[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CYOA General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 71

File: Power sources cyoa.png (1MB, 1400x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Power sources cyoa.png
1MB, 1400x1900px
Resources: http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Last thread: >>48327740
>>
>>48337888
>Mad Science
>Mutation

not really a fan of "all these are available to everyone" and Psionics plainly saying mind control/reading is possible
Unless "all of these" implies to the 0-3 options I picked, and not all the six options. If the latter, we're cool.

I will figuratively suck ya dick if you post Evil cyoa. I finally have time to read it all and write/imagine my plans.
>>
>>48337888

I choose none, because every single option would make the world a worse place than it already is, and gaining a "moderate aptitude" isn't enough to stoke my selfish desires.

I mean, who wants to be in the middle of the food chain in a world filled with mind controllers, for instance? Just enough talent to catch the attention of someone with much more than "moderate aptitude", thanks fucking bunches.
>>
>>48337888
Can someone explain to me why you would play a cyoa like this where everyone is potentially empowered and you only have "moderate aptitude"?

Not saying it's necessary to be the strongest but being average is a long, long shot from that. You could barely keep yourself safe in some of those settings.
>>
File: pickasourceofpower.jpg (808KB, 2042x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pickasourceofpower.jpg
808KB, 2042x1000px
looking for a cyoa, like a detailed version of pic related, with different power sources leading to immortality
anyone know what i'm talking about?
>>
>>48337962
Because everyone else starts at shit tier, if they have anything at all. The best pick for your auto-grab is Mutation, because if you don't have a mutation you don't get one, and you're guaranteed to be hot shit if you put in the work.
>>
>>48337962

Some people turn their noses up at others that like to have power in their power fantasies. Apparently life doesn't have enough hardships for them, they need imaginary hardships too.
>>
>>48337962
Because you'll still be way up the food chain compared to the average person, who will likely have no aptitude whatsoever. For example, only geniuses can have Mad Science aptitude, and only a small number of people can have Mutation aptitude.

But yeah, there's no reason to pick more than one, and absolutely no reason to pick about half of them.
>>
>>48337888

I'll take Mad Science. Somebody is obviously going to build a Transformation Ray with it. Then we can all be the little girl as often as we like.
>>
>>48337985
I love Spirits and I really, really want nothing more than that power but each time I end up gambling on Genetics and getting fucked over. Not this time. Finally I can say it:

I PICK SPIRITS.
>>
>>48337990
I'd rather have no powers on Earth than be a B tier superhero in a superhero world.
>>
>>48337994
you sound pretty condescending for someone complaining about other people turning up their noses at you.
>>
>>48338042
can't you then just not post the cyoa?
What you're doing now, saying
>I hate it I hate it I hate it fix this so I don't hate it
over and over again is just spam, really.
Anon is right, not picking Mutation doesn't mean "you have no powers on Earth", it means "you have no powers on Earth where there are superheroes/villains"
>>
>>48338060
You have serious mental issues. The cyoa specifically states you get to decide which options apply so not picking mutation means no one will become a superhero.
>>
>>48338050

That wasn't condescending, THIS is condescending.

Maybe stick to words you understand next time you want to pick a fight.
>>
File: 1465927602205.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465927602205.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
MOAR CYOA'S, OC OR NOT, I'M NOT AS PICKY AS OC-BIRD
>>
>>48338072
>Apparently life doesn't have enough hardships for them, they need imaginary hardships too.

That was pretty patronizing.
>>
>>48338042
Well, I'd rather live in a world with superpowers and be a B-Tier Superhero than live in this current world without superpowers.
>>
>>48338072

Well. When we have the little girl ray, I think we know now who we're going to point it at first.

(I still get to go second, though.)
>>
>>48338101
>>
>>48338116
>>
>>48338103
But you do have superpowers, anon. You enchant me with those beautiful eyes of yours.
>>
>>48338042
>the potential to improve
Then don't be a B-lister. That's an official meta statement about changes to the setting, not some generic "give it your all" crap fed to B-listers in-setting. Sign up at Xavier's or something and learn how to apply yourself. You could be Omega tier that's putsing around with inefficient and stupid bullshit.
>>
>>48338116
>>48338134

Altering History 1.5 Changelog >>48327311

DLC 0.9 Changelog >>48327347

>>48335104
It's not a bad idea, honestly, I just don't think I could add it without going into a LOT of detail, and the last thing this CYOA needs is another mini-system. I haven't discarded the possibility, though.
>>
>>48338102

People with cushy lives tend to glorify hardships/adventure, people with shitty lives tend to glorify safety/power. I'm not being patronizing, if anything I'm being bitter towards people that have had life handed to them on a silver platter, coming here and raining on my parade because they want things to be HARDER.
>>
>>48337888
>Psionics
>Martial Arts
>Mutation
I'm now a telepathic superpowered magical warrior. Even with moderate aptitude, the combination of those sounds pretty awesome.
Also the other options are all too dangerous for the world at large.
>>
File: tantrum01.gif (2MB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
tantrum01.gif
2MB, 500x299px
>>48338180
What if I want hardships/adventure AND safety/power? What does that mean?

I'll give you a hint: I WANT TO BE A SECRET DRAGON AND ADVENTURE IN HUMAN FORM WITH A MISMATCH BAND OF ADVENTURERS IN A FANTASY WORLD!!! AND I WANT IT NOOOOOOWWW!!!!!!
>>
>>48338180
It's the opposite happening in this thread though, people are complaining a CYOA isn't being easy enough on them, even though it puts them in a pretty good position compared to most people.
>>
Rolled 5, 24, 24, 5, 2 = 60 (5d30)

>>48337985
hoping for the best, bracing for the worst
>>
>>48338222
You only get moderate aptitude in one of them.
>>
>>48338239
That might be the worst roll I've ever seen on that cyoa. Enjoy your double weakness to iron: instant death when near it I guess.
>>
>>48338241
Yeah no, that sucks. Homebrew it is then. I get aptitude in all of them because that's more fun.
>>
File: 794.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
794.png
99KB, 500x500px
>>48338258
No.
>>
>>48338281
Agree to disagree, my lawful neutral friend.
>>
>>48338258
>potentially available to everyone
You could just learn the other two the normal way, same as everyone else. You even get to pick out a nifty mutation to help you out.

Say, a Solar Exaltation is, technically, a form of mutation, right? It's like having an extra chunk of soul.
>>
>>48338070
now that's an exaggerated response, don't you think?
My point still stands: No one is forcing you to imagine anything.
>>
>>48337990
>>48337962
This and in the first version you didn't even get moderate aptitude. That was added after everyone raised the same kind of stink that's being raised now but far worse.
>>
>>48337985
so i rolled on random and got:

immortal
healing factor
weakness to sunlight
flight
weakness to submersion in water

i am a vampire apparently
>>
File: Mythology_Quest.jpg (3MB, 1300x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Mythology_Quest.jpg
3MB, 1300x6000px
>>
>>48337888
How does it feel knowing that no cyoa will ever have vampires as powerful as the ones in Twilight?
>>
>>48338232
>What if I want hardships/adventure AND safety/power?
That you're a collosal Mary Sue. Given the spoiler, I take it you want to go adventuring with "level 1" people while being "level 20".
You're never in actual danger, you only pretend to be, because it's fun.
You like knowing that there will never be a situation you can't win, single-handedly, to the praise of your party.
Am I right in any of this?
>>
/r/ing lewd CYOAs
>>
>>48338312
No it doesn't say you get to pick your mutation it just says you start at a moderate aptitude in your mutation and the potential to get better at whatever your mutation is.
>>
>>48338380
>>48338232
also, with how often you scream of wanting this, you really should nut up and make it yourself.
>>
>>48338404
Fine, I'll go consult the superpower wiki. I just hate doing that because it sucks. Half the articles are autistic and unneeded divisions into dumb shit like "lightning roar" or "dark water manipulation," fanwank, or didn't actually come from any series in the first place, and the 500 different pages about omnipotence.
>>
File: shotaconmage.jpg (230KB, 767x741px) Image search: [Google]
shotaconmage.jpg
230KB, 767x741px
>>48338380
You almost nailed it. I would never single-handedly solve anything though. That's for the heroes to do while I'm the clumsy mage (dragon).
>>
>>48338454
>I would never single-handedly solve anything though
and I'm not saying that you would. I'm saying you COULD.
I'm saying you love knowing that nothing could ever actually harm you, and you only pretend to be inept. I'm saying you want the thrill of adventuring, making friends with your partymembers who think you're all on the same level, without ever being challenged or afraid of dying.
My personal headcanon of your story is this charade of yours is exploited by the BBEG when he takes one of your partymembers hostage and kills them before the confrontation, and lets your partymembers know you could have saved the hostage at any moment but you refused, leading to you feeling guilt and them disgust, leaving you forever.
Yes, that's messed up on my part, but you are such a filthy Mary Sue I think it's counterbalanced.

More importantly, why aren't you making that cyoa?
It's not something I enjoy, I think it's boring, but you post about it often.
I wrote far too many words on this. I really don't like Mary Sue's.
>>
File: Fib2sWc.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>48338507
>complaining about mary sues on the mary sue wish fulfillment containment thread

Is anon a masochist?
>>
>>48338507
I dunno, if they're good friends and went on so many adventures together, I have a hard time believing that they'd abandon him over the words of the guy out to kill them/rule the world/make lunch.
>>
>>48338564
There might also be legitimate reasons for anon to reveal his true powerlevel. Gandalf comes to mind as an example. Maybe dragons can't reveal themselves either in anything but the most lethal situations where your dragon form is required to survive.
>>
>>48338522
>not hating mary sues
doesn't matter where you are, you must always hate mary sues
>>
>>48338362
This sounds... pretty hopeless. And we don't get powers at all? Seems like it would be best played with a previously created character from another CYOA or something. Anyway I'mma try to build for it. Behold!

