[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 48

File: rafiq.jpg (219KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
rafiq.jpg
219KB, 480x680px
If all legendary creatures had partner, which two would you partner up first to make a deck?

Old: >>50034737

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
1st for partner is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>50047807
>If all legendary creatures had partner, which two would you partner up first to make a deck?

the OP and a black dude LOL
>>
>>50047820
>why don't Wizards cater to MY degeneracy!
i mean ya? its fucking bullshit that gay niggers get cards but lolicons dont
>>
File: onewithnothing.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
onewithnothing.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>50047807
>If all legendary creatures had partner, which two would you partner up first to make a deck?
You've managed to find a premise for the thread worse than arguing that ponder is card advantage.

Speaking of which, card advantage!
>>
Xth for Krasios is broken as shit.
>>
>>50047859
Negative card advantage is a form of card advantage.
>>
>>50047807
Probably Nekusar and Mizzix for a All-Star Wheels of Steel deck

>>50047866
It's not even Krasios, it's Thrasios isn't it?
>>
>>50047807
teysa and some blue green dude just so she gets some interference
>>
>>50047876
>illness is a form of health
>>
>>50047881
That's what I thought but someone said Krasios last thread.
>>
>>50047891
unlife is a form of life
>>
Is there a gallery for the new basics? I don't think they're in the mothership spoiler
>>
File: Rubinia Soulsinger.full.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Rubinia Soulsinger.full.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
Reposting from last thread, budget suggestions for a jank blink-steal-keep Rubinia?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-blink-steal-keep-stuff/
>>
>>50047918
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/basic-lands-commander-2016-edition-2016-10-25
>>
>>50047923
Play something else.
>>
1st for saying not putting Chromatic Lantern in everyone of the prebuilts was a major fuckup along with having no unique, good, or new lands.(excluding the new art basics) Also Partner is a meh tier mechanic overall fight me.
>>
File: 1477584013927.png (2MB, 1078x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1477584013927.png
2MB, 1078x1250px
>>50047866
>>50047881
>>50047894
For some reason, Krasios was in my phone's dictionary, and autocorrect snuck up on me.

Also, now I'm not certain of if "broken infinite mana commander" is supposed to be Thrasios, who, upon getting infinite mana just let's you draw every spell and drop every land in your library, or Kydele, who can generate infinite mana in any 3 piece combination of her, an untapper, and a repeatable, "pay X, draw Y" card. OR someone else I'm overlooking entirely.
>>
>>50047986
Everyone already agrees that Partner is shit and the Partner cards are all shit.
Wizards says 4c is the worst thing to design for and there's no space, yet the 4c legends are the most interesting part of all the new cards.
The Partners are all so shit, they all feel sub-$1 non-legend non-mythic normal bulk rare levels of power. They're all a big let-down, and everyone is giving Wizards HELL for what they did to Ludevic.
>>
>>50048009
The guy was probably talking about Kydele and Thrasios together. And yeah, Kydele+Sword of the Paruns and drawing 4 cards in the turn is infinite mana to dump on Thrasios.

>>50047948
Suggestions on something else?
>>
>>50048009
I was talking about Thrasios, I replied to your crap last thread. Kydele is a 4 mana do little decent ramp bad combo commander that goes coincidentally infinite in convoluted ways.
>>
>>50048014
oh fuck I almost forgot about ludvic
>izzet partner commander
>has nothing to do with spell slinging, burn or any other izzet fun stuff
>maro will defend this
>>
>>50048014
I like Silas Renn for an Esper Deck and Boompile seems fun. Thats it for the new non-commanders.
>>
>>50048014
Both of the UG ones and both of the BW partners are good.

its just that everything red touches it turns to shit.
>>
>>50048031
That's not the issue, but that doesn't help either.
The issue is that Ludevic is THE biggest, best Stitcher necromancer on Innistrad, on par with Geralf, and his card is not only not black, it doesn't even have anything to do with his flavor AT ALL. No zombie making, no B, nothing. His card is the antithesis of card-flavor working together.
Everyone that liked or was interested in Innistrad lore has been giving Wizards hell over it.
>>
>4 am in yuroland
>supposed to be taking an exam in c# in 6 hours
>mental energy levels at 110%
>just designing custom deck boxes in blender for edh decks to build out of wood later and playing edh in xmage and listening to sick beats on the youtubes
>solving captchas at a rate of 2 per second and shitposting about stupid shit at the same time

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
>>
>>50048039
Thrasios is on a level entirely above any of the other commanders and the five mana do nothing WB commander is terrible.
>>
>>50048025
Umbral Mantle also makes Kydele go infinite with drawing four or more
>>
>>50048057
He's more than just a stitcher. He made a fucking Kaiju. He shoved Werewolf bits onto metal and animated it. Hell, he used the PRINCIPLES of necro-alchemy to animate a bunch of scrap powered by Geists. He's not just the best stitcher on the plane, he's the best creator of life, period.
>>
>>50048058
I should probably start porting decks to xmage to test. Is it better than Cockatrice? Not that that's a high bar.
>>
>>50048092
I can think of better value engines than "4: Coiling Oracle" in U/G. Being 'on a level entirely above' dogshit is neither difficult nor impressive.
>>
>>50048118
To be fair, if your two-card combo also requires you to draw 4 cards before you can even start it, it's not a good combo.
>>
>>50048092
What makes you say he is terrible? He is a solid card, and when you pair him with any of the other great ones he is FREE. No memeing, just pure CA.

Its easily top 3 of the BW goodstuff generals, and when you pair it with the other one, its just the best BW goodstuff general.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>50048154
Yeah Tasigur is shit too right?
>>
>>50048154
Yeah, he's really not impressive if you don't have infinite mana, just a worse Tasigur.

>>50048163
It's not that hard to draw three after your draw step, especially if you don't care much about pitching stuff.

I wouldn't say it's amazing, but it's a huge step above any of the other partners, and being able to have Thrasios always there to dump the mana into is great.
>>
>>50047820
>>50047033
>H-hey guys, mind if I play with some unhinged and unglued cards?
Sure that's cool, nothing broken though
>okay, also my commander isn't legendary
No biggie
>okay, turn one I will play a plains and tap for my commander little girl
Ooooh a a joke commander

