[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General - big party in the city edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 26

Books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4- ??? plz

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery : https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Thread topics:
>most hated faction to play against
>most hated master to play against
>your faction
>your favorite master/model

plz respond to OP with any imgur card links you have so they can be compiled for next thread
>>
Have most of the new cards, I'm doing another album with upgrades but I'm a lazy shit so.

http://imgur.com/a/vJ5g0
>>
>>49102434
Arcanists
Ramos
>your faction
Guild
Lucius
>>
>>49102434
>>most hated faction to play against
Ressers maybe. I leave a whole lot of corpses around as Gremlins.
>>most hated master to play against
Pandora. Most masters that target WP are annoying, but she manages to take it to the next level.
>>your faction
Gremlins. I'm thinking about jumping into ressers though.
>>your favorite master/model
Hard to pick.
I really like Nico and Somer.
>>
>>49102519
>Ramos
Why Ramos?
Don't like the summoned swarms?
>>
>>49102517
stud
>>
Probably 10T because I get dicked on their rules most. I don't have a problem with the faction so much as some of the people I've played against.
Lynch, I really dislike seeing that cocksucker on the other side because my deck seems to go cold on me every time. Still I need to learn how to work around him in the future.
>your faction
I own almost every master for every faction, Ressers is easiest for me, but I started with Neverborn.
Molly for Master, Probably the Coryphee for models though.
>>
>>49102549
It's lots of things all together. Summoning multiple models from 1 AP, Df6 significant models at that, in a faction with the most powerful upgrades in the game and some of the best models.

I started playing Sandeep and it's amazing how easy it is to win with Arcanists. And Sandeep has nothing on Ramos or Collette.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-17-17-53-13.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-17-17-53-13.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>49102434
-Any dual faction because their access to varied play styles makes me buttblasted.
-Oppressive ones that make your actions feel useless, like Hamelin, Jack, Kirai
-Leveticus
-The m1e Mechrider art, all physical incarnations are garbage. Don't even care for its abilities, just want that model.

>>49102444
Ronins are 6 in faction, Whisperers are 5+1 for mercenary tax.
I will probably have to choose one or the other as having enough crew left over to scheme well is hard. Or I have to get better at denial.
I just can't see how a Ronin can compare given their inability to move great distances. It seems to me the entire crew concept would have to change if they were the delivery system.
>>
>>49102434
>>most hated faction to play against
Ten Thunders
>>most hated master to play against
Shenlong
>>your faction
Neverborn
>>your favorite master/model
Collodi
>>
>>49102610
>And Sandeep has nothing on Ramos or Collette.
I don't think I'd go that far. But I see what you're getting at.
>>
>>49102434
>Book 4- ??? plz
Fellow burgers, what places offer self serve scanning services without much oversight? My scanner died of old age.
>>
>>49102664
>-The m1e Mechrider art, all physical incarnations are garbage. Don't even care for its abilities, just want that model.
Aaand color scheme for m2e mechrider found.
>>
>>49102769
Libraries, usually.

Mine has free scanning as long as you bring your own flash drive.
>>
>>49102434
Ressers. I have a hard time dealing with being swarmed.
Molly
>your faction
Outcast
To play, Viktoria of Ash. But I am loving Parker since it's the first master box that I built and painted on my own.
>>
>>49102769
this>>49102781

fedex kinkos dont care either if you come in around 11pm. i have yet to find an employee that wasn't stoned at that time
>>
>>49102806
>But I am loving Parker since it's the first master box that I built and painted on my own.
I really dig the cape.
How's the paint job look, being your first time?
>>
>>49102781
Haven't been to a library in over a decade, they must be better now. Thanks for the tip.
>>49102610
Those two are quite specialized, I think Sandeeps versatility allowed him to compensate better, don't sleep on him.
>>
File: imgpsh_fullsize.jpg (38KB, 382x562px) Image search: [Google]
imgpsh_fullsize.jpg
38KB, 382x562px
>>49102866
Well, I'd been painting for maybe a few months, but here's what I did. I still have some detailing/highlighting/drybrushing work to do. But, this really is the best work I've done thus far...this or the Obsidian Oni I painted for my brother.

He pays me in paints/supplies/models to do the work for him.
>>
>>49102943
I was shooting for 'useful to hide in the woods'. I think I might add some black to the basing to give the wood a charred feel.
>>
Does anyone possibly have a link to "Into the Steam" and the Quarantine suplements? I wanna read them before I decide to pick them up and my local game store is not carrying them since barely anyone plays Malifaux here.
>>
>>49103013
Personally, I like those books more than the core beyond fluff and rules. I love the Tarot for both compared to the one from the core rules as they do a great job of flavor. The Gremlin one is also equally fun.

Just sad no one in my group wanted to roll a Gremlin.
>>
>>49102943
Looks pretty good to me.
I'm a terrible painter, after years of practice.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>49102943
Lookin good

So much base
>>
>>49103153
Thanks Anon! I look at some of the work here and I get sad. If I had a better camera app on my phone I'd do a series showing my progress over the past half year.

*thinks with dread about the globby mess that was my brother's oiran*
>>
>>49103148
Gremlins are in there?!?! Now I defiantly wanna see those books.
>>
>>49103172
Hey Anon! Glad to see your gremlin collection expanding. Great work on that Bayou Gremlin. Glad you won it. Is that a lara croft ophelia in the back there?

As far as mine, aside from the obsdian oni success and the Parker crew. I attempted reverse luigi on Johan. But there wasn't quite enough shirt to make it work.
>>
It is pronounced mali-foe, like faux pas, or mali-fax or fox? Always wondered.
>>
>>49103339
Mali-foe. Badfake. It's French.
>>
>>49103277
damn, wish i woulda thought of laura croft for her before i did it. just went with the artwork but with red hair.

gonna start playing games before I buy any more stuff though, depending on what the wyrd sales bonus thing is this month

>>49103339
like faux pas
>>
>>49103251
Ok, just for you. I'll snap a picture of one of the pursuits. Here are your choices (with class descriptions by me)
>Play as Zoraida
>Shotgun God
>Drunk McBoozehound
>Kinda Play as McCabe
>Mimic w/ some Vik things
>Evander Gremlinfield
>The Pig Whisperer
>Trapper

The advanced pursuits are...
Master Musician
Play as Somer
Lightning Bug
Rocketeer
Taxidermist.

One of these pursuits has the "Come with me if you want to live" ability.
>>
>>49103148
>Just sad no one in my group wanted to roll a Gremlin.
I'd definitely want to run an all gremlin party.

Although it'd be fun to be the only gremlin in a party.
>Where all the pink women at?
>>
>>49103397
I uhh
Hard choice all of them sound fucking hilarious.
Hmmm but I probably would have to go with Rocketeer... Or Boozehound or pigwhisperer... SHIT. UHH ROCKETEER BECAUSE MAYBE BLOWING YOUR SELF UP?
>>
Anybody have advice for a new Nico player?
I'm thinking about picking him up next.

>>49104279
It's got to be the best career, it's got the shortest life expectancy.
>>
>>49104552
>advice
Buy some mindless zombies
"Yes that ought to do nicely."
>>
>>49104619
How many is enough?
Mortimer + Carrion Emissary can drop 3+ a turn. Should I have a dozen on hand just in case?
>>
>>49104664
5-6 is more than enough, if you have more than that you are probably wasting too much time making them.
>>
>>49104707
I thought more is always better. Especially since it'd let you out activate.
>>
>>49104787
He is going to outactivate, but if you aren't taking advantage of the fact that he can summon out of mindless zombies as well you probably aren't playing him as well as you could. that's why i say 5-6 is probably the high point, any more and I don't think you are using him to the best of his abilities.
>>
File: 20160831_205846_resized.jpg (398KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20160831_205846_resized.jpg
398KB, 918x1632px
>>49104279
>>49104552
While I try and figure out how to make my camera not take crappy pictures. Here's some interior art.
>>
File: 20160831_205756_resized.jpg (358KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20160831_205756_resized.jpg
358KB, 918x1632px
>>49105023
>>
>>49104664
Don't forget about Canine Remains. With those and Maniacal Laugh you can do some really crazy shit.
>>
File: 20160831_205813_resized.jpg (52KB, 551x979px) Image search: [Google]
20160831_205813_resized.jpg
52KB, 551x979px
>>49105023
>>49105056
>>
>>49105072
NO STOP
DO NOT WASTE CROWS TRYING TO DIG WITH CANINES
Nico need those crows more than the dogs do.
>>
How are the starter box dudes with dreamer?
>>
>>49105056
New gremlinette confirmed
>>
>>49105077
>>49105620
That guy looks like a gremlin with TT hair and tats
>>
>>49105615
Good but you will quickly want some stitched together, and probably a widow weaver, Mr. Tannen, a Teddy or all three. To throw into the list.
>>
>>49105660
Planning to resell the Wild Ones, so that should be doable I think
>>
>>49105673
Also some insidious madness as they run schemes like crazy
>>
>>49105660
>>49105707
Sounds good. Is this for summons or Chompy?
>>
>>49105620
I kinda dig this one too. But boxer gremlin is going to be my character if I'm ever not forevergm
>>
>>49105757
More for summons but the wonderful thing about dreamer is that so long as you have the nightmares you can really build him either way.