My girls-only all-star band of annoying heroines!
>Mama Quilla
Each female member gives her a boost. Long-range blasts.
>Seshat
Glue of the party, also has useful nerd skills and first aid.
>Aife
Great melee warrior, unsufferable except when around horses.
>Epona
Offers everyone magical horses! Decent cavalry warrior.
Item:
>Jhadu
Healing. Very useful as our party has calamitous defense.
>>
>>48338616
Well, if he's fostering up these hero groups, revealing himself will cause problems because they're liable to create distance on a personal level and leave problems up to him instead of reaching forward, which means he has to change tracks and become somebody who sponsors heroes, which is boring and dumb, or just go on solo adventures, which is lonely.
>>
>>48338564
The BBEG isn't dumb enough to straight-out kill the kid before you arrive.
He's going to do something like
>hang kid over a vat of acid
>only way to save him is by using a spell that's higher level than the party is

So you have two options
>Prove you're way too high level, playing them for your amusement, but save the kid.
Now they know all those times they got shat on by level 3 Trolls, all those broken bones, you could've fixed it. They know you treat them like playthings.
or
>Let the kid die, make them think the BBEG is lying, but live with the guilt of letting your friend die

Why aren't you making the cyoa?
>>
>>48338623
I think the term mary sue is being thrown around too often. You wouldn't call Gandalf a mary sue just because he's an immortal angel who hides his power, returns from the death and not just a weak sagely wizard he pretends he is. You really need to know to context of a character before you can brand one a mary sue.

One of the few real mary sues I know of is Bella Swan and not just because it's a meme.
>>
>>48338654
I wouldn't be so disgusted with your plan if you intended to eventually tell them the truth, let them know you wanted to help them reach their potential and keep them safe and confident.
You know, be a mentor who wants there to be more heroes.
But no. That's not your motivation.
You want to have friends and go on an adventure, but never be afraid of death.
>>
>>48338662
>anon thinks he's entitled to every comfort because a higher level character is travelling with him
>anon is so insecure he thinks he could only be seen as a plaything by dragon and not as a true friend by lonely possibly immortal creature
>>
>>48338677
I wasn't talking about true or not mary sue , I was talking about hating mary sues
>>
File: Order_vs_Chaos.jpg (2MB, 1421x5088px) Image search: [Google]
Order_vs_Chaos.jpg
2MB, 1421x5088px
>>
>>48338732
who /NETHERLORD/ here boys?
>>
>>48338732
Mystery Box/DLC if you choose to side with the Netherlord.
>>
>>48338699
>anon is so insecure he thinks he could only be seen as a plaything by dragon and not as a true friend by lonely possibly immortal creature
If he was a "true friend", he wouldn't lie to me.

>break your leg because the retarded mage fucks up his spell and I get attacked
>have to hump around because the idiot mage can't figure out his healing spell
>have to sleep outside, in the cold, with no fire because somehow he can't even figure out a goddamn Level 1 Create Fireball spell

>mage reveals himself to be a max level Dragon Arch Mage
Yeah, I'd be pretty fucking pissed to know he was enjoying my misery, and all of it could've been prevented.
I'd probably become a BBEG from that.
>>
>>48338732
>Architect

I'm going to immediately commit suicide. My world will be an improved version of the Netherworld.

I'm willing to make a bunch of high-tech nukes for Beelzebub to drop on the Netherlord if the Warper is willing to transport them.

You are all welcome to come have fun in my utopia but try to not upset the inhabitants too much. No killing sprees please.
>>
>>48338762
>>48338769
Get fucked.

t. the Architect
>>
>>48338774
don't want to experience anything in the real wolrd before killing yourself? get info that will be useful as a God later? more importantly:
>I'm willing to make a bunch of high-tech nukes for Beelzebub
why would you do that? why would you want to be involved at all?
>>
>>48338732
>Summoner
I can think of some really cool shit to do. Somewhere between card games and comic books, with giant monsters at my beck and call.
>>
>>48338732
>become the Juggernaut
>craft a Ring of Personal Demesne
>enter my room-sized pocket realm
>craft a Ring of Clairvoyance Immunity
>make sure no one can find me
>craft a Ring of Anti-aging
>craft a Ring of Sustenance
>craft a Ring of Focus and Willpower
>begin working on my Demonbane
>become the multiversal ruler of everything

There. I broke the cyoa.
>>
>>48338799
Because I can and the Netherlord >>48338762
>>48338769 annoys me.
>>
>>48338454
Sauce for your image? I mean, I know it's the same person who made the Slut Elf and Gentleman Orc comics, but that is all (and I have no clue who that person actually is)
>>
>>48338874
It's that exact comic. He added one more chapter recently.
>>
>>48338850
also aren't you completely dependent on the Warper for contact with outside worlds?
>>
>>48338884
Oh fuck, for real?! Shit man, I have been out of the loop then!
>>
>>48338832

>Ring of Personal Demesne
That's not going to be made over night

>Ring of Clairvoyance Immunity
At least a few decades can be sunk into this one

>Ring of Anti-aging
Pseudo-immortality equipment seems like the work of a lifetime to me

>Ring of Sustenance
Yet another ring that'll take years to craft

>Ring of Focus and Willpower
By the time you get around to this ring you'll either be dead of old age (assuming a diviner didn't get you in the decades it took to craft the Ring of Clairvoyance Immunity), or you'll have lost the will power to spend all your time in a small pocket dimension crafting equipment.

Not broken, try again.
>>
>>48338891
Not any different from the Netherlord or Beelzebub. The only difference is that I have complete control over my realm over which I can rule as a god, openly or not.
>>
>>48338927
Don't be ridiculous. If Demonbane takes a lifetime, no way in hell does creating any of those rings take more than a few days or weeks at worst.
>>
>>48338362
Kokopelli handles female opponents, Teucer and Aife handle male opponents. Then I'll take both pairs of twins because holy shit that value, and Papa Legba to tie everything together.

I might take the broom instead of the shadow twins, though. It seems super handy.
>>
>>48338362
>can only get the best waifu with the shield of Ajax

Fuck that.
>>
>>48339016
>only way
No, that's just the magically guaranteed way.
>>
>>48338927
>It will take too long to craft a couple of rings that make you functionally immortal
No? I mean, that's kind of the point of them.
>>
>>48338927
Demonbane is a lifetime work, and it's for fighting elder gods and cosmic horrors. Being reliably immortal isn't going to be that hard. Anyway, it's no worse than my plan as Summoner, only he's making physical items instead of summoning monsters.
>>
>>48339084
I think that anon doesn't realise what the Demonbane is and how that affects the Juggernaut's crafting ability: if you need a lifetime to get a mech that turns you into a nearly omnipotent, omniversal deus ex machina, everything else is extremely easy and quick to make by comparison.

I think the author was too focused on limited the Juggernaut in crafting a single ridicullous weapon and completely forgot that he could easily stack weaker items to allow himself to survive beforehand.
>>
>>48339162
To be fair, Elder God Demonbane took two games and a manga, I think, of ramp-up and had half a minute of screen time. You probably won't be fully omnipotent, even if you will be insanely powerful.
>>
>>48339162

I was assuming that "Demonbane" was some kind of generic fantasy sword with powerful anti-evil abilities or something like that, I don't watch anime (especially not mecha anime)
>>
>>48339220

Gant robots don't really seem like equipment to me, either.
>>
>>48339162
My point is that even if it takes a lifetime to craft a ring of anti-aging, you're already proof against arms so you have an eternity to make all the shit you want. It doesn't matter how many lifetimes it takes to make anything at that point.
>>
>>48338564
>>48338232
I still really want to hear why you aren't making that cyoa just want so much.
>>
>>48338832
Demonologist can do the same thing. He can progressively capture stronger and stronger demons in exchange for knowledge and power. There's no real limit assuming the demons don't go through a sudden power jump you cannot bridge using knowledge and power gathered from lower ranked demons.
>>
>>48339244
I thought the better complaint was that he was making Demonbane instead of Master Gundam. What's his horse gonna do while he's busy robot fighting?

>>48339282
I was advocating, so I still don't know why you're asking me this as if I was that other guy.
>>
>>48339282
I don't know. I've tried it a few times but it always ends up shit compared to those peeks we got at the dragonborn cyoa. Unfortunately that one will never be completed and mine would be an inferior copy at best. Hence the tantrums.
>>
File: back alley martial arts.jpg (1MB, 1096x3154px) Image search: [Google]
back alley martial arts.jpg
1MB, 1096x3154px
>>48337888
Author-kun, if you're here please tell me what the prognosis of this cyoa is. I need closure.
>>
>>48337985
Super-Science for me please
>>
File: Dark_God1.png (3MB, 1008x3470px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_God1.png
3MB, 1008x3470px
Here's the rest of it that I'm too lazy to post
https://feathersnake.wordpress.com/
>>
>>48339723
Will you ever make anything new?
>>
>>48339303
quoted the wrong post
>>48339319
>inferior copy
how can your cyoa be "inferior" to something that doesn't exist?
I definitely would prefer you make it, if only so you stop tossing so many hissyfits.
>>
>>48339319
>those peeks we got at the dragonborn cyoa
sauce?
>>
>>48338732
Keeper of Secrets
>Big comfy ass tower.
>Regular change of scenery.
>Best teleportation.
>Can bring friends if I want.
>Good reads. Could learn magic.
>Sometimes interesting stuff happens. No control over it though. Hmmm…
>But most of the time no one bothers me.

It's perfect.
>>
File: MetaCYOA.png (74KB, 823x800px) Image search: [Google]
MetaCYOA.png
74KB, 823x800px
>>
A
>>
>>48339344
Form 2; Form 5; Form 7; Form 9
This grates on my OCD.
>>
File: cyoa_wayfarer.png (3MB, 2268x3402px) Image search: [Google]
cyoa_wayfarer.png
3MB, 2268x3402px
>>
File: halfdragon1.jpg (5MB, 1200x5970px) Image search: [Google]
halfdragon1.jpg
5MB, 1200x5970px
1/3
>>
>>48337962
>>48338042
Being an average mutant still makes you better than 99% of human population, while right now you are just a neckbeard sitting on the internet, the world would still suck as there a lot of mmore powerful guys above you, but at least you will be AMONG them rather than UNDER all of them..
>>
File: halfdragon2.jpg (5MB, 1200x6640px) Image search: [Google]
halfdragon2.jpg
5MB, 1200x6640px
>>48340117
>>
>>48337985
Ki for me.

