[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General - AAAAAAAAAAND TWWWWWIIIIIIIIINS edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 23

File: The-Two-Viktorias.jpg (598KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
The-Two-Viktorias.jpg
598KB, 1152x864px
Books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Thread topics:
>starting box(s) and individual models to get new players into the game on the cheap

>best guesses on what will happen during the newly announced september event http://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2016/8/25/divergent-paths-event
>>
>>48986252
This.

>>48986930
Agreed. I love wyrd, and their models are pretty great looking when assembled, but they really need to work on how things fit together.

Having tiny pieces like Wong's mustache be a separate piece is terrible.
>>
>>48987405
>>starting box(s) and individual models to get new players into the game on the cheap
Most of the starting boxes are cheap and a great start. Might be good to point out the ones a that don't do a great job, or have models you're unlikely to use later.
>>
>>48987487
It's also probably not a bad idea to call out boxes that give models you'll use a lot of. I'll start running through the list and see what I can see on both sides.
>>
>>48987405
>starting box(s) and individual models to get new players into the game on the cheap
Starter box and Sonnia for Guild or Lilith for Neverborn.

>best guesses on what will happen during the newly announced september event
I get to lead the Guild to another glorious victory.
>>
>>48987405
I just picked this game up and is my first skirmish tabletop. I bought the Ulix Starter Crew along with a box of Piglets and a box of Slop Haulers. Anything else I should look at picking up? I was eyeing Gracie and the Sow but wasn't sure what else.
>>
>>48987561
Gracie and the Sow are great.
Lenny is a big one too, since he hands out Rams, he can up the damage output of anything with ram tiggers, like Gracie.

More piglets is probably a good idea. Ulix (and to a lesser degree Lenny) can summon them by the handful.
>>
>>48987561
Pigapult
>>
>>48987509
Alright, starting by faction. I'll note this isn't a list of masters that are good and bad in general, these are ones that are good or bad to buy for a first time player.

Guild:
Good (works well, has models that are useful across the faction)
-Perdita (Great synergy, models useful in any guild list, make your opponents hate you)
-Sonnia (Works well together, you may use the occasional witchling in other lists)
-Lady J (Works well together, death marshals are solid minions)

Bad (Doesn't work well, has models that will be rarely used)
-McMourning (While the box works well, you can't use most of the models outside of lists with him in the Guild)
-Lucius (one of the weakest masters in the game, models are okay I guess)

Ressers:
Good-
-McMourning (Good synergy and models you'll use in a huge number of Resser lists)
-Seamus (Easy to pick up, models you'll use in a huge number of Resser lists)

Bad-
-Tara (Models that can only be used with her, complex master)
-Yan Lo (Few models you'll use outside of him, complex master)
-Nicodem (Relies heavily on having a large pool of models to play effectively)
-Molly (Relies heavily on having a large pool of models to play effectively)
-Kirai (Relies heavily on having a large pool of models to play effectively, not actually playable in box v box games)

cont.
>>
>>48987561
a warpig and merris probably will give you the most milage
>>
>>48987749
Molly only relies on having punk zombies.
>>
>>48987690
Not sure how I feel about the pigapult.
The damage is great, but you're sacing a 4pt model to a 9pt model to get a couple shots off.

The repositioning is pretty great, but Lenny does a good job of that too (10"+2-3 walks vs 24" inches and paralyze)
>>
>>48987749
I'll add Nellie and McCabe to the good. They're a bit more complex, based on their supportive nature, but their boxes are useful and they work just fine with a few additions (Peacekeeper and austringers, done)
>>
>>48987811
Yeah, she want's less stuff then Nico does.
But to play optimally, you should have quite a few models, so you'll have options.
>>
>>48987749
Looks good so far.
>>
>>48987749
I should note that I'm not including the new masters because I know very little about them.

Neverborn:
I don't know anything about them, nobody here plays them.

Arcanists
Good
-Ramos (Powerful master, Howard and Joss can be put in any Arcanist list)
-Colette (Powerful master, though a bit complex, models can be used in most lists)
-Rasputina (Great beginner master, though you won't use many of her models for other arcanist lists)

Bad
-Marcus (Powerful master but you will use almost nothing from here in non-marcus lists)
-Ironsides (Very complex master, though the minions are alright)

Outcasts
Good
-Von Schill (Straightforward master, models can be used in a wide variety of lists)
-Viktoria of Ashes (Straightforward master, models can be used in a wide variety of lists)

Bad
-Hamelin, Jack Daw, Leveticus (Complex master, models primarily used only with boxed master)
>>
>>48987811
>>48987836
Starting with Molly, you can do well with her crew box, Seamus, punks, Hanged, and drowned. It's not everything, but it's a good start and not too hard on the wallet.
>>
>>48988048
Absolutely, but my list was written from the perspective of "A new player wants to buy one box to see what they like, what box should that be". In that situation, Molly would be a really, really bad choice.
>>
>>48987749
If you include the new masters, I'd say Reva is a good start. The models are nifty and she seems to have a lot of synergies with other resser models.
>>
>>48988048
I'd probably still not recommend it. If you pick up McMourning and Seamus (which both stand alone) you'll have most of the bit's you'd want.
>>
>>48987998
The last two I am really not very familiar with, sadly, so someone else can take a look at Gremlins, TT, and Neverborn and do a writeup for potential new players.
>>
>>48987649
>>48987690
>>48987750
Thanks for the recommendations. Nice to see I had the basic idea down right then for Ulix 'n Pigs.
>>
Does anyone know some good sites for 10T battle reports?
>>
>>48987448
Some models have such bad scale that it's off-putting.
Like the samurai dudes with gatling guns. the kneeling one not the same scale as the others.

Then there's a dude from the rail crew i think, or the ten thunders starter with an arm that reaches down to his ankle.

Are there any more fucked up sculpts like this or are these the only culprits?
>>
Didn't know there was already a new thread
>>48983724
You misunderstand, others can grant him the second movement 0.
>>48985115
I'm not playing him in ressers, but why underwhelmed? I think you have to see him in action to really appreciate all he offers.
>>
>>48988136
Ten Thunders
Good
-Lynch (Gives a lot of room for error, great crew, incredibly strong)
-Misaki (Doesn't require synergy, good crew, really straightforward)
-Mei Feng (Great crew, versatile master, straightforward)

Bad
-McCabe (Okay crew, needs lots of extras, medium difficulty)
-Shenlong (Great Henchman, worthless minions, complex)
-Yan Lo (Minions can't be used with other TT masters, very complex)
-Brewmaster (Crew can't be used with other TT masters, very complex)
>>
>>48987998
Gremlins:
Good
_Somer (Powerful and versitile master, plays well right out of the box will need many more models if you want to run him as a horde summoner Bayou Gremlins and Lenny are must haves in a lot of lists)
-Ophelia (Great Beginner master, Francois and the other kin are good in other lists)
-Zipp (Bit more complex control/scheme master, good box)

Okay
-Brewmaster (Complex master, models aren't often used in other lists.)
-Mah (Straight forward master, Bayou Bushwhackers don't see a lot of play)
-Wong (Slightly more complex master, lightning bugs don't see a lot of play)
>>
>>48988622
Who are you running him with?

Mostly in Ressers you can get better beaters or movement shenanigans for the same points. He's not particularly durable for a 13 point model, especially since his healing is capped at 4.