I would say Tannen goes into any list no question. His +2 on masks is too good to ignore. Widow weaver with some that attacks WP can make an entire section of the board toxic to deal with and teddy loves it when people fail their WP saves. Considering I have 4 teddies I would probably be that Asshole who runs 2, but you could also Alp spam as they only cost 3 points. I think the only drawback to weaver is her mightly cost of 8 + 2 ss for the handbag.
>>
Response to the last thread
>>>49102928
>What do you mean by 'trap'? I thought that Candy's healing ability works well with Lucius' Devil's Deal, and could even help with Stitched Together's failed Gambles. Plus she brings 4ss to the cache (if i understood correctly..). Is she just overpriced or too squishy?
>Okay, I hadn't noticed Hans before and...damn, yeah, he would seem to work pretty, pretty great with the copying abilities. Probably going to try to make Candy work for a start, and if/when I get sick of losing I'll switch to Hans.

My problem with candy is that her set up usually takes too much and it offers your opponent the choice of how they activate their stuff (unless you manage to get the trigger off of her ranges attack then kudos to you) and I HATE how squishy I find her for 9ss. She wants to be close but can't take a charge there is just so much better shit out there for 9 ss which is a shame because I ADORE her model. I ran a crew with her as the leader for shifting loyalties and almost every game I found myself wishing I had taken another henchman.

I dunno if you really like her have fun with her but I'd rather take someone who I know can get the job done and has a reliable long ranged attack that I can copy with the changlings and doppleganger.
>>
So, that went to shit. CampaignAnon here. I had not read the rulebook as deep as I thought I did. Also, one of our players is now mad at me.

I got everyone together, and made a production of shuffling up the deck, having another player cut it, and a third player flip for our weekly event. Black Joker. Anything that's killed this week is automatically finished off, then flip again. We got Ampersand, which is basically +1 Armour if you're within 6" of a 50mm base put in the centre of the table, but still.

Then we flipped for schemes and strats. Everybody would be doing the same ones for the week. Wanted to make it fancy.
Deployment: Standard. Phew. okay, taht's not too bad.

Strategy: Reckoning. Well, shit. Combine that with A Bad Moon Rises from the Black Joker, and you're gonna see some shit. Maybe the schemes will help it get less killy?

Assassinate
Bodyguard
Vendetta
Plant Explosives.

Fuck. Everything.
>>
So can Gremlins actually grow facial hair?

I find it weird that Old Cranky has hair, but all the male gremlins don't have any except for the taxidermist. I can't picture gremlins having any sense of hygene or grooming.
>>
>>49106245
get fucked nerds.

Seriously though, with plant explosives and the centerline scheme that is always in there is a "non-violent" option

>>49106326
Ulix grew a beard.
>>
>>49106326
Hog Whisperer has a beard.
>>
>>49106245
Also, I'd misread severalt hings. I've never read the book as thoroughly as I think I did. No matter when I read it last. No matter how many times I've read it. You'd think I'd learn.

Today's extra special fuckup hour is me thinking that the Max Injuries on the Injuries chart is how many it takes to Annihilate a model, rather than the max before it's annihilated. Why did I think that? I don't fucking know, I'm apparently retarded. This led to one of our players, who was doing Titania and got told that she couldn't proxy literally her entire crew, losing her Totem. Oh yeah, she's doing Viktorias now. The fucking whirlwinds of death. Vik of Blood, 3 Ronin, and the Totem. And we got the killy schemes. Fuck.

So I put down the Peon, and bring up that it can only take 1 injury and then dies, and she sulks the rest of the night. I then wind up against a relatively new Guild player, who I'm trying to bring into the fold. Maybe we can play something light and gentle and not so much about killing models, since Ampersand and A Bad Moon Rises last all week?

Strategy: Reckoning.

Schemes:
Murder Protege
Breakthrough
Entourage
Assassinate

I guess it's a little better? But everyone's crew's already gone to shit. Except for ms. Maxed Out Luck Stat, who's running Viktoria. Who loses ONLY Viktoria, and decides to Strategic Withdrawal out of frustration. Apparently her list "Doesn't work without the totem".
>>
>>49106333
>>49106384
then why does Wong need to gum up his moustache?
>>
>>49106420
So, as of the time I left, the Ortegas player I was playing against (Latigo Posse box and a counts-as Pistolero) had lost Papa Loco and the Pistolero, I'd lost the Shadow Effigy and the Lone Swordsman, I don't even KNOW what happened to the guy running Dashel, and our Viks player lost her Totem. Because I couldn't read a fucking book. So we're going to say that the games happened, but after the bad moon rose, a grand sun burned it away, and all Injuries were lost. Let's hope next week is better. Or at least involves less goddamn Reckoning.
>>
>>49106462
Some people can't grow facial hair. maybe gremlins are the same.

Like my beard can't grow past 3 inches, even if I grow out my stache and wax it every day I can't grow a fu manchu.
>>
>>49106495
Couldn't you just redo the week. Just let everyone know that the mistake was made and call it practice. If you have to compensate, then give everyone a free pull on the barter flip win or lose.
>>
>>49106420
Essentially the injury table is a cap, which when met doesn't auto-kill the model? Hopefully your campaign goes better. I wish that I had more than three dudes to play a campaign with myself.
>>
>>49106556
I was tempted, but the Viks player was very much against it, and she was already super salty. It's a small community, standing your ground on shit when people are already angry is a good way to get them to leave and the community to fall apart. Sometime later in the week (Probably Saturday or so) I'll message them and suggest something more fair. Doing this on 2 hours of sleep and a Five Hour Energy poured into an Ubermonster was probably not my smartest choice, but fuck it, we agreed to this weeks ago.
>>
>>49106607
Fair enough, I can respect that. I played four campaigns if you need any help or got any questions. Hell, I'll flip for next weeks' shit if you like.

On another sidenote, the most insane crap I've seen was my Sebastian crew (bad idea by the way you guys), having a divalicious crew where both nurses and belles cost 1 extra soul stone from the Big Head disadvantage and McM took injuries every match and ended up going on mythic journeys. So he'd never show up until turn 3. Waste of an avatar form.

But then I had one with Vik of Blood where she got Von Schill rocket shoos and +1 reach. That was the best.
>>
>>49103397
What book are the gremlins rules in?
>>
>>49106745
Into the Bayou, the books that came out at Gencon
>>
>>49106745
>>49106761
Yep that one. And it's a fun read. The tarot for Chargen is only for gremlin characters and has you swimming down the bayou river. Every character gets a de/buff flaw. Like "I resist burning damage...but I also can catch fire if I'm anywhere near a torch"
>>
>>49106733
Gimme a good set of strats and schemes for 4 players, with:
Sensei Yu's Home for Masterless Models (Effigy, Sniper, Brother, and Swordsman, atm)
Captain Dashel's Rifle Corp (with Austringer spotters, and Miss Fortune here on her own business)
The aforementioned Viktorian Mercenary Troupe
and The Latigo Posse.
>>
>>49106873
>Miss Fortune
Fucking...This is like the fifth time I've done this. Miss Terious. The one with the pine box. You know what I mean.
>>
>>49106790
I want that so bad now. My most memorable PC was a Goblin Alchemist/Pyromaniac that lit himself and foes on fire.
>>
>>49106873
sure thing mate. Lemme open up my book...

Weekly event: Soulstone Vein
Deploy: Corner
Strat: Reconnoiter
Schemes:
Line in the Sand
Vendetta
Plant Evidence
Breakthrough
Distract

One HUGE thing to keep in mind is that injuries are not always a bad thing. They tank your campaign rating, which gives you extra soul stones equal to the difference for the lower rated crew. Also, any dead models affect the SS max of the crew.

What that means is that...
>The crews missing models force the bigger crew to play with less stuff
>The crews with more injuries can go into games with 15 SS if they are banged up enough.

So the Vik player might find things competitive especially since hiring new models always gives you a, I believe, 5 SS discount on your very first choice.
>>
>>49107127
Oh and I'd suggest poking folks to take bounties. They are fun extra goals and can net you some insanely great stuff.
>>
>>49107127
Me again, with the formulas to help.
Game Size
>Smaller SS cost arsenal +5. Meaning if the smaller team brings everything, they get +5 SS. +Difference in campaign rating if theirs is lower.
>Masters count as 15 point models.

Campaign Ratings
> # of campaign upgrades - # of injuries
>>49107096
The gremlin book is really good. Honestly, I'm kinda tempted on saying that the source books are all better than the core pursuits but I'm not experienced enough in the game to say.
>>
>>49107251
>Smaller SS cost arsenal +5. Meaning if the smaller team brings everything, they get +5 SS. +Difference in campaign rating if theirs is lower.
This actually felt really weird. If everyone starts with 35ss of models and upgrades, or close to it, doesn't that mean that everyone will have +4 or 5 stones for the first few games?

