[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CYOA General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 85

File: StickersCYOA_tunebuggy.png (4MB, 1700x5329px) Image search: [Google]
StickersCYOA_tunebuggy.png
4MB, 1700x5329px
Resources: http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Last Thread: >>48337888
>>
>>48348484
>This is actually false.
Nope. Because you have to pay extra to give anyone a decent amount of magic.

>Also false.
Yeah, no it's not. Before, Minor Magic cost 1 point to buy as Learned. Now it costs 2. Meaning Getting both a Minor and Major before was 3 points, not it's 4. I can fucking count, don't bullshit with me.

I think the lower tier options are worthless. If I'm paying to give people magic, I want a magical world. I don't want an extremely small number of people to magical. That disgusts me morally and doesn't imbue any sense of fantasy into the wider world. So I only care about Learned and Everyone, and both of these are DEFINITELY more expensive.

>>48348522
See above. There is zero reason to nerf learned.
>>
>>48348577
Bah, of course I post at the end of the thread.

Attached is 0.9.1 of the DLC. The only thing changed since the last is the system for assigning magic to species. If any anons want to read it over and tell me if it's shit, I'd appreciate it. I mean, I know the last version system was shit, I just don't know if this is less so.

You can page search to "Assigning Magic"; that and the next section, "Magic Balance". 1 page in total. You don't need to read the "Defining Magic" section, though of course you can if you like.

General overview:
Giving "Everyone" magic is more expensive than before
Giving "Rare" magic is less expensive than before
Giving Learned/Common Innate magic is the same as before
Much more flexible
HOPEFULLY clearer\simpler.

"Balanced" layouts such as "Primary Antagonist" and "Coalition" still cost exactly +0 balance overall, and if you balance magic evenly between allies and enemies, then you will get +0 balance.
>>
>>48348588
Which version are you comparing to? 0.4? It hasn't been 1 point to buy magic for humans in a long time.
>>
>>48348607
>Giving Learned/Common Innate magic is the same as before
Lie. I'd paste the quote if your formatting didn't cause it to be a single letter every line.

>>48348622
Third sentence at the top of "Magic of the People" in version 0.9
>>
>>48348641
It says 1 *level* in the sentence, not one *point*. Levels are 2 points if you read further, such as under "Extra".

I'm not lying about my own CYOA, and I assure you I know it better than you do. There was no such nerf, you simply misunderstood the previous version. Which is, ironically, one of the reasons I'm trying to make it simpler.
>>
>>48348664
Extra implies no such thing. It only costs you 2 points to change one level beyond what the above options do. Things like this being slightly more expensive is not uncommon at all.

So even if your 'intent' was such, your CYOA never actually said that. That mistake is entirely on you. However, that mistake made a far better CYOA, because it makes no sense for Minors to cost the same as Majors, didn't penalize wide over tall magic specialization, and generally fit better with the 7 point count of the old version.
>>
>>48348641
>Lie. I'd paste the quote if your formatting didn't cause it to be a single letter every line.
As an aside, if you actually download the pdf and view it in acrobat, you can copy/paste without the letters being weird. I have no idea why.
>>
>>48348707
You can still *perfectly* replicate Coalition or Primary Antagonist in the new system, so I really still don't understand why you're upset. Both of those examples require a balance between enemies and allies, and under the new system, the cost of *any* balanced distribution is ZERO. Literally the change is that you are no longer limited to picking between the pre-configured balanced options.

As for Minors costing the same as majors, they never have, and they never will. In the new system, you have to buy the minor in order to buy the major, so you end up spending more if you want the major.
>>
>>48348707
>because it makes no sense for Minors to cost the same as Majors, didn't penalize wide over tall magic specialization
Neither of these things happened in the old version or the new version. I'm sorry that you thought that levels and points were the same thing. I acknowledge that could be confusing, which is exactly why I am fixing it.

In both versions, getting two minor magics costs the same as getting one major magic.
>>
>>48348794
>As for Minors costing the same as majors, they never have, and they never will.
Bullshit. They cost two points for both. This disadvantages people who want wider access to magic (because they are by far weaker) over people who stack a few majors (because they will have much stronger magic). Minors only costing one point would solve this issue.
>>
File: Seven Virtues Cyoa 1.jpg (4MB, 3631x8021px) Image search: [Google]
Seven Virtues Cyoa 1.jpg
4MB, 3631x8021px
I give up, the odds of the expansion being posted are slim to none. I guess I should just be happy we got what we did.
>>
>>48348884
Yes, but you have to buy the minor to get the major now, which means you're spending 4 points if you want to get the Major, and 2 points to get the minor.

Not coincidentally, this is *exactly* the same ratio as in the main CYOA. You have to spend twice as many points to get the major magic as to get the minor. No one complained about breadth upon seeing the fact that Minor Magic cost 5 points to get and Major Magic cost 10 in the CYOA.

So, getting access to one major magic costs exactly the same as getting access to two minor magics. This has been the case in the primary CYOA, and in the DLC, in every iteration that I have published since the beginning.
>>
>>48348960
You're not going to appease everybody.
>>
>>48348960
And I'm telling you that it's better to make granting minor magics cheaper in the DLC. Because there is zero reason to give someone two minors over a single major because you're getting equal cost for much less power and ability. The two main competing strategies should be getting a few majors vs getting a number of minors, yet the versatility offered by a number of minors doesn't live up to buying majors with the same number of points.

>>48348984
No, but he'd be an idiot to ignore criticism for the sake of sycophants.
>>
>>48348984
Yeah, but I more want to clarify for anyone else reading. Thanks, though.
>>
>>48349014
In that case: criticism noted, appreciated, but not incorporated.

2 minors = 1 major is a fundamental design principle that has been with this project from the very beginning, and it's not something I'm going to change.
>>
>>48349032
A poorly-balanced principle.

I don't think I've seen you actually utilize any criticism, which makes your 'open' attitude a bit of a false visage.
>>
>>48349014
I should also note for readers that you can *still* give humanity as much breadth and depth as you would like, without limit. As long as you are giving a Major Threat the same breadth and depth, the cost will be 0. That's why it's "balance".
>>
File: Seven Virtues Cyoa 2.jpg (5MB, 3617x8021px) Image search: [Google]
Seven Virtues Cyoa 2.jpg
5MB, 3617x8021px
>>48348954
>>
>>48349067
Well, off the top of my head, I reinstated higher levels of Impervious when people complained about me changing it, toned down some drawbacks when they were noted to be too harsh, changed of conditions on drawbacks as well, tweaked quests to be more doable in response to criticism, added options for inheritable abilities upon request, added literally dozens of options that people asked for...

I could go back through my notes to find more if you like.

On the other hand, what criticism, besides your own, haven't I taken to heart or incorporated in some way?
>>
>>48349142
Pretty much anything asking you to change the structure or pricing of a system.
>>
>>48349180
I can't bring to mind any examples of that, other than, again, your very specific complaint.

Can you give me anything more to go on, here? Or is this just a vague feeling you have about my attitude extrapolated from the fact that I'm not going to overhaul my entire system based on the input of one anon who disagrees with my balance principles?
>>
>>48349220
Most recently, the change to the magic and race sections, even before this time.
>>
>>48349270
Mmm, yes; I know what you are referring to, now. However, when the situation is that:

Several anons post saying that they like change
Several anons post saying that they don't like the change

which was the case for both of the examples you give,

then I tend to go with the option that I prefer and think make for a better system. One cannot be accused of ignoring input when the input is mixed and diametrically opposed.

In contrast, the one example I can think of truly united feedback was when I "nerfed" Impervious. Seeing that half a dozen anons or more hated the change, and none felt the opposite, I reversed the change pretty much immediately.

The reason I can't take this current criticism as something worth considering, is that it's a criticism that should have been made during the original CYOA, if breadth/depth is an issue now, then it should have been an issue then, and I'm not going to overhaul the entire thing, which would require altering the primary CYOA majorly to stay in line with it; something I will absolutely not do.
>>
File: 1466634845396.jpg (4MB, 1600x3864px) Image search: [Google]
1466634845396.jpg
4MB, 1600x3864px
Ok I just saw the broken build from last thread, I am going to take a spin at that Brilliance!
>>
File: abducted page 1v1.png (6MB, 1300x4934px) Image search: [Google]
abducted page 1v1.png
6MB, 1300x4934px
>>
File: abducted page 2v1.png (6MB, 1300x4934px) Image search: [Google]
abducted page 2v1.png
6MB, 1300x4934px
>>48349503
>>
File: 1466634931131.jpg (4MB, 1600x3499px) Image search: [Google]
1466634931131.jpg
4MB, 1600x3499px
>>48349491
>>
>>
File: 1466635006088.jpg (4MB, 1600x3572px) Image search: [Google]
1466635006088.jpg
4MB, 1600x3572px
>>48349535
>>
File: 1466635781345.jpg (4MB, 1600x3572px) Image search: [Google]
1466635781345.jpg
4MB, 1600x3572px
>>48349582
>>
>>48348607
>souless=personalit death
For most people it would drastically change their moral outlook, but the core of their personality (habbits, likes, dislikes, etc)and memories would still be there.

Theyre not the same, but that's not personality death either
>>
>>48349683
>Theyre not the same
>but that's not personality death
Wrong
>>
>>48349683
If a normal human being were to suddenly become a sociopath magically, which is essentially what is happening here, then in my mind they wouldn't be the same person. Hence my use of the phrase "personality death".

No?
>>
>>48348607
Still considering giving people points for writefagging/increasing the amount of penalty points you can take in the main cyoa?
>>
>>48349786
Yes, to both. Opinions were pretty divided on the first; going to at least sleep on it before deciding anything.
>>
>>48349706
Are you the same now as when you were 8 years old?

Wait, don't answer that
>>
>>48349809
That me is dead.
>>
File: 44644757629653788146.jpg (524KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
44644757629653788146.jpg
524KB, 640x960px
>>48349491

>Innate
>Weak
>Renegades

>Strength 2
>Agility 2
>Endurance 2
>Durability 3
>Enhanced Senses 2
>Stealth 1
>Reflexes 3
>Immunity 2
>Stylish 1
>Self Healing 2
>Weapon Mastery 1 (Katana)
>Weapon Master 1 (Handgun)
>Overcharge 1
>Analysis 1
>Passion 1
>Powerburst 2
>Unarmed Mastery (Karate)
25+3 from Valuable =28

>Unique Weapon (super sharp and strong katana)
>Boot Camp
>Safehouse
>Reputation (from John York foe)
>Defector (from Renegades) Fiona Dawley
>Valuable
>Lindsey Reyes
>Jim Boyce
>John York

>be seemingly normal girl
>get kidnapped by human traffickers who want to prostitute me
>get rescued by "supersoldiers" who recognize my hidden potential and been tracking me
>they help me awaken my hidden powers and train me to fight
>become ninja vigilante who fights crime and evil organizations
>quickly execute criminals who are sorryfor their crimes, brutally torture unrepentant ones
>Jim helps with crime connections and muscle, Lindsey helps with more sophisticated evil organizations by hacking them
>eventually Fiona the investigative reporter finds out a little about me and helps by defending vigilantes and calling out criminals
>I'm still valuable to human traffickers who are after me and hire John to hunt me down, so always on the run
>>
>>48349837
Rivers, twice, and all.

>>48349865
Hey, hey.

