[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General - Healing Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 55

File: 1457706135456.jpg (179KB, 900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1457706135456.jpg
179KB, 900x1500px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to BuMoNaNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49284448
>DocWagon Pricing Tiers.zdf
>First Aid.sklsft
>Standart or Nano: What Medkits are better.trid
>StreetDoc List Seattle.txt

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 58432 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Thanks for saving my ass that run, chummer. Without you I'd probably be Soy Farm Fertilizer by now'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Hippocratic_Oath.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Health and Healing edition.
Who does your healing? Do you have some chummer that cares for you? Do you regularly visit you local 'Doc? Or do you all just use Medkits and hope those cut it?
>>
File: Cybershop.jpg (678KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cybershop.jpg
678KB, 750x1000px
>>49298922
>Who does your healing? Do you have some chummer that cares for you? Do you regularly visit you local 'Doc? Or do you all just use Medkits and hope those cut it?

Saviour Medkit is a hell of a drug. Or swarm of nanobots that are better than any mere chemicals at keeping you on your feet.

After that, it's time for another sit-down with Sawbones, and another hour of getting stiched up while arguing that you really don't need some nearly new cyberlimbs, practically factory-fresh, no not even a foot, I don't care if it's the kind that 'Masher' Jones from the New England Patriots uses.
>>
>>49298922
>Who does your healing?
First the medkit, then the mage.

>Or do you all just use Medkits and hope those cut it?
With a 12 dice pool, it does better than most.
>>
>>49298922

We just don't get hurt, and what damage that we do take is healed up by time.
>>
>>49299031
>We just don't get hurt
Good Dodge?
Careful Planning?
Very High Armor? (Although in that case you still get hurt, just with Stun)
Reaction Enhancing of any kind?
All of the above
>>
Also:
Does a medkit heal Stun damage or just Physical?
>>
>>49299135
>Does a medkit heal Stun damage or just Physical?
Both. Either. Look up First Aid.
>>
>>49298922
Boob armour
>>
>>49299241
You gotta protect your girls, anon. They are precious things in this world

Plus one uncovers to reveal a cunningly altered nipple that doubles as a dataport while the other was converted into a machine gun barrel. In deference to being a medic she will try to aim her boobgun only at your ass.
>>
>>49299241
Tactical boob pouches. This is boob armour.
>>
>>49299086

Mainly just planning, and outnumbering our enemies. That, and not getting into fights in the 1st place if we can help it, usually fighting means shit has hit the fan. Also, enemies seem to target the trolls first if our spellcaster hasn't done anything yet, and they're Body 9 and 8, so even when they're buying hits they're healing 4 boxes of physical damage per day.
>>
>>49299296
>Tactical boob pouches.

Now there's a thought, is there cyberware for lots and lots of little pockets all over the place? Or would that just be covered under Smuggling Compartment?
>>
File: 1327690201063.jpg (17KB, 236x333px) Image search: [Google]
1327690201063.jpg
17KB, 236x333px
>>49299319
Skin pocket bioware.
>>
Thanks to the brilliant coordination of team and our helpful DM we have 2 runners with 12 dice in medicine + first aid, another with 9 in first aid and the mage brought Heal and Stabilize

Now anytime the medics get together to do non-critical medical stuff they argue (in character) because they have completely different medical backgrounds
>>
>>49299335

See, I read that in the context of boob pouches and the idea fits, but you KNOW someone has tried to argue that the vagina already counts as one. Or if they didn't, they paid to make it one.
>>
File: 1437174872547.jpg (99KB, 1193x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1437174872547.jpg
99KB, 1193x1000px
>>49299364
Who has points in medicine? That a big investment for something that is usually handled by a contact for long-term care.

Also, are you running with a bunch of eggheads? Decker and hermetic mage using LOG, sure, but who else?
>>
Why is it so difficult to find the 5e rulebook in a physical form? Did they stop printing it or something?
>>
File: 1442242821957.jpg (77KB, 666x675px) Image search: [Google]
1442242821957.jpg
77KB, 666x675px
>>49299494
>Did they stop printing it or something?

Yes. Supposedly there's another printing happening with Errata, but Ghost knows when that comes out.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1000x1506px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1000x1506px
>>49299364
One of my favourite things about medicine in Shadowrun is that due to the resurgence of magical and alchemical healing, you can have leeching as a viable medical practice.
>>49299494
Yup. CGL does a single big print run and waits for supply to run down before issuing a new run. Supposedly the new version should be released soon; no word on whether it's going to include proper errata or not. God knows Street Grimoire was a clusterfuck.
>>
>>49299293
I wonder if boob armour works off the same principle as sloped tank armour
>>
File: 1437207705293.jpg (50KB, 679x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1437207705293.jpg
50KB, 679x1211px
>>49299519
>you can have leeching as a viable medical practice

How? Magic doesn't mean that the four humours suddenly become valid medical theory. Unless you mean it's a MysAd with that animal companion power, and a leech buddy specced for healing, which is impractical but baller.
>>
>>49299515
>>49299519
Naturally the supplies run dry right when I'm looking to get Shadowrun onto the roster at my FLGS. I have the worst luck.
>>
>>49299545
>I wonder if boob armour works off the same principle as sloped tank armour
Nope, it works off the same principle as lingerie, or Greek muscle-plate.

Armor without cups protects better, the way way armor without pecs and abs works better.
>>
>>49299425
I'm the decker and I sunk points into the Biotech Skill Group to cover all the bases
The other healer is a combat medic (direct points in Medicine and First Aid)

It has paid off for both of us, the medic because he has done a lot of healing for the mage
And mine got me almost 200K in nuyen when I relieved a hit squad of their wired reflexes and cyber eyes (to the disgust of the rest of the team but fuck them)
>>
>>49299571
>How?
The same way praying to God makes angels appear to help you, in Christian Theurgy. Beliefs contextualize magic into existence, even if the actions themselves are bullshit.
>>
File: Reminder.jpg (108KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Reminder.jpg
108KB, 680x680px
>>49299578
No, CGL has the worst business practises.

It's not your fault, anon. It's not your fault.
>>
Different question.

Cyberzombies are badass fucked up things right?
What keeps people from simply rather then making someone supercybered beyond belief, simply just take that juicy cyberware and make a robot from the ground up?

I dont really see bots in Shadowrun, even drones are distinctly nonhumanoid.
>>
>>49299603
>I relieved a hit squad of their wired reflexes
How you managed to completely take someone's nervous system out of their body undamaged is beyond me.
>>
>>49299592
You don't think the sloped armour on breasts would help deflect shots (Whether to the side or to the sternum)?
>>
>>49299606
In even more basic terms:
Belief -> Power/magic -> Imbuing belief-related objects with power/magic = "Leeches heal people" -> Magical healing leeches
>>
>>49299653
Because humans are rather poorly designed for doing things they want robots to do.
>>
>>49299663
That doesn't seem physically possible.

>>49299687
More like it'd crush a woman's chest in because the slope would effectively be an indent pointed straight at her ribcage.
>>
>>49299663
GM approved, and they didn't raise any objections
Might have had something to do with the auto-injectors filled with poison that was triggered remotely
>>
>>49299296
>>
File: 1442027746706.jpg (84KB, 736x867px) Image search: [Google]
1442027746706.jpg
84KB, 736x867px
>>49299606
That doesn't mean leeching is viable. You're just good enough at magic that you can fix what's wrong with them, AND the fact that you're draining their blood.

>>49299653
They try making robots from the ground up. The problem is in the thinking. You can make a huge slab of steel that drives itself and uses a 40mm cannon, but they can't make it be as intelligent as a human. They've tried, and the results were Deus, Megara, all the other fucked up AI, and the first Crash.
>>
>>49299736
So you took the body home? I guess that makes a little more sense.
>>
>>49299750
>That doesn't mean leeching is viable.
The leeching is how you cast the magic, you fucking nerd, the same way that waving a willow branch over someone doesn't do shit until magic gets involved.

That's the entire point of what yekka said.
>>
>>49299734
>More like it'd crush a woman's chest in because the slope would effectively be an indent pointed straight at her ribcage.
If the armour was sufficiently strong, I am sure it would work just like a tank's sloped armour.

Not saying booby plate is exactly a great idea anyways, because as I said, there's about a 50% chance that it will go right in to the sternum.
>>
>>49299734
>That doesn't seem physically possible.

That's what Jimmy kept screaming, at least until the Narcoject kicked in.
>>
Any of you chummers have an archnemisis? A guy always one step ahead of you? A moriarty, a dinkleberg, a Dio?

That shit is so cash. Just got through a job where a thief we met before on an earlier job ended up beating the team to the punch on stealing an exhibit at a museum, and he and my character quipped while knife fighting on a full sized model of dinosaur bones, before he kicked my character away and left via the roof access and a grappling hook.

I felt like Batman or something.
>>
>>49299776
This guy.

>>49299750
Ah. But then why are Cyberzombies like infinite kill machines and drones are just "Disposable and tough"? Like that Dragonfall ogre who was essentially a flesh drone?
At least makes a interest rigger concept though.
>>
>>49299750
Shoulda gone with the basis that they made Blade Wolf with. Everyone always makes AIs out of data archives and huge swaths of hacking capabilities.

Deus, Megara, none of Shadowrun's AIs were designed using other means than being able to replicate themselves and infiltrate and spread out like a virus, with perfect recall memory due to everything being archival.

Meanwhile, Blade Wolf's intelligence was literally based on a human brain and a learning algorithm that went off of impressions and the like. They had to teach it to speak, and then how to read before it could ever begin to gorge itself on literature and information, and because it was never created with the ability to connect directly to the internet via a jack or wi-fi, it had to be fed data directly (most likely via some kind of USB port on its body). Furthermore, Blade Wolf's memory is "faulty" due to it being based on a human brain. It doesn't have perfect recall, but instead it can remember things based on "I might have seen that guy once two years ago - he looks kind of similar, but that's about the best I can tell you."
>>
File: 1437049915759.jpg (258KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1437049915759.jpg
258KB, 1024x1463px
>>49299790
>I felt like Batman or something.
>he kicked my character away and left via the roof access and a grappling hook.
Anon, I'm sorry to break it to you, but your nemesis is the Batman.
>>
>>49299773
You should look up what would happen if you had boob plate in real life.

It's not pretty.
>>
>>49299773
>If the armour was sufficiently strong
Then it would have a hole punched straight through it instead of flexing (like metal) or deforming (like kevlar).

Boob plate is bad.
>>
I'm considering a run I thought would be interesting, but I don't know how viable this will actually be.

The runners are supposed to kill a high ranking member of a Humanis group, no one will pray for him when he's dead, the hats fairly white for this.

However he has one thing that makes this a bitch, he bought a Super Platinum Docwagon contract and as soon as he takes serious injuries a HRT team will forcibly extract him.

