[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1123: How Jumper Got Their Groove Back Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 406
Thread images: 58

File: 1442013359136.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1442013359136.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>49715469
>>
If your chain were to end right now, what settings you wished that you could have jumped?

Either with an existing jump or without one.
>>
>>49718909
An OC, a Mage picked up from Hero BBS. Previous posts were her first speaking lines ever.

More storytime to follow once I've had my coffee. Unemployment land is awful.
>>
>>49721702
Monster Girl Quest
>>
>>49721702
Most of them. I just started a new chain.
>>
>>49721702
Hellboy
>>
>>49716817
>>49716845

Thanks, guys. I fiddled with alignment and bolded some text; hopefully it's no longer eyestraining.

I think that's about it, then. Unless anyone else has something they'd like added or fixed, this is probably the final version. I hope someone has fun with it.
>>
>>49721838
Forgive me if this was asked last thread and I missed it, but how do the corporate relationships function post-jump? Is it like Board of Directors where you have a relationship with a similar group adjusted for the setting, so Caduceus Biologics (just for example) would get you ties with another biomedical company?
>>
File: 1387408044847.gif (446KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
1387408044847.gif
446KB, 500x405px
>>49721838
>want to go to high tech more modernish settings
>can't due to all my forms being horribly out of place
>no way to have advanced enough tech to disguise self
>suck shit at illusion magic
>would probably be nuked on sight looking like a primal zerg/dragon/kaiju on space drugs
Being a kaiju jumper is suffering.
>>
>>49721949
Most of them give you a human form.

Unless you've ruled that you can't get human forms it's not a problem.

If you have ruled that you can't get human forms it's your fault anyway and you could easily have seen it coming.
>>
>>49721949
>suck shit at illusion magic
Well, there's your problem. You need to git gud.
>>
>>49721931

Nah, the 100CP corps don't transfer to future jumps. Is that too weak for the price? I didn't really belabor the point in the doc, but taking one of them really puts you in their good book if you stay useful to them.

>>49721949

I always imagined you get a human form if you don't go drop-in. I mean... your backstory in-universe is gonna be pretty weird otherwise.
>>
>>49722023
>Nah, the 100CP corps don't transfer to future jumps. Is that too weak for the price? I didn't really belabor the point in the doc, but taking one of them really puts you in their good book if you stay useful to them.
No, I don't think it's unreasonable. I just wasn't sure. Thanks for responding.
>>
>>49722023
>>Nah, the 100CP corps don't transfer to future jumps. Is that too weak for the price? I didn't really belabor the point in the doc, but taking one of them really puts you in their good book if you stay useful to them.
Not him, but personally I dislike paying CP for things that'll only ever be useful for that single jump.
>>
File: 1439934162900-1.jpg (16KB, 297x218px) Image search: [Google]
1439934162900-1.jpg
16KB, 297x218px
>>49721987
Unfortunately I made the mistake of not going to a more modern setting quicker where the weird could more easily be downplayed. I'll figure out a way to deal...somehow.

>>49722023
Luckily I haven't run into that problem yet ironically. So far I have avoided needing a human history. So I dunno how this will fix itself when I inevitably do.

>>49722010
I will have to attain skill. I'll just have to find an illusionist willing to teach a kaiju new tricks.
>>
>>49721702
>Bastard!!
>Light of Terra, or I would if I didn't needed to take Cultist-chan with me
>Mignolaverse
>>
File: Crown nya.jpg (79KB, 876x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Crown nya.jpg
79KB, 876x1412px
>>49721949
>Not having multiple avatars at your disposal

Do you even Nyarlathotep?
>>
>>49722070

Yeah, that's fair. There are a lot of people who only like CP purchases that stay useful forever. I wouldn't charge more than 100 for something like that. Personally, I'm willing to pay CP for a short-term benefit, in the right situation.
>>
What exactly are the requirements for martial arts in Exalted? The mortal gauntlet has a couple of sections that say 'if you can learn them', but arn't terestial styles available for everyone?

And how would a mortal learn celestial styles, either in the gauntlet, or in future jumps?
>>
Why is even DLC fucked for Deadlight Broken jumpers?
>>
File: image.gif (77KB, 482x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
77KB, 482x480px
>>49717854 #
A remember to the thread that Custom Robo is done-done, and yet another reminder to myself that 2am is a horrible time to make announcements.
>>
>>49722166
>What exactly are the requirements for martial arts in Exalted? The mortal gauntlet has a couple of sections that say 'if you can learn them', but aren't terestial styles available for everyone?
You need to be able to use your Essence for Terrestrial styles. So, most mortals can't learn them. Enlightened Mortals can.

>And how would a mortal learn celestial styles, either in the gauntlet, or in future jumps?
Not. They're limited to Terrestrial styles.

The only way for a mortal to learn Celestial styles is to become /more/ than a mortal. So if you really want to learn them, you have to become an Exalt or a God.
>>
>>49722166
The requirement is that you need to have awakened Essence, which is technically optional in the Mortals jump even if I can't see any reason why you wouldn't get it. As for a mortal learning Celestial styles, they can't. Mortal humans are cattle, in the world of Exalted. Be glad you can even learn Terrestrial styles.
>>
>>49722243
>>49722254

Then why bother having the option for getting pearlescent courtesan style if you can't ever use it?
>>
>>49716811
Continuing from before.

Nymph constantly asks to imprint me as her Master, but I refuse each time and make sure she instead spends more time with the party in slice-of-life scenes. I understand how Angelroids work, but I need her to be able to work independently if the party is ever separated somehow. More than that, I don't want her to be solely dependent on me, especially if I keep winding up in the hospital bed over and over again. I really need to get a faster-acting healing factor. Or, you know, actually fix the problem Serena pointed out.

That's when Chaos showed up.

It seems Minos' growing hatred of us was enough to make him prioritize us over Tomoki. Not that I could blame him, but you'd think the incredibly powerful superweapon platform with full sentience would be a bigger priority than a dimension-hopping jackass and his hitchhiker friends. So that's when Chaos attacks us. Unfortunately, this was one of my bad days, so I wasn't really in any fighting shape myself. That left it up to Link, Joe, and Serena.

Initially, the fight goes in our favor, until Chaos starts adapting. Quickly. Minos had already upgraded her Pandora unit with our previous tactics and battles in mind. Eventually, Chaos fucking TRANSFORMS into an even stronger form, complete with theme song. I wanted to transform, but Serena had told me that exerting myself with another combo would likely create an injury...a ‘sacrifice’...I couldn't get back.
>>
>>49722299
I tried fighting Chaos with my Keyblade, using Light as well. Unfortunately, she wasn't really ‘evil’ so much as ‘insane and not of human morality', nor was she made of said evil. And after my previous times using it, my Keyblade was about as effective as tin foil. For my troubles, I am rewarded with lots of love from Chaos. Before anyone makes further harem jokes, at this point in time Chaos fully believes love is pain and promptly shanks me in the shoulder with her wings.

I don't care about the fact my regen and durability has basically carried the day so many times to this point, it doesn't do shit for the pain.

With most of us down for the count and me getting yet more body scars, Kamen Rider Hypersonic appears, Sakura having her full host of powers ready. She hadn't taken to the field since the end of Kingdom Hearts, but it seemed she had been busy training during all of our adventures and free time here. She puts up easily the biggest fight out of all of us and even manages to destroy Chaos' shiny new wings, grounding her and turning the tide.

Then we hear something. Singing. Not from me or Chaos, but from Zeera, who was singing far away. It was Do You Remember Love, vivid and clear, with the injured Joe providing background trumpet to the sound of the song. I'm incredibly confused and don't understand what they're doing, and neither does Chaos, but the lyrics about love get her attention. She was about to excitedly leap to show them her ‘love’, before she listened closely to the song...and just froze. Like she was trying to understand it, to process it in her digital mind.
>>
>>49722313
Eventually, Chaos got a hasty order to retreat. Apparently, some sort of FIGHT was happening in Synapse, when a certain Resident went rogue and promptly began fighting Minos. I honestly expected it to be over right then.

But even though he wouldn't shy away from a fight, Frisk would never personally deal a killing blow. Neither was Minos someone who could be reasoned with. So eventually, he'd have to retreat from Chaos. I'm processing all of this in my mind before Chaos herself flees, not in the skyward direction of Synapse but instead off into the horizon. I'm going to call this a win mostly to ease my bruised ego and shanked shoulder.

I later learned Zeera would meet and sing to Chaos, trying to act as a big sister to her and teach her a non-stabby form of love. I don't know how successful she was, but we never really saw Chaos again.
>>
>>49722288
Two reasons: Firstly, that perk offers more than just knowledge of Dream Pearl Courtesan style. Secondly, there are other Exalted jumps. Well, only one other, at the moment, but people are working on more. All of the ones being worked on would give you access to Celestial Martial Arts by default, and the currently-existing Dragonblooded jump can give you access to CMA just by learning two charms.
>>
Chain Reset: Jump 2 - Avatar the Last Airbender

Background: Nomad (Free) - I have a plan, and it involves taking Airbending here. So I'm a little limited on options.
Nation: Air Nomad
Starting Location: Middle of Nowhere (Whaletail Island) (Rolled) - Not fun, but we should be able to Teleport towards civilization.

Abilities:
+ Spiritualist (150, 850) - Basically all the Spiritual powers of the Avatar, in one handle little bundle. I doubt I'll use it much during my time here though.
+ Tradesman [Blacksmithing] (100, 750) - I've always wanted to know how to do this. The lifetime of experience is a lovely bonus.
+ Tradesman [Baker] (100, 650) - What? I had 100 points left over and I like bread.

Bending Abilities:
+ Bending Arts (100, 550) - Airbending.
+ Utilitarian Bender (100, 450) - Airbending with precision.
+ Cooperative Bender (200, 250) - LOTS of Airbending.

== All told, I start off as an Airbending master with a number of tricks under my hat. Can't say I'm complaining.

Items:
+ Clothing (Free): How the heck to Air Nomads stay warm in these robes?
+ Air Nomad Glider (Free): A staple, which will make travel a lot easier once we find Raven one too.
+ Set of Maps (100, 150): I mean, come on guys, this is probably the best set of maps ever!
+ Master's Scroll (200, -50): Airbending version. At least this way Raven can learn too.
+ Wealth (50, -100): In the form of precious gem stones. Because /everyone/ trades in gemstones.

Drawbacks:
+ Marked - Airbending Tatoos (+100, 0): These look a lot less silly in real life. At least the proper clothes can help cover them up.

Story Time incoming. If anyone wants to read it.
>>
Have you ever been a Dick?
Not just a dick, but a D I C K
Borderline Sociopatic Troll?

I was, it was hillarious.

I took Danmachi, and wanted one of those living weapons Hephaistus said would never make again. Of course I did the reasonable thing.

After a rejection i opened my own store, because "i really wanted one, i put feelers around to get one and was going to stay a while"

Then i proceded to crash the economy.

Darksider's Maker perks, MArvel's migthiest Nine Realms craft, minecraft industry, runeworks, Naruto sealing etc. Plus feed with resources stripmining from the minecraft book-worlds.

I flooded the market with fantastic and sometimes brokenly powerful weapons, armors, shields, wands, staves, enchainted rings, pendants and clothes, and even boosting potions. All of them practically given away. Anyone who tries to actually mess with the business either walks out with new shit or ends up in the dungeon. I had to expand several times.

Eventually, Heph caved in and come to the store to shove the weapon in my hands.What do I do? I take the thing, Yell "SURPRISE DISCOUNT: EVERTHING'S FREE! GET IT OUT OF MY STORE" By this time, everyone got used to my kind of bullshit.Store was picked clean.

I calmly walk out along with Heph, take out a "Marble" and throw it in the store.

Everthing gets destroyed and sucked into a black hole. No more building.

I walk into sunset with my new sword.
>>
File: 1468201467027.jpg (250KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468201467027.jpg
250KB, 1440x1080px
>>49722432
I do, I do!

Mine's almost done, too.
>>
>>49722432
Shit, this is Jump 3, not 2.

There was no interview with my Jump Coordinator between Jumps. It was simply Raven and I sitting in a white void with a new Jump Document placed in front of us. We spent a little extra time there as I explained the whole process to her in greater detail. She didn't know enough about the world to help with any of the choices, but seemed pleased when I mentioned the Master Scroll would allow her to gain some new abilities.

Starting in the middle of nowhere was a pain, but we managed to make it to Gaoling in a few days by walking and teleporting across the small stretch of ocean. Once there we quickly buy some less conspicuous clothes and do our best to blend in while unabashedly marveling at every sight and sound around us. The lack of modern conveniences is a bit of a pain, but Raven manages with only minimal grumbling and I spent most of Pokemon camping.

As we have five years before the story line I'm waiting for kicks off, we sort of wander around the world. Highlights include using my Geokinesis to fake Earthbending and be crowned the Champion of Earth Rumble Stadium. People start calling me the Two Punch King and I play it up like a ham for the crowd's pleasure. Raven rolled her eyes a lot.

Eventually we headed north to Wan Shi Tong's Library. My maps proved invaluable, leading us right to it. The Spirit inside was still very grumpy, but Raven bribed him with several book from another existence. /That/ got his attention. We stayed there for roughly half a year and we only ended up leaving because we ran out of camping supplies. I had to all but drag Raven out of there. We stole nothing but copied a lot of Airbender history that had since been lost.

>"But I don't /want/ to leave!"
"Raven, we're out of food."
>"I can survive on knowledge!"
"Well I can't. I'm about to start eating foxes over here."
>*whimpering fox noises*
>>
>>49722313
Frisk finally joined us and told us what had happened (okay, it's more like Chara told us what happened, but you get what I mean) in Synapse. Turns out the huge showdown had basically cemented our popularity there, the entire thing being treated like a huge reality show. It wasn't helped by the fact Minos wasn't really popular, especially after his constant string of defeats by a bunch of random downers. He had even resorted to trying to use Rule to erase us, only for that to fail miserably.

Eventually, Minos is foaming from the mouth in rage at his own impotence, and soon builds a giant robot suit in hopes of defeating us personally. I wish I was making that up, but I think all the publicity we got from Synapse and all the Tokusatsu things eventually drove him absolutely insane. I shudder to think what would have happened if I chose Jumper MELAN.

A showdown ensues and we're eventually victorious, Minos dying in the inevitable explosion.

After that, well...Synapse seemed to returned to stagnancy. Life in Sorami slowly returned to normal. Ikaros and Tomoki seemed to be happy with this result. I still have no idea what happened to Chaos, since Zeera doesn't talk much about it. I guess we won. A near-decade of peace in the Japanese countryside isn't such a bad prize, I think.

Two long storytimes in a row. This is probably the longest one, too.
>>
Is Infinicon an OC setting?
>>
>>49722596
4chan created. Like CATastrophe, or VELOCity
>>
>>49722596
pretty sure it's a /tg/ setting like magical girl noir. So, not in the created by the jumpmaker sort of way.
>>
>>49722558
We pay an extended visit to Ba Sing Se, practicing our new skills in secret, annoying the Fire Bender siege outside by making their life miserable, and generally relaxing for well over a year. I set up a small forge and practiced blacksmithing to keep some money coming in. Raven set herself up as a history scholar using knowledge attained at the library. She doesn't make much, but the Royal Palace grants her admittance to it's library, which is all she really cares about. At night we play Pai Sho, talk about our day, and generally enjoy doing whatever we feel like to pass the time.

