[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 61

File: A4B7A4DEA4D1A4F3B4B0C0AE.jpg (1003KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
A4B7A4DEA4D1A4F3B4B0C0AE.jpg
1003KB, 850x1201px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Stat these things in the pic and maybe they will come for your party next :3

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: https://mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48311524
>>
File: veilweavers.gif (485KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
veilweavers.gif
485KB, 272x251px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w

Come all you autist men
Listen to me
I'll sing you a song of the 'shit Mysteries

And its TRAP-FILLED VEIL LISTS, boys
NO PLAYTESTING, boys
When it uploads
We'll bantz together, boys

There's a race here with
Plus 4 Int and flight
Thick-headed Ssalarn, boys, publish he goes!
>>
>>48319252
Ugh, shitpost OP.
>>
>>48319252
Of the Optional/Variant Campaign Rules, are there any that just make the game better as a whole, or are they all mostly just personal preference choices?
>>
File: 1459040451676.gif (2MB, 420x428px) Image search: [Google]
1459040451676.gif
2MB, 420x428px
How fetishy is this monster? It seems perfect for getting through a paladin's saves and immunities to mind control and tentacle rape them.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/griefgall
>Parasitize (Su)

>As a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, a griefgall can implant itself or a seedling inside an adjacent helpless or willing humanoid's throat.

>An implanted seedling becomes a fully grown griefgall in 1 minute, during which time the seedling can be removed by a creature other than the target with a successful DC 20 Heal check. An implanted griefgall's filaments infiltrate the host's nervous system, controlling the host as dominate person. This control is not prevented by protection from evil or similar effects, nor does the host receive saving throws to resist control. Each day, the griefgall deals 1d2 points of Charisma damage to its host by feeding on its emotions.

>The griefgall shares the same space as its host without detriment to either, uses its flowers to see and hear, and can attack independently of its host, including with its tendrils from within the host's mouth.
>>
Would you play an usagimimi aurora soul mystic who crafts everything, even magical dresses and skirts for himself?
>>
File: 1427223062443.jpg (59KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1427223062443.jpg
59KB, 554x439px
>>48319329

Apparently fetishy enough for you to like it.
>>
>>48307365
>>48307451
>>48307627

Is it true that /pfg/ is "Magical Realm General"?
>>
>>48319362
Just read what's already been posted so far. Not even a dozen replies in and it should be pretty obvious...
>>
>>48319362
I hang out in both pfg and 5eg, and holy crap is pfg the magicallest realm in the kingdom
>>
>>48319362
I find more fetish fuel in /pfg/ than I do in /d/.

Ironically, I also found a better gaming group in /d/ than I ever did in /pfg/
>>
File: 1460808614070.png (292KB, 784x755px) Image search: [Google]
1460808614070.png
292KB, 784x755px
The two races adjacent to blinklings in Bloodforge:

Alicorn:
>Alicorns are a rare and magical kind of halfbreed - the children of elves and unicorns. Their conception is rare and often aided by magic, and many generations of elves see no alicorns at all, or what few alicorns do exist remain in the wilderness with their parents who are, more often than not, an elven druid or ranger and their unicorn mate.

Decataur:
>Elves and centaurs dwell very closely to each other, often within the same forests, and it is not necessarily a surprise that romances develop every so often between open-minded individuals on both sides. Decataurs are both the children of such unions and the descendants of those children, a half-breed race that also runs in its own herds. Though less numerous than either of their parent races, decataurs have a society of their own, usually existing as part of elven nations or within centaur-controlled lands.

So not only do halflings bone blink dogs, but elves bang unicorns and centaurs too?

Gee, Gareth, you sure love some kinky stuff...
>>
>>48319490
>tfw elves literally fuck horses
>>
File: horse pussy 2.png (298KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
horse pussy 2.png
298KB, 500x407px
>>48319490
It's a long honored tradition, unlike, you know, banging dogs.
>>
>>48319362
Pathfinder has two groups of players:

The first group of players are the ones that want typical fantasy adventures full of swords and magic and overcoming dragons and demons and ancient necromancers. For some reason this group hasn't updated to DnD 5th Edition even though it's VASTLY superior as a game. My personal opinion is that they spent so long mastering PF's convoluted rules that they're either afraid of the effort of doing it again with a new system (even though 5e isn't nearly as much of a mess) or are afraid of not knowing how to make a better character than everyone else.

The second group are players who don't really care what the game is about, they just wana play female kitsune who are really boys, 12 year old cat girls, and kobolds with tentacles.

The first group is rapidly shrinking as people find better games. The second group is rapidly growing as Paizo publishes expansion material on the fur races and weeaboo anime bullshit which said group uses to justify being "that" guy in Pathfinder while every other game tells them to knock that shit off. You hardly see ANY Magical Realm shit in 5e General.

All that being said, I'm still stuck playing Pathfinder because my IRL game group won't play anything else.
>>
Do alicorns have horsedicks, /pfg/?
>>
File: cav1QKY.png (246KB, 529x697px) Image search: [Google]
cav1QKY.png
246KB, 529x697px
>>48319490
>>
>>48319522
Let me tell you a secret.

That's not a horn.
>>
File: 1460809203627.png (374KB, 800x969px) Image search: [Google]
1460809203627.png
374KB, 800x969px
>>48319505
>>48319509

>A young alicorn tends to be awkward, and grows into grace later in life. Their bodies are extremely expressive; alicorn eyes shift color to match their moods, and they have remarkable control of their ears, being able to swivel and fold them. In most cases, an alicorn’s emotional state is written on their sleeve for all to see, and as a result most alicorns don’t bother attempting deception and deal with others honestly.

Alicorns have color-changing eyes and prehensile ears, like a DeviantArt OC.

>>48319518
>Paizo

I think you mean DSP.

>>48319522
Alicorns are bipedal. Decataurs are the ones with the horse bodies.
>>
>>48319579
>Alicorns are bipedal. Decataurs are the ones with the horse bodies.
I didn't ask about horse bodies.
>>
Tell me what you think /pfg/.

For barbarian, fighter, monk and rogue archetypes that replace the same class feature, up to three such archetypes can be taken together at once.
>>
File: boyharpy or girlharpy.png (595KB, 894x1350px) Image search: [Google]
boyharpy or girlharpy.png
595KB, 894x1350px
Kestrels! Halfling + harpy.

>Eventually, as the presence of harpies became simply part of the settlement, the first kestrels were born.

>APPEARANCE
>Kestrels look mostly like someone crossed a halfling with a bird; their legs are feathered and end in sharp talons, and they have large, vulture-like wings which may sprout from their shoulders or be attached to their arms (kestrel children learn early on how to combine gliding and tool use, lest they be saddled with embarrassing nicknames). Kestrels have large feathered tails to aid in flight, and may have feathers instead of hair. Dark-colored hair, feathers, and eyes are exceedingly dominant, with rare specimens being a light gray instead of brown or black. Kestrel have beautiful, many-layered voices that are capable of hitting a wide range of musical notes.

>Kestrels tend to dress lightly - they have to be able to glide and fly, after all - and favor coloring their skin or feathers to accessorizing. Light armor is popular with kestrel warriors, as is ranged weaponry. It is exceedingly rare to see a kestrel that is less than fastidiously groomed.

Fun-sized mini-harpy singers who "dress lightly" and keep themselves "fastidiously groomed." Would you take one as a pet, /pfg/?
>>
Alright so apparently large sized weapons and armor cost twice as much but how about huge and gargantuan? Will they be x4 and x8 respectively or does the pricing stop at large?
>>
>>48319605
How does that even work? Do you just pick of the three replacements you actually want?
>>
>>48319610
2hu, I can't tell if this is Gareth-bait, or if you're trying to finally move us on from blinkling shotas, but either way, thanks.
>>
>>48319611
Also what about masterwork, do you apply the cost for masterwork before or after you mod the price?
>>
>>48319618
That isn't 2hu.
>>
>>48319462
I found my gaming group on a hentai forum. It seems people who regularly partake in their magical realms manage to "get it out of their system" so to speak. Then when game night comes around, they don't have the overwhelming urge to fetishize everything bursting at the seams to get out and bastardize the game.
>>
>>48319610
Can I breed an Alicorn and a Decataur together? What about a Kestrel and a Blinkling?
>>
>>48319638
Why stop there, cross a Decataur and a Blinkling, get you one with a knot AND a flare.
>>
>>48319635
I was personally invited into my group rather than finding it anywhere.
And our games are amazingly tasteful. Lewds are exceedingly rare and approached very carefully when they do happen, though we do have lewd jokes fairly often.
>>
File: 1451903812799.jpg (169KB, 910x815px) Image search: [Google]
1451903812799.jpg
169KB, 910x815px
>>48319490

Elves also get hot under the collar with nagas.

Sthein:
>The assistants who stay are almost universally elves, as their long life aids in sympathizing with the naga’s own experiences. In turn, the long-lived (even to an elf) naga find lasting companionship for the first time in hundreds of years. This companionship - along with the royal naga’s natural shapeshifting - sometimes leads to offspring, the elf-naga crossbreed known as the sthein.

>APPEARANCE
>The sthein resembles a well-muscled but slim elf up from the waist; below that is a sinuous serpentine body. The scales that cover their lower portion are usually of a pearlescent hue; their upper bodies are also usually oddly colored. Sthein have a fearsome visage. Their skin is usually a color on the scale between green and blue, with eyes a solid yellow, green, or white and coupled with the sharp fangs of their naga parentage, outsiders tend to view sthein as demonic creatures. This couldn’t be further from the truth, however, and they like to keep their scales gleaming and their hair well-kept in an effort to combat their often horrific appearance.

>Sthein favor their humanoid forms for the most part, feeling uncomfortable around others in their serpentine form. They often try to pass themselves off as odd-looking elves.