[few turns later]
>I'll play tangle wire
Oh a stax deck. Now big. I'll tap down then pass
>I-ill tap the little girl *snort*
Umm alright... I'll just bolt her
>then I'll cast sex appeal targeting my waif-*ackem* little girl
>now I'll play clergy en-vec, and an Auriok Champion
That's a weird alter anon...
>now I'll cast glory seeker. Not the most powerful but still has exceptional flavortext
I'm out. This is fucked man
>next! Unlikely alliance! A-and a tanglesap!
THATS NOT EVEN WHITE YOU FUCK
>>
>>50048140
way better. it's a little unstable sometimes, but if you play on the US servers you should have a good time. it's actually so good with the rules that it's instructional, i'm way better at understanding an exploiting the stack in real life now thanks to xmage.
>>
>>50048241
Repeatable CA in the form multiple main phase draw on a three drop is leagues better than a regrow a turn on a five drop.
>>
>>50048268
>It's a huge step above any of the other partners
That's not exactly a difficult bar to cross. It's like being the most well-groomed guy at a ponyfucker convention.
>>
File: 1383193345943.jpg (100KB, 609x683px) Image search: [Google]
1383193345943.jpg
100KB, 609x683px
>finding combos in your deck that you didn't even know you had
Is there anything better?
>>
>>50047859
this card seems stupidly powerful
>>
>>50048401
I know right? Voltaic key goes with everything in Kurkesh. Gaining infinite mana in mono red is pretty satisfying, even if my two ways to do it are conviluted. I need either doubling cube and be able to produce 9 mana, or hymm of battle on isochron scepter and a total of three creatures and just go to town untapping with the key.
>>
>>50048009
Sir Kondo is objectively the best commander
>>
>>50048335
But you can literally run both at the same time
>>
Trying to build rashmi elfball, would love some help trimming down to 100. Trying to make good enough to bring to local events.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-16-dXm-elves/
>>
>>50048536
You can also put 99 Swamps into a 5 color deck, that doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>50048523
This is why I can't stop playing mono-red artifacts, you're always piecing together weird combos with whatever you get.
>>
>>50048567
You can't run swamps as your general with your better general, without changing the color of your deck.
>>
>>50048598
It wasn't a 1:1 metaphor. It was simply saying that something being possible does not make it preferable.

So how's this: You could also put Sorrow's Path into any deck instead of a useful 99th card. That doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>50048635
Your metaphor is shit because none of those cards are also your general. If you wanted to run BW good stuff the best general is picking the partners together, followed closely by the atheros.

You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>50048702
>this idiot arguing about analogies because his feelings are hurt
His point was pretty clear, just because you're upset doesn't mean you need to act like a jackass.
>>
>>50048702
Okay, let me be even clearer.

I wouldn't even run Regrowth McNoshirt in my 99, let alone as an always-available Commander. There's cheaper and less vulnerable Anthem effects, and there's more reliable reanimation in those colors. He does two things poorly instead of one thing well, or two things FAIRLY well.
>>
>>50047845
>consensual, legal, adult relationships
>actual pedophilic fetish that any civilized society in the past 1000 years has stamped out entirely.
>>
File: 1475369699340.jpg (157KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1475369699340.jpg
157KB, 650x366px
>>50047807
Vela and Edric

Meren and Ezuri
>>
>>50048739
You run him with kalemne. Maybe that's what you aren't getting? Kalemne is already good, and you get to run 98 cards instead of 99 which is just better. And hey, if you wind up in a situation where he is good to play you play him. (Maybe after a mind slicer or when you need to rebuild) . You keep evaluating him as part of the 99, but he is not. You lose nothing by running him with kalemne, and you are stupid as fuck that you are making me spell this out. Running 99 cards instead of 98 is not an improvement.
>>
>>50047807
Arcum and Slobad
Now I'll have a totally fair Izzet artifact commander.
>>
>>50047807
Jhoira and Rashmi because I'm a sick bastard.
>>
>>50048536
Why not the world would i spend a partner on ravos with Tymna. I'd rather play kondo as an evasion engine to consistently get her draw and get a third color, or play Ludevic and double up on the draw and get access to blue's flying men plus four colors.
>>
>>50049075
Because then you aren't BW anymore?
Also your opinion is discarded if you are running Ludovic period.
>>
Trying to cut between the two;

Fists of the Anvil or Screaming Fury in Zada, Hedron Grinder.
>>
>>50049131
Why do you need to play BW?
>>
>>50049004
How are you running him with Kalemne? What the fuck ate you talking about?
>>
>>50049131
You people seriously need to get the fuck over Ludevic. Like holy shit. You are really fooling yourself if you think ravos is better than Ludevic.
>>
>>50049163
I'd say keep Fists.
Going down to sorcery speed for just +1/+0 more and haste doesn't seem good enough of a trade-off.
>>
>>50049163
Keep Fists. The haste on Screaming Fury is nice, but it's sorcery speed, and you should be running cantrips like Crimson Wisps for that, since you end up with massive card draw.

And +4/+0 can really fuck people up at instant speed for 2 mana.
>>
File: 1472765315337.png (1017KB, 665x663px) Image search: [Google]
1472765315337.png
1017KB, 665x663px
>mfw the lands in the 4c commanders

I didn't expect them to reprint the high priced lands like the shocks, fethces, or lorwyn filters. But they couldn't have added shimmering grotto or mana confluence? The land fixing is gonna be a bitch
>>
>>50049196
Fuck me, got tymna and kalemne switched up
>>
>>50049166
Because my argument was that tymna and fuccboi together are the best bw goodstuff general.

If we aren't using color as a limiter, just about everything loses to 5c hermit, but needing a general able to easily beat that seems excessive to say it's good.
>>
>>50049020
Give me Padeem and Slobad. Hexproof and indestructible sitting in the command zone, and one of them comes with a free sac outlet?

Ask your playgroup if you can run Saheeli though, turns out she's crazy useful when you build around her.
>Her first ability
No one ever complains about scrying once a turn, and this one comes with a free "annoy your opponents"
>Second ability
Three modes, all useful to complete a combo: Panharmonicon (sorta), Sculpting Steel (sorta), and Liquimetal Coating (sorta)
>Third ability
Boring because it wins the game instantly. Wouldn't you rather cobble victory together yourself?
>>
>>50049346
>5c hermit Boogeyman meme
Seriously?
>>
File: theboysarebackintown.png (3MB, 1936x1382px) Image search: [Google]
theboysarebackintown.png
3MB, 1936x1382px
>>50047807
Joven and Chandler. It'd be fun and I bet I could totally fucking get away with it if I made it.
>>
File: YidBK.jpg (27KB, 525x564px) Image search: [Google]
YidBK.jpg
27KB, 525x564px
Is Krenko, Mob Boss worth it in the 99 as a token producer even if you don't have many other goblins?
>>
>>50049388
>Padeem and Slobad
This would rule so hard. God damn.
>>
>>50047845
It is actually pushing on the edge of self-censorship that in 20 years of writing stories about an infinite multiverse, we don't have a single character who is a child.

We have way too many child rulers, soldiers, rogues and warriors of note in just one planet, Magic only has Origins-flashbacks Chandra.
>>
File: 20161101_003758.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161101_003758.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So this guy used to lead my Naya Goodstuff deck a loooooooong time ago before I switched it to Mayael due to the majority of the deck being power 5 or greater. The deck never really had synergy with Rith.

So how do I build this guy? Is it just tokens.Dec? If so, I'd probably be more amp to build prossh cuz I already have G/W Trostani.
>>
>>50047807
Teysa and Augustin.
Rhys and Purphoros.
Oloro and Karlov.
Keranos and UB Sygg.
>>
File: Brothers Yamazaki.jpg (85KB, 675x231px) Image search: [Google]
Brothers Yamazaki.jpg
85KB, 675x231px
>>50047807
These guys, best partners.
>>
Purpheros and Memnarch could make a mean artifact deck.

