Its so damn plain.

I just don't know where to take it.
>>
>>50078790
For those asking for Curse of the Crimson Throne the cleaners got a copy just wait a while and let they work.
>>
>>50079565
>>50080011
To elaborate, I just don't know quite how to build them up to be more interesting

The important points to me are that they are emotionless and unaging, but i'm having trouble making that compelling as a race.
>>
>>50080014
"For those" it's literally one faggot who won't shut the fuck up and stop throwing baby fits. Tell the cleaners to keep it.
>>
>>50079939
>Shuriken
Shuriken are just little chakrams

Sai's are just swordbreakers.

Nunchaku are convenient fails (like flindbars).

No real explanation for kama though.
>>
>>50080115
But I want it too.
>>
File: d'oh.gif (358KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
d'oh.gif
358KB, 512x288px
There's a feat that can alter the visual appearance of a spell, making it harder for enemies to recognize it, but I can't remember its name. Can you help me?
>>
>>50080418
still spell?
>>
>>50080418
Stylistic Spell or something like that?
>>
>>50080429
No, it still keeps its somatic components but, since you change its visual appearance,it's harder to recognize by Spellcraft checks (and therefore harder to counter).
>>50080471
What's that?
>>
>>50080493
There's the Conceal Spell feat, which lets you try and hide the casting entirely.

And then there's the Stylized Spell Metamagic Feat which is a +1 metamagic which lets you raise the DC to identify it by 10. You also get to pick another spell for it to get ID'd as if they fail hard enough.
>>
>>50080534
That's it, thank you!
>>
> Be a Sorcerer with Animal Companion and Familiar
> Martial people called me cheating for rolling perception 3 times
>>
>>50080593
Those martials are idiots anyways.

You already succeed on the 1st try anyways if you were smart enough to get an Ioun Wyrd familiar since they have blindsight.

If you didn't get an Ioun Wyrd, I'll also call you a moron for not getting the best familiar.
>>
>>50080607
30ft blindsight != auto detection
>>
>>50080713
pretty great against anything trying to backstab your wizard while in rusty dagger shanktown until you're at a high enough level to get a shikigami or imp improved familiar.
>>
are there any races that get a bonus to bluff?
>>
>>50080787
kitsune and drow
>>
File: sad megumin.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
sad megumin.png
755KB, 767x720px
thread's kinda slow tonight.

Its almost like we left our souls in the last thread shitting all over incompetentDManon, doll fetish circlejerking and those lewd RP anons
>>
>>50080928
>Doll fetish
>Lewd RP anons

Man, sounds like I missed a party.
>>
File: 1471135528281.jpg (31KB, 334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1471135528281.jpg
31KB, 334x750px
>>50080950
To be fair, we were sexualising this particular doll and she is pretty cute.
>>
>>50079077

You can put the Throwing weapon enhancement on it, though it will only get a 10 ft ranged increment. It's that, picking up a melee weapon which already has a ranged increment, making a custom weapon with the custom weapon rules, or using the barb hurling archetype. You'd also probably want to look at two handed thrower. If you decide to go warpriest you could take the archetype that gives you weapon training so you qualify for picking up ricochet toss. Alternatively there's also the blinkback belt which some DMs will let you take as a harness, or combine it into another item as a harness if you need to, though it would only work with one handed weapons.

I've always wanted to try a barb with a blinkback belt and the hurling charge rage power. Put greater/lesser designating shot on one throwing one-handed weapon, quickdraw to your main weapon for the actual charge attack. That or a normal full attack starting from 10 ft with the thrown weapon then 5 ft stepping into the rest of your actual melee attacks.
>>
>>50079077
Fighters actually aren't bad at the Throwing gig.

Focused Weapon can jack up your base weapon dice, so you could do it with things like knives, and they have good static bonuses with things like Trained Throw.
>>
>>50081050
I thought they were sexualizing each other?
>>
>>50081120
This was before two faggots started ERPing once the thread was on autosage.
>>
File: sad plain doll.png (792KB, 900x833px) Image search: [Google]
sad plain doll.png
792KB, 900x833px
>>50081050
plain doll is not for sexualizing.
>>
>>50081141
Dont over exaggerate, there was no ERP going on.
>>
Has anyone ever used Urgathoa in a campaign? What effects should herald her coming and accompany her presence?
>>
I suppose the only way to fix the Haemonculi is to ask the question

What would you expect the abilities of a Haemonculi character to be, baseline before any class?
>>
>>50081498
Well that's the thing. A homunculus is just a small living creature, usually made by alchemy.

So literally anything.
>>
>>50081507
We're talking about an artificial alchemical human though

what would that be.
>>
>>50081498
I'd manage it something like grim grimoire's haemonculi.

Sort of like a golem but much more 'human' and intelligent. Endlessly curious about a lot of things, potentially aware of their own souls origin and how it makes them differ from others. Fascinated by sensation, but also almost sort of slow and incredibly naive.

http://grimgrimoire.wikia.com/wiki/Amoretta_Virgine

When they go bad they could be like Pinocchio or movie ultron. When they're good they're like Amoretta or Wisdom.
>>
>>50081498
>>50081519
So I guess based on that, average int, penalty to wisdom, bonus to charisma? Being artificially created their creators would probably aspire to make them 'perfect' (at least physically), but due to the strange nature of souls they'd be naive / otherwise low on wisdom.

Maybe a floating bonus to a physical attribute, paired with -2wis +2cha?

You'd have to do a bit more describing *your* version of the haemonculus though.
>>
>>50079691
no
>>
>>50081563
In my head i'm basically seeing Ennis from Baccano. She's stronk as fuck but doesn't really like.. Get people. At all. But she has crazy knowledge

Its the abilities i'm having a problem with.
>>
Tell us about your character for the lewd RotRL, /pfg/.

Mine's an Aberrant Aegis/Hekatonkheires Symbiat who just wants to live her life to the fullest before the Old Ones devour the world.

And she has tons of limbs for more hugs.
>>
>>50081752
the one that the fucking DM won't pick people for or is there another.
>>
>>50081752
wait i misread that

ignore me i suck cocks.
>>
>>50081719
"not getting people" is a function of wisdom, not charisma. It's naivety etc.

As far as abilities - what do you want them to *do*, what is their purpose in fluff?

Were the made to be soldiers? Were they made simply for the sake of it? For pleasure?

Amoretta from grim grimoire was made because a wizard managed to get ahold of the soul of an angel, and he wanted to create the perfect waifu for himself... and he did only to find that she was *hopelessly* innocent so he ended up treating her more like a daughter than anything. He's very cautious in how he lets her interact with the world. He (and she) are especially suspicious of Advocat true name: Mephistopheles a devil and teacher of sorcery, who can smell the angel on her and knows that she's very naive.

They could be quite good with magic for example; or they could have been made for doing things like exploring the 'underdark' and facilitating trade.
>>
>>50080151
Kama is a khopesh? Or do we have stats for that already?
>>
>>50080787
Half-orc with Overlooked Mastermind. They get +2 to bluff (+4 if the targets is humanoid or +6 if they are humanoid and you're feigning ignorance)
>>
4e is fun.
>>
>>50081943
cool
>>
File: 1449533962480.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1449533962480.png
129KB, 314x278px
Making a Kensai for fun - going with a dex build and kind of tempted to stack Bladebound on top of it - is there a way to get keen on the black blade or another way to increase the crit range?
>>
What are the most Boost and Ranged Friendly disciplines? Assuming I'm going to be using rays and not an actual weapon?