Also, if max injuries doesn't annihilate someone, how do models get annihilated?
>>
>>49107490
Think of max injuries as the magic pixel in a video game. One more injury after that (barring lucky results that don't count) = death
>>
>>49107565
See, that's what I'd thought, but this had me confused. I'm heading to bed- maybe this will make sense with sleep. Thanks.
>>
File: Nurse Shark.jpg (572KB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nurse Shark.jpg
572KB, 1520x1080px
Is three nurses to many in a 50ss game?
I'm planing a McMourning list focused on flesh constructs.
>>
>>49102434
Archanists
I tend to have an upward battle every time I play against them.
Lucius.
My brother is really good at the game and is generally my most common opponent. That masked fop is his master of choice.
>your faction
Neverborn mostly, but been dabbling in Kirai ressurectionists.
Favorite master is Lilith, I have fun running her.
Model is the Doppelganger, I saw a really well painted version of her and the creepiness of it drew me into the game originally.
Well, that and my brother's insistence I join so he would have someone to play regularly.
>>
>>49108638
what kind of stuff do you run with lilith? what do you think I should pick up after her box, waldgeist, and also have access to the zoraida box stuff
>>
Parker anon from last thread, didn't end up getting a game because I had to finish up the local Warmachine Journeyman League. First game with him is definitely on Saturday though, I'm looking forward to it a lot. Anyone have tips on what to try with his box and Convict Gunslingers?
>>
>>49108540
Personally, I found that two nurses were too many. As great as they are, I found myself pitching low cards to get the suits I wanted and they were simply too slow to keep up outside of a Jack crew. What was your list's plan?
>>
>>49109910
Normally I go full nephlim party and they arekinda mono-directional, I'll chuck in Teddy and Dopple on occasion but not much.
I'm probably not the best to ask really.
>>
>>49110368
I've never played McMourning before and have no real plan past trying to make as many Frankenstine's monsters as possible.
I'm using the McM crew box for the base and I already have some zombie dogs from some other company, the two old metal nurses and two of the now dead Carnevale Frankenstine minis, along with assorted bits and bobs around the place so I don't think I need to buy anything extra for now.
>>
>>49110123
Also, here are some pics of my 2 crews. First off, Parker Barrows with the minis I mentioned in the last post
>>
>>49110830
And second crew, Jack Daw. This crew is Jack's box, 2 Hanged and Jaakuna. Both crews I love for thematic reasons, although until the Dead Bandits release don't gel well together IMO
>>
A silly rules questin from a newbie:

When a model has an attack action that has a built-in suit (For example Ca 7+mask), does it mean that for the attack to be succesful, I have to flip, cheat or buy the suit with soulstone for the attack to work, or that the attack always counts as having that suit to begin with? If the latter, then what purpose does the suit serve if the model or action has no triggers with the suit in question?
>>
>>49111010
if it's got a suit built into the TN then you need to flip or cheat one, when it's part of the cast action you don't need to. As for what purpose it serves I have no idea.
>>
>>49111010
Some upgrades and I think models give out triggers, it's also future proofing, if an upgrade comes out later that gives something a trigger it can be built in.
>>
Does the TTB Male Kit have any good parts for use for Von Schills Robot Hand and Leg?
>>
>>49111696
Fuck, name was from another thread.
I want Von Schill to be sorta true to the current story, but also because I'm an unoriginal fag ill paint him up as Venom Snake.
>>
>>49110830
>>49110846
You have the confidence to paint your crew even though you aren't picasso. I wish i had that. I'm afraid of "ruining" models.
>>
I picked up the wild ones and i'm starting guild, i'm wondering that since that box doesn't come with wastrels are they worth getting hold of? if they are i'd probably have to make them using the multi part kits
>>
>>49111822
Wastrels are pretty versatile and rather nice, but for me guild is only "borrowing sonnia and lucius from a friend" or playing Guild McMourning.
>>
>>49110846
The painting on that dress is really impressive, nice job.
>>
>>49111822
1-2 can be useful, you'd probably never run 3+. They're cheap, significant minions that can heal, shoot, and do fun stuff with upgrade tossing and card cycling.

Get Hounds ASAP
>>
>>49111822
Dunno about Guild, but for TT at least there's a dozen better options. Pretty much all 4 SS TT units are better than the Wastrels.
>>
>>49112307
McCabe makes them solid, with having an upgrade on them makes them a nice card cycled. They can also be pretty scary with the glowing sabre. Don't think I'd take them in any other crew though.
>>
>>49108540
They're great. But two is probably the most you'll need.
>>49110556
You should be pretty set.
I would grab Rafkin and some guild autopsys, at some point. Belles are also a great buy. They have the strongest lure in the game and can ruin your opponent's plans or save your models if you over extend.

McMourning is a lot of fun. With poison pushes and scalpel slinging he can be all over the place murdering things. Abracadaver is great. But don't count on getting it off more then a couple times a game.
>>
>>49112542
The main thing to remember with McMourning is KEEP SEBASTIAN ALIVE. If sebastian is on the field you can just hit something once or twice and let poison do the rest, a far superior option to having to kill things manually.

Also however good McMourning is in melee, don't forget his ranged plastic surgery is pretty good too, it lets you destroy anything that engages your models really easily.
>>
>>49112712
>KEEP SEBASTIAN ALIVE
This is pretty important. The jump from 1 poison damage to 6 a turn is huge. Unfortunately your opponent will probably know this (or learn really fast) and he needs to be pretty close to the action.

Don't be afraid to paralyze him with a nurse to heal him back up. He might not get an activation, but his auras stay up even while paralyzed.
>>
>>49112712
>>49112542
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>49112880
Sebastian likes forests to hide in by the way, as height 1 means his aura tends to not go over little walls etc, so forests can provide him soft cover without blocking his aura.
>>
>>49111753

Stripping paint is pretty easy anon.
>>
>>49111696
Yeah, it has mechanical limbs of several varieties. See Gmorts Chaotica's unboxing.
>>
So a buddy of mine is getting into Malifaux, he's bought Mei Feng with the intent of going Ten Thunders. What other models are good for her and have a more 'traditional' asian bend to them? He also likes Misaki but the box seems to be out of stock at the manufacturer.
>>
>>49114578
Especially for Mei, going pure azn, Toshiro+Komainu are very good, as are the Obsidian Oni, the Emissary, and of course the Ten Thunder Brothers.
>>
>>49114578
She plays pretty well right out of the box
>>49114716
These are good too.

I like Toshiro a lot. Getting use out of randome corpse and scarp counters is pretty great value imo
>>
>>49114887
>>49114716
Yeah, we'll do a few weeks of box vs box games to get him used to the system, it's more for, when he wants to do bigger games, what stuff should I point him at. I play Ressers/Outcasts, so TT is a bit beyond me. Thanks for the help!
>>
How the hell did you guys decide your first crew? We're starting Malifaux with hopefully my whole miniature gaming circle. Now me and my friend are spearheading this so we have the most crews to choose from. At first I thought about doing "drunken gremlins with pigs and assorted animals" but now I'm thinking about either Rasputina, Ironsides, Misaki or the Guild purely because I like the models more. How can one make the decision?

I've red most of the rules and a bit of tactica for all the crews. I like how playstyles can differ so much.
>>
>>49115822
I liked the western vibes so I started with the Ortegas. No matter how far I stray it always feels good to play them.
>>
>>49115822
I liked the idea of professional mercenaries, so I went Von Schill. Then I read Dead of Winter and moved on to Tara, which branched me into Ressers where I am currently.
>>
File: 1450300726607.png (172KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450300726607.png
172KB, 453x500px
>>49115822
I really liked the first edition Leviticus, he had an odd mix of frail and sinister that you don't see much in minis. Also had the most complicated cards of anyone in Malifaux, he needed two cards to fit them all. New Leviticus is ok, just miss his old mini
>>
>>49115822
Gremlins are basically hillbilly orks, which is what I play in 40k. Seemed like a natural continuation since I already understood the "ethos" behind how the crew works.
>>
>>49115822
Gremlins are fucking awesome.
Ironsides is good, but basically only as sort of a support master when her whole vibe is "in your face beater", so rather unsatisfying.
Misaki is cool and is dual faction, but pretty tough to learn.

The guild have really good models in each masters crew box, so its easy to quickly get a lot of masters. Perdita comes with a whole bunch of kickass enforcers, Lady Justice has her fantastic "jack of all trades" Death Marshals, Sonnia has the ever useful witchlings wiht their dispel and explosions, Lucius gives you guards and lawyers, plus Dashel just got a new upgrade so hes pretty dank, Hoffman's robots fit into nearly any list and the other masters are really fun to pick up once youve got one or two of those guys.

McMourning is for example fucking awesome if you have the Perdita and Lucius boxes + Abuela Ortega, or he can be used alongside The Judge from Lady Js box and some Exorcists. McCabe similarly relies somewhat on other models, like the Pale Rider, Guild Hounds and Guild Austringers. Finally there is Nellie Cochrane, who is new and unvailable for a few months outside of people who ordered the prerelease. She doesn't fight, she rants about you on her blog until public opinion turns against you and you lose.
>>
>>4911582
I have a thing for horde armies.

I was torn between Nico and Somer when I started out. And my friend liked ressers so I went gremlins.
>>
>>49115822
I have fantastical ability to make sub optimal choices. Hence I went with the Wong box while forgoing somer and Ophelia
>>
>>49116360
>Wong
>Suboptimal

Anon, I...
>>
>>49116558
He is a bit, he's got some bad match ups (friekorps) and can have trouble with some schemes.

He isn't bad, just less amazing.
>>
Is it good to buy the starter box first? Are these 8 minis there even viable choices or should I invest in 2 character boxes and screw that starter at all?
Considering that I'd like to have 2 original fate decks anyway, this box looks like a nice startup.

Also is there any other point, of getting arsenal boxes, than proxing? If I get it right, every model comes with its card and all the upgrades in the box right?

Also as first masters I'm thinking about Von Schill, because he looks tough, and one Anon mentioned once that all his box crew are mercenaries so can be used in other bands.

Also I like the theme of Brewmaster, but because I'll have to make 2 playable groups to convince my bros, after reading his abilities, I'm affraid that his rather unconventional games style might not fit most of players. So I'd have to play him most of the time, if not always.
>>
>>49116697
The 2 player starter? The minis there aren't bad, but if you're not interested in Guild or Neverborn they're hard to justify.
>>
>>49116697
The 8 minis there ARE viable choices, but the guild ones are definitely better than the neverborn ones.
The Neverborn ones are more Niche and some people dislike Angel Eyes, despite the fact she brings amazing midranging to a faction that desperately needed it.