Brago and ayli could be pretty bonkers.
>>
>>50049522
>Purpheros and Memnarch could make a mean artifact deck
Purphoros has absolutely nothing to do with artifacts.
>>
>>50049551
>this guy
While ordinarily he doesn't, there are a shitload of 2 for 1 artifacts out there and Memnarch with the threat of burning someone to death and all the darietti artifact tech seems pretty good.
>>
>>50049572
I don't really understand where you're going with this deck idea. What 2 for 1 artifacts are you thinking of?

I feel like the deck would constantly be torn in 2 very different directions: either huge token spam or stealing everyone's shit.
>>
>>50047911
atheism is a religion
>>
>>50049287
I hear what you're saying, but still disagree in general. How do you feel about Ash Barrens? I think it's pretty great
>>
>>50049597
You're over thinking things. Memnarch on his own steals things if you get enough mana. Running all the usual red and blue artifact ramp is pretty spicy as it is, but with partner purpheros you now have an on-demand combo engine the second you're ready, and if that isn't working, you use the same setup and shift gears with Memnarch. In a control setup, you only need consistent artifact cycling or scrap mastery to instantly win. Sure, kurkesh is probably better in hindsight but I ran a moderately successful purpheros artifact deck back in the day, and a rite of replication'd myr battlesphere seems hilarious.
>>
>>50049500
Yeah, she's just saproling tokens.dec, and not very good at it as she needs to hit someone to make any.
>>
>>50049453
yeah, because he can build up tons of gobbos himself and can become a big threat if left alive especially if you have ways to untap. in 5 turns after you play him you have 36 buggers.
>>
>>50049703
>if left alive
That's a big "if." Krenko is a bit of a lightning rod for removal.

Plus by himself it takes a long time for him to build up any sort of presence. He doesn't do anything the turn he comes in and relys on not being touched.
>>
>>50049603
It actually is, so is scientism.
>>
>>50049819
>scientism.
perhaps you mean scienceeology
>>
>>50047807
Prossh + Purphoros for aggro
Derevi + Horoki for control
Ghave + Mikaeus(B) for combo

fun times everyday
>>
>>50049819
>the absence of religion is a religion
Whew.
>>
File: 1404581537167.jpg (14KB, 405x447px) Image search: [Google]
1404581537167.jpg
14KB, 405x447px
>check for interesting commanders
>decide both BW ones look interesting
>put a whole decklist on paper based around Tymna
>google and gatherer exotic cards based around 'each opponent'
>include fantastic Orzhov extort cards
>"man, this BW control deck will be sweet - i'll draw so many cards!"
>re-read Tymna while being pleased
>suddenly notice the word 'combat'
>mfw
>throw the notes out the window next to my hopes and dreams

Fucking kid friendly card design these days.
>>
>>50049838
Nope, scientism is the belief that only scientifically proven claims are meaningful and the inclination to defend them with a rather religious zealotry.

Science inherently knows it knows notthing and must keep exploring. Scientism thinks of science as dogma. Scientology wants your money, now!
>>
>>50049956
We told you Partners were shit.
Except for UG of course, UG must always be pushed because it "just does the best things you can do in commander" and the people who make the game obviously don't have the power to even the field for everyone else.
>>
>>50049916
>le broken meme answers
Did no one at all even attempt to come up with legendaries at a power level that they would conceivably have partner?
>>
>>50049616
>How do you feel about Ash Barrens?

I don't. I'll run my fetches and myriad landscape to grab my basics
>>
>>50050055
define "meaningful" and quantify "rather". These sound like personal hangups. If you want to be a contrarian, go be a fag somewhere else.
>>
>>50050081
why run myriad landscape over ash barrens?
>>
File: treacherous urge.jpg (338KB, 1280x917px) Image search: [Google]
treacherous urge.jpg
338KB, 1280x917px
I want a deck with a lot of synergy - something that always feels like it's working towards a goal, where every card works toward the goal. Im tired of goodstuff decks.
Suggestions?
>>
>>50050098
Not him, but myriad will ramp you on its own.
Ash barrens takes the place of things like Terramorphic Expanse.
>>
>>50050079
there was the guy who suggested Joven + Chandler

but that might be too far above the current partners
>>
>>50050098
In all my 2 or more color decks. I run myriad since it can ramp faster like>>50050118 said. Ash Barrens might work in mono colors but my meta isn't where I can play as such unless I do mono green goodstuff or daretti but I'm not enough of a faggot to play daretti.
>>
>>50050118
two basics that can't be different types that you have to wait two turns to be able to use and essentially takes 3 mana to use? I must be missing how this card is considered good.
>>
>>50050148
It's one land that replaces itself and gets another. It's that simple.
>>
>>50050116
Nekusar, youre always building up to your combo
>>
>>50050148
>Grab 1 basic that goes in hand is good
>grabbing 2 basics of the same type that etb is bad
>>
>>50050169
as does ash barrens, except that it can tap for mana the turn it comes down and doesn't take two turns to get whatever color you need since basics don't enter tapped.
>>
>>50050195
grabbing one basic that goes into hand is good since basics enter untapped

grabbing two basics of the same type, but having to wait a turn because myriad landscape enters tapped and took up your landdrop, then having to wait another turn to spend two more mana and have the basics enter tapped is bad.
>>
>>50050116
I mean, you can make just about ANY legendary creature pointed and objective. Assuming you aren't running a commander who has a purposefully bad effect, just go 35 lands, 5 rocks, 55 similar effects, and 5 "fixers".

"fixers" being a boardwipe, a recursion card, a pillowfort card, a counterspell, and a piece of spot removal.
>>
>>50050202
Ash Barrens only replaces itself from your hand. Once it's on the field, it's just a Wastes.
I hate to bring it up with all the memes, but Myriad Landscape is actual card advantage.

The speed at which the ramp occurs doesn't matter as much in EDH.
>>
>>50050212
What is sol ring? Are you in so casual a meta that you don't see the advantage of being able to grab more lands? Ash Barrens is good for a fetch, but myriad landscape can accelerate faster and its not uncommon to crack landscape on turn 2
>>
File: stop.jpg (885KB, 2436x3564px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
885KB, 2436x3564px
>Making and playtesting a Gitrog decklist

feels good man

>Making and playtesting an Atraxa 4 color BS

kill me now
>>
>>50050227
I'd rather have color fixing on turn two and immediate mana mid/late game than "ramp" that doesn't get me any extra colors and takes 2 full turns before I can even use the land.
>>50050250
you just compared myriad landscape to sol ring. Let that sink in for a second. You can lie to me all you like, but don't lie to yourself.
>>
>>50047807
Rafiq and Nefarox
>>
File: courage_computer.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
courage_computer.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>50050281
>you just compared sol ring to myriad landscape

I genuinely hope you are pretending to be a dumbass right now and not just trying to cover up your lack of reading comprehension. I said its not uncommon to crack myriad on turn 2 of course sol ring is an instrumental part of this. You are still supporting ash barrens even though we have proven why myriad landscape is better, by the time you will hit your next land drop using ash barrens, the myriad landscape will have netted you 1 more land and put you in the lead by 2 or possibly 3 lands. If I really wanted to lie to you I would tell you that manavault is one of the worst mana rocks you can put in a deck.
>>
File: bYXZQ05.jpg (76KB, 640x1138px) Image search: [Google]
bYXZQ05.jpg
76KB, 640x1138px
>>50050253

post atraxa list friend
>>
>>50050116
Endrek sahr sac+ oppression

Thank me later
>>
how do you even build this in a way that is not 4 color goodstuff?
>>
What are the stupidest blink effect things I can do with Brago
>>
>>50050547
wheelmen.dec
Nekusar and all his tech + leovald and the remaining green draw tech. Just cascade into skill
>>
>>50050559

Knowledge Pool
>>
>>50050547
storm perhaps?