Also, does anybody know where that picture in the middle is from?
>>
File: halfdragon3.jpg (6MB, 1200x6940px) Image search: [Google]
halfdragon3.jpg
6MB, 1200x6940px
>>48340148
finito
>>
>>48340177
Tetsuo Shima from the classic manga Akira
>>
>>48340067
>Kami ticket
>Bard
>Sanwicher
>Universal Wallet
>Funcyclopedia

Trying to go for maximum comfy
>>
>>48338732
Still going alchemist, but adding a little more to my plans. I hope to find the juggernaut and, together, we can craft many wondrous items. Who knows, I may be able to create a potion of add lifespan or immortality, give it to the juggernaut, and see what he can create with a thousand lifetimes.

On second thought, I might go with the Warrior. Will post what I'll do soon.
>>
>>48340248
No, the one to the right of it. I keep seeing it yet the source eludes me.
>>
>>48340117
>>48340148
>>48340179

Ah yes, the one where Ira isn't what she was advertised as, leading you to help her be someone you didn't sign up for. Good times were had.
>>
>>48340331
>1.screen cap it
>2.reverse image search with google
>3.stop asking other people to do it for you
>>
>>48340117
Update when?
>>
>>48340372
I don't know how to screen cap, I'm afraid. If no one want's to search for it, they don't have to. Sorry for wasting your time.
>>
>>48340404
Hopefully never. Look what happened to Ira. Not even going to mention how stupid it is that lamias are somehow a threat to dragons.
>>
>>48338732
I'll take Warrior, find Juggernaut, get him to craft me a ring of immortality in exchange for my services, and travel the world looking for a good fight.
>>
>>48340408
afaik it's not 'from' anything, it's just original digital art by someone.
>>
>>48338180
You're retarded. Your singular experiences make you able to judge everyone in the thread at once? Pathetic.
>>
>>48340356
>>48340432
Salty much? That's what you get for your degenerate tastes anon.
>>
>>48340408
>I don't know how to screen cap
look it up then. I mean if you really do want to know. I'm not mad at you btw, just got impatient for a moment. you don't have to apologise.
>>
>>48340117
>Improved wings 2
>Dragon breath
>Dragon Hide 2
>Magic

>Emma Clay
>Form change 2
>Senses 2
>Dragon strength 2
>Dragon Grace 2
>Claws 2
>>
>>48340432
It's possible he'll change that.
>>
>>48340518
Shut up. Tahir is my qt shy husbando. Not going to risk Ferrean turning him into a reverse trap though. I'm happy with the status quo.
>>
File: Bioform pt1.jpg (1MB, 1000x3192px) Image search: [Google]
Bioform pt1.jpg
1MB, 1000x3192px
>>
File: Bioform pt2.jpg (1MB, 999x3306px) Image search: [Google]
Bioform pt2.jpg
1MB, 999x3306px
>>48340596
>>
>>48340032
did ya make a build?
>>
>>48337888
Mad Science, Psyonics and Occoltism. I'm going full Lovecraft and you can't stop me.
My own hubris will catch up to me soon enough.
>>
>>48340032
>>48340067
>>48340617
Personal Portation Pack and Whaleship
Pilgrim and Seeker
Free Multicompass and Dove
Sandwicher, Mimic Papers, Universal Wallet, Funcyclopedia
>>
File: Desert Soldier p1.png (2MB, 1232x3812px) Image search: [Google]
Desert Soldier p1.png
2MB, 1232x3812px
>>
>>48340117
>improved wings (2)
>dragon hide (5)
>magic (7)
>form change II (14)
>senses (16)
>form sculpting (17)
>dragon strength (20)
>elemental II (22)
>pregnancy element
>dragon grace (24)
>claws (26)
>>
File: Desert Soldier p2.png (4MB, 1232x3950px) Image search: [Google]
Desert Soldier p2.png
4MB, 1232x3950px
>>48340680
>>
File: Desert Soldier p3.png (3MB, 1232x4068px) Image search: [Google]
Desert Soldier p3.png
3MB, 1232x4068px
>>48340700
>>
File: Desert Soldier p4.png (3MB, 1232x3896px) Image search: [Google]
Desert Soldier p4.png
3MB, 1232x3896px
>>48340715
>>
>>48340596
Return of THE WALL
Weight Class: -40 Ultra Heavy (10', 2500 lbs)
Caste: Worker
-20 Extra Arm Strength (1 for each arm)
-20 Progenitor Worm
-20 Shield x2
-30 Extra Armor 3
-30 Chitin Upgrade 3
-10 Reflex Upgrade
-40 Purifier x4
-15 Regeneration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs
>>
>>48338454
what do shotacons do when the shota grows up

does the balance of power flip or do they just drop them?
>>
>>48340680

>Nanomachines son!

>Bezerker
>Fistfighter

>Chainaxe
>Power Fist
>Armstrong defence
>Nanomachine infusion
>Regenerative process

>Soo-Hyun Choi

>T-20 Nanosuit

>Purifier
>Radio

>Alone

Gonna dispense some frontier justice, maybe start up my own settlement, or just help out folks who need it. Many nasty raiders will be discouraged by the tales of when I came and basically exploded them all.
>>
>>48340827
The same thing pedos and "hebebphiles" in real life do when their target grows up, they dump their 'partner' and move onto the next one.
>>
>>48340939
>He thinks anime is like real life
>>
>>48338732
I just realized that you could sell the magical fantasy drugs and implants/transplants you make with Summoner. I was just sitting here, idly daydreaming about dumb shit I'd use it for, and then I realized I could sell those things for money. And I feel really bad that this didn't connect for me until now.
>>
File: agegapyuri.jpg (171KB, 580x1744px) Image search: [Google]
agegapyuri.jpg
171KB, 580x1744px
>>48340827
It only becomes hotter. I wish there was an age gap waifu cyoa. >ywn sexually dominate your cutie shy older nee-san
>>
>>48340965
You could make it.
>>
>>48340984
This place is riddled with lesbians. I'm sure one of them will make it eventually.
>>
>>48340965
Make one.
>>
File: 1462051495692.png (188KB, 652x434px) Image search: [Google]
1462051495692.png
188KB, 652x434px
>>48341009
I'd rather it let me be a shota though.
>>
>>48340018
A
Let's see what this thread still has in store for me.
>>
>>48341028
Make a CYOA that lets you be a shota.
>>
>>48340018
A)

We gary stu now.
>>
>>48341009
>"lesbians"
>implying we aren't all just a bunch of neckbearded faggots
you w0t?
>>
File: 1409937353404.jpg (1015KB, 1800x1427px) Image search: [Google]
1409937353404.jpg
1015KB, 1800x1427px
>>
>>48341056
Terrible taste. Shotas should be sexually agressive and ruin older girls with their huge dicks. None of that blushing shit like in your picture.
>>
>>48341065
On the internet, the only thing that matters is what you say, and everyone knows 4chan types like a teenage girl.
>>
>>48341065
Highlander, SDA and Angel are "confirmed" lesbians. I'm pretty sure there's more of them.
>>
File: 1467695844722.png (5MB, 1000x8280px) Image search: [Google]
1467695844722.png
5MB, 1000x8280px
>>
>>48340939

Anon, I really don't think it works like that. I think it's similar to people with more healthy tastes. They feel attracted to someone, they start a relationship with them as best they're able, and if it lasts then they're old and wrinkled together and still attracted enough to keep a healthy sex life. Normal people don't really prefer older people, even if they're old themselves, they always find younger people more attractive but that still doesn't stop your parents from having sex whenever you're out of the house, or your grandparents from still having sex regularly as best they're able.
>>
>>48341056
I am.
>>
>>48341149
Sneak peek pls, anon-kun.
>>
>>48341176
Sorry, I don't do WIPs
>>
File: 639c71a5.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
639c71a5.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>48341190
I wasn't asking. Now post it.
>>
>>48341101
Highlander is female? Since when?
>>
>>48341230
She mentioned being a lesbian once and said she didn't want to make a big deal out of it.
>>
>>48341208

Did you peek at your Christmas presents when you were a kid? Did your parents take your favorite thing back to the store when you acted like a dick? Is that why you want WIPs so much, so you know if there really are nice things coming your way? Anon can always post the WIP and turn the car around, he doesn't have to deliver a completed project if he doesn't like it.
>>
>>48340518
>implying I wouldn't go on adventures with Adeline

I'm just recalling the bitch fit that people had over that. False advertising tends to piss people off in CYOAs.
>>
>>48341249
Once, it was how I learned Santa didn't exist.
>>
>>48341241
>she didn't want to make a big deal out of it
She told everyone she was a muslim lesbian then said not to make a big deal out of it?
>>
>>48341101
>SDA

Pretty sure Sandra's a dude. But it really doesn't matter until they want to start a shitstorm so they can be told to post tits then cry about it, post them anyway, and cry more when someone says something about the color or size of their nipples, shape of their breasts, or how asymmetrical they are.
>>
>>48341269
Exactly, if you peek that big breasted onee-chan will cease to exist.
>>
>>48341249
I just want this thread to spice up. So either post a WIP or nuke the americans awake.
>>
>>48341249
>>48341290
>threatening to stop making a CYOA because someone wants to see how you're doing

You might be making CYOA's for the wrong reason, friend.
>>
>>48341274
I made sure to make a big deal out of it.
>>
>>48341308
>or nuke the americans awake

I'm an American. It's currently between 12pm and 3pm in the US right now. Most Americans actually are awake, anon. They're just working, or paying a bit of attention to politics, because the RNC started today.
>>
>>48341321
>>threatening to stop making a CYOA

I only made one CYOA, and nobody liked it. Not even me. The only reason I finished and posted it was to claim I actually put a little bit of effort into a shitpost once.
>>
>>48341343
Can't you guys just elect Trump already. How long is this shitty game going to last? We need you guys here to produce cyoas and talk about stuff.
>>
>>48341380
Ends in November.
>>
>>48340018
always A
>>
>>48341365
Repost it. I'm a slutty cyoa user so I'll probably love it and give you lots of headpats~
>>
>>48341365

Sorry, I should also specify, I'm not the anon that said he's making a cyoa and doesn't post WIPs. I do like him more for that, because posting WIP is shit, as it leads to broken hearts when something you like is changed or removed, or it never gets finished.

>>48341380
>How long is this shitty game going to last?

