[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 34

File: New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg (4MB, 1801x5825px) Image search: [Google]
New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg
4MB, 1801x5825px
Remember when I said I wouldn't make another thread? I fucking lied.

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread: >>49463168

Writefagging last time: Fucking none

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc
>>
File: New flake sheet part 2 JOKE.png (2MB, 1801x1665px) Image search: [Google]
New flake sheet part 2 JOKE.png
2MB, 1801x1665px
>>49498959
>>
Yay!
>>
SO ANONS, HOW WAS YOUR FLAKE'S FIRST VISIT TO KALADESH (How'd your pre-release go)

>Venn dabbles in Black Mana over Red.
>Meets up with Ghonti.
>Learns to artifice with a Master Trinketeer
>Sneaks off to a Conceled Courtyard to evade the Consols.
>Takes the Noxious Gearhulk for a ride.

...I may just write this.
>>
File: Vanguard MA.jpg (162KB, 356x509px) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard MA.jpg
162KB, 356x509px
>During each round, flakes will be assigned to random opponents in single-elimination tournament fashion.
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.
>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
>Flakes that directly contradict lore, especially by going against or interacting inappropriately with canon characters, will be disqualified.
>Flakes that are joke or troll flakes will be disqualified. The use of silver-bordered cards in a flake’s preferred spell list automatically disqualifies them.

>During the first round, all flakes will be placed into the roster randomly. Flakes that are disqualified will give their random opponents a bye for the round.
>During the first round, flakes will be revealed in smaller groups, noting disqualifications and asking the thread if they wish to disqualify anyone else.

>During each round, small groups of flake match-ups will be revealed
>Arguments will take place in the thread and votes will be taken from the polls over which flake is likely to prevail over the other.
>After each round, the flakes that move on will be re-randomized on the roster to make match-ups unpredictable.

>Match-Up rules will treat both competing flakes in a match as though they are both forced into conflict with the other, and neither is allowed to planeswalk away until a winner is determined. Flakes will be treated as though they start with zero assisting summons and will not have prepared for this encounter.

>>49486774
>>49492397

Wrapping up Round Three tonight, folks. Madness ensues in Round Four.
>>
>>49499632
> Nico dabbles in r/g
> gets to run multiple trains
> meets the u/g chick that no one else gets to play
> never met Chandra the whole time
> only wins half of his matches because no good w/b spells
> still gets prizes
> left with the biggest mythic train as a prize
> not great, but had fun
>>
>>49499632
>Iosha arrives on Kaladesh, looking forward to borrowing stealing some nice new artifacts
>befriends a bunch of dwarves
>most of her first few adventures are bad breaks, usually end in her running from the Consulate
>she gets herself aboard the Skysovereign
>starts raining fire upon her enemies, cackling while shooting whales from the
>>
>>49499632
>Remes immediately starts planning on how to steal as many projects as possible.
>Cala is swept up in how cool everything is. Chaos will ensue later.
>Jakrol is drinking.
>Winifred is having fun.
>Wyston is concerned about aetherborn.
>>
>>49499632
>Yao Shen meets up with Chandra and her mom
>they go around burning shit on top of a huge train
>leading a huge stampede of beasts
>this one fucker on the train keeps attaching swords to all the tigers
>>
>>49499632

>Dyna gets hopped up on energy and goes on a rampage, partying hard enough the Sky Sovereign crashes and burns when it comes to stop her

...Yeah, that actually sounds pretty accurate.
>>
>>49499632
>Hondick decides to go U/G
>Offended by the vehicles (didn't get any)
>Makes friends with the UG girl
>Sees the RW dwarf but doesn't hang around with her
>crashes and burns in most matches
>Goes off to sleep instead of continued participation.
>>
File: Fumigate.jpg (114KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Fumigate.jpg
114KB, 223x311px
>>49499632
An automaton clanked into an outlying guardpost, just beyond Ghirapur's walls, carrying a tightly bound prisoner. It dropped its parcel on þe ground in front of a guard who sneered down at a bedraggled man in an unusual mix of piecemeal armour and rags. He appeared to be covered in a white dust drenched in a distinct and almost suffocating odour. 'Pesticide?' He wondered. Regardless, it's a suspicious, to say þe least, figure skulking around just outside city limits: he had to be up to some sort of no good, and, as a guard, it was his job to figure out what his scheme was. He did his best to ignore þe chemical smell and cleared his þroat to begin his interrogation, before being interrupted, "I don't know what you're using to clean out your gremlins, but you should try someþing a little more potent."

I can't imagine Skyre travelling for pleasure much outside of looking for a way to get killed and stay killed. My promo is going in my deck I based him off of, however.
>>
>>49499632
Here's a dare for people that regularly draft on Friday nights:

Pick a flake, get in their head, and try to draft and play like they would.
>>
20 Minutes left to vote before this Round ends.
>>
>>49500842
Who's the wise-ass who voted to cause a tie in the three-way. At the last possible moment?
>>
>>49501052
Me, I should've checked first since I actually didn't care too much and picked one at random. I've just been told if anyone votes in one, he should vote in all. Discredit my vote.
>>
>>49501076
noooooo
>>
>>49501076
Can't just take your word for it, amigo. We've gotta throw down the hard way, now.

>>49499680
>>49500842
Welcome to sudden death between Starke and Anna as the finale for Round Three. The polls go up immediately and end at the normal midday time. Round Four starts in about 24 hours.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11297610
>>
>>49501098
>a final showdown between two of my flakes.
>>
>>49501130
Then you tell us. Who would win?
>>
>>49501130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g3hLXcQp3A
>>
are we dead yet?
>>
>>49499632
>Murdock gets hired for taking down other participants in the fair
>ends up devising a plan involving a whole lot of vehicles
>it backfires- kinda. Nothing goes as planned but vehicle ramming is still successful.
>ends up crashing a train in the skyship's sovereign and being faced with both Kambal and Baan Both of whom i got in the prize packs
>gets away by looting a Mastercrafted Cataclysmic Gearhulk and getting away on his backs
Being the only one to unbox a mastercrafted creation was rewarding even though it is the one I need the least.
>>
Anyone got any MtG novels or know where to torrent them? I've found very few, mostly on TPB, and none of the ones that actually interest me.
>>
>>49503759
Never mind, PDF share thread recommended Libgen, and one of the direct link/mirror sites works like a wonder.
>>
>>49498959
The last magic story was pretty nice.
Isn't there any discussion left from them? I only find those snoflake threads nowadays.
>>
>>49504200
We talked about it a bit last thread. Therewas also a lore thread up for it a few days ago. YYou're welcome to talk about it here if you like.
>>
>>49499632

I think Izari would be fascinated by the Aetherborn, and the Aether in general. Not only that, the tech would be quite new for her since the most advanced place she travelled was Ravinica.

>>49503419

Someone at my LGS got a Light and Shadow AND a Chandra.
>>
>>49504200
So at this point the aetherborn are heavily hinted to be elementals or elemental-like beings, and it's actually Lili who is spilling spaghetti for Jace instead of the other way around as we all expected.
>>
>>49503419
Masterpiece. And still a $40~ card. Well done.
>>
>>49504961
Yeah it is just a shame that white is as far from my usual playtstyle as I am from putting any effort in competitive deckbuilding. I was basically there hoping for the odd Sol Ring and nothing else.
>>49504337
Given that I pulled Baan and Gearhulk, can me and this guy swap one of our picks and put the things back into some sort of karmic balance?
>>
>>49501098
The following Flakes move on to the next Round:

>Andromeda
>Amund
>Cala
>Anna

Round Four begins in about twelve hours. See you all then.
>>
>>49506638
I cannot contain my excrement
>>
>>49507449
You should go see a doctor.
>>
>>49507473
Why? He's not going to contain it for him.
>>
>>49504706
That was Nissa trying to understand them. Aetherborn are basically living beings created from the refinement of aether. They'd be elementals if they were made of aether, but they're not really.
It's kind of like they're made of the concept of used energy than anything tangible to be made out of.
>>
>>49507514
I suppose you missed the bit where the PoV aetherborn detected Nissa's elemental summoning magic, but knew it wasn't meant for him (it was meant for the elemental being summoned).
>>
>>49507534
She didn't summon a metal so much as manipulate his potted plant.
But of course he felt it. Aetherborn are part of the aether cycle, and Nissa, a nature mage basically pinged and drew from the natural aether, which they're a part of.

Throw in the fact that she basically "asks" for help instead of commands and the Aetherborn sense energy and especially aether and it would have been surprising for him not to feel it.
>>
>>49507603
>*didn't summon an elemental
I have no idea what happened there
>>
>>49507633
You're typing from your shitty phone, vronak, that's what.
>>
>>49507534
Speaking of: What are the chances that Yahenni's getting a card in aether revolt? Do we have precedence of someone staring in a story then getting a card next set, or do they typically have to be some same set kind of thing?
>>
>>49499632
>Meet Chandra and talk about how cool burning things is.
>Fall out when Chandra talks shit about the consulate and Serena asks who would build the roads.
>Use a massive gearhulk to obliterate rebels while hanging with some cool 4 armed angel.
>End up getting beat up by a hitler elf

My pulls were dumb but Nissa just fucked me in the finals.
>>
File: c18c93c6f932f3e2d1caee8d65af67f8.jpg (120KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
c18c93c6f932f3e2d1caee8d65af67f8.jpg
120KB, 800x1067px
>>49499632
>Tereza is disturbed at the lack of spirits all over the place, probably stumbles around exasperated until she is lost in some dismal back alley.
>Proceeds to geist snatch the fuck out of a poor Aetherborn mugger.
>Leaves the silly artificers to their toys.

Is there even any necromancy on Kaladesh?
>>
File: 1454450051407.jpg (41KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1454450051407.jpg
41KB, 368x368px
Seems to me that, like most rebel movements, Kaladeshi renegades are fucking idiots. Instead of investigating and going after the corrupt Consulate officials that they proclaim to hate so much, they paint advertisements for their movement on perfectly nice walls and perform generic arson.

Even if they succeed in their eventual goal of ridding the government of corruption (and lets be honest here, they will, because lol Gatewatch) they are likely to bring down all of the government in doing so, not just the few bad bits in charge.

Or they would if the creative team had any balls. Instead we probably won't even see the consequences of their uprising.

