[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 28

File: New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg (4MB, 1801x5825px) Image search: [Google]
New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg
4MB, 1801x5825px
Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread: >>49137570

Previously: The Ice Age Continues.

Writefagging last time:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository
>>
File: Vanguard SA.jpg (147KB, 354x506px) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard SA.jpg
147KB, 354x506px
>>49154274
>>49155652
This is the current set of flakes battling.

Below is the rules:

>During each round, flakes will be assigned to random opponents in single-elimination tournament fashion.
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.
>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
>Flakes that directly contradict lore, especially by going against or interacting inappropriately with canon characters, will be disqualified.
>Flakes that are joke or troll flakes will be disqualified. The use of silver-bordered cards in a flake’s preferred spell list automatically disqualifies them.

>During the first round, all flakes will be placed into the roster randomly. Flakes that are disqualified will give their random opponents a bye for the round.
>During the first round, flakes will be revealed in smaller groups, noting disqualifications and asking the thread if they wish to disqualify anyone else.

>During each round, small groups of flake match-ups will be revealed
>Arguments and votes will be taken from the thread over which flake is likely to prevail over the other.
>After each round, the flakes that move on will be re-randomized on the roster to make match-ups unpredictable.

>Match-Up rules will treat both competing flakes in a match as though they are both forced into conflict with the other, and neither is allowed to planeswalk away until a winner is determined. Flakes will be treated as though they start with zero assisting summons and will not have prepared for this encounter.
>>
>>49155652
Here we go
>Kahomat VS Leon
Jesus fuck Leon, and I thought I used a lot of cards.
Anyway, both of them are warriors by birth and trained as such, but Kahomat also has a direct advantage in his cobbled-together Abzan spirit magic being fucking devastating based on Anafenza's DTK UR. While all of Leon's magic is "Army harder." No Boros or fire to speak of.
Additionally, they both play to strength in numbers, but spirits are a bit harder to deal with than soldiers.

>Ka'Koarm VS Sajek
Weren't we just talking about Ka'Koarm having problems with mind magic? While it's not exactly calming him down, the Scepter of dominance forcing him to 'kneel' for a while is probably going to piss him off. If Sajek underestimates him for a second then Ka'Koarm is going to oneshot her though. Sort of like this
https://youtu.be/8q-3A7l_bw4?t=61
It even fits because Sajek'll be tearing apart Ka's mind the whole time.
>Bianca VS Angelica
Bianca seems to be an entirely pacifistic healer type while Angelica's fighting style seems to be "Is a self replicating mass of acidic slime in the shape of a girl."
It's not easy to heal from acid burns is what I'm saying.

>Wyston VS Iohannes IV
Oh that's a match-up.
Wyston has no seeds of rebellion to sow in Iohannes IV army, so it comes down to their personal strengths. Unfortunately, unless he could do something decisive fast, Wyston is an aging wizard while Iohannes is a skeleton lich thing.
That said, Wyston feels like he has plenty of tricks up his sleeve, and feel like he can put a win out through cunning.
>>
>>49155824
Bianca and Angie are both made by me.
>>
>>49156016
yeah, I'm still wondering what Sajek is fully capable of, if she can fully delete memories at a distance she can put me through a loop of forgetting why I was angry, allowing her to keep dealing me blows without me remembering tot try and heal or fight back. It's a little weird that my guy;s biggest weakness is in one of his own colors, but that's just how it worked out.

>>49156101
then I guess you're the authority on which one you think wins? I don't think this is the first time this has happened either, right?
>>
>>49156118
>she can put me through a loop of forgetting why I was angry, allowing her to keep dealing me blows without me remembering to try and heal or fight back.

I like that. I think I'll use that.
>>
>>49156016
>Aging wizard
I don't see any downsides to that personally, but that's just my interpretation of WIZARD.
>>
>>49156229
He'll get tired out by the skeleton king and his knights chasing him on a horse all day. The wizard may have phenomenal wizard powers, but he's out of his physical prime.
>>
>>49156118
No, I think it's the first time one of my flakes went up against another one of mine. But, Bianca is more like a party support character rather than a standalone fighter. I'd give it to Angie.
>>
Does anyone have the Kaladeshi color pie image?
>>
>>49156167
What's next on the filth schedule?
>>
>>49156016
Who do you expect to he final round? DIOMEMEDES can lose now, soI think anyone with good blue magic can beat him or maybe black with good removal.
>>
>>49156459
I'm actually not to sure, we just have to watch it round by round. I imagine Gaia has one of the strongest chances, even though the mending probably, thankfully, nerfed her pretty hard.
Plus it entirely depends on who fights who. If all the telepaths and mind mages fight people other than Ka'Koarm and lose, but he never sees anything but the bruisers, he stands a great chance of winning.
Thane technically has a walking nuclear option, but even that last fight says that probably doesn't really give him too much of an edge.
I only brought him up because I feel someone expected me to.
>>
>>49156459
honestly, as far as I can tell by round 4 the flake lineup is going to look less like a bunch of wizards and warriors and more like a showa-era monster clusterfuck, so I'm witholding any faith in traditional mortal race flakes for until we see the victors of round 3
>>
>>49156555
I'm pretty sure people are going to be focus-firing Gaia down because they don't want her to face their flakes. Or at least that's what it seemed last round, if the tie was any indication. So, regardless of argument, I'm pretty sure she ain't winning this. Hell, she'll probably go down in round 2.
>>
>>49156555
I'm actually most worried about the time wizard dragon. Unlike belloski, subaru or whatever that dragon's called isn't small, and uses a type of magic Ka'koarm cannot comprehend, so not only can Ka not manage the magical power of him, but can also not gain a size advantage on him. He's pretty close to an anti-ka'koarm weapon as far as combat styles go.
>>
>>49156607
But the time wizard dragon is out-of-sync with itself. It's got a built-in weakness.
>>
>>49156638
he's still got a one-up on me as far as I'm concerned. Lag or not, Ka'koarm can't use his magic againt time spells because he cannot grasp the concept of interacting with time. IT's kinda his big over-arcing story, because he wants SO BAD to go back in time and get his revenge before it's too late, but his magic only works on concepts he understands the mechanics and compositions of. He cannot alter or deny something he does not grasp the concept of.
>>
>>49156596
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking will happen, too. It's a shame, because I would like to see a fair fight between flakes.
>>
>>49156638
The way I understand time wizard dragon is
>It sees the future where it gets punched in the fate.
>With it's two second lag, it covers it's face to protect itself.
>He gets punched in the gut.
Or am I missing something?
>>
>>49156555
Due to the ambiguity of the last thread, I've actually decided to make a quick document detailing some of her powers and abilities further. Hopefully it will make things easier for people.
>>
>>49156997
that would be very appreciated.
>>
>>49156997
That actually sounds like a good idea. I might too. Most anons who are watching their flakes should actually.
>>
>>49157078
>>49157090
Actually, as I'm making the document, I'm starting to feel like an asshole. I mean, before I made her, I knew an oldwalker that makes a large and stable/balanced plane would have to have access to a wide array of magical disciplines. But this is getting a little unfair. I'm kind of wishing she was disqualified now.
>>
>>49157158
I mean like, how unfair is it? Is it really that bad?
>>
>>49157158
think of it in terms of bolas. Even while very powerful, he lost a fuckload of spells, memory and power when he ceased being an oldwalker. If you have a lot of spells, find their lower power versions and use those instead, or pick only two spells of each color to represent your flake's current power. Gaia's body and mind may currently simply not be capable of containing her full knowledge and spell power as it used to, show that.
>>
>>49157228
That's something good to consider, actually. Thank you.

