[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 43

File: 1469853117337.jpg (514KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1469853117337.jpg
514KB, 1200x1600px
Illida Stormrage Edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs

Last thread:
>>48906314
>>
File: Y'Shaarj.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Y'Shaarj.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
>>48927290
I always love /tg/ WoW threads. The ones on /v/ are always filled with too much rage

First for Best Old God
>>
File: Yogg-Saron_HS.jpg (629KB, 1600x2133px) Image search: [Google]
Yogg-Saron_HS.jpg
629KB, 1600x2133px
>>48927317
That's not how you spell Yogg-Saron.
>>
>>48927343
Aaaand I forgot to spoil my image.

Clearly, madness consumed me.
>>
File: Sha_of_Anger.jpg (141KB, 541x897px) Image search: [Google]
Sha_of_Anger.jpg
141KB, 541x897px
>>48927364
Don't get Angry
>>
Illidans weapons are so stupid.

>that one Youtube video that has a blacksmith forge one is full of people arguing that his weapon is avhjälpt really efficient but the test dude used it wrong.
>>
that write fag still working on that fapfic with Azhara?

I really hope so
>>
>>48927588
It's made for spinning around like a retard. So a perfect fit for Illidan.
>>
>>48927635
One comment is literally "it is meant to be used circularly and is really good weapon when used that way" fanboys are so funny
>>
File: 1469901842686.png (361KB, 868x897px) Image search: [Google]
1469901842686.png
361KB, 868x897px
>>48927290
>>
I'll admit, Illidan is one of my favorite Warcraft characters. Sure, he's Edgelord Supreme and my appreciation of him derives from me playing Warcraft III as a teenager, but he's fun, damn it.
>>
>>48927813
I liked Illidan when he was a flawed character. I loathe this whole "dindu nuffin" bullshit they're pushing with him now.
>>
>>48927839
But anon Illidan didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>48927317

These threads have their fair share of hot-headed, cancerous faction wankers.
>>
>>48927612
Adjust your bust. It's being worked on.
>>
>>48927839
I just finished the Illidan book today. It doesn't really make him out as a dindu, at least not as much as the meme.

It does change his motivation so that he's always been opposed to the Burning Legion, and that everything he tried to do for them was to try and infiltrate them. Reason being that the ritual of becoming a Demon Hunter gave him (and everyone else that has gone through the ritual) a vision of everything terrible the Burning Legion has done, and will do.

However, while it does establish Illidan as having good intentions, he's not really a good person. He's very much a "by any means necessary" kind of person, willing to sacrifice everyone else for what is basically his personal mission to destroy the Burning Legion, because it's the greater good, even if that means basically doing some pretty bad stuff, like creating fel orcs (which, although the book itself doesn't really talk about where these recruits come from, IIRC TBC mentions or implies that many are Mag'har orcs kidnapped and forcibly modified), and issuing cruel punishment.

So, he does still have some flaws, at least from the Illidan novel; just not quite the same flaws.
>>
>>48927848
>>48927848

>illidan dindu nuffin
>arthas dindu nuffin
>garithos dindu nuffin
>daelin proudmoore dindu nuffin
>garrosh dindu nuffin
>sylvanas dindu nuffin

Warcraft fandom is just a bunch of dindus spamming "dindu nuffin" at each other.

>this post will get several responses such as "but [insert character on list here that the replying poster likes most] actually didn't do anything wrong"
>>
File: Velen.png (3MB, 906x1398px) Image search: [Google]
Velen.png
3MB, 906x1398px
>>48927945
Velen dindu nuffin.
No, really. Old faggot's been sitting in his spaceship with his thumb up his ass for the past 10 years instead of doing anything.
>>
>>48927848
>>48927839
New book makes Illidan less evil but more of an asshole. Sure he has good intentions but he's being a bastard about going through them. I think one of the best ways to look at it is this way;

>Illidan imprisoned by Maiev
>Magical enchantments made so he doesn't get hungry or thirsty
>Plenty of room in his cell to pace, including a bed
>Probably got visited by horny Watchers who thought he was hot

>Maiev imprisoned by Illidan
>Rarely given food or drink, was pissed in when it was given to her
>Chained to a wall throughout
>Literally had a Dreadlord constantly describing all the methods of torture he would use the moment Illidan gave to word
>All of this after watching her entire force get brutally ambushed and have their very souls ripped out
>Illidan constantly brooded over making her suffer for all the years he 'suffered'

Illidan's a whiny faggot.
>>
>>48927839
His insanity during BC came out of nowhere. Literally the justification was "man he just couldn't take losing. MY CRAZY BROTHER AM I RIGHT?" Illidan's characterization as a madman made no fucking sense. I'm not saying he's ever been a real cool dude, but he never did anything without a logical reason. It's just that Illidan's entire theme is "you took it too far." In BC he was just crazy because "we needed a raid boss or something"
>>
>>48928009
I thought they actually admitted that they shit the bed with BC lore?

The book makes things much more clear, sort of.
>>
>>48928003
The Illidan book and then the YouTube audio drama made me enamored with Maiev once again. The Wardens are fucking cool.
>>
>>48928035
They pretty much did. Instead of him just being a fucking loon, they instead made it clear "maybe he could have handled things better, but it was all to stop the legion, and to be real, Outland is a shit hole anyway."

Like, the story of BC is that the Legion invades Azeroth through the Dark Portal, so you go through, hold them off, and-- immediately go back to Azeroth to go through Medivh's attic, kill energy space mummies and skeksis, and go kill Illidan while the Legion corrupts Kael'thas and preps to hit the sunwell. From Illidan's perspective it's like. "You stupid fucks. Piss off. I can't even go to another DIMENSION to save Azeroth without you dumbfucks interfering."
>>
Playable Harpies when?
>>
>>48927997
I was actually surprised to see him at Varian's memorial. I thought Velen was like Zordon, being stuck in a tube.
>>
File: dittocthulhupokemondaycare.jpg (154KB, 1000x521px) Image search: [Google]
dittocthulhupokemondaycare.jpg
154KB, 1000x521px
>>48928077
do you have a link to it plz broctopi
>>
sounds like after legion more races will be able to become DH's.
>>
File: 162438.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
162438.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>48927945

After looking up >>48927317 and having it segway into Garrosh the Orcs really are the dindust of dindus.

Like seriously in any other circumstance and any other fantasy setting everyone would be 200 million percent justified to wipe them all out. I forget how ridiculous it is.

>Make a random covenant with demons and rape and slaughter the chill Draenei for no raisin when they were doing nuthin other than horsecocking eachother.
>Go and invade another fucking world completely unrelated to you with not the slightest bit of ambiguity about if you're a good guy or a bad guy and try to slaughter rape and subjugate them.
>DO IT AGAIN.
>Dindu nuffin while you are in your internment camps instead of being wiped out to a last.
>Go and do so in miniature in Kalimdor against night elves
>Things calm down for a bit with Thrall in charge.
>Here comes Garrosh
>Try and wipe out everyone and subjugate everyone again, once more referring to demonic power. Actually worse than demons since it's old gods.
>LITERALLY ENGAGE IN WIM-WAM-WOBLY TIME TRAVEL TO LITERALLY SUBJUGATE AND RAPE THE DRAENEI AND HUMANS AND OTHER RACES OF AZEROTH -AGAIN-.

Lemme predict the next expansion for you

>Orc makes a covenant with the Voidbeings after Sargeras and the demons are removed as the biggest baddest evil.
>>
>>48928469
And all because Ner'zhul failed to realize his wife was actually the demons.
>>
gas the forsaken race war now
>>
>>48928469
when Orc apologists bring up the internment camps it's the only time I ever get mad about this fucking lore

you fucking invaded from another planet and tried to genocide everyone twice. You're going to fucking complain about being put in camps?

Lucky they weren't genocided out of hand
>>
>>48928461
How so?
>>
>>48928441
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_xFZ7b6tOk&list=PLQL12cnGPRPZt1nrLH1nHwrExNdhcZgjA
>>
>>48928505
Azerothi Man's Burden.
>>
>>48928505
Why would anyone complain about that?

