[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 27

File: Jaina 9.png (3MB, 1339x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Jaina 9.png
3MB, 1339x2000px
Rightful Queen of Azeroth Edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs

Last thread:
>>48869957
>>
>>48885778
First for Jaina's shit transmog
>>
Gas the forsaken race war now
>>
>>48885778
>Raid Boss Edition

FTFY.
>>
>>48885827
It's sad, because the Bitch King deserves it just as much as she does, but will probably be spared.
>>
File: 120117_varimathras.jpg (152KB, 585x350px) Image search: [Google]
120117_varimathras.jpg
152KB, 585x350px
>>48885823
Fifth for Varimathras and Putress did nothing wrong, they were patsies for Sylvanas's falseflag-within-a-falseflag Operation Wrathgate
>>
>>48885778
I can't wait for the Kul'Tiras raid with Jaina as the boss.
>>
Haven't played since Cata but Legion's looking pretty good so far and my cousin's gonna set me up with a 500k gold gift since he's loaded as fuck so I won't have to worry about tokens

How are the Rogue specs? Used to be all over Sub raiding.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZdlGZ2_TQ
>>
>>48885059
Be a blood-elf dandy who swore he'd never allow another loss of culture like when the dead rose while Quel'thalas fell.
The last thing he did before putting his eyes out was get lost in them, staring longingly into a hand-mirror.
>>
>>48886130
Would a blood elf dilettante who got in over his head work, or would someone like that get weeded out in training?
>>
>>48886079
What's with the filter? It sounds weird
>>
>>48886079
i like the movie
it was comfy
>>
>>48886031
Arr you a pirate person or a Ninja person?
>>
>>48885355
Is Triple Satan Lucifer's arch enemy?
>>
Reminder that Jaina is right.
>>
>>48885505
>>you have to beat off the Army of Light, and save the world from goodness and hope and light
dibs on beating off Lady Liadrin desu
>>
>>48887704
>Beating off a girl
>>
>>48887704
Sunwell Liadrin or WoD Liadrin? You can have the deep voiced abomination they've turned her into
>>
>>48886079
Draka's a qt, best waifu
>>
So. I've decided I want to DM a Warcraft-set campaign. Maybe.

Problem is, I have very little clue what direction to go with it. I will say I, unlike a lot of people, am more of a World of Warcraft fan than a Warcraft fan. But at the same time, WoW has brought a lot of bad lore that I'd like to just ignore.

But I want to create the feeling of World of Warcraft. I want a party of misfit adventurers of whatever race they feel like playing wandering from place to place across Azeroth completing quests and raiding dungeons and gradually having a profound impact on the world of Azeroth.

But I don't know where to start with that. I have a vague idea that it should be set roughly around vanilla WoW, but I don't know where and how to begin players that doesn't severely limit their options for character creation.

I'm mostly just thinking aloud though. I guess what I want to ask is, what would you like to see in a Warcraft-set campaign? What interests or appeals to you?
>>
>>48888114
>What interests or appeals to you?
phat lewt
>>
>>48888114
Exploration-that feeling of your first character and exploring and finding tidbits of information and lore at a time. If your players are experienced enough, I'd say do a low-mid level adventure in starting in Booty Bay.
>>
>>48888195
>I'd say do a low-mid level adventure in starting in Booty Bay.

I was thinking of something along these lines, but that seemed very "You're all in a tavern in a neutral city"-tier generic.
>>
>>48888195
>starting in Booty Bay.
Good plan, that way they also get a tavern filled with all the booze and goblin hookers they could want.
>>
>>48888114
I've wanted the exact same thing. Want to meet and talk somewhere? Also, do you have players already?
>>
>>48888252
Depends very much on how you set it up. Choice for Booty Bay was that it has plenty of connections even if you directly go outside the city (Ratchet is in the middle of Horde territory after all) and is reasonably low-levelled; because otherwise you'd need to jump all the way to either Tanaris or Light's Hope; and those are pretty high level, and character backgrounds means the chances at exploring are a bit cut.
>>
>>48888262
Nope. This is admittedly an idea I just thought of like 10 minutes ago.

Well that's a lie. I've been mulling it around in my head for a while. But this is the first real effort I've put into making it a reality.

But if you want to give me some kinda contact info, we could talk, sure.

>>48888308
Level is ultimately irrelevant. I see no real reason to follow WoW leveling
>>
>>48887792
put your faith in the Light, and all is possible
>>
>>48886079
>Based Frostwolf clan
>Based Blackhand
>Gainz Grom
>Best girl Draka
>Old man orc
I see nothing wrong with this scene.
>>
>>48886861
>it was comfy
What the fuck does this even mean you meme spouting cocksucker.
>>
>>48888338
My email is [email protected]
>>
>>48888366
>I see nothing wrong with this scene.
It's the only scene where Grom actually speaks, and it's not even in the movie
>>
>>48886079
I actually would like to see the movie with all 40 minutes that were forced to be cut to get it in theaters.
Hell, if Jones really had his way, it would probably be 4 hours.
I'd still watch that because then it might not feel so damn rushed.
>>
>>48888569
>all 40 minutes that were forced to be cut to get it in theaters
What? You telling me i'll have to rewatch this shit when some "director's cut" comes out and hope it sucks less ass?
>>
>>48888866
No one's saying you HAVE to, but I didn't hate the move enough to say I'll never give it a chance to present itself as the director intended.
>>
>>48888866
apparently there will be no directors cut.

Duncan Jones stated that when the movie comes out on DvD/Blueray it'll just be the theater version with a deleted scenes section.
>>
>>48889076
BOO!
>>
>>48888114
What system? I'd play the fuck out of a Warcraft game
>>
File: uther_border_big_9007.png (126KB, 268x195px) Image search: [Google]
uther_border_big_9007.png
126KB, 268x195px
>I dearly hope that there's a special place in hell waiting for you, Arthas.
>>
>>48888569
Not that I hated the movie or anything but four hours? It drug on long enough as it was. Pacing was so shitty. To many scenes where only one thing happened.
>>
>>48889386
Appearantly there is. Will we ever see this "hell"?
>>
>>48889386
we may never know. I intend to live forever
>tfw banter king Arthas went away in Wrath
>>
>>48889497
Arthas' bants where so good.

>Sorry we don't have time to chat, great wyrm. We've come to murder you and steal whatever artifacts you've been hoarding over the centuries.

>Are you still upset that I stole Jaina from you, Kael?
>>
>>48889388
The pacing was bad because it tried to rush itself so much just to get through the story, as bare-bones as it was. With more time, it can let a scene breathe and let things develop at a less-than-breakneck speed.
>>
>>48889589
>>Are you still upset that I stole Jaina from you, Kael?
HUMAN'D
Jesus, that was fucking brutal.
>>
>>48889622
I thought it was too slow. Too much craft and not enough war.
>>
>>48889589
>so you agreed to serve the Lich King in exchange for eternal life
>agreed implies choice, death knight

>>48889660
t. Kosak
>>
>>48886079

This scene really should have been in the movie.

>1:30 long
>Grom cameo for fanboys
>more Durotan/Doomhammer bro bonding
>making Blackhand a deeper character while also explaining why he was the Warchief but didn't accept fel magic

I feel bad. There was a lot of individual things that were good about the movie, but the editing job is just a nightmare. Excluding simple but effective scenes like this just stinks of executives getting their grubby hands on it.
>>
>>48889622
Just think Blizzard and Duncan Jones want to make the 1st War into a trilogy...