Right now, I'm just going through a list of magical disciplines and, using a combination of her feats and history, trying to figure out her skill with each area. I'm putting them in a list of magics she's mastered, magics she has moderate skill with, magics she has little to no skill with, and magics that she had a talent for before she ascended. I'll continue to enumerate it after that. Then once I've made that list, I'll figure out which disciplines she's forgotten, which have been diminished, and to what extent they've been diminished. Sound good?
>>
>>49157228
>>49157264
True. Remember that Bolas had to take advantage of Alara to rebuff himself.
>>
>>49157274
What about Ugin? Do we know how much he lost/how he regained or maintained his power? Has he regained any power even?
>>
>>49157274
and even then he didn't get nearly all of what he wanted. thanks to a fedora-furry no less.
I love you ajani I'm sorry but it's true you kinda are one

>>49157291
I don't think he regained anything, he's probably very bad-off with the whole having been on life support for a thousand years thing. As far as I can tell, him and bolas are kept in a narrative near-equal power.
>>
Also, is Chronomancy actually a colorless discipline? I'm putting it on the list of magical disciplines she has little to no skill with. I figured any colorless shit will go there. What other colorless magics are there?
>>
>>49157327
chronomancy is blue, time is blue's thing.
while usually translated into blue and green, manipulating the aether itself is a colorless discipline. Ugin is the best research tool for this currently, but I suspect more points of research on the matter will come from kaladesh, they seem to know their stuff there.
>>
>>49157327
>>49157393
I would also say that artifice, while blue, can be a colorless discipline, but gaia seems too dominantly green in persona for me to really think she'd use too many non-mana related artifacts.

Hell, that might actually be a way to lower Gaia's power in card representation, only use multicolored cards that have green as one of their colors?
>>
Ice Age, you still here? I think it might be time for polls, conversation on the fights seems to have stopped.
>>
>>49157327
Who would have won, Old Walker Will or Gaia? What about post mending?
>>
>tfw i showed up before Leon's round ended
jesus christ, Kahomat is basically just him but with spirits and religion instead of soldiers and sad drinking. I'm gonna have to give it to cultmaster extraordinaire here.
>>
>>49157488
Will anon and I have had this exact conversation before. Iirc, he thinks Gaia would win in both scenarios in a straight up fight. He said that Will is more of a manipulator, and would go back in time to manipulate the events so that the fight never happened, or that something else, like a third party entering the ring, would occur, thus tipping the balance in his favor.
>>
>>49157500
Are you voting against your flake there? Why? And how do you feel about the other fights?

>>49157540
so he looks like gandalf but he fights like palpatine?
>>
>>49157571
I guess? I think he looks like Jeff Bridges and fights like a politician.
>>
>>49157571
>Are you voting against your flake here?
Yes.
>Why?
Because the other guy would beat him in a fight. Do you not understand how this ice age thing works?
>And how do you feel about the other fights?
Sajek has the power to manipulate angerfish, Angelica is made of acid and thus pretty hard to beat, and Iohannes is a badass skeleton lich.
>>
>>49155927
>>49154274
>>49155652
We've been up long enough.

POLLS!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11149629
http://www.strawpoll.me/11149630
http://www.strawpoll.me/11149631
http://www.strawpoll.me/11149632
>>
>>49157680
YAS
>>
>>49157090
>>49156997
If I survive this round should I do this too? What do you guys think should be on such a document? Should a flake battle sheet template be made up? or should additional areas of information be added to the bio sheets and the writefagging sheets?
>>
>>49157913
Well, I'm almost done with mine. So I'll post it and maybe you could follow the template if you want.
>>
>>49158028
cool beans, though I suspect I may not need to worry about it on my end.
>>
>>49158058
Aight, this is it. If something is wrong or need adjusting, let me know. I'll probably add to it before her matchup starts. This is just the first draft. I'll go back through and reread her stories (both finished and unfinished) to decide what needs to be added/stay/go/modified.
>>
>>49158220
How many cocks has Gaia sucked, and how strange and inhuman were they?
>>
>>49158311
In the meme verse, as many as your fetishes want. There's nothing I can do to stop the memeing. In the actual verse, very few. Who knows what they were?
>>
>>49158340
I imagine mostly elves and one elderly human
>>
>>49158220
What was her power level on the 1-10 scale we used awhile ago? Do you remember?
>>
How much more time you think we got, Ice Age?
>>
>>49158524
I think it was like 8 or 9. Bolas level basically.
>>
>>49158569
I'm gonna let this one ride out to the end of the hour.

There's only one batch of flakes left in the round, and that will be the overnight poll. Assuming they survive disqualification enough to require a contest.
>>
>>49158601
oh man, what
>>
>>49158524
>>49158575
She was a 9ish, yeah. Basically, a big-leaguer.

Who'da thought?
>>
>>49158623
NOW what is she, depowered?
>>
>>49158620
DID IT SNEAK UP ON YOU?

TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO FLAKE FOLDERS, AND WE'RE ABOUT TO RUN THEM OUT. IT TOOK SIX THREADS, BUT WE'RE FINALLY HERE.
>>
>>49158640
I'm more wat-ing at the remaining flakes potentially not surviving disqualification, who's left?
>>
>>49158636
That IS depowered. The scale was for neowalkers. The anon who made the scale specifically said oldwalkers pre-mending were at an 11+ power level. So she was 11+ pre-mending.

>>49158640
Fucking at last.
>>
>>49158676
There aren't even enough for a full batch of eight. There's only six more. Just at a cursory glance, without really looking at their sheets in depth, there's already one obvious diqualification and maybe another one.
>>
I made one too. This kind of situation plays very well into Serena's skillset, she has no need or even really considers preparing for combats. As shown in her fight with Murdock she can be easily baited into traps, so really a fight assuming no prep time is when she is at her strongest.

Still will probably get rekt by Gaia though.
>>
Reminder that being Human is not explicitly worse than other races

And also that the main reason that no one is really Bolas-tier is that even if he weren't a planeswalker, he's literally an Elder Dragon and doesn't even need a spark to beat you at EDH, which he has been doing since long before your ancestors were even imagined possible.
>>
>>49157680
>The last America flake is going to lose
>The revolutionary is losing to a king

Unpatriotic shits, all of you~
>>
>>49158785
while this is true in many cases, in most of the humans vs cases so far it has not been true, by virtue of the opposing monster having obvious advantage of being able to do anything a human can +.
When kithkins, elves, and dwarves are being discussed against humans, race will factor in much less as an advantage.

>>49158835
I'm canadian, the us can eat it
>>
>>49158835
I mean, no meme magic allowed here, but it's at least slightly disappointing that the gap is that wide.
>>
Oh wow, the Snowflake threads are still going? I'm the guy that made the UG walker Symon, it's nice to see that he's still in the big list- and I approve of the paraphrased backstory, haha. I assume if he was in this elimination tournament you guys are running, he got knocked right the fuck out? I'd like to keep working on him now that I have some more time, but I'm not sure how I want to go about it.
>>
>>49158863
He lost to the Cathar, to be more specific.
>>
>>49155927
>>49154274
>>49155652
>>49157680

The following flakes advance to the next round:

>Leon
>Ka'Koarm
>Angelica
>Iohannes IV

The next batch of flakes is as follows:

>Kirelah
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxclF5TV9fWGF0U2s

>Madame Snare
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWW96a09nSnFzRXM

>Father Christmas [DISQUALIFIED: Un-Flake]
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRUJ3TF9RMTN5NW8

>Fiorenza
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNmswTWhwSXc1eFk

>Torbern
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdkNwa3JjTExDeFE

>Horo Kumohiro
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdUo5YkFFdl9XTkk

DISCUSS!
>>
File: timebug.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
timebug.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>49158936
And a jokingly late image. WELCOME TO THE END OF ROUND ONE. LET'S GET THIS TRAIN WRECK TO THE NEXT STOP!
>>
>>49158936
[EXHALES LOUDLY]
>>
>>49158936
Horo would have had to be on Theros for thousands of years if he went to work for Grenzo right after that.
>>
>>49158882
Ah, I see. Are the matchups archived anywhere?
>>
>>49159024
I believe Ice Age is working on an archive for after a round is finished or something, but he didn't seem too enthusiastic about the idea of making it.
>>
>>49159024
I keep a master document. You can also just trace back the last five threads.
>>
>>49158729
Something I didn't mention is that Serena uses cloudshift a lot.
>>
>>49159071
>>49159070
Ah, I found it... jesus, I'd vote for the Cathar in that matchup as well. Guy's a badass.
>>
>>49159080
>what's the weather like, serena?
>cloudy with a chance of FIRE
>>
>>49158936
Fiorenza mentions the Jeskai monks when they had been dead for a long time before the rifts started popping up on Dominaria which was 60 years ago at least when they were all sealed up. I feel the divorced from time would put her in the same camp as will
For Kirelah, I never thought Kor would be backing down out of fear of vampires.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (121KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
121KB, 750x523px
Is planeshifting still a cool thing?
>>
File: sweating.gif (583KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.gif
583KB, 400x225px
>>49159353
>>
>>49159353
I mean, like.