E.FLux is Obvious.
>>
>>50082130
Arcane Pool
>>
>>50080928
Everyone is asleep, anon! No worries!
>>
How viable is a grappler in pathfinder play?

Say i had Dreamscarred Press and core for play.

What would be the best option to make a grappler a viable build?
>>
>>50082627
Probably some combination of Tetori Monk and Aberrant Aegis with some Broken Blade maneuvers.
>>
>>50080928
Burned myself out last night trying to catch up for NaNoWriMo and woke up with a headache. Still massively behind where I should be. 470/4800 of the words I should have by now. Being paranoid of scene flow is suffering. I wish I had been motivated to read more.
>>
>>50082627
Anywhere from utterly useless to - if built JUST right - complete, utter and absolute devastation.

It's a big start towards the latter end if you grab fools errand, but even without it there's ways of getting one-turn autokill necksnaps that can't be avoided or defended against unless you're a better grappler.
>>
File: 1475421023169.jpg (65KB, 524x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475421023169.jpg
65KB, 524x800px
>>50081752

Mine's hardly lewd at all!

He's a Scarlet Throne Style ZweiSent prestiging into Landsknecht / Artisan who moved to Sandpoint to lead the quiet life away from the hustle and bustle of Magnimar! He will start the campaign wielding a sword cane, but as things grow dire he will realize it's necessary to break out the old Aldori Dueling Sword and paint with a different sort of brush, one more time!

I'm oscillating between him being Mivonese, Galtian or even Brevic.
>>
How would you guys build a dedicated vampire hunter? 1pp only.
>>
/pfg/ I recently found the Hunter Hybrid class and I really want to play the Feral hunter archetype. The only issue is I'm multiclassing onto a PoW Stalker and I'd rather not bother with spells from Hunter. Stances and forms are easy to keep track of, spells and Maneuvers less so.

What would be a fair trade in to my DM if possible?
A bonus feat every few levels? Just full BAB?

Or should I just man up and cast the damn spells?
>>
File: Catrider.jpg (286KB, 1427x978px) Image search: [Google]
Catrider.jpg
286KB, 1427x978px
>>50084128
I have a solution for you, Anon. Behold, the Warbeast Tamer, an initiating Hunter archetype!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N5I_R5QceisH-gUtmuwcN5Z34mnIT-Jr22T2ZqajdBo/edit

This is homebrew, but one of the PoW devs looked it over for me and approved of it (Keledrath, if anybody's curious) so you can probably get away with convincing your GM to roll with it.
>>
>>50084088
Inquisitor
>>
So I'm going full elf and making a Treesinger Druid, with our DM allowing Core, APG, UM, UC and ALL the bestiaries for Plant Shape. A bit megalomaniacal sort though: He kind of wants to become one with a forest or jungle someday and just become a constantly spreading genus loci ala Mordremoth from Guild Wars.

But enough of that fluff stuff. How best to play a Treesinger? The shift and fight kind of druid? A battlefield controller? Also which plant companion should help in that purpose or should I just pick Growth Domain?

I admit, Druid is one of the few classes in pathfinder I've never played so any advice in general for the class would be great. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>50081752
A bookworm that's lived all her life in Varisia and probably even just Sandpoint, making a living as a booklender and minor writer! Classwise she's a Living Grimoire | Tome Eater + Fighter, and racewise she'd either be a merfolk with Strong Tail to explain why she doesn't move much, or she'd be a Jiangshi-born Dhampir and probably the younger or older sister of Ameiko!
>>
>>50084189
>Bringing IRC shit out of the IRC
Bad, anon.
>>
>>50084297
Actually, it was over skype, in a completely unrelated situation. No IRC was involved in this particular deal.
>>
>>50084271

>Merfolk
>Younger or older sister of Ameiko

I knew Lonjiku was a horn dog but this is getting bananas!
>>
How do I create an armored, unarmed warrior?I want to wear medium or heavy armor and punch people to death, any race allowed, PoW is allowed, here's my (rolled) stats and we start at level 1
18 16 14 15 11 9
Any tips?
>>
>>50081752
A tiefling shut-in native to sandpoint that desperately wants to be more outgoing and proactive, just like the heroes and champions of good in the stories he used to read and hear about. He definitely doesn't dye his hair so he better fits his own mental image of a crusader of justice.

Classwise, depends on if a conversion of Kensai and/or Bladebound to spheres is a possibility. Incanter||Magus straight, even base feels fun. I SHOUKD go for PoW stuff, but I can't drum up anything with the classes that grabs me.
>>
>>50084333

>Implying a bookish mermaid isn't the cutest thing ever
>>
>>50084408
If PoW is allowed, I'd look at a Dervish Defender Warder with stats like those. Probably Dragon Style too.
>>
>>50084519
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's nothing like what I asked for.
>>
>>50084630
How is it not? You punch things, you can wear armor. That's an armored, unarmed warrior.
>>
>>50084690
>Gets literally nothing for unarmed
>Gets light armor only
It's not.
>>
>>50084630

Steelfist Commando with a dip into Armored Hulk might be fun? Not going to lie, I LOVE the mental image of an armored brawler, but it requires either a gestalt or dip to make it tasty.
>>
>>50084718
>gets TWF as a bonus feat
>get Thrashing Dragon, and either Riven Hourglass or Eternal Guardian
>gets int to AC with two weapons (unarmed)
>gets Aegis to as shield bonus while unarmed
If you want more just take IUS, GUS, and medium armor proficiency.

I suggested it because you presumably have shit mental stats other than INT, and Harbinger would require more work than Warder.

If you won't bother looking into the suggestions we can give you can fuck off with the "please spoonfeed me my character"
>>
For the purposes of bomb use compatibility and getting some early game advantage in the form of starting AC and skill boosts, just how much will I screw myself over in the longterm if I go dex polymath and sink my starting two feats into weapon finesse and deadly agility instead of just going str and taking the vivisectionist archetype?

Probably replacing solar wind for broken blade and using polymorph extracts for melee if it matters.
>>
>>50084408
Play a Cleric and don't use a weapon
>>
>>50080593
>be summoner with eidolon, familiar, animal companion, cohort, and constructs
>martials call foul when I roll perception 8 times
>>
>>50084781
I never said anything about TWF (which requires high DEX, which would be wasted with my heavy armor), my stats aren't assigned yet and I don't want to use both of my first level feats (assuming I choose human) to be a mediocre version of my idea.
If you can't bother not being retarded, fuck off.
>>50084742
I guess I'll try this, thanks man
>>50084892
No
>>
>>50082627
A Orc blooded Orc barbarian with an anti-magic field around him.
>>
>>50085042
Path of War has Prodigious TWF which lets your STR act as your Dex for TWF prereqs.
>>
>>50085084
And then he loses instantly to anything Large sized or better, because of bonuses.
>>
>>50085084
Why would i need to be an Orc blooded twice? Also how would he get AMF?
>>
>>50085153
Martial training to EX fill the gap. If he knows the enemy doesn't have freedom of movement he turns off the AMF and benefits from HUGE BONUSES. But a strength of 40 in a AMF and full BaB is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>50085042
>TWF (which requires high DEX
Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting makes it STR based.

