[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 49

File: 1474984541824.jpg (935KB, 1800x805px) Image search: [Google]
1474984541824.jpg
935KB, 1800x805px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

What's your current party composition? If you have more than one, tell us all of them!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: https://www.patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread: >>49527895
>>
>>49535933

Tiny size and flight speed at 1st level adds so much fuckery to the game, I'm pretty sure it's badwrongfun. Either way I didn't personally find anything that sounded like a fairy under the 3pp races on the srd.
>>
>>49535974
I have a feeling it won't last for very long.
>>
>>49535974
Stalker, Paladin, Beguiler, Witch.
>>
Party 1
Wizard, Psion, Stalker, Oracle.
Only one has positive strength. A door almost stopped the party because the Oracle with positive strength was busy.

Party 2
Aegis, Psychic Warrior, Oracle, Ranged Fighter.
We really need magic.

Party 3
Warder, Gunslinger, Samurai, Sorcerer, Psion.
Psion is NPC
DM is set out to kill us and has failed many times so far.
>>
>>49536036
I think I see what you mean.. But I feel like the pathfinder feel is pretty strong still. The classes and archetypes are all still there, and we're just making the feats complement those classes more, in my opinion.

The Ward Witch, for example, took Ward from a fire and forget hex buff that's kinda underwhelming, and turned it into a core class feature that she spent entire combats managing, by spending literally all of her feats on it.

And I still get to use all the bestiaries of Less Work for Me goodness.

I feel like it's Pathfinder, with complexity moved away from character creation, and towards combat options.

But fair, a lot has changed. Veeery homebrewed.
>>
>GM gives us mythic tiers because he wants to run "epic shit and stuff"
>Complains we're stronger now
>>
>>49535974
It's a Sorcerer, Ranger, Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Witch (think he's gone tho), URogue, Cleric and Alchemist

All are new except me, and I'm the DM. It's usually 5-6 that are present, so this is not as horrifying as it sounds. I'm still going to try to get all 8 to show up next week though and I'm going to have them participating in a big faire all split up and mucking about with a whole bunch of nobles and NPCs and competitors.
>>
>>49536008
Oh, and to answer the OP's question:

>no party beacue I have nobody to play anything but Dungeon World with

;_;
>>
> Guided is intended for Melee only
Why? There isn't some WIS to hit/damage for range already, is there?
>>
>>49536004
It'll be a level 6 Druid so it should be fine
>>
>>49535974
My party has been in considerable flux the past session.

They started off Human Cavalier, Android Gladiator (Some 3rd party thing), Tiefling Geisha Bard and finally, Aasimar Cleric.

That was one session ago.
Now we have Human Barbarian, Drow Inquisitor, Hobgoblin Witch and the Aasimar is the only one who hasn't changed.

Level one is a brutal place to be.
>>
File: 1473823886134.png (139KB, 245x251px) Image search: [Google]
1473823886134.png
139KB, 245x251px
Diviner Wizard (me), Spear dancing style U.Rogue, Esoteric Magus, Intimidate-focus Vigilante with 2 damnation feats, A Startoss style Swashbuckler.

I told my GM that running a pirate theme campaign would get similar characters and now he's upset that nobody is a "healer". I had to fight hard just to get wizards to seem normal on a pirate ship.
>>
>>49535974
Party 1:
Vivisectionist/Zweihander Sentiner/Avant Guard/Elditch Archer Hexcrafter Magus

We are all the INT.
We have no WIS and CHA in the party.
Used to have a face Inquisitor who covered both those roles but they left.

Most combat involves warder, alchemist and astral construct mob rushing enemies while the magus and kineticist say that everyone's getting in the way of a clear shot.

Party 2:
Feyspeaker Druid/White Mage Arcanist/Myrmidon Fighter/Night Terror Vigilante/Knight Disciple Paladin/Telepath Psion(Maybe)

Game starts this weekend! Lots of hype.
We'll see who makes it out of rusty dagger shanktown alive.
>>
Yo, just a reminder to everyone that the Vigilante playtest ends next monday, so why not check it out?
>>
>>49536091
Anon. Say NO to the next person who walks up to your table.
>>
>>49535974
My group is teetering on dissolution because the GM is terrible, and is specifically trying to prevent the main gm from starting up a 5e campaign with the group
>>
>>49536172
But the Vigilante has been out for months, silly! Really what are you talking about though
>>
File: 101.jpg (319KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
319KB, 1280x720px
>>49536202
The legendary vigilantes playtest in the OP that Legendary Games and myself are running. More specifically, the Legendary Villains: Vigilantes playtest, although there's enough content for other books in there that it's kind of a hodgepodge at this point.
>>
>>49535974
Party composition for the upcoming game this sunday is:

>Human Warder (Zweihander Sentinel)
>Human Vigilante (Warlock+archetype maneuver progression)
>Tengu Life Shaman (True Silvered Throne)
> Elven Warder (Hawkguard)

Pretty hype so far.
>>
>>49536228
Oh, cool. Vigilante is one of my favourite classes, good luck with the playtest.
>>
Internal Alchemist/Contender Brawler//Brutal Slayer Stalker and Rubato Bard//Unchained Swashbuckler

>tfw no players
>>
>>49535974
Wizard (Diviner), Wizard (Spell Sage) planning to go Eldritch Knight, Arcanist (Collegiate Initiate), Oracle (Spirit Guide) and a Witch (Beast-Bonded).
>>
>>49535974
-Dhampir Vigilante in charge of ironic edginess
-Catfolk Rogue in charge of being ironic furry
-Half-Drow Inquisitor in charge of ironic cliches
-Dhampir Magus in charge of being sincerely cringeworthy and easily offended by mockery
-Tiefling Alchemis in charge of actual original content

We've only gotten like a half session in (character creation and all that), but it's looking to be a good time.
>>
>>49536317
You guys sure do like your 9th level casters.
>>
How do you/your gm balance your campaigns, /pfg/?
>>
File: Spellthief.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Spellthief.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Hey guys, I am currently running a Kingmaker game and one of the players found a 3rd party class from Giantitp that he really wanted to play.

I have never allowed or used 3rd party classes before and I have very little knowledge in the way of determining class balance so I was curious if any of you have used it before or have any thoughts on it.

The rest of the party is a Skald, Slayer and Paladin, 20pt buy.

He went through and re formatted it and made it into a PDF for me because the one on giantitp looks like ass.
>>
>>49536379

After a while there comes a point where irony is lame, trite and possibly trying to play the trope straight.

Kind of like how we have more anime "making fun of" a genre rather than being part of that genre itself.
>>
>>49536387
I wing it
>>
>>49536395
That's stupidly gimmick-y, and stupidly overpowered if you have a lot of caster enemies. Don't allow it for both reasons.
>>
>>49536092
Is this a worse hell than only having PF games to play?
>>
>>49536438

Yes.

Only having PF games to play but they're all bad.
>>
>>49536386
Why bother playing anything else?
>>
>>49536395
Try and compare it to the Spellthief from Complete Adventurer, which it is very likely to be based on:
http://alcyius.com/dndtools/classes/spellthief/index.html

Spellthief was widely regarded as a weak class in 3.5, FYI.
>>
>>49536387
One throws higher level stuff at us constantly surrounded by guard mooks.
One just keeps adding enemies to the encounter until we have enough.
The last one complains that we are overpowered and does nothing about it.
>>
File: the BBEG enters the fray.gif (4MB, 319x186px) Image search: [Google]
the BBEG enters the fray.gif
4MB, 319x186px
>>49536387
I ask my players to make a new character.

I've only had to do this once because someone had rolled a Summoner, and neither of us really understood the rules.

I also give class levels to monsters. Some examples are two kapoacinths (sea gargoyles) with Ranger levels that the party had to burn hero points to kill.

I haven't had time to run a new campaign, so I can't use the NPC initiators I've written up. I give them non-damaging counters.

>>49536410
I also wing it.
>>
>>49536454

Because most of the other classes are fun.

God, people like you make me realize why people who play tanks or martial types are appreciated or even seen as unusual.
>>
>>49536395
There was a similar one back in the 3rd edition book Complete Adventurer. It looks like they took that class and then turned it up to 11.

Personally, I would not let your player use it.
>>
>>49536438
I... don't really know? Dungeon World isn't THAT bad. It's an abortion of PbtA rules which are really fun by themselves, but you can still beat the system into submission and enjoy yourself with friends. It's more that I just want something different and more crunchy for a change.
>>
>>49536395
Itll assrape badly designed encounters and be bad most of the time otherwise. Should be fine, honestly. If he wants it, I'd allow it.
>>
File: Smug nene.jpg (187KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Smug nene.jpg
187KB, 1280x1080px
>>49536501
>Because most of the other classes are fun.

>playing Pathfinder for fun.
>>
File: 1461684342509.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461684342509.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>49536524

I play Pathfinder for fun, you got a problem with that you doofus? I'll ding dong frick you up.
>>
>>49536435
>>49536467
>>49536508

Thanks for the feedback guys. Ill doublecheck over the 3.5 one and maybe just see if he wants to play that one. Seems like an interesting concept to say the least.
>>
>>49536545
Yeah, you heckin' show 'em!
>>
So guys

How many of you want non-magical weapon modifications? Like, superior grips, hardened blades, nails pushed through the head of a club, iron reinforcements, brass filligree, stuff like that? I'm tempted to make a document that lists this stuff out, just for the sake of listing it out, and what potential benefits each one might have.
>>
>>49536395
Check out the sandman archetype for the bard, friendo.
>>
>>49536569

Brass filigree is just there for show, you know.

Other than that I kinda like the idea, but it would only really work for low-fantasy campaigns I think.

You better include "qualities" of steel, a castle-forged blade should do better than something made by a blacksmith in some village.
>>
>>49536569
Yes.
>>
>Handled a 5th level char
>Everything is already picked...and awfully picked (for example can make 7 AoOs but has nothing to spend them)
>5th level feat slot free for me to choose something
>Don't want to pick Imp Trip because I get that at 6th level for free from my class
What should I pick? Is step up decent? 1pp only
>>
Hmm... I don't have work for the next two days, and I've been hanging around pfg all day....

If I was to say, "Level 3, 25 pt buy, go crazy, any 1pp, 3pp, or homebrew you want, just make sure everything is linked to or fully explained on your CS. Describe the setting/adventure you'd like, for example, Multiverse Highschool Zombie Survival or Epic Fantasy Socio-Political Intrique, and I'll start a roll20 campaign once I have 3-4 players." How fast would I get those characters?