The internment camps forced many orcs to work through the demonic rage, which is what let them form a functional society afterwards. Orcs wouldn't realize that what Thrall was promising was a good thing without having been contained in internment camps beforehand
>>
>>48928637
we wuz chieftains n shiet
>>
File: 1459039061474.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459039061474.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
>>48928323
After playable arakkoa.
>>
>>48928469
Daelin was right, Jaina is right, the humans didn't have to deal with this shit before the orcs show up.
>>
>>48929372
All your races a shit. Ogres only acceptable new race.
>>
>>48929540
That's on the list of races I want to be playable, too.
>>
>>48929540
Not before playable High Elves, mag'har, Broken and Forest Trolls.
>>
File: Kat.gif (795KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Kat.gif
795KB, 500x281px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11051246

Help me. I can't decide.
>>
>>48929540

Ogres and Naga, then Nerubians
>>
Is female Illidan a yandere?
>>
>>48930126
Also if it matters DK has been my main since wotlk. Hunter before then.
>>
>>48930239
DK then
>>
>>48930141
For male Tyrande
>>
File: fug dis.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
fug dis.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>48927416
>farming this chucklefucks since the start of MoP
>still no mount
>>
>>48930242
I guess, was just kind of thinking of something different.
>>
>>48929637
Apparently they said in some interview that alternative skins, like forest troll or mag'hari orc, is something they'd like to implement if they find time to add it.

>>48930126
Speaking of what to play, I've still got a lvl 100 boost unused from buying Legion, and thinking of using it to make a healer (already have a max level mainspec tank, melee, and ranged character). I can't decide between priest and shaman, though. Which one would be more fun to play?
>>
>>48930387
I've heard more positives about shaman, plus you have two different DPS offspecs just in case. Rather than meme to madness.
>>
I'm glad that racist cartoon Vol'jin is dead.
>>
>>48930353
I'd suggest sticking with your main, but maybe do the artifact quests for a few characters early in the expansion. See which one has the lore and mechanics that most appeal to you.

>>48930387
Resto druid is my personal favorite, HoTing all day. Resto shaman is great fun in dungeons and when people remember to STAND IN HEALING RAIN GOD DAMN IT, but their peak AoE healing has taken a hit with chain heal's nerf.

Recently power leveled a mistweaver through invasions and dungeons, and it's surprisingly fun. It's nice to be able to mix a kick or two into combat when healing isn't needed, without having to stance dance to do it. It's also a surprisingly good solo spec.

Holy paladin is the only paladin spec worth playing, and while I like it, like holy priest it just doesn't appeal to me as much as my druid.

Disc priest is... it works. And while I love the shoot-to-heal concept of atonement, it just doesn't feel right to me. Mostly shadow mend. It's a big heal that puts a DoT on the target, and putting DoTs on who I'm trying to heal feels fundamentally WRONG.

So I'll second >>48930405 and say shaman, or druid, because they also have great off-specs if you decide you don't like their healing styles.

Elemental is tons of fun, enhancement is different, but not in a bad way. Just slightly less fun than elemental for me.

Feral and Guardian are both great at their jobs and great fun. Balance isn't a clusterfuck for once, and with guardian affinity they're the tankiest ranged DPS outside of a warlock.
>>
>>48929637
>High Elves
Bow to the lord regent, traitor
>>
>>48930567
Get cucked by more humans, edgelord.
>>
>>48927588, >>48927693
Well, we can at least know that those people will spend the majority of their lives getting things wrong and feeling like they're stupid when inevitably their misinformation they constantly think is accurate gets slapped away like the poorly constructed facade it is.

People like that feign self-confidence but ultimately are aware of how little they actually know because it keeps getting thrown at them in little ways all their lives; how they're less successful then other people, when their friends are surprised that they aren't aware of some of the most basic facts of reality, how they keep getting surprised by shit everyone already knows, etc.
>>
File: 1467688213938.gif (451KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467688213938.gif
451KB, 500x500px
>>48930563
>I'd suggest sticking with your main, but maybe do the artifact quests for a few characters early in the expansion. See which one has the lore and mechanics that most appeal to you.
I guess I might as well, but I can't decide between frost and UH. Frost has lore relevant artifact. UH has the actually fun spec.
>>
File: 1459477184977.jpg (243KB, 1200x931px) Image search: [Google]
1459477184977.jpg
243KB, 1200x931px
Why do warcraft elves dislike shoes?
>>
>>48930756
In that case, go with what's fun to play. It's a game first, so entertainment value is important.

Maybe there will be interesting background details with Unholy's weapon. There's supposed to be class hall missions that are all about discovering as much about your weapon as possible, so you can use it better. Mechanically, they give an artifact power gain multiplier. I'm really hoping they actually include bits of lore.
>>
>>48930820
They're descended from trolls, who also dislike shoes.

And the druids probably like the in touch with nature hippie angle.
>>
>>48930820

And orcs also tend not to wear shoes.

>>48930838

good point
>>
>>48927945
Slow down nigger

No one has ever claimed Arthas dindu nuthin.

People always claim he was right, they are also correct in their thought process too.
>>
>>48928493
>gas the forsaken
And that would accomplish what, exactly?
>>
>>48927945
>list of "did nothing wrong"
You forgot Sargeras.
>>
>>48930904
Nah, betraying and murdering your mercenaries is doing something. I can accept destroying the ships so his men will be forced to fight, and fight hard, against the undead. But killing those who showed him loyalty, without the slightest hint of remorse?

And having shitty communication skills when trying to get Uther to go along with purging Stratholme was doing something, too.
>As your future king, I order you!
Instead of
>You weren't there when this happened before. I was. As cruel as it may seem, the alternative is the agonizing transformation into undead.
He TRIED to say that, but fucked it up royally because Arthas never trained up his diplomatic skills.
>>
>>48930756
I may be wrong, but aside from the initial quest to get them, lore doesn't really have a part to play for artifacts. So while it may be good to take the shards of frostmourne and make new weapons, it's kind of irrelevant after that.
>>
>>48930916
Well, you can always gas them with their own plague. Get rid of those abominations.
>>
>>48930969
He passed his moral event horizon in Strat, after that it was all downhill, and he knew it himself.

Doesn't the closing bit from mission 12 say he went out to die in the snow after he "killed" Mal'Gannis? It's just that Frostmourne managed to get him to embrace nilhism and Ner'zul.
>>
>>48930916
Better smelling undead?
>>
>>48930820

I always found it funny when you go to Draenor. You're this refined, civilized blood elf or something and suddenly you're hanging out with orcs who give you skimpy furs and robes to wear which leave nothing to the imagination and insist you take part in their heathen rituals. It must be maximum awkward both physically and mnetally.
>>
>>48930969
Mercenaries knew he burned the ships, his men still wouldn't fight if they knew.

I also agree Stratholme could have had more tact but being in articulate doesn't make him wrong and he was literally on a clock so he couldn't argue ethics with Uther for an hour.
>>
>>48931054
They were both too stubborn as well. Jaina who could have bridged the gap opted out too which didn't help things.
>>
>>48931071
Jaina and Uther had a high horse to ride away with. Arthas had a kingdom to try and save.
>>
>>48930563
Mostly excluded druid because I was thinking of making a Draenei (they're my favourite Alliance race, although if NElfs had remained like in WC3 they'd be a very close contender), and because I like collecting transmog sets which is kind of pointless for druid when you're going to spend 90% of time as a cat/bear/owl/tree.
I do have a pally as my main, but I've been maining prot for so long it'd be hard to switch to holy.
>>
>>48931054
If you need the greatest paladin in the land to betray his faith, his oaths, and everything he's lived for, it's your job to convince him to do. You can't just say "because I told you to" and expect him to do it.
>>
>>48931102
Ohh I agree with you there. I think Uther was the wrong person to put Arthas with considering who he was and the decisions he might one day end up having to make. And the personality clash, that even Uther recognised if that letter he sent to one of the other Paladins was anything to go by

But the confrontation at Strat had been brewing since Arthas had said something was fishy about what the Blackrocks were up to and Uther essentially said lol no, we fucked up their demons nothing to worry about there.
>>
>>48930828
Yeah, there are bits of lore included on the weapons through class hall stuff. It's all text-based which is somewhat fine by me but given some of the cool "flashback" stuff they have done now it would be awesome to live out part's of each artifact's history in-game too.
>>
>>48931119
All if that convincing takes time, a lot of time. By the time you could convince him it could already be too late.