If anything it only deserves two movies at most as WC1 was a barebones standard fantasy.
>>
>>48889694
Yeah, two movies is plenty.
They don't need to try to be Peter Jackson. Warcraft 2 could be worked into three movies, at least.
Warcraft 4 would take 4 movies and then 3 more for Frozen Throne.
>>
>>48886079

>only scene with Kilrogg Deadeye was deleted

FUCK, HE DIDN'T EVEN GET ANY LINES
>>
Is Maev just as bad as Illidan?

Or do we give her a pass because she didn't try to destroy northrend and put an end to the scourge once and for all.

Also why did we go to Outland in BC. Why couldn't we just leave Illidan chill in BT. He's never shown any hostility towards Azeroth, all he ever did was try to oppose the Legion.
>>
>>48887704
Fine, I get Yrel.
>>
>>48889713
Hell, Founding of Durotar might take two or three movies of it's own.
>>
>>48889694
>WC1 was a barebones standard fantasy
Not if you include all the accumulated lore like draenei genocide and ogre empires, which the movie kinda left out entirely because "DRAENOR DYING" even though half the fucking Outland is livable
>>
>>48889723
Which one's Kilrogg?
>>
>>48889732
>Is Maev just as bad as Illidan?
she really didn't try to flood the world and have the story magically turn her into a dindu.
so no.
>>
>>48889772
>flood the world

Go to sleep Mal
>>
>>48889768
The one with only one eye
>>
>>48889783
>I was going to destroy the polar ice caps of the biggest glacier in the world but it wasn't going to do anything, Honest!
>>
>>48889752
It does show some Draenei get their souls sucked out to power the portal. But yes, it does skip over the fact that those were the last Draenei on the planet.
Still enough of an excuse to show "Gul'dan bad, but not all Orcs are evil"
>>
>>48889805
>Not sacrificing everything to fight the Legion.

People will just live in the mountains.
>>
>>48889752
True but this is a retelling of WC1 where before the books and WC2 were made it was a story about demonic orcs from hell rampaging across the human kingdom of Azeroth.

The majority of the issues I had with the movie dealt with the pacing and the terrible plotline of "Lothar has a son but we're not gonna give him any character besides killing him, than Lothar is sad and gets drunk." as well as Medivh got lonely so he went to Draenor and fucked an orc chick and 9 months later Garona popped out.

Also the whole bit with "Fel", I cringed everytime someone said it.
>>
>>48889815
>last Draenei on the planet
Except they weren't, otherwise there'd be none in Outland. This movie is as alternate universe as it gets. I wonder how/if they'll do Archie and Scourge having fun times at Dalaran when the place is already flying

>>48889852
>Medivh got lonely so he went to Draenor and fucked an orc chick and 9 months later Garona popped out.
Oh god, that's what happened? What the fuck Metzen

>Also the whole bit with "Fel", I cringed everytime someone said it.
Horde (vidya one) has warlocks and necromancers out the ass, BUT THE FEL, MAN, THE FEL. IT'S EVIL. (hit me up Gul'dank)
>>
>>48889732
>Is Maev just as bad as Illidan?

Bad in what way? She's definitely a little crazy, but she hasn't really done anything wrong. Illidan WAS put in her charge and it was her job to keep him imprisoned forever.

>Or do we give her a pass because she didn't try to destroy northrend and put an end to the scourge once and for all.

>Also why did we go to Outland in BC. Why couldn't we just leave Illidan chill in BT. He's never shown any hostility towards Azeroth, all he ever did was try to oppose the Legion.

You just said that he tried to destroy Northrend and potentially ruin the rest of Azeroth by doing so. He was also indirectly responsible for the War of the Ancient, and the second demon invasion by creating a new Well of Eternity. He was also amassing an army of fel orcs, blood elves, naga, and demons in Outland. We didn't know what his intentions were. There's not a single reason any character in the WoW universe should expect Illidan to do anything that isn't for his own benefit.

>b-but he's fighting the Legion

Yeah apparently they're just making him right all along in this new expansion, doesn't mean the characters are aware of meta changing retcons.
>>
They should've shown a scene at the very start of the movie of Aegwynn fighting Sargeras and him lodging within her body.

Just so we can make the connection on how he corrupted Mehdiv.

But then they'd have to add like 20min to explain the whole legion plot.
>>
>>48889852
With modern WoW lore, "fel" is its own thing that represents chaos is the opposite of the ordered nature of arcane.
But it has to be simplified for the plebeian masses to "green magic = bad, blue magic = good"
>>
>>48889903
>Aegwynn
You mean Alohdie?

>>48889919
>"green magic = bad, blue magic = good"
That bugs me because nature magic is green or blue depending on what you're invoking. Arcane is purple, frost is blue. Karazhan looked like shit
>>
>>48889900
His brother banished him and Illidan was like FINE and left.

He never showed any hostility towards the world even after being locked up for 10k years.

The people who actually knew him (Tyrande and Malfurion) knew this.

Oh wait I forgot the Night Elves haven't done a single relevant thing in all of WoW.
Last time they were useful was in Warcraft 3.
>>
>>48889903

The "Medivh turning into a demon" thing definitely came out of nowhere.
>>
>>48889903
Dude, we didn't even get a fucking scene where the Orcs drink the blood of Mannoroth.
They cut all the shit relating to demons and the legion out.

Which pissed me right the fuck off.
>>
>>48889949
Who's that?

I mean Mehdiv's mother who was the guardian before him and had Sargeras in her body without knowing.
>>
>>48889949
>That bugs me because nature magic is green or blue depending on what you're invoking. Arcane is purple, frost is blue.
That's too much pointless shit that is completely irrelevant to the movie.
And the game has been showing Fel as bright green since forever.
>>
>>48889971
ALOHDIE, THE GUARDIAN BEFORE GUARDIANS. THE MAGIC OLD WOMAN IN SOME BIG BLACK CUBE WE KINDA FOUND AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT DOES. MYSTERYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>48889949
nature magic is leafy though, fel is just green
>>
>>48889968
Only had Garona mention that Gul'dan would talk to an entity that he called a demon.
>>
>>48889996
Yea no clue what that was about.
>>
>>48889273
5e
>>
>>48889958
He's just a boss going through phase changes while the Warrior taunts him to keep his attention and the Mage kites the add to the proper place.
And, Khadgar leveling up with the yellow flash and sound effect was a nice touch.
>>
>>48889996
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Alodi

Alodi was a dude, and half elf you seem to be confused.
>>
>>48889950
>His brother banished him and Illidan was like FINE and left.

Yeah that totally makes it all alright then.

>He never showed any hostility towards the world even after being locked up for 10k years.

>tried to destroy Northrend even though his brother said it was tearing the world apart
>only stopped because Tyrande was in danger
>never showed any hostility towards the world

Before Legion, Illidan really could not give a fuck for anyone on Azeroth if they weren't Tyrande.
>>
>>48889896
>Oh god, that's what happened? What the fuck Metzen.

It was more likely Duncan Jones with some help by Blizzard writers that came up with the Medivh bit, apparently the novelization all but says that Medivh is Garonas father.

Cause you know a new dad, Duncan Jones, who just had a newborn child has to shoe horn everything they can about having kids or being a father/mother to children into their story while making it as cringey and corney as possible.

