[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 60

File: 23.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Maximum TACTICS edition

Old: >>50077717

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: 1181_alphaauthority.jpg (153KB, 620x451px) Image search: [Google]
1181_alphaauthority.jpg
153KB, 620x451px
Anyone here have/play a Bobo Enraged deck? I'd like some insights as to how it runs for you. I want to make one, but as a person who usually plays voltron and combo generals (Kemba and Kraj), it feels weird to have a commander that instantly signals DEFCON 5.
>>
File: 79.jpg (69KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
79.jpg
69KB, 336x469px
If I use this with an atraxa deck can I jst keep my opponents stuff tapped down forever?
>>
>>50094073
Only if you skip upkeeps with Eon Hub. Otherwise no.
>>
>>50094073

No. They remove all hourglass counters, so it doesn't matter how many there are on each thing.
>>
>>50094073
>remove all hourglass counters
>all
>>
>>50094032
>it feels weird to have a commander that instantly signals DEFCON 5.
DEFCON 5 is the lowest alert level

But I know what you mean. And it's also fucking radical. I don't run Bobo, but you feel like a supervillain when you have a deck that can just annihilate on command
>>
>>50093955
Build Gruul Wort. It is fucking phenomenally fun.
>>
what partners are you going to mix and match?
>>
File: 218.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
218.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>50091113
Why the fuck do people keep mentioning Scrambleverse as annoying to resolve and not Thieves' Auction? Auction involves player choices which will always be slow. SV you just roll a dice, and that's only for NONLAND permanents.

Scrambleverse is fine and a legitimate play for Zedruu players.
>>
>>50094293
I once used thieves auction right as everyone was about to combo off.

We all scrambled to try and get a winning board state.
>>
>>50094293
Speaking of thieves auction, it's hidden tech in angry omnath
>>
File: 179.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
179.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50094032
I run Borborygmos as mostly combo, light voltron.
It's amazing fun but pretty bad. He's an 8 mana removal magnet and just goes up from there. Plus everyone can see what you are doing.

You kinda need certain pieces out to really throw lands at everyone which is a dead giveaway as to when you are gonna throw nonstop.

If your players are pretty casual I would run this. If they are cutthroat/serious just shelf the idea. I only get wins in if people don't pay attention to me. Otherwise I get roflstomped. On the rare occasion I might finish someone off with Seismic Assault.
>>
File: 88.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>50094205
Sidar Kondo + Silas Renn -- Unblockable double striking ninjas, plus "ninjas" like Cold-Eyed Selkie, Augury Adept, Trygon Predator etc.

Tana + Tymna -- Weenie overrun with card draw synergy in the commander slot

Thrasios + whoever -- I want to just run Thrasios Training Grounds.dec. No particular synergy from the other partners except Kydele, might run her or just someone for the additional colours.
>>
>>50094457
I fucking love this card in Azusa.

>tfw when you have this, Gaea's Touch, Oracle of Mul Daya, Exploration, and Azusa out
>>
File: 44.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Worth a slot in Sidisi self mill/reanimation?
>>
>>50094553
I remember cutting it from Rubinia Populate. Too slow.
>>
>>50094463

I wanna Ishai but I cant decide between vial smasher or kraum. vial smasher widens my color pool and adds burn to a 99 counterspell deck.
>>
>>50094638
Reyhan is the obvious partner with Ishai but if you're not running other creatures, Bruse Tarl would be good for finishing your plate with Ishai. Vial Smasher is fine in an instant-speed deck with lots of off-turn plays.
>>
>>50094689

To be fair though, Bruse can partner with anyone.
>>
>chaos warp a guys commander in multiplayer and discorer the beautiful card Lifeline and saccing my goblin matron and mogg war marshal before every end step for free tutors and tokens every end step.

Good lord why have I not seen lifeline abused a lot more?
>>
I'm building my first EDH deck and I'm using Queen Marchesa as my commander. It's nothing special, mostly using a lot of enchantments to barricade myself while I troll my opponents with voting cards and cards that play my opponents against each other. I'm just wondering what some good RBW options I have for fetching lands? I normally play GW which makes grabbing lands a breeze but I'm finding it hard to find some stuff to work into the deck.
>>
File: 1385377250253.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1385377250253.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>50095016
I abused it in my Angus McKenzie deck

>Spore Frog
>Kami of False Hope
>Asceticism
>Enemy has Lifeline and is running aggro
>Laugh
>>
>>50095016
>>Chaos Warp
Do people not know they can return their commander if it gets Tucked?
>>
Pretty new to commander, has Sigarda, Heron's Grace ever seen any results? love g/w humans in every other format
>>
>>50095071
It returned to the commander zone yes but a card from the top still comes in off chaos warp. This happened on MTGO so take that as you will.
>>
>>50095035
There is not a lot, you're going to have to rely on mana rocks for the most part for ramp. Specifically for land, you have Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum, and Knight of the White Orchid as the big ones. Weathered Wayfarer can also help fetch stuff including utility lands, and Land Tax to make sure you make your land drops.
>>
>>50095016

because people are scared of their opponents abusing it
>>
>>50095016
The functional errata makes it work for the whole board. Seems confusing that they would do that.
>>
File: Apocalypse-Hydra-MtG-Art.jpg (231KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse-Hydra-MtG-Art.jpg
231KB, 1000x731px
I want a good ol fashioned big fuckin hydras deck who would be the best Commander for that? Rosheen? Animar? Ulasht?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-voltron-random-counter-stuff/

what do you guys think of my Atraxa voltron/random counter bullshit deck?
>>
File: Gallows at Willow Hill_AVR.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Gallows at Willow Hill_AVR.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>50095073
Its not busted, but it's an amazing mid-tier deck. I absolutely love playing against it.

If you love g/w humans ,you'll love this deck.

Run this card
>>
>>50095347
Maybe that was the original intent, but the wording was messed up/incorrect? I wasn't playing during Urza's so I've no idea how it was 'supposed' to work or worked at the time before the errata.
>>
>>50095073
It's a good deck. It's not going to be backbreakingly powerful, but you can come out of the gate quickly and steal games because people will underestimate you and your commander.

Champion of Lambholt is going to be a very good friend of yours.
>>
>>50095433
Ulasht & Polukanos are good for tribal flavour, otherwise Rosheen is a 4 mana generator for hydras
>>
>>50095588
I think I'll do Ulasht then and put Rosheen in the 99, thanks yo.
>>
>>50095016
i have planned it out for my black recur

it is pretty nice since you can typically get lethal about as soon as it comes out, just from saccing gary or kokusho

>but others get their guys back too

literally who cares, they won't have sac outlets and you will fuck them up faster using your free tutors, lifegain and other stuff you get from your endless etbs/ltbs
>>
File: 1465419960511.png (958KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
1465419960511.png
958KB, 1000x731px
>>50095433
>>
File: Image-1.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
Hey guys!
So I was trying out pic related as my commander on xmage recently and am really enjoying it!
The low threat level it provides by being beneficial too everyone lets me get away with alot. :D
And who doesn't like free cards and almost guaranteed land drops?!

Anyway, any of ye guys have recommendations for this bad boy? Want to keep it less group hug and more shenanigans
>>
>>50096387
Library of Leng is a lot of fun when combined with Windfall effects
>>
Atraxa + Decree of Silence sounds fun. I had success using in Hanna, though Atraxa can't return it from the GY
>>
>>50096789
Decree dies when it gets too many counters, so proliferate seems pretty bad unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>50096814
Oh right. Derp. I thought it started with 3. Never mind lol
>>
Just got done playing a game on xmage with my Intet deck I posted yesterday and realized it plays like fair Narset but with access to cascade. This deck is so much fun and Rashmi is actually a powerhouse. Link for anyone who wants to see the list (I'm taking out see the unwritten soon btw) http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-wish-i-could-dream-again/
>>
File: 1469505209306.jpg (558KB, 1007x811px) Image search: [Google]
1469505209306.jpg
558KB, 1007x811px
For shits and giggles, i want to create a jojo themed EDH deck for casual funsies. Not sure where to start but here are some commanders that i have in mind:

>Iroas, God of Victory
Gives creatures menace with a straightforward strategy of just beating people with creatures.

>Geist of Saint Traft
Pretty much the most flavorful one seeing as it's a creature who summons a stand.

>Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
Bolster all day.
>>
>>50096956
Experiment Kraj is the closest you'll get to ultimate Kars
>>
>>50096956
Where's your Stangg faggot?
>>
>>50095515
>>50095347

There was no functional errata, it was always intended to be symmetrical, the intended reading of the original wording was for each creature that died, its owner would read this card and see that the creature is supposed to return from "my graveyard"
>>
Does anyone have experience playing as\against Karametra? I want to ramp up my game.
>>
>>50097333

Yes, what questions do you have?

Karametra is pretty solid as a ramp commander, GW is a good combination for versatile and cheap removal and also good ways for dealing with board wipes, which are the natural enemy of a creature ramp deck, you have good recursion stuff in both colors, but you also have white's ghostway/eerie interlude and such
>>
>Just preordered the whole set for $135

Why did I spend this money...
>>
>>50097476

To support wizards?
>>
>>50096941
How do you win with that deck?
>>
>>50097378
How different do the games feel? I played Rhys for the longest time so I have the colours but every game felt the same. Just make tokens-tap Rhys- overwhelm.
>>
>>50094032
You gotta really ramp outta control to get him out asap. Once hes out just slap on a keen senses and play some damage doublers and you'll be fine
>>
>>50098008

Explain what you mean by "the same"

I mean every magic is the same in some sense, if your deck does a thing then you want it to do that thing every game and the only times it doesn't happen is when your opponents shut you down or you get mana screwed occasionally
>>
>>50098088
Not really sure myself to be honest. I guess I just want multiple win-conditions and ways to affect the board. Need to think this through, thanks for the help.
>>
If I want to play as many spells as possible all the time, which commander has good synergies with that strategy ? Mizzix ?
>>
I'm having trouble deciding what commander I want to build next. I'd like another irl deck to build, as I only have the Meren I started with. I've built several decks online, but I never had the urge to build them irl except for Daxos of Meletis, who I ended up not building anyway. I'm trying to stay a little budget (college is expensive yo). I was also thinking about doing monocolor, but I have no idea what way to go. Basically, I'd like to hear what you all like and see what appeals to me.

Considering:
Angry Omnath - landfall + elemental tribal
Zada - combat tricks and pump
Daxos Returned - echantments
Alesha - hatebears
Hanna - maybe stax
Living Sidisi - grave shit
Mike - combo
Newzuri - evolve/counters
Kruphix - fun stuff/Helix Pinnacle
>>
>>50098292
Mizzix for efficiency and reliability, Melek for 50/50 of flashy wins pulled out of your ass and getting bullied out of the game before you cast your commander.
>>
>>50098315
If you can protect her, Mizix gets out of control stupid fast.

Then you mizix mastery/Past in Flames for game.
>>
>>50098304
Phenax - Milling
Just watch the butthurt roll in
>>
>>50098477
I don't see that working very well in multiplayer. And one guy in my group plays Daretti with heavy artifact recursion.
>>
File: 19.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>50098304
>>
>>50098304
Daxos Returned is really boring. You just put vanilla creatures on the battlefield and they get blocked by tokens or mass removed. I personally dislike enchantment decks, because having many different effects that can be triggered on the battlefield can get tedious and confusing in multiplayer games.

Sidisi is fun, I play the non-tribal version. Your graveyard gets huge though and you have to constantly sort it and count the cards in it for various effects.
>>
Just built my first commander deck. Ishkanah, Grafwidow in a dilerium flavor rather than tribal spiders. Are there any must have cards for either styles? Another way to play her that'll be fun?
Playgroup only gets mildly salty over cheese if she's any good.
>>
>>50098845
Sidisi looks fun, but I don't have many ideas beyond grave stuff, which I adjust have in Meren. Do you have a list I can see for ideas?
>>
>>50098477
>Ulamog/Kozilek gets milled

Either you play Oona or you have instant speed grave hate/stifle/trickbind before you start milling. Non exile mill is shit mostly because everyone is packing one of these two fuckers.
>>
>>50099146
What are your delirium payoffs? I can really only think of Traverse, Emrakul, and Ishkanah herself, none of which are fantastic. I wouldn't bother with spiders beyond Arachnogenesis and Spider Spawning.

With delirium, she goes infinite with Nim Deathmantle and Ashnod's Altar, but what doesn't.

Personally, I'd probably build her like a Mazirek/Savra tokens and sacrifice value deck, making sure I included all the gross-looking insects like Gleancrawler and Caustic Wasps.
>>
>>50099273
Any good Phenax deck should have instant speed graveyard hate due to the amount of recursion in EDH.
Also things like Bribery and Praetor's Grasp can somewhat work as a way to remove Eldrazi titans.
Also Leyline of the Void isn't a bad inclusion.
>>
>>50099226
No list, sorry. There isn't really anything beyond grave stuff, that's all the commander does. You could add Zombie tribal though. I had a Meren deck too, but I found her boring, so I took the deck apart and put her in my Sidisi deck.
>>
>>50099302
I have Emmy with a bunch of grave retrieval, zombie stuff to go with and emerge. Threw it together with a bunch of draft winnings, but I wouldn't mind looking at those and dropping some money for her

my autism makes off set decks difficult to build
>>
Any spicy Lazaav tech? I don't need more steal shit effects, maybe mana fixing options to get him out quickly? I'm running a nonwincon mill and discard setup with most of my removal being bounce. The goal is to see my opponents hand, fuck up their curve, then drop Lazaav and cherry pick a target for him.
>>
>>50099337
I figured. I'm getting a little bored of Meren myself, so I might take apart for Sidisi or I'll finish upgrading her and move on to something gimmicky like Zada.
>>
ODRIIIIIIIIIIIC, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODRIIIIIIIIIIIC, COME HERE BOY
>>
File: YOU EITHER RIDE OR YOU DIE.jpg (28KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
YOU EITHER RIDE OR YOU DIE.jpg
28KB, 200x285px
>>50098304
Angry Omnath is super fun, especially as a landfall + elemental tribal. There's lots of good land effects that you can stick in there and most elementals have some sort of funky/jank portion to them so each game is different.
Storm Cauldron is a personal favorite, even though around my area it always eats removal early on.
>>
How do you win with a group hug deck?
>>
File: 44.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>50099370
Limiting yourself to both Innistrad blocks is probably doable, though you are losing out on a lot of great BG cards. Using only Shadows and Eldritch Moon would be rough.

You could still do a sacrifice deck, but your payoffs would be Blood Artist and cards with Morbid, like Skirsdag High Priest. Upside, almost all the best zombies are from Innistrad.

I know it's Conspiracy, but if you can stretch to accommodate pic related, it's pretty great value. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>50099646
Combo would be preferable, but mill by drawing is the most common I've seen, and it's terrible.

You could use Hive Mind and lock down the table with Enduring Ideal, or try and kill them with pacts. Dovescape and a bunch of stax, things like that.

Group hug tends to get you targeted, especially if you're running all the chaos cards. It's only fun once in a while, and if everyone knows what you're up to, you'll just get knocked out first. Or they'll kick a sadistic sacrament and strip all your wincons.

Don't play group hug.
>>
>>50099825
Lol delete this
Does anyone have a good list for Alesha control?
All i ever see anyone do is just spam tokens and thats what i do with my Teysa deck
>>
>>50099779
Thanks for a good run down, highly appreciated!
>>
>>50094503
I assume you know she it's illegal, right?
>>
So, which of the following decks should I build as my casual/less cruel deck? I've got Ertai the Corrupted if I want to be a dick, but what's a good, different option?
>Gisa and Geralf zombie tribal
>Ruric Thar stompy
>Surrak Dragonclaw stompy-with-blue
>Tana the Bloodsower/Sidar Kondo tokens
>Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh BURN EVERYTHING
Any interesting ideas I didn't list?
>>
So I am just getting into magic and I wanted to ask where people would recommend buying cheap singles from? I used to use trollandtoad back in the day for other stuff but are there any other sites nowadays considered better, especially those with UK shipping.
>>
>>50099226
I play Sidisi dredge. She's combo aggro for me.
>>
>>50099847
Use creatures with etb effects.
>>50099932
Tana/sidar and chandra look like the most casual
>>
>>50100048
Now that I'd like to see.
>>
>>50095035
this is me again. I finished putting the deck together last night and I'm looking for some feedback. I was mostly going for a deck where I can maintain the Monarchy, keep myself defended, and make my opponents decide how they get effected by my cards through Council cards, Mogis and Athreos

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-queens-court-3/
>>
Bant Enchantress.

