[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/- Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 404
Thread images: 64

File: Aztlan.jpg (75KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
Aztlan.jpg
75KB, 479x640px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Aznet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49238945
>Pit_Fighting.trd
>Growing_Maize.sim
>Most_Wanted_Amazonian_Terrorists.pdf
>Righteous_Justice_Visited_On_Sirrurg.trd

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 36348 (99% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'You coming to the sacrifice tomorrow?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running RoadToElDoradoChel.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Why is the most stable nation in America the one that pulls out people's hearts? No wonder everyone loves them.
>>
>>49263650
The UCAS has been stable since long before ORO stepped up to salvage the wreckage of former Mexico, you fucking nerd.
>>
>>49263416
So for point 4: won't it be really easy to hack doors and cameras then?

And for unattended devices, does that extend to AR hacking? I don't see how willpower would come into play when defending in AR.
>>
>>49263696
Sure, solitary doors and cameras are super easy to hack, when not slaved to a Host, or to a security spider's deck. They're supposed to be - the same way that solitary guards without biomonitors, automatic weapons, and milspec armor are supposed to be trivially easy for the street samurai to dispatch. That's the benefit of being good at your role.

Also, don't try to make sense of the willpower thing. If it's on someone, it gets the willpower benefit - period.
>>
File: Aztech Soldier.jpg (20KB, 180x499px) Image search: [Google]
Aztech Soldier.jpg
20KB, 180x499px
>>49263680
>UCAS
>Stable

Yeah, that's what happened. Aztlan goes back to 2015, before the UCAS was even created and while the component parts were involved in the Ghost Dance War. 2030 the UCAS gets created, and immediately starts ripping itself apart as the CAS separates. Then a few more years and California jumps ship. And of course the New Revolution.

Not to mention the fact that, over the less than 50 year history of the country, two major UCAS cities (Chicago and Boston) have had to be placed under quarantine after massive civilian casualties following corps messing with things they ought not to have been messing with. Aztlan came under attack from a rampaging Great Dragon, and not only held it together but would have killed the fucker if every other Great hadn't formed the Super Friends to save his scaly ass.

Literally the worst public thing to happen to Aztlan in their history was the assassination of the Aztechnology CEO at the Yucatan Peace Summit, and they wrapped that up by having Dzitbalchén handed to them by Pobre, then did the first trial and execution of a dragon by a metahuman court. They won the PR war in Amazonia, and they've been hard at work co-opting former enemies (see above: Pobre).

Honestly, if I was a citizen in the Americas I'd want to be an Aztlaner. If you don't know anything about the shadows, like 98% of people, then Aztlan is heads and shoulders above everyone in terms of 'not in imminent danger of revolution/being fucked by deals the government made with the devil/having to walk around in a loincloth like the other NANners.'
>>
>>49263806
1) well, that's just what I was asking. The last post in the last thread suggested that once you've hacked your way into a WAN, it'd be the same result as a direct connection. That didn't seem right, even with my foggy recollection of the rules.

2) then why should the street sam even bother buying a R6 commlink? It'd be better if he left it in his car while he went running.
>>
Only caught the tail end of the thread, so I think it's cool to ask again here. Pretty new to SR but I have a game coming up and what I have in mind is a tomboy Oni gal for a street scum level game with kind of a Bancho gimmick, wanna smash some stuff and get into trouble/in over my head with a fight first rabblerouser vibe. Any advice on it?
>>
File: 1438740112471.jpg (93KB, 531x992px) Image search: [Google]
1438740112471.jpg
93KB, 531x992px
>>49263948
>2) then why should the street sam even bother buying a R6 commlink? It'd be better if he left it in his car while he went running.

If he doesn't mind being out of touch with the team the entire run, sure. Commlinks help you network your devices and communicate with other people, which is super useful when you're going into a high-stakes mission. Not to mention that, if any point of the run involves being in the public for a second, not broadcasting a SIN is a huge red flag.
>>
>>49264053
So carry a metalink you don't use for PAN purposes.
>>
File: 1465621715937.jpg (583KB, 3543x2091px) Image search: [Google]
1465621715937.jpg
583KB, 3543x2091px
>>49264116
A popular and well-known choice. Lots of groups reduce the number of PANs they have going, running important shit through the decker for the security bonus. It has a few obvious drawbacks (if the decker is compromised, the whole network is, you can't get too far without noise penalties) but it's a solid alternative for people who can't afford high-Firewall 'links for each member.
>>
>>49264016
There's not much to go on there, dude. Not sure what to tell you, or even what your looking for. Is there something specific you need advice on?
>>
>>49264619
Well the idea is to be capable to an extent but by no means a monster in terms of fighting, Likely not trained with much if any martial skill. Do you compensate with some Face skills for generally gangish leadership. It's a bit of a jumble for sure yeah.

Ideally I want to be able to do some stuff but definitely a total punk.

I guess I'm asking like what peoples thoughts are on the way to roll Bancho shit in a setting like this.
>>
File: 1461531465135.png (655KB, 833x756px) Image search: [Google]
1461531465135.png
655KB, 833x756px
>>49265039
>Banchō (番長?) may refer to either a governmental position during the Ritsuryō period, or the leader of a group of delinquents.

Maybe. Take the Thug Life Code from Run Faster, have the gang be a group contact, be in a gang, easy and common. Running a gang is something else, and requires talking to your GM, because that is a major and difficult-to-quantify resource. especially in a street level game.
>>
>>49265039
I'd probably go melee, most likely clubs, with probably some way to hide said weapons, I'd say Palming is a must.
>>
>>49265039
Assuming sum to six

Prioritise Stats above all else, I'd say go B Metatype as you'll probably want the edge, and B stats E everything else is what you're describing. Go for the edge based qualities like daredevil and Revels in murder. Use drugs for initiative and a boost in combat

It's probably a bit more optimal to go C metatype B stats D magic E skills and cash andd get adept boosts (and still take drugs)

Oh and get a katana not a baseball bat, it's in theme for a Oni and far less shit.
>>
>>49264053

Yeah with how noise works the second your metalink goes anywhere other than a barrens dive wifi hotspot your commlink will be swarmed by spam and pop ups and be basically unusable.
>>
So the bumblebee looks interesting, but I cant find in the nothing personal mobi or epub. Whats up with that?
>>
Hey Chummerguy, would it be possible to add an optional houserule to make Lucky actually increase the base edge, too? Seems like something that might be appreciated by people.
>>
>>49266710
Make a file called override_lucky_qualities.xml in your data folder.

Put this inside it:
<chummer>

<quality>
<id>78f7456d-78b8-461e-a2b2-bd0d63c48712</id>
<name>Lucky</name>
<karma>12</karma>
<category>Positive</category>
<bonus>
<specificattribute>
<name>EDG</name>
<min>1</min> <max>1</max>
</specificattribute>
</bonus>
<forbidden>
<oneof>
<quality>Exceptional Attribute</quality>
</oneof>
</forbidden>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>76</page>
</quality>
</chummer>
>>
File: Bumblebee Drone.png (108KB, 350x310px) Image search: [Google]
Bumblebee Drone.png
108KB, 350x310px
>>49266543
No idea. The PDF is in the pastebin, though.
>>
>>49263911
>being fucked by deals the goverment made with the devil
The goverment is the puppet of evil doom cultists wanting to blow up the world. That's like, totally you getting fucked.
>>
File: Aztech Wetwork.jpg (164KB, 900x1154px) Image search: [Google]
Aztech Wetwork.jpg
164KB, 900x1154px
>>49267210
Yeah, but the average guy on the street doesn't know that. He sees a Path of the Sun priest walking down the road, he gives a friendly nod and wishes the priest the best ripping out of a criminal's heart on top of that stepped pyramid.

Besides, the Horrors are a problem for the future. It's not like they're going to show up tomorrow. and the vidya is stupid for saying so. It's a great cosmic cycle, it's not like they just need a hand opening the screen door
>>
>>49267288
>Besides, the Horrors are a problem for the future
Don't the editions keep jumping a few years into the future every time we get a new one, and aren't the shedim/shadow spirits implied or stated to be similar to Horrors?
>>
>>49267583
Like, centuries in the future. The Sixth World is going to last for several thousand years, same as the Fifth World, and the horrors come at the peak/middle of that. Shadowrun would still be only at the very beginning of the Sixth World even if they jumped an entire century into the future.
>>
>>49267288
>Besides, the Horrors are a problem for the future. It's not like they're going to show up tomorrow. and the vidya is stupid for saying so. It's a great cosmic cycle, it's not like they just need a hand opening the screen door
Except in the novels written back in 1e, Azzie cultists did give them a hand. They failed due to Dunzie's suicide plot. But hey, I sure do wonder what would have happened if someone killed all the dragons, including Dunzie, before he could stop the azzies.
>>
What vehicles do you guys use for the team bus (if you have one). I'm torn between a bulldog, an econovan or even the Sidewinder SUV.
>>
>>49268037
A busted hooptie roadmaster that's been infested by a notice me senpai imouto-type personality AI.
>>
>>49264053
A wireless off micro-transceiver solves that, and can't be snooped on.
>>
File: Ares Sabre GT.jpg (2MB, 2003x2904px) Image search: [Google]
Ares Sabre GT.jpg
2MB, 2003x2904px
>>49268037

Back when I actually played, with my wheelman\face character, I had two vehicles

A custom cyber-muscle car, stat'd by the GM considering the game doesn't have any, that was basically my street racing vehicle, and team vehicle when speed was necessary. Only real time it was needed was when we had to chase down an armored car transporting a redacted prisoner we needed to rescue (before he got interrogated-on-the-road and dumped in the sound), and deal with the convoy outrider combat vehicles.

After that, I\we had a military offroad MRAP 4x4 with heavy armor plating and weapon mounts. We never used it though because it was basically for running off-road smuggling routes between Tshimshian\Seattle\Tir - and we never had any jobs to do that.
>>
>>49268037
My escape driver-type rigger's Hyundai Shin-Hyung. I've modified it to have a six-person cabin capacity, plus trunk space.
>>
File: Land Rover MATV.jpg (72KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
Land Rover MATV.jpg
72KB, 1191x670px
>>49268452
>Tshimshian\Seattle\Tir

I meant SSC - Its been a while
>>
Hey chummers, I need a bit of help.

I'm currently wanting to make a completely drug focused character, but i'm not 100% how to go about it.

I have the general things (Narco, though not going with the Nephritic Screen, His drug of choice, etc.), but beyond that, I'm not entirely sure what drugs I should go with.

Also, I want to make him a bit of a dealer as well, not just a user. How would I go about doing that too?
>>
>>49267288

>Machete don't chat-to-text
>Machete don't use blood magic
>Machete don't communicate with horrors
>Machete-Machete-Machete-Machete
>>
>>49268599

Don't get high on your own supply.
>>
>>49267288
That's literally just Danny Trejo.
>>
>>49268649

Nah, The drugs he uses are not the drugs he sells.... For the most part. He'll have a supply of Jazz he might dip into, for example, but he keeps work and play separate, for the most part.
>>
What's going on around San Francisco and the San Andreas Fault? I remember references to weird magical stuff in it.
>>
>>49268037
The correct answer is the Roadmaster as it has really high body and armour allowing for some nice customablity and resilience, all the while having enough room for a large runner team of a team with extras. Finally it is a civilian veichle so it is easier to drive around a city.

Now my answer would be to save up for a Sea sprite tilt engine. Same benifits of the road master but its also a tilt engine plane and it already has rapid deployment lines or rescue winches
Further more convincing the gm that your secondary propulsion : submersible is just tilting the engines even further back is always fun
>>
>>49268714
Additionally, wasn't there some weird shit with a merc invasion and a wall being put up and a ton of people dying?
>>
>>49268599
Actually makeing a living outside of shadowrunning is not covered in the books. Yes you could take day job quality but that is more working at StufferShack.
Anyway, Narco is great, the screen is quite useful, you also want an injection harness of some description. The basic kamakazi is fairly useful especially with narco beyond that the designer drugs might get you where you want to go but it really depends on what your charater is and what roll they play. One thing to be aware of is the drug interaction table in chromed flesh; taking a second drug or dose is generally ok, taking a third is problematic
>>
>>49268599
Don't be an idiot. Also take the Nephritic Screen.
>>
>>49268865

I'm mostly looking for this guy to be your every-man kind of runner. He's got a Colt Cobra machine gun, semi-average stats, etc.

Not really looking for the most optimal build, though keeping SOME kamakazi on hand probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think I'm gonna stay away from the custom drugs, because its a street campaign, and funds are tight, not to mention they get WAY out of hand, but I'll try to keep the drug interaction table on hand too.

>>49268881
The big problem is that this is going to be a Street game, so getting outfitted is not going to be cheap. Rating 6 nephritic screen is gonna cost about 1/3 my total funds, and I got A rank in resources. Narco is already 16k.
>>
>>49268995
>Street game
Your GM done fucked up if you're not playing Street Scum.

