/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 63

File: 1475975395131.jpg (582KB, 800x1422px) Image search: [Google]
1475975395131.jpg
582KB, 800x1422px
Old: >>50047807

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: ludevic.png (196KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ludevic.png
196KB, 265x370px
Who do I partner this badass with?
>>
>>50058263
The garbage can
>>
>>50058294
Which partner is that? The azorius one?
>>
>>50058263
The other RU partner
>>
>>50058263
Tymna
>>
File: Aleshacrop.png (2MB, 1131x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Aleshacrop.png
2MB, 1131x1552px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-and-the-99-weenies/

Looking for some Feedback on my current Alesha build! I've been tuning it through a few weeks of playing, and I think it's alright. But sometimes it takes an outward eye to see something wrong, or something that should be changed or adjusted.

I do think maybe I need a couple more mountains, but I'm not sure. I have good fixing in my artifacts, and ways to get access beyond just a basic land.

Also, my artist proof of Alesha! Definitely one of my favorite pieces of mtg 'stuff' I own.
>>
>>50058322
Akiri
>>
>>50058389
Personally I like it as a decent budget/fun deck but I assume other players will shit on it.
Nice proof also!
>>
>>50058423
Yeah. It's semi-casual. The mana crypt was added because I opened it in a draft. I'm also in a bad spot for fetches, since two of the ones I'd need are from Zendikar. I'll upgrade it as I go along, but I'm just happy to have a deck that is fun to play, even if it's not great or super creative.
>>
>>50058263
Kraum obv t.b.h. fampai
>>
>>50058454
I've wanted to do Alesha but decided on Nekusar as my RBX deck.
>>
>>50058516
Nekusar is pretty fun, from what I've seen of it played. The guy who runs it at our commander nights rarely wins, but he always has a blast playing.
>>
>>50058567
I only win from Wheeling into a combo or somehow lasting long enough to deck everyone else out.
It is tons of fun tho.
>>
I wish Atraxa could have come elsewhere and been all five colors. I would have built the mother of all Superfriends deck with her. Still probably will but lacking red takes away some of my favorite walkers.

I gotta figure out a few cheap tune-ups to each of the five precon decks for some casual tabletop fun among friends. Remove some of the janky fluff to make the decks a bit more deadly.
>>
>>50058175
Noob here with a dumb question. I mostly just pay standard and kitchen table games, But I'mtrying to get into this format. Should I buy one of the new 4 color decks when they come out or should I try to build a deck from scratch?
>>
>>50058577
Do you run Grafted Exoskeleton, or is that just not the gameplan you're looking for?
>>
>>50058597
I would buy an older precon with less colors.
If you like it then you can upgrade/make your own/ect
>>
>>50058601
I have it in my "sideboard" and before I play I'll put in if I wanna be an asshole.
>>
File: 17.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>50058389
I will always suggest Reconnaissance for every Alesha deck.
>>
>>50058652
Meh, I feel it's better to make her unblockable than to remove her from combat after her trigger.
Things like Key to the City, Rogue's Passage, Whispersilk Cloak, etc.
>>
>>50058612
Thanks anon
>>
>>50058666
Obviously unblockable is better, but Reconnaissance lets you untap your team if things go wrong

Plus you can use it after dealing damage for fake vigilance.
>>
>>50058352
No see I would consider playing a 4/4 flying haste that occasionally drew me cards for 5, maybe even 7 if I could conect with it that turn. Birdman is garbage, and snaketits needs deathtouch for me to even think about it.
>>
>>50058652
Yeah, that was something i was considering too. I haven't been able to find it at a card shop, and I usually try to make the rounds before I buy online. It's definitely good though, and it's on my radar. It's nice to get "when X attacks" triggers without really needing to put them in danger.
>>
>>50058666
my table groans every time i play reconnaissance. the card is painful as hell
>>
File: Thalia.jpg (258KB, 1045x764px) Image search: [Google]
Thalia.jpg
258KB, 1045x764px
I think my deck got lost in the shuffle last thread

After much more Deckbuilding and Acquiring the pieces Ive been missing...I think my Deck is just about ready.
Any suggestions/comments from /edhg/ about certain choices/exclusions/still pieces missing.Its starting to play alittle faster after drop the mana curve down under 4.
I wish I had the room to include more mana rocks, but I dont feel I can cut into my equipment package or creature suite.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/legion-of-heaven-2/
>>
File: 31[1].jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
31[1].jpg
61KB, 312x445px
currently building this guy for casual 1v1
>>
>>50059044
cool
>>
>>50059106
thanks
>>
File: tumblr_nvj6m2PMp71s3s28go1_400.png (225KB, 396x431px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvj6m2PMp71s3s28go1_400.png
225KB, 396x431px
>Atraxa superfriends
>>
>>50059264
what colour(s) would sam fit into?
>>
post atraxa lists

im not creative
>>
Hey edh general.

Sorry for the autistic rant/blogpost, but how do you guys actually get to building a deck? I'm fairly new and my biggest problem is having a million ideas for decks and then looking up cards and getting a million more ideas from those and then I just get worn from just going through all the different ideas and don't want to build a deck anymore.

I've always been told by the group to just toss together your best cards and go from there, but I only really got into the game during theros, while the second newest to the group started all the way back in original innistrad. All the amazing cards for me are few and far between, so when I want to make a deck that can stand up to theirs I have to resort to lists online and that just bring me back to the problem at hand.
>>
>>50059360
jesus christ just go on youtube or google you dumb fuck
>>
finally settled on my breya build i think

the eggs version could win turn 3-4 but it was inconsistent and not as fun as id hoped

this version is more fun, more consistent, but slower and combat oriented, more suited for friendly playgroups

ive settled at 34 lands, i still flood sometimes but i have some big card draw effects so the important thing is just hitting my first 3-4 land drops so i can play my mana rocks and such on time

so far in testing its been really fun and surprisingly strong considering the main wincon is just beating down slowly and killing everybody's creatures
>>
>>50059308
mono brown
>>
>>50059386

heres list sorry

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/robotrippin/
>>
File: snot.png (525KB, 539x720px) Image search: [Google]
snot.png
525KB, 539x720px
>>50059388
thanks
>>
any critiques for my Zada deck?

Will probably replace Gorilla War Cry with Phyrexian Altar since I just realized it doesn't target. Also probably want some space for Ruination and Blasphemous Act/Chain Reaction
>>
>>50059360
I'll give you the same advice I give every new friend, and the same advice I once received:
>7-10 draw cards
>7-10 pieces of ramp
>10 things that win you the game
>the rest facilitates a single theme, including removal

You can get fancier than that but as a rule, a deck built like this will make use of all the things you're running as best as it can. If your idea is garbage, you'll figure it out very quickly when you have all the draw and ramp you need, but nothing worth playing.
>>
>>50059433
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-11-16-zada-storm/

would help if I posted the deck
>>
>>50059374
Anon, that is neither helpful nor needed and instead of acting like a jackass, help them get better. You're the one who doesn't belong here, not our polite new friend.
>>
So,I'm new to EDH and I wanted to start playing it with one of those Commander 2016 prebuilt decks.Since I've got my eyes on the Atraxa one, do you guys have any suggestion on how to improve it? Which cards should I absolutely remove/add from/to it?
>>
>>50059469
If you're new, buying a 4c deck is a mistake because you won't understand why it doesn't work. I suggest buying a 14 or 15 precon and working your way up. The new products are very poorly built.
>>
>>50059459
i don't belong here? i guarantee i've been on 4chan for much longer than you have, kid
if some newfag doesn't know how to use google, they are beyond helping
>>
>>50059500
Look, I understand you're trying to look cool on the internet, but your attitude and demeanor makes you look like a teenage autist projecting your feelings of inadequacy. Next time, say something helpful, or say nothing at all. A poster who has been here for 11 years would know better and act appropriately.
>>
>>50059490
I do think that a 4c deck for a beginner like me may be difficult to understand and I share your opinion that buying a 2014 or 2015 prebuilt may be better (I do like Daretti), but those are pretty hard to find here. Atraxa seemed to me like a very versatile commander and I wanted to experiment a bit with her,since I'm a casual player that mainly plays with friends and I care more about the fun I can have with a deck than the results I get with it
>>
>>50059441
Alright, thanks a lot! I'll see what I can whip up with this.
>>
>>50059610
The reason I don't like 4c decks has to do with the manabase. It's neither an easy nor cheap fix to make it more efficient, whereas the other ones are generally more playable with more definite upgrade paths. If your group is casual, I suggest just buying it and rocking it out of the box. Building something and improving it are two of the most fun aspects of edh. I just would hate for a new player to draw a hand with three lands, no playable cards, and have no idea how to fix what's wrong. Tricolour decks are durdle prone, and after some playtesting half the time you can't even play your cards in 4c let alone develop a strategy and implement it.
>>
>>50059044
He's fun as fuck, enjoy.