Ishai+Thrasios or Derevi.

Looking to Auratron while making big mana on the side. Both options fit the bill.

Who should I pursue?
>>
>>50100467
Auratron on a non-hexproof critter is kinda risky. Also Derevi is gonna get you targeted all the time, I think Ishai+Thrasios is the best option. Gives space for shenanigans.
>>
>>50097676
Just extra turn beat downs with Intet and sometimes one or two other creatures mostly
>>
>>50099979
Magiccardmarket.eu is king in Europe today.
>>
>>50100467

The best bant enchantress commander for aura voltron is rafiq

Enchantress with a different theme than aura voltron is more flexible though and you can use whatever commander
>>
File: Rashmi, Eternities Crafter_KLD.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter_KLD.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Friends just started wanting to play commander. I play with a few people who are new and just netdeck everything. I'm not into blowing $200 on a deck. I drew a Rashmi in a casual draft and have maybe half the UG cards to make her deck. Is she competitive without dropping a bunch of cash on Force of Will, Ancestral Vision, Sensei's Divining Top or expensive flash cards like Vendilion Clique? Do I need Leyline of Anticipation and Momir to even run her smoothly?

Any advice is appreciated. If I had to spend between $10 and 30 on one card for the deck which is the best?
>>
>>50100530
I liked the idea of Derevi for her BS uncounterable instant speed etb.

I initially wanted Bird+Fish because they both serve as a plan. Can I suit up Ishai with hexproof and various buffs? Do I have Miraris Wake/Mana Reflection/Zendikar Resurgant? They both can be utilized depending on the situation.

>>50100626
I tried Rafiq Auratron but the problem is that he just works infinitely better with Equipment. That and he has no built in evasion so you're relying more heavily on Trample/Flying Auras. Yes you can get there sonetimea but he is far more glass cannon and unnecessary.
>>
>>50100467
Between those options, certainly Bird & Fish. Derevi doesn't really further the enchantress goal and will just get you targeted. And I suppose Thrasios directly benefits from the big mana.

Rafiq and Jenara more specifically benefit from aura voltron. The latter also provides a mana sink if you're going big.
>>
>>50100739
Force of Will is a great card, and should be run if you have it, but the pricetag is steep because of the need for turn 1 counters in Legacy. Once an edh game gets passed the first few turns, the 0 mana alternate cost isn't always relevant. Especially in green where you get access to a lot of ramp so it's not difficult to leave mana open for counterspells.

have you looked at edhrec for Rashmi?
As for Leyline, Vedalken Orrey does the same thing but without the "before the game" clause, and costs half as much as leyline.

good cheap cards are Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. Easy to cast with delve, and massive CMC.

Use things to view the top card of your library, like future fight and Oracle of Mul Daya.
>>
File: 1476559643234.jpg (45KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476559643234.jpg
45KB, 650x650px
>>50100739
Luckily for you, UG is the most consistent color combo in EDH. The only thing you lack are efficient kill spells. You can build her pretty liberally and it will still probably come out decently. Competitive? Depends on how much you're wrong to drop on big stuff. Fun and lots of options? You bet your sweet bippy.
>>
>>50099891
>I assume you know she it's illegal, right?
>she it's

huh

>illegal

how?
>>
>>50100842

Idk what that guy has been told but storm cauldron and Azusa are both legal in edh and even French edh as well
>>
>>50099932
Build Tana/Sidar and report back.
>>
>>50100842
Ignore him she isnt banned shes just really good.
>>
>>50099646
Combo off. Don't be a faggot and draw things out more than necessary.
>>
>>50100827
>Overpowered and degenerate? You bet your sweet bippy.

FTFY
>>
>>50100821
I looked through a couple sample builds. I already had some of the cheaper cards like reclaim, noxious revival, etc laying around. I just am missing some expensive pieces like scroll rack, sylvian library, Sensei's, Leyline, etc.

I thought about getting dig thru time and treasure cruise. Already have Snag, Gush, and Invigorate but not sure of I have room for all 3.

I have some random cards in to fill gaps. Not sure if they're good enough. Yavimaya's Embrace, Shielding Plax, Veil of Secrecy, Wonder

>>50100827
Yea, UG are tough on kill spells. I was thinking of putting money into Song of the Dryad and Beast Within. I personally like Snakeform a lot since you can run it in monogreen but it might fit in UG too since it's a cantrip Turn to Frog. Gives me even more card advantage with Rashmi.
>>
File: 33.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>50100739
For jank
>>
>>50100739
You can run it smooth without spending so much. A good rule of thumb is to only buy expensive cards if they are key cards in your deck, for example, I think Sensei's Divining Top is a great card because of the synergy it has with rashmi, I would consider it more important than FoW or Vendilion Clique.

Aside from that, look out for cards with Delve, Emerge, and maybe Miracles if you have enough top deck control. Momir Vig works well with Rashmi, try to get one too.
>>
>>50101054
Thanks, that actually could fill for Sensei's. Already have a soothesaying so maybe this and a brainstorm along with courser of kruphix and skill borrower will be enough top deck manipulation
>>
>>50101053
>Yea, UG are tough on kill spells
Not even, really. Pongify, Rapid Hybridization, Reality Shift, etc. etc. Good ol' blue.
>>
>>50098304
I have built budget decks for Angry Omnath and Zada if you would like to reference them for ideas.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ragin-omanth-and-the-elemental-wrath/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/welcome-to-the-meat-grinder/
>>
>>50101079
Since I already have soothsaying I was thinking Layline or Vedalken Orrery might be more pressing. I was thinking of buying Momir, Orrery, Song of Dryad, and Eternal Witness then just resting on the strength of cards I already own
>>
>>50101113
Or could run the budget version of top which is Crystal Ball. It's no top but Scry is better than rearranging.
>>
>>50101079
Sensei's divining top also has the benefit of slotting into most decks in EDH. So if you decide to build another deck, you can salvage some pieces from Rashmi.
>>
>>50101257
I actually like scry a lot so this might be better than Descendant of Soramaru

>>50101273
I'm playing with the idea of forgoing song of the dryad for Sensei's. Sensei's costs twice as much but Song doesn't seem to do much more than go around indestructable for the price point. Also Sensei's works so well with Rashmi since you can always make it cast itself for free
>>
>>50094073
See I really fucking hate wording like this. A card should only ever account for what the card itself does. There should be no reason this says "all."
>>
>>50101406
I don't really understand your complaint. Card works fine as worded.
>>
>>50101438
I'm talking wording in general. That card only puts one time counter on a permanent so it should assume only one counter and only remove one counter. There are cards out there mostly new ones that are worded specifically to stop interesting combos and interactions and its bullshit.
>>
>>50095463
please reply
>>
File: 1464094527483.png (57KB, 184x185px) Image search: [Google]
1464094527483.png
57KB, 184x185px
What are some good cards in Azami? I already know about Intruder Alarm and Mind Over Matter but I really don't care to go infinite.
>>
I know this isn't strictly the tight place to ask,but it is at least somewhat related.

How do you guys run xmage? I've downloaded the file and extracted it, but there is no executable file for me to run. I literally can't launch the program. None of the tutorials I've found online have helped me with this issue.
>>
>>50101560
Here's my list if you want some help.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azamis-robe-of-secrets/
>>
>>50100739
I haven't made her into a commander but the land base, like shock land and fetches, are cards I recommend you to pick up in case you don't have them. Lands are some of the cards that can be easily transferred to different commanders(depending on the color and/or function)
>>
>>50101126
Don't forget Cyclonic Rift, which just returns things to your opponents' hands so it's totally fair.
>>
So I'd like to use Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix and Vial-Smasher the Fierce as Partner commanders.

The theme for the deck is Wheels feat. Soldier of Fortune.

Is it possible to avoid making it a boring Nekusar/Arjun/Niv-Mizzet/Leovold deck?
>>
>>50101593
What OS are you running?
>>
>>50101857
Win10

>inn4 Win10

I know I know
>>
>>50101903
Same. It didn't work for me either. Make a batch (.bat) file in the same directory as your Xmage jar file that you downloaded and type this into it.

start javaw -jar XMageLauncher-0.3.8.jar

Then make a shortcut to it and it should work fine, provided you installed java already.
>>
File: Cosi's Trickster_ZEN.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Cosi's Trickster_ZEN.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>50101833
Use this as your wincon
>>
File: yidrismaelstromwielder.jpg (144KB, 1199x722px) Image search: [Google]
yidrismaelstromwielder.jpg
144KB, 1199x722px
At last, my abomination is complete! Behold this idiocy!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/madness-at-the-core-of-alara/
>>
>>50101935
Hmm I'll try that once I get home, thanks anon!