This is why we can't nice things. And murder and repression free communism, but I repeat myself.
>>
>>49507534
it's an up-in-the-air sort of thing with named characters

we had characters named on OG Innistrad cards that starred in an UR story that didn't get a card, and we've had people with neither card quotes nor stories that got cards. I think MaRo said it's a crapshoot about whether or not story characters get cards or not.
>>
>>49507905
>Is there even any necromancy on Kaladesh?
Maybe like 1 or 2 necromancers in the entire plane. Natural mages are extremely rare and restricted, so any necromancers are probably killed on sight.
>>
>>49507962
Pretty much.

There were tons of characters in the Ravnica block that got legendary cards, but didn't appear in the books. In the same way, a lot of the named characters in the books didn't get cards.
>>
>>49508096
Pretty good lore establishment with the cards, but yeah...

>Print a set of 2 legendaries per 10 Guilds.
>20 legendaries for the whole block.
>Use them to establish the guildmaster and the guild's champion.
>About half of the champions never appear in the story.

Fast-forward to RtR:
>Lots of the old characters from the story are just missing or shunted out of the way.
>Replaced champions with mazerunners this time.
>Some guildmasters have still never gotten any spotlight, and some mazerunners are more or less overlooked in story.
>>
>>49499632
I, the mighty DIOMEDES, would fight anyone who looked like a challenge!

Rynn would study the shit out of the place, and Domoyl would get mad money hunting down the rebel leadership.
>>
>>49499632
Haathe is horrified, Bluefingers' demon sees a new playground, Praea accidentally invents the slot machine but it won't stop landing on jackpots for her. Rezana tries to find out what the local music is like.
>>
>>49507664
>I'm Vronak for pointing out that no, aetherborn are not elementals.
Are you stupid?
>>
>>49508211
RIP in peace Malek.
>>
>>49508728
>melek.
>>
>>49507949
If the consulate is that easy to have corrupt individuals in it, as well as being utterly repressive enough for rebels in general, why do you think it's better left standing?

Additionally, how do you know they aren't going to try and replace the government with a more mundane or fair one instead of the "We decide what you do and how you do it." type of absolute authority the consulate seems to have?
I know this site is strangely anti-rebel/revolutionary lately, but it's starting to veer straight into "The empire did nothing wrong/the rebels did everything wrong/The death star was really an Imperial power factory filled with innocents" territory.

Though yeah, the spray painting is petty, but the early phase of all revolutions is leaving your logo everywhere to get the word out. Posters and spray paint is just the efficient way to do it.
>>
>>49508769
To me, what is bothersome is that they expect us to be in the rebels' part when the only hin hat seems to move them is "the consulate is not giving us enough aether, we deserve to have more". Says who? You? It is not even like the whole consultate is evil, people like Baan wil probably end up being prefectly fine.
But oh well, murrica being murrica, we have to make the communist government be bad and corrupted to the bone and the rebels who follow the american dream of seizing what they want with their own hands are the good guys.
>>
>>49508728
Literally only appeared long enough for Ral to go "PSYCHE" and insta-gib him and take his spot.
>>
>>49509199
Original cynical toon Link poster here. It's not that bad. The Consulate has undeniably corrupt oligarchs in power at the very top, the creative team aren't completely retarded. Just mostly. All of your other points I agree with.
>>
>>49509199
>"the consulate is not giving us enough aether, we deserve to have more"
I mean, the government is literally basically saying "Only the rich and their patrons deserve electricity. Go back to your candles peasants."
Then there was the cop in the last story, who basically couldn't go two sentences without threatening to shut down and arrest everyone at the party because Yaheeni complained that he was causing a scene.
Then there's the obvious "confiscate everything" situation that's about to ensue, and a reminder that they've been this bad since Chandra was a kid, minimum, and might have been getting worse.
Individuals may be fine, but the consulate is basically Azorius-tier obstructive on basically "Izzet, the plane" So that's why it has to go.

Besides, if 'Murrica freedom yeah' was the theme they were going for, we wouldn't have left Innistrad happily under the rule of the church of all things.
>>
>>49509202
Ral is a murderer and should be punished.
>>
>>49509332
I am all about some honest to Marx revolution, but this time it just feels... weak? I feel like they didn't explore the methods of the consulate, or even those of the rebels, at all other than painting them as corrupted and pretty childish, respectively. And we are just left to root for the faction that has Chandra's mom in it anf0d against the one that has Tezzeret, in the usual walker-centric wank. I mean, what do the rebels want to do? What are their plans once they get to seize power? Why is their boss named like a Decepticon?
Also we left Inninstrad doing everything but "happily", really.
>>49509288
I appreciate the wind waker reference. Keep linkposting
>>
>>49509785
And they locked up a dying aetherborn up for stealing some shit and they decided to keep the guy who killed a village to justify executing a little girl.
>>
>>49509785
>The decepticon thing again
I know we're on opposite sides of this debate, but I do want to say that I would laugh I don't know how hard if Pia suddenly goes full Megatron and Aether Revolt is a "Fall of Cybertron" tier civil war, complete with Return to Kaladesh being the two warring tribes laying waste to this once great shining place, fighting over the last few scrapes of energon aether.
It ends with the consulate, led by Dovin because he's all that's left of the authority, converting their skyship into an interplanar vessel and trying to leave, only to be followed by Pia and her gang of elite rebels. They both crash land on Murganda and we go Beast Wars.
>>
>>49509974
I just find it amusing she is called Renegade Prime, if it has sparked further discussions I was not aware of it.
>>
>>49510181
Oh it didn't, spark much discussion, the decepticon name thing is just funny, so I outlined the basic story of Fall of Cybertron with a reference to Miracle of Sound
>>
>>49510181
Autobots, Crew Out!
>>
>>49510490
Artifact creature getting s "spark" when?
>>
>>49509974
>they have to convert their bodies to inorganic materials to be able to travel.
>>
>>49510535
We already have that. He's a Silver Golem.
>>
>>49510535
When that one inventor finishes their experiments.
>>
>>49510419
Though To be fair the first thing i thought is that we are going to get Kaladesh Metroid soon. Hell, is Skythiryx Ridley?
>>
>>49510535
Technically, Tezzeret is an artifact creature just like the rest of the etherium lich lords.
>>
>>49510684
except he isn't?
The only lich we have on Esper is all metal now, Tezz still has plenty of his body even though he thinks the lich achieved perfection.
>>
>>49511912
Every single being with etherium is an artifact creature. So, yes. Tezzeret would be an artifact as well.
>>
>>49512130
This is stretching the meaning of "artifact creature" a little too far. You've generalized it way too much.

There are tons of people with augmentations on Mirrodin that don't count as artifact creatures. Most examples of beings that are artifact creatures who are etherium-made are more machine than person. Tezzeret has a pretty good amount of etherium on him compared to a lot of the peers that he grew up around, but it's only one limb. He is very much more person than machine at this point.
>>
>>49512281
And his abdomen I believe
>>
File: 16175.jpg (50KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
16175.jpg
50KB, 800x584px
>>49512281
It's not really a stretch. You compare Mirrodin but they're just people with a bit of metal growing out them. Etherium limbs are 100% artifact, to the point where a minotaur with etherium horns is an artifact creature.

Here's another example, Vectis agent pretty much just has an arm and a leg replaced and she's 100% artifact.

Etherium by itself doesn't make you partially artifact true, but Tezzeret has basically the equivalent of an artifact limb attached to him, plus whatever upgrades he got as the Agent of Bolas.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n8j4xv9bYn1r9lhsj.png (195KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n8j4xv9bYn1r9lhsj.png
195KB, 500x282px
>>49513015
>>49512281
>>49512344
Plus here's a picture of Tezzeret without his armor. There's no way he wouldn't be an artifact creature
>>
>>49513048
You wanna source that?
>>
File: EN_Tezzeret_Header.jpg (462KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
EN_Tezzeret_Header.jpg
462KB, 1920x1120px
>>49513098
Aside from the fact that's obviously his arm, and his beard? That's the from the vault exiled artwork for tinker.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/story/planeswalkers/tezzeret

WotC is nice enough to attach every card with flavor text that mentions Tezzeret, flavor text that quotes Tezzeret, or artwork that has Tezzeret in it. Since Tinker doesn't have Tezzeret flavor text but DOES appear on the page, that means that the art s probably Tezzeret.

If that's not enough for you, here's the background picture of that page, showing what's under Tezzeret's armor again.

If THAT's not enough for you, here's Tezzeret's Gambit, where Tezzeret doesn't even cover up the magical artifact void he calls a waist. http://magiccards.info/scans/en/mm2/63.jpg
>>
>>49513098
In fact, that page on Tezzeret has the picture from >>49513334 itself in the image gallery, so what else could it be if not an image of Tezzeret?
>>
>>49514234
Meant the picture from >>49513048
>>
>>49513334
>>49514234
>>49514248
Way to fly the fuck off the handle when given a simple question.
>>
>>49514272
Whenever someone asks for source, especially in a way like >>49513098 half the time the response is to assume your dealing with Vronak and to smash any hopes of a counter argument down as far as possible before he can even get started.

If you're not him, then sorry. If you are, then you had it coming and you know it.
>>
>>49514272
Plus the thread needed bumping anyway
>>
>>49514350
Don't just assume that anyone is Vronak. That's a terrible way to live.
>>
I just wanted to ask about the Kaladesh native snowflakes out right now.

I've had ideas for my first flake, but the new setting has provided me with good inspiration for something I think will be truly fun.

Hopefully can post it before night is over. Where do people go to for art?
>>
>>49514725
/tg/ art threads. Or boorus.

Note: Not all boorus are ideal.
>>
>>49514725
google
>>
File: Your Fate is Thrice Sealed.jpg (110KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
Your Fate is Thrice Sealed.jpg
110KB, 300x429px
WELCOME TO ROUND FOUR.

The entire Round will consist solely of THREE-FLAKE FREE-FOR-ALLS. Every Flake that has made it this far has endured multiple challenges to get here, but this will finally thin the herd down to the most powerful Flakes. One tenth of all Flakes will become one third.

LET US BEGIN!

The first match-ups for Round Four are as follows:

>Bavara VS Ussa VS Venn
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxMXBoWDBKUzhFQjg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTWVBMmQ0YUhkdTQ?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYXU5eG05bmtxR0k/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxZGlXeUhDYkFwdnM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdjdLZHZjbGtHYUU/view?usp=sharing

>Amund VS Nishal VS Anna
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRHNMbDBZLVVtSzg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxak41NUZTZjRmMkU?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNnVnU2NVOFFJVWM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNHFXVVFvQnpJX3M/view?usp=sharing

DISCUSS!
>>
>>49515349
Math, folks. One in three of one tenth of the Flakes will be here when this Round is over. Leaving us with only eight.

In short, Round Five will be the Quarterfinals.
>>
>>49515349
>That first match-up
The fuck is that?