My Specialty as a GM: Individual story arcs, where players don't form a party, but just all do their own things in a shared space, occasionally crossing paths/swords.
>>
>>49536612
Take Squire and roll a character you want to play instead
>>
File: 1294019769211.jpg (442KB, 825x900px) Image search: [Google]
1294019769211.jpg
442KB, 825x900px
>>49536612
Tell us more about this pre-made character.

It sounds like a monk.
>>
>>49536612
What's the character? Step Up is only useful if you're threatening enough to both force enemies to move away from you and find it worth it enough to move after them, or if you're fighting Casters or ranged-types.
>>
>>49536622
Timezone?
>>
>>49536583

Yeah, I was thinking, instead of alllll of these different qualities of historical steel, just have three broad "categories" of quality: Standard, High, and Low. Standard quality is what is described in the weapon's description. Low quality is stuff like- the steel has too much carbon, the blade is misshapen, something like that.High quality is stuff like- damascus steel, some of the more modern steels that outclass everything used historically. That sound about right to you?

>>49536622
Nigga you'd have hundreds lining up for it.
>>
File: 1432775579654.jpg (61KB, 666x632px) Image search: [Google]
1432775579654.jpg
61KB, 666x632px
>>49536622
>My Specialty as a GM: Individual story arcs, where players don't form a party, but just all do their own things in a shared space, occasionally crossing paths/swords.

Jesus Christ I love that sort of stuff.

If you bumped it to level 7 so we're semi-famous and can hear about the exploits of other players I'd squeal like a schoolgirl, especially if Mythic or gestalt was implied. Fuck our shit up Senpai.

As for the setting or adventure... How about something set during a fantasy equivalent of the 30 Years War, or in a city-state in the Not!HRE?
>>
File: 1442494089328.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
1442494089328.png
17KB, 393x377px
>>49536703
>That sound about right to you?

Sounds good to me, if you want "legendary" steel produced using modern techniques, just enchant some Electrodes with lightning elementals and produce modern-quality steel using a fantasy Electric Arc Furnace.
>>
File: Thumbs Up.png (29KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up.png
29KB, 267x200px
>>49536581

Bruh
>>
>>49536622
Epic Journey Through Fantasy Lands (whether it's caravan or the Fellowship of the Ring). Finding yourself during it optional.
>>
>>49536761
Kek

I'll probably have a sidebar for stuff like that. Implement modern steel as a sort of "Special Material" like adamantine or mithral, make it somewhat less expensive, but grant it lotsa hitpoints and a bonus to hardness so that it's more durable.
>>
>>49536674
It's monk
Dex monk with 22 Dex
Dodge, Weapon Finesse, Combat Reflexes, Power Attack, Combat Expertise

Strike style is Elbow Smash together with Dex build seems that unarmed attacks are the best approach with this
>>
>>49536554
If it's not significantly buffed from 3.5, it might be kind of miserable. It's VERY dependent on what the DM gives you. If you don't trust the random GitP poster I would still consider adjusting something of your own to make it more independent.
>>
>>49536816

Modern steel should be hard to set up the equipment for, but produce large amounts of cheap, high-quality steel. Consider it a way for a player to become filthy rich setting up an Ironworks or Steel Foundry.

Also, maybe modern steel produced in an EAF is easier to enchant, since it was produced while soaked in magic thus making it very faintly magical already.
>>
File: FFT - Monk vs Knight.jpg (184KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
FFT - Monk vs Knight.jpg
184KB, 800x640px
>>49536844
Regular, or Unchained?

Is 3PP allowed?

What is the rest of the party?

Can you tell us more about the campaign?
>>
>>49536871
That's possible. Maybe make it so that you have a small discount on adding the first enchantment? Maybe a 10% discount or such? That seems fairly balanced off the top of my head.
>>
>>49536685
Timezone? I'm midwest US, but, for the next three days, I have nothing better to do but roleplay online. 3 day midweekend, so to speak. I'll be playing Mordheim in about 52 hours, but that's the first thing I can't schedule around.

>>49536722
I generally like to reduce the implied power level of NPCs, so that like, the most elite of elite military units with unnamed characters Knights would be like, level 2-3 at highest. Level 3 would be plenty mover and shaker unless we set it in a very high magic setting.

That said, if everyone wanted to be higher level/gestalt, I wouldn't mind. 7 would be my upper limit though. The whole individual story arcs thing becomes a bit too overwhelming when full casters start hitting power spikes.

Also, HRE?

>>49536814
>>49536703

Well, if you want to pastebin or mythweavers or herolab link me a character sheet, I can get started.

Basically, I'll be meshing any of the settings desired by character sheets I accept.
>>
>>49536844
>Dodge
>Combat expertise

I barfed a little
>>
>>49536914
I thought that after mentioning Strike Style: Elbow Smash it would be clear it's an Unchained. Also 1pp only, already mentioned in my first post.

Rest are an unoptimized as fuck Rogue/Bard who has now idea what he's doing, and an average 2hd Barbarian (no totems as far as I know).
>>
>>49536942
>Also, HRE?

The Holy Roman Empire, a sprawling realm ran by an Emperor elected through the voting of a Diet comprised of Elector-Princes, who themselves are chosen based on the perceived strength and authority of their lands.

The Holy Roman Empire had Kingdoms, Duchies, Magravates (militarized border provinces) and Imperial Cities, which were free-ruling cities who answered only to the Emperor. All of them would fight, squabble and wage war upon the other in hopes of becoming influential enough to become an Elector-Prince (or an even more powerful Elector-Prince) and thus get a shot at becoming Emperor, or a shot at being the main voice in determining who does.
>>
File: tacticool.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tacticool.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
>>49536569
Be careful that you don't make a system that encourages players to go medieval version of tacticool, with all sorts of doodads attached all over their weapons for their inexpensive +1s to stuff.
>>
>>49536948
Seems the character belonged to another player who left the game because he moved to another city, also seems these three chars are superimportant for the plot and that's why I can't reroll.
>>
>>49537035
That's just bad writing, it'll also mean that you're not allowed to DIE.
>>
>>49537035
Ask to retrain those feats for better things. GM should let you since you had the character plop into your lap
>>
>>49536942
Are you familiar with Planescape? If so, is it a setting you enjoy? Are you interested in any other planar settings or plane-hopping adventures?
>>
>>49537022

This is true. At most, I'll probably just limit the amount of modifications you can have to your weapon, or have attachment "slots" that function similarly to wondrous item slots. Depending on the type of weapon, you might have different slots. This would also allow for "legendary modifications" so to speak.

How does about three attachment slots sound? Handle, Blade/Head, and Miscellaneous?
>>
>>49537164
we Fallout 4 now
>>
>>49536569
I believe the d20 black company supplement had something like that in the form of mastercraft weapons.
>>
File: fo4-commentary6.png (66KB, 278x414px) Image search: [Google]
fo4-commentary6.png
66KB, 278x414px
>>49537186

kekel my shekels you're right
>>
File: tmp_15022-f80-260193687.jpg (21KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15022-f80-260193687.jpg
21KB, 600x330px
>Joined a biweekly campaign
>>
>>49537137
I'll admit, I'm not familiar with Planescape. I started the DnD train back in 3.0, but by the time me and my friends started doing more than the core rules and traversing a randomly generated dungeon, we had moved to Pathfinder.

So, describe what you think the core elements to Planescape are thematically (not world specifically), because it'll be tied to 2-3 other concepts.

>>49537004
Pretty nifty.
>>
>>49536942
>>49536622

Hold up, what about a campaign set during a Crusade or even mass migration? Political intrigue, mass combat, land ownership and freaky hookups will not only be viable, they'd be encouraged.

It would be like combining the best aspects of Wrath of the Righteous, Curse of the Crimson Throne and Kingmaker.

We Crusader Kings now.
>>
>>49537341
Hmmm... I like that idea, and it works well with several of the others suggested.

How many of the people who made said suggestions will actually have time to make a character and play is another question though.
>>
so i am about to start a character that is basically kobold kevin mcallister.

are there any rules for what caltrops do if you fall onto or roll around in them? I was thinking of rigging firetraps in areas filled with caltrops or broken glass to make stop drop and roll unpleasant, or putting tripwires among caltrops for similar reasons.

other ideas include greasing or littering marbles on stairs, putting camoflaged covers over shallow holes in floor that hide some nasty surprise

I have like a +14 to craft trapmaking, and want to really push it to the limit
>>
>>49537432

We can't make characters until we know more about the setting, tone and campaign, Senpai.

A character built to go on Crusades will be quite different than one built to fight for lord and land in Not!William's Invasion of England or even the Not!Hundred Year's War.

Throw Planescape into the mix and you've got a very wide range of possibilities.
>>
File: Spotting the Loot.gif (2MB, 488x291px) Image search: [Google]
Spotting the Loot.gif
2MB, 488x291px
>the vigilante is the perfect chassis for throwing archetype ideas at since it's such a versatile, modular class
>mfw so many archetypes already in the works for it already, 1pp and 3pp
>mfw not a single one of them gives you an Oracle Curse+Mystery+Spont Divine Casting

I feel an idea brewing, but will it blend?
>>
>>49537558

The love for the vigilante just makes me remember the days we used to casually mock the class, calling it worthless and very niche.
>>
>>49537615
The class's core concept (masked superhero in pathfinder) is completely retarded, but the class itself somehow ended up amazing. It still makes no sense how it ended up like this when paizo fucks up things that should be really simple to make.

Swashbuckler has no reason to be as shit as it is, it's such a fucking simple concept HOW CAN YOU FUCK THIS UP YOU IDIOTS.
>>
>>49537556
Well, let's tally up current suggestions:

>>49537341
Cursade/Migration, political intrigue, mass combat, land ownership, freaky hookups.

>>49537137
Planescape. I'm not an expert, sadly.

>>49537004
Holy Roman Empire / 30 years war.

>>
Epic Journey through fantasy lands

What would you guys say to being the leaders of a migrating group of tribes/exiles/refugees/crusaders numbering a few hundred, who are fighting/politicoing/trading their way through a bunch of fractured kingdoms, "United" only through the Planar Council, looking for a place to settle, while fleeing some horrible threat from behind you.
>>
>>49536844
Snake Style? Panther Style? I mean, with all those AoO. Imp Trip is a trap.
>>
How do you guys handle fleeing from combat mechanically?

