[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General - Big Titty Slag in every faction edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 27

File: malifaux2.jpg (178KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
malifaux2.jpg
178KB, 1024x768px
ooks;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Still looking for super cool anon to scan new book

more pics of new book can be found in old thread >>48823188

What are you working on?
What do you play?
Who is your favorite in game slag?
>>
>What are you working on?
Currently working on my Ulix and brewmaster crews for a tourney next weekend.
>What do you play?
fucking everything I swear to god
>Who is your favorite in game slag?
Probably trixy. I really love how she's so good that everyone wants to take her, and her model is kinda cute.
>>
>>48896313
building: nightmare whiskey golem
Play: gremlins
Slag: Lilith

>>48896404
What you plan on running in those crews?
>>
>>48896404
>>48896478
Do people plan out crews? I was under the impression that people built stuff on the fly depending on the strategy.
>>
>>48896503
usually they have a set 30 or so points of models they like / fill whatever gimmick they want to play with, and then finish the crew out with models more for strat/schemes
>>
>>48896478
Ulix -- 6ss
+Huntin' Bow - 2ss
+Liquid Bravery - 1ss
+Husbandry - 3ss
Penelope - 2ss
Gracie - 10ss
+Saddle - 1ss
Hog Whisperer - 5ss
Old Major - 9ss
+Corn Husks - 2ss
Slop Hauler - 5ss
The Sow - 8ss

The Brewmaster -- 3ss
+Binge - 1ss
Apprentice Wesley - 3ss
Francois LaCroix - 7ss
+Dirty Cheater - 1ss
+Stilts - 1ss
Lenny - 9ss
+I'll Love It And Pet It... - 1ss
Performer - 6ss
Rooster Rider - 6ss
Rooster Rider - 6ss
Trixiebelle - 8ss
+A Gun For A Lady - 1ss

Schemes and strats are as follows for the rounds:
Round 1: Strategy- Headhunter
Schemes- Convict Labor
Covert Breakthrough
Undercover Entourage
Frame for Murder
Inspection

Round 2: Strategy- Extraction
Schemes- Convict Labor
Search the Ruins
Show of Force
Leave Your Mark
Mark for Death

Round 3: Strategy- Guard the Stash
Schemes- Convict Labor
A Quick Murder
Occupy Their Turf
Neutralize the Leader
Detonate the Charges

>>48896503
The tourney I'm going to gave out the schemes and strats early but told us for expedient sake to bring two prebuilt lists.
>>
File: image.jpg (620KB, 1809x1666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620KB, 1809x1666px
Did a little freehand I'm a little proud of.
>>
File: RTdKBzr8c.jpg (193KB, 1443x1066px) Image search: [Google]
RTdKBzr8c.jpg
193KB, 1443x1066px
>>48896755
reminds me of the roadhog spray from overwatch

need to add one of these on the piggies ass. I'll probably put one on a stuffed piglet
>>
>>48896785
Thanks that's actually exactly what I was going for. And what is that symbol?
>>
>>48896800
arabic symbol for allah, fitting for suicidal pigs
>>
>>48896821
Ah.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Made some good progress on the whiskey golem, just gotta add gremlins and base it after work. Wasn't as tough to build as I thought it would be from looking at the sprue
>>
>>48897246
Make sure that you don't assemble the hand with the swing until you've placed the ropes, it's nearly impossible to do it when the fist is closed.
>>
>>48897319
Yeah, I learned my lesson from my screw up on the iron skeeters. Thanks for the heads up though
>>
>>48896573
No starting piglets with Ulix? You gonna have a slow first couple of turns, mah boi.
>>
Has anyone had any success playing a game with more than 2 people? I don't think it would work but is there a scenario somewhere for two crews a side or something?
>>
>>48897610
You could try 2 50ss vs 1 100ss/ 2 35 vs 1 70ss crew. Maybe allow one of the latter's henchmen to function as a pseudo master.
>>48894900
Fluff was way more tedious with my jank rig than I expected. Though might do it anyway when I get off work if someone doesn't bead me to it.
>>48896821
Can't wait to see them completed. Based Sikhs vs Mudslimes when?
>>
>>48897610
There's the malifaux two headed giant format. Two players form a team, only one master. Google that shit.
Otherwise, I like the scenario from Crossroad which is 3 player - though you'd have to limit the schemes more than they say to (some become bullshit easy with 3 deployment zones).
>>
Could some one with the multipart lady and man kits tell me if there are any Asianic clothing styles?
I'm working on some 10T civies for a campaign my group will have at the end of the year.
>>
>>48898439
Nope. While you can do some hard scrabble immigrant workers like the rail workers, you won't find any traditional Asian clothing.
>>
>>48898700
Damn.
Well time to hunt down other ranges.
>>
>>48897525
Not usually, I run the sow and old major so that I can spend first turn with ulix summoning 2 piglets and then letting them get healed by the slop hauler before anything starts to move. Gracie takes the saddle so that the hauler doesn't have to worry about wasting ap for walk actions.
>>
>>48896503

Yes and no.

Some crews have a couple of models that are almost auto includes with certain masters. I'll almost always take Mortimer with Nico or Lenny plus a couple of Bayou Gremlins with Somer.
>>
>>48897610

I tried a three way game that was pretty underwhelming.

I forget the schemes and strategies, but it was my Nico, my friend's Collete, and my other friend borrowing my Somer crew. The two were dating, so they spent most of the time trying to fuck each other over while doing nothing to stop my summoning engine.
>>
>>48897610
There are some 3 and 4 player story encounters in the scheme & strat deck
>>
>>48896503
Sure, that's what you're supposed to do. But fuck that, if I wanna play somebody I'm going to play them. I learn the strengths and weaknesses of units better that way.
>>
File: 3wayduel.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3wayduel.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>48897610
Three-way games can work really well. Basically, have one person deploy on the center of an edge of the board in a 6x18 field, and the two others on the opposite corners in a 6x15+3x6 field. All players can only score points with their schemes against the player left to them if they specify an opponent, and their center lines are always through the other two deployment zones to the center. Works with pretty much all schemes and strategies.
>>
>>48899564
Could be that the top player had a 9x12 deployment zone, but it's the same principle.
>>
Gentlemen, I'm not a huge fan of the asami model, and even though I own her and I'm gonna paint up the original as a "just in case". I want a stand in/proxy. Can you guys recommend any good looking models that might work for her?
>>
>>48900204
Is it the entire model or just her face? Because Im sure you could make/take like a Torakage-y mask.
>>
>>48900309
Entire model, I'm not a huge fan of the hunchback of the distant east. I'm thinking about one of the orian like the full komomono one because then it meets proxy rules. But I'd be open to other companies as well.
>>
Are Onryo worth summoning/hiring in Molly?
>>
>>48900590
Summoning. Sure why the fuck not.
Hiring. I feel that one might be good for hiring if you are gonna run with lots o' spirits. if for nothing else than that Tag a dude with adversary then summon a spirit near him. To that end, I would probably take it in lieu of a belle or doxy (I'm weird and run 2 belles and a doxy in pretty much all of my molly crews)
>>
File: Oiran 1 - Assembled (1).jpg (29KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran 1 - Assembled (1).jpg
29KB, 480x640px
>>48900309
actually thinking more about the Orian I just remembered I have one of these that I never did anything with. I think I'll use her for my stand in Asami. Thanks for kickstarting me thinking about the orian.
>>
Is this guy supposed to be the M1E equivalent of Dashel?
>>
Guy with too many questions about Molly again. Horrors or spirits? I figure one way leads me into Tara and Nicodem and the other more Kirai and maybe Reva. Both sides seem neat and seem like they're getting some love this wave
>>
>>48903506
>gud guard caption

And probably. Where the fuck did he get a semiautomatic handgun?
>>
Has anyone used Oiran with Colette Showgirl crews?
I'm too noob to work out whether the WP buffs are worthwhile over a Performer and extra Cache stones.