In 1v1 don't skimp on 1 and 2 mana weenies
>>
>>50059469
the 4c decks will be a bit more difficult to pilot, but there is a lot more room for personal flourishes and improvements. In the monocolor decks, the ideas of them are pretty clean cut. Atraxa is the most general of the options, and losing out on red isn't a very bad deal considering what you get. It all depends on how you want to build the deck. If you want to focus on +1/+1 counters, Anafenza the Foremost is a good commander to look up on EDHrec. You'll find tons of ways to put counters on your army and swing in for damage. For that sort of strategy, look into cards like Mycoloth.
>>
>>50059736
Yeah,Anafenza immediately came to my mind after seeing this deck,alongside with Doubling Season and the Experiment Kraj. What pw do you think would have a good sinergy with Ataraxa and the deck's mechanics in general?
>>
>>50059829
Well, all of them. Proliferate will add loyalty to every planeswalker. If you want one with +1/+1 counter synergy though, Nissa Voice of Zendikar is an easy inclusion, and relatively cheap since she just got put into a duel deck.
Ajani Steadfast will also give your planeswalkers more loyalty, and becauseof Atraxa's proliferate, it will essentially be a -1 ability instead of -2
>>
>>50059360
I focus on my major strategy. I also tend to avoid little tricks unless they are beneficial to the deck. Basically, have a couple of wincons and avoiding having multiple strategies that clash with each other.
>>50059469
Since you have stated that you play in a casual group, just buy it and playtest. Upgrade to the direction you want or taking out cards that you don't like. The deck can give you an idea of how a deck is built.
>>
>>50059912
Yeah,I know that proliferate works on pw too,but I didn't think of Ajani Steadfast,that seems a fairly good pick.
>>
>>50059927
I just wanted to do some minor changes,in order to get rid of some cards that seem useless/unnecesary to me like the Signets,the Vulturous Zombie and the Necroplasm
>>
does such a thing as budget super friends exist?
>>
>>50060014
... Half I'd say. Stick to the cheaper planeswalkers, avoid Urza, Karn, Jace mind sculptor, stuff like that.
>>
>>50060077
>Urza
what
>>
File: Alesha.jpg (99KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
Alesha.jpg
99KB, 700x450px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-who-undoes-death-edh/

Finally got it to a place I'm happy with, at least until C16/Aether Revolt release.

Any further suggestions anons? Or is it pretty good?
>>
>>50060014

Didn't we go over this last thread? No it doesn't really exist

That said, the meaning of the term "super friends" is kinda loose, some people call a deck with only 7-8 planeswalkers superfriends, not enough to be the only theme of the deck but enough to maybe be the most prominent theme, especially if the rest of the deck is basically goodstuff and doubling season

Now obviously doubling season is expensive, but ignoring that, a deck with only 8 planeswalkers could be made on a budget potentially
>>
>>50058175
>Shit op image
>Shit op
>>
>>50060090

Ugin maybe
>>
>>50060090
>Not having Urza
>>
File: Jacetice league.jpg (678KB, 3675x2175px) Image search: [Google]
Jacetice league.jpg
678KB, 3675x2175px
>>50060164
In your dreams old nostalfag, you don't have any power here
>>
are there more cards like grand architect's tapping ability?
>>
>>50060221

Pretty unique effect, but yeah Sorta, there's that blue 2 drop that was reprinted in the Breya precon that gives your artifact spells Convoke
>>
>>50058597
The answer entirely depends on what you're interested in building. Some precons are efficient buys for certain deck archetypes, but mostly I just recommend building with singles.

Are any decks/legendaries jumping out at you?
>>
>>50060221
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text=+[tap]+[untapped]+[you]+[control]
>>
File: dominusoffealty.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dominusoffealty.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
I just want a fun Izzet Commander that doesn't rub its dick on Instant/Sorceries or Artifacts as its main focus.

In fact, what's a deck in which I can use one of my favorite Izzet card: Dominus of Fealty
>>
>>50060346
Keranos? Nin? Tibor and Lumia?
And then just fill the entire rest of the deck with temporary and permanent stealing?
Would be neat.
>>
>>50060377
Keranos is kind of cool. I actually remember someone talking about a sort of land-styled deck with him and also one that uses Obliterate.
>>
>>50060116
>>50060090
Yeah, I meant Ugin, my mistake.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxas-synthesis/

atraxa's proliferate. welp
>>
>>50060480
this retarded deck/concept is going to be the new meren isnt it, fucking everyone is going to be playing it
>>
>>50060545
no

superfriends will
>>
>>50060678
atraxa is literally a super friends deck
>>
Is Pox a viable ( viable in the sense of can win games in any meta that isn't "cards I own.dec") strategy in multiplayer? I've been testing a few lists and it all seems too slow or too easy to beat.
>>
>>50060400
Got a buddy who built this deck. It is brutally effective.
>>
>>50060545
It's the new hotness fampai. People are excited for new cardboard to play with. It'll pass in time.
>>
File: Image.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>50059988
Signets are really good. I would advise you to try them out first.
>>50060099
Why is loli chandra there? I think you need more ways of filling up your hand. Moonlight bargain looks like its perfect for alesha.
>>50060545
You'll face her and you'll like it
>>
>>50060738
I just outright blow up the field.
>>
>>50060805
Slobad master race.

Though Death Cloud can be fun too.
>>
>>50060738

Isn't pox just a specific brand of stax?

Don't see why it wouldn't work, but death cloud and such are definitely on the slower end of good stax effects so you'll need lots of really good fast mana to make it work in a competitive meta

That's pretty true of stax in general, it doesn't really work in competitive metas unless you ramp super hard with artifact mana and sol lands
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
While looking through my old binders of stuff for interesting Atraxa tech, I stumbled upon this gem. If not dealt with, the proliferation (or multiple proliferation sources) will mean a steady supply of 7/7+ saprolings. If I have doubling season out, even more obscene.
>>
>>50059447
pls respond
>>
>>50060738
It would be viable if Braids was unbanned.
>>
File: endrek.png (247KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
endrek.png
247KB, 800x473px
Edhg told me not to run carnival of souls in endrek. I pulled the trigger.

>playing endrek V maelstrom V tasigur
>have a total of 9 mana
>on table is 5 thrulls, a few mana rocks, endrek, lands, a few smallish black creatures
>cast carnival of souls
>tasigur smirks
>maelstrom casted jin-gitaxias last turn, smirks.
>I have two cards in hand and 45 life.
>I cast abhorrent overlord, I get 7 thrulls, sac endrek, and get 6 harpies.
>carnival of souls hits me for 14, I gain 14 black mana in pool.
>I laugh, and cast the last card in my hand with all the mana i have left, including some from a few swamps.
>death cloud , x=13
>tasigur tried to respond, didn't have an answer. Looks IMMENSELY butthurt. "Well. That's enough edh for tonight. *calls friend* want to play standard? "
>maelstrom guy is laughing,the entire board is in shambles apart from my abhorrent overlord and about 5 harpies.
>club the maelstrom player to death with abhorrent overlord

I love edh
>>
>>50060781
Young Chan-dere is there because she's a reanimation target for Alesha, and if she does get reanimated she'll likely survive the attack. Then I can cast a single red spell after combat to untap her, and then tap her to ping and transform her (if I have Anger in GY or Greaves out).
And yea, that looks like a neat card to add, but I'd have to think about what to cut for it.
>>
>>50059469
Go get a 2015 Commander deck. Just avoid Kalemne.