Street Level is "lol, play awakened" the game setting.
>>
>>49269085

GM even said its no-holds-barred. Pull no punches. Nothing is off the table.

Sounds like loads of fun, honestly
>>
>>49268995
>The big problem is that this is going to be a Street game, so getting outfitted is not going to be cheap. Rating 6 nephritic screen is gonna cost about 1/3 my total funds, and I got A rank in resources. Narco is already 16k.
Make the investment. You really do need it for a drugs build to not be effectively suicidal due to addiction risk. Definitely get it Used, though; it sounds like you're going to have sparse enough 'ware that you can afford the Essence, and hopefully 18k won't completely ruin you, financially.

>Street level, Priority A only gives 75k nuyen
Also, your GM is an asshole, and you should play an Awakened character. This is going to go very shitty for you otherwise.

>Not really looking for the most optimal build, though keeping SOME kamakazi on hand probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
My preferred Drug Build loadout is Kamikaze + Betameth. With Narco, you're looking at +3 Reaction, +2 Intuition, +2 Body, +2 Agility, +3 Strength, +2 Willpower, and +2d6 Initiative. If you get them Pharma-grade, they're also not a severe addiction risk, and the crash period gets shortened down to 1/4 when stacked with Narco. You won't really find a better combo outside of some minmaxed custom drugs.
>>
>>49268995
>>49269320
>everyone plays Awakened
>get rekt by drones and Matrix shit

great idea guys NOT
>>
If you want to be a sneaky adept using Deadly Venom and Injection Arrows filled with Narcojet, is Poisoner worth it?

What other qualities are good?
>>
>>49269352
Everyone playing Awakened is a shitty idea in a normal game, but Street Level - which is what we're talking about - mainly only reduces the amount of money you get at chargen. So, instead of getting 450k at Resources A, you get 75k. Instead of getting 275k at B, you get 50k - and so on, and so forth.

Added on to that the fact that Device Ratings cap out at 4 and Availability caps out at 10, and Street Level is very specifically about fucking over mundies.

Awakened, on the other hand, suffer literally no reductions.

It's an Awakened-only style of play.
>>
Shit. Just realized.

Narco is 12F. This is Street, so we have a cap of 10 rating.

I'll have to talk to my GM.
>>
>>49269439
Even street level can't make Technomancers viable.
>>
>>49269463
I WANT THIS MEME TO DIE
>>
>>49269399
>Injection Arrows
1. Injection arrows do normal arrow damage; there's a pretty good chance you're going to kill your target from the arrow alone, and it's almost guaranteed when you combine that with the Physical overflow from the Narcoject.

2. Narcoject is an Immediate poison, but counter-intuitively Immediate poisons/drugs don't actually kick into effect until the end of the current combat turn (entire turn, not initiative pass). Anyone hit will have time to raise the alert before the poison actually has a chance to take effect.

So, your sneaky poisoner adept is going to need a little work. You want a delivery method that the victim won't notice until after the poison takes effect.
>>
>>49269519
What.
>>
>>49269686
If your injection arrow doesn't kill your target from the arrow itself, they're going to hit the alarm and then get killed by the narcoject when it overflows from Stun into what's left of the victim's Physical track.
>>
>>49269686
You start a combat turn because you're dealing damage and all that. They roll high enough to get two passes, or you go first.

You fire your arrow, hitting him square on and injecting the Narojet. Their pass comes up, they press the "OH SHIT" button on his commlink.

More stuff may or may not happen, but once all the passes go through and the full combat turn is over, the narcojet finally kicks in and he kicks the bucket. But now you have more guards dispatched to his exact location.
>>
what book is the "street scum" chargen level from
>>
>>49269118
>GM even said its no-holds-barred. Pull no punches. Nothing is off the table.
That can be a load of fun. I find it more fun when chargen is less skewed in favour of picking a mage or adept.
>>
>>49269783
>>49269742
Well.

That's awful, but alright, I guess.

Is being a designated marksman/sniper type guy actually viable as an adept, then? What do you need for it?
>>
>>49270107
Core.
>>
>>49270107
Core. Just do a pdf search.
>>
>>49270107

Core, page 350.
>>
>>49270133
>Is being a designated marksman/sniper type guy actually viable as an adept, then?
Yeah.

>What do you need for it?
A smartlinked rifle, lots of Initiative, and as much invested in Longarms and Agility as possible.

If you're willing to burn 1 point of Magic/Essence, some cybereyes wouldn't be awry. Cram things like Smartlink, Flare Compensation, and Vision Enhancement on them; put Magnification on the smartgun system's camera. The Tremor Reducer bioware from Chrome Flesh is also fucking magnificent for anyone who wants to take carefully-aimed shots.

It's basically just the standard gun-adept build, but with longarms.
>>
>>49270235
I know nothing about 5e really, so any help is appreciated here. I'm kinda interested in maybe doing that Prototype Transhuman quality?

Or I guess I could do the character as completely 'ware based, but I'm a fan of Adepts.
>>
>>49270272
Prototype Transhuman is a huge asspull of a quality unless you're building your entire backstory around it. Just eat the 1 Essence loss; it's not a huge deal for an Adept.

For 1 Essence, you can get a Rating 2 Tremor Reducer, Rating 2 Cybereyes capable of housing a Smartlink, Rating 3 Vision Enhancement, and Flare Compensation, and still have .5 Essence left over for a Platelet Factory and a Pain Editor.
>>
>>49270369
Why is it a huge asspull?
>>
>>49270474
It's a quality that demands a huge component of the character's backstory to explain how they were born as a prototype transhuman (yes, born as one) which almost no backstories actually adequately explain, and it's hugely more powerful for Awakened characters than mundanes, despite costing the same either way.

Prototype Transhuman means you're a lab-designed freak, created from conception by some biomedical project to prove you can grow bioware as normal organs in genetically-engineered test subjects. It's not some mechanical bonus that you just buy for the benefits of it.
>>
>>49268077
Hey Poke. You got any ideas on how we're supposed to grab this mob boss? Because I expect we're going to need to really work for this paycheck.
>>
>>49270528
So... just make a backstory that gives it a reason? How is that difficult?
>>
>>49270590
>Prototype Transhuman is a huge asspull of a quality unless you're building your entire backstory around it.
>unless you're building your entire backstory around it
As long as your backstory prominently features you getting fabricated and growing up in a laboratory, then either breaking free or getting thrown out for being defective, you're golden.

If your backstory doesn't involve it at least that prominently, it's an asspull.

And if you're playing an Awakened character, it's a double asspull, because then it's just a naked display of minmaxy powergaming.
>>
>>49270625
Relatedly, how do you actually account for that in Chummer? The quality itself, I mean. I don't see an option to reduce the essence cost.
>>
>>49270683
Give yourself a one point Essence Antihole, maybe?
>>
>>49270528
They also say it can just be a mutation, and give you non-Wanted qualities you can take to show this.
It's definitely a weird quality, but there are a lot of qualities that have equally huge backstory effecting bullshit.
Just something as simple as Sensei has you have a backstory including getting trained by them as well as having them be a contact.
>>
>>49270698
>They also say it can just be a mutation
Massive, shitty asspull. If you want to be a mutant, take SURGE. Prototype Transhuman literally says:
>You are an extremely rare, genetically crafted, experimental post-human prototype.
>the downside of being a rare, one-of-a-kind transhuman prototype

The quality represents being manufactured by a megacorp, and efforts to diminish that fact are just really pathetic gestures by powergamers who want the benefits of Prototype Transhuman while ignoring its actual fluff implications.
>>
>>49270683
There should always be a "Free!" option when you get things, including cyber/bio ware.
>>
>>49270683
It does it automatically.
>>
>>49270762
>There should always be a "Free!" option when you get things, including cyber/bio ware.
That makes them not cost nuyen but still cost Essence, which is the opposite of how Prototype Transhuman works.
>>
So I have a question, those karma points I get for contacts, can the leftovers be added to your karma pool?
>>
>>49270794
Nope.
>>
>>49270528
>>49270625
>>49270753
It's just not the big deal you're making out.

Aztechnology rolled out “Family Planning Support” in 2055, and the other corps were likely doing similar (though less prolific) around the same time.

>On the surface, the program relieves economic stresses on families by providing monetary bonuses for each child born to a family. Under the program, the government of Aztlan provides a 10,000 AZT peso bonus for a single birth, 25,000 for twins, 50,000 for triplets, and so on. (When you consider the average annual wage inside Aztlan is around 120,000 AZT pesos, you can imagine how tempting these bonuses are.)
>The end result is a whole crop of 15- to 17-year-old ork boys who’ve been enrolled in special “educational facilities” since the age of 2 years. Those who enlist in the Aztlan military earn an additional 50,000 AZT peso bonus for their families (kids can enlist at age 15 in Aztlan). And those who are accepted into Aztechnology’s military forces earn a 100,000 AZT peso bonus. Not surprisingly, Aztechnology security forces have ballooned during the past two years and the growth shows no signs of letting up.

>And these kids—they’re not just indoctrinated in Aztechnology culture. Some are supposedly cloned from the best Guerreros in Aztechnology service, while others are test-tube babies concocted from gametes donated from those same guerreros. Certainly they’re a grade—or ten—above the barrens-brats a lot of militaries recruit.

Consider that this is the public rollout; they had to have done some prior testing. Prototype Transhumans aren't limited to a life of growing up in labs and vats, and trying to force an issue out of it is silly.
>>
>>49270787
I just made a new sheet, took Prototype Transhuman, added Muscle Toner, and it costs the standard essence.
>>
>>49270792
Oh my bad, thought that would have worked for the essence too, but yeah even then it would still do the money.
>>
>>49270818
Okay
>>
>>49270844
>even then it would still do the money
Augs from Prototype Transhuman still cost chargen money. They just don't cost Essence.
>>
>>49270865
That's what was TRYING to say, I was an idiot for suggesting Free! because then it wouldn't subtract the money even if it DID make it cost no essence which it doesn't so I was just wrong on all accounts. Also that was a really bad way of wording it on my part.
>>
>>49270822
>using good soldiers as studs in breeding programs is the same thing as genetically-engineered prototype transhumans who grow bioware the way normal people grow organs
No. Again, the quality literally states:
>You are an extremely rare, genetically crafted, experimental post-human prototype.
>the downside of being a rare, one-of-a-kind transhuman prototype

It is an explicitly big deal.

You're just being the king of asspull mountain.
>>
>>49270865
How do you actually make them not cost essence, though? It doesn't automatically do it, or if it does, it requires something that isn't apparent.
>>
>>49270921
If it doesn't do it automatically, you just purchase an equal-sized Essence Antihole.
>>
>>49270831
Check your actual Essence deduction; it's sorta doing it wrong since it's not discounting a specific set of bioware, but given the general use-case is bullshit shenanigansy mages that wouldn't be taking any extra ware anyway, it's somewhat irrelevant.
>>
>>49270955
Is it going to just be easier if I allow custom essence costs and just set the essence costs of the ones from Transhuman to 0?
>>
>>49270901
Yeah ... no. You're being an obstinate twat.

You can be a prototype without living in a test tube. If you're not convinced by an entire country rolling out a program to create genetically enhanced soldiers (and really, you're being a fucking idiot by calling *that* an ass pull), think Truman Show. If they want real data on how their prototypes will behave, they're not going to get it by keeping them cooped up like labrats.

You can also be rare without being valuable or wanted.
>This additional Negative Quality represents that [...] there is something wrong with you (them’s the breaks for being a prototype).
Ain't that something? Why, it's exactly like you could be a prototype that grew up normally, was never taken further because you didn't meet the selected standards, and was never informed about any of it.
>>
File: tumblr_nfdkxzLtwU1rtt03xo2_1280.png (463KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfdkxzLtwU1rtt03xo2_1280.png
463KB, 600x900px
>>49270970
That would break it. The way prototype transhuman works is that we calculate how much Essence you've lost. If you have Prototype Transhuman, we subtract 1 from that total essence loss. In some ways this is wrong because you can pick bioware that costs more than 1 Essence and it comes through as a reduction, but eh. I've yet to see a character that isn't a mage take it.
>>
>>49270901
I also think you're over-reacting, sure it's really special snowflake but I wouldn't even consider it to be one of the worse things they added. Practically all of Run Faster is ridiculous fluff-wise, for all the stupid races they add and how rare they are. Fucking Technomancers from core are probably rarer, you can always make test tube babies but Techo's are just one in a billion. The biggest issue with Prototype Transhuman is that it doesn't just say "work it out with your DM" which is really all it should say, because in the end that's all fluff is.