>>48898439
>>48898779
From memory I think the Bushido line has a few that are reasonably in-scale.

>>48899254
Well that sounds like the problem was entirely onteh players, not the set up.

>>48900204
Bushido probably hasa model for Asami too.
The Oiran are pretty models though.
I just don't know if they're Master-y enough, really.

/shill. I don't even own any Bushido models, they just look fairly nice.
>>
>>48903529
>Tara and Nicodem and the other more Kirai and maybe Reva
More like Kirai and Yan Lo, he has some synergies with Spirits (though in most cases he'll hire Izamu and Komainu, and the latter are unfortunately not dual faction). I haven't really found any non-Horror Spirit models that I'd really include in a Reva crew, on the other hand Yin and Draugr are only Horrors and should have some potential with her.

And just look at all the Spirit options and read the forums where some people are ranting like a madman about muh Adversary synergy. Then realize that Punk Zombies, your staple Horror summons have built in positives to attack flips already and have hard to kill which is the best defensive ability for Molly's summon mechanic and never look at all those pathetic weeaboo ghosts again. Also Rogue Necromancy > Izamu.
>>
>>48896573
why a performer with brewmaster?
>>
>>48904885
Performer has an expunge trigger, and Brewy can load enemy models up with poison very easily.
>>
>>48904885
Lures, Scheme running, and the fact that she can cause a expunge-like trigger.
>>
Two rooster riders and I'm done for what I need for that tourney.
>>
>>48905564
its sad they made one cock so much smaller than the other 2 in that set :( its like they just didnt move the slider up far enough when they scaled it
>>
>>48905936
Some people on the forums have been asking for more Asian representation lately.
>>
>>48903554
Its supposed to be a mauser iirc
>>
So if I want to throw rats everywhere with Hamelin and then bring models that can freely shoot into engagements, what are my best options? McTavish and Anna, or maybe Hans now with his new upgrade?
>>
>>48906537
only other model I can think of that doesn't randomise is Angel Eyes
>>
>>48906537
why hamelin & rats when you can wong and stuffed piglets
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
May have gotten a little high off all these glue fumes but glad it's done
>>
>>48906717
Because as awesome as Glowy McT is, that's not the faction I own.

Besides, who doesn't love rats?
>>
Bacon and Whiskey lists are done.
>>
>>48906033
Holy shit lol
>>48907245
Looking great. A very light application of wash on the aquarium plants might make them blend better with your models.
>>
>>48907413
Fair, I feel like it's done enough for now though.

I'm already getting told that I need to represent gremlins for the store.
>>
File: lucius.jpg (437KB, 515x1836px) Image search: [Google]
lucius.jpg
437KB, 515x1836px
Well i've managed to lose part of Aeslin within 5 minutes of starting to build her, a piece fell down onto my carpet and can not find it.
My smile is gone for good.
unrelated to that but I painted up lucius whilst waiting for my gencon stuff to arrive.
>>
>>48907634
get a vacuum, and a pantyhose sock. Put the sock over the wand attachment and vacuum the area. You're welcome.
>>
Just saw this ingenious suggestion on the Wyrd forums:

#
Colette: 3ss, arcane reservoir upgrade, + initiative flip, and ss manipulation

Myranda: imbued energies

Killjoy: imbued energies

Turn one you draw as many cards as possible and only need to prompt once giving myranda reactivate. Myranda reactivates last walking into postion then shapechanges dropping off a Cerberus and killjoy, also allowing you to draw 4 more cards and then you kill whatever you want.
#

I didn't think Killjoy works like that.
>>
So with my gremlins and pigs getting done I need to decide on what to work on for the painting comp that's gonna happen alongside of the tournament. I've got a metal nekima that I'm thinking about working on but I could also work on something like Reva or Anna lovelace.
what do ya'll think?
>>
>>48907956
lovelace
>>
>>48908167
10-4
>>
Necropunks or dead orphans?
>>
>>48908348
Necropunks are better for pure scheme running, Crooligans have more general versatility.
>>
>>48908348
I like the orphans myself
>>
>>48903506
Dashel in 1.5 was the drill segent totem, he got a bit of a promotion.
>>
Is it fair to say that models in the game have quite a bit less synergy than those from, say, malifaux? I've got quite a few guild and ten thunders, and ive played a round or two with a local friendo using the two player starter. Looking through the books at the units, at least for ten thunders, it seems like a lot of stuff is it's own self sufficient thing. I mean, you've got your support units like low river monks and all that, but it seems like really synergy stuff is few and far between. As you take things based on their own merits. Something like this...

Misaki - A very finesse heavy beatstick
Yamaziko - Area denial
Low River Monk - Healer
Thunder Archer - High precision ranged DPS
Torakage - Basic troops
Samurai - Elite troops

It's not a problem, it just feels like I'm coming into the game with a bad mindset. Less warmachine, more infinity.
>>
>>48909502

from, say, warmachine?*
>>
>>48909502
On of the things Ten thunders do well is make their good stuff better. you can't just judge the model but also the upgrades that can go on it as well as how it interacts with the crew around it. if it doesn't than you will usually see people take them less unless its just something that's completely self sufficient.
>>
>>48909502

If you want a more supporty Ten Thunders master you want Shenlong.

You can use him and Sensei Yu to push your dudes around and hand out the Focused and Defensive conditions to them as 0 actions. His Low River Style upgrade also lets you pass out heals and remove negative conditions.
>>
>>48909502
Misaki, as a master, probably has some of the least model synergy of any master that isn't also actively bad.
>>
>>48907762
Actually he does. When a friendly model is killed or sacrifices he unburies, Myranda sacrifices as part of shape change.

Not sure how good it is but that is one hell of an alpha strike.
>>
I'm fucking beat. Finished up those those gremlins then decided to put together what was left of the eastern terrain I got in (5 other fucking buildings) But it's all done now at least.
Now I need to take a break while I think about how I want to base lovelace.
>>
>>48910983
So you really can use Myranda to drop a ready-to-activate Cerberus AND Killjoy AND your testicles right on their forehead turn one?
That's ridiculous.
As much because it's running against the fluff/theme of the shape change as because it drops two brutal beaters right there.
I say that as an Arcanist.

Doesn't his must-charge ability mean that he'd have to attack the Cerberus though?
Or would the activation order let you put the Cerberus out of range?
I can't find his card in my books.
>>
>>48912791
I'm pretty sure KJ starts too close to the cerberus to charge it
>>
>>48912791
>>48913079
KJ isn't obliged to charge the closest model, he just has to charge something that he is able to.

Also, in a worst case senario, you can activate the Cerberus first and leap away
>>
>>48912791
I agree fluff wise and if Myranda was worded like McCabe (removed instead of killed or sacrificed) then it wouldn't work. Kill joy is in book 1.

Even so Colette could reactivate a dove, send it screaming down board, and use its one action to sac it and let out kill joy 43 inches from where the dove started.
>>
>tfw Sandeep came in the mail yesterday
>tfw Brutal Emissary is waiting for me at the FLGS

What a time to be alive.
>>
Why are people suggesting Philip for Reva?
>>
>>48909502
Basically >>48910044

Most crews have MrG levels of synergy, allowing you to pull of interesting and powerful tricks if you understand how the combinations work

>>48911234
Nice. Part of that kickstarter a while back?
How much did it run you?