The only real use I can see, is with Nico for a more aggressive version of Mortimer. At 13 points (the same as Mort with Corpse Bloat and Shovel) he can potentially drop 1 corpse a turn up field as instead of 2 a turn back field.
>>
>>48987749
Hoffman?
>>
>>48987405
are the viktorias a good starting crew? its what my friend is most interested in, how to expand to have a decent model pool for 50ss games?
>>
How does Lord Chompy Bits work?
>>
>>48988853
Hoffman's in between. He could work as a starter master, but he's not the best at it. I was only really listing the standout boxes for a new player, good or bad, not the ones that are kind of in the middle.
>>
>>48988879

The Viks are mobile buzzsaws. They cut a bloody swathe through enemies and are one of the more lethal close combat box sets. Total glass cannons though, so there's some finesse needed to get them close and do their business. They're great for assassination missions, and their box set comes with Ronin which are solid melee beatsticks that go well in a number of Outcast lists. Taelor is also just a great overall model, and she can put some serious hurt on Arcanist and Rezzers.

Overall they're a good starting crew, mostly because they're very straightforward: get in close and smash their faces in. If your friend wants to expand, he can't go wrong with a Friekorps Librarian for some healing and magical back-up. The Strongarm Suit brings some more melee to the list, and the Trapper adds some much-needed range to a list lacking in it. Vanessa is a Sister, which means any abilities that the Viks have will affect her too, and she fulfills much the same role as the Librarian (but with better tricks).
>>
>>48987819
It's a good thing lenny can make ammo in every list and ulix and sow can just pump it out.

Also stuffed piglets are only cost two and are better than piglets for ammo
>>
>>48988647
McCabe doesn't really need that much. A big beater (Izamu) and austringers/snipers, plus obligatory hounds and you're golden.
>>
>>48988853
Pretty self-contained, just needs Ryle/Peacekeeper/Ramos box to be complete. Hardest part is learning activation order. Armor crews can also be matchup reliant.
>>
>>48989128
Pretty much this. I'm not big on the strong arm suit. I think I'd pick up Killjoy and Johan first. Killjoy is another big threat/beater. Johan hits above his weight class and being able to remove conditions is amazing against some crews.
>>
>>48989145
>Also stuffed piglets are only cost two and are better than piglets for ammo
True. Harder to make on the fly though.

I think I might try it more with Ophelia. She can Oooh a girl! it forward for mobile terrain.
>>
Neverborn
>Good
Lilith (easy to learn, lots of depth, good models)

Lynch (easy to learn, crazy damage potential, good models)

Zoraida (good models, deep hiring pool, fairly straightforward with lots of fun tricks)

Titania (self contained crew, maybe a little harder to learn)

Maybe
Collodi (tricky to learn, needs a lot of models to play well)

Pandora (crew works well enough, but can be an NPE to learn with and against)

Bad
Lucius (no in-faction models in the box, tricky to learn, weakest master in the game)

Dreamer (lots of summons, only about 15SS out of the box)
>>
>>48988967
>>48989224
Thank you guys for the responses I'm thinking about getting the Hoffman box or the somer box. With the Hoffman box I'd also pick up Ryle, a warden and the emissary. With the somer box I'd pick up Sammy, burt and Grace.
>>
>>48988647
I think that Mei Feng needs more for her crew than McCabe does. Overall I think that these lists are very helpful, even for someone who already plays the game considering which box to pick up next.
>>
>>48989421
>Sammy, burt and Grace.
Good choices. Sammy can run summoning duty.
Burt and Gracie get nuts with rams from Lenny or Somer.
>>
>>48989421
>>48989481
Don't forget Slop Haulers, if you don't have them already.

Best dedicated healers in the game.
>>
>>48989421
The emissary is great with Hoffman. It also opens you up to add just about anything to his crew since he can make the emissary bury something and then make it use the buried model's actions. Shenanigans forever.

Big things for Hoffman are also the Ramos box for Howard, Joss, and a spider swarm as well as metal gamin to make his casting virtually automatic.

For Som'er, you're gonna want more bayous and slop haulers. Burt, Gracie, and Sammy are good, as well.
>>
>>48989481
>>48989498
>>48989517
So I know for Hoffman some of his upgrades that would be really needed would be the MS&U and what else? For somer with what I'd be getting plus the slop haulers what would be good for somer other than the kin upgrade?
>>
>>48989558
Sorry meant family tree upgrade
>>
>>48989558
Swamp Gas is good. Especially with Skeeters.
Dirty Cheater is good too.
The summoning upgrade will probably go on Sammy so he can stick in the backfield and summon.
>>
how does guild lucius compare to neverborn? i realize he's terrible (i confess to not knowing enough about the game yet) but he looks cool so i'm gonna play him a bit. being able to paralyze minions because they failed a wp check sucks but i could use westrels to pass/ignore that.
>>
>>48989875
General consensus is he plays like Zorida but worse.
They just added a minon that's right up his ally, it's a 9 soulsstone beater that auto passes horror tests instead of being immune to them.

But they also just released a new master with a ranged attack that a built in trigger that lets a friendly model get a 1 mi action swing in, or potentially push a model 5inches towards a friendly model who then gets a swing in. So it looks like she'll be doing Lucius' role better, with a bigger bag of tricks.
>>
>>48988737
> Lighting bugs don't see a lot of play.

Wut.
>>
>>48989875
Guild Lucius has the lovely new Witchling Thralls to help him out, plus the terracotta soldiers working with everything. Death Marshals and Witchling Stalkers are always good as well.

Lucius just takes too many resources to do his job. He's far from an auto lose and he is the coolest master in the game.
>>
>>48990229
Ymmv seem kind of expensive for what they do. Never seen them outside of a Wong crew.
>>
>>48990229
Unless armor is a thing, there are cheaper/better choices.
>>
so they only get used against half of the factions?
>>
>>48991056
Exactly. Why take a minion that only works on half the factions?

Gremlins have a lot of great choices for dealing damage or running schemes. Lighting bugs are thoroughly okay, which means they often get outclassed by the better stuff.
>>
File: first mate and first bitch.jpg (423KB, 1252x1480px) Image search: [Google]
first mate and first bitch.jpg
423KB, 1252x1480px
>>48982121
first mate and the cuck himself done except for basing

What to paint next? in no particular order:
3x Lightning Bugs
3x Survivors
3x Iron Skeeter
Lovely Assistant
Nightmare Whiskey Golem
Zipp
>>
>>48991227
Looks great.
Zipp or the survivors.
>>
File: NdZEGKvr.jpg (80KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
NdZEGKvr.jpg
80KB, 1252x1252px
>>48991258
If I do end up doing zipp next, the real question is do I go off his box art or go for a zapp brannigan look?
>>
>>48991303
Definitely Zapp.
I keep getting their names confused as it is.
>>
>>48991303
>>48991404
Shit, now I need to take show off upgrade somewhere
>stop exploding you cowards!
>>
>>48991534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eowPka21BNc

alright, zapp it is
>>
>>48991534
Lmao

Stuffed pigs might be a good investment with Zapp, the iron skeeters could hand deliver them.
>>
Quick rules question, /tg/: Do you suffer falling damage when getting Pushed? Had a sniper on a building get hit with Challenge of Winter, which is 'push into base contact', and I wasn't sure how to rule it.
>>
>>48992475
pushed yes
placed no

>pg44. models moving off elevations and falling suffer no damage if the fall was 2" or less. If the fall was more than 2" the fall deals 1 damage per 1", or fraction thereof, fallen.
>pg 46. a push is an effect that moves a model in a straight line

so the push moves a model to the edge of terrain, the rules for terrain state that if a model moves to the edge it falls off.
>>
>>48992475
Yes you would fall. Only a placement effect would avoid it, like Lilith's tangle shadows.
>>
>>48992663
> A push is not a normal move, and it does not count as a "move" for rules purposes.
p. 43, big book.
>>
>>48992694
mr. rich guy over here with the big book
>>
>>48992475
Yes. That's why you gotta be careful placing snipers up high.