If one party is slower than the other do they have no chance of escaping in your game?
>>
I have a question. I'm making a Goblin Gunslinger/Alchemist because ALL OF THE BOOMS. I'm currently thinking that I'll only dip one level of Gunslinger and use a Dragon Pistol at low-levels or when she runs out of bombs at higher levels.

Is that a terrible idea? And if not, what sort of discoveries should I go towards? I'm thinking Fast Bombs, Scrap Bomb and Glassfoot Bomb for sure, to fill the air and land with all the shrapnel. Are there any others I should definitely look into?

Oh, and to clarify: I'm going Pistolero and Grenadier for my Archetypes.
>>
>>49537758
Planescape could be added easily by throwing some outsiders plotting behind the scenes.

Besides, being heroes from some kind of refugee group sounds amazing. Just like the second book of the Malazan series.
>>
>>49537807

On the contrary, there are plenty of ways to cover an escape, even if you're the slower party. Like tripping the person next to you before running.
>>
>>49537758

Oh my god are you telling me I could play as the Champion of the Not!Visigoths?
>>
>>49538016
Yup.

I'm just dying for someone to use something like the Emperor class for this.
>>
>>49537886

Crusades sound like a perfect time for Outsiders to be plotting, anyway.

War in Heaven and war on earth, with demons and Devils going into a feeding frenzy as the metaphorical waters are chummed with the souls of sinners and saints alike.
>>
>>49537904

Which sounds good I suppose, until actually ran.

Your generic dwarf trips my generic human whose kicking his ass, because want want to get the hell out of here. You provoke by tripping so now you may even be more hurt, but I go down and then you use your move action to move 20ft away, potentially also provoking.

On my turn I use a move equivalent to stand up and then use my movement to not only catch up, but pass you.
>>
>>49537758
One question.
Where do sign up.
>>
>>49538068
It was bad, and could be done better by just making racially-locked social talents.
>>
>>49538068
It wasn't received well, although I still have it in the doc. Is it still listed on the table of content? I thought I deleted it.

I think it'll end up being chopped up into some racial social talents.
>>
>>49538089

No, I mean, trip a teammate, then bail while they're getting the shit kicked out of them.
>>
>>49538121

Well then, yeah good point.
>>
>>49537758
Sounds sexy. Where do I sign my soul away?
>>
>>49538092
>>49538108

Hmm... Cool, but it does not mesh overwell with the majority of the other ideas. I think I shall incorporate it as I currently have, with the Planar Council, being the other-dimensional capital of the empire, but it really won't get it's themes into the normal play as much as you might hope. More an exotic locale you can visit, but not the primary focus (though you might visit often if you go more political routes than violent.)

>>49538098
If someone wants to give me a good name for the people group we're leading (Heroes of the ??), or for the campaign in general, I'll start the roll20 right now.
>>
File: 1442407168720.png (508KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1442407168720.png
508KB, 555x555px
>>49537862
>Grenadier
hey man thats a really good plan butyou might want to look into the winged marauder archtype for goblins instead of grenadier. not only do you get to make boom you also get a free flying mount at first level so you can make your dm resent you immediately and then rain fire down upon your foes
>>
>>49538272
I did look into it, actually. It seems interesting, except for the part where it doesn't give my bombs any bonus (unlike grenadier), and removes both Disable Device and Use Magic Device from my list of class skills.
>>
>>49538213
Make it so the crusades wrecking the kingdom aren't bog-standard Christianity vs Islam. Maybe switch it with Imperial China or India or Mongols? Lawful Evil hobgoblin empire stylized like Sengoku period Japan?

Yes, I'm still looking for some place to squeeze oni-blooded in.
>>
>>49538385
>Sengoku period Japan
Where can I learn more about this and the 3 kingdoms period of China
>>
>>49538405
Anime
>>
>>49538213
I admit, when it comes to barbaric immigrant hordes, I was always partial to the Vandals, especially due to the double meaning you get.
>>
>>49538385

>Islam vs. Christianity

What about a Northern campaign set during the Teutonic Order's wars against Poland and Lithuania?
>>
>>49538428
what ones nigga; my backlog is almost empty
>>
>>49538345
Ok, that right there is a reason why I wanted people to post character sheets along with their idea. So that I'd definitely know who was voting for who.

The other reasons are:
If you make a good character sheet, it's going to do some of the worldbuilding for me, even if a few details have to be tweaked to fit in.
If you make a bad character sheet, I don't care about your suggestion.

>>49538385
I wasn't planning on setting it in the real world anyway. :P

The flavor of said crusades could easily be set in stone if someone wanted to make a character with religious motivation.
>>
File: Oda Nobuna.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Oda Nobuna.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>49538405
>3 kingdoms period of China

Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Written seven centuries ago, it's still pretty much the definitive book of the subject. A lot of it, of course, is not necessarily accurate or was exaggerated to make it more interesting, but if you want to learn more about it there's no better place to start.

As for the Sengoku era just look up information online. Or watch Hyoge Mono. Or Oda Nobuna no Yabo.
>>
>>49538456

I'll write what I was voting for on my application when the Roll20's made, bro.

When is this being run?
>>
WW2-style campaign when
>>
>>49538503

What about Sengoku Rance? That was pretty accurate.
>>
Ok a new iteration of the beginning shopping list!

Tools:
4 Smoked Goggles - 40gp - 0lbs
1 Pocket Watch - 250gp - 1lbs
1 Collapsible Bathtub - 15gp - 20lbs
6 Soap bars - 6sp - 3lbs
1 Fishing Net - 4gp - 5lbs
5 Bear Traps - 10gp - 50lbs
250ft Silk Rope - 50gp - 25lbs
1000ft Twine - 2sp - 10lbs
500ft Hemp Rope - 10gp - 100lbs
4 Signal Whistles - 3gp 2sp - 0lbs
1 Compass - 10gp - .5lbs
4 Air Bladders - 4sp - 2lbs
1 Small Steel Mirror - 10gp - .5lbs
4 Signal Horns - 1gp - 8lbs
4 Bells - 4gp - 0lbs
20 Tiny Cages - 40gp - 100lbs
1 Chalk Set - 2sp - 0lbs
4 Tarps - 2gp - 12lbs
5 Masterwork Manacles - 250gp - 10lbs
5 Fetters - 75gp - 10lbs
1 Tinder Box - 2sp - 1lbs
1 Block and Tackle - 5gp - 5lbs
1 Portable Bridge - 200gp - 60lbs
6 Sets of Earplugs - 1sp 8cp - 0lbs
1 Tongs - 2sp - 1lbs
1 Hammer - 5sp - 2lbs
1 Grappling Hook - 1gp - 4lbs
4 Shovels - 8gp - 32lbs
1 Saw - 4cp - 3lbs
1 Balancing Pole - 8sp - 12lbs
1 Binoculars - 30gp - 2lbs
1 Crowbar - 2gp - 5lbs
1 Cording Mallet - 10gp - 25lbs
1 Woodaxe - 3gp - 6lbs
4 Buckets - 2gp - 8lbs
4 Canteens - 8gp - 4lbs
40 sheets of paper - 16gp
1 Magnet - 5sp - .5lbs

Camp Supplies:
4 Bedrolls - 4sp - 20lbs
4 Blankets - 2gp - 12lbs
4 Folding Chairs - 8gp - 40lbs
4 Hammocks - 4sp - 12lbs
2 Medium Tents - 30gp - 60lbs
4 Mess Kit - 8sp - 4lbs

Clothing:
16 Traveler’s Clothes - 16gp - 80lbs
4 Ponchos - 2gp - 8lbs
4 Hotweather Clothes - 32gp - 16lbs
4 Coldweather Clothes - 32gp - 28lbs
4 Cleats - 20gp - 8lbs

Containers:
10 Sacks - 1gp - 5lbs
2 Barrel - 4gp - 60lbs
1 Large Chest with Superior Lock - 230gp - 100lbs
10 vials - 10gp - 0lbs

Light:
20 Flasks of Lamp Oil - 2gp - 20lbs
40 candles - 4sp - 0lbs
1 Candle Lamp - 5gp - 4lbs
1 Hooded Lantern - 7gp - 4lbs
5 Sunrods - 10gp - 5lbs

Travel:
1 Heavy Wagon - 100gp
4 Oxen - 60gp
>>
>>49538522

Food/Drink:
20 gallons Ale - 160lbs - 4sp
Hard Cheese - 40lbs - 8sp
Flour - 40lbs - 8sp
Beans - 40lbs - 8sp
Rice - 40lbs - 8sp
Citrus - 20lbs - 6sp
Garlic - 5lbs - 2gp 5sp
Salt - 5lbs - 25gp
Pepper - 5lbs - 10gp
Sugar - 10lbs - 5sp
Coffee - 10lbs - 5sp
15 Live Chickens - 90lbs - 3sp

Alchemical Supplies:
1 Portable Alchemical Lab - 75gp - 20lbs
10 flasks Alchemist Fire - 200gp - 10lbs
10 flasks Acid - 100gp - 10lbs
5 doses Alchemst’s Kindness - 5gp - 0lbs
2 doses Antiplague - 100gp - 0lbs
2 doses Antitoxin - 100gp - 0lbs
20 tinder twigs - 20gp - 0lbs

Kits:
Fishing Kit - 5sp - 3lbs
This kit includes a simple fishing pole and a small box that contains fishing tackle (hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, and lures.

Cooking Kit – 3gp – 16lbs
This kit contains an iron pot, an iron skillet, a ladle, a skewer, a wooden cutting board, a cutting knife, an iron tripod for the pot, a packet of tinder, and a small selection of local or otherwise easy to find seasonings. You can attach the skewer to the tripod for roasting small game animals. All the component pieces (except the skillet) fit within the pot for easy storage and transport.

Grooming Kit – 1gp – 2lbs
This pouch of toiletries includes a comb, scissors, a nail file, a sponge, a hairbrush, a miniature mirror, soap, a chewing stick, and tooth powder.

Shaving Kit – 1gp 5sp – .5lbs
A shaving kit contains a straight razor, a whetstone, a small mirror, a brush, a cup, and enough shaving powder to last a Medium humanoid 50 shaves.

Scrivener’s Kit - 2gp - 1lbs
This soft leather case contains a vial for holding ink, an ink pen, spare pen nibs, a small container of pigment for making ink, a tiny knife for cutting quills into pens, a blotter, and a small ruler.

