[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 63

File: 8.5.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
8.5.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
Commanders You've Thought About Building, But Haven't Edition

Old thread: >>50068014

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>50077717
How would you build a Hanna Cars and Ships deck?
>>
I keep almost building Maelstrom Wanderer and stopping.
>>
>>50077786
I built maelstrom wanderer back when his planechase deck first came out. I realized how crazy degenerate he was and quickly tore it apart.
>>
File: Elesh Norn Fashion Model.jpg (11KB, 236x331px) Image search: [Google]
Elesh Norn Fashion Model.jpg
11KB, 236x331px
Still fishing for opinions on doing Voltron Atraxa rather than Superfriends/Infect
>>
>>50077786
why do you stop
>>
>tfw youve flashed in craterhoof behemoth so many times your playgroup starts paying 20 life extra when they toxic deluge just in case
>>
>>50077844
go for fungus tribal instead, proliferate your spore counters
>>
>>50077844
What opinions are you looking for, exactly? Equipment that compliment her? How about the rings from M13?
>>
>>50077844

Superfriends works well with atraxa, infect and voltron don't, the good news is that if you don't like superfriends then you can still do a general counters creature deck, get all the goodies from simic like fathom mage, etc and all the counters stuff of golgari and Abzan as well
>>
File: 1475690320949.jpg (37KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475690320949.jpg
37KB, 600x480px
>>50077931
>voltron doesn't work well with Atraxa
>>
>>50077931
Why isn't Atraxa good with Infect? You get to add poison counters for free
>>
File: Karona.jpg (24KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Karona.jpg
24KB, 223x310px
I couldn't decide which of the new decks to get so I'm just going to get all of them and make a Karona deck.
>>
>>50077844
What Voltron can you make with a slow creature that doesn't protect itself?
It'd be infect or bust to make use of her proliferate, and Skittles really is that much better than her at it.
>>
>>50077966
Because /tg/ is bad at Magic
>>
>>50077953

Post list, maybe you're right

I just can't see a non hexproof commander working well for voltron, but I guess if you built I controlly enough then atraxa's good combat abilities can shine
>>
>>50077976
>>50077973
>>50077966

I just don't see how proliferating poison counters is a good strategy, it seems super slow, infect should be getting 1-hit kills
>>
>>50077966
It can work, but it's very slow unlike most infect strategies.

One of the most significant parts of infect is its ability to get one-shot kills.
>>
Just coming back to magic after a 20 year break fellas. Help a brotha out.

So edhec

Is this site french 20 life decks, 40 life decks? Also, is there a way to find the best decks? The only related decks I see are recently created, leading me to tappedout? Even I know tappedout has fucking garbage decks
>>
File: laughing saurian girls.jpg (136KB, 681x535px) Image search: [Google]
laughing saurian girls.jpg
136KB, 681x535px
>>50077980
>implying Rafiq has hexproof
>>
File: Wog.jpg (6KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
Wog.jpg
6KB, 268x188px
Should decks that go wide still pack mass removal?

If so, how much?
>>
>>50078017

True, but in my experience, rafiq decks in most metas don't actually connect for lethal combat damage that often, instead the threat of rafiq just makes room for bant goodstuff to win

Anyway you do have a point though, something with huge damage potential like rafiq can be worth it because the reward is so high it's worth the risk

I don't think atraxa is in the same position
>>
>>50078038

Probably worth at least 1, maybe 2-3. Gonna be a dead draw a lot of the time, but when you need a wrath, you need a wrath, and nothing else will do
>>
>>50078017
>comparing Rafiq to Atraxa
really

I guess access to four colors might add something, but unlike Rafiq, Atraxa isn't packing any abilities that help push commander damage, except having one of the weaker forms of evasion
>>
>>50078073
Of course Rafiq can be built towards goodstuff, but he's also one of the go-to voltron commanders, and people are happy to protect him, either with auras/equips or counterspells.

I'm not saying she'd necessarily be better than Rafiq, but vigilance + lifelink does comparable work to double strike.
>>
>>50078107
Rafiq has the double strike and needs the evasion; Atraxa has the evasion and needs the double strike.

Again, I'm not saying she'd necessarily be as good as Rafiq, but she certainly isn't bad either.
>>
>>50078143
>>50078114

Okay let's rephrase, atraxa isn't BAD with voltron, nor with infect, i just don't think she's particularly suited to facilitate either strat, whereas I do think she is the only commander off the top of my head that directly interacts with planeswalkers, and she definitely facilitates a +1/+1 counters deck well
>>
File: Katamari Soon.jpg (138KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Katamari Soon.jpg
138KB, 600x450px
>>50077913
>>50077973

Umezawa's Jitte, +1 counter rings, Rings, she already has 4 evergreen keywords to name a few. Then moving on to the enchantress side of things, phyresis for infect, all the good stuff I successfully run in Sigarda, plus black and blue for improved card draw and removal.
>>
>>50078038
New player, what's the difference between going tall vs going wide
>>
>>50078459
An example of a deck going wide would be like a token deck, with lots of little threats. A deck going tall would be like a voltron deck that relies more on one big threat.
>>
I'm thinking of converting my zirilan edh to pic related. I plan to keep it dragon tribal, been looking on edhrec but haven't seen much good stuff, any suggestions for tech? Gameplan is gonna be ramp like mad turns 1-4 then start windmill slamming dragons each turn.

I love zirilan but my meta is full of spot removal so he just gets locked down. I think adding green will net me some better survivability, plus people were getting tired of my toolbox (they should fight a sisay deck before they bitch desu)
>>
>>50078143
Thing with Rafiq tho, is that usually in voltron builds, you lose when he swings the first time.
>>
>>50078527
I wish she had haste.
>>
>>50078527
If you wanna do Dragon Tribal in G/R you should do Xenegod. Best enabler for hasty dragons.

Or you could do Mina and Denn, Wildborn to add an extra land drop per turn.

Radha is alright, but I feel link she'd be better suited as a elfball commander.
>>
>>50078557
desu she'll play as a shitty llanowar elves, but guaranteed t2 ramp is pretty sweet.

I really want black for kholaghan and jund sweetness but i cant find a commander that fits (karrthus costs way too much money and is a shitty commander)
>>
File: 28.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
Sunbond is pretty cool with her. Blade of the
Bloodchief and Predatory Hunger are relatively cost effective ways to accumulate +1/+1 counters.

Double strike is obviously important for commander damage so run those.

Depending on how common exiling is, regenerate is good protection on top of indestructible. I like Blessing of Leeches and Soul Channeling.

One sub-archetype you could to is run all the enchantresses and Sigil of the Empty Throne, in which case run repeatable enchantments like Flickering Ward, Cage of Hands, Rancor, etc.
>>
>>50078569
I figure a cheap commander will help dragon tribal since my curve will be huge, but yeah it still feels awkward.

I wish i had a good outlet tor her RR, firebreathing i guess.
>>
>>50078527
As someone who played Radha for a long time, make sure your landbase assures you're able to cast her turn 2 every time.
>>
>>50078622
I run a saffi edh so I have a rough idea
>>
File: thrasioskydele.png (279KB, 448x310px) Image search: [Google]
thrasioskydele.png
279KB, 448x310px
Today I tried running pic related instead of Kruphix as my Simic commander, and I was quite impressed. I'm considering drafting a decklist built more around them. What are some must-haves?