That's one fine fucking ass.
>>
>>49159353
that's gotta be so inconvenient wiping the base your tail down after every single poop, you pretty much have to roll the tp into rope and floss them cracks
>>
File: Stone Rain.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Stone Rain.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Alright, made my own for anyone curious enough to what Thane can and can't do.
>>
>>49159353
I want to ruin that ass.

>>49159363
Who are you writing smut for next?
>>
>>49159373
>Succubus demon cleric needing to poop
Her butthole was designed exclusively for sodomy. It is always clean, and evil, but clean.
>>
>>49158936
sorry Ice Age, that ass is very distracting
>>
>>49159521
Bavara, literally working on it in another tab right now.
>>
>>49159000
I dunno, what about that moonfolk planeswalker from SOI, how old is she? how long do they even live?
>>
D-Did my Praea/Bluefingers story ever get noticed or should I repost
>>
>>49158936
Horo would have a few thousand years worth of life based on his backstory. While it's not lore breaking since he spent most of it as an oldwalker, he should probably be pretty old and gray by the time he worked for Krenko, nevermind making it to Innistrad.
Remember: Liliana had time to become a withered old lady by the time Bolas found her the demon lords.
>>
>>49159740
more like demon chumps
>>
Guys, it's the last fight of the night and of the first round, lets focus so we can start something new tomorrow.
>>
>>49159683
Post it again

>>49158936
Fiorenza seems to be scattered across time and space, but is mostly stable, that said, she lived in both Jeskai and Ojutai tarkir while being fully aware of both. That's probably a bit of lore breaking. Maybe?

Snare is an intangible Horror. I'm pretty sure those occupy the same space as shades most of the time. I don't think she really has a body. I'd put her down as questionable too.

Horo is okay, but ancient.

Torbern is fine.

Kirelah is fine.
>>
>>49159683
>>49159851
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jSIpLoSNIOJAKPRoku8BOqVneF5NjKVumfla0r0AVLs/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>49159934
good, now post it again, but this time with feeling
>>
>>49159851
Present Jeskai doesn't exist anymore so I would call Fiorenza lore breaking
>>
>>49159976
I wouldn't call her at all
>>
>>49159740
To be fair, he is a soratami. Do we know what their natural lifespan is?
>>
>>49159934
What's youur steam or f-list profile name?
>>
>>49158936
I agree with what others have said about Snare. Without a physical form, I don't think she can hold a spark.
>>
>>49160153
I'm Snooze in the Steam group.
>>
>>49159635
Who she carpet she munching?
>>
>>49160182
You'll see.
>>
>>49160210
Is it Salacia? Can she get what she wants that way?
>>
>>49160215
Her meeting up with Salicia isn't a bad idea, but no, that's not it. You don't have to keep guessing, I'll probably have this done by the end of tomorrow.
>>
>>49160252
You should have one or both take the Big Black Dragon.
>>
Matchups soon?
>>
>>49160304
You know Bavara's into girls, right?
>>
>>49160309
Gaia vs Dragon cock

[spoilers]can't beat the cock[/spoiler]
>>
>>49160320
Cant beat the cock? Salacia then
>>
>>49160327
If you highlight the text and then hit ctrl-s it auto-spoilers the text. Just a tip.
>>
>>49159092
Don't worry, Anna will probably be knocked out next round so they can go spend some time together.
>>
>>49156016
>>49156118
>>49156167
Writer of Sajek here. Deleting memories takes some time, and particularly "hard set" ones take more effort (and physical proximity), so it would depend on just how badly Ka'Koarm would want to kill her. Creating memories, however, is way easier, so I feel like if she were forced to fight, step one would be subduing with the Scepter, and if that didn't work then she would try to make memories of them being friends.
>>
>>49160427
she would try to win against the angerfish with the power of friendship?
I already love it.
>>
>>49160465
Alternately, if the angerfish is too angry to even spare friends at the moment, maybe insert the idea of "there's someone else hiding nearby that you hate even more than me, you should go kill him instead." I made it clear in her writeup that she's not a fighter, so she would definitely flee at the first opportunity.
>>
I-Ice Age, you still with us buddy?
>>
>>49160580
well, I'm glad you're on at least. You a part of the Steam group?
>>
File: 1445657188715.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445657188715.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Do the Planeswalkers have a personal mana pool that's not connected to the Colours?
>>
hey look, I'm back

what did I miss in the last three weeks?

also, where's the anon who said that moving large, non-living things between planes was stupid. I've got fantastic news.
>>
>>49162515
We've been pitting the flakes head-to-head in voting tournaments based on their weapons, skills, and abilities to findiut who would winmatches between them.
Nishal won his match against Vontrask and advanced to round 2
>>
>>49163679
fucking right he won. Nishal is best cat, hands down.

also, while on vacation I managed to find the Nahiri Commander deck in a secondhand store for $0.50, which means I've finally got a Kemba. feelsgoodman.
>>
>>49162198
I do not believe so.
>>
>>49163774
Nice find. That's pretty fucking great.
>>
>>49163774
ikr? I also found the black-deck for Revised Edition sans rares for $2.75, but I didn't buy that because I didn't have the change for it and they were cash-only.

I went back the next day and it was gone, but I don't mind too-too much because I didn't know the exact values of revised edition cards at the time
>>
>>49163994
fuck, selected the wrong post. >>49164007 was meant for you.
>>
>>49163916
So all magic in mtg is based on/used through the Colours?
>>
>>49164179
Yes, exactly. The color pie is core to the game and lore. Though there are 2 exceptions:
Artifacts typically work with any color, though lorewise blue, red, and white are the best artifact colors, black is neutral to them and green hates them.
The only other noncolored magic is the eldrazi, which are eldritch horrors above the concept of our reality.
Oh, and there's Ugin, but he's weird.
>>
>>49159393
Thane sounds a bit too strong and diverse in magical disciplines for a guy under 20. Just saying.
>>
>>49158729
I thought that until recently, Serena didn't do much fighting, and Goldnight mainly used her as an ambassador to the humans and a healer. I remember reading that in a writefagging, I think.
>>
>>49158220
Fuck that's a lot of magical disciplines. I'm glad you included that she's forgotten some and lost skill with others after the Mending, otherwise I was going to call for her disqualification.
>>
>>49160344
Yay.

>>49164373
Correct. Not much fighting by Goldnight standards is still a lot of fighting though. She doesn't do it often but she's old enough to have plenty of combat experience even though she doesn't fight too much.
>>
>>49164673
Also the fact you remembered something from one of my writefaggings makes me super happy. I legitimately just clapped my hands and squealed.
>>
>>49164690
I thought you might like that. I haven't read nearly all of your writefaggings, but I did read some of your earlier ones.
>>
>>49164329
It's a long list of big names but it all sort of makes sense:
The Geomancy/lithomancy he can say he's 'mastered' because he was using it on a day-to-day basis in his home around Akoum, which is deserts, earthquakes, mountains, and volcano land.
His hydromancy is like-wise only decent because he's a roilmage. He'd likely have no skill in hydromancy without it.
The sealing magic is just the usual "align the hedrons and power them up" variety. He's read like a book on geist magic, and usually just uses them to power aformentioned hedrons.
Personally: He's impulsive and shit-tier at planning, and has barely passable skills in close-quarters

Still, most of his elemental magic comes in being a roilmage, which does make him disproportionately strong due to his age: Even Noyan Darr basically says "You're either a good roilmage or a dead one."
He's basically a better than average acolyte from this http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/shaping-army-2015-10-21

Plus the year of experience fighting the eldrazi across Zendikar means he got a lot of practice learning how to nuke them and not himself. He's even a bit nerfed off of Zendikar because most planes don't have a roil to upset, meaning all his roil magic starts at 0 instead of 5

At least, that's how I see it, let me know if it's still not adding up and we can talk about it some more.
>>
>>49164826
Still, I think what is getting to me is the shear power and the Hydromancy, which feels out of sync with his otherwise very red persona. He sounds more powerful than Noyan Dar, and he's only 18. I'm fine if he has that same skill level when he's older, but as it stands his casting sounds a good deal stronger than Serena's, and she's an ANGEL with 500 years of experience.
>>
>>49164903
To be fair, Serena's more a warrior than a caster, I'm not being serious here but I see what you mean.
Hydromancy is the wrong term I guess. It's more "roil the water"
I do imagine Noyan's a good deal better of a roil mage than Thane, and could probably achieve roil levels Thane could only dream of, plus Noyan'd be an expert at everything the roil affected, where-as Thane can handle the rocks and ground, but needs a roil to to affect the sea.