Really your just butthurt because someone wants to be a unicorn.
>>
>>49271079
I'm currently making a character with Prototype Transhuman, Biocompatibility: Bioware, and I'm trying to find if there's other essence reduction or ware-related qualities. Also, again, it doesn't appear to actually be reducing the essence loss.
>>
>>49271090
>Really your just butthurt because someone wants to be a unicorn.
I'm butthurt because everyone who takes Prototype Transhuman wants to play a unicorn, but then refuses to actually build their character around the fact that they're a goddamn unicorn, treating it as the backstory equivalent of being Asian, or not even getting a mention.

I don't care if people take it, but if you take it and then do everything in your power to diminish its backstory significance, rather than building your fluff around it, then you're a powergaming cunt.
>>
>>49271099
Hm. With Biocompatibility and Prototype Transhuman, Bone Density Augmentation Rank 4 and Muscle Toner Rating 1 should give you an Essence of 5.74.
>>
File: 8dd5f5ba.jpg (121KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
8dd5f5ba.jpg
121KB, 799x599px
>>49265170
>>49265324
>>49265345
Thanks a bunch! Honestly a big help for organizing thoughts.
>>
>>49271171
Yes, because that's clearly where this guy was going with that, you got him, well autism fit'd over.

But like that other guy is saying, there are dozens of ways to define that trait, even the book (which it seems you're holding pretty tight to your chest), states you're only worth 25,000 nY. Which isn't even that much, there are cars worth more.
>>
>>49271186
Just to make sure I'm not retarded, is Essence only listed under the 'ware page, or is there another page?
>>
>>49271272
It's also in the side bar under Build Summery. Second stat from the bottom.
>>
>>49271246
>you're only worth 25,000 nY
The bounty to get you back pays 25,000 nuyen. Nobody pays what something is actually worth as a bounty. If you're getting paid 25k to repo a car, you'd better believe that car's worth half a million or more.

It's a big fucking deal, it says right in the quality it's a big fucking deal, and even if you were just discarded for being lactose intolerant rather than having to make some big fucking break from your corporation, you're still a hugely rare and exceptional individual who undoubtedly spent at least some of their life living in a laboratory testing that fact.

When you go, 'Yeah, nah, he was put in a foster family and doesn't even know he's a transhuman,' that's the rough equivalent of going, 'Oh, and he's a mage because I wanted the Heal spell, but other than that being a mage isn't part of his backstory, he just Awoke once and it wasn't a big deal or anything.'

It's dumb, it's an asspull, and you should feel bad about your dumb asspull.
>>
How do you guys do contacts?

Do you prefer having a few contacts with decent loyalty/connection, or a bunch of 1/1's?
>>
>>49271285
Ah, apparently I'm retarded. I was seeing it tick off Essence Consumption, so I figured it was still subtracting, but the Essence number at the bottom says it isn't subtracting.
>>
>>49270901
Also, unless you want to play a character that was born in 2055 or after, then the actual details of what Aztech created through Family Planning Support is irrelevant (just that it exists is enough), and being a *prototype* (ie; preliminary test version), that applies twice as much.

Corps do all kinds of things with transhuman prototypes. Hundreds or even thousands of test subjects could just be seeded unwittingly into communities. (which is even easier than you might consider, considering the BIG megacorp thing has been raising generations of orphans who associate "parent" with "corporation")
>>
File: tumblr_nfdkxzLtwU1rtt03xo5_1280.png (506KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfdkxzLtwU1rtt03xo5_1280.png
506KB, 600x900px
>>49271272
Toolstrip on the bottom of the main chummer window or Other Info tab on the right control panel.

I guess I could change the improvement to only trigger off pre-selected bioware (Probably a checkbox on the selection form), but it'd be kinda nasty to fix for existing characters.
>>
>>49271297
The value of Wanted is a red herring. You don't have to take that negative quality as a Prototype Transhuman, so it's entirely possible you are (heh) unwanted by your corp of origin.
>>
>>49271318
Nah, it works. You might want to like, make a note of it working like that in the program, though. Maybe after you confirm the quality, make it pop up a little box that goes "Hey man, this works like this. Sorry, program limitations. Be aware of it, mention it to your GM."
>>
>>49271297
>he thinks I'm the guy
Heh, no I'm just some other dude telling you to fuck off for being autistic and sperging all over this thread. He asked a simple question about a Quality, and you're STILL flipping out about it.
You don't even know how he's playing it, maybe he's the god damn main character and the entire campaign is him and his friends trying to keep him out of corp hands, but you made an assumption and you've spent all this time being a salty little fuck over it.

You must be really fun to tabletop with, I'm sure everyone loves you.
>>
>>49271355
>he thinks I'm the guy
As the guy bringing setting info to the conversation, I'm not the guy, either.
>>
Can you take metagenic qualities without Surge?
>>
>>49271585

Pretty sure RAW, no, but I've known a lot of GM's who would give it a pass, but sparingly. I'd talk to your GM.
>>
>>49271585
Only the negative ones, RAW.
>>
>>49271585
Negatives yes, positives no.
>>49271343
Honestly for the effort involved it'd be simpler just to do it closer to RAW. A checkbox and some validation logic isn't super hard.
>>
File: 1313861533238.png (32KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
1313861533238.png
32KB, 298x279px
>>49263650
>RoadToElDoradoChel.BTL...
>>
>>49270369
It's worth noting you can put vision upgrades into a scope, which gives you vision magnification by default, which would include a smartlink. Granted it will only give you +1 not +2 but if you don't want to give up the essence it's an option. Prototype Transhuman only gives you bioware, and for a sniper it's the smartlink that's most useful.
>>
File: 723.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
723.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49271171
Would this meet your standards?
>>
>>49272080
>Prototype Transhuman actually features meaningfully into the backstory as something other than a footnote
Yes, it would meet my Prototype Transhuman standards.
>>
>>49272117
Validation, Huzzah!
>>
>>49272080
>That swimming skill
Time to raid the Statue of Liberty.
>>
>>49272139
There gaps in my backstory knowledge, what's at the Statue of Liberty worth stealing?
>>
>>49272117
>all prototype transhumans must grow up in vats or tubes

>>49272080
Cold-blooded is going to absolutely screw you over in anything other than warm tropical waters.

>Minigrenades are grenades specifically designed for use with grenade launchers, set to arm when they have traveled 5 meters from their point of origin and explode on impact (unless using an airburst link, p. 431)

I'd suggest a HEL suit over FFBA.

You're going to have problems vs anything sneaky with 6 dice in Perception.
>>
File: 1363311630054.png (18KB, 643x427px) Image search: [Google]
1363311630054.png
18KB, 643x427px
>>49272239
It was a reference to Deus Ex, the joke is that swimming is useless in that game and the only time to even use it is at the beginning when you raid the statue of liberty.
>>
>>49271300
1/1 are only useful if you DM is really anal about having contacts to buy things. Contacts with lots of loyalty are the way to go since you need someone who'll watch your back out there.
>>
>>49272282
Eh. There were a few other times you had the opportunity to not drown.
>>
>>49271920
>RoadToElDorado.BTL
>Not RoadToChelDorado.BTL.
>>
>>49272273
The quality seems pretty unambiguous on the tube thing, that's why the bioware doesn't cost essence, because it's part of your genome by design. Honestly it's a pretty pointless quality, except for the aforementioned mage thing, which doesn't make a lot of sense from a fluff point of view as metagenes seem to be disinclined to activate in the sterile environment of a lab. Unless there was a specifically magical aspect to the research, in which case you better take the wanted quality as successfully artificially creating a mage would be a hell of a resource.
>>
2d storytime edited version when
2d storytime next when
>>
>>49272273
The HELsuit is a good idea, and yes the the grenades are for a launcher, the machinegun has an under-barrel grenade launcher attached to it.

This character has tons of problems, it's not made to be efficient it was made to a concept for fun.
>>
>>49272344
>The quality seems pretty unambiguous on the tube thing
Not sure if you missed the earlier topic, or just disagree with it, but it's less absolute than you might otherwise think.
>>
What are some appropriate qualities for a Prototype Transhuman that was originally successful, but eventually turned out to be too much of a hassle for the people that made him, and was removed from the Corp and put on the streets, who turned to running?
>>
File: tumblr_nfdkxzLtwU1rtt03xo4_1280.png (428KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfdkxzLtwU1rtt03xo4_1280.png
428KB, 600x900px
>>49272395
Why would you dispose of a successful prototype transhuman without retaining it for medical experimentation or destruction? The character represents billions of nuyen in research.
>>
>>49272425
I mean, if you've got a better idea for a transhuman prototype who's now doing the whole hobo with a shotgun thing, I'm interested.
>>
>>49272393
I'm in the disagree camp, it reads pretty unambiguous to me, and I'm well familiar shadowrun being vague as fuck.

I suppose you could mean that live surrogates were used to birth the construct. But given the bleeding edge nature of the technology I find it unlikely that they would entrust such a valuable commodity to a uncontrolled variable like that.
Especially when the technology to gorw bioware could so easily be adapted to artificial wombs, as they already grow things like that.
>>
>>49272425
They could have released it as a field trial, time to take mysterious implant.
>>
>>49271171
And here I am with the opposite problem. Trying to play a Class 3 Changeling who's SURGE event completely destroyed any semblance of a normal life he could possibly have and is trying desperately to cope in some way or another, hoping shooting people for money will work out enough to keep his mind off of it.

Only to get in game and everyone just treats him normally, except for the occasional moment where my social negatives are remembered, and someone acts like he has something on his face.
>>
File: tumblr_nfdkxzLtwU1rtt03xo6_1280.png (450KB, 868x578px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfdkxzLtwU1rtt03xo6_1280.png
450KB, 868x578px
>>49272441
Hm.

Catch and Release: The character is being secretly monitored in order to determine how their implants hold up to regular use. Probably has Mysterious Implant, possibly Erased.
Washout Fakeout: The character's abilities either didn't manifest properly, or he was able to hide them from the scientists studying him. Project manager wanted to recoup costs for the 'failed' project and farmed the character out into the corporation's 'deniable asset' catalogue. Probably has Corporate SIN.
Guyver: The character isn't the test subject, the symbiote that he's carrying around inside his gut is. Good news it represents a revolution in bioware and has no Essence impact, bad news the people that created it are looking for it.

Why do you want that specific quality, though? Like what's the mechanical benefit of you taking that quality instead of it just being part of your background?
>>
>>49272649
Honestly, I just like the flavor of it. The benefit is nice, and it fits with being pseudo-Dervish I guess, but mostly the flavor is neat and the mechanics are at least kinda-sorta closeish to my idea?
>>
>>49272451
>But given the bleeding edge nature of the technology I find it unlikely that they would entrust such a valuable commodity to a uncontrolled variable like that
The problem I have with this particular stance is that it's established in-setting that using ork mothers to carry clones and test subjects to term is a thing - more importantly, it was a thing in the 2050s and earlier. Then people come along and naysay it. Well, maybe if they're retconning the setting it doesn't work, but I'm not really into talking about someone's head canon homebrew sixth world.

>>49272425
They might very well have kept the subject on hand for future experimentation, hidden in plain sight as a regular corp citizen. Or the project may have been shut down improperly (before or after), with subject personal information sabotaged/misplaced. So many valid options open to explain why the character isn't dead & dissected.
>>
anyone know anything about Lugh Surehand? high prince of the west coast Tir. does he have stats? anything helps.
>>
>>49272425
If they've already got all the data they need, they may not bother with dissection and may just release the character into the wild due to a fucks shortage.
>>
>>49272765
Oh no, I'm sure it would work, I would just suspect now that bioware is developed and prevalent enough that they would have artificial wombs/vats/some other form of hard tech that would do the job more reliably and without as much complaining, possibly even more cost effectively too since it's likely they already have the equipment on hand if they're a biomedical company.
>>
>>49272765
>I'm not really into talking about someone's head canon homebrew sixth world.
And yet here we are playing CGL's Shadowrun.
>>
>>49272836
Addendum, I'm also not sure why it matters whether in a tank or a surrogate's womb you're going to be under controlled circumstances and any birth mother is not going to be in they picture anyway, though it may allow a pretext for your escape.
>>
>>49272844
You're trying to twist the quality into something other that what it is presented on face value, and you have the gall to call what I'm saying headcannon homebrew?
>>
>>49272836
>>49272864
> I'm also not sure why it matters whether in a tank or a surrogate's womb
It doesn't strictly matter; (as mentioned earlier) it's relatively common for corporate children to be raised as orphans/wards of the corp.

> any birth mother is not going to be in they picture anyway
Debatable outside of the above, and contrary to previously established Aztech practices through Family Planning Support.

>>49272888
Giving the quality context within the setting is not twisting.
>>
>>49273032

>Debatable outside of the above, and contrary to previously established Aztech practices through Family Planning Support.