>>50050527
endrek is ridiculously slow though. i had to slot him out of the command zone because it took forever to get any value out of him
>>
>>50050547
Im gonna play him voltrony. as much doubletrike and extra combats as I can get my hands on, then cascade the largest amount of times I can off one spell.
>>
What should I cut? I need two cuts to make it legal.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v275-copy/
>>
File: 7.jpg (70KB, 463x433px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
70KB, 463x433px
>>50050981
>You can give things double-cascade
Holy moley
>>
>>50051082
But you just edited it and now it has 100 cards.
>>
File: Fabrication+Module+%5BKLD%5D.jpg (37KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Fabrication+Module+%5BKLD%5D.jpg
37KB, 223x311px
Opinion on the modules in Atraxa?
>>
File: yidrismaelstromwielder.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
yidrismaelstromwielder.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
How do you make this big idiot better than Maelstrom Wanderer, or at least comparable?

Sporting a less resilient landbase, the inability to comfortably run mass land destruction, the necessity to resolve, wait a turn, and then connect in combat to receive any sort of permissive value.. a huge tempo loss when he dies, the inability to comfortably run any sort of creature boardwipe that isn't full retard amounts of mana like Plague Wind & Pals.

The more I come back to the downsides, the worse and worse Yidris becomes in comparison. His only out is to cheese with 'infinite' combat steps and he's totally ruined by anything resembling an ensnaring bridge or maze of ith.

I feel like I'm missing something. The deck builds like a worse Shu Yun, plays like a bad Narset and very badly wants to just be Regular Ass Maelstrom Wanderer.
>>
>>50051110
Oh, thanks. I had hardened scales and best within but I took them out. Should I add those and cut others?
>>
>>50051121
Beast within is pretty sweet. Maybe keep it in and take that planeswalker out instead.
>>
>>50049603
but it is
>>
>>50051125
I'll have to play test it. Should burgeoning go in as well?
>>
>>50051180
Nah, you don't have enough lands and synergies to really use it in that deck.
>>
>>50051114
Not sure how you ever came to the conclusion that Yidris was supposed to even be comparable to Maelstrom Wanderer
>>
>>50051257

They are the only commanders that cascade and they share 3 colors
>>
>>50049670
I actually want to know this too. How is Purphoros related to Memnarch? Like at all? What are the combos you talk about? Are you sure you're not talking about Daretti?
>>
>>50051301
And? Why does that mean he has to be stronger?
>>
>>50050075
>partners are shit
>except UG
Look here, anon. The BW pair is solid. There are a number of solid pairs.

Silas+Akiri for artifact voltron that is highly resilient and 4 color

vial-smasher + WG for defender tribal

WG+toughness BG for alt Doran stuff

BW pair for token sac/reanimator, much like teysa with less combo orientation

Off the top of my head. Some are bad, Brus kinda blows, but they're fine.

Hell, the UG don't even have the strongest synergy, considering you only get the mana payoff after you've already done whatever it is that's drawing you cards.
>>
>>50051309

There's almost no reason to play him over Wanderer in the current affairs of Yidris deckbuilding; black offers very little, almost nothing, to a cascade plan. Black creatures are often overcosted or built to benefit a purely graveyard-based strategy, the latter of which Yiddish does nothing to work toward.

It's just a mess of a card, and likely to be the weakest of the five four-color options. From a design standpoint, he's interesting as heck - but that's where it ends. The moment you build or playtest him, everything just feels.. off. He has so many fucking hoops to jump through to accomplish anything.

Maybe I'm venting at this point, but I can't find anything good about Yidris other than "he looks cool". Double strike cascading is a fucking meme that leads to you beefing your post-combat cascades into worthless trick cards that do literally nothing due to already going beyond your combat step.

>m-muh fireshrieker
>>
>>50051363
Yeah, everything triggering off combat in this commander precon is so dumb.

I'm not a combat damage kind of person, so almost nothing they revealed appeals to me
>>
>>50051363

to add,
I wish Yidris had been a r/g4 6-mana partner. He'd be a decent card in the 99 of an established Maelstrom deck, better than Etherium Horn in most cases, but as a strictly four-color card designed to be played only as a commander he's incredibly lackluster.
>>
File: Arjun, the Shifting Flame.jpg (21KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Arjun, the Shifting Flame.jpg
21KB, 312x445px
Has anyone run an Arjun deck? They seem like a lot of fun when you get the combo up and running with Leyline of Anticipation, Psychosis Crawler and Thought Reflection.

I guess in practice it's just a worse Niv-Mizzet, but it does look fun.
>>
File: JUNDO.png (700KB, 1056x368px) Image search: [Google]
JUNDO.png
700KB, 1056x368px
I want to build a Jund deck, but I am not really a fan of the ones they have (and Karthus is way too expensive).

Any of the partners could work well together?
>>
Has anyone tried to put all five C16 4-colors into a single deck? what does that even do
>>
>>50049295
LOLSELFREKTNUB
>>
>>50051533

go prossh or go home
>>
>>50051409
I think it's a worse Nekusar, but Nekusar is slightly less combo and slightly more stax. I'd recommend you compare the two.
>>
>>50051409
Wouldn't the Psychosis Crawler just die when you play something? You put your hand on the bottom of your library before you draw new cards, so it thoughness becomes zero and it just dies.
>>
>>50051533
Take Reyhan and Tana and just put a shitload of +1/+1 counters on Tana.
>>
>>50051589
i'm not a judge but i'm pretty sure SBAs are not checked while something is resolving

might be a good idea to ask here though >>>49997820
>>
>>50051607
>>50051589
SBA's only get checked after a spell or ability resolves. New abilities can trigger/be put on the stack while one is resolving, but it all goes after everything is done.
>>
>>50051607
>>50051629
Alright, that isn't intuitive, but makes sense. Thanks.
>>
>>50051546
>what does that even do
Not much sense.
>>
>>50051409
alhammerets archive is better desu
>>
>>50049670
>Anon gets his red commanders hopelessly confused
>>
>>50051409
OG Niv would work well in his 99, as well as chasm skulker. There's a red enchantment with the same ability, and Teferi's puzzle box will cycle your hand even more if you want to do that. Look up cards that do stuff when you draw or benefit from your spell slinging like gutter snipe and young pyromancer.
>>
>>50050423
It's still not complete. I'm still juggling between the creatures and mana base still.
>>
>>50047923
One thing that screams to me about this deck is that you need more Artifact Accelerants.
>>
>>50051922
I have Cluestones, Burnished Hart, a Ur-Golem Eye lost in my house somewhere I think too.

