[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General - Bring out your rules questions edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 17

File: malifaux-header-copy.jpg (45KB, 542x323px) Image search: [Google]
malifaux-header-copy.jpg
45KB, 542x323px
Books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4- ??? plz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Thread topics:
Any rules questions for the game? Bring them out, someone else probably has the same question... or even better, an answer!

What are the odds of a new faction and maybe 1-2 units for each existing faction in the next book instead of new masters and models for existing factions?
>>
>>49046229
What kind of theme is left for malifaux? Religious cult?
>>
>>49046406
I don't see them going anywhere near religion for a good long time yet.
Too controversial.

>>49046229
>What are the odds of a new faction
Slim to nil.
The new Masters, or rather the new familiarity of the designers with how the game actually works, will already be giving them enough to think about with regards to balance and game consistency without adding a whole new Faction.

Aside from that, I fucking hope not, fuck bloat for bloat's sake.
>>
>>49045375

As a new player getting into the game?
von Schill.

As an old player looking for challenge/top-tier?
Daw.

As a more interesting fluff character?
Errr.... von Schill, narrowly, personally. Unless you're more into the mysticism shenanigans, who knows.
>>
>>49046406
The cult of december?
>>
>>49046540
what are they like in the fluff? is it just a subset of arcanist that like cold things?
>>
>>49046579
They're mountain cannibals who worship the tyrant December.
>>
>>49045375
I'm with >>49046518
Even if you are new and if RoF didn't exist, Jack Daw is going to give you a lot of depth to explore and will not disappoint in terms of viability, variety, and longevity for a first master. Who cares about characterization.
>>
Could someone repost all the imgur links for book 4? Also, we're starting a Shifting Loyalties campaign soon and I'm having trouble against Titania Theme List.

Aeslyn: 10
- Taproot
The Tooth: 7
The Claw: 7
The Thorn: 7

It doesn't have anything else. It doesn't seem to need anything else. I get sucked into melee with them (Usually across hazardous terrain), remain Slow (Because of their starting aura), and cannot Interact to remove the scheme markers they make every time they attack. I can't kill them (With Armour 1, Hard to Wound 1, 7 wounds, and Taproot), I can't Interact with them (Lacking anything with Don't Mind Me), and I can't escape them (Ridiculous ranges on their pulls and pulling you into base contact, plus many strategies requiring you to be bunched up). Suggestions, for a 10 thunders player? I get 35 soulstones to play with, have to pay for my Leader, and my Leader must be a Henchman.
>>
>>49047717
To expand on this slightly, I'll address a single uncertainty I have. Do you have to take multiple Curse of Autumn flips if you're engaged with more than one of them? The precedent is Mei Feng's 'vent steam', which gives multiple negative flips if you use it more than once per turn - It has the same name, yes, but it's not a non-numbered Condition, which is the only thing that doesn't self-stack.
>>
>>49046406
the exact wording on curse of autumn is "Enemy models that begin their activation engaged with one or more models with this ability" so it's just the one flip no matter how many you're engaged with.
>>
>>49048138
But it's multiple instances of it. Why would you not have to take one duel for each instance of it?
>>
>>49048138
Because the ability states that it applies once if you are engaged with one or more models. In general, abilities with the same name do not stack.
>>
>>49048192
where does it say that in malifaux though?
>>
>>49048192
I'm dumb, meant to post at >>49048173
>>
>>49048192
>In general, abilities with the same name do not stack.
Effects in the game generally stack unless they are a Condition without a +/- number or say otherwise (Stacking Core Rulebook, pg. 53).
Errata for Ten Thunders, #6.
>>
>>49048192
>>49048138
I'd like to make something clear. I /want/ you to be right. I very much want to not have to take three WP duels because one model passed a single duel against one of my minions. I especially don't want to do that when my opponent starts getting Sorrows hired. But I see why I may easily be wrong.
>>
>>49048243
He is right, the text on the card confirms it. Precedent rules it would stack without the text which clarifies additional instances of the aura don't cause additional flips. Would you like a picture of the wording on their cards?
>>
File: stacking.png (285KB, 607x505px) Image search: [Google]
stacking.png
285KB, 607x505px
>>49048401
that would make things a lot easier
>>
>>49046406
Personally I want to see a dective of some sort, either noire or a Sherlock Holmes rip off
>>
File: 1472432487340690533497.jpg (6MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1472432487340690533497.jpg
6MB, 5312x2988px
>>49048455
I hope this is legible.
>>
since we're sort of talking Titania is it worth taking all 3 of her minions? I've found that I really like Thorn and Tooth but Claw not so much compared to the other two
>>
>>49048598
>>49048455
I know this discussion is heading in the right direction, but it's really unnerving that people don't understand their own models with such explicit wording.
>>
Got back from the tournament today. 3rd round didn't happen and I went One win, One loss.

Fist round was Ulix vs Jacob lynch, and I lost hard mainly due to my deck going cold and staying there 90% of the game. lost 4vp to 9

Second round was better as it was Brewmaster vs Lady Justice. My opponent couldn't deal with the card drain, negatives, lures, and the threat of poison which allowed me to kill J and her judge turn 2, and proceed to use the peacekeeper to drag stuff around to murder in the open. Won 10 vp to 3.

But on the plus side I won the painting competition with my Anna lovelace (Securing the resser vote)

Not sure what I'm gonna take to the next tourney. I might run gremlins again if I happen to get So'mer, Wong and Ophilia painted up, but I also got Oni callin' my name for 10T.
>>
>>49048598
its pretty clear cut in the rule that no matter how many models with that rule they are engaged with they only have to take 1 test per activation
>>
>>49048674
Yes, that is my contention. I'm glad we agree.
>>
>>49048667

Where did you get those spirits from?

I've been looking for some base decorations for my Anna and Reva.
>>
>>49048738
Warmachine, they are 25 cents each from the cryx section
this is the original model.
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cryx/warcasters/lich-lord-asphyxious
>>
>>49048738
They look like they're from the horrorclix figure gypsy seer.
>>
>>49048783

Oh shit, I knew I recognized those from somewhere.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>49048598

Can we see the back of the card kind anon?
>>
File: 1472433602019-684889665.jpg (6MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1472433602019-684889665.jpg
6MB, 5312x2988px
>>49048818
Sorry, Wyrd wouldn't appreciate that :v)
>>
>>49048892
maybe they shouldn't have taken my money and then told me that the box i pressed purchase on was sold out :^)
>>
>>49048892
is there a reason in the fluff that there isn't a henchman themed on the fall? or is that supposed to be aeslin?
>>
>>49049000
They're all Autumn themed, they're just borrowing from the other seasons, I think.
>>
>>49048892
You rock anon
>>
File: 1472434306513420179562.jpg (6MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1472434306513420179562.jpg
6MB, 5312x2988px
>>49049000
>>49049018
Basically, it's so Titania will anyways have a guard to call on that's stronger than the basic autumn knights.
>>
>>49048892
> Guaranteed Convict Labor.jpg
>>
>>49049112

I'll always have a soft spot for fluff pieces that include adventurers fucking everything up for everyone.
>>
Is there any bad matchups for Wong?

I'm looking at the Gremlin line up and besides lack of summoning, he doesn't seem to have any weaknesses
>>
>>49049247
Motherfucker deals very poorly with Von Schill, I know that much.
>>
Thinking about an asami crew for next week.
Besides Mr. Tannen and Toshiro what else should I consider? I know I'm probably gonna play against neverborn lynch (which i need to learn how to beat better).
>>
>>49049371
Emissary, because his auras work better the more shit you have, and you're a summoner.
Rail Workers are nice - eat opponents' AP to kill them out of proportion to their cost, and if your opponent uses one kind of marker, you can make the other.
Her totem and henchman are basically mandatory.
Having an Obsidian Oni that you don't have to pay for, ready to make scrap markers as needed, is pretty nice.
>>
>>49049371
>which i need to learn how to beat better
In your opinion, are the pull my finger articles useful in that regard? What would you change about them?
>>
>>49049415
I'm not convinced her henchman works rally well with her specifically But your suggestion of rail workers is a unique one, I will probably take you up on that suggestion.

>>49049444
some articles are useful because they are well written, but in my opinion they need to be re-written for the new schemes and strats, as well as their "play against" sections need to be expanded on. Obviously you can't cover every corner case, but telling me that Lynch likes to hang out in the back 90% of the time doesn't help me deal with his crew.
>>
>>49049444

It's a good source, but it's rapidly becoming out of date.