Which wouldn't qualify for prototype transhuman, there is a world of difference between selectively breeding soldiers based on dubious eugenic principles and artificially introducing novel genomics into the subject at or before conception. It's a whole other technological level.

>Giving the quality context within the setting is not twisting.
When it contradicts the presented cannon in the body of the qualities text, it kind of is. Now, that's okay, I put Class 3 SURGE on 723 (see the sheet earlier on the thread) despite the fact he's not supposed to be a SURGE, just a gene-engineered monstrosity. But don't pretend you aren't re-purposing it.
>>
>>49273232
>Which wouldn't qualify for prototype transhuman
You're blatantly missing the point. The established practices of FPS have to be proven somewhere. This will happen in prototyping. Not that complex.

>don't pretend you aren't re-purposing it
What I am doing is grounding use of the quality within the setting. If you're going to try to twist that into something else, you can politely go fuck yourself, ok? Ok.
>>
>>49272782
You can check his stats and his recent history (as of 2074) in Street Legends.
>>
>>49268430
If the wireless is off, how is the wireless communicator working?
>>
>>49273400
It has a 1km range *without* connecting to the Matrix. Planetwide with Matrix.
>>
>>49273400
Proprietary CGL technology
>>
Is spending 326,000 Nuyen/163 Karma in karmagen for 5e on assorted 'ware and gear, as a bio-oriented Street Sam marksman guy, too much?
>>
>>49272649
Reaction Optimizers don't appear to be properly adding their bonus to initiative in the sheet.
>>
>>49273728
Not really. Depends on what you're spending it on.
>>
>>49272425
Budget cuts. The entire department was shuttered in a day due to costing billions of nuyen in research without anything useful to show for it.
>>
>>49273400
I always assumed they were walkie talkies that could also make future skype calls if you connect to the internet.
>>
>>49273929
>Successful prototype
>Nothing to show for it
>>49273863
The Reaction Optimisation bioware, or the Reaction Enhancers? The former doesn't do anything at the moment because I didn't have a way to prevent them from working without the enhancers before. Latter should be working fine.
>>
>>49269742

As long as you fight normal, unaugmmented (or augmented but with WR turned off) humans, it'd be enough, though. With a -10 init surprise penalty chances are an above-average beat-cop won't be able to do anything in the round.
>>
>>49273965
Bioware. And I mean, you can't even take it without the enhancers, so why not just make it work?
>>
File: Domg_lugh.png (316KB, 680x670px) Image search: [Google]
Domg_lugh.png
316KB, 680x670px
>>49272782
>>
>>49273965
>Successful prototype
>Nothing to show for it
It's possible to create a functional prototype that nevertheless doesn't manage to justify further funding. Perhaps the prototype was needed to test whether a particular choice was a dead end or not, and it turns out it is.
>>
So I took friends in high places and now have 49 contacts in Character Generation.

I need at least one contact at 8+ Connection.

I'm open to suggestions.
>>
File: azog the tax filer.jpg (97KB, 1215x657px) Image search: [Google]
azog the tax filer.jpg
97KB, 1215x657px
>>49274226
Do you have someone to do your taxes?
>>
>>49274242
Yep, already have a taxman.
>>
File: panophobia_by_f1x_2-d9rglq7.jpg (445KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
panophobia_by_f1x_2-d9rglq7.jpg
445KB, 1024x724px
>>49274044
My point is, bioware is one of the most lucrative research and development tracks that a corporation can pursue. Even if the research is a dead end, the research subject could still represent a massive windfall for other corporations.
>>49273978
As a general rule, if I have a choice between implementing something wrong and not implementing it, I'm just going to leave it as a bog-standard entry. Anyway, it's fixed in the latest nightly.

Come to think of it, I should probably do a new release build, it's been a few weeks.
>>
>>49274288
That'd be really, really great. I'm trying to put together a character not. Thanks mang.
>>
>>49274285
How about a supplier for pic related
>>
>>49274342

Shit hand me a footlong and call me Jared Fogle
>>
>>49274342
Please no I do not need more children in my life I have to take care of an AI.
>>
>>49271306
Wait, you think a corp is going to put product out the wild for free? If you're genetically engineered you're corp property, someone's expensive designer baby, or the garbage they tossed out.
>>
>>49274226
Show us please?
>>
>>49274226
What about Lofwyr?
>>
>>49274553
>Contact 12 Rating 6
>Lofwyr

Not sure this will go over well with my GM.

Although hilariously one of my runner's dives was sending a photocopy of her ass to Lofwyr's private email.
>>
>>49274641

Two questions.

Did she succeed and if she did, did Lofy ask for more?
>>
>>49273400
It's a radio, it talks to other radios on a voice only channel when the Wifi is off, it's still digital though so as a GM if a player came at me with a plan to reconfigure their comlinks software radio to the correct channel and attempt some kind of novel code injection into the audio data stream to root the thing I'd allow it, but it would be hard as fuck if they didn't have the exact model the targets using and a week to code it.
>>
>>49274641
>>49274762
I'm reminded of that Bosshi special...
>>
>>49274762
>>49274792
If I take Lofwyr as a 12/4 Connection (16 of my 28 points) then yes, you can say it did.

18 points invested and I could say that he flew me out to AGS for a week.
>>
>>49274817
>whoring yourself out to a great dragon

There are worse ways to make money I guess...
>>
>>49274836
Trust me, even if I did take it, that is by and large not the worst thing about this character.
That's the adopted AI. That's the worst part.
>>
So do you need to include a centering focus in whatever action you do for centering? or can it just be say, a ring or a necklace that you just wear while you go full DBZ and scream the name of your attacks?
>>
>>49275244
The centering focus is just an improvement, not a requirement.
>>
>>49274514
No, I think they're willing to put the (meta)human results of a defunct, mothballed, or sidelined avenue of research into a controlled environment that is larger than a padded cell, and from there shenanigans can happen. Among other things.
>>
>>49275286

Okay thank God.
>>
>>49274817
Congrats, you're now part of the great game dragons play, and a viable target for anyone that wants to interfere with Lofy's plans in some way.
>>
>>49275430
>Hey Lofwyr I just killed your runner waifu
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Whichever Dragon decides to kill his character is going to get ripped apart by an autistically enraged Lofy
>>
How common is it for a shadowrunner to have a side-job as a prostitute?

I remember hearing something about the topic a long time ago on /tg/ but frustratingly can't remember the specific details, was it an actual thing that happens or was it just in some sort of THAT GUY thread?
>>
File: Sniper Hobo.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Sniper Hobo.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Alright, I have no idea if this is the correct file format or whatever, but here's a shitty attempt at making a murderhobo sniper. Please rip it to shreds and destroy any confidence I had in putting shit together.

To note, backstory has not been done as of yet because I literally just finished this sheet and it's been a long ass night, and I need sleep. That, and I have no idea if the sheet is a pile of flaming garbage yet, and I'd rather not invest too heavily in the story until I know if I'm going to get fucked for attempting to play this.
>>
>>49275551
I've never heard of any people who had a character who was a prostitute, although Molly from Neuromancer had previously been one.
>>
>>49275481
>implying Lofwyr would have a single waifu
>implying great dragons are simple enough that they need to inform each other of what they've done

In any case, GDs don't work like that. At best, you'd be considered property. Part of their hoard, which another GD can scheme and plot around easier than taking on Lofwyr directly. That's a two way street - L is going to be sniping at their hoard at the same time.
>>
File: 19dgz8x4nyybojpg.jpg (158KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
19dgz8x4nyybojpg.jpg
158KB, 800x1035px
>>49275551

I don't recall the thread for the story you mentioned, but pic related from Neuromancer got the money for her 'ware by working in a Bunraku parlour.

All things considered, turning on the personafix for 10 hours a week in a moderately classy establishment doesn't sound like a terrible way to pay the bills between jobs.

Hell, you might even be a whatsherface style character from Sin City. Yes, she's a whore. Or at least looks like one. But she's actually something of an enforcer for the madams. Not a huge leap to running from that. Particularly with the right intro run. A girl getting kidnapped under the chip, and one of her friends from working tracking her down. A mob bosses kid gets kidnapped and sold into the trade, and the gangbanger turned lady of the night decides to cash in on the finders reward.
>>
>>49275697
>informing each other

Nah man, they can just smell it.
>>
>>49275752
See

>Hey Lofwyr I just killed your runner waifu
>>
>>49275648

You're lacking in pretty much every respect but long arms and perception. For a start, get some of the athletics group skills under your belt, or at least some stealth abilities. You can hit a target very well, but if you can't get into position, or do things beyond break shit, your group's going to have difficulty making best use of you. Your qualities could also make you a real headache to work with, although arguably that'll be part of the fun.

A lot of the recoil mods for the Desert strike are redundant. It's a SA weapon, it just doesn't produce that much recoil. If you have Chameleon coating for the rifle, a full blown Chameleon suit might suit you. Fits with the sniper thing, anyway.

Some more variety with your contacts would help a lot as well. Some GMs can be a bit antsy about high loyalty high connection contacts as well.

>>49275697
So you're suggesting a love Triangle between Alamis, Dunklezahn, and Najda Davier was the real reason DK was assassinated, huh?
>>
File: 1438730829314.jpg (85KB, 760x739px) Image search: [Google]
1438730829314.jpg
85KB, 760x739px
>>49267943
See >>49267867

Blood magic is going on all the time, helping the Horrors, but we are still far off from the level of mana saturation necessary to bring the Horrors into our world.

>>49267583
The shadow spirits are other metaplanar creatures, hostile/predatory to metahumanity, but they have nothing to do with the capital-h Horrors.
>>
>>49267288
The average guy on the Board of Directors, or on the C-team or in the cabinet doesn't know. The SMC doesn't so much control Aztech/Azlan as operate within it.
>>
>>49275830
So just kill the mana to stop the saturation
>>
>>49268806
That was Los Angeles. They had walled off the slums, but then an earthquake broke the walls and the wetback tide rolled into the city. It was out of that chaos that Horizon made a name for itself.
>>
>>49275865
That's like saying that global warming would be totally sorted if we just trimmed down the atmosphere for a few years.

It ain't easy, and it sure as hell isn't going to be safe.
>>
>>49275816
>DK was assassinated
That's just what they want you to believe.
>>
>>49275697
Its not just great dragons, they all act like that. Dragon sex isn't fun and most of them approach it more like conscription than a favored hobby. Following though on that, they don't really do love or lust or any of the other related set of human emotions.
>>
>>49275903
obviously, it was suicide.
>>
>>49274226
You know that's Charisma x4 for contacts only with 8+ connection, not for all contacts, right?
>>
>>49275830
>Blood magic is going on all the time, helping the Horrors, but we are still far off from the level of mana saturation necessary to bring the Horrors into our world.
This wasn't normal blood magic. This was a powerful blood magic ritual on the site of the great ghost dance. The entire point was it'd skip those thousands of years and bring us right to the peak of the mana cycle where the horrors show up and eat everyone's faces.
>>
>>49275816
The rest of the group has utility covered, and I'm our combat guy. Snipers can be used for the designated marksman role, where you stay mobile and closes, right?
>>
File: 1461612983756.jpg (134KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
1461612983756.jpg
134KB, 1024x663px
>>49271079
>I've yet to see a character that isn't a mage take it.

This is my big thing with Prototype Transhuman. It is supposed to be a rare prototype, and doing anything to Awakened people is a huge fucking deal in the setting. If you could brew up an Awakened guy in a tube, the whole world changes.
>>
File: 2D Storytime 2 Update.jpg (128KB, 742x449px) Image search: [Google]
2D Storytime 2 Update.jpg
128KB, 742x449px
>>49272349
TwoDee showed up a few threads ago with an update.

I'm editing as fast as I can, learning LaTeX is hard
>>
File: 1472557863534.jpg (133KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
1472557863534.jpg
133KB, 500x731px
>>49273032
>> any birth mother is not going to be in they picture anyway
>Debatable outside of the above, and contrary to previously established Aztech practices through Family Planning Support.

Considering they pulled the kids away from their families as soon as they were weaned, the mothers might as well be out of the picture. 10 years in Azzie boot camp and the Homegrown Warriors wouldn't be able to remember their origins if they tried.
>>
File: 1468200872737.jpg (321KB, 900x1245px) Image search: [Google]
1468200872737.jpg
321KB, 900x1245px
>>49276061
>implying he died at all

Ghostwalker says hi
>>
File: Both.gif (966KB, 398x223px) Image search: [Google]
Both.gif
966KB, 398x223px
>>49272316
>RoadToChel'sDorado(DoradoIsSpanishForTits).BTL
>>
>>49271300
>>49272287
This.