If your stats aren't assigned I'd look at regular warlord on top of >>50084742 You'd keep the medium armor and the 1st level bonus feat, but lose IUS+GUS. It's honestly kind of a wash but I'd probably go Steelfist. I'd still recommend Dragon style if you aren't high dex.

Normally when people list stats llke:
>18 16 14 15 11 9
We tend to assume it's down the line as it's not high to low or something. Also TWF tends to go with Unarmed as it doesn't require both hands, so it's a "you might as well." If initiating is on the table then it matters much less, but still could be considered for certain disciplines.

You'd do well in life to not insult the people trying to help you, especially when they're doing it out of kindness.
>>
>>50085084
>A Orc blooded Orc barbarian
How does this work?

"Me so Orc me shit great axes!"
>>50085155
Orc as in the Race
Use Sorcerer VMC to get Orc Bloodline bonuses to STR.
>>
>>50085155
Orc for +4 str, Orc blooded for +6 str. It's all about Ex bonuses to strength.
>>
>>50085185
>How does this work?
I do like the idea of the orc's father coming to his son and saying:
>I'm sorry orc son, we've had the taint of a bloodline in our family for generations
>What orc father, demons? devils? undead?
>No orc son, we're tainted, with orcs!
>Oh.

But the orc bloodline is supposed to be "The Blood of Ancient Warlords".
>>
File: 1444583056450.png (564KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1444583056450.png
564KB, 500x738px
>>50081752
>The betentacled woman who yearns to live a life of laughter after a childhood of misery

>>50083385
>The old (but not quite bold) retired sellsword who wishes to give after a lifetime of take

>>50084271
>The mousy young woman whose boundless imagination is two sizes too big for this small backwater

>>50084449
>The outcast desperately chasing the manufactured image of heroism, unknowing he walks the very path he seeks
>>
>Use ultimate psionics and co.

How could an evil empire ruled by psionics look like?
>>
File: 1477997895868.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477997895868.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>50085179
>You'd do well in life to not insult the people trying to help you, especially when they're doing it out of kindness.
>
>Prodigious TWF
So not only would I need IUS and Medium Armor Proficiency, I'd need a third feat at first level (impossible unless I actually take my first level in another class or ask my GM if I can trade my traits for a feat), and it wouldn't even be the same thing as my concept?
How about no and fuck off.
>>
>>50081752
I'm looking for others to join me.

I'm a NE Insinuator Anti-Paladin/Bannerman Warlord making use of Tempest Gale for ranged gun combat and Mithral Current for melee. He takes on the ideal of the Transcendent Warlord with the whole "Mine is the Right to Rule". I wanted to do a multi-app for the other commanders for the classic conquest squad:
>cunning strategist
>laughing trickster
>loyal muscle
>>
>>50085244
>Me half-orc! Other half also Orc!
>>
>>50085339
Dude that would fit in a custom game with your friends. Not an Adventure Path.
>>
>>50084333
Well she wouldn't be a relative if she were a merfolk, she'd just be a family friend. The jiangshi-born, however, would be the bookish half-sibling of Tsuto, Ameiko, AND Amaya Kaijitsu!
>>
File: 1475551205122.jpg (41KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1475551205122.jpg
41KB, 337x404px
>>50085325
Then be a male human fighter and take IUS, GUS, Dragons Style tree, Power Attack. Wear heavy armor and suck a dick.

Maybe, just maybe your shitty ((flavorful)) combat style isn't something that easily works in this janky-ass game. You might have to compromise at level fucking one for this. Lord knows you aren't compromising on being an ass.
>>
>>50085339

It's a fun concept but not one that would work for Rise of the Runelords or Jade Regent! Those campaigns don't work well with the whole "mine is the right to rule" thing because you'd have to get Ameiko out of the picture!
>>
>>50085377
I know, it made more sense when it was Jade Regent.
>>
>>50085402
>Ameiko
Yes, exactly. The NE part is important here.
>>
>>50085042
Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting turns the TWF feats into being STR-based instead of DEX-based, and in addition the Dervish Defender gains the first feat in that chain for free even if you have crappy DEX; for an armored punchmaster, it's a pretty good option. Steelfist Commando is also great however, thanks to how good Gambits are.
>>
>>50085407

It *is* Jade Regent, anon-kun. The DM is doing Burnt Offerings, timeskip, and then begin the Brinewall Legacy.

>>50085420

That's pretty gosh darn evil, anon! You'd need to have the entire party onboard with turning Ameiko into your puppet, which will be an awful hard thing to do for a random-selection campaign.

>>50085385

Both of those concepts sound great, it's too damn rare to see a Merfolk or Dhampir in action.
>>
File: AsurasWrath2.png (2MB, 900x1521px) Image search: [Google]
AsurasWrath2.png
2MB, 900x1521px
>>50081752
Asurant Aegis?
>>
>>50085325
>Starting at level 1
Well there's your problem dude, you're pretty much fucked with any concept other than "is a wizard" at that level.

If you really are stuck starting like that, I'd probably start with a single level in the Unarmed Fighter archetype (which lets you keep your armor and gives you IUS and a Style Feat of your choice, which will probably be Dragon Style), and then spend the rest of your levels as either a Steelfist Commando (if you want CHA) or a Dervish Defender (if you want INT). Avoid the monk-trap like the plague.
>>
>>50085325
Dervish Defender wouldn't need Prodigious TWF at first as it gets TWF at first as a bonus.

There's also Mithral Kikko armor once you can afford it. Medium armor, 0 acp so no penalties if not profficient.
>>
>>50080151
Kama = sickle?
>>
File: 1475023798572.jpg (143KB, 1037x1724px) Image search: [Google]
1475023798572.jpg
143KB, 1037x1724px
>>50081752
>>50084271

So i've got an idea for an Oni spawn Sacred Fist Warpriest with a two level dip in Sacred mountain/MoMS monk. (Wisdom to AC features from both classes stack.)

A boisterous hard drinking, hard fighting young lady who, contrary to her prodigious size and musculature, is an absolute wuss when it comes to romance.

[/spoiler]Who i'd also absolutely love to have as Ameiko's younger sibling because i have a fetish for dramatic irony. That and large women.
>>
File: TWFDancer.jpg (2MB, 1222x1984px) Image search: [Google]
TWFDancer.jpg
2MB, 1222x1984px
QUESTION: Someone wants to play an Unchained Rogue, but is using the feat tax rules that mean everyone gets weapon finesse with finesse weapons by default. If you're the GM, what do you tell the player? Do you let them get a bonus feat at first level, but leave the rest of the finesse training URogue features? Let him start at 1st level with an instance of finesse training?
>>
>>50085451
Killing her is not the first goal by any means, power is.
>>
File: 1457629995288.png (96KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
1457629995288.png
96KB, 519x370px
Friendly reminder to those applying for that Rise of the Jade Regent campaign to devote skill points to things you might not think are important, like Ride or Perform or Acrobatics.

You'll thank me later.
>>
>>50085553
You are still an evil meanie that has no place in the campaign unless everybody is on board and that's obviously not the case.