He played the rank card because he didn't want to spend any more time arguing.
>>
>>48931040
It was just as much a total abortion of the lore as well.

>World STILL rebuilding from the Legion and Scourge invasions. All but 2 human kingdoms fallen, and one of them is isolationist.

Reestablish contact. Find that longest standing allies are now close with your ancient kinsmen and kind of nervous about your ley-line workings. Admit that it's risky as hell and alternatives are being sought out.

Discover a low end, run-of-the-mill espionage ring. Rather than capitalize on blowing it's cover for diplomatic gains, kill all involved, including an ambassador, and sever contact with the nations said ambassador represented.

Sign up with the leftovers of the Scourge and the greenskins that tried to wipe them out and started the downfall of High Elven civilization in the Second War.

>Apparently being spied upon is a far more unforgivable crime than attempted genocide.
>>
File: DragonBruh.jpg (20KB, 436x446px) Image search: [Google]
DragonBruh.jpg
20KB, 436x446px
>>48929372
>After playable arakkoa
That's some fine-ass fuckin' taste you got there familam.

>Shit-ton of new Arakkoa lore added in WoD
>Already split down the middle with a bunch of asshole pure Arakkoa that could've been redeemed by the Alliance and a bunch of shadowy pissed off outcasts that the Horde would've loved to recruit
>Practically the entire expansion is fucking dropped the moment it ends

I'll never get playable Dark Rangers either. Hell, when are we gonna get a healer that uses a dark power source?
>>
File: 1413976941380.gif (170KB, 404x272px) Image search: [Google]
1413976941380.gif
170KB, 404x272px
>sylvanas is warchief
>Vol'jin
>A undead who cares for her own self and people is warchief

What the fuck was point of getting Vol'in warchief to just kill him next expansion. Plus why Sulvanas of all other leaders for warchief, what the absolute fuck did I return to?
>>
>>48931263
Lor'themar would have been better. Not only is he a better character, but all the shrieking from the hordebabies would have been pure music.
>>
>>48931220
>Already split down the middle
And both cursed and uncursed arakkoa decide that demons are bad news, so they form the Order of the Awakened. Which would've been a great choose-your-side neutral faction akin to Wandering Isle pandaren.

>I'll never get playable Dark Rangers either.
Marksmanship hunters ditch the pet and can pick up Black Arrow as a talent, so they can kind of scratch that itch. Not quite, but kind of close.
>Hell, when are we gonna get a healer that uses a dark power source?
Disc priest and their Shadow Mend. It's not pure 'dark', but it's there.
>>
File: 1413772756498.jpg (465KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1413772756498.jpg
465KB, 2448x3264px
>>48931263
>was point of getting Vol'in warchief

I assume people got angry about him and Blizz chose to kill him or they wanted to do some bad surprise.
>>
>>48931270
>shrieking
With the belf fangirls squealing in ecstasy forming a chorus.
>>
>>48931263
He wasn't interesting enough and spoke in an infuriating accent. Nobody liked him and he died like a dog. I'm surprised the Horde didn't throw his body in a ditch instead of burning him.
>>
>>48931263

Feel bad for Baine as he lost a good friend.
>>
>>48931302
Probably. Which would only serve to get the corpse lovers and orc wannabes even more riled up.
>>
File: heh dan.gif (162KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
heh dan.gif
162KB, 600x476px
>>48931314
>infuriating accent
>>
>>48931289
>got angry about him
Vol'jin elicited reactions of "make sense" or "why should I care?" He never got much hate.

So yes, they killed him off purely to put Sylvanas in charge, to encourage more poorly thought out faction conflict.
>>
>>48931330
I get angry every time Vol'jin speaks. It's annoying, why can't he talk like a normal person? I'm glad he's dead.
>>
>>48931263
> Plus why Sulvanas of all other leaders for warchief
>"The spirits have granted me clarity. A vision. They whisper a name..."
Vol was delusional.
>>
>>48931344
>talk like a normal person
>A race of trolls based on Jamaican shit

Calm down rasta
>>
The horde was doomed leadership wise the moment Cairne was killed.
>>
>>48931358
I used to work with a Jamaican guy. He was really laid back and laughed a lot. Vol'jin just pisses me off.
>>
Baine Bloodhoof for warchief when?
>>
File: SkeletonShrug.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
SkeletonShrug.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>48931288
>but kind of close
Now if I could just shit skeletons while darkening the sky with a gorillion arrows it would be perfect. Ah, well. Can't have everything, I suppose.

Seriously, though, I cannot believe they added another leather dps/tank class when there's only two Mail classes. Dark Rangers would've filled so many niches it's crazy. Mail, ranged weapon, dark power source, give 'em a healing spec and you've got another class that actually uses spirit mail, too. I mean, I understand that Demon Hunters make more sense for the Legion expansion, and that it'd probably be too much work to explain why the Alliance has access to Dark Rangers or a shallow equivalent, but I'd still like to see it.
>>
>>48931403
Never. I doubt he knows how to put on his pants by himself, let alone run a Cold War nation group.
>>
Saurfang for Warchief 2016.

Make the Horde great again.
>>
>>48931453
The only right answer.
>>
>>48931453
>Saurfang
> not Gallywix

You had one job
>>
>>48931481
>>A contract is a contract is a contract...but only between goblins.
>>
>>48931453
I wish.
>>
I want Thrall back due to the w3 fun.
>>
>>48929637
You forgot Vrykul.
>>
>no orc DH's based on blademasters.

kill me.
>>
>>48931694
There should have been a Blademaster spec for Warriors. Droods have 4 specs, warriors can too ;_;
>>
>>48931723

They already removed Gladiator Stance, the objective coolest warrior spec.

They're not gonna add another.
>>
>>48931723
And rogues should have a ranged weapon spec, and priests should have a holy ranged dpc spec, and shamans should have a tank spec, and demon hunter should be a warlock tank spec instead of its own class
>>
File: 1470763587286.png (723KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
1470763587286.png
723KB, 1200x840px
>>48931744
We have an ability that turns every hit into a critical hit that kills everything you look at.
>>
File: 1427025840565.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1427025840565.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>Elemental Overload is back

Oh sweet

>Maelstorm

What the fuck. This annoys me more when they took the ability to move and shoot bolts.
>>
>>48932144
>Not digging elemental Rage.
You get so pissed off that you make earthquakes. The elements get so pissed off that they throw boulders at whatever you're pissed off at!
>>
File: 503634-improved-thunderlord.jpg (56KB, 297x443px) Image search: [Google]
503634-improved-thunderlord.jpg
56KB, 297x443px
Why is the Thunderlord set such a perfect base for rogue or druid transmogs? It goes with almost anything.
>>
>>48932144
Maelstrom ain't so bad.
Would have been fucking ace if you had a storm form around you as the bar goes up
>>
>>48932397
I just wish the ascendant talents were the other way around. Fire for enhancement, storm for elemental
>>
Tell me about the Auchenai. I rolled a Draenei monk because I didn't like pandas and they were the only other race I was aware of that had monks.

What's the difference between Soulpriests and Soulbinder? Also Tuulani is cute.
>>
>>48932388

slutmog shit
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 227x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 227x336px
>Warcraft 3: NO ILLIDAN YOU ARE THE DEMON

>World of Warcraft Legion: ILLIDARI SAVE ME!

What happened to Tyrande?
>>
>>48932663
Kosak happened to Tyrande.
>>
>>48932600
>>I didn't like pandas
Who does? They look like cartoons, which is saying a lot in Warcraft. I'm literally waiting for Jack Black to jump out of nowhere during any Pandaria scene.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 686x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 686x214px
Somewhere out there; there is an alternate timeline Azeroth where everyone is Pandaren.