I like high-Connection, high-Loyalty contacts. If I don't know someone, then they might, because of that connection score.
>>
>>49276473
Ghostwalker is his brother, and both existed concurrently in earthdawn.
>>
File: I Want To Play A Fighter.gif (1MB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
I Want To Play A Fighter.gif
1MB, 400x200px
>>49276827
That's just what they want you to think! Open your eyes, sheeple, he just dyed his scales and put on a fake mustache!
>>
>>49276857
Clearly that's what they want you to think but obviously he has in fact taken over the body of the douche clown and has been keeping out of the public eye for the betterment of all of earths saipents.
>>
>>49275903
How have you or your GMs used elements of Dunkelzahn's will as a plot hook? Was it used well in your opinion?
>>
>>49275551
One of my characters once got 'wared up as a sex slave. She was a bunraku doll owned by the Yakuza, and being the pragmatists that they are they installed her with shit like an auto-injector full of Kamikaze and a set of poisoned Spurs. Aside from being an actual whore, she was there as muscle, with the Yaks able to flip a switch to soldier/assassin mode in the event that shit was going down.

Well, one day a good Samaritan decided to deactivate her personafix, and in the aftermath she murdered her way to freedom, had a street doc patch up her injuries and pull some of the more heinous 'ware out of her head, and settled into the life of a shadowrunner to pay the bills. Managed to make her freedom from the Yakuza into a Debt that needed paying (for the 'ware she 'stole' and for the men she murdered) rather than a dangerous vendetta.

And she never, ever, ever let her crew know about her humiliating past.

She eventually ended up retiring to run a halfway house for escaped prostitutes (usually one kind of junkie or another) and other women escaping from abuse. All in all, I really enjoyed playing the character.
>>
Is there anywhere that has a bunch of people's chum files so I can use them for my group? I want to use peoples creations as npcs
>>
>>49277691
Enable Omae in options and be careful after booting it up because it has 4e mixed in and loading those guys will make Chummer5 crash.
>>
>>49276308
TwoDee got into Infinity? Shit, man, anyone know what he plays?

It's Nomads, isn't it?
>>
File: Ooh La La.gif (3MB, 366x246px) Image search: [Google]
Ooh La La.gif
3MB, 366x246px
>>49274288
Yekka, something I noticed when I updated from 5.183.10. There's a character roster, and it's totally rad
>>
>>49277119
That's actually pretty neat. Do you ever volunteer or work at those types of halfway houses IRL? Those places really appreciate all the help they can get
>>
File: Bow of the Future.jpg (50KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
Bow of the Future.jpg
50KB, 640x478px
Am I missing something, or is there no quiver for arrows? How many arrows can an archer carry, and is that autoquiver Hawkeye uses a possibility?
>>
>>49278602
Hard Targets has a 20 arrow/bolt quickdraw quiver that lets you cycle between different heads/shafts/what have you so that you can draw whichever one you want.

As for normal quivers, well, ask your GM, although for some bow users it may be more a case of how much you have.
>>
>>49276892
I had one arc based around the bequest for creating a pollution eating plant. There was as lead on a rare plant in the wilderness guarded by what turned out to be NAN special forces. Turns out the plant was actually quasi-sentient, and a toxic psuedo-mentor spirit to boot. Fun times. The Runner's eventually destroyed it.

The other one was pertaining to a run that IIRC involved Aztechnology, and a secret room. Well, a runner back in the day had broken in with his team, and been horribly maimed in the process. The Draco foundation was looking after him, but Aztechnology wanted the location of the OTHER surviving runner from out of his badly battered brain. The PC's had to protect him from a snatch and run mission. The Johnson turned out to be the other surviving runner.

>>49276102

Yeah, but Shadowrun fighters aren't DnD fighters, if you see what I mean. Do you really want to sit in the car brooding for 80% of every run because you're near incapable of anything that isn't brute violence?
>DM role
Oh, it's a useful skill set, but Shadowrun tends to fuck you if you can't adapt a bit. For one, plenty of situations demand that you finesse things a bit before going loud. And a sniper rifle isn't exactly easy to conceal.

It wouldn't take many changes. A little stealth, a little extra gear, and a hair more athletics would help a lot. You've got good physical stats, so there isn't much of a difference to make up there.
>>
File: 1442226916897.jpg (70KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1442226916897.jpg
70KB, 800x800px
>>49278746
Thanks, just what I was looking for.
>>
Can anyone spoil the sr:HK extended edition plot to me? Also anything gobbet related in it.
>>
>>49278791
Pack a few Stick-n-Shock+Static Shaft arrows for that sweet, sweet 12s(e), -5 AP action. Regardless of what the other 'slots' are going to be filled with.
>>
>>49278792
As in, the extended mission bits? Or as in the entire game including the base game? There's some fantastic lines for Gobbet in a few of the missions. Girl has her priorities. Oh, and there's a fantastic bit where you unleash a BLT/Hologram/Rave Party rat swarm on a shopping centre. She appreciates that. Thank god for dance animations.
>>
File: 1442221092193.jpg (602KB, 1100x1675px) Image search: [Google]
1442221092193.jpg
602KB, 1100x1675px
>>49278825
You know it. SnS+SS, a few hammerheads, some barbed and explosive heads, and a couple of incendiaries in case I want to get really messy. And of course a pair of seeker shafts, ready to take whatever head is required.

And some spare quivers hidden in the smuggling compartment of my bike, just in case
>>
>>49278831
I beat the base game, but can't play the extended edition. So really just the new stuff.
>>
so I need some help. Will be playing as a rigger in a prime runner game. Got Goliath for team vehicle, some reckon drones and 3 Nissan rotordrones with Ares Alpha for offense. My question is how do I use them safely since they can really can't take a hit even with the extra armor mods. Also some general advises would be appreciated.
>>
File: Roto-Drone.jpg (33KB, 284x241px) Image search: [Google]
Roto-Drone.jpg
33KB, 284x241px
>>49278991
They are not supposed to be used safely. Drones work better as a distraction and suppressive tool, trying to armour them up is a waste of nuyen.

Get enough for a Swarm program, also look at getting some Bumblebees from Nothing Personal for heavy firepower.
>>
>>49278893

You get shanghaied by the HK Police, and effectively dragooned into their service. One of the special forces branches of the police appears to be going rogue, and they need it dealt with by an outside agency. Before that mission though, you can raid an underwater bioweapons lab, and extract a kidnapped minor from a corporate rival.
>>
>>49278991
The thing about the rotodrone is that it's essentially disposable, being cheap, easily moddable, and like I said, cheap.

If you want a combat drone, either get a combat drone or get a small vehicle, armor it up a bit more, get a few anti-electric mods, and enjoy the fact that it has (in effect) discount hardened armor.
>>
If someone is hit but resists the damage of a called shot, e.g. That Hit The Spot, does the effect, like blinding them, apply?
>>
File: Reliant Front+Angle.jpg (18KB, 648x431px) Image search: [Google]
Reliant Front+Angle.jpg
18KB, 648x431px
>>49275744
Why in the hell does no one draw Molly's flechette pistol correctly.
>>
>>49279181
Up to the GM. For That Hits The Spot, I'd say no.
>>
>>49279425
I just found the ruling on it. Run & Gun pg. 112 under Specific Target section.

Thanks for the help!
>>
>>49279360
That seems like a shitty pistol
>>
>>49280024
>He doesn't want a quad barreled pistol
>>
>>49280112
Only quad barrels?
>>
>>49271079
I played a technomancer with it. Was pretty alright
>>
>>49280383
>I played a technomancer
k e k
>>
What large conflicts have taken place in the last 40 years? I'm trying to think of wars my character could have grown up near, and then worked as a mercenary in once he reached adulthood.
>>
>>49280685
Aztland/amazonia war is probably the biggest I think.
>>
>>49280685
Aztlan-Amazonia
Russo-Euro
Muslim-Euro (Though it is in fact the lamest war to happen in Shadowrun)
India-Pakistan
Canadian/American Civil War (AKA the Ghost Dance War AKA Natives Use Plot Devices to Win)
Texan-Aztlan
Third(?) Chinese Civil War
And pic related

That's all I can think of right now.
>>
>>49280877
>Canadian/American Civil War (AKA the Ghost Dance War AKA Natives Use Plot Devices to Win)
How many people actually pay any attention to that or allow it to go unretconned?
>>
File: 95199_1363996114_large.jpg (634KB, 1188x1626px) Image search: [Google]
95199_1363996114_large.jpg
634KB, 1188x1626px
>>49280685
Trollwars in Germany, the Chicago outbreak, various wars in the Yucatan and other Aztlan-dominated areas involving eco-terrorists, freedom fighters, and Catholics, Asamando breaking off, Chinese civil wars, Operation RECIPROCITY, Eurowars, the Jihad, the fighting in Denver and along the CAS/Texas/Aztlan border, anything in Africa.

Go read the 10 Mercs book from 4e for examples, or the section on global hotspots in War!
>>
>>49280877
>>49280932
>Natives Use Plot Devices to Win

What's wrong with that, exactly? It's made clear that the natives were losing, and badly, and that they only forced the USA and Canada to come to the table by going nuclear (alongside the other difficulties those nations were facing).

The continued existence of the NAN afterwards is debatable (though I handwave it because it's fun to play with), but the war itself is straightforward.
>>
>>49280932
Unless someone has completely changed the lore of Shadowrun and redrawn North America, everyone.

>>49280977
Because Canada and the USA wouldn't have gone to the table, they would have just escalated the conflict. That's like saying the USSR would have sued for peace without a retaliatory strike if NATO shoved an ICBM up its ass.
>>
>>49280977
Personally I dislike the developers pushing their personal politics/tastes into the game. Going nuclear is cool and all, but it being muh oppressed natives and succeeding so well that the natives are now globally relevant even after they used up their trump card is bullshit.

>>49281011
>Unless someone has completely changed the lore of Shadowrun and redrawn North America, everyone.
People don't do that anyway? I'm amazed.
>>
>>49281011
That division seems pretty retarded.
>>
>>49281030
>People don't do that anyway? I'm amazed.
I get you're being sarcastic, but come on, no one rewrites pre-2072 Shadowrun lore.

>>49281039
The part I dislike the most is that it just gives Canada the finger, because SR's writers apparently couldn't think of anything better to do with the nation.
>>
File: NordQuébec.png (39KB, 240x281px) Image search: [Google]
NordQuébec.png
39KB, 240x281px
>>49281011
The difference between the situation is that the USSR had nukes and places they could target with them. The USA was under a lot of stress, nuclear weapons were failing, and trying to bomb yourself back into the stone age to kill homegrown terrorists is a low-percentage move.

The Anglo nations could have continued the war, but it looked to them that their cards were spent. They could keep trying to grind out victory, picking off warbands and braves here and there, and the Aboriginals would (as far as the Anglos knew) keep doing magic and keep destroying the continent, preferring to have one guy in a jean jacket standing in the ashes than to share. They didn't know shit about magic, they had no way of predicting what would happen next and no idea how to stop it, and they didn't know the natives had shot their load and killed their best shamans from drain during the Ghost Dance ritual.

>>49281079
>The part I dislike the most is that it just gives Canada the finger, because SR's writers apparently couldn't think of anything better to do with the nation.

I feel that. The dumbest part of the Treaty of Denver is that apparently the natives were fine ceding everything in Quebec, including the rich areas they already control, because apparently nobody at FASA had a book on Aboriginals in Canada.
>>
>>49281131
>Anglo nations don't have intelligence agencies
>Anglo nations have no information-gathering capabilities
>nobody tries to spy or gather information on the enemies during a conflict
Let me guess, they couldn't do that b-because m-magic?
>>
So I'm looking through the Matrix book at some tech stuff to add to a cyberdeck in SR3 (basically aiming for 2050's tech levels here), and I came across some wireless types. Since it's the 2050's, and not the era of total wifi, the options are relegated to your basic radio, cellular, satellite connectors as the standard type of stuff, but there's also the option for laser and microwave wireless connectivity too.

Of the first three, their flux and ECM defensive ratings are based on your cyberdeck, and they appear to be affected by weather conditions, as well as being weak against jamming. Now, of the other two, I understand that laser's drawback is that weather, heavy fog and the likes interferes with its signal, but on the flipside it doesn't suffer from flux or electronic countermeasure weaknesses or jamming. Microwave, on the other hand, has all that, plus weather doesn't interfere with it either.

Ideally, it sounds like microwaves would be the best option for some kind of remote access type of deals, but I'm kind of sceptical about that. Does anyone know what the inherent drawbacks to using microwave remote signals might be? Is it perhaps hampered by range? Is it unable to move through solid objects like walls? Or is it really as bitching-awesome as it seems to be inferred by the lack of having any of the drawbacks the other options have?
>>
>>49281154
I think that was one of the actual reasons.
>>
>>49281184
Realistically, microwaves are very low-energy compared to other wavelengths, and have all the penetrating power of a Japanese man. So yeah, you'd need to have a fairly clear line of sight barring future technomagic.
>>
>>49263650
Quick rules clarification, for 5e. Is Augmented Maximum,
1: Equal to "Your metatype attribute maximum+4" IE: For a human, 6 is the maximum, and the augmented maximum is 10 for all humans that don't have a different max for some reason.
or
2: Equal to "Your personal value in the attribute+4", IE: For a human with 3 in strength, they could only raise their strength to 7 with 'ware and/or magic.
>>
>>49281210
See, that's what I was thinking too. Microwave seemed like it was heavily protected, but at the cost of being incredibly short-ranged. Same way that laser connectivity would be great, until someone stepped in the path of the beam.