Many of the Wave 3 stuff only has a blurb or two on there, and it'll be a while before we start seeing Wave 4 in any substantial form.
>>
>>49049524
isnt it a wiki page? does no one want to add anything to it?
>>
>>49049622
It took a fucking massive movement from A Wyrd Place, with podcasts and giveaway's involved for them to update it massively last time. which is why I think the info on the pages should oft be taken with grains of salt. Because main don't know what the FUCK they are talking about.
>>
>>49049622

A bit of what >>49049652 said compounded by many Wave 3 models just getting releases very recently.

Like I could potentially put out very base articles about some of the new stuff on there based on a reasonable level of analysis and theory crafting, but without having real playtime with the models I feel like it'd be disservice to players looking for more tested advice.
>>
https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

anyone interested in a discord server for this thread? I
>>
>>49049913
Maybe if I wasn't about to hit the hay.

what are you guys opinions on Sidir Alchibal?
>>
>>49049913
What is that?
t. Oldfag
>>
>>49049955
He looks pretty great with Nellie, lots of slow to go around for Empty the Magazine.

Other than that... he's got a decent statline and carries Promises if you're not playing McCabe.
>>
>>49050099
Referring more in 10T
>>
>>49050099
Oh and the Cherri Bomb alt. version looks really cool, but so does everything else in the Wild Ones box.
>>
>>49050222
kinda why I'm asking
>>
>>49050044
its a free voice/text chat. A few other generals around /vg/ and such have them for their generals
>>
>>49050178
He will not surprise you. If you want what he offers, he's great, no question, but if you're expecting some super secret strat, you're going to be disappointed.
>>
>>49050178
>>49050262
Haha

Not much experience with him in 10T, but my best guess is that he would carry Promises for a master like Shenlong, Mei, or Misaki in some fighty strategy where you can bring an elite crew to the objective and just park them there for a while.

Maybe something like...

Misaki + stalking + cutpurse
Yu + wandering river
Sidir + promises
Lone Swordsman + recalled training
Samurai + favor of w/e
Low River Monk + new upgrade
10T Brother
>>
>>49050491
>Low River Monk + new upgrade
That's not how that works. The upgrade may only be taken if you hire a Low River Monk, and gives an aura that grants all Low River Monks the new ability, but they can't actually use it themselves.
>>
>>49050222
I haven't opened my wild ones, is Cherri huge like him or does she just occupy a disproportionately large base?
>>
>>49050892
has same base size as him. looks really out of place so get something scenic
>>
>>49050892
she's set to be on a 40mm base, but she's about the size of Ms. Anne Thrope if you've seen one of them.
>>
>>49051021
>>49050958
Man, that's disappointing. Was hoping for a giantess.
>>
>>49051075
they should have done something in an otherwise great box
>>
>>49050958
>>49052082
I think standing in the middle of a nice, big, blast crater would look nice.
>>
>>49046406
They can finally start making more mercs for Outcasts again instead of shitty "undead that aren't Resurrectionists because reasons."
Three books into second edition and there's only three leaders in the faction I'd want to use.
>>
Does an incorporeal model count as engaged if it is in engagement range of an enemy?

Can an incorporeal model charge if engaged?
>>
>>49053904
yes, why wouldn't it.

No.
>>
>>49053941
It said something about ignoring models ect on it so just making sure. Incorporeal is not in the index of the rules so I could not find a ruling.
>>
File: 1420580503453.png (377KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1420580503453.png
377KB, 640x480px
Does armor work twice when you flip a red joker damage for the weak and the severe damage?
>>
>>49054679
It isn't. You suffer the damage at once.
>>
When is Malifaux set exactly?
Other then 'Cowboy Era' I never heard a date attached to it.
>>
>>49055101
The breach reopened in 1897, current year for malifaux is supposed to be 1901.
>>
>>49046406
Disease hasn't been covered much, a leper outcast gang might be cool.
>>
>>49055256
Hamelin covers that already.
>>
>>49055235
Thank you.

>>49046406
I'd love to see a Detective like Poirot, Holmes or Murdoch with Guild Guard and informants from the other factions or a full Scooby Doo expy crew.
>>
>>49055440
>informants from the other factions or a full Scooby Doo expy crew

This is kind of Nellie with her Embedded upgrade. I wonder which merc models best represent each member of the Scooby Doo crew.
>>
File: 20160829_071443.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160829_071443.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Even as a shitty painter, it's fun to see things almost finished. This crew was fun to paint, too, and I hate painting.
>>
>>49056026
I've seen worse. Few more highlights and some washes would make them stand out more. Atm they look like they are just based.
>>
>>49056026
The arms on the poison gamin were a pain in the ass for you too? And I'm sure it's a trick of the light, but it looks like Kudra us having a nipslip. It's interesting how you turned the magic effect from Sandeep around, like he's doing a crazy spin move
>>
>>49056113
Highlights are on the docket.

>>49057005
Models were quite easy to get together, one of the gamin was just missing an arm. I'm going to make it look like he's bleeding green goop (poison). No nip slip, sadly, just an unfortunate place for wash to pool.
>>
>>49046406
It's like to see a "Committee of Vigilance" Themed crew. Based in western citizen's action/vigilante groups.

Historically they were a response to corruption and local government's inability to police the explosive population growth of boom towns. San Francisco went from 900 to 200,000 in a few years, and soulstones would be even more of a draw then gold.

Basically a group of civic minded people, policing and lynching people without food approval. Angry mobs and "deputized" townsfolk. I think it'd make a great counterpoint to both the guild and arcanists.
>>
>>49056026
Not bad though. I like bansuva. He came out pretty well. The purple gamin are also nice. Better than the usual snot green default.
>>
>>49056113
So, not the banasuva guy, but could you explain highlighting? I recently painted up a Parker crew and want to do some work (finishing mustaches and the like) and want to learn new techniques to try.

Especially when I finally build everything on my two do list and get to painting everything.
>>
Rules question:

>I'm playing machine gun Dreamer, I shoot a model that does 4 damage to me after I damage that model
>My Waking Condition is at 3 when I fire the shot, pushing me to a 4 and summoning Chompy
>Both of those triggers state they occur "after damaging"
>Active player chooses? Or what happens first--the damage or Chompy pops out?
>>
>>49057591
The player who went first that turn handles their stuff first. And that player can then choose the order triggers happen in case multiple things apply.
>>
>>49057591
Chompy pops out after the attack is fully resolved.
>>
>>49057616
>>49057661

So that's two different answers.

Here's how I see the options:

A: When it states "After resolving damage" it is referring to the damage of the attack, not damage inflicted from triggers from the original attack. Active player chooses orders in ties--so Chompy pops out after damage is resolved, then Chompy takes 4 damage after damage is resolved (If the Dreamer player chooses that)

B. The trigger that does damage to Dreamer IS considered part of 'resolving damage' when Dreamer attacks him. So Dreamer takes the damage as part of 'resolving the damage' when he shoots the target. Then Chompy comes out.
>>
>>49057830
Iirc as the active player, you choose the order they resolve. Meaning you can gain waking before they hit you back.

But the ability that summons lord chompy doesn't have "immediately" or any wording that implies you interrupt ongoing actions. So you resolve the attack before burrying.
>>
>>49057955

Ok, thanks for the reply. To clarify though, this is where I'm getting hung up;

When "Resolving the damage"--I can't tell if that means resolving damage to the model Dreamer shot--or if the Trigger that the model does back to Dreamer is also "resolving damage".
>>
>>49058055
That depends on the wording of the two triggers. I"m not familiar with Dreamer or the abilities you mention. Could you do a quick type up?
>>
>>49058055
You first apply the effects of the damage, then you resolve triggers that happen "after damaging" ie both your trigger and his.

After the triggers resolve your remove models that were killed.
>>
>getting into Malifaux
>read up on Von Schill
>used to be government agent who then made his own base of mercenaries

I'm sure I'm not the first to think this, but does anyone know of a 32mm big boss model I can pick up?
>>
>>49058320
I can't think of any. Depending on your modeling skill, a head swap and our greenstuff would work pretty well.
>>
>>49058190
>>49058282

Ok, asked this in the Malifaux forum and got this response;

This is in the General Timing on Small Rule book, pg 51. "Whenever any Ability happens at the same time as any Triggers, the Triggers are resolved first."

So Triggers before abilities."