>>48915731
That sounds even better. Basically a ICBM with a Kiljoy warhead.
>>
>>48918025
Oh wait. She can push him 7 then make him turn schemes to corpses. Nifty
>>
>>48918257
Makes me wish you could get undead bandits had mercenary.

Being able to force enemies to drop scheme markers then turning them into corpses would be great.
>>
>>48918567
Sad that Tara can't take them in Ressers
>>
>>48919175
It makes me sad when other factions get undead, that Nico can't use.
>>
>>48896313
Definitely the Viks.
Two slags for the price of one.
>>
>>48919553
m1e rusty.
>>
>>48919340
I'm sad when I realize how well designed and versatile the new masters are compared to my favorite.
>>
>>48920708
Who's your favorite?

It used to be the same way in 1st. The Book one masters were garbage compared to later ones. At least now the disparity isn't that big.
>>
Anyone got pics of good malifaux terrain that isn't that plastcraft stuff? The scale irritates the hell out of me, and I want to make some of my own terrain. Need inspiration
>>
File: 1470462783334.jpg (835KB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1470462783334.jpg
835KB, 4000x2992px
>>48920990
Just put this stuff together.
>>
File: IMG_20160803_234353.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160803_234353.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
>>48920990
It's from the black Maria kickstarter. Although there are a couple other companies that do similar stuff.
>>
>>48921017

I've got stuff like that for infinity from black sheep. I've really come to love the "hard edged" terrain that been flooding into the market. By hard edged of course I mean stuff that makes LOS based games much easier to navigate when shooting and all that.

I plan on running a for fun event in october, want to make a bunch of carnival terrain out of various materials lying around. Wooden roller coaster with popsickle sticks, game booths with balsa/popsicle sticks, trash cans from bullet casings, trying to think of what kind of stuff you'd see at a malifaux carnival.

Pop sickle sticks are amazing btw, square the ends and you have an roughly scale plank of wood.
>>
>>48921017
>>48921046
Spraypainting all that stuff looks like a dautning task, but the buildings themseles look pretty good. They actually have itneriors unlike the stuff I use.
>>
>>48921101
I saw some terrain on Miniature marked that would fit the bill, I'm not sure how much you want to scratch build.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/pcgmf016.html
>>
>>48921136
I think they look alright unpainted. I think I might do stain instead of paint for a lot of it.
>>
>>48915731
>let out kill joy 43 inches from where the dove started.
Damn son, that's ridiculous.
Not quite the maximum brutality of Myranda, but I guess the advantage of being able to do it virtually corner-to-corner from behind terrain is pretty brutal, and way safer for the rest of the crew.
Probably perfect for A Quick Murdedering stuff too.

>>48913932
>KJ isn't obliged to charge the closest model, he just has to charge something that he is able to.
Good point.
I couldn't find the card because I assumed he as in Neverborn, being a Neverborn and all.
>>
>>48920843
Yes, it's not an excuse but I don't think you mean it to be. That's also one of the many reasons why I dropped m1e.
The disparity in performance may not be as pronounced. However, I'd argue it's just as glaring in how they play and how much the team has grown from a design standpoint.
Holding out for alternate cards which will never come.
>>
>>48921489
What matter do you play? Allot of matters have different play styles. They're all pretty well balanced though. Way way better then most wargames.

It might just be that your master doesn't fit the play style you want to play.

Almost none of the new masters are beat sticks.
>>
>>48921596
I hear that mantra a lot and can't buy into it. I feel imbalance and balance must be proven, right now we have no decent data on the subject.
Oh, definitely. I just dislike the themes of other masters, even if their mechanisms are super appealing.
VAYIKRA.
>>
>>48921429

Killjoy isn't Neverborn. He was exiled from them.
>>
>>48922276
I guess it depends on how Neverborn is defined, but to me that's like saying Napoleon wasn't French because he was exlied from France.
>>
Have any of the stat cards not been spoiled yet?
>>
>>48922365

I mean Faction-wise. He's a neverborn (Creature) but not a neverborn (Faction). Just like how an exile isn't part of the nation they were exiled from,
>>
>>48922601
Neva and the Outcast one haven't. Iirc
>>48922259
You mean the viks?
>>
>assembling Lazarus
> torso, head, arms go on fine
>legs are a bitch
>assemble one
>second one doesn't want the peg to go all the way through, it's clearly off
>I take/rip off the peg, breaking the model's toe in the process
>shave a bit off the next peg so it's thinner
>same thing, it doesn't go all the way through
>remove the peg (nothing broken this time)
>enlarge the hole a bit
>same thing
>remove peg, part 3
>shave off a bit of the outside of the bearings, maybe they don't have space to align
>try again
>manage to push it all the way through
>hurray!
>realize the leg's mounted the wrong way
>the peg doesn't want to go back out
>FML
>>
>>48922637
Reva's crew was a couple of threads ago as were the nonparker outcasts.
No, that's the Hebrew nickname for book of Leviticus.
>>
>>48922762
That sucks man. Live and learn, that's all we can do.
>>
>>48922878
Lol seems like most of the complaints about master imbalance is from level players.
>>
>>48923374
Wut?
I'm saying we can't know balance as we don't have evidence and that I don't like Lev's play style. Pls, no strawman here.
>>
>>48923501
What don't you like about his style?
>>
>>48923608
That the vast majority of my options involve killing (enemy and friendly) models. Executing is useful and he's good at it, but the lack of crew interaction and 2 nearly useless* abilities seem to exist to balance that specialization. I basically hate almost everything his mechanisms are about lol, but gosh darn I like his look.
>>
>>48922637
I know Reva was put out because I put them out with Asami's cards.

https://mega.nz/#!zFVSRBxI!R_vCkI7qTm-DKWkIJb-CmP3gg0V2f8FiyBzFyfcNV8k

On another note I finally got to try out my brewmaster list for the tourney today. I need to use brewy in the fray a bit more but in all I ended 7-7 against Jackdaw running search the ruins, convict labor, and extraction.
>>
>>48922762
I almost made that mistake when I was making mine, I used a thin metal file to force the pin out.
>>
>>48923881
>gosh darn I like his look
Use him as a proxy for something else. Since height is a fixed stat you can proxy with just about anything on the right sized base.
>>
>>48924007
>Leveticus humiliates Ramos
>Waif conducts a Thorough Investigation
>Abomination gives Johan an Exclusive Interview
That wouldn't work for tourneys, anon.
>>
File: titana.jpg (481KB, 1817x1022px) Image search: [Google]
titana.jpg
481KB, 1817x1022px
got Titanias crew assembled now, hopefully getting some painting done as the week progress. Have a couple of games lined up a little later in the week so I'll actually get to try her out.
I'm not quite sure what sort of crew to actually take with her. (well appart from a doppelganger, they're too good not to take)
I know that it's pointless trying to build a crew before knowing schemes and strategy but atleast with other masters i've played them a bit and have a rough idea what I want the crew to look like and do.
>>
>>48924249
Her fluff was some of the most enjoyable to read. Too bad Titania's sculpt is garbage, Wyrd can't release that alternate soon enough.
>>
>>48924324
>Too bad Titania's sculpt is garbage
I think the sculpts ok apart from the head, it looks even worse up close.
I don't have the book yet but i'm curious; what happens in her fluff?
>>
>>48924324
what alt?
>>
>>48924249

That crew looks like it'd be a nightmare to paint. So many tiny pointy bits.
>>
File: Upcoming Model Prototypes (5).jpg (95KB, 878x478px) Image search: [Google]
Upcoming Model Prototypes (5).jpg
95KB, 878x478px
>>48924370
>>48924479
I'll try to post some of it tomorrow. It's basically her waking up, reacting to the radically different world, and feeling compelled to safeguard the realm.
>>
>>48924481
It wouldn't be too hard to paint, then assemble. It's usually cleaner that way too, I guess that anon likes hard mode.
>>
>>48924632
huh interesting. who is the chicky with the zombie and the raven?
>>
>>48924660

I think that'd depend entirely on how many tiny pieces there are. Wyrd likes to make their models a right pain in the ass to assemble.
>>
I wish wyrd didn't have a fuck all bizarre method of releasing exclusive minis. I wanted that katanaka sniper, but there was no guarantee that if i ordered that spider thing box I would get it.