Climbers Kit - 80gp - 5lbs
These crampons, pitons, ropes, and other tools give you a +2 circumstance bonus on Climb checks.
>>
>>49538456
Oh, I didn't mean Christianity vs Islam literally. Just "Knights vs Arabs".
>>
>>49538450
Koihime Musou maybe? Nor much gets done for the 3 kingdoms period.

Dynasty Warriors is one version you could use though. Play through authentic battles in the 3 kingdoms period as authentic characters using their authentic special moves while listening to authentic ancient chinese rock music.
>>
>>49538534
Magic Gear:
1 Wand of Cure Light Wounds - 750gp
2 Scrolls of Remove Disease - 750gp
2 Scrolls of Remove Curse - 750gp

Total Nonalchemical/Nonmagical Cost: 1852gp 0sp 2cp
Total Nonmagical Cost: 2377gp 0sp 2cp
Total Cost: 4112gp 0sp 2cp

Total Weight: 1502lbs (2802 with full barrels)
Cart Capacity: 4000lbs

Cost per person: 1028gp 0sp .5cp (magical) 594gp 2sp 5.5cp (alchemical) or 463gp 0sp .5cp (mundane)
>>
>>49538562
Ok, so am I missing anything now?
>>
>>49538554

>Romance of the Three Kingdoms
>Each player is a hero of their side, mowing down hundreds of low-level soldiers (level 7 PoW vs. level 1 fighters)
>Gold, God and glory for all

I need this. I need this bad.
>>
>>49538635
Good luck finding a GM.
>>
>>49538506
This is being run when I have a group. So, if four people dropped characters they already had built that fit in in the next 20 seconds, I'd get running now.

I'm one of those GM's where generally my players enjoy my campaigns more the less I prepare. I think it's because my flaw is "If I prepare something, I start getting it in my head that things should go away, and then start unconsciously resisting player influence."

>>49538513
Yup, level 3, unless everyone begs for more. Which I apparently have two for. So, it's in the running.

In this case, you'd get burned if ALL the other players had a concept for the world that diametrically opposed yours.

For example, if all the other three players wanted to be extradimensional monsters summoned to this plane of existence to cause havoc... And you wanted to be an accountant...

Wait, dammit, I can think of a plot that combines those. I think there's like, a dozen anime that mirror it too.

>>49538540
That'd be like calling the Visigoths the Heroes of the Holy Roman Empire, if we go with some of the current concepts that were suggested.

~~

How about you give me not a character sheet right here and now, but a quick summary.

Like, "I want to be a Moonshiner Alchemist 2/ Entropic Sage Hedgewitch 1 yokai kitsune, who is the cutest thing, and kills everyone with lightning while drunken fu-ing. He learned magic from his society, but decided to learn brewing from dwarves because he think's they're awesome. He travels the land to hopefully find the ingredients for the best dwarven ale ever. So... Make at least one place oriental inspired, and put dwarves in, kthxbai."
>>
>>49538517
Well, I'd recommend reading it for the same reason I'd recommend reading any Rance title. Because it's about Rance sticking his hyper weapon in sexy 2D girls.
>>
Fuck off into a chatroom or Gamefinder
>>
>>49538683
Fuck off, Pathfinder games are Pathfinder related.
>>
>>49538611
>>49538635

>>49538669
Seeing I've already allowed both SoP, mass combat, and PoW, and people are begging for level 7 already, I suppose there's already a GM for it. :P
>>
My GM allowed any class for my Squire. I want a meek and endearing support caster, but I want to make sure it's not too good so no crafting or powergamed spells known. It's gotta be an arcane caster, and Bard is already taken. Any 3pp. What do you guys think? I want utility and reasonable buffs mostly. Maybe SOP is a good idea? Going for a wizard's apprentice sort of feel here, but don't really want to just go straight up wizard.
>>
File: 1473633026413.png (829KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1473633026413.png
829KB, 750x750px
Once again, plugging some homebrew for feedback.

The Arsenal Hero
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pzq--m5LWaD_WuotPdiK6HNxN3z-L4vK2M1bKyeqBXk/edit?usp=sharing

An Armorist archetype incorporating elements from the Henshin Hero. Also contains some Arsenal Tricks for other Armorists.

And The Crystal Sage
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DPAnO6za55uuemBm86nAJRf00rYuRHM9hqqxQFiCHEc/edit?usp=sharing

A psionic prestige class centered around replacing your body with psionic crystal.
>>
>>49538717
>Caster squire
Cease and desist. Even SoP would be fundamentally broken.
>>
>>49538741
I did not, someone posted it here and I was obligated to save it.
>>
>>49537558
If you have an idea of something, I can brew it.
>>
https://app.roll20.net/join/1698250/KPjOew

Here we go. Hit me.
>>
>>49538739
How so? I dont see the issue. I'm intentionally gimping it.
>>
>>49538717
>Wizard's apprentice
SoP, Cantrip feat, some Life (focus on Restore talents, to clear annoying conditions), some Enhancement (both for buffs, and for Animate Object, so you can literally do Sorcerer's Apprentice, with the broomsticks and shit), and maybe a bit of Weather for flavour (keep the boss dry, make it rain annoyingly..)
>>
File: 1434959863803.png (459KB, 1023x1390px) Image search: [Google]
1434959863803.png
459KB, 1023x1390px
How do we fix the Master chymist?
>>
>>49537240
Twice a week or every two weeks?
>>
>>49538792
Whats this?
Campaign details? Time? Text or voice?
>>
>>49537807
Have the burly fighter carry the twink casters
>>
>>49538868
This sounds great. I'll do something like that for sure. Thanks anon!
>>
>>49538918
Campaign Details:
Depends entirely on what the 3-4 applications I accept want. Character creation rules on thread, and are "somewhere level 3-7, 1pp, 3pp, homebrew allowed.".

Time: From whenever people post good applications, to 48 hours from now.

Text or Voice: Yes.
>>
>>49538562
>>49538534
>>49538522
Help please, I don't want to be caught without something I need. We can afford the mundane list at level to and the alchemical/magical list at 3. Any other magical consumables one should always have lying around? Should I switch the CLW wand for a wand of Infernal Healing?
>>
>>49537807
Mother
Fuckin'
Caltrops
>>
>>49538972
CLW wand, infernal healing eats up buff time

Also stop spamming this faggot shit for attention
>>
>>49539010
I've only posted about it in this and last thread. I need opinions incase I'm missing anything. People have made suggestions for things I missed.
>>
>>49538873
Give the mutant form more buffs to stats and make growth mutagen a lower level discovery.
>>
>>49538873
Give it sneak attack instead of bombs like a vivisectionist.
>>
>>49538678
>Because it's about Rance sticking his hyper weapon in sexy 2D girls.
And yet despite being a porn game about a serial rapist, it is still better written has better gameplay than 90% of games out of Japan.
>>
>>49539075
Master Chymist's a fucking PrC you assbandit.

Also

>Mr Hyde
>Sneak Attack
>>
File: 1426063019813.png (204KB, 312x425px) Image search: [Google]
1426063019813.png
204KB, 312x425px
Does anyone know if the Familiar Spell metamagic uses the familiar's casting stat to determine DCs, or the caster's?

The wording only seems to say that the caster's caster level is used for variables dependent on that, and the familiar's relevant stat is used for attack rolls. It seems like it should use the caster's stat for spell DCs, since a familiar might well have too low an int. score to even qualify for casting spells in the first place.

At like 14k, a lesser rod of familiar spell seems like an affordable early alternative to quicken. Might be good for getting a few more buff spells off right at the start of a battle.
>>
>>49535974
>linnorm kings campaign
Gathlain Mageknight heavily based on Cirno, Kobold Transmutation Wizard, Human Heavens Oracle who lost his memory, and my Human Half-Ulfen Half-Tian Myrmidon Drill Sergeant Fighter who wants to connect with his Ulfen ancestors.

>kingmaker party I GM for
Human Viscera Kineticist, Kitsune Sage Sorcerer, Changeling Occultist, and a DSP Dragon.

>skull and shackles
Human Brawler, Catfolk Investigator, Human Soul Weaver, Human Gunslinger, and my Undine Kraken Caller Druid/Swashbuckler Rogue multiclass.
>>
How do I get myself to not play a martial that isn't a Zwiehander Sentinel.
>>
>>49539437

You don't, it doesn't get better than the Zweihander Sentinel.
>>
Does anyone remember where I can find the exposed vigilante.

I also remember an archetype that involved unarmed combat, I can't remember where I found it for the life of me.
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>The spellcasting fighter archetype, instead of the shitty swift action SFC reduction, can cast in armor with no SFC, instead of gaining armor training
>can also cast with a shield without losing the shield bonus
>gains an altered weapon training 1 that works a single weapon of the fighter's choice and scales up, but gains no other weapon groups or iterations of weapon training and maybe also gives shields a bonus I don't know
>has one more spell slot of each spell level than a normal 4th caster would have, and can pick spells from both the bloodrager list and all wizard spells of 4th and lower

Sometimes I try seeing if I can make bad archetypes be less bad, no matter how pointless the idea is.

For reference: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/child-of-war-fighter-archetype
>>
>>49539543
>They finally got around to adding it to the SRD.

I'd say Child of War is super fucking unindicative, but then, it's still better than its actual name.
>>
>>49535974
>Kingmaker I run
Eternal Royal, Youkai Engineer, Monk of the Silver Fist, Wizard

>Reign of Winter I run
Ranger, Ordained Dervish Defender, Alchemist, Oracle

My biggest issues with the two that I run are that the Wizard and the Oracle both loathe Path of War and seem to have it in their head that if they prove they can be better than the PoW characters in their roles, I will see the light and ban it. Thus far, the PoW characters continue to outperform them, which is a veritable saltmine from them.

>Anti Vampire Jihad I'm a Player
Sword and Board Battle Templar, Myrmidon, Druid, Warlord/Phoenix Champion, Bloodrager/Mystic, Warder/Ranger.

I'm the Myrmidon, with two levels in Vigilante, and despite wearing Fullplate I am the sneakiest person in the group. By far.

>Mercs Out Of Sigil
Varies, but our most consistent are a Sorcerer, my Psychic Warrior/Awakened Blade, a Psion, and a Medic.
>>
When do effects that last 1 round end?
Example: I use the Misfortune Hex, lasts 1 round. Does it end after my next turn or just before my next turn?
>>
>Rise of the Runelords

Wizard, Unchained Rogue, Summoner, Paladin

And then possibly some kind of strange fighter build to replace either the rogue or paladin, whose players are extremely unreliable.