By that token, I figure I'll go with Satellite. It's a lot more circumstantial, and relies on a good deck to compensate, but at least it's got better range.
>>
>>49281223
Personal value +4 ya silly goose
>>
File: Vietnam.jpg (178KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
Vietnam.jpg
178KB, 960x717px
>>49281154
Don't be obtuse. I already said that the natives were losing the conventional war. Of course the USA and Canada would do their best to try and find out what Howling Coyote and his rebels were up to. About a quarter of the average SR thread is full of bitching about how Awakened people have a ton of advantages non-Awakened do not.

When one side starts the war by walking through prison walls and having bullets pass through them, and ends it by erupting multiple volcanos, yeah, they have a magical edge. Helpful when you want to do shit like ask the local spirits to keep watch during your meetings, or to assense the area and see if anyone is hiding out and watching you. The not-yet-UCAS was fighting uphill in a war they were not prepared for, and though they were gaining ground it was too slow and too bloody to lead to a victory. Sound familiar?
>>
>>49281131
The response from the Euros would have been genocidal. Considering they outnumbered the natives in both manpower and firepower, it would just have been a matter of placing an armoured division in every strategic location and calling it a day. Also, tactical nuclear weapons against known native concentrations wouldn't have been excessive at all, considering a tactical airburst only really leaves the area toxic for a month or something, and nuclear weapons do still kind of sort of work in Shadowrun.

But I get that people hate when you resort to nuclear escalation for reasons. Still, superior forces, and vastly outnumbering the enemy. If they did go to the negotiating table, the Euros would have had the upper hand, and the more realistic approach to peace would be something like what Canada is doing now (Establishing autonomous native enclaves that are in effect not controlled by the federal government).
>>
>>49281259
Not really. Vietnam was something America didn't really care about, and ended largely because our civilians got pissed off. We got into Vietnam because France asked us to, inflicted heavier losses on the enemy than we received, and failed to achieve our stated objectives because keeping the war going to help France out wasn't worth the costs and the increasing dissent.

The native rebellion, though? That's not just heading out to massacre gooks and help a political ally. That's a fight for survival. You're essentially never going to lose civilian support for "stop the natives from taking over".

tl;dr: To use your metaphor, America is Vietnam, the redskins are the Americans, no way they're winning when America and its populations are as desperate to survive as the Vietnamese were.
>>
>>49281266
>Also, tactical nuclear weapons against known native concentrations
Nigga, that post you fucking replied to notes that nukes don't fucking work well if at all in SR because magic.
>>
>>49281259
It took two nukes to convince the Japanese to surrender when they knew damn well they were fucked, because they were convinced they'd die if they did. The Native Americans only had one nuke-equivalent, and like you said, they were losing.
>>
>>49281355
Incidentally, pulling out of Vietnam subsequently made things worse for the people there because the sudden retreat of the US left it completely vulnerable to getting fucked up by the enemy, who proceeded to butcher countless innocents.

But hey, the hippies got their own way, right? So peace won after all!
>>
>>49281402
They do work though. It's just their yields seem to fluctuate and sometimes they just detonate before being armed because maaaagic.

But hey, you still get a big boom every once in a while.
>>
>>49281449
No. Most of the time they flat out don't go off. Sometimes, they vanish, just boom, gone. Rarely, you'll get a yield fluctuation.
>>
>>49281402
Random anon but why would magic existing make nuclear bombs stop working in general?

Plus, its not like nukes are really necessary in this case, there's alot of other powerful conventional weapons belonging to the armed forces.
You can drop excessively powerful munitions on people without going nuclear.
>>
>>49281429
so what is sum to X's equivalent with karmagen? I want to make an AI but chummer won't let me use priority for it
>>
>>49281473
>Random anon but why would magic existing make nuclear bombs stop working in general?
Because magic. That's literally the explanation. Gaia don't play with that shit.
>>
>>49281473
Because magic is bullshit anon.
>>
>>49281473
>Random anon but why would magic existing make nuclear bombs stop working in general?

Nobody knows. It's one of the mysteries of the setting.
>>
>>49281469
That's pretty retarded.
Honestly the more I hear about the fluff of the setting the worse it gets.
>>
>>49281473
Devs don't like nukes and pollution. So they had GAIA and *the manasphere* fuck up stuff that doesn't fit within their political views.

>>49281479
I think you're quoting the wrong guy here.
>>
>>49281497
You're more then welcome to leave.
>>
File: Sioux Nation Flag.png (61KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sioux Nation Flag.png
61KB, 2000x1000px
>>49281266
>it would just have been a matter of placing an armoured division in every strategic location and calling it a day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divisions_of_the_United_States_Army#Armored_divisions

I'm not an expert, but by my count there were 16 armoured divisions in WWII, the largest amount assembled. How many strategic locations are there in the United States? And how easily can these divisions be supplied with men and munitions, considering VITAS is currently working it's way through your population (while the enemy is largely protected, not living in centralized areas where diseases are easily communicated) and you've already sold off a bunch of your national resources to corporations with their own armies, their own interests (several of them allied with nations not your own), and no pressing desire to strengthen the USA when they can exploit a divided North America more easily (as they did in Tsimshan and elsewhere)?

>>49281429
Again, the governments of Canada and the USA didn't know that the Natives only had the one ace to play. They threatened to do it again, and as far as Whitey knew they could blow Yellowstone up by 5 o'clock. They literally had no idea what the capabilities of the natives were, beyond them revealing that they had catapulted themselves beyond conventional arms and had no compunctions about using their nukes.

Also, don't forget Los Alamos. There's a reason they're called the Los Alamos 20,000; Howling Coyote's first act of war was to bury that city in lava. The Great Ghost Dance was revealing that the natives had gone from one volcano to 5 simultaneously in almost exactly 3 years.
>>
>>49281486
Did Gaia fix the hole in the ozone layer while they were at it?
>>
>>49281498
indeed i am. i forgot to take out the quote. i just use it to open the quick reply window.
>>
>>49281498
Nigga, who actually LIKES pollution? Either way, the 6th world is fucking polluted all to hell and back, so don't try to cry about this being political.

Rebreathers and acid-rain proof clothing is standard in most cities.
>>
>>49281501
Saying SR has alot of bad writing in its world building isn't a particularly extreme statement.
>>
>>49281542
Sure, nobody does, but the developers make it into a Thing with nukes and toxic magic.
>>
File: Discovering pol.webm (3MB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
Discovering pol.webm
3MB, 600x250px
>>49281498
If you think that the reason nuclear weapons don't work is because it's some part of ulterior political message, you're insane. Eco-Terrorists were front and center throughout the early books as extremists, and if there's one constant in SR regarding nature it's that it's nasty, brutish, and will end you shortly. The cities are full of acid rain, but it's better than being eaten by a piasma.
>>
>>49281555
>ulterior
Anon...
>>
>>49281554
Pull your head out of your ass. Toxic magic isn't any sort of political statement.
>>
File: Ozone Hole.jpg (250KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Ozone Hole.jpg
250KB, 2560x1920px
>>49281512
There's still holes over Antarctica and Australia, iirc. Don't know about elsewhere.
>>
>>49281575
Its existence isn't, but the devs sure do a lot of talking about how horrible it is that people defile Gaia with their nasty shit while they're explaining toxic magic.
>>
>>49281509
I was exaggerating by saying an Armoured Division per location (Really, holding something with armour doesn't seem like that good of an idea anyways).

What I meant was that America, during a civil war on racial lines (Assuming a very vast minority of Americans wanted to defect), would be able to mobilize about 13% of their population (Military aged males) which assuming a 10% decrease in population, would be roughly 33 million (About one thousand six hundred full sized divisions), all of which they could definitely arm with surplus weaponry and equipment left over from the cold war, if not ragtag equipment from stores.

That is an absurd amount of troops, easily mobilized considering you're on home turf.
>>
>>49281613
Maybe because toxic magic is fucking horrible, and they want to make it clear this is a BAD THING? Because we still get fuckfaces whining about why can't they do this objectively horrible thing that fucks up everything around it, stop restricting muh creativity even with all that?
>>
>>49281641
>do this objectively horrible thing that fucks up everything around it
Are you familiar with Shadowrun's setting, what corporations do, and the role of shadowrunners, aka PCs?
>>
>>49281614
Try 25%. VITAS 1 was fucking insane.
>>
>>49281668
And toxic magic is still worse yet, and the book bothers to detail this to you so you understand just how bad this is. Is this a hard to understand concept? There are universal bounties on toxics, they are that fucking bad for everyone.
>>
>>49271043

Except the quality specifies 'ONE of a kind', not mass-production. Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>49281684
Okay then, 27 million. To be fair, they wouldn't all be in divisions, a lot would be used for reserves. But still, mobilizing 27 million men who can be easily supplied and armed isn't something to scoff at. That's not even assuming you'd get mass amounts of volunteers from those outside of general mobilization categories.
>>
>>49281700
That's true. So? There are certainly plenty of RP issues to deal with if someone wants to be a toxic dude, but they can generally be dealt with. Why ban them wholesale, assuming you play with a group of reasonable human beings?
>>
>>49281728
Most of those men are going to be dealing with the massive amounts of dead bodies.

As will where you would be getting the volunteers from. Just because someone dies, doesn't mean they stop impacting the people around them. You have to replace what they were doing, be it growing food or some other job, and deal with the horrifyingly massive number of corpses, least they spread non-VITAs based illnesses.
>>
>>49281734
I'd assume because the immediate result of playing a toxic mage is that they'll end up dead within at least two or three sessions due to being mentally unstable, horrible fucking people, and some people don't want to deal with whiny edgelords crying about people "stifling my creativity!" when their toxic mage gets killed off - usually by the rest of the party, for their own self-preservation.
>>
>>49281771
Mandatory work for women and those unfit for military service.

You talk about this like World War 1 and World War 2 never happened. Modern total war is nuts.
>>
>>49281773
>mentally unstable, horrible fucking people
That's not outside of the range of typical shadowrunners.
>playing a toxic means you must be a whiny edgelord
Who hurt you? Regardless of whatever bad experiences you've had, you shouldn't try to generalize them to everyone who might want to play a toxic.
>character gets killed off
That happens often.
>by the rest of the party, for their own self-preservation
Sure, be a shitter as a toxic in the group and you get dealt with. How's that different from any other form of shitter?
>>
>>49281851
The entire fucking setting wants you dead. There is no 'if you are a shitter'. The whole of the party WILL be killed WITH you, unless they ice you first.

Toxic magic is big, flashy, and impossible to hide. You will be IDed, you will be hunted down.
>>
>>49281875
You know you can also be an adept? It's not that flashy.
>>
So long as the DM agrees, do you think it's appropriate to keep a concealed implanted weapon a secret from the other players?

The idea is that because it's an illegal exotic, the character wouldn't crack it out unless shit was dire, and he wouldn't want the others knowing as to not possibly incriminate himself / others?

I also like the idea of whipping it out and seeing the looks on their faces.
>>
>>49281881
Your aura is irrevocably tainted. Anyone glancing at it will see it. And then? Then it's time to hunt you down for that big, fatassed, sweet bounty.
>>
>>49281509

Biowarfare. Just re-release smallpox on the natives and call it a day. But nooo, muh Mary Sioux!
>>
File: 1438534034859.png (532KB, 736x944px) Image search: [Google]
1438534034859.png
532KB, 736x944px
>>49281814
In both those cases, America had a chance to prepare itself for total war (as did the European powers). In SR canon, the Ghost Dance War comes after a decade or more of starvation and labour strikes, of repeated exposure of corruption in the government (and the assassination of the President in the middle of the war), and of a general selling-out and loss of national feeling and unity.

I get where you're coming from, but the America of 2011 SR is not the same thing as the America of 2011 our time, or the America of 1917 or 1942. Is the exact dealings of what the governments of America and Canada did during the war underexplored in the fluff? Definitely. But as background material, it holds together with a minimum of duct tape.
>>
>>49281916
Cite that rule, please. As I recall, it takes at least four hits on assensing to be certain of that. Auras get tainted by a shitload of things, including the person just being a bad mood. In addition, there are methods to hide your aura. You can let go of your hate-boner now, you know.
>>
>>49281926
Yes, because somehow the magic keeping VITAs away won't keep away this much, much weaker sickness.
>>
>>49281851
>>playing a toxic means you must be a whiny edgelord
>Who hurt you? Regardless of whatever bad experiences you've had, you shouldn't try to generalize them to everyone who might want to play a toxic.
O hai reading comprehension. If you actually bothered to read what I said, instead of tightening your buttcheeks at the idea of someone not agreeing with you, the 'whiny edgelords' were the ones who would be crying about getting killed over playing a character that was guaranteed to get themselves killed.