Still like the build. Don't understand why the human traffickers are stupid enough to keep coming after you, though. Do they not know you are superpowered?
>>
>>48349837
You're just playing with English language. There is continuity of being. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
>>48349753
>>
>>48349891
Please don't feed the attention whore, we'll end up with an infestation.
>>
>tfw Turbo Autism keeps you from making builds unless you've got an image to work off of

Making Zombie Funguy is suffering.
>>
>>48350082
What's worse is you're feeding namefags attention and helping them to spread.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 1250x7100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 1250x7100px
>>48350099
Honestly it's like a vicious cycle. Namefags beget attentionwhores who beget namgefags or become them.
>>
>>48350129
>become them
Don't act retarded, anon. Namefags are attention whores by definition.
>>
File: Goku.jpg (95KB, 680x395px) Image search: [Google]
Goku.jpg
95KB, 680x395px
>>48349491
>>48349535
>>48349582
>>48349608
Goku
Innate / Peak Human / Renegades (Z - Fighters)

31 (Valuable + Traitor)
Strength 3
>28
Durability 3
>25
Agility 3
>22
Directed Energy Attack 3
>19
Overcharge 3
>16
Training 3
>13
Passion 3
>10
Self Healing 2
>8
Focus 2
>6
Flight 2
>4
Endurance 2
>2
Inheritable 1
>1
Unarmed Mastery 1
>0

Defector (Free)
Unique Weapon (Spirit Bomb)
Transport (Nimbus)
Charisma

Valuable Traitor

- Allies
Ryan Elmore (Krillin)
Samuel Mason (Master Roshi)
Hannah Caldwell - Charismatic - (Gohan)
Olivia Blake - Foe Perk - (Piccolo)
The Prototype - Defector - (Lord Beerus

Derek Hall (Yajirobe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHnfX1RmZX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJCY9IIZBx8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCN2YOgPCYE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo1SzVoa4AU

How does this look guys? Should I cut back on my allies or something? I dont know maybe go factionless instead of renegade?
>>
>>48349491
Origin: Innate.
Appearance: Athletic.
Faction: The Agency.
Perks: Expert, Safe House, Authority, Identity, Defector(Clone), Signing Bonus, Boot Camp.
Drawbacks: Hated, Valuable, Uncanny, Traitor(Big Mike), Body Guard, Limited, Controlled, Aging, Memory Loss,.
Allies: Lindsey Reyes, Clone, Jim Boyce.
Enemies: Fiona Dawley, Immortal, Unknown, Big Mike.
Abilities Total Points(52):Important stuff to be unlocked by Limited first, Mind Reading 3, Mind Control 3, Social Enhancer 2, Inheritable 3, Training 2, Stealth 1, Self Recovery 2. Now the rest, Training 3, Mental 3, Focus 3, Agility 3, Endurance 2, Durability 3, Enhanced Senses 2, Stealth 2, Reflexes 2, Immunity 2, Self Healing 3, Unarmed Mastery 2, Flight 3, Directed Energy Attack 3, Overcharge 3, Analysis 2.
I will post a better broken build story to go with this abomination, I will admit I am kicking myself for not thinking of it before, but I was on a gimmick craze.
>>48350232
Looks about right. But I don't get why The Prototype would be Lord Berus. I would have taken off Passion 3 and made Unarmed Mastery 3, and Flight 3. We aren't Hercule Satan and Goku shouldn't need a backpack. Not to say his dumbass wouldn't want one, but you get the point.
>>
>>48350313
>The Prototype would be Lord Berus
Beerus is roughly similiar to the Prototype and I couldnt figure out who else I could translate into a DBZ character. I dont even have Vegeta or Majin Buu so im actually a bit frustrated.

>I would have taken off Passion 3
A big part of DBZ is how determined and emotional you are during a fight. Stuff like Super Saiyan is triggered by intense emotions

>Unarmed Mastery 3,
Goku didnt invent his fighting style and I only have a limited amount of points to buy what I need for the build

>Flight 3.
You see their Ki when they fly

>Goku shouldn't need a backpack.
What do you mean? I dont get it maybe im stupid or somehting
>>
>>48347532
Failure isn't immoral. Failing deliberately is, but you shouldn't feel immoral if you tried and still failed.

You could easily write your build so that's the case. Considering Ira is in something of a weakened state compared to when she first faced the witch, and you are only a half-dragon meaning you are probably weaker than she was, and neither of you really have a plan for making the witch actually undo the curse even if you manage to capture her, Failure is definitely a strong possibility.

You could also take the route of bringing up all of these concerns with Ira and decide that it would be better to live with the curse than risk making things even worse without a proper plan. Take no action now (and let the opportunity slip by) and find a safer way to do it later.
>>
>>48350371
Should have linked
>>48347563
>>
>>48350371
>>48350392
>You could write your build so you become something you don't want to be for the sake of damning another character.
Stupid from the perspective of a player.

>You could convince someone that literal mindrape is okay and they should totally give in to the evil magic forcing them to be someone they're not.
Just plain monstrous.
>>
>>48350313
Ok so here I am thinking I'll just be used by the Agency to promote the program. Uncanny and my Athletic build has made me known as Ken when in Boot Camp. So I'll be Using my Unnatural charm to sway Fiona while simultaneously subtly planting suggestions into her mind that we can be friends, when finishing the set I walk out with my Handler Jim Boyce and meet my Clone. After convincing Jim to not report my Clone and help me take him to the Safe house, we figure out my Clone has Strength 3, Agility 3, Endurance 2, Unarmed Mastery 2, Inheritable 3, and Strength 3. Basically I am the Face of the Duo while my Clone is Close Combat Monster with Kung Fu. After a hardcore training montage of a few weeks and unlocking each others powers to the max, giving each other powers, and pushing them past their supposed limits( I can get this time by using my Authority to delegate shit to the recruits, and using the most important power I need to pull this off Money, to make sure I am not disturbed by using bribes, when not taking body guard shifts(Knocks out Limited and deals with Body Guard respectively)) to go out on a report about the Immortal. I use my new found Ninja skills with Stealth and my natural charm Social Enhancer, to calm him down so we can negotiate. After Making friends with the Immortal I bring him to the hideout and with the assistance of my Clone fix his damaged mind by healing him with a combo of Self Healing, Inheritable 3, and our own medical knowledge based on the equipment and information I acquired thanks to the signing bonus, so that he in turn can use inheritable on me and my Clone so that whenever we die we can just get back up later better than ever(this will naturally remove aging as it is no longer relevant, though I still will, then proceed to die again to get back up). Big Mike will be dealt with personally seeing as we went to the same boot camp, Between Jim and this nice hacker we picked up(Lindsey). Running out of space.
>>
>>48350368
By backpack my dumbass meant a jetpack, don't know what I was on about.
>>
>>48350731
Its the Ki aura not an actual jet back
>>
>>48350675
As we were last left on Lindsey and Jim helping me find Big Mike as he was a good friend in training(my Clone is either with the body guard target or I am at all times at this point, rumors of an assassin going around, thank fully we are both FULLY prepared for damn near anything), we found out that Big Mike was lied to by the Unknown. He was being used to take out big name super soldiers that were trying to integrate into society, by attacking their homes while wearing a Luchador Mask working for the Mexican cartels. After resolving his situation, cleaning up the cartel catpaws of the Unknown, and fixing the damages, I also gave Mike a fix up like the Immortal so he was no longer slow and gave him a room to crash in at my place(I trust him enough to not rat out my Clone and they start training sessions while am gone) in the interest of getting out of the perpetual dude hole my safe house has become I went on a date with Lindsey to a fancy restaurant recommended by Jim to Celebrate getting my old comrade back. While at the restaurant though we were attacked by some more masked wrestlers sent by the Unknown(don't ask why I just threw it out as a idea for Big Mike and though fuck it, its a thing now.) After beating them and protecting Lindsey and the other patrons I find the hideout that the Unknown uses as a screening area for assistant assassins. After taking Lindsey home for some "quiet time"(getting her sound proof walls...and windows) I go to collect Big Mike, my Clone, and the Immortal whom was over for a late poker night while I was on a date. I think I am running out of room so one last post for backstory of FUN!
>>48350775
I know, I was making a reference to the Budokai games and how Hercule would use a jet pack to fly around like everyone else.
>>
File: MetaCYOA.png (74KB, 823x800px) Image search: [Google]
MetaCYOA.png
74KB, 823x800px
For those who want to go beyond the impossible and kick point limits to the curb.
Because everyone will just pick A.
>>
>>48351058
F

Just kidding. A.
>>
>>48351058
I'm going You're Batshit Insane mode.
E.
>>
>>48351058
B
>>
File: Atomic Man 1.jpg (2MB, 1600x5150px) Image search: [Google]
Atomic Man 1.jpg
2MB, 1600x5150px
Hey all. I'm trying to refind a specific monster girl CYOA. It has five or six monsters to choose from, and then each monster has their own CYOA page of choices for them. I remember that some of the choices were a succubus, a slime, one that lives in your head, one that has multiple bodies like a hive mind, and a harvest god or whatever that is real good at baking. While I'm waiting, I'll dump what I got. Thanks all!
>>
>>48350313
>>48350675
>>48350966
>>48350966
With the 3 amigos loaded and ready to bare, we infiltrated the Unknown hideout and had a cat and mouse game similar to a certain wereboar assassin and his hijinks. This ended after repeated taps into his subconscious to make him an ally with my mind control and pheromones. After turning my Assassin to my side, having him give me and my clone his shape shifting abilities through liberal use of Inheritable 3 to give him that ability as well, we become perfect shape shifters(removes more or less Uncanny). After gaining this ability, I will continue working for the Agency while hiding my power level for a few years, using my resent show of bringing in enemies as allies to get a promotion, I use it as an excuse to have my Control node removed and my Body Guard status finished, removing my collar. As I get on in years marrying Lindsey, hiding my Clone, faking the ageing process while I look like a Ken doll from Uncanny so no one expects, I declare my replacement from a new batch of recruits if they impress me, then the Clone shape shifted and using our new Identity and our full powers blows the competition out of the water he takes my position, along with a new signing bonus. With my retirement secure and my higher ups none the wiser to my immortality I give some of my powers to Lindsey over the years and tell her our plan to fake my death and turning into my Clones new identity, with him being able to grease the wheels and get her a new identity too, we fake our deaths in a terrorist attack by Luchadors with explosives. After our burial and my Clone giving me a new identity when I come to work for the Agency, we become the badass hero team that fights planet destroying tyrants, while Lindsey is learning to use her powers from the Immortal(now a class teacher at Collage), the 4 of us have great adventures for ever and ever. Ok done, a completely justified ending and results, Luchadors not withstanding. I blame lack of sleep.
>>
File: Atomic Man 2.jpg (1MB, 1600x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Atomic Man 2.jpg
1MB, 1600x3300px
>>48351149
>>
>>48351067
>>48351114
>>48351132
You guys need to post a Cyoa first.
>>48351152
Also how did I do?
>>
File: Yggdrasil (Tree of the World).jpg (3MB, 2000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Yggdrasil (Tree of the World).jpg
3MB, 2000x1800px
>>
>>48351159
No we don't
>>
>>48351058
B
>>
File: Time Magic.jpg (2MB, 1399x3580px) Image search: [Google]
Time Magic.jpg
2MB, 1399x3580px
>>
>>48351159
>You guys need to post a Cyoa first.
Uh, no? Read the rules.
>>
File: FulfillYourWard'sWish P1.png (1MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FulfillYourWard'sWish P1.png
1MB, 1000x2000px
>>48351159
If you insist.
>>
File: FulfillYourWard'sWish P2.png (1MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FulfillYourWard'sWish P2.png
1MB, 1000x2000px
>>48351193
>>
File: Power Highlander.jpg (2MB, 1697x2578px) Image search: [Google]
Power Highlander.jpg
2MB, 1697x2578px
>>
>>48351149
That's Branching Heart. Go to the pastebin in the OP, find Beri's drive, and it'll be there.
>>
>>48349865
Wanna hang out with a un-ageing god? I am here>>48350313
>>48350675
>>48350966
>>48351152
I may consider giving you immortality if you weren't so homicidally unstable, but I can work on that.
>>
File: FulfillYourWard'sWish P3.png (1MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FulfillYourWard'sWish P3.png
1MB, 1000x2000px
>>48351203
This reminds me. What happens if the wish is Love, a person picks Boy, and the ward falls in love with him?
>>
File: Random Powers.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Random Powers.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: Fun Stickers.jpg (922KB, 1190x3730px) Image search: [Google]
Fun Stickers.jpg
922KB, 1190x3730px
>>48351211
Thank you friend! I figured it was in there somewhere, just didn't know where. Now I'll continue dumping.
>>
File: Strange Coins.jpg (5MB, 1275x4671px) Image search: [Google]
Strange Coins.jpg
5MB, 1275x4671px
>>
File: New Mulitverse 1.jpg (437KB, 1600x1856px) Image search: [Google]
New Mulitverse 1.jpg
437KB, 1600x1856px
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 3, 1, 2, 4, 2, 4 = 20 (8d4)