Off the top of my head:
>Staff of Domination
>Training Grounds
>Umbral Mantle
>>
File: cawimdrago.jpg (375KB, 864x666px) Image search: [Google]
cawimdrago.jpg
375KB, 864x666px
Making a Crosis deck, should i go all-in on discard and rack effects, or should it be a subtheme and jam in lots of goodstuff?
>>
File: intet.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
intet.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-wish-i-could-dream-again/
hat does /edhg/ think of this Intet deck I put together last night? Edhrec had nothing but big dragons on their recommended but I much prefer flipping into a huge sorcery than an Artaka.
>>
>>50078618
I liked to use her RR to activate Kher Keep. I'm sure there are much better uses though.
>>
>>50078590
He's not really that bad. Sure, he costs a lot but his effect is pretty good. Hasty Dragons are good too. Plus that gives you access to Bladewing the Risen and add a bunch of other possible reanimation.
>>
File: 1458522717909.jpg (79KB, 496x515px) Image search: [Google]
1458522717909.jpg
79KB, 496x515px
>>50077717
>Commanders You've Thought About Building, But Haven't Edition
Oh man, I've got enough of these I'm kind of itching to see if I can't work one out.

Help me decide, should I build Alesha, Titania, Gaddock Teeg, or Mimeoplasm?
>>
>>50078813
Mimeoplasm infect

Also, how the fuck do you pronounce mimeoplasm?

Mime-o-plasm? Or mimeo-plasm?
>>
>>50078841
mim-ee-oh-plasm sounds better, IMO
>>
I'm thinking of building a Yidris mostly creatureless spellslinger deck. Is there a primer somewhere for him or Maelstrom Wanderer, specifically around how much of each converted mana cost to put in?
>>
>>50078729
play omniscience
>>
>>50078752
I don't think you run enough impactful creatures to warrant See the Unwritten. Why not try Season's Past and Mystical Tutor to combo with Time Warp?

Some other big bomb spells you may like:
>Volcanic Vision
>Blatant Thievery
>Insurrection
>Clone Legion
>>
>>50078857
I don't think Wanderer ever needed to be scaled out via CMC.

Generally, Wanderer decks just run cards that function as wildfire effects, ramp (mostly rocks), card draw, and library manipulation. If you don't cascade into something impactful, you're likely going to cascade into draw/ramp to help recast Wanderer next turn.
>>
>>50078926
dont forget expropriate
>>
File: Gemstone.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Gemstone.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>50078729
>Gemstone Array
>Pemmin's Aura
>Freed from the Real
>Sword of the Paruns
>>
>>50077844
>implying voltron isn't also super friends

That's how I played Marchesa, and Atraxa is better in every single way.
>>
>>50077971

I played Karona with a bunch of extra combat steps to pump her to lethal by naming Avatar. I should rebuild her now that I have a suit of swords because I still control the triggers.
>>
>>50078741
I've only seen one crosis deck and it was just a grixis goodstuff pile that had the bonus ability of being able to use its commander to fuck up someone's hand occasionally
>>
File: Crumbling Sanctuary_MM.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Crumbling Sanctuary_MM.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
What decks can run this viably
>>
>>50079430
Off the top of my head, Dralnu and Circu
>>
>>50078741
Run telepathy so everyone gets super mad
>>
>>50079430

I think it's for some kind of white pillow fort stax lock deck, keeps you from dying to creatures they play before you lock them down, and you can win by infinite damage of some kind?
>>
>>50078038
Monitoring this question.
>>
>>50078841
Mim ee oh
>>
>>50078741
you really, really don't wanna build too much around a 6cmc creature. sub theme should be enough.
>>
>>50079455
I'm considering running it in my circu/nebuchadnezzar build. It's a mix of lantern control, telepathy effects, and targeted/mass discard. Do you think it's worth it?

I don't attack with creatures, I plan on winning with wheel of torture, the rack, lilis caress, megrim while making sure nobody draws anything threatening, or an answer. I just don't know if it's worth trying to slot in. Thoughts?
>>
>>50078813
titania loam baby all day
pick off the weak with elementals then strip mine the lasts players entire manabase away
>>
>>50078741
grixis dragons with yung silumgar
>>
Ok so Ive been telling myself Id get into EDH for a while, and to force myself to I did something dumb and bought some Masterpiece staples. So now Im trying to sketch out the structure of a decent Leovald deck. My local store is super competitive about EDH (Elfball and Geth types), so Im not worried about power.

I notice that a lot of EDH decks tend to have a certain density of splashy overcosted nonsense, and have varying amounts of just pure goodstuff. Am I better off trying to build Leovald low to the ground with a high density of just pure efficiency and group disruption, or do I really need a critical mass of splash to swing against timmy haymakers and massive combos?
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
hey guys, i need a quick judges opinion on tethered griffin, can i play him and an aura simultaneously? Say i have 2 plains. i throw down something like Ephara's Radiance and the griffin... what happens?
>>
post your Atraxa lists friendos

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxas-synthesis/
>>
File: concede.png (73KB, 1080x360px) Image search: [Google]
concede.png
73KB, 1080x360px
>>50079813
Honestly, leovolds greatest strength lies in hosing all opponents hands at once with windfall effects. Keep your curve low, forget big splashy shit. Win by oppressing the table and slowly pinging them to death, utilize mind-breaking them and forcing the concede. That's not your win -con, but it would be dumb to overlook it.

Don't bother with big stompy creatures. Just pack pillowfort and mass bounce spells like cyclonic rift, this pairs nicely with wheel effects like windfall or dark deal.

Oh,and welcome to the edh family, im glad to be the first to welcome you.
>>
>>50079854
Since neither have flash, no.
Cast the griffin with no enchantments on the field, it dies.
Can't cast the enchantment without a viable target.
>>
>>50079813
showing up out of nowhere with a leovold is quite the statement, that guy has a reputation. have you borrowed a deck of theirs to play with them a bit and see what their playstyles feel like? it's honestly the best way to get a feel on how to build a deck that fits the meta.
>>
>>50079854
not sure what you want to ask. if you are casting Radiance on something else and it resolves then you are good to cast the griffin but if the aura gets removed at any time before the griffin resolves then you would have to sacrifice it right when it enters the battlefield.

if you mean that you want to cast the griffin and then attach the aura to it then you can't do that because the griffin's effect will trigger as soon as its on the field and will check for enchantments on the field. if you dont control any you'd have to sac it right away before being able to equip aura
>>
File: 1476468945400.jpg (90KB, 696x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476468945400.jpg
90KB, 696x500px
>turn 2 sorin markov'd is fair
>turn 2 tree of peredition is unjustifiable bullshit

Does anyone want to trade groups? I can't handle the stupid anymore
>>
>>50078741
Crosis's synergy with discard effects is questionable. True you can see what they have in their hand so you know which colors to name, but you can already guess that based on what lands they're playing. So you often end up hitting something that you would have hit with Crosis two turns later anyways.
If you want to build around him, which you shouldn't, use mass bounce. I went for artifact ramp, non-stax mana denial (ala Dwarven Miner and Viashivan Heretic), and cost-efficient threats. My group is very underpowered, but it remains my deck with the highest winrate.

>>50079732
That seems like a really interesting deck concept. Wand of denial seems right up your alley.
It's so different from what I normally play, though, that I feel there isn't much I can judge about the deck without actually playing it.
>>
>>50079854
You would need to flash in an enchantment beforehand using something like Sigarda's Aid which will allow you to the keep the griffen provided you casted it first anyway Although even if you were to flash in an aura enchantment I believe the griffen's ability would check the board for enchantments you control first and lead to it dying if you don't control any, or you could just play Sigarda and not have to sacrifice it anyways
>>
File: Wand of Denial_6E.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Wand of Denial_6E.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>50079914
I really love this!
And yeah, the deck mixes everything I love about magic into one package, I'm excited as hell for some of the foils im going to order too. (I'm even going to pick up a field of dreams!)
>>
>>50079949
You would just flash the Aura in response to the check trigger.
>Griffin is on the battlefield
>Trigger check
>Flash Aura
>Aura attached to griffin
>Trigger check
>Check OK
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-02-23-50-05-1.png (217KB, 1440x701px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-02-23-50-05-1.png
217KB, 1440x701px
>>50079971
>>
>>50079904
perfect, got it! thanks!
>>
>>50079907
What is their rationale for that?
>>
New Emrakul theme deck.
Use pillowfort stuff and general misdirection tactics to survive.
Play city of brass and friends with muse vessel/ornate kanzushi to turn people's decks against them.
Play Ugin's Nexus and Noetic Scales to take control over another player.
Play Jester's Mask and Copper Angel/Assault Suit to make people take some really bad turns.