But im worried that the players wont just, blow his head off and resolve the issue before the wagon people even show up.
>>
>>49299687
I was never a huge fan of the notion that arrows or bullets would somehow deflect into the heart off boob armor. I can see the argument that anything that can trap a blade would be bad, but typically how often does armor outright deflect in the real world? Maybe if it was a glancing blow or otherwise a low impact projectile. All is said and done there is really no place on your chest you want to be shot or stabbed. Heart, spine, lungs - ribs breaking and puncturing the heart or lungs. Sufficiently sized breasts could theoretically be helpful if anything that penetrates the armor stops in the fatty tissue reaching vital organs.

But forget all that shit. These are games where people take a fireball to the face or a grenade thrown at their feet and it shaves off some HP. Who gives a crap if armor has boob plates or is a chainmail bikini as long as the armor rating is the same. It's when people try to jigger the rules claiming it shouldn't be that it gets pissy. It's a game with cyberpunk elves and orks, if people are trying to push realism they should just be told to sit down and shut the fuck up. Game on.
>>
File: 1444084373464.jpg (425KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444084373464.jpg
425KB, 1920x1080px
>>49299823
>But then why are Cyberzombies like infinite kill machines and drones are just "Disposable and tough"?

I don't understand what you mean by this. Cyberzombies are always on the brink of coming apart, their souls nailed to their chromed bodies with magic. Full on 'less than 0.0 essence' cyberzombies are already dead, medical science can just keep them going for a few months more than regular corpses.

As for drones, it's dead easy to make a factory that cranks out 200 Duelists a day, but much harder to get a team of specialized cybersurgeons and medimages to turn a metahuman into a cyberzombie.
>>
>>49299335
Have a bigger pic.
>>
IMPROVED ABILITY (SKILL)
Cost: 0.5 PP per level
This power increases the Rating of a specific Combat, Physical, Social, Technical, or Vehicle skill per level of the power. You need to know the skill in order to buy this power for it, and you can’t buy it for skill groups. The maximum improvement possible is your current skill level x 1.5 (rounded up).

If you have a 6 skill, how many points of bonus can you add?

Can you add 3, up to a cap of 9?

Or can you add 9, since the improvement cap is skill x1.5?
>>
>>49299919
Okay so cyberzombies are effectively dead inside.

However cyberzombies tend to also be stuff like the Willies or MK VI. Aka, really really dangerous. I was confused why that 1% of humanity was such a game changer.
>>
File: AI.jpg (302KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AI.jpg
302KB, 1500x1000px
>>49299832
Morgan/Megara was based on a human brain, iirc. Alice Haeffner, member of Echo Mirage, who got trapped in the Matrix due to her work as the first e-ghost.

Deus, Imago, etc., were either attempts to recreate that, to create artificial intelligence wholesale, or strange misfirings within the dense codejungle of the Matrix that bred new life.
>>
>>49299833
Man, the Beyond Batsuit must be some fuckin' Delta-grade shit if you consider all the things crammed into it.

Off the top of my head, it has at least the following:
- A full-body armour with strength-enhancing gyros
- Claws capable of penetrating concrete
- Jet-thrusters
- Foldable glider wings
- Projectile (Batarang) launchers
- Grappling hook launchers
- A retractable breather mask
- A cloaking device
- An electricity field/aura projector
- Multiple frequencies of vision, from infrared to ultraviolet
- A commlink with vidfeed
>>
>>49299833
It was all part of the plan. The two times he got the better of me was just act one and two of the show. Once I find his crime lair loaded with memorabilia, I'll be able to beat him just fine.
>>
>>49299906
The problem with modern armor isn't that the force gets deflected to the sternum - that's more the issue with historical breastplate. Historical breastplate domes outward and often has a keel running down the center because THAT is how you have tank-like slope armor, designed to deflect blows away from the organs.

Rather, the problem with modern armors having individual cups instead of just a uniform, fitted, flat slab of armor is that kevlar works best when it's firmly fitted, and the boob cups give it WAY too much room to deform all the way into your rib cage before the kevlar will finally go taught and spread the force out.

That and dome-shaped ceramic panels will push the edge of the panel against the wearer when hit, rather than the flatter, larger back side, and that's also a recipe for pain.
>>
>>49300000
That's what they all say. It never works.
>>
>>49299603
Pretty much this, yes. >>49299697
The leeches essentially act as a geasa. Same reason psionics are a thing in the sixth world.
>>49299832
Not really how the Shadowrun AIs work,almost none of them have been created intentionally.
>>49299966
Nope, Morgan emerged from a semi-autonomous knowbot, what's now called an agent.
>>49299939
Have a bigger pic.
>>49299942
9 or your MAG, whichever is lower.
>>
>>49299981
>Delta-grade
Only affects Essence costs. It wouldn't give anything higher Capacity.

But yes, it'd be some bleeding-edge shit, and considered as remarkable in Shadowrun as it is in Beyond.
>>
>>49300023
9 total rating, including the boost, or 9 total rating BOOST from the power or magic whichever is lower?
>>
File: 1449247275991.jpg (74KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
1449247275991.jpg
74KB, 800x484px
>>49299879
"Blowing his head off and resolving the issue before the Wagon people show up" sounds like exactly what they want to do, and the challenge of the run.

Super-Platinum is the kind of thing that responds in 3 minutes or less with a full HTR team if there's so much as a blip on the biomonitor, with a load of personally cloned blood and organs. The players need to kill the guy, do it fast, and do it so thoroughly that even the advanced technology of Shadowrun can't bring him back, and do it FAST.

I'd play that run.
>>
>>49300023
>Have a bigger pic.
Too big. Emersion ruined!
>>
>>49300031
Fair dos. Someone once told me Delta-grade referred to 'military-grade', so I just kind of took to calling anything in the 'ridiculous, experimental military' territory of tech as Delta-grade.
>>
>>49299959
>I was confused why that 1% of humanity was such a game changer

Again, I'm not sure I follow you. It's way less than 1% of humanity (there's probably less than twenty full cyberzombies, considering only a couple of corps have the know-how and resources to make them). They're not game-changers in the practical world so much as they are valuable research subjects in how far you can push Essence, and a fucking horrifying event once in a blue moon in some backwater state.
>>
>>49300065
Delta-grade is the opposite of military-grade. The military runs on 'lowest bidder' mentality. They want all of their shit to be from the most cost-effective supplier without it being downright faulty. Standard-grade 'ware is the military standard.

Delta-grade? That's for rich people who are too rich for normal custom jobs, they need a goddamn unique work of art as their 'ware. Something so perfectly fitted down to the last micron that every custom-designed piece of it feels as natural as their organic body ever did.

And all of that only refers to 'ware - cyberware, bioware, that kind of thing.

What you're thinking of is 'milspec.'
>>
>>49300000
Sorry, Nygma, that bat won't roost. At least you have your quints to console you.
>>
File: No Fun.jpg (130KB, 302x356px) Image search: [Google]
No Fun.jpg
130KB, 302x356px
New player here, friend has roped me into playing a game with him. Any tips on how to keep alive? Making a boring as fuck Street-Samurai Human.
>>
>>49300128
Armor, Reaction, Intuition. That's how you keep alive.

That and having enough Initiative to shoot your enemies before they can shoot you.
>>
>>49300002
The fact that it's a fantasy-scifi game makes it moot.

Modern weaponry, especially military grade, typically is the bigger problem. Bullets eventually drove the old plate armor out of style. Things like kevlar, man, you get hit in the chest, even if it doesn't penetrate you'll still have the wind knocked out of you. You'll have a monster sized bruise, could still have cracked or broken ribs, and a sufficient impact over the heart could damage it. Our defensive technologies struggle as best they can but are usually very much outpaced by our ability to kill.

What's the next big thing after ceramic? Nanocarbonfiberblahblah, spidersilkweaveyaddayadda? Pray for forcefields, which are probably physics bending bullshit pipedreams.
>>
File: hexus_reanimates.gif (2MB, 480x295px) Image search: [Google]
hexus_reanimates.gif
2MB, 480x295px
>>49300106
There's also the way that they're basically an Astral version of Tim Curry's pollution-monster from Ferngully.
>>
>>49300111
Again, fair dos. Was just a habit of mine, is all.
>>
>>49300142
>The fact that it's a fantasy-scifi game makes it moot.
It doesn't. Shadowrun uses ballistic fabrics and ceramic impact plates, same as real life.

Individual boob cups are bad, and work against modern armor design for a different reason but just as thoroughly as they did with archaic plate.
>>
File: Don't Be That Guy.jpg (409KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Don't Be That Guy.jpg
409KB, 1280x1024px
>>49300128
Spend the money on a good armour jacket with nonconductivity and fireproofing mods, and a helmet. Get lots of initiative.

And play an Orc or something, man. It's Shadowrun, live a little.
>>
>>49300142
>The fact that it's a fantasy-scifi game makes it moot.
If that were true it wouldn't be possible to die from shit that kills normal people in real life in Shadowrun if you don't have a mage or Doc Wagon handy to save your ass.

Protip: You can, and you will.
>>
So whats the process for how an ex cop ends up in the shadows?

I know there are plenty of why's but how? to be a cop you need a SIN right? do you just throw it away and move to another city? do you pay to have someone erase you like at the start of Hong Kong? Do you fake your death?
>>
>>49300173
>It doesn't. Shadowrun uses ballistic fabrics and ceramic impact plates, same as real life.

They just have different armor ratings form each other that aren't modified based on whether the character image has boob plates or not. THAT is why it doesn't matter.

If someone tries to argue that the character image negates the armor rating or should be substandard, that's just silly nonsense.
>>
>>49300136
>>49300175
I'll keep that in mind. I usually play other races in DnD and other stuff, never really tried playing a human before. Orc might be good for being a street samurai I imagine however.
>>
>>49300043
Sorry, pressed send too early. 9 total rating including the boost.
>>49300054
HAVE A BIGGER PIC.
>>
>>49300175
>nonconductivity and fireproofing
Personally, I go for chemical protection and a medkit on my armor (plus a biomonitor for the medkit, and electrochromatic clothing because it's worth it to look fly). But, then, my runner's in Seattle, so he needs to worry about acid rain. If he was in LA, he'd probably be more concerned with radiation.

The protections you pack on your armored jacket should usually represent whatever hazard you're likely to run into in normal life, assuming it's what you wear when out in the streets.

That, and medkits built into armor are just the absolute fucking shit.
>>
>>49300204
The game merely provides base armors for the materials of the armor, it doesn't care about the actual design. The fact that you're arguing both real world and fantasy (mages and Doc Wagon aren't real anon) should clue you in that the game ignores reality where convenient. Whether an armor has boob plates or not is one of those things it's ignored, at least in every edition I've read.
>>
>>49300208
Probbably all of the above....
OR your a cop in deep cover and Lone Star is temporarailly obscuring your sin for the length of the mission.