So Dreamer takes the damage, then Chompy comes out.
>>
>>49059213
Thanks m8!
I'll have to remember that.
>>
Speaking of Dreamer, this is the list I'm currently running;

Neverborn
50ss Crew

The Dreamer -- 3ss
+Restless Dreams - 1ss
+Tantrum - 2ss

Insidious Madness - 5ss

Insidious Madness - 5ss

Stitched Together - 6ss

Stitched Together - 6ss

Teddy - 11ss

The Illuminated - 7ss

The Illuminated - 7ss
I was debating on trying Summoning Dreamer. In general, is he considered a better build? If so-what is the build?
>>
Other than the new Fae, what would you say would be thematic to Titania? A friend and I are interested in doing purely thematic lists, rather than having, say, Shenlong working with Illuminated or Perdita with Peacekeepers.
>>
>>49060568
Waldgeists and the emissary
>>
>>49060568
Well she has a focus on forests so Waldgeists fit and Silurids work as well.

Nephilim could see her as the true queen and go work for her, though Nekima would be plotting her own rise.

Doppelganger, Insidious Madness, and maybe even Widow Weaver fit the creepy fey theme of the Willow Wisps and shadow spider thing.
>>
So, say that I am a new player who really really likes the look and theme of Lucius, but has heard nothing but bad things about how hard to learn and uncompetitive he is. I want to play the game with the end goal of running a good Lucius list; should I just start with him and build around him, or start with an easier master in one of his two factions and then segue into him?

As far as "easier masters," I like the look of Lynch (Neverborn) and Sonnia (Guild) if it helps.
>>
>>49060854
If Lucius is who you want to play you won't be doing yourself any favors learning another master first as other masters, especially the ones you listed, have very unique abilities that you wont use with Lucius.
>>
>>49060921

Not that anon but is Lucius really that bad?
>>
>>49060568
But that's not out of theme at all.
>>
>>49060854

You can win with Lucius, it's just harder than it should be. Learning with him you will definitely pick up on how vital it is to earn your VP over anything else.

Book 3 and 4 models are a big help for Lucius. Changelings, Queeg, Thralls, Allison, Terracotta Warriors are all great for him.

>>49060980
He's the worst master in the game just because somebody has to be. The power gap isn't too bad, so he's far from unplayable.
>>
>>49061075

Let's say I'm playing Dreamer and Collodi as my first two Masters. If I wanted to get a third I felt covered those Masters gaps (and it can't be Lynch or Pandora)--what do you think?
>>
>>49060980
The thing I found playing this game is that, as >>49061075
said is that no one is really unplayable. "Good masters" are considered good because they can handle a variety of schemes/strats well compared to their brethren, but play skill, good flips, and crew composition can help big time.

Play who you want to play, learn them, and prove their might! It may be an uphill battle but a lot of the 'weak' masters have seen recent support. I mean shoot, I play outcast and refuse to play Levi because I don't care for his theme/look (aside from rusty). But I still perform well in tourneys landing 3rd or fourth frequently.
>>
>>49061169
The problem with Lucius is that his niches are overshadowed by masters in the same faction. Whatever he does, others do better/at less cost. And since Wyrd is against any sort of buffing that doesnt come in the form of new models, he might become viable if every list he makes consists of the same 20-25 SS core from book 4, though even with models made to make up for his huge flaws his tricks are still underwhelming.

He can be played, but you will always be handicapping yourself when you do. There's just no scenario where he will be the best pick.
>>
>>49061123
2 supporty types who can also play aggressive. I'd recommend Lilith or Titania. Lilith is more about crazy mobility and positioning shenanigans, but she can break face when the need arises. Titania shits markers and does a good job controlling the enemy.
>>
>>49061298
>And since Wyrd is against any sort of buffing that doesnt come in the form of new models
>Hearthstone is against buffing old cards
Always convenient how the means of fixing the game to make it better is always set aside to make more money from the very game their spoiling.
>>
>>49061169
>>49061324

Thanks anons! Malifaux seems like it has a pretty comfy community (Older). I like that so far.

I'll start looking at Titania. Buddy is playing Lilith when he plays Neverborn and I'd rather keep our variety up so to speak. She releases soon yeah?
>>
>>49061075
>He's the worst master in the game just because somebody has to be.
What about Kaeris?
>>
>>49061407
leave my waifu alone.
>>
Concept:
Malifaux should move over to an official app wherein all cards (stats, fate and schemes) are available. In addition to the physical ones of course. This would allow them to update stats more easily to make masters more relevant, make tournaments go faster due to more convenient list building, lower the entry cost to new players looking to enter the game and give everybody less shit to lugg around.

I have so many fucking stat and upgrade cards at this point it's becoming bothersome. I can't imagine how much of a pain it would be if I actually played tournaments.

A large amount of players will probably want physical decks in addition to the electronic version. Especially for fate decks, which they know people don't mind owning multiple of because they are consistently releasing new ones at this point. Perhaps the fate decks could even come with a code you could validate for electronic deck skins? So there wouldn't really be a hit to profits.

Thoughts?
>>
>>49061585

They should get the same guys that did Warroom for Warmachine to do a Malifaux app.

>It was a joke

I think it's an awesome idea anon, hope they do
>>
>>49060515
Don't have any experience running Dreamer, or Neverborn in general.

Depends a bit on what resources you need to summon. If it's just cards, you'll want a max soul stone pool, some other models that help with hand manipulation, and some scheme runners, to grab objectives because you'll probably be sitting back instead of spending ap moving up the board.
>>
When will Titania release?
>>
>>49060515
I run summoning dreamer a lot. He's probably my favorite master to play. You want to be hiring the stuff that you can't just summon, also Mr Tannen is a decent addition if you're summoning since you're so reliant on masks and he can give you a bonus on them.
>>
>>49061585
I personally think they'd be better off just having the stat cards out here for free.

One of the major reasons Malifaux picked up when it first came out, was they put the 1st Ed rules manual out for free on their website.

I think a lot of gaming companies miss out on customers, because they charge for rule-sets, when they should be using free rules as a hook to get more new players and sell models.
>>
>>49061585
According the the post gencon Monday preview on the forums, there is one in the works. Probably out by the end of the year.
>>
>>49061805
Neat.
>>
>>49058320
What do you mean?
I could probably recommend some, but need a more specific request.
>>
>>49061882
Big Boss is a character from Metal Gear Solid
>>
>>49061805
That's really exciting.

>>49061795
I agree. The issue is that tournament play mandates that you have 'official' stat cards. The rule handbook should be out there free though. There's enough extra shit in the actual rulebooks to make people want to buy it. They should be looking to make money from miniatures really rather than the other stuff, that's what makes them stand out.

I think this is simply an issue of an old hobby needing to adjust it's strategy and the people in charge slowly realising that you can't sell these things the same way anymore. I really don't want Malifaux to be left behind. Luckily it seems not to be the case.
>>
>>49062049
I'm not sure an app would be easier to use.

I might just be a grognard who likes to physically check off wound boxes though.
>>
>>49062095
The option of physically do so would be available I imagine. Would be shooting themselves in the foot not to. The question is: What would be the best way to update physical stat cards, assuming they were updating stats? Printing off extra editions seems like it would be a pain for the consumer to both keep track of and own. Perhaps just let people print off their own and use them in addition to limiting when stat updates would happen to when they release a new book?
>>
>>49062095
its generally easier for army building / looking through rules since it is always going to be more organized than physical cards. if its like the war room app you can click anywhere on the card and it will show relevant rules to the model as well. Most people use the app for that and have their cards with them as well but its nice to keep it around as a backup plan in case you forget a card.

theres also the side benefits of being able to update cards with an app update and being able to release special event stat cards for campaigns and such
>>
>>49062199
I'd say just release an Errata deck. Or sell them seperately.
>>
When the hell does Titania release? I can't seem to find her on the release schedule.
>>
>>49062385
Not for a while. At best you can pick up all those spoiled masters on Black Friday.
>>
>>49060921

Who would you suggest for the same mastermind/minion boss-esque feel then?
>>
>>49062095
>>49062199
>>49062049
>>49061585
I understand why people would want an app (even I would like a searchable database with stat cards and upgrades to facilitate crew building), but I see too many negatives for tournament play. Not many want to win/lose because of a crash or power running out. It's even harder to police your opponent to ensure proper bookkeeping, they're probably going to be less willing to pass a couple hounded dollar phone around for verification, and I've had too many negative tournament experiences to want this in the mix.
>>
>>49062442
I think he means you should play Lucius if that's the master you like.

Enjoying what you're playing is more important then winning imo. And playing as an underdog makes the wins you do pull off that much more sweet.
>>
>>49062767
You bring up valid points. Seems like it would then be a problem solved allowing non-official stat-cards in tandem with the app then. Perhaps a function that allows you to print directly from the app to minimise the amount of searching for those who want the updated cards for physical play.
>>
>>49062767
Agreed. They're probably still going to require cards for tournament play.
>>
>>49062442
Zoraida. She does Obey much better than Lucius does, and her whole gimmick is masterminding shit. She's one of those 'We're all Fate's puppets, I just know about it' types.
>>
>>49062919
Granted, but Lucius has hidden snipers and his model has that genteel sense of malice that puts him way above most the other neverborn masters for style.