>mfw average CMC is 4.11
Well shit I should probably cut some fatties.
>>
File: 1447145808753.gif (2MB, 162x149px) Image search: [Google]
1447145808753.gif
2MB, 162x149px
>kokusho deck feels boring
>put in some other, more interesting fatties to reanimate
>no point reanimating them as long as i have kokusho available
>kokusho will never NOT be available because he will either be in the grave (where he needs to be anyway) or in the command zone (where he can be casted anyway)
>tfw the deck is basically just an ashnods altar, corpse dance, kokusho and 97 filler cards

i guess i could make this into a chainer deck instead. chainer seems really slow though. 5 mana to cast the guy, then 3 mana to get a guy off the grave, jeez.

or maybe i should use those extra reanimate target slots to put in some funstuff like grave betrayal and friends
>>
Guys how can I even stop Oloro Aetherflux Reservoir from oneshotting me in 1v1? I am playing a Tariel reanimator deck and it kills too fast.
>>
>>50052077
sydri aetherflux resevoir
>>
>>50052077
Get him below 50 life and keep him there
>>
>>50052039
If a deck is powerful but boring take it apart and build something new. That's what I did with Meren.
>>
>>50052077
tariel a fun in multiplayer
>>
>>50052039
I have the very same cards in the 99 in my Teneb Rock/Reanimator. Kokusho is a good wincon, but not the only one. Add G for Ramp and Greater Good, Add W for Removal, Lifegain and Wrath of God and the likes and you have a value machine resilient enough to survive almost anything an oppontent can throw at you.
>>
>>50052147
I always thought it was a dude. The card even uses the male form in my language.
>>
>>50052132
yeah i think i gotta. chainer looks interesting but i just don't know if the value is right about him. i don't want a commander i'd never cast, and chainer looks he might be that way. i suppose you can just plan around him dying instantly and then recur him the next turn with something? in general i don't like protecting my commanders, i just throw them out there and hope they stick

>>50052157
nah, i'm sticking to monoblack. i bought all these monoblack staples so i'm going to use them for something. i'll make another deck for multicolor reanimator. if i made this deck multicolor, the skeleton of the deck would be so different that i could just as well start from scratch. i only need to replace like 20 cards at most since the draw, ramp, control and goodstuff suites will remain the exact same even if i change the theme of the deck entirely.
>>
>>50052077
Off the top of my head:
Tainted Remedy, Pithing Needle/Phyrexian Revoker naming watertower, Null Rod, Sadistic Sacrament/Praetor's Grasp, Tainted Remedy, Leyline of Punishment, Everlasting Torment, Stigma Lasher, Tainted Remedy, Erebos God of the Dead, Tutors, Yawgmoth's Will, Stranglehold, Patrician's Scorn,

Tainted Remedy
>>
>>50049488
We have had a child ruler, though. The Sultai dude from FR.
>>
>>50052132
Meren isn't boring.
>>
>look up a long primer for a commander
>it's a mix of ridiculously expensive cards and dogshit trash jank dead draws
>some card categories are completely underrepresented for no reason, like draw or ramp or tutors

why does this happen so often? like every single primer is like this. do majority of people just not know how to evaluate the value of cards? why are these people creating netdecks for other people to look at
>>
>>50052288
I was reanimating the same creatures again and again. If you come into the situation that you don't want to do the thing that is most beneficial to you, because it's just not fun, then something is wrong.
>>
>>50052346
That's why I don't put Yosei and Corpse Dance in the same Deck anymore.
>>
>>50052207
follow up to this:

chainer or sheoldred in the command zone for a reanimator deck? i'm going to run other reanimation too, so i feel like sheoldred would be better (just reanimate her when she eats shit). opinions?
>>
>Meren player running amok with his graveyard
>reanimating shit willy-nilly, either through end step or recurred spells
>Nekusar player is a maniac, flashes in Wheel of Fortune off Vedalken Orrery end step before my turn
>draw into Bojuka Bog, play it my turn
>Meren player yells "FUCK YOU" and scowls at me
>does nothing for the rest of the game

I have never felt so smug
>>
File: 1476483803739.jpg (121KB, 352x338px) Image search: [Google]
1476483803739.jpg
121KB, 352x338px
>mfw finding a spicy combo with animation module in mazirek
>>
>>50052463
k
>>
So, let's assume I have decent chunks of free time in front of a computer, but not as much time as I'd like with actual physical cards. Would you recommend using Xmage or Cockatrice to brew and test decks?
>>
>>50052538
xmage
>>
>>50052538
Xmage has rules automation which is very helpful for some of the weird interactions that come up in EDH, but its servers are prone to instability. Cockatrice is more reliable but can leave you twisting in the wind in terms of stuff that can happen with the cards
>>
>>50052559
The automation is nice, but "twisting in the wind" is a bit much. People don't exactly need their hand held while they're playing paper magic.
>>
>>50052463
Please do share.
>>
>>50052559
more importantly, if you're playing with randoms on cockatrice, there is nothing stopping them from cheating. you can't cheat on xmage, the computer don't care who you are

if you're playing with just friends, then you might consider cockatrice better since you can do everything manually

>>50052574
xmage's rule automation is actually way more important than you might think. like every session there's a case where some rule takes effect and it's like "oh huh, i forgot about that effect"
>>
>>50052574
I suppose, but it's easier to enforce when you're face-to-face. Maybe I've just had bad luck on Cockatrice. I've been in games where people have tried to pull off some pretty blatant bullshit that absolutely does not jive with the rules
>>
>>50052599
I suppose that's true. John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory doesn't apply to face-to-face interactions.
>>
>guy playing combo in xmage
>he gets an infinite combo going at turn 7 or something
>it takes him literally 40 minutes to get lethal with the combo, 40 seconds away from timeout loss
>>
>>50052596
>>50052599
>>50052546
>>50052559
Alright, I must be some kind of idiot, because I have no clue how to open a Jar file.
>>
>>50052594

Probably something boring like infinite mana with Ashnod's altar.
>>
>>50052616
there are tutorials on how to install xmage on reddit i believe

it's kind of a bother to install so you will need help
>>
>>50052639
Eh, I don't care enough. If I have to go to a third party site to find out how to get it set up, it's not worth my time.
>>
>>50052611
You concede out of respect the same way you would do in paper magic.

Remember that you play for fun not for worthless internet points.
>>
>>50052685
in paper magic you would say "i have a combo" and then everyone claps and then you leave the table while the rest of the table competes for 2nd place
>>
>>50052702
>2nd place
Underrated meme. I'm glad you took the opportunity to use it.
>>
>>50049488
Or... Or maybe... Or maybe....