Classic naga/lamia folk. Why does /pfg/ need a lamia race in the pastebin when we have these?
>>
>>48319657
Trixies, though. Gnomes and pixies don't fuck, they just become such good friends they vomit up a seed, plant it, and a kid grows. It's like a lie you tell your kids!
>>
>>48319612
Yeah, basically you just ignore the fact the archetype is replacing the same class feature and take the archetype benefit regardless.
>>
File: 1466943918395.jpg (67KB, 276x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466943918395.jpg
67KB, 276x600px
The wulfkin are the living incarnation of /pfg/ awooo memes.

>It’s rare, but sometimes a humanoid joins the winter wolf’s pack. Almost inevitably theses are savage, evil humanoids - exiles from barbaric tribes, malicious rangers, or dark druids that call the tundras home. Integrating into the pack is difficult, but in rare and exceptional circumstances, the humanoid not only survives but thrives, proving their strength and their right to rule alongside, or even above, the winter wolf. If both are of an open enough mind, they join together as mates.

>Wulfkin are the rare and empowered children of these packs, the sons of snowfall. Driven out by their parents as a threat to their dominance, wulfkin are forced to find their own place in a world that not only despises their origins, but suspects them of the evil which gave rise to their life.

Remember, Greta is an exception! Most winter wolves CANNOT take on humanoid form!

>Humanoid Heritage: At first level a wulfkin must choose from the dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling, or human subtype. They gain the chosen subtype in addition to any other subtypes they possess.

Dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings, AND humans all like to make winter wolves go aw-aw-awooo. Winter wolves are popular after all!
>>
>>48319745
That entire book reads like someone was furiously masterbating whilst writing it and sniffing panties, and wheezing asthmatically.
>>
John Pathfinder here, in the Pathfinder 2e we'll be making soon, we've decided to make races more modular in order to better support animal hybrids. From now on, fluffy animal ears
come together with -2 Con. Fluffy animal tails come with -1 skill point/hd. Different-colored eyes can also be chosen, they come with -1 attack and AC. And every time you raise your hands and they're curled up like paws, you take 1 point of intelligence damage. I hope you are looking forward to this new and more flexible Pathfinder as much as we are.
>>
>>48319837
Mr. Pathfinder, sir! What options do you have for those of us whose builds require the One Single Fang?
>>
>>48319624
The masterwork cost is a flat +300gp added to the price of the weapon, so it's the same for all sizes.
>>
>>48319518
> VASTLY superior

Unless you want to build a character that's not identical to every other one in their class/archetype, or gods forbid, actually receive magic items on a regular basis.
>>
>>48319931
You know, I run a 5e game twice a week now, and I give out magic items like candy. The game balance doesn't give a shit about fun or cool items, it only cares about powerful items, the kind of shit you wouldn't get until high level in pathfinder, either. If +1s and +3s are so important to you that you won't even try the best TTRPG system to hit the mainstream since 2e, you know what, you _deserve_ Pathfinder.
>>
>>48319626
No, that's 100% definitely 2hu.
>>
>>48319518
We haven't upgraded because we both like the Path of War Subsystem and don't like the bounded scaling of 5e.
>>
>>48320008
Bounded Accuracy is literally one of the absolute best things to happen to DnD. The only people who have a problem with it are min-maxers who don't like that they can't cheese their way past the entire AC system by collecting enough +1 effects.
>>
File: 1462171994895.jpg (18KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1462171994895.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
>>48320019
Bounded accuracy would work for D&D if they didn't also shove in balors, pit fiends, etc. etc. as if it was still superhero fantasy.

5e is the first edition of D&D where balors, pit fiends, etc. etc. can be taken down by a few dozen peasant scouts using the MOB rules.
>>
>>48320019
Nah, man. Bounded accuracy is fucking shit. It means scrublord level 1s still have a chance to hit my elite level 17 ass.

I'm still trying to get my group to move to Exalted, because it's honestly a better system for the games we play, but they all know d20 too well and don't want to fix what isn't broken.
>>
>>48320041
Yeah, it's not like one of the most iconic works of fiction in the history of man ended with some random level 1 or 2 archer getting off a lucky shot and killing an elder dragon.

That kind of shit is GOOD.
>>
>>48320041
MOB rules are pretty retarded, you got me there.
>>
>>48320046
Yes, because when you reach level 17 clearly your elite high level ass turns into diamond and and a lowly level one could never possibly wound it even if they stand there swinging a battleaxe directly at it repeatedly. You know, just like how in anime you can be slammed directly into a boulder so hard you shatter it and take it no damage if you're strong enough!
>>
>>48320083
>Stop having badwrong fun! It's BAD and WRONG.
>>
>>48320107
...Could you be more of a hypocrite
>>
>>48320056
Bard the bowman was a legendary hero (with heroic ubermensch blood) using a legendary weapon.

Not a few dozen peasant archers.
>>
File: anon tried.gif (244KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
anon tried.gif
244KB, 300x300px
>>48320107
Reading comprehension fail.
>>
>>48320154
>legendary hero
He was a guard captain. He'd be lucky to have class levels.
>>
>>48320186
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard_the_Bowman
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Bard_the_Bowman

Also a descendant of the Lords of Dale with access to a legendary artifact.
>>
>>48320186
He was a guard captain with a slayer arrow and probably burned a fate point.

The black arrow was one that always killed its target and was always recoverable - that's some bloody magic right there.
>>
>>48320145
Sure, for example he could have willingly went into a general thread and then started bitching about the subject of said general thread and then started acting all offended when the other people in said thread didn't lay roses at his feet for kindly letting them know that he doesn't like the same thing they all do.
>>
>>48320207
Bloodline has nothing to do with class levels.

>>48320218
The Black Arrow explicitly did NOT always kill its target, it was just unbreakable, which, while technically a magical property, is pretty irrelevant to killing a dragon in one shot.
>>
>>48320186
>Your Guard Captains aren't at least 10th level fighters with maxed ranks in perception and sense motive.

How does your society function?

Our Guard Captains are 10th level - setting maximum - Vampires in an initiating class with full points in perception and sense motive. They need to be in order to keep the populace in check. How does your society function when any scrub adventurer could just roll on into town, murder the watch and take his choice of the local noblewomen as his warbride?
>>
>>48320236
It's almost like that's exactly the point of bounded accuracy, that scrub guardsman in sufficient numbers can overcome sheer levels. It's almost like that's literally the exact conversation we're having.
>>
>>48320273
Personally, my issue with bounded accuracy isn't combat (I'm fine with what it does to combat), but what it does to skills.

5e's yawning, all-consuming void where skill rules is is a problem for the game. Sure, the DM can fix it, but it's shitty that they outright FORCE the DM to either invent his own skill system, or force the players to play mother-may-I with skill checks.
>>
File: objection_by_phoenix_is_wright.png (20KB, 448x313px) Image search: [Google]
objection_by_phoenix_is_wright.png
20KB, 448x313px
>>48320157

As seen here >>48320107 5th edition guy is clearly disparaging the power level differances in Pathfinder characters, which is what the Pathfinder guy actualy wants as seen here >>48320046. As 5th edition guy is the one that takes the mocking tone about the higher power level, and by extension those that enjoy such things, I see no reason why "le badwrongfun maymay" would not be perfectly applicable.
>>
>>48320273
No, the Guardsmen are all scrubs who are only good for keeping peasants in line.

The Guard Captain, though, he and the dude he's grooming to be his successor are enough of a beast that you have to weigh the options - do we risk dying, or do we obey the laws. As is his function.

TL;DR: Fuck back off to 5e general so you can blow bounded accuracy's thick, meaty cock, since you love it so much.
>>
>>48320299
I understand this complaint, though personally, I enjoy that the skill system is as rules-light as possible. d20 skill systems have always been a mess, so the RAW staying as far away from it as possible is a big plus to me, and I don't mind assigning DCs on the fly, nor do my players mind trying to figure out how to apply whatever relevant skill they may have
>>
>>48320344
I just wish that they had made the skill system rules-light, but functional. They were already using FATE Points; they could have done something similar to FATE's rolls with skills and gotten a very simple, lightweight way to run it that didn't have the problems with bounded accuracy.

But they didn't, and we have this mess. In a good group, it's fine, but in a bad group it's a nightmare, and there's no way to tell how skills will work without sitting down your DM to discuss it.

It makes actually enjoying the game's mechanics quite hard when I literally can't theorycraft it.
>>
>>48320403
What is there to theorycraft about 5e skills? They're completely binary, either you're good at something or you aren't. If you're a rogue or bard, you're double good at a couple.
>>
>>48320344
>>48320403
>>>/out/

If you want to talk about your titties and dragons edition, go to 5e General, please.
>>
Can someone explain the fluff behind a Witch and their powers? I'm still unclear on it. Like... why the fuck do the Witch-patrons give Witches their powers? To what end? They aren't like Clerics and misbehavior won't get their powers slapped away.

Like, how do witches even happen? Wizards go to school, Sorcerers presumably have some kind of X-men style awakening of their powers and so on, but what about Witches? How does a Witch go from average shlub to Witch?
>>
>>48319125
That's true, but I meant as far as the base design goes the original idea was, I assume, huge damage at basically no cost in exchange for only working in a target-rich environment. Sort of how like a Rogue gets good damage but only under specific circumstances. Flying workarounds aside.
>>
>>48320458
>implying pathfinder isn't at least 8000% tittier

>>48320468
It's literally a total mystery. The idea is that, whatever a witch does, it's advancing the cause of her mysterious, anonymous patron in some way. She's predestined to always be fitting into its schemes.
>>
>>48320483
I'll give you Pathfinder has more fetish bait, but I meant it in the sense of 5e being better suited to run a game in HBO/GRRM's Tits and Dragons setting. Which is FINE, but this is not the place to suck its cock like its the best thing since sliced bread.
>>
>>48319362
Why did you like back when you can look right at the OP of this very thread? This place is dead.
>>
>>48320236
In DSP Pathfinder, guard captains are level 9 PC-classers.