>>48351114
>>48351149
>>48351158
Points to spend: 300
Dice I need to roll:
Type: 1d4
Special Powers: 2d4 (one for each row)
Gear: 1d4
Armor: 1d4
Training: 1d4
Companion: 2d4 (first roll is evens/odds for first/second roll, next is column)
And I'll roll my 1d6 in the following post.
Total dice: 8d4
Rollan.
>>
File: New Mulitverse 2.jpg (403KB, 1600x1856px) Image search: [Google]
New Mulitverse 2.jpg
403KB, 1600x1856px
>>
>>48351253
That one's already been posted, though: >>48348577
>>
File: New Mulitverse 3.jpg (422KB, 1600x1856px) Image search: [Google]
New Mulitverse 3.jpg
422KB, 1600x1856px
>>48351301
... shit. That's what I get for checking every CYOA posted except for OP. Oh well, worst that'll happen is I look like a newfag. More dumping.
>>
>>48351058
Yep, A.
>>
File: Wizard School.png (4MB, 1500x5280px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard School.png
4MB, 1500x5280px
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>48351287
>Discrete body: get Diplomatic Training Free, +1 companion free.
>Invisibility: 35
>Hypnotic Waves: 25
>Radio: 5
>Iron Skin: 5
>Diplomatic Training: Free
>Evens (first row): White Shadow: Free
>Points Spent: 70
>Points Leftover: 230
Let's see what the Atomic Sneak is up against.
>>
File: Elder Tale.jpg (3MB, 1806x3797px) Image search: [Google]
Elder Tale.jpg
3MB, 1806x3797px
>>
File: Where Our Worlds Collide 1.png (4MB, 1200x6130px) Image search: [Google]
Where Our Worlds Collide 1.png
4MB, 1200x6130px
>>
File: Where Our Worlds Collide 2.png (4MB, 1200x6620px) Image search: [Google]
Where Our Worlds Collide 2.png
4MB, 1200x6620px
>>
>>48351358
That's not a CYOA.
>>
>>48351358
This one seems fun. Wish they had more information from the actual story though. There was that list of subclasses if you want it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F9fxJuxL7dU3pDMtyrTfJrsXOws_6WRfxnxuKwvsF7Y/edit
>>
File: 1464019048251.jpg (502KB, 1149x659px) Image search: [Google]
1464019048251.jpg
502KB, 1149x659px
>>48351357
>A diplomancer
>Up against zombies and psychic eyeballs.
A-at least I'm invisible and can talk good.
Wish me the best, guys.
>>
File: Where Our Worlds Collide 3.png (2MB, 1200x3114px) Image search: [Google]
Where Our Worlds Collide 3.png
2MB, 1200x3114px
>>
>>48351058
A, even if you mock me.
>>
File: Where Our Worlds Collide 4.png (1MB, 1200x2456px) Image search: [Google]
Where Our Worlds Collide 4.png
1MB, 1200x2456px
>>
File: The Fourth Wall.jpg (1018KB, 896x6176px) Image search: [Google]
The Fourth Wall.jpg
1018KB, 896x6176px
>>
File: Ghostbusters.png (2MB, 931x3205px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters.png
2MB, 931x3205px
>>
>>48351058
Taking D.
>>
Pocket God
|Absolute Immunity
|Absolute Will
|Concept Manipulation
|Omnipresence
|Omniscience
|Infinite Storate
|Celestial Court
|God's Spawn
|The Fabric of Reality
\Twin Souls
>>
>>48351058
I'm taking A.
>>
>>48351282
>It's the echoes of the last big guy
Well congratulations, you got time and space caught. What's the next step of your master plan?
>>
>>48351548
To create a new mutliverse... WITH MORE SURVIVORS!
>>
File: Ghostbusters the CYOA 02.png (3MB, 931x2705px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters the CYOA 02.png
3MB, 931x2705px
>>48351454
>>
File: Ghostbusters the CYOA.png (4MB, 931x4986px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters the CYOA.png
4MB, 931x4986px
>>48351454
>>48351702
combined
>>
>>48351454
Does everyone get the pke meter and ghost trap by default, or is that an upgrade?
>>
>>48351058
F, obviously.
>>
>>48344662
>Not enough powers? Watch this video from our sponsors and win 10 points!
>Leave a review and a 5 star rating to get fewer drawbacks!
>New! Glow-in-the-dark personal omni-weapon, only 0.49$! Buy one get a free waifu companion who doesn't use slots!
>>
>>48351712
Steed
>Jeep
Proton Pack
>Lightweight Frame
>Containment Module
>Slime Tank
Special Assets
>Ancient Tome
>Medical Kit
>Field Research Kit
Special Encounters
>Kitsune
>Phorusrhacos
>Hellburger
Allies
>The Knight
And now we set the Knight up on a date with the Kitsune and clean up the aftermath.
>>
>>48350129

So how are you supposed to die as a spirit?
>>
is there a Dark City pdf?
>>
>>48351712
Where are Human Resources?
>>
>>48352461
Um... I don't know how to do that
>>
>>48352461
PDFs do not magically remove filesize. Placing several images in a PDF linearly stacks their size. The only way you'd fit 14 pages in a PDF would be to compress them, which would lead to ugly artifacting that would be nigh-unreadable.

>>48352522
See above, it'd be a bad idea.
>>
>>48352461
Um... I don't know how to do that. Make a pdf version that is.
>>
>>48352522
>>48352534
>>48352535

sall gud just curious
>>
>>48348607
>you can buy that magic for 60% less in fate points.
>40%
>percentages instead of hard numbers or "divided by half"
do you have to do that? your cyoa is already a little too math-heavy for me
i still like it tho
>>
>>48343857
I can assure you, nothing I did was what I wanted. It is not noble.
I never wanted to be the King, but that's the slot in life I was given. So I dedicate my life to protecting the people.
>>
>>48348954
Hey whiney baby.
>>48331404
Here is the basic Sins in the newer format.
>>48342464
If you had payed attention and noticed your CYOA author's requesting advice, you could have said something to him/her.

(BTW: I'm fine either way. Clementine needs to be as insane as the original image, however.)
>>
>>48349865
So no RP today? What gives?
>>
>>48353239
Probably just testing the waters after last time, and someone called her an attention whore right off the bat.
>>
>>48351167

Magical girl time!

Cuteness
Be the Little Girl
Cute Vibe

Life
Durability
Respawn

Power
Basic Magic
Adept Magic
Master Magic
Double Dip

All eight magic schools for 4 points.

I'm absolutely adorable and cute and everyone wants to hug me and take care of me and make sure I'm happy. And fairly tough, and impossible to kill permanently. And, you know, incredible cosmic power. Maybe I'll build a cute world of my own somewhere. And bring some of my friends to live there. I'll be their magical princess!
>>
>>48353384

... I'm going to want a prince, of course. Pity I can't shape shift other people; doesn't seem to fit any of those magic schools. So I can't simply make somebody into an ideal cute prince for me. Illusions could work, but I'd always know.

I'll just have to choose the most beautiful boy in the kingdom at the May fair in the courtyard each year, to be my princely consort for twelve months of wonder and magic. Then he can return to his old life, and I'll choose another. And then another, and another. Until, perhaps, I find one who intrigues me, and I choose to keep him...
>>
>>48350129
>Form
Spirit
>Unique Power
Possession
>Immortality
Rebirth
>Location
Media
>Powers
Human Form
Magical Defense
Pursuit
Temptation
Speed
Unseen Force
Wanderer
>Weaknesses
Nemesis
Hunter

Resistant to magic (only thing that can really hurt me) and I get plenty of freedom.
If I manage to kill my Nemesis plus the Hunter and their whole family, I'll be more or less unstoppable.
>>
File: SSR1.png (5MB, 3631x8021px) Image search: [Google]
SSR1.png
5MB, 3631x8021px
>>48353171
Those are two different authors. I should know because I am the one working on the Sins revision.
>>
>>48353780
>3631 pixels wide
don't do that.
I can read it fine in the 4chan tab, so really, there's no reason not to scale it down.
Personally I'd like you to do with the Gluttony and Lust image as you did for the Greed one, where you can't see the edges of the image.
Maybe highlight the most important words/powers, rather than write them with a teeny tiny bit larger font size.
>>
File: SSR2.png (6MB, 3631x8201px) Image search: [Google]
SSR2.png
6MB, 3631x8201px
>>48353814
Gimp wouldn't let me bold it, and I think making the text colored, even for a small part, would ruin the aesthetic I was going for.
Also, I didn't do anything to the images, they just looked that way when I got them.
>>
>>48353780
Sloth a best deadly sin
>>
File: 1452823111458.png (3MB, 1576x3473px) Image search: [Google]
1452823111458.png
3MB, 1576x3473px
>>48353850
Eh, personally it would be far easier for me to get a quick understanding of w hat each sin gives me, but that's cool. So long as you have an argument.
I still would urge you to decrease the width. My monitor is 1920x1080, and I had no trouble at all reading the image in the tab... but when I opened it in a separate one, oh boy.

Attempt at decreasing the width, I have no clue if this works.
(30 pixels of space to either side, 51 between top and bottom)
>>
>>48351179
Contradiction and Ageless Body. Contradiction lets me get rid of all the negative effects of Ageless Body by contradicting them, ensuring I'll be healthy and in perfect shape forever. Plus I get Contradiction, which is awesome.
>>
>>48351270
Travel Tunnel is a touch confusing. My understanding is that a "travel related station" is the same sort of hall or tunnel anywhere in the world, ie. if I stand in my bedroom hallway I can teleport to any bedroom hallway in the world, from a metro station to any other metro station or from any musical hall to any other musical hall.
If that's the gist of it then it's my first pick for easy worldwide travel, followed by Hidden Library since I could use it to become a polymath (purchase a camera owned by Stanley Kubrick, a computer by Steve Wozniak, a guitar by Steve Vai) and Cabaret Cutie for easy sex for me and my mates, awesome sexual prowess and mad dance skills.
>>
>>48348577
L I N K T H E C H A I N
8 that are connected to each other, eh? Sure. Reminds me of Doctor Who.