Maybe you're just full of shit, and WotC isn't here to try and compete with Pokeymans and Yugioh for the bright eyed "OH MY GOD EVERYONE DESPERATELY PANDER TO SCREAMING 10 YEAR OLDS AS HARD AS YOU CAN" market
>>
>>50052702
thats implying it is not a 1v1 but you are right otherwise
>>
>>50052594
>>50052637
When you play in my meta, infinite mana is one of the least annoying things you can do. The combo does require ashnod altar though. Animation module + mazirek + zulaport cutthroat/blood artist(purely optional unless you want to win that way) + any other creature for the initial sacrifice. Its just a different take on the pentavus combo without having to rely on ramping into pentavus. I only used to it to make Mazirek large enough to the point he can win via commander dmg
>>
File: 9516968_orig.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
9516968_orig.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50052077
>>
>>50052346
>he doesnt like casting S-TE or Solemn every single turn
>>
>>50052715
Child garruk flipwalker never
>>
>>50052820
No, I can see his point. Repeatability is very powerful in Commander, but it can also be boring to just re-cast the same value spell over and over. It's an EFFECTIVE tactic, but it can be a boring one.
>>
>>50051566
>>50051796
Thanks guys I'll look at throwing something together.
My friends mostly play Green/White and Blue/Black in EDH so they just control my first Krenko decks to the ground.

>>50051708
Why not both?

>>50051589
I was thinking this too but I did ask a judge at the local board game shop and he said what the other anons did, since the oracle text for Arjun means that when a spell is cast his ability is resolved first and then the rest of the stack is resolved.
>>
>>50050116
that art man. always.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-30+at+08.27.08).jpg (227KB, 906x774px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-30+at+08.27.08).jpg
227KB, 906x774px
Post decks, bros.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (472KB, 871x512px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
472KB, 871x512px
>>50053028
MY DECKS ARE BAD AND I SHOULD FEEL BAD
>>
File: Untitled.png (667KB, 864x741px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
667KB, 864x741px
>>50053053
>>
>>50052963
For you.
>>
>>50050547
Any way you want, anon. That's his appeal.

Cascade is value for goodstuff.
It's also value for spellslinging (build with spells that aren't conditional so as not to cascade into something like dev tide and not cast it for true value; it's also "cast" which lends itself to stuff like guttersnipe)
As Wizards suggests, it's a good chaos deck, and non-white is perfect chaos colors.
Voltron has value in that you basically get to play equipment for free, and the more equipment he has the more cascading can happen.
>>
>>50053078
Sure- it's a person-to-person thing. That's why I said "can be", not "is".
>>
File: I enjoy red.jpg (1MB, 2360x684px) Image search: [Google]
I enjoy red.jpg
1MB, 2360x684px
>>50053028
OK
>>
>>50053083
The lack of built in the proof makes it not so good for voltron
>>
File: IMG_20161002_194051.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_194051.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>50053028
Remade Braids into Rakdos recently.
>>
>>50051952
Yeah, I reckon the deck could be pretty damn good but three colour begs for accelerants, especially in a high cost deck. You're playing a control game with the deck so I reckon you could do with cutting the fatties for the rocks. Would boost the consistency something fierce already.
>>
>>50049956
Its getting worse. Not only does everything have a combat damage trigger, but now everything is being moved from the upkeep to the end step.
>>
>>50053152
You have something against green?
>>
>>50053184
...that's preferable. Things triggering on your end step means you don't have to untap with it to get at least one trigger out of it.
>>
>>50053196
I actually love green, but most of my good green cards lie in a pile for a Karador brew and my two craterhoofs are tied up in a modern elf deck.
>>
>>50053152
>blue deck with red sleeves.
How is this allowed?
>>
>>50053243
The deck is honestly more brown than blue so it kinda works. Still waiting for that UR artificer, tho.
>>
>>50050547
How do you not CD your opponent enough to even abuse him enough
>>
>>50053243
Look at this guy, I bet he doesn't sleeve his decks in the wrong colors to mess with his opponents!
>>
>>50053243
My red deck is in purple sleeves and my Golgari deck is in red sleeves

;^)
>>
File: metal bawkses.png (27KB, 1200x464px) Image search: [Google]
metal bawkses.png
27KB, 1200x464px
hey guys planning on making a custom deck box for a friend. which design do you think would be cooler for a golgari deck? number 1 seems like it would be more practical and smooth but number 2 has like a more unique aesthetic (i could style it to look like an altar)

thoughts?
>>
>>50053573
Number 2 looks cooler, because you could easily make it look like an altar or a tomb. But it's also very impractical.
>>
>>50053573
Are you actually doing it in metal? Maybe you can do the top and bottom bits of style 2 as solid pieces, idk. It looks awesome if you do it in an altar look.
>>
>>50053573
The first. Maybe you could shape it to look like a coffin with the golgari swarm logo on the top if you wanted to keep a neat aesthetic.

The altar would be cool, but I can imagine the edges getting banged or hooking on something and the box opening in your bag.
>>
>>50051546
im looking at making a Karona group hug/politics kinda thing with a lot of the meletis yidris and saskia cards.
>>
>>50048133
Lupine prototype is actually way more hilarious than just being another stitched up zombie made from werewolves

It's literally a wolf in power armor. Not a zombie, not a werewolf, just a regular fucking wolf. Given Invasion-style power armor.

"Can such genius be taught" indeed.

Ludevic should have been the minus-white 4c commander and the deck should have been all about alternate costs and any price being worth it, with land destruction, discard, creature sacrifice, self mull and more powering giant kaiju and shit
>>
>>50049811
yeah but the guy asked about being a solo goblin token producer, not a immediate gamechanger. a token producing deck with red in it would have to include multiple haste enablers. with things like untapping effects, parallel lives and illusionist bracers krenko can get out of hand real quick. even running a few good goblins can get him going faster . he is simply one of the best token producer in pure value by himself and any sort of boost makes him insane.
>>
>>50053604
wasn't going to use metal, just wood. i just named the image like that because that was the first thing that came to mind

i could also make it like this i guess? it would bang and snag a bit less. but then it wouldn't have that "brutalist" look to it.

i do plan on painting it with a randomized hue of green and black, then applying some kind of finish to make it look very glossy and smooth
>>
File: wooden boksces.png (18KB, 733x529px) Image search: [Google]
wooden boksces.png
18KB, 733x529px
>>50053712
i managed to forget the image for design 3
>>
>>50052288
>t. Meren
>>
>>50053756
I like that a bit more than 2, but I like the other anon's suggestion of using 1 and msking it look like a coffin. Maybe give it a beat up rustic look instead of making it look shiny any new.
>>
>>50053870
the thing is that this project is mostly about getting better at woodworking (my friend never asked for anything, i'm doing this for him for fun) so i wanted to incorporate wood staining and applying finish to it somehow. the finished box would have a texture similar to pic related.

i think i'm gonna go with design 1 in this case. the slick, ergonomic look would go well with the slick, glossy texture. gonna add that golgari logo at the top though. maybe i'll incorporate the weird altar design for a different deck box someday.
>>
File: 1473722734541.png (550KB, 494x467px) Image search: [Google]
1473722734541.png
550KB, 494x467px
After seeing Atraxa i want to build a superfriend deck around her but holy fucking shit why planeswalkers have to cost so much? Are there any good walkers i can get for cheap?
>>
>>50054005
Ironically the cheapest planeswalkers all have red on their costs so yeah, superfriends is expensive
>>
>>50053573
1st one seems better for travel
>>
>>50054005
Don't get them as near mint
>>
After much more Deckbuilding and Acquiring the pieces Ive been missing...I think my Deck is just about ready.