Thane's great at Geomancy, and pretty good at roil magic. The two definitely supplement each other and provide a bit of variety, which is why he seems stronger, he can use geomancy while building up fury/irritation to use the roil, which makes him something of a slower caster for the big stuff than Noyan.

I suppose the best way to think of it is time:
Suppose it takes Noyan 10 seconds of channeling to use the roil to nuke the field.
It'd take than 18 seconds to pull of the same feat if he was just channeling, but in a heads up fight, it'd take longer because he's also trying to use his geomancy to protect himself. So he really only uses small stuff. If that makes sense?
>>
Alright. Finally finished this flake I've been working on lately. I've been so tied up that I haven't had time to complete her until now.
>>
>>49165193
Give me a second. Typos.
>>
Sorry about the lack of polls last night folks. Ol' Ice Age Anon ran out of steam. The match-ups will be revealed just as soon as I can wake my dumb self up.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 2114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2114x1600px
>>49165193
Alright, here we go.
>>
>>49165228
Don't worry about it. Sleep keeps you sharp.
>>
>>49162515
Now lets just scale the amount of energy it needed to take a vase from one point in a room to another in the same room up to an airship and then aiming it to other planes across the blind eternities?
Does Iosha have access to the resources that requires on every plane she visits because it would still be probably impossible to just carry it with her spark.
>>
>>49158936
The match-ups are as follows:

>Torbern VS Father Christmas
Tobern gets a bye to the next round as the result of Father Christmas' disqualification.

>Kirelah VS Horo Kumohiro

>Fiorenza VS Madame Snare
Amazingly, both flakes are disqualified.

Polls shortly. We've only got one contest to vote on, after all.
>>
>>49166352
Ditzy artificer that makes toys versus angry fucking samurai.

Angry fucking samurai gets it.
>>
>>49166418
I believe that the swords she makes are not toys.
>>
>>49166418
>>49166487
Regardless of the shitty alter pic, I'd give it up to kirelah. She has big summons and a toolbox of equips.
>>
>>49158936
>>49166352
http://www.strawpoll.me/11153829

That's it...

Vote...

BRING ROUND ONE TO ITS END!
>>
>>49166125
the Aether, the thing that powers the ships, comes from the blind eternities. All Iosha would need to is create something that can harvest the aether from the vicinity of the ship, a technology present on Kaladesh, and use it while the ship is jumping. sure, getting the power for the FIRST jump would be hard but not impossible for a planeswalker, seeing as they have access to it all the time, but after that you just need to have some sort of battery to hold aether required for a second jump (another technology present on Kaladesh, since aether batteries are how they power their artifacts). you can perform infinite jumps, gathering aether for your leave jump while performing your entry jump.
>>
>>49166487
Her swords only had powers by accident and she only forged mechanical friends, with nothing said about their combat ability. Plus, she's specifically described as clumsy, awkward and ditzy. She has no reason to be able to fight with any prowess whatsoever given her character.

The non-combat character loses to the genuine combat character. This is my last reply to you.
>>
>>49166690
I believe that is the point of the artifact creatures and swords. Just because something is done by accident, doesn't make it any less affective. The right sword in the hands of any of those constructs is game set match.
>>
>>49166625
She still wouldn't have the technology to enable that at the time of her ignition since the portal is still a prototype and no one beyond Saheeli, the inventors, and a consul know about it.
Iosha somehow learns of that, builds a big enough version to use on her ship, and then again figure out how to steer in the blind eternities without a designated point B. Also for what it's worth, the vase was only in the blind eternities for a limited time so there might be degredation issues or it might need some kind of Gellar field to navigate safely in the long run.
>>
>>49166867
I rewrote her bio something like 5 weeks ago to clarify that she discovered it post-ignition, and if one person out of the trillions in the multiverse with access to Aether can figure out "I can transport this thing" WITHOUT knowledge that it is entirely possible for LIVING things to make the move, I figure a planeswalker inventor has a better chance of doing it.
and as for the navigation system, I was actually trying to figure out how to justify that in-story. would it work with a planeswalker as the pilot, since they can inherently travel through the blind eternities? the ship isn't meant to bring non-walkers through the BE, and I honestly have no clue what would happen if someone tried hitching a ride. The degredation issue I was solving by making the ship out of Etherium, which is partially aether by design. If Tezzerret's limb didn't disintegrate while he was travelling, I figure the ship would be fine.
>>
>>49166941
The thing is, A plane isn't just drifting out in the Blind Eternities like we think of planets in space. A plane can be tiny as an island or as massive as a universe. You can't just leave a plane and travel the Blund Eternities like you can take a rocketship and leave Earth and travel through space. Planes physically closed off from the Blind Eternities. It's more like a separate dimension that connects all other dimensions.
>>
>>49166556

TEN MINUTE CALL!

WRAP UP YOUR VOTING FOR THE ROUND!
>>
>>49166941
That might be within Shanks' allotment to carry from plane to plane
Even if it works where are you getting all that etherium when no one knows how it's made and Shanks had to kill other people and take their etherium for his shit.
I don't know if it would work, I imagine it would be slightly maddening since planeswalkers always have a point B chosen for them when they start the walk instead of chilling in the blind eternities
>>
>>49167151
Shanks figured out that the missing component of etherium was carmot, which was only present on Jund and hence why the people of Esper couldn't make any more.
there were a few ways that Iosha was going to make etherium, depending on the canonicity of each option:
1) fabrication using the carmot now present throughout alara thanks to the convergence.
2) fabrication using planeswalkers, refining the iron/other metals in their blood into proper ores and building a ship literally imbued with the travels of the (now deceased) planeswalkers. this would take the longest, and is the least canon-friendly option.
3) take a page out of Shanky's book and use the etherium in her enemies' bodies to build her ship.
>>
File: UssaPowers.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
UssaPowers.pdf
1B, 486x500px
All right, I couldn't help but whip this up real quick, but now I have to get right back to proper writing.
>>
>>49164271
Huh.
Damn.
Oh well, I suppose a fanfic can break some rules.
Thanks.

>>49167044
>A plane can be tiny as an island or as massive as a universe.
Can a plane have layers, like alternate realities of a sort in it?
On an unrelated note, is there books or comics or something to read for lore/stories?
So far all mtg experience/knowledge is from the occasional (bimonthly/trimonthly) game at cousin's when visiting parents.
>>
>>49166418
You do know that even if she is clumsy, her entire life growing up has been on Zendikar? That's literally a lifetime on a battlefield.
>>
>>49167568
Phyrexia was specifically stated to be a layered plane.
On Theros, Nyx and the Underworld are two separate layers that specifically exist within the plane of Theros.
Alara was splintered into five different shards that were technically still the same plane, just divided into independent fragments unable to connect to one another in mundane ways.
>>
>>49167568
All planes have their own separate time streams and alternate realities. If one is changed, that doesn't change another plane's time stream or reality. Just like the events of Tarkir didn't affect any other plane's time.
>>
>>49167626
wut
>>
>>49167617
>>49167626
Huh, cool.
Thanks, again.
>>
>>49167646
Yes.
>>
File: 9619955.jpg (64KB, 583x269px) Image search: [Google]
9619955.jpg
64KB, 583x269px
>>49167664
>>
>>49167626
Except the events that changed Tarkir did effect other planes.

On Khans!Tarkir, Ugin was dead and therefore couldn't go to Zendikar to tell Jace what to do about the Eldrazi.
On Dragons!Tarkir, Ugin was alive and went to Zendikar and told Jace what to do about the Eldrazi, leading to Jace and co. winning against the Eldrazi.