Scissors sticker is a bit of a no-brainer, effectively giving me a solid weapon where ever blades are sold.
Plain sticker, to sell, because I need cash yo.
Headphones! I love music (/mu/tant) so I could do some MULTI-TRACK LISTENING.
Heck, let's get Mosquito too, because I don't like being sick.
Generator, sure! Electricity is neat.
Dreamcatcher because I don't usually sleep and I need time to listen to music.
Monkey tail because why the fuck not.
Shooting star, so I can have BASICALLY infinite stickers with some coincidences.

There we go! Those are the stickers.
>>
>>48352911
Sure, I can add the hard numbers in instead, no worries. Thanks for letting me know it's a problem.
>>
hey namefriend i'm preparing a build on your main cyoa (pic related) and i have a bit of an odd question
would major shapeshifting allow conscious birth control? more generally how do you think it would it affect giving birth?
>>
>>48351712
Because the movie was trash and I can do better.
>Steed
Let's take the Highway Patrol. Basically a Jeep but better right?
>Gear
Let's take the lightweight frame (because I'm weak), Containment Module, and Para-Goggles.
>Assets
Let's get a medical kit, mega ghost trap if things get rough, and a hazardous material suit because slime.
>Encounters
Basically the plot. The Stranger would be difficult but fun because eldritch, Giant Skeleton because that's kinda easy, and Undead Army so I can have a break,
>Allies
Informant, because harmless basically.
>>
>>48354104
Shapeshifting, in my mind, doesn't affect your genetic material, so it wouldn't affect children born. That being said, I'm not going to be butthurt if you want to interpret it in another way.

On the other hand, if you have Major Shapeshifting you could alter your sexual organs in a tiny way that made you temporarily sterile, sure.
>>
>>48354125
neato
thanks for answering
is there any way to make Descendants immortal? right now I'm using a workaround with empty companion slots that i bestow to Descendants
>>
>>48354135
Not directly, no, other than the empty companion slots (which is a perfectly legitimate use).

The closest is through some of the Quest rewards that let you bestow a theoretically unlimited amount of immortality (such as Sorcerer Supreme).

I'm not sure it would be wise to make all of your descendants immortal, though, unless you are also making them sterile. Exponential growth of undying people...
>>
>>48354135
which I don't mind doing btw, it works fluff-wise
my great descendants can already live almost a thousand years due to perks stacking
>>48354247
okay thanks
not to get too real but seeing your own children die is not great tho
>>
>>48354291
>seeing your own children die is not great tho
I, personally, think it would be sad, but okay, provided that they lived a long and full life, happy with their accomplishments. In the real world, seeing your children die means that their lives were cut short, which is the real tragedy.

I'm sure not all agree with me, though.
>>
>>48354104
>>48354291
>>48354346
Wait no, I had misunderstood how Extended Lifespan works for Great Descendants.
It doesn't multiply life expectancy, it decreases aging by a factor or 2 powered by 4.
God this is complicated for someone who's not a native speaker and also sucks at math.

So assuming a life expectancy of 80 years old, my Descendants with the simple life extension perk could live to 160, and my Great Descendants with the stacked perk could live to 3840?

Or is this not how it works at all?
>>
>>48352911
It's so you have round numbers. 40% of 10 is 4, 60% of 10 is 6. For 5, it's 2 and 3 respectively.
>>
>>48354467
>So assuming a life expectancy of 80 years old, my Descendants with the simple life extension perk could live to 160, and my Great Descendants with the stacked perk could live to 3840?
I'm sorry it's complicated, and I appreciate your feedback; I'll see if I can find a way to reword it.

So, assuming you bought ALL possible life extensions for both Descendants and Great Descendants, then first, yes, all of your descendants would like to be 160.

Your Great Descendants would have their lifespan increased by a factor of 2^4 = 16. Which means they would live to be 160*16 = 2560 years, on average. I'm not sure where 3840 is coming from, though the difference to me is pretty immaterial.

I consider doubling lifespan to mean the same thing as halving aging, by the way.
>>
>>48354514
Basically, yeah, though I changed the wording to just say 2 (4) and 3 (6) respectively. Should be simpler, and that's how I should have done it in the first place.
>>
>>48354518

It's not equivalent. IIRC, if we were all biologically immortal we would still only have a few hundred years life expectancy, because of accidents.
>>
>>48354539
Ah; when I say "expected lifespan" I'm referring to natural lifespan, not factoring in being killed in a war and such. I do see your point, though.
>>
>>48354518
thanks.
i think i got 3840 by trying (and failing) to calculate the utmost maximum lifespan that could be achieved with all perks.
so let's say a real life maximum lifespan is 125 with modern medicine.
assuming Major Blessed One is roughly equivalent to modern medicine...
my Descendants can live up to 250 years old.
and Great Descendants with the stacked perk have a maximum lifespan of.. 4000?

which is still not enough for me, since ideally I would want them to be able to survive until I complete a quest. which would make them truly ageless.
I know most of them will die way before that but I would like the possibility, the hope of making them immortal.
>>
>>48354596
I guess I could start the game less than 4000 years before the current present day. but then that messes up other aspects of my build... hmm.
autism truly is a harsh mistress.
>>
>>48354596
>>48354619
I think 125 is a stretch; I'd say closer to 100.

Tell you what, though, just for you I'll let you spend more points (up to 6) on the Extending Lifespan for Great Descendants in the next update; that will let you increase the limit by another x4 multiplier. Should be more than enough to get you to quest completion from 10,000 BC.
>>
Say, what happens if I give Minor Magic to my race, but take Major Magic? I did the math properly (I took Major as +5 points and then the discounted Minor) but how fast would it take for me to Master a Major Magic now?

A century, as it would've been to learn a Minor Magic without it being inherent to the setting? You should specify this somewhere.

Does either book come with knowledge on the locations of natural resources? That's important for teching up.

My plan: I"ll try to build up a name formyself through my feats. Being a healer should make me pretty valuable by default. Along the way I"ll offer to apprentice anyone who can pay, and try to make a living off smithing. My goal would be seeing the expansion and continuation of Greek civilization and if need be, I"ll take a more direct role when I learn to master any Major magic. Divination and Blessed One will be my priority. After that I"ll try to improve Illusion and Enchantment.

Origin: 3050BC Greece
Quests: An Empire Eternal, Sorcerer Supreme

==World==
Light (-10 starting balance)
Caverns of The Expanse w/Fungus: +1

==(Innate, Bloodline) Magic==
Rare Major Blessed One: +2
Rare Minor Binding: +1
Rare Minor Enchantment: +1
Rare Minor Illusion: +1
Rare Minor Master of Motion: +1
Rare Minor Firedancer: +1
Rare Minor Earthdancer: +1
Rare Minor Waterdancer: +1
Rare Minor Airdancer: +1

Elementdancer = The four listed Elements.

==Races==

All Neutral Races are compatible with Humans. Flitters can transform to a normal-sized form. All Races get access to the same magic. Yes, Dragons are few in number but powerful. Maybe I should instead go for just giving magic to Sylvans, Flitters, Ugrish and Centauric Tribes? Those Beneath seem scary enough without magic.

Friendly Dragons: +3
Friendly Sylvans: +3
Friendly Flitters: +3
Hostile Ugrish: -3
Hostile Centauric Tribes: -3
Hostile Those Beneath: -3

==Drawbacks==
Nearly Mortal: +20

(Perks in next post)
>>
>>48354698
Oh, I forgot to list Vampires, which should also be curable. That should balance out the Fungus.

==Perks==
Genius 3: 10
Memory of The Ages 1: 3
Wellspring of Harmony: 5
Reflexes & Reaction 2: 8
Impervious 3: 12
Iron Gut: 2
Beauty: 2
Book of Knowledge: 5
Book of Culture: 5
Major Blessed One: 6
Major Divination: 8
Major Master of Motion: 8
Major Binding: 8
Major Enchantment: 8
Major Elementdancer: 32
Major Illusion: 8
>>
>>48354676
thank you <3
sorry for being obtuse
>>
>>48354030
If you were to walk down your bedroom hallway you could teleport to any travel related station, such as an airport, bus station, train station, boating yard or a subway station.

Bedroom to Heathrow airport, Heathrow hallway to bullet train in Tokyo, hallway in a building in Tokyo to a bus stop in Ireland.
>>
>>48354030
And yes it's the travel easily almost anywhere option. Like your other two picks too.

>>48354728
Was me answering you here too btw.
>>
>>48354740
Heyyy Imaginos, how you doing? Health-wise? Updating-your-CYOAS-wise?
>>
>>48354698
>Say, what happens if I give Minor Magic to my race, but take Major Magic? I did the math properly (I took Major as +5 points and then the discounted Minor) but how fast would it take for me to Master a Major Magic now?
>A century?
Yeah, sounds about right, if you have no one to teach you. However, a century of "regular use" means everyday use to me, along with wandering around, which means you can be doing it for several types of magic at once. If you were to really buckle down and do nothing major except focus on mastering one specific type of magic, you could do it in a decade.

I'll consider spelling that out further, but I'm not sure going into that much detail would be a net positive for the CYOA.

And yes, that's the right way to do the math; the major is 5 points more than the minor cost, if major is undiscounted.

>Does either book come with knowledge on the locations of natural resources? That's important for teching up.
Not explicitly, meaning there is no "list of natural resource locations", though the book of knowledge will inevitably contain some references to them in terms of discoveries made. Smart-searching for such references should be easy enough.

>Those Beneath seem scary enough without magic.
True; though, limited to their "Hostile" form what you have here is definitely survivable for humanity; it will likely be a long and bloody war if you want to conquer the caverns, though.

If they were in their "Major Threat" form, on the other hand... you're supposed to be reluctant to give magic to Major Threats; that's why it reduces your balance by so much to do so.
>>
>>48354711
Nice! I think it is a cool and interesting choice not to give yourself access to any schools of magic that don't otherwise exist in the world. Also daring to make use of the Nearly Mortal drawback.
>>
>>48354765
Hi There! Eye is still messed up...specialist didn't have any appointments till 2 days from now, so still waiting to find out what the problem is and if it is fixable and how much that'll cost.

Been working a bit with Bliss on Domain Master remake and giving Kit some feedback on a cyoa he's working on. Haven't made much headway on Dream Prince due to that and being a bit burned out. Bliss/Kit feedback/suggestions is helping me get back into a creative mode though. DP dlc may end up being 3 pages instead of 2.
>>
File: Doom cyoa.png (6MB, 1312x8680px) Image search: [Google]
Doom cyoa.png
6MB, 1312x8680px
>>
File: 1.jpg (8MB, 1400x6000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8MB, 1400x6000px
>>48354865
that is one long-ass waiting list
how long have you had your eye issue now?
glad to hear you're still planning to expend Dream Prince
posting it now
>>
>>48355007
Who the hell would want to be a Prince?

t. Robespierre
>>
File: 2.jpg (7MB, 1400x6000px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
7MB, 1400x6000px
>>48355007
it's 8 pages long btw
>>
File: librarylibrary.jpg (388KB, 964x1531px) Image search: [Google]
librarylibrary.jpg
388KB, 964x1531px
>>48348577
I know Summoner is objectively the best, but which book is objectively the worst?
>>
File: 3.jpg (8MB, 1400x6000px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
8MB, 1400x6000px
>>48355041
>>
File: 4.jpg (7MB, 1400x6000px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
7MB, 1400x6000px
>>48355059
>>
>>48354965

Lv2 Heavy Weapons and Bombadier, take the grenade launcher, the light machine gun, and heavy armor.