>>48992694
Pushes don't count as a "move" but they still count as movement.
>>
>>48992854
What's the difference between a move and movement?
>>
>>48993167
>any time a model is moving across the table it is called movement, or the model's move

>areas of terrain can effect movement

models movement is subject to other rules that can limit movement like terrain

a move is subject to the rules of that move, be it push, place, or whatever rule you are using. for example the rules for push say that the model is moved in a straight line with the additional restriction of not being able to pass through impassable objects or climb
>>
>>48987749
Book 4 turns Lucius on.
>>
With thrills and teracotta Warriors Lucius can almost ignore the resources he'd have to use to make things go.

I wonder who will take up the mantle
>>
>>48993339
Yeah, but Book 4 shit is broken across the board compared to book 3 and before, so that doesn't mean much. Anyone who got any sort of support in Book 4 is now 2 tiers higher than they were.
>>
>>48993339
He does get some good stuff.
Unfortunately it looks like Nellie does his shtick but better.

>>48993396
>I wonder who will take up the mantle
Mantle of worst?
Kaeris? Mah?
>>
>>48992846
It's what's in the OP's pdf cache. Sue me.
>>
>>48987405
I really hate that hair.
>>
>>48993645
I can get that. Sort of has an unnecessary anime vibe.
>>
File: zipp brannigan.jpg (1MB, 4160x1568px) Image search: [Google]
zipp brannigan.jpg
1MB, 4160x1568px
>>48991258
>>48991404
>>48991534

Gremlins you're lucky grots. Soon, you'll all be fighting for your bayou. many of you will be dying for your bayou. A few of you will be put through a fine mesh screen for your bayou. They will be the luckiest of all.
>>
>>48994048
as always, basing not done~

What to paint next? in no particular order:
3x Lightning Bugs
3x Survivors
3x Iron Skeeter
Lovely Assistant
Nightmare Whiskey Golem

also need to finish painting the alternate sculpt bayou that a nice anon sold me the other day :^)
>>
>>48994048
Glad I could sell that to you. Can't wait to see it when it's done. Saturday I'm committed to working on my own paints for Parker, debating on paint scheme since I'm using forest base inserts.

I know my brother picked up Yan Lo's box ( sigh...I get to fight the beard), and asked for me to attempt a Dynasty Warriors setup.
>>
>>48994048
>>48994141
And because I'm dumb I forgot to say but that is an awesome paint job! I kinda feel like there's some Roger Wilco from Space Quest 5 there too (andthatimmediatelyagesme)
>>
>>48994141
>I get to fight the beard
As a Ten Thunders player, the beard honestly wasn't as bad as the whole of the female guild guard.
>>
>>48994141
Getting Reva off the sprue with a broken exacto knife is a balancing act
>>
>>48994048
That sceme looks amazing for Zipp.
Great work.
>>
>>48994156
Lol we can be old together.
Reminisce about the good old days and plungers to the face.
>>
I'm going to start my Malifaux General Hospital Staff.
I haven't made a list yet but total minis wise I'll have both McMourning and his 'On The Clock' crew, the Grimwell crew, a child (Junior Assistant Surgeon), a few lawyers (in case of malpractice litigation), a few assorted guards and maybe a few reporters (secretaries, press, surgery photography). I'm planning on having a small pool of staff to give me more flexibility.

I also noticed I never even assembled my Doppelganger for my Lilith crew so I'm wondering what a role she could proxy as a patient. Probably just be an objective counter.
>>
>>48994048
Reminds me of Marvin the Martian. I dig it
>>
>>48994312
*laughs* What's your astrochicken high score old-anon
>>
>>48993431
It's not that bad.
>>
>>48995056
Let me guess, Neverborn player?
>>
>>48993524
As an Arcanist, I think Kaeris is pretty sad.

It's okay though since the rest of the faction is pretty pants on head retarded.
>>
>>48995056
Arcanists and Outcasts. Titania don't scare me.
>>
>>48995083
Mah is far worse than Kaeris.
>>
>>48991227
I remember being so excited for that Sailor, but the pose is so fucking bland... I am pretty letdown.
>>
>>48993339
what did lucius get exactly?

>I still need to put that nigga together, and his lawyers
>>
>>48995631
yeah, it does seem rather static, especially compared to the rest of the box... and the fact he is a slurid
>>
>>48995676
Are the iron skeeters any good? Has anyone used them yet?
>>
>>48995674
Big beater minions who auto pass horror duels and terracotta warriors who can give him upgrades (hideous interaction with curfew) and can discard a card to take no damage when Lucius uses them to keep his stones topped off
>>
>>48995732
yes YES

Lucy's day has finally come.
>>
>>48995699
I haven't but I've heard they're amazing.
>>
>>48995773
If I played guild, I'd have worked to make lucius work. So I'm happy to see him get buffs
>>
>>48991227
>>48994048
>>First mate isn't a beast
Time to throw Marcus into the trash and get some gremlins.

But seriously if at some point I get Zipp to make a thematic crew what else could I add to fill it out? I'm looking at Sparks and the Mech Pork Chop.
>>
>>48995884
a nice anon posted his fluff article a few threads back if you want some more ideas

survivors have nice synergy, merris would look cool with him
>>
>>48995925
Zipp Brannigan anon. I will buy you a beer if you somehow make Leila Turanga as Merris.
>>
>>48995955
I would if I didn't already have merris painted :(
>>
I'm boggled that they buffed Jack Daw so hard. The bigger they are and dead bandits are fucking pushed
>>
>>48996136
The paint job was awesome enough that I can forgive. But I fully expect to hear batreps about them tag teaming to be jerks.
>>
>>48995955
I'll make one for you anon

how much beer we talking?
>>
>>48996220
As many as I can get on bison dollars...though I'm busy debating on whether to go robin hood or Ocelot unit for my Parker crew...and then there's the guilder store next month and Missfire.
>>
>>48996219
I haven't even played a game of malifaux yet haha, just have the entire gremlin faction
>>
>>48996321
If you were in the nova area, I'd play you! Need some practice anyway.
>>
>>48996353
Thanks but im over in socal, im afraid. waiting on my buddy to get back from his business trip to learn together.
>>
>>48996415
Keep us posted on how it goes. And just remember, nothing says lulz then having Trixi shake her butt at a sniper to push him out a sniper nest to his death or Burt Jebsen doing 15 damage without ever making an attack.