We literally see an example of Tarkir's altered timeline changing the course of the multiverse's history.
>>
I updated Gaia's power sheet a bit, if you're curious. I added in some notes on spellcasting and made a section for her base race (Eӧlnar) since I feel like that would come up at some point and is a significant factor in her abilities.
>>
>>49167626
They all exist at the same time, we just got lucky that Takrir's timeline didn't have any planeswalker visitors before Sorin showed up to find Ugin, who would've carried the differences across the multiverse.
Think about this
>Sorin visits khans tarkir
>Finds Ugin's corpse
>Broods about the universe is fucked
>Goes literally anywhere in the multiverse
Alternatively
>Sorin finds Ugin
>Gets told to find Nahiri
>Goes straight ro Innistrad
Where Sorin jumped to and did in the first timeline is now changed
>>
>>49167688
That is something entirely different. That is a Planeswalker leaving and affecting a plane. not he time altering itself changing other planes. And did Ugin not leave to tell Jace after the events of Dragons?
>>
File: image.png (199KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
199KB, 750x1334px
>>49167818
It is specifically stated that they all have their own separate time streams and realities. You can argue all you want. Doesn't change the facts.
>>
>>49167767
So, in other words, even before her spark ignited she was already kind of a demi-god? Neat.
>>
>>49167919
That doesn't say anything of the sort, all that's said on it is that now Sarkhan first emerged into existence when he planeswalked to Jund and that no other walkers were on Tarkir between the fight and the present.
>>
>>49167984
The very last line.
>>
>>49167836
Yes, anyone that came from Tarkir to another plane after the point of Reforging would act as a carrier of the time alteration.

That's why no canon planeswalker came to and from Tarkir until Sorin - except for Sarkhan, who is now an orphan of time and was never born on Tarkir. In this timeline, he simply came into existence the moment he planeswalked away from a Tarkir that never existed.
This way, there have been no other canon planeswalkers to carry the consequences of Tarkir's Reforging to other planes. The first and so far only one is Sorin.
>>
>>49168002
The only reason is because Sarkhan needed to keep existing for it to not be a paradox so he became an anomaly that did what he did prior to Khans.
It doesn't say anything about timelines for different planes being separate.
>>
>>49168033
I'm not that guy.
>>
>>49168002
That's because of how the time streams work. Sarkhan didn't just "change the timeline", his actions caused him to move from one time stream to a completely different time stream. Actions in the past don't actually change a time stream. You cannot change a time stream. Only move from one to another. So, technically the universe we know it isn't the same universe that Sarkhan was in previously. They are now two entirely different parallel multiverses.
>>
>>49168033
Except the rest of the lore established.
>>
>>49168059
sorry.
>>
>>49167079
I think 10min have gone by.
>>
>>49168078
Magic has never ran on multiverse theory.
>>
>>49168094
Give me a source of that, because I didn't see anything that suggested it.
>>
>>49168078
The point reminds that planeswalkers carry the changes of Tarkir to other planes. The Salvation article you quoted is incorrect because Sorin and Ugin have already done things outside of Tarkir that they wouldn't have been able to in the original timeline. Therefore, because of the timeline's alteration, they have changed the Multiverse and therefore Sarkhan's actions and the reforging have in fact altered the history of the Multiverse. It just so happens the the history they have altered has unfolded before our very eyes.

This is my last reply to you. If others are sensible, they will no longer discuss this with you either.
>>
>>49167919
Due to the existence of planeswalkers that's unfortunately not true. If for example you went back in time which led to Sorin acting differently and not making Avacyn and the Helvault even if the plane you went back in time on wasn't Innistrad you'd completely change the present time on an entire other plane.
>>
>>49168130
Yes it has. Ever since they said so in the novel Time Streams.
>>
>>49168150
It's not a multiverse because the first timeline was erased, removed from the game, super removed from the game
if creative was in charge of bans, every card printed in Khans wouldn't have been legal in standard
SINCE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
>>
Vronak is a troll and this is a reminder to not reply to him.

He latches on to any topic that will get him replies and will argue in favor of inane things specifically to get you to reply to him.

Do not feed the troll, do not reply to Vronak or anyone that you think might be Vronak.

Thank you.
>>
>>49168200
BUT-BUT-BUT-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49168198
Again, you're replying to the wrong person. I'm not even stating any of those points you're arguing against.

Let's just drop this discussion, it's getting out of hand.
>>
>>49168002
>This way, there have been no other canon planeswalkers to carry the consequences of Tarkir's Reforging to other planes. The first and so far only one is Sorin.
And Ugin, who is the best example of carrying the reforging.
If Khan's Tarkir was still around:
>Ugin would be dead instead of alive
>Sorin would be depressed but not stuck in a rock
>Jace would have never met Ugin at the eye and had the conversation, thus they wouldn't know about the eldrazi's true form outside of the plane
>That means they would have burned Kozilek and Ulamog's physical bodies without burning the rest of them and the two titans get away.
That's an example of how Planeswalkers carry the timeline, by Ugin living, none of the above happened.

>>49168170
Then WotC is playing fast and loose with the pre-Creative shift lore again. They made it pretty explicit that Sarkhan was changing OUR reality, not jumping to one that fit his favor.

>>49168200
Shit I didn't realize we were talking to Vronak
>>
>>49168164
That isn't directly an affect of the time travel. That's an indirect affect due to Planeswalkers. The point I'm making is that each plane has their own time stream. If you change one, it's a closed affect that only affects that plane. It is possible to change multiple/all time streams by a catastrophic event like the planar chaos event upon Dominaria or with Time Rifts. But, other than that, one plane's timeline doesn't affect the rest of the multiverse. As a whole. Only Planeswalkers can do that.
>>
Ice age, please come back, we need you
>>
>>49168262
>Shit I didn't realize we were talking to Vronak
Yeah, it just kind of sneaks up on ya if you're not careful.
>>
>>49168262
I would t say that he was "jumping one to fit his favor" on purpose. But, yes that was the eventual affect.
>>
>>49168235
No I didn't, Nothing happened in the original timeline after Sarkhan went back in time and saved Ugin because the timeline was undone
there isn't a bad end Zendikar out there, or a bad end Innistrad.
>>
> faggots think that spitting facts is trolling
>>
>>49168303
given how those sets were written I'd say we got the bad ends
>>
>>49168281
The reason that he's taking so long is that he needs to concoct the second round.
>>
>>49168326
Nissa wouldn't.
500% victory in her eyes.
>>
Look at you chumps still voting like you think it will matter.

I posted the ten minute call ages ago, the results are cemented already.
>>
>>49168417
Wasn't it a tie at the time?
>>
>>49168425
It in fact was not. There was a one-vote tilt.
>>
>>49168417
Mysterious how three votes for that flake came out of nowhere, isn't it? I specifically recall it being 4-2.
>>
>>49168417
I just got home.
>>
>>49168440
When I made my vote just now it was 4 to 4.
>>
>>49168410
Nissa claimed she would free Zendikar of the Eldrazi
I don't see any Eldrazi.
>>
>>49168440
Shit. I made it 4-4 about twenty minute ago.
>>
File: 39944.jpg (135KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
39944.jpg
135KB, 960x540px
>>49168450
>>49168461
>21:04:41
>21:05:42
>>
Is Horo one of Vronak's flakes? Is that why the vote mysteriously increased out of nowhere?
>>
>>49168479
Yeah. That's me. Both of them. What's your point?
>>
>>49168513
actually I just woke up and favored the chick with the supergolems more.
I thought they were made by the same person?
>>
>>49168513
Neither are mine. I'm staying out of it, friendo.
>>
>>49168513
Nope, different font, different style of layout, different style of vocabulary.

Amusingly, Kirelah matches his style of font, his style of layout and his vocabulary perfectly.

But this is the last I'll say on the matter. Kirelah lost, Horo won. Let Ice Anon move on with it.
>>
>>49168564
> perfectly
Let me check this one out. I don't even think it's one of Des' flakes.
>>
>>49168564
It's the anon who made Ashryn and Astarte.
>>
Vronak here. I'll let everyone on a little secret about Des later on after we get done eating lunch with my family.
>>
>>49169016
You best not, faggot.
>>
File: cc0.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cc0.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>49169016
That's nice.
>>
>>49169016
>Secret about Des
>We
oh god, Vronak kidnapped someone and made a flake based on them
>>
>>49169054
Pffsh.
>>
Reminder not to reply to Vronak.

Replying to Vronak is equivalent to taking the bait.

Congratulations to >>49169054, >>49169063 and >>49169065, you have taken the bait.

Please do not do so in the future and whatever they 'reveal,' please do not reply to it.
>>
>>49169016
>>49169065

> we
>>
>>49169097
Fucking damnit, Blake.
>>
>>49169142
>>49169065
>>49169097
:)
>>
>>49169152
Fuck you.
>>
>>49169095
You're so antagonistic, Anon.
>>
File: fantasybook_doors1c.jpg (305KB, 700x984px) Image search: [Google]
fantasybook_doors1c.jpg
305KB, 700x984px
Do not shit up the thread with announcements of future content (or "content"), or of your grudges and replies to bait, please.

