[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 41

File: qCm5jr4.jpg (125KB, 599x999px) Image search: [Google]
qCm5jr4.jpg
125KB, 599x999px
Previous Thread: >>48994455
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
http://theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510
>poorfags
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing

>Demon
https://mega.nz/#F!3ElwBRpK!pC3J0VfZr2wnUSCuRcDj_w

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/jumping-to-mars-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Tell me about the worst game you ever played.
>>
>>49023048
>Question
It's hard to pick one because they were all bad.
>>
>>49023048
>worst gane you've ever played

It's so hard to choose, anon!

>player murders an NPC in the open because he ran out of questions to ask him
>player made a gay prostitute who hit on everyone instead of followingbthe plot
>player shows up to my "gritty, low-powered hunter game" with a silver-haired ghoul on the run from her infernal masters

I have had some shit luck. All three if these were different people, by the way.
>>
Anyone know a Discord bot that can handle CofD/NWoD dice?

Better than just rolling them and handling them yourself, that is.
>>
>>49023159

I have a laptop now, but my constant typos are a result of being on my tablet.
>>
I'm a forever ST with a crippling sense of perfectionism. All my games are my worst games.
>>
Do Knowing and Unveiling spells require you to touch the target, if you don't spend Reach? I mean, if Seymour the Guardian is sitting at an airport and reading people at the check-in, does he cast on himself to get the proper magic senses (no Reach), or on others to download the knowledge of them (+1 Reach)? Does it vary between different spells?
>>
>>49023528
No, if you want to know something about someone else you need to touch them or Reach to them
>>
>>49023574
I am asking because I've been reading through homebrew Legacies, and if what you're saying is true it drastically limits what 1st Attainments they can have. Are you sure Unveiling spells need Reach? If a Mage wants to see a Ghost they can't target it before they see it, and that would mean they cast on themselves... Where did you get your info?
>>
>>49023685
Seeing stuff needs no reach because you're casting it on your own eyes, extracting information from someone's brain besides your own requires touch or Reach
>>
>>49023685
>cont.
I mean 11th Question Attainments use Reach for Sensory casting, but their targets don't have to be present on the scene, so that could be seen either way.
>>
>>49023693
So, let's say Soul Marks and Interconnections require Reach, unless the Mage aims them by making finger guns and getting everyone uncomfortable?
>>
>>49023048
>Tell me about the worst game you ever played.
probably mage
the plot went over good
it was just boring
>>
Mesopotamianon here!
Was Gilgamesh a witch? Was Enkidu a Werewolf? What game line do you dudes think would work best for games in this era?
>>
>>49024285

Don't know if you say last thread, but Werewolf had a Sumerian setting in 1e that had them as the openly-ruling divine royalty of a city-state.
>>
>>49024304
Ah, yeah I did see that! Does it talk about the other game lines?
>>
WoD, fond memories.A great introductory tool I would say for this, at least in NWoD, is Hunter: The Vigil.
>>
File: 16.png (289KB, 611x869px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
289KB, 611x869px
Semi-regular reminder that Forgotten is best Threshold

>PtC2e is out

When did this happen? Is it any good? Promethean is my favorite game line to read about and pretend I'll ever play a game
>>
>>49024756

Pretty dramatic improvement over Promethean 1e in almost every respect, unless you're allergic to weird pronouns.
>>
Has there ever been a campaign where all the books were put into one? Every players plays one rulebook to take down a greater being ala Avengers style?
>>
>>49024756
its not technically out it's stil in advance copy form
they're collecting errata before its put out on pOD

you can get the pdf now
>>
>>49024855
Beast
>>
>>49024756

Hey, it's the one other person who's played Geist!

PtC 2ehas been out for around a month now and is fantastic. It's much more playable, basically, and while I was perfectly happy with 1e it's now something that a group may actually try out.
>>
File: 12.png (934KB, 1239x1557px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
934KB, 1239x1557px
>>49024796
I read someone's review and it seems the Atom prommies are out. Although Disquiet/related affects have been a bit weakened so that's not all bad; I can't imagine it'd be hard to just translate Nuclear bad boys over to 2e.

I don't care about pronouns at all because I'm a stable individual that won't get triggered by someone's preference.

How are the new Transmutations? Do Promethean mesh well with the current WoD in regards to other splats?

Are they still sleeper OP in splat v splat internet debates?
>>
>>49024855

You're describing Monte Cook's World of Darkness, which was fucking awful.

These are personal horror games. Why would you look at that and think "superhero team-up?"
>>
>>49024878
I'll have to look through the pdf dumps for that I gues.
>>
>>49024901
They aren't "out", so much as just not in the core book.
>>
>>49024855
I checked the records, no it's never been done, ever.
>>
>>49024906
Superhero team-up was the wrong way of putting it. I was just wondering if there would be a big enough force for characters from various factions would work together to put an end to it, or seal it, or whatever.

But if it's been tried and it's awful, there's no real reason to pursue it.
>>
>>49021455
Are you completely retarded or just faking it?

Can't you understand it isn't willing misinterpretation, its just reading things as they are?

And it's cool that you can use wikipedia, as a second step you could also try to learn reading.
Heracles was given shirt dipped in Nessus' blood by his last wife whose name was Deianira, Megara was his first wife. I already wrote in my previous post that he killed his family before.
>>
>>49024937
>I was just wondering if there would be a big enough force for characters from various factions would work together to put an end to it, or seal it, or whatever.
yes often
>>
File: 003.png (1MB, 1280x1693px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
1MB, 1280x1693px
>>49024918
As far as I understand though there's still synthetic/AI Promethean as well as Disaster Promethean in the corebook.

I think I'll buy the PDF and think of a neat Unfleshed character. Maybe based on a Malware or something. Who knows, but my day suddenly just got fifty times better.

Techno-Pinocchio soon my friends. His name will be Mal.
>>
DaveB, what would be the color you would associate the Deviant line with? Vampire's Red, Werewolf's Brown, Mage is cyan? Promethean is white, Changeling is Green, Hunter is turquoise, Geist is Blue, Mummy is Gold, Demon is dark grey/violet and Beast is purple. Not sure what White Wolf's policy colors overlapping.

I'd Imagine a Hulk Green or maybe orange or yellow for hazmat/nuclear vibe? Or possibly even a Chrome/Silver book for slickness and things that fall under cyborgs in there. Maybe a flesh pink color for Cronenburg bodyhorror themes?
>>
>>49025040
Do cyborgs fall under horror?
>>
>>49024901
You can very easily implement the Zeky as a particular subgroup of Extempore. The Extempore are not a lineage, of course, but this doesn't mean that similar Extempore can't have been created under similar circumstances. It should be fairly doable to port their traits over (save for the absolutely ridiculous condition that forced them to take damage just before reaching the New Dawn).
>>
>>49025040
I like flesh pink. The question is, however, IF that Alien: The Probing gameline that some folks have been clamoring over ever gets released, what would be its color?
>>
>>49024285
They were exalted.
>>
File: Tito Rogar.jpg (445KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Tito Rogar.jpg
445KB, 1024x1448px
>>49024887

Hey, I also played Geist! As pic related!

>>49024901

I think it was mentioned that they might be coming in a supplement book or featured in an antagonist book or something like that.

>>49025063

I'd say so, they are one of the listed options for Deviant as well.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>49025088
Neon green, obviously
>>
>>49025088
I'd imagine Alien: The Truth is Out There would probably be a dark green or silver with neon/laser green lettering so of like how Geist is dark blue with ghostly light blue lettering.
>>
>>49024855
They are working on a crossover book, though.
>>
>>49024958
>Are you completely retarded or just faking it?
It's Aspel, we all know the answer to that one.
>>
File: 00.jpg (166KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
166KB, 800x1131px
>>49025132
Tell me about your Bound right now god dammit
>>
>>49025202
Geist, currently, sounds like the most interesting to me. Is it a first-time friendly enough game to get into?
>>
>>49024887
I ran Geist and played as a Sin-eater in a crossover, Jakki.

>>49024958
When several people repeatedly say something that is clearly not indicated, yes, that is willfully misinterpreting it. In fact, that was kind of my point; that because of the three factors I listed, people were more likely to buy into the groupthinky mentality that SomethingAwful had (still has) about how Beast was bad and Heroes were clearly good despite everything said about Heroes being that they were shitty people.

And yes, it is so cool that I can cite Wikipedia to point out facts, but you're also right, I was completely wrong about *which* wife Hercules killed and which one he raped.
My bad.
>>
>>49025040
>Promethean is white
What? It's purple. Demon's is blue. Mage's is blue. Most of them are various shades of blue.

>>49025249
Unfortunately not really. It was at the tail end of things for the Original White Wolf, and sort of loses out on a lot. It was also edited by a shitty website. It's not a first time game, and it would probably give you poor ideas of what WoD is like. It IS getting a remake, but I wouldn't expect to see that until 2018.
>>
>>49025249
In the broad sense of the word no not really but I'm pretty sure you can make it work if you try anyway. You only live once, yeah?
>>
>>49025455
>>49025249
When I played it, we basically just ignored the Manifestations and played a bunch of ghost helping teenagers.
>>
>>49025484
Edgy Ghost Writer?
>>
What the weirdest mortal character you've ever seen? Like before they get a supernatural splat.

Mine was when someone played more or less Casey Jones from TMNT. He probably had the most interesting pre-werewolf life, he fought a super villain drug dealer while the rest were living normal lives.
>>
>>49025594
>fought a super villain drug dealer while the rest were living normal lives.
Damn. Our ST doesn't even let us put any of our stats above 3.
>>
File: Tito & Robin.jpg (167KB, 800x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Tito & Robin.jpg
167KB, 800x1018px
>>49025202
An eccentric and flamboyant street performing magician that was a bit of a pyromaniac that couldn't get his pet tiger to jump through a hoop of fire. His little DYI wrist flamethrowers he built (To "magically shooting fire from his hands") snagged on his poofy silk sleeves and burned him to death. His death attracted a fiery geist that made the bargain with him. He woke up in a morgue about a week later and soon saw that the trending subject on youtube was "Street Performer burns himself to death" and everyone thought he was publicly dead, so he kind of just devoted his second chance at life living under the most 80s false name I could think of, Tito Rogar. He basically ran around thinking he was a superhero and most serious people wouldn't obviously wouldn't put up with his larger than life antics. Overall was a fun character to play and look back on. He even eventually found a sidekick/partner that became his wife, after of joking of saying he wanted his own Robin (Her name was Robin for irony).
>>
>>49025822
How did a street magician have a pet tiger? Or was that a metaphor?

>Not saying your death was your greatest trick
>>
>>49025866
first think I wondered too
presumably he just did
>>
>>49025822
Did I miss the section where Geist characters get sweet masks?
>>
>>49025949
It's because they're wannabe superheroes, presumably.

My WoD superhero had a similar mask, though his was an owl.
>>
>>49025249

It was my first game but it's not very good. I usually suggest folks start with Hunter or Vampire.
>>
File: Tito Rogar transparent.png (686KB, 784x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Tito Rogar transparent.png
686KB, 784x1100px
>>49025249
Well my first WoD/CofD was playing my Sin-Eater, as fun as it was admittedly I had absolutely no idea what any of the rules for them were at the time and neither did the DM. A second edition is coming, but apparently it's going to be quite different mechanically.