((as you can guess, both happened to meeeeee! Funniest part was when Burt Red Jokered Montressor when he tried and failed to disengage strike.))
>>
>>48994048
>I suffer from a very sexy scheme disability. What do I call it, Kif?
>sigh... Insexnificant
>>
>>48995699
There pretty mobile and can drag ht1 models asking and give them fast. They don't look like much on thier own, but they add a lot of mobility and with reckless, you can have models with 4 general ap.
>>
>>48996534
hahaha
>>
>>48996353
Semi-new player here - where in the Nova area? I'm in South Jersey, and I've only got two others locally to play against - and they both started at the same time I did, which means we're likely getting shit wrong. I'd love to get some games in against a Real Player.
>>
>>48997074
I'm in Baltimore, but I often take the Light Rail to Games and Stuff for Thorsday. Do you ever head up there for the tournaments?
>>
>>48997187
N'aah. I'm not in a good position to leave the state often right now - New Jersey's a trap. There's no tolls to get in, but a huge toll to get out.
>>
>>48988921
When Dreamer summons daydreams he gets a waking condition. When he gets Waking +4 you bury him, remove all condisions and summon Chompy within 6'. He doesn't get slow but loses 3 Wd instead.
>>
>>48997208
Damn. Good luck with your search though. What do you and your crew play? I started with McM (Resser) for a year and jumped ship to outcast.
>>
>>48997316
I've got a bunch of Ten Thunders stuff - Autismbux and wargaming being my main hobby says I've picked up Mei Feng, McCabe (+ Nightmare ver), Yan Lo, and Shenlong, plus a bunch of other shit that caught my eye in the faction.

My friend Bri has a Colette crew from 1e, Kaeris, the Firestarter, the Eternal Flame, 2 Gunsmiths, 3 Oxfordian Mages, a Rail Golem, a Razorspine Rattler, Miss Fire, and is picking up the Titania and Pandora boxes and branching out. She is, correspondingly, a bit of a bitch and a half to play against.

Bill has been playing longer than either of us, though I don't know how long he's been playing and how long he's just been collecting (The latter far more than the former, but how much?). He's got a full thematic Jakob Lynch crew and a matching Lucius crew, as well as Rasputina, though I don't know what else he has in his box. I'm getting the feeling he's holding back a little to make us feel good and just enjoy the day instead of stressing too much? But that could be projecting.
>>
>>48997394
>Titania
>Branching out
Oh you.

But sounds like you got a solid fun group to play against.
>>
>>48997498
> Titania, Pandora, and Colette
> Fun to play against
Yeah okay.

I picked up Perdita just for funsies, and may have hooked a local card game player - I didn't realize at the time, but he'll play basically anything as long as it has badass hispanics in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Trying to find it in me to finish these but they are so damn boring to paint for some reason :|
>>
Could someone post fluff for Vincent?
>>
>>48988647
I was thinking about either Lynch or Misaki. What should I buy next to expand their crew?
>>
Ugh can't wait to get done with class today, gonna be a lot of malifaux related stuff this weekend, tonight gonna start on my thunders, tomorrow I've got all day to paint and maybe get one more practice game in, and then Sunday we've got our two list tournament that already has 14 people signed up to go. Representing gremlins with my Bacon and Whiskey lists.
>>
>>48993524

Between the Rooster Riders and the werepigs Mah finally can run enough Gremlin typed melee beaters to make her buffs worthwhile.
>>
>>48997543
Too much flourish, not enough substance.
>>
>>48989188
2/3rd of that is Guild though, so if you want to start building a TT crew you're gonna need more on top of that.
>>
>>48989224
Are there any tenants or a general procedure for evaluating gamestate and determining activation order?
>>
>>48999184
Any 10T crew gets good benefit from thunder brothers (excellent scheme runners), snipers (ranged support), shadow effigy (cheap schemer), Lone Swordsman (cheapish melee who can punch above his weight), and Sensei Yu (pushes, gives out fast)

Lynch likes his darkened models, so depleted, beckoners, and stitched. Anybody who discards cards is good with Lynch. Shadow Emissary is also great for the pushes and passing out conditions.

Misaki likes models that can work on their own since she runs off on her own a lot. Yamaziko and Lust are good for draining cards from your opponent's hand. Smoke and Shadows is great for shunting torakage, jorogumo, or even oiran around.
>>
>>49000568
Generally, you can activate Hoff early the turn before things get decisive (usually turn 2 or 3) so he can get his dudes looped in and powered up. Then you can go a whole next turn with loops up and Hoffman can activate last to keep it up as long as possible.
>>
>>49000684
Is shadow Effigy really worth it? His condition seems pretty underwhelming and though I like the scheme ability, it's probably not going off uncheated.
>>
>>49000712
Even without Remember the Mission, he's a significant minion with Df6, hard to kill, and armor for only 4SS. Almost always a good buy.
>>
>>49000684
>>49000712
I personally prefer Izamu over the Swordsman. Just gives that little bit more oomph and holds up a bit better, too. But besides that this is a solid core for all of TT really. Maybe include the Emissary.

As for Lynch, it's largely preference. I rarely play on Brilliance unless I happen to take an Illuminated. I much prefer making good use of abilities like Flurry (Ototo) and Rapid Fire (Archers) and the TTB. Also with Yin and Ama no Zako both being terrifying and Ama having an obey, Huggy, Yin and Ama can very easily obey models into each other's auras and cheat in aces on the horror duels to essentially paralyse them forever. I pick Yu over the Shadow Emissary every single time because giving Lynch fast and the extra mulligan are just too good to pass up. If I would take the Emissary I'd only take him with the + to minion flips upgrade because discarding two aces for two cards is really just an amazing deal. But that would mean not taking Yu, which hurts.

Misaki can work with any crew as long as that crew can save themselves (which most TT models can). Some ranged support, some beaters, some tanks. Yu goes amazing with her too - the Shadow Emissary generally just can't keep up.

The Shadow Effigy hardly has amazing abilities, but they are very good for his price. And with his armor, HtK and Ml7 he can easily scheme and tie models up. And the - to any attack can be a lifesaver. The scheme ability you should just ignore.
>>
Just getting started with Malifaux in my local gaming group. Based solely on the miniatures I've decided to run a Lucius-led Neverborn gang. Based on what I've read here and other forums, this seems like one of the most difficult (or one of the worst) gangs to run. But is it possible to make it playable? Illuminated and the Doppelganger are often mentioned as good minions/henchmen, but is it viable to run a pure neverborn team or would it be smarter to have a mix of guild/neverborn? The Guild Lawyers look nice but otherwise I really prefer the monsters.. am I just doomed to a frustrating experience with Lucius NB?
>>
>>49001155
Lucius is playable, but his abilities are often expensive to pull off. Where, say, Zoraida needs a 7 to make a model perform an action, Lucius needs an 8 and a suit. It'll be a steep learning curve, but it can be rewarding when it all clicks.

Lucius likes minions he can boss around, a beater or two he can reposition with What Lackeys Are For, and then just strat/scheme dependent picks.

You don't need guardsmen, but if you're taking a lawyer you can fit some in. Austringers are great shooting that neverborn usually lack. A terracotta warrior is a a Ten Thunders mimic that Lucius can use to farm soul stones off of without killing it as is normally the case. Plus it can replace Surprisingly Loyal with a more useful upgrade in game.

Something like this would work for Neverborn Lucius

Lucius w/ Secret Assets, Surprisingly Loyal
Primordial Magic
Envy w/ Retribution's Eye
Doppelganger
Austringer
Lawyer
Terracotta
3 Changelings

That's more of a wonky gunline with doppelganger and changelings copying guns.

A more straightforward crew could work with illuminated and changelings or tots running schemes.
>>
>>49001155
I think the biggest problem with NB Lucius is you'll either focus on his Obey-like abilities and should've picked Zoraida, or you'll be building a general NB goodstuff list and probably should've picked Lilith.

Obviously having access to Guild models will give you more flexibility than not, but there's enough stuff in NB that a completely in-faction list should be playable.

You'll be at a disadvantage, doubly so because you're master is generally considered kind of bad and because you're artificially limiting your model pool, but probably not by so much that the game will be unplayably frustrating,

I would definitely grab Illuminated and a Doppelganger. Graves is a great big beater who can help move the somewhat slower Illuminated around.