It's just too expensive for a deck that won't even win, though.
>>
>>50078038
Depends on how you go wide.
If it's weenies you're putting yourself at disadvantage, if it's tokens it's ok.
>>
>>50079907
Are you the same guy from the last time I saw that same situation here?
>>
>>50080196
>same situation

What do you mean? I run both sorin and tree in the same deck. Markov'd a guy playing karametra and everyone was fine, next game use the same deck and get tree out but unable to tap it since no greaves and the group flipped their shit. I can't run either cards now or my group gets salty and immediately concedes against the deck, forcing me to play a different one
>>
>>50078841
I say "Mim-ee-oh-plasm"
>>50078459
Pretty much what >>50078523 said. Lots of creatures is going wide. A small amount of powerful creatures is going tall.
>>50077717
I've thought about building the following:
>Adriana, Captain of the Guard (RW aggro)
>Athreos, God of Passage (standard Shadowborn Apostle bullshit)
>Borborygmos Enraged (I want to throw lands)
>Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Infect)
>Gahiji, Honored One (Werewolf Tribal)
>Kambal, Consul of Allocation (Life gain and drain, taxes)
>Numot, the Devastator (America themed deck)
>Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (life gain and drain, taxes)
>Phelddagrif (typical group hug bullshit)
>Queen Marchesa (Control and token swarm)
>Rafiq of the Many (Voltron)
>Zedruu the Greathearted (standard Zedruu build)

Most of the decks I wanted the build ended up being too one-dimensional. They'd be good for a game or two, but not for repeated play.
>>
>>50080364
>(I want to throw lands)
you magnificent bastard
>>
>test out my monoblack on xmage
>do nothing for like 4 or 5 turns but build a shitty board state that no one cares about and draw a few cards
>feel really useless
>then play a crypt ghast and draw into a sidisi
>cast sidisi and tutor for gray merchant, play gray merchant, sac my board, play living death to get it back, tutor for victimize with sidisi, sac my board again, cast victimize on sidisi and gray merchant, tutor for corpse dance with sidisi, sac gray merchant, corpse dance it back until everyone else is dead

monoblacks tutors and mana doublers, man. holy shit
>>
>>50077844
Atraxa is really going to shine as a counter salad kind of deck. Got some nice simic creatures and hydras you like? Throw em in. Have a few nice planeswalkers that you can ult reliably? Why not. Would you also like alternate wincons like darksteel forge and azors elocuters? Sure they go in there too. Wanna burn the midnight oil and have divinity counters galore? You bet.

Build the deck so you need to show up to a game with a huge bag of dice knowing you'll need to use all of them
>>
>>50081011

This actually seems pretty fun.[/sp]
>>
>>50077844

more proliferate + charge counters

https://scryfall.com/search?q=o%3A%22charge+counter%22
>>
>>50078813
TITANIA
I
T
A
N
I
A

Check my list: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/titania-ravager-of-lands/
>>
>>50080364
>>50080638
You guys have finally given me motivation to make a silly not-really-budget Borbs deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/borborygmos-literal-landfall/
>>
>>50078590
Prosh bro.
>>
>>50078590

Yidris. Add some blue splash for the lulz.
>>
>>50077717
>Commanders You've Thought About Building, But Haven't
Fucking Alesha. I've been tinkering with a list on tappedout for months, but I still haven't committed to a paper build. Meanwhile I've been slapping together decks for other commanders no problem, I don't know what's giving me the hang-up on Alesha
>>
>>50080196
In their defense, that does sound pretty douchy.

I would imagine they let it go the one time so you could have your fun, but them when it happened again, they were already tired of it.
>>
I kinda want to build a Naya deck based around the new R/G and G/W partners - all the tokens, then make them unblockable. Talk me out of it. Yes, I know Ghaave would be better, but Ghaave is also Combo-Centric(TM) and I'd prefer to avoid that in favor of just swinging and going wide.
>>
Should I take apart Gahiji and put a good chunk of it into K&T or are they unique enough that I should keep them both? Keeping them both also means I'd probably have to dump around $40 to get K&T up to snuff so is that really worth it? I'd be building K&T more huggy than Gahiji but I feel like the general playstyle would be very similar.

What are some good wincons for K&T? Or should I just go straight hugs and only "win" by forcing a draw?
>>
>>50081431
>all those lands
>no Abundance or that other enchantment that draws an extra card if your turn draw is a land
Consider those
>>
So all of the 2016 commanders are hot garbage, right?
>>
>>50082826
Poorly meme'd
>>
>>50082626
Right, Abundance would be really useful in fishing out the combo pieces.

How's that second enchantment called? That sounds like stable 2 cards per turn in this deck.
>>
>>50082463
i want to do the same thing anon, their synergy is just too good. go for it.
>>
File: 69.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>50082853
It's Rowen. It triggers if the draw is a basic but you have plenty of those too.
>>
>>50082970
Other suggestions
>cycling lands to maybe draw into gas
>Knollspine Dragon to draw a new hand
>Basilisk Collar or Loxodon Warhammer to gain some life and hold out the game
>>
I'm torn between purchasing some of the 2016 decks, the 2015 Ezuri deck + all I need to turn it into a snake deck or just buy a standard deck

What do I do, /EDH/
>>
>>50083146
I think that Ezrui alone is more powerful than any of the other 2016 commanders
>>
File: excited wrestler.gif (1MB, 285x169px) Image search: [Google]
excited wrestler.gif
1MB, 285x169px
>>50083018
>Knollspine dragon
>Draw cards equal to damage dealt
>mfw

I was considering collar/warhammer but i don't want to cut lands further (i probably should tho)
>>
I've been thinking of building a Tolsimir Wolfblood deck only to run Mirror Gallery and Hero's Podium, and making an army of legendary wolves.

It would be a generic GW token deck otherwise.
>>
>>50083225
You could try substituting basic lands for lands that do similar jobs to nonlands you wanted to include. Like the cycling lands for draw, Buried Ruin and the likes for recursion and so on.
>>
>>50082970
this card is kind of low value. it adds to up about 0,4-0,6 extra cards per turn. that's not that great for 4 mana. i mean it's not terrible for gruul colors, but i think you can do better

i probably wouldn't run 60 lands in borbo either, more like 44 or 50.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
31KB, 223x310px
So on a scale of meh to unplayable, how suboptimal would it be to finally put together an Infect EDH now that Atraxa is a thing? I absolutely adore the mechanic and phrexian stuff in general, and my inner Vorthos has been clambering to try it for some time now, and she seems about as good of a fit as I'm likely to get (aside from mono-B Skittles, of course).

I realize that the card pool is rather limited, but surely with four colors to play with I can cobble something decent together right? Plus liberal use of +1/+1 counter pumps to beef my creatures up.
>>
>>50083451
The only way I would play Atraxa infect would be to play infect in EDH is to play Ichor Rats and stall for 10 rounds.
>>
>>50083451
just cast tainted strike on timmys fatty when hes smashing johnny. blammo, instant infect deck
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/best-couple/

Anyone else here getting HOMO HUGS?
>>
So, I'm a boring cunt who is building atraxa superfriends/goodstuff , I have most of my planeswalkers i am playing decided but am looking for flexible and useful spells to play alongside them , things like abzan charm and such that are good in multiple ways but they dont have to be modal spells necessarily, Anyone got any cool technology in mind?
>>
So, my friend's having a pretty bad time, and I missed his b-day a while back, so I was gonna go two-birds-one-stone and build him an EDH deck. He likes playing my animar, and has spoken well of Ydris, because he really likes beating face and getting free shit.