I feel bad for the rogue, though. The guy is a new player. We tried to warn him about vanilla rogue, but he wanted to do it anyway. He's trying to use poisons, and tried crafting them, but the rules for crafting mundane stuff are awful.

>Serpent's Skull (I run)

Barbarian, Ranger (divine marksman), Fighter, Alchemist
>>
>>49539677
The start of your turn after using it.
>>
>>49535974
>Super Broken Homebrew 10 Mythic Rank Campaign I'm in
Hierophant Warpriest, Guardian Brawler, Champion Bloodrager, and Archmage Arcanist
>>
So I took into consideration what people said about the human offshoots in Book of Woes being boring, you all were right, they were boring!

In order to correct this I have taken a set of human offshoots from another game I designed and am thinking of using them instead. They are the following:

Gugir, which are what would occur if you made humans aquatic. large and blubbery like a manatee, grey skinned with many folds. Nearly no nose, and instead prehensile nostrils they can open and close. Large eyes with black irises, making them sun sensitive, and a second set of eyelids to close over them when underwater. No ears, just holes in the side of their head which are also closeable. On their arms are large fleshy flaps that are fairly rigid and used for movement in the water, and their feet are longer and flattened.

Shetou are taller and more lithe than humans, base humans describing them as "skeletal". Their originally developed and lived in caves. Their eyes are beady and also light sensitive. They have no lower jaw, instead a single massive tongue that hangs heavily downwards (making them prone to dehydration in hot climates). Their speaking patterns are warped due to an inability to use a lower jaw.
>>
File: GCRonanAegis.png (361KB, 800x709px) Image search: [Google]
GCRonanAegis.png
361KB, 800x709px
>>49539595
Honestly, I feel like it had so much potential to be something kinda fun, but anything I try to brew up to make it not-shit makes me realize I might as well just brew an entirely new archetype instead.

Is there even anyone interested in, say, a cantrip-capable 4th casting "true sword'n'board" fighter? I feel like I'd just end up with a bizarro magus, but I kind of want to see how it goes.
>>
>>49539920

Daomu Zhe are the most common of the human offshoots. From birth they begin developing scar tissue on the top of their skin, which builds up over time. The top of which calcifies into numerous hard plates covering the body. They can't sit still for too long because the plates will begin to grow together, this will happen if a Daomu is bed ridden. They also shed hair, teeth, and nails constantly, and are normally nearly bald except for hair coming out of their oversized ears (one of the few things that don't scar as badly). They have roughly the same physique as humans but are often perceived as shorter due to having a hunched look because of their plating giving them a bulbous back.

Xingxing are the last one. Take a human, make it stout and pot bellied (essentially giving a human the shape of an orangutan). Give a set of long muscular arms, each with a second set of elbows allowing for better movement (these joints are all double jointed with free movement). Their faces are much more ape like than normal humans, with large lips and flattened nose. Xingxing are often employed as engineers due to the fact their arms can easily reach into holes normal humans could not reach at all.

I think these are more interesting and fit better with the setting. I am currently writing the character guide. It will include stats for these offshoots, a series of deities to choose from, campaign traits, and some general setting information.
>>
hey i have a /r/ for an op image that was used for the /pfg/ within the last 3 weeks. it was a picture of a lunar oracle doing something with a adventure path specific item i think it was called a "blood stone" or "blood shard". i dont remember but it inspired me to wanna try out a ce survival of the fittest type lunar oracle and i want to use that op for my token.

much appreciated if anyone can help me out, looking through the archives is a nightmare and i've gotten nowhere doing it the last hour
>>
>>49539924
Man, I played Grand Chase back in the day.

I remember how they neglected to actually make weapons for Ronan from level like, 10-30 or something so you spent those first 30 levels hitting shit with a bone.

Anyway.

I feel like a 'casting fighter' is a tricky concept, since we already have things like Magi.

What you could do, is instead give them a bunch of SLAs they can choose from, some of which (Like buffs) are self-usable as a Swift.

Also, don't be afraid to just make up other magic effects. Like if you wanted to let them have a strength boosting buff, don't feel limited to just 'Bull's strength SLA', since bull's strength is worthless for someone who already has a Strength belt.

Hm. I kind of want to have a crack at writing this myself now.
>>
File: pixie charger.png (789KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
pixie charger.png
789KB, 800x800px
Rate my latest PC token, /pfg/.
>>
>>49540151
It's a little busy, and took me a bit to realize she was a sprite or fairy of some sort sitting in an ornate guard. A token works best when it's immediately and easily identifiable, both as being distinct from other tokens, and as what it's meant to represent. I get that you just cropped this from a full picture, but you might be better served by finding an example of the character without the sword bits.
>>
>>49540216
The sword (to scale) is her weapon of choice.
>>
>>49540074
>another GCfag
>tfw game is kill and now you have to go to a private server

I wholeheartedly admit I unironically liked all of the characters in that game, except Lire. Fuck Lire, the overpowered piece of shit.

>I feel like a 'casting fighter' is a tricky concept, since we already have things like Magi.
Really, the only gimmick I can think of is somehow making it "well rounded", and giving the fighter a real incentive to go sword+board in it instead of just two-handing. Though making "Sword and Shield Bash while spellcasting" could be fun, it'd be messy to work in. A start on shields would be making it so you don't lose your shield bonus while casting and can add the shield bonus to more than just your base AC? After that I'm not really sure, though.
I'm a little inclined to go back and watch some videos of the GC Aegis Knight for ideas, but I can already hear "just use PoW" getting slung around.
>>
>>49540151
>all that coiling garbage around the crossguard
>>
>>49540228
That may be, but it doesn't change the fact that it makes the image harder to parse quickly, which is the opposite of what you want for a token.
>>
File: raisin brahm wizard.jpg (19KB, 412x352px) Image search: [Google]
raisin brahm wizard.jpg
19KB, 412x352px
>>49539324

Oh, and another question.

So under Familiar spell:
>A familiar spell uses up a spell slot 3 levels higher than the spell's actual level. Your familiar can store a number of spell levels (including this modifier) equal to your caster level, but no spell's adjusted level can exceed half your caster level.

If you use a metamagic rod to cast a familiar spell, the spell slot used does not increase. But for the purpose of Familiar Spell, if you use a metamagic rod, does the level of the spell cast not increase, since you do not use a higher spell slot, or do you tack on an extra +3 spell levels for the purpose of determining how much magic you can stuff into your pet regardless of whether you used the feat or a rod?

Like if you were level 8-9, you would normally be able to only use this on 1st level spells, as with the +3 slot increase, they would be cast as level 4 spells, which would be half your caster level.

But if you used a lesser rod and did not count the +3 increase, a 3rd level spell would be less than half your caster level, and could be put into the familiar.
>>
File: kobold token.png (76KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
kobold token.png
76KB, 252x252px
>>49540254
>>49540251
>>49540216
How about this one?
>>
>>49540355
I guess it's technically a good token by anon's criteria - it's simple, quick to identify and should be pretty unique among other tokens. It's an ugly fucker though.
>>
File: tiefling token.png (101KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
tiefling token.png
101KB, 256x256px
>>49540389
How 'bout this?
>>
>>49540399
So long as there aren't tons of mostly dark tokens with pale light bodies on them. I'm not saying don't use the kobold. It's a good token, just an ugly character.
>>
>>49535974
Recent and current game.
>Dwarf Ranger/Gryphon-riding charger.
>Former Tiefling turned Lizardfolk Barbarian, due to Reincarnation being cheaper at the time.
>Technically human living blender by way of Disciple of Dispater and Frenzied Berzerker.
>Monk/Psychic Warrior who giants themsleves then punches things.
>Scroll mastery Artificer.
>Gun toting crafter cleric.

Martial Arts Adept Gestalt Game.
>Ranger/Bard//Swordsage supporter fire fairy.
>Barbarian//Swordsage debuffer CC ice fairy.
>Sneaky Stealthy Roguetype Poisoner.
>Hack'n'slashy Autumnal Barbarian Fairy. (We had 3/4 seasons coverred, all rivals)
>Spooky creepy Necromancy martial soulstealer.
>Grand warrior, punching with punches from the punch dimension.

Demonic Invasion Campaign on hiatus after we failed to stop the sun from exploding.
>Monkadin Paragon.
>Archivist Martial Artist.
>Psychic Crusader
>Cleric/Barbarian who is totally not a Paladin.
>Sneaky Stealthy Shadowy Gunslinger.

My current game as DM.
>Arabian Nights Martial Adept.
>3rd party demi-caster with construct cohort.
>Crouching Healer Hidden Aristocrat
>Merchant Heiress en rout to capital conqueror.
>Corporate Knight.
>>
>>49540240
I never did figure out how the fuck Elesis' Berserk worked. I only managed to get it to trigger by button mashing in the direction arrows were coming from.

My thinking's turned to the Arcane X feats now. Y'know, like Arcane Shield, Arcane Strike, Arcane Blast?
>>
File: monhun.jpg (841KB, 1000x705px) Image search: [Google]
monhun.jpg
841KB, 1000x705px
How do I Monster Hunter /pfg/?
>>
>>49540583
As a player or as a DM running a game for it?
>>
>>49535974
Well, my GM is currently trying to run a MtG themed game, where we're all starting in Ravnica.
We are a few sessions in and it's going okay, albeit with a couple of hiccups and one shitbomb.
Party: Wizard, Sorcerer, Druid, Fighter
As the wizard in a low level campaign, I'm basically stuck on fancy archer duty, but I get to colour spray anyone that gets close, which is fun.
The sorcerer was going to make a fighter I think, but found out sorcerers can have a draconic bloodline and loves dragons. He still acts like a fighter, but just has the stats of a sorcerer.
The druid seems to roll 17+ on EVERY perception check, meaning he knows of pretty much everything going on nearby, and doesn't do too bad in combat either, preferring to act like a ranger currently since we're not high enough level for him to wildshape.
The fighter thinks with his fists and/or dick, to the point where, on a mission to covertly gather information on who sent people to rough us up, they started bragging about how they killed one of them.
At any rate, since we're trying to stick to just the CRB as much as possible, we're doing pretty okay. I've not had much time to sit and write out a few scrolls though, which is a little annoying.
So yeah, fun times overall.
>>
>>49540603
Either actually. I eventually want to run a game with MH elements to it, but i'd settle for just a character for now.
>>
>>49540633
>At any rate, since we're trying to stick to just the CRB as much as possible
Literally why aren't you playing 4e?
>>
>>49540665
It's a no go PC wise. PF's and 3.5/3.0's abstractions don't fit with the sort of things monster hunter wants to do. At least on the video game mechanics level. On the pure flavor level, most PCs could do fine as monster hunters, all it really takes is being a guy that fights big monsters and then crafts stuff out of them to fight bigger monsters.