Just think about it /tg/.
>>
>>48932663
Every night elf who isn't Maiev had their personalities sabotaged in WoW, even the ones who didn't have personalities in the first place on merit of the default night elf personaltiy changing.
>>
>>48932663
she took like forty levels in slut
>>
>>48932691
There's also a timeline where Arthas cured cancer! Don't think about it!
>>
>>48932663

Bad writing. She was consistently written as being a helpless crybaby up until Pandaria where she suddenly acquired a previously unseen idiocy, wanting to zerg rush against the enemy until told by Varian to calm down. Because clearly running a guerilla war against the enemies of the night elves for 10K years makes you favor big frontal charges. And in the novels she's never the focus, always just a supporting character whose job it is to cry over something or be stupid so a male character has to correct her.

But then again, all the surviving characters from WC3 were written extremely poorly in WoW, especially from Cataclysm onwards. Just look at Jaina. Or Thrall.
>>
>>48927317
>The ones on /v/ are always filled with too much rage

Still better than /wowg/ by orders of magnitude.
>>
>>48932715
>previously unseen idiocy

What, Warcraft 3 firmly characterized her as an incompetent commander, her idiocy wasn't new, it was a return to form
>>
>>48932694
Yet Maiev freed Demon Hunters.
>>
>>48932733
Remember when she killed those innocent guards just for doing their job? Good times.
>>
>>48931188
Dude, he was talking about WoD Draenor, not BC stuff.
>>
>>48932742
>There is nothing I wouldn't do for azeroth
what a load of bullshit, there is nothing Maiev wouldn't do for her revenge. That's all. I can't believe someone could be so incoherent and incompetent in their writing, but that's blizzard for you.
>>
File: Li Li.png (286KB, 1023x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Li Li.png
286KB, 1023x1000px
>>48932681
>Who does?
Chen is pretty cool, once he stops sitting around and drinking long enough to actually get something done.

And Li Li is really cute. The quest where she follows you around and comments on all your other quests is great.
>>
>>48927290

>MFW I discover female demon hunters turn into giant QT demons
>size difference fetish triggered
>>
>>48932742
I wasn't really too bothered.

I'm pretty sure that for a long time now, Maiev hasn't given a fuck about anything except making Illidan's life hard.
>>
>>48932785

get off the internet Li-Li you're drunk again
>>
>>48932785
I actually liked Chen. I wanted him to go on and on with 'wisdom', especially if it annoyed Li Li. The worse it annoyed her the better.

Still, I hate Pandaren.
>>
>>48932784
Because they have an almost entirely different set of writers from when they did WC3, and the ones that are still around are in different jobs.

That's what happens when a work lasts decades. For further examples: See the entire comic book industry.

But seriously, yes, Maiev left Tyrande to die, lied to Malfurion about it, and ran off to Outland all because she couldn't bear the thought of Illidan being out of chains. Bitch be crazy.
>>
>>48932681
They make fun rogues

Fall distance means nothing to you
>>
>>48932733
>tyrande was always an idiot because she didn't trust the people who were directly responsible for the death of cenarius.

She defended the night elf homelands for 10k years while most of the male population was asleep and did a pretty good job. She should be among the best commanders of azeroth. Compare her to king chin whose exploits include being split in two, becoming an orc slave and listening to his sissy retard of a son.
>>
>>48930239
Unholy DK is fun as all hell, and the spec as a whole is very well implemented and has no flaws that I can think of at the moment.

Demonology Warlock is also great, especially with high levels of haste.
>>
>>48932817
As though druids didn't supply enough drop bears.
>Flight form, bear form, charge negates falling damage.
>>
>>48930969
>Mercenaries
>Loyal

Mercenaries are scum.
>>
>>48932830
She defended her homeland for 10,000 years of not a lot happening.

The night elves also used the exact same tactics and technology for those 10,000 years, so as a commander, she's completely out of date.
>>
>>48932838
Yet they did whatever Arthas ordered and never betrayed him until he openly told his men to kill them.

They were more loyal than Arthas.
>>
>>48932814
>Because they have an almost entirely different set of writers from when they did WC3,

Pretty much this. The original WoW dev team left after completing the Ulduar patch for WotLK, leaving only a set of half-done notes on what Icecrown citadel should contain for the incoming team. The original team was then divided up among the other dev teams, most going to Project Titan. The incoming team were all green and developed the Trial of the Crusader patch first, which contained mostly reused content and very basic fights. And at the end of WotLK Dave Kosak, creator of the WoW fan-comic Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth became the new head writer, taking the game in a new direction. That's when the Garrosh plot started, Jaina's descent into character assassination began, and multiple other plotlines either changed drastically or were dropped. The game also tended to become more light-hearted. Whereas before you could have a few quests based on a pop culture joke, in Cata Kosak made a whole zone into a pop culture joke (Uldum) and dropping the original plotline for it. There's still scraps left of it in the game but it's buried under the Indiana Jones jokes.

So yes, changing writers.
>>
>>48932849
>tactics and technology
warcraft has neither. It has the power of handwavium where the horde can build a fleet to challenge the alliance despite having no port.
>>
>>48932600
They're Draenei priests that take care of the dead interned in Auchindoun and safeguard their souls. Not much other fluff on them. Soulbinder Tulaani is pretty interesting, though, since she's mechanically a shadow priest, while still being aligned with the Light-worshiping Draenei. Her being a shadow priest is probably supposed to represent her being a soulbinder, although we never really learn what exactly they do, other than it presumably involves souls and binding (soulpriests on the other hand seem to just be your regular old holy priests).
>>
>>48932803
Well, there was this novel where she tried to kill all NE mages so she's not all about Illidan.
>>
>>48932855
>Yet they did whatever Arthas ordered

Because he was paying them.

>They were more loyal than Arthas.

They were loyal to no one and served nothing but their own lust for gold.

Mercenaries can get fucked they are shitty people and deserved to die.
>>
>>48932830
That's not what I'm talking about dumbass

She defended a land only occasionally threatened through strength of arms, both her own, and don't get me wrong, she is a powerful priestess and warrior, and that of her armed forces.

But more importantly, at every turn in WC3 she resorts to violence to solve all her problems. humans cutting down trees? Don't talk to them, kill them all. Malfurion is guarded by spirits of the emerald dream? Slaughter them to get to him. Illidan needs to be freed to fight the burning legion? Kill all his guards, who are guarding him on her order, in order to get him out.

Quite frankly, her immediately resorting to a big frontal charge is probably the most in-character thing she's done in WoW
>>
>>48927791
HotS' portrayal of Illidan is the best anyone has ever done edgy
>I alone must act
>>
>>48932600
>Tell me about the Auchenai.
WHY DO THEY PROTECT THE CRYPTS?
A LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED CULTIST
>>
>>48931772
Monks need bows
>>
>>48932918

Even the Blizzard writers have disregarded that one for Legion.
>>
>>48932960
Just because Pathfinder monks suck unless they're using a bow doesn't mean all monks do
>>
>>48932960
it fucking kills me that three of the coolest weapons in WoD were only usable by BM monks and guardian druids, who both didn't actually use the weapons, just held them as a literal stat stick while punching things
>>
>>48932938
>humans cutting trees
humans and orcs, aka the same creatures that killed cenarius who was going to be her greatest asset.

>kill the guardians
because they only allowed druids there and malfurion's barrow was on the verge of being overrun by the scourge.

>illidan
unjustifiable.

>big frontal charge
She had lightly armed archers and the like. She should know better than to go banzai charging them into a defensive location. Its the type of thing varian would do.
>>
>>48928469
Maybe it'll be the nightelves, they're number 2 after the orcs on the easy to manipulate list.