Proxying or using old models from before the new cards came out basically. You will want the "General Upgrade" boxes though, those come with the "non model specific" upgrade cards.

Von Schill is pretty based, has lots of room for "in-theme" expansions that are also quite good and his miniatures can easily fit into the other outcast masters no problem. That said only a few of them are worth taking in other factions.

Brewmaster is cool as fuck and will teach new players that the game isn't all about killing, because brewmaster doesn't do much violence at all, he prefers to have a drink and make it so his foes cant complete any objectives. Some people will get incredibly hutthurt about this though and think his powerful control is "OP" or "impossible to counter". To those people you should point out the same amount of effort from a killy master would KILL their models, so stunning them isn't quite as powerful.
>>
>>49116697
The Learn to Play box, or whatever it's called, isn't that great. You're probably better off with two crew boxes.

I'd probably pick a more straight forward master then Brewmaster for the two starting crews. Maybe Ophelia, or Somer if you like gremlins.
>>
>>49116822
>>49116697
The best possible two crews to show off to new players are Yan Lo and Wong. Get Burt Jebsen and Gracie for Wong, plus Toshiro and Yin or Izamu or Yan Lo.

Bam, Big Trouble in Little China. Sadly i don't think Ten Thunders has any models that are triple thunder wizards, but if I'm just forgetting something get those instead of the ancestors.
>>
>>49116742
Ye but they are mercenaries right?
Is this just a meme and normally you don't really use mercenaries in normal game at all?
>>
>>49116960
I can dig it.

But then it's tempting to invest in a whole Big Trouble In Little China themed board. And that could be pricey.
>>
>>49116072
>frail and sinister
The sinister is a strange characterization to me. He seemed more deceptively frail, with a plethora of arcane knowledge and adhered to a very intriguing grey morality in comparison to the other masters/factions. I will never stop hoping for a Leveticus v2 card, m2e's is garbage.
>>
>>49117087
There's plenty of instances where you'd hire a merc to provide something you can't get in faction. The problem is, none of the models in the box really bring something you that can't get within the other factions, outside of maybe the scion or grimwell.
>>
File: Leveticus.jpg (145KB, 1240x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Leveticus.jpg
145KB, 1240x1024px
>>49117167
Fudge, forgot picture.
>>
>>49117167
Looks kind of sinister to me.
Not quite Resser Master looking sinister, but not particularly warm and fuzzy.
>>
>>49116787
>>49116742
>>49116822
One thing that justified the starter box to me was 2 fate decks that I'd like to have anyway (24$).
So for the rest 41$ I'd get 8 models that allows to play mini 1v1 game and can be used with every other faction later.
But as I see it in now, in fact it might be better to buy the decks separately and invest in two crews.
The problem is - more I know about this game, the more stuff I see as completely necessary for a great game experience and I don't even mean minis, but fate decks, schemes deck, now the upgrade box (which i missed before, but I believe it's not so vital at start?).
Starter box seemed like I could start a game investing a lot less.

>>49116960
I like Yan Lo because of japanese skeletons but Wong just doesn't fit me. It's not that I like gremlins so much, it's just the brewmaster that catched my eye but even before I asked I expected what >>49116822 said:
>I'd probably pick a more straight forward master then Brewmaster for the two starting crews.
>>
>>49116558
His box is.

Worst totem, over abundance of lightning bugs and mancha is not the best glowy target
>>
>>49116072
>just miss his old mini
That and a 1e freikorp trapper are the only Outcast things my LGS has.
>>
>>49115822
I liked the nightmares come to life aspect of Pandora, it reminded me of the old game Dreamblade.
From there it was a short step to most the Neverborn.

Now I'm working on a hospital themed crew with Guild McMourning and the starter set medical quartet because I have a big interest in the history of medicine.
>>
>>49110556
Welcome to the doc's lab! He is a lot of fun!
>>
So I'm about ready to ship off my guilders for a vintage master. I'm leaning towards Raspy since a lot of my local meta plays Arcanist. What do you think they'll be worth?

>>49111010
>>49111062
>>49111163
Not to mention that some models remove the suits when you target them. This is mostly important if the TN includes that built in suit.
>>49115822
Mine was decided for me. I was looking at Viks and Misaki and my friends picked me up a metal McM set. Played them for about a year before I jumped ship to my now true love...the twins.
>>
Friendo tells me Malifaux games take longer than most other tabletop games. Any truth to that?
>>
>>49115822

I did the standard thing and got Lucius first, but then got a cheap Seamus and McMourning and ended up entrenched in Ressers. Honestly though I was already looking into them anyway because I loved the idea of summoning on top of beefy models since I usually lean more toward alpha striking.
>>
>>49116960
Sculpt some basket hats on 10 thunders brothers.
>>
>>49118559
It's a pretty complex game, can be long for newbies, but tourney games get done in 90-120 minutes.
>>
>>49106245
>>49106420
>>49106495
>>49106607
Oh, I forgot the highlight of the night, at least for my crew.

The good highlight was the Ten Thunders Brother managing to absorb a chain activation from Francisco and Santiago Ortega without taking the single wound he had left - Admittedly, I Red Jokered the first attack that was going to hit, and rode off Defensive the rest of it, but he just refused to fucking die.

The bad highlight was also the Ten Thunders Brother. Specifically, over the course of two games, I Black Jokered his Dance of the Heavens three goddamn times. I mean, it's a good use of a Black Joker, but god /dammit/ man.
>>
>>49118679
Sometimes I wonder why they didn't just balance for 35-40. I've regularly heard top players say they forget bookkeeping and usually have games go to time. I get it would be fewer interactions, but I feel it would've been better for the health of the game.
>>49118342
Rasputina looks pretty cool. Though, if you happen to get an outcast I'm begging for 300-900dpi scans.
>>
>>49119055
I feel like a lot of the game is built around seeing everything in your deck eventually? And you don't usually do that at 35 stones unless you're Ten Thunders. 50 gives you the feeling of not getting screwed by a bad shuffle a lot more.
>>
>>49119055
Higher pt scales lead to easier granularity and wider list build options
>>
>>49119089
Yea, cause the games balanced for 50.
No point in wishful thinking though, gotta deal with what they give. Still a bummer how many great concepts get hamstrung by execution.
>>
>>49119281
Yes, under its current conditions. It would take an overhaul to move to 35.
>>
The local group I play with is planning a 500ss Free For All with around twelve players at the table.

I'm curious how that will go though I don't expect much.

I can't be bothered bringing along a full crew, I'm just taking two Teddies.
>>
>>49120200
Don't actually do that. You're looking at about 30 hours of downtime. Even 200 ss with 4 people is pushing it.
>>
>>49120333
Supposedly "It's all been taken into account".
They done similar things before and it's generally been a six or so hour affair but I'm not involved in planning so I haven't a clue what is happening.

Like I said, I don't expect much.
>>
>>49120200

Is it just going to be a big brawl? I can't imagine how any sort of marker dependent schemes would work in that.
>>
>>49120976
I would assume that the scheme pool would need to be Kill heavy, but It would be interesting trying to make stuff like guard the stash and Convict labor viable in a game of that size.
>>
>>49121040
>>49120976
> Distract
>>
>>49121106
that one too
>>
So, tomorrow I start painting my brother's models.

Yan Lo's Box
Asami's Box
Mr. Tannen (He has Mr. Graves)
3x Jorogumo
2x Komainu
Izamu
Yin

Where do I friggin' start?
>>
>>49121222
Start with the metal doggies, and ramp up sloly.
>>
>>49121222

Yin should be pretty easy to start wtih.
>>
Jeez, why the heck does the Jorogumo box come with three of them. Who's going to spend 27SS on three minions?
>>
>>49121327
Asami
>>
>>49121327
ask a misaki player when they start beating your face in after running across the board.
>>
>>49121327
I heard a guy say that McCabe is funny with all three. But I don't know. Personally, I'd have been happy if there were two of them.

By the way, the worst feeling in the world was when I got lazy and tried carrying them to the bag on my arm instead of carrying the bag to the models. 24 pointed plastic spider legs on my arm was not a fun sensation.

Then I realized it'd be funny to Indian in the Cupboard these things. Because I'm a terrible person.
>>
>>49120976
I sort of assumed it would be 10 1v1s, but instead of hard board edges Game's can bleed over.
>>
>>49120200
that sounds fucking awful
>>
>>49102434
I'm not really big on the fluff, what is with the Quarantine Zones in the city?
Is it a plague?
Do people live there and could they come and go?
>>
>>49124464
it's an area of the city that the guild don't have the manpower to sort out, generally it's full of ressers and neverborn.
>>
>>49124519
Could anyone set up shop there or would they just end up getting killed?
>>
>>49124464
People can usually come and go as they please (Some of them have Guardians blocking entry, generally near the homes of the wealthy). But if you go into a Quarantine zone, the Guild makes no promise of your safety. You can do whatever you'd like there, as long as it doesn't spill over into Guild-protected city. Understand, however, that you are probably not the first one there. If you are entering a quarantine zone for the first time, you are probably also not the scariest thing there. And if you die, we will not mourn you, as you have been warned.
>>
>>49124720
Unless you're more dangerous then the denizens of the quarter zone you'll probably die. There's undead and neverborn galore.

>>49124742
>People can usually come and go as they please
No they can't. That's the point of the quarentine. The wealthy areas border the poor areas which in turn border the quarentine zone.