BRING IT
>>
File: 5.jpg (7MB, 1400x6000px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
7MB, 1400x6000px
>>48355091
>>
File: 1468289772330.jpg (370KB, 1424x842px) Image search: [Google]
1468289772330.jpg
370KB, 1424x842px
>>48355054
>Summoner
>Not defiler
>>
File: 6.jpg (7MB, 1400x6000px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
7MB, 1400x6000px
>>48355115
wait no, it's 6 pages
pic related is the last one
>>
File: 97a.jpg (20KB, 325x358px) Image search: [Google]
97a.jpg
20KB, 325x358px
>>48355138
Stop, I'm on mobile. I can't get an erection in public.
>>
>>48351058
Well, A is the safest choice. So, yeah.
>>
File: ChooseOne.png (300KB, 1325x401px) Image search: [Google]
ChooseOne.png
300KB, 1325x401px
>>48355246
This is going to become strange. Enjoy.
>>
>>48355255
Oh, I posted the wrong cyoa. Sorry.
>>
>>48355255
One and four.

>>48355272
I can just take another A for some strangeness.
>>
File: CYOA 1.jpg (5MB, 2150x2797px) Image search: [Google]
CYOA 1.jpg
5MB, 2150x2797px
>>48355315
I'm sorry for ruining everything. I thought combining settings might be fun but I messed up and now I'm sad.
>>
File: CYOA 2.jpg (6MB, 2150x2600px) Image search: [Google]
CYOA 2.jpg
6MB, 2150x2600px
>>48355343
Mystery page
>>
File: 1454245887036.png (434KB, 547x591px) Image search: [Google]
1454245887036.png
434KB, 547x591px
>>48348577
>Shattered Chain
>go to space
>suffocate to death
>space no longer exists
>>
File: 1452848031170.png (19KB, 546x508px) Image search: [Google]
1452848031170.png
19KB, 546x508px
>>48355493
>Shattered Chain
>die of old age
>old age no longer exists
>>
>>48351058
>>48351149
>>48351158
>200 points from Meta.

>Type: Discrete Body; Free Companion.

>Strength (25), Genius (20), Invisibility (35), Force Field (35), Hypnotic Waves (25), Flight (30)

>Training: Close-Quarters, Marksman, Expert Mechanic, Diplomatic (30)

>Companion: Hazel Jones

>Adventures: The Buried Eagle, In The Eye of the Dreadnought
>Reward Upgrades Later Gained: Atomic Heart (25), Tools (10), Radio (5)

Aaron "Olivaw" Jackson, the Eternal Man.

Key here is that he has normal skin, and a Discrete Body, so looks totally and completely normal. Very subtle/stealth oriented, using invisibility a lot to accomplish his objectives, though certainly has the strength and skills if combat comes into play. Force Field helps make up for the lack of defensive skin, and Expert Mechanic allows self-repair when needed.

His companion, Hazel Jones, he'll slowly upgrade (along with her consent) to give her the same level of abilities he has. (aka, waifu)

Together, they'll be behind-the-scenes protectors of humanity for a very long time.
>>
>>48355524
Old age is not a cause of death. If people say "they died of old age", what they really mean is "they died of some complication I likely don't know the details of that is an inevitably byproduct of getting old"
>>
>>48354104
Level 2 Reflexes & Reaction says
>As long as you can see a gun being aimed at you, you will be able to dodge its bullets, for example. And if the gun is far enough away, even hearing the sound will be enough.
>even hearing the sound will be enough

What the actual fuck is this trying to say? Bullets in general travel faster than sound, so what the hell is this implying? That we can hear sounds that haven't happen yet?
>>
>>48351058
C)
>>
>>48353291
I built this abomination>>48351223
I made myself a bigger attention whore, and made it work, with Luchadors...I still blame my lack of sleep for that.
>>
File: german_philosopher.jpg (930KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
german_philosopher.jpg
930KB, 1024x732px
>>48355524
>>48355493
>get shot in the head
>die because of pre-established harmony. The bullet only affected your physical body, not your soul.
>monads no longer exist
>minds can't interact with the physical world anymore
>>
>>48355612
>Bullets in general travel faster than sound

Uh... the honest truth is that I had totally failed to consider that fact. I'll have to rework the wording on that somewhat. No, it does not let you hear sounds that haven't happened yet.
>>
>>48355622
Fuck off, Lebiniz, you piece of shit.
>>
>>48355621
But anon all you did was copy someone else's autistic hard work and slapped on more backstory.
>>
>>48355343
>>48355373
What the loving shit is this?
>>
>>48355759
An example of how good cyoas used to be.
>>
>>48355759
Small text.
>>
>>48355612
>>48355629
If I change the wording to this, does that satisfy, anon?

"As long as you’re aware of your surroundings, you’ll be able to dodge anything fired from more than 50 feet away, even if you aren’t directly looking at the gunman. And if you *can* see the gunman, you can dodge at any range."

It doesn't necessarily have a "purely" physical explanation, but I think that is okay; it is an expensive ability.
>>
>>48355736
True. But it still exists.
>>
>>48355768
How is this rubbish anywhere near good?
>>
>>48355794
No waifus doesn't mean it's rubbish.
>>
>>48355007
Been about a month now since the eye issue started.

>>48355024
Why wouldn't you want to be a Prince!

>>48355041
6 pages...until the dlc comes out. heh
>>
>>48355591
Heh sooo "Dies of old age" aka organ failure of some sort...organs now no longer exist. All life everywhere is destroyed..well all life that has organs.
>>
>>48355799
No waifus doesn't mean it's not rubbish. Even if someone added waifus, it would still be rubbish, since either A) the waifu options would be just as rubbish as what's currently on offer, or B) there wouldn't be any reason to choose anything other than the waifu options. It'd be better to just make a new CYOA instead.
>>
>>48354848
Well both were primarily motivated out of wanting those specific magics at a cheaper price, but I didn't want magic to become too common. Nearly Mortal is pretty bad, and thinking on it my character may very well die before 1AD.

But a lot of other drawbacks can be similarly bad too.

Maybe Tower of Babel?

The history ones suck if you want to change history and uplift mankind.

Being restricted by where you can move locks out a lot of quests.

Betrayal and Nemesis are both dangerous, and the former requires you spending points for Companions too. It'd be too immoral for me to just take two unpowered companions and to then kill them to avoid Betrayal.

Support Cast fucks with my desire to have all the magic I want.

Beastfoe is a massive pain in the ass and be seen as very bad juju to people.

Stormsage fucks with you sticking around.

I'd probably lose my mind with Temporally Lost and the rest are also pretty horrible.

Nearly Mortal makes you easier to kill but at least you can re-allocate points you would have spent on physical enhancements.
>>
>>48355866
Then explain what exactly is bad about it. All I see are 8 possible and appealing adventures with some suboptions.
>>
>>48355882
>All I see are 8 possible and appealing adventures with some suboptions.
http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=cCI18qAoKq4&start_at=4&end_at=11
>>
>>48349491
>Origin: Innate
We X-Men now.
>Appearance: Peak Human
And now I look like I came out of a comic book. Sweet.
>Faction: Renegades
Seems like the easiest group to be part of.
>Abilities:
>Strength 2
>Agility 2
>Endurance 3
>Durability 3
>Enhanced Senses 1
>Reflexes 2
>Immunity 3
>Stylish 1
>Self Healing 3
>Unarmed Mastery 1
>Mental 2
>Flight 3
>Focus 2
>Directed Energy Attack 1
>Training 3
>Overcharge 1
>Inheritable 2
>Analysis 1
>Passion 1
Just another generic superhuman.
>Perks:
>Reputation
Of a cool dude.
>Identity
Can't have people I used to know be associated with me now. Not until I can empower them.
>Expert
This should make things interesting.
>Defector
Prototype is super useful training bro.
>Charisma
Charm the pants off a nun. Charm for days, mang.
>Drawbacks:
>Hated
Eh, fuck y'all too.
>Valuable
I know my shit's fresh but this is ridiculous.
>Traitor
Big Mike – I guess someone told him I was talkin' shit like he wouldn't find out.
>Memory Loss
Maybe I'll be able to watch my favorite movies for the first time again.
>Allies:
>Lindsey Reyes
waifu
>Max
Dogbro, I used to have a dog named Max IRL. ;_;
>Yuito Kataoka
Doctor, doctor, gimme the news. I got a bad case of… dealing with shithead super-powered beings.
>The Prototype
What better way to train to eternally higher levels than to regularly pit myself against something I'm not actually supposed to be able to beat? Also great combat partner.
>Foes:
>Big Mike
Another training opportunity. He punches me, it hurts, as I fall back to the ground over 10 minutes, I heal. Rinse and repeat.
>Corrine Devoe
Goddamn wizards, no sense of right and wrong.
>Bubbles
Destroy humanity? Not on my watch.
>Isabelle Hart
Goddamn cyborgs, takin' our jobs, assimilatin' our people.

So with Mental 3, Expert, and Yuito Kataoka, I might actually be able to figure out how to shorten the time it takes to level up my abilities. Decades is a long time, if I can get it down to a single decade, I'd be thrilled.
>>
>>48355776
A few questions:

How does heat work inside the pocket dimension?
If I use my chrono-computer, will the room get hotter and hotter until everything melts, or is the temperature fixed?

How do I get rid of things created by the pocket dimension, like water from the pitchers or halt-eaten food from the pantry?
Can I stuff things down the latrine?

If the hardware from the chrono-computer is "eternally perfect", can I overclock everything to a bazzilion gigohertz without frying it? Can I disassemble it to get unbreakable screws and wire? Making it auto-repair all damage like the omni-weapon seems better, but why isn't the whole pocket-dimension like this?
Without the relevant option, is every game removed from the chrono-Internet, or can I download the free ones?

Refrigeration and Floors seem a bit overpriced.
You can build a fridge from two clay pots, some sand and water, weave your own carpet in a few weeks and use the 3 points for something impossible to get otherwise.
>>
>>48355938
Contrary to what some neckbeard might believe, making a Monty Python reference is not always the correct response in a social situation. It is often irrelevant, and under most situation, unfunny.
>>
>>48355955
I just did this>>48351223
Munchkinism 2.0
>>
>>48355862
But organs didn't kill him. Organ failure did.
So the concept of organ failure is erased from existence.
And now anything more complicated than a bacterium is biologically immortal.
Everyone and everything becomes a 'milkshake zombie'.

So it'd be a lot like this:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-910
>>
>>48355768
I'll bite.
Why is it good?
Why are current cyoas bad?
What makes a cyoa good?
What was the recent cyoa you found to be good?
What are you doing to increase the amount of "good" cyoas being made?
>>
>>48355976
Can I get nerve-gased through the world windows?

>those outside cannot the pocket dimension at all.
Did you some words?

Does the dimension have an actual entrance door, or can I appear in the middle of the room and teleport out from anywhere?
>>
>>48356000
Regardless, I feel it explains the situation well enough: You see a good CYOA (Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog), whereas I (and the other guy or guys that started the reply chain with their complaints) see rubbish (an ordinary rabbit).