So far, I've settled on tryi ng to run mostly of not solely creatures who's p/t equals 9 or 18 for wild pair, a fair number of which cost 9 for grozoth, and lowest possible non-permanent spell count for arbiter of the ideal.

Does a quick way for me to find all creatures whose total power and toughness equal 9 or 18 exost, or do I have to go one-by-one for each possible p/t?

Also, what're some permanents you'd suggest?
>>
>>50083871
Abrupt Decay
Time Stop
Reins of Power
Vanish into Memory
Seal of Doom
Act of Authority
Aura of Silence
Runed Halo
Nevermore
>>
File: 1445018840763.jpg (146KB, 578x737px) Image search: [Google]
1445018840763.jpg
146KB, 578x737px
>>50078530
Not that guy but...Well lets hope so. Thats the end goal for every voltron commander. Attacking once per person is the best way to win a muliplayer game. As a Saskia, Derevi, and Uril voltron player, its so easy to get shut down. Everyone acts like Rafiq is end all and kill him asap. Just run boardwipes and sac effects. its so easy to beat it.
>>
>>50083871
Don't put in interaction put in more walkers
>>
>>50080827
I usually just tutor for Phyrexian Reclamation when I have Gray Merchant and a sac outlet.
>>
>>50083451
Playable but I'm not sure how strong it'll be. Pack in proliferate and cards that give poison counters. It's possible to play infect since you have access to the colors that have the most poison counters.
>>
>>50084104
Monoblack has so many other good options for recursion that I'm about to cut Phyrexian Reclamation from my deck. Corpse dance is my go-to tutor target right now, and it's so damn good in monoblack that I almost want to cut it
>>
File: Atarka.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Atarka.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50078527
Atarka, World Render is a pretty great R/G dragon commander.

>>50077717
As it so happens, though, I've been thinking about possibly changing my R/G dragons deck to Temur Dragons, with Intet as the commander. I feel like it would be worse than the deck I already have now, though.
>>
>>50079968
This also fucks over people's Div Tops and Vamp Tutors. Pretty cash.
>>
>>50084344
I don't think blue adds much to dragons, and Intet is very cumbersome to use since you need to hit someone in the face to do anything with her.
>>
>>50083266
I like the cut of this man's jib! Legendary Tokens the Deck seems wonderful. What are some others?

Marut Lage
Nissa's Elemental
Uh...Tuktuk
>>
>>50084452
Stanng is another one.
>>
>>50084452
I think I like Tuk Tuk better. That'd be way more hilarious. I'd be able to run Goblin Welder that way.
>>
File: brago.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
brago.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
I need more spooky blue cards for Brago. EDHrec only gives stuff like Phyrexian Ingester but I want things with more ghostly flavor, like Dungeon Geists. Any favorites?
>>
>>50084583
Rattlechains, Drogskol Captain?

Only the art is kinda spooky on this one but I also like Warden of Evos Isle in Brago.
>>
>>50084685
Yup, as well as Spectral Shepherd and Drogskol Cavalry for some silly lifegain. I hadn't thought about Warden, but I can see how that one could really help out my curve and the art is spooky enough. Thanks for the rec.
>>
>>50084761
And it's a good benefit since a lot of Brago's blink targets generally are flyers.
>>
>>50081431
Get a Loam in there. There's nothing quiet like saying 2 mana 9 damage. Every. Single. Turn.
>>
I only have enough cash for one of the decks, am I a fool for going Atraxa? I feel like it isn't as strong as Ogre Shaman Guy.
>>
>>50085061
If you are buying a commander deck because of competitive power, you shouldn't buy premade decks. Otherwise, all of them looks fun, especially with the partner commanders.
>>
>>50085061
well you could just buy singles for the price of the deck instead. i mean if it were me, i would buy the ogre, chromatic, and have 25 left over to get whatever from the other decks. although the atraxa deck is where money cards are, with revilark, kalonian hydra, ghave, cauldron of souls and scavenging ooze costing 2 more or so depending where you look with other cards above a couple bucks a piece.

tldr: just get singles, unless you just want a 4 color deck to play with
>>
File: dons.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dons.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>holding off an entire table by recurring fleshbag marauder every turn
>also putting everyone in top deck mode just by using flip liliana's +2 over and over
>a guy scoops when i make him sac his dude a third time a row
>meanwhile i'm just playing solitaire, bored out of my asshole because i don't have any wincons at hand

come on this shouldn't be an unbeatable board state
>>
>>50085202
How I felt last weekend after casting Death Cloud and putting everyone on top deck, but not having anything to take advantage of it.
>>
>>50085202
>it's a "no one runs Bojuka Bog" episode

>>50085061
Atraxa and Yidris are the money decks, specially Atraxa with the Scooze and Kalonian Hydra reprints among other things. Either could be good.
>>
>>50085202
follow up to this, just finished this game on xmage

>guy plays the angel that temporarily exiles stuff, had the game on f9 while shitposting so couldnt respond
>he exiles my creatures
>recur fleshbag with strands of night and force him to sac his angel
>he scoops
>next turn get an ult off with liliana
>last guy scoops

what a wet fart of a game jesus
>>
>>50084583
Tower geist is a spoop as well as decent filtering
>>
File: Thalia.jpg (258KB, 1045x764px) Image search: [Google]
Thalia.jpg
258KB, 1045x764px
If I wanted to convert this deck to a Mardu colored deck but keep the same playstyle, which Black cards should I add to just make the deck run smoother?

Im basically slower turning it into a Casual Angel Tribal and I determined that Black was better than Green for my deck build.

The Commander would end up being Tariel (despite the fact that this isnt designed as a Reanimation deck)

What does /edhg/ think?

I wish I could use Atraxa as my Commander, but losing Red would SUCK ASS for an Angel Tribal, as Id lose SOI Avacyn, INN Gisela, Tariel, Aurelia...
>>
>>50085302
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/legion-of-heaven-2/

forgot Deck Link
>>
>>50085317
Im surprised youre not running queen marchesa for the card advantage. Urza's incubator and something like phyrexian arena may help smooth things out
>>
>>50082500
I wouldn't see myself running Gay Kings as a go-wide aggro deck. I'd run combo myself.
>>
>>50085199
>tldr: just get singles, unless you just want a 4 color deck to play with
This is a load of shit, I did a cost analysis of Atraxa and Yidris and for just the nice pieces in either the cost of singles is higher than the MSRP
>>
>>50085815
All of the decks are higher than msrp.

The prices will crash when the products enter the market. It happens every time.
>>
>>50085941
The deck prices or the single prices you mean?
>>
>>50086038
The singles. Since as more product gets in the market, the costs of the money cards will plummet. A lot of the money cards are money cards because of supply issues and not demand in other formats, like Ghave or the Green Join Forces card. Same with Revilark.

The decks are great and I have the whole set preordered, but the "value" of them is going to tank. Get the decks if you like them, but the stapes they contain will drop regardless
It's the same situation that happened with conspiracy 2
>>
>>50086132
Let's hope so, I don't think stuff from previous products like Thran Dynamo fell a lot subsequently. If only the influx would reduce the price of the old-bordered prints too...
>>
>>50086176
I think thran dropped a couple dollars. Sol ring has been pummeled to death in value. I wish they'd done the same with Chromatic Lantern and put lantern in every deck.

And I feel you on the old bordered cards. I really want a foil Karmic Guide with the old border and art, but the foils runs back then were so low.
>>
>>50079732
Mind posting a list?
>>
>>50086132
He's not wrong at all.

In the last commander cycle, Black Market was pushing what, $21?