Could be a fun pc, so long as you arent intending to turn on the actual pcs.
>>
File: Police.jpg (153KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
Police.jpg
153KB, 600x821px
>>49300208
Cops would have a SIN, yes; either a national SIN, or they're one of the rare few citizens of Lone Star (or the somewhat less rare Ares citizen who worked for KE), or a citizen of some other corp who worked for their security.

Faking your death doesn't really work with SINs; it'll list you as dead, but if your DNA and retinal scans show up someplace, that's that. You can get the Erased quality from Run Faster, move to where nobody knows your face, or just hide in plain sight. Be Joe Doughnut, retired beat cop during the day, and at night you make sure to bring plenty of C-squared with you on your runs. Handy for keeping your contacts on the force and staying in the loop about any investigations.
>>
>>49300238
>Orc might be good for being a street samurai I imagine however.
Orks are great for melee. They have huge Strength and Body, and don't take a penalty to their movement speeds the way Trolls and Dwarves do.

Pick up a cyber-spur, and go to town.

Logic and Charisma are your dump stats. They're the only attributes that it doesn't really matter for a Street Samurai to have.

Body is for soak, Strength is for melee damage and recoil compensation, Agility is for your accuracy to hit people, Reaction is for your initiative and your ability to dodge, Intuition is for your initiative and your ability to dodge, and Willpower is for your Stun (nonlethal) damage track.

I'd describe Street Samurai as being the most attribute-intensive character archetype, personally, but others might disagree.
>>
>>49300260
>Could be a fun pc, so long as you arent intending to turn on the actual pcs.

Naah hence the ex cop part. He left the force after...something. I dont know yet, probably dead friends and corruption.
>>
>>49300152
>>49300106
I was just curious what makes WILLIEs super powerful threats that lie in dumpsites and equivalent drones are mostly not seen.
>>
>>49300208
I could see someone with a lone star sin losing their job and sin when lone star lost the Seattle contract.
>>
>>49300258
>Whether an armor has boob plates or not is one of those things it's ignored
Because the game just assumes you wear real, reasonable armor, rather than including separate stats for 'and if you're dumb enough to go with a shittier, less-protective design, here's the stats for it.'

Holy shit, this is some of the most autistic shit I've ever seen in a Shadowrun thread, and that's saying a whole fucking lot.

We get it. Your current character is wearing an armored corset and you want to justify it as acceptable. We get it, and we don't care. You do you - enjoy your character and your game, chummer.
>>
File: Seeing Things On The Internet.gif (991KB, 233x369px) Image search: [Google]
Seeing Things On The Internet.gif
991KB, 233x369px
>>49300246
You're a madman!
>>
>>49300258
>The fact that you're arguing both real world and fantasy (mages and Doc Wagon aren't real anon)

I'm arguing that shit that kills people in real life kills people just as easily in Shadowrun, you mook. For example, if I drop a fucking car on your unaugmented chest, you're going to die, or at the very least have a crushed ribcage, regardless of your armour's materials.

Your cocky 'mages and Doc Wagon aren't real' falls short when the argument isn't about the existence of magic and super-medicine, but about basic common sense on design structures. Or would you argue that since the game doesn't mention any kind of ruling about putting a left-foot shoe on your character's right foot, that it ignores reality on that front as well? After all, the shoe is made of the same base material as the other one.
>>
>>49300291
Cheers chummer!
>>
>>49300329
>Because the game just assumes you wear real, reasonable armor, rather than including separate stats for 'and if you're dumb enough to go with a shittier, less-protective design, here's the stats for it.'
Anon, I hate to break it to you but they don't care if it's realistic armor or not. They don't care if your armor has a cleavage cut or not.

The autism is expecting a blatant fantasy game to appease your need not to be triggered when you feel reality is broken by a game that otherwise breaks reality on every page of the manual.
>>
>>49300293
Maybe he left the force after he was asked to kill a cybered up kid during a SWAT raid gone wrong.
>>
>>49300350
The game accounts for the blunt for trauma of something like a car falling on you, anon. It doesn't account for "bullet deflecting off your boob into your heart" or other bullshit.

This isn't difficult.
>>
File: 1465476085438.jpg (215KB, 810x824px) Image search: [Google]
1465476085438.jpg
215KB, 810x824px
>>49300323
>I was just curious what makes WILLIEs super powerful threats that lie in dumpsites and equivalent drones are mostly not seen.

Because that's a story, anon. 2D's GM wanted there to be cyberzombies, and lo there were cyberzombies. The ones that Aztechnology actually uses canonically are Shorn Ones: a pair of special deep-infiltration operatives, one initiated mage and one cyberzombie, sent on the most covert and dangerous missions.

There are dangerous drones out there (just read Rigger 5), it is just cheaper and more efficient to have 5 roto-drones that tag-team someone than it is to try and build one super-awesome robot.
>>
>>49300208
You'd think that cops would have their own 'deniable assets', SINless detectives and trained agents who go deep cover or engage in questionable activity. Make your cop one of them.
>>
>>49300409
>You'd think that cops would have their own 'deniable assets'
They're called Shadowrunners. Sometimes they're put on retainer, when they've proven too valuable to leave as freelance.
>>
>>49300106
>there's probably less than twenty full cyberzombies, considering only a couple of corps have the know-how and resources to make them
More than you'd think, by the 2070s.

>Aztechnology’s model has since been reverse engineered by several megacorps, though exactly how remains a mystery

>Saeder-Krupp’s cybermantic program has been running almost as long as the Azzies

>NeoNET inherited both Novatech’s and Transys Neuronet’s cybermantic research programs and R&D has continued to pursue this project under Celedyr’s direction

>Ares Macrotech got a leg up on Azzie cybermantic research somehow—I suspect their acquisition of Cross’s intelligence assets and Info- Santé may factor in to the equation

>Mitsuhama went the other way; they assembled an elaborately capable medical team at their Kyoto clinic and then extracted a team of “dissident” cybermantic technicians from Aztechnology during the project’s purges

>the founding members of the [Universal Omnitech]’s project [...] all three hailed from an obscure Zulu tribe, known as the Heavenherds
>>
>>49300447
>trusting shadowrunners for long term undercover operations

I'm talking the sort of shit that you dont go to mercenaries for. I mean shit corps use runners, doesnt mean they dont have spies and spec ops as well on the payroll
>>
>>49300452
>Ares Macrotech got a leg up on Azzie cybermantic research somehow
The meta reason is because the devs want Ares to be able to go full Robocop. Robocop is, after all, what cyberzombies are based on, and Ares is based out of Detroit for that very reason.
>>
>>49300250
>Personally, I go for a medkit plus a biomonitor

I usually take a definite 'inner layer' for that - either a HEL suit or YNT Softweave FFBA. Whether you need the biomonitor is up to the GM. I'd want to assume a wireless capable medkit is capable of telling whether the patient is dead or not.
>>
>>49300491
>Whether you need the biomonitor is up to the GM.
I take the biomonitor for various contingency triggers. I'm sure the medkit can tell all on its own whether you need to be resuscitated, but I have it kick in at certain levels of Stun/Physical, when I'm poisoned, all kinds of shit. Having the kind of comprehensive medical readout that a biomonitor can feed to the medkit is just the smart thing to do.

Also, I avoid layering non-stacking armor like that, at least in 5e.
>>
File: Cyberzombie Hospital.jpg (120KB, 680x828px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberzombie Hospital.jpg
120KB, 680x828px
>>49300452
Where are you getting that? Chrome Flesh says,
> Currently only four megacorporations can reliably produce viable subjects, but at least a dozen others are in various stages of securing the facilities, equipment, personnel, and supplies needed to launch their own projects. Of the four active corps, two of them have produced over one hundred functional subjects, the third has subject numbers up to seventy-eight but did not list viability with their data, and the last has fourteen viable subjects and is in the process of making their fifteenth. They aren’t churning these people out, but the rate of production has increased steadily over the past decade.

So way more than I originally thought (though who knows how many are still alive), but not being produced by many. Evo is listed as a probably 5th producer, using them in the Yakut.
>>
>>49300246
MAKE IT BIGGER
>>
>>49300557
You fool, why would you want the cyber cat to get even larger and stronger!?
>>
>>49300477
Robocop is a Cyborg. Cyberzombies != Cyborgs.

>>49300513
>I'm sure the medkit can tell all on its own whether you need to be resuscitated
You'd want to hope it can do a bit fucking more than that.

>>49300535
Augmentation.

Chrome Flesh still puts the "less than twenty" figure to rest.

>Currently only four megacorporations can reliably produce viable subjects, but at least a dozen others are in various stages of securing the facilities, equipment, personnel, and supplies needed to launch their own projects.
Exactly how many of those 'dozen others' are truly behind on viable subjects seems subjective.

>Of the four active corps, two of them have produced over one hundred functional subjects, the third has subject numbers up to seventy eight but did not list viability with their data, and the last has fourteen viable subjects and is in the process of making their fifteenth.
>>
>>49300513
>Also, I avoid layering non-stacking armor like that, at least in 5e.
No idea how you're ever going to hide FFBA without relying solely on it's shitty AV, then.
>>
>>49300613
>Robocop is a Cyborg.
Robocop is a full-on cyberzombie. He's way past the point of death, his mind has nearly fallen apart, and he's far more machine than man, with his life being maintained only artificially and barely.

He's literally what cyberzombies were modeled after. I don't mean they're approximately similar - I mean that's literally what the devs based them on.
>>
>>49300625
>No idea how you're ever going to hide FFBA without relying solely on it's shitty AV, then.
By not even wearing it? FFBA is something that literally every character wore in 4e, but it's something that I've never even considered for any of mine in 5e. Maybe as a concealed armor to wear under normal clothes/disguises, but that's it.

I'm saying I just get the Armored Jacket, I don't wear other non-stacking armor layers underneath.

>>49300613
>You'd want to hope it can do a bit fucking more than that.
I've never had a GM rule that it does. Medkits, by default, can't even trigger on their own - you have to have a user press the button/send the signal to 'start first aid.'

If you want full, detailed medical diagnostics to help determine when to automatically trigger the dormant-until-activated medkit, you get the Biomonitor.
>>
>>49300350
>Or would you argue that since the game doesn't mention any kind of ruling about putting a left-foot shoe on your character's right foot, that it ignores reality on that front as well? After all, the shoe is made of the same base material as the other one.

I guarantee you someone has made a stupid ork who mixes up his right and left shoes and no the rules don't give a shit.
>>
>>49300632
Neither Robocop has been a great deal more than a brain with a face draped over the casing. That's a cyborg.