Unlike in the referenced scene, I highly doubt there will be any revelation on behalf of the latter party (i.e. it will remain rubbish to us).
>>
>>48355768
It isn't a rather recent CYOA? How long have I been here.
>>
>>48355869
>It'd be too immoral for me to just take two unpowered companions and to then kill them to avoid Betrayal.
That wouldn't work anyway, if you read the description fully.

Anyway, keep in mind that if you can complete a quest your drawbacks disappear. For example, if you take The Slow Pace of History, but then complete Sorcerer Supreme quest, then The Slow Pace of History no longer applies. For one of my own builds, I plan to take Stormbringer, and be a wandering teacher until completing that quest, for example

In any case, I'm always considering new possibilities for drawbacks.
>>
>>48355976
>A few questions:
>How does heat work inside the pocket dimension?
>If I use my chrono-computer, will the room get hotter and hotter until everything melts, or is the temperature fixed?
You can consider yourself to have full control over the temperature in your pocket dimension. It's not a detail I thought worth adding.

>How do I get rid of things created by the pocket dimension, like water from the pitchers or halt-eaten food from the pantry?
>Can I stuff things down the latrine?
Sure; maybe I'll add a line about a "garbage can" or something.

>If the hardware from the chrono-computer is "eternally perfect", can I overclock everything to a bazzilion gigohertz without frying it? Can I disassemble it to get unbreakable screws and wire?
No, and no. I take "eternally perfect" to mean "the very peak of manufacturing perfection as humans were able to make it".

>Making it auto-repair all damage like the omni-weapon seems better, but why isn't the whole pocket-dimension like this?
Self-repairing is a good idea; I'll consider that. Is that what you mean by "like this"?

>Without the relevant option, is every game removed from the chrono-Internet, or can I download the free ones?
You can download any game you could get for free off the internet, sure, but torrenting doesn't work.

>Refrigeration and Floors seem a bit overpriced.
>You can build a fridge from two clay pots, some sand and water, weave your own carpet in a few weeks and use the 3 points for something impossible to get otherwise.
Yeah; considering making some pocket dimension upgrades cheaper.

>>48356133
World windows only let in pleasant things, we'll say. It's wishy-washy magic.

Thanks for catching the missing words; will fix.

Whether the entrance is a portal or a tangible door is up to you, but you don't just "appear"; you pass through something.
>>
>>48356191
Couple years back, I reckon. Maybe 2 or 3.
>>
>>48356104
Anon its not about good or bad cyoas, because good and bad are subjective terms.

The community and userbase just got extremely shitty. If it isn't angelanon, SDA, their white knights or haters causing a shitstorm its some namefag/attention whore with unwarranted self-importance refusing to adapt to 4chan's anonymous culture or even understand the mentality of its posters.
>>
>>48356388
jesus christ just go die quietly in a corner somewhere if you hate it all so much
>>
>>48356224
>you could get for free off the internet, sure, but torrenting doesn't work
Almost all games available through torrents are also available through warez, usenet and a variety of other means. Just saying.

Good job responding to your players so far.
>>
>>48356412
I am dying quietly anon, its just takes awhile.
>>
>>48356224
>Self-repairing is a good idea; I'll consider that. Is that what you mean by "like this"?
I meant having the whole pocket dimension repair itself.
The self-cleaning part prevents most normal damage from occurring, but you WILL accidentally break at least once in a couple millennia.

>Yeah; considering making some pocket dimension upgrades cheaper.
Maybe you could merge some of the options together? For instance, make Furnishing include Floors while still costing 2p.

>You can download any game you could get for free off the internet, sure, but torrenting doesn't work.
You could write the whole Internet part as "Comes with access to a copy of every public website that is legal and not behind a paywall.". That means no torrenting, but also no limeware, emule, streaming or whatever weird things people use to get their animu.
>>
File: 1400450889844.jpg (354KB, 2400x925px) Image search: [Google]
1400450889844.jpg
354KB, 2400x925px
Only pussies choose to become monsters.
>>
>>48356431
something about this site and cancer it seems
>>
File: 1400450261613.jpg (2MB, 2400x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1400450261613.jpg
2MB, 2400x3950px
>>48356462
>>
>>48356388
>An example of how good cyoas used to be.
>why is it good?
I think my question is fair.
Now, all of a sudden, you're complaining about the people, when before you complained about the content. That wasn't your original complaint, which was what I asked for.
>>
File: 1400450360227.jpg (2MB, 2400x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1400450360227.jpg
2MB, 2400x3950px
>>48356476
>>
File: 1400450438864.jpg (2MB, 2400x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1400450438864.jpg
2MB, 2400x3950px
>>48356492
>>
>>48356479
Different person anon.
>>
File: 1400450512772.jpg (2MB, 2400x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1400450512772.jpg
2MB, 2400x3950px
>>48356505
>>
File: 1400450603549.jpg (2MB, 2400x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1400450603549.jpg
2MB, 2400x3950px
>>48356522
>>
File: 1400450675303.jpg (2MB, 2400x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1400450675303.jpg
2MB, 2400x3950px
>>48356533
>>
File: 1400450747169.jpg (2MB, 2400x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1400450747169.jpg
2MB, 2400x3950px
>>48356542
>>
>>48356459
>I meant having the whole pocket dimension repair itself.
I've actually been thinking about it working like that all along, but thanks for pointing out that I didn't actually *say* so. I will correct it.

>Maybe you could merge some of the options together? For instance, make Furnishing include Floors while still costing 2p.
Not a bad idea.

>You could write the whole Internet part as "Comes with access to a copy of every public website that is legal and not behind a paywall.". That means no torrenting, but also no limeware, emule, streaming or whatever weird things people use to get their animu.
Good suggestion; will consider
>>
File: 1400450820181.jpg (2MB, 2400x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1400450820181.jpg
2MB, 2400x3950px
>>48356555
Randomizer: http://monster-girls.125mb.com/
>>
>>48356513
then you are you answering questions asked to one guy, and dismiss them all by saying
>it's the community!!!
But fine, I'll just ask you ,specifically, a question:
What do you want to change, and how?
>>
>>48356628
You sound like you have a enormous stick stuck in your ass.
>>
>>48356462
>>48356476
>>48356492
>>48356505
>>48356522
>>48356533
>>48356542
>>48356555
>>48356572
I've always wondered why they aren't split into tiers, and allowing groups of low tier monstersor a single high tier monster., I mean, I'm sure nobody expects an Ant girl to fight off a Wyvern.
>>
>>48356628
>What do you want to change, and how?

Not the same Anon,
But my dream is that Waifu / Lewd CYOAs get split off from the CYOA General.
This would be the best thing to happen since Jumpchain CYOA left.
>>
>>48356698
>Lewd CYOAs get split off
We tried that. The thread was deleted.
>>
>>48356628
What are you hoping to achieve by asking these questions?
>>
>>48356426
Thanks. Am considering how to word the internet thing less ambiguously.
>>
>>48356744

So call it Romance CYOA General
LEWD can just be implied
>>
>>48356774
something beyond
>wah wah wah i dont like how thing is fix thing
>>48356698
what do you think will happen next?
>>
>>48356698
You might not find much luck. I dunno the rules on separating threads, but I do know that Jumpchain, Towergirl, and the Magical Girl CYOA threads are all focused on one CYOA iirc. I'm not sure you can make a thread with such a broad subject like Waifu/Lewd CYOA's.
>>
>>48356200
You could go with some minor drawbacks that parallel the perks. Like Ugly. Maybe points to have a 0 point enhancement removed, and more for say, being short of breath instead of Endurance.
>>
>>48349582

Does taking defector still mean you can only have 2 allies?
>>
>>48356831
>what do you think will happen next?

The requests for what kind of CYOAs people want will be narrowed down, and the authors will not have to please the interests of this vocal majority (minority?)

Shape the community to shape the kind of content that gets created.
>>
>>48356876

No
Choose 2 Allies is all that is the only written rule.
It doesn't state, or really even imply, that you can only have 2 allies.
>>
>>48356831
Do you realize that, a myriad number of people are browsing and posting in different timezones and in different countries right? Or the fact that there is absolutely no accountability for whatever we do on here that doesn't break any of the board or global rules?

The most logical solution is to close the thread do something else and come back to it at a later time.

If the thread becomes engulfed by a shitstorm there is nothing you can do about it but to wait it out. There is actually no consequence or serious repercussion for being a shitty person on an anonymous image board, no matter how hard you to try enforce some resemblance of civility and order.

Just let it go.
>>
>>48356890
I'll have to disagree. I'd think some authors would leave for the lewd thread because it's so easy to make, and people post their choices
you'll say "good riddance! They'd have made shit anyway!"
>Shape the community to shape the kind of content that gets created.
there's something very wrong with this sentence, but I can't put my finger on it. Something about how you want all the content you don't like removed?
>>
>>48356843
>I'm not sure you can make a thread with such a broad subject like Waifu/Lewd CYOA's

What board/4chan rule would that violate?
Just don't call it a general, call it Romantic CYOAs Discussion & Brainstorming
Or something shorter/simpler
I kind of suck at naming things
>>
>>48356988
>you'll say "good riddance! They'd have made shit anyway!"
>you want all the content you don't like removed

Not in the slightest. I imagine that a lot of people will follow both, and a lot of authors will create content for both.
Do you think Jumpchain people don't visit this thread?
The problem I am trying to fix isn't to exclude Romantic CYOAs, I like them myself once in a while.
But they are distinct Niche Genres, with an overlapping fanbase, but different demands.
>>
>>48356869
Small drawbacks is a good idea in general. That specific suggestion probably isn't going to work well; it would require too many conditions and "what ifs" in combination with things like the abilties purchased for Descendants, Humanity (if using the DLC), what happens if you become a vampire, etc.
>>
>>48357011
It violates global rule 5 and to some extent to global rule 3.

The only place waifu/lewd cyoas is accepted in is /trash/.
>>
>>48356462
>3.0
m8
>3.1
>>
>>48357120

But having them here doesn't?
>>
>>48357110
I have like a dozen build ideas but can't finish any of them. wat do?
>>
>>48357146
It just takes the mods/janitors longer to sieve through these threads to find the overtly lewd posts.

Sometimes they just don't bother unless people actively report such posts.

>>48357218
Keep them to yourself and don't finish them.
>>
>>48356555
What is the appeal of the Skeleton Revenant?
>>
File: 1466507332266.png (3MB, 1300x4300px) Image search: [Google]
1466507332266.png
3MB, 1300x4300px
>>48357103
>But they are distinct Niche Genres, with an overlapping fanbase, but different demands.
sure
>calling fetish/waifu cyoas "romance"
that is far from the truth brother
>>
>>48357218
Well, I'll be releasing a small update based on copious feedback and suggestions I've gotten today and yesterday, in the next several hours. That may jog some ideas.
>>
>>48356793
>>48356224
Honestly you should just make the whole Pocket Dimension thing less nickle-and-dimey in general. A flat cost basic version and an upgraded premium version with all your 21st century comforts. No paying for a computer with 7 different sub options, it's all included in the upgraded pocket.

Yeah the whole thing would be cheaper, but why shouldn't it be? More points left over means more points to dedicate to the CYOA's real purpose.
>>
>>48357283
Yeah the normal and premium version sounds like a good idea to simplify things. Not acheld btw just my unsolicited two cents.
>>
>>48357138

Can I get a changelog or something
>>
>>48356936
All descriptions of the monsters describing you and your ally say "partner" as in the singular. But no one cares about rules anymore, so fuck it.