Any recommendations for fun commanders that can still win? I play kaalia of the vast and I either get targeted into oblivion or people whine the second I do literally anything.

>"Oh wow dark steel plate and a mother of runes, I didn't want to have fun anyway"
>>
>>50100989
It's only degenerate if you build it that way. And I never said it wasn't after all.
>>
File: 1461821364850.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
1461821364850.gif
3MB, 200x170px
>>50101968
>average cmc of 5.14
>literally no pieces of ramp, not even a sol ring
>>
>>50101983
I find it silly that you are allowed colorless cards in commander anyway. If the point of commander is to have a flavor based gametype where you are restricted by your commander's colors then why allow everyone to load up on the same cards like lightning greaves or darksteel plate? I get that some commanders rely on artifact mechanics but ot would improve the diversity of commander decks more by removing artifacts and colorless cost spells
>>
>>50101150
Thanks, anon. I'll take a look.
>>
>>50102082
No. Any green based deck would have an inherent ramp advantage than any other deck. Green would dominate any meta.
>>
>>50102082
I think it's far too limiting to omit all colorless cards. That basically bars nearly all of the fun artifacts.
>>
>>50102082
This is a silly, terrible opinion. Colourless cards exist to ensure a level playing field. While people argue all day about what a "competitive meta" is made up of, in general, colourless decks are one of the weakest archetypes. They do a few neat things, like colourless ramp and have fuckhuge hilarious beaters, but apart from that, there are glaring weaknesses. In general, colourless lacks efficient draw power and removal, which is pretty difficult to overcome. Now why does this matter? Because if you use a colourless deck as the barometer for how efficient your deck is relative to your budget, you can very accurately determine how strong your deck is, and what areas it need improvement. In general, ignoring a deck filled with hilarious expensive broken artifacts, you will notice that every colour has cheaper more efficient options for certain strategies. Choosing a colour implies that you're aware of the card pool available, and want to make a deck that can't be accomplished as easily in other colours. If the generic artifact version of your deck is better, your deck is hilariously bad. You can supplement a flawed concept deck with quality artifacts, and this is part of what makes EDH so fun. Basically anything can be playable at mid-tier with enough time and resources.
>>
>>50101833
Probably since you have access to green.
>>
>>50102082
Because colorless isn't a color and isn't restricted by identity.
Is this what people terrible at the game actually believe. That the biggest problem facing EDH is fucking artifacts and colorless creatures?

What about adaptive automaton? He's manmade, can't your general 'flavorfully' have built one.
>>
>>50101983
Use degenerate field wipes, mana rocks, exile graveyard, and reanimation spells with kaalia. It was fun and hated.
What colors are you looking at for your next commander?
>>
>>50102082
I agree, no colorless cards should be allowed in commander.
Because who the fuck needs lands.
>>
File: 1477792233520.jpg (128KB, 1048x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477792233520.jpg
128KB, 1048x720px
>>50102082
That's a quick way to kill WR for edh.
>>
>>50100187
Here's my list; the inspiration came after a friend told me I couldn't make a dredge EDH deck. The deck is my pride (I go wide with decks, not tall so I have my money spread over 8 decks) so I'm glad someone else expressed interest in it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/golgari-recycling-center-1/
>>
File: Horde_of_Notions.jpg (72KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
Horde_of_Notions.jpg
72KB, 640x474px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/for-the-horde-of-notions-2/

Just ordered this deck. My playgroup is super casual with two people using precons. Are they going to hate me or have fun?
>>
File: MZVig9LbLK_EN.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
MZVig9LbLK_EN.png
177KB, 265x370px
>>50101968

Needs more ramp or get some lower mana "wacky" cards. You won't get to cast the big ones otherwise.

You need at least some protection (like Boompile), to reset the board, because people will hate you out, if they feel that you are an easy target fucking around.

I would suggest buying some additional "chaos" cards, to switch out ones tat you have already used in your playgroup. Because getting a Warp World out once is fun just for the spectacle, but your friends will get annoyed by it the second or jesus, the third time.

Maybe some wheel effects. It fucks with people's brain when they have planned out what to do with their hand only to have that plan thrown away.

On a side note, if any one is interested in a "chaos-y" Yidris reanimator deck, check out my prototype (need to cut some cards).

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/yidris-chaos-reanimator/
>>
>>50102366
My kaalia list is pretty ruthless, because it fucking has to be. I get picked on from turn 1 by anyone who even bothered to read her, so I include cards that tell the entire board to fall in a hole. Armageddon makes everyone and his grandmother rage.

As for colors, I kind of like everything. I'm not a huge fan of mono colored decks or anything group hug. My favorite color combos are probably : GW, GR , UR, WR
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/star-crossd/

Thoughts?
>>
>>50102082
You do realize lands are colorless, right?
>>
>>50102162
I get that. I mentioned it is probably too restrictive. It's just tiring seeing so many decks recycling the same artifacts and that both reduces diversity and kills the flavor of the gametype

>>50102255
That has more to do with wizards inability to balance correctly. Seems like artifacts are just patches to balance between colors

>>50102328
>colorless isn't a color
Your point? Instead of exclusive "You can't use cards outside identity" it can be inclusive "You can only use cards within identity"

Also I never said it was the main or even a major issue. I simply lamented that it waters down flavor and it makes some cards too common in decks (ie. Lightning Greaves, Darksteel Plate, Skullclamp, Darksteel Ingot, Sol Ring)
>>
>>50102593
You realize Commander has specific rules for lands already right?
>>
>>50102478
Thanks, I'll have to give this a look. I'll probably try it out on xmage.
>>
To be fair the most powerful color in Magic has been, and will always be, Brown.
>>
>>50102669
And those rules don't interact with plenty of lands.
>>
>>50101486
Oh, I see, so preventing proliferate from being able to play with it. I agree. I think maybe they just felt it was cleaner.
>>
>>50102757
And? You could easily make a rule saying lands have a color identity of the mana symbol they produce for the matter of inclusion in commander color identity pallette. There are tons of ways to make a rule allowing or disallowing land inclusion.
>>
File: force_of_will.jpg (58KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
force_of_will.jpg
58KB, 251x356px
>>50100821
Nice. Because of your post I looked up Force of Will and found out that the four I got of pic related are actually worth 10€ each.
>>
>>50095463
Elecutors won't win you any games without even more focus on proliferate
Not sure whether Elesh Norn is really all that complimentary
Etched Oracle is overly cute when you have blue
Lux Cannon is overly cute when you have black/white
Herald of War won't really help you that much
Power Conduit's weak
Titan Forge sucks, too much work for a fatty without trample

I'd say if you wanna go voltron, go voltron, cut the cute proliferate cards and run more good equipment. I assume you don't have a Jitte? No sources of double strike?
>>
>>50099646
You play Divine Intervention and drink all the delicious tears.
>>
File: 1469213417150.jpg (31KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
1469213417150.jpg
31KB, 960x685px
>>50103159
>Divine Intervention

>mfw playing this card with Vampire Hexmage
>>
File: wut.gif (40KB, 243x236px) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
40KB, 243x236px
>>50103159
>the game is a draw.
>>
>>50103223
Everybody gets to lose
>>
>>50103232
Just like outside the game!
>>
>>50103199
Vampire Hexmage is my single most favorite tech card in all of Magic
>>
>>50102559
Thassa seems like it should already be in the deck, and day of the dragons seems not great.