>>49300663
>I'm saying I just get the Armored Jacket, I don't wear other non-stacking armor layers underneath.
Try another tack, then. In-setting, how do you feel about your medkit cutting through the clothes that aren't your armoured jacket (... I suppose I should ask if you run naked under an armoured jacket, but I want to assume you don't) and the questionable state of your jacket medkit healing shots to your legs.
>>
>>49300696
>2077

>not having the RFIDs in your shoes, socks, and pants co-ordinate to get you dressed correctly in the morning
>>
>>49300731
I think that would no work, no. This ork appears to need someone to dress him. Sounds like a cyber implant surgeon fucked up his brain. Or maybe someone hit him over the head with one too many cars.
>>
What's good about magical healing?
>>
>>49300772
You spend your first run's paycheck on a drone with an arm and an Autosoft to help you put your shoes on. Thats the future, chummer.
>>
>>49300793
See your trying to find smart solutions but your forgetting that the reason we are in this mess is because the orks a dumbass.
Orks going to buy the first thing it sees thats shiny.
>>
>>49300793
That's when he becomes convinced the bad metal thing is trying to steal his "sole" and clubs it to death with the party's dwarf.
>>
File: 1442271644099.jpg (57KB, 600x506px) Image search: [Google]
1442271644099.jpg
57KB, 600x506px
>>49300781
It can be stacked with mundane healing, if you do it right, giving you some boxes back quickly on a run. Plus Stabilize is a great spell.
>>
>>49300724
>In-setting, how do you feel about your medkit cutting through the clothes that aren't your armoured jacket
Glad my shirt's dead, and not my entire body.

>the questionable state of your jacket medkit healing shots to your legs
About how I feel about an unattended fits-in-a-fucking-pocket medkit being able to perform first aid to a troll shot in various different places throughout his body - not questioning it. Fluff a failed roll as it being unable to reach the target area, if it's sufficiently immersion-breaking.

That said, First Aid doesn't cover Trauma Surgery or long-term care - both of those are under Medicine. I'm pretty sure all a first aid kit does is apply coagulants, painkillers, antibiotics, compression bandages, and the occasional tourniquet.
>>
>>49300781
>What's good about magical healing?
It's instant, doesn't leave a scar, and you can stack it on top of mundane healing (though not vice versa) making it hilariously effective when used in conjunction with (but not as a replacement for) conventional medical treatments.
>>
>>49300696
I mean the GM could make it a home rule that shoes on the wrong feet is a -1 penalty for running or something
>>
>>49300836
Ok. Not that I really give a shit what you do at your table, but we pretty clearly don't agree on much. Have fun with that.
>>
>>49300864
>Have fun with that.
You too, omae.
>>
>>49300864
Not that guy, but what do you think that a biomonitor does that a medkit can't, then?

Because a biomonitor is a 300 nuyen investment, while a Rating 1 medkit fits in a pocket, takes up the same Capacity, and only costs 250, plus its other features.

What niches does a more-expensive-than-a-basic-medkit fill, if a medkit already has a more or less perfect diagnostic of your health?
>>
>>49300846
You could. Personally I wouldn't. I don't like to complicate my games with a lot of tacked on stuff unless it's absolutely necessary. There are games that push for hard realism in terms of combat and damage. Shadowrun is escapism. It's supposed to be fantastical and fun. Feels like this argument over boob plate happens with ridiculous regularity on /tg/ but when all is said and done it's just a game. There are more important things to argue about, like whose turn it is to pay for the pizza.

I don't personally care about what rules COULD be put in place as long as people follow the rules that are.
>>
>>49301173
>There are games that push for hard realism in terms of combat and damage. Shadowrun is escapism.
I strongly disagree. Have you ever looked at the penalty charts in the core rulebook alone? It very much lends itself towards gritty penalization.
>>
How bad is insomnia for a mage, really?
>>
>>49301227
It's got a entire playstyle called pink mohawk. It's not so leaning.
>>
>>49301227
And if they didn't see the need to include it I don't feel an overwhelming need to add it. There's already more than enough to deal with without multiplying the crap you need to track in the game.
>>
File: Biker.jpg (58KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
Biker.jpg
58KB, 600x526px
>>49301257
To be fair, Pink Mohawk is an informal style. Playing SR by the rules includes using the ludicrous pages on swimming and drowning.

If you were to play SR by the rules, it's super crunchy. It's just that nobody actually plays it by the rules.
>>
>>49301154
>Not that guy, but what do you think that a biomonitor does that a medkit can't, then?
Comes free with an medicorp contract? Low rated medkits are kinda shit, though, and "fits in a pocket" only matters when you don't have it attached/set up in your clothing to go wireless and work on you at a moments notice.

I'd sooner use a Saviour Medkit. Expert systems don't take up much space (it's a talky computer for directing medical procedures) and even a full litre of nanites shouldn't take up that much room if stored in smaller amounts over your body.

>While this is simply an implanted version of the standard biomonitor, its cybernetic nature allows it to integrate the user’s augmentations into calculations so that, for instance, a user’s bone structure will not read as damaged just because they have plastic implants.
Standard biomonitors are kinda crap unless you're serious about remaining at 6.0 essence. (5.0 for Infected)
>>
>>49301305
So you're saying that the entire point of a biomonitor - which is more expensive than a basic medkit - is that it can get implanted (in a later book) for cheap, while a medkit costs more essence?

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

What does a biomonitor do that a medkit cannot that justifies it costing 50 nuyen more despite not offering any actual medical services?

Does a Rating 1 medkit in your games offer all of the diagnostic features of a biomonitor, or does it have exclusive diagnostic abilities that justify it costing more?
>>
>>49301332

Just got here, and I'm too lazy to read the other posts:

Biomonitor is something that reads your biometrics. A med kit has supplies, that are used upon its use.

A biomonitor can be hooked up to a Med kit, so that, under certain conditions, it automatically activates and does its wireless jazz.

Biomonitor could be hooked up to other things, such as an auto injector, or a commlink program to call a friend, or any number of other things.
>>
>>49301392
>I'm too lazy to read the other posts
I can tell.
>>
This reminds me of something I hope doesn't cause some shit but games during character gen that point out that there is no physical or mental differences between genders. You don't see it quite as often where That Guy absolutely flips out because, "This is bullshit, men have more upper body strength so female characters should role a penalty" etc. ad nauseum.

Some stuff is just best avoided for the sake of your sanity.
>>
>>49301332
... I've pointed out that basic biomonitors are shit when you have any cyber. Any justification of price won't come from me.

SR is hardly the poster system for logical pricing. Just off the top of my head, there's a bike in R5 that's more expensive and less capable than a core book bike.
>>
>>49301439
Does said bike have a lowercase i in front of the name?
>>
>>49300576
Well I, for one, want to fuck out new giantess cyber cat overlords.
>>
>>49301439
>>49301332
I don't have a horse in this race, but I'm pretty sure that a medkit has to perform diagnosis actions using its own autonomous dice pool (since, you know, all it can do is perform First Aid actions, of which diagnosis is one) while a Biomonitor just always has automatic real-time diagnostics of the user's health.

Since, you know, that's literally all that it does.

So, it's not that a good medkit can't do what a Biomonitor can - it can. It just takes time (actions) and a dice roll to do what the Biomonitor does entirely automatically and in real-time.

That's what I figure, anyway.
>>
>>49301418
>No difference
Realistically, that's completely false.
For game purposes, especially when you're dealing with a short scale of 1-6? Sure, waive it.
>>
>>49301525
Unfortunately we've achieved maximum nyan, I can't give it any more. Also, >fuck out
>>
>>49301568
Games can have modifiers for Slight Build/Small Frame but then those are treated equally too.

Some headaches are best avoided.
>>
>>49301565
That's a good justification. Still not a big fan of the air breathing mermaid that is "external biomonitors can't handle cyber", but I'm just not that fussed to deal with it.
>>
Are there any negative qualities that either reduce the number of wound boxes you have or dramatically amp up the amount of damage that biofeedback does?

Because I want my rigger to be really fucking scared of dumpshock, but it's really just not a serious threat - in and of itself - at all.
>>
>>49301682
There's a quality for being afraid of dumpshock.
>>
>>49301772
>There's a quality for being afraid of dumpshock.
I'm not just looking for a Phobia - I want a real, serious reason to be afraid, where even coldsim dumpshock has a serious risk of overflowing into Physical.
>>
>>49301682
>>49301814
I've just checked Core, DT and R5
I got nothing, only quality I can find is a positive quality to resist Biofeedback, sorry chummer
>>
>>49301682
>6S (cold) or 6P (hot) biofeedback, resisted with Willpower + Firewall.
>Disoriented (-2 to all actions, p409) for (10 – Willpower) minutes
You could try Allergy: Dumpshock (Severe & Extreme will do unresisted damage per minute, which means at least a few extra pips), Low Pain Tolerance, or Scorched, just from the core book.
>>
>>49301682
The main danger of dumpshock is that it's usually paired with some biofeedback. And in the worse case, you are just rolling Will against 6 damage, and have already taken enough biofeedback that you don't have to worry about the -2 penalty, you'll be out.

>>49301647
Despite the probable intent, I feel it's actually more sensical if the implanted one automatically and non-wirelessly integrates and considers your other cyberware, whereas an external one needs to be wireless bonus-ly sharing info with the implants and be properly set up.
>>
>>49301917
If your GM isn't married to RAW, you could also ask for Sensitive System to apply to Biofeedback.
>>
>>49301878
Hey, I appreciate you even putting forth the effort to help. Thanks, omae.

Relatedly, the only qualities I can find that affect health levels are ones that give you more boxes, or Redliner.

>>49301917
>Allergy: Dumpshock (Severe & Extreme will do unresisted damage per minute, which means at least a few extra pips)
That could definitely work. Have the character keep taking damage during the disorientation effect, or something?

>Low Pain Tolerance
I'm more looking for something that'll cause dumpshock to risk serious overflow than just something to worsen wound penalties.

>Scorched
Could mesh well with the Allergy, yeah.

>>49301941
>The main danger of dumpshock is that it's usually paired with some biofeedback.
Oh, I get that. I just want an even bigger amount of danger. Where dumpshock - in and of itself - seriously risks knocking a character out (or killing them, for hotsim) rather than something that's only truly, seriously dangerous for someone who already ate some damage from something else.
>>
>>49299653
>even drones are distinctly nonhumanoid.
>>
>>49301997
What book is that from?
>>
>>49301997
I wish CGL would stop being all "lel subversion - any humanoid drones you can buy during chargen are shit!"
>>
>>49299653
>What keeps people from simply rather then making someone supercybered beyond belief, simply just take that juicy cyberware and make a robot from the ground up?
Nothing at all. Take a Direktionssekretar, upgrade its cyberlimbs to the max, give it as much armor as its Body allows, and then dress it in metahuman armor and weapons. Assuming you gave it Hardened Milspec as its equipped armor, congrats! You have a nigh-unstoppable killing machine, at least until someone busts out some serious AP rounds.