Didn't even know about the last promo with you getting it in the shen long box. Then again, again, I would have no way of knowing if it was actually coming with it or not. Bleh.
>>
>>48924988
might be alt nicodem like Dufresne was for McM
>>
>>48925127
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't get me this excited.
>>
>>48924632
any idea who the lady alchemist is? new character for book 5/someone for the other side maybe?
>>
>>48924104
Naw it's fine see that stuff in tourneys ask the time. As long as it looks close, and your opponent knows what's what it's not a problem.

I'd probably run leve as Nico and aboms as mindless zombies.
>>
>>48924988
it looks like the artwork on the 12 of crows for the old fate deck.
>>
>>48925087
At least they aren't like GW where the limited minis have exclusive rules

It is a shame as I want Miss Anne Thrope. Heres to hoping that I get one of them when I play in a tournament.
>>
>>48925275

Is that one way of getting them? I've got a guy sending me some in a trade, and frankly I don't care a whole lot about them but it was just to add value to the trade though.

Getting a nightmare teddy though. Dunno if thats an exclusive or not, but I loooove the creepy lanky look to it.
>>
>>48925275
I want miss demeanor. And I don't even run outcasts.
>>
>>48925294
Yeah, they give out limited minis are tournament support. Sometimes it will just be an existing model made out of clear plastic, but all of the other limited edition models are fair game.
>>
Who deals the best aoe damage?
>>
>>48925691
Wong. He does blast and pulse at the same time.
>>
>>48925691
Wong or Sonnia probably do the most if you mean just a single model and not a combo.
>>
>>48925691
>>48925749
Sonnia because Gremlins are not a faction and Arcanists are cucks.

Cross the Guild, get burned.
>>
>>48925852
>>48925811
>>48925749
Darn, so mercs are pretty weak compared to faction limited stuff?
>>
>>48925691
Wong. His attacks put out blasts And pulses potentially triggering attacks from lightning bugs which also generate blasts.

Also in the faction that does more blasts then anyone. Even the 3pt minions do blast damage.
>>
>>48920708
I disagree with you that they are well designed or versatile, but i do think its bullshit they all got to have 4 stone caches when many older masters are comparable and have less.
Seriously attempting to compare things like Nellie, Titania, Parker and Sandeep to older masters in their faction inevitably leads one to the conclusion that 4 stones is retarded.
>>48925990
What? We were mostly talking about masters. For mercs light AOE damage the Crossroads Seven can put out punishing Auras and for heavier Lazarus is your best bet. Lazarus is the best mercenary at aoe damage i can think of.
>>
>>48925990
Not weak at all. But none of the Outcast masters focus on aoe.. Lazarus is a beast for blasts
>>
>>48925691
Sonia is best because she can start the blasts away from the original target. Rasputina has a great trigger with Over power giving her the most raw attacks. Haven't played with or against Wong but I know he's good as well.

>>48925990
Lazarus is great at blast damage but a master will always trump him.
>>
>>48926024
>We were mostly talking about masters
Maybe it's my fault for not qualifying my question properly, but I never specified master only. That's also why I posted a follow up question, because people were only talking about masters.
>>
>>48926024
I've only messed around with Sandeep, Titania and Nellie, so my comment isn't about balance but variety of options and fun I had while playing them. Sure, some units need to be changed, but the interactions are solid.
>>
>>48926244
I'm just saying Its sort of a joke to look at Levi, Von Schill or Hamelin at 1 Cache and then look at Parker Barrows.
>>
>>48926148
Masters get 3 activation by default and have higher stats in general. Masters are going to do more aoe damage if they have any.
>>
>>48926271
I basically agree, especially based on the thoroughness of Wyrds 'playtesting' (and by units I mean any number, whether it's cache, action cost, damage, etc). The new releases work well with each other and are somewhat more designed for how m2e actually plays instead of how they thought it would (or bound by m1e precedent). I'm hoping this release brings all of their discrepancies to the forefront and Wyrd decides to get serious, but they just don't seem to have the infrastructure or competency. Such a shame, really fun system.
>>
>>48926374
I'll just refer you here >>48926148
as I'm not sure how else to communicate my intent.
>>
>>48926521
This could have been easily fixed by simply giving the new masters caches based on their approximate power level. Nobody will really complain about Asami at 4 (though odd for a summoner) or Zipp since whilst they are both interesting designs, they seem properly balanced with a 4 stone cache. But some of the others seem exceedingly strange at 4.
>>
>>48926663
>approximate power level
That's the main issue. Right now it seems like they're just using a point allocation equation modified by poor playtests.
They need a better vetting system before moving on, but they've been full streaming it since the get go and many of their principles actually preclude avenues.
>>
>>48926612
say that you are asking for non-master model that deals the most blast damage.

You just jumped to mercs for some random reason.
>>
>>48926789
Ok, so you just want to really drive home that I'm wrong and you're right. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
Oh so I realized something today during my brewmaster game. While lenny is alright I think I'm planting myself in the camp that isn't a fan of his "love it and pet it" upgrade. Should I drop it or should i replace him from the list entirely and work with something like The sow?
>>
>>48926834
Not that anon, but could you elaborate what you're looking for? A crew that deals aoe damage? A single model? A faction? What does the best aoe within a faction? Melee aoe or ranged?
>>
>>48926948
Just a single (henchman and lower) model, range preferred but either is useful.
Master recommendations aren't completely opposed as that can hint toward some aoe models maybe being in their faction.
>>
>>48926834
No, I want to drive the point that you need to actually fucking clarify what you are saying.

If you were actually fucking clear, people like >>48926948 shouldn't be asking you questions on what you are fucking asking.

if you want a fucking correct answer, ask the fucking correct question, instead of being a bitch about it.
>>
>>48927043
Lazarus is good at throwing out tons of blasts.
>>
>>48927242
Good thing this clarification post I referred you to (assuming you are the same person) doesn't exist >>48926148
>Maybe it's my fault for not qualifying my question properly, but I never specified master only.
I also attempted to redirect the conversation here >>48925990 since only masters were recommended and mercs are inherently non-master.
So, I still don't understand the purpose of your posts.
>>
>>48927287
Yes, do like his melee and ranged blasts.
Also found Hannah, Montessori to an extent, AnDs industrial waste, Librarian, aboms caustic aura, and brakett with dynamite upgrade.
Gonna keep looking.
>>
>>48927373
>but I never specified master only.
That would mean that people are free to speak about masters, which people did. If you wanted non-masters, you should've wrote "I meant to specify non-masters"

Is english your 3rd language?
>>
T-They said iconic fate deck was an August release, what gives desu?
Is it really utterly and completely sold out??
>>
>>48927554
Yes they are, I guess that's why I >>48927373 attempted to redirect the conversation here >>48925990 since only masters were recommended and mercs are inherently non-master.