The best ones to get are either Meren or Mizzix, imo. Ezuri is pretty good and Daxos is meh.
>>
>>50059447
The creatures that give mana surprised me. Looks like you're doing something like storm but for safe measure, add a couple of spells that pump up or gives something like trample to your creatures. For draw,renegade tactics and expedite are good
>>
File: FFC5rST.png (207KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
FFC5rST.png
207KB, 265x370px
Hire did I just now realize this card existed? It seems amazing. Has anyone tried it?
>>
File: 1477508388912.jpg (133KB, 684x768px) Image search: [Google]
1477508388912.jpg
133KB, 684x768px
>Yidris precon is more akin to what you would see in Nekusar

What is the reason behind this?
>>
>>50058597
start from scratch. i'd recommend grenzo, dungeon warden doomsday like in http://landdestruction.com/grenzo-doomsday/
It's not super expensive for the most important cards, and most the expensive cards are tuned for 1v1 or easily substituted for.
>>
>>50058652
Could you untap a first striker before normal damage?
>>
>>50062094
Yes.
>>
>>50061863
I might sub that in for my Rolling Earthquake, but honestly half the time I'm casting it I need over 4 and don't want to wipe artifacts in my RB Doomsday and never want to kill artifacts in Maelstrom Wanderer.
>>
File: 848_wvb9yfen4s.jpg (53KB, 274x377px) Image search: [Google]
848_wvb9yfen4s.jpg
53KB, 274x377px
>>50062136
>Even considering running X spells in Maelstrom Wanderer
>>
File: 1446982897267.gif (2MB, 174x161px) Image search: [Google]
1446982897267.gif
2MB, 174x161px
>>50059264
>Atraxa superfriends
>>
>>50062168
God, i love that art so much more than the new printing.
The new art looks way too "clean" for something that's just crazy weird.
>>
My roomfriend wants to build villainous wealth and fork effects with rituals and mana d oublers deck, with ydris as the commander.

How do I break it to him gently just how bad an idea that is?
>>
>>50059360
edhrec. Pick out a commander you love, and go on edhrec. Keep in mind though that edhrec conglomerates every deck to suggest cards. So decks that have multiple playstyles might seem a bit hodge podge.

Go from there. If you see something cool, explore more options of the same vein. Make sure to get ramp, card draw and removal in every deck.
>>
>>50062234
Just let him play it, if it's not too expensive for him to build and has cards he'll use for other decks. Is your scene competitive? If not, just let him have a bit of a laugh.
>>
File: 3d0.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
3d0.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>50062234
>building your deck around one card, and not even your commander at that
>>
>>50060346
zedru loves him
>steal somebodys shit
>tax them for it
>redistribute it to players in need
>>
>>50062281
I think he might be the only one not laughing when his cascade whiffs three times in a row. Figured I might save him from being the butt of a few jokes
>>
>>50062168
i run two x spells, green sun's zenith and rolling earthquake b/c i've found they're worth the risk. and beside, my maelstrom wanderer just wants to hit land destruction anyways.
>>
>>50061863

I couldn't run it one deck which liked earthquake effects because that deck relied on artifact mana to pump the earthquakes and other big spells

But I do think this is really playable and strong, for control decks, or spell decks in general
>>
>>50062366
some people have to learn their own mistakes first hand
>>
>>50062366
I dunno. I have a good laugh when my deck totally fails to launch, but more because everyone's having a good time and taking the piss out of each other. I don't think making a silly deck is going to cause long-term torment.

If that's not the kind of scene you've got or the kind of person your friend is, who can laugh at themselves without taking it personal, then I'd bring up the fact that building your deck around a single card that isn't even a decisive wincon isn't reasonable.
>>
>>50061863
It's really good in my meta, which is full of artifact shenanigans. Either stealing artifacts or using daretti to make a milion of them. But even just wiping the board and blowing up a sol ring/mana crypt can be backbreaking to people.
>>
So, Tanglewire and the Parallax/Fade enchantments in Atraxa while using token spawners for tap fodder. Too evil? Too slow?
>>
File: Quicksmith Genius.png (144KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Quicksmith Genius.png
144KB, 223x311px
>>50059386
>>50059399
Holy shit, you're not playing the best artifact synergy card that has come out in the last two years.

First time I played this card I drew 80 cards in one turn and played Scrap Mastery 2 times, then my opponents died from my triggers or I probably would have been able to loot a few hundred times more (And not die due to Eldrazi Titans, thanks).

You are also missing Sensei's Divining Top (Also an infinite looting combo with a 1 mana artifact discount and Quicksmith Genius), or infinite draw with Vedalken Archmage, and generally busted card.

Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar are good, and Nim Deathmantle goes infinite with altars / krark-clan ironworks + creatures that generate tokens, which you play plenty of.

Open the Vaults is a Scrap Mastery number two. No, your opponents won't be able to benefit from it as much as you.

Roar of Reclamation is another one.
>>
>>50062513
Its not like villainous wealth is a bad thing. He can tutor for it and have backup wincons. its just that he wants a play twincast and x spells cascade. that sounds like a deck you build after losing a bet.
>>
>>50062625
>>50062234
Villainous Wealth saw play for 1 whole day at my LGS.

Then absolutely everyone took it out of their deck as all it did was make the player it targeted concede once he saw that you would win when it resolved.

Congrats you just spent 20 mana making one guy concede and achieve nothing more.
Now there's two other players that are going to do nothing but focus you, sure wish you had cast a Genesis Wave instead now.
>>
post saskia lists i wanna beat people up
>>
>>50062648
>conceding with a spell on the stack in multiplayer
What a bunch of babies.
>>
>>50062648
>Being a giant fucking baby and conceding so the bad man doesn't use your own cards against you
Your LGS sounds like a bunch of little bitches
>>
>>50062648
Villainous Wealth is not the problem here.
>>
>>50062648
>conceding to steal effects
you should oppress them even more
become the archenemy
>>
>>50062673
>>50062683
Yeah I was pretty upset about it too, since I was the one most hyped for Villainous Wealth, I actually recently got them to houserule that conceding is now a sorcery speed action.

Was tired of people conceding to fuck over the guy winning (You are swinging with the Insurrection army that you stole to kill all players, I concede to make you miss lethal on the other players, now they kill you in the backswing). Or people conceding to a mindslaver so that you couldn't use the cards to win by killing others etc.
>>
>>50062660
Take the stock list, replace the shitty partners
add in Angel of Invention, Cathar's Crusade and Elesh Norn.
Replace cinderhorn with Gisela
You did it.
>>
>>50062735
So yeah, people are now only allowed to concede on their own turn with nothing on the stack, unless everyone agrees to it.

Was one guy in particular who would concede every time you stole something big from him.
>>
>>50062299

Yeah, I always hate this. Whenever I look for any commander that runs blue, it always seems half the lists are centered on deadeye navigator infinite combos.
>>
File: 152.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
152.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kruphix-eldritch-god/

Help me make 3 cuts for:
>Leyline of Anticipation
>Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix
>Thrasios, Triton Hero

I feel like Rite of Replication should probably be one of the cuts.
>>
>>50062735
Good. Kingmaking is what kills the fun in EDH. You can just negate a huge powerful swinging play by quitting.
Some people argue it's strategy, but when the result is losing either way, you're just spiting people.
>>
File: 1331137063986.png (143KB, 332x394px) Image search: [Google]
1331137063986.png
143KB, 332x394px
>cards have arrived at local post office
No better feeling
>>
>>50062808
Spite is rational even if it results in losing some games. Its the principal behind MAD and the "ultimatum game". Google it.
>>
>>50062808
I usually have the strongest decks, and I win most often of the people in my playgroup.

So they team up against me, even when I'm doing poorly (Even when manascrewed etc). So these kingmaking concedes were pretty much exclusively going against me.