The third year finds out in the Northern Water Tribe's capital city. It's beautiful and the people are surprisingly friendly, but we don't stay long. I've never been a fan of the cold and Raven refuses to put warmer clothes on. No, Raven, a fur collar does not help when we're at the North Pole! Put on some heavier pants for once!

After that, we test our luck a little too hard. We make an attempt to visit the Fire Nation. Not the best idea, considering my tattoos, but we go anyways. Thanks to the Guidebook/Map, we manage to make it as far as the capital city because disaster strikes. A Fire Nation soldier makes several untoward advances on Raven. She does not take this kindly. That is like saying a hurricane is a soft Spring breeze. To make matters worse, in the chaos that follows a significant portion of my jacket is burned off, revealing my tattoos.

In the end we are followed all the way to the Si Wong desert by basically everyone the Fire Emperor can toss in our direction. We only lose them after Raven and I manage to conjure up a sandstorm with our Airbending and teleport away under it's cover. We had tried dozens of times to lose them with the same trick, but kept tripping across Fire Nation troops the entire way. By then it was nearly the middle of year 4, so we head back to Gaoling, stock up on supplies, and head to the Southern Air Temple to await Aang and the gang.
>>
>>49722751
By the time Aang shows up, Raven and I fixed the temple itself back up into nearly respectable shape. We can't repair any of the major damage, but there's no longer skeletons littering the rooms or weeds choking out the courtyard. It's easy to lose track of time when you're living in the middle of nowhere with your best friend. My first impression was not my best. He had come while I was napping and Raven had to shake me awake. Aang is high energy at the best of times, so you can imagine how he reacted to finding not one, but two Airbenders still alive. My groggy brain caused me to be a little blunt with him when he asked about the others.

He took that about as well as you would expect. Thankfully Katara talked him back down off his Avatar rage. I apologized, but she was decidedly not happy with me for a while afterward. We ended up staying around the temple for a week. Raven and I explained how we even existed by using a rehearsed tale about a few families of secret Airbenders that had managed to escape the Fire Nation. We were both very clear that the three of us were the last we could find though. Sokka was the most suspicious of the bunch, continuing to pick holes in our story wherever he could find them, but Aang soon put a stop to it. It didn't matter to him. At least we were there. Nothing could keep Aang down for too long and soon we were headed towards the North Pole as per normal.

We laughed and joked together, even Raven, as we rode Appa northward. I didn't realized then that it would be the last time any of us would laugh for a long, long time.
>>
File: Blade & Soul.jpg (593KB, 2659x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Blade & Soul.jpg
593KB, 2659x1700px
Any word on the D.Gray-man and Blade & Soul jumps?
>>
File: 96e4f5de9e87fc570363dd3b37867c12.jpg (741KB, 1000x733px) Image search: [Google]
96e4f5de9e87fc570363dd3b37867c12.jpg
741KB, 1000x733px
>>49722891
I did very little to derail the natural order of events for a long time. We hit up Kyoshi Island, Chin Villiage, Omashu, Haru's Villiage, and Hei Bei's Forest in the next few weeks. My presence there failed to make much of a difference to events for a variety of reasons. It was actually surprisingly how true to the show events stayed despite my actions. I began to think that nothing I did could derail the plot in this world, which filled me with mixed emotions. I was glad that I couldn't accidentally hurt Aang's eventual rise to being the Avatar, but I dreaded a few events I knew would be coming up. If I couldn't change them, it would be a rough ride.

However, everything took a violent left turn when we reached Crescent Island. We arrived to find a Fire Nation ship tipped over on the beach, bodies scattered across the beach. It was a gruesome sight, but the strangest part was the lack of wounds on the soldiers. In fact, there appeared to be no reason for the crash at all. The ship was whole and we could find no reason for the death of the crew. It wasn't until we were turning to leave the sight that I noticed something. A short distance away a few initial survivors had set up a crude campsite. I investigated, only to find more death. One of the soldiers clung desperately to a sodden journal. I pried it from his fingers, no small feat, and started leafing through it. Rain or sea water had destroyed much of the text, but what remained sent a chill down my spine.

>"... a sickness unlike anything... Sages... no cure... war effort abandoned.... Royal Family... no survivors... looking for... Zuko and Iroh... take his place on the throne... Spirits help us... it burns it burns it burns it burns it burns it burns...."

I ran back and showed this to the rest of the group, who were no less disturbed by the implications. We continued to the Temple to allow Aang to contact Avatar Roku, but the message had changed dramatically.
>>
>>49721702
Rebirth, Age of Sigmar, the John Carter of Mars series, and Xanth.
>>
>>49722571
Bit of realtalk before I put the roll list up.

We have about 600 jumps and I can make detailed write-ups or improv at least half of those. While I'm having fun with this so far, I don't think I can do this forever, much less keep going by roll list format for several weeks.

Do you all want to keep following this Jumper's story or is this a good point to leave off? Main reason I went by roll list was to break the monotony I had setup from previous chains, and it's worked beautifully so far. If you want to keep seeing these stories, should I stick to the roll list or no, now that I've got a foundation going?

I know it's my chain, but you've been a great (possibly captive) audience so far, so I want to hear about it or if yall have had enough from one Jumper.
>>
>>49723128
I'd be fine if you stopped having to roll and were able to choose what jump you wanted to do next, as long as you kept writefagging.
>>
>>49723128
Do you have self confidence issues or something? Because your writing is amazing, and yet you keep asking if you should stop.
>>
>>49723149
I'm thinking that, too. At least, now that I have a narrative going.
>>49723163
Less confidence issues and more worried about making a faux pas. I mean, I'm basically writing about a glorified self-insert at the length of several threads, nonstop. I figure some folks would want breathing room after a while.
>>
>>49723128
If you wanna keep going, I'm cool. Not like threads aren't a renewable resource.
>>
>>49723043
The war was suddenly the least of everyone's problems. Roku told of a plague that now threatened the entire world. The Fire Nation was crippled by it and it was quickly spreading. No one had even the slightest idea what was causing it or how to cure it. Roku urged Aang to head north with all possible speed, seek out the Waterbending Masters and learn what he could. The world desperately needed hope and healing and lacked much of both.

No one slept well that night, or the next. Aang drove Appa as far and fast as he could, hastening towards the North Pole. Along the way we discovered several empty villages. Each one we found only deepened the worry in Aang's features. Raven and I pooled out collective knowledge and poured over our books in an attempt to discover an answer, but neither of us were really doctors or even medically inclined. A dark feeling began gnawing away at my heart. I felt personally responsible for the tragedy happening to this world. Had I done something to set this in motion? Raven and I were literally the only two changes to this universe, so it had to be us, hadn't it? Or had the Coordinator simply dropped us into a different reality.

Either way, Raven was forced to try to keep my head above water as darkness slowly nibbled at my soul. Katara and Sokka were preoccupied doing the same with Aang. He also blamed himself for every life lost. I might have laughed at the parallels if the world wasn't dissolving from plague around us.

Outside the Fire Nation Resort, we came very close to true disaster. We camped for the night, as normal, but in the morning Aang and Katara never woke up. Sokka, Raven, and I did everything we could think of trying to wake them. Slapping, splashing water, loud noises, but nothing woke them. Their bodies behaved as if they had a fever, yet their skin was ice cold to the touch. Their breathing rapidly grew uneven and ragged. At one point only some CPR saved Katara when her heart stopped.
>>
>>49723241
You're worried about writing about your glorified self insert, in a thread devoted to making glorified self inserts?

That's just silly.

But no, I like your writing. If you REALLY feel paranoid about this, then maybe slow down some, but don't stop.
>>
Unrelated, can I get some tosses? I might as start sometime...
>>
>>49723292
Girls und Panzer
>>
>>49723274
Agreed. We're all horrible Mary Sue fanfics, here. So long as it's entertaining (which Heavens' writing is), your story isn't going to offend anyone.
>>
>>49723292
I toss you to Boktai, because that is fun.
>>49723274
And thanks, man. I'll do Custom Robo next just since I said I would. I've got a stable arc going, so I'll be hand-picking jumps now.
>>49723312
Glad to hear it, friend. Alright, I'll keep going.
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (103KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
103KB, 498x441px
>>49723241
>I'm basically writing about a glorified self-insert
>>
>No one has done a Jackie Chain, where you only do jumps where you can meet a version of Jackie Chan
It'd probably be okay to do jumps with OC companion options, just to make sure you have enough.
>>
>>49723292
Rome
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Star Wars The Clone Wars
>>
>>49723292
The World Ends with You.
>>
So, a question.

In Avatar, can I talk to spirits directly like first Benders and have them grant me the other bendings?
>>
>>49723322
Yes... Do eeet...
>>
>>49723292
Hero BBS/YushaBan.
>>
>>49721702
Worm. It's pretty much the only setting I have plans for that I haven't Jumped yet because I'm waiting for the update.
>>
How do I kill an Endbringer with a spoon?
>>
>>49723416
Potentially, if you can find them. But there's only one Lion Turtle left that we know of to grant you the elements, and it presumably takes a very powerful spirit to maintain the synthesis given that only Raava and Vaatu have been seen to do it.
>>
>>49723507
Too lewd.
>>
>>49723507
Use Sting on the spoon.
>>
>>49723241
it's far more impressive than my writefagging, so please cont
>>
>>49723507
Option A: Sting
Option B: Heavily Enchant it in ways that ignore durability.
Option C: Have Light of Judgement from FL and a lot of combat perks, make sure the spoon is really durable.
>>
>>49723526
Simurgh is made for lewd.

>>49723527
>>49723548
Thank you.
>>
File: 4083e2d83ffc62ebd04cdc8ec662c7c8.jpg (679KB, 1920x1357px) Image search: [Google]
4083e2d83ffc62ebd04cdc8ec662c7c8.jpg
679KB, 1920x1357px
>>49723272
I understand exactly how Heaven feels.

In the end, Raven and I were forced to use our Cambion healing powers to save their lives in front of Sokka. Even then, it took nearly an hour of concentration. The damage was so extensive, so quickly. If this was truly how the disease operated, no wonder the world had no idea how to cure it. Sokka was too happy to have his friend and sister back to ask immediate questions, but they did come. Where did we get such powers? They certainly weren't Airbending of any kind. I tried to talk my way around the issue, but no one was having it.

>Aang: "If it's not Airbending, what is it? TELL US!"
"... I could lie to you again, tell you it's a forgotten technique or that I'm half-Spirit or some such, but I'm tired of lying. I'm a friend, even if I can't tell you what this power is."
>"How can we trust you?"
"I can be a friend and have a secret, Avatar. I will gladly use my power to help the world. But no matter what explanation I give, you will always wonder if it too is false. So, for now, let me help you save this world."
>"For now... that is enough. But I will have answers from you."

The ride to the North Pole was tense and quiet. I had become strange and untrustworthy in their eyes, for all that I saved their lives. Sokka was too grateful to really care but even he was more reserved around us. When we finally arrived, we discovered a city battling for survival, but not on the edge of collapse as I had expected. Waterbending healers were doing their best to cure the sickness. Aang and Katara's case seemed to be an exception. Normally the disease took several days to turn deadly and several more to finish off the sick. Aang and Katara dove into training like people possessed while Raven and I turned to figuring out a better way to use our powers.
>>
>>49723365
>Rome
Shitposter jump
>>
File: baitimus maximus.png (5KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
baitimus maximus.png
5KB, 468x468px
>>49723577
>>
>>49723586
I get that that's supposed to be "Gr8 B8 M8", but since M is a Roman numeral I'm reading it as "Gr8 B8 1008".
>>
>>49723507
Make it a Spoonbringer.
>>
>>49723606
Mater tua criceta fuit, -et pater tuo redoluit bacarum Sambucus!
>>
Speaking of numbers (a shameless segway) -

In Exalted, how does a Mortal live to 320 years?
>>
>>49723497
>Waiting for the nerf-train

Sorry to hear that.
>>
>>49723670
Hearthstones, artifacts or divine blessings. Thaumaturgy can't keep them alive that long, the most you'd get from that would be 160 or so.
>>
>>49722433
kappa
>>
File: avatar555.jpg (272KB, 437x600px) Image search: [Google]
272KB, 437x600px
Ignore him.

What jumps are the best for fashion and fashion accessories?
>>
>>49723572
In the midst of all this, we caught up with the news of the world. Ba Sing Se has been virtually wiped out by the plague. The Earth Emperor had managed to escape, but he was one of the few. Less than 1% of the population had escaped before the gates were sealed from the outside. The Fire Nation siege had suddenly turned into a joint effort with the remaining Earth Nation forces to keep the infected from spreading.

There were also reports coming in that the Fire Nation had been hit especially hard by the disease. The Capital was all but deserted and the entire Royal Family was dead along with much of the courts. The few uninfected ships were said to be searching for Prince Zuko and Iroh as the last remaining members who could take the throne. I was not terribly disappointed to hear that. Azula and Sozin had done much to harm this world, but nobody deserved what was happening. I only hoped the situation did not go too far the other direction. Aang being unable to learn Firebending because there were none left would be ironic, but devastating to the Avatar chain as a whole.

Raven and I soon learned how to pool our abilities to cure multiple people at once, but it was still an exhaustive process. We saved who we could, but the disease continued to take more than we could save. And that was in just one, mostly isolated, city. The weeks passed slowly, but in a blur as my brain was too tired to remember much detail. Raven and I healed until we collapsed, then slept just barely long enough to regain our energy, had something to eat, and started the process all over again.

It wasn't until the Avatar learned enough about healing to be useful that the tide truly turned. Healing may not be a masculine art in the Northern Water Tribe, but it was what the world needed right now. With the city clear, the Waterbenders were finally free to head out into the world to help combat the damage as much as they could. It helped. Slowly, eventually, it helped.
>>
>>49723508
Synthesis and powerful spirit you say?

Talk more
>>
>>49723773
Disney Princess.
That one weeb series about embroidery
>>
File: Aku.png (43KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
Aku.png
43KB, 403x403px
>>49721702
Infernals. I fucking LOVE the Infernals stuff in Exalted. Plus I want Justice to have a chance to punch Ebon in his smug fucking face.
Look at it! Look at his smug fucking face! Isn't it just punchable?