Venser is good for your small etb theme

Maybe enchanted evening?
>>
>>50102839
And colourless utility lands would be illegal in literally every relevant deck ever? Can we also ban colour producing artifacts in colourless decks? Ingot and Lotuses cannot produce colorless mana afterall.
>>
File: 231.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
231.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50102559
Thought about Sovereigns of Lost Alara?
No bouncy enchantments like Flickering Ward, Shimmering Wings, Gossamer Chains etc. to do with enchantress effects?
No Battle Mastery?
End Hostilities seems like a weird wrath choice in a deck with Bestow. No Winds of Rath?
Haunted Platemail is nice equip that is also a body that dodges wraths
Strionic Resonator copies a lot of effects

Some weak choices here too, like Hoplite, Alseids, Archetype of Courage, etc. I'd consider adding more "ninjas" like Cephalid Constable, etc.
>>
>>50102641
I agree with your opinion but only because people treat a segment of their decks as auto include so it meses with originality. I don't like the fact that 15 slots of my deck are already decided as well as autoinclude lands and color specific spells.
I do pretty much original lists but only when I'm passing a specific playgroup otherwise you get murdered. this is how commander becomes legacy...
>>
>>50102686
Best of luck m8
>>
>>50102526
It's just not a whore of notions deck without buried alive. Nameless inversion is pretty useful too.
>>
>>50102559
Unquestioned Authority, Spirit Mantle, shielded by faith and Oblivion Ring > Banishing Light in all aspects except flavor
>>
>>50103540
>buried alive
I fucking knew I was forgetting something. Thanks anon. Also Inversion is alright, but just seems subpar compared to crib swap.
>>
>>50103667
Inversion's upside is the extra utility. A horde player in my group before the store closed would often use it to pump horde up and there were times where horde killed people via commander damage thanks to that boost. Sniping off chumps and prophets (when that was relevant) was also very very useful
>>
How can I stomp an annoying Sliver Overlord deck while playing Mono-B? Please help me out
>>
>>50103704
Fuck me, that is cool. Now I gotta find two slots, this sucks.
>>
>>50093928

I run him in my main deck and he almost never pops up, but when he does, oh boy. Only card (save a few nonbasics) that has been in the deck since it's inception, including the commander.
>>
>>50102687
Correct

Mono-brown enables so much bullshit and it's the best
>>
>>50103789
Contamination + token generator
>>
File: 1478296394795976.gif (996KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478296394795976.gif
996KB, 333x250px
>>50102531
I really want to play this card. It's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>50103438
I have flickering ward and think I will put it in. Hoplite was definitely just a filler card I put in for lols, while Alseids is mainly for flavour. End Hostilities could be swapped out for Wrath of God straight up, I think. I don't have the other cards you mentioned, but I could certainly work on getting better cards for it. Other options for the deck are Flickerwisp, Monk Idealist, Celestial Ancient, Curse of Inertia, Control Magic and Thalia, Heretic Cathar.
>>
>>50103864
At the very least, it gives monoB and monoR another cheap out to enchantments (and artifacts in B's case).
>>
File: Gate to Phyrexia.jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Gate to Phyrexia.jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>>50103903
>(and artifacts in B's case).
Step up senpai
>>
>>50102082
I find it silly that you are allowed colorless cards in magic anyway. If the point of magic is to have a flavor based gametype where you are restricted by your deck's colors then why allow everyone to load up on the same cards like lightning greaves or darksteel plate? I get that some colored cards rely on artifact mechanics but it would improve the diversity of decks more by removing artifacts and colorless cost spells.
>>
>>50103950
I used to play this in my Mike deck. Literally never drew it when I needed it and always drew it when I didn't. Think I played dozens of games with it and triggered it once. Just replaced it with another combo piece.
>>
>>50103864
I have so many things I want to build, but why does "Norin, the Wacky" always looks like the funniest option?
>>
>>50103408
>in literally every relevant deck ever
>he plays competitive commander
>>
>>50101126
beast within, terrastodon
>>
>>50102315
What cards do you suggest from Green that could spice things up for wheels.dec?
>>
>>50103457
That was my entire point. At least someone understands
>>
>>50104207
Terastodon isn't creature removal
>>
>>50103847
bitter blossom works best for me
>>
>>50101614
>>50101560

You're missing like a bunch of my favorite wizards, martyr of frost, voidmage prodigy, venser, shaper savant, sage of epityr

But on the other hand I haven't been able to get my hands on a sower of temptation or a magus of the future, so I'm jealous of those
>>
>>50103457
>>50104444
You guys are pretending like there's a problem with colorless spells in general when there isn't one. Yes Sol Ring goes in every deck and might deserve a ban, but otherwise, there are no other auto-includes in every deck.

And you know what colors don't need artifact help? UGx. So now you've created even more of an imbalance. What's your solution? Make R&D print cards that they wont?
>>
>>50105364

they could give Boros some card draw & ramp and everyone would be happy. Red and white bois can't compete with BUG!
>>
>>50103993

>I have so many things I want to build, but why does "Norin, the Wacky" always looks like the funniest option?

because you have brain cancer
>>
File: PossibilityStorm.jpg (105KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
PossibilityStorm.jpg
105KB, 550x300px
>>50105534
You are right, I do, and I want to make sure everyone else gets a taste of it.
>>
Norin players are budget stax players. The same lame attitude of not wanting others to play the game, but with a lean wallet. Stop hiding behind "it's fun and random".
>>
File: 1476145719057.gif (122KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476145719057.gif
122KB, 400x400px
My playgroup has gotten really, really, REALLY combo happy all of a sudden. Whether or not it's everybody's main wincon or not, the last five or so games I've played were all decided by whoever went off while the rest were tapped out.

Aside from the obvious (counterspells), what are some good anti-combo pieces I should slot into my existing decks to even the score a bit?
>>
>>50105837
what kind of combos are we talking?
"How do I stop combo" doesn't mean much when there's a bunch of different combos that can lead to victory.
>>
>>50101486
>card

I think it prevents the card from becoming a brutal stax piece, so I'm OK with it. Maybe they didn't want it to work with anything like proliferate in the future.
>>
>>50105869
Every sort, really. Self-mill with labman, Nim Deathmantle reanimation/life loss, etc. I guess giving myself hexproof would help a lot in general to avoid being targeted by the life loss or any infinite damage spells, but that doesn't quite get all five colors.
>>
File: 1422385719193.png (341KB, 565x272px) Image search: [Google]
1422385719193.png
341KB, 565x272px
>Played 5 games at my FLGS, each game my two opponents used different decks
>Each one was them just setting up an infinite combo by turn 4 or 5 (using very expensive cards to really cut corners)
>By the end I was saving counterspells to stop the big combos, but it just turned into counterspells countering counters countering counters.

I'm not normally one to bitch about combos, and I by no means have problems with winning by methods outside of combat/burn. But it really felt like 3 people playing different games of solitaire at the same table and proved to be rather boring.
>>
File: 6.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>50102082
What if I play a colorless deck though?
>>
I don't see many decks running Treasure Cruise. Why is that? I feel like it would be really good in EDH.
>>
>>50104024
>he plays only meme commander with muh 5 cent junk rares format argument
>>
>>50105925

Giving yourself hexproof doesn't help against kokusho and Gary, does help against blood artist and disciple of the vault though I suppose

Not optimal
>>
>>50106084
It's the latter for that one deck, thank god nobody's sprung for a Kokusho just yet. But hexproof is only really available in white or as a 5 drop artifact. Ugh.
>>
>>50105965

That's a good question, definitely a powerful card, and it's a staple in top tier French edh blue decks, but for some reason I don't see it as much in edh

Probably because fetchlands are less common, like even if your deck has a crazy manabase, it's still a way lower percentage of your lands that are fetches than in modern/legacy/vintage, so it's possible for treasure cruise to be stuck costing like 4 mana in the midgame, especially if you're have a permanent heavy draw as opposed to heavy instants and sorceries draw

I'd say it's insanely good in a self mill deck and also insanely good in a spellslinger deck, but just solid in a more balanced, average deck, so maybe people feel like leaving it out
>>
>>50106131
I just got done looking at a bunch of Sidisi decks, and not one has it on it, which baffled me. It seems like the perfect deck for it considering the self-mill options.
>>
>>50106163

According to EDHREC from 919 decks on TappedOut 19% run it, which is surprisingly low.
>>
>>50105925
It really depends on the combos, labman is easily dealt with a simple kill spell, Nim Deathmantle can be usually stopped with either artifact removal or graveyard disruption.

Basically, the only way to make sure that no one combos is by going absurdly control.
>>
>>50106050
It's funny, because my 2 main commanders are Kaalia and Meren.
>>
>>50105454
White has a few ramp cards
>>
>>50105952
Then you can have colorless since your commander is colorless
>>
>>50105837
>>50105869
Watch how those combos win and try to find ways to disable them.

Otherwise, what does a combo need to win?
Consistency.
What's the best way to take consistency and fuck it sideways?
Chaos.