Waldgeists and Stitched Together are some higher tier minions in the faction that each have their own way of making cover for a mostly melee crew.

Finally, from the new book, Titania's crew will also like Lucius' ability to drop scheme markers around. There's also the Terracotta Warrior, but I'm not sure if you're interested in it.

All in all, you can do it and it probably won't be completely terrible, but if you like Lilith or Zoraida at all I'd pick them instead.
>>
In the midst of assembling the Reva crew. What kind of paint scheme should I give 'em?
>>
>>49001792
If you're not into the nun look, how about doing them up like saints? White, gold, ornamentation, that sort of thing.
>>
>>49002240
Hmm.. I could get behind that
>>
File: crsd.jpg (202KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
crsd.jpg
202KB, 1600x1200px
>>49001792
DEUS VULT
>>
File: eldiadelosmuertos.jpg (30KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
eldiadelosmuertos.jpg
30KB, 236x354px
>>49001792
>>
>>49001792
You could paint her up like Little Red Riding Hood.

Draugr would make a pretty good woodsman.

You're on your own for the big bad wolf and granny.
>>
>>49000842
>>49000852
Yes, but basically all of the effigies have those same abilities. I'm just disappointed ours seems to comparatively provide far less utility.
>>
>>49002337
Granny could be the corpse candles as she protected them for quite some time before their incorporeal devotion manifested. Old people are also quite similar to corpses.
I'd imagine the wolf is her opposition, so there is no reason to include one when your opponent fulfills the role.
>>
>>49002337
You win. Going with this
>>
>>49002376
Yeah, and my Rogue Necromancies are already painted
>>
>>49002347
For my money, he's one of my favorite effigies. A neg flip keeps Misaki alive and in marker schemes get the extra one out il can mean the difference between winning and losing/drawing, even if it only goes off once per game.

He's not an auto include, but I rarely feel bad hiring him.
>>
>>49002496
Thanks for the insightful perspective. Was too focused on general utility and not victory conditions which he'd shine in. Going to give him a try.
>>
>>49001792

Not this anon, but I'm also assembling a Reva crew want was looking for some nice tombstones or spirity things on her base since I want to put the 50mm to use.

I'm open to any suggestions. I remember some anon with an Anna had some nice spirits swirling around her.
>>
>>49002376

Phillip and the Nanny could also work for the Granny.
>>
>>49001453
>>49001558

Thank you for the tips! Like I said, I'm just beginning, barely read the rules, just checking out for the cooles possible minis that could possibly work for my gang. The Terracotta seems to have a lot of synergy with Lucius, gonna have to think about it. The Changelings, Waldgeists and Stitched Together all look awesome, probably gonna try to fit them in somehow, in addition to the Illuminated. Lilith and Zoraida seem fairly powerful, but aesthetically not my favourites.

I also read somewhere that Candy works fairly well with Lucius (and I like her mini as well), but I'm not sure if its referring to the older rules. What do you think?
>>
>>49002998
I do need to paint those two still. So that'll happen.
>>
>>49002321
This

>>49002337
alternatively this but shouldn't Vincent be the woodsman?
>>
>>49003152
Candy is a mimic, so she has some synergy with Lucius and friends. The big thing she brings is an aura that can cause damage or paralyze a model. She also brings healing, which can offset devil's deal.
>>
>>49002998
I like this idea. You could even paint the stroller/bassinet thing like a basket full of goodies.

>>49003512
Doesn't have an axe to cut open the wolf.
>>
>>48988086
I really want to start with Reva, but I can't find one of the gencon boxes, and it'd cost far too much anyways. Any idea when she'll actually come out?
>>
>>49003797
You'll probably get an opportunity to buy her box during Wyrd's Black Friday sale.
>>
>>49003797
I scooped her up on Ebay for less than retail, but pickings were slim there
>>
>>49003834
Fuck, hoping to start playing a little sooner than 3 months. I'll have to start looking at other starter options.
>>
>>49003885
If you're looking for Resser's I recommend Seamus or McMourning's starter. Belle's and Nurses fit in just about any Resser list and are some of the best minions in the game.
>>
>>49003885
S E A M U S
E
A
M
U
S
>>
>>49003980
I wasn't necessarily interested in Ressers, just painting Reva and the horse model would have been great.

I also wanted to do Tara but it seems she's just not viable. The list made earlier in this thread was an awesome introductions, so now I'm looking at Misaki, Lady Justice or Viktorias.

I guess Lady J would help me move into a Tara list at some point, but Misaki seems most fun to paint.
>>
>>49004184
Tara is pretty complex for someone just starting out, but she's pretty baller when things get going.

>Turn 1 give bishop/killjoy/Izamu fast and bury them
>reactivate as last model, walk up and unbury/chain activate said model
>death follows
>>
>>49004400
I love the idea of all the dickery you can do with her, but it sounds like not only is she a bad master to start with, but her box is pretty milquetoast and requires a lot of other models.
>>
>>49004555
Eh, of her box crew the only one you won't get consistent use from is Karina.

Nothing Beast is a solid beater and good for a Tara bomb and Wretches are one of the best scheme runners Outcasts have.

She doesn't need anything specifically, so you just add in generally useful models.
>>
>>49004400
Killjoy pretty much does that by himself though.

>>49004555
Nice trips.
It isn't so much that her box is milk toast, just that nobody else uses shit like void wretches, so outside of a Tara crew, you never get to reuse most of the models.
>>
>>48997519
So rather than bitching, I'm going to ask: What's a good counter to Collete (and, correspondingly, Titania) in core scemes and strats? There's always scheme markers everywhere because dropping them through triggers isn't interacting and/or they have Don't Mind Me, they have a goid enough melee range and durability to stop you from removing markers, especially with Seduction and Beautiful Clothes, charging is pointless with the DF triggers on anything named, and it just generally feels hopeless, especially for my Mei Feng crew.
>>
>>49004781
There are a couple crews now that feed on enemy scheme markers.
Parker for instance.
Zipp's henchman and eat an enemy scheme marker ever time he leaps for +1 armor.
Phillip and the Nanny turn enemy schemes into corpses.
Alternatively area damage/blasts are good since it isn't an opposed duel they don't get triggers.
>>
>>49004928
That is not so useful for Ten Thunders...
>>
>>49005148
Don't play 10T, so I don't have any specific help.
Misaki is pretty good at putting out blasts right?
>>
>>49004624
But don't you need to throw him I to a mob of activated models to really tear some ass?
>>
>>49005778
It's not all that necessary.
Killjoy is pretty tanky and heals back up pretty easy. It's unlikely that one activation will be enough to do anything about it.

Doubly so if he starts out buried and you unbury him when they kill a model. They get whatever actions are left in that activation to try and do something before he starts wrecking face.
>>
>>49004781
For scheme markers you have tengu who can pop to them and remove them, there's a generic upgrade that can pulse away scheme markers, Sensei Yu can push them around with wandering river style, and you can always hire your own performer to remove them.

For defensive triggers, Ohaguro Bettari ignores them. For Collette specifically, metal gamin destroy mannequins and doves with magnetism. Also, Mei is crazy mobile so she can be in more places than Collette can.
>>
>>49004781
> Mei Feng vs. Colette

Presuming they're going thematic, play it smart. Don't bother with Metal Gamin - Rail Workers are what you want. Move them up the board, and create a Rail towards the enemy line. Take Vapormancy and Misdirection.