>That second match-up
Now THAT's a crazy fight.
>>
>>49515349
>That second fight
cat climbs tree
tree cannot fight cat because cat is already in tree, nishal beats amund then loses to anna because he is stuck in tree
>>
>>49515349
Nothing to say about the second one, but just a quick note about the first one is that I've always thought of Ussa as having an advantage over Bavara. Don't think a free-for-all environment will change that.
>>
File: double-header-4865-medium.jpg (65KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
double-header-4865-medium.jpg
65KB, 277x401px
>>49515383
Ok guys, I know that Ice Age Anon doesn't actually read so we can all agree to make sure all of the votes are tied
right?
>>
>>49515537
Venn is fucked.

Literally.
>>
>>49515566
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

That being said, if Bavara and Ussa are focusing on each other, Venn can build up off to the side and take pot shots, before casting a sudden FIGHT TO THE DEATH and completely fuck up their boardstates.
>>
>>49515349
Would Amund start "REEEEEEEEEEE"ing at Nishal?
>>
>>49515547
Nice try, you son of a bitch.

Three-way ties will be handled by RNG. Two flakes that tie for the win will all have sudden death matches at the end of the Round.
>>
>>49515794
what if we make the sudden death tie?
>>
>>49515863
The same thing that happens whenever a normal tie occurs.

I flip a coin.
So, creating intentional ties just to hassle me is actually only really shooting yourselves in the foot, because it takes away your ability to determine the outcome. Ties should happen naturally because you vote for the flake that you think would win, rather than because you are a prat.
>>
>>49515582
>implying they won't fuck him unconscious then decide who wins afterwards.
Sorry Venn.
>>
Can Igan participate in the big battle?
>>
>>49514387
I'm Vronak and I'm the one who initially said that Tezzeret is an artifact creature. You need to calm your chubby tits with calling everyone me.
>>
At this point, we are all a little bit Vronak.
>>
File: 1423455879234.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423455879234.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
I'm reading through Zendikar: In the Teeth of Akoum right now.

>Zendikar is basically Australia, how did I not notice this before.
>Almost everyone there is an autistic asshole, seriously.
>Sorin still hasn't noticed the Mending happened, and keeps being surprised he isn't all powerful anymore.

It's a trainwreck of a book (unless all of that's on purpose), but - just like trainwrecks IRL - it makes you morbidly curious.
>>
File: image.png (637KB, 636x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
637KB, 636x542px
>>49517524
I'm in the hearts of each and every one of you.
> sheds a tear
>>
Is there any/some non-card lore literature?
Comics or books or stuff?
>>
>>49517833
Yes, lots. I have no idea if any of it is good.
>>
>>49515349
>BvUvV
haven't all three of these flakes had smut written about them?
no but for real, I imagine Ussa and Bavara would team up against Venn and then it comes down to who can stop the other from ramping into creatures fastest

>Nishal and Anna team up to take out Amund
I don't know who would win between Anna and Nishal but as usual my vote goes to the giant lion with an axe and a penchant for ramping himself over a tiny mage who can't remember where she's from, and thus probably a lot of what she learned.
>>
>>49517598
>where are my powers reeeeee fuckin normies get off of me
>>
>>49507668
No idea, but i'd like it, the pov was a pretty nice character.
>>
>>49517833
Search the Magic story section on the official site.
>>
File: Blessed Alliance.jpg (550KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Blessed Alliance.jpg
550KB, 1280x718px
What are the general powers of Werewolves, Vampires, and Geists in Innistrad?

I'm writing up an adventure with pre-made characters for a convention using the Mutants and Masterminds ruleset, and I want to make sure I get most powers nailed down right.

They're going to be protecting a town from Emrakul's pawns, raiding an overrun Church vault full of forbidden artifacts, then participating (doing the fucking grunt work) for the final attack on Emrakul herself.
>>
>>49518478
As far as I know, ghosts can will objects to move and fly. Werewolves are around 2x-4x stronger than humans, are very agile, and generally are tougher. While Vampires are different from one to the other. Some have wings, some don't, some can fly without wings, some are super fast, most are super strong. I'd say average of 3x that of a normal human. All get stronger just after feeding. And some go into a frenzy when in the presence of blood while some do not. And very few of them have the ability to compel another being.
>>
>>49518727
More accurately, vampiric abilities come from bloodlines.

The Markov line are masters of mental manipulation, the Voldaren are excellent shapeshifters, the Stromkirk weave illusions and blend in with the cattle and the Falkenrath are brazen predators that create magical methods of flight.
>>
>>49518881
Actually I believe the Markov line have also mastered shapeshifting, currently they've all learned how to look like a castle.
>>
File: 488.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
488.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>49518950
>>
>>49517601
It's just that Vronak is a meme and the actual one already left.
>>
How long do Kor naturally live? Nahiri does not appear to have aged like lilianna did after the mending, and I'm not sure she can do that hibernation thing now that she isn't immortal by default.
>>
>>49518185
Most of her spells are after her memory loss, going to other worlds and trying to regain them.
>>
Which flake is the most amnesiac and/or the most senile in your opinion? In other words, who has hadand lost the most number of life experiences?
>>
>>49517598
The whole story, I have heard from /tg/, is much different if you read it as "Sorin Markov Trolls Everyone."
>>
File: 1409605308594.gif (1MB, 256x269px) Image search: [Google]
1409605308594.gif
1MB, 256x269px
>>49519382
That he does, some of the time. Usually, he's all like "lol I can end you with a blink of my eye, know everything and am the boss, you are beneath me and I'm not telling you any of this, let's see howl long it takes for you to notice" after which he usually proceeds to barely avoid fucking everything up.
>>
>>49519382
Sorin's just that based.
>>
>>49515349
>The first match
Ussa could wreck Bavara, and Venn's dick doesn't stand a chance either.

>The second match
Hmmm....Not-Ajani vs Spell-slinging Treebeard vs generic UR amnesia caster. I think Anna has met her match and definitely won't win. But Nishal and Amund are an interesting fight. Either of their anons around to give insight? How stronk is not-Ajani and can he lumberjack down a sentient tree?
>>
Is it against flake rules to use archenemy cards in the preferred spell list?
>>
>>49519743
on his own it'd be a trial, but he MIGHT be able to do it. It all depends on how the three-for-all goes. If Anna focuses on the tree with Nishal, it's easy. If Nishal and Amund team up against her, it's a little harder but Amund is a bigger target and would be taking most of the damage. If they team up on him he'd be lucky to take Anna out of the fight first, but I imagine people would be more likely to team up AGAINST the tree than with it.

I figured the fight would probably go
>Anna and Nishal team up against Amund
>Amund goes down, Anna and Nishal duke it out. Nishal wins if he can get close enough to swing, Anna wins if she can keep him at a distance.

I'd like to think that Nishal could win it, entirely because he was a soldier on Mirrodin and has spent his entire life fighting things compared to Anna who can't remember sizeable portions of her training and because he has both combat ability with his pumps and weapons and spell mastery with his heal spells and control enchantments.

but if it goes to Amund v Nishal... they've both got a lot of lifegain, but Amund summons things to fight and Nishal tends to just pump himself and slam that way. So it all comes down to who can get their stuff in order first: a self-pump or a big-creature summoner.
>>
>>49519942
>task mage
>doesn't remember a sizeable portion of her training.
>>
>>49519995
I mean from her pre-spark days. and that sheet that she has from the fourth link says she got training on her home plane from her organisation, but lost most of it aside from the instincts.

taskmages aren't exactly adept fighters, either. Garruk and his father were taskmages, and their entire job was planting seed and making it grow fast.
>>
>>49519884
I'd rule that it makes them an unflake, in competitive terms.
>>
>>49519884
You mean schemes? Depends. What do you want to use them for?
>>
>>49520239
That's not a problem.

>>49520249
I was just thinking of making a pre-Mending and post-Mending sheet for Gaia and the ice age, like an anon suggested last thread. And I thought Your Fate is Thrice Sealed fits her pre-Mending theme well. I think the other schemes don't really fit, tho.
>>
File: dae.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
dae.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>49499632
>Belloski goes to Kaladesh hoping for new wares or some fancy vehicles
>Instead he meets Dovin Baan, a big robot, and several camels he keeps calling "donkeys"
>He revels in the beauty of not letting people have fun and leaves with the arcane knowledge of "control decks" and several stolen gloves and shiny prisms
>>
>>49516912
If ice age anon does it again, all flakes made since current tournament will be entered. No late entries to current event, sadly.

I'm growing seriously tempted to make a legendary creature in a planeswalker template just for Kaladesh. Making him a walker would add very little to his character outside of explaining a couple of combat trick spells which aren't super specific, but he'd make for more amusing responses to Kaladesh prompts when weighed against Skyre, who just showed up to see if a fumigate would kill him.
>>
>>49518991
I'll never leave. Because like you said, a little piece of me lives on inside of each of you.
>>
>>49517510
Maybe if you put a name or trip on everyone wouldn't confuse each other for you.
>>
>>49520023
I meant task mage like mercenary work instead of just planting seeds.
>>
>>49522353
So the Jaya kinda Task Mage
>>
>>49518992
No one knows. Probably like Elves.
>>
>>49519884
I actually like this idea. We all should use different format cards to spice things up.
>>
>>49522002
Or people shouldn't try to assume any anon is definitely a known anon.
>>
>>49518992
Nahiri was put in suspended animation, thus grinding her aging speed to a halt. Aside from that, they're basically rock elves, so about as long as an elf.
>>
>>49515349
POLLS!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11308811
http://www.strawpoll.me/11308813
>>
File: Now with less vampires.jpg (667KB, 1490x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Now with less vampires.jpg
667KB, 1490x1040px
>>49523151
>Every flake is allowed to have a single planechase card to represent where they bail to when shit hits the fan/their homebase of sorts. Neat. I like this idea

In fact, because it's about to be asked anyway:
>What planechase plane would be where your flake set up their retreat? Use plane cards from only planes your flake has been to for obvious reasons.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&special=true&type=+[Plane]+[%22Plane%22]+![%22Planeswalker%22]

Thane'd be pic related. It's got to be prime real estate with most of the vampires dead for now, and Thane's always been a mountain boy

>>49523295
Zendikar elves live to be around 200 or so according to the artbook.
>>
File: IMG_20160926_153358.jpg (52KB, 400x279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160926_153358.jpg
52KB, 400x279px
>>49523338
Of the list given, probably a place like pic related where dreams abound. By the current mtg time, if she is still alive she will have spent more time as the World Core by far than she ever did awake. And so she still feels most comfortable and normal when dreaming.
>>
File: Plaaanes.jpg (179KB, 403x851px) Image search: [Google]
Plaaanes.jpg
179KB, 403x851px
>>49523338

Murodck has been mentioned rooting in Takenuma since the beginning. It is a secretive place where no one but the dregs of society would ever think to go, with plenty of job for one with her set of skills.