If you feel someone has betrayed your trust, well, that's life, I'm sure you can exact your vengeance in full with a bit of creativity and effort. Just don't involve this thread in it.

To stimulate actual discussion, here's one for you:
How do magic users and planeswalkers draw power from mana and the terrain: what limits and allows them to do it?
Can you just use your magic wherever?
>>
>>49169297
I'm of the opinion that drawing mana from land is primarily a gameplay thing rather than something found in lore. Green mages are the ones most likely to interact with the land and the land is known for directing mana through leylines. Outside of this though, mages don't rely tap lands for mana except in gameplay.
>>
>>49169364
I think Elspeth literally did it to escape from Mirrodin. She hated doing it because it meant bonding with the "plains" of Elesh Norn's piece of new Phyrexia.
>>
>>49169515
I'd argue that was a genuinely awful piece of literature and that bonding with a world in order to leave it has never been referenced before then or since then but all right, you've got a point.
>>
>>49169364
It's lore that they do this.

>>49169297
A Mage can access the mana leylines that a land type creates. If the Mage becomes familiar with a type of land, They can access mana from that land across planes.
>>
>>49169595
It wasn't Quest for Karn, which I agree was awful. It was an Uncharted Realms where she wrote a letter to Ajani. Typically, they could call on mana from any number of places they've visited, but Elspeth was running on low.
>>
>>49169637
>A Mage can access the mana leylines that a land type creates.
Do they NEED to?
>>
>>49169654
It was still a genuinely awful piece of literature. I'm still of the opinion that lands are mostly kept as a gameplay feature rather than a primary feature of storytelling. Nissa is the only one of the five that cares around the land, while you never read about any of the other five draw mana from their respective lands. It is referred to in the lore sparingly but honestly, I choose to think little of it because it's such a bad story-telling device.

This is the last I am saying on the subject.
>>
>>49169715
>Nissa is the only one of the five that cares around the land, while you never read about any of the other five draw mana from their respective lands.
Then it seems I can safely keep any mention of that kind of stuff out of my own potential storytelling.
>>
>>49169792
Yes, you can safely ignore it. Even if it's a part of the lore, it's not significant enough that you need to frequently mention it.
>>
>people acting like the mana ties don't matter
>it was an important facet of Ajani's actions in Alara

It comes up enough that it shouldn't be ignored. When he severed their mana ties, they stopped being able to cast.
>>
>>49169675
That all depends. Some lands are unique. They don't HAVE to though. But, those unique lands can give them a big advantage.
>>
So...uuhhh....round 2 when?
>>
>>49171665
In due time
>>
Alright. Finally done with family linner. But, as I was saying before. Why a lot of things are the same between Des' flake sheet formats, timezone, and shit is because we are ex's. We still have the same friends and playing magic and what not. And I invited her to this thread to make some flakes. So... There you have it.
>>
>>49171999
Ok.
>>
File: Oh.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Oh.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>49171999
>>
So, what would your flake do if confronted with the Inventor's Fair at Kaladesh next time they planeswalked to an unknown plane?
>>
>>49172064
Well, there are always people bringing it up over the similarities of our flakes.
>>
>>49172093
The specific problem they are having on Kaladesh or just that there is a fair and basically have a downtime vacation?
>>
>>49172133
They are when the Inventor's Fair is taking place, as it currently is at this moment.

I'm not sure how more specific that can be.
>>
>>49172093
Thane would probably look at everything he can, get explanations on aether and how they use it, maybe fill a notebook with questions asked and answered and try his hand at sucking at Kaladesh style artifice.
>>
>>49172159
Well, there are problems on Kaladesh that they went to the Gatewatch to help them out with. So, I'm just seeing if you meant that those problems would be presented to us or just that we planeswalk there and see the fair.
>>
>>49172202
That's for you to decide then. That's the last reply I'm giving you.
>>
>>49172093
WHAT IS THIS PLACE!

WHY IS EVERYONE STARING HAVE THEY NEVER SEEN AN ANGE.... Oh, different plane... Fuck.
>>
>>49172093
I like to think Ussa would say, "Do you REALLY need this?" and "What does this even do?" a lot.
>>
File: So close.png (440KB, 445x619px) Image search: [Google]
So close.png
440KB, 445x619px
>Isn't a vehicle
>I'm getting sick of your shit wizards.jpg
Though if they print an even bigger one that IS a vehicle with "Crew 6" I'll be happy.
>>
>>49172331
That's a crowd-made PAX card. Check the card number.

For better rather than worse, that card doesn't exist.
>>
>>49172218
Well, I'll only give one for Vronak. If he planeswalked to Kaladesh, he'd probably ditch the armor for a bit and just relax some. Take some downtime from all the hectic shenanigans that have been going on.

If he was found out as a Planeswalker and asked to help them with their problems, then him and pseudo-Akroma would probably go on some Scooby-Doo adventure to figure out the shenanigans and unmask the bbeg culprit to reveal that it was Old Man Bolas the entire time.
>>
>>49172352
Okay, I'll believe that. Still, they had the art ready for it and everything? There's going to be a giant robot in set.
I refuse to believe there won't be.
>>
>>49172421
It's probably a case of 'hey, here's the card art, here's the flavor text, here's the card types. now let's make a cool card out of it!'

What the genuine card will be, we're yet to see. I wouldn't be shocked if they commissioned card art specifically for PAX though.
>>
>>49172331
> a giant colossus construct made purely to take out Creatures and Planeswalkers
Holy shit, this plane actively knows about Planeswalkers. Or at least someone with enough resources to build something that combats them directly without attacking. What if they asked the wrong people on Ravnica to help out? Then had to explain what Planeswalkers were. Holy hell hole.
>>
>>49171999
That explains a lot.

You're both colossal faggots.
>>
>>49172486
Basically. Yeah. We are on 4chan after all.
>>
>>49172093
>Leon
Try to find a good bar that doesn't charge too much. Maybe watch some bot fights.
>Maxwell
Smash everything. I'm talking Shatterstorm levels of rage here.
>Yao Shen
"What is this? Why do you hide behind machines instead of fighting like real men?" and then he would proceed to start wrestling robots.
>>
>>49172476
Well the government does have a vedalken planeswalker in it's employ. It sort of makes sense.
Imagine Lavinia was a planeswalker, so she told the Azorious, who laughed and said "Fuck that bullshit" so they commissioned some anti-planeswalker sentinels from the Izzet to protect Ravnica from the likes of Tibalt
>>
>>49172580
> while Niv Mizzet secretly devises something to lure Planeswalkers to Ravnica so he can trap them and experiment on them
>>
You all have no idea except for Gaia how hard it is to do book-keeping for over two-hundred flakes.

So there's no suspense, the following flakes moved to the next round:

>Torbern
>Horo Kumohiro

Announcement for Round Two will be in a bit.
>>
>>49173589
We love you.
>>
File: stitchintime.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
stitchintime.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DLnhdnSUVs

Goodness, everyone. Look at all the time that's passed since this Snowstorm started. All of us that have come and gone.

There were 222 folders worth of flakes when this ridiculous tournament began. Now there are only 101.

So to everyone who made flakes... For fun, or to explore the lore... To express yourselves and just make something... To laugh, to cry, to tell stories... Whatever the reason was. I salute you.
>>
>>49173952
Aw man. Ice anon bringin' the feels.
>>
File: bolstered then outlasted.png (72KB, 959x506px) Image search: [Google]
bolstered then outlasted.png
72KB, 959x506px
>>49173952
Thanks Ice Anon, this was a fun storm aside from a few shitflingers
I look forward to the start of a new one and all of the canon breaks that will bring.
>>
>>49173952
Round 2 Heads up.

There will be Thirteen batches of flakes.

The match-ups will be given immediately with each new batch. There will be no more disqualifications.

And the last match of the round will be a three-flake free-for-all because we have an odd number of participants now.

Look forward to it. It'll be here in a bit.
>>
>>49167568
>On an unrelated note, is there books or comics or something to read for lore/stories?
No?
>>
>>49173589
>except for Gaia
Just because a person doesn't namefag, doesn't mean that they didn't do just as much work if not more for the storm.
>>
>>49176747
I'm pretty sure he was alluding to the fact that Gaia was the only other anon who has sorted through all 220+ flakes. Snowanon is the next closest. I think namefagging has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: Manabarbs.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Manabarbs.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
You waited...
And your patience has paid off.