Also Hellboy, Scion, Dungeon Keeper, Evil Genius, and Planescape Torment

>>49722254
I wouldn't call them cattle. More like Generators. My friends call them "Prayer Batteries", but batteries don't produce power, generators do.
>>
>>49723711
>Thaumaturgy can't keep them alive that long, the most you'd get from that would be 160 or so.
How would I use thaumaturgy for that?
>>
>>49723586
>>49723606
>>49723643
>this again
Fuck off and take this garbage with you.
>>
>>49723773
Career Model: Obvious.
Sburb: Turn anything into clothes.
>>
>>49723832
Use the Art of Geomancy to attune to (and possibly create, if you have to) a demesne that grants you the Long-Lived mutation. Then use the Art of Alchemy to make Age-Staving Cordial.
>>
>>49723670
>>49723711
Hearthstone is by FAR the easiest method, there is a Hearthstone that makes you Ageless, you will never die from age.
You just need to find, or make, a Manse that produces that Hearthstone.
>>
>>49723804
Okay, so no human can naturally use multiple bending styles at once. Wan got around this by having Raava hold onto the elements he wasn't using and swap them out for him. So every time he got to a new Lion-Turtle, he'd have Raava take away his bending, then the Lion-Turtle would energybend the new element into him. Eventually, he and Raava merged, and he could use multiples at once that way. So get a powerful spirit (the Legend of Korra jump has an option for this, so that's solved) and then find people capable of energybending. Which is probably just Korra, at this point, the Lion-Turtles seem to have vanished off to somewhere unknown.
>>
>>49722571
Jump 20: Custom Robo
Origin: Drop-In
Robo: Ray Mark I
Perks:
Victory Fanfare - Woo! I'm awesome!
Glowing Aura of Significance
Sky Dash [800] - I have no idea what I'm doing.
Expression
Test Fight [700] - I mean, it's like Pokemon with robots, right?
Doppelganger [400] - YOU I LIKE.
I Demand A Rematch [100] - This will be handy.

Items:
Commander's License - Neat.
Badass Outfit - Nice. [50]
Spare Parts - Tiny gun! [0]
1100 Dollars

So, um. I'll be honest. My memories of Custom Robo are a vague recollection from my Gamecube days, since I never actually owned the game myself. I just know people stare really intently at each other while fighting each other with mind robots in funny glowing bubbles. So it's like a hobby mixed with Yu-Gi-Oh serious business with apocalyptic consequences, if I guess this right? Well, I'm on break after Lost Property, so I mostly just do casual Robo battling where possible and hang out in the background.

I'm not ashamed to say hiding in the Warehouse and tinkering with technology is probably what I do when things get hairy.

It's totally not because I'm worried I'll finally exhaust myself into nonexistence or death from overusing combos or my other powers and trying to find a solution to this. Nope. Not me.
>>
File: Hearthstone.png (171KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hearthstone.png
171KB, 300x300px
>>49723879
Exalted card game on I AM when?
>>
>>49723670
Just steal the Perfect of Paragon's scepter.
>>
>>49723826
Eh, I think "cattle" works fine. They're creatures that exist for the purposes of feeding the people who really matter to the world and that are utterly incapable of living outside of domestication (all that changed between the Time of Glories and the First Age is who the farmers were). They're definitely some sort of livestock.

>>49723879
You'd have to find it. The Stone of Immortality is a five-dot hearthstone, mortals can't build a manse strong enough to generate that.
>>
>>49723945
Energybending can grant any bending?

Alright, hm
>>
>>49723989
But Mortals CAN pay a Dragonblooded Sorceror to summon a Second Circle Demon who can build a manse that strong, and who like building manses.
>>
>>49723993
In theory it can. Though Aang never uses that as a way to generate more Airbenders, so read from that what you will.
>>
>>49724023
I don't think the Dragonblooded can summon Second Circle Demons, not without the Mantle of Brigid.
>>
>>49723945
>so get a powerful spirit (the Legend of Korra jump has an option for this
No it doesn't? It gives you a weak headmate with no powers. It's not a powerful spirit.
>>
>>49723773
At the risk of self-shilling...

-Warframe I busted ass in trying to make for Fashion, and Bayonetta has some stuff for that along with Macross and God of War
-Gundam AGE also has some nice stuff
-Aion and World of Warcraft has stuff to help out with changing the looks of outfits
-The Incredibles and that one Bride jump with embroidery could help
-Lord of Light has a capstone which could make stuff you create get bullshit and good looking
-TWEWY and High School of the Dead has stuff where as long as you're wearing a piece of the armor, your clothes all gain the same protections and magical effects. Also seriously comfy to wear.
-There's so many seamstress/tailoring perks in the chain it's sick.

That's off the top of my head.
>>
>>49724023
No they can't. Firstly, the only Dragonblooded who can summon Second Circles is Mnemon, thanks to the Emerald Thurible. Secondly, any sorcerer strong enough to summon Second Circles is going to demand a much higher price than money, because conventional resources mean nothing to them at that point. You're going to need to get some pretty impressive barter lined up.
>>
>>49724066
It's a strong spirit, it's just passive. It's not that it has no powers, it just isn't using them.
>>
>>49723799
I love reading this kind of stuff. Keep being awesome.
>>
>>49724205
It isn't. It literally can't do anything at all and has no powers. On what basis are you assuming it has abilities that are not listed in the perk?
>>
File: 1441840262364.png (158KB, 1203x881px) Image search: [Google]
1441840262364.png
158KB, 1203x881px
>>49717788
Prior Writefagging I posted

>>49683582
(Doom 2016) #59
-Background: UAC Researcher (Free) -Don't mind me. I've just been working here.
-Mythos Lore (Free) -Humans have sought to find demonhood, huh?
-Rise of Lazarus (700CP) (Discount) -A ton of knowledge on the inner workings of demons is nice.
-The Doom Wiki (Free) -Keeping this place intact is kind of needed.
-Argent Energy (500CP) (Discount) -The energy of demons will be mine to use.
-Argent Cybernetics (200CP) (Discount) -Welcome to the next generation.
-Demonic Form (100CP) -I guess it is time. Being human... I'm done with it.
-Lord of Hell (-600CP) (Discount) -It's time I changed. I will retain my self, but the body shall change. Also, 16'5" in height.
-Prophecy of the Seraphim (-9000CP) -My coming was foretold, friend. Will you fight destiny, or help it?
-Pistol (Free) -Yaaaay peashooter.
-Research Tools (-1000CP) (Discount) -It's like I was freaking made for this.
-Too Late (-800CP)
-Locks and Locks and Locks... (-600CP)
-Ultra Nightmare (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Mars: Argent Tower, 24 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

So we're all familiar with Olivia Pierce, right? Was totally fine before Samuel showed her an artifact from Hell, she went over to Mars and took charge of the Lazarus Labs, turned the place into U̶n̶i̶t̶o̶l̶o̶g̶y̶ a cult worshiping demons and put pentagrams on everyone as 'team tattoos' while making dark rituals mandatory and wanted to make a deal with Hell to ascend to become a demonic god? Granted she was badass in having a titanium exoskeleton grafted to her so she could tell her deformities to suck it and denies all pain meds despite the pain being EXCRUCIATING, but she still pretty much wants to sacrifice humanity and permanently keep a portal open in exchange for being ascended to a demonic form.

The story maybe goes a bit off the rails from here.
>>
Discussion about Destiny got me thinking what old jumps still hold up pretty well today?
>>
>>49724275
Most of them that do have been updated at least once.
>>
File: 1277916119295.jpg (16KB, 352x292px) Image search: [Google]
1277916119295.jpg
16KB, 352x292px
>>49724267
Imagine if you would, another average day in the Lazarus Labs. People being creepy, demonic corpses being studied, other demons being weaponized via cybernetics, artifacts and stone tablets being studied, the works. There's little revered greetings they may do with each other, theorycrafting about how to utilize the latest advancement in cybernetic augmentation while ensuring it synergizes with the demon in question.

Then an accident happens. There's an unexplained build-up of Lazarus Wave energy in one of the labs, and if it goes off it could affect everyone in the lab, including Olivia. Now she wants to be a demon, but not like this. Not being turned into a Possessed instead. She starts trying to figure out how to get out of there. At least, until that part of the lab suddenly goes on lockdown and seals itself. One of their researchers apparently made a sacrifice and bit the bullet.

What a tool.

Still, nice for her. She gets to keep her sanity, the whole wing isn't compromised, and it's just one person who dies. Even if it was one of their top scientists who was pioneering their understanding of Argent Cybernetics along with the study of demonic physiology, humans were ultimately replaceable. Research could be recollected and rediscovered. The sensitive equipment in the lab on the other hand, is much harder to get. So all in all? She'll totally allow someone who's stupid to go off and get herself killed. Someone else can take up the mantle of bridging the gap between Argent Energy studies and the SEFT (Spiritual Energy Field Theory) that surrounds the manifestation of demons. This is why one backs up all of their information after all.

Then two days later after they recovered the lab and are back on track, Olivia gets word that the scientist is alive. Not only that, her mind is completely intact. Hayden recommends she visit the scientist in the hospital room, if nothing else to be courteous to someone who saved their asses.
>>
>>49724275
Bad topic at the moment, the shitposter is about.
>>
>>49724248
The fact that it's a primordial spirit of Twilight that is impressive enough that just being its host leads to other spirits regarding you with respect. Either it's powerful but holding back, or it was powerful at one point and spirits still respect it out of memory for that. So I suppose it could be the second, and you'd need to build it up if you want it to be strong.
>>
>>49724072
Warframe isn't for fashion!!!!! even though that's why it's still around
>>
File: 1458230688066.jpg (203KB, 753x753px) Image search: [Google]
1458230688066.jpg
203KB, 753x753px
>>49724313
What greets her in the hospital room is a sixteen foot demonic amazon who's giggling while watching movies off of a movie streaming site. How they managed to find a sweater and a pair of jeans for her at that size at such short notice is insane, and none of the staff seem to know where it came from. But there she is. The very thing Olivia had been trying to make countless deals for, planned to sacrifice thousands to achieve... and this scientist, out of nowhere, got it by sheer accident. She became a powerful demon.

Olivia asks if she's okay, maybe trying to ask how it feels to ascend. Imagine her surprise when the newly christened demon says that while it feels nice, she just wants to get back to work. Imagine her rage when the demonic woman says it was nothing special, even being humble during everything. Olivia was trying to become what this woman had become, and they were just playing it off, reciting the F.E.A.R. (False Emotions Appearing Real) teachings she used to indoctrinate the rest of the work staff. Everything out the window, all because of an accident. Worse, she was even talking about finding ways to use herself as a basis to transform other people into demons like her. This was not the plan.

Another day later, the Argent Tower starts going haywire. The demons are released, and a massive Lazarus Wave is discharged to zombify the staff. Olivia makes her move, and programs the doors to refuse any certain demonic types from entering and exiting rooms without the proper keycards.

So turns out trying to become what you want to be? It can really piss people off. Whoops.

It was probably a contest of whether Doom Marine pissed Olivia off the most, or if I did.
>>
>>49724382
>Warframe isn't for fashion!!!!!
Is it for lewd?
>>
>>49724393
Only if you're BPNPC
>>
File: Shiiiiiiiiiit.jpg (47KB, 494x366px) Image search: [Google]
Shiiiiiiiiiit.jpg
47KB, 494x366px
>>49724267
>>49724313
>>49724384
Also whoooops. That Seraphim should be a -900CP, not -9000CP. I'm a tard.

Thought I'd try some short writefagging this time around, hopefully people enjoyed it.

>>49724382
>all that shiny stuff
>all the customization
>not for fashion
>>
>>49724346
A title means nothing without feats or abilities. You're making raw assumptions outside of the perk's text.
>>
>>49724384
>>49724444
Important question Demon Mistress of Quads.
How much did Doomguy/The Doom Slayer try to kill you?
>>
>>49724444
It's for >immersion

TWW never ever
>>
>>49723799
Sorry readers. Small break for lunch.

In a strange way, the disease did what Aang would have eventually managed by stopping the Fire Nation and Sozin. It united the people of the world in an effort to save it. The Water Nation healers helps anyone in need, no matter what side of the previous hostilities they were on. It was suddenly more important to save lives than it was to take them and everyone understood this. Earth and Fire Nation soldiers worked together, Water Nation sailors ran supplies to towns heavily depopulated by disease or simply evacuated them entirely. Earthbenders used their talents for constructive purposes to create temporary homes, Firebenders gathered and set fire to the dead, and in the midst of it all, we traveled.

We traveled to small cities with only a few people in need of healing. We flew to Ba Sing Se in a vain attempt to see if there was anything we could do. Aang tried several times to heal wide areas while in Avatar form, despite everyone insisting that there were few enough inside left to save. He saved some, but it was a paltry handful that did little to ease his guilt, or mine. Eventually we made it to Gaoling again. The Earth Rumble Arena has since been converted into a hospital. A part of me had been expecting it to still be open, Earthbenders competing for the silly title and screaming at each over in over the top voices.

Toph had survived, her family able to afford to isolate themselves from the disease, and ended up training Aang in Earthbending. Truth be told he was little interested in learning it on top of everything else he was trying to do. Aang's inflaggable energy was slowly crumbling under the stress of the world on his shoulders. We tried to help him feel better in little ways. His favorite foods, an extra hour resting while we did the chores, that kind of thing. It wasn't much, be he admitted to me years later that it had been all that had kept him from breaking down.
>>
File: 1276121044893.gif (208KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1276121044893.gif
208KB, 400x225px
>>49724456
>How much did Doomguy/The Doom Slayer try to kill you?
I don't want to talk about it. He tried to kill me so many times the first few attempts. Holy shit why. I didn't even shoot back, I just tried to hide. I tried to negotiate, but he kept trying to shoot at me. Silently. It took slaughtering a Baron of Hell right in front of him and using its corpse as a flail to make them START to consider not killing me, on top of giving them information on how Argent Energy was functioning and how to upgrade their equipment even further with it.
>>
>>49724455
Like I said, it makes all spirits respect you. So there has to be something there. I concede that it might not actually be powerful. But there has to be some reason why it's garnered respect. It's really up to fanwank why that is. I'm not all that invested in this position, I was just proposing one potential way to do it. You can find some other spirit, I don't really care.
>>
>>49724455
Not that guy, but I don't see why the buyable twilight spirit wouldn't be able to do what all the others can. Of course, if the others can't do that bending nonsense, I don't see why the buyable one would be able to either.
>>
>>49724560
I think it's respected in the same way that a very wise old elder is respected. While bereft of most of its power, the spirits of others worlds still respect the Spirit that represents Balance, given his great age and important duties.
>>
>>49723951
Jump 21: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Surpass my limits.
Origin: Soldier [950]
Perks:
Spiral Energy - So this is the power of the Spiral...it's really something.
Fighting Skills - Even more skill can't hurt.
First Among Comrades - Alright, you prehistoric morons, listen up. [900]
Giant Robot Piloting License - Haha. [700]
Good Old Fisticuffs - Fight me like a man, damn it! [400]
Punch Through the Heavens! - COME AT ME, BRO! [0]

Gear:
BFS
Pistol [1000] - Bang, bang.

Mecha Import: - Durandal [1050]

Companion Imports:
All Companions can now generate Spiral Energy.

Drawbacks:
OPEN FIRE! - LEEROOOOOOY [1050]
Mute - ... [1250]
Hey it's...that guy [1350] - It's actually not [Demon on Wheels] this time. Probably because they're competent.