It's fucking $3 now. I'm happy that it's in circulation, but let it sink in how much of a price drop this set does to staples.
>>
>>50086320
>Black Market was pushing what, $21?

that seems odd, i've always thought it's grossly overrated. 5 mana enchantment that does nothing for a fairly long while, and then becomes really good, at which point it eats 1 general spot removal and it's gone.
>>
>>50086500
It was a supply issue, not really the card being good. It was only printed in Mercadian Masques, which was the very first set not protected by the reserve list.

You can see it happening with burgeoning. A 30 dollar card is now worth 3 because they actually printed the damn thing.
>>
>>50085109

>partners look fun

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop liking what I don't like
>>
How do I tell my friend that his artifact deck is too powerful for our table? By turn 6 he almost always has darksteel forge and Padeem making it nearly impossible to win. It is literally tearing our table apart
>>
File: 116.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
116.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>50085302
I agree I wouldn't want to lose your red options either, although I probably would never run angels without green ramp either, so I'll just casually recommend Saskia, who also works perfectly with angels' game plan.

Black adds some nice Sunforger options, ie. Anguished Unmaking, Utter End and Mortify.

Black also handles your card draw, ie. Phyrexian Arena, Necropotence, Skeletal Scrying, Ambition's Cost, etc.

Black Market can help cast those big angels.
>>
>>50086671

Artifact players are always autistic subhumans who think they are special for taking advantage of the fact that wizards didn't know how to balance artifacts. There's no way to save him, his mind is gone, you have to beat him with all the artifact hate wizards was forced to print to correct their mistake.
>>
>>50086671
Only broach it with him when your other buds have made an adequate attempt to run more artifact exile effects. Complaining should be a last resort as it creates drama and doesn't often end up being very effectual.
>>
File: kataki.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
kataki.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50086671
>>
>>50086671
There will inevitably be decks that are significantly better than the rest. Ask him to build another deck and tolerate playing Archenemy against his artifact deck once in a while so long as he makes an effort to mix things up.
>>
File: 1477796826246.gif (1MB, 400x170px) Image search: [Google]
1477796826246.gif
1MB, 400x170px
>>50086500
>cards that die aren't good
This idea triggers me. Anyway, pic related when using something before it gets blown up
>>
>>50086761
The only reason you're getting triggered is you're too dense to understand the difference between "dies to removal" and "gives lots of time to be removed before it becomes useful".
>>
>>50086761

I would say the problem with black market isn't that it dies it's that you have to time it so that you're casting a board wipe the same turn, or you have a free sac outlet + a lot of fodder, otherwise it's really low impact for something you paid 5 mana for
>>
>>50086819
To be fair, most decks that run it are going to have the kind of sac engines to make it quickly worthwhile. It's definitely not something to just throw in any random deck with black though.
>>
File: 750.Sydri.jpg (114KB, 750x1004px) Image search: [Google]
750.Sydri.jpg
114KB, 750x1004px
Hey /TG/, I tried to build Mishra but it just didn't end up being great, so I think I'm going to convert it to a Sydri, Galvanic Genius combo deck. Anybody have any spicy Sydri tech they care to share?
>>
>>50086855

right i agree but what i meant was, if your deck is a sac engine deck, then people are going to be trying to stop you from setting up those sac engines in the first place, so things have to going pretty well for black market to work like the sac engine deck hopes it will
>>
>>50086880

>spicy sydri tech

dont use that hideous alter
>>
File: Sydri-Galvanic-Genius-Full-Art.png (3MB, 840x1175px) Image search: [Google]
Sydri-Galvanic-Genius-Full-Art.png
3MB, 840x1175px
>>50086906
It's not great, but it's the only one I saw that still had the text box intact in case anybody didn't know what it did. This ones better.
>>
>>50084986
Loam is good, but i steer clear from cards that cost 10$+.
>>
>>50087010

this one is worse
>>
>>50084583
kawigama has tons of spooks with etbs and spirit tribal stuff.
>>
File: Iona, Shield of Emeria.jpg (586KB, 2200x1237px) Image search: [Google]
Iona, Shield of Emeria.jpg
586KB, 2200x1237px

>Kozilek Eldrazi tribal
>Adriana soldier tokens
>Bruna, Light of Alabaster voltron
>Thromok of Ulasht tokens
>Queen Marchesa prison
>Tariel angel tribal

every day a different one seems like "the one"
>>
>>50086611
It is "build your own commander": the ability. What is there to not like? I am going to buy the Breed Lethality deck and try out both Atraxa, and the Ishai/Reyha, to see how well it works having 2 commanders.

I'm just a bit bummed out because they didn't put Commander Beacon into these decks, since it would work really well with 2 commanders.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 190x265px
Can any of you wiser commander players take a look at my Yidris prototype?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/yidris-chaos-reanimator/
>>
>>50077717
Mirri, Cat Warrior voltron
Wydwen, the Biting Gale draw-go voltron
Sun Quan aggro
Kaho, Minamo Historian Training Grounds wizards
Freyalise stompy
Rosheen Meanderer X cost tribal

Too many to name really.
>>
>Wort Spellslinger
>Alesha Toolbox/Hatebears/Land Destruction
>Mikaeus Combos
>Meren attrition/rock
>Newzuri tokens+counters and fun
Someone roll for me, I can't do it using the app I'm on.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d5)

>>50087493
I've got you, fampai.
>>
>>50077931
Yep, I've been testing +1/+1 counters with Atraxa and it's a good time. I'm also running more Planeswalkers than usual, but not enough to call it Superfriends.
>>
>>50086611
If you are like that now, just wait for next year when they print the partner planeswalker commanders.
>>
>>50077717
Cromat. It doesn't help that I don't really know what to do with it.
Five color goodstuff is boring.
cycles.dec is boring and is the primary hipster choice for avoiding five color goodstuff.
I was leaning towards throwing in tons of mana dorks and using green pump spells to make them lethal but then I'm not really using Cromat for much of anything, so I scrapped that.
Right now Voltron is on the drawing board, but I don't know.
>>
>>50087805
Buff spells tribal for voltron maybe?
>>
>>50083166

late answer, but you'll be happy to hear I ended up getting ezuri + preordering some singles from commander 2016 to enhance it

and what I needed to make the standard deck

I'll probably end up getting the breya deck in the future but I'm in no hurry
>>
>>50087392
The X spells can whiff a lot to be worth including I think. Also a Greaves/Swiftfoot/Whispersilk Cloak (inclined to this one specially because unblockable) for protection?
>>
>>50087964
>preordering

You failed at such a simple task
>>
>>50087805
For what it's worth, my old Cromat was Hondens enchantress.

Ran a lot of token generator enchantments, then I'd Polymorph into one of two creatures in the deck: Zur and Maelstrom Archangel. The angel's obvious, but Zur was the "true" general because he could fetch the red honden, Paradox Haze or Sterling Grove to tutor for whatever else.

It was pretty fun, though my friends would complain it would win simply because they didn't draw/include enough enchantment hate.
>>
>>50087988

4 cards, less than 1€ each at mkm, I don't really feel like I 've thrown my money away, honestly
>>
>>50088035
Ah yeah, MCM prices are pretty much always reasonable.