Not saying he's super strong, but dammit he deserves to be.
>>
>>49062949
He does exactly what he's supposed to do. What he's supposed to do isn't strong, it's stylish. If you try to make him something he isn't, you're just going to have a miserablet ime.

If you want Guild Minion Spam, go McCabe. If you want Neverborn Beaters, go Lilith. If you want The Boss/Mastermind, go Zoraida. Go Lucius if you want Lucius' style, not because you want anything mechanical.
>>
>>49048892
Scheme Markers fukken EVERRWHUR BRUH!
Jesus christ.

>>49049247
>>49049273
>bad matchups for Wong?
>von Schill
Woooooord.

>>49056026
I agree that the Poison Gamin look good in dank purp instead of looking like spiky Gremlins.
A dark green/blue/black ink or wash over Banasuva's flames would massively improve the look very easily.

>>49057190
>"Committee of Vigilance"
That could be great, actually.
What Faction do you see them in?
Outcasts seems most likely, but only because they would necessarily be not Guild-affiliated.
Then a hiring pool of basically any human, or limited to models without certain Station characteristics.
>>
>>49063104
Agreed, but how would you describe what he is and does to a new player? Because the guy's style, in my meta at least, is what draws most neverborn players to him first?
>>
>>49063219
Oh, then yeah, he's the boss, he's the mastermind, there's nobody better at it than him, don't bother looking at that ugly ol' swamp witch over there. If you're dealing with a new player, style is all - and the man has style, there's no question. Even if you lose, you're going to do it with skill and aplomb. The other masters listed are more of a good mechanical choice, to be considered once the shine has come off of Lucius and you start seeing, appropriately, the creature that hides behind the mask and coat and formality.
>>
>>49057585
Hit YouTube.
Not snarking, it's just genuinely fallign down with great tutorials on how to paint all sorts of effects, all of which will be clearer than trying to get it through text.

>>49058320
I think there's an Infinity Snake model that should do.
Well, some searching gives you a Ghulam that looks a lot like him, or a "tale of war snaker" mini that does too. Both look way too modern for Mfx though.
>>
>>49063218
Probably Outcast.

I think it'd be cool to have angry mobs at models. Sort of like hoar cats or arachnid swarms but with ht 2 humans.

Probably some henchmen/enforcers/minions based on normal professions. Like Butcher/Tanner/barkeep etc.

Maybe some sort of rabblerouser with summoning abilities, restricted to summoning from a board edge.
>>
>>49063218
>What Faction do you see them in?
Arcanist. The Arcanist's whole thing is revolutionaries and direct opposition to the Guild.
>>
>wanted to get into Malifaux two weeks ago
>still can't decide on a master

I played a couple demo games and they taught me you don't really pick a master, but a faction. Outcast and Neverborn seemed the most fun, but they also look to be the most overdone.
>>
>>49063582
They wouldn't be in direct opposition to the Guild.
They'd be like a more proactive neighborhood watch.

They might but heads with the police, but ultimately they both want law, order and justice.

Which isn't to say they couldn't be subverted by Arcanists.
>>
>>49063649
Go Outcasts, go Leviticus, and never have to worry about faction again. The man is a faction unto himself.
>>49063662
> Ultimately they both want law, order and justice.
There's a lot of friction int he Guild already - what's a little more? Make 'em Guild.
>>
>>49063649
>most fun,
What do you like about those factions?

Gremlins are the most fun in my book. But I really have a soft spot for Nico, and McMourning's antics.
>>
CampaignAnon from a few threads ago, here again. I've got a little bit of fine tuning left, and I'm not really sure which of several directions to go. Here's the core of the list:

Sensei Yu: 9
Shadow Effigy: 4
Katanaka Sniper: 7

I can't decide which 5 stone minion to go with for a second, better scheme runner:

Ten Thunders Brother: 5
or
Oiran: 5

And what to do with the last 10 points:

Dawn Serpent: 10
or
The Lone Swordsman: 8
- Wandering River Style on Yu: 2

I know my two opponents will be thematic Aeslin and thematic Dashel, with a likely Ortegas crew and Freikorps crew.
>>
>>49055440
>I'd love to see a Detective like Poirot, Holmes or Murdoch
We've already got Mercenaries, but I think a Pinkerton-esque crew could be cool too.

>>49063678
>Make 'em Guild.
I could see that. It'd make for more thematic Guild vs Guild games.

>Pedrita's got a bounty to take the suspect alive to the nearest judge
>The Committee for Vigilance has already tried the suspect, and is ready to move on to the hanging.
>>
>>49063688
I like the Outcast and Neverborn models. I want play Outcasts because then I can at some point play Tara, who is all I really want to play (but should start with). So it's either getting Schill -> Levi -> Tara, or Lillith -> Lynch -> Pandora.

I specifically really like Hoffman, but he requires so much to start with, and doesn't synergize with guild, but if so I'd go Hoffman -> Criid -> McCabe.

Sorry lots of words. I just don't want to be "another tryhard neverborn / outcast character" and be stuck with tons of mirror matches.
>>
>>49063753
Reminds me of the GI Joe CCG from wayyy back where they explained that joe vs joe fights were fluffed as training and cobra vs cobra fights were internal strife.

I do question why certain masters would ever fight one another. Like, why would Hoffman ever fight with Lady J?
>>
>>49063985
Not sure how viable it is but Schemes and stones suggests this for a cheap start for Tara. Anons can weigh in on if this is a good list.

>Quoted from Schemes and Stones
The only thing that this list is really missing is the other models that Karina can summon (Crooligans, Punk Zombies).

Herald of Obliteration (Tara Box) – $45
The Drowned (Resser Box) – $21
Johan – $11
Scion of the Void – $11
Sue – $11
>>
>>49063985
if you like tara just go for her, even if she's not the most beginner friendly.
>>
>>49063985
I don't think Tara's that popular. At least not around here.

And you could always use her to jump to ressers or guild.

>>49064006
>Like, why would Hoffman ever fight with Lady J?
Arcanist subversion?
Alternatively Doppelgangers are a thing. Maybe one's chewing through soulstones like candy to pull off a Master's whole shtick.
>>
>>49064006
>I do question why certain masters would ever fight one another. Like, why would Hoffman ever fight with Lady J?
Wasn't one of the first Neverborn established in Malifaux the doppleganger?
>>
>>49064077
>Maybe one's chewing through soulstones like candy to pull off a Master's whole shtick.
It doesn't have to do the whole schtick. It just has to do enough of it to be convincing, and then hide on the other side of the real master.
>>
>>49063747
>TTB or Oiran
Ha. Just Ha.

DS is good in some specific lists, but the Swordsman can fit in a lot of places (personally prefer graves, but). And go for Wandering River. Without it Yu loses about 60% of what makes him so good.

Though I wouldn't pick Yu as a leader to begin with. Without a 0 to copy he isn't that great. If you can get another henchmen to lead Yu will really shine.

Ototo's heal+Call of the Thunder, Toshiro's War Fan+Daiymo, Ama's Obey+Terrain... Gives him options and not a wasted 0. Or just get a different Henchman. Kang's pretty brutal against the Aeslin (perhaps too much), Sidir is quite nice and allows you to swap the Sniper a bit+healing. Ototo is always nice.

What master are you aiming for?
>>
>>49064139
> Ha. Just Ha.
Which way?
The only Henchmen I own are Toshiro, Kang, Yu, Huggy and Sidir.
I'm not currently aiming for a Master. The list's gimmick is Models Without Masters, after all. Bunch of shit thematic to 10T, but not thematic to any Master in specific. That's why I can't really use Graves, because he works with Mr. Lunch.
If I do wind up going for a Master, I'll probably grab Lynch. He doesn't need too many specific models to work with, and he can just stay in the back to create good hands.

What upgrade, if I go Kang or Sidir? Is Personal Challenge worth it? I DO want to use the Dawn Serpent sooner rather than later, but I can just make him my first purchase. He's a simple tool, but a very effective one.
>>
>>49064052
>>49064050

It's not so much the ease to entry with tara, it's more that her models don't gel well with other outcasts, while someone like Von Schill is a good jumping off point starter wise. But fuck it, I like Tara so I may just go with her anyways.
>>
So, what's the best glue? Tamiya, plastruct, testors, etc?
>>
>>49064217
Not him but Oran get a lot of shit and often ignored though I personally love them, though more than one is rarely worth it.