The plot isn't terribly important, at least, not from our perspective. The Durandal with Spiral Energy is enough to make short of almost anything in our way, likely to the alarm of the Beastmen. We assist Littner village under the guise of a mystery group of helpful strangers, and I start handing out a lot of my workshop tech like candy. Which isn't much, admittedly. I never bothered to actually solve the ‘lack of spare parts’ problem until Robo and most of my stuff isn't really made for combat. It sure freaked out the Beastmen when we sent the Canine Warriors armed with jetpacks and bark-powered rocket launchers after them, though.
>>
>>49724613
What is important is my discovery of Spiral Energy. When I finally unlocked it outside of piloting the new Durandal-X2, I could feel the fatigue and heaviness in my body vanish. I may not be capable of what endgame Simon could do, but the boost somehow managed to bring my ‘collapse' to a complete halt. I'm not going to question it. I don't need to. What matters is that I'm finally back at full strength and don't have to be carried by my companions.

Something else I notice is that the lack of verbal communication isn't a very huge detriment to our teamwork. Sure, I can't explain to the locals anything about my stuff or how it works, but we all know each other so well that it's not really necessary between me and my companions. Highlights include Zeera going back into huge mode and tipping a Gunmen over like a displeased cow. She was really apologetic about it, too. Frisk also managed to befriend the vast majority of the Beastmen we defeated, often turning them to our side. The growing Dai-Gurren Brigade was against it, but we managed to talk down any real conflict.

I'm beginning to wonder how many of life's problems can be solved just by introducing Frisk to them.
>>
>>49724513
What could have caused this mysterious plague? Vaatu? An angry spirit? Some cosmic horror that's taken an interest in the jumper and this world? Or is it the Benefactor, deciding to screw with you for her own amusement? This seems a little too dark, even for her usually trollish ways.
>>
>>49724593
>twilight spirit wouldn't be able to do what all the others can.
KOTOR made it up for this role, and has said in past it can't.
>>
>>49722558
>>49722751
>>49722891
>>49723043
>>49723272
>>49723572
>>49723799
>>49724513
I am loving this Yoro. Keep up the good work.

>>49724524
That's about what I figured.

>>49724627
>how many of life's problems can be solved just by introducing Frisk to them.
More than you would expect, less than you would hope
>>
My answer to everything that i ever do again Madara

Thousand Fist(hustle) + Deja-Fu (wuxia): try to dodged that sharingan
>>
>>49724666
>read the jump text
Sounds like it can't do it then.
It also sounds like a waste of 200 cp. It should probably be fifty, beings it can't actually do anything.
>>
>>49724682
>That gif
Didn't that end with the Forest Spirit getting really fucking pissed and kicking the shit out of humanity.
>>
>>49724593
It doesn't have any bending powers. This is stated in the jump.

>>49724560
Perk fiat.
>>
>>49724726
Nah. I work with spirits a lot. I'll take a boost to relations with spirits for 200.
>>
>>49724730
Fucked if I know. I've never had the opportunity to see the movie, the quote has just been stuck in my head for YEARS due to a commercial with the quote playing on toonami.
I'll watch it eventually
>>
>>49724726
That's what a lot of people said when it came out, yeah. It used to function just like Ravaa and whatever, but it got nerfed when people complained it was 'too good'. Sadly it was overnerfed into being useless.
>>
>>49724722
It'd invent a new power to stop you.

>>49724682
>Kon jumper who was making this jump has disappeared.
>>
>>49724734
>It doesn't have any bending powers. This is stated in the jump.
We weren't talking about it giving you bending powers, but doing spiritual shenanigans. And it doesn't specifically say anything about anything in the jump about it doing anything other than getting spirits to respect you.
And I was speaking about it should be the same as canon ones, which, as far as I can tell, there aren't any. So it probably can't do much of anything.
>>49724751
It still seems like a 100 cp/freebie perk to me.
>>49724773
I agree with that. For some kind of ancient spirit it's... underwhelming.
>>
>>49724726
Its a species limited charisma (equivalent) perk, if you're going to use it its good, if you aren't it sucks, just like anything else.
>>
File: a3ccc4d9ac337121e6b1f02d3e63f69b.jpg (856KB, 1000x1020px) Image search: [Google]
a3ccc4d9ac337121e6b1f02d3e63f69b.jpg
856KB, 1000x1020px
>>49724513
Eventually, we make our way into the Fire Kingdom lands. Many of the cities have already been decimated or evacuated, despite the Water Tribe healer's efforts being focused there. It was a grim sight but we had long since gotten used to those. By now the plague had mostly died out, save a few small pockets still being battled. The world was beginning to pick up the pieces behind us. Ba Sing Se was slowly being cleansed, though no one especially wanted to live there. Many of the refugees ended up being settled where I knew Republic City would eventually spring into being.

It was scary how close the pieces were falling into place, despite the drastic changes to the world.

Emperor Zuko offered a cold reception and harsh words, obviously coming from the grief he was suffering with. It was strange, to know his history and understand how badly his family had treated him, yet watch him all but break down as Iroh and Aang did their best to console him. He hated his family, but now that they were gone, he desperately wished they weren't. Zuko never even spoke to me, yet I walked away with an ache in my heart and a powerful message seared into my mind. Family was all that most people truly had. They were often broken, fit together wrong, but when they were gone you still missed them.

Raven didn't understand why she found me crying. She just hugged me until it stopped.

Our time ended with the world's problems still far from being solved. The Three Kingdoms were working together, but hardly united even with the Avatar returned and in full command of his powers. Republic city had named itself and started constructing an independent city dedicated to spreading peace across the lands. Many towns were still depopulated and struggling to survive. The white mists closed around Raven and myself, leaving behind only a small note of apology, promising the Avatar that I would see him again, in the next life.
>>
>>49724768
It's a pretty good movie, though also rather dark compared to other films made by SG-

>>49724794
>Kon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EnsUeR2MyI
>>
>>49724730
Sort of, the plan though wasn't to take it's head and then be done with it, iirc they planned to play keep away all night long.
>>
>>49724825
I just assumed that it's skill at smoothing over your relationships was commensurate to it's price. For me, it's effectively a stronger than average Charisma Perk for spirits. I also later imported it as a Guardian Force. Good times were had.
>>
>>49724834
It's a species limited minor charisma perk. It has limited use even when interacting with spirits. Even if it was more broad spectrum, it wouldn't be worth 200 cp with no chance of a discount.
>>
>>49724868
>they planned to play keep away all night long.
That was the plan after they realized they fucked up, apparently no one considered that a god of life and death might not die when it is killed.
>>
File: They die when they are killed.jpg (62KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
They die when they are killed.jpg
62KB, 1440x1080px
>>49724912
>>
>>49724837
Everything changed when the fire nation attacked.
>>
>>49723670
Since we're sort of allowed to build a character in the jump if you pick godblooded or fae blooded you can take the immortality mutation for relatively cheap.
Otherwise you could always pick it up later. Just be aware that its random as fuck.
>>
>>49724907
>It's a species limited minor charisma perk
Source? I mean, I'm assuming you have something saying it's weaker then the price tag suggests because no one would ever lie on the internet to make a point, but I haven't seen it.
>>
>>49724949
Respect is a single reaction that doesn't guarantee anything. It doesn't increase your ability in anyway. If you don't call that minor, then what would you? Unless you think they start bowing and scraping, but there's nothing about it making them servile.
>>
>>49724275
Infamous. No really it's held on a lot better than pokemon for being jump two.
Sure it would be totally different if it was made today, but there's nothing mechanically wierd or wrong about it and it does the setting justice.
>>
>>49724985
Considering that could be represented as the D&D equivalent of a +20 on a passive diplomacy to determine initial attitude, and there is no situation where a +20 on anything in D&D could be called 'minor' then, with all due respect, I'm going to have to disagree.
>>
>>49724275
Harry Potter.
CCDT is truly a god amongst men.
>>
>>49725093
>D&D equivalent of a +20 on a passive diplomacy
You're joking, right? It's the equivalent of having a friend that get you into clubs without waiting in line.
>>
>>49725105
I thought he was a cat amongst men.
>>
>>49725113
Could be either, but unless you can show me a source proving it isn't worth the price tag I'm going to have to say it is.
>>
>>49725144
I guess we fundamentally disagree then. I just can't see the equivalent of an introductory letter that grants no authority being worth that much.
>>
File: 1471932139473.png (1MB, 1199x458px) Image search: [Google]
1471932139473.png
1MB, 1199x458px
>>49724664
See below.

>>49724682
I'm thrilled you're enjoying all this. I like knowing I'm not just yelling into the void.

>>49724837
This time, the white void was not empty. The Jump Coordinator sat cross-legged a short distance away. He was dressed in a dashing three-piece suit of reds and blacks, immaculately clean and tailored to fit his thin frame flatteringly. I still couldn't look at his face. A glance in Raven's direction told me she was having the same issue. It didn't stop her from trying, going cross-eyed in the process. The Coordinator exuded an air similar to that of a pleased cat, smiling with every bit of his being.

>"Now that was an interesting turn of events, wasn't it? Not quite what you were expecting, hmmm?"

I shivered at those words, all the way down to my soul. I was hardly so stupid that I could not connect the dots as he implied.

"Why? Why would you do this? At the very least you're supposed to give points for Drawbacks."
>"Why? Because you bored me."

It was explained to me, in cool, bored tones, that while I was not expected to be entertaining every step of the way, wasting four years was simply unacceptable. Vacations were fine and even extended ones would be acceptable as rewards for a job well done... but I was not to waste his time. Or else he would continue to make things interesting for me. He then tossed me the next Jump Document, knowing which one I had been planning to request already and simply faded out of existence.

Raven and I both sat there for a long time, equally disturbed by the implications of the powerful being controlling this ride. Eventually, I leaned over and picked up the paper. Raven's hand reached for mine.

>"We don't have to do this, do we?"
"I don't think I have much of a choice. I won't make..."
>"Don't you dare say it or I'll slap you."
"... One day you'll tire of this. But I won't. This is what I've always dreamed of doing."
>"I won't let you leave me behind."

I smiled softly and looked at the paper.
>>
>>49725185
The spirits must be a lot nicer in the jumps you take. Not having to slap them around or otherwise demonstrate your phenomenal cosmic power in order to convince them to give a mortal some respect can be quite useful.

Among other things, they won't be mad over the whole being slapped into submission thing if you don't have to do that.
>>
>>49725036
I would disagree. How your powers grow is exceptionally ill-defined. All of the Perk and Gear choices are really really bland. It's only real saving grace is the clean formatting and image work. Otherwise, I personally think it could really use an update.

Unfortunately, that is highly improbable.
>>
>>49725185
Fair enough.
Utterly unimportant correction that doesn't actually change anything but will be made anyway
I forgot that passive skill tests work of a base of 10, not 0, revise previous +20 to +15. Gets the results I meant, still can't really be called a minor bonus.
>>
>>49725233
...wow. Your Benefactor's a dick.
>>
File: a08ff4450f03cee4712018c18ece5843.jpg (103KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a08ff4450f03cee4712018c18ece5843.jpg
103KB, 720x1000px
>>49725298
Pretty much, yeah.

I'm going to take a little bit of a break from writing, but I'll be back later to write about Avatar: Korra the Barbarian.

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying it.
>>
File: Do you feel it too.png (598KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Do you feel it too.png
598KB, 1280x720px
>>49725233
Gotta agree with >>49725298
But I like the story you're making here
>>
>>49725240
Most jumps don't have spirits at all.
Most of the rest have three classes of spirit: Benevolent. They don't want to hurt you whether they respect you personally or not. Neutral, which aren't going to hurt you without a reason, though will be less likely to bother you if they respect you. And evil, who will still try to attack you whether they respect you or not, though will presumably put more effort in if you're a respected enemy.
I don't see such a situational thing being worth two hundred cp.
>>49725276
D&D's system is really weird out of context. How the hell do you translate +15 or +2 or whatever to an actual situation? I get headaches trying to figure out.
>>
>>49725367
>Avatar: Korra the Barbarian
Well that doesn't sound good-wait a second. In this timeline, because of the plague, Zuko never really changed his ways. He never befriended Aang and the gang. Oh this bodes poorly for the world's future.
>>
>>49725411
Iroh would have had more time, and a Zuko who isn't be taunted by his Father/Banishment, to work his magic.
>>
File: 1389974856669.jpg (19KB, 460x230px) Image search: [Google]
1389974856669.jpg
19KB, 460x230px
>>49724267
(Beelzebub) #60
-Background: Demon (600CP) -And now... I guess it's plain.
-Violence Breeds Strength (500CP) -A bit of extra strength is good for me.
-Demonic Energy (Free) -A font of energy to continue forth.
-Demonically Appealing (400CP) (Discount) -The form of a demon is required to be more beautiful than a human form.
-Eight Deadly Sins (100CP) (Discount) -Do you really wish to fight me? Really?
-Martial Garb (0CP) -At least I'll look good.
-Solomon Company (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Demon Realm, 718 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

...yeah I'll be frank, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here. What is this series even about? What am I supposed to do here? What the heck is going on with the hierarchy, why am I supposed to care about the Demon Lord's son being off into the human realm?

You know what. Fuck it. I am spending all my time in the Demon Realm. I'm gonna catalogue stuff, I'm gonna start harvesting, and we're gonna see just how many would freak out at seeing any tremendous asshole being turned into a piece of equipment, or worse... their energy absorbed. How many of them would flock to another upon finding the cybernetics and armor that can be granted? How many would fear this new innovation?

I guess we're going to find out, with ten years of Safari times in the demon world. The harvest begins.
>>
>>49725367
>cute succubus elf with blood
pls no, it's too early for boners
>>
>>49725436
There's a Beelzebub jump?

Personally I feel like praising the demon Beelzebub right now. Lots of cool things flies are doing.
>>
File: Beelzebub.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Beelzebub.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49725485
>>
File: 78047ea71fcd30995f06ae68abbfd24f.jpg (233KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
78047ea71fcd30995f06ae68abbfd24f.jpg
233KB, 667x1000px
>>49725411
Zuko would have eventually worked with Aang, even if they never became true friends. It just would take longer and I imagine Aang would have probably learned Firebending from a different person. Zuko would likely still blame Aang for not doing enough to save his homeland, but recognize that the Avatar did everything he /could/ do. Though Iroh would probably have to bludgeon it into his head a few dozen times first.

I haven't watched a Korra a lot, and nothing past the second season, but I'm planning to have the start be relatively unchanged from the show. The Four Nations will still be united around Republic City, the White Lotus will still say isolating Korra is a great idea, ect. A few relationships may change dynamics, but I'm planning to run everything off the rails anyways, so it's all good.
>>
>>49725389
Not that Anon, but I would personally say that Evil Spirits, unless they are EXCEPTIONALLY powerful, would be leery of attacking you firsthand without speaking with you first. As well, things aren't always about combat and violence. In any Jump that has some sort of organization of spirits, like Exalted, Journey to the West, or Bleach, the assistance of the Twilight Spirit could be a great boon. I also like the metaphysical backing that comes with having another spiritual being inhabiting my body. It's presence sort of works like a buffer. Due to the way it is so inextricably bonded to your soul, effects targeting your soul also have to go through the Twilight Spirit. It's not a whole lot, but every little bit helps.
>>
>>49725389
>>49725240
>>49724907
>>49724895
>>49724773
>>49724598

So in order to get all bendings, it's either Sacrificial Bestowment or Fusing with companions that have these bendings.