Flame druids and naga
>>
>>48932987

I meant more in aesthetic way. Archery would be a very fine discipline a monk could work to master. Could make for a ranged spec and one that does not utilize hand to hand. I want a monk that uses that weapon! Give me my wuxia style
>>
Anyone else hoping NElf, Belfs and Pandas get some unique dialogue when talking to Nightborne (Given their shared history)? On second thoughts that not gonna happen, Blizzard didn't even give Pandarens any unique dialogue when they went to Pandaria!
>>
>>48933272
>Blizzard didn't even give Pandarens any unique dialogue when they went to Pandaria!
the playable pandarens are from the Wandering Isle, Pandaria pandarens don't even know who Chen is
>>
File: 1470573552589.jpg (61KB, 625x533px) Image search: [Google]
1470573552589.jpg
61KB, 625x533px
>>48932785
Is shitting up /v/ not enough for you?
>>
Can anyone please shed some light on this?

How possible is it for a Draenic shaman to become a paladin and if so, would they be a Vindicator or Exarch?

I'm under the impression that shamanism was seen as an extension of the Light and that the Draenei as a race are very intimate with the Light itself.

Vindicators seem to be more militant beings, while Exarchs are more political leaders. Am I wrong here? Any help would be nice, thanks.
>>
>>48931263
Calling it, Sylvanas made a deal with spirits to fuck over Vol'jin and get command over the Horde; and we're going to finally fight her as a raid-boss. End of expansion, Vol'jin will be alive again.
>>
>>48933401
draenei paladins are vindicators, exarchs are just the leaders of the draenei. IIRC one of the exarchs during WoD was a rangari
>>
>>48933155

Yeah night elves have the great big colossal fuckup of history to blame for, but at least they haven't done it more than once - how many times have the orcs done the whole rape pillage and burn business? I have to go back and actually count it in my post so that's already a bad sign - 4 times.

I'm less dismantle the horde and more dismantle the orcs. Trolls and Tauren are cool, forsaken are managable. AND T R O L L G I R L S >>48932388 GIMME GIMME GIMME

I need to see if I can fix that fucking 51900314 error since it'd be nnice to play WOW again
>>
>>48933401
Exarchs as of WoD seem to have nothing to do with Paladins, they're leaders in Draenei society, nothing more. There was a Hunter Exarch in WoD Draenor.

As to whether a Draenei Shaman can turn to the light, sure, there's nothing stopping them as far as I know. That is, for the proper blue space goat Draenei.

The Broken like Nobundo are cut off from the Light, they cannot become Priests or Paladins no matter the circumstances, so they turned to the Elements instead.

But proper Draenei Shaman presumably became so willingly, so they should be able to choose to focus on the Light instead if they want to.
>>
>>48933401
Med'an did it easily
>>
>>48933426
This is so bad it could almost pass for blizzard writing
>>
>>48933538
I've heard of Med'an which is why I'm asking here. I've got a shaman who is considering going paladin for legion (Mainly so I can tank for my friends, none of them want to tank and still heal for them in pvp) and I don't want it to come across as Mary Sue'ish.

>>48933474
>>48933504
Thanks for the input, Vindicator it is! Just one last question if you don't mind, would there be any trials or tests for someone who wished to join the Vindicators?
>>
>>48931302
AND it would lead to another rise in BELF population so Kael's finest can reign supreme again!
>>
File: 491169.jpg (515KB, 2468x962px) Image search: [Google]
491169.jpg
515KB, 2468x962px
Tell me lads, which artefact weapon do you prefer?
Look-wise?
Fluff wise?

I'd say the new Ashbringer look wise, but the Frost DK blades fluff wise.
>>
File: Med'an_Guardian.png (391KB, 450x454px) Image search: [Google]
Med'an_Guardian.png
391KB, 450x454px
>>48933538
>>48933585
MED'AN THE QUARTER-DRAENEI, QUARTER-ORC, HALF-HUMAN. A PALADIN-MAGE-SHAMAN WHO IS ALSO THE GUARDIAN. SON OF GARONA AND MEDIVH.
Also retconned out of existence and doesn't exist outside the comics, even though the rest of the comic is canon, including Valeera, Broll, Meryl, Rehgar and pretty much everything not named "Med'an"
>>
>>48933643

Artifacts are a dumb idea.
>>
>>48933658
this
Imagine being inside your class hall with 5 gorillion other characters wielding legendary weapons that look the same and everyone calling (You) commander.
>>
>>48933674
Use phasing, problem solved
>>
>>48933674
You do knowyou can transmog the legendaries in Legion right?
>>
>>48933696
I thought you couldn't, apart from the legendary-specific 'mogs
>>
File: Ashbringer.jpg (172KB, 495x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Ashbringer.jpg
172KB, 495x1204px
>>48933674
Pic related.

>>48933696
Too bad I can't transmog Thor'idal.
>>
>>48933643
the Scythe of Elune and Felo'melorn are my favourite looking
Felo'melorn and the knifewife have my favourite lore
>>
>>48933696
>>48933696
that still doesn't make it any better.

What are you guys going to use for your mog weapons?

Veregian's fist for my pally.

Fell Iron greatsword for my UH DK
>>
>>48933643
Lookwise my favorite is the PVP version of Truthguard.

Lorewise, Xal'atath, I have a huge weakness for the old god stuff.
>>
>>48933743
>Fel Iron Greatsword for unholy
>not blood
>>
>>48933795
My other spec is blood.

I wonder if I can change spec at the drop of a hat.

Either way, it has the perfect runeblade look and stands out in a sea of purples.
>>
>>48933820
Now you can change spec easily. No primary and secondary, you can switch freely between the 3.
You can also change talents as soon as you're in a rest area or at the beginning of a dungeon/raid.
>>
>>48933674
I hope Blizzard comes up with 36 "iconic" characters, sort of like Pathfinder but less shit, one for each class spec

That way, we can have canonical wielders of the artifact weapons, instead of them drifting into canonical limbo
>>
>>48933820
>I wonder if I can change spec at the drop of a hat
Last time i played, you could. Though only out of combat and outside dungeons/raids
>>
>>48933820
You can change specs at the drop of a hat yes, but your artifact will have a lower level depending on your primary spec.
>>
>>48933857
they're pretty close to that with some classes, especially with Legion
>>
>>48933855
I like MoP overall, but christ I hate what they did with talents

It's no longer about making one build that is your character, but rather mixing and matching talents based on the specific ordeal ahead. In Legion it's even worse, with talents often coming with single target/multi target talents in the same tier, inspiring people to change talents multiple times mid-raid
>>
>>48933874
I don't mean pre-existing characters, I mean new characters, characters who are basically just the canonical PCs

Would also help with shit like who killed raid bosses, because "killed by random soldiers" is a mighty bland way for some of those guys to go
>>
>>48927290
Depends, are we ignoring anything neo-blizzard did?
>>
>>48933716
I still think that'd be better with "he's got the Ashbringer" since the whole joke is that everybody gets the supposedly unique legendary weapon.
>>
>>48933898
Well we are canonically the heroes of Azeroth since BC. Hell, there's a reason we're called Commander in WoD and all. We are the ones who did everything until now, which is why we're taking the head of the group of the class we lead with our hall, i.e becoming the Highlord of the Silver Hand, Deathlord of the Ebon Blade, Odyn's champion, etc.
>>
>>48933643
>Look-wise
Demonology Warlock/Discipline Priest/Mistweaver Monk/Truthguard. I seriously can't decide between them.

>Fluff-wise
Felo'melorn. I usually don't care much for Bllod Elf and Blood Elf accessories, but the lore behind it is quite interesting.

Also, the whole concept of artifact weapons feels wrong. How are we supposed to topple Legion power levels without literally ascending to literal god/titanhood?
>>
>>48933940
Yes but your idea of who "we" are is different from my idea of who "we" are.

I want a canonical "we"
>>
>>48930969
>Arthas never trained up his diplomatic skills.
Which was worrying for a prince to begin with.
>>
>>48933956
So you'd want heroes that you are told are the ones who downed Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing, Garosh and Archimonde and saved the world every time?
While you did it? Basically like Yuriel is said to have done this and that when you're the one who did all the work?
How do you think the community would react?
>Hey players, you're not having any impact on the world anymore, you're just here to watch us write a story that you can play in after everything is done.