>>48888114
Don't go for Alliance/Horde type of parties but mismatched mercenary group that offers its services to the highest bidder. That way they aren't restricted by having to pick a side when creating a character. They would be free to pick any race they'd like in the warcraft universe all the while being able to go anywhere.
>>
>>48890056
Illidan is truly to Professor Snape of Warcraft. He's a complete asshole with zero regard for the lives of anyone who's not his waifu, but everyone forgives him every time because they're awful oneitis-obsessed waifuists too.
>>
>>48890056
Cause keeping the scourge alive was totally fine eh?

Deathwing broke the world and everyone was fine.

I think the world would've been fine without Northrend.

Malfurion is just a roody poo.
>>
>>48889732
>destroying Icecrown would supposedly flood the entire world because "muh global warming metaphors"
>when we get to Northrend in WoW, Icecrown Glacier is completely contained in a valley that would just turn into a lake if it melted
>>
>>48890073
>It was more likely Duncan Jones with some help by Blizzard writers that came up with the Medivh bit, apparently the novelization all but says that Medivh is Garonas father.
>>48889896
>Oh god, that's what happened? What the fuck Metzen

On the plus side, that cock blocks Me'dan from ever appearing in the cinematic universe.
>>
File: Med'an_Guardian.png (391KB, 450x454px) Image search: [Google]
Med'an_Guardian.png
391KB, 450x454px
>>48890055
No dude, it's ALOHDIE. Different person

>>48890073
>the novelization all but says that Medivh is Garonas father.
So Medivh impregnated his own daughter and made Med'an, the Lore Aborted
>>
>>48890094
To be fair almost every zone is a valley.
>>
>>48890111
>So Medivh impregnated his own daughter and made Med'an, the Lore Aborted
No, old lore was that Garona was the product of Orcs raping the shit out of a Draenei captive until Garona popped out. She was artificially aged by Gul'dan and twisted to look more human so she could better infiltrate them in the coming war.
Thankfully, Me'dan has been all but retconned out of existence by the game at this point.
>>
>>48890094
In-game sizes aren't canon, amusingly
>>
>>48890143
I know, i was kidding
>>
>>48890111
No, the Movie is it's seperate Canon. The novelization, the movie itself, and the Durotan and Brotherhood book/comic are set in the Movieverse.

Medivh met a orc woman who fell for him and he left to return to Azeroth to bring them over. Meanwhile she gave birth to Garona and was burned at a stake for it, all the while Gul'dan took Garona in and raised her.
>>
>>48889076
Did he say 'no director's cut' or that this release isn't it?
>>
>>48890538
Jones has said more than once that he WANTS to do a director's cut. But nothing seems to be materializing on that front.
>>
>>48887585
Yes
>>
>>48890816
Poor guy, Duncan has had to put up with some shit over the course of the Warcraft movie.
>>
>>48891020
>Poor guy
Should've made a better movie
>>
>>48890816
https://twitter.com/manmademoon/status/747499204080107521

Here's the twitter where he says it'll just be bonus scenes. So far it's looking like there'll be no directors cut atm.
>>
>>48891054
>You want characterization and drastically needed exposition? Buy the bluray
>>
>>48891033
He did make a better movie. The studio butchered it after the fact.
>>
>people unironically defend Jaina attempting to disrupt Azeroth's defenses over pointless butthurt over someone who isn't even alive anymore
she's like the entire fucking planet's psycho-ex, why is she still alive?
>>
>>48891354
Because WoW has like 4 female characters
And 3 of them have their entire backstory based around their obsession with a man
>>
>>48891354
Because her raid trailer isn't made yet.
>>
>>48891402
Two of them are leaders and both of them are still pained in the pooper from Arthas.
>>
>>48891402
Let me guess, the third one's Tyrande?
>>
>>48885880
Who, Bolvar?
>>
>>48891205
I'm not a fan of him because he said there are asian elves and elves had races like humans when someone asked why an asian person was a high elf in the movie.

Nigga elves do have races and they are called high elevs, night elves and nightborne.
>>
Does everyone speak orcish or common when everyone meets up (ie: broken shore, a lot of cutscenes) why did blizzard not implement learning languages?
>>
>>48891454
No, Genn. The only one who can make the dog pun work.
>>
>>48891496
Because that would be too much work to add something the overwhelming majority of players don't care about.
>>
>>48891522
Bitch sounds similar to Lich.
>>
>>48891555
Yes, that's why it's a pun.
>>
>>48891463
Technically, night elves are the base elf, everything else is a mutation. Though elves themselves are mutant trolls. Frankly, if your movie director is tweeting bullshit like that, you drop him and get a new one

>>48891496
>why did blizzard not implement learning languages
They did, then removed it
>>
>>48889852
>as well as Medivh got lonely so he went to Draenor and fucked an orc chick and 9 months later Garona popped out.
Is that in the movie, or did that stupid shit popped into your head and you believed it ?
>>
>>48891817
in the movie he implies it was on Azeroth, but the novelization says something about Garona "knowing" he's her father because of that
it's retarded
>>
>>48891817
No, the movie heavily implies that he went to Draenor and fell in love with Garonas mother.

Apparently there is a deleted scene where we see a young medivh on Draenor. Not sure if its true or not.
>>
>>48889805
Unless you have a house literally built on a beach, it really wouldn't. The sea level would rise an amount measurable in FEET. There wouldn't be a 'flood the world' effect.
>>
>>48891885
>it's retarded

More than you think, garona is supposed to be the only half-orc half-draenei to exist during this period.

As if a flying dalaran and thrall being sent down a river weren't a big fuck you to history already.
>>
>>48891463
Who gives a fuck? Are you really that autistic about a shit setting that's been through more retcons than it has sequels?
>>
>>48891496
Mages can pick up Arcane Language in Dalaran, teaches them all their allies' languages.

But a human learning orcish or an orc learning common? Not allowed, because someone through not allowing cross-faction communication was a brilliant idea. Then turned right around and had every fucking lore character be able to talk to both sides.
>>
>>48892061
>not allowing cross-faction communication was a brilliant idea.
"Kek" is enough of a shitpost between factions. There is literally no need for them to communicate with enemies.
>Then turned right around and had every fucking lore character be able to talk to both sides.
Oh no! They allow players to understand things important to the lore!
Seriously, this is the most petty gripe I've seen. Gameplay must trump your pathetic idea of "immersion."
>>
>>48892061
It must be more important for opposing leaders to communicate then enemy troops.
>>
Guy who wanted to port the Aspects to PF here, gonna port the Old Gods next and wondering if any of them besides N'Zoth would have any domains different from the others.
>>
>>48892133
Know thine old ones

Yogg-saron was imprisoned in a titan facility in northrend
C'thun was hiding in a desert and made his elite guards from the local bugs
N'zoth is still a mystery
Y'shaarj is dead and cursed the land of not-chinese

The fifth is nowhere to be found.
>>
>>48892271
Nzoth like to corrupt(mutate), and is currently leashing the naga.
>>
>>48892061
>>48892104
Pretty sure Forsaken knew Common at one point and it was such a trolling shitfest that Blizzard said "Never Again!"
>>
>>48892483
and then did it again with pandas and DH
>>
>>48892271

The fifth is the Legion knifewife that Shadow Priests get.
>>
>>48892490
Yes, well. This is Blizzard we're talking about.
>>
>>48891354
>oy vey alliance goyim, think of the bigger picture while we stab you in the back.
>>
>>48892685
>the Legion is invading to destory all life on Azeroth and claim the titan's most powerful inventions? better complain about the Horde doing the exact thing I did
>>
>>48892751
>horde doesn't coordinate and leaves your forces trapped.
>it was a smart decision to retreat and fight another day!
>>
As someone who's lore exposure is limited to playing in vanilla, and hasn't done much except skim the wiki every now and again:

What exactly stops the regular Titans from going and stomping all over Sargeras' face?
>>
>>48892783
>Jaina disappears, leaving the Alliance forces without the most powerful mortal spellcaster in the universe
>Horde is forced to retreat after being overwhelmed
>Alliance forces are crushed in the rout because the most powerful mortal mage in the universe peaced out for no reason
>she then proceeds to complain about the Horde having the balls to (survive the) retreat, then continuously disappears right before demon attacks
totally not a dreadlord guys
>>
>>48892793
Being dead.