About Kaya something like the other two would be good. Twisted as she may be, she admires the natural order and the self replication of life and has little patience for civilization, so Muraganda or the jungle on Ergamon would fit by virtue of being (apparently, for all we know about them) pretty untamed and secretive place where it is unlikely for others to disturb her.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 595x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 595x416px
>>49523778
Fuck yeah! Gaia! I love that card. Grove and Quicksilver Sea are my shit.
>>
>>49522876
Yeah, salvation wiki listed task mage as mercenary.
>>
>>49522353
alright, that does change things a bit.

Anna vs. Nishal becomes Merc vs. Soldier; both have clear martial prowess and their own fighting styles pretty clearly through their colour identities. It still stands though, that the big thing is whether or not Nishal would get close enough to end it or if Anna would be able to finish him from afar.
>>
>>49519942
I thought that the 3v3 would go down like a ffa, as in everyone attacks the others at once. No teamups or anything.
>>
>>49525648
It really ought to be interpreted this way.
>>
>>49525648
>>49526394
That's nonsense, it is like saying all flakes have the same basic tactical skills of a badger. If some of them are the kind of flakes that WOULD gang up and ally temporarily, then they will during the fights. We assume that they fight at the best of their capacities, nto like some rabid spell-slinging dogs.
>>
>>49526936
We've already ignored the canon tactics and abilities of flakes up to this point for the sake of the "rules." Why should a ffa be any different?
>>
>>49526936
It's played that they use their own weapons, spells, and skills to win. Magically saying "We'll these two would team up." Is arbitrary and dumb because team-ups happen for the sake of plot and is just used to push the idea that a certain flake that obviously can't win against the other flakes would win because "lol they team up"

Besides, like I said, team-ups are arbitrary. The gatewatch has a paladin and necromancer on the same side after all. Saying "Anna and Nishal team up against Amund" is basically "Because I said so." Why would they be more likely to team up than Nishal and Amund?

That's why team-ups are stupid.

During the three for all with Thane and Murdock it made sense because her powers are literally "Make someone mad at someone else." But unless a flake has "Super persuasive, super seductive, or 'Is a mind mage'." as a listed power, team ups being a thing are, put simply, bullshit that someone made up to make their flake of choice have a shot at winning against the better opponent.
>>
>>49527113
Politics and knowing when to be unnoticed is a good skill.
>>
>>49527113
I outlined each possible teamup, and what each would do for Nishal in a given situation. I didn't say how or why they would happen, because I don't have a 100% understanding of why each character does what they do. I just pointed out that in a fight, if Anna and Nishal teamed up Amund would lose. If Anna and Amund teamed up, Nishal would lose. and if Nishal and Amund teamed up, Anna would lose. In a three-for-all, it makes little/no sense for one person to NOT get ganged up on. Have you ever played multiplayer magic? everyone groups up on the big threat, then the board state devolves into chaos in the ensuing power vacuum. Why would a fight between planeswalkers be any different than "he's the biggest, let's put our differences aside to make sure he doesn't kill either of us"?
>>
And all this is why free for all were a big mistake.
>>
>>49526936
>>49527343
The problem here is that these free-for-alls aren't being conducted for creative purposes. The only reason these free-for-alls exist is for mathematical purposes, so that the last rounds can have nice, even numbers to them. This isn't some bizarre detour that suddenly values completely different skill sets than all the previous and following rounds. The whole concept of this tournament was to find out which single flake is the strongest. Having a flake advance because they're a good team player completely defeats the purpose of the tournament, because being a good team player is irrelevant in one-on-ones, which is what the entire contest is based off of. In other words, if a flake progresses only due to their skill in multi-person settings (politics, etc), they will not have actually deserved that progression, and will be woefully outmatched in the next rounds as a result.

Let me illustrate this numerically. Let's say that in a free-for-all, there are three flakes, with power levels between 1 and 4. Let's say that in this free-for-all, one of the flakes is at 2, one is at 3, and one is at 4. In a linear progression of power, 4 > 3 > 2, making 4 the winner. "But hang on a minute," you say, "flake 3 is a good team player and could conceivably team up with 2, putting their collective level at 5 and letting them beat 4. Then, because 3 is greater than 2, 3 would beat them, too, leaving 3 as the winner!" The problem there is that next round it's back to one-on-ones and 3 is in a bracket with a bunch of 4s. 3 shouldn't have actually advanced, because 4 was stronger than them. Get it?

>>49527489
No, the free-for-alls were a necessary tool for making the numbers easier. Ice Age Anon is not the one making mistakes.
>>
>>49527489
They would've been good for the first round chaff, as the non-combat social flakes would've actually had an advantage.

But these are supposed to be for the top eighth or so of the flakes. There's nothing new to be gained from doing things this way.
>>
>>49526936
>>49527343
>>49527489
>I don't know what "free-for-all" means
>>
>>49527443
Because it involves assuming they know which one is the most powerful for the flakes, or that they wouldn't act a certain way instead of teaming up. Who's to say Anna would team up with Nishal, and not just let Amund wreck Nishal while she set up her whatever so she could burn the treeman to death?

Finally, it is explicitly a "free-for-all" so it's safe to assume teams and alliances are a no.

I'll be honest, the only time team ups are acceptable if probably if a flake ran a ton of surge/soulbond or the like of could force a team-up.
>>
When does the voting end?
>>
>Venn and Nishal are getting styled on.
>>
>>49528618
eh, I'm just happy he made it this far.
>>
>>49528618
B-But Anon! Namefags always win!
>>
>>49528784
Must be someone voting multiple times!!!!11111111111
>RIP in peace Anna.
>>
>>49527113
This guy gets it.
>>
>>49528268
It ends promptly at midnight, CST, every night.

So about an 1 hour and 40-ish minutes from now.
>>
>>49528797
You say that like it's a joke but to be honest it seems really fishy this one. This poll has way more votes than the other one.
>>
>>49529447
and the sudden surge in Amund's popularity.
>>
>>49529447
>tfw I forgot to refresh the other poll and thought it only had 4 votes.
Bed time for me.
>>
>Ussa can be a bit slow on the uptake in a magical duel. Unless she specifically knows what to be prepared for, chances are she won’t be ready for a highly aggressive strategy.

This is on her sheet. I literally don't know why you people keep voting for her.
>>
>>49530199
it's the power of the titty, anon. never doubt the power of the titty
>>
>>49530243
I will readily doubt it, because it's an argument that lacks substance.
>>
>>49530199
>>49530315
Because to most people that sounds like
>Ussa's fighting style is a personified ramp deck, she folds hard if you go pure aggro against her because her early game boardstate is ramped up lands, but don't let her get up to speed like a ramp deck or she'll drop oversized 11 mana shit on you by turn 5
That doesn't immediately mean she loses, just that you can't let her decide to move. According to your opinion on "slow uptake" Gaia should have lost in round one because we all assumed she had a "slow start" there.

Plus grain of salt but inducing mindnumbing levels of lust is also a power of hers and she's up against a straight male who at times can be easily smitten, and a lesbian with a big tits fetish so they need either an iron will to not be merely "distracted."
>>
>>49530334
My problem with that is that this will make two Rounds in a row now where she flattened opponents that had styles that pick on her weak spot, just because some Anons can't control their boners.
>>
File: Ring of Three Wishes.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ring of Three Wishes.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>49515349
>>49523297
The following Flakes move on to the next Round:

>Amund
>Ussa

The next match-ups are as follows:

>Yao Shen VS Murdock VS Gaia
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdEtQRGpDMjBTQkU?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxSVF1Q1lTd1R6Nzg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcW0wRG01eTFkZkU/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdGQ0QlpkS3BSN1U?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>Winifred VS Domoyl VS Izari
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcjh3dHphUnAwY1U?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxblgySGg0QUxiOVk/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxaDRfSTZld1h1bFE?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTDJyekZIMEhuZjg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

DISCUSS!
>>
>>49530464
>That First Match
Oh, dang.

>The Second Match
BG Battle!
>>
>>49530363
Bavara seems more control than anything so I assume you mean Venn

Venn's not aggro. At all. His style is burn or artifacts. Artifacts I'll give you she might not do much for a while since it just looks like a human collecting his "toys" to her. She might want to fuck him, but who knows

But "slow on the uptake" doesn't mean "will sit their and drool while he throws fire and lightning at her." Slow on upkeep because someone's ramping creatures or casting nice pretty theros enchantments to weakly imitate the night sky? Sure I can believe her being slow on that, but not the "Throwing fireballs and hammers at her"
>>
>>49530363
>just because some Anons can't control their boners.
>only getting votes or winning because people can't control their boners
If you think about it, that's very flavorful.
>>
>>49530523
I'm mostly bitching because last round she stopped Kinrakar, who's shtick is to be a violence-loving minotaur who breaks you in half just for his own indulgence. Honestly, it was a perfect counter. Nothing but death and damage spells in that guy's wheelhouse.

Also, did you really just say that burn isn't aggro? Burn is the fastest aggro that the game has.
>>
>>49530573
In game it is, in lore it's slinging fireballs/lightning/rocks faster than they can be stopped or blocked.
Chandra probably can't burst someone down from 20 to 0 by herself in a moment and since Venn is a blacksmith by trade divided into two colors, he's probably slower than Chandra at it. Adding to the fact that Ussa has a bit of lifegain thanks to ramping mono-green and her staff of lifegain for lands and she has some sort of recovery going on while she ramps up to big stompy mode.