Well, how about that. I wanted to go to Undertale anyway

Where are the Magatamas
>>
>>49725618
Sphinx Princess is cute.

We need more jumps with spinxes
>>
>>49725679
Take one as your Pact Partner in Drakengard.
>>
>>49723308
>>49723322
>>49723365
I know nothing!

Well, I know star wars slightly...

>>49723477
And we have a winner. While I know nothing, its also a highly generic setting, so there isn't really anything to know...

Now, demon lord or harem hero?
>>
>>49725688
>Sacrificing an important part fo your senses
>>
>>49725695
Demon Lord.

I desire shenanigans from your minions.
>>
>>49725695
Sage of the Forest.
>>
>>49725739
I'll second this.
>>
>>49725618
>Aang would have probably learned Firebending from a different person
OH! OH!
Can it be Iroh!? Can Aang learn from Iroh?
>>
>>49725828
An idea I've seen in a couple of fanfics is Aang learning from Fire Sage Shu. You know, the guy who helps the Gaang out in the Fire Temple, commits treason to help them, and then is completely forgotten by the plot afterwards. I like the idea of him becoming Aang's teacher instead of being punished for his actions. Considering that he wasn't at the Boiling Rock, I'm guessing he was probably executed. Likely by Admiral Zhao right then and there, given the Admiral's temper.
>>
>>49725828
That would actually make a ton of sense, all things considered. It would probably end up quite a bit better for both of them. Iroh has a ton of experience with the Spirit World too, so that's something else he could help Aang train in.

I'm not sure it would make a lot of difference by the time Korra's era comes around, but it is fun to think about.
>>
>>49725901
Yeah but Shu would be dead, since everyone on Crescent Island was dead from the disease.
>>
>>49725920
Wait, really? I must have missed something, then. But if there was no one on Crescent Island, how did they get into Roku's chamber? That takes five firebenders to open.
>>
>>49725964
Justice is referring to the writing I have done in the thread about my Jumper's alternate visit to Avatar: TLA. Things went down very differently than in the cartoon.
>>
>>49725629
I agree with everything you just said.
My point is that I'm not worried about the chump spirits that can't bother me, and most worlds don't have a celestial bureaucracy than can actively do things to you, I think it's to situational to be worth two hundred cp. I don't mind if someone else does.
>>
>>49725992
I know. I'm referring to it, too. You mentioned Aang talking to Roku. How'd he do that, without the Fire Sages around to trick into opening the chamber?
>>
>>49726004
Yeah, that's fine. It is written in kind of a lackluster way.
>>
>>49726013
I assumed the Sages opened the door to ask Roku's spirit for advice, before they died.
>>
>>49725493
So, what happens if you take both Black Techs and Eight Deadly Sins as a Demon?
>>
File: 1471106732125.jpg (45KB, 480x588px) Image search: [Google]
1471106732125.jpg
45KB, 480x588px
>>49726053
Who even knows, I don't know the first thing about the show.
>>
File: 6103e5b062bd770960392828d6834f4d.jpg (468KB, 700x1033px) Image search: [Google]
6103e5b062bd770960392828d6834f4d.jpg
468KB, 700x1033px
>>49726013
Oh, oh oh. I gotcha. Crossed a wire in my memory and lost some data for a moment. It's all good.

I simply distracted the main group by pointing them down the wrong hallway, slipping away, and opened the door with my own pryokinetic powers from Teen Titans. You don't /really/ need five people to open that door. Just a lot of fire.

By the time everyone turned around and made it back to the door, it was already open. I pretended it was just left open and shoved Aang inside.
>>
>>49726128
Ah, alright, that makes sense.
>>
If SMTanon is here, may I ask if demonic abilities are inheritable? If so, to what degree would the child get the abilities? Are boosted Demonic Fusion or Infusion inheritable?
>>
I don't see why anyone is freaking out about Bender powers. They're mid-tier at best. Anything you could do with them could be replicated more easily and more powerfully with any number of other jumps' powers.

The only exception I can think of would be Waterbending for spirit/healing/blood shenanigans.
>>
So, Choir of Lost Voices.

I'm trying to find anything that would be actually negative about them. Or anything a jumper who felt confident enough to break Deadlight can't fix. And I can't.

Am I missing something?
>>
>>49726315
Airbending has some interesting spirit stuff, too. But yeah, for the most part bending is just telekinesis. Telekinesis that has the limitation that you need to be able to move to use most forms of it.
>>
>>49726315
Because Avatar was a popular show that brings back a lot of happy memories, and it's a fun world in general.
Moreover the powers aren't exploited to their fullest by the characters, as shown by Toph developing an entirely new variant of Earth Bending.
>>
>>49726327
One of em is a fatty. Another one is bald. Ones obsidian, so that's gonna chafe.

... The Lost Choir is no bueno.
>>
>>49726327
They're tsunderes, and tsunderes are one of the most retarded web bait tropes. Dealing with that shit for real, as opposed to watching it in a show, would not be worth it.
>>
>>49726327
They are violently yandere, except the Nurgle girl who is passive aggressive yandere.
>>
>>49726327
>dealing with a bunch of militant athiests
Bruh, no. Especially since a jumper will inevitably end up some kind of divine eventually.
>>
>>49726327
Aside from being insane Chaos worshippers and respectively a statue, a magic-hating sorceress, a junkie, a walking bag of pus and disease, and a bald chick with an obsession for her hellhound?

Also, all of them are violent yanderes, but that may be a good thing depending on your viewpoint.
>>
>>49726327
No, there's nothing particularly wrong about them, if you're a powerful jumper. But you're looking back at this with the advantage of hindsight. Back when Light of Terra came out, the episodic structure meant that people didn't know the consequences for the Deadlight breaking. And even though it was fairly obvious that something bad was going to happen, that ambiguity about just what it would be lead some people to do so anyway. Because 40K is a scary place, and they didn't want to be without their powers.

So you have that advantage that you know what you're getting into, and can plan for it. But a lot of people didn't, and so they did a broken Deadlight run when they weren't powerful enough. And if you don't have a lot of therapy and harem perks at such time as you encounter the Choir of Lost Voices, then they're actually quite problematic to deal with. So it would have been bad for those people. What you're doing, basically, is looking at a trap that's already been sprung. Of course it's not going to hurt you, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt someone.
>>
>>49726250
I... suppose so. Demons have DNA, and artificial hybrids made through genetic engineering are known.

Frankly, I don't know a damn thing about genetics, and we don't see anything like it in canon (the previously mentioned hybrid only has generic unspecified genetic material for its parentage). If you need an answer beyond "fanwank it", 50/50 is the best I can tell you.

...probably no for Fusion, and a tentative yes for (boosted) Infusion. Regular Infusion is a no, unless people can inherit surgery and I never knew.
>>
>>49726473
Insanity, disorders and denials can be fixed with ton of therapy perks.

Disease part can also be dealt with possibly

>>49726395
Now, are you sure she's a fatty or just curvy?

Baldness can be fixed

Etc
>>
>>49726554
Anon if you completely rewrite everything about them then yes they're not awful.
But at that point they're not the same people anymore are they?
>>
>>49726587
Yes, curing mental disorders and the like is bad, boohoo
>>
>>49726602
No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you're replacing their personality.
Who they are is abhorrent. That's the point.
>>
>>49721702
The spider man one that hasn't come out yet.
>>
>>49726554
>Insanity, disorders and denials can be fixed with ton of therapy perks.
Oh sure, but at that point you might as well pick up anyone else. You're basically starting from scratch with their personalities anyway.

>Disease part can also be dealt with possibly
She probably wouldn't want that, and would lose all her "powers" of bile and vomit.
>>
>>49724627
Jump ??: [ERROR]

...odd.

This usually when she gives me an introduction or at least a list of things to buy. No points, no...anything.

Guys? Where'd you go?

A lot of my gear is gone, too. Except...

The Portal Gun.

Maybe if I wait, things will kick in eventually?

...guess not.

It's got coordinates already punched in, somehow. I feel like something has gone horribly wrong and I missed the bus somehow.

Well, sitting in a white void forever wasn't my style, anyways. Let's see where this goes.

Write-up forthcoming. Title: The Duel.
>>
File: new look.jpg (32KB, 634x350px) Image search: [Google]
new look.jpg
32KB, 634x350px
I got to know when you did your body mod. did you base your new look off of a character, cause I pretty much made myself look like tyki mikk
>>
>>49726554
Go reread it. She's a fatty. I don't care what tumblrites and fat, "bbw," fetishists say: fat =/= curvy.

And the bald Sister chose to be bald, so I imagine she's going to want to stay that way.

>>49726602
They don't have disorders, anon. They are what they want, what they choose, to be.
>>
File: Party Time.jpg (42KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Party Time.jpg
42KB, 480x320px
>>49726641
For Justice? Myself, but perfected.
For Gamer? Not really, had no ideas on what he should look like.

>>49726636
I'm on the edge of my seat
>>
>>49726636
Renegade problems?
>>
Have you ever take part in an arms race long enough for you to start spawning monstrosities that you wish that you have never created? What did they do? Do you still keep them?
>>
>>49726501
Thank you.
>>
>>49726709
Arms race? No
Spawning monstrosities I wish I had never created? Yes.
Depends on the monstrosity, most of them came about from the simple question "I wonder what would happen if".
Some of them, in tubes, in The Lab, that nothing and no one is allowed in or out.
>>
>>49726624
Not exactly from scratch. And honestly you get them for free. If you broke the Deadlight to get true waifu
>>
>>49726641
Nah. Just changed the hair, and grabbed my upgrades.

Didn't even think about basing myself off a character. Would feel weird to do. What if you meet them?
>>
>>49724275
Imaged: Tropico. It's unique and enjoyable even to someone who hasn't played the game. All the perks are either useful in general or have the potential to be greatly useful and of course thematically appropriate.

Non-Imaged: Imaginary Friend jump. A very good jump where everything is thematically appropriate but not so specific to be useless. The naming convention for the perk is fun and due to it not being directly tied to a setting it's allowed to have a lot of freedom and it's not beholden to expectations of any fans.

Joke Jumps: While not numerous, not many are making Joke jumps nowadays and it's actually kind of a shame. I actually sometimes incorporate them into my chains and they are supremely creative in some regards. Salt is just so beautiful that I think it's a crying shame that it's shuffled and filed away from the Imaged folder and Parable is just a self-aware delight from start to finish.
>>
>>49726786
Oh you bought the color option or just changed hair style?
>>
>>49726786
>Hello, X, I'm your counterpart from the bizarro dimension.
>Isn't it Superman's job to deal with this kind of guy?
>>
>>49726810
>Not "Goodbye, Jumper is not your counterpart from the bizarro dimension"
>>
>>49726641
Myself, but more attractive.
>>
>>49726641
My current/main Jumper is a Fantroll I found with Google, and most other chains use art I found on Pixiv.
>>
>>49726803
Both actually, color option and hairstyle.

Mainly the color though, went with a pretty normal black instead there.
>>
>>49726641
A handsome, /fit/ version of myself, who isn't a manlet that can't reach the top fucking shelf.
Kept my broad shoulders though. Bitches love broad shoulders.
>>
File: IRC_3.jpg (159KB, 624x348px) Image search: [Google]
IRC_3.jpg
159KB, 624x348px
>>49726709
I once created a weapon to deal with Chaos based on the Eldrazi, w40k blanks and some of my own anti-psychic immunities.

It all went well and was being a nightmare for the daemons. Except it had access to the Warp. And it decided that it would be easier to cut the Warp connection from it. It turned really bad when it started accessing other non-chaos infected worlds through the Warp and rendering brain dead a few dozens of worlds before it was ordered to stop.
>>
Final Fantasy X (UPDATE)
> Age: 18 [Rolled3]
> Location: Bevelle [Rolled8]
> Race: Al Bhed
> Background: Summoner
> Give It A Good Knock [-100CP]
> Mechanical Mixtures [Get a Freebie!]
> A Legacy of Innovation [-100CP]
> Lancet [-200CP]
> CTB/ATB Shift [-100CP]
> Basics of Blitz [-100CP]
> Eternal Calm [Get a Freebie!]
> Hymn of the Fayth [-150CP]
> The Final Aeon: Bahamut [-300CP]
> Full Elixir [-50CP]
> Summoner’s Staff [Get a Freebie!]
> Prototype β Airship “Delisle” [-200CP]
> Gilgamesh Arrives! [+300CP]

I'm gonna confess something here: I think airships are awesome.
Not spaceships. Specifically: AIR.
You might as why, or say that's dumb, what could airships possibly offer that spaceships do not, and I'd just shrug.
Of course, any setting that has spaceships renders them obsolete, so you don't get to see them a lot, but even so. I can assure you, I had whatever arguments you might think of with my companions, and none of them stopped me from giggling and waving my arms all over the Delisle.

So, uh, why is an Al Bhed a Summoner? How did she get the Final Aeon? Was Yunalesca just okay with this?
Is it just fine if I wander around Bevelle? Why is everyone so calm?

Blitzball shows that even if they're regarded as heretics, everyone's okay with Al Bhed just walking around.
Seymour quit his pilgrimage at the end and everyone still loves him.
This is weird.

I probably ended up making a lot of weapons just to throw at Gilgamesh so he'd go away.
For about a day.
>>
Question to those knowledgeable about exalted.
If I go devil tiger when the infernals jump comes out and get my own internal demons. Can people summon them with sorcery?
In addition how could I stop that if I didn't want someone fucking up my demons
>>
>>49726636
Emerging from the portal, the first thing I'm aware of is how...incomplete I suddenly feel. My strength doesn't feel as great as it was, my skill not quite as shard. At the bare minimum, I could sense my Stand was still with me as I walked through, like something had tried to lock away my powers but could only go halfway. My empty hand tells me the Portal Gun didn't quite make the trip either, making me bite my tongue in annoyance.

Looking forward, I could see myself in a lit highway tunnel without a single car on the road, no vehicles in sight except for a motorcycle parked at the side. To my right was the view of an oceanside city that the highway led to a bridge connecting it to here from there. To my left was an ‘under construction’ barrier.

Was this some kind of challenge? It didn't seem like my benefactor's style to toss something out like this without any kind of explanation. “Uh...hey, boss? Boss? What's going on here?” I asked the empty air nervously. I was greeted with silence. Total, empty, silence. No sounds of cars, voices, birds or even the waves of the ocean. Absolutely nothing.

Not having much else to work with, I walk over to the motorcycle. The keys were in the ignition, and a pair of headphones were hanging off of them. Figuring that was when I'd get my intro, I put them on cautiously, keeping my hands on them.

A burst of static came through before I heard a voice, crystal-clear and all too familiar.