I've tried making some weaker decks but all that results in is me getting archenemied to death without putting up even a token resistance for an entire day and not doing anything, so I've pretty much embraced the archenemy approach.

They have even made 2 golden rules of the playgroup

#1, Always kill me first
#2, Don't keep grudges in between matches, except against me

I've had a day at the LGS where a guy refuses to play anything but a deck with +40 counterspells and does nothing but counter anything I do under the agreement that nobody attacks him until I die.
>>
File: Capture.png (235KB, 483x483px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
235KB, 483x483px
>>50062842
>wake up
>check mail box
>one or more smaller packets with my name on them

makes me smile every time.
>>
File: 1455336203085.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455336203085.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>50062796
Honestly, it's not doing anything I wouldn't do. Though I wouldn't run JTMS, despite really knowing what it can do on it's own. JTMS doesn't really push forward what your Kruphix deck is aiming to do, while something like Burgeoning does.

That's just my shit opinion though.
>>
>>50062870
>even if it results in losing some games
You will lose every single game you spite-concede though. Because you fucking conceded. It's a guarantee in this scenario
>>
>>50062897
>"post for you again anon this is the 6th day in a row??!"

ur damn fuckin right it is
>>
>>50062943
You didn't Google the ultimatum game. If you refuse to ever concede, you lose value in the Long term.
>>
>>50062954
>Anon, your penpals finally wrote back!

my mailman is so nice. I order cards pretty regularly about once a month, so they always arrive nearly the same time.
>>
File: kydelechosenofkruphix.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kydelechosenofkruphix.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
>>50062923
I've been kinda on the fence about JTMS for a while, but I want to leave him in a bit longer. I'm going to try using Kydele and Thrasios as alternate commanders with Kruphix in the otherwise unaltered 98 for a while. For now I want to see how JTMS plays with Kydele.
>>
>>50058175
Hey fa/tg/uys.
I'm gonna buy The Gays™ when they come out, and I wanna make it the huggiest hug deck I can.
I need advice, because I've never built hug before, any advice at all would be appreciated. I don't want any wincons except forcing my opponents to draw their entire library. (And if I really want, creature beats, but I don't want that to be my primary way of winning.)
>>
File: wort-the-raidmother.jpg (164KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
wort-the-raidmother.jpg
164KB, 464x664px
What do you guys think of my Wort deck?
I've only play tested it a bit and I find myself getting mana screwed early... though resolving a conspired boundless realms and going from 6 lands to 24 lands is pretty much the best feeling... and I'm not sure if putting more rocks in there is what I should do or not.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/2-for-1-goblins/
>>
>>50062796
I would cut TMS
People freak out when you play him, even though he's just a pretty good value card.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_UL5x0AAcbU[1].jpg (337KB, 750x519px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_UL5x0AAcbU[1].jpg
337KB, 750x519px
I have an overwhelming urge to make a Boros token deck, but the draw is just so awful. Should I push through with it or just make Thromok or something?
>>
>>50063000
Nice digits, but my advice is to not do it. Group hug decks are boring and boring and slow the game down forever.
>>
>>50063015
shiiiiit I was about to post about Wort, Boggart Auntie. Finished my Krenko so I was going to make a Boggart Auntie Deck and most likely a Raidmother deck later.
>>
>>50063000
Forced fruition is card that works.
>>
>>50063015
If it's inside your budget, go for Earthcraft
>>
>>50063000
Don't. Don't draw out the game for hours. Don't play kingmaker and give people undeserved wins. Play the fucking game or your friends will kill you first so they can then play normally.

Group hug is perfectly fine so long as it's in the interest of still winning.

>>50063050
No it doesn't. It'll draw them into enchantment destruction and they'll kill it when they're done with it.
>>
So, what cards from Commander 2016 are you guys eventually going to order?

Here it's:
Magus of the Will
2x Prismatic Geoscope
- - -
Curtain's Call
Sublime Exhaltation
Primeval Protector
Stonehoof Chieftain
Divergent Transformations

Considering I have 11 decks, this is by far the most pathetic commander set so far for me. And all the cards after the line are only good because I have a gimmick deck that promotes high CMC cards, not because the cards are good.

Probably going to add up to like $10.
>>
>>50063039
I know, I know, and I do plan on being That Guy™ that always counters game winning plays by other players. But the whole reason why is that my group bitches about our games being too short because of certain assholes. So I wanted a deck that would slow the roll a bit.
Any suggestions?

>>50063050
I like this, and I will try it, but it probably won't last long considering most people will know it's a trap.

I'm mostly looking for help with little things, like Vision Skeins and the like.
>>
>>50063000
>>50063039
Best-case scenario, you hand someone else the game.

Worst-case, you don't actually get to do anything before you get knocked out, because everyone hates hug decks.

Nightmare mode, your table is so inept that you actually make them draw their decks.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50063037
Throw in cards like howling mine, temple bell, etc. Give it a mini artifact theme so you can get access to artifact support. It'll be a casual deck but you can do something and have fun.
Also Scrying sheets and journeyer's kite

What creatures do you guys use with this?
>>
>>50063062
It's funny that you say not to take forever, because that's basically what I want.

As for Kingmaker, I hate that shit as much as the next guy, so I plan on not doing that.
>>
>>50063000
Your objective is a bit naive. Gay kings accelerate your opponents so they can easily outpace your "wincon", and stacking group draw mechanics ruins the advantage of playing the kings because the card as written gives you acceleration and card draw while for your opponents to pick one or the other. Temple bel effects make it so they get both easily.

Z edruu or pheldagriff would be better for what you want.
>>
>>50062989
That's a poor comparison. If you concede when you're ALREADY going to lose, then you have a 100% chance of losing, so just take the loss like an honorable player, and dont be so bad for the next game
or just end the game on your terms, like castin a pact and not paying
>>
>>50063070
Group hug never slows down the game, it just makes it spiral out of control even faster. Usually the guy to your left is the guy that wins, since he gets to benefit from your retarded group hug effects first.

If you are going to be "that guy" who stops people from winning, you aren't playing group hug, but pillowfort / stax. Which involves NOT playing any cards that give your opponents additional resources.
>>
>>50062697

One of my friends always scoops to bribery

He plays it off as a political thing, which is understandable I guess
>>
>>50063000
Tempting Wurm, Boldwyr Heavyweights, Hunted Wumpus, etc.
Font of Mythos
Guradians of Meletis for Flavor
Also instead of group hug make it secretly be a prison deck that wins by decking everyone else out
>>
>>50063066
I might buy the Atraxa deck to split into a Teysa and a Vorel deck I'm thinking of building, mostly because I don't actually have much of a collection at all to pull from. A hard maybe on picking up the fuccboi partner.
>>
>>50063115
>Also instead of group hug make it secretly be a prison deck that wins by decking everyone else out
I suppose I misspoke earlier, this is basically what I'm going for, I just want everyone to see me as a grouphug deck. I'm sorry that I'm retarded.
>>
File: 1477675935119.jpg (33KB, 420x443px) Image search: [Google]
1477675935119.jpg
33KB, 420x443px
>>50063062
Who gives a shit anon? Let him play the way he wants to play. You can't go around telling people what they can't do. If he gets assreamed, oh well,it's him.
>this card is bad cause it dies
I love this meme
>>
File: frog.png (202KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
202KB, 241x347px
talk froggy with me pls.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/frogger-as-of-gp-atl-102016/

I played this last month at GP atlanta. lets speak about his powers.
>>
>>50063093
You still dont get it, and you still didnt google it.
>>
>>50063108
I would make it priority number one to find and cast my 5 mana Destroy target player spell literally every game if I knew someone like that.
>>
>>50063089
>It's funny that you say not to take forever, because that's basically what I want.
Then accelerating their game plans isn't a good idea.

>As for Kingmaker, I hate that shit as much as the next guy, so I plan on not doing that.
Someone will benefit more from the environment you create, and it won't necessarily be the deck that deserved to win otherwise.
>>
>>50063129
oh in that case play arcane laboratory/rule of law with possibility storm and win via sands of delirium
>>
>>50063131
>Ask my opinion
>Give my opinion
>Well who cares about your opinion

>>this card is bad cause it dies
No, it GIVES them the cards they need to kill it, then gives them lots and lots of warning for when they have to.