I admit that her beating minotaur was questionable, but I think the joke there was "She'd literally fuck him to death."
His kink sheet almost read stereotypically of the things she likes and poor impulse control would she means she'd seduce it faster.
>>
>>49518468
But is any of it even decent?
>>
>>49532223
No.
>>
>>49532273
Oh.
Okay.
>>
>>49532223
There are plenty of good stories, she's mad because we didn't go back to Avacyn restored and stay there the whole time last block.
>>
>>49533506
That's only the tip of the iceberg that is her rage. Part of it is that the great DIOMEDES is too busy for her lewdness. :)
>>
>>49533506
Well, I don't know. I'm starting to get a little mad about how mono-white-aligned characters have to do one of the following:
>Be evil
>Get corrupted
>Die

It's getting to be a little much.
>>
>>49530464
K.
>>
>>49533708
Ajani and Gideon are kicking
Tazri kicked ass
Elspeth is just chilling in the underworld for a few.
>>
>>49533845
Thalia is mostly fine, too. Starring in the next JoJo series on Inninstrad.
>>
>>49533753
Is Murdock biting it this round?
>>
>>49533870
You tell me, man. To be honest she got lucky in the third round, and it looks like that luck is over.
I guess she coud, theorically, pull off the same tacti as before targetting Yao Shen, who looks like a pretty angry man already, to make him aggro Gaia only but in the end two weak flakes don't make a strong one.
Let's be fair, the true winner of this tourney will be whoever goes to face Gaia in the finals. She is just too much out of anyone's league.
>>
>>49533868
Well last we saw Thalia, emrakul was pressing her feminine penis against the heretic cathar's mind.
>>
>>49533975
I am fine with this, Ems is best girl anyway.
>>
>>49533975
Emrakul is gone though. May it be her own plan or not, she is sealed in the moon as of now.
>>
>>49530464
Yao Shen vs Gaia is the real fight, and Murdock could decide it by ganging up on her iwn. The only way she wins is if the others beat each other up so hard she can come in at the last minute for a coup de gra or however it's spelled.

The second fight is a bit more even but I give it to Domoyl. He's a straight up fighter/assassin with a bit of focus on hunting stuff. Winnifred weakens them both with her spells which takes out Domoyl and Izaries weenies, Izari can kill most of the big stuff with deathtouch and effects, while Domoyl has so both teubal powers and a quite a lot of boost and deathtouch himself that is focused on making his stuff stronger, not nerfing others. Domoylis in fluff enhanced like Liliana though maybe not to her degree and goes for the throat. I don't think Winnifred is so violent, but Izari's dovine patronage could help her as well
>>
>>49533927
Well, I mean, she is LITERALLY Mother Nature made into a flake. This should all have been expected.
>>
>>49534081
It isn't really, Yao has not been implied to be of a power level high enough to stand before Bolas-tier walkers- actually his sheet is pretty poor of information, so there is no real way to gauge his power other than "he is not strong enough to take on a dragon" since this is how his sparked ignited, with him getting chewed. He is just a very ambitious big game hunter, and it is really no match for Gaia I am afraid.
>>49534082
Yep.
>>
>>49534082
>>49534118
Although, people would be much more willing to speak against Gaia and to come up for reasons why she'd lose if she wasn't so cemented in their eyes as the ultimate badass by the eternal presence of a namefag.
>>
>>49534284
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with presence of a namefag, and more to do with she is consistently portrayed as a literal god in all of her content. She is literally a plot device, and has "was literally a god of a world" as her main narrative. Even as a neowalker, she's a big hitter, and I think any argument that comes up saying she's weak without oldwalker status is specifically made because a handful of anons have it out for namefags.
>>
>>49534284
Namefagging only goes so hard; we've lost some flakes of the sort already.

Really, there's a difference between what a Flake can do and what they would do. We have sheets for some that outright explain what they're capable of, and for all of them we have examples of the kinds of spells that they first and foremost rely on, their go-tos.
Everyone has a weakness somewhere, apply yourselves.
>>
>>49530464
>>49533753
>>49533927
Gaia and Yao struggle in an epic conflict where Gaia rapes a victory over Yao, but just barely. And then Murdock stabs Gaia in the ass cheek with a poison dagger. With Gaia's blood pumping hastily and her adrenaline flowing, she dies a quick death.

Murdy passes to the next round.
>>
>>49534982
I mean, I know this is a joke, but do we really think he's that strong? He really just strikes me as an average big game hunter, and not even the best we have in the storm. I honestly think that first match is a no-brainer for gaia, unless you're trying realy hard to argue against her because you want her out of the ice age.

I think the second round comes down to Domoyl and Izari, because death touch is no joke. And at that point I think Domoyl gets it with his long range and pw hate.
>>
File: snowflake.png (911KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.png
911KB, 1562x1186px
Adding my snowflake to the blizzard.

Still picking out spells, suggestions welcome - trying to keep my card selection limited to coresets/origins, and planes already visited.

Critque welcome and encouraged.
>>
>>49535042
Oh god, just now noticing the syntax errors and tense shifts. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>49498959
I came to one of these threads before, didn't understand what was going on, then left.

Here's what I'm guessing: y'all are making OCs and telling stories about them?
>>
>>49535133
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>49535133
Yes, in essence, which gives us a good jumping off point to discuss the, frankly, fractured and schizophrenic lore in MtG.
>>
>>49535042
>>49535088
just redo it, you never told OP to put it into the repository

>>49535133
pretty much? I mean we acknowledge that our OCs are shit, but with a lot of what came about during the Shadows and Gatewatch blocks, it's not like some of the quality that comes out of this is too far off from the official lore.
>>
>>49535133
Yeah.

As garbage as anyone can say that OC is, it really does raise a lot of good lore questions when it comes down to critiquing for what is or isn't possible.
>>
>>49534284
I gave my opinion on how the fight would go, man, I am not here to get salty about a game. Until now, I thought my flakes had their chances to come out on top; this time I don't. It would have been the same if had I faced Ka or Dyna, honestly I see no real reason to pretend I can win in situations like those. ESPECIALLY against Gaia, it is like putting vraska and jace in the same arena with Nicol Bolas.
>>
>>49535251
Albeit a much kinder and less sexy Nicool Brolas.
>>
>>49535162
>redo it
Will do, when I return from class. Still begging for suggestions and critque.
>>
If your flake was a legendary creature, what would their power/toughness be?
>>
>>49535325
>>49535042 here. She'd be a 4/4 or a 5/5
>>
>>49535042
Does she not cast spells or summon creatures?
>>
>>49535308
it seems good aside from the already mentioned text issues. I would like to see some reason for the angelheart vial and the sword which is something I too need to do for Nishal

other than that, just try figuring out what she would summon and cast based on her personality and experiences

>>49535325
Nishal would be a 4/4 or a 4/5
Iosha would probably be 2/3 or 3/2 with an artifact bounce or ETB counter/blink ability, something like "flash, when this creature enters the battlefield exile target spell and return it the the battlefield under your control"
>>
>>49535352
She does, I just have a batch of like 20-30 spells I'm sorting through trying to get down to like, 10. She likes Enchantments and big creatures.
>>
File: Emancipation.png (119KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Emancipation.png
119KB, 223x311px
>>49535325
I've actually made a legendary creature card for Serena before.

When she was mono white though she was probably literally pic related.
>>
>>49535378
>batch of like 20-30 spells I'm sorting through trying to get down to like, 10
I know that pain.
>>
>>49535133
>>49535145
>>49535152
>>49535162
>>49535180
Follow up question: do the flakes that people make stick around? I did some investigating and there's a literal fuckton of them. DOES IT EVER STOP?
>>
>>49535372
>vial
She was raised Avacynian. She doesn't really believe in Avacynian doctrine, but she does keep a kind of secular/protestant faith in Angels as forces of good and peace - which are things she strives for.

>sword
<insert writefagging about time spent on Mirrodin/nPhyrexia here.>
>>
>>49535414
A lot of people make flakes and then dissappear afterwards. Some people like Vronak, shit them out on a weekly basis.

Some of us, typically the nameusers make a few big ones and write a lot about them. For instance >>49535385's flake has quite a lot of material in the repository.
>>
>>49535414
It's been going for months. Some flakes and flake makers stick around, others move on.
>>
>>49535414
Some people are regulars. Some people come to hang out, then leave.

We've been at this for a while. Honestly, we almost died off recently, but we had a bit of a resurgence. In the midst of no new story content, one guy was like "we're having a Flake tournament now," and that's the Ice Age. I think now that we're getting new Kaladesh content, we can keep running... as long some people get down to writefagging.
>>
>>49535414
I've been here since the very start of this snowstorm, I just don't like talking about my flakes that often or posting the stories I've written. I'm not a fan of showing off or taking part in the circlejerk.
>>
>>49535471
Define >writefagging
>>
>>49535483
>Making Flakes
>Not wanting to post any content

I mean... making the Flake is definitely the core of what goes on here, since it gets into exploration about planes, planeswalkers, and planeswalking. But nothing perpetuates if we don't write anything; the characters that are conceived are just sort of meaningless with no new content.

>>49535490
When I say writefagging, I mean any short stories that include one or more flakes.
>>
>>49535506
newfag, not the other guy
On one hand, coming up with ideas about characters is awesome.
On the other hand, writing stories about characters sucks ass
>>
>>49535506
I'd argue they're meaningless even with new content. I see flakes as nothing more as a brief 'what if,' an idea of a character that could possibly exist in the setting before moving on. One of the characters I have made has evolved into something that I think is pretty fun and that I do enjoy writing about on a personal level but it's not something I feel like sharing. The rest, they're just a way of exploring the lore when we've got no new lore to discuss.
>>
>>49535506
I keep starting writefaggings, but I can never seem to get myself to finish them. I usually get 1-2 pages in and just lose inspiration.

>>49535325
I've thought a tiny bit about it, and probably about a 4/6. She can take more punishment than she can give when it comes to martial stuff.
>>
>>49535554
>giant avatar
>anything less than a 6/6
Ok. You're wrong, but ok.
>>
>>49535571
So, a 2/2 Wolf is the size of a full grown Bear?
>>
>>49535571
Aight. A 6/6 or 6/8 it is then. We all already know I'm shit at making custom cards.
>>
Through strange circumstances, your snowflake is sent back in time, through the Blind Eternities, to a blank slate of a plane, an empty and barren wasteland. The snowflake gains all the power of an oldwalker and is free to shape and design this plane as they see fit, shaping it into whatever sort of world they desire.

>http://basiclandart.tumblr.com/

Take nine images of basic lands from that link and arrange them in a 3-by-3 collage, to present what sort of world your snowflake would make if they're given the chance.