THE ICE AGE: ROUND TWO

With all of the disqualifications out of the way, it's nothing but Flake VS Flake Combat, and a lot of the Flakes less suited for combat have already been removed. We have quite the first set of matches to kick things off, so let's get this started:

>Jakrol VS Razhiel
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYlJtWVNzenRIVWc
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUkhlRUNqNzE2Yzg/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxZjRYb0FXN0ZHN1E

>Izari VS Getias
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTDJyekZIMEhuZjg
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRmFUX3hGTks4SjA

>Serena VS Dyna
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxbklJWVNaMDRmMjg
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTXRKOU8yZGNacjQ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxemY2QWtmMS1wRjg

>Murdock VS Raioh
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxSVF1Q1lTd1R6Nzg
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcW0wRG01eTFkZkU/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxeHIxZmwxZDRHZkE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYm1heU00MW9jREk/view?usp=sharing

DISCUSS!
>>
>>49176777
I'll just say that while it was nice for Gaia to save almost everything that was made, Gaia hasn't had to genuinely sort through all of the flakes, read all of them carefully and take the time to understand each one and what they're capable of like Ice Age anon. Gaia's primary contribution is limited to saving the OC in the right folders rather than sorting through and reading anything. I'm not including any art that was drawn or stories that were told in this because that's OC rather than work on the project in its entirety.

I'd argue that already Ice Age has put more work into it than Gaia did. Just personal opinion though.
>>
>>49176983
Reminder: Do not respond to Vronak.
>>
>>49176785
>manabarbs
Best spell for pissing off players.

Anyway, I'm going to stick the power/ability sheets people have been doing in the repo real quick. If you want to make one, now would be the time. They will be posted in the same folder that has each flake's respective sheet.
>>
>>49176747
>>49176777
>>49176983
No need for anyone to argue over this kind of thing. I was just acknowledging Gaia for having maintained the repository and such in my statement about managing so many flakes. My own file is not nearly as complicated and can basically just be considered a bunch of lists and match-up data that I had to dredge through extra crazy because of Round One having disqualifications.
>>
>>49176785
>Serena VS Dyna
I... I don't actually know how this one would play out? I guess flight+speed and magic would be pretty effective vs a purely martial giant though.
>>
>>49177053
Yo Gaia don't go to bed just yet I got something I need stuck in the repo
>>
>>49177053
Well, time to make five of these even though I already lost two flakes in the first round.
>>
>>49176785
Murdock too crazy and cute to lose!
>>
>>49177027
Holy shit, just because I say something you don't like, doesn't make me Vronak. I could be someone else that has never liked this cult of personality and dare I say the hated word, circlejerk that has come with namefagging.

I dislike the fact that the people that get the thanks are the ones that choose to use names and that even those that would rather not be named are given titles like 'Snowanon.' Call me an asshole with my head too far up my backside and a little too much investment in the 4chan way of doing things but I'll express my opinion nonetheless.
>>
>>49176785
I think Raioh mentioning how much he loves angels might give Murdock enough REEEEE to power through.
>>
>>49177182
I mean, that's just part of what comes with the the territory of namefagging. It both puts a name to your accomplishments, but it also opens up a huge target on your back. So it's not as dandy as it sounds. Going as anonymous has its ups and downs, too. On one hand, people don't really fuck with you by name or gain any prejudice against you. On the other hand, it can be more difficult to gain recognition. It's a mixed bag, and really just up to preference. Your opinion is valid, tho.
>>
>>49177182
I certainly don't mean anything for it. You guys can like or hate me all you like, I'm just doing this because it seems that there's interest in it. The only reason I even put the name on is so that it's easier to find my posts.
>>
>>49177298
All I am saying is that more than one other person knows how much of a pain of an ass it is to keep track of this many flakes, something I did until recently because someone else said they would take over my responsibilities only to not do so.

So don't pass the kudos to just one person. Share it around. Everyone in the thread has contributed.
>>
>>49177380
I can't possibly know what everyone does other than what I actually see.

But there's a reason that this >>49173952 post exists.
>>
>>49177464
I understand that and I also acknowledge >>49177270's point. With anonymity you cede the right to be acknowledged.

This was just a kneejerk reaction against a statement that put all of the glory on one person's shoulders. I'll shut up now.
>>
>>49177547
As the guy who did the Jokesheet, I appreciate all the time you put into it and I'm sorry people started shitting on you.
>>
File: Vosmir.png (2MB, 1817x1259px) Image search: [Google]
Vosmir.png
2MB, 1817x1259px
>>49177094
Alright, sprung off of a joke about how many flakes are escaped Simic experiments, here's a Simic wizard whose experiments won't stop escaping! His main subject is soon to follow.
>>
>>49176785
>>Jakrol VS Razhiel
This is a good matchup. I think Razhiel isn't as combat focused, though. But at the same time, if he could dominate Jakrol's mind, it wouldn't matter. Then again, if Jakrol used his aggro and knowledge of human weaknesses (since Razhiel is human) before his opponent could take his mind, he'd win. It's a bit of a tossup. I want to read other people's points before I decide.

>>Izari VS Getias
If it was just the two planeswalkers, I think Izari has it. She can use her mind-manipulation abilities to bestow temporary amnesia, and Getias doesn't have any defense against mind affecting abilities. On the other hand, Getias has the sword of war and peace and strong geomancy. Still, because of mind tricks, I'm giving it to Izari.

>>Serena VS Dyna
Damn, what a matchup. I'm going to say that Dyna's size isn't as big of a factor in this matchup as it has been previously, because as an angel who lived through the eldrazi invasion of Innistrad, Serena undoubtedly knows how to fight creatures bigger than her. So it comes down to spellcasting, durability, and skill. Then again...Dyna does fight dragons for fun. And even though Serena is very strong and durable, I'm sure even a swat from Dyna would hurt. But Serena is faster than Dyna, and armed with more offensive casting (and a sword).

This is hard. But my instincts tell me to go for the faster one, because I personally believe when push comes to shove, speed is more difficult to contend with than strength. So Serena it is.

>>Murdock VS Raioh
Murdock relies on playing mind games with people, but Raioh is described as being very level headed and difficult to provoke. So that eliminates that advantage for Murdock. I also think he's more skilled in 1v1 martial combat. He specializes in stealthed martial combat and death magic. That's pretty formidable. And even though Murdock has a similar loadout, she only uses spells a few times in combat, and those are for mind tricks mainly
>cont
>>
>>49178031
>cont
(which I've already covered above). And even though she does have good combat abilities, it sounds like she mostly relies on cheap tricks. Against a lesser combatant, that would be fine. But Raioh is a highly trained specialist, and I doubt he would fall for those tricks as easily. I'm giving this one to Raioh.
>>
>>49178031
>This is hard. But my instincts tell me to go for the faster one, because I personally believe when push comes to shove, speed is more difficult to contend with than strength. So Serena it is.
That was my thinking, as long as Serena can avoid being hit at least most of the time then she's in good shape. Throwing fire and lightning helixes from range would probably also be a massive boon.
>>
>>49177987
And here's his test subject! Because snake/gorgon tribal is fun.
>>
File: Vasheen.png (2MB, 2218x1672px) Image search: [Google]
Vasheen.png
2MB, 2218x1672px
>>49178866
Fuck's sake. Forgot image.
>>
>>49177987
>>49178893
Also a pretty good reference to every weird race, like satyrs or imps that seems to land on Ravnica and claim "Uh...Simic runaway" when exposed
>>
>>49176785
>Ja vs Ra
Gotta give this to Razhiel. Jakrol seems like he's only just started really getting into the deepweb of black magic, whereas Razhiel seems to have already mastered these darker magics. beyond that they seem like pretty average dudes, and while Jakrol has youth advantage, I think Razhiel's magical potency greatly exceeds Jakrol's.

>Izari vs Getias
Izari's got some very potent one-shot-one-kill type spells, but Geitas has what appear to be more outwardly powerful magical abilities not to mention darksteel armor and undoubtedly greater martial skill. If Izari had pro-stealth environment and time, she'd have it, but on a nondescript battlefield Geitas will hit her from further away with less effort for harder than Izari can return fire, and will outmatch Izari too much up close. Geitas has this one.