Build the chaos deck. Make them cry.
Scrambleverse.
Warp World.
Thieves' Auction.
!!FUN!!
>>
>>50106331
>Kaalia
>competitive
Same goes for Meren too to be honest. Meren is good, but it feels like deck relies on her too much. Most competitive decks don't rely on their commanders and the power is in the 99.
Still, best way to win is not to rely on permanents.
>>
>>50106395
I feel like Meren is either a thought-trap or a card that suffers from slot syndrome.

She promotes the idea of running less recursion and more goodstuff because she herself is exceptional recursion, so people just aren't doing that or the deck doesn't have the space to do everything it needs to do consistently- it may very well come down to trying to fit three major things:
- Protect Meren (not easy, best you can do is regenerate and stuff)
- Recur sans Meren (easy enough in her colors, but could be seen as a waste of card slots)
- Goodstuff for Meren (the stuff that does stuff in your deck, rather than keeping pace

Though, it's possible that even a deck that can protect and/or forget her is still too focused on Meren. A third option might be trying to include other small engines in the 99, where applicable.
>>
File: Witchbane Orb_ISD.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Witchbane Orb_ISD.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>50106115
>>50106115
4 actually
>>
>>50106349
Colorless really isn't that much of a problem in EDH. Especially when you consider that commanders like Muzzio, Daretti and now Breya among others are extremely reliant on artifacts, and there's no bloody way you're going to get people to play only colored artifacts for those. Colorless doesn't fix color problems like Boros couplings so it's clear it's not as much of a problem as you think. The problem of the same old staples being in every deck is more a case of them getting printings in every yearly precon, not the fact that they're good. If people had colored alternatives for these things they'd run them for sure, but they're a lot more expensive.
>>
File: BEEP BOOP WOOF WOOF.jpg (708KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
BEEP BOOP WOOF WOOF.jpg
708KB, 1200x878px
Salivating Gremlins, Madcap Experiment, and Aetherworks Marvel in Daretti? y/n?
>>
>>50106561

No no and no
>>
>>50106459
Agreed. However, I tend to run a lot of redudnancy in each of my decks, so I usually have no issues on losing my commander or not being able to access it.
There's a way to build her well, but most people can't do that and lose to even small amount of grave hate or just good threat assessment with well places answers.
I prefer Karador to Meren, since at least you can get one creature from grave before anyone has a chance to kill him. After all, they're kind of similar decks.
I wish I met a player that actually had built a well thought out Meren deck, but so far nothing, just those that pretty much rely on her to be able to do anything.
>>
>>50102082
This has to be bait, right?
Like, there's only three possibilities for this post. It's bait, it's someone mad salty over losing to an artifact-heavy deck, or it's someone who hasn't had enough games under their belt to really know balance.

This isn't even a case of specifically dropping cards like Newlamog that require colorless- it's a case of trying to essentially remove an entire card type from the game.

Please, though, I'd love to hear you explain how removing an entire card type would be somehow good for diversity? Please tell me how utterly gutting cards like Glissa, the Traitor, Muzzio, Visionary Architect, and essentially every artifact-matters or RW deck ever?

>>50102641
Unfortunately, yes, staple cards exist. But think about what those cards DO, and you'll see why they're so ubiquitous. Greaves is commander protection for an extremely cheap price, something that everyone wants, especially voltron. Darksteel Plate is just a bigger, somewhat more powerful version of "commander armor" that needs to be removed before you can kill a commander with a spell. Skullclamp is broken but it's still part of combos, which as bad as they can be, are still a legitimate part of the game. Darksteel Ingot is barely ramp, but it's hard to remove which makes it a good option. Sol Ring is ramp for any color, making it possible to hit high speed in not just Green, but any color that can search out artifacts, or if you just get lucky with one.

I get what you're saying, but there's a reason why Commander isn't treated as a competitive format. Things get even worse when you do. I'm glad to see Duel Commander killing itself, honestly.
>>
>>50106713
Honestly, I blame the fact she was a precon. People tend to get very samey with how those get built, I don't really know why. It takes a few years before anyone even tries to branch out.

One of these days I might pick her up and try to make something better out of her, but I kinda feel like reanimator strategies are lacking without a third support color. Plus, I already have a Mimeoplasm that tries to be semi-self sufficient, so I'm afraid I'll stretch my card pool too thin.

Might play with her a bit online though, but then we're talking about powergaming, and that's a totally other extreme... ugh.

I'm trying to think of how I'd build a Meren deck. Golgari has evaded me for a while- I wanted to build Frog but that deck is too expensive for my tastes, I've considered Varolz but I really want a Skullbriar for that deck, and even in C16 I just want Tana-Reyhan... or Tana-Sidar, the almost certainly better deck.
>>
Speaking of Meren (and other GY startegies), how do you deal with graveyard hate?
>>
>>50096956
just have a partner pair and stack them in the command zone so it looks like one of them is standing over the others shoulder.
>>
>>50106864
Don't overextend your yard.
>>
>>50106831
When it comes to Golgari, I am absolutely in love with Savra. I would pick Jarad for reanimator strategies, as Corpse Dance for example can do disgusting things.
I have Gitfrog deck, which I like, but can't really play it. I end up being too trigger happy with Squandered Resources and got no lands pretty soon afterwards. I have things there that are general goodstuff, but it happens.
Sadly, at this point he isn't really interesting to play.
I think I should rebuild Savra or build something else instead in colours. I alsp thought about Sapling, since the golgari buttlife pardner seems pretty nice with that thing.
>>
>>50106962
Seems like Mazirek might be right up your alley. I always felt like Mazirek's a good one for the "get in losers we're going to value town" deck, aka the "I have six deck-husks under different commanders that never panned out, but this one can run all of them."

Sacrifice AND +1/+1 love? Hell, that's a reason to put Reyhan in the 99 too. So many legends go in here.
>>
>>50106864
Always be ready to fill your grave when they remove it, and make sure you use well your recursion so you prioritize having answers over board presence. Remember, Meren wins by attrition.
>>
>>50106864
>>50106911
Basically this. Biggest mistake you can make is to slap all the biggest value creatures to yard. Pack removal and grind carefully.
>>
File: t3_2tudko.jpg (825KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
t3_2tudko.jpg
825KB, 2100x1500px
>>50106561
since gremlins is when artifacts etb if you can find more loops like pic related to basically have a walking fireball yes, madcap is better for low to no artifacts for a combo or blightsteel colossus, aetherworks only if you are putting plenty of energy stuff and proliferating artifacts.
>>
>>50107002
Well, I already have Ghave and I feel like Mazirek would be a waste not to go all out combo. I have built some grindier decks lately and I really like the way they play, like a lot of small impact cards that seem meaningless to people, but they add up to massive amount of triggers.
It might be because people seem to have no threat assessment or they never seem to notice a synergy. Even once a comboNiv player wheeled and afterwards played that one enchantment that makes you draw additional cards or something and damages opponents in the end step if they have to many cards in hand when I had Megrim, active Blood Ascension and Wound Reflection on the field. Then again, he probably is retarded in some way. He seems to be magnetized towards me since he always ends up in my table.
Kinda blogpost-y but whatever.

Anyway, I think I need to put some thought into Golgari deck, but I gotta build my Kraj complete first.
>>
>>50106331
Those are the two memiest commanders there are senpai
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-11-16-cNX-kambal/

thoughts?
>>
File: gaydudes.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
gaydudes.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
>>50103159
The ultimate Group Hug wincon... literally nobody loses.
You've solved Gay Dudes Commander.
>>
>>50107347
Biggest Meme Commanders from each Set:
2011: Kaalia of the Vast
2013: Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (?)
2014: Daretti, Scrap Savant
2015: Meren of Clan Nel Toth
2016: Atraxa, Praetor's Voice
>>
how do i find a play group without going to the game store?
>>
File: hhh2.png (244KB, 575x504px) Image search: [Google]
hhh2.png
244KB, 575x504px
>>50107828
Have friends
>>
>>50107828

Forcefully get your friends/brother/parents into magic using a combination of vulnerable pleas of loneliness and free magic cards
>>
>>50095467
that card is fucking juicy
>>
File: Kaladesh planeswalker.png (749KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kaladesh planeswalker.png
749KB, 640x640px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisi-living-dead-girl-1/

Trying to balance out Sidisi, but I've got no clue. This is my first attempt at a 3 color deck. I'm used to grave shenanigans because Meren was my first deck, but I want to expand and move away from her Sidisi doesn't seem like she'd draw as much hate, and her interactions with Dredge and Gitrog seem fresh.