>>50085504
It's like you're reading my mind.
>>
File: DannyPhantomTitleCard.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DannyPhantomTitleCard.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
Is the Ectoplasm bloodline for sorcerers any good? It's one of the few I'm looking at that I doesn't seem boring to me fluff-wise.
>>
File: 1378331328584.png (93KB, 312x252px) Image search: [Google]
1378331328584.png
93KB, 312x252px
>>50085504
>is an absolute wuss when it comes to romance.

>mfw that picture
>mfw she accidentally smothers a suitor with her cleavage
>>
>>50081752
Human Incanter/Sorcerer/Elemantalist||Aegis

His spheres shit is refluffed Psionics.

Orphaned by a Church fire years ago, around the time his powers started manifesting. Is convinced that he's responsible for it. Works as a book keeper/teacher at Turandarok and minor goblin exterminator when the time calls for it. Often uses fiction and history to try to escape the doldrums of his shitty life when he isn't working on perfecting his own powers or caring for younger orphans. He personally dreams of becoming a powerful Psionicist and proving that the mind can over come all.
>>
>>50085589
>Acrobatics, Perform, and Ride not important
>on a caravan of gypsies

Fuck, even if this WASN'T semi-lewd those three skills would be more important than usual just by virtue of being Jade Regent.
>>
>>50085548
The level 3 dex-to-damage ability makes the class feature worthwhile even without the free feat, but if you were feeling generous you could give them Weapon Focus (light blades) in place of Weapon Finesse.
>>
File: 1447255836858.jpg (6KB, 133x226px) Image search: [Google]
1447255836858.jpg
6KB, 133x226px
>>50085639

Oh you have no idea sister, there's a gauntlet of bullshit in the second half of the story that requires some hefty skill checks to succeed and get a really, really *really* cool reward.
>>
>>50085634
>>
File: 1475010772207.png (1MB, 1600x1974px) Image search: [Google]
1475010772207.png
1MB, 1600x1974px
>>50085634

She sadly(?) has a bad case of Melina maw.
>>
>>50085589
>Friendly reminder to those applying for that Rise of the Jade Regent campaign to devote skill points to things you might not think are important, like Ride or Perform or Acrobatics.

Maybe I should go back to my Sphere Magus||Hidden Blade URogue concept after all, instead of trying to gun for Incanter on one side. I really don't need five million sphere talents anyway.
How do you feel about Legendary Rogue, senpai?
>>
>>50085668
>and get a really, really *really* cool reward.

How cool are we talking, senpai?
>>
File: 1416015461340.jpg (539KB, 741x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1416015461340.jpg
539KB, 741x1000px
Alright /pfg/, I need some infromation.
What playable races have Fey like origins or ancestry, or are otherwise strongly associated with the Fey? I know Gnomes and Svirfnablin are, but there has to be more than that.
>>
>>50085504
>>50084271
>Ameiko has two younger half-sisters
>Both look only vaguely like her and have completely different abilities and stats
>The entire caravan turns into members of the Kaijitsu Family going to a family reunion in Minkai with the rest of the party being their hapless friends and allies

This shit's getting too nuts, man.
>>
>>50085811

Don't blame Ameiko, blame Lonjiku for sticking his dick anywhere other than his Japanese hate ghost of a wife.
>>
>>50085791
>What playable races have Fey like origins or ancestry, or are otherwise strongly associated with the Fey? I know Gnomes and Svirfnablin are, but there has to be more than that.

Kitsune, maybe?

>>50085748

The rewards are mostly flavor items, however there is a secret item you can get from the gift giver if you agree to marry him.
>>
>>50085811
>>50085849

Technically the oni-spawn could be a full sister, just add in some things about jonjiku's nads getting zapped by a whole buncha evil at some point.
>>
File: PZO 9251 Ghoran Small.png (426KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO 9251 Ghoran Small.png
426KB, 664x1000px
>>50085791
There's Ghoran who can be easily flavored up to be Fey or Primordial, however you want to take a bunch of sentient plant creatures.
>>
>>50085892
>just add in some things about jonjiku's nads getting zapped by a whole buncha evil at some point.

This is actually extremely canonical in-universe if you realize just who the Kaijitsus are.
>>
Is there any way for a Daring Champion Cavalier 1/Unchained Summoner 4 to wield a Nodachi one handed without taking a dip in another class?
>>
>>50085939
Are you willing to be Strength-Based? Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting lets you use a weapon as one step lighter (minimum of Light) if you've got at least 13 STR and a feat to spare.
>>
File: mileena-mkx-concept-artwork2.png (289KB, 1023x1177px) Image search: [Google]
mileena-mkx-concept-artwork2.png
289KB, 1023x1177px
>>50085699
>>50085504

Stop, my dick can only get so hard.
>>
>>50086018

Man, who wouldn't a tarkatan?
>>
>>50085934
>>50085892
>Reread the information on that particular variety of dhampir
>"usually the result of a cursed or possessed father rather than an actual Jiang-Shi"
Welp, Lonjiku just can't catch a break can he?
>>
>>50086098

The wolves are at ole Lonjiku's door!
>>
>>50086098
>cursed by oni
>cursed by vampires
>cucked by elves
>>
>>50086098
>>50086121
>>50086133

Jesus how did Ameiko, and Amaya turn out so normal!?
>>
>>50086157

Amaya was born and raised in Cheliax, and Ameiko didn't grow up normal, she joined an adventuring group at 16 and came home long enough to set up the Rusty Dragon and *never* visit her father.

Heck, Lonjiku wasn't the problem in Ameiko's life, Tsuto was.
>>
>>50085975
I was hoping to a go Dex based route, but I guess I'll have to settle for a Katana and Slashing Grace.
>>
>>50081752
>implying I'm going to join

There are many things I can do but this is not one of them.
>>
>>50086180

I keep reading Tsuto as Tesuo, and because of this i kinda want to name the Oni-spawn Kaneda.
>>
>>50086214

Considering how edgy that asshole is, he might as well be named Tetsuo.
>>
>>50086157
I grow interested in Amiekos sisters. Anyone mind posting pucs?
>>
File: Amaya Kaijitsu.jpg (103KB, 594x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Amaya Kaijitsu.jpg
103KB, 594x1000px
>>50086280

This is Amaya Kaijitsu! She's Ameiko's baby sister and half-Tien half-Chelish!

She's very, very awkward!
>>
>>50086249
He's not so edgy after a casting of charm person and some sweet talking from an elf.
>>
File: 1377175468555.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1377175468555.png
3KB, 184x172px
Okay, so about those quick n' dirty chargen rules for the RotRL campaign; is it two traits and a campaign trait, or two traits and one of them has to be the campaign trait?
>>
>>50086402

Me to, i only just heard about this and i'm already incredibly invested.
>>
>>50084408
Brawler Fighter?

They can punch dudes super hard and keep heavy armor. They're also extremely unpleasant to be next to in combat and have tools to keep people there.
>>
>>50086299
She honestly looks pretty cute.
>>
>>50086742

If there's one thing Lonjiku had, it was solid genes; Ameiko is described as beautiful, and so is Amaya.
>>
Wait can someone explain Comprehensive education to me?

Like if I take it, and I get a level in a class that gets all knowledge skills to I get an additional +1 to every knowledge skill, or a +1 to every skill?
>>
Does anyone here love The Background Skills optional rule? Because i do.
>>
>>50086756
Well no shit, they're protagonist so to speak.