Doubly retarded post.
>>
File: 1477869321259.gif (2MB, 270x138px) Image search: [Google]
1477869321259.gif
2MB, 270x138px
>>50063140
This. I like making people sperg out in a card game. Whether it's through this or with mld
>>
>>50063108
Playing with Paramount sounds miserable.
>>
>>50063131
Hey man, I asked for help, and he gave me a decent opinion. Fuck you.
>>
File: Force of Savagery.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Force of Savagery.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>50063131
>what do you mean the card is bad because it dies? It's a 8 power trample for 3 mana! It dying doesn't make it a bad card!
>>
>>50063142
>it won't necessarily be the deck that deserved to win otherwise
but isn't that always a potential issue when you play multiplayer. A single spell or creature or enchantment can lock someone out of a game that has a 'better' deck.

Not to say I like group hug, but there's always a chance you'll incidentally prop someone up higher just by playing your deck to its optimal level.
>>
>>50063166
Nigger im not that guy.
>let him play
Have some reading comprehension you faggot
That's why you don't throw around the card everywhere, only in decks that can use it.
>>
>>50063137
a) I'm not that first anon
b) I did google it, and I still don't see it as a valid comparison.
The point that we're trying to make is that conceding, particularly when it would result in one player winning, or being in a position to win, is an unfair move, and, personally I believe, the person who gets cheated out of a win as such has every right to hit the conceding player.
>>
>>50063185
in force of savagery's defense, it's a pretty good card in any deck you'll find it in
>>
>>50063140
The not the most logical Thu to do because then you basically spent a small resource that the remaining players didn't.

What you should do is hold bribery and then go for the "kill" when it benefits you the most. If the it player is a good logician, he will let you have the creature, or he will just die.
>>
>>50063192
>Nigger im not that guy.
I wasn't implying you were, and you being him had no bearing on my post. You really aren't very smart, are you?
>>
>>50063185
ommath of ragemakes this a green bolt at worst
>>
File: selvala heart.jpg (39KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
selvala heart.jpg
39KB, 223x311px
>>50063185
3 mana make 8 mana seems dank. you need a anthem, but who cares.
>>
>>50063181
Fuck you too. I felt like calling him out
>>50063185
Arcum daggson sucks cause it dies to doom blade
Blightsteel colossus sucks cause it gets exiled to swords to plowshares
Etc
>>
So on the Saturday after release I'm playing in a tournament with the top prize being a commanders arsenal. The catch? You have to play with one of this years precons. Which one gives me the best chance at winning?
>>
File: Capture+_2016-11-01-22-02-56.png (37KB, 681x235px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-11-01-22-02-56.png
37KB, 681x235px
>>50063199
Apparently you aren't smart either
>>
File: 1476111640384.jpg (104KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1476111640384.jpg
104KB, 1000x1430px
>>50063235
The real victory is having fun
>>
>>50063235
kynaios and tiro :^)
play saskia and use the partners as the commander
>>
>>50063235
Honestly, if it's pods I think "The Homosexual Agenda" has the best chance of winning, but if you faggots do French with Sol Ring for some stupid reason then "Angry Lady Who Hits Things Twice" seems bretty good.
>>
>>50063235
Is it 1v1 or in 4 man pods?
>>
>>50063250
Or this, this is a good idea too.
>>
>>50063187
Right, but that's the usual goings-on of multiplayer that people are building for. They aren't building decks in preparation of huggers toying with the table dynamic. It's about what is agreed-upon beforehand. If they're fine with a group hug deck that isn't playing a win con beyond "eventually no one will have a deck" then great. If not, I'm not sure the game will be any better than the fast meta you're trying to combat.

>>50063240
Good god, man, there's nothing implying the third line is the same person. This is all anonymous, you can just walk away.
>>
File: l.png (3MB, 1046x764px) Image search: [Google]
l.png
3MB, 1046x764px
>>50063185
>>
>>50063194
You can say anything is unfair. I could say anything that prevents me from winning cheats me out of a game.

You agree to whatever you want to with your friends, but dont pretend it has a logical basis or that you are making a "point".

In game theory, you have to be willing to lose in order to not prob an once to put you in a losing position. Th is is why the ultimatum game applies. A player who is Willing to take $0 will get more money than one that will settle for any amount.
>>
>>50063283
This is a scenario where they have a 100% chance of loss, though. Its a poor comparison.
>>
>>50059264
He's in Dimir, that's how he keeps getting away with it!
>>
>>50063283
I butchered that post on mobile. I meant to say that refusing to ever scoop provides an incentive to ignore your ability to scoop. Always scooping is also illogical. You need an equilibrium solution to not be taken advantage of either way.
>>
>>50063277
good pic
>>
>>50063270
no cause i wasn't the one asking for an opinion
>>
>>50063250
>>50063268
>>50063261
So I was leaning towards dominaria waifu and since I get the deck of my choice for entering I suppose I'll get that one. I know group hug faggots might be better for the pod set up buuuut fuck that playstyle and everyone who uses it
>>
>>50063298
If you are willing to scoop, it forces your opponents to have lethal without your cards, which means you present a higher requirement to force not that situation.

In other words, if you scoop some amount between always and never, your opponents have to play rationally instead of easily using you.
>>
>>50062796
Rite of Replication is such an easily game winning card dude, its the goodest of stuff.
>>
Is Xmage down for anyone else or is it just me?
>>
>>50062613

thank you for the suggestions, i was testing quicksmith genius and found i didnt have a lot of stuff i wanted to discard, but if i also ran open the vaults and roar of reclamation, id be more inclined to discard good artifacts
>>
>>50063411
It's a great card but lately it's just been under-performing for me. Very few of my creatures are synergistic with it and my meta is so full of removal and sac outlets I rarely get a good opportunity to use it on an opponent's fatty. Progenitor Mimic has similar issues, but at least it's a lot more tutorable off of Fierce Empath, Green Sun's Zenith, Woodland Bellower, or Chord of Calling. At this point I think I'd rather run Phantasmal Image over Rite of Replication.
>>
>>50062796
Leyline of Anticipation is pretty bad. You don't need to put that in.
>>
>>50063580
Leyline is essentially a mana doubler and mass haste effect.

When you want to win you just cast everything at the end of the previous players turn, then use your fresh turn to combo out.
>>
>>50063592
how is it a mana doubler?

Mass haste isn't worth 4 mana.
>>
>>50063580
I want to try Leyline in my list to be a little more reactive. Flash enablers are particularly great with Kruphix because if your opponents try to exile Kruphix during their turns, you can recast him before his cached mana empties from your pool.
>>
>>50063599
>Mass haste isn't worth 4 mana.
Not even anon, but I beg to differ.
Mass haste in blue, along with the ability to cast your (otherwise shitty) clone effects in response to other shit, is great.
>>
>>50063599
>get to spend all mana, then untap and spend all mana again

Essentially lets you use twice the mana uninterrupted.

That, and you never waste your mana while holding up counterspells etc.
>>
>>50063646
That's not doubling your mana. That just means you use all of your mana one turn. and then have it again next turn. Like everyone else.

I get what you mean. Leyline lets you use it as if it was your turn anyways, so your spells get the jump on people, but I'd still just rather not play a 4 mana card that doesn't do much a lot of the time.

When it's good it's fine but when it's bad it's a blank card that doesn't do anything for acceleration or even chumping. and it hurts a little too much off of an ad naus or other cards like that.

>>50063631
Most clone effects are bad, which you admitted, but using a mediocre card to make bad cards decent doesn't seem like a good usage of mana. even with the kind of haste.
>>
>>50063693
>a mediocre card
The problem with your argument is you insist this card is mediocre, despite never giving a real reason.
Give me a reason, right now, that isn't "It just is"
>>
File: stannis.png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
stannis.png
133KB, 223x311px
>>50061381
you are a stronger master breeder than i ever was. i took my endrek apart to make a tryhard kokusho deck and i'm not even having that much fun with it, it's just "ok i guess it's been pretty interesting, i'll tutor for corpse dance and ashnods and win now"
>>
>>50063743
it's a four mana card with no immediate impact that doesn't doesn't generate card advantage or even advance any particular strategy. Before you get value out of it, it's been long enough for someone to win.