>>49025396
Going by book cover, Promethean's is like white with light purple around it. Beast is full purple.

>>49025866
Well he was originally supposed to be a parody of Chris Angel, David Blaine and of course Sigfried & Roy for the Tiger's sake. But basically he was Charlie Day for all intents and purposes. He did say that death was his greatest trick to someone who recognized him after the fact.

>>49025949
The DM and I misinterpreted a Geist's deathmask as something literally, that and he did a houserule of my Geist manifesting a mask for my Sin-Eater for appeasing it enough to give him bonuses. It did have quite a bit of charm to it. Hell, maybe Geist 2e will throw in something like that.
>>
>>49026044
Your character art and the art for what I assume is the drowned are really well done.

That being said, I need to find a group willing to do WoD games. It doesn't seem as popular in the LFG threads around the internet.
>>
>>49026044
>Going by book cover, Promethean's is like white with light purple around it. Beast is full purple.
The actual font and border colours are purple in Promethean.

Also, a Deathmask IS an actual mask (or other clothing; mine was a big witch hat with a face, like the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter), but it's not actually of YOUR Geist. It's more of a "defeat an enemy Geist and take their mask" sort of thing. It's the corpse of a Geist.

Deathmasks are one of the things I really hope 2e fixes. There's so many aspects of them that are dumb and barely there. Like most of Geist. What happens if I'm Psyche 1 but try to carry more a Deathmask?
>>
>>49026157

The main thing I care about in Geist 2e is expanding on Sin-Eater culture. Are there krewes that everybody knows, whether still out there or as urban legends? How does the Twilight Network actually manifest beyond just a bunch of undead people on Facebook? Were the various Orphic/Cthonic mystery cults of Greece secretly krewes? I need meaty stuff like that.
>>
>>49026307
I hate the krewe tier system and it didn't really even work.
>>
File: Tito Stencil.png (116KB, 688x965px) Image search: [Google]
Tito Stencil.png
116KB, 688x965px
>>49026157
Fair enough, but also yes, that was along the lines of what I meant on deathmasks being misinterpreted while we were playing the game.

Deathmasks would make for an interesting badge/gauge of synergy bond and status symbol that the 1e book seems to hold as a societal thing amongst sin-eaters. I think it would probably be far better a status symbol to hold personal strengths and bonds as a wearable symbols to awe others rather than the corpses and leftovers of other geists, ghosts and spirits. Kinda just makes me imagine it would make other Sin-Eaters uneasy since someone wearing corpses and leftovers would just as easily target themselves next.

Hell, make that an antagonist group for normal Sin-Eaters. Crazy Sin-Eaters that go into their cult beliefs from krewe making that go around to rope other people into their beliefs or they'll threaten to consume your Geist and put it in their trophy collection with the others, or use it to feed their krewe's power.
>>
>>49026336
>Hell, make that an antagonist group for normal Sin-Eaters. Crazy Sin-Eaters that go into their cult beliefs from krewe making that go around to rope other people into their beliefs or they'll threaten to consume your Geist and put it in their trophy collection with the others, or use it to feed their krewe's power.
That's pretty metal.
>>
>>49026307
They should rework the Krewe stuff a bit, maybe even incorporate stuff from Vampire.

Normal Krewes being beneficial to everyone within it and making for some complimentary powers, maybe sort of like how Beasts can buff other supernaturals.

Then there's Sin-Eaters/Geists that basically cannibalize/diablerize other geists, ghosts and spirits that go crazy from their Krewe bonds and become the infamous cult gangs that are likened to 1e's interpretation of them. They create great imbalance in the ghostly force for their own power trips.
>>
>>49026307
Abmortals are a simple but brilliant idea, and should be better integrated into the game.
>>
>>49026666
Signed.

I also kind of hope that they have some of the same ideas I did, like Synergy being treated like Harmony, and going to 10 too much means losing your Geist while being 0 means losing yourself.
>>
File: reaction_laughing_don_draper.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
reaction_laughing_don_draper.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>49025356
>And yes, it is so cool that I can cite Wikipedia to point out facts, but you're also right, I was completely wrong about *which* wife Hercules killed and which one he raped.
>and which one he raped

>be quite well versed in Greek mythology
>not having knowledge of Heracles raping any of his wives
>open wiki
>Heracles
>ctrl+f rape
>mfw
>Aspel is idiot
>Q.E.D.

Now when know for sure that you have reading comprehension of monkey, it's not only quite obvious that majority of people would have different opinion from you on interpretation of various texts including Beast but also who is more likely to be right.
>>
>>49026666

I could see 2e Abmortals being a stealth Immortals update.
>>
>>49027023
>In another version of her tale, Deianira is instead the daughter of Dexamenus, king of Olenus. Heracles rapes her and promises to come back and marry her. While he is away, the centaur Eurytion appears, demanding her as his wife. Her father, being afraid, agrees. Heracles returns before the marriage and slays the centaur, claiming his bride.[9]
I actually just googled Deianira when you mentioned her, and figured I'd throw that in sarcastically.
I'll admit it's not the more common version of the story, but I was intentionally going with that one because it's clearly closer to the version Beast wants to tell, and I just wanted to piss you off (mostly the latter, I'll admit)
>>
>>49025356
>something that is clearly not indicated

Maybe you should stop willfully misinterpreting.
>>
File: 397.jpg (1MB, 680x1671px) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
1MB, 680x1671px
>>49027194
>>
>tfw my Mage game is basically confirmed for dead, now

>We had 2 full stories and half of a third across 8 sessions
>The characters started out barely knowing each other, having met each other within the past month and been encouraged to form a Cabal by their mentors, but purposefully kept from joining the Consilium just yet
>First story was about a not-Promethean(didn't have 2e rules yet, so I statted him as a Horror, but he was intended to be an Unfleshed) who got sent back in time to kill a little kid that his creator believed ruined his life. They melted his joints together and then disassembled him.
>Second story was about a not-Werewolf(A Gulmoth that impersonated a Werewolf, and had the players fooled until the Acanthus used Postcognition to watch the Gulmoth enter the first mass murder scene it left behind and tear people apart in a relatively human, but still monstrous form. They trapped him in a restaurant with the help of the Acanthus's mentor, then obliterated him after exploiting some info they dug up to make sure he couldn't just discorporate and reform.
>Third story wasn't intended to be a story at all; I did a short time skip and ended it with the Acanthus spotting some nimbus traces in the area of an old building with a Hallow in it, that they were planning to purchase and turn into the Cabal's sanctum
>Lots of postcognition and Focused Mage Sight from everyone ensued, with them realizing the house had a Shadowed Door on one floor, and the last session ending with them finding an Avernian Gate in the basement.
>The Door was going to lead into an extra room that had a few low-dot artifacts in it, but there was no Thyrsus so they couldn't open it without finding the Key, which was buried half-way across town
>The Gate was going to lead into a large tunnel filled with old boxes and crates that had been emptied out by a past resident, and the Moros only had 1 dot in Death so they(probably)wouldn't be able to get in
>>
>>49027540
>>so they(probably)wouldn't be able to get in
>Without waiting until after the Caucus the Acanthus's mentor had invited them to, 2 days later, after which their competition for the house would also be back, because the Key was being kept in the communal Consilium Sanctum. Crates would all be empty, but there would be a strong, crazy Ghost inside, who'd busted in the Underworld-side entrance that lead out into the rest of the Depths

RIP
>>
>>49027407
"Hereos are jackasses who do bad things"
>Oh my god why do you hate firemen!

You're right. People weren't at all willfully misinterpreting anything.
>>
I figure I might as well post what we currently know of Geist 2e at the moment, by what was posted by the developer on the OPP forums:

Post #1:

>Anyhoo, Geist spoilers, eh? Hmmm... well, for now, I'll just say this: It's still fundamentally the same game about people who have died and come back thanks to the intervention of a spooky ghost-thing... but aside from that it's probably going to see the most mechanical differences compared to its first edition of any CofD game so far.

>If I had to pick two inspirational media that really nail the tone we're going for with Geist, it would be Mama and ParaNorman. Make of that what you will.

Post #2:

>(Another forum member's post): Well, I liked both of those. Will it still be relatively upbeat compared to the rest of the ChroD.

>Depends on what you mean by "upbeat." Certainly the celebration of existence is still a key part of the game, but it is also a horror game, even if that horror is less internal than in games like Vampire.

>I would say rather that it is hopeful. Every ghost story is, at its core, a tragedy--someone died, and they left something terribly important unfinished. Injustices were done and never righted. Lovers torn from one another, grand dreams thrown into the dark below to be forgotten.

>Geist is a game about looking at that state of affairs and saying "No." And then being able to back that up with action.

Post #3:

>Well, since the 2nd Edition ephemeral entities rules co-opted the term "Manifestation," bare minimum you can expect them to be called something different.
>>
>Scion Kickstarter planned for "late August"
>August has less than a week left in it

fuck

who /scion/ here
>>
>>49027716
You could just, like, link the thread.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/geist-the-sin-eaters/399463-will-geist-get-the-2e-treatment/page12#post958121
>>
QUICK

WHICH DISNEY MOVIE LINES UP TO EACH GAMELINE
>>
>>49027813

I basically played Scar from The Lion King in a Changeling chronicle once?
>>
>>49027786
I am. Aztec Blood rituals are the shit. Hoping for more gods to play with.
>>
>>49027813
>>49027889
I think the Little Mermaid works best with changeling. You know, for super obvious reasons.
>>
>>49027791

>Implying anyone ever reads anything in a link
>>
>>49027891

From the forum thread:

>I'll take it a step further and give you the playtest motifs, or how other Purviews' free-form magic is worked through the cultural lens of the PSP.
>Teotl: Nextlahualli
>Offerings of flowers, food, effigies, and blood empower the gods to sustain the World with miracles.
>>
>>49027953
Can you link me to that?
>>
File: free-shrugs.jpg (50KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free-shrugs.jpg
50KB, 449x642px
>>49027946
And nobody believes random shit you greentext without a source.

Why not both?
>>
>>49027995

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/scion/518351-ask-neall?p=956286#post956286
>>
>>49027716
>>Well, since the 2nd Edition ephemeral entities rules co-opted the term "Manifestation," bare minimum you can expect them to be called something different.
Technically "Manifestation" was already a 1e term, which is why that term was dumb in Geist.

> Every ghost story is, at its core, a tragedy--someone died, and they left something terribly important unfinished. Injustices were done and never righted. Lovers torn from one another, grand dreams thrown into the dark below to be forgotten.
>Geist is a game about looking at that state of affairs and saying "No." And then being able to back that up with action.
Fuck yes.
>>
>>49028034
You're a good person.
>>
>I don't mind you disagreeing with my politics, but is a thread about a magical phone app conspiracy really the best place to talk about all of this?
I giggled.
>>
File: 1280px-Psp-1000.jpg (75KB, 1280x727px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Psp-1000.jpg
75KB, 1280x727px
>>49027953
>how other Purviews' free-form magic is worked through the cultural lens of the PSP.
>>
>>49028034

So if I'm reading this right, Christian beliefs are in this as well? This is interesting.
>>
File: aee.gif (717KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aee.gif
717KB, 500x375px
>>49028239
>You're the second coming of Jesus!
>And you're the second coming of Jesus!
>EVERYONE'S THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS
>>
>>49028197
On OPP?