Witty comment about reading comprehension.
>>
>>48927662
No, you attempted to compare merc vs faction, not model hierarchy.
Ask the actual question.
>>
>>48927735
Reinterpreting my intent doesn't actually change it. I just wanted to redirect the conversation since only masters were recommended and mercs are inherently non-master.
>>
>>48927783
ask the question
>>
>>48927804
Does anyone have a Mad Dog Bracket for sale?
>>
>>48927804
Can we redirect the conversation since only masters are being discussed?
>>
I now believe Jack Daw was buffed to sell shelfwarming boxes.
>>
>>48927856
No.

>>48927935
What's convinced you?
>>
>>48927043
Lazarus is good and you can take him in any faction but guild. Pere ravage is good as is Papa loco.

Aside from Wong gremlins are masters of blasts. The I'm pretty sure the number of gremlin models that can put out blasts is bigger then the ones who can't.
>>
Have the general upgrades from book 4 been spoiled yet?
>>
>>48927603
I think it might have sold out in the prerelease/gencon they'll probably restock it soon.
>>
>>48928078
A couple threads back yes.
>>
>>48928105
Any chance anon could repost them?
>>
>>48927979
Just conspiracy theories.
I'm assuming Lev sold best because point and shoot rep, Viks are whores and have a decent crew so they probably sell well, Tara is dual so forget her, Von is an old guy with some super duper strong enforcer/minion so he probably evens out, Hamline is a quirky guy and stuff, but Jack is just some stupid goober with a bag on his head and a bunch of tortured dead guys for friends. This dude is so bland he literally pretends to be a force of nature to avoid doing anything which could be misconstrued as character development. This guy dangled off a tree for like 1000 years because he had no motivation to do anything else. Who wants that? No one even cared that he was actually good because he and his crew are such wieners. So, Wyrd knocks down Lev since he's already selling and gives this skuzbagg a bunch of support in Shifting/Ripples.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
>>
>>48928368

It's sort of a silly theory considering that we don't have solid numbers on Malifaux sales on a per master basis.

Plus the Tormented typing has consistently been applied to insane people and undead created without purposeful necromancy all of 2e. The Crossroads Seven are all off their rockers in a very apparent way, so it makes sense they're Tormented, and the banditos make sense due to their method of creation.

Montressor only got a patch upgrade since he was in the underused category of models that needed them like Hans, Dashel, and the Slateridge Mauler.
>>
>>48928368
Wasn't he pretty late in coming out?

Also debuff stuff always need to be stronger than buffing stuff since it's harder to make it work.
>>
>>48928527
And we never will, they can't have the sheeple knowing the true reason of Jack's coming reign. But I'll know...
>>48928536
That's what they want to to think.
>>
>>48928297
Normally I wouldn't be bothered. But I still had it up in browser. http://m.imgur.com/a/6dWB0
>>
File: 1421854007323.png (114KB, 441x425px) Image search: [Google]
1421854007323.png
114KB, 441x425px
>>48928645
thanks tsundere anon.
>>
>>48927603
They were all misprinted, the 7 and 10 of rams has masks written on them, wyrd have refunded their cost in any order that had them but hasn't shipped yet and they will send out replacement cards to anyone who bought one.
>>
>>48928840
Hue hue hue, that's goofy.
Thanks for the tale.
>>
>>48924988
Alt Nico would be neat. I kinda want it to be Gwen from book 3 fluff
>>
>>48928924
What I find funny is that they were on sale and used during gencon but nobody noticed until like a week later.
>>
>>48928645
>>48928723
Those aren't the upgrades, though...
>>
>>48929870
which ones you want famdam?
>>
>>48930175
Parker, Zipp, or any of the non-master guild and Outcast ones.
>>
>>48930175
Not >>48929870 But seeing the 10T ones would be rad
>>
File: zipp and stuff.jpg (1MB, 1632x2444px) Image search: [Google]
zipp and stuff.jpg
1MB, 1632x2444px
>>48930364
only have the gremlin cards from my gencon order, here is zipp

>>48930423
the 10t Upgrades, correct? lol
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48930478
>>
>>48930535
Holy smokes that Death Contract
>>
>>48930478
>>48930535
You're a way cool dude, dude.
>>
have anyone made collection of 4th book scans/photos. i caught most of it but still got stuff missing
>>
>>48930862
I'll clean up what I have and upload the pile later today.
>>
>>48928527
He was also voted on the receive an upgrade in the Nythera faction forums, so Wyrd didn't even directly choose for Montressor to get an upgrade.
>>
So asking again real quick, is Lenny's love it and pet it, upgrade poor with anyone other than somer who can give him the time built in?
>>
>>48928527
>Montressor only got a patch upgrade

What upgrade is that?
>>
>>48932502

If you have a Pigapult you can use the upgrade to keep feeding it ammo.
>>
played malifaux for the first time in years the other day. Was fun but both of us had forgotten a few rules.

Can you charge over a ht 1 obstruction?

For flipping the red joker on damage is the damage applied separately or as one whole sum?

And how does placing corpse/scrap markers work again?
>>
>>48933550
You can if you've defined the terrain. An impassable/climbable or just severe have roughly the same movement penalty.

Add them together and do it as one lump sum. lolhard2kill

When the model dies, the owning player places the appropriate marker in base contact before removing it.
>>
>>48933550
Do you mean can you charge up and over it or can you just basically ignore it for the charge?
>>
>>48932502
Naw it's pretty good even without. Even if you only get it off once, a piglet down field is going to be worth the cheap cozy of the upgrade. It only gets better the more often you get it off.
>>
>>48933919

Psst. Have some collected/cleaned up stat cards.
http://imgur.com/a/vJ5g0
Upgrades will get another album.

(I'd appreciate reposting any missing stat cards; in case of Sun Qiang a new photo would be great because the last one was unreadable).
>>
>>48933767
No. If it's severe you have to "pay" twice as much to move over it. Or ti climb it. Ideally you're supposed to decide the traits of all the terrain when you start the game.
>>
>>48933939
I know, I'm asking the other person to clarify what their question actually is, because as is "can you charge over a ht 1 obstruction" is pretty ambiguous.
>>
>>48933767
I was just wondering how the interaction works. Coming from warmachine you can't charge over, say a wall, unless you have pathfinder.

Although in this situation I don't think I could have because i had a ht 1 model behind the wall. So he probably couldn't have seen the enemy model.
>>
File: image.jpg (7MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7MB, 5312x2988px
>>48933938
>>
>>48933978
In that case it's as others have said. You just climb up the wall at double movement cost, then continue on your merry, murderous, way.

Unless both the target and attacker are Ht 1, there is LoS.
>>
>>48933993
Thanks. Added.
>>
>>48933978
So for line of sight as long as the target or the attacker are taller than the obstruction they can see each other. So in this case with a Ht1 wall and Ht 1 charging model the target would need to be Ht 2 or more. After that move in a straight line paying any extra movement costs (Doesn't need to be shortest path to the target as long as you end up in melee range)
>>
>>48934261
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>48925167
Her picture was used for chemist in the under quarantine ttb book. Wasn't named though
>>
>>48934872
Neat. With a little work she could be a female Rafkin.
>>
>>48932860
Just want I want 17 points to make a 1 point upgrade work.