He was always the best fighter out of all of them anyway, to the point where the battle was a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>48892830
>she is totally a dreadlord
well knowing blizzard they are probably going to make it the TWEEST in the storyline.
>>
>>48892870
Oh. So who leads the Legion now? Or is it just a few Eredar turned demon lords hanging out and enjoying the momentum? Piles of dreadlords?

Hell, are demons just corrupted things drawn from the twisting nether, or raw incarnations of arcane energy? I know the Well of Eternity was the original source of the arcane, but I always got the idea it was addictive and corrupting in some particular way, with druidic magic being the 'natural' kind for the world.
>>
>>48892909
No, no, Sargeras is still alive.

The other Titans are all dead.

All of them.

He killed them all.
>>
>>48892830
>Jaina disappears
What is "Leading the Kirin Tor"?
>the most powerful mortal mage in the universe
Who is "Khadgar"?

You bitch a lot, but what happened to Yrel's "When you need us we'll be there" speech?
>>
>>48892974
>What is "Leading the Kirin Tor"?
she had to go lead the Kirin Tor in between killing Krosus and confronting Gul'dan?
>>
File: BRUTAL.png (182KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
BRUTAL.png
182KB, 400x400px
>>48892972
Oh. I probably shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>48892972
>Sargeras is still alive.
Yeah, if "being eternally stuck in-between portals because shit went awry on azeroth's side" is what you can call alive.

Or did they retcon that too ?
>>
>>48892104
>"immersion."
Oh yeah, that thing I DIDN'T FUCKING MENTION. Work on your reading comprehension, retard.
>>
>>48893093
If all it takes is one portal with enough juice to get him here then yeah, that is very much alive.
>>
>>48893114
Yes, sperg harder. That will show him.
>>
>>48890026
Yes please. Absolutely yes.
See you in the gamefinder
i hope it's text but i'm not picky
>>
>>48888114
Where can I sign up doc?
>>
Reminder that Zul is a dreadlord and we're going to have AU Gul'dan raise Zandalar from the depths for our Troll raid
>>
>>48894086
I'd be okay with that.
>>
>>48888114
Wouldn't mind trying it. Probably play a Troll.
>>
>>48888114
I want in, this sounds awesome
>>
>>48888114
would be absolutely keen if this went a head
>>
>>48890026
Dang

Still interested, but shame about the system
>>
File: 4U0Mihc.jpg (63KB, 509x549px) Image search: [Google]
4U0Mihc.jpg
63KB, 509x549px
Daily reminder that Sargeras wants to bang Azeroth and make her his.
>>
>>48894875
>tfw no loli planet gf
>>
>>48894897
That's not a loli. That's a fetus. A fetus so damn beautiful and developed that she enthralled the Dark Titan with a sleepy half-lidded gaze.
>>
>>48894086
>Zul and Jaina reveal themselves as agents of the Legion and the last tier of Legion is defeating their fel-corrupted Kirin Tor and Zanadalari
>immortal demon soul Gara'jal
>>
>>48891751
Well yeah, i remembered it was planned in vanilla, cause languages were on the skills page.
>>
>>48895213
How would one level up a language skill? Stand around while another race /says stuff?
>>
>>48888569
the movie also had a troll raid(yeah, the memes are true) upon a human settlement.
>>
>>48895517
>troll raid gets cut
truly the Warcraft experience
>>
>>48895744
its three in the morning and i've lost control of my sides damn you
>>
>>48895229
It wasn't actually a functional skill, you'd just have 300 in common or orcish and your races language.
>>
>>48892490
Pandas and DHs can only talk cross-faction with other pandas/DHs, while forsaken that spoke Common could shit talk the entire Alliance.
>>
>>48896509
Why my druid can't talk to other druids? We have Moonglade and shit since forever yet we can't talk to each other.
>>
>>48892041
It just shows how little effort was put in
>>
>>48896746
Gonna speak tree?
>>
>>48895229
Everything was a skill. Probably something to do with the base programming. Much like how in early league of legends skills that interacted with the map terrain were coded as invisible minons (early Singed used to lag people out because his poison was made by exploding invisible minions, Gangplanks ult was made by each cannonball being a minion randomly dropped then detonated, etc).
>>
>>48894951

Right, so they are going Twilight on this?
>>
File: Cho'gall.jpg (47KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cho'gall.jpg
47KB, 450x600px
>>48897082
did somebody say Twilight?
>>
Daily reminder that Varian died because he lollygagged around after horde sounded the horn to retreat.
>>
>>48897792
>Daily reminder that Varian died because Jaina stabbed the Alliance in the back and lied about it to reignite the Fourth War
fixed
>>
>>48892271
>Y'shaarj is dead
Whatever happened to the "the old gods can't be killed or they'd ruin the planet, which is why they were imprisoned"?
>>
>>48897885
killing Y'shaarj is how they figured that out. He was too big to imprison so Norgannon (?) pulled him out of Azeroth like a tick and crushed him. The wound he left behind started to bleed and eventually created the Well of Eternity
>>
>>48897915
>He was too big to imprison
Jesus christ, and Yoggies' supposed to be the size of Northrend
>>
>>48886079
Is the movie including the deleted scenes out somewhere yet ?
>>
So if the Med'an has been retconned out of existance, but the overall story and people involved are still canon, will someone make an edit where Med'an is shooped out and people are talking to themselves?
>>
From an RP perspective what would be the best class to play as a Worgen? Other than Druid since I already have a NElf one.
>>
>>48898120
If hearthstone is anything to go by, rogue
>>
>>48898134
>not OTK warrior
>>
>>48898120
Hunter due to them being attuned to nature due to the curse
Rogue for the predator factor
Warrior since they're feral-esque and rage seems right up their alley
Death knight because Arugal
>>
>>48898120
I'm playing Rogue. Spellcasting nod-druid werewolf seems meh. Heavy armored werewolf seems meh.

Rogues and Hunters are fine for me.
>>
>>48892974
>Who is "Khadgar"?
The new leader of the Kirin Tor because jaina got outvoted and ragequit.
>>
>>48893271
>>48893469
>>48894137
>>48894466
I'm still pretty early in the planning stages, but if you're interested, you can email me at [email protected] if you'd like
>>
File: 1471158469127.jpg (2MB, 3668x2445px) Image search: [Google]
1471158469127.jpg
2MB, 3668x2445px
>>48892271
N'zoth is like the Kraken - a sleeping giant sleeping beneath the ocean. There's currently a war between N'zoth and Neptulon being fought in the ocean that gets brought up in MoP and is presumably still ongoing. The fifth one got retconned out.