Too fucking long. Just wait til November. Tuesday, November 8th is election day.
>>
File: shitstorm cyoa.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shitstorm cyoa.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>48341365
>The only reason I finished and posted it was to claim I actually put a little bit of effort into a shitpost once.
>>>it's a shitpost

>>48341427
>Repost it.

You asked for this.
>>
File: shitstorm box.png (870KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shitstorm box.png
870KB, 1920x1080px
>>48341456
>>48341427

And the box. No headpats needed, they're not deserved. Just don't complain, it's the cyoa you wanted.
>>
>>48341456
Shitpost is a art
>>
>>48341456
I can't believe I got banned for posting my beautiful trap scat goddess cyoa and you can post this inferior shit freely. Makes me really sad.
>>
>>48341456
>No bull shit.
I am disappointed.
>>
>>48341561

If it makes you feel any better I'm never posting it again unless it's extremely appropriate to the thread.
>>
>>48341647

Seemed like an obvious choice to throw in, so naturally I couldn't use it.
>>
>>48341665
Ah, I understand. Have to keep the options different to keep cyoas from being to similar. That being said, maybe you could add modifiers to the shit, such as liquid shit, very caked shit, or unusual color shit. Just a thought.
>>
>>48341561
>Trap Scat goddess
I remember that one. Why didn't you put in a no sleep option? Thematically speaking, it would make sense, considering what you have to do. Not to mention it is a very popular option in several cyoas. Perhaps some DLC in the future, if you want.
>>
>>48341456
>no immortality option
dropped
>>
>>48341693

You're completely free to modify or add onto that as much as you like.
>>
>>48341740
No thanks, currently working on several other projects. Thanks for the offer, though.
>>
>>48341762

Rest assured, the offer stands. The only way I'll pick it back up is if there's a shitstorm big enough that I care about to motivate me into it. Which is doubtful.
>>
>>48340950
Or you could:
>Use Alchemist to make lots of gold.
>Become rich in the world you make with Architect.
>Heal people for money with Miracle.
>Craft the implants with Juggernaut.
>Steal stuff with Spectre.
>Just profit of of your entertainment related skill with Culture Queen/King.
>Make people give you money with Dominator.
>Profit off of the knowledge being the Keeper of Secrets gives you.
>Etc.
>>
>>48341456
>>48341418
well that's a disappointment.
>>
File: 1453750763729.png (570KB, 1203x715px) Image search: [Google]
1453750763729.png
570KB, 1203x715px
>>48341285
I am actually a robot.
>>
>>48342021
We're all SDA now
>>
>>48337985
Super-science. Maybe I can make my robotic waifu.
>>48338116
Start in 20kBC with 125 points due to drawback. Change body to 20-year-old man in great shape, no blemishes, light brown hair, tan skin to fit in anywhere, blue eyes.
Upgrades:
Genius 3 (helps with Singularity): 125 - 10 = 115
Memory 2 (for Historian) 115 - 7 = 102
Wellspring 102 - 5 = 97
Strength 2 97-8=89
Reflexes 1 89-4=85
Impervious 1 85-4=81
Pain Control 81-2=79
Regeneration 2 79-6=73
Endurance 1 73-4=69
Sanitary Convience 1 69-2=67
Diet 67-5=62
Iron Gut 62-1=61
Flight 2 61-5=56
Blessed One (Major) 56-10=46
Shapeshifting (Minor) 46-5=41
Imbueable 2x Extended Lifespan times two 41-4=37 (extend the lives of 999 geniuses to 1/4 speed)
Also Imbueable Impervious 3 once. 37-12=25 (gift my companions and myself plus 93 others).
Book of Knowledge 25-5=20
Personal Omni-Weapon, all upgrades 20-3=17
Get Chiaki Nanami from Danganronpa 2, Luna (from VLR), Phi (from ZTD), Akane (from 999), and Lotus (from 999). Harem activated. (and they're all helpful). 17-15=2
Remove Impervious 1 and get 4 more, then get five companion slots to leave open. 2+4-6.
Drawback: Temporally Lost
Quests: Singularity , An Empire Eternal, The Historian (for Special Reward)
Give a bunch of geniuses 1/16 speed life, give supergeniuses impervious 3, sit back and watch the singularity. Cure the Black Plague by sinking ships in 1300 and curing the people in Asia affected before it got Europe. Also, kill Muhammad. Get a huge empire by 5000BC with my godlike powers and lead armies to conquer the world. Revert age to 20-25.
This is best setup (and a kickass CYOA).
>>
Am I doing this right?

So, I'm deeply unsatisfied with the state of the magic system in the DLC, World of Myth and Wonder >>48338134. If anyone has any specific comments or input I'd be glad to hear it as I try to poke it into something better.

Other than that section, I'm pretty happy with the rest.
>>
>>48342021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_C0IjjEz2E
>>
>>48341926
Yeah, they all have ways to make money, but I started thinking about how to prioritize Summoner to get out of needing money without wasting any time, and then I realized I could use it for money directly, and I felt that it should not have taken me three hours to get to that point.
>>
>>48342027
We always have been.
>>
>>48342078
Glad you like it! I like your build; I think that's the first one I've seen that's explicitly relied on letting other human geniuses do the work. Do you plan to intervene as necessary to protect them from charges of "Heresy" and such?
>>
>>48342080
>SDAcheld

lel

Btw if I were to take Blessing Of The People- Genius, Limited for humans, would that make level 1 free in Altering History?
>>
File: PDF.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
PDF.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Domain Master
>>
>>48342117
Thanks! I'm not sure, honestly. Probably yes - since it'd extend the empire to conquer another via force AND it'd get rid of the threat to my 906 imbued-with-lifespan people. But if I catch wind of a heresy rumor I could debuff one of the 93 geniuses and gift them Impervious 3 instead (temporarily) before I take over.
For instance, in the French Revolution I'd just take over France if my geniuses are having trouble. That'd extend the might of my empire, making An Empire Eternal easier, and I could protect anyone that I imbued there.
>>
>>48342147
Nope; Limited Genius is weaker than Genius 1; you can think if it sort of like a "Genius 0".

You would receive the benefits of Limited Genius if you didn't buy *any* levels of Genius in Altering History, but it doesn't "stack".
>>
>>48340640
Time for SMT anon.You and me will have to power to talk and control the demons.
>>
>>48341119
>3 Drain, 2 Pregnancy, 1 Charm

I'm just going to chill as the demon's IT guy, and when I want, steal someone's life and fuck/impregnate every woman I can find with Charm until the SO hates me so much that I get kicked out of the body for that extra bonus cash.
>>
>>48342259
I will call down things from beyond the stars to serve me, before bigger and scarier things start to hunt me. Regardless I'll make sure at the vary least they'll kill us both.

Or create a demon and force it to possess a cyborg that I grew in a vat, and lose it upon the world. Which ever kills us all first.
>>
File: Seven Sins Cyoa.jpg (5MB, 5000x4597px) Image search: [Google]
Seven Sins Cyoa.jpg
5MB, 5000x4597px
Should I keep the current companion images, or replace them with something else?
>>
>>48342078
>>48342240
Oh, er... I did notice there's a problem with your build.

You can't buy the ability to buff people with Impervious 3 unless you have already bought Impervious 3. Otherwise there'd be no reason to buy it instead of just doing what you're doing. I might suggest trying to buy Impervious 2, and then the ability to buff that.

At the end of the day, as long as you're having fun I don't care, but I just want to point that out so the confusion doesn't spread to others reading. I may not have made that point clear in the CYOA; I know I mentioned it, but I'll check the wording.
>>
>>48342520
Yeah, the language is that it says "any ... power *that you have* (base cost)"

I can see how that might be insufficient to get the point across, however, so I'll see if I can clean up the language.
>>
>>48338134
There should be an option for otherworldly horrors to invade every few thousand years, areas of magical calamities and supernatural effects, and whatnot.

Or have lots of things like supernatural materials available.
>>
>>48342609
>supernatural materials available
All the suggestions you made were good ones, but to elaborate on this, do you mean things like fantasy metals (mithril, etc)?
>>
>>48342732
Not him but yes.
>>
>>48342160
>Affinity: Light
I liked the open plains of Acoustics, but Light has more fertile lands
>Size: Giants
It's gotta be clear who's the boss
>Race: Celestial
I don't want to be inhuman, and Celestial is basically attractive Humans with wings and a boost to diplomacy
>Empowerment (Acoustics)
yis
>Enchanted Armour + Weapon
>Charisma + Vitality + Physical + Agility Prowess
Can't be a Leader without being able to lead in battle if necessary
>Personal Guards +4 tokens on Lieutenants

Minions
Average + Celestial
>Clerics x1
>Mages x1
>Engineers x1
>Craftsmen x2
>Recruiters x1
(6)
>Overseers x2
(2)
Giant + Celestial
Average + Humanoid
>Guards x1
>Scouts x1
>Merchants x2
>Servants x1
(5)
>Battlemages x1
(1)
Giant + Humanoid

Personal lieutenants:
Average + Celestial
>Archmage x1
Average + Humanoid
>Warlord x1
>Chosen x1
>Witch x1

A balanced, varied selection, I think. Enough minions focused on defense, but most are focused on trades and economy.
I only have Guards x1, Mages x1 (should have some offensive capabilities), Scouts x1 and Battlemages x1, but I feel it should be enough with my personal lieutenants.
It's a bit of a gamble having my Recruiters be Celestial - yes, they have a diplomacy boost, but they can also be corrupted.
I'd have liked just a bit more diplomacy units - not really a fan of the implied coercion of recruiters. I assure you mine are friendly!

Minion perk
>Sustenance (15)
>Training
>Talented - diplomacy
if that doesn't count, Trading
>Equipment (3)

Realm perks
>Large
>Protected

Drawback
>Benevolent
Yes, my land treats its people fairly.
>>
>>48342847
>I don't want to be inhuman, and Celestial is basically attractive Humans with wings and a boost to diplomacy
Don't leave out the inconvenient weakness to corruption and darkness.