>>48933919
I won't argue with you there it just seems really tricky to pull off when you need to get the tome and also hit. I feel too many things are being committed to make it worthwhile.
>>
>>48918216
>>>48911234 #
>Nice. Part of that kickstarter a while back?
No got them from ttcombat.
>How much did it run you
About 150 after shipping.
>>
>>48935607
Chemist is the "be McM" class iirc
>>
>>48935626
Dumping a high tome for a 4 soulstone model is pretty good. Most summons require more like corpses. And unlike factions that need lots of the same suit gremlins aren't fighting over tomes. It's better then most summons too since it's a beefy range and you also get to damage an enemy model.

Like I said even if you only get it off once, you got a solid 4 soulstone model for a 1 soulstone upgrade. It's not out of the question to get 12+ soulstones worth of models(and three more activations) out of it.

It's sort of a no brainer for me. Lenny is a force multiplier. Whacking piglets makes him a literal force multiplier.
>>
>>48935657
Nice. More expensive then I'd spend unless I had multiple uses for it. Like an Eastern themed RPG. Or maybe a ttb game.
>>
>>48935845
Well my local group has been wanting an eastern board for a while so I decided it was time to make a nice looking one. Gonna be working on some cherry blossom trees next.
>>
>>48935834
>damage

You realize it has to be weak damage (1 point) to summon a piglet right?

So it has to hit, have a tome, and deal weak damage.
>>
>>48935914
Exactly. Precisely enough to deal with those pesky hard to kill models.

If you get a negative to the filp, you've got a pretty good chance of dealing weak damage. Or if you focused an even flip or better you can ditch a low card.

It's also important to notice unlike a lot of summoning stuff that deals damage, you don't have to target an enemy model.

Also got to remember that Lenny is a big support piece. Without I'll love it and pet it, he doesn't have any ranged attack. It allows him to do something useful, while staying back with a gun line.
>>
>>48932792
Brick by Brick

Model gains the ability Brick by Brick: Any model in base contact with this one must discard a card if they declare an attack or it fails.

Model gains Hard to Wound +1
>>
>>48936367
For the love of God, Montressor!
>>
>>48936664
Not even gonna lie, was so happy to see the name of the upgrade for THIS very reason. Monty was always my favorite thematic daw character
>>
>>48936664
They've been doing pretty good on flavor for a while.

Like Sue.
>>
>>48936367
>Model gains Hard to Wound +1
Did he already have hard to wound?
>>
>>48922631
That's what I wrote in the first place - I thought he was .in. Neverborn because he is .a. Neverborn.

>>48922762
Even the not-ridiculous-thin models are ridiculous-hard to build?
God damn it Wyrd.

>>48924104
>proxies
>That wouldn't work for tourneys, anon.
While I like the rule in theory, the idea that you can't really use proxies is a bit annoying.

I use a Joss proxy (don't really want anything else from Ramos' box), but he's a 40k Ork Nob with a 1/32 human head and a robo-arm (from a Hasslefree Mini) - a giant musclefuck with a big axe and a mechanical arm, pretty much exactly as described in the book.

I appreciate that at high levels maybe the immediate visual recognition really can factor in, but I'd expect someone good enough for that sort of thing to matter to be good enough to remember and not bethrown off by a decent proxy.

Proxying with other 'wrong' Wyrd models I do agree with though.
>>
>>48924249
>>48924370
Oof, that face looks like Collodi's orgasm puppet from last thread's OP.
>>
>>48938636
>the idea that you can't really use proxies is a bit annoying
But that's not my contention. It was a comment on proxying Nellie's entire crew with Leveticus models. They look nothing alike and would require quite a bit more reference/cause more confusion. All my crews have proxies/kit ashes (the four riders, joss, Howard, Johana, Lev, Taelor, Rusty, Valedictorian, Lovelace, Ashes & Dust to name a few) , but they're just better versions of the model and are very easy to identify visually.
>>48933993
>>48933938
Glad to see my pics coming to some use. Lmk if you're missing anything.
>>
Managed to win a Reva box on Ebay the other day (missed gencon). I'm still kinda just starting Ressers. Any must haves for her?
>>
>>48939180
Nice score, was it a fair price or significantly above retail?
>>
>>48939217
Wound up at $51 after shipping. I made out pretty damn well.
>>
>>48939180
What all comes in her box?
>>
>>48939277
Ya, that's great.
>>48939306
Reva, St. Vinvent, 3 shieldbearers, 2 corpse counters, and their respective upgrades.
>>
>>48939331
2 Corpse candles, damn auto correct.
>>
>>48939180
The Druager (sp) seem like a good buy, since they interact with the soulbound upgrades.

I'd think about other models that interact with corpse counters, on the off chance Reva get's janked you might want something else cool to use with them. Like Toshiro.

Belles are a must have for Ressers imo. A Cast 8 lure, is great for pulling things out of position, or pulling your guys out of messy situations.
>>
>>48939452
>>48939180
Derp. Forgot Nurses too. One of the best minions in the game. No great synergies with Reva, to my knowledge, but they're powerful support pieces.
>>
>>48939452
I might wind up giving somebody corpse bloat in case she gets merced. Draugr is definitely on the list for whenever it's out.

>>48939483
And yeah, waiting on cards for my nurses to come in atm.
>>
>>48939498
>whenever it's out
Only you decide when that is. Got the pics, right? Time to get proxys.
>>
>>48938636
Nah, I could just shave more of the peg or just cut it, put 2 tiny pieces from both sides to make it seem the peg's in there and glue the joint, but I wanted to keep it fully posable.
>>
>>48938580
Nope he didn't. That was the problem many had with him. 8 wounds and no real defenses except for terrifying living.
>>
>>48938636
>but he's a 40k Ork Nob with a 1/32 human head and a robo-arm (from a Hasslefree Mini)
Sounds terrible. Pics?
>>
>>48939706
This.
I think a lot of people are going to be proxying Ht 1 and Ht 2 versions even when the model comes out.

>>48939766
I could see why he got the update then.
>>
Going to be doing a campaign soon, and I'm going Ten Thunders. We've agreed to do our crews thematically, so no shoving Illuminated into a Sensei Yu crew, or putting High River Monks under Sidir's command. With that in mind, what's a good scheme runner for TT Sidir? Or, alternately, who has the best thematic crew out of Kang, Toshiro, Huggy, Sidir and Yu?
>>
>>48939812
>>48939706
But you simply decide their height right? Do you summon/sacrifice them to the new heights?

Mainly asking because picking stuff up and putting it back down wouldn't fly at most tournaments I think.
>>
>>48939180
Bete can work nicely with Reva's upgrade the let's her start with a corpse candle upfield.
Yin is useful for putting models on neg WP flips
Nurses handing out downers can be nice if you take the upgrade that gives you the trigger that prevents damage reduction.
>>
>>48939925
Sweet, thanks!
>>
>>48939866
I personally wouldn't change out models. But if I was running multiples, I'd want to have one of each height, for looks.

Although, if you were feeling ambitious, you could magnetize the models and swap them out without moving the base.
>>
>>48930610
Wooooord, it looks brutal as fuck.
As if TT needed more ways to turn assassins into sure things.
And for 1ss too.

Fuhatsu's and Peaceful Waters aren't up to much though, unless the range is a big buff to Low Rivers.

>>48933938
Yer a lad, fella.
>>
>>48939865
>Or, alternately, who has the best thematic crew out of Kang, Toshiro, Huggy, Sidir and Yu?
Best thematically? Or most competitive?

I really like the rail worker crew. Seems more iconic and fits the weird west setting better then most tt.
>>
>>48939995
Most competitive, honestly. I'm already bad enough at this game, I don't need bad models making it worse.
>>
>>48940004
I don't think any of them are a bad bet. I don't think I've heard of any of the related masters being under gunned.

I'd probably go with Toshiro, personally. At starting levels being able to summon more 5pt models is going to wreck face.