Honestly, I liked the Old Gods as they were a lot more. They were the mysterious precursors that existed before the Titans came. Now they're just a dime a dozen minion of some new BBEG that exist all over the universe.
>>
>>48898537
>The fifth one got retconned out.
Fuck you Blizzard, what the fuck is the pool in Tirisfal then?
>>
>>48898568
a C'thraxxi
>>
>>48898537
How the fuck did Neptulon get free from the giant squid monster in Cata? Or did they just sweep that under the rug?
>>
>>48898650
Supposedly he wrestled free offscreen.

Or tamed the squid. Which they better keep in there.
>>
File: 1457561496833.jpg (533KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1457561496833.jpg
533KB, 1440x900px
>>48898650
My bad, I meant Cata not MoP. I'm talking about that underwater zone. Normally I'm not a fan of underwater zones in games but I actually really enjoyed that one. It was kind of linear but it had a cool evolving storyline.
>>
>>48898697
Vashj'ir was my favorite zone of Cataclysm, and probably my favorite zone period in terms of looks. I didn't even do Hyjal until Firelands came out, but I was tired of Druid problems by then.
>>
>>48898650
Isn't that what the Throne of Tides was about? Players step in and kill the squid.
>>
>>48899253
Nope. If you pay attention after the fight, you see the squid won and is dragging off Neptulon.
>>
File: 1460343020952.jpg (2MB, 1117x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1460343020952.jpg
2MB, 1117x1600px
>>48899253
>>48899291
Pretty sure that was a setup for a raid that got cut. There's heaps of plot hooks in WoW like that which never get resolved due to time constraints.
>>
>>48899375
Yes, the Neputlon raid was tossed aside for Firelands. Because muh Ragnaros nostalgia.
>>
>>48899375
The elemental planes were supposed to be hubs. All of 'em. The amount of cut content each exp pack has is ridiculous
>>
>>48899409
Well 1/4 isn't too bad.
>>
Can nagas spit venom?
>>
>>48899423
And yes, the...uh...water plane was supposed to have a raid
>>
>>48899381
I would have preferred the Neptulon raid than having to see Ragnaros' legs.
>>
>>48899381
It was actually planned for the same patch but Blizz said they didn't think it "fit the theme" of the patch. Pretty sure the theme of elemental woulda been fine, but no it's gotta be FIRE.
>>
File: 1471356486917.jpg (283KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471356486917.jpg
283KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Ragnaros_Cataclysm.png (923KB, 967x826px) Image search: [Google]
Ragnaros_Cataclysm.png
923KB, 967x826px
>>48899447
Jesus, they gave Raggy legs!? Pic related doesn't look too terrible and maybe it's just muh nostalgia but I prefer the old model.

Also not sure if that counts as yet another retcon or whether Raggy was supposed to have legos in the first place.
>>
>>48899487
Baine Bloodhoof for Warchief 2016.
>>
>>48899504
Baine is the Jeb Bush of Warcraft.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 882x906px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 882x906px
>tfw you can't eat pork anymore because the sounds of swine being slaughtered remind you of the Draenei children you killed
>>
>>48899551
>>comparing a race of sentient beings to farm animals
Fucking racist piece of shit, orcs should have been genocided before they try to genocide everyone else again.
>>
>>48899570
Just to be sure, draenei are the farm animals in this scenario right?
>>
>>48899587
Are you dumb? It can't be anything else given the way the first post was worded.
>>
>>48899452
I liked Firelands. Sure the layout of the raid itself is as baroness as you can get but the bosses were fun.
And the patch filled my needs as a questingfag and achievementslut.
>>
>>48899381
There was also the fact that it was a 3D, underwater raid that was entirely swimming and the team that was making it was only able to use pre-existing assets while the Firelands team was crafting all new assets to make their raid out of.
It was ultimately decided that the "always swimming" just wasn't working, especially in a zone comprised of nothing but things that players had already seen before.
>>
>>48899570
>Orcs
>Doing stupid bullshit that negatively influences everyone else's lives and not getting away with it

You may pick one, and only one. What do you think this is, Not-Warcraft?
>>
>>48899503
RAGNAROS, THE LEGLORD
>>
>>48899503
They never said he COULDN'T have legs.
His Vanilla appearance was basically just an avatar or small fraction of his power appearing in the physical world, summoned by Thaurissan. His appearance in Cata is him at his full strength in his own house.
Still, the legs look real short and dinky.
>>
>>48899503
>>48899661
When he started showing off his legs, it made me think of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmcru2frls
>>
If demons can only be permanently killed in the Twisting Nether, why didn't Mannoroth come back?
>>
>>48899787
He has, his ass is just still pained from being killed by Grom Hellscream twice.
>>
>>48899787
Because it cheapens the Thrall and Grom story arc. If they brought him back it would make people realise how fucking dumb the retcon is. Really Blizz just did it so they can easily bring characters back for raids in case they need it. If they don't need Mannoroth then they won't bother to bring him back due to the damage it causes to previous storylines unless they need to for whatever reason.
>>
>>48899787
Doesn't this work for Mal'Ganis too? If he came back for a raid I don't know, I haven't been around in game for a while.
>>
>>48899873
I'm pretty sure he was at broken shore, wasn't he?
>>
>>48899883
>>48899873
That's not too irritating, now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure futility is a big theme they wanted to push with Arthas, the poor bastard. Mal'Ganis being around isn't a big deal.
>>
>>48899883
Most of them were except for Varimathras.
>>
>>48899902
I'd agree with you here. But Mannaroth should've stayed dead, his MU death was a good finale even if it firmly planted the seeds of a decade of Didnu.
>>
File: 1457575075796.jpg (598KB, 1000x1352px) Image search: [Google]
1457575075796.jpg
598KB, 1000x1352px
>>48899873
Dreadlords were the only ones it applied to originally, then the whole "reincarnate in the Twisting Nether" got extended to the whole Burning Legion. In my mind this is one of the better retcons because it makes perfect sense. Demons in real life just get sent to hell. Plus there was no reason for Dreadlords to only have that special ability when they weren't even the most powerful race. Though I will admit it fits their theme.

It's just such a shame what this retcon does - it makes so much of the previous story fucking pointless. A whole bunch of antagonistic factions banded together, sacrificing the Nelves immortality and thousands of lives in a climatic battle to.... give Archimonde and pals a nice vacation at home for a few years and then it's back to work destroying the universe? Whoopdeedoo.

The only way I can get it to make sense is if summoning the Burning Legion is really hard, like it was shown previously, but the fact the Legion can launch an invasion so soon suggests that no, you don't need the Well of Eternity or Medivh's recipe book, just some sweet ass space ships.
>>
File: 1437244046900.png (131KB, 222x294px) Image search: [Google]
1437244046900.png
131KB, 222x294px
>>48899587
>>48899610
So there are draenei milk farms somewhere in old Draenor?
>>
>>48900035
>Demons in real life
Wat
>>
>>48900081
The general consensus on Demons I believe is what he meant to say. The common interpretation of Demons is that when destroyed they are sent back to Hell.
>>
>>48900067
well, that takes me back to the wow forums.
>>
>>48898537
I wonder what those humanoid slaves are supposed to be. They don't seem to be Unseen Ones, and they're almost certainly not trolls or nerubians.

Artistic license, I guess?
>>
>>48900205
Space goat milk is good for you, anon
>>
File: 1458935016058.jpg (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1458935016058.jpg
1MB, 1440x900px
>>48900081
>>48900094
Yup, that was what I was trying to say. Poorly worded I realise now.