Guard veterans are level 6 PC-classers.

Generic town guards are level 2 PC-classers.

These were all written by Gareth.

>Heroic Guards?

>Town watchmen or city guards have often been represented as warriors or fighters, and usually have NPC class levels rather than heroic class levels. We’ve chosen to create heroic guards partially because these foes will frequently threaten the interests and activities of the player characters in a vampire-themed campaign, and because most NPC classes do not have the basic skills necessary for effective law enforcement. Especially because these NPCs must threaten the player characters in methods besides straight combat (such as by investigating their crimes or threatening a carefully-constructed front the vampires maintain to conceal their undeath), it is important that they have the ability to effectively do so and to represent the threat that mortals pose to vampires. After all, there’s got to be some reason that mortal society is not overrun with undead overlords.
>>
>>48320586
>After all, there’s got to be some reason that mortal society is not overrun with undead overlords.
Adventurers?
>>
>>48320581
look back*
>>
can you help me building a bard who demoralizes foes and helps friends?( 25 points build, no 3rd p)
>>
>>48320616
They didn't look back, that's from a completely different thread.
>>
>>48320672
Other threads discuss how degenerate this place is. Damn.
>>
>>48320608
The default assumption is that they're not common enough to really stop something like that.
>>
>>48320744
Regularly. We're a laughingstock. Especially this summer, because newfags hear our rep and assume it's the intention of the thread.

>>48320789
And when they do come up, adventurers rise to purge them.
>>
File: 1445271940742.jpg (147KB, 1497x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445271940742.jpg
147KB, 1497x1000px
>>48320744
Which threads?
>>
>>48320813
Random threads on random topics. Those ones are from a thread about playing pacifistic or innocent characters.
>>
File: gndsjgnejr.gif (1011KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
gndsjgnejr.gif
1011KB, 500x245px
>>48320806
>tfw you realize you're a regular on a goddamn containment thread
>>
File: c404666cab41708f4f1bc11a84e014a9.png (742KB, 1000x917px) Image search: [Google]
c404666cab41708f4f1bc11a84e014a9.png
742KB, 1000x917px
>>48319618
Gareth's own quest on this board (where he writes as Vox) is directly inspired by Monstergirl Quest and Monstergirl Encyclopedia.
>>
>>48320863
So, both, basically.

I thought he said it was inspired by Faerun's Undermountain?
>>
How did we end up being a containment thread? Where did we go wrong?
>>
>>48320863
What the hell?

I thought it was about necromancers and shit. That's what I thought when I saw bits and pieces browsing the board.
>>
>>48320992
It's pretty obvious, in retrospect. We've been hemorrhaging grognards to 5e for years, and Paizo's writing for the PFS crowd, so 3pp has nothing left but otaku and perverts left to cater to. Which is us.
>>
>2016
>Still playing Pathfinder
>>
>>48321042
>3pp has nothing left but otaku and perverts left to cater to
Hence, Bloodforge and shit like Augunas's book about his fursona.
>>
>>48321051
I'll move on when 5e gets initiation and point based spellcasting.
>>
>>48321051

DESU I think e5 is too simple. I kept watching my more normal friends move to it but I've refused to play it because urrr durrr every character ends up being the same. There's a glaring lack of character diversity in terms of specs and that sorta annoys me. That's why.
>>
>>48321064
You.. know it had point-based spellcasting from the start, right? That's the Sorcerer's basic schtick. And the Warlock, sort of.
>>
>>48321051
>YOU CAN ONLY GO THIS FAR AND NO FURTHER.

Fuck your closed ended systems.
>>
>>48321051
To me, half the fun of a TTRPG is character optimisation and crunch.
Therefore, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like 5e.
>>
>>48321103
>hat's the Sorcerer's basic schtick
No it isn't I see nothing about casting spells with points on the sorcerer page. Granted I'm looking online. They're still vancian casters.
>>
>>48321143
Sorcery points, mate. It's obfuscated so the grognards don't grump, but it's basically just point-based casting.
>>
>>48321141
>>48321076
>>48321064
>>48321064
>Implying 5e isn't just d20 shit the same as PF
Keep it casual, Pathfaggers.
>>
File: 55667172_p0.png (649KB, 920x1150px) Image search: [Google]
55667172_p0.png
649KB, 920x1150px
Does /pfg/ still love kitsune or are they old and tired compared to more monstrous races now?
>>
>>48320624
Blade of Mercy + Enforcer = "demoralizes foes"
Or, if you wish to avoid melee, you can just demoralize as an action. Whenever you'll get free to spare
everything else in bard = "helps friends"
>>
>>48321183
Kitsune don't have horsedicks. Alicorns are /pfg/ favoured race now.
>>
File: 1464739988342.png (244KB, 613x611px) Image search: [Google]
1464739988342.png
244KB, 613x611px
>>48321176
Sorcery points are, honestly, super-duper-fucking weak.

The 5e sorcerer is almost infinitely worse than the 5e wizard, holy shit.
>>
>>48321180
>ignores the only one that actually points out a serious flaw in 5e
Causal is right, 5thdora fag. That's all 4e and 5e are good for.
>>
File: Nogitsune Rule.jpg (53KB, 396x332px) Image search: [Google]
Nogitsune Rule.jpg
53KB, 396x332px
>>48321183
That kitsune needs to lay off the opium.
>>
>>48320871
>>48320925
Senpai noticed us
>>
>>48321215
>Reading Comprehension
>>
>>48321184
there is also buccaneer archetype for non lethal damage
>>
>>48321199
>Sorcery points are, honestly, super-duper-fucking weak.

>Quicken spell is weak guise!
>I'm good at this gaem!
>>
File: sj7v.jpg (45KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
sj7v.jpg
45KB, 495x700px
>>48321228
What makes you think she does opium?
>>
>>48321183
I love kitsune when they actually use their shapeshifting and magic to trick people, not when they are half-fae foxboypussies.
>>
File: blackfox.png (531KB, 920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
blackfox.png
531KB, 920x1200px
>>48321255
Quickened Spell is meh because you can cast ONLY a cantrip afterwards (and cantrips suck dick unless you're a warlock). It's in the rules for bonus action spells.

It's good for sorclocks. Otherwise, fuck it, just play a wizard instead.
>>
File: c6879531eb01b8cc9278d019d7ee74a8.png (524KB, 928x1250px) Image search: [Google]
c6879531eb01b8cc9278d019d7ee74a8.png
524KB, 928x1250px
>>48321266
There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing a foxboy kitsune.

Okay, there is. Kitsune stats suck. Aasimar with fox tail appearance table choice all the way.
>>
>>48319329
Congratulations, you read the previous thread.
>>
>>48321283
>cantrips suck dick
No, for real, are you actually literally retarded? I am honestly asking.
>>
>>48321334
My level 2 sorcerer will shoot a Fire Bolt for 1d10 damage! Surely that will be strong, right, right?

>meanwhile, in Great Weapon Master/Sharpshooter land...
>>
>>48320510

5e is more prone to sex, smut and general adult themes? This is news to me, I always saw 5e as being kind of dry and sex negative.
>>
>>48321064
>point based spellcasting
Variant: Spell Points (DMG, page 288). See you at the table.
>>
File: 1376387025120.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1376387025120.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>Extreme cold (below –20° F) deals 1d6 points of lethal damage per minute (no save). In addition, a character must make a Fortitude save (DC 15, +1 per previous check) or take 1d4 points of nonlethal damage.
>-20 F
>1d6 lethal damage per minute with no save
who wrote this? Texans?
>>
>>48321076
>>48321141

Wait, you guys prefer the character optimization and crunch more than crafting a unique personality and game story?
>>
>>48321423
I prefer having both, brah.
Pathfinder provides both, 5e provides only one.
2>1
>>
>>48321197

Knot >>> Horse-dick.

Skinwalker best.
>>
>>48321423
You can craft a unique personality and game story with FATAL or just by playing pretend, it doesn't exclude character optimization or crunch.
>>
>>48321416

You could look up the designers of 3.5e. Wasn't Gygax, he's from Chicago.
>>
>>48321423
That's not too uncommon. A lot of people prefer chargen to actually playing, even if they won't admit it. Most groups have had that guy who spends a week making a character, excited about it the entire way, and then gets bored of it two or three sessions in and wants to reroll.
I usually just let him play as an Adventurer's Guild
>>
>>48319733
Way too strong and solves almost zero problems.
>>
So...Can we talk less about animal penises and more about how power attack is a bad feat that you shouldn't take unless it provides most of your damage?

Please?

If I use my name it will stir up shit...but I think that would be better than this fetishposting.
>>
File: cat cleaver.jpg (1009KB, 1575x1339px) Image search: [Google]
cat cleaver.jpg
1009KB, 1575x1339px
>>48321471

Initiators love Power Attack because they can use it with Furious Focus for basically free damage all the time.
>>
>>48321471
Honestly, I always thought that was the case? Power attack is pretty bad if you have damage from elsewhere.

I miss 3.5's power attack tbqh. Letting you calibrate your power attack based on the situation made it actually good.
>>
>>48321485
That's two feats and based on BAB. In many cases youre better off getting something else.
>>
>>48321471
The worst this is when people feel down right insulted that I didn't come her to talk about animal dick and think they shouldn't.
>>
>>48321485
There are worse ways to get +damage on one attack per turn I guess. It does cost two whole feats and scales kinda slowly.

>>48321486
You see...people kept saying it was a 'mandatory feat" even on things like barbarians and archers.
>>
>>48321434
>muh muh feats
freaking casuals
>>
File: 1400628512290.jpg (139KB, 1000x732px) Image search: [Google]
1400628512290.jpg
139KB, 1000x732px
D&D5E just got its official Innistrad setting.