Mechanics and video game design wise nothing really works on the PC end. Best you can do, or the best I think you can do, is make a martial type with magic item creation feats. I'm unfortunately not well versed enough in pf to know how to pull that off. But once you pull it off craft some custom items that reflect shit you've slain and pretend it's from shit you've harvested off of them
>>
>>49540707
Because the GM said so and we've already started. He wanted to learn the mechanics of pathfinder better and we were happy to be guinea pigs. It's a pretty lighthearted campaign at any rate, we don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>49540731
Yeah, to help drive the point home: Monster Hunter is about very long fights, quick reactions and timing...

You'll get NONE of the feel of it in a tabletop like this (try kingdom death monsters though on tabletop simulator) and the mechanics don't lend themselves to "long fight" at all: Not only do things like AC and to-hit bonuses ensure you CAN'T just send a bunch of level 1s against a great wyrm (they CAN'T "plink it to death", they simply do 0 and it can't miss them except on natural 1s), and once one IS in the range to kill something, combat lasts about 3 rounds, or less if it's party vs 1 monster.

And they have to; because one solid hit from said monsters may very well instagib the character and since it's rolls of the dice and not actual skill, there's NOTHING they can do about it once it happens often 'nuff.
>>
>A mystic bolt deals 1d6 points of damage plus 1 for every 4 vigilante levels the warlock has.
Wait does that mean I don 1d6+1 at level 4 or 2d6 at level 4 with mystic bolts?
>>
>>49540665
Ask if you can replace certain crafting prerequisites with creature bits that fit the concept. Feathers from flying critters to mitigate flight spells, or bones and armor shards to replace ironskin or barkskin spells without raising the spellcraft DC's, or reducing them further if you do have them.

Ranger, Slayer, Barbarian, and maybe Alchemist and such sound like good classes to start with?
>>
>>49540839
You can set up fights with longer durations in mind, but you'll need to customize the creatures rather than just nabbing them from the Beastiaries. There's a lot of ways to handle encounters with creatures bigger than the usual colossal sized ones. Treat individual limbs as having their own HP, AC, and actions or turns while you're running around below or on the critter's back. Can even do sequences from scene to scene as different encounters, though I think I'm drawing this more from Shadow of the Colossus rather than MH.
>>
>>49540839
I think it's possible to make monster hunter monsters and have them feel monster huntery. The issue to me is much more focused on thr player end.
Take weapons for example, in monster hunter you could practically say they're a focus of the game. In d20 systems they're not impactful things, they're some dice that change slightly and maybe you've got reach. In monster hunter each weapon type is an entire class to itself. Weapons have upgrades and side grades and strategies and synergies. Same deal with armor. None of that shit translates to a pf weapon because its all abstracted too much there. A +1 great sword is technically the equivalent of upgrading in my but it lacks any of the games impact
>>
I want to play an Unarmed character with some fire spells, what's the best course of action? An Unarmed Warpriest or Sacred Fist seemed like a good idea until I noticed they get Blessings instead of Domains, which meant I'd never be getting Burning Hands or Fireball unless I dipped elsewhere.

Maybe I'll just go back to making a Fire/Feather Cleric who shoots arrows/fire while riding a Roc...
>>
>>49540853
1d6+1 damage at level 4, 1d6+2 at level 8, etc. It's a fairly shitty ability.
>>
>>49540918
Third party material allowed? If so look no further than a Mystic with the Aurora Soul archetype.
>>
>>49540918
If you're stuck on spells, I'd suggest a dip of Monk into Magus with one of the unarmored archetypes, but if you want fire punches with some other fire effects easily available, you may wanna take a look at the Kineticist with the Elemental Ascetic for Flurry of Blows+fire effects and Wis to AC.
>>
>>49535974
Half orc Scarred Witch Doctor Witch.
Human Mutagenic Mauler Brawler.
Tiefling Sword Saint Samurai.
Human Ranger/Inquisitor .

It has been....a wild ride, to say the least.
>>
>>49540853
It's 1d6 + (1/4th level) damage.

>>49540495
Nobody knew how that shit worked.

I'll sit down and see what I can bullshit out later, but that might be a start. Don't really feel keen on making it eat too many swift actions though. Giving it an arcane pool-alike seems like it would work, just gotta figure out the details.
>>
>>49535974
Hey pfg.

Looking for advice.

Human druid 7. Leveling up a low level character to make a guest appearance in a game i havent been in since l3 (moved away).

He has very high str, high con, and wis high enough to cast all his spells and that's it. Also heavy armor proficiency and the gm-granted loot of permanent ironwood plate.

No 3pp, and not summon dependent.

What general suggestions do you have for me , guys?
>>
>>49541459
Reincarnated Druid. If your character is only going to be there as a guest for one session, humorously play up the fact that you can die and come back later in a different body.
>>
>>49541779
Ah, right.

Forgot one other thing, that removes the usefulness of that.

Resurrection methods, thus far, don't work anymore, on the island were trapped on. Likewise, no method of contacting the dead works. That's one of the plot threads the party is trying to unravel.

Neat idea though.

Any others?
>>
>>49540853
Their idea wasn't just Worse Eldritch Blast, they were aiming for Hand Crossbows You Don't Need To Reload
>>
>>49541865
How about a Goliath Druid with a T-Rex companion? If you already have a high strength, being able to cast Enlarge Person would be pretty handy. Not to mention casting it on your pet T-rex.

Your could go with the idea that your character was shipwrecked on the island a few decades ago. Since then you've gone full native and more than a little crazy.
>>
I am taking Ascetic Style, Ascetic Form, Ascetic Strike, Pummeling Style, Pummeling Charge and Crusader's Flurry with a Sacred Fist Warpriest.

My aim is to use an 18-20/x2 weapon (katana, scimitar, etc) with flurry of blows and monk unarmed damage and size-changing magic to deal 6 x 8d6 hits on a flurry of blows at the end of a charge.

My question now is if Ascetic Style lets me remove the need to take Crusader's Flurry. Also, I want to do all this with Blood Crow Strike so I can spam blade beams at people.
>>
>>49541983
Enlarge Person only works on humanoids.
>>
>>49542015
Just keep in mind that you need to be able to have two style feats active simultaneously, so you'll have to grab Weapon Style Mastery.
>>
>>49542035
Isn't there a clause on animal companion that says you can buff them with any spell you can use on yourself? I could have worn there was
>>
>>49541983
Hmm.

Is there much of an advantage to giant shape?

I assume that's the real bonus. Though enlarges person is nice too, as is the spelled out ability to use it on any animal companion.

Does my gear (armor and weapons) go up in size with me when i giant shape?
>>
>>49542035
>>49542083
From the Share Spells ability: "A druid may cast spells on her animal companion even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the companion's type (animal)."

And because people are retarded it's also restated in the Goliath Druid archetype: "If she has a dinosaur or megafauna animal companion, she can target it with enlarge person even though the companion isn't of the humanoid type."
>>
>>49542147

>Is there much of an advantage to giant shape?
Some of the forms are really good, and can give you nice stuff like regeneration.

>Does my gear (armor and weapons) go up in size with me when i giant shape?
It's a polymorph effect so yes they do.
>>
What is the best familiar?
>>
>>49542147
It gives you a +4 strength bonus, increased weapon damage dice, increased reach (with an actual reach weapon you'll have 15 foot reach for your attacks). Plus you get Rock Throwing. Motherfucking. Rock. Throwing.

Basically turning into a giant that way is a bit better than casting Enlarge Person on yourself and it lasts for quite a bit longer as well.
>>
I heard /pfg/ is well-versed in Path of War. What're some good classes to gestalt with Gunsmoke Mystic? I was thinking about the Warpriest but the initially-appealing Swift Action Fervor clashes hard with PoW's Swift Action Everything.
>>
>>49542242
Depends on what you're trying to do but a greensting scorpion is never a bad choice.
>>
>>49542242
An Instructor Wizard's Apprentice.
>>
>>49542261
>>49542275
Let's just say you take Improved Familiar for holding spells granted to with Familiar Spell and Wands.
>>
>>49542242
A magic rock that you enchanted to get a free spontaneous spell from anything you know every day.
>>
>>49542071
I see. If I removed the Pummelling angle, could I get away with just Ascetic Style/Form/Strike? And since Ascetic Style/Form explicitly let you use a certain weapon as an unarmed strike, would it benefit from the increased unarmed strike damage monks have? Warpriests get that class feature "as monks".
>>
Question: What are the best personal ranged buff spells for a fighter? Person ranged powers from the Psion's list?
>>
>>49542242
I like the Faerie Dragon, especially if you aren't a spellcaster.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/trollblood-elixir
In an unrelated note, Trollblood Elixir allows you to reattach limbs alright. Would it be possible to steal a monster arm and attach it as your own as long as you attach within the specified time? I can really see an alchemist type do this.
>>
>>49542467
Let's instead say 'effects', to help you:

Haste (if you can't understand why haste, Dora has a big adventure for you today)

Flight (fuck terrain, fuck pits, and fuck not reaching enemies. you like reaching enemies? Flight. it lets you choose what's for dinner)

Immunities (death ward is a huge one at endgame, and "anything we'll face" a strong second. Like fire when you're about to go kill living volcanoes or something)

and then the usual numerical buffs because no one says no to another +2 to hit or +5 to AC or +3 to damage or whatnot.
>>
Okay, I'm gonna be playing Strange Aeons soon, and my DM will only allow 1pp. I'm going for a flavorful kind of character but don't want to *totally* gimp myself. DM has made it clear that he wants to ramp up the sense of risk in this game such that our party will be required to work together to succeed and won't reward lone wolf-ing. He slapped us with 15 point buy, so stats are tight.

I'm making a Paladin with Warrior of the Holy Light and Oath Against Corruption archetypes, because aberrations. I'm giving up my spells in favor of a (psuedo) permanent in-battle buff aura. With the restrictions on stats, I rolled Aasimar with an alternate racial trait for stat bonuses and got Str 17, Con 15, Cha 16, with 10 in everything else.