>>48900315
I forget which old god this is and I forget the proper name for them, but the big tentacley guys are the boss mobs (C'thraxxi might be the name?) and the little guys are the generic units each Old God spawns like Faceless Ones for Yogg-Sarron. Each Old God spawns a race of workers and soldiers when it lands on a planet so the picture is actually completely lore-accurate.
>>
So how do you do blood elf demon hunter as a character for rp without being a tryhard?
>>
>>48900490
Male or female?
>>
>>48900508
Male. I'm thinking something like a rock-star type of character who got in over his head, or would someone like that get weeded out in training?
>>
>>48900035
Until otherwise proven, I choose to assume that wisp-bombing Archie fucked him up so badly he's dead for good
>>
>>48900593
He was literally the last boss in Warlords of Draenor.
>>
>>48900490
>>48900549
It depends on how you want to approach their reasons for becoming a Demon Hunter. A "Rock Star" type wouldn't end up joining the Illidari and getting past the regular BE army to actually be a DH. Now, a formerly straight laced Hunter who has realized that almost a decade in a prison sucks ass, and wants to experience life to the fullest could work.

>>48900593
Bad news anon. He's the final boss in HFC. Dies there too. At least Kil'Jaeden just got shoved out of the Sunwell, rather than killed.
>>
>>48900490
An intense love of the world and a desperation to keep it safe of the burning legion by whatever means they can, even if it ensures self-destruction, as well as an early adopter of fel magic to stave off the addiction.
>>
>>48900035
I'm fine with demons being virtually unkilliable too, but I'd like there to be more than just "you have to kill them in the Twisting Nether to make it permanent." Like, something big akin to Archimonde getting nuked on Nordrassil, or special techniques.

The Illidan novel introduced the idea that demons can also be killed permanently on the worlds they control as well.
>>
>>48900694
>permanently on the worlds they control
I assume because said worlds were shoved into the Twisting Nether
>>
>>48900694
It was in the big into book. Fel saturated areas or near tears into the nether have a strong chance of killing them for good.
But it's the same rules as all the elementals like Ragnaros.
>>
>>48899504
Am I the only one who thinks Lor'themar should get it? Especially if the horde wants to improve relationships with the Alliance during legion.
>>
>>48900635
WoD takes place in the past, as well as an AU (it's Draenor circa WC1), so Archie showing up there doesn't cause a problem with him dying in Hyjal 20 or so years later.
>>
>>48900813
It's the same Archimonde. There is only one Burning Legion. After he died in Hyjal he came back for revenge in WoD.
>>
>>48899503
Having rerun the firelands recently, you only see Rag's legs after he tries to retreat and cenarius pulls him out of his lava pool. I think he was supposed to look more powerful without legs. Kinda like how Therazane's legs are withered, and Al'akir and Neptulon don't show theirs.
>>
>>48900807
Lor'themar is pretty competent, although the fact that his people were almost going to switch sides to Alliance until Jaina fucked that up kind of weakens his position as a warchief candidate.
>>
>>48900807
Both are great choices. Baine and Anduin know and respect each other other a great deal, if I'm not mistaken, and Anduin seemingly also respects Cairne's wisdom and power a lot, from what he's been told. Lor'themar is somewhat full of the Horde's shit (MoP/SoO included) and having theoretical Aliiance-side friends in the Sin'dorei, which doesn't look so good for him as a Warchief, even if he is an accomplished combatant and strategist.
>>
>>48900035
If you listened to the audiobook thing on WoW's Youtube it says that Gul'dan had to channel an ASSLOAD of power and also break super runes laid by Aegwynn to open azeroth to the legion at large.
>>
>>48900839
The point is that due to time travel shenanigans WoD takes place in the past, so even if it's the same Archimonde, when you fight him in HFC you actually fight him 20 years before the battle of Hyjal.
>>
>>48900883
>Lor'themar
Who?
>>
>>48900930
>gul'dan does all this
> no one notices until the 11th hour
>>
>>48900639
I guess what I want to aim for is a demon hunter who basically doesn't really fully comprehend the sacrifices he made.
>>
>>48900934
The actual point is that the Legion ignores time, so when you fight him on Draenor, even though Draenor is 20 years in the past, it's still Archimonde from after Hyjal.
>>
>>48900839
>There is only one Burning Legion.
That's from a Tweet that has since been deleted.
>>
>>48900979
I mean, listen to the story, for real. It makes Khadgar look only slightly incompetent, which is a lot less than usual!
>>
>>48901108
And Khadgar's supposed to be the strongest living mage and the current Guardian
>>
>everything else goes as canon until the Theramore bombing, and the big change is that Jaina dies

What changes after that?
>>
>>48901501
>the OG warcraft waifu dies
>blizzard's offices get burned to the ground.
>>
>>48901501
Blood Elves gtfo out of the Horde and rejoin the Alliance.
>>
>>48901578
>the OG warcraft waifu dies
Blackhand's daughter?
>>
>>48900035
The problem I have with it is that since the Draenei exist, it shows that most demons are probably just aliens corrupted by fel energy. They don't naturally come from another dimension, just another planet.
>>
>>48901002
I thought it was just that there is only one Nether and therefore only one Legion across all timelines, not that the Legion doesn't give a shit about causality (although that would give them a way to have Draenei around while using the original backstory where the Eredar corrupted Sargeras).
>>
>>48901700
This retcon got retconned. It's not true anymore.
>>
>>48894875
Sargeras wanting to bang loli-titan Azeroth aside, that is pretty interesting, as I've assumed that Sargeras wanted to destroy Azeroth, and other planets with a titan worldsoul, to avoid them being corrupted by the Void Lords.
>>
File: 1.jpg (246KB, 765x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
246KB, 765x1020px
>>48901675
Nah demons were definitely intended to be mostly from the Twisting Nether. Eredar and Dreadlords were both born there. It's just Metzen fucking forgot when he created the Draenei, so it doesn't make as much sense now. The Chronicles tries to fix this by saying beings (and even planets) that get too corrupted by Fel become demons who are attuned to the Twist Nether. This ties into that funky new alignment system they came up with in Chronicles.
>>
>>48901675
>it shows that most demons are probably just aliens corrupted by fel energy. They don't naturally come from another dimension, just another planet.
That IS what demons are. They are all corrupted races. They even have their own race names that are separate from their demonic designation.

>>48901700
>>48901736
It's still in the air on if WoD Draenor is actually a Draenor with a whole universe of its own, or if it just exists in a pocket AU created just for the purposes of Garrosh and Kairozdormu.
>>
>>48901303
>and the current guardian
Yeah no. Khadgar has several times refused the position and power of the guardian, worried that it would corrupt him.
>>
>>48901768
That's his original intention, but I'm guessing all the Fel magic he's hopped up on hasn't been great for his sanity. So while he normally would just kill Azeroth like the rest, he might believe that she's close enough to being 'born' to be worth protecting from the void lords until he can make her his bride.
>>
>>48901612
>Liking an ogrefucker
out
>>
>>48901846
He'll do it eventually
>>
>>48901043
>That's from a Tweet that has since been deleted.
Thank god for that.
>>
>>48901950
No, Jaina will. And then she'll be corrupted, too.
Horde babies will finally get their Jaina raid boss.
>>
>>48902142
>Implying someone will let Jaina get Guardian'd
>>
>>48901950
No, he won't. Since all members of the Council of Tirisfal are dead, there's no one left alive that knows how to/can bestow the powers of a Guardian to someone.
>>
File: 1470259980221.jpg (61KB, 521x559px) Image search: [Google]
1470259980221.jpg
61KB, 521x559px
>>48902236
Considering how much she wanted Thrall's big green dick, what are the odds of her hopping on Gul'dan's?
>>
>>48902304
Jaina is only interested in blue guys.
>>
>>48889900
If I remember well, Illdan was totally anal with Adal.