[Demon on Wheels].
>>
>>49727104
>"You didn't listen to my warning."
She almost sounded apologetic.
“I'm a bit stubborn.”
>"You've already had a bite of the apple, just like she wanted."
“I didn't have a choice.”
>"Dying would have been smarter."
“Do you have anything except cryptic statements and threats? What the hell is your problem with me?”
>"Wanna know? Then let's race. Try and catch me. You'll find me in the city. I'll even give your toys back if you win."

Was this planned? Or had this mysterious woman someone pulled the wool over my seemingly infallible benefactor?

Before I could ask more, she added,

>"Oh, and just a head's up. The world is ending in about two hours. And nobody is going to catch you if you fall, this time. Better hurry."

Click.
>>
>>49727063
A Devil-Tiger's spawned demons are immune to summoning spells (though not, interestingly enough, banishing spells sending them back to your soul until you resummon them). So you're safe.
>>
>>49727110
[Demon on Wheels] is going to be a former jumper, isn't she. Here's hoping this is all just as planned, because if not the Benefactor is going to be pissed.
>>
>>49726709
I'm with>>49726754
If it looks like it's going to be an arms race I jump to the end long before we escalate that far, but that doesn't mean I don't fuck up my experiments every now and again.
They generally do what they were designed to do, but beyond my control, to a greater extent, and occasionally in a "twisted wish" sort of way.
Only if they were to dangerous to leave free and to powerful to destroy, in which case they stay in an impenetrable time-stopped prison that even I can't open.
>>
>>49727157
Well that's a relief.
Although If I actually wanted people I trust to be able to do that I guess I'll have to work something out myself.
Thanks for explaining.
>>
>>49726798
>Go to Joke Jumps page
>Read Jumper Parable

What the shit, how come no one told me about this?
>>
File: 64084098.jpg (127KB, 717x1000px) Image search: [Google]
64084098.jpg
127KB, 717x1000px
>>49727110
Race Heavens! RACE FOR YOUR LIFE!
>>
File: Hope.jpg (307KB, 1280x672px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.jpg
307KB, 1280x672px
>>49727190
Demons/Yozi have their own personal Summon spells that work differently than normal Sorcery.
Normal Sorcery works by evoking the Oaths the Yozi swore, which is why it doesn't work on your Demons, you never had to swear those Oaths.
But you, and in theory anyone you teach, could learn the Yozi Method of summoning them.

>>49727104
>>49727110
The Hype is Real.
>>
>>49727232
Going by RAW, that's not how it works. The Path of a Thousand Whispers' text says that your demons are immune to summoning spells, not that they're immune to Summon Demon of the First/Second/Third Circle. I think it's reasonable to assume that you could teach people a version of Slave-Spawn Summons that would work on your demons, but that's homebrew at that point.
>>
File: tumblr_nc844l5L0v1qj5blgo1_1280.png (64KB, 581x641px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc844l5L0v1qj5blgo1_1280.png
64KB, 581x641px
Are you obligated to intervene if you think you can solve a problem with fewer losses than in canon?
>>
>>49727347
Obligated? No, everyone is free to do their own thing. I usually intervene though, but not always. Sometimes letting things play out as they did helps more in the long run.
Because if I solve all the problems myself, then when more shit goes down after I'm gone people will be defenseless.
>>
Jumpers!

Was there a time when you abandoned your morality or conscience, just for one jump, for power or such?
>>
>>49727196
Because it's shit.
>>
>>49727110
Well, I was right about one thing. It was a challenge. Biting back my own fear and disbelief, I steeled myself and turned on the engine of the motorcycle. It was functional, to my relief. I put my hand on the wall and tried to form the Warehouse portal out of curiousity, being greeted only with silence and the cold surface of said wall. Not having anything else to go on except the insane change of circumstances, I sped forward with my hands tightly gripping the handles.

I felt the wind rush past me as I crossed the bridge as quickly as my new bike would allow. Abruptly, almost like a transition in a video game, the sky began to turn a dull red. The silence was broken and I could hear panicked cries ahead of me before I slammed past a construction barrier, cars on the road beginning to drive erratically in response to the sudden change of scenery. I was vaguely aware of black lines extending across the sky, but I was too focused on the road to give it much thought.

My mind raced with questions, but in my panic, I focused only on my objective. As highway accidents suddenly begin to pile up and people leave their cars, I became aware of a line of flame that sped against the rest of the traffic. Not wasting any time, I changed lanes and began to dart around and against traffic. It was a nightmare, because the change in atmosphere could be ready by anyone in the city with sense or eyes, some stopping in the middle of the street, others speeding for the closed highway I just came from. It was hell, and too much was happening at once for me to process.

Still, I gave the speed demon one more chase.
>>
How many Exalted are there, anyway? I know Sidereals are 100, and Abyssals are, like, 50 or so. But do other Celestials have that?
>>
>>49727390
I've never abandoned either of those, though I have abandoned my sense of self-preservation several times.

>>49727506
100 Sidereals, used to be 120 in the Primordial War but shit happened
300 Lunars
150 Solars, used to be 300 but the Neverborn and Yozi got some
100 Abyssals
50 Infernals.
Tons of Dragonblooded, since their numbers aren't limited.
>>
>>49725731
>>49725739
>>49725795

Okay, lets see...
>Origin : ???
Im actually going to skip this for now, come back after I've looked at items and perks.

>Class : MAGIC.
Why? Because the system here is hilariously open, and because I am not brave enough to whack you in the face with a sword.

>Exchange BBS, Free
Its free, and its the reason this jump is a thing. Good enough.

>Princely Charms, -100
Charisma boost, won't you fix my social awkwardness?

>Pretty Boys Should DIE!, -200
And once more unto the charismatic breach.

>Unshakeable Resolve, -100
Demons of laziness, begone from me! I need a picture of dogbert.

>Notice Me Senpai!, -200
C-c-carisma combo!

>Mmm, Delicious Evil!, -100
Why the hell not.

>Trap Master, -200
More of me being a scaredy cat and not driving closer to hit you with my sword.

>When You're Evil, -400
Training montage? No, just dropkick a baby.

>Bag of Convenience, -100
And now I can pull a bunny out of the hat. Er, bag.

>Magic Box, -100
I shall use this magic box with all the respect that it - GIRLS BATHS. Erm, I mean that I shall use it responsibly and - GIRLS BATHS.

>Magical Library, -200
Books books and more books. Magic be cool yo.

>Demon Crown, -100
Laser vision. Who doesn't want laser vision?

>Demon Castle, -400
And now I have a magic castle to store my magic books in.
>>
>>49727528
>100 Sidereals, used to be 120 in the Primordial War but shit happened
Also, because of some weird causality-warping stuff, no one's sure if those missing twenty are because each of the Five Maidens originally had four more Exalted or if it's because there was an entire Sixth Maiden of Fate that got erased from history.
>>
>>49727573
Right, so lets tally this up.
>Drop In, 100+200+100=400
>Hero, 100
>Geezer, 200+100+200=500
>Demon, 100+200+400+100+400=1200

And all of that totals to...2200 cp. As in way too much. But wait, thats before Origin discounts! Which is clearly going to be Demo Lord.

>Demon Lord, -200 cp
The clear winner. Which makes my new demon total 700 cp with the origin cost. Or 1700 after. Still way too much.

What to cut, what to cut... The magic bag? Thats 1600. The magic - GIRLS BATHS? Thats 1500. Really want the magic library though.

I guess its time to look at drawbacks?

>On The Lam, +200
As a demon lord, I have no problems with religion hating me. 300 cp left.

...I don't like any of the remaining drawbacks. Trap master can go, leaving me with 200 cp too much. Unshakable resolve can go, and thats 100 cp too much.

>Go To Jail
Why the hell not.

And thats Jump #1, Hero BBS or whatever the proper name is.

Want me to try and write something for it?
>>
>>49727347
No. I'm not obligated to do anything, least of all help people that I don't know.

Honestly I rarely intervene in stuff that doesn't immediately involve me or something that I'm interested in, although I'm not above helping people out of I think they need it. If a knight is on a quest to slay a dragon then I'm not going to kill it for him nor am I going to join him to help kill it. But if he needs a well-forged blade and some of his equipment repaired then I'd be willing to offer my services and give a good price for the work and materials. But in the end the dragon is his to slay, not mine. And if he dies then, well, that's his lot. I'm not going to overturn every injustice and misfortune in the whole world out of some grandiose sense of self-righteousness. I'm not God.
>>
>>49727501
This is great. Makes me want to do the same, finally. Ride on!

>>49727528
Much appreciated.
>>
so I finished my jump, didn't really do much but I got a cool silver sword as my first real treasure I'm thinking of making it my primary weapon from here on out. this thing holds a lot of sentimental for me. I think it's only right if I continue to use it, so my question to you jumpers is have you continued to use the first weapon you got?
>>
>>49727390
Well, there was the one time in One Piece where pretty much all devil fruit users experienced a case of sudden death....

Sorry Luffy, but I gotta get my money's worth with that darkness fruit.
>>
>>49727110
>>49727501
I'm not sure where this is going but I like it.

>>49727390
Not for power, but for the experience.

>>49727347
This kind of thing was a major stumbling block for my jumper in the early-mid part of their chain and led to a frosty relationship with my Benefactor.
You're not obligated, but it's something you should think about doing if you consider yourself "one of the good guys".
My jumper does not, but sometimes helps out anyway.

>>49727620
Nah. But then my first weapon was the tranq rifle in pokemon.
>>
>>49727586
If you could, would be pretty amusing to see a story where the Jumper just keeps shitposting about all the cool places they go to and all the powers they keep getting.
>>
>>49727501
Use the Portal Gun to cheat!

>>49727583
My personal bet is Sixth Maiden, because 24 Sidereals per caste seems weird.
>>
>>49727347
Am I? Yes. Are other people? No.
>>
We have jumpchain
Why don't we have humpchain?
>>
>>49726479
>What you're doing, basically, is looking at a trap that's already been sprung.

This. Furthermore, LoT has traps on multiple levels. Not breaking the deadlight is also a trap. Oh, it's implied as the "right" thing to do, but the presented narrative has the Chaos gods running this show rather than your benefactor. So on that level, the stuff that happens if you break it, is just spite that you didn't play ball.

In a way, it really captures 40K. Break the deadlight, don't break the deadlight, it's a trap either way; the question is merely one of whether you're getting salt or vinegar rubbed into the injury.

Though it so firmly expects a Jumper to ride the train along either set of rails, the scenery you see outside the window might as well be cardboard props.
>>
>>49727390
In SMT I was exactly pissed enough at YMHV to throw both of those out the window at such high speeds that it took light the rest of the Jump to reach them again.
>>49727620
Yes, but I've alchemized it with other weapons several times.
>>49727347
I feel obligated sometimes, but most of the time I just end up empowering a person or two to help the world themselves.
>>
>>49727501
HEAVENS, REMEMBER!

THE SAME TYPE OF STAND!
>>
>>49727501
Just when I thought I was catching up, she drove onto the sidewalk. The panicked cries and the sound of grinding flesh from those who weren't fast enough splattered onto the walls as she kept racing forward. I didn't have time to look shocked or horrified, but by avoiding the sidewalk, I had to ramp off of the empty cars or duck and weave around the vehicles that tried to move. I could now hear sirens blaring, and the sky tinted to a darker red.

Taking my detour from a sense of decency had let the Demon speed ahead of me. An intersection full of people was where the Demon went barreling next, knocking someone into the air and running over someone smaller without stopping.

“STOP IT!” I cried out, futilely, as she darted forwards further down the road. By now, those who were still alive had enough sense to get out of the way. I was vaguely aware of a teenage girl with pigtails and a doctor being the closest to the carnage, and I darted around them as I saw the Demon far ahead of me. The congested streets were my worst enemy, as was my own heart and mind. My own sense of self-preservation wasn't as strong as my desire to avoid hurting someone in the crossfire.

'But if the world was ending, does it really matter?!' a voice in my head screamed.

I shoved the thought aside. I couldn't beat her in a speed contest. She obviously knew the layout of the city better than I did. I had to find a way to cut her off.
>>
>>49727952
Stop posting.
>>
>>49727822
> I couldn't beat her in a speed contest. She obviously knew the layout of the city better than I did.

Well, that and she's cheating. A normal, unpowered bike/rider can't just plow through people like that and keep going.
>>
>>49727952
Nothing comes up on 4plebs when you look for BLADE and the words [servant], [supplement] or Fate, other than some rulings for Shaman King.
>>
>>49727822
My eyes darted around me, trying to ignore the utter bedlam the city was falling into. I became aware of a flowing fountain in a nearby public park, just down the street from where I was speeding. Reluctantly, I changed course and headed towards it. I could hear the demon's engine speed off into the distance while [Blue Oyster Cult] manifested and grabbed a human-sized ball of water, before focusing it into a stream above me. I could feel some of it splash onto me as I kept racing forward, lacking the precision to keep it all held for too long. I'd have to be quick.

I raced after where I last heard the sound of the speed demon, catching sight of a thin trail of smoke dashing across the highway. There she was.

The new highway was fairly open compared to the city streets, and I could see her glance at me before her Stand manifested from the ether. It seems she guessed my plan, and wasn't able to wait for me to line up an attack. Several bolts of fire were launched at me and my bike, forcing me to dodge the attacks. Then came a huge blast of fire directed not at me, but my ammunition. I couldn't afford to waste time ‘reloading’, directing my stand to split the streams into separate waves, unfortunately leaving me open to the bolts as I felt my clothes catch on fire, throwing a small splash over myself in a panic.
>>
>>49728035
*So do your fucking research.
>>
>>49727716
Silly Anonymous
When you've got twelve ranks in endowed, every chain is humpchain
>>
Just ignore him.
>>
>>49728115
cthulu isn't blade.
Like at all. They're totally different people which can be easily seen by how they make jumps.
>>
>>49727586
>>49727660
>Jumpers Diary on inter-dimensional 4chan, day thirty one.

Am no longer stuck in prison. Whatever the hell was preventing me from sith ligtnininging it is no longer active, as there is a rather large hole in the wall where my cell used to be.

On the other hand, its not much of a cell with a four poster bed, a jacuzzi, and a maid that I summoned.

On the other other hand, the looks on the guards faces when they tried to serve me slop, only to see me munching down on a roast chicken was hilarious.

They took the chicken. I made another.

>Day thirty-eight
'Hero' on my trail. Claims he's come to stop me for great justice. Sent him a cease and desist letter. He spent two hours trying to find the trap. Success?

>Day forty-two
I HAVE A CASTLE!

>Day forty-three
MASSIVE LIBRARY!

...Now, do I actually train, or do I use demon lord powers to gather knowledge from being a dick?

>Day fifty-one
Hero showed up. Invited him in, served him dinner. He was highly paranoid the entire time. Did a psuedo-magical girl transformation and defeated him 'for great evil'.

Afterwards, told him the meat was human flesh, then laughed in his face. Training achieved.

>Day eighty
Brainwashing going poorly. Nearby kingdom has sent backup Hero. Inbound in a day or two.

>Day eighty-five
Castle blown up. Magical library in magic bag, thankfully. Also CP insured. Lack of demon french maids makes me sad though.