The main drawback to this method is that the Pilot score is the limiting factor. Its Pilot is 4 and cannot be upgraded. That means its non-cyberlimb-based dice pools top out at 8 (10 with an RCC running its autosofts). The plus side is that things like, say, shooting a gun? Use its cyberlimb stats for a maximum dice pool of 12 (14 with an RCC, 15 with a Smartsoft).

Oh, and the fact that this costs about a quarter million to make, before the RCC and hardened milspec and stuff even come into the equation.

But all things considered, murderbots are definitely a solid, serious option, and the main thing holding them back is the cultural stigma against them ever since the Renraku Arcology.
>>
>>49301994
It could, if you want to just have him be afraid, make it like beestings. It's not particurally dangerous but its basically your brain spazzing out, and going through it is such a nightmare no one in their rational mind will ever try it again.
>>
>>49302042
>I wish CGL would stop being all "lel subversion - any humanoid drones you can buy during chargen are shit!"
Then take a look at the Direktionssekretar in Rigger 5.0. They really threw us a bone with that beauty.
>>
>>49302116
Yar ... I remembered R5 after that, and that the Tan Dem was Av:16F. Still, drones in 5e are kinda frail.
>>
>>49302152
>drones in 5e are kinda frail
Yes and no. They ignore all Stun damage, so if you have a big, tanky one with enough armor to downgrade Physical to Stun, they go from fragile to instead absurdly tough.

That, and most GMs that I've talked to are more than willing to let you put an Armored Jacket and a Helmet on an anthroform drone.

The trick is getting them the armor they need - the smaller ones simply can't mount that kind of protection, and remain fragile at best.
>>
>First Aid, Medicine, or magical means can stop the damage taken from the anaphylactic shock.
What kind of First Aid roll would that be? What difficulty would the test face? I can't find any information on actually treating an allergy with First Aid other than the bit in the Allergy writeup that says it's possible.
>>
>>49302209
>most GMs that I've talked to are more than willing to let you put an Armored Jacket and a Helmet on an anthroform drone
That's 5e as written, rather than a GM being lenient.
>>
>>49302152
One day, and it may be today, I'm going to make a rigger whose combat drone is a pimped out Harley-Davidson Scorpion. I just can't decide on what to put on beyond three extra armor, 9 nonconductivity, a weapon with a simple burst fire option, a pilot worth a damn, and walker locomotion.

>>49302272
My first guess would be to treat it like stabilization.
>>
>>49302340
>That's 5e as written
Is it? I can't recall it being specified anywhere one way or another whether or not you're allowed to put metahuman/equipped armor onto a drone. And without it being specified one way or another, that's not RAW, it's up to a GM to rule.
>>
>>49302364
Start of the Anthro Drone section.

>Being able to go anywhere a metahuman can, with similar limbs and build, they can even use some metahuman equipment, such as clothing, weapons, or tools.
>This makes them far more versatile than most drones, but the price point reflects that.
>>
>>49302345
Flamethrowers?
>>
>>49302042
The problem is that if you can buy a drone that's on par with a street sam in at least one key area, the need for a street sam diminishes greatly.
>>
>>49302379
Huh, good find.

I know several GMs whose rulings always tend towards restrictive, rather than permissive, though, so I'm 100% certain that those particular GMs would rule that 'clothing' and 'armor' are not the same thing, and that drones can't benefit from metahuman armor.

And if I objected, they'd point to the word 'some' and remind me that it doesn't say 'all,' and then shrug.

Still, useful for permissive GMs rather than restrictive GMs.
>>
So... are cyberlimbs actually worth it for street samurai? The extra armor is nice, but with the wonky way the attributes work it doesn't seem like souping up the STR+AGI really does much good. Seems like it might be better to just have higher base stats than mess with enhanced/augmented limbs.

Thoughts?
>>
>>49302390
Nice as back-up weapons. Should probably also have a less lethal option in there too. Jack up the sensor array too, so that I can have a limit of 6 on my Fuck Your Defense rolls and a nice enough wireless bonus that I don't lose dice that much.

8 slots all around is a nice amount. I wonder if getting +4 against electric attacks is going to be a horrible enough surprise for anyone that tries the cheap way of frying a done/vehicle.
>>
>>49302405
I'd ask about armor clothing, but six extra armor hopefully shouldn't be the tipping point for something.
>>
>>49302449
>So... are cyberlimbs actually worth it for street samurai?
Yes. It's much cheaper to get a fulled-tricked-out cyberarm than it is to get a bunch of Muscle Toner, for example. The trick is that what you really want to do is get just a single tricked-out cyberarm and then use a one-handed weapon - that way it's using only that one limb's stats.

Then you shoot dudes with your beastly arm (which also packs a cyberspur as a melee option, to exploit that huge melee damage bonus) while enjoying that sweet +3 armor and +1 Physical box.

Unless you're going for some kind of specific, niche build, though, it's not worth it to get anything more than a single kickass arm.
>>
File: doof-warrior_002-jpg.jpg (158KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
doof-warrior_002-jpg.jpg
158KB, 500x401px
>>49302345
>>49302390
>>
>>49302485
>I'd ask about armor clothing, but six extra armor hopefully shouldn't be the tipping point for something.
It is, with how drones/vehicles soak.

Drones/vehicles soak differently from living characters. First of all, they ignore 100% of non-electric Stun damage, which is great.

But better than that, they roll to Soak BEFORE checking against their armor, to see if it's Stun.

What's more, the Core book itself recommends that you just let them buy hits on Soak, and only actually roll it if buying hits wouldn't be enough to ignore it outright.

So that means, in practice, that if an attack's Damage+(AP*1.25) isn't higher than the target drone's Armor+(Soak*.25)? It just gets ignored outright - poof, gone.

With drone/vehicle armor working that way, +6 Armor can make a pretty fucking big difference.
>>
>>49302492
My addendum to that suggestion is that if you can spare the essence, take two limbs at used or omega grade, and armor those guys up for a little extra armor. Alternatively, wait a bit and armor up to full after creation.
>>
>>49302449
They can, but you pay a lot for them. The most optimal way to use cyberlimbs is to buy one on a non-combat character.

A full set of arms and legs eats up so much essence that squeezing in the most important aug, an initiative booster, is extremely difficult. It can still work, but you will have to account for this somehow.

The big benefit of a full set of cyberllimbs is you can dump both your strength and agility, which frees up a lot of resources. It also gives you the option of the cyber-singularity seeker quality, which even paying double after chargen is a relatively cheap way of getting 2 more willpower.

>>49302405
You should be aware that the freelancer in charge of r5 has said on the forums that drones built-in armor doesn't stack with worn armor - it uses one or the other.
>>
>>49302560
>You should be aware that the freelancer in charge of r5 has said on the forums that drones built-in armor doesn't stack with worn armor - it uses one or the other.
On top of not being able to add armor enhancements to a drone's limbs?

Well, that's shit, but shit I'll just have to eat with a grin, I guess.
>>
>>49302492
Doesn't having only one arm pretty much restrict you to only pistols and (potentially) SMGs, though?

>>49302560
That's sorta what I was thinking. Either go with no limbs and get bioware etc, or do 4x armored limbs with a helmet and riot shield for full-tank-mode.
>>
>>49302560
>You should be aware that the freelancer in charge of r5 has said on the forums that drones built-in armor doesn't stack with worn armor - it uses one or the other.
I always take freelancer word with a pinch of salt. It's equally likely to shit things up as be helpful.
>>
>>49302659
Nah, just implant a heavier weapon into your cyber-arm and use a machine pistol or SMG for the obvious weapon/suppression weapon.
>>
>>49302659
SMGs, pistols, and one-handed swords at 9 agil/9 str is a whole lot better than a bigger weapon at 3 agi and 3 str.

>>49302668
Anthros become very absurd very fast if you let both stack. A duelist with base 4 armor, an armored jacket, and a helmet would have 18 armor: essentially untouchable for anyone without APDS or stick and shock. An alpha with standard ammo needs 6 net hits to do damage.

It becomes a game of chicken with your gm, which SR has enough of as-is.
>>
>>49302668
They often don't remember the things they actually wrote too. Blame it on multiple drafts and having last looked at their own words literally months ago. Point is, they shouldn't (necessarily) be taken as Word of God.
>>
File: file.png (68KB, 902x691px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
68KB, 902x691px
So I'm fucking around with the options menu at the moment, trying to make it a bit more tolerant of low-resolution devices.

I've got a couple of ideas about things I'd like to implement already (Break the sourcebooks out into their own form with thumbnails and such, proper word-wrap support for the checkboxes, better description of what the house rules do, SEARCH BOX FOR OPTIONS, etc.) but can you guys think of anything that's a major problem or hassle for you? I'm so used to the UI at this point that I don't have much perspective on what's bad about it, so I need opinions.
>>
>>49302856
a select/deselect all button would be nice
>>
>>49302890
That's what the togglesourcebooks button does, when I don't fuck up the name translator.
>>
So since the thunderbolt isnt in 5th yet, should I give any lone star NPC's that my team might encounter during a prison break colt manhunters because of how popular that gun is in law enforcement?
>>
>>49303277
just rebrand the savalette guardian. its a heavy pistol with burst fire and built-in recoil com. close enough
>>
>>49302856
It'd probably be hard as all fuck to do, but some way to create homebrew stuff and have it work.

Is there even good homebrew for SR5?
>>
>>49303569
homebrew is usually something thats really only done when the player wants something that the setting doesnt apply.

Speaking of which I want to play a street sam whose heavily based on guns, as in, he holds guns with a reverence not seen since the Enter the Gungeon video game.

Question is, does following dakka work best as a gun adept, or chrome, id just double up if one didnt weaken the other.

On one hand a chromed one will be a gun, on the other... bullet theurge
>>
>>49303733
Well, Adept would get easier access to initiative increases and might end up with more dice in specific skills but a chromed up street same will probably be better with a wide variety of guns thanks to skillwires and agility enhancements to cyber limbs, not to mention capable of handling more recoil.
>>
File: bank_robber_by_yefumm-d611ori.jpg (648KB, 561x850px) Image search: [Google]
bank_robber_by_yefumm-d611ori.jpg
648KB, 561x850px
>GM wants us to raid an Aztechnology lab

I don't think my team mates understand what we're getting ourselves into.
>>
File: 1460392555922.jpg (157KB, 638x826px) Image search: [Google]
1460392555922.jpg
157KB, 638x826px
>>49303569
Depends on the kind of homebrew you want. I really want to one day be able to break out all the core variables into user-accessible areas, but basic stuff like gear can mostly be done through the improvement system.
>>
What's a good side-focus for a demolitions character?
>>
>>49303979
Demolitions is a good side focus for a high Logic character.
>>
>>49299879
>>49300052
On a related note, I am currently preparing to run a session, where the team gets hired not to do the actual run, but only to delay any doc wagon ambulances and similar responders getting to a scene where another team is doing their own job.