You might as well be asking 'what's wrong with playing a bug shaman?' Hell, to help along your failure to read, let's put it another way: the 'whiny edgelord' remark would apply to someone who would be bitching about the fact that their bug shaman had their soul eviscerated and that they got turned into a meatsuit for a bug spirit and now their character was dead.

Same stupid choice, same stupid result. Now, I'll argue this: You are perfectly free to make a toxic mage or a bug shaman. You are NOT permitted to bitch and moan and whine about it when that decision gets your character killed in five seconds flat.
>>
>>49281903
Yea of course my mage has mind control spells that the other team members dont know that he possess.
>>
>>49281957
Aren't most anti-X spells really specific? One Less X, Slay Whatever, and so on. An anti-VITAS ward not being able to keep away smallpox seems reasonable to me.

>>49281967
>Now, I'll argue this: You are perfectly free to make a toxic mage or a bug shaman. You are NOT permitted to bitch and moan and whine about it when that decision gets your character killed in five seconds flat.
I'm glad we agree on this. I hope you manage to find a better outlet to express your frustration someday.
>>
>>49281953
Fluff is enough for most GMs
>>
>>49281951
Sure, let's assume there was a very good reason why America could not be an effective war machine, but that causes me to raise another question:

Would Denver not be the Versailles of the USA (Now UCAS)? The UCAS is said to be one of the only world "Superpowers" left, and I could definitely see an analogy to the NSDAP becoming popular after such a crushing defeat, and the will to reunite the American people under one flag.
>>
>>49281953
Given the size of the bounty? Suspicion is more then enough for detainment and full checking. You really don't fucking understand just how bad toxic is, in setting.

This is exactly why the book goes into such detail about how bad it is, because of fucktards like you that will try and downplay it. Thanks for being such an abject object lesson in why they do it.
>>
>>49281988
>I hope you manage to find a better outlet to express your frustration someday.
And I hope you find something else to act like a smug cunt about other than people having legitimate objections to something you think online.
>>
>>49282011
>I could definitely see an analogy to the NSDAP becoming popular after such a crushing defeat, and the will to reunite the American people under one flag.

Enter New Revolution, stage left.
>>
>>49282046
Unlikely, friend.
>>
>>49281903
Sure, why not?

Not telling everybody what you carry (be it whatever it might be) is a sound option.

Surpise is always good and even better when it leads to you being able to pull a move that nobody predicted.
>>
File: boiled hard.jpg (24KB, 450x242px) Image search: [Google]
boiled hard.jpg
24KB, 450x242px
>>49281971

Christ I hope you're not in my crew.
>>
>>49282068
Are they actually mentioned to ever be relevant in SR metaplotness?

Do you really think there is ever a chance of the UCAS making NAN their Poland?
>>
Do you think there's a place for multiplayer Shadowrun-like (PC) game that's close to SR in the style but without resorting to literally stealing ideas and names from SR?
>>
>>49282125
If we replayed Shadowrun's history realistically, yeah, the NAN wouldn't last long before people realized they actually didn't have the power to keep up their magical WMDs or to keep a grasp across the entire continent. Especially once the rest started Awakening. I'd give them a year or two before things started to fall apart for them.
>>
>>49282156
That'd kind of be a neat alternate history of Shadowrun to work with, I suppose. Though maybe it would eliminate the whole "Balkanize America" thing Cyberpunk as a genre has a fetish for.
>>
>>49282156
What is supposed to stop others calling their increasingly obvious bluff as magic abounds?
>>
>>49282212
Nothing? I think you misunderstood my argument. I'm saying that they'd collapse once their lack of manpower and reserves became obvious and other people also got magic.
>>
>>49282138
..So you mean any kind of cyberpunk game so long as it doesn't involve elves and magic?

Take your pick. There's Cyberpunk 2020, there's Cyberpunk-2020-meets-The-World-of-Darkness if you really want magic and shit involved. There's Cthulhupunk or whatever. Deus Ex. Two indie-tier games that've been released in the past years include Technobabylon and Dex, plus that one bartender game which I can't be arsed to recall how to type.

Point I'm making is that cyberpunk is a setting that anyone can do. So really if you wanna make a multiplayer game out of a cyberpunk setting.. it's really just a question about whether or not you're making a good multiplayer game, period.

Personally, I'd go for something like perhaps GTA5 or Postal as a multiplayer basis.
>>
>>49282237
I should have emphasized the 'IS' to better get across my question, asking is there any handwave in the canon that lets the NaN keep being a big dick empire when their foundation is so flimsy.
>>
>>49282252
I'm a one man army so I'd rather not stretch the scope too much, a fully featured 3D first/third person game would be either out of my skillset or would take me so much time I'd give up before even working up a playable demo. I was thinking more of a passive management (like a hideout, character screen, inventory management etc) after logging in, then rooms/lobbies where you join for "runs" which would be turn-based.

But you've made a valid point, thanks and sorry for posting here if it's not suitable.
>>
File: 1441255023209.jpg (547KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441255023209.jpg
547KB, 800x960px
>>49282125
I mean, they assassinated the president of the CAS, almost took out Colloton of the UCAS, and came damn close to taking over the whole system in a coup d'etat. If Deus had won in the Second Crash, NR would be in control of both American nations.
>>
>>49282308
Personally, after playing Dex, I'd be up for a Metroidvania-styled cyberpunk game. Add in stealth options like crawling through air-ducts and the likes. Plus a 2D multiplayer would be nice to see again. Haven't played one of those since Metal Slug.
>>
File: Troll Tribal Skull.jpg (35KB, 425x239px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Tribal Skull.jpg
35KB, 425x239px
>>49282138
There was a Shadowrun multiplayer vidya. It just had ideas about 5 years before the tech was there to support it.
>>
>>49282368
Think they'll ever try it again?

If not, think they'll try some other Shadowrun multiplayer? I recall there was an MMO, but that it didn't do so hot.
>>
>>49282298
In Sahdowrun's present, they've had time to build themselves up and repopulate, so there's that. Right after the war, a bunch of spirits liked them and people were afraid, but I doubt that'd be enough and I'm not aware of anything else that might help them.
>>
So, I'm starting up Shadowrun 5e, and I haven't played in a while.

What are the Core items that everyone NEEDS, and nobody should ever forget during CC?

I know the big 3 are: Armored Jacket, Fake SIN (Highest value available), and Ammo for your Gun (if you have one)

But I feel like I'm missing something critical that any runner will need.
>>
File: Sioux.png (1MB, 1079x733px) Image search: [Google]
Sioux.png
1MB, 1079x733px
>>49282298
Read the Shadows in Focus: Sioux book. Basically the country getting ready to come apart at the seams because they have spent two generations preparing for war, given massive resources to the Office of Military Intelligence (which has assumed a sort of power-behind-the-throne role), invested in SOTA anti-ballistic missile defenses and preparing the populace to fight a guerilla war, and nothing has happened. The UCAS and CAS are not motivated to try and conquer the continent, they have enough problems at home.

Now all the men who stood with Howling Coyote are dying off, nobody thinks war is imminent except those old bastards and the paranoid at OMI, and the people of the country are looking to change things up.

The NAN in general are not standing shoulder to shoulder anymore. The Tribal Council is respected by mouth but not by deed, and there's a general push in the younger generation to bury the hatchet, which is opposed by the entrenched power structure (the aforementioned old men, and the native corps who couldn't survive the open market without protectionism).
>>
>>49282492
>>49282492
Commlink, senpai.
>>
>>49282503
>Anti American Partisan
>Using an Ares gun
>>
>>49282520

Got one of those too, Implanted, and a spare junker. Anything else?
>>
File: 1465476486544.jpg (416KB, 600x790px) Image search: [Google]
1465476486544.jpg
416KB, 600x790px
>>49282492
Go look at the PACKS in Run Faster (they're also implemented in Chummer as an easy-to-use option). Those cover all the basic gear everyone needs.

Except lifestyle. Get a lifestyle.
>>
>>49282534
Lifestyle, some transport maybe? Depends a bit on what you're making, I suppose.
>>
>>49282554
>>49282540

I was more looking for the "It doesn't matter what you're making" important items.

Thanks for the help, though, chummers
>>
>>49282585
>I was more looking for the "It doesn't matter what you're making" important items.

That's literally what PACKS are for. Open your eyes, read, and get the Advanced Runner PACK.
>>
>>49282503

They need a good old fashioned civil war.
>>
>>49282532
Thats a Nissan Optimum.
So definitely not an Ares.
>>
File: H.L. Mencken.jpg (22KB, 564x250px) Image search: [Google]
H.L. Mencken.jpg
22KB, 564x250px
>>49282635
Don't we all.
>>
File: ares_alpha.gif (9KB, 474x319px) Image search: [Google]
ares_alpha.gif
9KB, 474x319px
>>49282658
You are incorrect
>>
>>49282585
Shit you always find usefull and that isn't to expensive:

Medkit
Plastik restraints
Chisel/Crowbar
Flashlight
Spare Flashlight
Subvocal Micro
The Survival Knife with usefull stuff in the Grip
>>
>>49282532

>it is inconceivable that a partisan would use weapons they stole from the enemy

This is like guerilla warfare 101.
>>
File: Nissan Optimum.jpg (91KB, 1920x640px) Image search: [Google]
Nissan Optimum.jpg
91KB, 1920x640px
>>49282690
debatable
>>
>>49282732
You think if she's going to pose for a dramatic picture, burning the flag and what not, she'd at least pick up a Kalashnikov instead.
>>
>>49282757

Yeah, NAN never really did get the whole PR thing down.
>>
>>49282743
The Nissan Optimum has a different triggerguard, grenade launcher, and magazine than what was pictured. That gun is definitely an Alpha.
>>
Bone lacing specifically states it gives you a BODY boost strictly for resisting damage.

If I were to gain Body from other places, say, Drugs, could I have an effective body soak of over +4?

For example: Base body of 6: Titanium Bone Lacing (+3), and then taking k10 (+3 body).

Would I be soaking with a body of 10 (+4 for augmented maximum), or +12 (+3 Body increase, and +3 body for damage resistance).

Also, a question about Drugs: Would my Physical Track get bigger if I were to take something that increased body (At least, until it stopped working and crashed)?
>>
>>49282798
yes
>>
>>49282308
>>49282138
Forget the multiplayer.
Instead give us Mr. Johnson Tycoon 2075
>>
>>49282798
>If I were to gain Body from other places, say, Drugs, could I have an effective body soak of over +4?

Arguable either way. I would say the RAW answer is no, because the bonus from bone lacing is specifically related to Body.

>Also, a question about Drugs: Would my Physical Track get bigger if I were to take something that increased body (At least, until it stopped working and crashed)?

Yes, any increase/decrease in attributes also affects derived characteristics (stun and phys condition monitors, initiative, movement rates, and such), whether it is temporary or permanent.

One notable exception is the adept power Attribute Boost, which specifically says it affects dice pools only and does not affect anything else.
>>
How difficult would it be to have a drone 'body guard' without going full rigger?

I'm making a sniper, and I'm just looking to have a small drone with a cheap SMG that can shoot guys who try sneaking up on me while I'm focused on trying to take a shot.
>>
I'm trying to come up with especially bad organizations in Seattle that normal runners wouldn't work with (or at least wouldn't let word get around) for a Black Hat campaign. So far I've got Tamanous for organ-legging, Humanis for hate crimes and the Yakuza for specifically their Bunraku business. Any others? Maybe certain corps (or certain activities of certain corps)? I could use something evil on the magical/spiritual and Matrix sides as well.
>>
File: The REAL CSA.png (62KB, 888x556px) Image search: [Google]
The REAL CSA.png
62KB, 888x556px
Why are the Confederates called the CAS (Confed American States) and not the historical CSA (Confed States of America)?
>>
>>49283017
Off the top of my head I'd assume in order to distinguish between the two, so they can claim historical continuity where convenient (cultural identity) but then claim to be a totally Original Country Do Not Steal when people claim it's fucked up to bring back the Confederacy.
>>
>>49283036

I Second this. Makes the most sense to me.
>>
>>49282919
Anyone remember those old Bullfrog games like Theme Hospital and Theme Park?