When Performers move, they drag Mannequins up with them. Try to time it so you get a Mannequin next to a Performer. Railwalk into charge range, Charge the Mannequin (Jackhammer Kicking into it if you didn't have range to start) and Scalding Breath. Mannequins are traditionally shit at defense, made up for by their Armour - But you're not here to attack the mannequin. Your Blasts cover the Performer, wrecking her day and making it hard for her to do anything.

You're going to get Seduced next turn. That's okay. Let it happen. Mei Feng is there to hold those two in place and be a target for the rest of the crew, because you took Misdirection, after all. Stone in a Mask every time an enemy beater swings on her. Either you pass, and you Leap Away, allowing you to go hunt another pair and leaving the opponent's beater in the same situation you always are attacking Colette, or you fail, and Misdirection triggers. This leads to the Performer (who is always within 2" of you, because of Jackhammer Kick pulling you when they try to leave) taking the brunt of the attack.

Also? Willie is a model you have access to. Look into him. His entire gimmick is throwing blasts everywehre.
>>
So my brother's 10T stuff came in and jorogumo had the alternative katanaka sniper. How much is this worth for trading? The card got a bit dinged but the plastic is fine.
>>
Anyone have a scan of the vintage Hamelin stat card?
>>
>>49008689
Found this as a reference, but still begging for scan.
>>
Assembling the wild ones box at the moment, this is so fiddly.
Also any recommendations for what to add next, i'm planning to run him as Guild.
>>
>>49008915
Guild Hounds, unquestionably. Iggy Pup wants his posse, and Rollins likes putting dogs in shirts. From there, go for cheap minions that your upgrades support - I like Guild Riflemen, but there's a strong argument to be made for Austringers.
>>
>>49008915
Hounds for sure. Iggy makes them lost insignificant, so they become incredibly quick scheme runners. Toss one a glowing saber and it can punch well about its weight.

A big beater is good to get the badge of speed. A Peacekeeper walking up into Flurry range is horrifying.

With Black Flash you can reactivate a minion. Witchling Thralls, Austringers, and Wardens are good picks. A Warden sporting the glowing saber can enjoy an extra ram against models that have already activated, giving him a minimum damage of 3 ignoring pretty much all defenses.

If Deliver a Message is in the pool, reactivate a hound so it can double walk, companion itself, and earn 3VPs easy peasy.

Rollins does his best supporting his crew where they need it, staying fluid with the upgrades and not relying on any one model. The crew is fun as fuck to play.
>>
what is that one scheme you absolute will never do?
>>
>>49010442
Honestly, Assassinate. Masters are incredibly tanky, and the 3 AP thing means that they've got enough mobility to get away from any fight that isn't Master v. Master, or enough tricks to get rid of anything that dares hit them. Any Master hardcore enough to not hide in the back is hardcore enough to be nigh-on unkillable, and any Master weak enough to be killable is going to require me to chew through basically the entire rest of the crew first.
>>
>>49010442
Gremlin faction one.
>keep your shit at full health
>gremlins
>undamaged
>>
>>49010521
At least it's better than the Outcast faction one
>>
How the fuck do you tell which leg of the Printing Press is which? Would it really have been so hard to include an image of the sprue and label some of these?
>>
>>49010521
>>49010579
There are faction schemes?
>>
File: whiskey golem.jpg (538KB, 2192x1224px) Image search: [Google]
whiskey golem.jpg
538KB, 2192x1224px
just have survivors and lightning bugs left to paint, wew
>>
>>49011038
Story schemes, yeah. You can pick your schemes in those ones, and each Faction gets a unique one. Arcanists is basically just Power Ritual. Gremlins is '3 VP minus the number of injured models you have', IIRC. Outcasts is "You can score no VP from this scheme, but get 3 extra Soulstones, which can go over the cap of 7."
>>
>>49011113
So how long does it take you to do a model like this? Heck, how do you get the wood to look like wood
>>
When the hell does the Hare/Tortoise release? It said August
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>49011429
Was about 4 hours on that model but got distracted a lot watching twitch. Easiest way I found to get a wood color was Vallejo GC earth that i washed with seraphim sepia and agrax earth shade after that dried. If you wanted wood texture look on a flat surface would probably start with dryad bark > Gorthir brown > earth> same washes> earth for highlight, but the textures on this model looked nice to me after the washes

This was before any washes
>>
Why couldn't Wyrd had made it so scheme/corpse/scrap markers werent just the size of a US quarter?

why do they not produce a token set on pushout cardboard sheets for the cheap?
>>
>>49011668
Because you get 2 scheme markers for free on every box you buy - you just need to take some scissors and cut them out. Dual Faction models only get one for your faction, though. Or did you think the faction symbols on the side of the box were just for show?
>>
>>49011668
I'd appreciate going with what CB/Infinity used to do, i.e. put markers on box flaps/thin sides. You buy a box, you get exactly the amount of scrap/corpse markers the box leaves when killed. Made your own prettier markers? It's not like you use all that box cardboard as it is.
>>
File: th.jpg (21KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
21KB, 480x320px
>>49011701
>desecrating mini boxes
>>
>>49011740
What are you using them for otherwise?
>>
>>49011750
Building a shrine to the dice gods, of course.
>>
>>49011801
> Malifaux
> Dice gods
Excuse me?
>>
>>49011804
There are other games and the dice gods shall have their tribute
>>
Power stone
>>
>>49009263
>reactivate a hound so it can double walk, companion itself, and earn 3VPs easy peasy.
I didn't think things could companion with themselves.
>>
does anyone have the pics for parker's crew and upgrades? I forgot to save them and they're not in the imgur link.
>>
>>49014196
You're within 0 inches of yourself at the end of your activation, are you not?
>>
>>49014654
Speaking of, I've heard from a TO that if you're paralyzed and have an engagement range of 0 that you can make disengaging strikes against things in base contact. That seems odd to me, can someone quote either of these facts in the rulebook?
>>
>>49015243
It's specifically in the FAQ. One sec.
>>
>>49015243
25) The Paralyzed Condition reduces the range of a model’s Close Attacks to 0. If an enemy model is in base contact, is it within range of the model’s Attacks? Is it considered engaged?

A: Yes, a Paralyzed model with an enemy in base contact would be within range to make Close Attacks against the enemy and therefore be engaging that enemy, and it would be able to make disengaging strikes. In this instance the rules contain reminder text about not being engaged if a model is not in range, but models in base contact would be in range.

Under "Actions/Abilities Found Across Multiple Factions"
>>
>>49015280
Thanks anon. Then this means that engagement is the space between models, so reach three CAN swipe at rusty with a charge.

Also explains why tormenting her is awesome. Snares for 4'' is handy.
>>
Played my first game in a while, busted out my new Sandeep. Super super fun dude. At first I was glazed over by all the shit he does, but eventually I started to feel him.
Crew was:
Sandeep, Cassandra, two Performers, three Oxfords, and a Acolyte of December. My opponent tried out triple henchman Lilith.
One turn I managed to get a lure into paralysis on Lilith, and then summoned Banasuva on her, proceeding to smash the shit out of her.
Command of Air is pretty nuts on a metal gamin who just chills around and hands out buffs.

I won pretty handily since we're both pretty new and since had such a low model count it's easier to make mistakes that sort of just lose you the game, but we both had a lot of fun. Cassandra didn't really do much but scheme run, so I'm thinking of maybe dropping her for something else.
>>
>>49015480
But haven't they ruled you can't charge Rusty because you'd also be within her 3"?
>>
>>49015691
A TO said that because of the engagement range 0 rule it's now interpretted that you are measuring the space between them. So if the edge of three inch engagement would put you in reach you can be charged.