The free condition doesn't make it much better, since you start with one less card in your hand and there aren't very many super cheap cards where the difference between flashing it in and just jamming it on curve matters.
>>
>>50063825
Decent reasons, fair, balanced reasons.
I still disagree, but that's just because I've seen it in action too much to agree.
>>
>>50063836
It's like you expected me to say 'it just is' and attack you :^)

And that's fair. I admit Kruphix is probably the only deck it would be on some test list for, because his synergy with it is unique, but i still don't think it would make it to the final list because of the reasons i mentioned.
>>
>>50063781

actually follow up on this, here's the last game i played with endrek

>spend the first 12 turns not casting endrek at all, just saccing ophiomancer snake for piddly lifegains and card draw
>literally just do that for 12 turns in between being board wiped because the more impactful decks are slugging it out
>the game goes on for like 25 more full turns with most of our decks depleted due to jeleva mill
>sedris player finally kills the other 2 players with deadeye navigator + bogardan hellkite, leaves me alive because i'm playing a goofy endrek deck
>little does he know, i have both a grave pact and a grave betrayal in my hand
>cast them, he has to sac his dudes, get them for myself
>he can't answer my board state since i sac my stuff in response to whatever he puts on the table, which gives me his stuff, which i can then sac again to get more of his stuff
>he actually ends up milling himself and loses

and that's how my endrek deck became the only deck in my meta to ever win by mill
>>
>>50063836
>>50063904
Thanks for your input guys. I think I'll be adding Leyline for now but I may drop if it doesn't prove it's worth in the next couple of weeks. Do you guys feel Leyline is better or worse than Teferi as far as Flash enablers go?
>>
>>50063972
Pro-Leyline guy here.
I personally like both in my decks that need it, just because Teferi really puts the nail into the coffin, and he gives you redundancy in case somebody kills your leyline.
>>
>>50063972
Depends entirely on what you need flash for.

But Teferi has the far more relevant ability that makes other people only able to cast stuff sorcery speed, so usually Teferi.
>>
>>50063972
Teferi is kind of strange because if you run him, you have an obligation to be the board police and shut down combos. Nothing feels quite as bad and king-makery as having someone combo off while you have instant speed removal in hand and the guy with teferi is just twiddling his thumbs.
>>
>>50059308

Atraxa infect is pure fucking insanity though
>>
File: endrek.jpg (67KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
endrek.jpg
67KB, 1000x1600px
>>50063912
>>50063781

Endrek anon from before replying, honestly people keep thinking that him costing 5cmc is a deal breaker, or that it makes him crappy. Ramp into that fucker as quick as possible using dark ritual , or lake of the dead, mana rocks, w/e.

He literally turns EVERY creature into crazy value, and if you put in shit that utilize saccing , you're just ABUSING it with endrek. It's easily my best deck, consistently hoses people, and my meta is not weak.

Also. The card conspiracy is fucking AMAZING in endrek
>>
>>50064154
i just don't see the value. token synergy isn't that strong in monoblack. the only good synergy are grave pact effects and smothering abomination, everything else is ridiculously low impact (like zulaport). it just doesn't feel like he's worth 5 mana. it's not like "i don't have mana to cast him" it's like "i don't want to cast endrek here because can't afford to do anything else and his tiny 2/2 body would get blown the fuck out before my next turn"

when endrek becomes manageable to cast and effectively use, the game is typically already at the point where someone is about to win with some crazy 7-10 mana spell(s) and endrek's thrulls can't really affect that

i'm confused how you've made endrek into your best deck
>>
>>50063825
>playing everything but lands at instant speed is not good

oh boy are you stupid
>>
>>50063140

Idk, I think you have a better chance at winning a multiplayer game by sticking something like Connie or Jin gitaxias with bribery than by making one opponent scoop and getting nothing
>>
>>50063693

>most clone effects are bad

Clones seem like one of the most powerful things that blue gets in edh
>>
>>50064617
Who the hell cares about the outcome of the multiplayer game?
I'd win the game I set out to play every time I made Sergeant Scoops pick up his cards and have to watch the rest of us keep going.
>>
>>50064692
Had a guy at my LGS that would concede if anything wrong happened to him.

And his only deck was an all out Kaalia deck, just lots of manarocks and big stuff to cheat in.

so if you killed Kaalia, he just scooped. Or if you blew up his manarocks so he couldnt cast, or if you boardwiped after he managed to attack with Kaalia, or Path/Sworded his Avacyn.

Now we call conceding early in an angry fit "Pulling a John".
>>
File: IMG_0523.jpg (85KB, 603x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0523.jpg
85KB, 603x604px
>>50058175
rate my LGS meta, /tg/
>>
I'm thinking of picking up Breed Lethality deck for Ghave and a few other choice cards for some other decks I've been wanting to build (like a Kraj deck)

Is it worth it? MTGOGoldfish says the individual cards are worth around $120 (obviously that's gonna fall) but all around it seems like a good deck to buy for all the potential EDH cards I can use in decks.

Should I?
>>
>>50064869
The hell is your x axis, wins? Number of decks?
>>
>>50064644
Depends on the clone. I'd say mirror image Metamorph and Body Double if you consider him a clone are stellar but aside from those three I wouldn't really run any other. Probably Vesuvan in some sort of Newzuri morph and manifest deck but that's probably about it. The nice part of clone.Dec though is it will always scale in power to the power level of the playgroup.
>>
>>50064993
number of people running said commander
>>
>>50064214
Edrek is an incredibly powerful engine enabler if he sticks the table. Mono black definetly has the tools to abuse it. As for those big game winning spells mono black also has plenty of hand disruption to help contest that.
>>
>>50064869
looks fucking terrible
>>
>put 10 draw cards in deck
>don't draw any draw cards
>put 15 draw cards in deck
>don't draw any draw cards
>play against nekusar
>draw 4 draw cards in the first 6 cards drawn

fuck you wotc
>>
File: IMG_1733.png (231KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1733.png
231KB, 265x370px
So what's do we think of Breya? Of the C16 commanders she's the one I'm most interested in since my artifact deck has gone from UW to RWU to RBU and I miss some of my W cards in it. I'm all about the color identity, but I'm not super sold on her abilities.

Won't reaper king since we'be already got on in the meta and i'd have no use for it outside of Rite of Replication.
>>
File: strands.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
strands.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
How do you guys think Liliana, Heretical Healer should be generally built? I feel like she shines in a purely recur/reanimator deck with a low cmc focus. Use her discard to put fatties in the grave, then reanimate them with either her or any of the other staple monoblack recur cards.

I'm asking because I see EDHRec and other internet people building her as "lmao discard synergy" with shit like Geth's Grimoire. Not that it couldn't be effective, I just don't like forced discard as a theme

Also I don't understand why people don't run pic related more. 1 swamp is a small price to revive a clutch Gray or whatever
>>
>>50065380
>6 mana, 2 life, and a swamp to resurrect a creature from your graveyard
If you keep doing it, it gets more efficient, but the fact is still that you're burning a land every time you do it.
Generally it's better to rely on one-off resurrection spells.
>>
>>50065380
That is a nice card. I'd probably only really use it in mono black though just to make sure you had plenty of swamps to power it.
>>
>>50065333
Any infinite mana combo wins. Nim death mantle + kark clan ironworks/ashnods wins. Can do worldgorger dragon animate dead for infite mana or etbs and mana and win. She is a combo engine with all the colors you would want. Or all the colors for artifact good stuff.
>>
>>50065429
on demand, recurrable instant speed 2 mana recur/revival with no drawbacks to the creature itself is pretty good though.

it's not a card for "okay i guess i'll recur fleshbag for general board control now", it's more of a "i drew this card in the lategame, so i'm going to recur crypt ghast and ping-pong gary between the grave and board 10 times in a row, killing everyone"

or you know, just play it on turn 3 or 4 and leave it there as a devotion enabler or an "oh shit i need a blocker" or a "i have more lands than cards to play them, i might as well recur something"
>>
>>50065333
What is your RBU commander?
>>
>>50065380
>Black card with white border
Into the trash it goes.
>>
File: Strands.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Strands.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50065521
Here you go
>>
>>50058597
Borrow a EDH deck from one of your playing buddies and see if you like it, then buy a precon that's similar. There's so many by now, and most of them are great starting points.
>>
Been playing some multiplayer on MTGO since I got around to actually finishing my Krenko deck.