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/956100-threat-the-egohackers/page2#post958803
>>
>>49028364
Yeah, I was checking my messages after going to the Geist thread
>>
>>49028364
I love the suggestion that the Seers would support safe spaces and trigger warnings.
Gets across that their desire for mankind is not one of destruction and domination, but sedation.

Ignore the big scary things. They're upsetting. Smile and keep looking at the box of puppies we have here for you.
>>
File: continued-laughter-iwata.png (223KB, 352x359px) Image search: [Google]
continued-laughter-iwata.png
223KB, 352x359px
>>49027648
>treating Matt's paraphrase strawman as the serious opposition

That user was autism-ing over how they shouldn't be called "Heroes" and it was a bad and unfitting name for the antagonists. They were stupid but they were hardly the prime example of the arguments for Beast being shit and not conveying what it was intended to convey at all, in favor of endless smarm.
>>
>>49028327
I mean it's not just Second coming of Jesus. It's interesting because you could have a Moses, or A Jacob out there doing god's bidding and suplexing angels or some shit. Like your "parent" god could be Metatron or some shit.
>>
>>49028197

God that thread went to shit fast. That'll teach me to ever post anything.
>>
>>49028239

Not in any of the books so far. Monotheism doesn't really play nice in a game where you're all thr children and chosen of various different gods.
>>
>>49028503
Did you miss the point where that's a dumb notion? Then again, you think that a safe space is a place where you smile and get a puppy.

You are aware that a safe space is simply somewhere that you can discuss your issues without being harassed, right? It's a place to deal with difficult, troubling topics in a supportive place. Alcoholics Anonymous is a safe space, and the reason I see the Seers supporting that is because the overtly religious aspects of it are exactly Father's plans, and "Give yourself over to a higher power" tends to 9 times out of 10 mean playing into the Paternoster's hands.

The other use of the term safe space simply means somewhere harassment isn't tolerated. You know, like a workplace, school, most shopping centers, and basically anywhere that shouting at someone, calling them pejoratives, or threatening their wellbeing is frowned upon. When a restaurant or other business advertises itself as a "safe space" for some group, it generally means that if someone starts harassing that group, the business will stand up for them, as opposed to siding with the harassers. This is useful to explicitly advertise because there are many places where if you're queer, there are plenty of businesses that will try to kick you out instead.

>>49028614
>[Heroes] was a bad and unfitting name for the antagonists
It's almost as if the fact that they're not heroic but called Heroes was the entire fucking point.
It's also almost as if "the antagonists are called Heroes" is one of the reasons I mentioned that people were less willing to give Beast the benefit of the doubt when compared to Vampire, despite the two often sharing a ton of "why are we so persecuted" and "we are just so the best".

>>49028649
There are other gods, they're just either called the Demons or treated them as lesser. "Thou shalt have no other gods before the Lord" is implicitly acknowledging that there are other Gods, but you better not fucking worship them instead of YHWH.
>>
>>49028503

Nah, Seers are all about domination, sedating the masses is for babby newbie Seers who don't realize that the point isn't to get the masses to look away, but to beat them down hard enough so that they never even want to look up in the first place.

Seers don't shelter you from the bad things. Seers make the bad things happen, and make sure that you know that you can't change a damn thing about it. They shove it into your face until you develop just the right amount of cosmic learned helplessness.
>>
>>49028364
I like the the tyrant SJW doesn't realize he's proving the point he's argiung against.
>>
>>49028693
>sure you have freedom of speech, but only in this area right here
>and it better be approved by the council of sjws, or you're gonna get kicked out and called a racist white male
>>
>>49028741
Free speech doesn't mean you can be a shithead without people calling you a shithead.
It just means the government can't arrest you for talking. If you're being an asshole, anybody can call you and asshole and ask you to leave.
>>
Check that privilege you fucking white cis male
>>
>>49028693
>Then again, you think that a safe space is a place where you smile and get a puppy.
Man, I can barely even SEE the goal posts now.
>>
File: tips-fed-ORAORAORAORAORAORA.png (92KB, 463x469px) Image search: [Google]
tips-fed-ORAORAORAORAORAORA.png
92KB, 463x469px
>>49028706
I like the nauseatingly pseudo-intellectual passive-aggression of Crusader.

It's the whole package.
>>
>>49028706
What?

>>49028697
The notion that safe space shelter people from bad things is so ridiculous anyway. They help you confront and get over the bad things. Again, I point to Al-Anon. It may be kind of have some gross Christian propaganda subtext, but it's literally a safe space for overcoming alcohol addiction.

>>49028741
Anon, the fact that you mischaracterize the views of your opponents doesn't make you right.
I'm sure /wodg/ would appreciate it even less if I linked about twenty videos explaining "SJW" topics, though.
Still, here's like three or four.
https://youtu.be/dUM9Me6y8ME
https://youtu.be/dbyosLN58BU
https://youtu.be/sINEb6P6Yqg
https://youtu.be/vWtEN0v3EpE

>>49028820
>Smile and keep looking at the box of puppies we have here for you.
I'm literally quoting him. That's not what safe spaces are. In fact, the only article I've ever found that referred to an alleged safe space as providing cookies and puppies was made up. I spent an entire day trying to find confirmation of it, and could only find evidence that not only were there no puppies, there was not even anything referred to as a safe space in the first place, just an alternative event. As the article I found talking about the alternative event was criticizing it (apparently freedom of association means nothing, and you must attend events by people who's views you already know and disagree with), I'm fairly confident that the alleged puppies and cookies safe space never took place.
So, no, I'm not moving goalposts, I'm pointing out that a common stereotype is outlandishly untrue.
>>
I should have known that bringing up Amatajakki's thread would lead to people jumping on the anti-SJW bandwagon of that dumb poster.

Jakki, I definitely think you should give them the power to use the symbology of a safe space to protect themselves, and other such SJW things. I mean, they already seem like a magical, militant #Occupy to me.
>>
>>49028693
>It's also almost as if "the antagonists are called Heroes" is one of the reasons I mentioned that people were less willing to give Beast the benefit of the doubt when compared to Vampire, despite the two often sharing a ton of "why are we so persecuted" and "we are just so the best".

People didn't need to set a higher bar for it, Beast's writing was just shit in comparison, and Matt's posts oozing with contempt for the so called 'Heroes' in every post even before the leak threw up some serious red flags.

They're antagonist that's supposed to be a threat, but they're simultaneously pathetic and beneath you. The tone is jarring and unsettling, and most people seemed to pick up on an unintended theme of 'persecution complex' that made them identify the beasts as MRAs/libertarians/SJWs/whatever fit their particular mental model.
>>
>>49029002
I don't really get the whole "oozing with contempt" vibe that you got. The heros are played off largely as dickbags but that just seems to be a thematic thing and they do go into detail to say "Yes, heros who aren't sociopathic shitheels do exist, but they're not generally interesting unless your players are also playing sociopathic shitheels".
>>
>>49028901
>They help you confront and get over the bad things.

Yes, what they're intended to do and what they actually do are totally the same thing. Theory and practice are identical, just like communism. There are no side effects, potential for abuse or downsides whatsoever.
>>
File: prophet-001.jpg (621KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
prophet-001.jpg
621KB, 1600x1200px
I've considered for a while writing up a fan-line called Prophet.
Taking a big chunk of Small Gods in that you're a person who's mind was in the right state at the right time to have a God enter it and bond with you. The God requires Belief to sustain itself and if it dies, it takes your soul with it. So, you have to gather worshipers to give Belief to your God to sustain it and make it more powerful.
Gods would be defined by their Sphere (what they're a god of) and their Manifestation (how they act as a god). Groups of Prophets create Pantheons of Gods, so they can share Belief between them.
General enemies are other pantheons out for your followers and the Desecrated (Prophets who's Gods have died and now try and suck the belief out of others).
I was also thinking of mentioning the God-Machine as responsible for reducing these god to this state.

It's still all in my head at the moment, but I wonder if you dudes would find it interesting.

>Pictured: a Prophet-to-be undergoing Numinous, about to bond with a God

TL;DR: Game where you build a religion to power a person God
>>
>>49029002

I still feel like if Heroes threatened the general populace (aside from just riling them up into a mob, which Prometheans unwillingly do better by default anyways) in any way, this whole controversy would have been avoided. As of now, Heroes are just shitter versions of the Imbued from Reckoning who have to take up the mantle of being the only actual antagonist for Beasts to fight, aside from other Beasts.

They're clearly supposed to only be a thorn in a Beast's side as opposed to a major problem, but that really doesn't fly when they're the only antagonists in the entire book. The least they could have done was add in one more major antagonist, like some kind of weird Drosselmeyer-esque villain splat or something.
>>
>>49029151
So basically Claimed: The Arising
>>
>>49028937
aspel will do anything to get into atamajakki's skirt
>>
>>49029151
>>49029255
Seems like it would be about super-claimed, yeah. But really only because super strong spirits are considered effectively gods. The rules don't do the best job of making powerful spirits seem like that. Dark Eras was the first time I read anything that made me feel like that was legit, and it went about it by heavily messing with the rules of normal spirits to write their pre-history godlings.

Could be fun though, I dunno.
>>
>>49029111
I know that you believe 4chan and Reddit and Youtube when they tell you that safe spaces are ruining the world and being abused, but that doesn't actually make it true, and all evidence points to the contrary. Trigger warnings also aren't being abused the way that people seem to think they are. I invite you to watch the videos I linked on the topics. Many of them actually make citations.

>>49029104
He meant in the previews, and first draft.

>>49029284
I'm the one who made the post you're replying to. I don't particularly care to get into Jakki's skirt, and I don't see how laughing at their misfortune would achieve that anyway.
>>
>>49029284
Atamajakki is only conveniently gay for the dick he is currently riding.

If you are going to overtalk named people, at least get their trivia right.
>>
>>49029338
>I'm the one who made the post you're replying to.
>acting like you didn't want people arguing
as much as you'd love to suck atamajakki off, you crave attention here even more
>>
File: 2012-03-01-chapter-2-page-20.png (879KB, 824x993px) Image search: [Google]
2012-03-01-chapter-2-page-20.png
879KB, 824x993px
>>49029308
I really do wish there was a splat where you have a genuine connection to the Shadow. The Uratha stand apart, and Spirits at best begrudingly accept them as related to them.

I want stories about people who are connected to the Spirit properly. Who hoard Fetishes and spend ludicrous amounts of time in the Shadow. Who are slowly but surely changed by their Claiming Spirit to look more like them and change to manifest its appearance.
Who manifest strange and exotic powers, and cultivate the Shadow and twilight as they choose and bargaining with the Strange Gods who live there.
Ones with a more alien outlook, similar to Sin-Eaters.
Acting outside of your Claimant's attitude fucks you up, but acting within it is good.
Murder for survival and propogation of your Claimant for example would be no sin, as the Shadow is predatory.