When has there ever been an NPC described as being ugly that we were supposed to sympathize with?
>>
>>50086817
I do. I have a massive hard on for skills so 2 more skill points a level is peachy.
>>
>>50086817

It's such a solid system that I can't imagine when a DM wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>50086820
>When has there ever been an NPC described as being ugly that we were supposed to sympathize with?

Anevia and Irabeth aren't particularly attractive, and I'm like 87% sure there's a male NPC in Reign of Winter Book 2 that's kinda scruffy we're supposed to feel for.
>>
>>50086820
>When has there ever been an NPC described as being ugly that we were supposed to sympathize with?
Do non-tabletop characters count?
>>
i need help making a level 5 half giant psionic warrior no 3pp is allowed except psionics
>>
File: Oni_4f0848_5725288.jpg (127KB, 721x995px) Image search: [Google]
Oni_4f0848_5725288.jpg
127KB, 721x995px
>>50085504
>>50085699

Assuming 20 point buy, Dis is what i got.

Lvl 1 Sacred Fist of Irori
Str 16
Dex 15
Con 14
Int 10
Wiz 17
Cha 5

Blessings
Healing
Strength

Feats
Pummeling Style

Skills:
Acrobatics, Spellcraft, Profession (Cooking)

Traits:
Magical Knack
Younger Sibling (Ameiko)

----- Cheese if allowed---

Teifling extra abilities (Blood of fiends)
+2 wisdom

Drawback (Hedonistic) + Trait: Wisdom of Flesh (Acrobatics)

Background skills
Profession (Cooking)
Knowledge (History)
>>
>>50087161
Muh waifu.
>>
>>50087161
It's 25 points and gestalt, actually!
>>
File: fb_960876.png.jpg (14KB, 460x241px) Image search: [Google]
fb_960876.png.jpg
14KB, 460x241px
>>50087308

I'll be needing to do a few reworks then.
>>
>>50087308
where is the application for this madness
>>
Pfg, I'd like you to theorycraft the most disgusting gestalt anti-caster you can. DSP allowed. Assume perfect stats.
>>
>>50087388
Arcane bloodrager + whatever you want

we did it senpai
>>
>>50087388
exposed vigilante for magic killer on one side for sure
>>
File: 1421997295721.jpg (177KB, 782x950px) Image search: [Google]
1421997295721.jpg
177KB, 782x950px
Anyone hav screencaps from Inner Sea Races? specifically one with a race that has a decent Psychology section. I need some inspiration for homebrew race formatting.
>>
>>50087388
Pageant peacock stealth build
>>
>>50087388
>DSP allowed
A Warder using extended defense for Skill replacing Save counters, minmax those skills (they'll be better than the saves), the other half being a gunsmoke mystic.

He shoots the enemy to death using revolvers, the caster then dies because he can't force the guy to fail a save.

>but muh no save spells
Ok, if we're bringing in Wish Geas or Mindscape into this then everyone loses.
>>
>>50087460
It's in the trove, just go there.
>>
>>50087489
I don't like using Mega or that kind of stuff. I know Paizo doesn't deserve my money, but its kind of a principal thing for me.
>>
>>50087500
>I want someone else to do the work for me
>>
>>50087349
>where is the application for this madness

The join link is a couple threads back, lemme see if I can't find it.
>>
Is it so wrong I want to play a wizard?

I'm always stuck playing martials, the most caster character I've been able to play for more than one session in fucking years was a ranger. I just want to play a damn wizard.
>>
>>50087500
thats..

thats retarded senpai
>>
>>50087413
Oh tasty

>>50087424
Is exposed an archetype for Vigilante?

>>50087462
As in the bard masterpiece? For what purpose?

>>50087486
When you gestalt Initiators, do you keep maneuver lists separate?
>>
>>50087520
Well fuck you to then.
I'll just go through my old pdfs of Races of X from 3.5 for inspiration then.
>>
>>50087558
Your principals are bullshit and you should get over it.
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>50087161

>Profession (Cooking)

I think we know what job she's getting on the caravan.
>>
>>50087545
Are you me?
>>
>>50087567
Especially if your principles require other people to break your principles to uphold them for your convenience.
>>
File: 1428190838083.png (324KB, 626x686px) Image search: [Google]
1428190838083.png
324KB, 626x686px
>>50087534
>>50087349

I found it, senpai!

https://app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ
>>
>>50087500
>I refuse to use PDFs, but I'm perfectly fine with someone else posting screencaps from them

You're either kind of stupid or incredibly lazy.
>>
>>50087554
Exposed Vigilante (Vigilante Archetype)
While some hide behind the guise of another identity, exposed vigilante have tossed aside such cowardly tactics, instead standing proud with no fear of being unmasked.
They are the warriors who know no fear, instead marching forward to stand against their foes with their own face.
Lone Identity (Ex) Rather than focusing on maintaining a second identity, an exposed vigilante instead prefers to focus on their skills. The vigilante gains 1 additional skill point for each vigilante level they possess as well as an additional social talent at 1st level.
This ability replaces dual identity and seamless guise.
Social Talents (Ex) An exposed vigilante cannot gain the following social talents: case the joint, everyman, feign innocence, immediate change, many guises, quick change, or any other that would rely on them possessing more than 1 identity, although they are always treated as though they were in their social identity for the effects of social talents.
look up the legendary vigilante pdf
has lots of nice things in it
>>
File: tink.gif (993KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
tink.gif
993KB, 500x393px
So one of the campaigns I'm playing in just lost 3/5 PCs, mine included, and I' making a new character.
I would like to try playing a custom class, based loosely on a pixie but without the invisibility crap and pure class levels.
Everyone playing is close friends with each other, and our GM allows pretty much everything, but I don't want to create anything that's too under- or overpowered.

Current setup: (15 RP total)
Fey (2)
Size: Tiny (4)
Speed: Slow (-1)
Race Language: Sylvan
Mixed Weakness: (-2)
+2 Int
-2 Wis
+2 Dex
-4 Str
Flight, 60, good (10)
Skill Training, Acrobatics & Fly (1)
Object of Desire (1)

Does this sound okay? Are there any situations where this is broken?
I know I'm stacking Dex and dumping Str like crazy, but that fits my vision of a pixie.
Also, what is your experience with playing Tiny races?
>>
File: LVV.jpg (136KB, 689x900px) Image search: [Google]
LVV.jpg
136KB, 689x900px
>>50087554
Yep, it's from Legendary Vigilantes which I wrote, I think Magic Killer ended up in Legendary Villains: Vigilante, which was named after a wrestling move.
>>
>>50087656
Is it not in the trove yet?
>Other 3pp >Legendary Games > Legendary Antipaladins/Dark Druids
>>
>>50087774
>Hey, dev, just give me free stuff, please.
>>
>last thread
>someone triest to compare kinestist vs. bow fighter on straight damage.
Jesus christ why?