>Day eighty-six
Have begun construction of sky-castle. Because fuck walking places. Also fuck Hero's who just walk through my traps.
>>
>>49728049
The fire was out and I managed to get my focus back in time to avoid crashing into a truck. I could feel burns on my torso and the side of my cheek, but that didn't matter. I was finally gaining on her. My Stand prepared both of the streams to launch an attack before two more jets of flame were launched. Not at me, but a pair of cars that quickly went out of control before crashing into each other, a fireball waiting for me. On reflex, I ducked to the side and ended up on a highway exit ramp.

Taking advantage of my Stand's speed, I moved the water streams together in front of me before freezing them solid, forming a curve and a ramp. I felt it shatter underneath the wheels once I was in the air, but it had done it's job. I was now soaring directly in the path of [Demon on Wheels] and promptly slammed into her, knocking her off the motorcycle and sending her careening off into the streets below.

I have no idea if what I did was actually possible or just a carry-over from Jojo logic. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Leaving my own motorcycle, I leapt down after her.
>>
>>49728196

>Day one hundred and twelve
It's not exactly a castle, but it flies. Er, floats. Shoved it above the cloud layer, made it semi 'invisible'.

Looking into enchanting stuff. Skyrim fortify logic probably doesn't work, but the premise is probably sound. Hopefully.

>Day one hundred and fifty-three
Angels. A small army of angels. And three 'Heros' on pegasi.

Fuck.

>Day one hundred and sixty
I really should have added lasers or something. Castle slowly crashing into ground. And by slowly, I mean a few feet every hour. Thank god - thank me? - for backup backup backup antigrav... Thingees. Too bad I don't have any mass production capability.

>Day one hundred and sixty-nine
Castle is about to impact a lake. Ripped out damaged flight systems and repaired them. Didnt put them back though. Also grabbed the spares and shoved them into a magic bag. Gotta love emergency teleports.

>Day two hundred
Second flying castle is in the sky. Well, its not actually a castle. Well, the last one wasn't a castle either, maybe a mansion. This? This is just a floating rock. Guess where I'm gonna put it? Hint, movie ultron would be proud.

>Day two hundred and twenty
Bigass church of the royal-pain-in-my-ass is gone. Not much they can do against a killsat, even if it is a knockoff. Hero actually did a good job trying to stop it, did some sort of super sword slash combo technique. Bunch of while light, angels singing, the works. Too bad the rock wasn't inherently evil.
>>
>>49728158
Wait, what?

What did I miss while I was writing?
>>
>>49728264
Troll, let it die.
>>
>>49728264
Someone thought you were the guy who made generic hentai and tried to "fix" the stand supplement.
Don't worry about it.
>>
>>49728269
>>49728279
Right...

So, hows my writing?
>>
>>49728304
Its good. The dates make it easy to keep up with what you're doing although I wish you wouldn't skip over conflict so much.
I guess it would get really tedious in this jump though since you're fighting with heros all the time.
>>
>>49728304
Not bad, looking forward to seeing more.
>>
>>49728016
Yeah. Heavens didn't go onto sidewalk or because of morals but instead because of knowing bike physics
>>
Do we have any settings that are far scarier than they seem?
>>
>>49728304
Pretty cool. Keep going. Also, wondering if you're going to break the "Good" side's noodles by/when you tell them at the end that you were completely peaceful until they sent a "Hero" to kill you.
>>
>>49728375
Do you want more of this jump, or do you want to give me some tosses?
>>
>>49728415
Devil Survivor
>>
>>49728387
Disney Princess and any other jump that involves talking animals - the ones that you earlier/later see in the {movie} on plates at dinner time.
>>
>>49728415
Generic Parenting.
>>
>>49728415
Both. Any preference on genres?
>>
File: b024570de56ee9074aa7504d8f9339b2.png (1012KB, 1003x1417px) Image search: [Google]
b024570de56ee9074aa7504d8f9339b2.png
1012KB, 1003x1417px
>>49728387
Adventure time. If you just look at the surface it looks like a fun little kids show. But if you scratch the surface, there's a lot of crazy, creepy, dangerous stuff just a few inches down.
>>
>>49728411
>completely peaceful
>colony drop

...yeah, about that.

>>49728428
HELL THE FUCK NO.

>>49728441
...Low power?
>>
>>49728415
Up to you, but here is some tosses all the same.

Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon
Gurren Lagann
The Fifth Element
Zelda The Minish Cap
>>
>>49728387
Elona.
If you don't know what you're getting into you're gonna get spooped.
The reasoning is because there's a cosmic horror biological infection that has already infested everything and is slowly consuming the entire world.
You know the etherwind? That's the worlds immune system trying to stop it.

Although it is possible to kill it for good by taking out the source, most jumpers don't even know it exists and are inadvertantly spreading the cancer everywhere they go if they didn''t have disease/blight immunity.
>>
>>49728415
I'd like to see a little more of this jump, if you think you can write more of it.
>>
>>49728204
I tumbled to a halt out onto an empty lot where she was resting. Her leg had twisted in a way it really shouldn't have, and I could see her clutching her stomach, her breathing shallow. I was surprised...and a little disappointed, too. I had fought her with my full strength several times now and she had always eluded me somehow or had some way to turn the tide. I approached, cautiously and slowly, aware that I had used all my ‘ammo’ on that earlier trick.

Her head turned in my direction, the skull painting on the front of her helmet staring at me.

>"Ha...what a cheap trick. Actually using your head...cheater."

I couldn't help but feel some rage bubble up.

“Whatever you're doing, knock it off! The game's over. Fix this world and put everything back to normal.”

>"Fix it?"

A hollow laugh.

>"I didn't break it. It was already like this. I just picked the right time and place to show it to you. That's all."
>>
>>49728463
>cosmic horror biological infection that has already infested everything
What
Can you explain a little more, or link a wiki article or something?
>>
>>49728463
Would disease immunity stop most of the 'traps' in that jump that people keep bringing up?
>>
>>49728491
This world was already going to end? I stared up and looking at the sky. It looked like a stained glass window that was only painted red, and I could see what looked like tiny motes of ash falling from it.

“Why did you bring me here? Why...why all of this, why those people, why me, why?!”

I had lost my composure as the adrenaline crash and complete information overload of what was happening finally sank in. More than that, everything about this had completely blown my expectations out of the water. I needed something logical to cling to, or somewhere I could escape to and collect my thoughts. Considering the time limit I was under, I didn't have the luxury of either. She seemed to contemplate this for a moment before she choked out an answer.

>"I just wanted knock you off your high horse, that's all. There's nobody in all of creation more conceited than a Jumper."
“...that's it? That's really it?”
>"Haha...no. I just wanted to prove something. I don't think I did a very good job, though. Man. I'm still really bad at this, even now.

I felt like punching her in the face. Almost did, too. She then tapped the front of her helmet.

>"Could you get this off, please?"
>>
>>49728464
Well, the writing style i'm currently using isn't too hard... I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>49728387
Dragon's Crown. There's a two in five chance you'll get smothered.
>>
File: q2eaw645a89.gif (190KB, 663x716px) Image search: [Google]
q2eaw645a89.gif
190KB, 663x716px
>>49728511
>"Could you get this off, please?"
The hype train cannot go any faster Captain!!
>>
>>49728556
Also, the drunk fairy will steal all your booze and bathe in it. Surely you don't want it back afterwards.
>>
>>49728511
>Nothing more conceited then a Jumper
...really? Nothing? Not Dio, not YHVH, not any of the innumerable villains in the chain? Are you sure about that?
>>
>>49728606
I suppose it depends on the Jumper. And this could just be from her perspective.
>>
>>49728583
>>
>>49728511
Considering she had tried to kill me several times with varying degrees of intensity and knew she wasn't the type to play fiar, I was more than a little reluctant. She seemed to notice.

>"Fine, I'll do it."
Hissing in pain, making me feel a moment of passing guilt for this motorcycle-riding psychopath, she slowly pulled off her helmet to reveal...

A teenage girl. With a face that I vaguely recognized. Not from home, but from somewhere in my travels. Where? When? Just now? Long ago? The person who had given me so much grief across time and space looked no different from someone you'd encounter walking down the street, the exact opposite of my increasingly picturesque appearance.

I stared, in shock. Somehow, I expected something...different, for my nemesis. She speaks.

>"This is what you could've gone without knowing, Anon..."
Her eyes drifted to the sky, a smile on her face.
>"We're ants, Anon. We're just ants. Just scurrying about...until someone's boot steps on us."

I finally realized where I had last seen her, and how she knew the layout of the city so well. “You...”

She coughed, laughing.
>"You probably wanna get back to your chain, right? Have some more adventures...meet some new people...maybe even screw them, or screw them over, or both..."
“That's not...”
>"Don't try and act like the good guy. It just makes it harder when you mess up."
>>
>>49728677
WHO IS SHE?!
>>
>>49728677
It almost sounded like she was speaking from experience. Before I could say or do more, her Stand appeared, making me take a step back.

>"You win, anon. Don't forget about this ‘me’, the one who could keep up with you, okay?"

I screamed when she used her Stand to light her own body aflame, this time inside and out. I could see her grinning as it tore her apart and her body finally stopped moving. I didn't have anything to douse the flame with, nor quickly enough. It was soon just me and a charred body in an empty alleyway, as the heavens above shattered like glass. I could feel my perks and abilities slowly return, feeling a key-shaped itch on my palm.

I raced to the wall and slammed open a portal, the forcewall closing behind me as I could feel the world rip apart like wet paper, screams and shattering city being focused into a single point before there was nothing but silence. Two hours. It hadn't even been two hours, had it?

My back against the Warehouse wall, I collapsed and stopped to catch my breath. My companions appeared around me, as if from the ether, confused before gathering around me in concern.

I mercifully let myself pass out.
>>
>>49728707
Save for a transition back to the normal chain, it's basically over. There's a few clues scattered about on who [Demon on Wheels] really is/was, if you want to try and guess yourselves.

As for me, I REALLY need a break. I had a lot of fun with this, but boy it was exhausting to type. I'm gonna be taking a short break from writefaggotry to relax and then get back to work on jumps. Chain will continue at some point in the future.
>>
File: Meshera alpha.png (2KB, 47x94px) Image search: [Google]
Meshera alpha.png
2KB, 47x94px
>>49728496
Specifically I'm talking about the meshera. It's infests things and takes them over by turning them into monstrosities. You only find out about it during the main quest in Elona+, but since it's not fully translated the wiki is kind of sparse. I couldn't give you the exact details, but flesh horror is the name of the game.

>>49728498
Honestly I don't know. You could always just kill the source and be done with it. The bossfight is bullshit with it regenning from just about everything but a one shot, but a properly specced character can do it so you could as well.
>>
>>49728754
So, that was you doing Renegade right?
Or was this something outside the chain?
>>
>>49728754
Was she a former jumper?
>>
>>49728776
No. Yes. Maybe so?

[Demon on Wheels] was definitely something outside of chain mechanics. I'm hesitant to call her a Renegade Jumper, but it's a similar concept. No actual material reward for this, though aside from your enjoyment, for anyone who liked it, of course.

>>49728789
Maybe. Likely.
>>
>>49728454
Wasn't the colony drop a different jump? They wouldn't know.

>Low power?
Lord Of The Rings?
>>
>>49728799
WHO IS SHE?

The fact that you said you recognized her is what makes me wonder cuz I dunno
>>
>>49728799
I want to say that she's an alternate human version of Cosmo's Bydo daughter, or an alternate of one of Nona's friends who's mad you "erased" her and that you keep doing so in other worlds, but both of those are fucked up chronologically and are only clued on a meta rather than story level.

So instead I'm gonna guess she was related to one of the gangbangers your Charizard killed way back in Infamous, but again, still grasping at straws.
>>
I have some questions about Percy Jackson demigods:
1. Do the boosts that elemental demigods like Poseidon and Erebus get from being surrounded by their element apply to things like chi and magic, or is it only a physical boost?

2. The Nyarlathotep demigod powerset says it gives you lots of forbidden lore and knowledge, how do you receive this? Is it just injected into your mind at the start of the jump, does it 'come to you' naturally over time, do you get it through dreams or what? Also would it give you forbidden knowledge and lore in other settings or is it just a one-time thing?
>>
>>49728799
The real question is, was this all according to the Benefactor's keikaku? Because if not, I can't say her afterlife will be very pleasant.
>>
>>49728809
This is the first jump.
>>
>>49728863
>>49728876
>>49728910
It is a mystery.

In all honesty I know the answer, but I'm leaving it up in the air for funsies. I'll tell yall what I had in mind sometime in the near future.

Minor correction, it was a Dragonite that Anon used back in Infamous.
>>
>>49728770
Meshera long stopped being endgame and is now generally considered midgame, the regenning isn't that much of an issue with the later game tweaks to a bunch of skills, and the new rapid growth rate (if you farm properly)

The part that has never changed about Elona the jump is that it's a jump reserved for experts who have played the game and know the exploits very well. For somebody who doesn't know Elona, doesn't know the exploits possible, some of the things in the jump just don't make sense at all.
>>
File: Tiki.jpg (144KB, 862x696px) Image search: [Google]
Tiki.jpg
144KB, 862x696px
>>49728647
Who knows what she's done in it? Aside from getting obviously drunk, I mean.
>>
>>49728966
>Last part
> Flashbacks to pens and pianos
>>
>>49728966
Superregen is still bullshit and stonewalls a lot of builds that don't know it's coming, but you're right it's not really endgame anymore.

As for the jump being hard to understand I don't think that's the jumps fault.
Elona itself is pretty much something you have to play yourself for months to understand.
It's far too complex and stuffed with content and it's still technically in development.
There isn't really a way to cover for that entirely with a jump.
>>
>>49729047
Music Ticket Grind was how one anon got himself up to 5ks. Literally just grinding performance non stop. Then they tweaked it and he cried. I don't think I've ever put a character past level 400 myself.

>>49729066
Oh no the jump is well made, it wasn't a comment about the jump at all, but rather just a statement that most people who have no clue about Elona will generally miss out a massive amount from the jump, partly because its reputation is just "diseases, sex, and Elder Gods".
>>
Exalted Mortal Gauntlet: Allows bodymod, or no? It explicitly doesnt allow warehouse and previous jump powers/items.
>>
>>49729155
I was under the impression that all gauntlets let you keep bodymod unless they say otherwise.
You might run into trouble if you have wings as a normal human though.
>>
>>49729155
I'd say that every gauntlet allows bodymod, but I remember someone saying for their own gauntlet that you get reverted to the form you were in when you first started jumping (if you picked drop-in for your origin). They could've been talking about Exalted Mortal but I'm not sure.
>>
>>49729145
>Not collecting little sisters to trade for stat booting items.
>Not the Genome Machine
>Not pokeball type items that work on basically anything under a certain power determined by the model of the ball
>Not the slave market
>Not Sheena's ass
>Not mutants with 10 neck slots
>>
>>49722225
Some questions about Adaptive Evolution:

Can I stack bonuses from it? If I die from fire 4 times, can I get 100% resistance to fire or am I capped at 25%?