A lot of this is similar to Werewolf, but that has too much baggage limiting what you can be.
No matter how much you try and stress the animistic aspect of the reflection of the world, you're still a furry ball of fangs and claws with temper problems.
>>
>>49029393
i didn't say they were fucking
aspel will do anything to get his approval/attention
the cock smoking was metaphorical
aspel couldn't drag himself out of his parents bsment to lose his virginity if he was paid to
>>
>>49029255
>>49029308
In my head Prophets aren't being controlled, but they are put in a bind.
The God has somehow managed to survive somehow, maybe around an forgotten shrine or just getting lucky and influencing people just a little. Unlike Spirits who get Essence by just being around the thing, Gods have to be acknowledged in their role to get Belief, but like Spirits they bleed it when manifested and they are always manifested.
Prophets-to-be have a kind of emptiness, maybe not negative (like a wander-lust or curiosity) but they're looking for something too fill that space. They find themselves in the God's stomping grounds and are open enough for the God to join them (the event of Numinous). They fill the hole in the Prophet's soul and the Prophet basically gives the God somewhere to crash and not bleed Belief.

That's why the Desecrated try and eat the Gods of other Prophets, because the hole they once had in now a sucking abyss, now their soul is not plugging it.

>>49029443
That sounds cool, dawg. It seems when humans mess with Spirits they usually get fucked over. It'd be nice to see one where they're not complete dupes.
>>
>>49029495
>>49029417
The way you're so creepy about me is kind of ironic.
>>
>>49029528
you're a disgusting troll of a person, aspel
all you have to do is keep something in the name field and /wodg/ would be so much better
>>
>>49029582
Whether you like me or not, I'm a meaningful contributor to the thread. I'll get a name when you do.
>>
From dev worship, to forum user (SJWs at that) worship you sure have no self-respect at all /wodg/

This is one of the many reasons you're the worst general ever
>>
>>49029745
Naw, we're at least better than 40k general.

I'll give you the rest though.
>>
>>49029745
k
>>
>>49029151

I think that'd be pretty rad, but once again I'm having the same response as other fanlines where I say "Man, I'd really like to play in a space separated from the CofD setting".
>>
>>49029104
That was about things Matt said.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?751112-Beast-the-Primordial-teaser-thread/page93
>I'm generally very excited about Beast, but I'm a little baffled by the rhetoric surrounding Heroes. I'm not sure why "sneering contempt" should be the line's attitude towards its antagonists, unless it's some kind of double-secret switcheroo meant to actually show the unsupportable hubris of Smaug right up until Bard jams a black arrow in his side. If heroes are *pathetic*, why in the world should we feel pleased about murdering them?

Even ignoring his infamous outright comparison of the HIDF to NotAllMen.
>>
>>49030024
It's not like it's an unfair comparison...
>>
File: darkseid said ha ha.jpg (76KB, 331x336px) Image search: [Google]
darkseid said ha ha.jpg
76KB, 331x336px
>>49029393
Whose dick is that?

>>49029669
>I'm a meaningful contributor
>>
>>49029745

No general can ever be worse than the Pathfinder general, at least from what I saw when some weirdo crosslinked it.
>>
>>49030078
I dunno. His boyfriend doesn't come here probably.
>>
>>49030021
Like dealing with the G-M and other monsters? Or having its own mythology?
>>
File: 3200.png (3MB, 3200x2240px) Image search: [Google]
3200.png
3MB, 3200x2240px
>>49030039
>it's a fair comparison

Men are sexist jerks to women only because women are monsters who hurt people for fun and unwittingly put an evil spell on men that makes them lose their minds?
>>
>>49030343
I think it's mostly that it's adding an entirely new element to the already chock-a-block cosmology of CofD.

Especially when there are already Fallen Gods of the Supernal, a God-Machine, Gods of the Astral, Gods of the Spirit, Gods of the Underworld and so forth.

Many of which are indestinguishable from one another.
>>
>>49030358
I could see some people agreeing with that, yeah.
>>
>>49030358
>>49030413
Isn't that literally MGTOW/RedPill's core belief?

Captcha, that's one large picture of a tree's leaves. There is no fucking sign.
>>
>>49030381
The G-M is super distinct.

Screw the rest of them though.
>>
>>49030470
I had a similar situation, with just a picture of a house. No sign in sight!
>>
>>49030358
Honestly if they made Beast have the mechanic of "Sate all your Hunger when someone to fulfill their Virtue or one point when they fulfill their Vice" the game line would make a whole lot more sense from the "teaching people lessons" angle it's supposed to have. Then Beasts can be jerks, but they can also be ultimately good dudes. Like, a Beast engineers a situation where they're the bad guy and someone fulfills their Virtue by driving them off. Gives the Beasts a general motive and a thing to do that doesn't require being utter assholes.
Hell, you could have an interplay where Heroes sate hunger really well because they are super driven by their Virtues, so some Beasts try to cultivate them to be their "nemesis". But, Heroes are also always drawn to Beasts, so they might bust into the Lair and kill the Beast who was benefiting them.
That sounds way better to me.
>>
>>49030381
That's fair. I'd probably just include the G-M as a possible reason for the Gods bit not explicitly push the whole cosmology.
>>
>>49030343

Having its own mythology. Like I think a lot of fan splats would be a lot better if they didn't feel like they had to carve out their own niche in the greater CofD setting. It'd not only give them more setting freedom, but I think it'd also allow them to be a bit more adventurous with the CofD ruleset.
>>
>>49030470
Of course. Matt confirmed for redditor MRA shitlord. OP must fire this man.
>>
File: 1472347061245.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472347061245.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
What's the deadliest opponent your characters have ever faced?
>>
>>49030524
>So some Beasts try to cultivate them to be their "nemesis"
With some inevitably deciding to work together to find appropriate nemesis for Beasts to ensure a better situation for everyone, with no crazed bastards running around murdering people's families in front of them for satiety.
>>
>>49030565
So... games using the storyteller system but clearly not CofD games?

Because if you don't use the cosmology, you aren't CofD. If you just co-opt already established cosmology points you are uncreative. If you carve something new, the setting is already crowded.

I dunno man, seems like a catch 22.
>>
>>49029338
>I know that you believe 4chan and Reddit and Youtube when they tell you that safe spaces are ruining the world and being abused, but that doesn't actually make it true, and all evidence points to the contrary.
Bitch please, this isn't internet hearsay chinese whispers, this shit's gone mainstream. You don't need the internet to concoct contrived examples how the language of safe spaces is co opted and weaponized.

Although goddamn Pale_Crusader is a smarmy fuck.
> This last issue is caused by the 'hedonist treadmill' effect. Also, while I won't name specific movements, websites, or apps this brings to mind, it definitely reminds me of real life sectors of the internet and internet communities. I cite South Park as having done cutting satire on those, which really doesn't narrow down who I could be talking about at all.
Who is loudly not saying the word 'SJW' because what, he's afraid of being banned?
>>
File: freud.jpg (144KB, 615x928px) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
144KB, 615x928px
>>49030413
Thinking it's in any way a fair comparison requires you personally believing that.
>>
>>49030723
I wasn't actually him. I just could think of like 2 people I know who hold similar beliefs.
>>
My virtue is patience how do I invoke it replenish willpower?
>>
>>49030593
>As a player?
Pestilence. The literal horseman, Pestilence.
In a Mortals/Mage/Werewolf mashup game.
I Sparta-kicked him thru a portal.
Don't ask, the game was awful.
>As a ST
One of the pack went nuts in the Shadow, ran into the literal Walker-Breaker from the book, because I wanted to test a high level spirit against them (I didn't mean it to be JUST him).
It was then that I learned how strong my houserule of adding Primal Urge to the regen, armor and stat bonuses of the different forms really was, as a single ragin' werewolf at PU3 ended up with 9+ dots in all physical stats and went almost 20 rounds solo against a rank 4 maggrath, bouncing off walls and tackling a multi-ton creature to the ground like Bladewolf in MGR and still fighting off the reinforcements the spirit occasionally called.
>the player eventually had to hightail it after taking MASSIVE aggravated damage, but it remains the most dynamic and exciting combat I have ever run in a game outside Scion
>>
>>49030597
Of course! If you go around creating Heroes then you're just causing more problems for everyone.
Not sure if there should be a way to turn Heroes back into regular folk. Probably not, they should have a inherent distrust of Beasts, always thinking they're trying to twist them to some nefarious end. So, if you create a Hero you've stuck someone to live the rest of their lives trying to kill you, who can never return to normalcy. Hope you can manage them!
>>
>>49030524
Teaching lessons is literally just a social thing where Beasts feel they should justify feeding their Hunger on people who "deserve" it or for a good reason, as opposed to just doing it to anyone.

It is not some big True thing about the setting. It's a guideline. It's the Beast code of "don't be a shithead except to people who deserve it or to help people".

I wish it had mechanics tied to it, but it's not a magical thing. It's just Beasts trying to NOT be terrible people even though their Horror doesn't have a preference.

Beasts can still be jerks that are ultimately good dudes. Batman is the perfect example of a Beast. Joker probably fits decently as a Hero, too.
>>
Should I ban Exceptional Luck or maybe even Acanthus in their entirety? I don't really want to deal with mechanical problems.
>>
>>49029338

Yes, these things only happen on the internet.

That's probably why I hear a lot of people in universities are getting incredibly tired of the SJW bullshit.
>>
>>49030907
As someone who doesn't even play Mage. Grow some balls.
>>
>>49030907
I think Acanthus would be a lot better if you couldn't apply Boons to spellcasting, and could only use one Boon element at a time.

If Prime can't boost spell dice pools, I don't see why Fate should be able to.
>>
>>49030935
>As someone who doesn't even play Mage
Then how aware you that with a 2-dot proficiency in Fate and a Rote, you can reflexively (for a point of mana) give yourself 9-agains, bountiful positive conditions (including Steadfast), and positive dice pool modifiers.

All of these being universally applicable, and even usable on spellcasting, without risking Paradox.
>>
>>49030601
Hunter does pretty well like that.

>>49030696
It really hasn't. The world is not falling apart due to safe spaces.

Also, yes. Pale Crusader is an idiot. I intentionally avoided reading his newest post because the other ones made me facepalm so much. People who "cite South Park" as actual biting cultural satire with wit and point should be patted on the head and ushered out of the room so the adults can have conversations.

He also doesn't seem to have really read Jakki's thing in the first place.

>>49030847
Putting up with other people's shit.

>>49030853
>Don't ask, the game was awful.
All the more reason to ask!

>>49030862
You can cure Heroes of their crazy. And you don't create Heroes.

>>49030933
Because most of them also don't seem to know what's actually being said or going on. You have people who actually believe that "social justice" courses are teaching people that white men need to be killed. Apparently acknowledging inequality is the path to CULTURAL MARXISM (which is bad, if you couldn't tell. It has MARXISM in the name)
>>
>>49030878

"Why are you making me hurt you! You made me do this to you!"