They aren't equal because of damage, they are equal because the kinestist has fly, an entangle/stagger on every hit, and a 1000ft teleport at will.
>>
File: FEJoshua.png (658KB, 827x1165px) Image search: [Google]
FEJoshua.png
658KB, 827x1165px
>trying to go for an excellent, well-rounded optimal build keeps causing frustration
>keep coming back to the Sphere Magus||(Phantom Thief/Hidden Blade) URogue build I was toying around with
>It's not optimal, it's not very good, and it required a ton of drawbacks that locked me out of better things
>but fuck if it doesn't look fun enough to do anyway

Who needs sneak attack when you can just spellstrike+destructive blast someone?
Skilled Casting (Perform: Dance) and Agile Dancer for maximum meme magic.
>>
>>50087857
>>trying to go for an excellent, well-rounded optimal build keeps causing frustration
inquisitor 2 (conversion inquisition) zen archer x
>>
File: 1426811795598.gif (2MB, 680x366px) Image search: [Google]
1426811795598.gif
2MB, 680x366px
>Mechanical Genius (Ex): The artisan is not only an expert at creating magical items, but mundane ones as well. The artisan gains a bonus equal to his class level whenever he makes a craft check to create a non- magical item, even if that check is made untrained.

Is there ever a reason *not* to take this Craftsman Technique?

Also do you lads think I should take Unorthodox Technique into Elemental Flux to turn this swordsman into Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower?
>>
>>50087568
Why do you think the Rusty Dragon won all those cooking contests? With ameiko's culinary skills?
>>
>>50087797
>Hey, dev, I'm poor as shit but want to actually experience your content, and if it's good content, then it gets told to people that it's good and overall gets more sales
>>
>>50087857

>That spoiler

The meme magic is real, I'm going Agile Dancer too! We'll be the best dancers in Minkai!
>>
>>50087568
The cook?

Why does this warrant a cute smug blushing Japanese cartoon girl?
>>
>>50087934
That's what playtests and SRDs are for.
>>
>>50087971
>Why does this warrant a cute smug blushing Japanese cartoon girl?

Because where we're going, everyone's going to be a cute smug blushing Not!Japanese cartoon girl.
>>
>>50087996
But what does profession:cook have to do with that?
>>
>>50087846
See, arguments like that can at least be respected; a fighter can't fly without the help of items or a spellcaster, and it's hard to reliably apply statuses like stagger or sickened as a martial. I still think the Fighter is more competent, but in-regards to "who can be useful to a campaign more" they're about even.
>>
File: 1478053190084.jpg (25KB, 491x523px) Image search: [Google]
1478053190084.jpg
25KB, 491x523px
>>50087996
Speak for yourself.
>>
File: 1443147358759.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443147358759.png
168KB, 400x400px
>>50088017

S-Stop asking questions I can't answer.
>>
>>50088023
A fighter can cut spells in half though.
>>
>>50087857
See that's the beauty of gestalt and high point-buy, anon. You don't HAVE to be optimal, you just have to have fun with what you're making; having two different classes effectively removes any flaws one side or the other might have had. Hell, a Kineticist is actually a GOOD OPTION in a gestalt for the same reasons that Monk is (they both have plenty of passive buffs that are costly or too specific for magic-users to spend casting on).
>>
>>50087996
I everyone seriously going to be a Kaijitsu or something? I feel like a very important plotpoint of Jade Regent would be fucked-up completely if that were the case.
>>
File: Knight-concept-art.jpg (174KB, 722x950px) Image search: [Google]
Knight-concept-art.jpg
174KB, 722x950px
>>50088073
>I everyone seriously going to be a Kaijitsu or something?

Nah, I'm going as an outsider who gets tangled up in that mess.
>>
>>50088023
Eh...I would disagree a bit. I think that "the caster doesn't need to spend the first two rounds making sure that I can see the invisible thing/get line of sight/be in range/not be grappled/etc. is a huge advantage that most people don't really account for. If you can honestly say to the cleric "no man, don't worry about me, just keep that badly built swashbuckler alive so we can all have fun" then you are more credit to team than if you can do 15% more damge under ideal circumstances.

>>50088042
not when built for archery
>>
>>50088138
Ehh, most parties have at least some form of default buff up on everyone, whether it's See Invisibility or Mirror Image or something. But saving a spell-slot is more important than saving a round, so it's still not too bad.
>>
>>50088073
Who wouldn't want to be part of the Kaijitsu Force. I mean have you seen the POSES!?
>>
>>50088196

>Adverturing party comprised almost entirely of this one dude's daughters
>Some aren't even human, but they're all his, whether they know it or not
>They find that they tend to get along and think alike for some odd reason
>Come up with super tactical team combination strategies (including poses)

Wasn't there a quest about this somewhere?
>>
>>50087857
>trying to make blasting spherecaster
>Energy Focus:Searing Blast, Elemental nimbus, Multiclassing and talents put me up to like +3 Damage per Dice.
>2d10+6+4+1+1 Fire Damage with a ranged touch attack
>4d10+12+4+1+1 Damage With a Spell Point or a full round action
>Still have 2 magic talents and a bonus feat to pick and no clue what to do.
I also need to find a way to deal with my soon to be crappy to hit, even if I am hitting touch.
>>
>>50087936
My only real concern is how taking 10 works in relation to the skilled casting spheres drawback, or if that's even something you can do normally.

If I can have my way, he'd have been taught how to dance, fight, and use magic by a weird sword he found while still a shut-in. Gonna spill spaghetti the second someone wants to do any dance that doesn't involve swords and/or magic.

>>50088062
Very true, and that was the reasoning behind the very gimmicky combination noted. So many skills per level holy fuck.
>>
>>50088271
Grab Warp or Telekinesis, you can't go wrong with more mobility.
>>
>>50088259
I don't know about a quest, but I think Gareth wrote a short story that included something like that.
>>
>>50088309
I'm already going to be using Veiled Moon stuff with Aegis and Initiator Soul. So I think i should be good on mobility stuff. Because Veiled Moon and Aegis.
>>
>tfw no campaign
>>
>>50088485
tfw campaign died tonight
>>
>>50086402
2 traits, campaign trait optional.
>>
How do you get your players to go after a villain, aside from making them hated? I was going to have the BBEG steal some doomsday weapon and have the PCs arrive in time for the Village Elder to ask them to retrieve it, or something. But I'm afraid of them just saying "Nah, fuck it", and want some extra hooks/techniques I can exploit.
>>
>>50088485

tfw starting campaign next week and I'm over my head and the adventure might suck
>>
>>50088660

Give the guy a weapon/artifact/waifu that the players will want to steal, and they'll absolutely devote themselves to destroying him.
>>
>>50088716
I like that idea. I was already going to introduce him as a friendly/tutorial NPC at the beginning (the players learn what he did when they come to the next town, that he just left) so I could even introduce the artefact to them a bit to get this ball rolling.
>>
>>50088650

DM-sama, are there any character concepts that give you a special feeling, or make your heart go doki doki?
>>
>>50088613

But why?
>>
>>50088891
It's been going pretty slow these past weeks. One dude not even answering when we message him, other keep being busy with work and another one being stuck with school. We had a session scheduled for tonight, dude who never answers even said he'd come. Was feeling pretty good, but when the session started it was just me, gm and another dude who showed up. We talked a bit and the campaign that has been going for almost 2 years now died
>>
File: 3IQ.jpg (87KB, 386x335px) Image search: [Google]
3IQ.jpg
87KB, 386x335px
>>50087846
See, while your spoilered bits do help, if it's the argument I THINK you're talking about, the anon claiming the kineticist was better was in fact purely talking DPR.