Get plane-making!
>>
>>49535630
Depending on the plane? Yes.
>>
>>49535637
>snowflakes making snowplanes
>>
>>49535649
No. No it's not. 6/6 is also all of the Titans. Which are exceptionally bigger than your average Giant. Most giants range from 2/5 to 10/10. I believe they are most commonly with a power of 4 though.
>>
>>49534118
If you'd allow me to rebutt, Yao was chewed by a dragon before igniting, before he learned magic beyond "hit with axe". He has increased pretty massively in power since then, and looking at Gaia's sheet, it literally says 'ramp into big creatures...' which are kind of exactly the type of shit he's good at removing. Not saying that he can beat meme power, but he's not add outclassed as you might think.
>>
>>49535844
He's three-color, she's five-color. So that's an auto-win for her.
He's a neowalker, she's an oldwalker. Decades of experience versus eons. So that's an auto-win for her.
And frankly, even if she didn't have those auto-win conditions, I'd vote her anyway because I don't want some ugly faggot beating a qt3.14
>>
>>49535844
>ramp into big creatures
>and spells
She can just channel fireball instead of summoning a big elemental. I think Yao is still boned.
>>
>>49535637
>Remes
Makes a pocket plane to hide away in, because despite being practically a god now, he is wary of other Planeswalkers. It looks a lot like UB Ravnican undercity, making it hard for anyone else who gets there to find any of his things.

>Cala
Picture Izzet architecture. Now give it a splash of Rakdos red and Kaladesh blue. Every last wild inch of madness is mathematically perfect. And then it gets populated with devils, but that's okay because the great library is fireproofed... Would be what would happen, but she can't be bothered to hold attention long enough to make a plane.

>Jakrol
Can't be assed to do it.

>Winifred
Predominantly black, with a minor slice of red and blue. Green leylines are hard to find, and there aren't any that are white. The plane is then seeded with a small populous of non-mages; she blends in with the people whenever she wants to go out, and can easily prey on people.

>Wyston
Goes into crisis mode as he has to weigh the responsibilities of his new powers. He can't be bothered to make his own plane, he's too busy trying to find a way back before he can accidentally do something that he ought not to do, or gets swept up in something he can't help but take part in.
>>
>>49535844
Good that you pointed it out then, although I still don't think we stand a good chance.
>>
File: not this shit again.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
not this shit again.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
>>49535891
>He's three-color, she's five-color. So that's an auto-win for her.
>I don't want some ugly faggot beating a qt3.14

I mean, your second point was completely valid, at least.
>>
File: Thane makes a new home.png (4MB, 1600x1464px) Image search: [Google]
Thane makes a new home.png
4MB, 1600x1464px
>>49535637
This must really say something about how bored I am.

Regardless, of course the Zendikar boy would make zendikar 2.0, complete with hedrons to align and maintain the leylines so nothing goes horribly wrong.
>>
>>49535844
>>49535891
Memes are illegal.

Colors mean potential, not power.
Everyone is powerscaled to neowalker, but experience counts for something.
Also, stop trying to make memes out of your bait.
>>
>>49535915
Does he know how to make hedrons? IIRC only Nahiri could do that, but perhaps copying them is easier than designing an building them from scratch.
>>
>>49535948
But having more colors is still an advantage and having more experience is still an advantage and she has more advantages over him than he has over her, therefore she wins.

Plus he's an ugly faggot and not my waifu.
>>
>>49530464
http://www.strawpoll.me/11314846
http://www.strawpoll.me/11314848

POLLS
>>
>>49535986
>But having more colors is still an advantage
It's a trade off. You have more options (larger variety of spells) but they are more difficult to execute than for a more focused mage (because you need the right mana, getting which takes time).
>>
>>49535964
Basically yeah, copying them would be exactly what he does. I think lithomancers by BfZ have learned how to make perfect copies in miniature because everyone uses them as: Lights, foods, fence pieces, arrowheads, swords, and a sealing device, among other things.

It wasn't a case of "only Nahiri could make them" so much as "Nahiri was the only one of the three oldwalkers who was a lithomancer." Ugin designed them, Nahiri made them, Sorin looked pretty for the eldrazi. Making more fuchuge hedrons with oldwalker powers is the easy part.

The hard part would be figuring out how they work enough to align them correctly since he's not Ugin and probably has little idea on what the runes might be since he didn't study the books Jace did at Seagate.

But he's an oldwalker now, he has a millenia to do nothing but try and figure it out.
>>
>>49535893
Good point abot spells. To be honest, I do sort of imagine Yao as someone who carries Silence effects, you know, fight like a man, not some robed mage with sticks for arms and all that, but I was afraid that putting that in the discussion would eliminate his weakness to big spells. Anyway, his only actual defense is spells with lifegain stapled on(see Pulse of Murasa), since regeneration doesn't really affect players, and that's like half his shtick at this point.
>>
>>49536019
I actually disagree with this point. A multicolored flake doesn't have to rely on multi-colored spells alone. They could cast, say, a lightning bolt just as easily as a straight red mage if electromancy is in their list of known magics. All it takes is one red. Just because a flake has practice in multiple colors doesn't necessarily mean they are any less adept in those colors as a mono flake. This condition should be evaluated on a flake-by-flake basis.
>>
>>49536065
You could also just go ask Ugin.
>>
>>49536089
Yeah, you can just cast bolt, but you're playing five colors and sometimes you don't draw red mana.
>>
>>49536089
The multicolored flake is less likely to have access to red mana, is my point. Their Lightning Bolt is just as powerful, but is less reliable.

In game this is represented by getting other lands instead of red. If you are mono red, any land draw gets you a Lightning Bolt, not so for multicolored, especially 5 color.
>>
>>49536016
I find it funny that even though pretty much everyone who posts itt thinks gaia would win the first match, all the votes so far are going to yao and murdock. It makes me chuckle.
>>
>>49536124
In mechanics, this is true. But in lore, both casters have access to the same mana pool so long as they are on the same plane.
>>
File: whostosay.png (587KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
whostosay.png
587KB, 720x1280px
>>49535325
0/4

He's not a particularly determined fighter, but he /is/ immortal, so his toughness would be pretty high. He has an effect like Gift of Immortality grafted on, so his toughness doesn't actually need to be too high, anyway.

>>49535506
I mean, I make shitty comics sometimes, in which Skyre has been featured at least once.

>>49535637
Shit, it'll be 11 hours before I'm home again, but if it's still being talked about, you can expect 9 bleached and desolate plains and maybe calcified wastes out of me.
>>
>>49536148
I'll be honest. I just want her out of the competition, so I always vote against her.
>>
>>49536280
That's a terrible reason.
>>
>>49536299
Then you make a good argument as to why Yao or Murdock would specifically win with their loadouts. Because so far, no one has yet they are winning. I think it's because a lot of people feel like >>49536280
>>
>>49536332
Different person, but I voted for Murdock because they can basically force a 2 v 1 scenario in their own favor when team-ups normally don't happen; bonus points on that because Yao Shen is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>49536369
But this is supposed to be a ffa, not a teamup. And Murdock's own anon thinks she's boned.
>>
>>49536148
She has my vote. I just haven't bothered voting yet. No rush.
>>
File: Sigrun fixed bio.png (910KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Sigrun fixed bio.png
910KB, 1562x1186px
Back from class, bio fixed(?).

Going to start slimming down spells to put into the sheet.
>>
>>49536411
It's a free-for-all, sure. But Murdock's skill set includes some emotion control that can be used to set people against each other. That's not really a team-up as much as one person is controlling the scenario and then taking advantage of it.
>>
>>49536509
True true. But Murdock anon herself even said that even with a teamup, she thinks they would lose. It doesn't really help that we don't know anything about Yao. He's a literally who.
>>
>>49536411
See >>49527113
>During the three for all with Thane and Murdock it made sense because her powers are literally "Make someone mad at someone else."

This isn't her and Yao Shen deciding to work together, this is her manipulating Yao Shen into throwing his all at Gaia. Granted, I don't think Yao Shen is enough to bring Gaia down to Murdock's stab zone so it's a moot point.
>>
>>49536332
I don't really have a good argument. I just think Murdy is cute and want her to win.
>>
>>49536557
Yeah, that's why the best tactic is to only vote for namefags. Who wants to vote for some shitty nobody's flake who hasn't spent hours writing shitty fanfiction about how their snowflake is so awesome?
>>
>>49536627
>this meme still exists even though almost all of the namefags have been knocked out.
>>
>>49536016
I am at a loss of words for the current results. I would like to remind people that not liking a walker is not a good reason to have it lose, this is not a popularity contest.
Damn, I don't usually vote when i am involved, but if this keeps up I may end up doing it for once, and voting against myself.
>>
>>49536675
It's up to everyone's interpretation. The votes for arbitrary reasons are junk, but I think that Murdock could win the scenario, even if you don't.
>>
>>49536627
That is idiotic. The problem with "literally who"s is that there is not enough info to gauge their power, not that they are not speshul enough, retard.
>>
>>49536090
There's probably a near-zero chance that Thane has no idea that Ugin exists. and a near-zero chance that he's in that sweet spot where Ugin helped design the hedrons and Sarkhan put him in a storage land.

>>49536627
But I'm a namefag and my flake lost. Clearly your logic is flawed.
>>
Remes/Cala/Jakrol/Winifred/Wyston-Anon here

Honestly, I have no strong opinions on who would win that battle, so I'm leaving it in your hands. I hope that if you vote for my Flake, it is because you think she could win, rather than because "cute flake waifu." Same for Cala.

Really, I'm glad that you lot like some of my flakes, but I'm not salty if they lose. I lost 3/5 already, and was somewhat surprised by how they played out, but it's just an RNG battle tournament for fun.
>>
>>49536714
That is your vote and you are entitled to it, I just feel dirty if someone votes for me just to get rid of the flake they don’t like or...
>>49536607
...Or for this reason.
>>
>>49536747
Best of men.
>>
>All these people wanking Murdock would win just because she knows how to spin around with a poisoned knife after Gaia beats Shen
Show of hands: How many of you are just that desperate for Gaia to lose?

>>49536607
You in particular disgust me.
>>
>>49536738
>Thane
Literally who?
>>
>>49536796
>show of hands
Yo
>>
>>49536557
See Yao's only writefagging, where he:
>summoned an angel
>killed it (pretty much)
>taught another flake healing magic
If that's not enough, I'll fill out that power sheet thing a bunch of people were posting a few threads back as soon as I get the time.
>>
>>49536808
>Been using a name since I got here
>Multiple writefaggings

According to your logic I should clearly be winning everything, regardless of if you've been paying attention or not. The fact that I didn't proves your logic doesn't work.
>>
>>49536845
>summoned an angel
>killed it (pretty much)
This gets almost all of my respect expect for the implications of tat "pretty much".
>>
File: choices.png (470KB, 1920x1050px) Image search: [Google]
choices.png
470KB, 1920x1050px
>>49536487
So after some painful eliminations, this is what I have so far.