The rallying cry of the abuser
>>
>>49031006
I would argue that Hunter is sort of the heart of the setting. It is the ultimate cross-splat game, where all of the cosmology is true, without the PCs necessarily being aware of that truth.

Sure the Hunter books work on a 'what is really true?' system, but is always obviously using stereotypes and half-truth versions of the actual cosmology. That's what makes Hunter so great, it puts you balls deep in the setting, without the pain of a crossover game.
>>
File: pWaBVJr.png (48KB, 530x380px) Image search: [Google]
pWaBVJr.png
48KB, 530x380px
Is... is hell not the daemonic realm?

What the hell is the daemonic realm if not hell?
>>
>>49030847
Where you stick to your guns and wait for something you've planned or are expecting to come to fruition, rather than accepting the way out someone else offers you, at a bargain price, or suffering through trials.

The problem is, patience is hard to claim as self-actualization, and easier to cast as bloody simple-minded stubbornness. Also it's too easy to just see it as something you've got to do, rather than something you feel is the right thing to do.

Say you're sitting through a verbal lashing by a high ranking member of the Consilium for your failure in some matter. Being patient, you could sit there and not try to defend yourself, following protocol and waiting until he was happy to let you talk.

However that doesn't seem nearly as virtuous as charging out to save a friend from a dangerous situation out of sheer loyalty and no actual personal gain.
>>
What are some spells which I can use to make sure that sleepers don't barge into my sanctum, and a way to notify myself of any intruders?
>>
Thyrsus Oblation
>>
>>49031006

No I mean like the ridiculous scientific articles that keep getting put out that villify men and white people.

Stupid shit like this about how e=MC2 is sexist:
https://books.google.be/books?hl=nl&lr=&id=3On91NcQbNMC&oi=fnd&pg=PR7&dq=sexist+fluid+dynamics&ots=2MTfpcvUdb&sig=r9b7vGQ-e0V5Ij7Dx7sXx111jYs#v=onepage&q=sexist%20fluid%20dynamics&f=false (page 76)

Ridiculous feminist and post-colonial interpretations of media, like Gilbert and Gubar forcing in a father figure into their interpretation of Snow White, or Feminist film criticism based on outdated Freudian theories, stating that men have castration fear and thus need replacments for their penis in the form of guns. Laura Mulveys whole theory about the male gaze and it's complete disregard for gay men and women, providing no alternative as to what the female gaze is at all.

That kind of bullshit, the easy A route where everyone who wants to have an easy job writing papers is to take the feminist approach to whatever and bash the shit out of everything by dragging in sexism by the hairs.

That is what I and probably others are getting tired of.
>>
>>49030601

I think you can make games that capture the spirit of CofD, without actually having to worry about whether or not you have to fit into the greater setting of it. Like WoD games are as much of a style of game as they are the actual setting.
>>
>>49031126
>>
>>49031126
My Vice is Passiveness
>>
>>49031163
I mean, I guess. Yeah. That's why people get away with talking about Scion 2e here, even though it has nothing to do with what we are doing here.

Even though they should go get their own thread.
>>
>>49031005
I feel like you should stop listening to Touhou and use your common sense. Here's some suggestions that don't involve "Banning an entire character type".

-- Don't let Steadfast apply to spellcasting
-- Have using Steadfast to avoid Breaking Points be a Breaking Point
-- Don't allow Reach to be spent to make the spell's bonuses apply to Spellcasting rolls (and it is a Reach effect)
-- Simply ask the player not to abuse the spell

>>49031018
It's a good thing that's not even remotely what I said, then.

>>49031122
What did CERN employees do? Was it the lambda symbol?

>>49031109
Hunter as a book is made with the idea that you COULD use it for crossover, but the assumption that you WON'T. This is why they have such diverse representations of the splats.
>>
>>49031127
>Hiding your Sanctum
Incognito Presence, Control Insticts, Lure and Repel, Hidden Hoard, Secret Door.

>Detection
Any practice which detects some human aspect, be it life, heat, minds, souls, yada yada set to the area of your Sanctum and then relinquished (with a point, not a dot).

You'll get a buzz when they walk in, unless they're using some Supernatural ability to cloak themselves which isn't on your frequency. e.g. Vampiric Obfuscate can only be detected by Mind.
>>
>>49031151

The "teach men not to rape" thing, implying women don't rape and a gender is solely responsible for rape.

The terribly unscientific "1 in 3 men would rape you" study that was debunked but keeps popping up to try and sow fear.

The notion that we live in a "rape culture" where all men conspire to let thme get away with rape, ignoring the harsh sentences set out for rape not to mention the social stigmas attached and the trial by media they usually bring.

https://youtu.be/w1wHfu1aYu8?t=17s <-- people that honestly claim that White People never suffered.

Really Aspel, if you'd actually go outside instead of being a retard on here you'd find tons of examples of just how shitty most people that label themselves SJW's are.
>>
>>49031245
>I feel like you should stop listening to Touhou and use your common sense
I have done all of those things, he still handed out massive dice pool modifiers like candy, and the player blew past every obstacle I placed in their way.

The spell is busted.
>>
File: pot-and-kettke.jpg (32KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
pot-and-kettke.jpg
32KB, 600x369px
>>49031006
>The world is not falling apart due to safe spaces.

Aspel, the fact that you mischaracterize the views of your opponents doesn't make you right.
>>
Someone said Scion in the thread.

I'm super excited for 2e. I think my character will either hail from the Algonquian divine or Tuatha if they're in the game.

or homebrew Abrahamic pantheon as a Scion of the Morning Star to act as evolution through adversity. I've talked about this before in this thread
>>
>>49030696

>Who is loudly not saying the word 'SJW' because what, he's afraid of being banned?

I seem to recall Rose banning someone on the OP forums for using SJW in a negative way. So yeah, justified fear of being banned.
>>
>>49031275
>Teach men not to rape
This is about reversing the current common wisdom of 'teach your daughters to stay modest', which ignores the fact that rapists will strike whether someone is wearing a bikini or in a burqini.

>1 in 3 men would rape you
Never heard of this, so I'll assume this isn't as common as you seem to think. Sounds like something dumb people would spread, so I agree with you there.

>Rape culture
Yeah, harsh sentences... that have been publicly seen to get reduced because of 'boys will be boys' attitudes. While tricking people into sex (regardless of either parties gender) gets played for laughs in media, or is shown as a strength. Naw man, rape culture is pretty legit. Like most social ideas, it isn't a blanket, there are plenty of situations where rape is hated on and assaulted, but that doesn't mean rape culture doesn't exist. Stop seeing it as an attack on you, and view it as a lens to view our culture.

>claim white people never suffered
Don't care, moving on.
>>
>>49031405
>Stop seeing it as an attack on you
Kinda hard when some actually DO use it like that.
>>
>>49031480
Welcome to the internet, where sometimes individuals say stupid stuff. Get over it.
>>
>>49031504
Nah mate, I'm talking about when I'm walking to a lecture at Uni.
>>
>>49031532
What, like people shouting at you while waving signs? You'll have to be more specific, if only a little bit.
>>
>>49023048
Vampire.
High school players.
Ended in a big fight with lots of PvP that made all the players mad at each other.
Since then I'm uncomfortable with running Vampire.
>>
How is OPP handling the Algonquian deities?

Insensitive or...
>>
File: 0-WE9kwPew6sjivxvM.jpg (80KB, 650x437px) Image search: [Google]
0-WE9kwPew6sjivxvM.jpg
80KB, 650x437px
>>49031283
If you did all of those things and used the limitations on the spell system already present (like spell control), you wouldn't have the problem you say you do.

>>49031299
Oh, so the world isn't falling apart due to safe spaces? Then why are you complaining about them?

>>49031532
>>49031480
I'm going to be hones, I seriously doubt that. If you do feel that someone is attacking you in such a way, though, perhaps you should talk to someone. I'm pretty sure there are people on campus specifically there to work out problems between students and prevent harassment.

>>49031405
I really hate when people dismiss rape culture without even understanding what it means.
I mean, you have people believing the notion that there's an epidemic of false rapes. Likely because rape is the crime least likely to get a conviction.
>>
>>49031557
Stall kinda thing, quite loud, I had a friendly smile, she didn't. Got an earful about rape, and how I am scum.

Funny as the treatment continued into my Law, Human Rights and Global Governance tutorial, where we discussed the various ways in which men are incapable of understanding or properly sympathying with women's oppression in society due to an ingrained rape culture which somehow infests us all regardless of the compassion of our upbringing.
>>
>>49031678
What, you don't believe in false rape claims?
>>
>>49031708
You're just purposely skipping the word epidemic, aren't you?
>>
This is so about vampires
>>
>>49031724
It's pretty fucking common, so it might be an epidemic, yeah
>>
>>49031699
So, now it is being taught in your classes instead of just happening on the walk to class? Might have mentioned that the first time...
>>
>>49031678
>If you did all of those things and used the limitations on the spell system already present (like spell control), you wouldn't have the problem you say you do.
One for instant, one for advanced duration, then two for spell control.
Bam, 3 PCs lubed up with high-grade Boons, sacrificing dice to boost potency, and a couple for day duration, with no risk of Paradox.
>>
Of course rape is hard to convict its more a he said she said. Proof of intercourse is not proof of rape. Even consexual sex can be rough sometimes. The woman can change her mind and call it rape. Regret is not rape
>>
>>49031756
Oh it, was both.
It's why I said "continued".
I was actually pretty fucking mad when they basically started insulting my parents.
>>
False rape charges have existed time immemorial and mostly people did not need proof to believe of a woman because our innate nature to have them as a protected class
>>
>>49031773
Well the actual unabashed MRA's are here.

Time to get back on topic.

So will Deviant end up being the first actual splat with ZERO cosmology impact.

Promethean comes pretty close, mind you. The Divine Fire and The Principle are both a bit of a shit, and no one seems to care that they exist EXCEPT prometheans.

But Deviant sounds like 100% weird science town. Which makes it sound like there won't be any strange mystic hullabaloo to justify them existing, or to explain their power source.

No special dimension for them to hop into.

No cosmic balance that explains why they must wage their war against their dark mirror.

Just, poor dickbags created by corporations or groups of other dickbags that want to now capture them and dissect them.

Is this... good or bad?
>>
>>49030907
Exceptional Luck is a tax.

No, its not "oh my god its so broken XD" its a tax. Notice half the math people do with this damn spell ignores paradox, reach and mana cost? There is a reason for that.

+2 reach to add the boons to spell effects.

+2 reach and 1 mana to make this spell reflexive.

If you are a master of Fate, you can spend 1 mana a casting to add this spell to all your other spells. Without over reaching. The rest of us are not masters of Fate.

If you are not a master of Fate you have to ask; is it worth it? Yes with Fate 3 you can get steadfast and +2 on a casting roll(meaning 1 success meaning win!) but its 2 Reach over your limit and dedicated tools lower paradox pools, not stop them from forming.