>>48357103
As for removing waifu and lewd CYOAs, who cares? If you want to start seeing content that isn't revolved around that, be the change you want to see and make good CYOAs that aren't that genre. Bitching and getting shit exiled from the general when they aren't anywhere near as bad as Jumpchain and all the others makes you look like a baby.
>>
>>48357374
nope
>>
>>48357423

Well then, can you tell me what's so different in 3.1?
>>
File: 1391980925787.png (1MB, 3040x1988px) Image search: [Google]
1391980925787.png
1MB, 3040x1988px
>>
>>48357260
being stepped on by an amazon is a man's romance.
>>
File: 4ea87f231e3f1112.jpg (31KB, 671x408px) Image search: [Google]
4ea87f231e3f1112.jpg
31KB, 671x408px
>>48348577
Tell this doggo about your WIP without using the words "waifu" "fantasy" and "monstergirls", and he will curse your dad (or your worst enemy if your dad's dead) with morbid obesity.

Don't bully the evil doggo.
>>
>>48357391
>Bitching and getting shit exiled

Did you hear me bitch about it?

Anon asked a question about what I would want:
>>48356628
>What do you want to change, and how?

I answered, what I wished would happen, explaining why I feel that way.

Basic wish fulfillment daydreaming, like most of these CYOAs.
>>
>>48357481
Fat doggo is fat.

I bet he can't even get off the floor.
>>
>>48357443
nope
>>
>>48357271
>small update
Nice. Main cyoa or dlc? or... dare I hope... both?
>>
>>48357481
>curse your dad

Why would I want that?
Do you have Daddy issues?
>>
>>48357507

Maybe you can give me some sort of hint?
>>
>>48354104

I like the look of this. I'm thinking I'll go to Heliopolis in 2650 BC. Make myself a respected society woman, marry a promising young civil servant named Imhotep. Legendary engineer, architect, medic, priest; he's the earliest man in history I think I could work with to establish a more advanced technology early on.

I'll make him a companion and grant him the same immortality I get; they say his tomb has never been found. We'll disappear from public view and steer the Egyptian nation from behind the scenes. Eventually we'll pour out libations to Ra on the morning we first watch the Sun rise over the Sea of Tranquillity.
>>
>>48357498
It's animal abuse
>>
>>48357528
well, it's in a pdf
first page (0) is also updated
>>
>>48357565

Eh, sounds like too much work.
>>
File: killdadpls.png (1MB, 1455x1392px) Image search: [Google]
killdadpls.png
1MB, 1455x1392px
>>48357525
Because dads are stupid.
>>
>>48357283
Speak of the devil, I just finished typing in a "Luxury Pack" combo option.

>>48357328
Thanks. And you don't need to say you're not me; I assure you I'll always have my name there, especially when talking about this CYOA in any way.

>>48357523
Probably both; changes to DLC are pretty much just clarity of language since last update, though.

>>48357533
Sounds cool; would recommend waiting a couple hours for next version if you're going to get into the nitty-gritty of the build. I've received a lot of fresh ideas very recently that I'm working on incorporating now.
>>
>>48357481
people who overfeed or otherwise harm their pets should be publicly castrated.
scum of the earth.
It doesn't have waifus or monstergirls.
>>
>>48357604
>Speak of the devil
Wrong idiom; I'm an idiot.
>>
>>48357493
Bitch, complain, they've been interchangeable around here. Still doesn't change the main part of what I said: create some good non-waifu/non-lewd CYOA, and people will talk more about that than any other waifu or lewd CYOA.

Besides, every CYOA involving those things has a mayfly's lifespan. They burst in interest for a day or three, then never gain that traction again. Moving them would only create a dead general for them.
>>
>>48357595
>no anime with no dads in it where gfs like you alot option

Needs a Venn Diagram version.
>>
File: fitness-dog-smiling_h.jpg (382KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
fitness-dog-smiling_h.jpg
382KB, 1200x675px
>>48357481
Tell this doggo about your WIP cyoa and he will make the evil doggo /fit/ and punish the owner who made him fat in the first place.
>>
File: Wendy-the-Muscle-Whippet1.jpg (68KB, 618x436px) Image search: [Google]
Wendy-the-Muscle-Whippet1.jpg
68KB, 618x436px
>>48357704
Weak.
>>
>>48357676
I want a cool dark war *against* the dads, myself.
>>
File: Dvh9Mh.png (3MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Dvh9Mh.png
3MB, 1920x2160px
>>48348577
I stole this from Voat. Yes, it still exists.
>>
>>48350129
>Beastman: Animal Friends
>Replacement
>Media: Phone Number
>Cult
>Illusion
>Pursuit
>Magical Defense
>Refuge
>Strength
>Vanishing
Go full Hotline Miami and use my cult to spread the phone number that summons me.
>>
>>48357753
Forgot
>Nocturnal
>Hunter
>>
>>48357741
Waifu
>>
>>48357704

I am gathering information to make a detailed historical Age of Sail Fleet CYOA

I am talking about Stardust level detailed, choosing what type of Rigging Plan you wan't to put on your 2nd rate, or if it is worth the points to make it copper-bottomed, or if you should spend your tonnage to put carronades or chase guns on the top deck when it will make your ship more top heavy.

I haven't worked on it much because I imagine that the fan base for that would be vanishingly small.

>>48357617
>create some good non-waifu/non-lewd CYOA
Can't promise it will be any good.
>>
>>48357606
and it doesn't use anime images, so it'll be a bitch.
>>
>>48357446
>The "Maiden"
Kek
>>
>>48357813
But what's it about?
>>
>>48357741
>I stole this from Voat.
It's been here before. Was possibly made here, even.
>>
>>48357446
This cyoa is crap. CRAP!
>>
>>48357741
I'm fairly certain that this was posted on here ages ago. Can't say if it was a 4chan creation or not, though.

>>48357800
Mistakes are unavoidable, and you will trip in some parts. Use what went wrong to improve your work, and I guarantee that someone will like it.
>>
>>48357844
Then does that mean I stole it back from the thieves who stole it from our super secret special club house? Do I get a reward?
>>
>>48357861
>Then does that mean...
No. Digital information and copying and all that.
>>
>>48357861
You get this.
>>
>>48357829
A fantasy cyoa that doesn't have waifus or monstergirls.
>>
File: m4zxnX.jpg (183KB, 1302x969px) Image search: [Google]
m4zxnX.jpg
183KB, 1302x969px
>>48348577
You can only learn one of these ancient jutsus. Choose wisely.
>>
>>48357848
Why? It's a primitive example of the now popular "become a girl" genre I remember when it was first posted and everyone raged at the thought of turning into a woman. How times change..
>>
File: 1375177735922.jpg (180KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1375177735922.jpg
180KB, 800x1143px
>>48358018
No female companions?
>>
>>48358044
Every single option is crap. Witch Queen would be invaded and murdered in a heartbeat. Crone is old, ugly and a cannibal. The Mother is a /d/ breeding machine. The Maiden is a slut and bound to get staked because she's way too high-profile to hide eternal youth. The "Maiden" risks memory death.
>>
>>48358056
That androgynous elf could be male or female though.
>>
>>48358056
Even better, anon: No companions.
I know right, is such a thing even possible?
>>
>>48357604

Would hostile species fight each other in your cyoa?
>>
>>48358178
I'll just make you my companion then. You can't stop me!
>>
>>48358044
Nowadays, turning into a woman isn't enough. It has to be part of a perfect wish fulfillment experience.
>>
>>48355768
>An example of how good cyoas used to be.

Uh, that's not a good one. It suffers from writer diarrhea, a font that's a bit hard to read due to walls of text, and seriously needs an editor to clean up the writing.

I could also say it's not very visually appealing, but that's nitpicking.

Anons don't tend to like walls of text, and too much of the pros/cons of each option are buried in a wandering, bloated narrative. Hardly a good one, it's just...meh.
>>
>>48358206
Does anyone really want to turn into a woman? Why would you even want to be a walking roastbeef dispenser?
>>
>>48358222
Ask /r9k/.
>>
>>48358221
>he calls them walls of text
>>
>>48358268
The Great Wall of China exist, and we still call other things "walls". Go figure.
>>
>>48358292
I think it's sad that a few hundred words is considered a wall of text.

Maybe these concise cyoas are more to your liking:
>>48358032
>>48357595
>>
>>48358183
By default, they won't fight each other to the extent that it would reduce their threat level to you, no more than skirmishes or small border wars. BUT, it's certainly possible for a canny individual to turn them against each other further.
>>
>>48358328
>Maybe these concise cyoas are more to your liking:
I'm not the one that complained about there being too much text (heck, I may have overdid it a bit in my CYOA), just noting that even if you have an example of something to which all other such things pale in comparison, it doesn't remove the others from the same general category.
>>
>>48358190
That would be possible, actually, if you pick a certain option.
>>
>>48357800
>Age of Sail Fleet CYOA
Sounds interesting.
>>
>>48358222
>he doesn't want to take a fat, meaty cock right in her vagina, feeling it against the walls
>he doesn't want to wake up, put on nothing but an apron and make breakfast, then get slapped on the bum while you're cooking and get bent over the table while the eggs are overcooked

I need help
>>
>>48358268
The problem is that it's physically impossible to use this pile of shit. I don't think ever since it was first posted anyone has actually posted a finished Alice. Human beings may die of old age before they're done answering all those questions.

Theory: Alice Anon is an immortal being who doesn't fully understand human motivations, and has created this game in imitation of the CYOAs played by members of his own race.
>>
>>48357283
>implying the pocket dimension can't be used for "the CYOA's real purpose"
>not filling yours with surveillance windows and machines running in dilated time
>not using the running water to produce energy for the machines
>>
>>48358459
You don't need to be a woman for that.
>>
>>48358462
>I don't think ever since it was first posted anyone has actually posted a finished Alice.
I did. Spent like seven posts on it. Some dude told me to stop on post IIRC 3, then two hours later another dude told me to continue.
I got a Lamia. She forgot to mention that on the dating site. It was a mess navigating clothes stores with her.
>>
>>48358534
But if he did it as a man, he'd be gay!
>>
>>48358543
You're a better man than I, Gunga Din.
>>
>>48358534
>her
>vagina
kinda do need to be a girl for those. Also I'm not gay, so.
>>
>>48358524
Hah; I love the creativity.

Anyway, updates are nearly done; should definitely be ready by the time the next thread starts, if not sooner.
>>
>>48358588
>Wants to be a woman fucked by men
>Not gay
>>
>>48358751
Well, depends which level of detail you're operating on. Technically it's something like autogynosexual, right?
>>
>>48358765
And now you have become tumblr
>>
>>48358751
>heterosexuality is gay
wow
>>
>>48358588
I wouldn't worry so much about labels when it comes to fantasies that are never going to happen, anon. In my mind, broader fantasies just means more ways to enjoy yourself without being bored.