What are some other good fun cheap decks? Halfway through putting together a Wort, Boggart Auntie deck at the moment.
>>
Is there such a thing as a budget uper friends deck?
>>
>>50065967
Walkers are $10+ a piece. You guess.
>>
>>50063283
There's a difference between homo sapiens and homo economicus. For one thing, sapiens knows that it's playing a game to have fun with friends, and that snap conceding out of spite is a dick move. Sure, economicus only does anything in order to win it, but nobody likes that guy.
>>
What's your favorite +1/+1 counter general?
>>
>>50066078
Atraxa
>>
>>50066078
Newzuri
>>
>>50063082
Deathtouchers.
>>
>>50066078
Ghave. Dude is a bus.

Honorable mention to Skullbriar because he used to get really out of hand in my group, and I have a soft spot for him
>>
>>50063082
Jalira
>>
>>50063082
F E L D O N
>>
File: 149b.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
149b.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
If I use Disciple of Bolas to sac this guy, do I discard my hand first and then draw 4 cards?
>>
>>50066156
Yes. He dies from disciple's trigger, then the discard trigger is put on top of the stack and thus resolves first, and only then does disciple's trigger go off.
>>
>>50066227
Thank you, and Excellent.

My Sidisi Grave Pact deck is becoming more and more nastier.
>>
>>50066156
i think you draw first and then discard but i'm not 100% sure

>>50066227
does the etb have two triggers then? sacrifice isn't a "cost" here like it is on stuff like victimize and carrion feeder, it's the effect itself. so, if i'm right, this is what happens:

>disciple of bolas enters battlefield
>etb trigger goes on stack, targeting mindslicer
>etb trigger resolves on mindslicer and the effects take effect, you draw 4 cards as a result
>mindslicer's ltb goes on stack, resolves, you discard your hand

correct me if i'm wrong though
>>
>>50066078
Marath
>>
>>50066251
Hmmm, true, shit, I'm mistaken then. The trigger goes off at the same time of course.

>>50066243
>>50066156
crap, sorry then, I was mistaken.
>>
>>50066251
actually i'm unsure if victimize uses the sacrifice as a cost or as a part of the spell effect
>>
File: 1448919126297.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448919126297.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>50058567
>Nekusar
>fun

Pick one.
>>
>>50063211
Doesn't work, since state based actions occur and there is no responding I that. Works with phyrexian dreadnought though because it'll only die once the trigger on it resolves
>>
>>50063211
>>50066585
Nvm, read your post again. Though with an anthem you'd get more than 8 mana most of the time
>>
>>50066227
Wrong. You cannot resolve a different trigger while resolving another one. Take the Yavimaya Elder example. When you sac it to draw a card, you draw it -before- searching up lands.

>>50066376
It's not a cost on cast but on resolution. You announce the spell with it's two targets, you stare at your opponents for responses, then you sacrifice the creature.
>>
File: kynaiosandtiroofmeletis.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kynaiosandtiroofmeletis.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
Can you explain this card to me? You get to draw a card at the end of your turn, so you can't even play it most of the time, and you opponents may choose if they want to draw or bring a land into play. So you have to spend four different kinds of mana to play a creature that is more beneficial to your enemies than to yourself and with a 2/8 body. What is the point in all of this?
>>
Okay so, I downloaded Xmage, and now I can't make it work. I have the client launched, but it won't let me connect to the servers, nor will it let me 'register' my username.

How do I make this fucking work
>>
>>50066657
Welcome to Group Hug. The idea is that you throw around symmetrical effects like his to get people to NOT kill you or your shit (because then they stop getting the benefits), while making more use of the "symmetrical" effects than they can because your deck is built around them.
>>
>>50066598
>You draw before searching up lands
Incorrect! The "dies" trigger goes on the stack above the 'draw a card' activation.
>>
>>50066657
You don't quite have it right. YOU draw a card, then EVERYONE puts a land into play if they want to. Then your OPPONENTS draw a card only if they DID NOT put a land into play. No matter what YOU draw a card AND get the option to put a land into play. They only get one or the other, its asymetrical.
>>
>>50064869
>that much overlap
sounds miserable
>>
>>50066720
Ah yeah, right. Mixed that up.
>>
>>50064869
>11 Teferi
>8 Zurgo
The fuck
>>
>>50064869
Absolutely disgusting
>>
File: 156-tile.jpg (1MB, 942x1341px) Image search: [Google]
156-tile.jpg
1MB, 942x1341px
Hey /tg/ !
What can you say about me just by looking at what commanders I'm playing?
>>
>>50066684
...and now I'm trying to import decks and it's saying it can't find some of the cards. And when I try to add those cards manually they're just flat out missing from the list for whatever set they should be in.

Holy fuck, people use this shitty program on purpose?
>>
>>50064869
>13 Prossh
>11 Teferi
>8 Zurgo
>7 Narset
sounds absolutely miserable
>>
>>50066799
>Tryhard Oneshot Aggro deck
>Tryhard UG goodstuff
>Stupid mill deck
>Animar combo deck
>Narset oneshot deck
>The worst BUG Goodstuff OR Zombie commander
>Meme Ogre
>Neither legendary nor a creature
>Not legendary
That you're an asshole.
>>
>>50066814
Not even once correct, except for the Stupid Mill deck. Everything is janky as it can be, and no combos.
>>
>>50066825
You're still using a non-legendary creature and a non-creature as "Commanders", so "Asshole" is still my diagnosis.
>>
>>50066799
>Maelstrom Nexus
Explain
>>
>>50066846
I use as a commander in a group hug/chaos deck. My group is ok with it, because the deck is actually really fair.
>>
>>50066864
>My group is okay with it
Your group are fucking morons.
>>
>>50066875
No, we just like fun.
>>
File: you.png (174KB, 540x695px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
174KB, 540x695px
>>50066890
>>
>>50066903
Some slight changes to the rules are OK, if they don't brake the game in any way.
>>
>>50066903
Nice strawman you got there

>>50066864
Post list?
>>
>>50066933
Using an enchantment as your commander is not a "slight change".
>>
>>50067019
It's not a strawman, that's LITERALLY his argument.

"Wow I'm just playing for fun, don't be such a tryhard" as a response to "That's not how you play the fucking game".
>>
>>50067035
He answered before that they all agreed to the slight bend on the rules of using Nexus as a commander, the image implies he does it without consulting his opponents and forces his idea of fun on them. If they all agree upon it they're not morons, they just indeed like fun or experimenting with ideas.
>>
File: Maelstrom Nexus VG2.jpg (933KB, 902x992px) Image search: [Google]
Maelstrom Nexus VG2.jpg
933KB, 902x992px
>>50067023
Using a non-creature card with a unique effect and a hard to cast casting cost is pretty much the same as using a legendary creature. EDH is a casual format after all, we allow changes of rules if no one builds anything too degenerate.
>>50067019
Pic related is pretty much the idea of the deck, but have an outdated list too:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maelstrom-nexus-chaos/
>>
>>50067062
Using an enchantment is not a "slight bend of the rules". And I don't care if his group agreed to it, that just means ALL of them are the noodly fucker on the left.

If you want to 'experiment with new ideas', make a new format for it where you can use Enchantments as your commander. Don't just hamfist a massive change to an EXISTING format and then when people call you out on it say "Wow I play for fun lol"
>>
File: Nephilim VG.jpg (927KB, 928x998px) Image search: [Google]
Nephilim VG.jpg
927KB, 928x998px
>>50067062
This guy gets it. The same is true for the Nephilim cards. They technically are not legendary, but none of them are really broken if they are a commander.
>>
>>50064869
>1 meren
>13 prossh
>11 teferi

What the fuck?