So +1 on your next paradox roll for the scene. Big deal. Except what happens when a scene drags out? Yes you can be a heavy hitter and ALWAYS land your big spells but if your foe is smart or strong or worse; lucky(raise your hand if you have rolled 0 success on a 15 dice pool. Keep them raised if it has happened more then once. Remember Steadfast is boosting the other spell; not Exceptional Luck, you don't have the boon yet) then you have to worry about running out of mana or dealing with paradox pools too big to handle. Mana spent hear isn't mana spent keeping paradox away.

You could just extend the duration; make the spell last 2 turns and spend the first turn casting Exceptional Luck, then the next turn casting the spell you wanted to use in the first place. After all, what does a turn mean in a game of rocket tag?

Long story short lean on this spell and you will find your mana pool empty, and your paradox pool bigger then your casting pool quite quickly. Don't use down and dirty spellcasting for rolls that matter, use it for cinematic and odd things, like it was meant for.

Also don't forget; Time Spells end when the duration is up.

"I go back in time 1 scene!"
>Did you raise the duration?
"No?"
>Then enjoy your 3 turns in the past.
>>
>>49031527

>What systematic oppression has there been of white people (which here likely means the American and Europeans who colonized the world). And please don't say feminism, or affirmative action, or anything like that.

The fucking Irish, for one, you asshole.
Are jews considered white this week or not? Because if so...

https://thinkprogress.org/1-in-3-college-men-in-survey-say-they-would-rape-a-woman-if-they-could-get-away-with-it-ffa7406b9778#.ji5dvc8a3

https://mic.com/articles/108222/1-in-3-college-men-endorse-rape-but-don-t-consider-themselves-rapists#.gUIFhbnwN

http://weekend.knack.be/lifestyle/radar/onderzoek-een-derde-van-de-mannen-vindt-verkrachting-geen-verkrachting/article-normal-593813.html (this one's in my native language in one of the most prominent magazines in the country)

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/news/a35207/study-one-in-three-men-would-rape-if-they-could/

>More than that, the amount of rape committed by men compared to the amount of rapes committed by women is staggering.

Yeah just like the mount of crime commited by Black people in the US means you can safely assume all black people are criminals, amirite?

Also when it comes to Gay and trans people, the country I live in legalized gay marriage 13 years ago. So it's not like we're marginalizing them over here. If you tell someone you're gay here the only people who react violently are the immigrants.

Also Lesbian couples are statistically the most likely domestic abusers, should we put otu warnings for lesbians everywhere that say "teach lesbians not to abuse".

Also goalpost moving: "are you denying that there's sexism?"
Which is not what I said, I said people are getting tired of sexism being dragged into everything, especially in academia. I'm not denying there's sexism since you clearly seem to be a sexist for example, unable to distinguish rapists that happen to be men from the whole male gender.

http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/
>>
>>49031904
>If you are a master of Fate
Or have a Rote which grants equivalent reach.
>>
>>49031678

>I really hate when people dismiss rape culture without even understanding what it means.

Yes, RAINN does not know what Rape culture is, you got me there.

https://www.rainn.org/images/03-2014/WH-Task-Force-RAINN-Recommendations.pdf

In the last few years, t
here has been an unfortunate trend towards blaming “rape culture”
for the extensive problem of sexual violence on campuses. While it is helpful to point out
the systemic barriers to addressing the problem, it is important to not lose sight of a simple
fact
: Rape is
caused not by cultural factors
but by the conscious decisions, of a small
percentage of the community, to commit a violent crime
>>
>>49031904
>Then enjoy your 3 turns in the past
A veritable bounty for a practicioner of Time, who knows full well how to solve his problem.
>>
File: Rape.png (174KB, 1508x503px) Image search: [Google]
Rape.png
174KB, 1508x503px
>>49031708
No. I know that they're a thing that's happened. But many antifeminists (and basically every MGTOW or RedPiller) seem to think that every rape claim is just some ploy by women. I've heard the claim that women who cry rape just had bad sex.

>>49031745
>>49031830
>It is extremely difficult to assess the prevalence of false accusations. Not all jurisdictions have a distinct classification of false accusation, resulting in these cases being combined with other types of cases (e.g. where the accuser did not physically resist the suspect or sustain injuries) under headings such as "unfounded" or "unproved". There are many reasons other than falsity that can result in a rape case being closed as unfounded or unproven.[1][2] DiCanio (1993) states that while researchers and prosecutors do not agree on the exact percentage of false allegations, they generally agree on a range of 2% to 10%.[8]
2% to 10%. So we've got at worst NINETY PERCENT of reported rapes that actually happened. 80% of rapes go unreported.
>False rape charges have existed time immemorial and mostly people did not need proof to believe of a woman because our innate nature to have them as a protected class
Actually caring about rape is an incredibly recent concept. In some places in the US, it's legal to facefuck someone while they're passed out, though I think hope that's been changed by now.

>>49031699
>>49031785
I feel like you're probably misrepresenting things. You really don't seem willing to empathize with other people's viewpoints just from talking with you here.
But, again, if you feel you're being harassed, go to the student aid.

>>49031773
If someone changes their mind and you continue to FUCK them? Yes, that is rape.
Rape also has a lower rate of conviction compared to other he said, she said crimes.
>>
>>49031856

>Well the actual unabashed MRA's are here.

I'm not even an Men's Rights Activist, but it's simply amazing how saying you're pro men's rights makes you a monster while saying you're for women's rights makes you automatically the good guy.

that feels a little sexist.
>>
>>49031998

>80% of rapes go unreported.

Then how do you know they happen? I mean, nobody reports them...
>>
>>49031998

>If someone changes their mind and you continue to FUCK them? Yes, that is rape.

They meant after the fact you shithead.
>>
>>49031527
>What systematic oppression has there been of white people

>italians never existed
>irish never existed

;^)
>>
>>49032022
It is all about who you are associating yourself with.

Same reason goobergate was such a fiasco.

Sure, a select few people in that 'movement' might have cared about collusion in video game journalism.

But they chained themselves to a bunch of idiots screaming about how they were oppressed because they can't see more tits, and how women are ruining games forever, and how any woman against them needed to kill themselves etc etc.

A person who supports the rights of men will do so, and organize around movements with the same goal but a better rep.

MRA's are hated for good reason. Support men's rights, but don't be an 'MRA'.
>>
>>49032095
I'm still not sure Italians exist. I've really only seen them in corny movies.
>>
If Lasombra don't cast shades or reflections, how do they take care of their appearance?

It's not like they can just rip their eye out and then apply lipstick or some shit.
>>
>>49032098

Then how has Feminism never become so tainted?

You've got stuff like the SCUM Manifesto (from the lady who tried to shoot Andy Warhol), you've got Andrea Dworkin and other clearly distrubed and sexist parts of the feminist movement.

But they get a No True Scotsman pass.
>>
This thread too a turn. Maybe we, humans, are the real horrors of our world after all.
>>
>>49031226

Don't worry, either me or Atamajakki are gonna start a Scion general once the 2e Kickstarter strikes.
>>
>>49032214
I fucking wish there were enough people to warrant a Scion thread
>>
>>49031527

>You misunderstanding the male gaze is likewise meaningless to me.

The male gaze is just the theater's Royal Gaze transplanted onto film, it's just gotten a gendered coat of paint for some reason.

The Royal Gaze represented the king's gaze at a play.
>>
>>49032243
If you tell your friends but not the police, how credible are you really?
>>
>>49032243

>The reason he called you an MRA is because you were using that "oh, women cry rape if they didn't like the sex" argument. Which as I pointed out is essentially a very small fraction of actual rapes.

Err no one's called me an MRA yet.
>>
>>49032259
the male gaze is something different entirely. It's leering at a person as thought it's an object you wish to own.
>>
>>49032291

No, you're wrong.

The male gaze is the way in which the visual arts and literature depict the world and women from a masculine point of view, presenting women as objects of male pleasure. [1][2][3] The phrase male gaze was coined by feminist film critic Laura Mulvey in 1975.[4]

The male gaze consists of three perspectives:[5][6]

that of the person behind the camera,
that of the characters within the representation or film itself, and
that of the spectator.
>>
>>49032207
It has? Just that it is multitudes larger than Men's Rights.

Feminism was always a blanket of something so massive, and actually relevant (especially when first started).

So, as this thread so clearly shows, there are those who see feminism as tainted. But there is an even balance between that and people who don't see it that way (always swaying back and forth).

On the other hand, men's rights is magnitudes smaller in scope, purpose, and in actual action. Think of the last time you saw a massive men's rights protest, when have you seen a historic picture of one being broken up, list some of the biggest victories and fights of the men's rights movement.

It is a baby movement, and MRA's have co-opted the poor baby early on.

there are some awesome men's rights groups, but they do their work in the background, usually quietly. No surprise, they are also typically feminist as well.

But the poison is harder to dilute when you are so tiny.
>>
File: just.jpg (25KB, 319x283px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
25KB, 319x283px
I'm really liking this World Of Darkness/ Chronicles of Darkness related discussion guys.

fucking kill yourselves
>>
>>49032166
Man, I have the perfect clip for that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk5uwYp5EKk
>>
>>49032266
Santa Claus raped me one hundred quadrillion times.

There, now 100% of rapes are unreported, with a small margin of error.
>>
>>49032252

We just have to all get together and try. Even if it'll just be all of us talking about the games and characters we might want to play.

>>49032211

Indeed, Man is the scariest monster in the World of Darkness and/or Chronicles of Darkness. Seriously though, god I hope Aspel and whoever was dumb enough to actually argue with Aspel over politics cool it soon.
>>
>>49032291
>>49032310

The Male Gaze can contain that, but it's not the definition. The Male Gaze as used by Laura Mulvey was meant to signify that movies were mostly made for the male perspective.

The male gaze[8] occurs when the camera puts the audience into the perspective of a heterosexual man. It may linger over the curves of a woman's body, for instance.

Listen, I may not have a fancy-shmansy gender studies degree like every SJW out there, but I do have a Master in Theater, Film and Literature.
>>
>>49032310
That's what I paraphrased, but you went to wikipedia for whatever reason. So sure, I guess you're right?
>>
>>49032363

No you implied that the Male Gaze is just leering at women, which isn't true. It's just that the dominant perspective in a piece of media is male.

It may containt but does not have to contain treating women as objects, it just means the dominant point of view is male.
>>
>>49032207
First off, there's been stereotyping and mockery of feminism for years. I can even remember Powerpuff Girls of all things having a man hating straw feminist antagonist. You can't mention sexism without some antifeminist attitudes cropping up and people shouting at you. As the maxim goes "comments on an article about feminism will invariably show the need for feminism" or something to that effect.

Second, Feminism is a diverse group that has actually achieved many of it's goals despite pushback, and continues to do so.

>But they get a No True Scotsman pass.
TERFs and SWERFs are feminists.
They're just also horrible people.

>>49032266
Are you implying that there aren't multiple reasons why someone might not want to report a crime--any crime, not just rape--to the police?

>>49032310
You're not really contradicting him.

>>49032318
>actually relevant (especially when first started).
It's still relevant. Especially since the second wave mostly achieved it's goals of equal employment opportunities and now people are all "we have a black president so racism is over" about all the issues.