Careful that you don't become a fallen angel, in time =D

Otherwise, fun build.
>>
File: 1437168086409.jpg (67KB, 1200x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1437168086409.jpg
67KB, 1200x1074px
>>48342903
>Don't leave out their weaknesses
I didn't. It's why I made Humanoid scouts, and why I'm iffy about Celestial Recruiters: Yes, they are better diplomats, but that weakness to corruption ain't good.
>Don't become a fallen angel
If that happens, so be it. I don't fear it. I don't believe "being corrupted" kills my "identity" or whatever that one guy talks about.
All I hope is that if it his happens, my people are still happy. If the King cannot keep his people happy and safe, he has failed, and I hope a proper hero comes to take my place.
>>
File: CorruptedFairy.jpg (209KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
CorruptedFairy.jpg
209KB, 600x849px
>>48342903
Why not embrace the corruption?
>>48342160
>Affinity:
Dark
>Size:
Tiny
>Race:
Celestial (Fallen)

>Boss Perks:
Vitality Prowess, Agility Prowess, Magical Prowess, Charisma Prowess, Corruption, Shapeshifting, Personal Guards

>Minions 20/20
>Minion perks
Ascendancy, Evolution, Speciality: Magic, Faction 16/20

>Minions
Types: Tiny and Average
Races: Celestial and Humanoid

Mages x4
Soldiers x2
Servants x1
Clerics x2

Sorcerers x2
Overseers x2
Priests x2

Oracle x1
Personal guard
Champion, Warlord, Archmage and Witch

>Realm Perks
Expansion, Protected

>Complication:
Malevolent

Cute little fairy got locked in a pendant, locked in a pendant until she went mad. Sad little princess found that silly old pendant, now the sad little princess is dead. The evil is spreading and the fairy is begging, the voices to paint the world red.
>>
File: soldier76.png (436KB, 653x844px) Image search: [Google]
soldier76.png
436KB, 653x844px
>>48342027
I don't have time to photoshop SDA into Soldier 76 right now though so have my pic of the last time somebody said "we're all magic now"
>>
>>48341730
like a deuce?

if so what type
>>
>>48342847
swapping
>Witch
for
>Oracle
The Witch employs tactics I will not condone.
The Oracle will help with diplomacy when a scout/recruiter comes to our Domain, and she and the Chosen will detect it if I am becoming corrupted.
In case I do become corrupter, the Chosen and Warlord must hunt me down. I'd like the Chosen one to take over. She seems to be the Lieutenant with my people's best interest at heart.
>>
>>48342160
Reposting.

Affinity:Technology
Size:Average
Race:Construct
Perks:Vitality, Agility, Magic, Perception, Armor, Phylactery, Hybrid:Mystic, Guards, Arena
Minions(Size:Average/Petite,Race:Elemental/Construct):2 Engineers, 2 Mages, Sorcerers, 2 Craftsmen, Overseers, Riders, Guards, Battlemages
Guards:Archmage, Oracle, Assasin, Witch
Minion Perks:Talented(Enchanting), Talented(Engineering), Specialty(Magic), Ascendancy, Sustenance, Training, Equipment
Realm Perks:Unknown, Hidden
Complications:Benevolent, Nemesis

We're unheard of and nearly unfindable, we have the best minds in tech and magic around, and the gear to match. We're going to build and grow and run up that exponential curve, and when we hit critical mass, we're going to burst open like a star of light and knowledge going supernova.
>>
File: 1401810611546.jpg (1MB, 2676x1867px) Image search: [Google]
1401810611546.jpg
1MB, 2676x1867px
>>
>>48343216
Calculator trap please.
>>
>>48343265
Go be a degenerate somewhere else.
>>
>>48343265
Guess I'll have to rape-defeat him.
>>
>>48341119
Legal 1, Roletaking 2 and Pregnancy 3
Anyone who I need to go after is well and truly fucked and at the very least if knocking up both of them doesn't ruin the relationship I'll still make bank off the offspring that they can't do shit against.
>>
>>48343276
>implying women are not the source of all evil
>implying any relationship involving a woman is not tainted
>implying a trap gf is not the purest form of the purest kind of love

Where is that wise old wizard when you need him?
>>
File: qZyrUsn.png (54KB, 315x320px) Image search: [Google]
qZyrUsn.png
54KB, 315x320px
>>48343285
>anon is into mpreg
>>
>>48342027
>match starts
>"We're all CYOA authors now," says Soldier: SDA.
>Entire team switches to Soldier: SDA.
>Lose because the enemy team has bunch better comp: High(noon)lander, "Heroes never die" Beri, and the fluffy, ice-shooting Kit, for instance.
>switch to you Blisshardt part-way through despite my team of Soldier: SDA's jeers.
>it's in vain. Lose anyway & team is mad at you.
>>
>>48341119
Is demon's name Kek?
>>
>>48343322
I do what it takes to win.
>>
File: tumblr_o4q9qv1CwE1s2htvko1_1280.png (1016KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4q9qv1CwE1s2htvko1_1280.png
1016KB, 1280x720px
>>48343346
I approve
>>
>>48338732
Spectre.

>Never, ever give away identity
>Never leave any indication as to who was behind the "mysterious death"
>Never receive any credit for any deeds
>Slowly but inevitably alter the course of history

The rest of the world won't realize it at all, but in the end, I'll be running the show. People don't realize that the mightiest throne in the world is, in truth, a simple, grassy knoll.
>>
>>48342160
Every time I see this one, I immediately come up with 2 or 3 new ideas, but as I write them down I realize that this cyoa is too convoluted to actually let them work.
>>
File: 426174-Kycb.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
426174-Kycb.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
>>48342160
Affinities: Glacial, Tempest

Average Human/Demon, Male
[Same for Companion, Female]

Boss Perks: Agility Prowess, Perception Prowess, Charisma Prowess, Enchanted Armour, Enchanted Weapon, Phylactery, Companion
Hybrid, Empowerment

Average Human/Demons [The Beauty: magic and diplomacy] & Giant Demons [The Brawn: fighting/intimidation]
Mooks: Guards
Elites: Warriors, Sorcerers, Riders, Priests, Harem
Lieutenants: Witch, Champion, Warlord, Oracle, Archmage

Hybrid, Appearance, Faction, Training, Equipment, Sustenance, Charisma Specialty.

Realm Perks: Mobile, Protected.

Complications: Treasure, Adaptation (Through Charisma and Money)

Aurora Kingdom
A very closely guarded and isolated kingdom, with a strict neutral alignment. The deadly thunder and snowstorms roaring over the realm is enough to repel most intruders. Aptly named Aurora Kingdom due to the appearance of northern lights whenever the realm moves (as a combination of tempest/glacial). A glacial palace lies deep within the realm, where each of the rooms holds a skyline of its own.

My kind and I share a demonic heritage, but we hide that. Our humanity masks both the appearance and the lust for chaos. We tend to keep to ourselves, unless there's profit to be made. We're constantly looking to expand our treasury with not only gold but also rare artifacts, weapons and armours.

As the Master I covertly travel in search for rare items and artifacts under the guise of an adventurer, while my companion manages the realm. While I carry a piece of the soul of my companion, she carries a piece of mine. So together we become unstoppable, or when separated are still connected and can revive each other when needed.
>>
>>48343216
Mimic, 7+ or bust.
>>
>>48343463
Like what? and how is it too convoluted?
>>
File: gremlindvaggez.gif (186KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
gremlindvaggez.gif
186KB, 540x540px
>>48343346
>>
Ahh I remember this CYOA from way back.
>>
File: alien ship.jpg (75KB, 312x768px) Image search: [Google]
alien ship.jpg
75KB, 312x768px
>>48343620
Shit messed up putting it on. Here it is.
>>
>>48343346
Overwatch CYOA when?
>>
>>48343635
Someone already made one where you get to pick three characters to room with.
>>
>>48343216
I'm still cheesed that there's only one redhead.

Rollan for Onion Knight.
>>
File: 1464800786721.gif (1MB, 516x365px) Image search: [Google]
1464800786721.gif
1MB, 516x365px
>>48343633
>>
>>48343633
Unfortunately, that's not big enough to read anything.
>>
File: 1466070991191.jpg (16KB, 460x282px) Image search: [Google]
1466070991191.jpg
16KB, 460x282px
>>48343633
>>
File: 1461191498774.gif (960KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
1461191498774.gif
960KB, 500x260px
>>48343517
Hell yeah, cute mimic body here I come. A-anyone want me?
>>
>>48343620
>>48343633
dat pic size
try again desu
>>
File: alien ship.jpg (624KB, 1257x3094px) Image search: [Google]
alien ship.jpg
624KB, 1257x3094px
>>48343704
Fuck me, alright let's see if it works this time.
>>
>>48343633
Try again
>>
>>48343346
>High(noon)lander
>"Autism ain't gonna dispense itself."
>>
>>48342847
A solid attitude to have; bravo.

>>48343120
For everything there is a season... including corruption, I suppose.
>>
>>48342847
A safe, average kingdom. Good, self-sufficient.

>>48343120
That's pretty creepy dude. I'd stay far away from you, but honestly, you'd be high on the celestial list (or demonic list) to be eradicated.

>>48343168
Those demons will find you, eventually. Better pray you'll be ready. And what will you do when you have the theoretical knowledge but none of the practical. Your realm keeps to itself and also seems very lacking in resources.
>>
File: Caster_(Fate_Extra).png (5MB, 2552x3698px) Image search: [Google]
Caster_(Fate_Extra).png
5MB, 2552x3698px
>>48342160
affinity: Tech, mystic

size: Petite
race: Humanoid, construct
Looks like a kitsune but instead of the animal parts being flesh they are mechanical. So a human with 9 mechanical tails, mechanical fox ears, mecha eyes and a nuclear core hidden in the chest area (important later on)

boss perks: Hybrid, empowerment, magical prowess, vitality prowess, Enchanted weapon 3x (one time for my tails, ears and eyes respectively)
Final form. I can cause the nuclear core to overcharge and strengthen the functionality of my body. The enchanted weapons all become stronger as well.

Minions:
Management faction: Servants, merchants
Research faction: Engineers x3, mages x3, craftsmen x3, archmage x3

Minion perk: talented (science)

realm perk: mobile, separate

My domain is a downwards going tower that's more than thirty floors deep. the door to the first floor of my domain transfers from one big city to another and nobody knows where it will be found next.