Also, I am preparing a run where the team is supposed to steal a famous pepper mill from a rival pizzeria chain, so that a mafia don can season his dinner with the humiliation of his enemies. If the calamari fritti get cold, there will be no pay.
>>
Can a Pixie guy off their Uneducated quality at chargen?
>>
>>49304345
Can't see why not. Just fork out the necessary Karma and come up with a line in your backstory how your character didn't grew up somewhere far away from technology.
>>
>>49304345
Per RAW only Shifters can, but provided it's not another god damned pixie mecha rigger I doubt you'd get much guff from your GM about it.
>>
>>49304613
>>49304553
French expat pixie medic, demolitionist, and armorer?
>>
>>49304656
I'll allow it if her street name is Cherie Bomb.
>>
File: 1423520142338.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1423520142338.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>49299734
>That doesn't seem physically possible
>>49299776
>That's what Jimmy kept screaming

I kek'd.

How do you like to chill after a run, /pfg/? Does your crew hang together, or do you all drink alone after the run goes well?
>>
>>49304656
>What's her handle?
Tinkerbelle

>What's her role?
Blowing things up and patching things up. Sometimes both, the latter just after the former.
>>
>>49304672
>Her
What
>>49304701
See Above
>>
>>49304705
Replace "her" by "his" in >>49304701. There's now a good reason for why he'd blow some things up first before patching them up.
>>
Can you make premade custom explosive charges to be shaped charges, and get a drone with an applicator of Hold Fast to seal them onto a building, vehicle, or other places? Something small. A swarm of near-invisible drones that go up, plant breaching charges, and detonate an entire building.

Or a smaller drone that carefully lays out strips of detcord/foam explosive?
>>
>>49304831
>Can you make premade custom explosive charges to be shaped charges

Yes. That's what the Demolitions skill is for.

>and get a drone with an applicator of Hold Fast to seal them onto a building, vehicle, or other places?

Yes.

>Something small. A swarm of near-invisible drones that go up, plant breaching charges, and detonate an entire building.

Depends what you mean by small. What you are thinking is definitely possible, but the drones need to carry one (or more) charge(s) which aren't that small themselves, and at least one arm to set the explosives correctly.
>>
>>49304881
>and at least one arm to set the explosives correctly
Not necessarily. If the charges were slung under the drone correctly (I'm imagining a larger Kanmushi, possibly Aztech Crawler), it would just need to position and lower itself to place a charge. Each leg could spray glue onto whatever surface the drone is standing on beforehand. Seems sound to me.
>>
>>49305163
I'd get the arm by default as an "assume worst case" precaution (a primitive one that just extends, slathers some glue and then affixes the charge; no need for a fancy one that can use weapons and the like), but sure. A bit of recon in advance with a Fly-spy to see if it's necessary or not should do the trick as well.
>>
>>49305163
You fool. Without an arm, how would the drone press down the plunger?
>>
>>49305206
So slap a cyberdick on it?
>>
>>49305326
Why are you not holding the plunger yourself? And what's the wireless bonus?
>>
File: 1469500133157.jpg (267KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1469500133157.jpg
267KB, 630x630px
>>49298922
>Who does your healing?
Me, myself and I. Just got dumpshocked out of hotsim, puked into my Medkit managing to do shit. My skin itches like mad and fingers have turned blue. Trying to figure out did I just lose 40kY worth of gear and where the fuck am I.

>Do you have some chummer that cares for you?
Many of them. Not all of them know what I'm doing. Would be nice though if they weren't so inquisitive about it. I think this time telling them "I was just driving home with Soycaf in my hand" doesn't really cut it. *Bleeeerrghh*

>Do you regularly visit your local 'Doc?
No. That guy robs you of your money or internal organs. Don't do shit with him.

>Or do you all just use Medkits and hope those cut it?
Well. It did cut it this far. Now that it is full of vomit. I don't dare to use it. Say, could you call some taxi here? Sign says Renraku Arcology, 2 miles. That one with bite marks on it. You know the place. I think I need to see a Doc.
>>
>>49303817
>skillwires
Less than useless for 99% of characters.
>>
>>49303979
Demolitions is, itself, a side focus.

That said, it works well with riggers, drug cooks, and to a lesser extent deckers and mages. To a lesser extent because riggers have drones for safer delivery of explosives than deckers and because mages can just take destructive spells instead of using expensive explosives.
>>
>>49305790
Not to mention you get skill chips at fucking 10,000NY per rank.

It's at the point where the only people who would bother getting chipped are ones who are obscenely rich and have more disposable income than they know what to do with.
>>
>>49300724
>Neither Robocop has been a great deal more than a brain with a face draped over the casing. That's a cyborg.

First Robocop's brain also had a big ol' fuck-you hole in it from where it was fucking shot, and he was officially, clinically dead - for at least a few hours.

RebootCop was a cyborg because he completely retained his humanity the entire way through - which incidentally defeated the entire fucking point of the Robocop story being about the perseverance of the human spirit managing to rise up out of corporate and mechanical entrapment.

But then again, RebootCop was a castrated piece of work through and through.
>>
>>49306044
>RebootCop was a cyborg because he completely retained his humanity the entire way through - which incidentally defeated the entire fucking point of the Robocop story being about the perseverance of the human spirit managing to rise up out of corporate and mechanical entrapment.
>But then again, RebootCop was a castrated piece of work through and through.
I feel like the original Robocop had Murphy become human again. The RebootCop had that struggle transplanted into Gary Oldman's character who did what he was told for the longest time, being a corprate drone, before being threatened to be killed himself and being forced to make the morally right choice.
Ultimately the new film wasn't nearly has good as the old one, but I think the idea of that internal struggle within the wageslave is somehow more relevant to Shadowrun.

Oh, well...
>>
>>49306031
Even if you eased the nuyen cost of both the skillsofts and the skillwires themselves, there's still the fact that the skillwires and skilljack cost a combined 1.2 Essence and override - rather than enhance - your natural skill level. 99% of characters would rather spend that essence on improving what they're actually good at instead.
>>
>>49298922
If you see a player or a DM who talks about "loli", report him to the police because he's definitely a pedophile.
>>
Would an Axe version of the Highland Claymore be reasonable?
>>
How many points should I put into arcana for my new mage? seems like an important skill, but one that can wait a bit..
>>
>>49306230
What about gnomes
>>
>>49306175
I think Skillsofts could be very good if:
1: There were more skills in Shadowrun or you just had to specialize your skills more
and 2: If all Skillsofts automatically came with a specialization
>>
>>49306269
You think pedos started fucking Gnomes instead of kids?
>>
>>49306287

You don't?

They get to be freaky kinky and its totally legal.

until they started fucking underaged gnomes...
>>
>>49306094
>I feel like the original Robocop had Murphy become human again
Well, yeah, that was the point though.

Basically, it's like this:
Original Robocop: The story of a dead cop whose body is used to create a cyberzombie, whose mind is repressed under a mountain of code and protocols, compounded by his fractured mind being dragged back from the grave, but eventually the true human being underneath manages to break free and escape from the control of his corporate creators.

RebootCop: The internal struggles of a wageslave cop becomes even further indebted by the corporation who owns him when they foot the medical bill for the cyberware that saves his life.

RebootCop could have been a pretty great story, overall, had it been named anything other than Robocop.
>>
>>49306275
Mate, there's already too many skills in Shadowrun, what the fuck are you on about?

The real thing that would make them good is the game somehow being designed around people being generalists, rather than everyone being specialists.

As it stands, only one person needs to be great at talking, only one needs to be great at driving, and so on.

And until Shadowrun is a game about generalists rather than specialists, Skillwires will be a fundamentally worse investment for 99% of characters than actually improving their specialty.
>>
>>49306287
I don't think pedos are into it for purely physical attraction, and that fucking people who look like children but ultimately aren't children would just be an ultimately-unsatisfying stopgap for them. Unless they're actual children, it would never be good enough. The sick fucks.
>>
>>49306331
>Mate, there's already too many skills in Shadowrun, what the fuck are you on about?
This.

Seriously, there's so many fucking skills to pick from a lot of the time it feels like there could be FEWER skills, or at least an effort to consolidate more skills under one particular field, particularly in the Knowledge department.
>>
>>49306346
Yeah probably no for pedos, but the guys that fapped to lolita and people on /a/ would probably kill for a legal loli.
>>
>>49306346
What about loli vampires who are 500 years old? Speaking here in terms of non-realistic conjecture on the idea of whether they're attracted to the physical attributes, or the actual age.

I mean, to sort of simplify it: what about people who are attracted to redheads? Would a chick with dyed red hair be an ultimately-unsatisfying stopgap for those people, or would they not care because it still looks like a redhead?
>>
>>49306331
>Mate, there's already too many skills in Shadowrun, what the fuck are you on about?
>>49306350
You're saying this to someone who plays GURPS.

Funny enough, I found skill chipping to be a lot more worthwhile in GURPS because there's lots of small stuff that most could probably do without, but cheap chips for them make it something you wouldn't mind blowing a few GURPSbux on.

I have never once in my life had a problem with long skill lists.
>>
>>49306380
That list actually looks perfectly reasonable.

Now compare to something like SR3's Skills where you literally have a Knowledge skill for each and every individual type of program, from White IC to Black IC, to terminal program design, and beyond. And I don't mean as Specialization, that's as a GENERAL Skill for each one.
>>
File: Skills3.png (250KB, 697x942px) Image search: [Google]
Skills3.png
250KB, 697x942px
>>49306415
That's only page 2 of 3

And we're not talking about SR3, are we? Because I'm fairly certain knowledges are relatively broad in SR4.
>>
>>49306375
The issue is that red hair is the physical trait to which someone is attracted.

Pedos, on the other hand, are attracted not to looks-like-a-child, but rather that their partners (victims) are innocent, vulnerable children.

It's like asking whether someone with a snuff fetish would be satisfied with light choking followed by playing dead briefly.

The answer is no, because they're into something other than just the physical traits.
>>
>>49306461
>And we're not talking about SR3, are we?
Well, I was, given I don't run beyond the 50's. And again, that list still look pretty damned reasonable compared to the 20+ General program skills. Everything there looks like an actual, individual skill, and not a subsect of another skill
>>
>>49306380
>GURPS-sized skill lists
Disgusting.
>>
>>49306484
>Pedos, on the other hand, are attracted not to looks-like-a-child, but rather that their partners (victims) are innocent, vulnerable children.

Is that the explicit case? Cause I'm pretty sure for a good deal it's the appearance and not just the mentality. And for others it's a combination of those, and other, factors.
>>
Anyone mind looking over a backstory for a Transhuman Prototype?
>>
>>49306489
>Not wanting hueg skill lists
Why not? I've never had an issue with it.