Also, it's worth noting that many of the prominent voices in the men's rights movement are horribly antifeminist. So it's not really "co-opted".
>there are some awesome men's rights groups, but they do their work in the background, usually quietly. No surprise, they are also typically feminist as well.
See, I don't really see this as surprising. A lot of the issues that intersectional third wave feminism wants to correct are issues that effect men as well. And, ironically, it's often issues that the men's rights movement makes worse. For instance, men aren't allowed to show emotion, except for certain emotions, many of them negative (this is what "toxic masculinity" means; aggression, anger, dominance, control, flippancy, etcetera). Feminists want that to change. The MRM on the other hand tends to be all about toxic masculinity, and calling people cucks.
>>
>>49032362
I feel like seeing the male gaze in action just requires watching absolutely any anime.

For good reason, mind you. The anime are made with a certain audience in mind, namely young and male.

But that just makes it so perfect.

Male character introduced?
Cool flashes of prominent features, dramatic entrance, maybe even a display of their awesome cool ability.

Female character introduced?
Climb the legs, make a pit stop at the cleavage, maybe a slow-mo of them opening their eyes with a flower background. Even if they have some of the features of the above (cool entrance and display of abilities)
>>
>>49027786
Me because I'm running a playtest game as of tonight.

It looks pretty fun though the documents are literally being worked on and edited as I tested char gen.
>>
>>49032415
I'm implying that the amount of 'unreported rapes' are ridiculous, especially with that chart
>>
>>49032425

Holy fuck I am so goddamn jealous.

>>49032344

Well, only one thing to do. Have you ever read Mirrors? What's your favorite rules hack in it? I like the idea of giving Mortals a power stat.
>>
>>49032415

>You're not really contradicting him.

Yes I am, they just prefer not to read what I wrote down.
For some reason they seem to think the Male Gaze solely revolves around women and leering at them. Which is not what it is used for (well maybe idiots who don't understand it use it like that.)

The Male Gaze is just another term for what a society and culture mostly dominated by men unconsciously embeds in the production of their media, here film.

In this way it is the same as the Royal Gaze of the theatre, just transplanted to a film instead of a stage. What the King liked, that was what was shown and looked at because royalty was in power.
>>
>>49032425
break the NDA and tell me about the algonquian dieties right now
>>
File: simpsmug.jpg (26KB, 140x160px) Image search: [Google]
simpsmug.jpg
26KB, 140x160px
>>49031275
>veneration of terrorist movements like black lives matter
>>
>>49032425
Don't Break the NDA. Just tell us, is character creation fun?
>>
>>49032420
>I feel like seeing the male gaze in action just requires watching absolutely any anime.
>For good reason, mind you
"Production costs and profit margins are so terrible that pandering to gross neckbeards with disposable income is the only way to make any money" counts as a good reason?

Also, the problem with that kind of thing is that it ostracizes women from those communities, and when that's the primary depiction of women (as it so often is), that has an effect on the audience. Not just men who are taught to see women as objects, but women, who are taught to think of themselves as objects. Media depiction can have a strong effect on how people perceive themselves, and effect self-esteem.
Also this https://youtu.be/coNQAucXoNM

>>49032430
I'm trying to explain to you that you're failing to understand how sociology works. It's impossible to get an accurate number, yes, but these are the most accurate numbers we have.

>>49032520
>The male gaze[8] occurs when the camera puts the audience into the perspective of a heterosexual man. It may linger over the curves of a woman's body, for instance.[citation needed] The woman is usually displayed on two different levels: as an erotic object for both the characters within the film and for the spectator who is watching the film.[citation needed] The man emerges as the dominant power within the created film fantasy. The woman is passive to the active gaze from the man. This adds an element of "patriarchal" order, and it is often seen in "illusionistic narrative film".[4]:14 Mulvey argues that, in mainstream cinema, the male gaze typically takes precedence over the female gaze, reflecting an underlying power asymmetry.[9]:127
Sure sounds a lot like leering to me!

I should probably go make that Promethean Pilgrimage chart instead of doing all of this arguing...
>>
>>49032420

Exactly, the theory is more than just treating women like objects. It's a masculine totality, where every aspect of what you're seeing comes from the perspective of a man.

Saying that the Male Gaze is just about treating women like objects is exactly why people are getting fed up with it. It's dismissive, shows little understanding and implies that the male gender's sole point of view is that women are objects, which is blatantly false. Especially nowadays.
>>
>>49032543
That Youtuber is pretty much an idiot, yeah. Here's a thing from that guy I keep linking where he response to an uninformed criticism of Black Lives Matter
https://youtu.be/_flZbOhAbnM
Not for you.
>>
>>49032562

>I should probably go make that Promethean Pilgrimage chart instead of doing all of this arguing...

Yes please, go do something else and never come back.
>>
>>49032551
Yes

>>49032525
I asked the dev and he suggested I could share more than I feel comfortable with because I mean...NDA. But bragging and getting people hype is recommended. So I will answer some questions. What about them? Like the names?

We have: Kitchi-Manitou, Geezhigo-Quae, Muzzu-Kumik-Quae, Winonah, Pukawiss, Cheeby-Aub-Oozoo, Nana’B’Oozoo
>>
>>49031678
>Then why are you complaining about them?

So, wait, you make sure never to complain about anything ever unless it literally has incredible world-ruining repercussions?
>>
>>49032562
Good reason for society in general? No.
Good reason for a studio that has the expressed goal of trying to cut a profit? Yes.

That's capitalism. Our feels have nothing to do with what is best for the company making the product. They will do what makes them the most money, even if that continues to limit their audience. Because the risk factor of trying to break through that is not judged low enough for the possible profit of creating a product that MIGHT get a higher female audience or appeal to people who appreciate the effort.

Like, take Steven Universe and western animation. Female heavy show, created by a woman. It is super progressive, pushes boundaries, and is undoubtedly 'good' for society in its own way.

But the ratings for it can't beat small time reality shows in the same time block.

Because our feels don't turn into free money.
>>
>>49032562

>Sure sounds a lot like leering to me!

Aspel, please stop making a fool out of yourself. You clearly have no idea what Mulvey's theory is actually about and seem to only focus on the parts that support what you think it means while ignoring the larger context of the whole thing.
>>
>>49032628
Based fucking anon.

What's the general "feel" of the Pantheon and their Scions? General attitude? How would you describe their PSP?

Are stereotypes still in and if so, could you post how a random Pantheon feel about them?
>>
>>49032562
...All the parts talking about lingering on curves and calling her an 'object' are literally [citation needed]. You copied it right there.
>>
>>49032494
Personally i enjoyed the apocalyptic scenarios.
>>
>>49024887

Geist players aren't that rare. Shit, I played through a whole campaign, start to finish - save for periods where LIFE happened but eh
>>
>>49025202
>>49025249
I always like Geist the most because it represented cultural struggles, which in the Pacific Nw you have an influx of Asian, Old Anglos, and an old but still existing tribal culture. The perfect backdrop for cultural ghostly encounters.

But otherwise I ran it kinda like Jojo, because all the powers the characters got came out really weird. Had one who could control wind, and was bound to one of the Donner Party. Another was a washed up actor who became involved in a feud with a vampiric Steven Segal.

What a game!
>>
File: tumblr_m9gzm1RdSi1qc8k49.png (124KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9gzm1RdSi1qc8k49.png
124KB, 500x375px
>>49032415
>it's not coopted
>because it's been coopted
>>
>>49032792
We only have a few of the pantheons so far as the others are being worked on or something still. The Pantheon gives you a pantheon virtue, the PSP's up so far seem cool. Greeks get one that lets you just effortlessly disguise, or literally transform people or self into things. At char gen you can touch someone and turn them into a tree or a baboon or just a totally different human. Or do the same to yourself, if you pick a different boon.

Fluff is basically non existent save for where it is absolutely needed like Callings or purview descriptions, this is rules playtest. I'm running with 1e fluff for the moment though I hear Titans are getting radically changed. Probably for the better.
>>
>>49032858
>Selling cultural struggles
>To an audience of mostly fedora-clad White guys.

Hmmm...I appreciate the attempt, at least.
>>
>>49032415
>Second, Feminism is a diverse group that has actually achieved many of it's goals despite pushback, and continues to do so.

So achieving many of its goals is a good thing now? What are its goals?

>IS is a group that has actually achieved many of it's goals despite pushback, and continues to do so.
> Marxists are group that has actually achieved many of it's goals despite pushback, and continues to do so.
> The Tobacco lobby are group that has actually achieved many of it's goals despite pushback, and continues to do so.
>>
>>49032098
>But they chained themselves to a bunch of idiots

What are you supposed to do when you agree on one thing and disagree on other things, decide they have political cooties and disagree on the first thing out of spite?
>>
>>49032867
OH my quetions were specifically targeted towards the Manitouk
>>
>>49032957
Take a different name, then disavow them loudly.

The best part is that since gg only existed because of its catchy name, they really didn't have an easy way out.

Either they had a real issue to stand on, and it would follow them even after dropping the name. Or they would collapse as soon as they left the uplifting draft of their name.

Well, third option was to stick with a rotting ship... which they did.
>>
>>49032896
Nice tumblr meme bro
>>
>>49033002
And you magically repel the 'poisoners' from being in this name how.

There's not really membership requirements.
>>
>>49033002

So because of some shit that happened to videogames you're now not allowed to say you're pro men's rights? What a crock of shit.
>>
>read development pipeline
>Ian A. Watson

wait

is he *that* Ian A. Watson? The 40k author with a literal shit fetish?
>>
>>49032987
Oh, sure. I don't have much of a feel for the pantheon, lacking a real fluff segment, but their powers are about communing with your manitou (so I guess spirit guide?) for advice, dream quests, or sacred healing in return for favors or following bans they place on you.
>>
File: laughingslutshamer.gif (3MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughingslutshamer.gif
3MB, 400x400px
>>49033002
>real issues always get taken seriously and never get ignored without a huge gimmick to catch everyone else's attention
>>
Best true fae. https://youtu.be/ufrCIwNk1zc
>>
>>49033043
yeah you can't say you want honesty in video game reviews because then you're automatically lumped in with trump supporters

>>49033047
>is he *that* Ian A. Watson? The 40k author with a literal shit fetish?
no
you're thinking Ian Watson
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ian_Watson
thats why he put the A there
>>
File: doubt.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>49032896
>mostly fedora-clad
Who still wears memehats?

Yes I realize the irony if this reaction image.
>>
>>49024901
Is he pouring one out for the homies? Because that's pretty clever.
>>
>>49033134
The number is... unfortunately high.
I have a few friends who live and die by their fedoras. It saddens me, but I'm not going to be a dick to someone just because of their hat.
>>
>>49033140
He definitely is pouring one out for the homies. That's what he usually does after successfully busting a ghost.