Though for this list a 10T Bro is so flexible as a tank and scheme runner/protector I would probably go with him.

I think Lone Sword and the upgrade are a better buy now and get the Serpent first thing next campaign week.
>>
>>49064602
Pretty much anything glue.
>>
>>49064217
TTB are pretty much in the top 3 best models in TT. Sturdy, selfreliant, versatile - everything you want, especially in small lists.

Kang doesn't need his upgrades (Misdirection is always nice) but might feel too aggressively strong against the Fae crew specifically. You can turn Sidir+Crew into absolute beasts with Promises Made though. Both don't do too much for Yu (just selfhealing). Toshiro+Summoning might be great especially in lower SS games. Huggy is always fun but I'd only take him if you're going thematic.

The problem with the Dawn Serpent is that I only really feel he's worth his stones with either McCabe or a crew full of units that keep up with him (Ama, Huggy, Misaki, etc).

But Sidir with Promises is good, you'd have to swap the Sniper with something that can take a bit of a beating (Illuminated?).

Sidir+Promises/Toshiro+Summons(If you have Komainu and Ashigaru) - 10 SS
Shadow Effigy - 4 SS
TTB - 5 SS

Then...

If Toshiro -
Yu+Wandering + TTB

If Sidir -
9 SS Henchman + Illuminated
Swordsman + Graves
Toshiro+Upgrade + Trapper (If you have him) or another TTB
>>
>>49064716
Well, I meant plastic weld variants. My experience is only with metals and there are quite a few threads on the forums about certain plastic glues not working with Wyrds blend.
>>
>>49061407
>Kaeris
>Worst Master
Is she?
From the card, she looks like she should be ok.
Is it because Burning takes too long to damage?
Or is the crew synergy not there?

>>49061585
App is coming, but I don't think Tournaments is where the improvements will come.
I prefer cards for trackability/book keeping, as another Anon said, but the app will be great for list building, referencing rules, policing your opponent (sad but true) and getting an idea of what's out there.

As for Wyrd being able to update cards centrally easily - terrible, terrible idea.
You them immediately split your playerbase into those with and without access to (or preference for) the App.

>>49062949
>Lucius has hidden snipers
How useful is that really?
I've never even seen Lucius played int he flesh, so I have no feel for him on the table.
I don't think anyone at my FLGS plays (or owns, perhaps) him.
>>
>>49064766
> Illuminated
> Sensei Yu
> Graves
The only model I'd like to have be thematic to an existing master, rather than the faction as a whole, is my Leader. I do have both ashigaru and komainu, so Toshiro is an option.
>>
>>49063539
>I think it'd be cool to have angry mobs as models.
Actually a 50mm with three raging peasants would be pretty cool.
Unfortunately, whenever I hear 'angry mobs' all I can think is AK-47s for eeeveryone.

The actual lynch-mob summoning theme might be pretty cool.
Does involve Wyrd going head-on with some pretty rough source material though.

>>49063582
>>49063662
>>49063678
I'd say Outcast specifically because it's as likely otherwise to be Arc troublemakers or Guild sycophant/vigilates - maybe have an upgrade that puts you in one or the other of those Factions for the purpose of hiring non-Mercs as Mercs.

>>49064139
>>TTB or Oiran
>Ha. Just Ha.
>>49064644
How would Oiran do in a Colette list?
Seems like the Wp buff might be decent with the Performers Lures.
>>
>>49064802
Them putting out the erratad cards in an app along with on their website is no different than just having it on their website
>>
>>49064802
>without access to (or preference for) the App.
Updated cards would still be made entirely usable and accessible online. It would just be a question of printing them off (to the degree of disposablity of your preference) if you prefer physical copies. In the ideal scenario updates would be with each main book so keeping up with what the stats are wouldn't be difficult at all. It's more than worth it if it allowed them to balance their game. You're not going to fix masters that aren't up to snuff with new minions, and if you are it's going to lock them into one kind of playstyle to be viable.
>>
>>49064819
Really limiting yourself there but...
Toshiro+Upgrade
Shadow Effigy
Shadow Emissary+General Upgrade
TTB
Trapper
?
It'd set up for the Dawn Serpent quite nicely with the +'s to all minions and Toshiro's summons, and the Trapper filling up the board and providing some decent range. You can basically treat half your crew as expendable and keep churning them out.

If you don't have the Emissary and really dont want to proxy I guess you could swap it for the Dawn serpent and the Trapper can be swapped for... Eh. I would say Chiaki/Tannen/Etc but if that's too thematic.. Bunraku? Oni? A Komainu is always decent and it nets you another SS for upgrades. Though the range support would have to come solely from DS/Emissary.
>>
>>49064802
Kaeris has a similar problem to Lucius in that there are masters in the same faction that do what she does better though not in the same combination.

Want to do lots of scheming? Collet is a better schemer. Want to do damage? Rasputina and Marcus are better at dealing lots of damage. Wat about summoning fire gamin from her upgrade? Ramos and Sandeep have summoning locked down.

However her strength is in versatility so it looks like Sandeep might be the last nail in her coffin so to speak. Though like people have said none of the masters are unplayable
>>
>>49065073
>+General Upgrade
You can only have 1 upgrade to start with in the campaign.

What I have I'd be willing to use:
3 Ten Thunders Brothers
2 Oiran
1 Performer
Shadow Emissary
Shadow Effigy
2 Katanaka Snipers
3 Tengu
1 Obsidian Oni
3 Thunder Archers
3 Samurai
1 Dawn Serpent
The Lone Swordsman

And for leaders:
Toshiro
Kang
Hungering Darkness
Sidir Alchibal
Sensei Yu
>>
>>49064983
Ever since I took one with Colette an Oiran is always considered for a pick. Disguised is great, poison on their attack can be triggered by performers, Cassandra can copy Lure and stone for the crow, the Wp boost is gravy.

The best part of lure is that you can use the 18" range and the fact that it's a move not a push to get a model to where a performer can use Siren's call.

But be warned, assassin's gift is a trap most of the time and you'd be better off with two normal attacks.
>>
>>49058320
I have a reaper (from overwatch) looking model for him myself.
>>
What are colors you don't see 10T crews painted often?
>>
>>49065144
I'd still go...
Toshiro+Summons - 10 SS
Emissary - 10 SS
Effigy - 4 SS
TTB - 5 SS
Obsidian Oni - 6 SS

Immediately get the upgrade and DS, and wreck face. Then aim for a sniper, maybe the Swordsman, and another TTB.
>>
>>49065322
I have mine a sort-of reddish dark purple with bronze weapons, don't see that much. Though then again you don't see much TT at all, so...
>>
>>49065385
Alright. Do remember that every upgrade I take is another Campaign Upgrade I can't, though. I feel like the Emissary could do well with a good melee attack like Katanas, or at least something like Snares or Dynamite.
>>
>>49065426
we have 20 players in my local area and 6 run 10T+ their faction.
>>
>>49065385
> Toshiro + Summons
> Half the models don't even drop markers when they die
>>
>>49065322
the only 10T player near me does all his stuff red
>>
>>49065322
I see red, orange, gold and green a lot.
Maybe just look at some dynasty's art work and pick the one you like most?
>>
>>49065322
I think white and gold would look pretty cool
>>
>>49065468
The Oni drop scrap markers on a trigger, TTB and Effigy can turn into Ashigaru and Komainu respectively, and you're just gonna have to assume the opponent drops something. That's two sources of scrap and a TTB+opponents to turn into corpses.

>>49065440
I'm not sure of Ml 5 is much better than Ml6, even with the 2/4/5 instead of 2/3/6. You're getting double focus anyways. If you're gonna go DS, don't want other henchmen, and you already have Toshiro, you might as well dedicate to a minion heavy crew and give +s to everything.

If you can then also get your hands on lead from the front...
>>
>>49064091
>>49064078
I mean didn't a doppelganger fight Sonnia in the third book?Or was that something else?
>>
>>49065468
>>49065629
On a built in trigger, too. You get Ca6, Rg 8, and every time you do damage you create a scrap marker. If you can't turn that into something that plays nice with Toshiro I don't know what can.
>>
>>49065583
yeah but the demons are like the biggest selection of what I've got. it's not a bad Idea and a damn sight better than the trolls trying to get me to paint ANOTHER magenta crew. Might go with a light pink on some of the kimonos though
>>
>>49064983
>rough source material though.
Does it?
Vigilante justice isn't that outside of what they've done before.
Unless you mean racially motivated lynch mobs. But you can just avoid the issue entirely by not bringing it up.