>>49306487
Mind you, anything with a † next to it effectively acts as 4 different skills, as you MUST specialize in it.
>>
>>49298922
>Why not? I've never had an issue with it.
It's a waste of chargen time and energy. It's extraneous post-chargen minutiae for no real reason. And just because its issues have never cropped up with you doesn't mean they haven't with others.

It's bad, and I genuinely hope you keep enjoying it, because I wouldn't wish getting disillusioned by your preferred system on anyone.

Your fun isn't badwrong, but I do personally hate it.
>>
>>49306607
Funny enough, I find shorter skill lists a lot more difficult to work with, because often I'll have to shoehorn certain skills in to certain positions, rather than having a specific skill for said thing (And if you have a sheet up, defaulting in GURPS is real easy if you don't have the skill).

I can't even count the amount of times someone wanted to do something in a game with a low skill count, and I found myself having to think over what skill to apply that to. Not that I really memorized the GURPS skill list, but since its not entirely open to much interpretation, I find players typically know what skill they want to roll when they ask.

Then again maybe I'm just weird.
>>
>>49304695
I have been suggesting in-character to get the team together for a night out and whatever is the 2070s version of paintball but so far everyone else has refused. (I've got a sizeable dicepool in Smal unit tactics but can't use it well because no one else knows the tactics. Team training would help with that but looks like my character's dream of a professional and organized team is simply not to be.)
>>
>>49306287
I think Run Faster stated a lot of gnomes gave up on dating after getting nothing but pedos.
>>
What martial arts techniques should I first get from Kenjutsu? Iaijutsu seems real nice and so does multiple opponent combat.
>>
>>49306044
>First Robocop's brain also had a big ol' fuck-you hole in it from where it was fucking shot, and he was officially, clinically dead - for at least a few hours
Yeah ... all that? Cyborg.

Cybermancy involves a whole bunch of hoodoo as part of the process.
>>
>>49306833
Adept or Mundane?
>>
>>49306965

Mundane.
>>
>>49306044
>RebootCop was a cyborg because he completely retained his humanity the entire way through - which incidentally defeated the entire fucking point of the Robocop story being about the perseverance of the human spirit managing to rise up out of corporate and mechanical entrapment.

Did you miss the part where the computer took control of him during combat and was only programmed to think that he was still in control?

It was an important part of RebootCop that they messed with his brains made him into a machine that thought that he was still a human. And then he starts to override the programming and his spirit manages to rise out of a corporate and mechanical entrapment.
>>
Is there a sequel to Twodee's Shadowrun Storytime?
>>
>>49307054
Eventually.
>>
File: 1437190378390.jpg (200KB, 820x974px) Image search: [Google]
1437190378390.jpg
200KB, 820x974px
>>49302033
MilSpec Tech 2, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>49306654
>Then again maybe I'm just weird.
I think you are, homie, but you do you. It's all good.
>>
File: 1442251501658.jpg (347KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
1442251501658.jpg
347KB, 1200x850px
>>49302659
>Doesn't having only one arm pretty much restrict you to only pistols and (potentially) SMGs, though?

Assuming you have 9 AGI in the limb and 3 AGI normally, you'd still average out using a two-handed weapon at 6 AGI. Not bad at all.
>>
>>49307097
Hope dies last.
>>
File: That Guy Looks Up From His Phone.jpg (583KB, 2100x1052px) Image search: [Google]
That Guy Looks Up From His Phone.jpg
583KB, 2100x1052px
>>49303844
It'll be fine.
>>
File: 1455316164710.jpg (321KB, 915x891px) Image search: [Google]
1455316164710.jpg
321KB, 915x891px
>>49306255
That's called a combat axe, omae.
>>
>>49307316
The Highland Claymore has a higher Pen.
>>
File: 1441252925262.jpg (36KB, 930x523px) Image search: [Google]
1441252925262.jpg
36KB, 930x523px
>>49306518
Just post it you goober.

I swear if the character is Awakened or Emerged I'm going to be mildly irritated
>>
>>49307357
http://pastebin.com/TJynQ5ik

Keep in mind, this was basically shat out in like 10-20 minutes, and has undergone basically no revision yet.
>>
File: Rock Star.jpg (15KB, 236x325px) Image search: [Google]
Rock Star.jpg
15KB, 236x325px
>>49306826
What book is it that has the story with the Gnome face who basically had a business hitting on guys and getting pictures of them fucking what appeared to be a child?
>>
>>49307348
Yes, 1 more AP for 500 nuyen extra and a more difficult scabbard. That's the tradeoff between the two.
>>
>>49307376
Then why post it? I have better things to do with my time than read a self-admitted piece of crap you haven't even bothered editing yet.

I mean, not many things, but some. Put some care into your work before asking other people to look at it.
>>
>>49307054
Checked in a few threads back and gave us a status update. I don't remember any details, sorry.
>>
>>49307429
That's more me being a depressed jackass and overly critical of myself than it is necessarily any indication of the quality of the backstory. It should, hopefully at least, be decent, if slightly rough.
>>
File: 2D Storytime 2 Update.jpg (128KB, 742x449px) Image search: [Google]
2D Storytime 2 Update.jpg
128KB, 742x449px
>>49307442
>>49307054
Go read a book to keep your mind occupied in the meantime.

>>49307447
It's fine. Records on File with 3 different corps is a strange choice (I'd drop Horizon and just let that be a background detail you mention in play).
>>
>>49307468
No other 1 point negative qualities aside from In Debt, and it would have felt weird taking it.
>>
>>49306705
>I have been suggesting in-character to get the team together for a night out and whatever is the 2070s version of paintball but so far everyone else has refused.
My character was in an amateur Urban Brawl league that used gel rounds instead of lethal bullets. Same idea.

A character further back than that was a huge nerd way into Miracle Shooter.
>>
>>49307514
>Urban Brawl league that used gel rounds instead of lethal bullets
>Bloodsports without the blood
What's the fucking point?
>>
>>49306953
Mate, I get it. Robocop isn't a literal cyberzombie because magic doesn't exist in Robocop.

But Robocop is literally - specifically - the exact thing that cyberzombies were based on. It's the direct inspiration, even if they went in a somewhat different direction with it.
>>
File: Urban Brawl.jpg (21KB, 236x309px) Image search: [Google]
Urban Brawl.jpg
21KB, 236x309px
>>49307496
You could just bump up the Ares or NeoNET one by a point.

>>49307514
>>49307529
Urban Brawl officially uses non-lethal rounds. It's a bloodsport, but the corps aren't stupid enough to have every match end with a half-dozen investments bleeding out on the field.

It's still dangerous, but officially non-lethal.
>>
>>49306705
Tell me about it. My current character has only a 9 dice pool in small unit tactics, and I wonder if I should even bother, when noone else has it.

The alternative knowledge skill would be Guerilla Tactics (Traps), but I am unsure.
>>
>>49307543
No, you can't. Records on File is just a flat +2, the ratings for the quality are for extra corps.
>>
>>49307567
My b. Though in that case It's a pretty shitty trade. Are you are 24 negative karma or something? Why do you need exactly 1 point?
>>
>>49307529
>What's the fucking point?
It lets sports fans who aren't into fucking dying blow off some steam on the weekends after work, then go get a few dozen beers while they nurse their bruised ribs.

You know, fun?
>>
>>49307543
That sounds so incredibly lame.

>>49307593
>He doesn't want people being horribly maimed in his bloodsports
Someone hasn't seen Rollerball.
>>
>>49307586
Exactly 24 negative karma, and I need the extra point to cover Surge.
>>
So, I took Restricted Gear in Chummer, to grab Heavy Milspec.

Somehow, though, it has apparently decided that I took four sets of Heavy Milspec, even though there's only one, the cost was only paid once, and it won't even let me have one of them avail-wise.
>>
File: I don't like thing.jpg (102KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
I don't like thing.jpg
102KB, 500x628px
>>49307618
Deal with it, desu.
>>
>>49307543
I think there is plenty of blood spilled anyway even with gel ammo.

And it reminds me of the 3e book that talked about Desert Warfare. Which is a sports league where armies and mercs fight each other. Usually the fights were with simulators and non-lethal ammo and the production crew used special effects to add blood. Because the teams were made up from elite military units from both national and corp militaries. Losing hundreds of soldiers per season for just a trideo show wasn't worth it but with non-lethal combat they got training done, a good PR boost and the manufacturers were able to show off their latest weapons and gear in combat conditions. ...Though they did mention that if the owners of both teams agree they could switch to live ammo. And that every single finals fight was done with live ammo traditionally with the losing team usually ending up dead.

And that the AAA corps had made certain that no national army would ever win a championship because the corps wanted to make sure that everyone knows that they have the biggest guns and best soldiers.
>>
>>49307411

That sword is the reason why I want to learn Iaijutsu. At least that way I can draw it and use it in the same pass...
>>
>>49307635
How can you even say that isn't the lamest shit? You watch bloodsports the same reason you watch hockey; it is almost guaranteed someone is going to get horribly injured.
>>
File: Urban Brawl Arena.png (1MB, 1024x500px) Image search: [Google]
Urban Brawl Arena.png
1MB, 1024x500px
>>49307618
Plenty of people die in Urban Brawl. It's teams of 13, and the bench for a season includes dozens of replacements, with new people being cycled in every play to replace the wounded.

>A team scores one point if a ball carrier gets the ball into the opposing team's goal. The ISSV's rulebook restricted goals to live ball carriers until the 2044 season, when six disputed decisions over wheather the carrier was still alive when he entered the goal circle, caused the ISSV to change the rule. Current rules state that as long as the ball is in the brawler's hands or somehow attached to his body when he reaches the goal, he may be either alive or dead. A curious incident in a 2053 Boston-Seattle game caused a second amendment; ISSV rules now count goals as valid whether the scoring player reaches the goal under his own power or not. In the 2053 game, a player was blown ten meters across the pavement by the opposition's blaster and hit the goal in two pieces. Because one of the pieces remained in contact with the ball when it hit the circle, officials counted the goal.

They just officially don't use lethal ammunition (though melee weapons like swords seem to be allowed). You only go "down" when you're too disabled by wounds to continue, or you surrender. Damn easy to die, and even more so to be maimed and need to spend a couple months getting your organs grown back and a cyberarm installed.
>>
>>49307671
>Desert Warfare
Desert Wars is still a thing in 4e and 5e. Most of the matches are openly done with things like locking exoskeletons, stun magic, and digital editing. The championships/finals are always live-fire, real combat though.

And, increasingly, the corps have started using them as a way to showcase upcoming military hardware - really effective advertising.

It's a solid origin for a tacticool operator type, too, because it's basically just IRL Call of Duty team deathmatches set in various ambiguous Middle Eastern urban ruins.
>>
>>49307533
>it doesn't work the same as thing
>something else does work the same as thing
>but honest, it's the basis for thing
Ok, if you're that certain, here's your (you).
>>
>>49307376
>Changeling prototype transhuman
>Terminating a successful research project early
>>Because the research subject has poor social skills
>Child somehow wasn't rolled for his food, money and housing the first day in the Barrens or pressganged into a gang
>Head of a megacorporate research program cares about the Barrens to the point of using the subject to kill Bad People
>Records on File for... sending fan mail and mugging the cable guy?