There's a wall in-between the slums and the quarentine zone. And it's the guild job to make sure nothing comes in without being thoroughly inspected. People coming in from the zone could be resurrectionists, doppelgangers, plague carriers or any number of bad things.

That being said, there are plenty of ways in and out of the zone, illegally. Holes in the wall, or through the sewers underneath.
>>
I play ressurs and have figured out pretty well what would be good for the first 3 masters I played after 1 game. Or at least got an idea of what they need under them. After playing mcmorning for the first time I am not sure what should be in his crew. Tips?
>>
Can you get the plastic waifs on their own or must you buy the full Leveticus crew to get them?
I want them for some conversions but I don't have any use for the rest of the box.
>>
>>49125952
There are some places that sell singles from the boxes, but otherwise you've got to get the Levi box
>>
>>49124720
There's a story about a Ten Thunders brilliance operation being run out there (its unclear exactly what they do, but you can assume they store or produce it there) and they get wiped the fuck out by Hamelin, but ultimately they were able to exist out there safely for a long time with just a torakage and a couple depleted for guards.

95% of days in the quarantine zone so long as you aren't "exploring" you are relatively safe. The other 5% you have to deal with big hordes of undead, a neverborn raid, Hamelin's machinations, Hayreddins vengeance etc etc.
>>
>>49117333
Dude, the point of getting Wong, Burt Jebsen and Gracie is because Yan Lo is the villain of Big Trouble in Little China and Wong, Burt and Gracie are the protagonists of it.

What better way to show off to new players than a Big Trouble In Little China theme game?
>>
File: Venom Schill.jpg (353KB, 2200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Venom Schill.jpg
353KB, 2200x1000px
I've never converted a model in my life before, but i want to start.

I need to turn the model on the right (though mine is unpainted and i dont mind chopping it up to replace some parts) into something vaguely similar to the character on the left, though not in that pose.

TTB multi part kit has a metal arm, i can greenstuff the horn fairly easily (and possibly make him less bald?) the scars can be painted on (and maybe cut in with a knife?) I can hopefully give him a metal leg from TTB multi part (VS loses a leg as well in the new story apparently? less true to snake but i want something inbetween the two) but beyond that I'm not really sure what to change. Should i aim for a "fatigues" look as in this picture, or the sneaking suit? Does anyone have some tips for this kind of conversion or ideas they think would make "Punished Schill" look better?

Also any tips for paint scheme/conversions of other Freikorps models into Diamond Dogs would be great too.
>>
>>49125455
A Nurse, Sebastian, Zombie Chihuaha Canine Remains as Scheme Runners, Guild Autopsies or Crooked Men or Onryo for ranged all rounders, Shikome or Rafkin for melee beating, Guild Lawyers to give out even more bullshit conditions and finally Izamu, Carrion Emissary or Rogue Necromancy as a big scary beater McMourning can push around.

You can also do Sebastian + Mortimer if you want to constantly summon Canine Remains during the fight.
>>
>>49112146
You mean Ligeia? It's literally just base and drybrush dude, real easy shit. The white was an extra highlight on top but still nothing majorly difficult
>>
>>49115822
Started out by what master I thought looked coolest and had the crew I liked, and Jack Daw just shone out to me. Reading his fluff also helped win me over, and I love playing him with all the tricks he can do. However, now that Parker is out I'm moving into him for a while cause I'm a big history buff and the Wild West is a period I love
>>
>>49128705
>Not embracing the weird west half of outcasts with Leveticus and Tara
Shame on you.

Personally i play the Weird West half and i have a friend who plays the "without a cause" half. Though he has Hamelin and i have Von Schill, so i guess we each have one outcast who crosses that line.
>>
>>49128715
Found a shop today with a whole stack of 1st ed metals, it was really hard not to get all the Leviticus related stuff. Reading the desolation engine and how Levi can build up the train real fast is something I like, although may be a bit dickish. Been considering Tara for a while now as well though, mainly because she's dual faction ressers and I have some stuff from Jack
>>
>>49128734
Levi can also run all but two of the tormented models. Papa Loco and Nurses escape Levi's reach though.
>>
>>49128879
Hnngggg stop! He's seriously tempting me now, that was pretty much the icing on the cake
>>
>>49128936
Well Leveticus has two "limited" upgrades.
One is "hire any construct".
The other is "hire any undead".
Leveticus is generally (after his recent errata) weaker than other masters himself, but his wide hiring pool and the fact he counters models with loads of defensive abilities mean he will forever be a viable and relevant master.

He's also great because his "immortality" mechanic is impossible for shit players to counter because they don't want to change up their playstyle, which is what led to his unjustified nerf.
>>
>>49127726
I feel the route you'd like to take must be finalized first. As an example, I'm working on a custom Leveticus and to avoid any questions of legality its being made from 10+ different plastic Wyrd models with just a tiny bit of sculpting for detail. Under this route I had to determine the pose first and buy tons of minis to test which ones were similar in scale first hand.
If you're fine with using more nonWyrd minis or lots of sculpting, then the job gets easier. If this is your first time, I'd also consider buying multiples of the conversion bits you will be using if you don't have recasting infrastructure. Accidents happen and having that perfect piece go out of stock/production can be a real bummer.
It seems you aren't too particular on the concept so here's my take:
Leave most of Von alone and alter the details/pose. You want him to be very recognizable during play so you don't waste all this time making a mini you don't even get to use. The pose should highlight the modifications, imo a dashing Von, head forward, robot arm elbow forward supporting a firearm, anchored by his robot leg is the way to go. His body is already decently positioned for this repositioning.
I wouldn't recommend the TTB parts, most are lacking in detail, stiff and worse versions of bits you can find elsewhere. One of the Desperate Mercenaries has a pretty decent metal arm which is already holding a gun and changing the barrel is quite easy (also comes with an eye patch head if you choose to do some tinkering). Strongarms also have nice detail, but I'm not sure of their scaling with Von since I don't own him.
>>
>>49127726
>>49129266
Rail Workers, Strongarm, Necropunk, Nicodem, Of Flesh and Metal, and Ryle can supply a robot leg. I wouldn't suggest the workers because it looks too frail, Strongarms could be too identifiable which can conflict with the cohesion of the mod, Necropunk offers a lot of mechanical bits to play up the augmentation but they're also on the frail side, Nicodem is kind of in the same boat as Strong arm but it's easy, and Hoffmans box can be used for an intensive kitbash but that's a bit too much for a leg. I suggest Ryles, it has a sturdy, combat oriented look, is an established procedure fluff wise, and mixes well with the military vibe. He's a big guy, so only the area below his pants will really be usable, you'll have to replace the foot and maybe reapply the harness detail after some sanding with a one part press, but it matches Vons kneepads well.
Replacing Vons sash with a holster is easy enough as would sculpting that scarf, but always keep in mind using one part press molds to replicate high detail bits is for easy, cohesive application can be clutch.
>>
>>49125455
Sebastian for poison fuckery, Chihuahua for cheap poison fuckery, Autopsies for cheap tranfusion targets, Nurses to heal/debuff, Chiaki for conditions, Rafkin for transfusion. Summon flesh constructs and canine remains. Load a model up with poison and expunge for a nice flesh construct. Make sure to give the Doc Decaying Aura.
>>
>>49125455
What those other guys said. But also: Belles.
>>
>>49129524
Belles go with everything. I might suggest the Emissary as well. Creates terrain, passes out poison, even does some summoning of his own. Even better if you run Spare Parts.
>>
>>49129266
Hmm. Desperate Mercenaries have a metal arm and an eyepatch?
I was planning to just greenstuff the eyepatch and horn to be honest. But desperate mercs could be a good choice, i could assemble the one i dont chop up for use as a model too.

Honestly I'm not really sure what to do about the legs. I may end up thanks to being lazy leaving them as they are, i think the horn, eyepatch and robot arm will make a pretty solid and identifiable shill/snake if i paint it properly.

I could also maybe try to paint and greenstuff the leg to make it look metal if i cant find a suitable leg.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>49129814
Desperate mercs seem like a good start. Although, iirc the head has a hat. Which could be annoying.
>>
>>49129911
Yeah looking at the sprue i think its better to just shove a cut up piece of sprue or greenstuff onto VS's head and greenstuff an eyepatch. The desperate merc head seems better for the merc himself.

Still if im only using the arm, i might be able to turn VS's arm into a replacement so the mercenary is useful.
>>
File: DSCN1482-1.jpg (37KB, 365x368px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1482-1.jpg
37KB, 365x368px
>>49129814
>>49129911
>>49129939
It does have a hat, but could easily be converted to a Big Boss with beret.
One last endorsement for Ryle. Just look at that harness/leg package. It's thematic, unobtrusive, minimalist and draws attention to itself in a natural way, but it would take work to transfer.
Alternatively, even though it's armor, you could get the regular sized Ten Thunders Samurai for more arm/leg options.
>>
>>49102434
Has anyone GM'd a Through the Breach game?

I read through the book the other day. It seems pretty neat. But I'm not entirely sure that I dig the "fate" part of the characters. It seems like most of them are vague and nebulous to the point of unusability.

I'm thinking I might just ditch the whole concept. I could talk to the players and we could come it our own destinies for the Fated, but the whole mechanic seems like it might be still add unnecessary complication, for no pay off.