How specific is the adaptation? If I get killed by arsenic, do I get resistance to arsenic or to all poison? Does getting choked to death by telekinesis give me telekinesis resistance or psychic power resistance and could that psychic resistance protect me non damaging psionic powers like mind control or telepathy? If I get stabbed, am I resistant to swords or stabbing weapons or all physical force? What about if it's a hammer?
>>
>>49729220
>>Not collecting little sisters to trade for stat booting items.
We stopped that because little sister trade ratios were too low compared to music tickets and extreme herbs.
>>Not the Genome Machine
This isn't used as much anymore and people with mages have a better exploit to give all skills without crippling growth rates.
>>Not pokeball type items that work on basically anything under a certain power determined by the model of the ball
Astral Light Pens have a higher level range than the pokeballs, and the pokeballs don't work past a certain level range unfortunately. They're alright for early game, but once you get into end game they become a crippling weakness due to the way stat mechanics work.
>>Not the slave market
Only good for finding skills during early game, becomes obsolete past midgame.
>>Not Sheena's ass
No contest, but there's a couple Aphrodites on the Island of God.
>>Not mutants with 10 neck slots
Why would you go neck? Neck accessories are the most useless as far as artefact synth and fusion goes.

Seems like you need to step up your game son.
>>
>>49729155
>>49729187
>>49729201
Gauntlets are nothing by default, LoT was the first to do things differently and I think others have followed suit since but that isn't the norm.
>>
>>49728387
Gravity Falls
It starts off as a sort of light hearted version of the X-Files, but then it devolves into fighting off a cosmic horror desperately trying to escape it's rotting home dimension.

Gears of War
Starts off as Generic Grimdark War Setting #19081288, but then it turns out that their entire planet is full of what is effectively zombie juice.

Futurama
A schlub like Fry can afford to use a superweapon to blow up a planet.
Earth is under attack by ayy lmaos on a semi-regular basis.
A robot Santa attacks Earth every Christmas, and kills anyone he can get to.

Portal
The Portal Gun is powered by a black hole.

PS238
One of the super-genius kids drains entire alternate universes to power his devices.
>>
>>49729305
Then what the fuck is even the point of body-mod when it provides few benefits that other perks don't, even in the early days?
>>
>>49729335
Because it's free. You get to keep the stuff through all but a few power loss drawbacks and because you can be a furry
>>
>>49729335
A chance to change yourself after a decade in a foreign land, for individuals looking to continue onward while casting aside a body that they may or may not like.
>>
>>49729335
The same as going to any of the many jumps that don't have anything you can't get elsewhere, free power.
>>
>>49729384
You're not actually changing yourself. It's more akin to wearing a person-shaped forcefield over your body.
>>
>>49729456
I'm very curious as to why you think that.
Is this some kind of inner self "your body is just a meat puppet" kind of thing or are you seriously saying that body mod doesn't give you a new body.
>>
>>49729456
If you believe that, then you believe the same about absolutely anything you do save your memories (And sometimes not even those) in the rest of the chain.
>>
>>49728941
Ah, ok. Low power for a first jump... Aria, Animal Crossing, CATastrophe?, Nintendogs?, Girls Und Panzer, Golden Sky Stories, Harvest Moon.
>>
>>49729456
>Body mod
>Doesn't mod your body
Did you have to work to get this stupid, or is it just natural?
>>
>>49728556
Smothered?
>>
>>49729482
Not him but I've noticed JC sometimes attracts people with very, very autistic opinions on morality, self-image and identity.

I figure it's the same reason why CYOA gen apparently attracts the bipolar rejects from /d/
>>
>>49729534
I think he's talking about how most of the girls have massive tits.
>>
>>49729534
Sorceress and Amazon. Elf could probably have a decent go crushing you with her thighs, too, but she doesn't have much on those two.

Also, the lewder bosses.
>>
>>49729541
You would think that something called "Body Mod" would be self explanatory as "Modifications to a Body" and not as "Drop a Forcefield on Your Ass"
>>
>>49729371
>You get to keep the stuff through all but a few power loss drawbacks
Not according to the interpretation being discussed, anon. It's been suggested that you don't even get to keep bodymod with powerless drawbacks.

>>49729482
>>49729484
>>49729508
Because it doesn't. When you're stripped of all your metaphysical make-up, it's not bodymod you're reverted to, but your pre-jump self.

>>49729508
For the chain to exist, everyone has to be part of a game by/for a bored omnipotent entity. The presence of power-less drawbacks suggests that nothing is actually being altered so much as changes to your physical presence are being actively enforced by said being.
>>
>>49729305
Gauntlets are nothing by default, yes - for values of "nothing" being your original body as modified by bodymod. Because bodymod isn't an altform, its your original body, modified.

>With this, you can change your "default" appearance for all JumpChain CYOAs.

>all JumpChain CYOAs
>>
>>49728583
I'm actually kinda on board for that.
>>
>>49729628
>The presence of power-less drawbacks suggests that nothing is actually being altered so much as changes to your physical presence are being actively enforced by said being.
Or, you know, the omnipotent being is just changing you back. It's omnipotent, it can undo permanent changes even if you have a "nothing can undo these changes" effect.
>>
>>49728998
You are not making this any less enticing.
>>
>>49729201
I think it was a drawback in Mad Men rather than a gauntlet.
>>
>>49729643
This.
I have never, before today, seen someone argue you're stripped of Bodymod in Gauntlets, or Powerless drawbacks.
>>
Question about LoT DLC 3:

Does Magnus only travel with you if Deadlight is intact and you get the Chaos weapon instead on Deadlight broken or Deadlight broken has you get the weapon in addition?
>>
>>49729486
Okay, sorry. Hero Union is/was the first jump.
>>
>>49729669
That was probably it. Also sorry for causing this shitstorm, I had no idea someone was going to take my post and apply it to ALL gauntlets.
>>
What's the best summon to take in FFX?
>>
>>49729691
This anon >>49729669 is correct

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49402700/#49407227
>>
>>49729628
And these same powerless drawbacks mean the same for all your perks, items, in jump changes and so on. Why aren't you whining about those too again?
>>
Where would be a good place for an evil magic jumper to pick up some good mind control spells?

Preferably of the "cast spell and they become a loyal minion" variety rather than the "compel them to follow specific orders" variety.
>>
>>49729628
Nigga your interpretation is stupid.
>>
>>49729679
Deadlight broken has you get the weapon instead
You only get to bro it up with Magnus if the Deadlight is intact
>>
>>49729486
>>49729680
Now I want to see you jump Harvest Moon as a Drop-In, just so I can see a Demon Lord running a small run down farm.

>neighbour comes by
>chats with ten-foot-tall-sulphurous-demon about the weather
>how's the missus
>talk about what you'll each be planting this year
>neighbour invites you to the local annual fair
>locals just accept you
>visitors to the city are like wut
>>
File: RFiJNyN.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
RFiJNyN.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>49722225
>BLADE made Custom Robo
>That means BLADE is...

Please say it isn't so.
>>
>>49729764
Dominate from Elona makes almost anyone your pet. Best get to grinding.
Alternatively Mind rape from D&D. You've got to be evil, but hey that's kind of your shtick at this point isn't it.
>>
>>49729723
Anima for maximum "I've got your mom" shenanigans with Seymore. Especially if you can arrange to make it look like your more compatible with her.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
Hi guys!

>>49728955
Thanks for the wild ride. I'll actually miss the [Demon on Wheels], it actually inspired me to do what I did to Ranma and our Sibling Rivalry.

>>49729723
Personally I'm a Bahamut fan. In my opinion it's one of his best incarnations in Final Fantasy, but that's just me.

On another subject I'm heading into Anno 2070 Jump and have no experience in said game. What should I focus on? Is there anything I can get here, other than the really nice Ark, that I can't get later on in Jumps?
>>
>>49729809
ROD OF DOMINATION. Effects vary based on method of application.

>>49729723
I like The Magus Sisters mostly. But Yojimbo comes with Doggo.
>>
>>49729800
Wait fuck if that's true then I've been bamboozled.
It doesn't make sense though he had a separate trip and everything.
Who goes through that much effort just to fuck with peoples heads.
>>
>>49728955
Was she a person you nearly hit back in pokemon?
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49651217/#49653869
>>
>>49729809
I'll have to look into those, thank you.
>>
I just got my first companion but I'm not happy about how I got her. have you ever taken someone with you because you thought you were saving them, but the damage was already done?
>>
If PSO-Anon is here, is the size increase mandatory for non-monster origins?
>>
>>49730162
Yes, but I'm quite good at therapy and healing magic at this point so whatever damage was done is usually not permanent after I'm through with them.
>>
>>49730206
*For 'Boss Monster', I mean?
>>
>>49729800
>>49729843

See >>49703988
>>
>>49730309
DUN DUN DAAAAH!
>>
So what does Demonic Fusion + Dormant Power actually do for you? Besides what Demonic Fusion already grants you.
>>
>>49729723
Anima. On top of being the strongest of them, it's also funny to beat up Seymour with his mom's ghost. Or the memory of his mom's ghost, I guess? Aeons are weird, I don't entirely understand how they're supposed to work.
>>
>>49730410
You become Not-Demifiend.
>>
>>49730480
...but what tangible benefit does that actually give me?
>>
File: EvWJumpV3.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
EvWJumpV3.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Another EastvsWest WiP. Changed around the 100 and 200 CP Drop-in items, a lot of small, clarifying changes.

Any and all feedback appreciated, probably going to upload this soon.
>>
>>49730497
You have the power of a demon with the growth rate of a human.
>>
>>49730497
You get the power of a demon with a human's potential for growth and change, meaning you're going to get ridiculously strong. The true Demi-Fiend is a universe-buster. The jump's notes say that you're not going to get that strong, but even if you're just a fraction of that you're still going to be incredibly powerful.
>>
>>49730616
>>49730542
All has become clear now. Thanks.
>>
So, how fucked am I if I take the Morning Star drawback in Devil Survivor? I did take the perks that let me become a weaker clone of the Dem-Fiend in SMT.
>>
>>49730869
Pretty fuked if that's all you got. SMT 1 is way lowered powered than DS. Bels and Whistles might help if you level grind like a madman.
>>
>>49730869
With dormant power and such...

And also boost to general stats from Comp and the cracked skills... If you have a good team you are okay. Definitely survivable.

Physical is best for first two Lucifer phases. Third one he stops doing skirmishes against you and instead uses Map hitting Megalodyne, each use more powerful than the last one. Due to him not initiating skirmishes his turns come fast so you need to gang up on him, maybe even with Tyrant demons to delay his turn
>>
>>49730925
Honestly you do see high level regular Tamers on last days. So It's the COMP itself that lets you grind fast
>>
Do I have to do LoT DLCs in order or can I first do 1 then 3 then 2 then 4?
>>
>>49731003
You can do the DLCs in any order you want.
>>
>>49731003
I think it's any order. Pretty sure each of the DLCs states "May be done at any point during Part 2,".
>>
>>49731003
The DLC can be done in any order. All of them start saying such.
>This jump is optional and can be taken at any point during part two of The Light of Terra - Land of the Sky Father.
>>
>>49730963
True. I was mainly thinking about how Bels and Whistles buffs you significantly, and about how the mandatory drawback is easy by comparison.
>>
>>49730501
>feedback
Nothing new from my comment already last thread >>49718634 (if you haven't already seen it); rest looks good to me.
>>
>>49730501
What are the other four jumps planned to be/cover (Hearts of Iron, x, y, z)?
>>
>>49731069
Saw that, addressed the Bug out bag, next week's paper (regarding changing fate), the filing cabinet, toned down force multipliers. The answer to the nimitz question is yes, the items will probably stay as they are, and the companions are discounted.

2 US locations- One is specifically meant to be the UN.
>>
>>49731087
Crusader kings: 768-1444
Europa universalis:1444-1836
Victoria 2:1836-1936
Hearts of Iron: 1936-1945

I've done and uploaded Victoria 2, not sure if it's been put in the proper section of the drive. Europa universalis will be next.
>>
>>49731129
>Crusader Kings
That's definitely a jump to prompt people to go on about murdering babies to ensure the best heir inherits. Also, Glitterhoof, the horse councilor.
>>
>>49730869
It won't be easy. Keep in mind, even with max level fighting Lucifer is more luck based. He does massive amounts of damage, and resists, reflects, and nulls pretty much everything. He even resists Almighty by 75%. In his final phase, you'll need to go all out, or he will overwhelm you. He reflects physical attacks though, so be careful.
>>
>>49731172
These are all likely to be perks.

Probably will upload EvW when thread falls off the board.
>>
>>49728215
>Day three hundred and sixty-five
Here's to a full year. Cheers.

So, church had a minor freak out after I reversed the antigrav on the Delenox II. Something about me being chosen by the god of evil to conquer the world. Had a massive recruitment drive.

I pulled a minor shapeshifting trick, and walked in the front doors. Did a utterly pathetic sith lightning and they accepted me almost instantly.

It was sad really. Did their basic training, didn't get chosen as holy, got offered a chance to become a cleric. Turned them down politely, but asked if I could have a day or two in the library before I left. They said yes.

Raided the whole damn thing and stole it all. Also left a bunch of blood where I'd been sitting. Also ripped my arm off, which fucking hurt. Not exactly subtle, but maybe it'll work?

Anyways, after three months of holiness, I think It's time to appreciate the finer things in life. Like the ass of a maid.

>Day three hundred and eighty
They fell for it. Or they're just doing it to taunt me, either way.

One of the guys from training, Matthaias, got up and did a speech about teaching me I couldn't just take what I wanted, and that I had to be killed for the sake of the world.

Semi-unrelated, I'm a saint now.

Or, at least, my arm is. Which is hilarious.

It also gives me the right/power/access to use holy magic.

Am learning lots about it, but I don't plan on relying on it on the off chance that they did that just to make me over confident.
>>
>>49731129
>Crusader kings
Start you own religion perks needed.
>>
>>49731188
>Day three hundred and eighty-two
They melted my arm down, and forged it into a piece of armor. A shield. The 'Holy maiden shield'.

There's rumors of digging up some other saints to make a full set of armor.

What the hell?

>Day four hundred
Vassalion - the religion - has summoned pretty much every mage they can get their hands on to try and find me.

Both of 'me'. Someone must have tried to find the rest of my corpse and did blood magic with the leftover blood.

They should look up.

>Day four hundred and fifty
Wow they're stupid. Also, they dug up more saints to make armor with. Just... Weird.

>Day five hundred
Figured out how to enchant stuff with holy energy. Doesnt mix with dark, but is more potent. Gonna build a second flight system and power it with Holy, then make it the primary. Not planning on trashing the Dark one, but I just really want to fuck with their heads.

>Day five hundred and thirty-two
Flight systems fully converted to Holy. Backups are also fully online.

I was thinking about my life a bit. I colony dropped the largest chapel of a major religion.

Wonder how many died? ...Wonder why I don't care.
>>
>>49731198
That'll be a $1.95 DLC.

Actually that could be a supplement
Thread posts: 406
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.