Or am I misunderstanding you?
>>
>>48933743
>Retribution
Quel'delar, Might of the Faithful
>Fury warrior
Armageddon
>Windwalker
Two of those clubs that look like planks with a nail on it
>Enhancement
Mogging the off-hand to Pokhar's Thirteenth Axe
>>
>>48934015
>Quel'delar, Might of the Faithful
Mah nigga. I wish there were more "holy" rune blades available for Paladins.
>>
>>48934008
Yes

I mean, obviously I want WoW to fucking end first, unlike what the did with Yrel when she's actually there with you stealing thunder, and obviously I don't want them to show up in-game, but for stuff like the books (should they ever magically become good) it would be nice
>>
>>48934055
Oooh okay. I thought you meant in game and stuff.

Yeah, it would be nice I think, but damn it would need to be handled with utmost precision, because fuck me if there wouldn't be an outcry if this or that class/race is privileged compared to another.
>>
>>48933674
You mean like how you could be fucking around in the auction hall and 30 other warriors have the same axe of buttsmashing from the latest raid?
>>
>>48934055
>>48934008
>>48933956
>>48933940
>>48933898
>>48933874
>>48933857

The thing to remember about this is that as goofy as it sounds, the fictional storyline and the gameplay elements are to a degree separated. Yes, the game generally follows the metaplot laid out by its own storylines, and those of extra products such as books, comics and other media. But not stringently.

To make an example:

In-universe, the Lich King was defeated in battle by a coalition of powerful lore figures, not by 10 or 25 random adventurers

Since each player character has largely the same storyline nowadays where they tell you you're the hero of so and so who defeated that and that, it makes sense to think that as a player character you are something of a stand-in for lore characters. Obviously you don't want NPC's to do the work in a computer game, but you still want to progress the storyline.

It's a bit similar to Overwatch, I think, where the gameplay is not canon to the Overwatch storyline.
>>
>>48933650
such a Mary Sue.
>>
>>48934221
He is the most mary sue character ever created unironically
>>
>>48932694
True true

Maiev had her personality sabotaged in Wolfheart
>>
>>48934240
Thankfully Wolfheart seems to have been quietly retconned for the most part.
>>
>>48934240
but Maiev did nothing wrong, death to the Highborne
>>
>>48934162
Apart from Tyrion (who was playing Titanic during the fight) who is said to have been present for the fight with the LK?
>>
>>48934237
Who created him btw? Tell me it's not someone still working for Blizz.

You'd think a guy working in comics would have a bit of Internet knowledge about Mary Sues and how to avoid them.
>>
>>48934275
Walter and Louise Simonson are the writers, neither of them work or have ever worked for Blizzard
>>
>>48934263
Apparently, the new generation of Death Knights was to be created from the corpses of those that fought him atop ICC; all his Snidely Whiplashing across Northrend was meant to test who, among the thousands of murderhobos the Alliance and Horde let loose on his lawn, was worthy of being raised as a new, powerful generation of Scourge.

What he didn't count on was Tirion using hax.
>>
>>48930904

"arthas was right" is the exact same as "arthas dindu nuffin wrong, he was a good boy"

you're still a dindu
>>
Garrosh would have been an awesome leader. I'm sure he was slowly being built up from a headstrong, unstable but desperate to fill daddy's boots youth into a good leader.

Orcs thrive in strife, he was a badarse to lead a nation of badarses rather than some watery harmony weakling. Still quietly irked he was retconned into going full corruption retard.
>>
>>48931270

>Referring to people who like things that you don't as "babies"

The pinnacle of maturity.
>>
>>48932814
To be fair, if she hadn't have lied about Tyrande, then she and Malf wouldn't have arrived in time to stop Illidan from tearing Northrend in half. I mean, yeah she was mean about it, but she wasn't wrong.
>>
File: 1470384422992.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1470384422992.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>48930904
>No one says Arthas is a dindu
>But Arthas is a dindu
>>
>>48934262
Tell me, anons, why is Maiev the best night elf and seemingly the only one who can get anything done?
>>
>>48934594
Because she's an obsessed perfectionist. "Oh, I've failed at my charge? Let's try again, but harder this time."

Guldan notes that she, Khadgar, and the player characters all have that same trait in common. No matter how many times you knock them down, they'll just get back up and come at you even harder. It's truly a terrifying set of traits.
>>
File: Just get me the stones anon.jpg (140KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Just get me the stones anon.jpg
140KB, 900x600px
Is Khadgar a really good mage, or is he a really bad mage?
>>
>>48934715
He's a strong mage, probably all talent and no skill
>>
>>48934715
He's also magically good at dad jokes.

>Bring me his head!
>Tell you master I've grown quite attached to it.
>>
>>48934715
He's a meme mage. Being good or bad doesn't matter when you have memes.
>>
>>48934743
A memage?
>>
>>48934743
Is he a prophet of kek then? Does he bring the meme magic to Azeroth?
>>
>>48934774
>>48934766
>>48934743
Damn, who let /x/ in?
>>
>>48934766
he's the Archmeme
>>
>>48934836
Archmeme of the Kekin Tor?
>>
>>48932144
Adding maelstrom doesn't mess with (elemental) rotation in the least.
It's still casting lava burst and lightning bolt until Fulmation procs.
>>
>>48934741
>now normally I wouldn't ask you to assault a heavily armored, moving train but... No, wait. I'm actually going to ask things like this of you all the time
>I'm beginning to understand what a Samophlange is for!
>>
File: 1469221841245.png (648KB, 1055x808px) Image search: [Google]
1469221841245.png
648KB, 1055x808px
>>48934855
>>
>>48934766
He's one of those anons that thinks throwing around buzzwords will make him fit in.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 152x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 152x258px
>>48928469
To be fair, its because 1% of Orcs are evil as fuck, and 10% really like getting told they can dindu away guilt and morality.

Most Orcs, according to the two RPGs, are the same as most humans. Just peasants/peons working the land. Peons just have far less rights.

As far as leaders go, Blackhand took their ethnic identities. Doomhammer took their rights away, making them slaves to the warrior caste. Ner'zhul took their homeland, leaving them as imprisoned slaves.

Thrall gave them a new homeland, Gartosh restored their rights and told them they can study magic now before taking those rights away again.
>>
>>48935062
also, most of the orcs that followed Garrosh were only part of the Horde during Cata

fucking of course the Blackrock and Dragonmaw clans were going to turn evil, they've literally never not been the antagonists
>>
>>48931379
So every jamaican has to be like your friend or else you get grumpy?
>>
>>48935062
The biggest difference being humans don't go on genocidal rampages to the last man just because "boss sez"
>>
>>48935111
>Scarlet Crusade
>>
Which Warcraft species can interbreed?

Which can interbreed and produce viable offspring?
>>
>>48935138
as far as we know, orcs can breed with anything and humans can breed with elves
>>
>>48935138
All of them. Guilty until proven innocent.
>>
>>48935125
Oh I didn't know the scarlet crusade included every single able bodied man from gilneas, stormwind, stromgarde, alterac, kul tiras and theramore and was formed to eliminate all the non-human inhabitants of azeroth to the last

Thanks for the heads up
>>
>>48935138
There are elf/human, orc/draenei, orc/ogre, if you want creatures with culture and shit. Nature spirits/demigods/gods fucking anything moving and producing things is plentiful
>>
>>48932925
Touchy point?
>>
>>48935169
The equivalent would basically be "every other human leader is evil or an asshole, and half the knights are evil or assholes, peasants have no rights whatsoever and just want to go back to mining copper and hunting deer, plus Alterac and Gilneas are evil assholes but the Alliance keeps them to try to redeem them and use them as cannon fodder in the meantime".