Now, if I missed something I'd be very happy to hear it. I'm sad face when Rusty gets a Bete Noir shoved up his butt because rusty is just too far ahead.
>>
>>49015691
>>49015847
I'd stick with 3" engagement being unable to charge standard Alice.

The key is that when a model with a 0" engagement attacks a defender in base contact the defender is within 0" so it can attack.

With Alice if a model is within 3" of Alice to attack then it is within 3" of Snares and is not allowed to charge into that position. Without an FAQ specifically addressing Snares I can't see it working any other way.
>>
>>49015691
>>49015847
>>49016895
This seems like a dilly interpretation, counter to teh obvious intent of a bunch of rules like Alice's.
Intuitively I would think that a 3" rangee meeans you must be 2.99999" from the target to be "within range", and hterefore you are also within a 3" aura/radius/field etc.

>>49011740
>My favourite Malimeme.
>>49011804
Lady luck takes possession of all probability spaces connected to gaming.
>>
>pg 33. under chain activation "a model can not use these Abilities to Activate if it is not eligible to Activate normally at that point in the Turn. For instance, a model that ha already activated (and doesn't have the Reactivate Condition) cannot use Companion to Activate again during the Turn."

>>49014196
>from FAQ. 38) If a model with the Companion Ability gains the Reactivate condition, can it use Reactivate to Activate twice in a row, as it ended its Activation within 6” of itself?
>A: Yes.

as long as the model can reactivate :^)
>>
>>49015847
Sounds like a goofy goober of a TO trying to RAI when Wyrd constantly says to RAW.
If Rusty is 3" from a melee attack, the attacker is necessarily 3" from Rusty (not beyond 3"). Nothing in the rule book tries to create these "within" and "space between" dichotomies.
>>
>>49019165
I was thinking the same thing, but with the definition in the faq that base to base contact = melee ranged 0 (from paralyzed) allowing disengage strikes, that implies that the TO was correct. I'll be the first to admit that it rankles since that's not how most games work. But if that's the rule I'll find a way to use it.

On a sidenote, never play Malifaux when you're tired kids. Played a game where Tuco shot the shit out of a guilty killing it and another guilty with two ap and it wasn't until I woke up this morning that I realized they were hard to kill.
>>
wip of rasputina. Just need to do some touching up and finish a few details.
>>
File: image.jpg (966KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
966KB, 2592x1936px
>>49020989
Might help if I add the pic.
>>
>>49020999
I love the rune basing. Nice colors too.
>>
>>49021043
Thanks. The base is from dragon forge bases. They have some really good sculpts.
>>
>>49020999
Needs a light grey wash over the whore and some brightening in the face. Looks nice
>>
>>49021723
>the whore
Rudeà
>>
Want to start my Malifaux adventure with that swamp witch Zoradia.

Any tips for me?
>>
>>49019594
It doesn't imply that at all, the TO is making that jump.
>>
>>49024208
Pick up a metal version as the plastic is pretty lame.
>>
can someone post wave 4 ress upgrades in good printable quality for me? Prewiously posted are kinda blury for print
>>
>>49024710
I hope you like saggy tits
>>
>>49024850
Mislink?
>>
>>49024828
That's 300-900dpi scans.
I would, but my tower died.
>>
>>49025054
well all i need is sharp shot not distorted by shoting from the side
>>
>>49025043
All metal zoraidas had saggy tits
>>
File: Zoraida-Crew-Family-Picture.jpg (3MB, 3209x1801px) Image search: [Google]
Zoraida-Crew-Family-Picture.jpg
3MB, 3209x1801px
>>49024710
>>49024850
>>49025502
The only problem is that her metal box has no voodoo doll but that's easy to get a model to count as it.

>>49024208
First question, are you leaning toward Neverborn or Gremlins?
>>
>>49025502
One is quite saggy, another is semi, one is perky, and I never bothered to assemble the plastic. I see no problem with this as each is more than a pair of breasts.
>>
>>49025269
I posted quite a few photos that were something like 5kx3k, weren't in those threads or was that quality not acceptable?
>>
>>49025869
I might missed those. was it linked or posted directly here?
>>
File: Reser Up.jpg (498KB, 990x1390px) Image search: [Google]
Reser Up.jpg
498KB, 990x1390px
>>49024828
>>49025054
>>49025269
I just have the four upgrades in the new upgrade deck
>>
>>49026052
thanks a lot!!
>>
>>49026003
Posted, though a few anons reposted in other threads.
For really good pics, I'd need to find something to disperse light. Otherwise, they won't have enough color and contrast for truly good prints.
>>
>>49026107
Out of curiosity is there one in particular you needed? I know the one for Phil and the Nanny there's no reason not to take it unless you're going for show of force (Though SoF is there half the time).
>>
Philiphs one, and then soulbound upgrades and little helper, but with the scau few posts up I have all in printable quality.
>>
>>49026294
>>49026204

Related, can someone repost all the most current/best quality imgur links in one big post so we can add it to the OP?
>>
So what's divergent paths gon be about?
I still haven't even assembled my crew or got any paints.
>>
>>49026892
No idea at this point but if it's like the last one you'll pick a faction to fight for and record games you play to effect the global event. Though any little details could change, but it should be accessible to both new and old players, Wyrd is pretty good that way.
>>
>>49027099
Dang, that sounds pretty cool.
If I only get my master painted and crew primed, would they let me play?
>>
>>49027157
Well with the last one once you registered you just recorded the matches you had with your friends where you both agreed it was for the event. So it's up to you and your group. I played with a Neverborn crew mostly made of reaper minis.
>>
>>49027099
So just Season of War or the old Eye of Terror campaign? Is there any limit to what stores are involved?
>>
>>49025502
Best thing for trolling "muh sexy females" retards.
>>
>>49027220

That's pretty interesting. I assumed Henchmen were the ones running the thing.
>>
>>49027263
>Not thinking Zoraida is sexy
Shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>49027220
>>49027320
Thanks for the info man.
Sounds pretty cool, I hope the players at my venue aren't lame-os.
>>
>>49020999
Looks good tripsanon.
Maybe a few brighter bits here and there?

>>49023858
Don't engage with it.

>>49026052
Damn.
The upgrades seem to be contributing to some pretty hardcore power creep.
Anyone else worried about bloat?
Or a drift towards nigh-unstoppable wombocombos?
>>
>>49027479
> hardcore power creep
Absolutely. On the one hand, Wyrd have finally figured out how to design interesting, complex, and yet incredibly usable malifaux models. On the other hand, it sort of invalidates everything that came before.
>>
>>49027763
>>49027479
Completely agree. It's like RoF was made for how Malifaux actually plays and not how they thought it would (while being g restricted by m1e porting).
>>
>>49027864
On the other hand, would you rather they keep on putting out the same "LOL IDK" shit, or actually learn how the fuck their game works? This is a Good Thing.
>>
File: 20160827_183354_resized.jpg (397KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
20160827_183354_resized.jpg
397KB, 1632x918px
Finished painting and basing my Parker crew. Not as good a paint job as the ones in thread, but it's the best I've done and I'm super proud.

Then I realize I still have my brother's two crews + extra shit to do. 8 down (Parker + two winged plague) 20 to go.
>>
>>49027888
>>49027864
It can be seen as a good thing that they're tailoring design to how the game plays, now that they know, but it seems like they haven't got the power level, or the countering level at least, right at all so far.
From what I've read about Parker Barrows, for example, if you pull him against Colette then the Arcanist might as well concede, since his tailored scheme marker shenanigans are so powerful.
>>
>>49021723
Light grey wash?