Is there anything alike in Pathfinder? Maybe around Ustalav?
>>
>>48321504
5.0 is abandonware and should be talked about in it's own thread.
>>
>>48321266
>>48321309

>tfw my character saved a fox from a trap early in the campaign
>tfw he got stuck with a mysterious benefactor that consistently stole things from nearby villages as offerings to him
>tfw she would scare away potential love interests with foxfire, ghostly meetings or outright possession.

That Kitsune was an annoying little shit, loved her to death though.
>>
>>48321495
On barbarians it actually IS good, because you have high accuracy and pounce to use with it, as well as some rage powers that benefit from it.

In 1pp it's often one of the better choices if only because decent feats are in short supply.

I almost never take it myself.
>>
File: c3ec06bfdb17d9875e7cb3a42e580765.jpg (314KB, 735x1122px) Image search: [Google]
c3ec06bfdb17d9875e7cb3a42e580765.jpg
314KB, 735x1122px
>>48321491
Hell no.

By +4 BAB, that's +6 damage for two feats. That's huge.
>>
>>48321529
It also potentially opens way to cut from the air if you aren't afraid of spending a feat on Martial Focus.
>>
File: Capture.png (150KB, 2487x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
150KB, 2487x1022px
>>48321522
>On barbarians it actually IS good
you say that, but the math doesn't really agree. This is a level 12 build btw.
>>
>>48321606
>D20 system
>Coherent statistics
Pick one
>>
>>48321614
...what?
Are you saying that math doesn't work?
>>
>>48321462

OH my god anon please that's me.
>>
>>48321606
>lvl 12
That means target AC is 27.
Against AC of 27, it's solid.
>>
>>48321606
Because +27 is too low for a level 12 barbarian
>>
>>48321606
>shit build, shit results
What else did you even expect, SHITPOSTER?
>>
>>48321616
No, the math is accurate, the underlying system is bullshit. Single die roll + modifier is ridiculous, especially when you have static 5% success/5% fail
>>
File: Capture.png (236KB, 616x162px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
236KB, 616x162px
>>48320041
This is a bold-faced lie. Most high level creatures have some form of area damage. Here's the Balor's.
>>
>>48321685
>what are ranged attacks?
>>
>>48321685
So the peasants have bows.
>>
But after all is said and done, what are your ABSOLUTE favorite race and class?
>>
>>48321471

I always take power attack because I always play martials.
>>
>>48321698
Race: Elves, I'm not a perv.
Class: Aegides.
>>
>>48321636
I mean yea, sure. But if you are killing things your level you probably aren't in much danger. The fights you really care about winning are the APL+4 fights, where the average AC is 31.

>>48321640
>>48321651
See attached.

I should expect this one more often. See attached. If you can make it better then do, but I think its already about as good as you can get.

I fully expect no replies on how to make the build better though.

>>48321652
I'm having problems understanding what you mean. I have accounted for natural 1s, natural 20s, crit threats that miss, etc. Could you explain further?

>>48321698
Warpriest. Want to be a fighter AND 2/3rds of a cleric with a free quicken spell once per turn?
>>
>>48321685
Monster Manual CR 1/2 scouts.

DMG mob rules (not actually a variant rule).

Balor = fucking destroyed by a few dozen peasant scouts

That shit literally cannot happen in 1e, 2e, 3.X, or 4e.
>>
>>48321719
>The fights you really care about winning are the APL+4 fights, where the average AC is 31.
Only shit DM's pit one APL+4 creature against a party. Any well-designed encounter has masses of enemies.
>>
>>48321698

My favorite class is Human and my favorite race is Warder (Zweihander Sentinel.)

I desperately want to try a well-built Kineticist though.
>>
>>48319518
As someone who has very low experience in tabletops (started with 4e, got scared of pathfinder but came to love it), 5e feels like it's lacking in class variety to me. This excuse kinda falls apart because I'm usually forced to play arcane casters that aren't summoner, but there's still options I suppose.
>>
>>48321731
Even in the cases where power attack does more damage per average, non-power attack has less variance in the damage it deals due to hitting more often for less.

In my experience variance is very bad for players. The players need to win over and over, while the monsters need to win only once.
>>
File: 108028.jpg (967KB, 900x1347px) Image search: [Google]
108028.jpg
967KB, 900x1347px
>>48321051

>2016
>not playing dungeon world

It's pretty much objectively one of the best currently out there. It has fast easy to use mechsnics and is perfect for beginners, it's a lot cheaper than most of these other rules bloated systems that cost fifty dollars. There is no reason for extra rules when it is he role playing that matters. Dungeon World is fast and innovative and still feels exactly like the spirit of ADND before DnD 3.5 destroyed the hobby and ruined a generation of role players.
>>
>>48321698
Tiefling. Investigator.

>>48321606
>>48321719
Your build is shit. Literally 10 second glance, lose one Extra Rage Power and Clear Mind, get Furious Focus.
>>
>>48321812
>It's pretty much objectively one of the worst currently out there.
FTFY. The creators took the mechanics of the Apocalypse World, misunderstood them, and then butchered them until they got something sufficiently "D&D-like" while ignoring everything that made AW a good game.
>>
File: White_Satin_Angora_Rabbit.jpg (73KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
White_Satin_Angora_Rabbit.jpg
73KB, 600x450px
So! Apparently the GM is going to turn the game mythic at some undisclosed point in the near future. As someone who's barely ever glanced at the SRD's mythic section, is there anything I ought to know? Trap options to stay the hell away from? Anything a Shield Champion Brawler could take to do some genuinely hilarious and/or heroic shit?
>>
File: DW Really Does Suck This Bad.png (361KB, 936x2685px) Image search: [Google]
DW Really Does Suck This Bad.png
361KB, 936x2685px
>>48321812
Shut up Virt.

No one wants to play your babby's-first-RPG. It's shit, the mechanics are shit, and the game itself is literally pointless.
>>
>>48321839
>is there anything I ought to know?
Casters become literal gods (no, not exaggerating or talking tongue in cheek here - actual, literal, domain-granting gods), while martials become slightly better at dealing damage.
>>
>>48321812
>>48321828
>lol lets play bears world, because if the DM just makes up all the rules anyways then everyone will have fun
___world is objectively worse than no-rules roleplay. Go die.
>>
>>48321828

No, actually, that's fucking wrong. I am sorry you are so brainwashed by the COMBAT COMBAT COMBAT mentality of Pathfinder that you cannot see why Dungeon World is superior. It does not bog you down in mechanics. If I want to disarm something, I just use the move for it, roll it, and I am done. For your shit-ass game I have to do an attack of opporunity, then a touch attack, then some opposed maneuver bonus shit, that's two more rolls than I need to make, all for the sake of Pathfinder being "realistic." Well guess what, faggot, it's fantasy, so realism automatically goes out the window. You people are the reason combat is boring; you make anything besides "FULL ATTACK" so fucking complicated that everyone is too shitscared to even try it.
>>
>>48321827
>you don't need to re-roll a failed will save against dominate monster. you need to deal a bit more damage to things you probably kill in one full attack anyways!
uwot?
>>
>>48321719
>I'm having problems understanding what you mean. I have accounted for natural 1s, natural 20s, crit threats that miss, etc. Could you explain further?
The fact that those things are in the system at all is what I mean. You accurately modeled complete and utter garbage. You did a good job with the math.
>>
>>48321868
And yet it's still objectively terrible game. If you want a game that doesn't bog you down with mechanics, play FATE or Burning Wheel or any other narrative, rules-light game that's actually GOOD.
>>
>>48321868
...how stupid are you you pathetic shill?

If I wanted to run a game where I had to make up the conquences of every player action on the spot anyways, then I wouldn't need your shitty book to run it.

_world is shit and you should feel bad.

>>48321880
Then leave the general and go shill your shit somewhere else.
>>
>>48321857

>posting an image that got literally btfo over a year ago

>>48321864

Except the Dungeon Master is actually under more restriction to not make up bullshit. That's different from Pathfinder, where any competent GM will ignore half the rules because most of them are shit and will bog down your game.

Pathfinder has fucking thousands of pages of cancerous rules no one needs and books full of trap options no one wants to take. I guess people like only getting to use like 5 pages of the book they paid 50 dollars for.
>>
>>48321719
Your star should be higher than 32.
>18 (base)
>2 (human)
>6 (belt)
>6 (rage)
>2 (levels)
>2 (alter self wand)
>>
>>48321839

A reliable first tier ability to grab is Impossible Speed in the Champion path.

You get a flat +30 to speed, which in heavy armor means running as fast as a horse.
>>
>>48321900
>Then leave the general and go shill your shit somewhere else.

>Please stop doing God's Work
>>
>>48321688
>>48321693
You guys cannot be this retarded. The Balor flies super fast and teleports.
>>
>>48321901
>i don't like rules, and even when i have moderately good ones I ignore them and make up shit myself
Then you would love dungeon world.

>I don't like it when the world players interact with has consistent rules because that would let the players do things as opposed to playing mother-Dm-may-I? every turn.
>>
>>48321901
>Except the Dungeon Master is actually under more restriction to not make up bullshit

That's actually a bad thing. The GM should be restricted only by what makes the game better for everyone involved, not by the rules.
>>
File: 081.jpg (53KB, 600x735px) Image search: [Google]
081.jpg
53KB, 600x735px
so I'm about to join my first campaign of this but i need help coming up with a decent motivation for a non lawful inquisitor. my first idea was just a regular paladin but the group shot that down and basically said pick anything that isn't lawful.

Im just looking for some ideas because i want to be flexible until i see the group and how they play to come up with a motivation that won't clash.
>>
>>48321868
>>48321901
Except it was never beat the fuck out at all.

The fact that you're literally claiming DW is good because it's entirely made of one mechanic and Rule Zero says everything that needs to be said about it.
>>
>>48321877
Read the power. It's before the results are revealed, so unless you know the DC already you can waste your re-roll. You already have Eater of Spells which is Clear Mind except 10 times better.