Besides, setting wise I think your more likely to get an angry mob because somebody's been stealing your family's corpses from the graveyard then because the wrong colored person kissed a white woman.
>>
>>49066101
White and gold could look really boss on some Oni.

Red and blue are classic picks to.
>>
Conversion idea have jack daw's thematic crew like fifties greasers.
>Jack's model looks to be twisting and shouting
>>
So im wanting to try and run SOMETHING so my Forever DM has a time to just play around but I am still struggling for a system and remember loving the Malifaux setting. I remember that the time I tried the RPG with my group my Forever DM didnt really do anything, when combat happened he just used what we drew. Is that actually a thing? And if so is there a way to get rid of that so the DM has more fun?
>>
>>49068557
I'm not sure what you mean here.
>>
>>49068815
It seemed like my DM didn't actually draw cards for the RPG, he just used what we drew for combat. I was wondering if that was actually a thing, and if so if there is a way to get rid of it so the DM can actually draw cards.
>>
>>49068815
>>49068876
Okay so in through the breach the GM never flips cards. It's set up so that players are the only ones flipping. It's how the game is meant to be played. I could see how some might feel it's less engaging for the GM.

Basically Through the Breach is not for GMs who like to fudge rolls in combat. Everything is out there to be seen by all.
>>
File: puzzled rubick.png (327KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
puzzled rubick.png
327KB, 1000x750px
>>49069010
Would house ruling it so the DM flips instead of using the players card break the game?
I like drawing cards/rolling dice :P
>>
>>49068373
kek
>>
>>49069073
I've only played once (think it was part of the Nythera event to decide the new governor), but I remember that we couldn't shuffle our cards and redraw til the GM touched the fate deck. Every time his hand got close, it would get really tense then he would draw his hand back just to screw with us. Very frustrating at times, but still had a lot of fun.
>>
>>49069204
My group tended to joke about it and say "Hey Anon, can you pass me the deck". And yes I did the whole reaching for it and pulling back at the last second. That shit was awesome!

Funniest part was when the party ran across some Ice Golems and were joking about spreading the deck over the communal cookie plate so they could draw cards.
>>
File: Titania & Tooth.jpg (715KB, 1239x1115px)
Titania & Tooth.jpg
715KB, 1239x1115px
slowly working my way through Titania's box, i'm a pretty slow painter but i'm happy with the progress i'm making.
I'm loving working on the knights, they're all so different and it keeps things interesting.
>>
>>49069294
a little more color on those bases would really help, like a light brown static grass. lookin really good otherwise
>>
>>49069073
Well the enemies are balanced so that some are less dangerous bu having their default card number higher or lower. So if you flipped for enemies things would get a lot more swingy.

For example if a master showed up for some reason they are assumed to flip a 14 for all duels making them impossibly tough. But is the DM flipped they might not be that much more powerful than a few fated rather than the strongest people in Malifaux.

Desperate mercenaries are the opposite and go from mooks who always flip a five to a serious threat that could do the fated in too easily.

In the end I would suggest you save flipping for key fights with moderately strong enemies. Like taking on the big bad that they are supposed to be able to take on. You could even craft those enemies a pseudo deck like the fated have and draw them a hand.
>>
Kaeris is super condition reliant, giving her some hard counters. She takes a lot of set up to do less damage than a combat oriented master, her support side is goofy as hell and requires setting fire to your own models, creating the potential for very bad things (looking at you, trixie) and in the end all you get is mediocre damage and either mediocre end of turn heals or difficult to place scheme markers.

People used to fight me when I said she was bad. I'm glad you folks got your heads out of your asses
>>
So I'm nearly done with painting my asami if you guys wanna see.
>>
>>49071140
Hate the model, but maybe having it painted may help
>>
File: asami1.jpg (25KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
asami1.jpg
25KB, 960x720px
>>49071261
probably not but maybe.

Side one: Business in front.
>>
File: asami2.jpg (41KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
asami2.jpg
41KB, 960x720px
>>49071278
side two: party in back.
>>
File: Screen.jpg (39KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screen.jpg
39KB, 960x720px
>>49071294
I also made a Screen that I think is kinda mediocre, but a buddy reminded me that it would cover up asami's back so I'm thinking I'm probably gonna use it for either Shenlong or Mr. Tannen...possibly a ten thunders brother if I can get one of the oni masked ones.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Been real busy last few days but found an hour to finish these off.

How's evergones gencon goodies going?
>>
>>49072275
Got my Nellie box primed, and the nightmare McCabe box in various stages of partial assembly since I'll probably need to paint some parts of the motor/monocycles before gluing everything together.

It's been months since I've painted anything, though, so I've got some spare rats to start with just to get a feel for things again. The Wild Ones box is kinda intimidating and it'd be a shame to fuck it up.
>>
>>49072275
I've managed to paint Victor and put together a single shield bearer... And what's worst I've decided that I should paint the second crew (Arcanists) first so I could show the game around. So yeah. They need to wait.
>>
>>49072275
Painted up my Parker box, fuck I love the models in it. Almost at the point where I don't even want to play my other crew(Jack Daw) because I'm so hyped. Gonna use Parker for the first time tomorrow, I'll come back with the results/pics of the crew(the paintjob is tabletop at best though so nothing amazing) if anyone's interested
>>
>>49073690

More content is always a nice thing.
>>
>>49063662
Guild has nothing to do with justice, and they are only interested in law and order until it ensures the undisturbed flow of soulstones. It's even stated in their fluff description.
>>
I got in a gamewith Sandeep and friends.

Corners
Guard the Stash
Convict Labor, Show of Force, Exhaust Their Forces, nuBreakthrough, nuEntourage

Sandeep w/ Commands, Arcane Reservoir, Incorporeal upgrade
Kudra w/ gamin upgrade
Joss w/ Bleeding Edge, Imbued Energies
Vidya Guard w/ Practiced Production
Spider swarm
Poison Gamin

Went up against Parker, Doc, Bracket, Alyce, Johan, 3 Bandidos

I used all my pushes and places to get my guys in. Parker and friends can push a lot too. Kudra went off to a stash marker on the left while the rest went right. I dropped a wind gamin with commands in wind to give + to attack flips and dropped Banasuva with commands in earth for 3" melee who engaged Alyce and Brackett. Parker pushed Johana and Alyce in to Banasuva and pushed Bracket out. Banasuva hit Johanna once, but Doc healed her up.

Next turn, Banasuva went first and killed Johana. Alyce went after Sandeep and arcane shield was a godsend. Kudra stole Sandeep's 6" place and charged a lone bandido, dropping him to 1 wound and poison +2. Parker pushed the bandido and Brackett, hit everybody iin the banasuva/Sandeep/Alyce fight doing minimal damage, picked up Oathkeeper and moved a bit closer. Poison gamin engaged Brackett (go 2" engage!). Brackett walked up, put out his cigar in its face and blew it away with his shotgun. Vidya guard pushed Joss with his (0) and ran out after the far right scheming bandido. Bandido ran and schemed. Sandeep slapped Alyce around with his gada, only soulstones keeping her alive, then summoned another poison gamin engaging Brackett. Doc caught up. Poison gamin stole Sandeep's push to drag Joss towards Brackett. Wind Gamin flitted over to give Joss, Sandeep, and Banasuva + attack flips. Joss charged Brackett and put him down

We played through, but after that decisive turn things were over. Kudra killed Banasuva so the explosion killed Alyce next turn. Parker was hard to put down with his pushes and tricks.
>>
>>49075987
I love the mobility Sandeep offers between pushes, places, beacon, wind gamin, and so on.

Parker looks really complex with his upgrades, but I think he'll do good work once my buddy figures him out.
>>
>>49076016
>Parker looks really complex with his upgrades
I've seen the card, and he looks pretty good but I haven't seen any of his upgrades though.

What do they do?
>>
>>49076582
I don't have him and I don't remember them all, but they generally have an effect like blowing up scheme markers, letting friendlies interact/attack, creating terrain, shooting into an engagement and hitting everybody, etc and afterward you discard the upgrade. Parker gets a free soulstone, can attach an upgrade and trigger into using the upgrade's (0) to use it and discard. He looks really neat.
>>
>>49076762
I really wish I had picked him up during gencon. Been scouring eBay but I haven't had much luck. Hopefully he'll be up during Black Friday.
>>
Off of multiple recommendations, I just bought the Hired Guns box, and now I'm looking at the stat cards and I fail to see why most of this box is worth having.