This led to some serious lolwut.
>>
>>50089090
Yea. I stop buildposting for like a month and then someone has to go and be stupid again.

Fighters are the king of DPR really. It's just that most things you want to apply DPR to have an incentive to not stick around and make it easy for you.
>>
>>50088062
Gambler Kineticist // Wilder can make for some impressive destruction

Combining Aegis and Forgelord on one side with a Warsoul or the such on the other gives a high-powered and extremely versatile character,even without a single spell or power (if not gifted-soul progression, and honestly warsouls don't really need it unlike the original archetypes).

Rubato makes an impressive side of an initiator gestalt,
>>
So I just downloaded Strange Magic from the trove and binged the whole thing. I have two questions:

Why is everything in it so complicated?

And why do I want to build a character for almost every class in it?
>>
File: PixieSMT.jpg (378KB, 1780x2504px) Image search: [Google]
PixieSMT.jpg
378KB, 1780x2504px
>>50087647
anyone?
>>
>>50088023
>>50087846
>a fighter can't fly without the help of items or a spellcaster
Yes he can.

>it's hard to reliably apply statuses like stagger or sickened as a martial
dirty trick is the best combat maneuver if invested in

>1000ft teleport at will
I'll admit a fighter requires a feat to do this, and only gets to do this a few times a day.
>>
>>50088062
None of this is true.

Choose play class or playstyle that doesn't synergize well. Enjoy eating shit compared to everyone else.
>>
File: Ashardalon.jpg (34KB, 568x390px) Image search: [Google]
Ashardalon.jpg
34KB, 568x390px
>>50088660
Tie the villain, or his organization, to the PC's backstories.

Make the villain diametrically opposed to everything they stand for.

Make the villain's horde rich enough that the adventure pays for itself several times over.
>>
Should I bother with Swim Speed on Aegis if I can breath underwater?
>>
>>50089328

Do you want to swim, or walk awkwardly underwater?
>>
>GMs often change their style to appease players, even if it is not a style they enjoy or for actual friends and not randoms
I don't understand this. I'm not there to jack off random people. I'm there to enjoy myself, I'd much sooner drop the player and find one who does enjoy my game than change my game.
>>
>>50089328
Having swim speed effectively doubles your movement speed while in water. So I'd say it's worthwhile if you actually expect to spend significant amount of time in aquatic environment.
>>
>>50089378
That's why it's only for actual friends and not randoms.
Because compromising to get along with people you like is a basic tenet of human interaction.

>>50089328
There are better things to spend on. The only time you'd be fucked over by breathing underwater and not having a swim speed is something like a whirlpool or storm that will slam you into underwater rocks.
>>
>>50089378
Well I don't know about you, but I'm not playing with randoms, I'm playing with friends.
>>
File: 6isStHP.jpg (120KB, 620x537px) Image search: [Google]
6isStHP.jpg
120KB, 620x537px
>>50087647
>>50089275

Well, being able to fly at will opens a few narrative roads that most PCs don't get for a little while, but that aside, it doesn't seem too bad.

Here's hoping you have better luck with this one.
>>
>>50089295
I didn't say to not be useful, I said you didn't have to be optimal. Gestalt lets you play a healer that is actually worth a damn and isn't stuck being a Lawful Good Oradin, for example.
>>
>>50089416
>Because compromising to get along with people you like is a basic tenet of human interaction.
Why should I compromise to please people I don't know?

For friends I understand, but for randoms there are always more players, they are in abundance.
>>
>>50089416
>There are better things to spend on
Like what?
>>
>>50081752
Evasion and Stalwart are must-haves.
Harness shard is incredible, just buy a +10 shard of a skill you want and spend pp to use it over and over when you need to be super good at a skill.

Power Stone Repository+Harness Power Stone are a strong option for having a good level 1 power known.

And that's not even getting into the 2-point costs.
In all the time I've played aegis I've never had swim speed be something I found useful enough to keep as a permanent fixture.
>>
>>50089559
Whoops I meant to reply to >>50089461
>>
>>50089559
I have 5 points(Level 3)
Initiators Soul(2 points)
Stalwart(1 point)
I get evasion from my Suit

A lot of the 2 point stuff isn't useful to me because I'm ranged or simply not high enough in level.
>>
>>50088660
There are many ways but if a doomsday weapon is involved, make it a functional device rather than "the ephemeral plot thing that ends the campaign". I guarantee the slightest hint off
>I might be able to turn this into a massive beam cannon
Will have some player types leaping at the occasion heedless of the risks.

Alternatively, every player has some hairtriggers (oh, 'trigger', your word used to mean something explosive before those trigglypuffs got to you) that'll really put them on the warpath.

Like, one guy in my group gets forced to act severely against his character's ideals/beliefs (say, forced to help with an invasion by an enemy country by holding things he liked at gunpoint)? That led to ... "ethnic cleansing", as he went after the entire family tree of those who forced that on him, with entire podunk hut-towns burnt down (flamethrowers) to be sure he wouldn't miss any bloodline "and they're probably all cousins anyways".
>>
>>50089416
although it's one fucking point, and you can reconfigure out or into it when you're actually around water or not.

swim ain't a terrible choice, or at least one to keep in mind or close at hand for augmentation.
>>
>>50089619
Flight. You're ranged, flight is yes.

Aegis doesn't naturally get accuracy boosters like other martials; no weapon training or favored weapon or the like. But it can make things count as much bigger. So it's actually REALLY good with certain ranged weapons like firearms, who will hit reliably and get a massive boost from some size-ups.
>>
>>50089619
Get Power Stone Repository and Harness Power Stone, spend 25gp on a power stone of Inevitable Strike, Ectoplasmic Sheen, or Entangling Ectoplasm.

There, now for 1pp you can either get +5 on your next attack roll as a swift action, or have some standard action battlefield control utility.

25gp isn't even a price to blink at once you decide to change to something else.
>>
>>50089619
Flight or the second Dex +2 upgrade.
>>
>>50089662
The thing is my "ranged weapon" isn't really a weapon. It's a blast that doesn't really benefit from a size increase.
>>
>>50089662
>>50089688
>Didn't read 'level 3'

Guys come on.

>>50089692
What blast are you using? Please tell me it's not the ranged weapon customisation.
>>
>>50089433
Thanks!

We're level 8 at the moment and used to have two witches with the fly hex, so that's something that we're pretty used to.
>>
>>50089688
>flight
>level 3
I also need to be level 5 to take the Second Dex one because I get Nimble for free.
>Inevitable Strike
I rely on boosts like a motherfucker(hence swifts), I'm not sure if it could work. At level 3. Sure.
>>50089727
Spheres Destructive Blast.
>>
>>50089769
I read 5th level, but you said 5 points. my bad

Con bonus is kinda always nice. Darkvision if you don't have it could be useful.

The harness shard thing is probably one of your best bets. A standard action and pp for a +10 to a skill is great.
>>
>>50089769
Ectoplasmic Sheen is a decent option.
Making things slippery is also good out of battle utility.

Control Object or Ectoplasmic Creation are fantastic utility powers only for 1pp, too. Only downside is that they don't scale past ML1, but still useful.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/c/control-object
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/ectoplasmic-creation
>>
File: MonkDad.gif (2MB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
MonkDad.gif
2MB, 250x200px
MonkDad is best PC.
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown of CR and encounters?