Also, that seems like one of the least fun metas I have seen
>>
File: stasis.jpg (30KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
stasis.jpg
30KB, 226x311px
Advice for running pic related as my commander?
>>
>>50067128
That's obvioulsy broken though : )
>>
>>50065469
Can someone please spell out this combo for me? I don't understand how this makes infinite mana. From what I can gather, sacrificing the two thopters to the altar and one other creature makes 6 colorless mana, 4 of which can be used to reanimate the nontoken creature you sacrificed. But then you only have one creature with Nim Deathmantle on it and 2 colorless mana. Sacrificing the creature with Deathmantle creates another 2 mana, but then you only have 4, which is the cost for the Nim Deathmantle reanimation and the combo ends.
>>
>>50067083
The question isn't whether or not they're broken.

The question is you deciding that in a format where your commander is LEGEDNARY CREATURE, yours is going to be a fucking enchantment.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/d-o-y-o-u-r-e-a-l-l-y-w-a-n-t-t-o-h-u-r-t-m-e/

Need a couple more suggestions for step one of testing
>>
>>50066802
the installation process builds character and weeds out the weak
>>
>>50067067
Looking at that list a rules interaction came to mind: How does Bring to Light work with the suspend cards without mana cost? Are they considered CMC 0?

>>50067079
>that just means ALL of them are the noodly fucker on the left
Well at least they obviously don't pull out a surprise tictactoe rules change on strangers who play with them I guess. I hope, at least.

>If you want to 'experiment with new ideas', make a new format for it where you can use Enchantments as your commander
I've been waiting for a instants/sorceries one but I know it would be troublesome because of tryhards wanting to run Time Warp or Supreme Verdict. Also I'm ok with Pauper EDH and Ambassador.

>>50067135
The nontoken is Breya, so you get the thopters to do it all over again and again from what I gather.

>>50067128
Stax be gone
>>
>>50067181
Well apparently the cards that aren't in their database aren't there because they aren't programmed yet. So it's not of a lot of use to me if I have to wait 3 weeks to begin testing and HOPE that they program in the cards I run.
>>
>>50067135
Sac her thopters for CCCC. Sac her for CC, Deathmantle triggers, pay the CCCC to bring her back, she makes 2 thopters. Net gain, 2 colorless mana.

Repeat until you have ten thousand mana. Begin saccing her, paying 4 out of your banked mana and NOT saccing thopters. You'll have a bunch of Thopters from this. Begin paying 2 mana and saccing the thopters to start bolting people. Repeat until all are dead.
>>
>>50067190
They have a CMC of 0 because they have no mana cost.
>>
>>50067167
I guess that's just not a problem for us.
>>50067190
Yes. If I cast Bring to Light for no colors (I cascade into it), I can find a card with no casting cost, like one of the 4 such cards I am playing in the deck.
>>
File: Hahaha.jpg (43KB, 231x363px) Image search: [Google]
Hahaha.jpg
43KB, 231x363px
>>50067214
>>50067222
>Bringing to Light a Living Death or Hypergenesis
>mfw
>>
>>50067190
>>50067203
Does that mean Breya isn't your commander? Because if she is, doesn't she get placed into the command zone instead of the graveyard when you sacrifice her? Or does she touch the graveyard before returning to the command zone like tokens do?
>>
>>50067247
You can choose to not put the commander into the command zone for whatever reasons, like that combo.
>>
>>50067247
You can choose to let her go to the graveyard.
>>
File: winterorb.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
winterorb.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50067035
>>50066903
>>50067079
you're being such a party pooper dude. houseruling a few things like these makes for fun games. i convinced my group to let me play pic related as my commander. it was a whole lot of fun for a while, but then one of my friend's started playing Jace, Unraveler of Secrets' ultimate ability emblem as his commander, and then my winter orb cast would get countered every time i tried to cast it on turn 2.
>>
>>50065333
EGGS
E
G
G
S

That shit is broken with Second sunrise and faith's reward. see how your opponents conced of boredom just because your turns ake 10+ minutes to complete
>>
File: Phenax VG2.jpg (844KB, 902x992px) Image search: [Google]
Phenax VG2.jpg
844KB, 902x992px
>>50067239
Casually casting Hypergenesis turn 5 from nothing that way has happened more times than you think.
>>50067175
Dismiss into Dream would be pretty good in your deck
Pic - Stupid mill deck
>>
>>50067292
I see you like losing to others topdecks
>>
>>50067292
>Dakra Mystic gets a spotlight but no Wrexial
Oh c'mon son
>>
>>50067247
Putting them in the command zone is an option, not a mandatory thing.
>>
>>50067270
My playgroup solved that by letting us houserule Cavern of Souls to affect artifacts, since my commander is an artifact and the meaning of that card is to make your tribe uncounterable.

Since I get to start with whatever hand I like I always choose that in my opening hand.
>>
File: Narset VG.jpg (875KB, 902x992px) Image search: [Google]
Narset VG.jpg
875KB, 902x992px
>>50067337
Yeah you're right...
Also have a Narset with zero extra turns and zero extra combat phases.
>>
>>50067292
Oooh, Dismiss is a good option. I use it in an Enchantress deck now, but it may work better there. I'll try to test it.
>>
>>50067175
Arcbond?
>>
File: Xenagos VG2.jpg (879KB, 902x992px) Image search: [Google]
Xenagos VG2.jpg
879KB, 902x992px
>>50067270
You're forgetting that no sane person would choose Winter Orb as a commander, because its obviously unfun and no one would want to play against it.
>>
File: memento.png (79KB, 888x437px) Image search: [Google]
memento.png
79KB, 888x437px
>>50067428
>"my fun is better than your fun"

i bet your shitty playgroup has banned the use of memento mori too
>>
I'm going to choose to believe enchantment-commander-guy is trolling, because I refuse to accept that anyone could be that retarded.

That said, I do think it would be cool if Wizards printed a few non-permanent or non-creature commanders. There's precedent in the walker commanders, and I feel like it'd be pretty fun.

>Infinite Insight | 2UU
>Legendary Sorcery
>Draw X-2 cards, where X is the amount of mana you paid to cast Infinite Insight.
>Signature (This spell can be your commander. Instead of going to the graveyard after being cast or countered, it is put back into your command zone, and costs 2 more to play for each time you've cast it.)
>>
File: 2016-11-02-10-17-52-898491955.jpg (9KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-02-10-17-52-898491955.jpg
9KB, 178x248px
Been having fun running pic related as my commander
>>
File: Sidisi VG2.jpg (895KB, 902x992px) Image search: [Google]
Sidisi VG2.jpg
895KB, 902x992px
>>50067527
>>50067663
>>50067706
You are really missing the point...
>>
File: Image-2.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-2.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50067729
The card advantage in my commander is insane
>>
>>50067729
How do you build pictures like that? I Really, really like them
>>
File: Cc-EFsMWIAApbyK.jpg (61KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cc-EFsMWIAApbyK.jpg
61KB, 375x523px
my group plays roborosewater cards as commanders. heres mine
>>
File: saddsag.png (211KB, 1918x1033px) Image search: [Google]
saddsag.png
211KB, 1918x1033px
>>50067801
I use a program called "Photoscape", you can download it for free. Then you use "Page"and this how it looks. You just drag images of cards you want to order.
>>
>>50068014
>>50068014
>>50068014
Migrate, fuckers
>>
>>50067729
My Sultai Sidisi has been in the shop for ages. You really dont have a lot of creatures in it, it seems, how smooth does it run,
>>
>>50067428
My hokori deck would like a word
>>
>>50066251

The sac isn't a cost on victimize either
>>
>>50067079
>Massive change
Partner mechanic and creatures that have abilities that can be triggered or activated in the command zone is a bigger change than playing an enchantment.
The legendary creature bit was selected for flavor/ease of access.
>>
>>50060346
Yasova!
>>
>>50066720
I just realized it said EACH player.

Suddenly it's a lot better.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.