I'm thinking I'm going to dip 4 levels into Lore Oracle for the revelations that let me use Charisma for knowledge and reflex checks, all knowledge skills as class skills, and a handful of utility spells, like Light, Mending and a couple of ranged attacks, since I'll be pretty slow if I wear medium/heavy armor.

Does this sound like a good idea? 4 levels will get me two mystery spells, two revelations, level 2 spell slots and some extra skill ranks, since Paladin is lacking there and I have no Int modifier for extra ranks. I'm not really missing out on much at higher levels via my archetypes. Basically my buff range would double and go from +1 to +2, which is negligible, and I'd be able to banish aberrations with smite evil if they pass an extremely low check score. Overall it should balance out to a versatile character with spontaneous casting and a big honking sword that's hard to kill. Am I overlooking any major drawbacks?
>>
>>49542599
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/monstrous-graft-ex
>>
>>49542599
>non-spellcasters having Improved familiars

?
>>
>>49542631
>DM has made it clear that he wants to ramp up the sense of risk in this game such that our party will be required to work together to succeed and won't reward lone wolf-ing. He slapped us with 15 point buy, so stats are tight.
Man, your GM sounds like he wants to jerk you around.
>>
>>49542672
VMC, Eldritch heritage, etc.
>>
>>49542672
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/eldritch-guardian-fighter-archetype
Fighter with a Familiar, Extremely fun with the Mauler Familiar archetype. There is also a couple of feats from Familiar Folio that allow any character to grab a familiar.
>>
>>49542656
> For each limb the alchemist replaces in this manner, he takes a –2 penalty to Wisdom as he loses his sense of self. Derros are immune to this penalty.

The fuck is this horseshit?
>>
File: hackerman.jpg (112KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.jpg
112KB, 500x500px
How do I hackerman in Pathfinder
>>
>>49542754
Hackerman?
>>
>>49542754
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/technomancer
Technomancer? Admitted you basically will have to hope DM works with you.
>>
File: megu.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
megu.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Ok I need help with a build 1pp only, starting level 4

The core concept is: fake failed wizard.

Its magic device skill based, so probably going half elf for skill focus and get a fireball wand. It doesn't matter if it fails a few activations.
I have no other requirements.
I would want to go something like megumin but I dont want to go full weaboo. Any good idea for class or concepts? I was thinking rouge or vigilante.
>>
>>49542754
Wizard
>>
>>49542793
> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/paizo---rogue-archetypes/counterfeit-mage
Sounds like this Rogue Archetype was made for you.
>>
>>49542316
Yes, although I don't see quite why since Warpriests already get the scaling damage dice for selected weapons.
>>
>>49542752
It was from Inner Sea Monster Codex, so it wasn't strictly intended for players to use.
>>
>>49542824
Holy crap it is perfect.
>>
>>49542793
If you're wanting Skill Focus you might as well be Human; you can trade your bonus feat for THREE Skill Focuses (at 1st, 8th, and 16th) which makes it great for Eldritch Heritage too.

Counterfeit Mage archetype for the Rogue works extremely well, while an Eldritch Guardian + Mutation Warrior does alright if you want full-BAB and a good Fortitude save instead. If you go for Counterfeit Mage, remember to stay hidden or flanking to get your sneak attack! It still works on spells, even the weirder ones that you wouldn't think it would like Fireball or Ghoul Touch.
>>
>>49542900
Don't start that horseshit again.
>>
>>49542754
>he's wearing a power glove
>>
>>49542842
Although the imagery of making a Feral Beastmorph Chimera alchemist with insect wings, four arms and pumped up on mutagens as a slavering hulk, basically falling to a Charm Person or Magic Jar is vaguely hilarious.
Hmm, something for an Evil character to do to a cohort. Craft the body to use Greater Possession on once its will is low enough.
>>
>>49540029
bumping this request, much appreciated if anyone can help
>>
>>49542942
It's funny. To this day I still slightly resent my parents for refusing to buy me a power glove when I was a kid.
>>
Brewing some monsters, anyone know why bestiary monsters don't have move action special attacks? I can't find one example of a monster that has a genuine attack as a move action
>>
>>49542780
>hasn't seen kung fury

>>49542942
>also hasn't seen kung fury
>questions very obvious joke

Y'all niggas need some Kung Fury.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
>>
>>49542948
It's pretty easy to fix though, just take Racial Heritage (Derro) and bam, as many replaced limbs as you can stand to have. Take Vestigial Arms and be a Metamorph and you can amputate even more limbs than you normally could as a human for hours/level!
>>
>>49543157
I just wish it lived up to the trailer.
>>
>>49543198

Kung Fury wasn't a disappointment compared to the trailer, Iron Sky was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAfoiN5SDw
>>
>>49543151
Because everyone can get two move actions normally, which can make spamming special moves really strong.

Also technically some monsters can, if they have Greater Grapple and Constrict.
>>
>>49543198
I never saw the trailer, just went into it blind. It was damn enjoyable that way and I still like it.
>>
For the folks that wanted mundane weapon mods

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EVcliDo1C7rMEQ_m8tkOS8QqVeaKd2hHy0EIrR5gph0/edit

Here you go. I need ideas for modifications.
>>
>>49543232
>I need ideas for modifications.

Leaf-shaped blades?
>>
>>49543247
What sort of benefit/drawback would it have, however?
>>
>>49543215
I mean I get that but say for example, you had a creature with a bite and 2 claws and a move action aoe claw where the claw is weaker than the bite. This lets it either bite single target 2 claw or bite aoe claw or 2 aoe claw. That seems perfectly reasonable to me and I can't find anything using an ability even remotely similar
>>
>>49542994
I lived enough in the boonies that I'd never even seen or heard of it, and yet my parents bought me one.

It was okay for some games, not all that bad when you got used to it for several, but really a waste for RPGs. It would've been great for something like star fox, but that's a generation later.
>>
File: 1377546797342.jpg (12KB, 251x206px) Image search: [Google]
1377546797342.jpg
12KB, 251x206px
>>49543264

+1/2 str modifier to damage, but can only be applied to one-handed weapons.
>>
>>49543289

one-handed *slashing*, forgot to add that, or if it's applied to a weapon with P or S it can only do S.
>>
>>49543289

I would say only applying that to one-handed swords would be more appropriate, but I'll take it.
>>
>>49542600
Psions get none of those things you dolt
>>
>>49543270
That's called Whirlwind Attack.
>>
>>49542673
Not really. When our group got together, we tried an adventure path out of the gate, but because we had a few new players we were a little unfamiliar with game mechanics and some people thought the whole story was about *them* specifically, so we jumped over to the Emerald Spire as more or less a sandbox campaign. He let us roll up whatever we wanted and roll for stats, and we all ended up ridiculously powerful. One of our members ended up with a 20, two 18's two 16's (one of which he bumped to 18 with stat bonuses) and a 15. It's been rather broken, but we've gotten used to the game play.

The downside is, because people are so powerful, some like to break off and do their own thing because fuck the party, right? We also just sat down and made characters on our own, so we ended up with two rogues, a cleric who built specifically to heal/buff with no real damage output, a witch and a monk. There's also been tons of multi-class dipping for prestige classes so now we have one rogue who's somehow transformed into an Eldritch Knight from a Deadly Courtesan rogue (cuz, ya know, prostitutes just sort of turn into spell knights), another who went out of his way to become a Shadowdancer, the cleric went for Mystic Theurge and wound up being really wimpy because he can't wear armor for his arcane spells that do damage (or rather, doesn't want to risk it), and the witch just likes to fly and put stuff to sleep.

Strange Aeons is a horror campaign, so limiting our abilities to encourage us to work together means that we're already discussing party roles and what we want to make and how we'll function as a team. He's given me very clear reasons for restricting our power, and it's good for our specific group. Some of us need encouraging to work together and not be an evil dick, and if limiting your potential power does that, then good. I'm just trying to be as effective as possible in those confines while still being a flavorful character.
>>
>>49543319
Now you're just being saucy. I know you can tell the difference between that example and whirlwind attack.

On a similar note I can't find the sort of wording required to give a monster a secondary attack that is a special attack. For example, a web attack that can be it's own action or part of a full attack action
>>
>>49543157
My girlfriend loves that! I was wondering where it was from!
>>
File: shadow puppet.png (199KB, 851x477px) Image search: [Google]
shadow puppet.png
199KB, 851x477px
So let's say I want to do shadow stuff, but don't want to be a Wizard.

Wat do, /pfg/?
>>
File: e1532fcb62f748421d297eacabaad4cd.jpg (516KB, 1231x675px) Image search: [Google]
e1532fcb62f748421d297eacabaad4cd.jpg
516KB, 1231x675px
>>49543393
It's a fun movie.

Now, I just need to go figure out how to jigger nazis into my campaign.
>>
>>49543420
Shadowdancer?
>>
File: Dark_stalker.jpg (70KB, 574x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_stalker.jpg
70KB, 574x1000px
>>49543420
Read Blood of Shadows.
>>
File: 1449873769564.gif (499KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
1449873769564.gif
499KB, 500x289px
Half-dwarves have been added to Bloodforge Infusions, and all of the latest wording updates have been applied.
>>
>>49543455
>>49543497
I was mostly trying to imply shadow-based summons/flanking buddies with that pic, but I'll give those a read.
>>
>>49542015
Why not just make a custom weapon with the 18-20/x2 and monk property?
>>
>>49543363
"As a move action"?
>>
>>49543511
Half-dwarves? What's their other half?
>>
>>49543519
Are you aware that's not something you have open license to just hurl at a DM and say 'I'm using this, deal with it'?
>>
>>49543571
Gold.
>>
>>49542257
Going for damage? I'd imagine a augmented blade soulknife would be good.
For overall power? Probably cleric or druid
>>
>>49543582
I lose track of whether or not that's just part of the system.

It probably wouldn't hurt to ask though, instead of being salty.
>>
>>49543571
Pure, unadulterated swag.

Humans.
>>
Hey /pfg/ mind looking over a character I started like a month ago? He's just kind of bog standard dex hexcrafter magus, focusing on shocking grasp.
I've got no idea where I was in the creation progress but I think pretty damn close to done, just that I was thinking "less charismatic more creepy stalker magic zorro" when I made him, so tell me if I've fucked up with the character crafting already and it'll be easy enough to make changes.
>>
>>49543316
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/p/physical-acceleration

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/f/flight

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/s/sustained-flight

Yeah they get none of those, and they in no way can use network shenanigans to make those work on other people either.
>>
File: 1473490829514.png (986KB, 1006x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1473490829514.png
986KB, 1006x1258px
Hey there, /pfg/

Can I get some more input and criticisms for my homebrew class? I'd gladly appreciate it.