Declaring war against Shattarah for no fucking reason and this kind of shit....
>>
>>48902500
Basically how it looked to everyone in TBC. It's just that the Shattrath attack was ordered by Kael, who was secretly working for the Burning Legion at the time (after Illidan broke ties, because he can't just pick a damn faction) since Kael'd been drinking fel energy so long that he was crazing demon cock.
>>
>>48902304
First Cordana, then Jaina. How many waifus is Gul'dan going to scoop up?
Is yours next /tg/?
>>
>>48902683
Mine's Kael'thas, so probably not.
>>
Anyone have a decent PF conversion for Warcraft? I'm trying to get a group going, and chunks of them feel like the 5e conversion is on par with eating a baby.
>>
>>48902871
What 5e conversion are you talking about?
>>
>>48903294
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oaqqtXQG-fT-C5_yajhLbUabdpN5XPn7hmV-MXAGz78/edit

This one. Though it's less the quality of the conversion and more "3.5 is best!"
>>
>>48903330
Have you tried telling them to shut up and play what you run?
>>
>>48903330
Isn't the wow rpg books based on 3rd edition, can you use those?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_111414_223633.jpg (412KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_111414_223633.jpg
412KB, 1920x1080px
>>48885778
So I could use some help here.
I'm planning on running a full on Sword & Planet style version of Draenor for a new gaming group who are into WoW to varying degrees and said they'd be up for playing in the setting so long as it isn't "just like the game."

My goal is to make it a lot more like what they intended during the concept art phase for WoD; and set either prior to the arrival of the Draenei or at least a few decades prior to the genocide. I'm talking Frostfire Ridge being a desert of violet sand, Zangar Sea Pirates from the Gorian Empire, Devilsaurs from Farahlon, Void Giants, Ethereals trying to ply their trade and make inlays, the mysterious southern continent; et cetera.

Essentially a Sword & Planet type Conan the Barbarian situation with some OrcWorld vibes thrown in. I've yet to decide on anything being "canon" or what-not for my purposes, save that this is prior to Draenor being felled to fuck and going full Red World and that the Iron Horde won't be present. Its Draenor races only, with maybe some Draenei--though I kind of want any Draenei they encounter at the start to be Broken/Lost Ones, in this version being Draenei who could not acclimate to Draenor or who were injured enough in the flight from Argus that they became physically corrupted and their purer brethern cast out for fear they'd attract demons due to the latent corruption within them.

So any ideas/thoughts/things to consider, would totally rock and be a great big help.
>>
>>48903592
I could, it's just more work. I liked the 5E one because it's a nice conversion.

>>48903437
That works 90% of the time. On DnD derivatives, the usual progression is: anon picks not 3.5/PF -> players bitch, end up playing -> stop playing to run their own game in 3.5/PF -> game stalls because no one has a clue but me -> "anon run a game for us!"
>>
>>48903628
Shame, the 5e conversion looks pretty fun
>>
>>48903628
Sounds like a terrible cycle. But I hate the idea that players aren't willing to work with the GM on the system.

>>48903682
I thought about trying to get a group together for trying 5e. Only issue is I want to play in it, but no one I know wants to run.
>>
>>48903598
What's the plot hook?
>>
>>48903598
So everyone is an Orc or an Ogre? Are you including Arrakoa? It'd be easier to throw out plot hooks and suggestions if we knew what sort of races the players would have available to choose from.

That said, for me Draenor has very little going for it. The draw of a Warcraft game is Azeroth and the kitchen sink it entails, there's the stuff to run all sorts of games there simply by the presence of the different races that exist. Draenor is considerably more limited as far as I see it?
>>
File: bconArtOfWoW037.jpg (207KB, 1277x718px) Image search: [Google]
bconArtOfWoW037.jpg
207KB, 1277x718px
>>48903863
Depends on what the party is playing.
I like the idea of them accompanying a young shaman to the Throne of the Elements, being beset by pale orcs, and dealing with Ogre Expansionism. But I'd only do that if they had a shaman in the party or were up for it.

If they want to go a bit more murder-hobo, the Ogres have many palaces all over the mainland that are built for looting, raiding, and sneaking in and out of--body counts being firmly acceptable. Probably put up a shanty town somewhere that works for the purposes of selling stolen goods.

Clan War stuff is always fine, but I'd rather back-burner that because if I want to go into Orc on Orc violence it'd work better as a story going on the side of other, far cooler things.

Possibly have them play younger and throw them into their Om'riggor rite of passage and have that go horrible sideways.

Mad Arrakoa Sun Cult performing horrific bloody rituals, pale orcs learning to commune with the void/demons since they were abandoned by the elements, rockflayers showing a disturbing level of intelligence. Maybe some Draenei opting to make preemptive measures after they encounter an orc or two who has gone green with fel power.

I'll probably convert some old Conan stories/comics into adventure seeds/

>>48903900
Orc, Ogre, Broken, Mok'Nathol, maybe a corrupted Arrakoa because I know one of the players is into that whole side of things. Though said player would just as soon try to play a Saberon, which I'm also not wholly against given the more Sword & Planet vibe I'm trying to cultivate. Without humanity as the basis of comparison, such things are a bit easier to handle.

Its still very much in the drawing board phase, The party is on board with playing Orcs on Draenor without human interaction/pre-War stuff. Draenor is a great deal more limited, but there's also a lot more holes to fill in with my own stuff that doesn't contradict some of the things they might have running through their heads.
>>
>>48904029
I'm still in the planning phase, and this could certainly turn into a very Monster Hunter type situation. Certainly taking some influences from Dark Sun in terms of harshness of survival in the wilderness. I think what I'm really looking for are cool ideas to incorporate into a very wild, John Carter/Conan the Barbarian-inspired Draenor.

I mean it is a bit more challenging than doing a game set on Azeroth, but I think there's also a bit more room for getting beyond player expectations. It won't be Old Gods, Titans, the Scourge that are at fault in a situation or as a big bad evil thing for them to some day face. It'll probably be some Ogre Praetorian who thought to fuse many heads with himself to see how smart he could be; or some alien horror that they bought from the ethereals to see if it could deal with Orcs in rebellion. Or it could be some Draenei who seeing the violent nature of Orcs acknowledge a threat that needs to be culled for their refuge to remain safe.

There are places I can certainly take this, I'm just sort of wondering if you guys had any thoughts on how to make Draenor a cooler, more savage, more alien world while still making it very much the Draenor/Outland we're aware of.
>>
>>48904112
I would say as a starter that you very much want to follow a theme for 'zones'. Differing areas of land controlled by the Orc clans should be shaped as such and have it make sense why that clan settled there. Areas claimed by the Draenei (not broken etc) should seem unnaturally serene, boasting a peace not found anywhere else in the land, and all the more disconcerting for it.
>>
File: Pomegranate.png (356KB, 849x356px) Image search: [Google]
Pomegranate.png
356KB, 849x356px
>>48904154
I can dig that. I want to certainly play up an emphasis on how the barbaric is better; it is far easier to hunt, fight, and indulge in combat in a natural environment than in the cramped city streets or the featureless dust bowl of an Ogre's Arena.