Just don't preorder hyped cards, all of them will drop like rocks once the set is out.
>>
>>50087968

The deck only has 3 X spells so I hope it will not be a problem. I should definitely add Swiftfoot and Whispersilk Cloak. Graves would cause way too many groans from my playgroup.
>>
File: 1477597082127.jpg (281KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477597082127.jpg
281KB, 571x800px
>>50077966
>>50077931
>>50077991
>not wanting to play infect in all the colors
>not wanting to proliferate in all the colors
>not wanting to give each player 1 poison counter then stax it up and watch the table be COMPLETED
>>
>>50087805
Run ramp + every 5c permanent
>>
>>50088189

Do you think the 4 color commanders will drop? Either someone breaks them or people will rush to buy them as soon as the price drops and they will skyrocket.
>>
File: templarsstake.jpg (58KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
templarsstake.jpg
58KB, 400x308px
>>50088237

You waifufags are scum of the Earth.
>>
>>50088229
>The deck only has 3 X spells so I hope it will not be a problem
Rarely will be, it's fine.
>>
File: Untitled.png (310KB, 443x307px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
310KB, 443x307px
My playgroup of 4 is making new decks
>One guy decides to play Zedruu
>Other guy decides to play Yasova

How will this turn out? Awesome or miserable?
>>
>>50088302
>one image
>waifufag

TRIGGERED
>>
>>50088401

You cleanse before it spreads.
>>
>>50088360
Depends. Yasova isn't particularly powerful, so she's gonna be awesome pretty much. I like her. Zedruu can be shitty, though. Depends on what does it play.
>>
>>50088439
too many proliferating cards to stop the infection
>>
>>50087392
You have evoke and delve, so maybe some "you may X instead of paying mana cost" cards would entice you. (Like Snuff Out)

I think Unexpected Results and Possibility Storm are some janky fun times (not really "great" but definitely in theme)

And Jori En is literally: draw an additional card on your turn
>>
>>50088612
>"you may X instead of paying mana cost"

Thanks for the idea. Possibility Storm, if I understand correctly, lets me cascade twice, but I feel people will groan super had every time it hits play.
>>
>>50088360
Well, all it'll really mean is the Yasova player will be stealing and keeping your shit instead of the Zedruu player's.
>>
>>50088700
Nope. You cast a spell. That spell is not cast. Instead you flip until you find a spell that shares a type with it and cast that. On second thought, DON'T run that. I just realized if the spell doesn't resolve then it wont cascade either. Wahwah sorry
>>
>>50086796
Nah its that there are shitters in /tg/ that are very vocal when they say "x is bad cause it dies".
>>
>>50088700
>>50088738
I compensate you with
>Lim-Dul's Vault

Also consider cards that say "when you cast/play a spell, X" since every spell you cast is basically 2 spells. Like Consuming Aberration.
>>
>>50088738
Cascade is not dependent on a spell resolving.
But regardless, cards cast via Possibility Storm's triggered ability wouldn't cascade with Yidris anyhow because they weren't from your hand.
>>
>>50088360
And here I was sitting here all day thinking that Zerduu and Yasova would be a fucking godly combo in GayKings.
Steal a creature, Swing, Give it back and let the card advantage and life roll in.
>>
>>50088928
>Permanents you own
Never mind
Instead 4color "Whose Spell is it anyways?"
>>
File: 1328132355508.png (72KB, 250x275px) Image search: [Google]
1328132355508.png
72KB, 250x275px
>proxies arrived today
>Chinaman tossed in a Sword of B&M and fucking Grim Tutor on top of the stuff I actually ordered
>>
File: pepe1.jpg (25KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pepe1.jpg
25KB, 306x306px
>there's an edh "tournament" coming up where i live, 1v1 matches
>except they are using normal edh rules, so 40 life, mana crypt/sol ring aren't banned, etc.

not saying that duel commander is any better, but isn't the idea for this tourney pretty stupid? why wouldn't you just play the most greediest combo deck ever that wins by turn 3 or 4 reliably?
>>
>>50089081
Post'em i want to see the quality also paste their aliexpress page pls
>>
>>50089114
Because 90% of players can't assemble a deck like that. My Uril deck would have a blast, but seems both reasonable and fun unless you live in rich kid magical Christmas land.
>>
Am I a mad man for thinking overlaid terrain woulb be nice tech for Titania?
>>
>>50089261
If you're sure you are going to win and have a haste enabler, maybe
>>
>>50089261
an absolute mad man

do it
>>
File: 1456608087612.jpg (67KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
1456608087612.jpg
67KB, 500x314px
>>50086671
By playing Aura of Silence!
>>
File: woodie.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
woodie.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50089261
throw in a wood elemental for style points while you're at it
>>
>>50086671
his commander is padeem?
>>
File: 193.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
193.jpg
70KB, 312x445px

Lord of Tresserhorn: use the stupid "power of 1" cards with eldrazi tokens voltron deck. sounds like fun but i'm sure it's really weak. I also have too many voltron decks.

Stangg: Warrior tribal with a "twin" theme. Cards like Veteran's Voice, Stand Together, Soulbond, etc. tfw casual scum

Barrin: Make him an artifact creature and use all the Modular cards. it's terrible and does nothing but inconvenience someone for a turn
>>
File: COMMMM.png (57KB, 332x262px) Image search: [Google]
COMMMM.png
57KB, 332x262px
>>50086671

Here ya go, friendo.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=|[%22exile%20all%20artifacts%22]|[%22exile%20target%20artifact%22]|[%22lose%20hexproof%22]|[%22lose%20indestructible%22]|[%22lose%20shroud%22]|[%22all%20artifacts%20have%22]|[%22sacrifices%20all%20artifacts%22]|[%22return%20all%20artifacts%22]&format=+[%22Commander%22]

Put 10 of them into your deck and see what happens. Maybe 15, fuck it. If he is mono-U get some good old fashion Gruul hate cards.
>>
>>50089114
This thinking is pretty absurdly flawed that I have a hard time believing this isn't outright bait or something. This applies to pretty much any "competitive" format. What reason do you have to not play the best deck in any other format? There is none if you look at it like that. And frankly if any deck is an option there is absolutely zero reason to not play the best deck in those situations. But there are so many factors that it is not that simple, either in "competitive" commander or any other 60 card format. Someone doesn't just "know" what the best deck is, and even then the best decks can often be metagame'd against. It's not like there's just one good deck. 5c hermit is a meme and is really not that good. I'd honestly say probably, like, Sidisi or some Doomsday deck is probably better than 5c hermit, and there are ways to beat Doomsday decks as well. You can get luck and draw all the sol rings and shit but that applies to any format. Commander isn't well balanced for duels but it doesn't have much to do with the issue that people who want to win will always play whatever they think the best deck is regardless of format.
>>
>>50088237
>COMPLETED

You had one job.
>>
>>50089555
the problem i had with the concept was that there's 40 life to chew through, so all my decks would be heavily disadvantaged (i don't play combo, voltron or infect). also, sol ring and mana crypt being unbanned is really fucking stupid in a singleton format. put any two decently optimized decks together 1v1 and give one of them a mana crypt or a sol ring and see which one has a gigantic advantage. at that point, why even bother having the tournament if both players have like a 13% chance of winning before the game even starts

>hurf durf anyone can draw a sol ring in any format

those aren't typically singleton formats and they don't use 99 card decks

edh works because every spell has to be approved by 3 other players before it resolves, the guy who gets a turn 1 sol ring gets 3 times as much shit on him, and there's 40 life so the game is more about incremental advantages, board control, fun tech and so on, and less about just burning everyone does as soon as possible.
>>
Who is the best commander for low CMC hatebears?
not Grand Arbiter hard control
>>
>>50089778
Gaddock Teeg
>>
>>50089778
a l e s h a

she doesn't usually rush people down or make game-ending plays, but she's very fun to pilot
>>
>>50089778
Selvala, Gaddock Teeg, Anafenza and Karador are all good. Derevi is good at it too, but people will give you shit for it.
>>
>>50089778
Teeg compliments the archetype.

Karador adds black and means they won't be gone long even if they're killed.

Alesha if they're attack bears.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 223x310px
>>50089778
If you can afford him, he's THE hatebear commander.