It's not the worst backstory I've seen, but it reads like a bunch of stuff stapled together to justify 'big dumb trog with a bunch of expensive shit'
>>49307633
It's a bug I keep forgetting to look into, sorry. It's pinging off the gear that's attached to the suit. Should only be doing it for the stuff that's not installed by default, if you drag the accessories off with right-click and put it back on in career mode you should be fine.
>>
>>49307706
>You watch bloodsports the same reason you watch hockey
Fuck, why aren't they sharpening their pucks and sticks already?
>>
>>49307886
On a different board I'd be posting that Zednik clip.

Then you'd realise that actual human beings don't like watching other human beings die horrifically in front of them for entertainment.
>>
>>49307886
>Fuck, why aren't they sharpening their pucks and sticks already?
Fucking weenies. Need to put the blood into blood sports, with serious weapons.
>>
>>49307917
>the sarcasm
>your head
>>
Is it a good idea to run a game where players are all shadowrun supervillains, and they have to deal with the batman?
>>
>>49308020
No, it's an eeeeevil idea.
>>
>>49308020
Fuck yes.
>>
>>49307917
>Then you'd realise that actual human beings don't like watching other human beings die horrifically in front of them for entertainment.
That is completely incorrect
>>
>>49307917
>On a different board I'd be posting that Zednik clip.
Didn't Zednik survive that, though?
>>
>>49308278
Yeah, but it still probably violates gore rules on a blue board.
>>
File: PInEOtE.gif (1MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
PInEOtE.gif
1MB, 222x400px
How can you make a Face useful without being a shitty wizard? I'm thinking Troll with sum to ten to get the most out of being a charming 8 foot tall brick shithouse.
>>
>>49308134
>>49308090
I hope i can get some players together who know how to make a proper gimmick
>>
File: ronnie.png (110KB, 285x268px) Image search: [Google]
ronnie.png
110KB, 285x268px
>>49308020
Are you wanting them to lose constantly?
>>
>>49308658
>I'm thinking Troll with sum to ten to get the most out of being a charming 8 foot tall brick shithouse.

I basically did that with my 1st character with Priority. Skills A, Troll B, Attributes C, Resources D and Magic E. Hardest part is probably trying to squeeze Tailored Pheromones in there, so you may want to swap Attributes and Resources around. That said, if you can convince your GM to let you start with Exceptional Charisma, you can get a leg up on that, and can grab most of the Charisma skills right off the bat with that set up, with points left over for combat skills. That said, both Sum to 10 and Priority punish trolls rather harshly, so it's not easy.
>>
>>49308658
I'm an unarmed adept/face hybrid. It works out good for me, just start swinging if things go sour in your disguise, and you can clear a path for the rest of your team.
>>
>>49308722
Bio Adept Troll Face was easy enough to do with just the core book. You'd roll 15+ dice on any given social test, and have initiative that's not terrible for combat.
>>
>>49308658
>How can you make a Face useful without being a shitty wizard?
You buy Tailored Pheromones, some drugs, and then realize that the Face isn't resource-intensive enough to be a proper primary role, so you take a bunch of stealth skills to be a social infiltrator/pickpocket too.
>>
>>49308800

Yeah but >>49308658 specified "without being a shitty wizard", which is what I did as well.
>>
>>49308808
Troll Face&Infiltrator&Pickpocket?

Since the character is supposed to be a troll why not make Face&StreetSam combo? Less weapon skills of course but you could still give it enough of a dicepool on automatics which has enough options for different kinds of weapons to deal with most problems.
>>
Can someone explain to me how Chummer is taking 4 Str/Agi 8 cyberlimbs, Redliner, and a base Str/Agi of 2 and coming out with an augmented average of 4? It even acknowledges in the tooltip for it that the cyberlimbs end up at 10 Str/Agi each. Also, why is it not applying that 10 Str to the Hand Razors?
>>
So last session, 2 if our party got lone star credentials as cover for aa run. What all can we steal from the precinct while we're in? Orshould we assume everything is covered in trackers and tags?

We've already done half the run; looking to make a bit of profit on the way out.
>>
>>49308708
Maybe just a little, in the end.
Though supervillains win for a long while until they lose
>>
File: 1466578556894.jpg (215KB, 551x798px) Image search: [Google]
1466578556894.jpg
215KB, 551x798px
>>49309216
>Orshould we assume everything is covered in trackers and tags?

It will be. But bring a tag eraser and grab up some stuff from evidence. Depending on your inclinations and way out, you could grab drugs and weapons to fence back out to gangs, some nice souvenirs from gruesome crimes (like the fork and plate used by the Mealtime Killer in his latest crime) to sell to macabre collectors, to just grabbing all the records off the computer, because a lot of organizations and people will pay good money to know what the cops have on them.
>>
>>49309047
Mainly that street samurai and faces have zero synergy - charisma is one of the street sam dump stats - and that despite being strong and tough, the high Priority cost and diminished Agility makes trolls counter-intuitively bad at being street samurai too.

To be honest, despite being the raddest shit ever, trolls are worse at basically every niche than orks are, and cost more to boot.
>>
>>49309126
Which cyberlimb averaging method do you have enabled?
>>
>>49309216
Drugs from evidence, guns from the armory, cars from the motor pool, and paydata from their computers. You should have also accepted contacts beforehand from third parties to steal/destroy/alter certain records, but too late for that now.

You wandered into a fucking gold mine, as long as you can find a safe way to fence this shit.
>>
>>49309404

6, but even that doesn't make the result I've got make any sense: 40 limbs at 10 and 2 at 2 give an average of 7.3 (recurring), which would round up to 8.
>>
>>49308962
Yeah ... you have to be specific if "being a shitty wizard" includes adepts for you.

Otherwise people are going to assume it's the same as "being a shitty mage".
>>
>>49309453
>40 limbs
40 limbs? That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
>>
>>49309459

Well I assumed adept was included in that, though in all fairness >>49308658 may not have meant that, I don't know.
>>
>>49309505

Ok I meant 4, but I wish I meant 40. Ball of arms man, go!
>>
Question: If I were to buy some Horizon Mini-zeps and give them all Large weapon mounts, what qualifies as a hunting rifle (as opposed to a sniper rifle) for the purposes of fitting in said mount? Also, could I then run around with a tag gun of some kind and command the Mini-zeps to only target my special tags?
>>
Hey guys, I don't know much about Shadowrun but I want to play it. Which edition is the best?
>>
>>49309909
Sport rifles aren't really a distinct category anymore in 5e despite what that chart says, but yes, you can command by ARO if you want. You can also command by voice, by pointing your finger, using a laser pointer, just using a digital command...
>>
>>49309937
Fuck off with this shitty troll bait.
>>
>>49310036

So what guns would go in a Large mount? And I'm thinking tags because of the range and distances involved, there might need to be some shooting through buildings involved.
>>
>>49310074
An assault rifle with vision magnification, I suppose.
>>
File: 1466906130917.jpg (116KB, 693x850px) Image search: [Google]
1466906130917.jpg
116KB, 693x850px
>>49309909
There's a bunch of things explicitly labeled sport rifles in GH3.

And there is a smart tagging system for drones. Check R5.
>>
Is there ever a legitimate reason to make a mystic adept? Every one I've ever encountered has been a shitty min/maxer or a special snowflake, and they've invariably been worse than either an adept or a magician.
>>
>>49310092
Sorry, not R5; does anyone remember where the FoF tagging system is?
>>
>>49310092
They're only labeled that way because it's a 4e book with conversion rules. It's not a proper weapon category in any other 5e book.
>>
File: 1441248551053.jpg (114KB, 1500x548px) Image search: [Google]
1441248551053.jpg
114KB, 1500x548px
>>49310289
>It's not a proper weapon category in any other 5e book.

Yet they draw the distinction for weapon mounts in R5 using the Hunting Rifle/Sniper Rifle distinction. It's definitely not commonly used, but it has enough usage in books that the division works.
>>
>>49310115

I knew a mystic adept who went the channeling Route. Ended up with 9 in literally every god damned stat, except magic, and had a penchant for punching like a train... and then triggering his force 12 death touch, which he could soak with 18 dice for barely any fallback, Shoot his Sniper Rifle with Obnoxious accuracy, and could lie his way through a court trial.

Dude was as Minmaxing special snowflake as they come, but I'm at least showing an instance where they're not actually worse than either an adept or a magician.
>>
>>49310371

Which 5e books have hunting rifles then? GH3 has sporting rifles, SR5 has sniper rifles, but I can't seem to find hunting rifles anywhere.
>>
>>49310526
Hunting Rifles are fucked in SR5. In the corebook it says that Sniper Rifles include Hunting Rifles for the sake of simplicity. However, Sporting Rifles are also partly Hunting Rifles.
>>
>>49309344
>>49309450

Motorpool is probably a no go; dispatching is shut down for now. The plainclothes half the team set off a fire to cover an extraction, so the building is in cleanup mode. Other precincts are picking upup the slack, I assume.

Hoping for armory access in the downtime, and hopefully the other half the team can do something server-side to get some paydata.

Exvidence room is also unlikely, since I started the job literally 2 hours ago.
>>
>>49310567

So... can you put a sniper rifle in a Large mount? Or are they Huge only?
>>
>>49310570
>I started the job literally 2 hours ago

Say the Chief sent you down to double-check the catalogues in evidence to ensure no fire damage. Bitch work that takes hours, perfect for the new guy. Bring some coffee for the desk clerk working there, do the work, then when he gets the coffeeshits snatch anything you've identified as valuable and hide it in the mop bucket.
>>
>>49310570
Does the evidence room have an exterior wall? Because if it does you could use the evidence room as an escape route if your cover gets blown. Demolish the wall, have an escape vehicle pull up, grab anything that looks valuable, and set off some firebombs as you leave so that the police are too overloaded to mount a proper investigation into your crew before any leads have gone cold.

Your primary target in the armory should be the Jazz. Combat stims are way more portable per nuyen than weapons, especially since police drugs are likely to be pharmaceutical grade.
>>
>>49310635
It's a poorly written chart refering to something that doesn't have an actual distinction in that edition. You'll need GM ruling on which of the sniper rifles count as hunting rifles.
>>
>>49309793
I'll call Lex and have something arranged.
>>
>>49306331
>already too many skills

Are you retarded?
>>
>>49311023
At this day a very special fixer got a very special call, asking if he was able to move a mop bucket foll of novahot novacoke.
>>
>>49311088
Are you?
>>
I never asked for this
NEW THREAD:
>>49311851
>>49311851
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.