The yandere onryo didn't understand that at first
>>
>>49031621
Kickstarter should role out in the next couple weeks. Hints of respect pour out, but who knows really
>>
>>49033047
I wish.
>>
File: 1465434995758.jpg (20KB, 387x428px) Image search: [Google]
1465434995758.jpg
20KB, 387x428px
>>49033129

>Ian Watson was born in 1943 and currently resides in Northampton, England. He has had a long and diverse career. After becoming a highly awarded and acclaimed Science Fiction Writer (Prix Apollo, 1975) he went on to single-handedly write the screenplay for Steven Spielberg's A.I. After this he has gone on to write a series of Erotica novels, which have become immensely popular.

fucking hell
>>
>>49032494

The alternate Attribute/Skill dot distribution at character creation is default at my table now.
>>
>>49033215
What's that?
>>
>>49033188
I've seen your bound posted a few times, but know nothing about him. Tell me about your sin eater.
>>
>>49032628

Who made the cut for the Netjer, and how does Heku work?
>>
For those who have done Promethean 2e... how prepped do you think a Storyteller needs to be with Milestones for each character?

I ran the first session without having them laid out, and now I'm worried. What if someone was going to hit a milestone in session one? Should that even be possible or should they be spread out further? Should I just have an idea of what possible milestones would be out there based on their five questions, current role, and the universal milestones... or should I take a character and be like 'this guy needs to do something like X to trigger this milestone'.
>>
>>49033410
I'm going to avoid talking more on mechanics since I don't know how far is okay with mechanics, but the Netjer are: Anubis, Bastet, Horus, Isis, Khnum, Maat, Osiris, Ptah, Re, Set, Sobek, Thoth

I will say though that Heku has a familiar Mummy power in it.
>>
>>49033521
You're anonymous, faggot, just tell us about mechanics
>>
File: 11.png (1MB, 1437x1615px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
1MB, 1437x1615px
>>49033333
checked

he's a second generation persian who fancied himself an actor but never really found any serious work. his "side job" was a waiter but he did the job with chutzpah; lots of tips by just being genuinely enthusiastic and flirty.

He lost a role in a very once-in-this-lifetime audition to a rival and on the drive home it was a dark and stormy night. noah himself would feel leery about the weather.

hydroplaned and crashed in to a power line pole and miraculously survived. in his shaken state he stepped out of the car and one of the power chords whipped around and fried him nine ways from sunday.

black haired onryo offered him a second chance because she was drawn to him plotting elaborate revenge against his rival in a joking and cathartic way on the drive home. liberal use of passion caul complemented with his idiosyncrasies and general attitude has driven his geist absolutely obsessed with him.

he's forgotten, geist is silent. his favorite manifestations are caul or marionette and his favorite keys are passion and industrial. their keystone memento is a small fine paintbrush that never runs out of ectoplasmic black ink.

he drives a '75 el dorado and is in a krewe with two people. he's the face/soul of the krewe, and the two other Bound make up the brains/mind, and the brawn/body; their shtick is mind body and soul. balanced living. they travel the country and bust ghosts and shoot the shit.

I can answer any other questions you may have
>>
>>49033521

Pretty much who I expected, though I thought the authentic names were getting in.

And you tease! I'm sufficiently excited for it. Do you have a favorite bit of the game so far, or an unexpected deity catch your eye? What characters did your players make?
>>
>>49033574
I'm friends with people involved in the project. I make it no secret I hang around on /tg/. It will take zero steps to connect the dots of who I am, so I am trying to keep things I share to reasonably informative and maybe exciting but not breaking NDA.

Sorry, anon.

>>49033698
I found char gen was fun. It took me an hour despite having never looked at this shit before, but I was able to thread a character history and motivation together through it. We aren't playing our first real session for over a week so I can't comment on how it feels in play. We literally were shared on things tonight, I made a character immediately just so the writers could see any information that needed clarification. I do like how you aren't locked into being certain things by your divine parent though. You could pretty easily make a scion of a war god who is mostly academic or social than picking up arms to kick ass. And if you do make a warrior son of war, you find it pretty easy to become a badass just as you build.
>>
>>49033784

Sounds awesome, though I didn't need to be sold on it. What/who did you wind up making?
>>
>>49033815
A Scion of Ares who is a drifter and turns his martial gifts towards protecting others. He was disenchanted with the gods at his visitation because the main things he knows about the Greek deities are 'lots of rape' and 'Jason and the Argonauts was a cool movie'. So he is trying to reconcile his heritage with personal motives out in the world.

He has a set of brass knuckles that can knock walls down and do miracles.
>>
>>49033852

Are the Theoi strictly Greek, or do the Romans and Etruscans sneak in there?
>>
>>49033912
Minimal fluff there so far. I know there's something about Mantles that have been mentioned in blog posts before which is extra identities for gods, so I figure the Theoi are Roman okay too since Jupiter is clearly Zeus.
>>
>>49032562
Haha you got bant.
>>
>>49033639
Nice. I love his death.
>I survived a terrible car crash!
>ZAP.
He reminds me a bit of my mage, but substitute waiter with bartender. Also, didn't know your Geist could have a different threshold than the bound.
>>
>>49026044
Goddamn that is some cool art.
>>
>>49034429
>Also, didn't know your Geist could have a different threshold than the bound.

yup yup says it right in the rule book. they usually share a threshold but nothing is stopping any geist from making the Bargain with anyone who fits their criteria.

what path is your mage? what's their personality like?
>>
File: 1464176711865.png (300KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1464176711865.png
300KB, 750x1000px
Gah, I wish my last Mage game hadn't died.

I was champing at the bit to go on a fun adventure, travelling the 7 Seas, "borrowing" artifacts from native cultures and fighting off Seers, all with the ultimate goal of helping an old Thyrsus restore the ancient Court of the Sea, for his true love Nāmaka, Celestine of the Ocean.
>>
>>49033521

IS IT THE METEOR POWER

>>49033940

Who are the Greeks in the book?
>>
>>49034934
The Olypmians. All of your favorites and Hestia who people always forget. Nothing really shocking here.
>>
>>49034972
Hestia with the Chestia!
>>
File: JoshTroy.jpg (207KB, 1689x2362px) Image search: [Google]
JoshTroy.jpg
207KB, 1689x2362px
>>49034584
He's an Acanthus. Pretty flirty, easy going and coasted through a lot of his life. He's obviously curious, and is responsible for most of the trouble that finds his friends. He's in a crossover campaign. His best friend is actually a sin-eater.
>>
>>49034994
Was Hestia drawn with serious tits in 1e or something or do you just enjoy rhymes?
>>
>>49034994
Hestia Bestia Breastia
>>
>>49035159
Alternative inspirations.
>>
>>49035193
Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.
>>
>>49034972

What do the various Geneses do, if anything? Which ones are in the book?
>>
>>49035325
Not in the beta that I saw. May be added in later. I think they're pretty much purely fluff, but you may get different Calling rules or something if you are an imbued mortal or a statue brought to life or something.
>>
>>49035471

Was there anything about mortal sorcerers, or playing as things like satyrs? Who are the antagonists in a Scion game? How many Paths does your character have, and what are they?
>>
>>49035525
Sort of and sort of. There's rules on antagonists in the core section of the same name but no PC rules. What we have right now seems to be the bare bones necessary to play Scions themselves and we're doing basically shakedown games where we chime in with anything weird or needing tweaking as we go along. I understand magical creatures and mortals are both going to be in Origins and probably not too dissimilar from Scions when you make one as a PC, just without the divine heritage stuff. Or I could be dead fucking wrong, fuck if I know. There's nothing for us at the moment

Titans are still a thing but getting changed.

Three, and they are Origin, Role, and Relationships. You basically write a one sentence phrase for each to represent your character and how they became who they are. The Origin and Role ones form the basis of your first skill ranks.
>>
>>49035611
Anyway, I have got to fucking sleep. Night people. I'll be back in time here or in a Scion thread to talk about how the game feels in play I'm sure.
>>
>>49027813

>Mage: The Awakening
Fantasia
>Hunter: The Vigil
Beauty & The Beast
>Promethean: The Created
Pinocchio
>Changeling: The Lost
Alice in Wonderland
>Geist: The Sin-Eaters
Ratatouille
>Mummy: The Curse
Idk
>Beast: The Primordial
Peter Pan
>Werewolf: The Forsaken
The Lady & The Tramp
>>
>>49035927
Could have at least gone with Brother Bear for Werewolf.
>>
>>49035927
>>Beast: The Primordial
>Peter Pan
So Peter is an Ugallu who carries children off into his lair in the clouds, and Hook is his Hero?
>>
>>49035957

Forgot about that one.

>>49035988

Perfect.
>>
>>49036060
Also I'd guess that those kids that don't become heroes die because they chucked themselves off tall buildings trying to fly.
>>
>>49034584
Oh yeah, now that he's a bound, does he still try for his acting gig? What does he do to, you know, feel alive?
>>
>>49035927
>Mummy
Sleeping Beauty
>>
>>49035988
changeling is much more like peter pan
>buncha stupid kids get taken away by some magic fairy and become able to fly
>>
>>49036635
But what does that make Hook?
>>
>>49036845
He's Gentry too
>>
>>49036905
But is he different Gentry to the the one that presents itself to kids as Peter? Or are they both part of a single True Fae?
>>
>>49031006
>People who "cite South Park" as actual biting cultural satire with wit and point should be patted on the head and ushered out of the room so the adults can have conversations.

Such arrogance Mr. Principal.
>>
Are there mimics, or anything similar to mimics, in Vampire? I have a great story idea and want to include them.
>>
>>49037051
Almost certainly different.
Gentry get no sustenance from conflict with themselves.
>>
>>49031904
It's a ridiculously disbalancing factor in Mage to Mage interactions. If only one side uses it, they're guaranteed enough potency to blow any resistances or warding spell the fuck out. If both sides use it, that inflates potency values to heights clearly not intended by the developers, if the warding spells are anything to judge expected levels by.
>>
>>49037448
All Mages can turn on Mage Sight to see if another person's using Magic, and can automatically detect any new spells being cast near them.

Dropping all unexplained spells before engaging in negotiations or interaction seems fair and a reasonable demand on the part of paranoid Mages. Certain spells like Words of Truth exempted of course.
>>
File: 1470748023662.png (14KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1470748023662.png
14KB, 203x209px
>>49037504
What are you talking about? I don't really see what that has to do with anything. Casting Exceptional Luck can be done instantly and without mana expenditure. Are you saying that it's unlikely for someone with Exceptional Luck up to approach a Mage without them knowing, and that's why it isn't a good spell? That just doesn't work to prove a point because the same principle applies to literally every single spell, though the potential supplemental benefits of Exceptional Luck to all of your casting still remain just as ludicrous as always when compared to what other spells can put out.
>>
>>49033170
I once bought a Fedora for myself, just because I could. That was before I learned what a memetic mess it was. Now, I look at it wistfully sighing "In another life..."
>>
>>49037569
I was meaning that a Mage might refuse to talk to anyone that they can see is using a Fate spell.

Would you talk to someone who could read your mind? Oh, you meant combat and such, not talking.
>>
>>49036335
*giggle**snort*
>>
>>49038024
New Thread: >>49038343
>>
>>49032867
Are the Aesir getting a new PSP? Because Jotunblut was absolute trash, and I never want to see it's like again.
>>
>>49032344
I like how the janitor deleted only half the shitposts, but not the other half.
>mod bias in action, I guess
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.