>The Friedkorpsman cost far too much to be scheme runners but don't have the strength to actually take anything out.

>Von Schill is fine, but won't be killing anything without far too much support.

This seems like a generally subpar place to start a 35 ss, am I missing something?
>>
>>49077376
Freikorpsmen are generally good minions, can beat up on other minions and can swing above their weight with that severe damage. Unimpeded helps, too.

Trappers are crazy good shooters for cheap.

Librarians have a strong Ca action, good healing, and can take Oathkeeper.

The Man himself can give all his bros pseduo hard to kill, ignores armor, and can jump around combats.

It's a bunch of just good all around models.
>>
>>49077471
And I get the he does all that, but to what end?

Sure, his units are good around him, but clumping units together essentially has you abdicating most schemes right off the bat.

This feels like a game where specialization will always trump generalization and this crew feels highly generalist.
>>
hello guys, can someone scan me new ress soulbound upgrades? another purpouse, the gift of death and my fight is not finished. thank you very much
>>
>>49077546
That was shared already:
> http://imgur.com/a/jCj7O
>>
>>49077509
That'll depend on strat and schemes. Schill isn't great in Reconnoiter/Interference, so don't pick him for that. The strength of a generalist is that you don't get countered. Bring a skew crew and you run the risk of hitting your kryptonite.

Turf War, Guard the Stash, Squatter's Rights, Reckoning, Headhunter, Collect the Bounty, Extraction are all doable with him.

For Schemes, he can facilitate Hunting Party, Mark for Death, Frame for Murder, Neutralize the Leader, Show of Force, Undercover Entourage (charging out of engagement is hilarious for surprise Entourage) and the like.

35SS isn't what the game is balanced for, and box vs box has similar issues on top of not matching in terms of total SS. Mostly look to get a feel for how the models play and how the strats and schemes work.
>>
>>49077759
>http://imgur.com/a/jCj7O
oh my, i missed those. thank you. why arent these pinned somewhere?
>>
>>49073690
always be proud of your painting senpai, everyone gets a little better with each figure. hope its a good game
>>
>>49077976
> why arent these pinned somewhere?
I don't know
Other card or scans, in case you missed them too:
10T
> http://imgur.com/a/slVI0
random scans
> http://imgur.com/a/6dWB0
Titania
> http://imgur.com/a/UCRiJ

There are other stuff, but I don't have links with me now.
>>
>>49076016
Wind gamin have quickly become my go to summon with him. Denies kill schemes, grants free pushes, very reasonable melee potential...

Sandeep and his crew can really reach out.
>>
>>49077471
Not huge on friekorpsman either, but librarians and trappers are pretty great.

They're alright, but weak damage 1, is kinda awful.

But there's great minions in Outcast you and use instead.
>>
>>49066937
I was thinking of racially motivated lynch mobs, yes, mainly because of the wild west/southern states setting.
I'm totally sold on the proper vigilante mobs though, that would be way cool.

>>49071278
Nice job, but still don't like the scalp-gob.
Just doesn't look as good as a giant distended python jaw would, I think.

>>49076016
>Parker looks really complex with his upgrades
I think he looks too complex, personally.
I know that's probably because I haven't looked at his card properly, but at the moment it seems like there's too much in the way of upgrades and markers flying around the table.

>>49077509
I can only say I think you underestimate the value of having the whole crew being that tough.
It's very unlikely that anything below a dedicated combat monster is going to one-turn any model in the crew.
Combined with the Freikorps suit, the bubble of hard to shift models is great at holding territory.
>>
>>49079532
Given the number of female masters and Ironsides, along with some of the fluff, I got the impression that the Malifaux setting is a lot more egalitarian then it's historic counterpart.

Even if you want to compare it to a contemporary south, 1907 is post civil war, and you're into more of the Jim Crow laws then lynch mobs.
>>
>>49080073
I think fantasy uses the idea that beings with talents are useful regardless of gender. Also communities which live in fear of external threats also feature more equal rights.

It turns out when you can shoot fireballs or punch through a wall against a nephelim, no one gives a shit if you are black, chinese, or a woman.
>>
>>49080115
I don't think racism is entirely out of the question, it's probably more likely to be aimed at Gremlins and Nephilim though.
>>
>>49080369
isn't that more of a species thing?
>>
>>49046406
It's kind of late to do it now, with the whole fluff for turning humans into Neverborn, but I was hoping for a Slurid/Human hybrid cult.

Sort of Shadow's over Insmouth thing.

>>49080425
In fantasy their usually called races, but species works too.
>>
>>49080756
sounds like it would be a funny version of genestealer cult. would it end up being enough for a new faction though or a couple new units that are NB that can be hired by guild lucious like zoraida with swampfiends?
>>
>>49080966
I'd go with just a new master in neverborn or outcasts. Pull slurids and maybe swamp stuff from outside the faction.

With slurids, gupps, and the spawn mother, there are already quite a few models to use.

I was thinking something darker, with more horror elements.

If you wanted to make it a more comical crew, your could have them be slurid/gremlin hybrids.
>All the raw physical strength of a gremlin
>All the mental prowess of a slurid
>>
>>49081569
>All the mental prowess of a slurid

They've become smarter, then?
>>
>>49081713
Significantly
>>
>>49082085
Mother of God
>>
File: image.jpg (968KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
968KB, 3264x2448px
Feel like these guys need something more besides the basing.. Or maybe I'm just used to brighter colors after the lightning bugs
>>
>>49082819
I agree. Maybe some rust?
Or a more vibrant green?
>>
>>49082819
Maybe not necessarily brighter, but stronger colours.
It might be the photo, but it all looks a bit dusty/muted/washed out.
>>
>>49080756
aren't those the things in The Other Side?
>>
Has stacking BĂȘte and Killjoy worked for anyone? Looks like the initial strike could handicap the opponent, but successful mitigation would leave you very vulnerable.
>>
>>49083399
Maybe. Haven't seen any other side stuff yet.
>>
>>49083538
You end up leaving one or both rather exposed to counter attack. Mite b cool
>>
>>49083538
It works well with a bunch of easy to kill stuff. The opponent has to be paranoid about killing your stuff, and not being able to deal with Killjoy and bĂȘte popping out. BĂȘte is pretty great, since a long as you can keep a 10 in hand she's unkillable. Unless you are facing Tara.
>>
>>49086004
>Unless you are facing Tara.
Or aionis
Or death Marshall recruiters
>>
>>49074635
I'll put some stuff up in a few hours then, I absolutely agree with you on more content, especially because Malifaux seems pretty light on content online
>>49078242
You have a point, thank you! I'll post up some pics tonight when I get home from the FLGS
>>
>>49079532
Yeah I'll agree with you there, but they certainly could have done worse for a Futakuchi-onna.
>>
I want to play a disruption/tanky (yea, I know) Leveticus, hopefully keeping him up with Survivalist, Brutal/Shadow Effigy, irritating with potential 4 Unmade damage, and maybe providing some draws/summons.
Would this be unviable and a complete waste of time?
>>
>>49088011
>Levi
>Survivalist

The plan seems dubious
>>
>>49088535
My reasoning is if he's trying to attract attention and injure opposing models, HTK offering 2-4 damage through Unmade could scare off retaliation by risk of death.
I've seen people make some unique builds, even abandoning Waifs as totems. Though they've all basically been suboptimal, I'm wondering if this is so garbage it wouldn't even stand a chance (or be fun)
>>
Slowing down post gencon?
>>
>>49090082
threads still seem to move every day or so
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>49082924
Last gremlin model to paint is done: now to base them all :^)
>>
>>49083538

Probably not worth it.

The SS cost of both is pretty high, and if you pop out both you leave one of them vulnerable to attacks without getting in a swing.
>>
>>49092660
If you have a master that can easily dictate when and where the come out (tara, molly, kirai, and reva) they can be worth the gambit in some situations.
>>
>>49093882
>tara, molly, kirai, and reva

...and Marcus and Hamelin. Really any Arcanist or Outcast master with Myranda or Nix, but they do it best.
>>
>>49094142
They can't take bete so they can't pull off the double whammy.
>>
>>49094231
Well I guess with Miranda it would be a whammy and a half.
>>
>>49094231
Bone Levi can still do it!

Killjoy + Bete + Nix + Infectious Melodies + some minion to sacrifice is a whole ton of points, though.
>>
>>49094313
Bete needs a model killed, not sacrificed to come out.
>>
>>49092660
Out activating makes it easier.