Also ressers are the best.
>>
>>48939180
Carrion Emissary.
>>
File: Joss.jpg (79KB, 430x441px) Image search: [Google]
Joss.jpg
79KB, 430x441px
>>48925167
>>48935762
There's already a Miss McM though.
I'd guess either an Arcanist, or Zoraida in beautiful woman illusion mode.

>>48939787
No pics, no camera, sorry.
He's far from pretty, but he's very clearly identifiable as Joss - two people separately came to the table, saw I was playing Colette and said "oh, so that'll be Joss then".
Pic related is the Ork body (shorn of Ork-y iconography, including the axe head) with one of the Bongolian heads (sans helmet) and the Hasslefree steam-warrior arm.
>>
>>48940239
If it matters, I'm probably going against an Aeslynn and a Captain Dashel, with a third person interested in Von Schill (but there being no Henchman in his box, so ?????)

My planned starting lists for each of them:

Sidir Archibal: 9
Samurai: 8
- Favour of Jigoku
Katanaka Sniper: 7
Wastrel: 4

Toshiro the Daimyo: 9
Chiaki the Niece: 6
Izamu the Armour: 10
Komainu: 5
Komainu: 5

Hungering Darkness: 9
Mr. Graves: 8
Mr. Tannen: 6
Illuminated: 7
Ten Thunders Brother: 5

Kang: 11
- On Wings of Wind
Rail Worker: 5
Obsidian Oni: 6
3 Scrip

Sensei Yu: 11
- Wandering River Style
>>
>>48940372
Sort of speaking of my fugly Joss...

How should a mostly-thematic Colette Showgirls crew deal with Lillith?
I've got a game coming up during the week, probably against her.

I have the Smoke and Mirrors box plus:
Freikorps Trapper
Wastrel (or maybe Malifaux Child)
Oxfordian Mage
Joss

They're all Showgirl-looking proxies except Joss.
I'd prefer to keep it as thematic as possible, but if I'm just going to be roflstomped without him I'm not above taking Joss to salvage something out of it.
Also, I am new and bad at gaem.
>>
>>48940525
> Showgirls
> Caring about Lilith
Literally just put down scheme markers and let her kill you. She'll kill a model per turn, and you'll win on schemes and strats. Ignore her crew and let her do what she wants - your crew wins games, hers doesn't.

Also, get more Oxfordians. They exist in groups of 3, never 1.
>>
>>48940395
>Von Schill (but there being no Henchman in his box, so ?????)
Anna Lovelace is the Freikorps accountant, isn't she?
And there's always Hannah, who would look pretty boss as fuck on the table in the early campaign.
>>
>>48940620
Yeah, but the LGS has neither of those and he's only just starting the game.

>>48940525

Colette Du Bois
+Cabaret Choreography: 2ss
+Practiced Production: 1ss
+Recharge Soulstone: 1ss
Mechanical Dove x 2: 4ss
Cassandra: 8ss
+Smoke And Mirrors: 1ss
Mannequin: 4ss
Mannequin: 4ss
Performer: 5ss
Performer: 5ss

If you're not doing Gaining Grounds, this list should not lose to Lilith.
>>
>>48940656
Go online, or proxy?
Or have the store order one (or both, he'll probably want Hannah at least at some point).
Seems a shame to drop a perfect thematic crew because the models aren't immediately available.
>>
>>48939180

Phillip can do some interesting stuff in a Reva crew. Turning enemy scheme markers into corpse markers is frustrating enough, but then having Reva bitch-slap the enemy through them adds insult to injury.

The Dead Rider works well in most Rezzer lists. Not so much synergy there, it's just a really good mobile beatstick that only gets better the longer it remains alive.
>>
>>48940738
Well, he also doesn't play yet...We've got a Von Schill crew that we've been loaning out to new players to learn with, because the starter is so shit, but Von Schill is very much this guy's aesthetic, being all about gunmen and grizzled mercenaries.
>>
> Coryphee can only Duet if you're arcanists
Why?
>>
>>48940812
Union dues anon
>>
>>48940817
> Collodi
> Caring about unions
No but seriously, why?
>>
>>48940656
>If you're not doing Gaining Grounds, this list should not lose to Lilith.
Good to know.
I shall endeavour not to completely fuck it up.

I assume I should pick Interact-y and Marker-y Schemes, and use the Performers to score them while dragging Mannequins up the board to run interference?
Using Doves to effectively teleport scheme markers wherever looks dead handy.
I'm just worried that Lillith and co. will blow my models to bits too fast, or by putting her in the centre will force me to leave one flank unsupported to get picked apart by the rest of the crew.
>>
>>48940857
probably to avoid busted shit with levi if I had to hazard a guess. I dunno honestly but the running joke is that arcanists are the only ones able to do it because they pay their union dues.
>>
>>48940812
just to annoy Leviticus players
>>
>>48940860
Basically, yeah. Mannequins (And, in large amount, Performers) just shut down attack crews by giving them so many negatives they can never hit. Doves run interference, act as scheme markers where you want them, and explode into confetti when you need confetti. They're going to hit hard on the first turn, no question, so just weather the storm, pile on the negative flips, and win.

Remember, if you're coming in from another game: The only OP thing in malifaux is VP. If you don't have that, nothing else matters.
>>
>>48940857
Because otherwise Collodi would tear motherfuckers to goddamn pieces.
I assume.
Also Hoffman. He can take Arcy Constructs, right?
>>
>>48940981
Just ms&u ones
>>
>>48940860
Things to remember:
> Now You See Me
Literally just drop damage to 0 and don't get attacked by the rest of a charge. You discard a scheme marker, but you should have enough of those
> Prompt
Oh, what's that? I'm engaged with a big nasty monster? Now I'm not. Also, here's a scheme marker, see above.
> Saber Trick
A (0) action that's as good as many (2) actions. And it attacks what you want it to attack, to get around those nasty triggers.
> Soulstone Powered
+ to Casting actions, proceed to Seduce Lilith into not being able to touch you.
> Stage Presence
Don't forget this! Cassandra is mobile as fuck. Use it.
> Southern Hospitality
Another negative? For free? Don't mind if I do!
> Swirl of Motion
I'm engaged with you? N'aah.
> Don't Mind Me
This is a large part of what makes Performers broken in core schemes and strats.
> To Their Doom
This is a game with premeasuring. If you can Paralyze Lilith for a turn, or whatever other big nasty they have (Nekima), it's worth it.
> Seduction
When you're not Interacting, this is what Performers should be doing.
> Beautiful Clothes
This is why you take mannequins. Lilith is getting a whole new wardrobe.
> Practiced Production
Scheme markers are literally life
> Smoke and Mirrors
See above.
>>
Noob here, I want to start Zoraida and I was wondering, what to get in addition to her crewbox?
Not yet decided, if I want to go Neverborn or Gremlins, as there are quite a few models in both factions that caught my eye.
>>
>>48941166
rooster riders, nurses, McTavish.
no matter what faction you go for you can get some use out of these.
>>
>>48940395
Bump. Anyone care to comment on the lists?

Also, I want to try the Dawn Serpent because I haven't yet, but I can't figure out who it'd be thematic to.
>>
>>48941199
Ah, thanks!