Anybody with more experience with the system have a comment on what Fates add to the experience?
>>
>>49130086
Looking at that leg. You might be able to get away with greenstuff and a paint job.
>>
>>49129939
>>49130267
I'm pushing bits and press molds because poster said it was their first time. Sculpting an eye patch on an oversized jugheaded space Marine is easy enough, but emulating the delicate relief imagery of Malifaux and avoiding desecration with indecipherable blobs could be harder.
>>
>>49130507
The fuck is a press mold?
Also part of the reason i don't want to get Ryle is im not sure what else i would do with his parts (though desu he would be useful for Guild McMourning if i could somehow put VS's legs on to make a functional ryle) and I'm not really a "money is no object" player who can buy too many boxes. Buying desperate mercs and ryle would mean less money for gameplay models or vidya till my next paycheck.
>>
File: 20160902_115036_resized.jpg (67KB, 680x1026px) Image search: [Google]
20160902_115036_resized.jpg
67KB, 680x1026px
>>49130103
I have, two campaigns so far. As for the fates, the way to play them is like the edge of the empire obligations. Where you focus adventures, NOT sessions on them. You should have two or three ideas on how to bring it about and try and nudge things to those points. If the party fails to reach those points then they simply avoided their fate and still "resolved it".

As for what the fates add, they add table discussion when it works. You try and determine who has the worst fate or use the players to generate ideas on what they mean. So when CharGen is done, make sure everyone reads theirs and spend five or ten minutes discussing ideas...you as the Fatemaster MUST take notes here.

As an important note, make sure that the adventure/session ties in to a specific characters destiny. If you allow loose translations then you run into the problem of a character completing their destiny in a single session on accident. If someone balks just remind them that Fate has bigger in store for them.

I'm free for questions though.

Also, I have a work in progress Toshiro I'm working on but I had to stop for a game I'm running on roll 20. What do you think?
>>
>>49131161
I guess I'm still not understanding what it adds to the game, enjoyment wise.

I mean, most player characters are "destined for great things" by dint of them being player characters in and adventure game. I'm not getting what having a set destiny, does. Especially if it's a nebulous one, it makes in harder to play up the resisting fate thing.
>>
>>49131161
Looks nice.
Not sure it gives off the whole "bloated stench" thing Toshiro's supposed to have going on.
>>
>>49131367
The point of the fated is that EVERYONE has a set destiny, they are the ones with the ability to REJECT it.
The kinds of people if you asked Zoraida whether they will have lunch tommorow, she wouldn't know.

This is why everyone else always flips the same card value, but fated flip from the deck.
>>
>>49131367
The big idea is that only Fated can reject their fate. That's why only Fated or people Fated control actually get to touch the cards without penalty.

What it sets up is that discovery of "ohhh that's what that means." Like I'll flip a random card for the Gremlin destiny since it's near me...

>But even a good man will kill
The players might read this and discuss whether it means an NPC or PC gets corrupted and forces to kill someone or that perhaps there is a mystery where the murderer is the guy everyone thought is innocent. It's supposed to build guesses and anticipation.
>>49131427
It doesn't, but my brother has asked for a more Dynasty Warriors theme so I'm going for heroic Izamu rather than Stank-dank guy.
>>
>>49131427
That's Izamu, he doesn't have bloated stench.
>>
>>49131504
Gack, right you are. I blame my brother for paying me to do 20 models.
>>
>>49130837
Well, you could use the mercenaries to emulate Ryles rig. Copy the mercenary's mechanical elbow and use it as the ankle, then sculpt an angular shin on it. The other mercenary has straps you can copy and sculpting a simple rod to join it to the kneepad should be easy enough.

Press mold: take your chosen substance (oyumaru, greenstuff, aves, etc) and press enough over to completely cover the mercenary's patch. Remove substance and let dry. Cut mold so you just have patch and a small amount of the surrounding area. Take desired copying substance and let dry. The necessary firmness will depend on what size and kind of detail you are copying. Press in a tiny amount of copying substance until flush with surrounding area. Remove and apply copied detail to desired miniature. (I often score the area details are applied to)

I love doing this to add difficult to replicate details off premium resin miniatures, giving tiny accessories like necklaces, or simply to avoid buying more surface bits.
>>
>>49130103
I've gmed three campaigns (though one was a one-shot). I use Fate as both a measure of incentivizing interactions with certain plot points in one way or another, and as a way of filling in gaps in my own plot designs. Fate stuff shouldn't be a leash, it should be used to enhance what you're already doing.
>>
>>49129141
>unjustified nerf

levi players are literally the worst
>>
File: 5dL1rTx.jpg (100KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5dL1rTx.jpg
100KB, 675x1200px
>>49131504
This is the Toshiro I did. I was going for a Crane Clan zombie
>>
>>49131729
That's what I'm hearing.
Don't hear about Hamlin or Pandora players bitching about dropping form broken to only good.
>>
>>49131789
That's the 1st edtiion to 2nd edition changes you are talking about, I'm talking about the errata to 2nd edition Levi. Completely different, the nerfs Levi got in 1st to 2nd are legit.
>>
>>49131504
>Izamu
Ah I was confused about the "work ing progress Toshiro" thing and thought he was using a third party mini.
>>
>>49131805
>I'm talking about the errata to 2nd edition Levi.
What did the errata do?
>>
>>49131789
Is it just the one guy?

I hear more complaints from Levi players then I do from Lucius ones.
>>
>>49131729
>>49131789
These are typical responses, void of understanding, content and relevancy. However, I also believe Leveticus is a poorly designed master.
>>
>>49131849
Are you the same autist that always comes and tries to say he is weak at everything and that he shouldn't be balanced around the crew he can hire because for some reason you don't want to take advantage of it? Its like you broke a lace on your shoe and refuse to walk in anything else
>>
>>49131824
His channel now can only be done once at the start of his activation and he gains focus instead.
He also went down to 1 cache, which to be honest kind of makes sense and i wouldn't have minded him going to 0 cache, considering he gets two free totems.

The Channel change however robs him of most of his "HP as a resource" theme and completely annhilates his "consistent low ranged damage" that was the main part of his function, so now basically he can finish off minions whilst Rasputina, Perdita and other comparable masters do what he used to do with no problems.

The main reason behind the nerf was that learning to play against Levi was harder than other masters, so he was pretty brutal for new players. Targetting the waifs or anchors is really no different (its actually slightly easier) than trying to kill a master, but people still were not willing to even try it then wondered why Levi kept fucking them up.
>>
>>49131932
Exhibit A, with a dose of strawman and well poisoning.
I'm open to this discussion if you'd like to be sincere.
>>
>>49131958
I would add Seamus to that comparison list.
>>
>>49131967
nah, its you. you even type like you are better than everyone else. I thought shitposters like you stayed in age of sigmar general trying to talk about how much better the game was before they added in points and brought actual players to the game? oh god that's probably you too
>>
>>49132015
Yeah true, Raspy has pseudo-mobility, Seamus has mobility, Perdita's totem is powerful mobility, so they all end up being pretty similar.
>>49132054
There's at least three in this thread, and I've seen a few around before.
>>
>>49132065
Why Levi though?
What would make him attract that sort of player?
>>
>>49132054
Identifying flacid fallacies and attempting real discussion constitutes arrogance? That's a difficult perspective for me to understand.
I'll still be here for when you decide to construct an argument.
>>
>>49132120
>look mah, i can use big words while i try to defend my overpowered toy soldier on the internet
>>
>>49132110
What? No i mean multiple people defend Levi, its not "one guy". You are the shitposter here.
>>
>>49132110
>>49132189
Also maybe the reason you think its only Levi players is there haven't been a huge number of unjustified nerfs to masters? There certainly was a lot of whining when the edition change occured but for the most part there wasn't any overkill so it died down. The other nerfed stuff like Ratjoy and Metal Gamin were near universally hated, so few people defend them, plus Hamelin can still Ratjoy and Metal Gamin are still pretty useful rather than being below the curve.
>>
>>49132166
I've got bad news for you if those are what you consider big words.

On as serious note, I feel you think he is overpowered. What I meant by sincere in my previous post is us having a discussion, working together to answer a question and not push an agenda. We'd have to agree on the question, but as an example let's just say it is 'Compared to other masters, how powerful is Leveticus?'. If that is what you'd like to do in here for you. If not, I guess this won't go anywhere productive.
>>
>>49132267
Well regardless of what's going on with all the other stuff and the other guy, want to shitpost about how great Levi is and dine on the tears of Lucius players?

Though in all seriousness has anyone tried to use Witchling Thralls, Terracotta Warriors, Patched Dashel, Changelings, Corrupted Hound and/or the Emissaries with Lucius? Supposedly some of these will help him quite a bit, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it.
>>
>>49117333
The two decks are great, but 8 models for $40 is only good value if they're models you were going to use anyway - otherwise, they're an unnecessary expense.
As far as vital buys, a fate deck is really it - your crews have their own cards, the books (or .pdfs) have the rest of the info.
The Shcemes deck is handy, yes, but it doesn't have GG16 and it only really saves you flicking back and forth through a few pages.

>>49116960
>Wong vs Yan Lo
>Big Trouble in Little China
Every damn thread.

>>49117087
>don't really use mercenaries in normal game at all?
For the tiny tax it's great for tuning synergies or, as other Anon said, filling gaps in your abilities/vulnerabilities.
For example, I've seen it said that Performers have a place in every list apart from Seamus'.
I wouldn't know, I play Colette, so I already got that filth all day long.
>>
>>49132494
Its me in every damn thread reccomending the Wong Vs Yan Lo to new players. I just want people to do it damn it.
>>
>>49118741
>Ten Thunders Brother.
>Black Jokered his Dance of the Heavens three goddamn times.
Re-touch the paintjob, add a few gourds/bottles, use him as a Fermented River Monk until the end of his days.
Boy got two left feet or a drinking problem.