On second thought, don't get Furious Focus. Get Improved Sunder instead.
>>
>guy is recruiting for Iron Gods campaign
>20 PB
>Core only

>Core
>Iron Gods

WHY
>>
>>48321583
I honestly take PA as a feat tax more than an actual use, specifically for stuff like Cut from the Air.
>>
>>48321942
Neutral good - good the overiding factor in your decisions, with practicality and pragmatism and hope as your qualifiers, would work well with any non stupid group.

I should warn you, your group already sounds like a bunch of chaotic stupid fucktards for not allowing a lawful alignment with no explanation.
>>
>>48321942
Firstly, why isn't your group actually discussing characters and motivations already? If they know enough about their characters that 'non-lawful' is important, that's plenty you should know, too.

Secondly, have you any idea what sort of god you want to follow?
>>
>>48321942

Well, the fact that your group sounds like a bunch of Chaotic Hipster types aside, perhaps someone who's seen too many inquisitors get bogged down by literal and rote interpretation of doctrine to do what's genuinely right?
>>
>>48321888

> fate
> autistic resource management system that makes you spend meta-narrative points just to do the EXACT THING THAT YOUR CHARACTER IS GOOD AT

ugh
>>
File: siu6.png (516KB, 954x1350px) Image search: [Google]
siu6.png
516KB, 954x1350px
>>48321812

Dungeon World is an abortion of the much better-written Apocalypse World. It's a mechanical mess for Powered by the Apocalypse.

The only reason Adam Koebel and Sage LaTorra get their dicks sucked over it is because it's supposed to be "D&D-like," and anything "D&D-like" in this community gets way more publicity and players because of the generic fantasy comfort zone.

There are great PbtA games there. Monster of the Week, Urban Shadows, Worlds in Peril, Fellowship. Dungeon World ISN'T one of them.
>>
>>48321900
>If I wanted to run a game where I had to make up the conquences of every player action on the spot anyways, then I wouldn't need your shitty book to run it.

Except Dungeon World doesn't do that. Dungeon World provides specific outcomes to the PCs actions, yet still vague enough for the GM to interpret them. It is the ultimate resolution mechanic, far superior to both freeform, and to the overly-specific and autistic rules of pathfinder that are really only good for ass-picking DMs who can't handle player agency.
>>
>>48321916
>alter self wand
I make my builds with the assumption that there is no prep time before the fight happens.

Also: 18str hurts with the point buy. I usually go with 17 for SAD characters. I also don't want to pay for the +6 belt and would rather have the extra AC and a +4 save cloak.

At this point, for a "sees real play" build, more damage is just excessive especially with ComeAndGetME.

>>48321960
But they stack, so when the DM is all "make a will save" and you roll a 3 you can just equip your shit-eating-grin and re-roll it.

Rolling a 3 has lost several characters dude. Especially at level 12 and higher. Being able to tell fate to fuck off is a very useful ability.

And not provoking and a +2 to sunder is really much less usefull than re-rolling a poor save.

>>48321942
Play a chaotic neutral inquisitor of Gorum.
>>
>>48322027
>generic fantasy comfort zone
I like the way you think
>>
>>48322042
>corporate code-speed that means nothing
Go away shill. Go sell your product somewhere else. Your game combines the worst parts of rules-lite and rules-heavy systems and no one is falling for it.
>>
>>48321901
I wasn't there when it got "btfo", could you expand? I don't even know what Dungeon World is, but the impression I'm getting is that after chargen, it's basically got one rule; 2d6+stat, must beat 10 to succeed
>>
>>48321923

It would still only take out like 1 or 2 a round if they were spread out.

>>48321927
>The GM should be restricted only by what makes the game better for everyone involved

Lol. That's entirely subjective. And the rules don't restrict him that much, only for him to not make up bullshit that obliviates the PCs actions. The results of the moves are up to GM interpretation and do not require an autistic subsystem for every action like Pathfinder has. Dungeon World has an actually unified mechanic.
>>
>>48322068
>it's basically got one rule; 2d6+stat, must beat 10 and then the dm has to make up the result on his own.
>>
>>48322042
DW is training wheels.

Everyone outgrows them. Except for idiots.
>>
>>48321955
>Except it was never beat the fuck out at all.

Yes it was. Check out the old archives, you'll see in time.

Dungeon World is good because of:

> light rules
> D&D feeling without what makes D&D shit
> one mechanic
> mechanic produces results vague enough to allow the GM freedom yet rigid enough so that they have an actual point of existing

So in a way it is no different from Pathfinder, except that it is simpler, faster, more open, more tightly designed, and better! That's all!
>>
>>48322080
At least they're rolling multiple dice. That alone makes it better than D&D/AD&D/3.x/Pathshit/4e/5e
>>
>>48321978
Now now anon, maybe he just means the core rules instead of just the core rulebook.
>>
>>48322072
>what makes the game better is subjective!
>but this rule is the ultimate best rule guys!
>>
>>48322088
>hey guys this rules lite systems is just better at everything! I'm not trying to sell a product here of course not!
If i wanted to make up the result of every action I wouldn't need to buy your shitty derivative product to do it. GO sell your shit product somewhere else you unapologetic shill.
>>
>>48322068
See, now you're an expert at DungeonWorld!

It's stat bonus, but that doesn't matter. In fact, literally nothing matters. It's literally autismal muderhoboing, the RPG.
>>
>>48322047
Except when you have Spell Sunder and should be sundering every single rage.

If you're needing to re-roll multiple will saves every single rage then I'm pretty sure something is seriously going wrong.
>>
File: 9sxHPBx.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
9sxHPBx.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>48322027

Except Apocalypse World is complete shit compared to Dungeon World. Apocalypse World was full-edgelord nonsense ripped off from Mad Max, with a lot of overly-autistic subsystems and an autistic damage system (who wants to track that fucking clock shit?) Dungeon World uses hit points, which are much more familiar (and for good reason). Dungeon World also doesn't have retarded sex moves which makes it palatable for all roleplayers of all ages, rather than for 18+ emo retardation. Apocalypse World had some good ideas, but Dungeon World is frankly an evolution, perhaps a perfection, of D Vincent Baker's fledgling ideas.
>>
>>48322088
Unless you can provide proof, I'm not searching through 12 years of archives for something you claims exists and didn't bother to screen-cap yourself. Your the one makign the claim, you must provide proof or consider yourself a fraud and am liar, just like every claim you make about DW is a lie.
>>
>>48322119
>hit points
>good thing
sides, orbit, etc.
>>
File: 1412735498182.gif (208KB, 323x221px) Image search: [Google]
1412735498182.gif
208KB, 323x221px
>>48322119
I don't have a dog in this fight and have never played either system, but saying
>but Dungeon World is frankly an evolution, perhaps a perfection
Just screams bait to me. I want summer to go and stay go.
>>
>>48321719
>not taking Reckless Abandon
>HURR POWER ATTACK SUCKS ON A BARBARIAN
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>48322068
>but the impression I'm getting is that after chargen, it's basically got one rule; 2d6+stat, must beat 10 to succeed

You are a simple minded child brainwashed by Pathfinder's stupidity. Dungeon World is far more than that. You partially succeed on a 7-9 which means you succeed but with consequences, something the close-minded fucks at Paizo never thought of because they were too busy flailing their computer mice around on a cord as criteria for determining rules for trap-option equipment that no one used anyway because you needed six feats to use it correctly.

I suggest you check out the Dungeon World SRD and you will see how the superior mechanic works. It has a varying range of potential outcomes rather than binary success/fail, which is something that ALL roleplaying games are embracing, thanks to Dungeon World, which first created it.
>>
>>48322119
Wizard: 8 hp.

Ancient Dragon: 12 hp.

Warrior base damage: 1d10.

The mechanics are shit and make zero sense.
>>
File: 1138381351.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1138381351.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>48322119
Oh my god, this is the best shitposting we've had in a months. I'm not even mad, this is incredible to see.
>>
>>48320863
Undermountain, you retard.
>>
>>48322009
>>48321993
ive only exchanged a couple messages online so far, it wasn't expressly disallowed so much as the dm didn't recommend it and a couple others said it would be 'interesting lol'

>>48321999
no I'm pretty clueless on the gods and creating a character is complicated enough with all the feats, spells and rules not to mention all the fucking domains there are. the first session is in a couple of days so I'll obviously have a lot more to go on but i wanted to be prepared. I'm also curious how one plays a chaotic inquisitor seeing how the entire idea is bringing followers back into line.
>>
>>48322063
>Your game combines the worst parts of rules-lite and rules-heavy systems and no one is falling for it.

Except you cannot prove any of that because you do not know what you are talking about. Go read Dungeon World, then come back when you actually have a right to participate in this discussion. until then, your posts are invalid. Good bye!

>>48322106

Except it is because it offers more of what is considered good by the majority (speed and flexibility). Try reading Dungeon World then you can talk about it. Until then, your opinions are invalid. Dungeon World's SRD is free on their website!

http://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/
>>
>>48322147
>play my game even though I'm an arrogant lying prick and just insulted you

DW is completely assinine in it's execution and fails utterly at being anything more than a dimple RPG computer game emulator.
>>
File: lel1.png (59KB, 211x184px) Image search: [Google]
lel1.png
59KB, 211x184px
>>48322136
>>48322142

So you can no longer reply? I guess that is an admission of defeat. Go play Dungeon World, little boy. Discover the entire WORLD of roleplaying you have been missing out on under the oppressive yoke of Paizo and Wizards of the Coast.
>>
When did this general become who can shitpost the hardest? Man at least the depraved shit was slightly better than the fuck off fest.
>>
>>48322110
>Except when you have Spell Sunder and should be sundering every single rage.
Ok? and you are going to spend a feat to add +2 to do so? I've got other things to spend feats on man. Like making sure that even though I'm the ideal target of dominate person I NEVER fail that save ever and kill my entire party.