My domain has only my minions in it and no civilians. In it we are enchanting and inventing new kind of contraptions, magic and magitech machines constantly. The lesser products get sold for extra money for material and food.

Just imagine me looking somewhat like a mechanized caster
>>
>>48343758
I posted it again, and it's better now.
>>
>>48344271
why are you namefagging right now?
>>
>>48338732
Phoenician

Use epiphany to learn Alien Manhunter's technology, team up with Demonologist and use epiphany to discover demon names.

Perform Science! for the good of mankind.
>>
>>48343750
Build: John McClane.

Well, that was easy.
>>
>>48343924
We're constructs and elementals. We ARE resources. What the domain doesn't provide, we will pull forth from the ether.
>>
File: Wizard's Apprentice.jpg (3MB, 1008x8342px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard's Apprentice.jpg
3MB, 1008x8342px
>>
How do anons generally feel about / react to elements like "get bonus points if you writefag something" in a CYOA? I saw that it one of the Buffy CYOAs, and used it myself, but don't know what the general opinion is.
>>
>>48344599
>get bonus points if you writefag something
I don't. It kills any desire I had to write.
Makes me feel like some monkey you're asking to dance for your entertainment.
And if you make a cyoa with one choice, that's a mystery box, and have the audacity to say
>it would be super swell if you could write something about this choice you're making, even if you have no control over what you get
I will laugh at you.
>>
>>48344599
Ambivalent, as I can't/won't writefag regardless.
>>
>>48344599
I usually ignore it and take the points
>>
>>48344599
I personally like it. It promotes more interesting builds to read. As long as it doesn't give too amazing a bonus. Otherwise some non-writefags might feel bad.
>>
>>48344599

I like having free points, but it takes your mind out of it a bit when you're earning points as an anon typing on your computer rather than as a character within the cyoa.
>>
File: cultists of the eternal end city.jpg (296KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
cultists of the eternal end city.jpg
296KB, 1600x800px
>>48342160
The Queen

>Affinity
Technology, Light
>Size
Colossal
>Race
Construct
>Boss Perks
Vitality Prowess
Perception Prowess
Charisma Prowess
Enchanted Armor (Queen's Tower)
Corruption
Arena Manipulation
Empowerment
Companion (Tech/Light, Giant Construct)

>Minion Races
a.Wasteland/Light Average Humanoid
b.Technology/Light Average Construct
>Mooks
a. Soldiers x6 (150)
b. Recruiters x2 (50)
>Elites
b. Warriors x4 (40)
b. Overseers x2 (20)
b Craftsmen x1 (10)
b. Priests x2 (20)
>Lieutenants
b.Warlord x2 (1)
b.Oracle x1 (1)
>Minion Perks
Empowerment
Appearance: Outlandish
Specialty: Charisma
Faction
Training
Ascendancy

>Realm Perks
Large
Expansion
>Complications
Treasure
Usurper
Malevolent
>>
File: cultists of the eternal end 1.jpg (353KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cultists of the eternal end 1.jpg
353KB, 1920x1080px
>>48344729
How did I get here? Leader of a simple tribe, wanting only peace and prosperity for her people. We were ants in a dance of giants, and would have been crushed and enslaved -- or eaten -- by any other nation. But this Cult, this abomination, this sanctuary, gives us a chance to defy and oppose those great empires that sit astride the world like lions across their fallen prey.

The force of their purpose is like a growing wave. You join and ride it; either to create a glorious future, or to crash in a thousand shards on some alien shore. If you don't join the wave, it rides over you, and you are drowned and decimated.

I have chosen to ride it. The purpose draws to a close. The End for which they have been striving is near. We believe in the visions of the Cults as though our gods meant for our tribe to join them.

Perhaps, in fact, they are our gods.
>>
>>48344662
>>48344670
>>48344680
>>48344691
>>48344725
I appreciate all the input; it helps me get a feel for whether this would be a good idea or not.

Basically I'm considering adding an option of that kind to my CYOA; it would be essentially counted as a "drawback", on the same level as other drawbacks, and counting toward the limit. In other words, it wouldn't give anything that you couldn't get from taking other drawbacks, but it would be another way to earn those drawback points.
>>
>>48344599
It feels like it's pointless. Writefags gonna writefag. Non-writers aren't going to write.

If anything, it should be something like "Here's x bonus points to spend on polishing things up. They're free. But if you liked this CYOA, then post your build, maybe talk about it a bit. Whatever you feel comfortable with."
>>
>>48344599
Good for builds.
>>
>>48343216
Priest
Serena
>>
>>48344599
I treat them as free points and never write anything.
>>
>>48344767
>then post your build, maybe talk about it a bit.
That's not *as* bad as saying
>DANCE, MONKEY, DANCE! DANCE FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT! SCRAMBLE FOR THE FUCKING BANANAS!
but I'm still not a fan. Like you said yourself, writefags are gonna write anyway. Asking me to write will make me not want to.
>>
>>48344863
That's true, but offering the points for free and then letting you know that you can post and talk about your build if you appreciate the CYOA is not only less annoying, but guaranteed to be more effective than presenting it as a buyable option.

>>48344748
Especially, presenting it as a "drawback" would make people who don't want to writefag way less willing to even post their build.
>>
>>48344863
>writefags are gonna write anyway
Might apply to you, but certainly not an absolute principle. For example, I never would have written anything for the Buffy CYOA if there hadn't been such an option there. So, clearly the effect can go either way.

>>48344854
Unfortunate, but it sounds like you are the kind that would never write anything anyway, so it's not actually reducing the amount of writing to put it in there.

Not that I'm decided to; that's still up in the air.
>>
>>48344599
I like them, and write for them (to the best of my ability), but never post the builds. RWBY, Traveler, Slayer, etc.

If it's required to post or otherwise share the build in order to get the points, I ignore that part.
>>
>>48344912
>Especially, presenting it as a "drawback" would make people who don't want to writefag way less willing to even post their build.
I'm honestly baffled as to why that would occur. I'm not doubting you, or dismissing it, I truly just don't understand.
>>
>>48344912
>offering the points for free
why would you do this at the end of the cyoa, when I've already made my build?
Then I have to backtrack right when I was filling out the captcha.
>letting you know that you can post and talk about your build if you appreciate the CYOA
I'm saying that this exact thing will kill the drive for me. I already know I can post and talk about my build.
You make me feel like a dancing monkey.
>>
>>48344970
me neither
that anon sounds cray-cray desu
>>
>>48344970
It's a tonal thing. You're conveying a sense of obligation. "Write about your build" being in the same category as "you're unable to change history" or "animals/the weather/the spirits FUCKING HATE YOU" implies that those are equal choices.

The goal is to create a sense that writing about your build is its own reward, not something you have to be bribed into doing.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 1200x5001px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 1200x5001px
Have a good old fashioned waifu cyoa, guys.

I was thinking of making my own waifu cyoa, maybe with a yandere theme for /d/. as long as its sfw could I post it here?

I'll post a few more cyoas
>>
>>48344990
I think s/he may have oppositional defiant disorder. Far from the worst affliction that can be witnessed in this very thread.
>>
>>48345016
>For /d/
CYOAs are banned on /d/. You're not allowed to post them, the mods will delete them.

>As long as it's SFW can I post it here?
Yes, as long as there are no NSFW images.
>>
>>48344977
>he doesn't read through a CYOA before making a build

You already seem to be a monkey. What's wrong with trying to get you to dance?
>>
>>48344977
>I'm saying that this exact thing will kill the drive for me. I already know I can post and talk about my build.
>You make me feel like a dancing monkey.
I can totally appreciate not wanting there to be "bonus points" for writing, which is exactly why I solicited opinions in the first place, and why I'm seriously considering them.

But, if me just saying something like "I'd love to see your builds!" is enough to make someone recoil... well, that's not something I feel driven to adjust for.
>>
File: image.jpg (723KB, 1360x3284px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
723KB, 1360x3284px
>>48345016
>>
>>48345016
>More waifu CYOA
Anon velive in you
>>
File: image.jpg (763KB, 1360x2974px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
763KB, 1360x2974px
>>48345051

>>48345029
CYOA's banned? Do the mods just hate fun there?
>>
>>48345071
The mods don't consider anything but porn and very brief conversations about porn to belong on the board.
>>
File: image.jpg (718KB, 1360x3036px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
718KB, 1360x3036px
>>48345071

>>48345051

>>48345053
I'm sorry?
>>
>>48345071
>Do the mods just hate fun there?
It might be how shitposters often seem to overwhelm the thread with their rollposts.
>>
File: image.jpg (658KB, 1360x3036px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
658KB, 1360x3036px
>>48345091
>>48345071
>>48345051

>>48345084
Eurgh, twats.
>>
>>48344599
sounds good to me as I often write a rubbish bit of fluff anyway
ùpre fluff might mean more interaction and rp down the road so I'm all for it
>>
>>48345034
>he doesn't read through a CYOA before making a build
this is bad why? Am I having badwrongfun if I do the cyoa as I read it?
>>48345041
> if me just saying something like "I'd love to see your builds!" is enough to make someone recoil... well, that's not something I feel driven to adjust for.
It's your cyoa, and I'm an anonymous voice among many. You can do whatever you feel like, but you asked for opinions and I posted mine.
And no, posting "please post your builds" doesn't affect me. Saying "please write something if you enjoyed it <3<3<3", will.
Something about jerking yourself off to what you made, like the example I included. He actually thought a cyoa where you had no control, made no real CHOICE, was good enough to beg people to write.
>>
>>48345091
Do it JUST DO IT
>>
File: image.jpg (1011KB, 1500x4882px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1011KB, 1500x4882px
>>48345095
Welp, ban roll fags. Or just post non roll based cyoa's. sounds like mods aren't thinking it through
>>
>>48345124
I admit I don't necessarily understand how to discern the line between the two quotations you give.

Regardless of what I end up doing, the opinion is appreciated, even if I disagree. Especially if I disagree, really.
>>
>>48345124
It's not really about jerking yourself off. Well, I mean, it can be. But it's more about getting people to actually have interesting conversations.

Although, that said, a good, proper CYOA will inspire conversations one way or another. The Super Soldier CYOA is a fine example, since it so easily allows builds to coexist in the same narrative.