Cards I forgot to grab: Godsire, Primal and Sun Titan.
>>
>>49537021
Forgot to say, need some help making additional cuts.
>>
>>49536016
I can't vote for Gaia because of the stupid captcha being in the way, but I'm casting my vote for her. if teamups don't make sense and they're three-for-alling properly, this isn't even a competition. Even if Murdock and Yao team up against Gaia, the time it'll take Yao to beat her and Murdock to be a coward is more than enough for Gaia to drop at LEAST one elemental/avatar, and if the avatar can take out one person it can take out two pretty easy.
>>
>>49537072
Resize the window. That will reveal her checkbox.
>>
>>49537021
>>49537041
I was actually considering an opposite where I made an "extended spell list." Since flake'sfolders tend to have a few extra images, anyway, it wouldn't hurt, I'd guess.

Don't be too hesitant, since you could probably do so as well.
>>
>>49537072
Mess with the window size. Strawpoll has been dumb the last few days.

Also, there's still like, ten and a half hours left to vote.
>>
File: 105682_200w.jpg (23KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
105682_200w.jpg
23KB, 200x285px
>>49537072
>if the avatar can take out one person
Pic related, considering Yao Shen's whole thing is"big game hunter".
>>
>>49537160
But he's only a three-color neowalker that is 'literally who'
>>
File: Bait of Babylon.jpg (112KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait of Babylon.jpg
112KB, 625x626px
>>49537191
>>49536557
>>49536732
>>49536808

>Attempting to force literally who as a meme
>>
>>49537160
I'd like to point out that Gaia has Toxic Deluge, Devastation Tide, and Wrath of God in her preferred spell list. In all likelihood, she would just board wipe the battle and not even worry about summons.
>>
>>49537237
That probably tells us something about how she would battle, but also she's not quite as capable of just tossing around bombs as she was as an oldwalker.
>>
>>49537261
So long as she has the mana and knows how to cast the spell, she can still cast those spells. She just can't spam them constantly like she used to. But I would like to point out that any ramp deck worth its salt could cast Toxic Deluge or Wrath of God on turn 1 or 2.
>>
>>49537131
While that's a good idea, I still a condensed spell-list for the actual sheet so I can request OP to add me to the repository.
>>
>>49537297
So since we're assuming that all flakes, no matter the color combination, always have the mana to cast their spells, doesn't that objectively make more colors better since they don't have to deal with the disadvantages that come with color fixing?
>>
>>49537261
>>49537297
To add to these points, I also see Drain Power in her spell list. So couldn't she just steal some mana from Murdock or Yao and cast her big spells even faster?
>>
>>49537297
>cast Wrath of God turn 2
Why would you want to?
>>
>>49537534
Not sure. But if Murdock and Shen are both technically creatures, then it could show that the fight would end pretty quick. Also, I was mainly pointing out that she can ramp into devastating spells pretty quickly, it seems.
>>
>>49537581
>Planeswalkers are creatures

Aaaaand we have a dangerous statement.
>>
>>49537611
Outside of game-mechanics, they really technically are.

There is absolutely no logical in-game reason why one sort of fire spell is able to hit any creature but planeswalkers, while other fire spells are able hit both normal creatures and planeswalkers, while still having exactly the same flavor (hitting someone with magical fire).
>>
>>49537611
honestly, outside of game mechanics they are. they're just creatures that have a bit more mobility, and in-lore they're depicted that way. the only reason Gideon can take as many shots as he can is because his dad is a god, Jace and the rest of the crew are very much mortal. hell, even Gideon's shield fell under hilarious conditions; apparently gods can't swim.
>>
>>49537611
Well lorewise they kind of are. Always have been. In lore there's nothing stopping Chandra from flameslashing a wild animal, a tree, or Jace except for her levels of "Do I want to?" It's just that well, gameplay trumps story.

I mean, Nissa naturalized the Eye of Ugin, which was an artifact in universe, but a land out of it. Karn is still a golem made of silver, Nicol Bolas has always been a dragon. etc.etc.
>>
>>49537641
>>49537656
Some exceptions obviously exist, flavor-wise. Particular in bounce cards that un-make aether-summoned creatures.
>>
>>49537581
While you can call them creatures, they have ascended to a new plateau of being. It is vastly more difficult to kill a Planeswalker than any other creature save for an Eldrazi Titan. However, the Eldrazi Titans are in concept a reflection of the power of pre-Mending Planeswalkers. Planeswalkers have many capabilities that normal creatures do not, besides the ability to planeswalk, they can store mana inside of them, they can tap into mana from other planes while they aren't on those planes, they can learn magics at a far accelerated rate than others, especially if they have an affinity for it, and most importantly they can amplify the power of a spell to degrees unthought of by other creatures.
>>
>>49537680
Why can you not hit a planeswalker with a Lightning Axe, while you can hit them with a Lightning Bolt?
>>
>>49537707
>citation needed
>>
>>49537656
When did it state that his father was a God?
>>
>>49537726
You can hit Gideon with a Lightning Axe.
>>
>>49537707
>It is vastly more difficult to kill a Planeswalker than any other creature
That's gameplay, not lore. In lore Thassa pushed Kiora's shit in while in gameplay Thassa'd be a minor inconvenience before you just whelming waved her back to the opponent's hand.

Jace also almost got iced by a bunch of cultists. And then almost got eaten by werwolves a set later, Nissa and Sorin got their shit pushed in by a troll into Nissa made it's gut digest itself.
Planeswalkers aren't "ascended" being anymore than just "beings who can go to another plane" that leads to advantages, but they're basically still the same as their creature typeline.

You're right on the "tap into mana from other planes" part, but actually confirmed wrong on everything else. And I do mean everything. Even the "Learn magics at a far accelerated rate than others"
The spark gives them the ability to planeswalk. That is it.

>>49537656
They haven't said Gideon is Heracles yet, that's still fan conjecture.
>>
>>49537730
> common fucking sense
Have people really never read a single fucking article of MtG? I mean seriously. If you don't want to believe it, then so be it. But, it's not my job to learn you the Internet. Benefits of actually reading the content.
>>
>>49537794
he's the favoured hero of the God of Gods in the Greco-Roman pantheon, has powers directly related to said god, and grew up without a parent/either parent.
His entire story is a parallel to Perseus/Hercules, and the last bit of that is finding out that his father is Sunface

>>49537829
I feel like they're holding onto it until the Return to Theros. I wonder what they'll even call it; Theros: Monotheism?
>>
>>49537707
If planeswalkers can draw mana from other planes, then doesn't this give Gaia an even bigger advantage since she has been to more planes than her opponent?
>>
>>49537829
That's not just gameplay. Kiora held her own against Thassa. Then took her Bident. Also, look at Elspeth. It took two Gods and a war to kill her. While there are some select few creatures that can stand against Planeswalkers in power, generally they are significantly OP compared to other creatures. They kind of smack creatures around like they are nothing.
>>
>>49537829
The spark isn't what grants them powers. The spark is apart of who they are. Their powers come from an unknown source in the blind eternities that they draw their power from. They are cosmic beings trapped inside of mortal bodies. The mending blocked access to most of their power and has made them unable to leave their bodies and exist in the blind eternities link they used to be able to do. Planeswalkers aren't just random creatures who became something more. They are something more that was born inside the shell of a creature.

Also, everything I have mentioned is truth. You should explore the lore a bit more.
>>
>>49537921
Everyone also has gaping weaknesses though, because of their own personal focuses.

Gideon is invulnerable, but that doesn't make him immortal.
Jace's mind and illusion magic is really bad for fighting, which is why anything that's got hexproof or doesn't fall for his tricks would wreck his shit. (As we've actually seen, even.)
etc.
>>
>>49537879
Possibly. This all depends on what Gaia had chosen to do with her life. She is older and more experienced, so it is likely that she has learned many spells and accessed the mana from a multitude of lands from a multitude of planes. But, maybe she hasn't. Maybe she never saw them as being useful. Perhaps being a world core for so long has made her not experiencing as much as a neowalker who has dedicated themselves in the task of learning g other planes magics and lands.

It all comes down to Gaia's Anon.
>>
>>49537879
How dare you argue with logic instead of Murdy fanwanking!
>>
>>49537921
both of those are story-points, and as we pointed out with Ajani using the Conflux to defeat Nicol Bolas 1v1 they don't represent the whole. And besides, Kiora holding her own against Thassa was more "she started out alright, but then realised that she was FIGHTING A GOD and ran away with her tail between her legs and a stolen bident in her hand. Elspeth was killed pretty efficiently by a single god, and with the very weapon that he gave her that allowed her to kill a god in the first place. Without Godsend she wouldn't have been able to kill him; it was a weapon made BY a god to KILL a god, and it was used to kill Xanagod and then Elspeth

>>49537997
I dunno dude, it seems like it's pretty easy to kill planeswalkers post-mending. And the Mending itself is arguably proof that they're not cosmic beings. If they were then the Titans would have been effected the same way they were, and they seem pretty strong post-mending. Sparks are a one-in-a-million magical effect in a magical universe that allows people to open doors they wouldn't be able to normally. That's it. It used to be more, but then to old guys fucked everything up and the universe said "stop that shit."
>>
>>49537879
She still has to take time to find those planes and pull on her mana bonds with them. What it DOES mean is that if you were a red planeswalker trapped on pre-conflux Esper that only has white, blue, and black mana, you can use that bond to start burning shit.

>>49537921
>Kiora held her own
She got thrown around literally the entire fight, until she tried to summon an army of sea monsters. Thassa proceeded to turn Kiora's own army of sea monsters against her.
Taking the bident was a sign that planeswalkers can run away really, really well, not that they're particularly hard to kill.

>Elspeth
Elspeth is, and always has been, hyper-competent. It's what led her to feeling like an outsider in Bant. I estimate she'd be the neowalker who could beat an oldwalker like Ob if it came down to it.

>>49537997
>The mending blocked access to most of their power and has made them unable to leave their bodies and exist in the blind eternities link they used to be able to do
See, this is how I know you don't know the lore. They've never just "hung out in the blind eterneties while projecting themselves on a plane" like the eldrazi. They existed on the plane, they could just do whatever they wanted with their bodies.

>Planeswalkers have many capabilities that normal creatures do not
>Everyone on creative have said: Sparks do not grant any powers other than the ability to planeswalk.
Everything in your post is fanfiction. All of it. Except "The spark isn't what grants them their powers." That's right. They developed their own powers, the spark just lets them planeswalk.

>The spark is apart of who they are.
Then it'd be even more impossible for them to transfer sparks. Glissa can't just put all of her Glissaness into Slobad, Karn has had two different sparks from two different people. That's not an essence of "who they are."