Its an offense/support class based loosely on the Tactician and the Vitalist with a flavor of warlock.

His main draw is his ability to deal damage , debuff and deliver support buffs all in one turn.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit
>>
How does one Lu Bu in Pathfinder, assuming 3pp is allowed?
>>
>>49543693
PoW Bushi or Husar Warlord
>>
>>49543693
Damnit anon, you're breaking the rule that I know you've been told.

Do not pursue Lu Bu.

I regret nothing.
>>
>>49543711
Gareth, can I interrupt your shitposting and ask for your opinion regarding my homebrew?
>>49543666
>>
File: Smug PsyArm.png (94KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
Smug PsyArm.png
94KB, 300x297px
>>49543728
>Cha-based homebrew
>asking Gareth's opinion for it

Nigga, he will rip it to shreds.
>>
>>49543644
>>49543644
Oh, this is just with no 3PP by the way, and the most important question:
Should I make the characters name longer, and by how much.
>>
File: 1456935701302.jpg (39KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1456935701302.jpg
39KB, 472x472px
>>49543711

Frick you Gareth you're not my mom, I can pursue Lu Bu all I hecking want!
>>
>>49543764
Just wait till Cao Cao gets his hands on both of you
>>
>>49543619
But I want a half-dwarf half-elf.
>>
File: crashtestdummy_1293127881.jpg (29KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
crashtestdummy_1293127881.jpg
29KB, 500x315px
Our CN cleric wants to animate some skeletons, put padding on them, then paint them like crash test dummies and use them to find traps.
>>
>>49543759
>Guy Don Diego Williams Alessandro de la Vega
>should you make it longer

Friend, you better get that up to fifteen words before you call it long.
>>
>>49543843
That's pretty much what I was thinking.
Thanks.
>>
>>49543843
>>49543866
Khaleesi pls
>>
>>49543693
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%BC_Bu

>Although Lü Bu is described in historical and fictional sources as an exceptionally mighty warrior, he was also notorious for his temperamental behaviour. He switched allegiances erratically and freely betrayed his allies, and was noted for his poor planning and management skills. He was always suspicious of others and could not control his subordinates. All these factors ultimately led to his downfall.

>No descriptions of Lü Bu's physical appearance exist in historical records. However, it was mentioned that he specialised in archery and horse-riding, and possessed great physical strength. He was nicknamed "Flying General" (飛將) for his martial prowess. He also owned a powerful steed known as the "Red Hare" (赤兎).

Hussar (Warlord) or Bannerman (Warlord).
>>
>>49543838
I use animate object to animate actual dummies. Then make your own clothing store and have them scare the shit out of people.
>>
>>49543872

Excuse me, it's "Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Mhysa, Breaker of Chains, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons."
>>
>>49543941

>animate object

isn't that rounds/level?
>>
File: melvin-quito-beryl-tandem.jpg (363KB, 1920x1258px) Image search: [Google]
melvin-quito-beryl-tandem.jpg
363KB, 1920x1258px
>>49543666
>someone post my edit of pic related

Thanks, I guess...?
>>
>>49543644
THEY MADE A CLASS LITERALLY FOR ZORROS YOU DUMB FUCK JUST PLAY A FUCKING VIGILANTE THAT ARCANE MARK JOKE WAS NEVER FUNNY
>>
File: 1451354685741.jpg (57KB, 317x800px) Image search: [Google]
1451354685741.jpg
57KB, 317x800px
>tfw no game
>tfw no game looking for players
>tfw no game looking for players and seems compelling
>tfw no game looking for players and is compelling with good character creation

There is literally nothing good on Roll20, what the fuck.
>>
File: 81355.jpg (23KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
81355.jpg
23KB, 400x247px
If I wanted to multiclass Ecclesitheurge with Sacred Fist, how far should I go in each?
>>
>>49543880
Really, the thing to remember is he was THAT GUY. Kept betraying his party, whoever the party was.
>>
>>49543952
uh, yeah. listen. we're just gonna call you bob.
alright, bob?
>>
>>49544256

That's the secret, anon.

I like playing That Guy.
>>
>>49535974
NG female Half-Orc Life Oracle [Dual-Cursed: Legalistic+Merciful]
CG female Shoanti Fighter [will probably take a few lvs in Barbarian and prestige Chevalier]
CG male Varisian Unchained Summoner [Protean, Mounted combat build with lance]
CN male Goblin Vexing Dodger Rogue
CG male Gnome Bard [focusing on Illusion]
N male Sloth Wizard [School Familiar]

I'm the GM, running Rise of the Runelords, we're only a few sessions in.
>>
>>49535974
Getting ready to start Iron Gods in a few weeks. How necessary is the Technology feat, and by what level do you recommend the party has it? Is it enough to have the rogue take it for trap disarm? My colleagues don't want to "waste" a feat on a "non-combat" option. At the same time I don't want my party to set off every fucking high tech trap in the books, either.

Advice? Thanks.
>>
>>49535974
We have a halfling life oracle, a tiefling (standard) trap breaker alchemist, a tiefling (oni-blooded) brutal slayer, and a lizardfolk primal disciple barbarian
>>
>>49544315
>Advice?
If its Espagnoll campaign drop it, there is a reason why that spot has been open for months now
>>
>>49544315
I'm actually running Iron Gods right now.
The answer to your first question is, no one needs the technology feat, what they need is a wand of technomancy. You will definitely want someone with disable device trained, but as long as they use e-picks, they'll be fine without any techno-feats.
>>
>>49544315
Depends really, You wouldn't be half bad to grab Numerian Scavenger Archetype. But we found it useful enough. Without it just stand ten feet back from opening doors.
>>
>>49544315
At the most, one person needs to have it. Otherwise just pick one of the traits that treats you as having Technology for certain shit.
>>
>>49544226
But I don't want to play a vigilante.
I want to play a magus, the whole "zorro" thing was just kind of an afterthought so I have more characterization than "guy who uses sword and magic" and I don't use arcane mark.
>>
>>49544350
No, it's IRL not online.

>>49544358
Thank you very much. How are you handling party crafting? Are you allowing your players to gain access to crafting technological items? Is it even feasible or useful with the costs and duplication of magic items?
>>
>>49544315
Yes, your trap finder will want the feat. You don't really need it during the first book, but by the time you get to the second one you'll probably ant it. Keep in mind it's good for a skill monkey, not only for traps but for all of the skill checks that it would let you apply your skills to. Also make damn sure to grab Knowledge (Engineering). You could easily be rolling that a dozen times every session.
>>
>>49544374
I don't let anyone craft magical items, but the party's scientist (read as: alchemist) might be able to in the future. As far as crafting rules, I mostly ignore them. I let them craft whatever they want between sessions as long as they have the gold and the appropriate spells/feats and spellcraft/craft scores.
>>
>>49544412
sorry, meant to say I don't let anyone craft TECHNOLOGICAL items.
>>
File: wit.jpg (70KB, 371x567px) Image search: [Google]
wit.jpg
70KB, 371x567px
>>49544365
If you need someone who is a witch and wields a sword, why not this?
>>
>>49544358
>>49544363
>>49544364
>>49544379
>>49544412

Thanks folks, appreciate the advice. Godspeed.
>>
>>49544438
>witch
nah.
Also, if I wanted to play someone half-naked or whatever the fuck she is, I'd play a barbarian or monk/and or read spawn if I wanted something whatever in th hell is going on in that series.
I'll admit that I watched a bit of the anime they made of it, though.
it wasn't super bad IMO/spoiler]
>>
>>49544240
Either suck it up and go with the looking for players + seems compelling, or fuck off and stop complaining.

You're the one looking, either lower your damn bar or stop looking.
>>
>>49543644
Anyone willing to say if my feat/trait/skill selection is decent?
I feel like it's not but I can't quite pin down Why.
>>
File: flaming-fist-psd-444734.png (263KB, 324x400px) Image search: [Google]
flaming-fist-psd-444734.png
263KB, 324x400px
>>49544255
Bump
>>
The new, shiney limited edition curse of the crimson throne is up, is that adventure path worth ordering the book?
>>
>>49544536
No
>>
>>49544536
Not sure yet, although the old 3.5 version of the Adventure Path is often considered one of the best cityscape-type campaigns. Hopefully the updated version will be worthwhile.
>>
>>49544573
Has anyone run it? I haven't played Pathfinder in a few years but I love a good adventure to glean.
>>
>>49544187
Easy fix. Permanency spell.
>>
WHY IS FEINTING NOT A COMBAT MANEUVER
>>
>>49544638
Because it's something anyone can try without training that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity?
>>
New thread:
>>49544731
>>49544731
>>49544731
>>49544731
>>49544731
>>
>>49543363
Look at monk with combat maneuvers.

>"A monk may substitutedisarm,sunder, andtripcombat maneuversfor unarmed attacks as part of a flurry of blows."
>web attack: blablabla rulestext. "A (monstername) may substitute any of its natural weapon attacks with this ability "
Alternately.
>web attack: blablabla rulestext. " this ability counts as a natural weapon for the purposes of being incorporated into part of a full attack action."
Depending on what exactly you're trying to accomplish.
>>
>>49535974

'Bayou Bounties', River Kingdoms
>LG M Half-Elf Rogue/Knight Disciple Paladin
>N Ironborn Zweihander Sentinel
>LN M Thri-Kreen Psychic Warrior
>N F Samsaran Gravewalker Witch
>N F Ratfolk Shaman

'The Endless' Homebrew Setting
>CN M Half-Orc Brutal Slayer Stalker with 5 INT
>LG M Human Gunsmoke Mystic
>LN M Tengu Cleric
>CG M Skinwalker Barbarian wielding a golf club
>CG F Half-Elf Summoner

'Death for Any Price' (Norgorber's lemmings/we shadowrun now)
>NG! Lesser Daemon Sanctified Slayer/Reaper of Secrets Inquisitor of Norgorber (It's a long story, ok.)
>LE M Human Conjuration Wizard/Diabolist
>NE M Human Razmiran Priest Sorceror
>NE M Strix Rogue
>CN M Dwarf Barbarian
>NE M Half-Elf Ranger

+2 other 5e campaigns
This is ok.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.