Now, if you dress up like a woman and actually have some guy ream you over a kitchen table, then it's time to worry about labels.
>>
>>48358765
That is not a real word.
>>
>>48358793
If you're a man and you want to fuck men, even in a fantasy where you are a woman, you are gay.
>>
>>48358765
>Technically it's something like autogynosexual, right?
Wouldn't that be sexual attraction to oneself as a woman (since autogynephilia is fetish for becoming a woman or somesuch)?
>>
>>48358835
It might reasonably be interpreted as sexual arousal at the idea of being a woman.
>>
>>48358765
wat?
>>48358819
I don't want to fuck men though, anon. I get that you'd like me to be gay with you put please, control yourself.
>>
Changelog 1.6
> Point Changes
* 120 points base to start
* Can gain up to 30 points from drawbacks to spend on anything. Note that this is down from 40, but it is *not* a nerf, because with the 10 point

increase in base points, you can get to the same 150 points with fewer drawbacks.
* Can gain up to an *additional* 30 points in drawbacks (so up to 180 points total), except that these additional 30 points can ONLY be spent on Company,

Items and Pocket Dimension purchases. The reason I did it this way is that, frankly, if all you're doing is purchasing things to make yourself into a

lonely, living god, then 150 points is plenty to get everything that you really need, along with giving you a hard decision between several things that

you *want*. On the other hand, if you also want to bring along family and friends, or empower descendants, then points become stretched *really* thin.

So, this is to give you a way to rectify that.

> New Options
* New Minor Gift: "Of Indeterminate Age", a poor man's shapeshifting.
* New Drawback: "Shared World" +20
* New Item: Sanitary Pack
* New Item: Personal Omni-Wear
* Unique Rewards added for all quests part of the main CYOA.

> Alterations
* Allow up to 7 points to be spent on Extended Lifespan for Great Descendants; enough to reach present day from 10,000 BC. More if combined with

'Extended Lifespan' for all descendants.
* Minor Unique Rewards from Quests, but not regular ones, can now be earned past the "time limit". Except for Historian and Technophobe, because that

doesn't make sense for them.
* Removed species restriction on imported companions. They must now either be the same species as you choose, or whatever species they were before you

imported them. Have fun with your... lamias, or whatever.
* Wanderer's Journal reduced to 3 points.

> Clarifications
* Clarified language for Inheritable abilities.
* Rewording of Reflexes & Reaction 2, since bullets travel faster than sound in many cases.

(1/2)
>>
>>48358933

Shit, sorry for the messed up formatting above.

1.6 Changelog continued
> Pocked Dimension Changes / Clarifications
* Garbage disposal, temperature control, Drinking Water free, initial blurb added several clarifications.
* All items replicable and self-repairing
* Running Water, Toiletries cheaper.
* Furnishings expanded to include lightning fixtures, and combined with carpeting/wallpaper.
* Pantry & Refrigeration combined, includes cooking equipment
* Running water includes laundry machines if needed
* Luxury Pack is a discounted combo.
* Chrono-Computer elaborated. New "Restricted Information" discount added.
>>
>>48358819
Actually that could also mean you're autogynefillic (i.e have a fetish for imagining oneself as female and having sex in that form.) If you're autogynephillic, you're still straight. The issue is that you wish to be the female in the male + female equation. The difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals is whether or not the equation is M + M/F + F or F + M.

Autogynephillics don't necessarily want to have sex with men, they want to be/pretend to be women during sex.
>>
>>48358946
Changelog 0.9.2
>Magic System. Emphasize: No changes in costs since last version.
* Discounts for your purchase of magic for yourself now spelled out in hard numbers.
* Reworded magic section to remove the use of "level" entirely, because it was needlessly confusing, as evidenced by an unfortunate altercation between an anon and I. No actual changes in function.
* Added (completely optional) extras 'Insanity' and 'Magic-Born' customization options to magic.

>Other
* New "Periodic Elementalism" feature adds fantastical materials to world
* Under "Soulless", may optionally add magics that return a vampire's soul to the world.
* Added note that if you play as a Piskel, you can automatically breathe water, but can't breathe air unless you get Endurance

Also added more things to the "possible additions" list at the end. If you see something there you would really like to see added, let me know; if more anons express interest in a particular thing, I'm more likely to actually get around to it.
>>
>>48358933
Unique rewards are gotten when you complete a quest you haven't taken, right?
>>
>>48358977
You get the unique reward for any and all quests you complete, including your "primary" two quests. The main reward is limited to the primary two, however.
>>
>>48358956
>you're still straight
thanks senpai, all I needed to hear.
>The issue is that you wish to be the female in the male + female equation
yes
>>
>>48358988
>>48358988
I was thinking about the God Emperor quest, would it be possible for you to change it such that it kicks in after 5-10 thousand years of worship/belief that you are divine? For example, what if one was considering going pretty far back and waiting til 2016 seems like a bit much.
>>
>>48359052
Any quests besides Historian and Technophobe can be completed early, as soon as all conditions are met. There's a blurb about that in the beginning, but I'll see if I can make the wording clearer.
>>
>>48359083
I'm struggling to understand why you care about labels like 'gay', 'straight' or anything like that. Honestly you may well have more in common with the transexuals or genderqueer than any other group. Not, again, that it matters since 'I'm basically trans when I'm horny and sometimes, rarely, when I'm not' is hard for many to get their heads around. It's your business, ultimately; do you think the approval of others would change your true feelings/self?
>>
>>48359129
>do you think the approval of others would change your true feelings/self?

Humans are social creatures, how others interact with us defines us. Only major parts of the brain not working right [for example sociopaths] can make you immune to the disapproval of others.
>>
>>48359129
>why you care about labels
because there's nothing attractive about men fucking.
>genderqueer
what?
>do you think the approval of others would change your true feelings/self?
I don't understand what you're saying. What I want is in-achievable. What you call it doesn't matter since it can't happen.
>you're trans
but I don't want to be a girl. I don't hate my penis.
I want to be a girl with a boyfriend. Not the exact same thing.
>>
>>48359228
>I don't want to be a girl
>I want to be a girl
Transsexuals are insane, more news at 9.
>>
>>48359228
>genderqueer
It's just another label. Ignore it if you like or look it up if you have any interest in learning about the people that wear it. It's not important either way, really.

>I don't understand what you're saying.

What I'm saying is that even if everyone told you were a bad person for having those feelings, you wouldn't stop having them. More, if just one person told you that those desires were reasonable, it's likely you'd latch on and accept that as truth. At that point, in my opinion, you should just cut out the middleman and accept yourself without enslaving yourself to fickle things like the opinions of others. At least not too much.
>>
>>48358933

Why is the Chrono-Computer capable of magical feats such as self-replicating for companions and removing all ads from the internet, yet it is thwarted by pay walls and the legality of websites? If I can't access somethingawful's archives, what is this all for?
>>
>>48359295
>you should just cut out the middleman and accept yourself without enslaving yourself to fickle things like the opinions of others
but I already have.
>>
>>48359295

4chan is proof positive that peoples sexualities are malleable things.
Look at how people gain fetishes to the point that what excited them just a while ago no longer gets them hard.

The fact that most people who shame you for having a particular sexuality are too stupid to know how to influence your sexual development doesn't mean it isn't possible.
>>
>>48359360
This is true but imo I think the other anon's issue is less sexuality and more gender identity(GI). Moreover while sexuality is quite malleable, I don't think GI necessarily shares said trait to the same degree.
>>
>>48359322
Such a quibble. But, fine, I'll tweak it a bit.

The only point of that phrase is to prevent making the options to buy games, or to buy media, redundant. Perhaps I'll just change it to reflect that fact. "You can access any material except paid material that is provided by the add-on options". Would that be satisfactory?
>>
>>48358933
Love the update!
Not having to use your own precious points for companions feels great!

The only problems I have are:
-Not being able to disassemble the computers tingles my autism. I like being able to swap hard drives. But oh well, after a few years I'll probably get used to it. And I'm probably the only one bothered by that.
-Full control of the temperature is overpowered. I was wondering how to make a blast furnace inside the pocket dimension without a proper way to get rid of the fumes. Now I just need to set the room thermostat to 1600°C.
>>
>>48359396
>gender identity
what?
one anon bullies me because I've never had a crush on anyone. I don't know if that is in any way relevant
>>
>>48359322
The alien who brought you back to the past and gave you nanorobots don't want to infringe copyrights.
Don't duplicate the computer too many times, they pay the Windows licence.
>>
File: Waifu CYOAs.jpg (320KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu CYOAs.jpg
320KB, 600x900px
>>48359360
Pretty much.
I remember when the mere suggestion of homosexuality made me feel shocked and disgusted.
Today I need good violent trap/futa mindbreak rape to get off...
Fuck you, moot.
Fuck you.
>>
>>48359409
Are you going to add unique rewards to the DLC quests as well?
>>
>>48359409

Or you could alter the option that gives you access to movies/music/games so that you also gain access to the rest of the internet (up to the point in time it was frozen, of course). No need to overcomplicate things.
>>
>>48359444
What's that from? Looks interesting.
>>
>>48359529
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/
>>
>>48359322
>>48359443
How about "the only restriction on this internet access is that you cannot use it to access monetized material that is provided by the add-ons below, such as for pay games, or movies"?

>>48359411
I don't understand why the hard drive swapping, to be honest. What is the goal of doing so for a perfect machine? I'm not dismissing it, just trying to understand.

Good point on the temperature; I'll throw in a "between X and Y temperature"; easy enough.

>>48359468
I'm not sure. The problem is that a lot of those have very specific requirements, like having Those Beneath as a Major Threat. I don't want players to feel like they have to add very specific elements to their world in order to get a special reward.
>>
>>48359514
That might actually be a better idea in terms of simplicity; I'll play around with it and see which looks better; thanks.
>>
>>48359592
>The problem is that a lot of those have very specific requirements, like having Those Beneath as a Major Threat. I don't want players to feel like they have to add very specific elements to their world in order to get a special reward.

That's no different, imo, from the other Quests. One of them requires that you include an empire so powerful it lasts for 3, full, thousand years. This is going to take up a non-trivial amount of time for the hypothetical player. Not to mention that the quests are optional.
>>
>>48359634
It is a bit different, though, I think. Because it's not that they have specific requirements to complete, but that they require you put specific fantastical elements in your world.

I don't want to see *every* anon choose Those Beneath as a Major Threat *because* they want the reward, for example.

It limits the broadness and creativity of worlds. I'm not saying I definitely won't do it, I'm saying I think this is a problem that I'm trying to think of a solution for.
>>
>>48359718
I think that would be very interesting. Imagine a specific quest has a unique reward you want but you have no interest in including that quest's requirements, like vampires. Now anon has to decide which is more important to him: have the world he wanted or get that unique reward but "pollute" his desired world in the process. It would be a tough choice to make because you can't have everything.
>>
>>48359836
Upon thinking over it for a few minutes, I'm leaning toward something more like that each fantasy quest gives a unique reward, but you can't get more than one of those unique rewards (among the fantastical options). The dragon quest and the vampire quest are pretty much there already. Plus, all but the Cosmopolitan World / The Frontier Beneath The Earth combo are thematically incompatible anyway.
>>
>>48359979
>Cosmopolitan World / The Frontier Beneath The Earth
Because one is near-perfect peace among all races, and the other is the brutal destruction of another species while actively preventing them from forming any sort of society; likely to result in a gen/xen-ocide sooner or later. For those wondering.
>>
New thread: >>48360045

I'll repost my stuff, anons, so no need to do so; thanks.
>>
>>48357481
I am making a CYOA about creepy alien girlfriends.
>>
>>48358956
No, just because there's a fetish term for it doesn't mean anon isn't gay.
>>
>>48359360
It's more that being on a depraved internet site makes people let down their barriers and accept what they're into. It doesn't change anything about you, you just are more open about it.
>>
>>48360677
>sex between a man and a woman is gay
I've seen it all
>>
>>48360841
Wanting to be a woman as a man and have sex with men is gay.
>>
>>48358584
chuckle...I love these references, sadly most probably don't get them.
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.