Theme Megacorporation.
>>
File: CAS Flag 2072 On.jpg (6KB, 200x147px) Image search: [Google]
CAS Flag 2072 On.jpg
6KB, 200x147px
>>49283013
One drone can be controlled through a commlink. You only need an RCC if you want to control a group of them, or a control rig to jump in.

Buy some autosofts to go directly into the drone to improve it.

>>49283017
>>49283036
Calling them Confederates is actually a slur in the canon, because they don't want none of that. But they are the Confederation because narrative convenience.
>>
>>49283013
Not difficult, just expensive.

Get a drone with a Smartgun with IFF detection, give your Teammates the appropriate Tags to disallow the gun to shoot them and tell the Drone to circle around you and shoot everything that comes in close.
>>
>>49283088
>>49283060

Alright. I'm not the BEST on money, but a Crawler is only, 4 grand, and a cheap gun is only a couple hundred.

Never done drones before. How expensive would it be to outfit this drone? I don't need it smurfed out, just 'good enough'.
>>
What's the 4e version of 5e's run-and-gun book?
>>
File: America First.png (63KB, 800x421px) Image search: [Google]
America First.png
63KB, 800x421px
>>49283060
But they are confederates. They are the Confederated States of America. Why name your country that, and have a flag evocative of the CSA, if you in fact do not want to be the CSA?
>>
>>49283119
beyond the drone and gun you need a weapon mount for the drone, and autosofts.

you can control drones with your commlink, but you can only order one at a time, and not having a RCC means you need to run the autosofts on the drone, which limits the rating and number of softs you can use at once.

a rcc capable of running 3 autosofts at once will run you 16k (i mention 3 because thats what it takes to run a targeting autosoft, perception autosoft, and a smartsoft, which seem like what you would want on your bodyguard)

no skills are needed for any of this unless you want to modify or repair your drones yourself
>>
File: 1465407912554.jpg (333KB, 1400x724px) Image search: [Google]
1465407912554.jpg
333KB, 1400x724px
>>49283119
You can get half your Device Rating rounded up in autosofts, so two for most drones. You need Clearsight as the perception tool, Targeting for the gun, and/or Stealth to keep it hidden.

The Mini-Zep is only 2000. Add in an SMG with a pop-out mount (from Rigger5) to use up it's 4 mod points, and some autosofts, and you have something that blends in with the sky in any urban setting, and is undetectably armed, coming in at less than 5k.
>>
>>49283121
Arsenal.

Unrelatedly, is Revels in Murder actually any good? How much base damage do you need to be outputting before it actually pulls it's own weight?
>>
>>49283139
Because >>49283036
>>
>>49283119
Well, the absolutely cheapest option would be to simply get rifle and put a smart-firing Plattform to its underbarrel slot, turning in into a stationary sentrygun with the push of a button.
Costs 2500 Bucks, Core Book 433.

What you really do want is the safe target system from Run&Gun page 52 to make sure it really only shoots what its meant to shoot.

Costs exactly 1000 Bucks for the base System, added image recogniton 10 extra profiles and 10 RFID Chips.
If you go by the Core rules, the Crawler should have enough Body to mount a Weapon mount, so that should be fine. Its Pilot is also pretty high, so its a really good choice if you don't want to stick with a flying Drone.

IF you go for a flying Drone (which has pros and cons), i'd go for the Bumblebee from one of the enhanced Fiction Books. Decent Armor, integrated Weapon mount.
>>
>>49283050
Megacorps business is too diversified for a game. And most of the day to day business would not be much different from other business sims.

A Johnson/Fixer simulator would not be that different from an Adventure Guild manager style game, just with a Shadowrun veneer. But I am still waiting for a good one of those, anyway.
>>
Thanks for the advice on the drones. I'll have to do some thinking on it for sure. I like both options, I'll just have to double check my finances.
>>
>>49282798
>taking K10

Boy...
>>
File: Rigger.jpg (214KB, 800x329px) Image search: [Google]
Rigger.jpg
214KB, 800x329px
>>49283202
IMO, if you get an RCC you're going full rigger. You can have a single drone that is reasonably good without it.
>>
>>49283345

I'm not actually taking K10 on a whim, I was just using it as a reference so that I have large numbers for distinguishing what I was talking about.

I only have one dose of K10, and thats my "Roll a new character, this one is going out like a hero" option.
>>
Could it theoretically be done to put a satellite receiver on a computer terminal or device, such as a drone, and then use a satellite uplink on a cyberdeck/remote control deck to connect straight to that receiver on a secure channel, without having to bounce it off a satellite in orbit? Basically that you'd be tying the RC/deck's satellite connection features to the drone/terminal by designing it to respond to the signal the same way a satellite would when receiving it.
>>
When might the new version of chummer release? I can't seem to connect to the upload servers.

Will it require remakes of characters?
>>
>>49283451
Go to OP.

Use the link.

Download the latest nightly.

It may or may not, depending on what state your characters are in now and what the last update you have is.
>>
>>49283470
Last time I tried to fuck with the nightly, it seemed almost completely non-functional.
>>
>>49283485
I'm using it, seems fine.
>>
When a Quickened Spell gets dispelled or pushed through a mana barrier, is it permanently gone, poof, bye bye karma? Or does it come back over time, the way suppressed foci slowly blink back to life?
>>
>>49283613

If completely dispelled, its gone forever.
>>
I have multiple character concepts I'm fiddling with so I'm going to ask a stupid question for each

>How badly can SURGE fuck up biometric scans?

>How would you stat up an air tank as an improvised weapon.

>How viable is a rigger/summoner? Or am I just being incredibly retarded because essence

>What are some things to consider when making a decker who just sits at home and never, ever leaves or even gets out of their seat. Not full "put me on life support I must be plugged in forever" tier, but relatively close.
>>
>>49283674
>If completely dispelled, its gone forever.
And if not completely dispelled? Do the hits slowly return, or is it a case where once a Quickened spell is damaged like that it's often a better idea to just scrap it entirely to replace it?
>>
What is the latest year of the setting that could be reasonably represented by the Shadowrun Returns game? I think the big limiting factor is the way Deckers interact with the Matrix with their clunky cyberdecks.
>>
>>49283682
>How badly can SURGE fuck up biometric scans?
As in, make it so you no longer resemble former scans? 100% completely. Even shit like retinas, dental, blood type, even sex. It's all vulnerable to getting shuffled.

>How would you stat up an air tank as an improvised weapon.
Like, a tank of compressed air? Depends on the size, and what poundage of air is still in it. The more air it has left in it, the higher its damage, but the lower its accuracy, because shit's heavy.

>How viable is a rigger/summoner? Or am I just being incredibly retarded because essence
You're being incredibly retarded - not just because Essence, but because summoners use Charisma to determine how many spirits they can have bound, while Riggers use Charisma for literally nothing. There's absolutely no synergy, unless you're going to try to put Possession spirits into your drones or something.

Pick a minion type and stick with one archetype or the other.

>What are some things to consider when making a decker who just sits at home and never, ever leaves or even gets out of their seat.
That it's not viable, especially in 5e. You need to actually go to your target location and plug your deck into the mainframe if you intend to go decking. The only archetype even remotely capable of that kind of strictly-remote-operation is a Rigger, using massive stacks of Noise Reduction to use drones as remote proxies.
>>
File: 1446932253493.jpg (133KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
1446932253493.jpg
133KB, 736x981px
>>49283682
>>How badly can SURGE fuck up biometric scans?
For a low-rent one, something very strange would return an error. A high-end model wouldn't be phased.

>>How would you stat up an air tank as an improvised weapon.
R&G has a table for improvised weapons. I'd put it at chair level.

>>How viable is a rigger/summoner? Or am I just being incredibly retarded because essence
You can sacrifice a point of essence for a control rig and sundries, no problem. I'd be more worried about getting enough skill points, something riggers are already stretched thin on.

>>What are some things to consider when making a decker who just sits at home and never, ever leaves or even gets out of their seat. Not full "put me on life support I must be plugged in forever" tier, but relatively close.
Consider that it's against the intent of the latest edition, and the boring pleb option.
>>
File: tumblr_o7ymd2Xzvx1tb5g6zo1_1280.jpg (136KB, 704x850px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7ymd2Xzvx1tb5g6zo1_1280.jpg
136KB, 704x850px
>>49278130
Glad you like it!
>>49283451
Probably sometime today, but what upload servers are you talking about?
>>
>>49283777
Whatever the update stuff is for Chummer when you click Check For Updates
>>
>>49283687

>Every net hit reduces the number of hits the caster had in casting the spell.

This is RAW, and I read it as it retroactively reducing your original roll, so no, it doesn't come back.

You only need to spend 1 karma on a quickened spell, so it doesn't necessarily require a lot of karma investment, but every karma you spend is +1 to resist dispelling attempts.

So, a force 8 Armor spell only needs 1 karma to quicken, but, you COULD spend 8 karma to make it even harder to dispell.

So, a dispel attempt might, say, -3, and you'll have 5 armor left, and at that point, I think its up to you on whether you keep the spell or cast a new one.

But yeah, karma spent won't be recovered.
>>
>>49283806
Alright. I guess I'll just invest in a tattooed Sustaining Focus of a sufficiently high Force instead, then. The way Quickening works just rubs me entirely the wrong way. Thanks for the help, omae.
>>
>>49283765
>You're being incredibly retarded - not just because Essence, but because summoners use Charisma to determine how many spirits they can have bound, while Riggers use Charisma for literally nothing.
What if I said I was going to use charisma anyways? I knew this probably wasn't going to work out anyways but it was worth asking

>>49283768
>For a low-rent one, something very strange would return an error. A high-end model wouldn't be phased.
I'm talking full Class 3. I'm trying to figure how much of a life can be thrown upsiddown without having to take extra negative qualities, because I'm maxed on negatives already I think

>I'd be more worried about getting enough skill points, something riggers are already stretched thin on.
I always lack skill points, or money. Usually both, with people telling me to dump what I have skill/gear wise because I have a problem with building to much fluff into a character mechanically.

>Consider that it's against the intent of the latest edition, and the boring pleb option.
So much for The Prune then
>>
>>49283857

Well, to be honest, 1 karma isn't the biggest price, to make a spell last nearly indefinitely,
>>
>>49283883
>What if I said I was going to use charisma anyways?
Then you're gimping your Rigging. They're contradictory archetypes - enhancing one takes points away from the other.
>>
>>49283910
That's all I needed to hear. I know that not sticking with something is pretty shitty so now I know at the very least.

I have incredibly little idea on how to operate a summoner of any kind anyways so I guess I'll just scrap the entire concept.
>>
>>49283892
For sure. I just don't like it. Spending karma on anything that temporary rubs me the wrong way, regardless of how powerful or effective of a character option it is. Even if a sufficiently-powerful Sustaining Focus ends up costing me more karma to attune to than re-Quickening a spell over and over would have ever cost, it doesn't bother me in the same way.

I'm probably just autistic, or something.
>>
>>49266951
I did that, and it doesn't appear to be working properly.
>>
>>49283926
>I have incredibly little idea on how to operate a summoner of any kind anyways so I guess I'll just scrap the entire concept.
It's super easy.

>summon a spirit; how well you roll against the spirit affects how many Services (wishes, favors) it owes you; unless you Bind the spirit, it disappears at the next sunset/sunrise, regardless of how many wishes you still had
>bind a spirit you already summoned; spend literally thousands of nuyen in Reagents in order to Bind the spirit, adding extra Services (wishes) on to the number you're already owed, and making them last indefinitely until used, instead of only lasting until dawn/evening
>you can only have up to Charisma spirits bound at once

And that's all there is to it. When you need a spirit to win a fight for you, you burn a service on your bound Combat spirit to tell it to help you win a fight. And so on, and so forth.

You use quick-summoned, weak, unbound spirits for general utility, and throw down a Service from one of your bound big boys when shit's really important.

You can also use the Leadership skill (also based on Charisma, happily) to give them extra bonuses, playing bard to your summons.
>>
>>49283927

No no, I get you. I don't like Quickening either.
>>
>>49283985
I dunno, I figured on just having drones in general and not actually jumping in, but once you get more than one or two it's probably the point where you get your RCC and control rig.

But like I said, scrapping it. I have something still, if I can figure out how to explain things in a logically consistent way
>>
>>49284102
If you're not actually going to jump in, you don't need a control rig. There are better ways to get noise reduction.
>>
>>49284162
Control Rigs don't grant Noise Reduction, omae.
>>
>>49284162
I honestly haven't even looked into noise that much. I'm working with broader concepts at the moment and my only real experience with the game at all has been as such:

>It's your turn
"Uhh, I shoot at this guy" [rolling]
>Ok yeah you hit him in the face and he's dead
or
"Ok I guess I'll cas-"
>No you use the medkit first
"Oh, right, I use the medkit first"
[Turn goes by]
"Now I cast heal"
>>
>>49284448

New Thread
Thread posts: 404
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.