>>48322175
>your posts are invalid. Good bye!
mysides.jpg
>>
>>48322147
>I'm unfamiliar with your game and would like to know more.
>Does it really only have one mechanic
>youre stupid and brainwashed
>no it has two
>>
>>48322154
Yeah, the dragon kinda also has qualities that makes damaging him really fucking hard in the first place.

It's not really like PF where you can just walk up to a gargantuan creature with a dagger and deal damage to it despite its skin being thicker than your arm.

I actually like both games but there's really no point in flinging shit at either.

Also, don't feed the troll.
>>
>>48322190
It's an objectively terrible game, and no-one should play it.
>>
>>48322193
>who can shitpost the hardest
It's a thread version of how Pathfinder games actually go down, m8.
>>
File: photo-main.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
photo-main.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>48322154
>Ancient Dragon: 12 hp.

That means nothing. See if you were an actually good GM or player you would understand there is more to monsters than their hit points total. Please read this and watch your opinion utterly blown the fuck out by one of the master game designers behind Dungeon World:

http://www.latorra.org/2012/05/15/a-16-hp-dragon/
>>
>>48322175
>implying DW is actually interesting enough to slog through more than once
I've read it. I've run it. It's a training game for idiots who don't know how to roleplay and GM's who aren't creative. It is nothing more than that. Claiming it is anything more than that is asinine stupidity and fraudulent misinformation.
>>
File: MXKYzig.gif (2MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
MXKYzig.gif
2MB, 371x209px
>>48322190

Shine on, you crazy diamond.
>>
>>48322214
>roleplay
Not that anon, but I hope you aren't defending a D20-derived system as being conducive to roleplaying.
>>
>>48322179

You can't even spell "asinine" correctly, faggot, and you expect me to take your opinion seriously? Your claims are baseless and you are yet to explain how Dungeon World "fails" at anything. Which is because you haven't read it. Until you read it, you don't get to argue shit, because you are arguing from a position of ignorance, which makes anything you say automatically wrong.
>>
File: absolutely_disgusting_smaller.jpg (8KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_disgusting_smaller.jpg
8KB, 192x256px
>>48322197
You're a fucking mongoloid if you think two potential outcomes to a SINGLE roll, means multiple mechanics.

Again, the Pathfinder brainwashing is evident here. I would like to see Paizo brought to justice for all of the roleplayers that they have DESTROYED with their horrible rules and opinions.
>>
>>48322229
>no-one who argues against DW has actually read it
Yeah, nah. You're just as retarded as the idiots who created it.
>>
>>48322211
>arbitrary rules that makes no sense are smart and fun
Uh huh.

>master game designer
Who stole mechanics from other games to try and make them fit in a system they were never designed to support

>everything that is good in this game is actually Rule Zero applied liberally, just hidden behind cool sounding names like "GM Options"
Just because you say it's good and turn around and call another game bad for the same thing you just claimed was good doesn't make you intelligent, just a parrot on repeat.
>>
>>48322229
You have yet to explain how Dungeon World *succeeds* at anything. "It's great! It's so great! It's perfect and everyone who's not stupid loves it!" is not going to move copies

>>48322244
>you're a mongoloid for listening to what I said ten seconds ago
oh my god ahahahahhaa
>>
>>48322194
And not provoke AoOs while doing so, yes.

>>48322145
...holy shit I didn't even notice that.

>>48322194
YOU DON'T HAVE FUCKING RECKLESS ABANDON! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE SHIT! Take Reckless Abandon. Conglaturation !!!
>>
Does anyone have Sean K Reynolds's 'people with agendas' post?
>>
>>48322203
Mine usually end up in PKing over some dumb shit like, who of the two greedy assholes gets the legendary weapon? Then everyone gets upset and we never play again.

Just end it all.
>>
>>48322270
Who gives a shit what that dumbass thinks?
>>
File: Tyrone Congratulations.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrone Congratulations.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>48322190
Yes, you've won. I will never play PF again, and will exclusively play Dungeon World from this point onwards. I've seen the light. You've done it anon. Congratulations.
>>
>>48322211
Aah, I see now! I didn't understand that Dungeon World had bought the exclusive rights to narrative fucking combat! I will stop describing attacks in my current games immediately.
>>
>>48322298
You probably think hit points represent actual wounds.
>>
>>48322277
I was thinking about it earlier, and I want to see it again, but I can't find it on google.
>>
>>48322228
Anything can be made into a roleplaying game. Anythign can be considered conducive to roleplaying. Read up on the Stormwind Fallacy.

I'm stating as fact that DW is a simplistic game designed to introduce people to roleplaying in the simplest way possible, and that it is literally good for absolutely nothing else. Any creative person or good roleplaying will play DW once and say "this is boring" because they've already moved beyond the simplistic assistance that DW claims is conducive to roleplaying. The limitations that DW inflicts on players and GMs are incredibly binding and once you realize that there is more to roleplaying than being told what to do by a single role of the dice - which is literally how DW works regardless of what she shill says - then it doesn't matter what RPG you pick, you will have a much better roleplaying experience than you can with DW.

Even if you pick d20 systems. You play one game of DW, you've already played every possible permutation of DW.
>>
>>48322258
>You have yet to explain how Dungeon World *succeeds* at anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/46t7sz/why_do_people_like_dungeon_world/

http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/31791/what-are-the-major-innovations-in-dungeon-world-compared-to-dd-3-5-pf-4e

Read up, faggot.
>>
>>48322308
The fact that you think I think that both offends me, and shows you're an idiot who does not understand what narrative combat is.
>>
>>48322270
I thought that was JJ? The "martial caster disparity is created by people with agendas" one right?
>>
>>48322322
So in other words, you don't even understand what supposedly makes DW good, you're just parroting things other people have told you.
>>
>>48322322
>Read up, faggot.
Nope. You came to this thread as an evangelist, you can deliver your own damn spiel. I'm not clicking on random links to save you the effort. If your system is so great, *you* can explain to me why it's great, not some random fuck on reddit.
>>
>>48322314
>Stormwind Fallacy
You mean the thing that isn't applicable to my argument? Has nothing to do with optimization. You're like the dumbass above who assumed someone hating on Pathfinder must be a 4e or 5e player.
>>
>>48322340
That sounds about right.
>>
>>48322322
>muh feels
>stolen mechanics are innovations
Uh huh. You're like the SJW of RPGs at this point, and your arguments and statements have as much value.
>>
Why are you guys arguing about Dungeon World and Pathfinder? They're BOTH strictly inferior to our rules-light lord and savior, Roll for Shoes.
>>
>>48322356
Found it, it was JJ. It was in his "Ask me anything" post.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=599?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#29948
>>
>>48322354
Stormwind Fallacy has everything to do with an argument that says "you can't roleplay because system". It proves you can roleplay regardless of system. That you are incapable of understanding this proves how shallow and unlearned your professed opinion is.
>>
>>48322365
You misspelled GURPS
>>
>>48322365
I roll to see if I recognize Forrest
>>
File: 1464741407934.gif (1MB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
1464741407934.gif
1MB, 500x388px
>>48322365
Tell me more about these shoes.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>48322386
Nope, first I roll to see if I can overcome my own abject retardation.
>>
>>48322401
Critical failure - you become more retarded.
>>
>>48322381
straw man much? damn, son
>>
>>48322257
I haven't played dungeonworld so I don't know much about the mechanics themselves, but having the game focus on "what do the characters do" rather than "how can we use the game mechanics to win" fits more along with roleplaying, which is a big part of a roleplaying game.

If the party's open to creating a story through their actions without the idea that they're in control then it works pretty well to avoid metagamey bullshit.

That said you need a really good dm and players who are willing to roll with things.
>>
>>48322386
I'm actually just someone she told about it in the irc

>>48322390
http://rpg.stackexchange.com/tags/roll-for-shoes/info
>>
File: Capture.png (162KB, 2472x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
162KB, 2472x1016px
In other news: reckless abandon is amazing.

But if you don't take RA then you probably shouldn't take PA ether. Furious focus is also bad.
>>
>>48322340
Maybe that's why I couldn't find it on google. And that's the one I was looking for.
>>48322373
That's the one, thank you.
>>
>>48321812
Go away shill.
>>
>>48322381
>not conducive
>can't
>Stormwind Fallacy talks about "automatically"
>Conducive
Wow you're fucking dumb, Pathfagger.
>>
>>48321719
Reckless Abandon: +33/+33/+28/+23 for 1d10+19 vs AC 31
(.95*24.5+.3*.95*24.5)*2 = 60.515
.9*24.5+.3*.9*24.5 = 28.665
.65*24.5+.3*.65*24.5 = 20.7025
109.8825 DPR

Reckless Abandon + PA: +29/+29/+24/+19 for 1d10+31 vs AC 31
(.95*36.5+.3*.95*36.5)*2 = 90.155
.7*36.5+.3*.7*36.5 = 33.215
.45*36.5+.3*.45*36.5 = 21.3525
144.7225 DPR
>>
Can Buildposter, the 5e shills, and the niggers shilling Dungeon World kindly fuck off and die?
>>
>>48322480
The deliquescent gloves add 1d6 acid damage.
>>
>>48322442
Furious Focus is an early/midgame feat

It is 100% useless past level 10 because you are always, always, ALWAYS going to hit your first iterative if you are a halfway competent melee.
>>
>>48322489
Anon, if they did that the thread would be empty.
>>
>>48322425
Huh, that's actually pretty neat. Reminds me of this 1d2 system my DM used one time, where you can flip a pool of coins and if you have more heads you win and more tails you lose, with all heads being crit success and all tails being crit fail.

Most of the people playing only flipped a single coin though, so the entire game became a fuckfest of critical success and failure all over the place. Fantastic time.
>>
>>48322489
No, it's a general. We're talking about how generally bad Pathfinder is.