Otherwise, Thalia or KTK Anafanza
>>
File: 36.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>50086671
Run a RW artifact hate commander deck. Use all the artifact destruction red gives, with white artiact disruption like pic related and
>>50086739
>>
>>50089728
>>hurf durf anyone can draw a sol ring in any format
>those aren't typically singleton formats and they don't use 99 card decks
Yeah, it's honestly probably more likely that people draw their hardcore autowin cards when people can play 4 copies of them in a 60 card deck instead of one in a 99 card deck. I really don't follow your point the way you said it. You made it sound like it was easier, like it was more likely people will draw broken cards together in commander. That doesn't make any sense. Anyway, your other issue was people all just playing the best deck. Every deck can play Sol Ring or Mana Crypt, so those aren't influencing the best decks other than maybe ones who can better use artifact mana which is easily more than one deck, and that sort of deck can be metagame'd against if someone expects that. That's why the logic of criticizing a format because people will just play the best deck is ridiculous. There are many people with many different ideas of what the best deck is.
>>
>>50089884
the problem isn't that it's too easy to draw insta-win cards in edh. it's the fact that it's too hard. when both players have 4 cards that put them in an instant lead in a 60 card deck, then they're more likely both draw one and thus nullify each other's lead. the chance of drawing a mana crypt in edh is 1 in 99 (or rather a bit less every time you thin your deck). the chance of drawing a mana crypt in vintage is 1 in 15. that's quite a difference.

so i don't see the point of the tournament when there's that much randomness at play. if someone lucks out and draws sol ring twice a row in both matches, then he's probably going to win both regardless of who's the better player or who has the better deck. at that point, why bother with the tournament in the first place
>>
>>50089555
I think it is because EDH was designed to be a janky format for multiplayer, so a competitive 1v1 tournament is the exact opposite.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-11-16-vorel/

please rate, keep in mind its supposed to be budgetish
>>
>>50090012
Page not found/10

you forgot to make it public didn't you?
>>
>>50090035
hahaha of course not anon, no one is that stupid right? its probably on your end, why dont you go check again haha...
>>
>>50089970
This logic doesn't make any sense at all, and also does jive with the initial criticism of
>why wouldn't you just play the most greediest combo deck ever that wins by turn 3 or 4 reliably?

Are you saying that because it's less likely to happen, it's less worthy of having a "competitive" 1v1 tournament over it because if someone does get it the other person probably won't get it to counter it? I really don't get it. It's also not like drawing a sol ring is an autowin. It's heavily favoring for sure. But there are a lot fo factors at play. It's possible to have a nuts hand without a sol ring for example. What if someone draws the nuts hand and then the other guy just got a decent hand but it had a sol ring? What if the other person got a cheap artifact removal spell to lose minimum tempo whilst slowing the opponent down? It's not fair to assume it's an autowin. I can agree multiplayer banlist is not well tuned for single player but that doesn't make it unplayable. It just makes it shittier. Why not play another format? Maybe more people have commander decks. Maybe people are intrigued by the deck building challenge. There are many reasons. It's a shittier duel format than, say, vintage or whatever. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done or that its pointless.
>>
>>50090080
my logic makes perfect sense, you're just being a poopyhead
>>
>>50090106
nuh uh
>>
File: 1372822412058.png (112KB, 325x323px) Image search: [Google]
1372822412058.png
112KB, 325x323px
>winning off a Hellkite Tyrant equipped with Blade of Selves

I don't know if I can top this one, lads.
>>
>>50090142
i once won by mill with an endrek deck
>>
>>50090012
>doubling season
>hangarback walker
I think we have different definitions of budgetish. Aside from that, it looks solid. I usually pair Illusionist Bracers with Strionic Resonator, this way I can copy twice almost any ability I have.
Also, look out for Deepglow Skate in the Commander 2016 decks.
>>
Where can I get a new playgroup? I hate mine and I want to beat them senseless with a bat.
>>
>>50090142
>Play Arjun
>Cycle through my deck so many times that I win with Labman
>>
>>50090232
Isn't Hangarback Walker only like 2 bucks
>>
>>50090012
I like it, but it's so fucking cookiecutter as a Simic deck, there's nothing in there that screams "secret tech"
Try Magistrate's Scepter on for size
>>
>>50090286
Oh, the price dropped a lot since the last time I saw it. It used to be $15~20.
>>
>>50090330
Its been kicked out of standard and only saw marginal play outside of it, plus it's been reprinted a couple times
>>
>>50090232
hangarback walker is like 2 buck anon, also i have it from origins
>>
>>50090232
>>doubling season
buy it once, put it in a binder, use it in a million other decks. nothing wrong there
>>
>>50090433
Just because you used it in more decks, it doesn't mean you paid less for it.
>>
>>50090142
>Tutoring out Hellkite Tyrant on t5 and destroying someone's greedy manabase

Zirilan based as fuck
>>
File: 1477812918573.jpg (54KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
1477812918573.jpg
54KB, 640x576px
>>50089261
We think alike. I'm planning to build a titania and that is one of the cards i wrote down.
>>
File: 06GCV-qvOzY.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
06GCV-qvOzY.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>50090142
mfw I do this kind of shit all the time with my Kaalia deck.
>>
>>50090476
i mean you are right but its been something i have been wanting for a while and it works perfectly in this deck. later i can switch it into a super friends deck after i buy the cards for it over the course of 3-4 months
>>
I want to play a deck that just makes everyone hate me. Telepathy, Rhystic Study, Chain of Smog, Exsanguinate, Nevermore, Phyrexian Revoker, Meddling Mage, Pithing Needle, Quicksilver Fountain, and other Esper crap included. Suggestions very welcome.
>>
>>50090142
I will never top killing someone with Commander Damage with Borborygmos after giving him Double Strike, then killing someone with the 6 lands I topped using his damage ability
>>
>>50090618
literally none of these things make me mad. If you want me to hate you play grouphug or chaos.
>>
>>50090618
Sounds like a job for Oloro
>>
>>50089834

Is Teeg that expensive? I think I have one around, maybe I should build him
>>
>>50090618
Just run Mass Removal:The deck.
>>
>>50089284
in that case its just a shit zuran orb
>>
>>50090677

Was going to say, how is going to piss people off without red the ultimate cancer color?
>>
>>50090885
Needs red and blue for Grip of Chaos + Hive Mind
>>
File: 61.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>50090885
It's not a game with Red until you have to play Warioware
>>
>>50090618
Just run all the fast ramp you can put the board on lockdown with tangle wire + smokestack + sundial of the infinite.

Have your upkeep proceed as such
-smokestack counter trigger resolves first, increases
-before anything else resolves, end the turn with sundial.

If you can pull this off by turn 5, you should have the win in the bag because they'll be unable to do much of anything thanks to tanglewire never going down.
>>
>>50090914
There's nothing inherently frustrating about this card unless you sperg out about people not actually hiding items.

I may be biased because I resolved this in a 6 man game and the Ertai Corrupted player had a little bitch fit then declared he was hiding zero items before anyone else could say anything and halved his life total.
>>
>>50089493
I have done tressy, but haven't gotten to testing him yet.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/one-punch-zomb/

It's extra janky and unoptimized right now, but from goldfishing, he seems fun.
>>
>>50090914
Is there such a thing as a Warioware.deck? With just a bunch of chaos cards and minigames? Stuff like Fortune's Favor comes to mind.
>>
File: j9pBDiz.jpg (87KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
j9pBDiz.jpg
87KB, 312x445px
>>50090914
>when a silver border card accidentally gets printed in black border
>>
>>50090996
>https://edhrec.com/commanders/norin-the-wary
Wario the Wary
>>
>>50090973

>There's nothing inherently frustrating about a stupid unhinged card that people feel entitled to play in normal edh that also takes 15 min to resolve

Nice opinion there bro
>>
File: 21289.jpg (42KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
21289.jpg
42KB, 200x285px
>>50091085
15 minutes to resolve you say!?!
>>
>>50091113