Any suggestions/comments from /edhg/ about certain choices/exclusions/still pieces missing.

Its starting to play alittle faster after drop the mana curve down under 4. I wish I had the room to include more mana rocks, but I dont feel I can cut into my equipment package or creature suite.
>>
File: 635053928587759502.jpg (124KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
635053928587759502.jpg
124KB, 1919x1079px
>>50054122
Forgot Link
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/legion-of-heaven-2/
>>
>>50053955
I'm sure that will look good. I was just trying to give you ideas.
>>
>>50054118
Why do custom card fags think they are welcome outside of /ccg?

Please kys
>>
>>50054005
What do you mean by cheap? If by cheap you mean under $10:

>Ajani Goldmane
>Ajani Steadfast
>Ajani, Caller of the Pride
>Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
>Dovin Baan
>Elspeth, Sun's Champion
>Garruk Relentless
>Garruk Wildspeaker
>Garruk, Caller of Beasts
>Garruk, Primal Hunter
>Gideon Jura
>Jace Beleren
>Jace, Memory Adept
>Jace, Unraveler of Secrets
>Liliana of the Dark Realms
>Liliana Vess
>Nahiri, the Lithomancer
>Narset Transcendent
>Nissa, Nature's Artisan
>Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
>Nissa, Worldwaker
>Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath
>Sorin, Grim Nemesis
>Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
>Teferi, Temporal Archmage
>Tezzeret the Seeker
>Venser, the Sojourner

If you mean cheap, as in under $5..
>Gideon, Champion of Justice
>Jace, Architect of Thought
>Jace, the Living Guildpact
>Kiora, Master of the Depths
>Kiora, the Crashing Wave
>Ob Nixilis Reignited
>Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
>Sorin, Solemn Visitor
>Vraska the Unseen

Unfortunately, the majority of the good walkers are $10. I used card prices from the median on tcgplayer.
>>
>>50054118
>pay 5 life to cast tooth and nail, omniscience, emrakul, whatever

seems good
>>
>>50054118
stop
>>
>>50054118
>Pay 5 life to cast a 10 mana spell
Oh I know exactly why I have this boner
>>
>>50054005
>want to build one of the most expensive edh decks
>on a budget
cheapest is probably this.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/501241#online
>>
>>50054005
It's for the best anon. Superfriends isn't a fun deck to pilot or play against.
>>
File: cool i'm unenployed.gif (394KB, 275x207px) Image search: [Google]
cool i'm unenployed.gif
394KB, 275x207px
>>50054246
>>50054257
>>50054159
Well i guess i'm going for a Voltron Atraxa or Infect Atraxa instead
>>
>>50050783
sexy.
>>
>>50054122
>>50054134
Sword of the Animist and Knight of the White Orchid fit perfectly if you need more ramp. Also Mentor of the Meek is also surprisingly decent card draw for Boros.
If you're looking for cuts, I'd suggest Hanweir Militia Captain, Boros Reckoner, and/or Northern Paladin since those all seem a bit too situational.
>>
Guys do a favor for me and rank the top 3 most viablest monoblack commanders for me (without infinite combos included)
>>
>>50054479
Kokusho
Kokusho
Kokusho
>>
>>50054479
>Xiahou Dun
>Kokopuffs
>Erebos
Honorable mention to Black Mike
>>
File: pain.png (96KB, 181x243px) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
96KB, 181x243px
>>50054491
>made that post to look for alternatives to kokusho because kokusho gets boring as a commander

fuck me
>>
>>50054479
Depends on so many different factors you're never going to get a straight answer. In my opinion, they are as follows in a nonranked list:
>Sidisi
>Chainer
>Endrek
>>
>>50054539
Just build something different for fun, tryhard.
Everyone knows Cabal Coffers is your commander anyways
>>
>>50054479
>without infinite combos included
It's called "excluded"

Anyway, I've seen Khalitas traitor of ghet being played, he seemed pretty viable. Also apparently landfall ob nixilis is pretty good, but I wouldn't know how that works.
>>
>>50054479
Horobi
King Macar
Toshiro
>>
File: worldpurge.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
worldpurge.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>50047807
Playable?
>>
>>50054539
Try out flipwalker Liliana. She's fun
>>
>>50054479
MBC the deck
sidisi
Xiahou Dun

From there on it's mostly build around me commanders. Honorable mention to chainer he becomes better depending on your playgroup.

Personally I'm a fan of original drana just go big mana and win with commander dmg or x drain spells.
>>
>>50054479
Do Toshiro next.
>>
>>50054569
>make huge manas
>play eldrazi titan
>quicken worldpurge with it on the stack
>win
I mean, at that point you could probably have won any other way, but it's a fun gimmick.
>>
File: 61.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
So, I came across this fellow here, and... People actually use him as a commander... How the hell do you ever get him cast, aside from Command Beacon? Or do you just use whatever tutor you can to get command beacon and from then on hope he never gets exiled?
>>
>>50054771
people making decks for him are simply memers
>>
>>50054771
People typically either do it for the memes, or they make a deck with him as the "commander" but actually in the 99 and the real commander is something that helps tutor him up.
Also, Ashes of the Fallen and Changelings in the deck.
>>
File: Sinkhole.jpg (27KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Sinkhole.jpg
27KB, 226x311px
>>50054771
It's speshul snowflake syndrome and nothing more. You could print "this card cannot be your commander" on a sinkhole, and a non-zero amount of players in the game are going to immediately want it as a commander. This is part of what initiated the nephilim/4-color nonsense.

Keep in mind that there are commander groups of every power level, so even the strangest gimmicks are worth something to someone.
>>
>>50054771
Command Beacon.
>>
>>50054479

King Macar
Yoshi
Gonti
>>
>>50054771
Forget him. just get phage and torpor orb. or even better. no torpor orb so when you have no other option and are going to lose you can shoot yourself.
>>
>>50054862

*Toshi, fuck
>>
>>50054479
Old Drana
erebos
kokusho
>>
>>50054824
Some of the Nephilims actually make for very interesting commanders and I weep the fact that they didn't get erratad in C16.
>>
File: 92b.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
92b.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
Quick question. Are cards like this allowed to be your commander? I imagine not since when you cast it it's not a legendary creature, but I want to be sure.

Also, can the reverse be your commander? like the black legendary ogre that turns into an enchantment? (or any of the other colours, I do believe every colour had one like that as well).
>>
>>50054896
First question: No. Unless you and your group agree on it or you play Ambassador.

Second question: Yes, they are legendary creatures at the start so they can be commanders. Like Erayo used to be.
>>
Thanks to everyone who responded to my monoblack query

I've decided to go with Liliana for fun games and shenanigans, and then swap her out for Kokusho when I feel like being a tryhard
>>
>>50054882
Case in point: this snowflake had a desire for a major functional change to the game, but has had zero exposure to errata policy, nor did he care to spend one minute googling why the chance of this happening was zero.