I've been talking shit about Pathfinder the whole time, and you dumbasses think I'm shilling 5e. Jesus christ, just go play WoW. It's basically the same thing.
>>
>>48322489
So what you really want to read is more about halflings taking the knot?
>>
>>48322519
So WoW is the same as 5e is what you're saying.
>>
File: Capture.png (158KB, 2472x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
158KB, 2472x1019px
>>48322480
Furious focus confirmed best for dealing with problem enemies.
>>
>>48322489
What's wrong with buildpostin?
>>
>>48322529
5e = Pathfinder = 4e = 3.x = An MMO.
They all might as well be WoW.
>>
>>48322491
121.9575 vs 155.3975 DPR, and that's only if enemies aren't resistant to acid.
>>
>>48322519
Can you at least post with a name so I can filter you? Buildposter USED to give us that courtesy, at least, so I can respect him, but...

>>48322526
No, I want people talking about the game.

Not how much """""Better"""" their system of choice is.

Just the game.

If it involves Halflings taking the knot, well, that's the Halfling's business, so long as the one giving her the knot is sapient. I personally don't think this is the time or place, though, but Blinklings have been around for AGES. Since AD&D, at least, Bastards and Bloodlines.
>>
>>48322569
>Filter
No. You don't get to hide in your safe space bubble.
>>
>>48322569
What if the knot itself is sapient?
>>
>>48322550
People don't like being wrong.
/s I start a lot of arguments and don't change my mind often
Except here. FF is amazing. Way better than power attack for a barbarian holy shit.

>>48322480
also are you ignoring crits?
>>
>>48322541
You're forgetting that pounce gives you +2 to all of your attacks because it's a charge.
>>
>>48322586
What do you think the latter half of the formula is for? That's crit threat chance * confirm chance * damage added by a crit over a basic attack.
>>
>>48322581
>Implying filtering annoying faggots hasn't been a part of 4chan since before you entered preschool.
>>
>>48321862

Well, that doesn't exactly shatter my worldview, but I'll keep that in mind.

>>48321921

Alright then. Anything else I might consider?
>>
>>48322416
Incapable of making inferences and understanding things outside of 'he says-she says" much?

>>48322418
And this is where DW fails players and GMs with even the slightest bit of imagination. Any system can be used to create a story based narrative, if a GM actually bothers saying, "hey, don't just roll, tell me what you're doing first".

Worse, it mechanically forces the desire to use your best stat for any situation by limiting your choices to 'cope with situation using stat". By giving you abilities that "replace X stat with Y stat" because the bonuses your stat gives the the 2d6 roll are just as fixed as the results the dice give you, you're literally encouraged to minmax. Since you will never have more than a +3 to any stat, and any stat that gives you a +3 to the die role is automatically and intrinsically better than any other stat bonus below +3, why would you use any other stat? Since you invariably succeed on a 10+ on 2d6, there is no situation that is not made better by having an ability that uses your highest stat instead of another stat. The game enforces minmaxing, the game enforces rollplaying, and the claims that it is story driven are false, because unless the GM is imaginative enough to make the story work around the dice rolls in the first place, DW forces him into a vague place where he literally has to make up things on the fly randomly.

Which any other system is actually more conducive to helping him with, instead of forcing him into it with unhelpful systems guidelines that in essence tell him "make shit up".
>>
>>48322606
Irrelevant.
You don't get to have a safe space. I am anonymous.
>>
>>48322119
>>48322147
Is the reason you think DW is a good game the fact that nobody actually plays with you? You can't learn how the rules fall flat in actual gameplay if you're such a caustic fuck that nobody wants to be around you long enough to get through a session.
>>
>>48322588
Oh shit I'm stupid. Fixed.
>>
File: 1462184545335.jpg (519KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462184545335.jpg
519KB, 600x800px
>>48322569

Why not continue the theme of Bloodforge races?

Merg are hybrids of dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings, OR humans... and merfolk! Looks like a lot of races want to sleep with the fishes~

>Great and tragic stories tell of romances between merfolk and landwalkers. Sailors and shore-dwellers fall in love with beautiful merfolk, and that love is doomed to tragedy and separation.

>The reality works out a lot better than the stories, most of the time. Sometimes the two are merely casual lovers or have a chance embrace; other times, when their love runs deeper, they find ways to make it work. The ability to breathe water is somewhat easily acquired, after all, and ships can take landwalkers out over the water.

>The children born of these unions, the merg, claim both worlds as their birthrights. At home both on land and at sea, the merg grow up learning about love that can withstand separation and steeped in the mystery and wonder of the world around them. Sure, getting to know both of their parents and both worlds that they’ve been born into takes effort, but the merg know that effort is worth it. After all, if it wasn’t worth it to brave the dangers of the wild, of love and loss and passion, they would have never been born.

Where do you think they do it? In the open sea? In the shallows? On the beach?

HOW do they do it? This is a question that goes out to the elf/naga sthein too...
>>
>>48322617
If you are using anythign other than a caster, take the trickster path, because that gives you access to "replace any skill check with any other skill check" in addition to path abilities from every single path.
>>
>>48322200
>It's not really like PF where you can just walk up to a gargantuan creature with a dagger and deal damage to it despite its skin being thicker than your arm.

Ugh, I know. I would hate to be able to compare my character to the prowess of motherfucking Beowulf or something.
>>
File: 29e.jpg (77KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
29e.jpg
77KB, 680x1020px
>>48322628
You're a faggot is what you are. Just like the rest of us.
>Pic related is you, me, and every chucklefuck who ever wore a Guy Fawkes mask.
>>
>>48322662
Sorry, XS was banned for writing smut.
>>
>>48322348

Okay. Here is what makes Dungeon World good:

In various comments on this site, DW was mentioned as

[Dungeon world/Apocalypse World] is really more required reading for any designer today working on innovation in mechanics
Having read the ruleset, I do not (yet?) see why some posters feel this is such a major step forward.

A few examples of mechanics mentioned as innovations are those:

Moves, unified power mechanics

There is a unified mechanic for 'doing stuff' called 'moves'. Reading the moves, this sounds like 4e powers or 4e monster powers to me. While this unified mechanics is certainly a good thing, it's hardly an innovation of DW. What makes moves special?

Hard boundaries on scaling

There is (almost) no scaling, and hit/miss is not dependent on enemies, but only on attacker. A cornerstone of many rules-light games, and something that can certainly be seen as a good thing. What's different or noteworthy about DW's implementation?

No initiative

Why is this a good thing? I know it from rules-lite games; when I've experienced this it often lead to a situation where a small part of the group had the majority of the spotlight.

Less tactics

No flanking etc. In-combat positioning and grid-based combat are a cornerstone of dungeon crawls and D&D forever, war game roots and all. How is this supported in DW? Does it even make sense to use a battle mat or grid for DW combat?
>>
>>48322695
You still don't get to filter me.
>>
>>48322695
>wearing a Guy Fawkes mask
What would possess you to do that? I could understand if you wanted to look like V for a costume or something but for a 4chan-based reason?
>>
>>48322716
>Okay. Here is what makes Dungeon World good:
>big blank space

Yes, exactly.
>>
>>48322731
I'm not the faggot who wants to filter anyone. I just want to make sure you know that anonymous is the grandest of faggots.
>>
File: 9ctxzrsp.png (90KB, 505x409px) Image search: [Google]
9ctxzrsp.png
90KB, 505x409px
>>48322731
You're so cool and edgy, anon! Why, I bet you've been posting here for at least a few days!

Summerfags acting like the whole damn site is /b/
>>
>>48322638

More ad hominem. Again, argument invalid. Fix it.
>>
>>48322731
I mean if the option is given then they do get to if they choose to. That's how that works, bub.
>People should be forced to listen to everything I say.
>>
>>48322733
Because Scientology would sue you if they saw your face.
>>
File: 1443456176579.jpg (16KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
1443456176579.jpg
16KB, 300x378px
>>48322716
Wait, what is this post? It looks like you copied someone else's post from one of the links as definitive proof, where the post you copied is basically saying "It might be okay, I guess? Can someone explain why these parts of it are good?"
>>
>>48322740

> not reading the post
> ignoring the fulfillment of your request

Yep, you're being intentionally difficult, because you've lost the argument.
>>
File: Can we fix it.jpg (511KB, 640x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Can we fix it.jpg
511KB, 640x1080px
>>48322754
Sorry, DW can't be fixed.
>>
>>48322760
More irrelevant nonsense. I don't give the option.
>>
>>48322784
Oh, okay.
>>
>>48322147
actually pathfinder does have mechanics for failing or succeeding by certain margins so you're just not correct in that regard, and pathfinder was published years before DW - so DW did not create it either, and even ignoring pathfinder - eclipse phase had those mechanics years before DW was ever written or published

so what i'm saying is I should be shot for responding to shit tier bait and you should receive lethal injection to reduce the risk of your retardation spreading throughout other members of the species
>>
>>48322773
The only thing the posts does is give vague answers that are immediately followed by pertinent and unanswered questions.

Which says more about your reading capability than mine.
>>
>>48322806
Unisystem had those mechanics a long time before EP did.
>>
>>48322822
So really that just strengthens the argument.
>>
>Leave for three months.
>Come back and see all this.

What the fuck happened, /pfg/?
>>
>>48322822
Marvel Super Heroes RPG had those mechanics a long time before Unisystem did.
>>
>>48322822
Yeah, my response was pretty much in regards to the
>It has a varying range of potential outcomes rather than binary success/fail, which is something that ALL roleplaying games are embracing, thanks to Dungeon World, which first created it.
garbage he was writing
>>
>>48322092
Bell curve roll dates back to 3.5 unearthed arcana.
>>
>>48322822
>>48322806
And Rolemaster had those mechanics before any of those systems even existed.