Actually, that's something to consider. Rather than posting an explicit request to talk about your build, it might be more valuable to create a narrative context in which builds can more easily interact with each other.

>>48345041
Would that make sense, acheld? Perhaps some variant of region-locking or another drawback that allows multiple 'players' to exist in the same trip to the past? I mean, that's just a spitball, but it seems like the kind of thing that would accomplish your goal.
>>
>>48345179
>drawback that allows multiple 'players' to exist in the same trip to the past
Brilliant idea; I'll think about that. "Shared World"
>>
>>48345155
>Or just post non roll based cyoa's.
Doesn't stop the shitrolls. Directing them to an off-site random number generator doesn't work, either.
>>
From a certain point of view adding fluff to a build makes it less masturbatory and autistic. Why? Because it makes it readable and potentially interesting to others. While posting a dry numbers-and-options-only build does not communicate much, writefagging requires one to think of how it might be received. It becomes part of a dialogue, or at the very least a intelligible monologue.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2044px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2044px
>>48345145
You'll have to wait at least a week, my new monitor hasn't come in the mail, anon. I'll become a tripfag so you know it's me if you like.
>>
>>48344599
We have enough cringy purple prose in these threads as it is
>>
>>48345161
you don't understand there's a difference between builds and fluff? I guess it isn't a logical thing.
>>48345179
>it's more about getting people to actually have interesting conversations.
and if you did a good job that would happen on its own. It's just that that specific method is a complete mood killer for me.
And then you said the exact same thing.
>more valuable to create a narrative context in which builds can more easily interact with each other.
Yes. I agree absolutely. I love it when it's possible to have people interact, but you aren't forced to if you prefer not to.
Only downside to a cyoa like SS is it so quickly devolves into dickwaving.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1200x5000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1200x5000px
>>48345200
yeah, plus the fags who need to post their builds but don't post porn. scum of the earth desu
>>
>>48342732
Yes. Plus locations where magic flows more easily, like nodes in master of magic. Stuff like that.
>>
File: Choice of Smalltext - Page 2.jpg (2MB, 2380x1964px) Image search: [Google]
Choice of Smalltext - Page 2.jpg
2MB, 2380x1964px
>>48345225
Here's the other page.
>>
>>48345243
I'm sure that opinions are split on this, and I respect that, I do, but for me the prose is the only thing worth reading about most builds. With the exception of builds for my CYOA (which I read all of), I don't even look at the builds of other people unless there is some degree of writing, even if it's just a background blurb. I don't care to read anyone else's list of choices for its own sake, and I'd be surprised if someone told me they cared about my list.

>>48345221
Pretty close to my thoughts.
>>
>>48345225
I can wait and for the tripfag thing I don't mind one way or the other
>>
>>48345289
Psst. I won't post it here, because I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to, but I made a jumpchain for Master of Magic last year. Don't know if that's your thing, but should be easy to find if you wished to.

Thanks for the input, regardless.
>>
>>48345291
>Watch Humanity Prosper
also some of these images' redimensionalization are MESSED UP dude
>>
>>48345254
After skimming this CYOA over the course of the last several threads, I finally figured out a build I'd actually make.

View:Midnight, Clear
Items:Bookshelf, Desk, Bed
Companion:Post-human, magically-empowered FAI
Other: Blinds, Radio, Carpets, Fan

FAI consensually modifies my brain to alter my perception of comfiness, oneshot to omnipotence.
>>
>>48345303
>, but for me the prose is the only thing worth reading about most builds
true
"Builds" that are numbers with nothing else, I skip those. I have no clue what he plans to do.
>>
>>48345331
can it be played without any prior jump?
>>
File: Cuddle CYOA.png (3MB, 1200x5500px) Image search: [Google]
Cuddle CYOA.png
3MB, 1200x5500px
>>48345254
You've got an old version of that friendo.
>>
>>48345348
This is a known problem which the author has decided to not fix.
>>
>>48344599
I dislike it. It awards native speakers and autists alike while leaving those who have more trouble writing down their thoughts to suck a dick. I usually ignore it or take the points for free. Maybe write down something in my native language for the author to decipher.
>>
>>48345359
>oneshot to omnipotence
how?
>>
>>48345382
Definitely. There is a "drawback" to lock all previous powers for the duration of the jump, even. I designed it as a standalone that CAN be part of a jumpchain. Honestly, it would be the work of like an hour to "re-skin" it to be a CYOA. The only thing particularly jumpchain-y about it is it's point structure (1000 points, etc.)
>>
>>48345411
>Maybe write down something in my native language for the author to decipher.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>48345412
Companion's powers can only be used in service of comfiness. I assumed that "comfiness" as a concept is derived from my internal preferences, and I can't just say out loud "comfiness to me is unlimited magical powers that I can acquire and use outside of this dimension," but if I use an FAI that has my preferences in mind, it can alter my mental conceptualization of comfiness, repeatedly if necessarily, until we can rewrite all the rules in service of attaining infinite power.

It might take some trial and error as we learn the limits of comfiness as a concept, but as long as comfiness is the highest virtue, we can game the system by redefining terms.
>>
>>48345051
I've been pondering about how to break this cyoa during the weekend and I think I solved it. Bare with me as I post my build and explanation on how it works, the autism will be absolutely overwhelming.

Name: Mary Sue
Origin: Innate
Appearance: Weak (Waifish young girl)
Faction: Agency

Perks: Unique Weapon/Safehouse/Identity/Boot Camp/Expert/Authority/Defector

Drawbacks: Hated/Valuable/Neutered/Aging/Controlled/Limited/Bodyguard/Traitor/Memory Loss

Abilities:
Strength 3/Agility 3/Endurance 3/Durability 3/Enhanced Senses 3/Reflexes 2/Immunity 3/Mind Reading 3/Mind Control 3/Self Healing 3/Social Enhancer 2
Weapon Mastery 1: Unique Weapon/Unarmed Mastery 3: Mary Sue-Fu/Predator 2/Power Burst 3/Mental 3/Focus 3/Training 3/Inheritable 3

Allies:
Yuito Kataoka/Alex Keller/Clone

Foes:
Big Mike/Fiona Dawley/Immortal/Unknown

Starting Abilities:
Mind Reading 3/Mind Control 3/Inheritable 3 the rest doesn't matter.

Clone Starting Abilities:
Strength 3/Agility 3/Durability 3/Endurance 3/Stylish 3/Self Healing 3 The general idea here is to be a good combatant.

Unique Weapon: a gunblade fusion between a Zweihander and a 30 mm lever action short barrel anti-material rifle, chambered for telescoped caseless smart munitions or something equally befitting for a Mary Sue.
>>
>>48345464
ooooh i get it
very LessWrongey
>>
>>48344494
AW YEAH YIPPEE KAY-AYE FUCKERS IT'S TIME FOR SOME CYOA
WIZARD'S APPRENTICE: START

My mentor? Probably the fucking Entity dude, because that's cooler than a fucking book or some dude. Astral, Lunar, Abyssal and Meteoric. EIGHT MAJOR POWERS FUCKERS.

ASTRAL. MAGIC. There is NOTHING cooler than that shit famalam. Telepathy is a NO-BRAINER, and of course I'd want to detect shit with my Wave of Detection!

Meteoric Magic? EVEN BETTER. Let's get a fucking pair of CELESTIAL WINGS yo, because flying is nice.

Lunar time because this is some evilness happening.We're gonna take Lichdom and Swarmers, as well as a Banshee.

Abyssal Magic because C'thululul and shiiiit gives my fucking kickass mage the ability to Puppeteer and to Sap Will.

I HAVE BEST WIZARD YOU FUCKERS AND HIS NAME IS JORGIE.
>>
>>48345388
This version adds more options but not more points to accompany it. less comfy tbqh
>>
>>48341149

Good.
>>
>>48341149
I love you. Let me kiss you, Anon.
>>
>>48345485
Cute.
>>
>>48345485
Retarded gameplan:
I'm going to awaken all the abilities in my clone via inheritable 3 the ability, since my clone is technically a blood relative due to having identical genes as mine, I do not need to spend months of concentration to achieve this, my clone being my closest ally will awaken all my dormant abilities in turn thus granting me access to all of my powers within mere weeks and circumventing the limited drawback entirely.

Now that my clone and I have access to ALL our powers, this means one of us can always confidently and competently bodyguard our high ranking official from most if not all threats or follow direct commands while the other can go off to do more important things in secret. The key thing here is to hide the fact that there are two of us from my faction, via hiding away one of us in our perfectly hidden emergency bunker safehouse.

The next step is to eliminate all of our foes by turning them all into our most beloved friends. Big Mike, the Immortal and Fiona Dawley are the most susceptible to our mind control and will be the easiest to condition to be our BFFs, the former two foes being too stupid or slow minded to resist and the latter only being a regular human without access to any high tech, magic or supernatural powers or defenses.

The trickiest foe is the Unknown, my only hope of befriending him is detecting him early through enhanced senses 3 and just brute force mind conditioning him with the combine mind control 3 powers from my clone and I. And if he manages to infiltrate my faction and get close to any of us within visual range, than social enhancer 2 truth detection effect and mind reading 3 will quickly divine who the Unknown is shape shifted as.

Continued
>>
>>48345529
Now that all of my foes are my best fucking friends forever and ever, the next phase of my plan is going to be absolutely bullshit but I think given how my powers work the way I interpret how they function at least still operates within the boundaries of autistic rationality.

I am going to use inheritable 3 to give the Unknown and the Immortal inheritable 3 and whatever powers to cure them of their physical or mental problems. And in return willingly or forcibly through mind control have them give me and my clone their powers within a couple of years.

This means several things, first my clone and I now have access to true immortality and cannot die,if something was to happen to us than we will simply come back better and stronger and second we have access to perfect shapeshifting.

The implications of this means the bodyguard and accelerated aging drawback is entirely circumvented, and depending on how you interpret perfect shapeshifting, it either means inheriting shapeshifting 3 or acquiring some higher form of shapeshifting that circumvents the uncanning drawback (which I didn't take), or at the very least I can use the shapeshifting to mask my greatly aged appearance, still a win-win.

The next few things are just stuff to improve my quality of life. I am going to mind control Alex Keller and every individual that is directly and indirectly funding the Agency, this not only grants me access to nearly unlimited finances but also provides me with a subtle way of controlling and influencing the Agency from my relatively weak position.