I have three level 3 PCs, meaning a level 3 party. To get a CR 3 encounter, do they face off against a CR 1 and a CR 2 enemy, or three CR 3 enemies?
>>
>>50089839
Drunken Munkle is pretty alright PC too.
>>
>>50089844
Read the Game Mastering section on encounter design. Ignore the party about increasing CR for multiple enemies.

There ya go.
>>
File: Sachiko.jpg (53KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
Sachiko.jpg
53KB, 480x272px
You know, for the next game I run, I think I'm going to make the stat generation just...whatever the players want. Any number, 8 to 18 pre racials, no restraints, just to see what my players will do.
>>
>>50089935
So, all 18s in all stats before racials.
>>
File: Goblin Slayer - 001-030.png (372KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Slayer - 001-030.png
372KB, 900x1350px
>>50089839
Let's hope the student daughter ends up better than the last one.
>>
>>50089935
>Venerable man
>4 str
>12 dex
>12 con
>21 int
>10 wis
>8 cha
I like Wizards.
>>
>>50089962

W-Wait, that's the monk girl that gets gang-raped by the goblins and turned into a mind-broken priestess, right?
>>
>>50089946
If they wanna do it, sure? Most people max their most important stats anyways, so this only helps out tertiary abilities, maybe a buff in a weak save or better social skills. Really, I don't see it making a huge difference overall, and I'm curious as to if my players would even do that.
>>
File: 1019u401.gif (980KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1019u401.gif
980KB, 400x300px
>>50089852

Not crazy occultist uncle?
>>
>>50089979
>We see a competent core monk
>>
>>50089866
Would 7 creatures be too much for a level 1 party? (3 1/3rd fire beetles, 2 1/2 centipedes, 2 /12 coconut crabs)

I'm trying to help someone learn the game and I have a person running two PCs for a one shot to show him how things work. Trying to design a CR1, CR3~4, and a CR6 encounter.
>>
File: Goblin Slayer - 001-031.png (834KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Slayer - 001-031.png
834KB, 900x1350px
>>50089978
Yes
>>
>>50089992
That's some recursive uncling there.

Jade is normal girl. Jackie is martial artist uncle. Great uncle chen (jackies uncle) is crazy occultist.
>>
File: 1429922092866.png (495KB, 947x887px) Image search: [Google]
1429922092866.png
495KB, 947x887px
What are some of the more useful Crafter's Arts, /pfg/?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/drop-dead-studios/the-artisan#TOC-Crafter-s-Art-Ex-
>>
>>50090021
Basically what you need to understand is the more actions you have the better. This is why single enemy encounters suffer and hoards of enemies excel (only to an extent because AoE exists).

I would say 7 creatures against 5 PCs is fine.
>>
>>50089935
What I'd personally do if that was offered to me, since I always play dex characters or casters:
10 STR
18 DEX
16 CON

Then 18 in main mental stat, then 14 in the others.
If it's an ERP and my main mental stat isn't CHA then I'd put 18 in CHA too.
Maybe would politely ask if I could count as having 18 INT for skill ranks/level without actually having 18 INT, if I'm not INT main.
>>
>>50090100
I'm only going to have 3 PCs. Will 6 be too much, considering that they will likely one-shot the Fire Beetles and Centipedes, only having a hard time with crabs because of the high AC?
>>
>reading the Planes of Power PDF
>remember a character concept I once had - Ifrit Wishcrafter Sorceress trying to grant enough wishes to become a full Efreeti without having any real idea what that would actually mean or how granting wishes would help

It's basically the dumbest thing I've ever done but there's so much delicious potential for this to go horribly wrong for her that I don't really mind.
>>
So, does anyone know some good games that are recruiting?
>>
>>50090125

>Implying an akward 8 charisma loser with an amazing figure isn't the best shit to play in an ERP

cum on step it uppp
>>
>>50090172

Rise of the Jade Regent is recruiting RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>50090188
I thought it was waiting until next year?
>>
>>50090176
How would you get an amazing figure with only 8 CHA? Would your STR and CON have to be 16 each or something, to be THICC?
>>
>>50090202

RECRUITING
RIGHT
NOW
>>
>>50090176
Joke's on you, I've literally done that before (except 9 cha).

I'd use the 18 CHA to represent a strange undeniable allure that the PC themself isn't aware of. Just to kind of say 'mechanically, it's there'.
I know, I know, CHA isn't physical looks
>>
>>50090210
>How would you get an amazing figure with only 8 CHA?

Low charisma just means you don't wear flattering clothes or have a very weak and forgettable personality.

Strength, Constitution and Dexterity are the things that play into what your figure looks like, and as you said a high Con and Str would result in THICC.
>>
>>50090188
And won't start untill few weeks (months?) later. Wrath of the Righteous is recruting but the GM STILL didn't chose players.
>>
>>50090213
not really
>>
>>50090235
I applied to that, but kind of want to change my character now. I still have the same character concept but want to change from cleric to summoner.

Also I hate spheres, but he said you don't get chosen unless you do spheres or PoW.
>>
>>50090238

YES IT IS
>>
>>50090235
If anything this is a bad sign about wotr and makes me slightly glad I didn't sign up.

I mean, if the GM can't even meet the deadline on picking characters, can they really run a whole game?
>>
Besides the Rise of the Regent and LewdWotR anyone know some good games on roll20 that are recruiting?
>>
>>50090213
No, it's a mailing list.

If/When the GM recruits you will receive a message.
>>
>>50090278
Are you the GM?
>>
>>50090219

>Him

You're not supposed to play male characters in ERP!
>>
>>50090307
When did I say 'him' anon
>>
>>50090338

Wait... I thought I saw...

Well shit, I guess you're right. How did I see him? What's wrong with me?
>>
>>50090302

No.

>>50090293

Yes?

>>50090291

Wrath of the Righteous isn't even lewd, it turns out the DM's idea on what is or isn't lewd was remarkably tame compared to ours.

Like, you know how when /pfg/ says lewd you assume "oh there's some gangbang going on in the campaign?" Turns out the DM considers "a warrior woman is topless in this scene" is "lewd."
>>
>>50090424
>turns out the DM's idea on what is or isn't lewd was remarkably tame compared to ours.

I haven't read the entire recruitment forum, where did they say that?
>>
Man is metamagic even worth bothering with as a sphere caster?
>>
>>50085185
Sorcerer VMC?
>>
>>50090463
>where did they say that?

In the threads, someone asked what they considered lewd and it included things like, "topless barbarian women" and "implied demon rape in the background."

He later went on to say he considers "mildly lewd" to be "Rated R content."
>>
I need character ideas for three princesses and a prince, in a world that is primarily populated by folks who are gestalted with bard.
>>
New thread:
>>50090621
>>50090621
>>50090621
>>50090621
>>
>>50089769
Spheres destructive blast is pretty fucking sad. You'd almost be better off shaping a hand cannon veil.
>>
>>50090133
Look at what they can do, versus what the party can handle.

Pathfinder is very... rocket-tag. If two of those beetles will kill a PC when they hit, and each PC two each on them, that is an extremely dangerous encounter, decided almost entirely by "who wins initiative".
>>
>>50091123
I deal 4d8+18 damage with a standard action touch attack at level 3?

Is that sad? I know PF statistics are pretty shitty, but that seems good.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.