The Hordekeeps going evil because a Confederation never works but most Orcs aren't evil. Evil Horde quest givers are in the minority, plus natural selection via war is wiping out the evil over time anyway.
>>
>>48935266
Yeah but your "equivalent" is, simply put, complete and utter bullshit while orcs have proven time and time again all they need is the slightest of nudges to become race-wide evil
>>
>>48935169
>gilneas
Faggots took a shitfit because their king didn't want to contribute to the internment camp program
>stormwind
Was razed and only rebuilt itself in wow
>stromgarde
A dead kingdom
>alterac
traitors
>kul'tiras
Busy hidding their islands from the world
>theramore
was built after the fall of lordaeron by the humans that left their homeland and forcefully fought at hyjal

Most of those kingdom were busy being dead/isolated by the time the scarlet crusade was born.
>>
>>48935307
except for the only time the orcs were "race wide evil" was the original Horde. The vast majority of the orcs in Thrall's Horde betrayed Garrosh, it was only the clans he allied with in Cata (that were former members of the Dark Horde) that joined him en masse
>>
>>48935307
>while orcs have proven time and time again all they need is the slightest of nudges to become race-wide evil
>race-wide evil

*tips fedora*
>>
>>48935062

>guy wears pants

>wife (presumably) wears a bikini

What?
>>
>>48935311
And yet, all of the orc clans put aside their massive differences and travelled a whole planet in order to band together and answer ner'zhul's most honorable cause of "let's murder the draenei for reasons"
>>
>>48935111
>to the last man

>>48935169
>every single able bodied man

>>48935307
>Race wide evil

The mag'har show this to be false even when demonic corruption is involved, and the many decent orcish folk you meet in Cataclysm and MoP show it still isn't the case under Garrosh
>>
>>48935370
Yeah totally, like the warsong and the shattered hand right?
>>
>>48935407
Garadar was pretty much a leper colony. I don't think they exactly count as a part of the mainstream orc society.
>>
>>48935111
>Scarlet Crusade
>Proudmoores invasion of Durotar and the Echo Islands
>Jainas invasion of the southern barrens
>Destruction of Alterac
>>
>>48935396
And the reasons ner'zhul gave was that the draeneis were about to exterminate the orcs soon.

Which nobody believed until their "ancestors" approved of this.

Kil'jaeden is a cunt, and so are you for shooting the messengers.
>>
>>48935425
It was also a safe haven for any orcs that chose to leave the Horde when Blackhand was in charge. Because by that point it was either join the leper colony or be labelled a traitor and killed
>>
>>48935407
A single village

Do you realize the massive difference there is between "all but a small group of orcs committed genocide in an entire planet and a whole continent of another" and "yeah about half the humans are dicks I guess, what with trying to reclaim their land and avenge their families through pretty dickish means"
>>
>>48935396
>Dey terrorists
>Dey have somethin' we wunt
>they are not us

Goat people were scape goats to focus the attention of everyone elsewere until it was to late.
>>
>>48935438
Do you realize how minor all of that is compared to an entire planet and a continent's worth of genocide?

>>48935447
Yeah because that is totally a reasonable course of action. Let's, instead of preparing to defend ourselves once actually provoked, go out there and murder everything because "they might be doodooheads"
>>
>>48935459

Of course

But the difference between "all" of them being monsters and "the vast, overwhelming majority" of them being monsters is still significant

About the same as it is for eredar
>>
>>48935521
Oh totally, 1% is totally the same significance as 33%
>>
>>48935562
It was about 1% of the Eredar you know

Only a select few followed Velen, the vast, vast majority followed Kil'jaeden and Archimonde
>>
>>48932814
You would still expect new writers to go over the previous work to make sure there's consistent character behavior/story continuation, and someone has to remain to supervise it all. There's a failure of management somewhere where you fuck up that badly.
>>
>>48935584
Pretty sure it was a third of all eredar that followed Velen, I admit I could be wrong, but then you have to consider the draenei have a completely distinct culture and outlook (they even look different) from their ancestors they split from millenia ago, and yet the orcs still call themselves the "horde" and behave equally
>>
>>48935658

But that's EFFORT, anon. Nobody plays Blizzard games for the story or worldbuilding.
>>
>>48935658
Hell, I bet they could hire someone like Red Shirt Guy for a pittance to just sit at meetings and correct people's lore fuckups all day long.
>>
>>48935669
Wasn't the only reason the legion didn't get all of the eredar because Velen was already in contact with the light/naru/whatever?
>>
>>48935758
A naaru (K'ure) gave Velen a vision of Sargeras' true intentions, and provided the means for Velen and his foloowers to run away to Draenor and from the Burning Legion.
>>
>>48935385
The art for that comic was awful, enough said.
>>
>>48935498
Demons, man. Did you want reasonable courses of action from people wot got tricked by demons? Because that's not a thing that happens.
>>
>>48935370
>garrosh would take over the world when he couldn't take control of his faction
kek.

blizzard is worse than GW.
>>
>>48935438
>scarlet crusade
manipulated by dreadlords and they want to kick the undead fucking shits out of lordaeron. The same undead that keep making plague and raising the dead.
>Invasion of the isles
because the horde had just attacked alliance settlements while travelling west and stolen a fleet from lordaeron.
>jaina's invasion
a war started by the horde chimping out
>alterac
a nation of traitors, and as far as we know the people weren't killed. the defias were dispossessed nobles.
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 533x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 533x496px
>>48935972
>blizzard is worse than GW.
Nobody is worse than GW.

EA is better than GW. Square-Enix is better than GW. Wizards of the Coast is better than GW.
>>
>>48932861
>Dave Kosak, creator of the WoW fan-comic Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth became the new head writer

Shit, I remember that webcomic.

What the fuck was Blizzard thinking? How is this a good idea, and why is he still the creative lead for WoW? Did nobody else in the company want the job so they gave it to the most prominent fan-fic writer they could find?
>>
>>48936043
>EA
>company that had Westwood and fucking BFME in it's hands and killed them
EA is satan, and blizzard is iblis.
GW is just josef mengele.
>>
>>48936061
>Did nobody else in the company want the job so they gave it to the most prominent fan-fic writer they could find?

Blizzard's focus was PR. Build a loyal fanbase, and cater to the loudest demands.

The guy wrote a semi-popular webcomic and was vocal.

At least it wasn't Cru The Dwarf.
>>
>>48936124
yeah. that strat has worked wonders for them. I assumed that blizzdrones were a meme, but I was actually surprised when Total Warhammer was announced. The amount of people saying that CA was ripping of Warcraft was staggering.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 736x382px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 736x382px
>>48936250
When I saw that shit I was reminded of this PA
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 340x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 340x486px
Have you bowed down and worshipped the Queen today /tg/?
>>
>>48936250
I think it had enough different that I would consider playing it.
>>
>>48936306
Yes
>>
>>48936306
I'm not a Naga, so I can't. Sorry, bud. Just no place there for me. Inability to breathe water and all that.
>>
>>48936061
What the fuck.

I mean, liked that comic, but it wasn't exactly the stuff of anything but cheap laughs.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 600x465px
>>48936306
Why is Morathi purple?
>>
>>48936436
Morawho ?
>>
>>48936436
>>48936306
damnit /tg/ why are sneering royal doninatrixs so perfect
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 767x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 767x624px
>>48936451
Blizzard ripped off Azshara from Warhammer Fantasy Morathi.

Both were Elf queens who fucked up the workd because they thought the main cosmic villain was their husbando.

The only real difference is Morathi doesn't lay eggs, and Azshara doesn't fuck her son.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (133KB, 550x857px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
133KB, 550x857px
>>48936061
>>48936399
Just imagine if they'd given the job to whoever wrote Unbroken.
>>
>>48936012
>defias

Wrong organisation m8.
>>
>>48936250
>>48936284
I'm not going to pretend like I have the slightest clue about Warhammer but isn't it just another Orcs and elves setting? Slightly Tolkien at a glance?
>>
>>48937102
Warcraft/Starcraft literally started as a Warhammer game, until GW decided to cancel it. Blizzard refurbished the assets and made their own thing
>>
>>48937102
The similarities are largely in the races present. There's Humans, Elves that live in the woods, magical elves, Dwarfs in the mountains and Orcs that love a good fight. There's Undead, 'Old Ones' that may as well be Titans (came from the stars, left some races to sort shit out and are now all dead). But the races interactions are typically rather different, there's not exactly a list of big NPCs like Thrall, Malfurion and Tirion who interact regularly and change the course of faction dynamics. Also, the purposes the setting serves means the settings are inherently different. Warhammer exists to sell minatures so that a bunch of teenagers can buy armies and battle them against their mates and there's probably some lore reason for it. Humans vs Humans, you can have different Elector Counts, stuff like that. Warcraft has evolved to become a story for players to save Azeroth every other year from a new menace, and everything in it exists to create an interesting story within the pre-set narrative.
>>
>>48937102
Warhammer created green orcs, among a lot of other concepts. It is unique for basically being our world that is leaving the dark ages rather than being in the midst of them.