Due to budget constraints I'll be expanding slowly... would McTavish be a good first addition? Or rather one of the others?
>>
>>48941223
Considering that the box Yu comes in is called "Temple of the Dawn", the Dawn Serpent may fit best with him.
>>
>>48941323
McTavish would be a great choice. He works well with your swampfiends and as a merc, can be part of either faction.
>>
>>48941330
I'll be real, though - I tried converting the High River Monks to look more Low River, completely fucked it all up, and threw them out. So I've only got Shen, his Peasants, and Yu out of that box.
>>
>>48941330
Yeah, but what would a crew look like? Consider that you only get one upgrade, and your Leader costs points, in the campaign.
>>
Built and primed my parker box. Other than wave 4 stuff, what's great to go with him?
>>
>>48941348
McTavish it is then, thanks, kind anon!
>>
>>48907245
Nicely done, anon!

What did you use for the corn on the bases?
>>
>>48940898
>>48941009
Thanks guise, that's great.
There's a hell of a lot ont hat list that I'd forgotten or just not spotted on reading through the crew cards.

Looks like I really just let the guy take my crew apart last time I played him - so many defensive shenanigans available to me!
>>
>>48941947
Think of it this way: The Arcanists' gimmick is that each one of their masters has their own unique mechanic that they do very well. Kaeris gives Burning. Ramos Summons. Mei Feng Attacks. Colette Interacts, and Interacting is what gives VP and wins games.
>>
>>48941372
It might not be a great idea trying to squeeze a Dawn Serpent into a starting crew in a campaign, it's a pretty expensive minion.

That said, maybe:
Sensei Yu (9)
Dawn Serpent (10)
Monk of the Low River (4)
Katanaka Sniper (7)
Ten Thunders Brother (5)

You could drop the Sniper down to a second Brother (or an Oiran or something) if you really want Wandering River Style from the offset.
>>
>>48942441
I know the whole point was to have a Dawn Serpent, but I can't help thinking that the list would be much better with Lone Swordsman + Wandering River on Yu instead.
>>
>>48896313
>Big Titty Slag in every faction edition

Implying that this is in any way a problem.
>>
>>48942545
Lone Swordsman is a little bit dangerous in a campaign though, as he's got a decent chance of picking up permanent injuries.

I had a lot of fun starting out with:
Sensei + WRS
Torakage x2
Katanaka
Oiran

I still find myself taking Torakage with Shenlong, they're great Scheme runners with all the push effects and Agility, and make decent tarpits with 0 Action Defensive Stance from Shenlong.
>>
>>48942629
Of course, that could be just because I don't own any Brothers haha
>>
>>48942441
>>48942545
I seem to have not made myself clear: I fucked up the conversion. Bad. They no longer went together as High River Monks, let alone Low River ones. I do not have any monks at the moment.

Here's a list of what I currently own, for the record:

+ Pure TT +
Kang
Dawn Serpent
2 Oiran
3 Thunder Archers
3 Samurai
Sensei Yu
3 Ten Thunders Brothers
2 Komainu
3 Tengu
Lone Swordsman
2 Katanaka Snipers
Shadow Effigy
Shadow Emissary
1 Obsidian Oni

+ Arcanists +
* Willie
* 3 Metal Gamin
* Rail Golem
3 Rail Workers
Performer

+ Ressers +
Toshiro the Daimyo
* 3 Ashigaru
Chiaki the Niece
Izamu the Armour
Yin the Penangalan

+ Guild +
* Santiago Ortega
* Francisco Ortega
* Nino Ortega
* Papa Loco
* 3 Pistolero de Latigo
Dr. Grimwell
Sidir Alchibal (And Cherri Bomb)
Nurse Heartsbane
* 3 Guild Riflemen
* 2 Mounted Guard
2 Orderlies
3 Wastrels

+ Neverborn +
The Huggering Darkness
3 Illuminated
Angel Eyes
Scion of Black Blood
2 Bloodwretches

I was halfway considering going Guild, with the following:
Dr. Grimwell: 9
Nurse Heartsbane: 8
Orderly: 5
Orderly: 5
Papa Loco: 8
- Plant Evidence

And just start adding in Ortegas as the campaign goes, but make my starting theme "Papa and his handlers".
>>
>>48942979

Yu
Serpent
Katanaka
Broski
Tengu
>>
>>48943035
A single Tengu? Also, could you explain how Tengu are thematic to Yu? I'm willing to go with it, I'm just not seeing it myself.
>>
>>48943053
It's a temple spirit, bribed into aiding Sensei with gifts and the opportunity to cause mischief.

It fits about as well as a Dawn Serpent will into any given 10T crew
>>
>>48943097
>It fits about as well as a Dawn Serpent will into any given 10T crew
Counterpoint: Asami.
>>
>>48943114
Sure, Asami aside
>>
>>48943035
Seems more like the theme here is Models Without Masters, desu, which I can get behind.
>>
>>48941659
JTT scenic plants my brother.
https://www.jttmicroscale.com/viewcategory.asp?DirID=162
>>
Man I never realized getting off work at 4:30 means that I can almost get a model done in an evening. what are you guys working on tonight?
>>
File: Zenyatta_djinnyatta.jpg (203KB, 1034x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Zenyatta_djinnyatta.jpg
203KB, 1034x1107px
>>48943856
painting up sandeep at the moment. Trying to base it off of pic related.
>>
File: titania.jpg (438KB, 618x866px) Image search: [Google]
titania.jpg
438KB, 618x866px
>>48943856
Titania tonight, wings are looking a bit shiny (doesn't help I snapped a pic right under a pretty bright light) it sort of reminds me of blood and a kind of like it.
I want to dirty up the skin a bit but i'm worried i'll wreck it.
>>
>>48943982
Nice, good luck
>>
>>48943998
I like it.jpeg
>>
File: Ocelotunit.jpg (116KB, 1024x604px) Image search: [Google]
Ocelotunit.jpg
116KB, 1024x604px
Got my parker crew built and I'm waiting on some basing inserts to come in, but my plan is to go with a metal gear solid Ocelot unit theme.
>>
>>48943035
From curiosity, would Toshiro work just as well as Yu? I feel like he'd be the sort with a menagerie of followers, much more than Yu, thematically, but I'm not so sure about the mechanics.
>>
>>48939331
>>48939360
I now want a corpse counter unit. Like guys whose job is to tally healthy/dead people during a plague or something.
>>
>>48939360
Also, should've autocorrected to corpse candies. Delicious but rotten, or rotten but delicious?
>>
>>48943856

Just finished assembling Anna.

I think she's probably my favorite Malifaux to assemble mostly due to the way her clockwork dress fits together so nicely.
>>
>>48945067
>malifaux models fitting together nicely
I don't believe you.
>>
File: image.jpg (874KB, 1846x2006px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
874KB, 1846x2006px
>>48945067
Whatcha think?
>>
>>48945786
I don't like the yellow crow eye, the rest looks really nice, she's a cool model
>>
>>48945812
what would you change it to?
>>
>>48945827
Not him, but wash it until it sort of fades, then put a dot of pure yellow in the very center.
>>
>>48945827
probably either glossy black or red
>>
better?
>>
>>48946522
>Thread past bump limit
>Bumping
Someone just needs to make a new thread
>>
>>48946551
woof I didn't even notice. I'm more tired than I thought.
>>
>>48943998
I like it a lot. I'd try and go back and fix the mold line on the dress - it's pretty obvious. And yeah, a very light purple wash in the recesses might make it pop.
I take it you used blood effects on the wings, I'm going to steal that - they look like they'll pop amazingly.
>>
File: 1437597559904.jpg (193KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437597559904.jpg
193KB, 1000x600px
>>48946621
Not them but gap filling like that is my least favorite part of wyrd minis. The rattle spine rattler was especially a bitch. Fuck Yan Lo's beard
>>
New Thread
>>48946735
>>
>>48946759
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.