>>49119055
>why they didn't just balance for 35-40.
I suspect the over-long games are basically pros taking the game too seriously (a necessity, to be fair).
I'm brand-new to the game, but my third game (ever) at 35ss too 90 minutes, and the third through fifth turns took faaaar less time than the first two, despite the relative lack of action in turn 1.
Also >>49119089 this - the probabilities are balanced for cycling the deck, especially for high-TN and suit-dependent crews.

>>49120200
This is a fucking terrible idea.
Don't partake.
Take a crate of beer and instigate/Kingmake from the sidelines.

>>49127726
I think the various concerns re: using enpough Wyrd parts is not something to worry about unless you plan on playing a shitload of tournaments outside your local scene.
I can't imagine any halfway sensible player actually having a problem with it, as long as it's clearly von Snake and his Freimond Dogs, and any TO douche enough to ban crews that opponents are happy to play is no TO to game under.
>>
>>49132699
So far my plan is to paint them in the "plain" outfit the diamond dogs have on mother base, with the headpiece as black like the balaclavas and the goggles red like NVGs are for some reason in MGS.
>>
>>49131835
>I hear more complaints from Levi players then I do from Lucius ones.
There are no Lucius players.
There's no-one to complain.

>>49131932
In AutistAnon's defence, I think the nerf was a bit heavy-handed.
But absolutely necessary.
I don't think they needed to kill Channel .and. his Cache, to be honest.

>>49132267
Not that guy, but I think he was overpowered because his near-guaranteed damage was plain too high.
Yes, you can to some extent mitigate that by play-style.
They over-remedied that wiith the nerf though.
>>
>>49132508
>I just want people to do it damn it.
I was getting that impression, Anon.
Strongly.
I freely admit it would be pretty great as a fun new-player grabber, but it's also way off-tone for the game, and uses two pretty difficult Masters.
>>
>>49132896
6-12 at most, Perdita can easily match/outdo that and she ignores several protections. Seamus just flat out does so much protections mean jack shit (unless hes bag seamus, in which case this isn't really his role) though I'll admit Rasputina falls a little behind here when it comes to beating through defenses, her paralyze more than makes up for that.
Its not like he was getting severe every time unless he threw his whole fucking hand at your face, in which case any master could be pulling off similar shenanigans.
>>
>>49132508
I've never wanted to do that until you framed it as a recruitment tactic. However, where is Wang's stand in? I agree regarding the three storms. Gonna have to find some fitting models or else it's kind of pointless.
>>
>>49132929
>Way off tone
What are you talking about? The entire game's tone is about references to films, literature, comics etc.
>>
>>49132896
>There are no Lucius players.
True. I bought the old metal box, cause I love the Lucius model so much.

Don't know if I'll ever put his crew together and play him though.

>In AutistAnon's defence, I think the nerf was a bit heavy-handed.
Unless your opponent is opposed to it, you could play as the pre-nerf Levi. In friendly games at least.

>>49132699
>the probabilities are balanced for cycling the deck, especially for high-TN and suit-dependent crew
Could just not reshuffle at the end of turn, and just reshuffle as you need it.

>>49132699
>This is a fucking terrible idea.
It might be alright. Like a Malifaux version of Apocolypse. It would need to be pretty well organized though.
>>
>>49132957
Yeah, I was over-stating it a bit.
References are generally a little more subtle, and significantly less comical.

>>49132940
But it's more easily/effectively exectued by Levi, and the fear of retaliation is almost irrelevant - he can afford to dump a lot of his hand and suffer little in the way of consequences, unlike most other masters.
>>
>>49133007
>Like a Malifaux version of Apocolypse.
I rest my case.
A fucking terrible idea.
Actually an even worse idea, because alternating activations and Initiative are relevant in this case.
>>
>>49132947
If you're going TT pretty much any three random

>>49133068
>A fucking terrible idea.
It might be aweful bit ti makes for a good story.
>>
>>49132896
Too high needs context, so what are you using for comparison? Also, damage consistency, predictability, card intensity, and threat range would need to be compared as well.
>>49132929
What's wrong with the tone? Regarding complexity, I don't think it would be too bad to present some straight forward tactics to focus on and allow them to do edge at their discretion.
>>
>>49132947
Uh, no clue. I guess i always thought Wong was Wang, i would be wondering who the old man is more than anything.
>>49133047
Is that a joke? Come on man, we just mentioned Seamus and Rasputina, two masters who really can dump their whole hand with no threat thanks to the way their crew works. Plus its much harder to kill either of them.
>>
>>49133116
Dang, that's kind of lame. Three ancient warriors imbued with the magic power of the storm represented by any random goons? And Gracie gets a combat incarnation over Wang and the three? Wyrd, how could you!
>>49133047
He does have consequences. Levs projected and delayed movement, damage predictably, susceptibility to movement effects, and subsequent loss of resources due to card intensity are risks which can easily be used to mitigate his effectiveness.
>>
>>49133328
Wong is the last name of the actor who plays Shen, but maybe they combined them?
>>
>>49133339
Not to mention he still randomizes and loses a lot of power against cover. Yeah he can sort of pseudo-obey if he hits his own guy but thats going to be fairly easy to avoid or mitigate unless its fucking Izamu or some shit.
>>
>>49133339
The Three Storms would make pretty kickass Last Blossom minions, considering Ototo and Misaki have "The Thunder". To a certain Extent Low River, High River, Wandering River could capture a little bit of the thematics and Ototo is kind of like having one Storm.
>>
>>49133328
>>49133360
With upgrades and the stat fluff, Wong seems thoroughly Shen. Though in Burt's blurb it refers to Wong as his cousin. I guess Wang's hyper competency didn't lend itself to the gremlin flavor.
>>49133510
Seems Titania stole them.
>>
>>49132494
I guess I only wanted these 8 models because I could play with somebody right away. But as I see it now, it's completely impractical because there are even no real masters included.

I guess I'll just choose 2 starting crews, potentially both with dual faction masters to increase my future options.

>The Shcemes deck is handy, yes, but it doesn't have GG16 and it only really saves you flicking back and forth through a few pages.

Well I'm still thinking in terms of attracting my friends, where nicely printed objective cards could really add a nice flavor on the table, opposite to extensive book traversing.
Also what about upgrade cards? All of them can be found in the books? Even if, isn't there like tens/hundreds of possible upgrades to chose?

Question about OP books.
Books 1, 2 and 3 all consist of playable models info and are not reduntant? I mean, I should check all of them to know playable minis?

Core rules book doesn't include campaign rules and campaign book doesn't have core rules inside yea? My dumbphone is unable to deal with huge pdfs.
>>
>>49134312
Starter is good for just learning the game with simple scenarios. They're all mercs, but outside of Grimwell and the Scion they're not great picks. They are, however, all useful within their faction.

Scheme deck is nice, it even comes with multiplayer games and story encounters. You can also get the GG2016 schemes and strats through print on demand.

Upgrades come with models and they're in the books. The upgrade deck has all the general upgrades, not model specific ones.

Books 1-4 have no redundant models between them. Book 1 has core rules, which are also free online, and book 3 has the campaign
>>
>>49134312
Well Good "Dual Faction" masters for starting are a little awkward, as most of them lean toward one side or the other "out of the box".
That said Lucas Mccabe is Guild/Ten Thunder and a solid choice for both, even out of the box. His playstyle is interesting but i don't think its too hard for new players, plus he's indiana fucking jones.

Zoraida for Neverborn could be a good choice, covering Neverborn and Gremlins, showing off the "nonhuman" side of Malifaux very well. Out of the box she leans a little more Neverborn. She uses debuff tricks and controls other models.
>>
>>49134845
Zorida would be good.

I'm trying to think of a more straight forward combat matter who is also disk faction for a range of play types. Mei?
>>
>>49135004
McMourning. His guild side and his Ressur side are very different and he brings mobility, beatsticking and poison shenanigans all at once, with the possibility to be an interact machine or a summon machine based on faction. If you do end up getting the starter box, Zoraida and McMourning will both make excellent use of whats in them.
>>
Just got some Neverborn to paint. Holy fuck is LCB big.

Also, resin bases are spawn of satan and should all go eat shit.
>>
File: IMG_20160902_172614111_resized.jpg (153KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160902_172614111_resized.jpg
153KB, 816x612px
Two Komainu, Izamu, and the earlier two obsidian oni done. 17 models to go.
>>
File: IMG_20160902_172550343_resized.jpg (146KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160902_172550343_resized.jpg
146KB, 612x816px
>>49136722
>>
File: IMG_20160902_172434736_resized.jpg (199KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160902_172434736_resized.jpg
199KB, 612x816px
>>49136722
>>49136745
>>
>>49136722
Try to focus and get some better lighting on these pictures
>>
>>49136722
What did you do to that poor primer?
>>
>>49135251
I'm not sure why I didn't think of McMourning. He'd be a great pick.
>>
>>49136768
You paint like I do.
You might want to contact a professional.
>>
>>49134515
So I believe ones can totally enjoy game without general upgrades deck at start.

>>49134845
Yeah I was totally thinking about Zoraida because of the Juju and voodoo dolls. But the same I wanted something straightforward at start - like Von Schill.