Its too much to list, but simply put; its generic from being the first of a lot of things that was ripped off by everyone.
It ripped off a great deal as well, but most of that wasn't copied elsewhere.
>>
>>48936306
you just posted this cause that fapfic idea from last thread
>>
>>48937437
I don't think he ever denied that, anon.
>>
>>48932600
Humans also have monks, though they use the Light instead of Chi.

A dwarves had them in the form of (now non-canon) Runemasters, which they taught the tauren how to use.
>>
>>48927791
>No "not prepared" jokes
>>
>>48937878
>A dwarves had them in the form of (now non-canon) Runemasters, which they taught the tauren how to use.
The other way around
>>
>>48934460
No he didu, he didu everything

the question is whether or not he was right. And he was.

I can admit he did horrible things but he was justified.
>>
>>48937437

what fapfic idea
>>
>>48938293
>>48913489

This thing.
>>
The new TW game and Blizzard games do have one similarity - they're both good examples of GW shooting themselves in the foot. Blizzard came to GW because they wanted to make a game in their setting, then the deal fell through because GW were greedy fucks. Imagine what the warcraft games being in warham setting could have done for GW's brand and sales!

Then the TW guys release a game..set in the setting they just fucking destroyed not too long ago. Are those people playing the game going to play AoS? Nope, I doubt it.
>>
>>48938381

More.
>>
>>48938655
I doubt people started buying figurines of 40k when dawn of war came out.
>>
>>48938032
Those ran their course 10 years ago.
>>
>>48938729
That would be very, very wrong.
40k exploded in popularity compared to what it was before Dawn of War.
>>
>>48938729
Well, my first real contact with 40k was from DoW (before that I'd read about it in some gaming magazines, and seen some minis sold in a random model store, but hadn't really looked into it). Then DoW came out and was a pretty fun game, and a year or so later GW opened a store in my home town, so I decided to check what the original tabletop game was like.
>>
Just got back from the Broken Shore scenario

Varian a real nigga

but 10$ says we fight Fel Wrynn some time in the future
>>
>>48939308
Dude got atomized
>>
>>48939308
It's gonna be council fight against Fel-Wrynn, Fel-Tirion, Fel-Vol'jin and I don't know, Fel-Arthas for that Illidan vs Arthas rematch.
>>
>>48939308
Someone pointed out a couple of threads ago that fighting a corrupted Varian as part of a fight with Goldrinn could be possible thanks to the Emerald Nightmare stuff and varian's odd connection with the wolf spirit.
>>
>>48931220
Pretty much all of Wod is, "Look what could have been so awesome if only we gave a shit,"
I want playable botani faction where you can chose different "Infected classes" that eventually evolve into full botani with Genosaure mega abilities.
>>
Where was Khadgar during warcraft 3 and early WoW?
>>
>>48939562
>Where was Khadgar during warcraft 3 and early WoW?
Stuck in outland.
>>
>>48939562
I believe he was trapped on Outland for being a shitty wizard. He was part of an expedition sent out in a Wc2 Expansion pack to establish Honour Hold and fight Orcs.
>>
>>48939587
>shitty wizard
Isn't he supposed to be Medivh 2.0? No way he's shitty.
>>
>>48939859
Medivh was a guardian and possesed by Sargeras, you can't top that shit
>>
>>48933743
>What are you guys going to use for your mog weapons?
The Velen staff look a like from Shadowmoon on my arcane mage.

Phoenix claw from Al'ar for my elemental shaman, at least until I get the magma artifact skin.

Sulfuras and the pyre staff from Firelands for my fury warrior.

The Iron Warden skin for my vengeance DH, so it looks like I'm smacking assholes with a pair of shields.

My resto druid is keeping the default magic tree branch appearance.

>>48934135
>All those Shadowmourne warriors and DKs.

>>48934971
Khadgar, the most honest quest giver.

And smart enough to keep a pair of goblin jumper cables around 'just in case.'
>>
>>48939876
Yeah but he tries real hard. He even had a cinematic just like when Medivh transformed from a crow before King Terenas! Surely the lad deserves points for effort.
>>
>>48939913
I'm really sad I couldn't Reincarnate during that part, so he'd turn around and see an angry shaman staring at him.
>>
>>48939928
>lad
He's like 44 at this point
>>
>>48940011
Yeah but compared to Medivh he's a lad. Must suck being stuck as the eternal apprentice, knowing you'll never live up to the (in)glorious heights of your teacher.
>>
>>48935138
Official word is that any race can crossbreed with any other race, though not always through natural means.

Human/elf and orc/ogre are confirmed for being possible through regular reproduction. Orc/draenei might require magic to make it work or could be possible naturally, it's not really clear.
>>
>>48940060
Well there is an orc/draenei blademaster in Nagrand
>>
File: TZLSA3O9AT4P1458070980016.gif (457KB, 350x432px) Image search: [Google]
TZLSA3O9AT4P1458070980016.gif
457KB, 350x432px
>>48938656
No.
>>
>>48940011
He's more like 50, was 17 when apprenticed around year 0 in the timeline (592 King's Calendar) and we're in year 33 of the dark portal calendar. Medivh was 44 around the time he opened the dark portal, so that should give you a comparison of how powerful they are considering similar ages.

Also for that guy who asked in a previous thread about Jaina and milf territory, she's 36.
>>
>>48940096
Garona's since been retconned as been half-orc, half-draenei as well. But anon probably just means that there's been no real establishment on how natural it is.
>>
File: 1471142345515.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1471142345515.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
>>48940149
>Jaina
>Milf
>>
>>48940118

MORE I SAY
>>
File: yoggsaron_by_htg17-d8pre56.jpg (420KB, 1000x704px) Image search: [Google]
yoggsaron_by_htg17-d8pre56.jpg
420KB, 1000x704px
>>48940183
Yrr n'lyeth, shuul anagg!

You will learn - no queen rules forever! Only death is eternal!
>>
>>48940258

yogg-chan is the cutest old god
>>
>>48940300
Wow the Old Gods' madness works fast. It's already affected you!
>>
>>48940312

Well it's the only old god that's female that we know of. Plus her avatar is a cutie.
>>
>>48940149
>Also for that guy who asked in a previous thread about Jaina and milf territory, she's 36.
The whole mana bomb incident seems to have aged her an extra decade.
>>
>>48940300
>>
>>48940350
>Female
What. How do you know its sex? I thought they had no gender.
>>
>>48940448
He's talking about how Yogg disguised itself as Sif and then again as Sara.

>>48940391
Nah, her hair turned white 'cause of the portal that got her out of there, right?
>>
>>48940391
Platinum blonde hair =/= Old
>>
>>48940466
>He's talking about how Yogg disguised itself as Sif and then again as Sara.
Can you explain this? I played WotlK and don't remember this and afaik Yogg doesn't appear in any other expansions.
>>
>>48940490
It appears as a "friendly" female Vrykul NPC shortly before the actual fight in Ulduar.

Dunno about the Sif business though.
>>
>>48940466
>>48940472
I meant her voice. She SOUNDS older than 36.
>>
>>48940490
The Ulduar raid. He looked like Sif to confuse Thorin and then disguised himself to fool the players, though I admittedly don't know why.
>>
>>48940512
Crazy is a helluva drug
>>
>>48940542
>>48940542
>>48940542
>>48940542

New thread.
>>
>>48940096
supposedly there was an entire clan of orc/dreaneis but Lantresor was the only one who hadn't been killed by the time of BC
>>
>>48930579
>We were sucking human/dwarf dicks while our home got murder fucked by spookybones
>Garithis was a giant asshole to our people, whatever, still sucking demon dick

Fuck you, the last good high elf died with Sylvy and Anastrian
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.