>>49094330
Once Killjoy pops out, the chances something will be killed increases dramatically.
>>
>>49093882
>>49092660
>>49095372
I'm not having a problem reliably killing/sacing my own minion for the pop, it's making sure they don't get neutered before the onslaught.
Outactivating is a bit difficult for me with both Killjoy and BĂȘte, but that would be the best path. Maybe it's just better to take one or the other.
>>
>>49097765
Six Terror Tots, Killjoy and Bete?
Nine should be more than eough activations.
>>
>>49098619
How are you getting Bete in the same list with terror tots?
>>
>>49098885
I assumed she was Nvb, off the top of my head.
Apparently not.
>>
>>49046479
>Aside from that, I fucking hope not, fuck bloat for bloat's sake.
Agreed. I was kind of unhappy that the 10T even got to be their own faction.

When things started out there were 4 factions and 1 group of oddballs who didn't fit. Now there are 7.
>>
>>49098885
>>49099053
Bete Killjoy and 5+ canine remains would work pretty well too.
>>
>>49099242
Yeah, there we go.
If all you need is activation control and an Alpha Prime strike, that'll do.

I figure if you're taking Killjoy and Bete, you've already chosen not to challenge on schemes (except by killing the scorers).
>>
>>49099708
Canines can do a pretty good job of being scheme runners. They're cheap and pretty fast.

But yeah, if you've already sunk 20pts into Bete and Killjoy, you're pretty commited to dealing with your opponent directly.
>>
>>49099242
>>49099708
>>49099761
I had not even considered Canine Remains, thanks.
I was hoping to engage activated enemies late in the turn to eliminate key pieces or force them to deal with the blitzkrieg while my low-cost models scheme hopefully mostly unhindered.
>>
>>49100019
It has the added bonus of making them hesitate to kill your scheme runners. If they don't commit enough, whatever the send will get wrecked by Killjoy and or Bete

What master do you run, btw?
>>
>>49100019
Canine remains are the Kiria bomb patsy.
Run on up the summon a hanged or shikome off of it. It takes 4 damage, killing it and pooping out bete and killjoy, then you can accomplice into killjoy to charge into the most threatening target.
>>
>>49100420
>Run on up the summon
Run one* up then* summon
>>
>>49100420
God help you if somebody attacks one of them, because then Ikiryo is suddenly up their ass.
>>
>>49100420
>Run on up then summon
I wish...
>>49100223
Leveticus, but it seems I play him in the most retarded way possible. I just scheme run, annoy minions, and try to draw cards/Blessings of the Unmade with him.
>>
>>49100861
Shouldn't have any problems killing off canines then.

Might be harder to get the hollow waifs to work, with a bunch of low costs minions, for out activating.
>>
>>49101065
My delivery system right now are Hog Whisperers.
I'm not saying any of this has worked well, it's just what I do: Whatever flank is targeted, I usually try to pincer it with Killjoys/BĂȘtes assault and Leveticus scheming toward them. I try to keep Waifs close, but positioned in such a way to increase likelihood of an attacker being within 6" of Leveticus. Don't really Sanguine as I'm trying to Rebirth for cards and I don't care much if they die since I can usually score an Abomination with proper terrain or sac them anyway for movement.
>>
>>49101185
Why Hog Whisperers?
>>
>>49101372
6 actions with reckless+reactivate and suicide/burst damage through dumb luck.
>>
>>49101445
Hog whisperers don't do burst damage though. And can only hand reactivate out to pigs.
>>
>>49101613
Dumb Luck seems like burst to me and Emissary hands out reactivate.
>>
How are you getting Hog Whisperers in a Leviticus crew?
>>
>>49101680
They are mercs
>>
>>49101680
They have mercenary, for some reason.

They're pretty pig-centric though, so nobody uses them. To be honest, they don't see a whole lot of use in Gremlins, let alone outside of it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-01-19-59-08.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-01-19-59-08.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>49101680
They are mercenaries
>>
>>49101723
>>49101740
I like them as they offer 25"-28" threat range by themselves and can pretty reliability kill themselves while dealing a nice hit.
>>
>>49101740
should be interesting to see if they get even less play now that you can just give anything pork whisperin
>>
>>49101185
>>49101445
>>49101807
Lol, now that we've established my reading comprehension is of at least a fifth grade level, any constructive criticism?
>>
>>49101812
I was thinking they might see a bit more play since the could hand out reactivate to the werepigs.

>>49101807
Seems like you could get the same thing out of a dog or Ronin for cheaper.

Sepuko has the bonus of giving you soul stones back, even if it doesn't trigger Bete.
>>
Speaking of list Critisism. I've been thinking about this list:

Nico+ Maniacal Laughter+Undertaker
Vulture
Carrion Emissary+ Nico's upgrade
Mortimer + Shovel + Corpse Bloat
Rakfin
Forgotten Marshal

Sort of a goofy idea, but I thought it'd be cool to crate a Mindless Zombie swarm.

With the Emissary and Rafkin's aura, they cold potentially be hitting at MI 6, and with min damage 2 with on poisoned models. +1 damage if it's something Forgotten has punched. + To the twist close to Nico.

Summoning a couple dogs, I want to turn Mindless Zombies into melee monsters. lol
>>
>>49101987
Finding a way for a BĂȘte/Killjoy tagteam to work was the reason I was trying to stay kill.
However, they only have 2 actions, a max threat range of 16", and are Ht 2 (which could be a liability if I have to wait between activations. Whisperers only cost 6, same as Ronin, and the extra action/+2 inches on charge really help in getting to the weak spots.
>>
Beginner here, I asked about playing a Lucius-led Neverborn gang a couple of threads back. After reading the rules I've tried to grasp the basics of the tactics and strategy of Malifaux. Trying to balance my miniature preferences and at least some level of playability I just finished building my first 50ss gang.

-Lucius, Surprisingly loyal, Legalese
-Candy, Best Behaviour, Useless Duplications
-Doppelganger
-2x Guild Lawyer
-Stitched Together
-3x Changeling

What do you think? Do I have a chance or will my mates just easily steamroll over this list? Have I forgot something crucial? Like I said, these are my first steps in the game, just finished reading the rules, probably misunderstood something. There's lots of room for change, the Changelings (or some of them) could be exhanged for something with a bit more killing power, but I also like their creepy, stalky way of moving and attacking.
>>
>>49102264
candy is a trap in a Lucius list.
If you wanna give your opponent a rough time drop her and either take another stitched together, or find points to take a Lazarus or Hans. All the Changlings and the Dopple being able to fire those guns is sure to be annoying as fuck.
>>
>>49102336
just a heads up, since Lucius is part guild you can't hire Lazarus
>>
>>49102362
Booo I forgot about that.
Go with Hans or another stitched them (or astringer, you can take them can't you?)
>>
>>49102264
>>49102336
Lucius needs to walk to his minion for his abilities, give him the flight upgrade.
Get Trappers, Envy, w.e attacks with auto + for Changelings to copy. You probably want to proxy a bunch of RoF models as what's when he gets good.
>>
>>49102197
Could a swore Ronin were a point cheaper, since you don't have to go out of faction, (and cheaper still once they self sac).

Unless you're dead set on getting them both out at the same time, I'd use Killjoy offensively when you can self sac, and Bete defensively when they kill your stuff. Or potentially use Bete offensively when Killjoy murders something.

>>49102264
What the other anon said. You'll want something with a nice offensive power to copy.
>>
>>49102434
new thread
>>49102434
new thread
>>49102434
new thread
>>
Thank you once again for the tips!

>>49102336
What do you mean by 'trap'? I thought that Candy's healing ability works well with Lucius' Devil's Deal, and could even help with Stitched Together's failed Gambles. Plus she brings 4ss to the cache (if i understood correctly..). Is she just overpriced or too squishy?
Okay, I hadn't noticed Hans before and...damn, yeah, he would seem to work pretty, pretty great with the copying abilities. Probably going to try to make Candy work for a start, and if/when I get sick of losing I'll switch to Hans.

>>49102408
On Wings of Darkness is a really good idea, gonna squeeze a point somewhere to fit that in.

Overall I'm still rather reserved towards mercenaries, since I'd much rather use the 'proper' units available to a particular faction. I really didn't want to use any guild units either, but the lawyer models are just too cool, and hey, I get to use motherfucking lawyers in a fantasy tabletop game. But having said that, some wicked shooting attack for my Neverborn units to copy seems a pretty good trick to use, so my final opinions will probably form after a few games.
>>
>>49101740
I think they're mercs for Marcus, most of the pigs are beasts right?
>>
>>49102928
>Plus she brings 4ss to the cache (if i understood correctly..)
the cache is there if you take her in a smaller game leading your crew
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.