>Serena vs Dyna
People say Serena's got this by flying advantage but, I gotta say, Dyna's a fighter of dragons and almost certainly already knows how to take out fliers. Gaia above mentioned that the race difference in strength might not matter as much, but I think the difference between an Innistradi angel and a Giant is still substantial. Were serena Zendikari this would be different, those things are beasts, but as an Innistradi angel can still be rivaled in might by very very strong humans, and I do not think is the case for Dyna. I will say that the statements about serena's casting being superior are quite true, and serena's superior speed do suggest she could just circle-strafe out of reach and spam ranged powers, but dyna's intimidator can goad serena's more emotional self closer. I think, for serena to win this, she has to stay as far out of reach as possible, otherwise it's game over. This will be a coin toss for me.

>Murdock vs Raioh
too similar in power and skill, personality is the kicker here and between them Murdock's got disadvantage in focus. That said, this could make her less predictable. May also have to coin this, hard choice.
>>
File: image.png (329KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
329KB, 600x600px
>>49177027
Stop being a massive faggot, anon.
>>
>>49177890
People will shit on everything, no matter how great they are. It's an aspect of life we have to live with as a result of tumblr faggots existing.
>>
So...AEtherborn Musician flake?
>>
>>49181155
At this point, why not?
Except for the fact that we know very little about them.
>>
>>49181155
too little info, wait until more is revealed
>>
>>49176785
These are big boi duels ain't them.

>Jakrol VS Razhiel
Razhiel may be ambitious and powerful but he doesn't seem loaded out to fight. Jakrol on the other hand, just lives to hurt people. The necromancer could possibly try to stall it to tire Jakrol but in the end he would just crack. Give this one to Mad Jak.

>Izari vs Gethias
Gethias packs some real punch, while Izari is less of a combat focused flake. I get that she has a lot of way to infeeble Gethias, but then again he has a lot of ways to power himself up. I think the animu MC takes the cake here.

>>49176785
Very tough match that I am going to give to Serena probably just because we know way more of her than we know of Dyna. They are both very powerful and close in power level.

>Murdock VS Raioh
Probably the closest fight in the bunch. If anything Murdock has more versatility, and she has shown to be able to handle eldrazi spawns and eldrazi angels with little trouble, while we know little of Raioh's skill in combat outside assassination. I think I am going to give this to the crazed yandere, if only because of having more content written about her.
>>
>>49177105
Ahw thanks bby
>>
File: image.png (614KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
614KB, 720x480px
>>49181716
>>
Are all planes equal when it comes to planeswalking to them, or are some harder or easier to access? Can a plane be "locked down" preventing planeswalkers from entering?
>>
>>49176785
So anyway...

>Jak vs Razhiel
I'd say Jakrol gets this. While I can get behind the idea that Razhiel may be a better mage, Jarkol is aggressive and does nothing in his life but laying the hurt. Like, 24/7, apparently.
Seriously dude what's you deal. We can talk it out.

>Izzie vs Getias
As much as I don't like White card-wise I am hardly pressed to gie this to Izari but... I do nonetheless. Getias seems to have a very direct a approach, maybe the evilest healer in the world can misderct him enough to pile in the -1/-1 counters and steal the victory.

>Dyna vs Serena
Good gods. I don't really want to seem biased but I'd give it to Serena regardless; they seem to be both on roughly the same power level- but Serena can play the ranged game, and Dyna can't. Mind you I am considering Serena to be in her WR pissed off incarnation.

>Murdock vs Raioh
Not going to comment much on this for obvious reasons. Raioh seems more skilled in close combat, but Murdock can blast and mindfuck. Not going to try and rig it in my favor though. If Murdock loses she'd just go to dress up as a cheerleader for Diomedes anyway.
>>
>>49181917
Some are more difficult. I believe at the moment, Dominaria is cut off from Planeswalkers unless you've been there before. Planes can be magically "hidden" from the rest of the multiverse.
>>
>>49181917

Some planes are more accessible than others. It was mentioned that Tarkir was a dimensional backwater, and it took Sarkhan Vol forever and a day to find it.

Mirrodin was dimensionally locked from planeswalkers because Memnarch was afraid Karn would come back and take away his toys. Given how lolhax powerful the Memnarch / Mirar was (it was a wish-granting artifact made by Karn pre-Mending), it's unclear how difficult it is to do.
>>
>>49182011
>It was mentioned that Tarkir was a dimensional backwater, and it took Sarkhan Vol forever and a day to find it.
Has that changed after the timeline shenanigans?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 950x1183px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 950x1183px
>>49181931
Huehuehue.
>>
>>49182017
No idea. Probably, considering how well the plane has flourished in it's new timeline.
>>
>>49182017
>>49182056
Still the position of the plane in the mutliverse has not changed. If I recall right each plane has actually a definite position in the BE, with Dominaria being at the center of it.
>>
>>49182076
Does the plane's position affect how easy it is to find/travel to? Considering Dominaria is shrouded now...
>>
>>49182076
This is true for the most part. Some planes are said to not be fixed and drift around the multiverse.
>>
>>49182091
Maybe, they have never touched upon that. I do believe though is a plane isn't in a fixed position that it is more difficult to locate. Though, not remotely impossible or even improbable.
>>
>>49182091
Not sure. Probably, for a new walker. Kamigawa is supposed to be the other side of the multiverse in comparison to Mirrodin and both are distant from Dominaria; however the Myojin of Night's Reach takes very little time to find Dominaria from Kamigawa and import Umezawa there (and this happened before the war of brothers, even!), and Kharn too did not have this much time (in a oldwalker perspective) to find Mirrodin and meld it into, well, Mirrodin- all of which happened in the time span between Apocalypse and the end of Odyssey actually!
>>
>>49182136
Argentum was the plane that Karn turned into Mirrodin.
>>
>>49182299
>>49182136
I also want to point out that you probably already knew that, just a fyi for anyone else who might not know. It's original name.
>>
>>49182299
>>49182309
Right, thanks, didn't remember the name.
>>
>>49182313
No prob.
>>
What are the top 5 places to get healed in the multiverse?
>>
>>49181144
>it's an aspect of life we have to live with.
Ftfy
People complain about anything given time to become familiar with it.
Read "a very old man with enormous wings."
>>
So I missed most of this Ice Age stuff, all I know is Nishal won a fight against someone in round one. Is there an advancement round or something? Did Iosha get beat? Should I do a writefagging about Nishal beating Vrontrask?
>>
>>49182958
We are doing round two now (>>49176785
), with the survivors of the first round VOTE FOR MURDOCK No idea about Iosha, must have missed her. Anyway all of the competitors now are pretty fierce, less fighty flakes have been almost all kicked out first turn.
>>
>>49182385
Used to be Serra's Realm as number one. But, that plane went buh-bye!

So, I'd say...
Dominaria
Innistrad (equally bad with curses)
Alara
Ravnica
Zendikar
>>
>>49182958
She might have gone to dairy queen.
>>
>>49182958
*Vontrask
If you want to do writing, sure? But, this is a non-canon / AU fighting tournament.
>>
>>49183131
Aight, I'll probably end up writing it like some BBEG abducted a bunch of 'walkers and is making them fight. That seems like it would be neat, at least.

>>49183113
"Hey Nishal, I got the chocolate dip you asked fo- who the fuck is that? I was gone for ten fucking minutes oh my god."
>>
>>49183164
I was thinking of doing it from the perspective of sports announcers.
>>
>>49183164
Ehh... That's too close to Mojo from X-Men.
>>
>>49183209
How about mind magic that a bbeg cast a major spell that linked a few minds together and had them fight in a mental realm?
>>
>>49183209
>>49183221
I was gonna do it through arena fighting because that made the most sense for why everyone is equal powerlevel. If it were a dreamscape fight then mental skill and martial prowess would be on the same level, but we're going by physical strength and other physical skills to determine the winners. Also, that last post was me. My name keeps coming off.
>>
>>49183304
If it's all mental fighting anyways, they would preview themselves as being as strong as they really are. Like they believe that it is all real.
>>
>>49183243
Then why would there be DQs?
>>
>>49183738
Planeswalkers who were chosen by the magic and deemed able to break the belief of it being real?
>>
NEW THREAD

>>49184088
>>49184088
>>49184088
>>
>>49177890
I mean, were they really shitting on snowanon? Sounds more like they just disagreed with him.
>>
>>49182020
Murdock Diomedes date night when?
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.