>>49027479
>Maybe a few brighter bits here and there?

Ya I'm just not sure where to put them. I'll see how it looks after the goggles and face are done.
>>
>>49027888
Seems like your interpreting my comment as a complaint. It isn't one, but I feel it necessitates them being more powerful and I don't think Wyrd is up to redesigning ever other model while still needing to balance them and RoF.
>>49028097
Yes, seems like the models could benefit from some unit shifting or additional restrictions.
>>
Got my Asami stuff all ready to go, except for Jorogumo. I want some ideas on theme painting, what do you guys got for me.

I have Asami's box,
Obsidian Oni (but they are done, blue-gray metallic flesh, golden wrestler belts with green clothes.)
Jorogumo

I'm doing my Yan Lo stuff in Dynasty Warriors colors so something different would be fun.
>>
>>49028097
>Parker Barrows, for example, if you pull him against Colette then the Arcanist might as well concede

Yeah. Kind if a step back in that regard. They had a similar problems in 1st. Gremlins were auto lose to Hamlin or Pandora.

Still, they're moving in the right direction. Well probably see a bit more creap til 3rd in a few years.

Even so, hands down my favorite wargame by a large margin.
>>
>>49028517
They have many novel elements, they just seem inexperienced and lack proper testing infrastructure.
I hope it improves, but the same issues seem to be present.
>>
>>49028626
well, the lead designer/playtest manager just left for ninja division so who know what the future holds.
>>
>>49029101
Yea, I was wondering how much influence Justin had on Ripples. Still not completely bsure how to feel (somewhat positive as I couldn't get down with much of his reasoning), but their tendency to hire playtesting locals depresses me.
>>
So what would a does a standard tara list look like in outcasts? Is it just her box, scion and a killjoy?
>>
>>49030493
No pine box for Hannah to copy?
>>
does anyone play malifaux on vassal or elsewhere online? I suffer from extreme social anxiety and rarely leave the house (feel free to laugh)

I'd like to give it a try but theres no way i can get to a game store
>>
>>49032229
Sure, the Malifaux Vassal module is even listed on Wyrd's website. Give it a shot. As Malifaux isn't super vertical it works out fine.
>>
Getting hype for the tournament tomorrow. 12 players signed up so far.
>>
So I'm thinking about making a lazarus for my gremlins out of a whiskey golem cause I'm never gonna use the damn thing otherwise. What would be a good chop swap for his cannon arm?
>>
File: mule.png (355KB, 536x569px) Image search: [Google]
mule.png
355KB, 536x569px
>>49033093
See if you can bits order a Mule gun arm. The gun arm has a wooden barrel for steam pressure chamber.

Also what's wrong with the whiskey golem? Is it that bad?
>>
>>49033376
I find it too expensive and it's gimmick is that it wants to be in melee, so any person worth their salt just shoots the damn thing because it's so huge.
>>
>>49033376

Sits in the weird groove of being able to do several different things (punch faces, durable scheme running, tank, etc.) but doesn't necessarily do them better than cheaper options to the point where you want to spend the SS premium. Depends on its tactical action that increases its defense for survival, but winds up being awkward because if it uses it, it has only 1 AP for punching which in turn means it can't make use of Flurry from its Angry Drunk upgrade: the workaround is to use Obey to make Whiskey do it out of activation, but Brewmaster needs a suit (or to discard a card for Pick your Poison for the pseudo-Obey) and Zoraida isn't exactly a stellar master than can afford to spend her time making her crew carry its weight.

That said, they gave it a new 0 SS upgrade in the latest book that lets it take the Smokey Finish action off a Ram of Tome trigger on its melee action, which definitely brings it up a bit.
>>
My Nightmare shit will be arriving on Monday. Time for some fucked up Dreamer shenanigans!
>>
>>49032559
Largest so far?
>>
Holy shit, Sandeep is fun as fuck to play.
>>
>>48989311
>Dreamer
>Bad

Ok
>>
When does the Twisted Alternatives Hare/Tortoise box release? And where the hell can you buy one?
>>
>>49039032
Its not power rankings, its how friendly it is to new players and their wallets
>>
File: 1416880815265.gif (2MB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1416880815265.gif
2MB, 500x382px
>>49039054

Oh, sorry misread. Apologies.

Then yeah, his box isn't much of a value, I agree.
>>
>>49039042
It should be in general release this month, so any store that carries Malifaux I guess. Though some might not stock it unless you ask for it and release dates are all a rough estimate. And won't be on the Wyrd web store till after other distributors get it.
>>
File: mancha.jpg (159KB, 1372x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mancha.jpg
159KB, 1372x1600px
Manchaaaaaa Rojaaaaa!
>>
Schemes and Stones started a "build on a budget" article page. Think this might be useful to new players once they finish.

https://schemesandstones.wordpress.com/category/building-on-a-budget/
>>
File: 000demonica.jpg (55KB, 340x500px) Image search: [Google]
000demonica.jpg
55KB, 340x500px
Wait a sec...
Asami summons Oni. Oni are summons translated as demons.
>Demon
>Summoner
>Asami Paint scheme confirmed
>>
Does anyone have a link to Nellie's specific upgrades and the Journalists' stat cards? The links last thread just had Nellie and Allison Dade, and the upgrades link only had the generic Guild ones.
>>
File: upgrades.jpg (1MB, 2064x2003px) Image search: [Google]
upgrades.jpg
1MB, 2064x2003px
>>49040178
here's the upgrades
>>
>>49040699
Damn. Nellie is going to be a beast.

She's got obeys, hands out fast, is hard to put down, heals, and has collette tier scheme shenanigans.

I think most crews only option is to try and put her down as fast as possible.
>>
>>49041265
She's pretty great, I've been playing her since after gencon. She does have limitations, namely she won't generate much evidence beyond 2 without spending AP or getting her opponent to cooperate. If she wants a big turn it'll cost her. She also hates attacks that don't do damage flips, high minimum damage, and blasts. Lynch could give her a hard time, for example.
>>
>>49041544
I imagine that she's not real fond of Seamus either. Then again, who is?
>>
anyone able to give a brief synopsis for Titania's fluff in RoF?
>>
>>49041874
A treacherous woman powerful enough to stop the titans was betrayed at the last minute. But her minions were stupid and ruined everything. She's back now and wants help from the other neverborn since she's not as powerful or connected. Lilith hates her and sees her as a threat, Pandora is trolling but doesn't mind, and Lucius wants to use her for his own ends.

And she can corrupt humans to serve as tree knights.
>>
>>49024850
I tucking love saggy tits
>>
>>49024710
Is it possible to buy/order metal ones? Or I have to search for 2nd hand figs?

>>49025665
I like Neverborn models more so I'd go in that direction.
>>
>>49042357
Easiest will be used (eBay, Amazon, etc), but you can google Zoraida and the corresponding item code (WYR4044 for example) to find some retailers. I actually found quite a few rare metals by doing that in 2015.
>>
Just assembled the printing press, it really wasn't as bad as the instructions made it out to be, would've been nice if they'd labeled the legs though.
>>
alright tg, jack daw or Von schill?
>>
File: soon.jpg (166KB, 514x474px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
166KB, 514x474px
>>49045375
>>
>>49045375
Can't go wrong with Hulkamania.
>>
>>49044000
sometimes you just gotat look real close at the small differences in the model
>>
>>49046229
new
>>49046229
thread
>>49046229
here
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.