Having Draenei areas bit too at peace and serene could be interesting, with the idea that the Light is throwing things a little out of balance by being -present- rather than merely there, it is something you can notice as changing the balance of the elements--and that is just uncomfortable.

Though now I'm curious as to how the Draenei and the Gorian Empire would get along. The Gorian Empire held sorcerers in high esteem. They don't believe in Gods, or at least not in the Gronn as divine entities; so I wonder how they might take to the Light. Maybe a few converts who cause some friction within the Empire for existing outside the expected norm. Christians in ancient Rome type deal.

Which makes me consider putting in Ogri'la, or at least maybe an Ogre who will find enlightenment and build a small temple in the mountains of Gorgrond where he studies crystals and sits in contemplation of the conflicts and materialism of the Empire.
>>
How did the ogres manage to make an empire when the average one-headed ogre you meet is dumb as a rock?
>>
>>48904574
I'd chalk it up to Apexis fragments. They're shown to improve the intelligence of ogres, but have gotten rarer.

Also, ogres were smarter than everything else on the planet, even if they were bloody stupid, until the orcs surpassed them.
>>
>>48904574
I think it was either contact with Apexis Crystals, or enough sorcerers had emerged to where they could organize and build a large infrastructure to "educate" ogres into being functional.
>>
>>48904574
One had two heads and was smarter and tougher than the others.

>>48904374
That could be a really fun introductory plot hook for players, a dumb Ogre trying to achieve enlightenment in a rocky hovel in the jungle.
>>
>>48904574
What empire ?
>>
>>48904667
>until the orcs surpassed them.
Where do the orcs come from?
I mean, we know most native azerothian races are mutated titan creations(except trolls, and therefor elves).
Ogres are smaller versions of ancient giant races.
Draenei are eredar.
Rest of draenor's sentients are uplifted natural forces.
Orcs are naturally evolved or what?
>>
>>48904740
Considering the similarities between ogres and orcs, they might be offshoots a la vrykul/humans
>>
>>48904796
Yeah, seems most likely, especially given they can interbreed.
The process seems to be slowly replacing size for brains.
The draenor giants have sure decayed a lot.
>>
>>48904740
I think orcs come from natural evolution.

Mag-whatever, those giant things that pop up in WoD here and there, which are powerful but as dumb as rocks. Ogrons arose from them, being smaller, slightly smarter, and more numerous. Then ogres arose from ogron (likely explaining why two-headed ogres have one cycloptic head) that were actually smart enough to form a society, if only because the smartest individuals took charge. Then orcs arose from ogres, and were slaves until the ogre empire started declining and the orcs overthrew them.

It actually fits a recurring theme with the Draenor races, where each subsequent one is smaller and weaker, but also smarter, and are forced into servitude to their pregenerators until they can break free.

Also, and this is pure speculation, I think the 'ogre lords' of Outland are supposed to be ogron by a different name. They're both larger than ogres, both only have one eye, and both have rocky spikes on their backs and shoulders. (Actually, I'm reminded of how fel orcs grow spikes out of their shoulders and backs, which might be a connection?)

Also, I might be forgetting a step between the FUCK HUGE rock monsters and ogron.
>>
>>48904683
Better yet: he sees that 2-headed ogres are tougher, well-respected and more powerful than normal ones, so he sets off on an adventure to become a three-headed ogre.
>>
>>48899551
honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, NEVER forsake it
>>
>>48899787
at the Broken Shore? Probably still ass blasted from HFC. Archimonde didn't come back either
>>
>>48904684
before the rise of the Horde, large swathes of Draenor were controlled or colonized-but-abandoned by an ogre notRome
>>
File: Ogres_and_Orcs_Lineage.png (773KB, 2152x1654px) Image search: [Google]
Ogres_and_Orcs_Lineage.png
773KB, 2152x1654px
>>48904836
This is probably accurate. Probably

>>48904821
>given they can interbreed
The amount of things that can interbreed in Warcraft is rather...average, for a fantasy setting. Not counting all the half-whatever experiments and shit
>>
>>48904836
>Also, I might be forgetting a step between the FUCK HUGE rock monsters and ogron.
Gronn? magnaron?
>>
File: Breakers.jpg (397KB, 1600x549px) Image search: [Google]
Breakers.jpg
397KB, 1600x549px
>>48904836
Magnaron to Gronn to Ogron/Ogrelord to Ogre to Goren.
I like to think Orcs are a corruption of Ogres who are in balance with the elements while still having some of the innate bloodlust.

>>48904837
That could work as a good villain. An Ogre who learned magic and was enlightened (possibly by Apexis Crystals or Arrakoa experimentation because why not) who seeks to take control of a Gorian enclave. He sees how much more powerful a two-headed ogre is, so he kidnaps a sorcerer and binds them together. And then he wonders, "how many times can I do this before I receive diminishing returns?" And this begins a disturbed ogre magi who begins fusing ogres into its form; has a back coated in agonized faces, howling skulls with skin stretched over them writhe on his arms, and they all speak with his voice because he has the most powerful personality of them all.

>>48904683
As an intro plot-hook that'd actually be great for the group. They learn of an Ogre nearby who seems intelligent and their elders fear he might be a forward scout for the Empire. But its just some Ogre with a crystal who is trying to find enlightenment; and should the party not kill him they're witnessed by other orcs for having not killed the Ogre; thus making them look like potential traitors/spies for the Empire; causing a conflict when they return and possibly a mak'gora for honor.
>>
>>48904983
Magnaron > Gronn > Ogron > Ogres > Orcs
That's the progression as I recall it. I forgot gronn and couldn't remember the full name of the magnaron off-hand.
>>
>>48904836
>>48904973
>>48904983
>>48905003
>>48905012
inb4 Legion patches introduce a 4th missing link between gronn and ogres that were all kidnapped by the Legion
>>
>>48904973
>>48905034
My money is on ettins being the result of failed experiments to make artificial two-headed ogres. Considering they have the two heads, but are arguably dumber than ogres. And don't appear to breed, considering their very limited numbers.
>>
>>48904973
Ogron are strangely adorable.
>>
Ettins and hobgoblins have no reason to exist.
>>
>>48904973
>The amount of things that can interbreed in Warcraft is rather...average, for a fantasy setting.
Tbh, it's also it's pretty logical, since they belong to the same clade.
Except half-orcs and half-elfs.
That's pretty much the equivalent of "the greys are creating a hybrid race with us"/"I fucked a sapient bird and she got pregnant" genetically speaking.
>>
>>48905157
I think its because their mouths look like they're smiling and they have the little pot bellies.
>>
>>48905402
And their little chubby faces.

Ogron pet when?
>>
>>48905436
When you find the ogress that sells them.
>>
>>48905641
Zing.
>>
File: ogre_lady_01.jpg (577KB, 917x628px) Image search: [Google]
ogre_lady_01.jpg
577KB, 917x628px
>>
>>48905641
>>48906087
12 years later, still no idea what a female ogre looks like. Apart from the mask, that is
>>
>>48906147
I honestly am not sure if female ogres exist. I suspect ogres might be hermaphrodites.
>>
>>48906147
>>48906171
They're invisible.
>>
>>48905165
Hobgobolins are alchemically mutated goblins used for muscle and fodder. What's the issue?
>>
>>48906190
All the female ogres pick subtley rogue.
>>
>>48906314
>>48906314
>>48906314
>>48906314

New thread
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.