Do I need more pay off cards and big beaters who can push in damage? More utility? If so, any suggestions? I'm also looking for some spicy meatballs that can be useful without the grave, just in case.
>>
>>50107994
* from her. Sidisi doesn't seem

Christ, I'm tired.
>>
>>50107769
>Meme
Do you mean popular?
>>
>tfw no loli commander
>>
>>50108150
Aren't they the same thing?
>>
>>50107994

Have you tested this deck yet?

Is it a very similar list to your meren one?

I don't have much experience with Sidisi but it seems like you have way too much self mill and not enough ways to use cards in your graveyard beyond the triggers of Sidisi

I could be way off though, not sure
>>
>>50108215
Currently testing. It definitely feels different than Meren so far. My Meren was mostly a toolboxy deck with few recursion options outside of Meren and Eternal Witness (mostly because I saw the grave stuff as just a bonus). Sidisi seems to have lots of little interactions and ways to manipulate topdecks so far. Each game has felt different with it so far, so I can't quite nail it down yet. I'm noticing a lack of big threats though. That might be nice in a way since that means I can fly under the radar a little better instead of being targeted immediately because lol Meren.
>>
>>50108259

I don't really understand that reasoning

Like aren't they going to find out you have meren in the deck? Aren't they just going to realize it's very similar but has blue?

I feel like there's this meme on /tg/ I don't understand where everybody is playing in a meta where decks are judged purely by the commander choice and nobody can possibly prepare for your 99
>>
>>50108302
The reasoning is that Meren isn't always accessible, so she isn't a constant value engine.

This deck plays similarly, but differently. It's tough to describe. I don't do much reanimation, and instead shuffle cards in my grave around and make lots of zombies off of Sidisi.

I've been using cards like Golgari Thug to set up my top card, and then hit it with a dredge creature, like Thug himself. I get easy tokens and get Thug (or whatever other dredge card I used). Gitrog makes a lot of advantage because I keep pulling back lands with Life from the Loam.

I based some of the combos in this deck off of the list from that one anon earlier in the thread.
>>
Is Progenitor Mimic targeting Perplexing Chimera as hilarious as it sounds?
>>
File: austin1.jpg (13KB, 301x266px) Image search: [Google]
austin1.jpg
13KB, 301x266px
>>50102077
Gate to the Aether
Genesis Wave
Guided Passage
Hypergenesis
Unexpected Results
Rites of Flourishing
>>
File: batsuicide.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
batsuicide.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>New deck got here today
>no one wants to play this weekend
>>
>>50108360

you're actively trying to base your deck building decisions on your opponents having bad threat assessment, though, which doesn't really make sense to me

Like if your deck is just straight up worse than of course it will be rightfully seen as less of a threat, that's not a good thing though, you're not valuing off that

And if your deck isn't worse then you should expect your opponents to adjust their threat assessment toward the accurate understanding over time as they see the deck more
>>
Hey /edh/ I want some opinions on my 2 decks. I'm trying to decide which one to build in paper so which would you guys say is more fun for a group.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/love-of-the-graveyard/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/card-drawdek/
>>
>>50108476
Your Arjun deck looks dumb as hell, but in a good way. Build that one.
>>
File: crying anime face.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crying anime face.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50108439
>buy a commander 2015 deck for me and 3 other friends i play with
>tell them to spend the next week fixing them up and tweaking them
>next week come around
>stoked as fuck to play
>they all want to go out to the bar instead
>>
>>50108500

Holy fuck, I know that feeling to damn well, that sucks anon ;-;
>>
>>50108366

kinda like confusion in the ranks
>>
>>50108551
Sounds good to me! Except it's even more versatile!
>>
So, a few nights ago I saw a thread with a very spicy idea involving Nim Deathmantle in Atraxa, and now I cannot for the life of me remember what it was...

Any ideas?
>>
>>50108500

>his power level isn't high enough to play magic at the bar

No but seriously though, What do people like about bars? Do they actually meet girls they dont know at the bar? That seems like the only reason that's worth it

You can just drink with your friends anywhere for way cheaper and in a comfier atmosphere and not have to worry quite as much about how you're getting home
>>
>>50108610
its one of those things like why go to the LGS when you can just play at home, different experience. also you can pick up girls at the bar
>>
>>50108610
I used to play the Game of Thrones LCG at a bar, it was fun

I think the staff hated my group because we took up a bunch of tables for a very long time, but we always bought a bunch of drinks
>>
>>50108653

>also

I literally said exactly that already
>>
>>50108676
>ignoring half of what i said
>>
>>50108447
Not quite. This deck is meant to play different. It's not necessarily a weaker deck, it just plays differently, which is what I wanted. I made it to get away from a Meren deck. My Meren was toolbox with a little reanimation, but this deck seems to be token swarm for the most part. This isn't about making a more friendly deck for my opponents is trying to somehow fool then into thinking that I'm playing the same deck, but with blue. This is meant to be a wholly different animal that happens to be in similar colors. Just because Meren is in the deck does not mean it's a Meren deck. You're looking at my questions the wrong way. The thing about Sidisi flying under the radar was an offhand comment anyway. It's a common thing to see Sidisi as less of a threat because she's not a pure value engine like Meren, but that was hardly the point of what I was saying.
>>
>>50108610
I like going to bars for good beer. I dunno if we're talking about same thing, but there's differences in bars and clubs too. In decent and clean bars you can play and it's enjoyable, but there's more of the shit kind where people are just gonna go to get wasted.
>>
>>50108712
*or fool them
>>
Hey /tg/.
I'm a poorfag and MTG is way overpriced where I live, so...
What's a good commander for my first EDH That I can build a decent deck with it while being as budget as possible?
>>
File: 1472833885401.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1472833885401.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>50108850
Purphorous, or any mono color deck that isn't green
>>
File: goggle-boy.jpg (734KB, 1545x1134px) Image search: [Google]
goggle-boy.jpg
734KB, 1545x1134px
>playing nekusar "zombies" against Ephara, Meren, and Mizzix
>currently control an echo mage at lvl 2, kederekt parasite, and nekusar
>tell the meren player I can help him fill up his graveyard with creatures
>level up echo mage, making him think I am preparing to cast some huge mill spell
>cast incendiary command, copy it 3 times each time choosing the wheel and 4 dmg effect, wiping everyone out but ms

Now I am banned from playing nekusar but its their fault for letting it go off and I feel no shame
>>
>>50108911
>Expecting "mill" from Nekusar.
That was the first mistake
>>
>>50108850
Krenko, Mob Boss.
>>
File: 1436810363814.gif (1016KB, 322x166px) Image search: [Google]
1436810363814.gif
1016KB, 322x166px
>>50108911

>Make Nascar when it first comes out
>Think I'm some original hot shot with my Wheel and Deal and Windfall
>Get a few games in and tear the deck apart
>Trade away pieces to various other people
>Those said people build Nascar decks using my cards
>My face

C'mon now.
>>
>>50108960
I dunno man, more casual metas probably run Phenax
>>
>>50108911
While you didn't do anything wrong, but just to clarify, you can't choose any other options from modal spell when you copy it. That means that if you copy Cryptic Command with bounce&draw, your copy will have the same options, only thing you can change is the target.
>>
File: 1393612850205.gif (7KB, 270x172px) Image search: [Google]
1393612850205.gif
7KB, 270x172px
>>50109009

I stumbled into a super casual meta before. It's a little sad

>Realize people around me are casual players
>Unsleeved cards, weird generals in shitty condition and general unfamiliarity
>Break out Mono R Barbars with Lovisa Coldeyes at the helm
>Easily my most casual deck nothing too crazy except for a blood moon
>They have no removal at all
>or good creatures
>Sweep everyone with Mono R beat down
>Feel super guilty
>But at the same time it's fucking Lovisa Coldeyes Barbarian tribal

What the fuck
>>
>>50109008
I don't understand

>>50109035
>you can't choose any other options from modal spell when you copy it. That means that if you copy Cryptic Command with bounce&draw, your copy will have the same options, only thing you can change is the target.

So exactly like I said in post, copy incendiary command choosing 4 dmg and wheel, then the copy targets a different player with 4 dmg.