In the end I need to gather 2 crews anyway to play with my friend and gf. One thing I want to avoid is to choose one that has it really hard to beat the other. Hence, I think I should choose 2 tough, fight-focused masters at start, and leave more complicated / unusal masters (like brewmaster maybe) for later if we get into the game.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>49137761
Brewmaster vs McMourning would be a clusterfuck of a matchup.
If you want two "fighty dual factions" without any faction crossover then its pretty much McMourning vs Mei Feng. Both are tough melee people who make use of a condition, have mobility tricks to zip around the board and have synergy with a specific characteristic.

They are essentially the same fucking master from a certain point of view.
>>
>>49138326
God that matchup. Ended up getting locked in the center never to escape in an endlessly sea of drinking. Finally killed Brewmaster only to forget that his totem was closeby.
>>
>>49138376
You poor poor bastard.
At least Sebastian would have made his moonshinobi hurt themselves a ton.
>>
File: Titania & Knights.jpg (686KB, 975x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Titania & Knights.jpg
686KB, 975x1040px
Almost finished Titanias box now, just got Aeslin and the totem to go.
I'm still trying to get to grips with playing her crew, it's been fun so far though.
>>
>>49138429
He would have, but Lenny kept throwing him away.
>>
>>49132699
>Re-touch the paintjob, add a few gourds/bottles, use him as a Fermented River Monk until the end of his days.
What the fuck are Fermented River Monks even good at?
>>
>>49139438
The obvious answer is drinking. That or Bo Rai Cho cosplay.

But seriously, my friend and I were debating why you would ever use them. Any ideas?
>>
>>49139556
Occasionally 1 is nice with Brew and Yu. They get to drag themselves across the board without having to walk a single step and they get to reactivate just about every turn.
>>
>>49139190

Hot damn that's a nice looking purple anon.
>>
How are you supposed to build a first crew? I mean, I read GG2016, but it's definitely a different level of understanding to have played.
Read a couple things on crew building and it seems like there's 2 general approaches, making a small core and adjusting the rest to starts or having multiple prebuilt pods to draw from. I'd like to do the first just to lower the price of entry, but any advice would be helpful.
>>
>>49140394
When you're sure about starting Malifaux I'd jump in by getting two masters to start with. One for just damage/killing potential and the other for strong support/scheming.

Each faction has a few of both and having those two categories filled allows you to do well for just about every scheme. Fill it up with some cheap shit, something big and maybe one or two things that both master boxes lack.
>>
>>49140394
The way I like to do it is to figure out the bare minimum that a master needs to work. Usually you can get this on 20-25 SS (at least for the masters I played).

Then you identify schemes you want to do *assuming the opponent won't/can't counter them*. Like if I see inspection I strongly consider two freikorps trappers to hang out on the sides cause then they can throw down schemes for Convict Labor.

After that you should have 10-15 points to play with and that's to stop things that you have problems with or see a lot from your faction. (Like Anna Lovelace to stop push/place effects).
>>
>>49140394
I'd suggest starting with one master, their crew box and whatever else you want to take to get to 50 stones. That's what I did when I first started anyway.
>>
>>49140394

Unless you need to go balls deep or have poor self control help me, most people typically start with one master they really like and slowly buy a couple of models to either fill out the thematic crew (Yan Lo's Ancestors, the Brilliance models for Lynch) or fill a role gap like some scheme runners or beaters if your crew box is lacking some.

What factions or masters you thinking about?
>>
>>49102434
has any one got a copy of the starter box rules. I know the rules can be downloaded, but I'm trying to find "Training Scenes" from the starter set.

I was handed a box minis from a friend who is bailing on this game, but no rules sets.
>>
Thanks all, appreciate the perspective.
>>49140511
>>49140516
Sounds like a good system. Thanks for breaking it down. For building a core for making a master work, how can that be translated to nonkill schemes. Does it then function as a tool for intimidation and controlling space or activations? Regarding counter choosing schemes and building accordingly, that sounds a bit over my head at the moment.
>>49140523
Will be starting with one to really learn the text and interactions. Also to save money.
>>49140550
I have a couple in mind, that's why I was interested in a theoretical framework for building as I haven't committed to any yet.
>>
>>49140885
While you're just starting out there are a couple of masters that are noticeably more complex to learn that you'll have a harder time starting with and I'd not recommend them.
Leviticus, Lucius, JackDaw, Brewmaster and Shenlong are the ones I can think of
Also if you're on a budget of some sort i'd stay away from summoning masters too since you won't get the most out of them unless you've got a sizable model pool
>>
>>49140885
I like to teach folks like this. While you're learning the game, do it in steps.
>Figure out what your master does and learn to build things that work...on 25SS or less.
>Figure out at least two of the strats and play until you can regularly score 3 or 4 points on them. Don't worry about the schemes.
>Add one Scheme and play until you can regularly score 5-7 points
>Add a second Scheme and play until you more often than not get 7-10 points
>Finally, by the time you're on this step, you'll know the strats well enough to be able to make a reasonable guess on what your opponent wants to do. Stop them from getting one of their objectives and try and get yours done.
>>
>>49140968
I'm not too worried about complexity, but am probably underestimating the difficulty it would present in learning. Thanks for the heads up.
My only concern with budgeting is minimizing dead buys.
>>49140998
I appreciate the shared knowledge. Can't wait to use this. Hope I can find someone to humor me.
>>
File: NdZEGKvr.jpg (80KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
NdZEGKvr.jpg
80KB, 1252x1252px
>>49140685
https://temp-share.com/f/wktjomdiqw/4523669ae2b9d0b11121b51252b3dc093a7e2f6c5858b5dabc0709faced7fef3

enjoy. i'd add it to the OP upload thing if I had access
>>
>>49141233
I wouldn't take such a drawn out approach. Just play one or two games at 35 SS, see if you feel you're lacking in areas or vastly prefer certain playstyles, and gear towards it. Try some games on Vassal if you want to just test out whatever your want before buying.

If it´s about eliminating dead buys it becomes more a matter of what faction you´re playing and seeing which are the best and which are the worst at what they do. Also, which masters, as some boxes come with great masters but shit models.

In crewbuilding, you're generally balancing between strength and outactivation/scheming. To what degree you have to be leaning towards one or the other depends heavily on the schemes. For some very casual games you can get away with using most things, including whatever comes in your master's box, but if you want to actually have a go at it you're gonna need some specific things. What you need exactly is gonna depend on your chosen faction.

Some general guidelines; At least 7 models, at least 2 models that pose a huge threat (including your master), and be aware of what strengths weaknesses strats/schemes and especially terrain give your models. There's always someone underestimating the "rules" a board/game comes with and 9/10 times it costs them.

What faction are you looking at?
>>
So doing my Oni with a starscape in mind. Which of these 3 colors do you guys like the best?
>>
File: red-oni-blue-oni.jpg (195KB, 800x439px) Image search: [Google]
red-oni-blue-oni.jpg
195KB, 800x439px
>>49141622
Who cares about the third one.
>>
>>49141622
Yellow. It seems to blend the best with the starry background.
>>
>>49141712
that's actually a very bright green if you can believe that.
>>
>>49141622
I like blue best with green second but the final choice would depend on the rest of the army

>>49141701
kek
>>
>>49141731
Huh. Seems more yellow in the picture, to me at least.
>>
>>49141750
It's green son, yo brightness set to 11?
>>
>>49141736
The rest of the army is going to be mostly white clothing with Gold trim with the occasional color to break up the "Mortals", Like my asami has a pink kimono.
>>
>>49141811
Well red and blue matches that scheme well while green pops the most compared to it.

I'd use them on different oni or even the same oni in a group to differentiate.

"Green Jorogumo had activated, Red Yokai had one wound left, Blue fighter needs soul stones badly"
>>
>>49141393
>https://temp-share.com/f/wktjomdiqw/4523669ae2b9d0b11121b51252b3dc093a7e2f6c5858b5dabc0709faced7fef3

You sir are a champ!
>>
>>49142267
Not a bad idea actually. also love the gauntlet reference, I make it all the time with Red Warrior and no one gets it.
>>
ugh one more jorogumo to go and they will all be primed coal black and ready for starscaping.
>>
Before we have to start a new thread. 10T brothers, how are they? they seem really good but I never see anyone play them around here in my meta.
>>
>>49143931
they seem amazing for their points and internet speak says they are every bit as you would think. 1-2 as runners is probably a safe bet in most crews
>>
>>49143931
I usually have to find reasons not to take 1. The second depends on schemes. They're just so cheap versatile and sturdy (for their price).
>>
>>49144122
>>49144139
so odd that I don't see them often. I'm tempted to get a box but I really only like the one with the Kamas and the Oni mask.
>>
whoever makes new thread make sure to include
>>49102517
http://imgur.com/a/vJ5g0
>>
>>49144183
the box is relatively new, so people may not have bought the models yet
>>
>>49144211
https://imgur.com/a/tjdx4
Don't forget this one.
>>
Bit of a silly question but how does everybody here transport their fucking Jorogumo/Emissary? I really feel like I have to buy a new bag just for them.
>>
>>49144293
I use standing boxes or a customized board/tray to move them. Yeah it means it's kinda dangerous in case of a spill. But it allows me to show off the models I "could" use all at once, and lets people admire my paintjobs.
>>
>>49144293
same for these retarded iron skeeters

>>49144381
new thread
>>49144381
new thread
>>
>>49139556
With either a Shenlong or Brewie crew they can reactivate nearly every turn and/or they can smack people for min 4. They are pretty great models for their cost.
>>
Is a Child good with 'On The Clock' Guild McMourning?
I had the idea of making a little surgeon assistant that Douglas has taken under his wing in lieu of the Chihuahua.
Plus I think them pulling rank on the Guild with 'On Order of the Governor’s Secretary' would help out.
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.