Flashbacks are triggering in my mind right now

I'm shaking

I just can't even
>>
>>50082154
Just go for it. She's real fun. Also, Palisade Giant is your friend
>>
File: 1465593957031.jpg (7KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
1465593957031.jpg
7KB, 188x188px
>>50091113
>mfw I used Pyromancer's Goggles to cast it
>>
>>50087805
My cromat is 5 color bad stuff. Its only wincon is maze's end, and I don't have a cheeky way of cheating out all my gates. I've only ever used it 2 or 3 times, and won every time, oddly enough.
>>
>>50091113
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
>>
Would you guys say that the EDH-legal Moxen are worth running? What about Gauntlet of Might/Power/Caged Sun? The latter seem really good in a mono-colored deck but I'm kind of on the fence about moxen
>>
File: gJqN3xPZMg.png (22KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
gJqN3xPZMg.png
22KB, 520x390px
>>50091263
pic related couldn't be more fitting.
>>
>>50077717
Ok /edh/ What is the weakest commander in mtg?
>>
>>50091226
Well, I can't say I knew about that card. Thanks.
>>
>>50091336

Mogis
>>
>>50091304
I mean if you need to generate a SHITLOAD of mana, sure cram as many into a deck as you can.
>>
Guys help

I need some good beaters in mono-red
>>
>>50091362
Why the fuck are you just playing "beaters"
What deck and for what purpose would help a lot.
>>
File: 169.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>50091356
>I mean if you need to generate a SHITLOAD of mana
Yep. All those Equip costs and MLD spells aren't cheap.
>>
>>50091304
Chrome mox and mox diamond are fine. I don't think they're that great, but I prefer not to sacrifice two cards for a little extra fast mana.

Mox Opal is good if you run lots of artifacts and can turn on metalcraft. Otherwise, meh.

Caged Sun and friends, I sort of like. I've had mixed results, so I'm pretty ambivalent.
>>
File: 1367647679652.gif (307KB, 220x236px) Image search: [Google]
1367647679652.gif
307KB, 220x236px
GUYS
which of the precon decks is the most FUN to play with? I need to buy one NOW

fuck single buying faggotry
>>
>>50091336
Probably one of those guys from Legends.
>>
>>50091375
Fair enough, just remember that all the mana doubling is symetrical
>>
I got bored of Brago and dismantled it. Still have the land base and some general staples leftover though. What UW(x) deck should i build next?
>>
>>50091416
I am the only red player.

Although shit could get pretty bananas with a Blood Moon out.
>>
>>50091320
It could be if he had Hive Mind out
>>
>>50091336
I vote Lady Orca
>>
>>50091404
I'm getting atraxa myself and yidris and breya for some friends of mine. These precons are all about their theme, chose which seems most flavorful to you.
>>
File: 1476852109140.gif (1MB, 499x654px) Image search: [Google]
1476852109140.gif
1MB, 499x654px
>>50090142
>down to 1v1
>getting styled on by a blue player
>he taps out to rush out his setup, it's gonna be game in 3 turns, now
>drop my commander, Jolrael and nevvy disk
>>
>>50091336

This dude.
>>
>>50091336
Myojin of the Cleansing Fire or Myojin of Infinite Rage
>>
File: 120.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>50091511
>>
>>50091404
atraxa has more options to which deck theme to go with

Yidris seems random fun

Breya is artifact spaghetti
>>
File: 1470770357216.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1470770357216.gif
178KB, 160x160px
Atraxa deck ladies and gentlemen. Counter exploitation and no I am not getting rid of Snake Cult Initiation it's too damn funny.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-praetors-voltron-esque/

Unpolished as all get out.

superfriends is worst deck type you lazy fucks
>>
>>50091558
Torpor Orb
Sundial
Command Beacon
If you don't have an answer you're deader than shit next turn.
>>
>>50091558

You can play a torpor orb or sundial to negate her etb though. You have to jump through fuckin hoops to actually be able to play him in the first place.
>>
File: 1422621090238.png (168KB, 473x358px) Image search: [Google]
1422621090238.png
168KB, 473x358px
>>50091460
>>50091572

I am huge faggot for artifact bullshit, but hence the problem of choosing between Breya and Daretti2014
>>
>>50091617
Do you want near infinite fuckery or concentrated bullshit, respectively?
>>
>>50091617
I would go with Daretti just because of how awful the four color manabases are, unless you already have the stuff to make them not miserable
>>
>>50091617
>>50091668
Let me rephrase,
Daretti as a deck has been cracked and solved for years.
Breya's deck is Daretti +Esper colored fuckery.
Daretti for pick up and go
Breya for do-it-yourself
>>
>>50091425
Gwafa Hazid
>>
>>50091668
Mostly fun flashy plays I suppose, I want to make my artifact dreams come true in the dumbest form possible

>>50091729
my MTG library is miserable, nonexistent in better terms.

>>50091777
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I GET IT daretti it is then
>>
>>50089343
I put one in my Angry Omnath deck for giggles. 3G for a lightning bolt.
>>
>>50091371
Not the same anon but it's actually for this guy >>50091375

Beaters are a backup plan to suit them up if Godo ends up getting too expensive
>>
>>50091575
Looks fun, but not enough mana fetches and fixing, even for a budget build.
>>
>>50091599
>him
>>
>>50091113
I had a game once where someone had enough mana open to play this, reverberate and increasing vengeance it.

The table scooped.
>>
File: yes.jpg (74KB, 940x345px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
74KB, 940x345px
>>50091916

Yes, him.
>>
>>50091511
>>50091969
You said you can play this guy if you jump through hoops.
How the fuck would you do that?
>>
>>50091969
>Haakon has a sick 1v1 duel with Darien
>Darien's men bumrush Haakon like punks
White confirmed for most dishonorable color
>>
>>50092063
Command beacon.
>>
>>50083871
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-wish-i-could-dream-again/
You may want things like Roon, of the Hidden Realm, Deadeye Navigator, and Venser, the Sojourner to blink stuff like Deepglow skate, flickerwisp, to buff your planeswalkers with more counters or protect them.
Teferi's emblem would be to obtainable with either doubling season or deepglow skate, which could allow you to play planeswalker abilities and ultimates every turn.
>>
>>50089531
Woah how'd you get it to do whole quotes like that? When I enter phrases it splits them up automatically.
>>
>>50084344
>mana ramp into him
>get him out turn 5 easily
>12 commander damage each attack
>swing twice
>>
>>50084344
I maintain that Karrthus is the best dragon commander. I play Scion now because I have a boner for dragons and want them in all colors, but quite frankly I think Kaarthus is more focused and, especially on a budget, easier to pull off. A lot of timmy decks run dragons too so there's a decent chance you'll genuinely be able to use his etb without a gifting card. Plus when's the last time you saw someone running a Kaarthus deck? Probably never (unless it was me)
>>
Honestly a deck I want to build is 5c bullshit Myr, likely no creatures but myr. Just no idea who I'd run as a commander for it. Nothing really screams artifacts in 5c so I was thinking Cromat just for the dumb reason it's Cromat...
>>
Or run aggravated assault and swing once.
>>
>>50092755
Wrong link i think
>>
>>50093298
Reaper king happens to be five colors and an artifact. If nothing else he can be an expensive vindicate yhat likes mirror works, blade of selves, and other cloning or artifact recursion shenanigans.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
Been playing BR Wort, she's fun and all but I feel like I just don't have any impact and struggle early game/mid game until I somehow manage to get her and a sac outlet along with a gobbo tutor like Matron or Recruiter to help fill my hands with goblins, if she stays on the board even.
>>
>>50086880
>>50087010
Aetherflux Reservoir, you can give that 50 damage lifelink. And deathtouch, but why.
You can build her as a sort of lifegain-artifice-politics brew with that as a wincon, it's delicious.
>>
>>50093178

Karrthus is the worst dragon commander for obvious reasons
>>
>>50091575
Bioshift is basically a better fate transfer, exchange the two
>>
>>50093730
>playing shitty Rakdos Wort and not glorious Gruul Wort
>>
>>50093928
>>50093928
Migrate, new thread
>>
>>50093912
Raidmother is (most likely) next on my list. Depending how I feel, it's either going to be her or Ashling.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.