DW is hack trash and isn't worth considering an RPG. I bet the shill still considers it something more than murderhobo the game.
>>
File: 1413713163288.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1413713163288.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>48322846
Summer, anon. Summer and a lack of new books.
>>
>>48322846
We decided to stop letting you Pathfaggers live in a bubble where your D20 derived system was any good and instead began confronting you with your ignorance.
>>
>>48322854
Try AD&D where they actually explain the mechanics of the bell curve and suggestions on how to use degrees of success and failure in the DMG.

Yeah, that mechanic is ancient.
>>
>>48322866
Are you retarded? Most of the people in /pfg/ are acutely aware of why PF is an awful game.
>>
>>48322866
Actually you're just angry PF outsells your indie games and people are more creative than you are in how they play their games.

4rries already tries the "red pill treatment" and their game died too.
>>
>>48322896
Well, they are in this thread, at least
>>
>>48322902
Stop samefagging.
>>
>>48322846
Qanon made an IRC chatroom that sucked in all the actual contributors with its promises of "friendship" and "kindness" and "not being assholes". We're what's left.
>>
>>48322902
And Pop outsells Prog, what's your point?
>>
>>48322883
Thank fuck we don't use it too, the last thing I want to do halfway through a six pack and 2/3s of the way through a dungeon is math at a higher level than elementary school.
>>
>>48322883
You know what has a good bell curve to the rolls? Shadowrun. Don't like it? Suck one.
>>
>>48322920
Those jerks, trying to not be assholes to each other! Next I bet you'll tell me they treat each other like actual people.
>>
File: A Ruby for Ants.jpg (17KB, 236x333px) Image search: [Google]
A Ruby for Ants.jpg
17KB, 236x333px
>>48322866
Dude, Pathfinder is to RPGs what RWBY is to cartoons.

Really, really fucking awful, yet somehow entertaining nonetheless.

We've known that for ages, it's an established fact.
>>
>>48322943
Even worse, they talk casually and sometimes play vidya games in a friendly manner
>>
>>48322920
Can I get a link to this chatroom?
>>
>>48322943
Get this: Not only do they show genuine affection for each other, but some of them even use /me emotes and shit. Qanon HUGGED me once. What dreadful business.

>>48322979
#pfg on Rizon. Remember to be excellent.
>>
>>48322987
>Qanon HUGGED me once
Gross, human affection and interaction.
>>
>>48322913
Who needs to? Your arguments are so stupid and poorly thought out everyone and their brother can kick holes in them with minimal effort.
>>
>>48322947
RWBY (at least first two seasons) was created by a lone weeaboo using fucking Poser. PF is written by a team of professional (as they are getting paid for it) designers. By that measure, RWBY is infinitely better than PF.
>>
>>48322938
I enjoyed Shadowrun a lot. You know what doesn't have a good bell curve to the rolls? DW. Suck it up, kitten.
>>
>>48322938
>dicepool is bellcurve
No. Fuck off.
>>
>>48323026
>not understanding math
>>
>>48323009
That went interesting places.
>>
>>48322999
>Who needs to?
You do.
>>
>>48322733
>What would possess you to do that?
Being an underage b&, discovering /b/ and muh seekret klub for the first time, and being naive enough to believe the bullshit. I think I still have the mask somewhere, but I wear better masks now.
>>
>>48323009
Kekkles.

In any case, would y'all guys care to look over this information pack/player's guide for an AP I'm writing, let me know what's missing, what needs to be expanded on, et cetera?
>>
>>48323080
>found 4chan after people started doing the Guy Fawkes thing
No wonder you play Pathfinder
>>
File: 1459482370757.jpg (43KB, 417x515px) Image search: [Google]
1459482370757.jpg
43KB, 417x515px
>>48322866

/tg/, we really, REALLY need to talk about the recent surge in popularity of "Dungeon World" around here, especially the trend of recommending it as a good system for "introducing" players to our hobby.

I understand that there is an obsession with being subversive and finding the most super specialest alternative to D&D possible, but having finally taken the time to read into Dungeon World and the reasons why this game has caught on around here and other forums I feel the need to be frank: this NEEDS to stop. I try as hard as I can not to be a "badwrongfun" style curmudgeon, but this is not a role playing game. Full stop. This is not a role playing game, and this disingenuous promotion of it as such is legitimately dangerous to this hobby. This is an exercise in self-congratulatory free form group storytelling.

This is a "game" where the danger of literally any challenge is by design arbitrary, not just from encounter to encounter, but from action to action. There's no actual combat or tactics at play, everyone takes turns basically describing a "cool fantasy battle" and resolve everything through "dodge danger" and "hack and slash" rolls triggered at the GM's whim. This is a game proud of being anti-structure, where the goal is to explain to the GM how many cool things your players do instead of actively overcoming any challenges in your way.

It's chaos. Consequences of certain failures are decided collaboratively. The GM is encouraged to be more of an antagonistic player than an actual referee of any rules. At /tg/'s suggestion I watched a few videos of people playing this. At one point the *GM* asked the *PLAYERS* what rumors they had heard in town.

I get that the people involved in this game by admission shill it everywhere, but please stop pushing this as a system for beginners. It's dangerous to our hobby and the behaviors it promotes encourages entitled players with disruptive expectations for how parties are meant to work.

Stop.
>>
I'm curious, /pfg/. I've been looking over Spheres recently, and have any of you played a Symbiat before? It seems most Spheretalk is about Shifters and Incanter dips.
>>
>>48323104
...Was this supposed to be a new thread?

Or is it satire?
>>
File: 1448420850201.jpg (31KB, 373x523px) Image search: [Google]
1448420850201.jpg
31KB, 373x523px
>>48323126
It's aging pasta.

/tg/, we really, REALLY need to talk about the recent surge in popularity of "socialism” around here, especially the trend of recommending it as a good system for "introducing" workers to the economy.

I understand that there is an obsession with being subversive and finding the most super specialest alternative to captialism possible, but having finally taken the time to read into socialism and the reasons why this idea has caught on around here and other countries I feel the need to be frank: this NEEDS to stop. I try as hard as I can not to be a "badwrongfun" style curmudgeon, but this is not an economic system. Full stop. This is not an economic system, and this disingenuous promotion of it as such is legitimately dangerous to this country. This is an exercise in self-congratulatory, centralized planning.

This is a "system" where the setting of any price is by design arbitrary, not just from five year plan to five year plan, but from month to month. There's no actual market incentives at play, everyone takes turns basically describing a "proletariat economy” and resolve everything through "production” and “consumption” plans triggered at the party’s whim. This is a system proud of being anti-freedom, where the goal is to report how many boots you made instead of actively overcoming any challenges in your way.

It's chaos. Consequences of certain failures are decided collaboratively. The party is encouraged to be more of a CEO than an actual referee of any rules. At the state department’s suggestion I watched a few videos of planning sessions. At one point the industrialists asked the *GOVERNMENT* what the market needed.

I get that the people involved in this game by admission shill it everywhere, but please stop pushing this as a system for workers. It's dangerous to our economy and the behaviors it promotes encourages entitled workers with disruptive expectations for how markets are meant to work.

Stop.
>>
>>48323065
Nope. I really haven't been.

That's what's so tragic.
>>
>>48323093
Can I put in a request for you not to spell 'wild' with a y?

Other than that, looking it over.
>>
File: 1170028852512.jpg (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1170028852512.jpg
11KB, 400x400px
>>48323098
You know that meme is actually older than Pathfinder, right?
>>
>>48323158
No, he doesn't. That would require being old enough to read words and understand them.
>>
New thread >>48323194
>>48323194
>>48323194
>>48323194
>>48323194
>>
>>48323158
lol itz teh epoc fail guy!! hes gonna do us a epic faol!
>>
>>48323093
That's a fairly limited set of character classes and types. It's not going to sell really well because it is incredibly restrictive on class and archetype choices.

Any AP that says "these are acceptable classes" immediately triggers the reflective response of every roleplayer everywhere to look at it and think, "but what if I want to play..."
>>
File: 1185311313243.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1185311313243.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>48323210
Here's character art for my new Pathfinder character. He's a Kitsune Ninja.
>>
>>48322779

No, I mean fix your argument, which is fucking wrong and completely retarded.

>>48322806

Except Pathfinder is not a roleplaying game, and neither is Eclipse Phase. Both are autistic spreadsheet training games that barely qualify as "roleplaying" to any but the thoroughly autistic who play them.

>>48323104

Wow more pasta. And not a single real argument to be found, merely baseless claims.
>>
>>48322673
>Ugh, I know. I would hate to be able to compare my character to the prowess of motherfucking Beowulf or something.

You know Beowulf had to kill Grendel's mom from the inside, right?

The same tactic that WOULD work in DW, but what you don't need in PF, since you can just walk up, and stab it with a dagger.
>>
>>48323697
That's the whole point of pasta.

>>48323967
I was specifically referencing the part where he cut a dragon in half with a dagger you illiterate prole.
>>
>>48323026
It is, actually. Basically, think of it as rolling x number of dice with three sides that say 0, and three sides that say 1, and adding the total together. The more dice you roll, the more of a curve you get, just like rolling 3d6 only with a different (and variable) shape to the bell.
>>
>>48323108
>I've been looking over Spheres recently, and have any of you played a Symbiat before?
I haven't had a chance to play one yet, but it's really looking interesting to me. Mostly because the Hekatonkheires is a nice, easy way to realize a long-time concept I've wanted to play, a wimpy warrior that dual-wields floating greatswords. Nothing has ever quite gotten there until now.
>>
I know this is a stupid question, but help me out here, it's my first time. If I were making a 3rd level Cleric, how many spells am I allowed to start with?
>>
>>48324441
Clerics know all their spells.
>>
>>48321606

What program are you using for this?
>>
>>48321719
Drop clear mind, take reckless abandon.
>>
>>48321868
Lel who hurt your feelings playing PF, anon? Need some asscream for that butthurt?
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.