Overtime I hope to get a extremely mentally conditioned and loyal Alex Keller promoted as the head director of the Government Agency or some other high profile and easily mind controllable government official and have them remove the control drawback from my original super soldier creation procedures as a reward for years of loyal and outstanding service and get me promoted in the process.

Continued.
>>
>>48345588
After that I am going to have Yuito Kataoka fine tune my powers and teach me how to manufacture the rare and expensive drug I need to keep my body from tearing itself apart, my safehouse will obviously house a enormous supply of the suppressant along with all the facilities and materials required to produce more.

After a couple of decades and with everyone in the agency knowing that the accelerated aging process will be the death of me, fake my own death, get new identity papers made and come back as a fresh new super soldier recruit. Hell eventually become the head of the agency sooner or later and be tasked with finding potential super soldier candidates, mind control them to select powers I not possess yet just to have them give them to me through inheritable 3.

In this way and thanks to Training 3, I will possess every single power available to every other origin and be able to develop those powers beyond level 3 capability and in the process probably mind condition the entire human race to accept and tolerate super soldiers and other parahumans and supernatural individuals such as myself.

Hell eventually exploiting Inheritable 3, I could probably uplift humanity to be my equal.
>>
File: kniveschau.gif (489KB, 455x242px) Image search: [Google]
kniveschau.gif
489KB, 455x242px
>>48345485
>>48345529
>>48345588
>>48345648
>>
>>48344729
>>Size
>Colossal
Enjoy being retarded.
Colossal size is a trap option.
>>
>>48345588
>am going to use inheritable 3 to give the Unknown and the Immortal inheritable 3 and whatever powers to cure them of their physical or mental problems. And in return willingly or forcibly through mind control have them give me and my clone their powers within a couple of years.

Absolute fucking madman.

The scary part is, I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work besides going full strawman fallacy and saying those foes all have immunity to mind control.
>>
File: 1399281719536.png (3MB, 1500x5400px) Image search: [Google]
1399281719536.png
3MB, 1500x5400px
>>48345155
>>
>>48345819
There's a few problems. Inheritable doesn't let you pick and choose powers. Your clone actually starts out with all your powers, but not necessarily with all your drawbacks. Trying to keep a clone secret while also needing to keep it supplied with Suppressant will be very difficult.

At the very least, the idea of relying on Clone ally + Inheritable to bypass Limited is a cool plan.
>>
>>48345916
In hindsight should have swapped out suppressant for uncanny.

But if I can't pick or choose what powers to awaken in others, I might as well awaken all of them, hoping and praying I have mentally conditioned and/or reformed them to be upstanding loyal and rational individuals, that the Immortal and Unknown will do me the favor and grant me their powers through inheritable 3, because inheritable 3 itself is a ability coded into my genes and thus can be awakened in others.
>>
>>48346023
That's the thing. Inheritable makes YOUR abilities transferable. If Immortal is magically empowered, or if Unknown uses nanomachines, those powers cannot be transferred.

But since this character is a Mary Sue, I expect all her opponents will have genetic abilities that are definitely transferable.
>>
>>48345051
Origin: Nanomachines son
Appearance: Athletic
Faction: Renegades
Perks: Unique Weapon (Plasma Katana), Armor (Ninja Power Armor), Authority, Defector
Drawbacks: Suppresant, Hated, Valuable, Traitor, Pain (+15 Points)
Abilities (40 Points): Strength 3, Agility 3, Reflexes 3, Self Healing 3, Mental 3, Unarmed Mastery 3, Analysis 3, Weapon Mastery 1 (Katana), Durability 2, Enhanced Senses 2, Stealth 2, Immunity 2, Focus 2, Social Enhancer 2, Endurance 2, Stylish 2, Nanite Transfer 2
Allies: Lindsey Reyes, Yuito Kataoka, The Prototype (Defector)
Enemies: Immortal, Jim Boyce (Traitor)
>>
>>48346234
>But since this character is a Mary Sue, I expect all her opponents will have genetic abilities that are definitely transferable.

That's the big one million dollar assumption isn't it?

I guess I didn't come up with a foolproof way to break this cyoa. Back to the drawing board.
>>
>>48337888
Damm, that martial arts option is getting my juices flowing. Is there already a good martial arts cyoa?
>>
>>48346453
Alot of the techniques in this cyoa are Martial arts related.
>>
>>48345051
>>48345071
>>48345091
>>48345114

Origin:
Innate

Appearance:
Athletic

Faction:
Factionless

Abilities:
Endurance level 3 -3
Durability level 3 -3
Immunity level 2 -2
Mind Reading 3 -3
Self Healing 3 -2
Social Enhancer 3 -3
Shapeshifting 3 -3
Mental 3 -3
Focus 3 -3

Perks:
Expert

If anything Factionless should prevent you from taking allies rather than perks, but whatever. I'm a shapeshifting genius with supernatural charisma, I'll just disappear somewhere and live out the life of a typical "Chad".
>>
>>48346379
Cheer up anon, your inheritable 3 trick would work on anyone with mutagen and innate origins, because the powers from those origins are derived from a person's coded genes. Innate naturally has them already encoded while mutagen individuals had new genes spliced into them.

That means out of a possible 39 abilities, if given enough time to scout out potential mutagenic and innate origin super soldiers with no mind control immunity or defense, you could potentially acquire 32 of that total, this includes some of the more OP abilities like infection, adaptability and Self Improvement.
>>
>>48340356
>>48340432

What are you talking about regarding Ira?
>>
>>48346960
The lowdown is that Ira is a nympho loli. Some people like that, those people picked Ira in the first version.

Come the second version, Ferrean added the mission section, where he revealed that Ira was actually cursed into being a nympho loli, was originally neither, and wants you to help her undo it by beating up some magical girl.

This obviously upset people who liked her, because it meant that the only moral thing to do would be to turn her back. However doing so completely changes her body and personality into someone else, meaning they'd no longer be the Ira they liked so it's a raw deal. You could not do so if you want, but then you'd be a complete and total immoral monster for forcing someone into being what they don't wish to.

Somehow Ferrean didn't understand why this would upset people who liked Ira.
>>
>>48341285
>so they can be told to post tits then cry about it, post them anyway, and cry more when someone says something about the color or size of their nipples, shape of their breasts, or how asymmetrical they are
You're talking about Angel, aren't you?
>>
>>48347084

Did she ever post naked tits?
>>
File: Sadly, Clothed.png (343KB, 612x336px) Image search: [Google]
Sadly, Clothed.png
343KB, 612x336px
>>48347169
Only covered.
>>
>>48340117
Clipped Wings
Timeless 1+2
Magic 1+2
Hide 1+2
Grace 1
Senses 1+2
Strength 1
Element:Earth

Like, apparently, everyone else, I have no interest in those shitty waifus. I intend to study magic in my subterranean lab, gain power, and generally just have fun with my abilities. I almost considered blowing off one of my limbs for a bit more power, but decided against it.
>>
>>48347333
>answering a rhetorical question

Benefit of the doubt I suppose, it is kind of hard to pick up the intent behind a given message when it's limited entirely to text.

No, I was not speaking of her specifically.
>>
>>48347041
Failure is always an option. Then you both get to be nympho lolis and you don't have to feel "immoral" about it.
>>
>>48347532
But you are immoral for doing it. Whether or not you can FEEL like that anymore, you made that decision beforehand and are a terrible person
>>
>>48347364
Didn't pick up on the intent of the post. My bad.
>>
>>48340117
>>48340179
The worst part about the update is that dragons are now a whole lot weaker. Lamias are a danger to them, magical girls can give them life-ruining curses, etc. Dragons are supposed to be ancient kings amongst mythological beasts, not overgrown lizards.
>>
>>48343750
Slav, Tennis Player, Police Officer

Easy.
>>
>>48347690

It's all good, like I said, benefit of the doubt. Happens to all of us plenty of times I'm sure.
>>
>>48344599
I like it, not very often that I actually bother to take the option though.
>>
I hate everything right now. But, mostly, I hate trying to make a magic system that is both flexible and comprehensible at the same time.

Attached is 0.9.1 of the DLC. The only thing changed since the last is the system for assigning magic to species. If any anons want to read it over and tell me if it's shit, I'd appreciate it. I mean, I know the last version system was shit, I just don't know if this is less so.

You can page search to "Assigning Magic"; that and the next section, "Magic Balance". 1 page in total. You don't need to read the "Defining Magic" section, though of course you can if you like.
>>
>>48345752
>implying the queen in endless legend isn't retarded
it was all thematic
>>
>>48348248
>Hostiles only add half their value
no thanks. Enemies are innately a a bigger deal than friends, they should start out paying you back their full price.

I also feel like it's harder to make the whole world magical unless you make them all neutral, just because making allied species magical now costs more.

It's also more expensive to give humans magic, which I hate, because now level 1 costs 2 points and not 1 point for Learned. Not something I'm remotely a fan of.

Overall it's just a big nerf without any advantages.
>>
>>48348395
>harder to make the whole world magical
I appreciate the input, truly, and that you took the time, but this is factually false. I actually made this change largely to make it easier to do this.

In the last version, 0.9, the only way you could make the whole world magical is if you had at least as many enemies as friends.

Here, you can do exactly that as well. If you have, for example, one major threat in opposition to you, and as many hostile species as friendly species, then the cost to give everything in the world every magic is exactly... zero. Because the "good guys" and the "bad guys" exactly cancel out.

And, this actually gives you much more flexibility than the last version. Previously, you literally could not make the whole world magical if you had more friendly creatures than hostile creatures, but now you can.

>more expensive to give humans magic...
Also false. The only magic that is more expensive than the last version is the Everyone option, and the Rare option is cheaper than last version . Learned is exactly the same cost as last version: 2 points per level for humans.
>>
>>48348395
>>48348484
I went back to 0.8 to check, just in case that was what you were comparing to, and literally the ONLY thing that is more expensive to give is if you want to have every member of a species inherently learn the magic. In all other ways it either makes things cheaper, or more flexible, or both.

If you could elaborate on what you think is worse, though, perhaps I could make things clearer. I'm not attempting to be dismissive.
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.