Is this Vronak? I feel like this one is Vronak
>>
>>49538025
See, i think the big problem with Gaia is that according to what people are saying(infinite mana) she literally has no weaknesses. She has big answers, big tgreats, and huge ass ramp, to the point where apparently nothing is allowed to beat her except for uninterruptible infinite combos.
Speaking of that, splinter twin: planeswalker edition when?
>>
>>49538025
Yes, but that's usually by other Planeswalkers. Normal creatures don't tend to pose much of a threat to Planeswalkers. Every once and a while they do, but usually it's because they are exceptionally powerful of vastly outnumber them. But, Planeswalkers also have a multitude of spells at their disposal and tend to be able to out think or out power their opponents. Have you seen a single neowalker killed by a creature? Ever?
>>
>>49538112
Jace would have been killed by Varolz if Emmara hadn't stepped in.
>>
>>49538112
considering the only neowalkers we see on a regular basis are relevant to the story and thus have story-invulerability, no we haven't. We HAVE seen Jace almost get ruined by a bunch of unnamed werewolves, then a bunch of cultists, and since Jace is a main character it's safe to assume that if a non-story planeswalker was in a situation where a pack of werewolves or a group of cultists was attacking them they'd probably lose.
>>
>>49538112
>Jace almost gets killed and fed to Emrakul by a bunch of kor cultists
>Jace almost gets eaten by werewolves
>Jace almost gets eaten by a bunch of zombies
>Chandra and Nissa had to run from what's essentially a bunch of cops and their street sized Gearhulks.
>Taigam pushed Sarkhan's shit in until Sarkhan made a run for it.
>The Return to Ravnica book had Jace get almost killed by Exava and Ruric Thar, minimum.
>In fact, Ruric only didn't kill him because he thought Jace was hilarious for trying to bite him in the knee
>>
File: Infinite Reflection.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite Reflection.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>49538093
>Speaking of that, splinter twin: planeswalker edition when?
One of my flakes-in-progress uses pic related on herself to distract and confuse the enemy and hide her real self.
>>
>>49538043
Kiora panics over everything. Just because she didn't understand her opponent, doesn't mean she couldn't actually defeat Thassa.

And literally, Espeth fought in a war, then faught and killed a God, then handed over her weapon and was struck down when she was exhausted. It took a war and two Gods to kill her. Also, Godsend is just a special artifact. It's not what made Espeth powerful or gave her the capability of killing a God.

Also, this discussion is about creatures and Planeswalkers. Literally saying that a God is what you have to compare to a Planeswalker kind of proves my point. They aren't just normal creatures with the ability to planeswalk. They have a multitude of enchanced capabilities.
>>
>>49538133
This. Jace was sneaking around the Ravnican undercity (which is a terrible idea if you're not Golgari or Dimir), with stealth magic. Varolz sniffed him out and was about to physically crush him to death.

Jace is only saved at the last moment because Emmara Tandris, who is a friend of his, shows up with a bunch of elementals.
>>
>>49538093
>she literally has no weaknesses
This is why Gaia anon never intended her to fight another flake. I've been lurking since the beginning of the storm, and I remember when Gaia was made. Literally her anon said Gaia was intended to be more of a setting than a character, just like in old magic lore where pw just showed up in the background. Anon also said that he/she has no problems with making ultra powerful characters so long as there is some limiting factor on the character. Gaia's limiting factor that made ok to exist was the fact she was locked in a plane and in a coma. She was the "sleeping god" trope and could be activated as a plot tool at any point.
>>
>>49538112
>Have you seen a single neowalker killed by a creature? Ever?
That's literally like asking "Have you ever seen a named character get killed by a stormtrooper, ever?" Of course the fuck not, the walkers are the protagonists, so until Niv calls for planeswalkers to be Order 66'd, we're not going to see that.
>>
>>49538043
The mending didn't change Planeswalkers. It merely diminished their access to their source of power that they draw from. Nicol Bolas has proven this by his plan to try and reverse the affects of the Mending. He knows that they are still literal God-like being's and wants to obtain full access to their power once again.
>>
>>49533506
Oh, like?
>>
>>49538249
I remember having the Kamigawa cycle recommended to me by this thread, and am just starting reading it. It's ebook torrents were a bitch to track down, but eventually I found libgen.
>>
>>49538070
> See, this is how I know you don't know the lore. They've never just "hung out in the blind eterneties while projecting themselves on a plane" like the eldrazi. They existed on the plane, they could just do whatever they wanted with their bodies
This is how I know that you haven't read literally anything prior to the first Innistrad lore. This is literally the entire point of Nicol Bolas' plans. You are just bullshitting. And I'm done with you. Say whatever you want, I'm not going to say anything else on the topic.
>>
>>49538188
>Godsend is just a special artifact
>The spear forged by the god of the forge to kill gods
>That was imbued and powered up by the god of the sun
>Just a special artifact.
Right.
>It's not what made Espeth powerful or gave her the capability of killing a God.
It didn't even do that right. The Godsend didn't do shit against Xenagos. The gods are straight immortal.
Elspeth managed to kill Xenagos because Nylea shot him with an arrow while he was still a mortal planeswalker and he never removed it, thus leaving his heart and everything mortal. Elspeth hit that which killed him because he was still slightly mortal. The other gods don't have that flaw.
Kiora wasn't going to win even if Thassa didn't literally rip her army of sea creatures away from her, flush her down the ocean like a dead fish, and then pin her to the rocks at the bottom of it with said bident over the course of five minutes.
>>
>>49538169
So, literally never. Not a single Neowalker has ever died by the hands of a normal creature.
>>
>>49538282
>This is literally the entire point of Nicol Bolas' plans.
He wanted the power of an oldwalker back, because he was going senile without it and lost a lot of his powers. This is true. But nowhere in the lore was it ever stated that they were psuedo-eldrazi that didn't need to enter a plane and just existed in the blind eterneties. In fact we know the opposite because Sorin, Nahiri, and Ugin couldn't just oldwalk their way up to the blind eterneties and fight Emrakul and friends there. So, I'm going to need a source that said planeswalkers were native to the blind eternities.

But you won't. You'll just continue to pretend you're "I'm not going to play anymore!!!1!" tier temper tantrum proved you right. So I really do hope you fuck off like you say you are. If you're not Vronak, you're as bad as him.
>>
>>49538291
So, you're proving my point that Godsend is just a special artifact and nothing more.

Also, we don't even know that Xenogos is actually even dead.
>>
>>49538392
I'm also saying that Elspeth wouldn't have been able to beat Xenagos had he not been to prideful to remove the arrow after her became a god, showing that no, she did not win because of innate planeswalker power.

>>49538327
I can do you one better: Yawgmoth without powers, before father of machines, before phyrexia, before any of that. Killed an oldwalker by stabbing her, back when he was nothing but a normal man with a thing for biology magic.
>>
File: image.png (181KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
181KB, 750x1334px
>>49538372
How about you actually take the time and read up on the lore? It's not my responsibility to learn you the history of magic.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/era-planeswalker-2007-12-24
>>
>>49538496
Stabbing her with a blade made from a Powerstone. Yawgmoth wasn't the one who killed her. Shit, she didn't even die by that. It just paralyzed her.
>>
>>49538519
Yup, Vronak. Well I'm done here.
>>
>>49538519
You realise that's referring to Old Walkers, right? Also, it means that they were a conciousness based in energy that could choose to appear however they wished, it doesn't say anything about their sparks being based in the Eternities.
>>
>>49538582
They are cosmic energies. That will a physical manifestation of a body into existence for them to use. Where the fuck do you think they exist?

Also, you didn't even read shit. Don't look at the pic and think that is literally all of it. Shit, there are literally dozens of articles and novels over the topic.

>>49538572
> on phone
> must be Vronak
> disregards all facts because must be Vronak
A-are you retarded or something? Like seriously the level of autism that merits the disconnect from logical thought to the point of disregarding everything that doesn't make sense to you or that you haven't previously read or learned. Like nothing you don't already know could possibly exist?

That is your level of autism.
>>
>>49538649
The mtg salvation wiki has always, and I do mean ALWAYS been a "take with a grain of salt" source. So find some primary sources that say planeswalkers are all but eldrazi, or fuck off.
>>
>>49538659
> posted link
> doesn't bother fucking reading it
I'm done. Where is Vronak? I feel like joining the "piss people off" bandwagon.
>>
>>49538649
>>49538649
"The new breed of planeswalkers no longer display the near-omnipotence of their predecessors. While they are usually powerful mages, they are still physical beings that in general age normally, can be harmed, and need the same sustenance as other mortals. This is in stark contrast to the earlier planeswalkers. Some of them have managed to suppress or avoid some of these limitation by magical means; however, these are specific to each planeswalker...The Mending caused a change in the very rules of Multiverse and a change in the nature of the planeswalker sparks."

From literally not even a scroll away from what you were attempting to cherry pick.
>>
>>49538519
>>49538687
>Having "the planewalker spark" no longer means having near omnipotence. Yes, there are some very powerful planeswalkers, but there are also planeswalkers that are just a hair breadth's away from normal folk.
Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20080514054703/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/planeswalkers/week4

Now show me the relevant text in your link.
>>
>>49538649
>>49538692
>They are cosmic energies. That will a physical manifestation of a body into existence for them to use. Where the fuck do you think they exist?
With the bodies they choose to manifest. Why do you think they live in the blind eterneties? It's been said repeatedly that even oldwalkers couldn't spend that long in the eternities, why would they be native to it?
Here's official WotC's stance on it:
>Only Planeswalkers can survive there, and only for a limited time. Mortal beings without the Planeswalker spark are soon destroyed by raw entropy and uncontained mana that suffuses the Blind Eternities.
Source: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/you-are-planeswalker-2008-07-25
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 900x701px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 900x701px
Don't involve me in these shenanigans.
>>
>>49538755
Of note, that text was from an article when they were talking about oldwalkers and what was happening during the Time Spiral, meaning even oldwalkers could only survive the blind eternities for a little bit. If the spark and the planeswalkers themselves were native to the blind eternities, they probably wouldn't be killed by it within a few moments.
Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20080509092821/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/planeswalkers/week1
>>
Please christ somebody make a new thread and deliver us from this faggotry.
>>
>>49538954
If a new one isn't made by the time I get home, I'll make a new one.
>>
>>49539074
New thread
>>49539074
New thread
>>
>>49536016
>>49530464

Welp, so far it looks like this is where Izari finally bows out. Glad she made it this far. I felt relevant for a change, at least for a little while.

Still rooting for her though.

In fact, I think she would actually win this fight. She doesn't do a lot of flying, she can handle the little stuff and the big stuff, and can keep herself healthy.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.