This is a very good example of why what some players would like to call creativity is really just being arbitrary. Creating something takes at least the tiniest amount of thought, but it takes no thought at all to throw a dart in the wrong direction and say "I want to play nephilim/sinkhole/base set 1 ivysaur as my commander."

This isn't to say that there is anything wrong with being arbitrary, it's a lot of fun even for the brightest of us. But if you truly wept over something when you could have done twenty seconds of research to save your disappointment, you probably didn't realize the difference between being arbitrary and creative yourself.
>>
Straight out of the box how balanced do the 2016 decks look against one another?

I might get them for some friends to play at a casual level if they're fairly balanced.
>>
>>50055004
I'm well aware of why they didn't, and have been since I first wanted to build Glint-Eye, a year or so ago. The weeping is figurative, and what I actually weep is that they weren't printed as legendary in the first place, something I consider to be a great oversight of the dev team.
>>
>>50054824
outsider here, why do magic players love saying "non-zero amount"?
>>
>>50050323
Not him, but I can't tell if you're really this dumb or not. They told me tg was bad at magic, but I didn't think you guys were bad at simple math.
>>
>>50055091
It's more fun to say than "some".
>>
How do i Atraxa, /edh/? More counters, or more stax, or something I am missing entirely?
>>
>>50055008
They seem pretty balanced. You'd need to play with them to get a good idea, buy each commanders power is relatively the sane given the deck they're in. Atraxa may be insane in superfriends, but her deck isn't tuned for that.
Saskia might btfo of someone 1 on 1 though. If I were getting the set to play against one another, I'd replace the partner commanders with other creatures, since the partners are weak individually
>>
>>50055401
super friends
>>
>>50055401
>Stax
I cannot wait for this meme to die.
>>
>>50055401
It's a 4c so you could go anyway you want, stax could be devastating because you could keep a permanent tanglewire or pump a smokestack up to a board wipe really quick

Here's my take, it's a wip and I would mind some feedback
https://deckstats.net/decks/21606/600314-atraxa
>>
>>50055412
Ehw.
>>50055414
>i don't like x deck so it is a meme deck
K'.
>>50055473
Thanks man, I'll look right into it.
>>
>>50055504

Obviously some things can be cut for budget reasons, I'm most unsure about the mana base, the depletion counter Land needs to be removed, i made it in the middle of the night
>>
>>50055504
Oh no, stax decks aren't meme decks.

Stax is a meme on /tg/.
>>
>>50055550
How is it a meme?
Do you know what you're talking about?
>>
>plan to convert my anafenza deck into atraxa
>realize she's actually much different than graveyard hosing and making attacking creatures a greater threat when i start building
>>
>>50055617
Yeah. You can cannibalize a bit from Anafenza, but her game plan is very different.

I tried the same thing, but ended up putting a lot more of my junk aggro cards into Saskia.
>>
>>50053142
I'd like to see that Alesha list.
>>
>>50051533
Either build Tana-Reyhan tokenspam, Tana-Ikra butts/anthems/swarm, Smasher-Ikra "everyone wants me dead but butts and lifegain keep me going", or Smasher-Tana killspells and token sack engines.

Personally I'm planning to build a deck with all of them actually in the deck, because Reyhan is comfortable in the 99. Vial Smasher might not go in.

You have options but I think the best one would be Tana-Reyhan with Ikra lurking in the 99 (since you get her anyway unless you buy them as singles.)

Tana seems really fun, but I wish her Jund options were just slightly better than the Naya power combo.
>>
>>50055504
Look at the stuff with fade counters for stax
>>
>>50055060
A simple "This card can be your commander" clause would work fine, a la C14 Planeswalkers.
>>
>>50055414
Stax will always be a thing. Where there are decks that want to rush down people's assholes to kill them fast, stax will be there to slow them down.
>>
>>50055754
My only broblem with Tana is that she doesn't feel like she could cost 4. If she cost RG or had a bigger body I'd love her.
>>
>>50056085
She -is- too expensive, honestly, but she's the most interesting Partner imo so I'm determined to find a use for her.
>>
>>50055213
It took you a long time to think of a comeback. I figured a neet would have better use of their time instead of getting their ass schooled and trying to save face, miserably I might add.
>>
>>50056120
Kresh would be an interesting card in the 98 of Tana & Reyhan.
>>
If I Sneak Attack a God (ex. Purphoros) and I don't have enough devotion to make it a creature, will I still have to sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step?
>>
>>50056304

Yes
>>
>>50048009
Why are there no secondary commanders with partner for U/B, R/B, etc?
>>
>>50054569

No
>>
>>50054346

Both of those are dumb just make atraxa with +1/+1 counters and other counters like parallax tide, etc
>>
>>50056384

Thats just what they decided, 15 partners was the number they chose and if they're all going to be 2 color then something like what they did is how it has to be
>>
File: erebos-face.jpg (64KB, 800x476px) Image search: [Google]
erebos-face.jpg
64KB, 800x476px
>>50054479
Ere day I'm hustlin
>>
>>50055091
because probably someone read or heard a ruling that has been erratic to old cards where an "x" is part of the cost and x can not be zero, hence a number(real) other than zero, but then someone heard it and said it out of context and it spread through the community. this is all conjecture while taking a shit btw, I could be wrong.
>>
File: 117.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
>>50054882
I'm actually glad this guy isn't legal as a commander even though it's my favorite card. Zada's effect is a better compromise for the format.
>>
>>50056845
Okay. I will admit that Ink-Treader is absolutely disgusting to play against. I played against a guy who had "removed all win-conditions from ink-treader because it won too quickly" only to have the whole table completely under his control until everyone but him had decked. That game was _fun_.
>>
File: hoarder's greed.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
hoarder's greed.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
Hoarder's Greed worth it for monoblack? Assuming a 50/50 chance of winning any given clash it's an average of 4 cards drawn. If you win the first one with something really big you can probably win a few consecutive draws too.
>>
>>50055966
Sure- I more mean I can't wait for "stax" being such a fucking buzzword in these threads to die.
>>
>>50057080
Read the Bones/Sign in blood/night's whisper are better. But the Pseudo-scry is pretty good, so I would rank it over ancient craving and HArrowing journey.
>>
>>50057080
Or wait, no you wouldn't because you'd draw the card on top.
>>
>>50057080
Clash cards are pretty much garbage.
Unless you're going to have access to Top yourself every time in hopes of revealing a fat card, it's horribly inconsistent at best.
It's better to go the safe route than hope for the miracle of winning three clashes in a row.
>>
>>50054479
1. Kokusho, the Evening Star (Sac Loop)
2. Korlash, Heir to Blackblade or Ob Nixilis, Unshackled (Voltron)
3. Chainer, Dementia Master (Reanimator)
>>
New thread

>>50058175
>>50058175
>>50058175
>>50058175
>>
>>50052616
Just right click and run it with Java
>>
>>50050189
I so badly want to build him but there are already 2 in my group
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.