>>50109053
My meta is only casual in that one player refuses to buy any cards and plays only 1 commander but he wasn't there for this game
>weird generals in shitty conditions
You will not want to see my nekusar card then, the rest is sleeved and nice but he himself is pretty fucked
>>
File: bearer-bliss.jpg (15KB, 320x242px) Image search: [Google]
bearer-bliss.jpg
15KB, 320x242px
>>50109053
I had to straight-up force my group to start running disruption and removal because I was rolling on them so hard. My decks aren't even good, I went 5-0 one night with fucking Godo.

And it's going to happen again soon oh yes my niggas

>Gauntlet of Might, walker Karn and Blood Moon in the mail
>>
>>50109123
While result is the same, there is the difference that you don't have the option to choose the modes.
So as long as the original is known, every other is the same.
Might be nitpicking, but I feel that 'choosing' isn't really a word you can use in this case
>>
>Hey anon! I saved up some money and just got my dual land in the mail!
>I thought you said that deck was for fun?
>...it is.

Why do some people think "for fun" or "casual" means having a shitty mana base and bad cards?
>>
File: KILLER QUEEN.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
KILLER QUEEN.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50096956

>a format where you make a deck around a unique creature that you can reliably summon.
>obscure creatures with fringe abilities that are abused to the extreme.
>over the top effects: constant board wipes, infinite creatures, infinite damage and infinite combos.
>truly unique deck structure and strategy

EDH IS JOJO.
>>
>>50109307
What are you even going on about?
>>
>>50109307

Because the word competitive scares them.
>>
>>50109307
My group just encourages using proxy duals if needed. No, don't fork over $200 for a dual if it's just for your commander deck. Fucking proxy that shit. Lands are NOT something that should put your deck in jeopardy.
Commander is a fun, multiplayer format and frankly running 3-5 colors without duals is basically impossible and then it's no fun.
>>
File: 1305132395188.jpg (7KB, 288x306px) Image search: [Google]
1305132395188.jpg
7KB, 288x306px
>that feel when ebay sniping a NM Arid Mesa for $40 from a seller who has over 10,000 feedback and an online store
>>
How do group hug decks even win?

Is the goal to just come in second place?

What are your secret techs for group hug that seem friendly but can actually win you the game?

Or what are some group hug staples that aren't just communist in nature. e.g. Helix Pinnacle or Azor's Elocutors.
>>
File: Vela the Night-Clad_CRS.jpg (49KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Vela the Night-Clad_CRS.jpg
49KB, 312x445px
I've found myself interested in pic related, how fun is she to run?
>>
>>50109432
>3-5 colors without duals is basically impossible
You can't be serious.
There were entire sets dedicated to wedges and shards.
>>
>>50109477
>ebay sniping a NM Arid Mesa for $40
Lucky. Hopefully it's legit.
>>
>>50109432
My group only allows proxies for the original dual lands because we understand people want stronger manabases without breaking the bank, but its only those.

We require people to still have Fetchlands, Filterlands, Shocks, etc....same goes for big Utility Lands (Gaea's Cradle, Sanctum, Academy Ruin, Cavern of Souls, etc)
>>
>>50108593
I think you're confusing Atraxa for Breya or Nim Deathmantle for something else.
>>
>>50109490
Its all good, Ive had someone try to send me a fake Mox Diamond before, and I was able to argue my case to Ebay and got my money back. It did take a week or two to close the case, but I know how to go about making sure nothing happens.
>>
>>50109543
>Ive had someone try to send me a fake Mox Diamond before
How can you tell? A lot of eBay prices look reasonable but I'm afraid of getting burned on a fake
>>
>>50109484
She's pretty fun. I usually won just with Rite of Replication on Vela, though, since that card is just kind of silly with her.
>>
>>50109481
When I play group hug my goal is always to come second, though I'm also a huge commie and use Selvala and symmetrical effects rather than Happy Hippo targeted stuff.

In tonights game I had people drawing five cards each draw step, and then they could play three lands per turn and draw a card for each land drop. I almost doubled everyone's mana with Heartbeat of Spring but it got Rec Sage'd.

That game was awesome, a couple people had 20/20s running around, a hard casted Worldspine Wurm and other nonsense.
>>
>>50109562
It was a FOV:Relics Mox Diamond that didnt have foiling and was missing some of the copyright information on the bottom of the card.

If you want steps to doing Ebay right...
1. Try to only order from those who have Stores
2. Try to only order from those who have at least 96+ Positive Feedback on at least 5,000 transactions
3. Try not to order from those who have 2+ Negative Feedbacks within 30 days
4. READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION BOX and the Details box for all information
5. Pay very close attention to Shipping Costs (as it will increase the cost of the card, so keep that in mind when bidding), and WHERE its coming from.
6. Try Not to order from overseas (unless you're not in America). If you must, make sure they meet Steps 1-3.
7. When you receive your item...VIDEO YOURSELF OPENING IT. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. VIDEO EVIDENCE IS KEY IF YOU GET SCAMMED.
>>
>>50109628

Why not just buy from starcitygames or cardkingdom?
>>
>>50109530

I think it was something exploiting a certain creature when sacced with Ashnod's Altar. I know there are lots of options when doing Ashnod's + Nim, but it was something relevant to proliferating counters.
>>
>>50109669
Ebay has the higher potential to find good deals. Its just you dont control supply and other can bid on them too.

SCG isnt going to sell FOV:Relic Sol Rings for less than $30, but I was able to win one for $16.
>>
>>50109669
people don't always know what they have on ebay, or are willing to part with stuff for a lot less than what scg will sell it for.

I managed to get a Cavern of souls for 26 bucks because no one bid on it because the listing was misspelled.
>>
File: 1320503548857.jpg (157KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1320503548857.jpg
157KB, 600x450px
>Surrak player drops Temur Ascendancy
>Talrand player Counterspells it, taps out last 2 mana
>FoW already been used on Craterhoof
>Surrak pulls off the Spell Crumple/Tunnel Vision combo on Counterspell
>right into a fucking Wheel of Fortune
The assmad was absolutely fucking Biblical.
>>
>>50109821
>Be playing Alesha
>Game starts, everyone snap keeps 7 card hands, talking about how good their hand is
>go first. Mountain, Mana crypt, Wheel of Fortune
>Everyone's combo/key pieces are now in the graveyard
>game turned into archenemy from turn 1
what a day.
>>
>>50109778
>I managed to get a Cavern of souls for 26 bucks because no one bid on it because the listing was misspelled.
Where do you even find this kind of shit
>>
>>50109484
I have a token/go wide deck with her at the head. It runs off of her intimidate granting, with a bunch of creatures that draw cards when they hit players. It's super janky, but I love the irony of beating face with the least creature focused colors.

Rite of Replication is a must in her deck. Target Vela for 30 life nuke to all opponents
>>
File: 1478217894739.jpg (54KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
1478217894739.jpg
54KB, 640x576px
>>50109821
>>50109872

It's like Leovold, but not cancer!
>>
>>50109905
Ebay. Sort by auction only and the when the auction will be ending.
Not nearly as many people do it as you'd think, so you'll find forgotten auctions an hour before they expire with usually pretty few bids.
>>
>>50109872
The greatest feel. I did that before with Feldon, but my fartbag friend decided that we should all start with our best cards as our starting hand. Crypt/Mountain/Wheel was my T1 play and I got laser focused out of the game.
>>
>>50109432
>5 color deck with no lands more expensive than shocks
>deck runs just fine
>rarely end up mana screwed
I swear people either think casual's power level is higher than I do, or people just don't know how to build on a budget.
>>
>>50109484

Seems fun to me, generally people do ninjas because ninjas are really hard to play in edh but vela seems to be the most synergistic with ninjas, making your shit hard to block and reward bouncing your own shit

I think the best vela deck is more like a reanimation/flicker value deck that can also beatdown pretty hard with the unblockability, as opposed to getting in relatively small amounts of damage with ninjutsu stuff
>>
File: Feldon best.jpg (45KB, 964x177px) Image search: [Google]
Feldon best.jpg
45KB, 964x177px
>>50109988
I remember you.
>>
>>50110491
>>50110491
>>50110491
>>50110491

New thread. Migrate at your leisure.
>>
>>50109481
local pheldagriff player played Minds Aglow, with join forces, everyone paid too much mana and we all drew our decks to death. he had a parellel thoughts he was drawing from alternatively from his library, as some of my more retarded friends later discovered after paying into his spell
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.