[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would /tg/ feel about female space marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 417
Thread images: 29

File: 1460220488001.png (185KB, 604x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1460220488001.png
185KB, 604x1272px
How would /tg/ feel about female space marines
>>
The same way it's always felt, and always will feel, a combination of apathy and autistic rage.
>>
I am beyond feeling.
>>
I imagine a lot of fap-worthy art by a lot of artists who don't know anything about 40K. So I would approve.
>>
>>46565448
no real point to their existence. Sister fulfill the same role.
>>
>"lolnoobfags"
>moves on to fun things
>>
File: 1460220986443.jpg (387KB, 1628x890px) Image search: [Google]
1460220986443.jpg
387KB, 1628x890px
>>46565555
nice digits
>>
>>46565448
In all fairness how would you feel if people were bitching and complaining about your pet project that you're doing for fun?
>>
>>46565448
I don't see the point when sisters of battle already exist.
>>
File: LOL.png (69KB, 631x508px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
69KB, 631x508px
>>46565702
they're not cool enough
>>
>>46565702
To quote "But I want my female spess mehreens"
>>
>>46565661
I wouldn't broadcast to world I was doing something if I couldn't handle people talking about it negatively?
>>
>>46565448
Didn't this person threaten to tell GW about Chapter Master as "retaliation"?
>>
>>46565778
Yeah, the fucking cunt.
>>
>>46565448
Female space marines doesn't really make any sense though. Space marines share a common gene pool, making some of them female would mean creating a new gene pool.

It's kind of like asking why we don't make iPhones with "male" ports. There's nothing to gain from doing it, and it makes it more complicated.
>>
>>46565778
Wait, she's the reason Chapter Master got killed?
>>
>>46565808
GW and IP are the reasons CM got killed.
>>
>>46565794
I doubt this person knows much about 40k.
>>
Fucking hell, just saw this woman's twitter.

Fuck You Op, just fuck you for even starting the temptation.
>>
>>46565792
Thought so.

>>46565808
No, that was another retard who worked at GW and told his boss about it.

Duke shut it down preemptively to avoid a lawsuit.
>>
Don't see much point because they would look like same as males unless they discard fluff behind the marines.
>>
Can someone explain why we made an entire thread about the mad ramblings of some shitty game maker and her forgettable, awful game?

This is like making a thread about deviant art Otherkin.
>>
THIS BAIT THREAD WILL GO REAL WELL GOOD JOB OP
>>
>>46565920
Did the game even release?
>>
>>46565920
"We"? It's OP being a shitty troll and a bunch of hopeless spergs doing what spergs do best.
>>
>>46565448

I can sort of understand why the creator would want to make lady space marines in her game. 40k hypes up space marines as being this huge step in mankind's evolution. The emperor's holy angels of death. And people want to be able to look up to characters like that, girls too. So if a girl wants to make girl space marines, fucking let her. IT's not like she's shitting directly onto the GW canon. She's just doing her own thing.

Honestly, I like the idea of female space marines. You can argue canon until the cows come home, but arguing the "Science" of genetics in a setting where demons from space, undead robots, and a species of mushrooms independently developed a soccer hooligan vernacular, is kind of silly when you think about it. The canon can be anything that the writer wants it to be.

And if you're especially buttfrustrated by it going against the current canon, just imagine it being some sort of alternate universe where some of the primarchs were ladies.
>>
>>46565860
Fuck GW.
>>
>>46565954
I doubt it. looking at the girls twitter it seems that she has an army of white knights that hang on her every whim. She could probably get a ton of money from patreon.
>>
>>46565989
Using 'science' from our reality is dumb, yeah I get that. Using 'science' from the 40k reality would be a-ok though.

Also I get what you are saying but she shouldn't need to be such a cunt about it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (118KB, 642x959px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
118KB, 642x959px
>>
>>46565575
Not especially? Sisters of battle are basically just baseline humans with flamethrowers and lots of servitors. Space marines are supposed to be closer to the Big E in terms of physical strength, with the best gear, highly trained librarians, power armor, and ribcages full of super-organs that let them do all kinds of wacky shit. Plus, sisters of battle tend to just work for the Ecclesiarchy, while the loyalty of the space marine is to the entirety of the imperium.
>>
>>46566043
Stop giving this piece of shit exposure. Kill this thread now.
>>
GW are within their rights to shut things down

It is sad that good looking projects are exterminated along with this nonsense, but it is for the greater good

Artist is a lunatic anyway, shame -she' or he or whatever is getting exposure here and on /v/, probably a false flag
>>
>>46565448
On top of this being what feels like the 25th time I've seen this thread this year, the person who posted that image seems like an insufferable moron. At least post fan art a female space marine, and not a comment threat of some jumped-up Vidja Garme Dev who can't respect the sorcery material she's using.

4/bait I reply
>>
>>46566061
You don't seem to realize that this is a troll thread.
>>
>>46565725
Sisters of battle are cooler, if anything.
>>
>>46565448
>That Hair

What the fuck?
>>
>>46566121
Less faggy than Russ.
>>
>>46565989
>40k hypes up Space Marines as being this huge step in human evolution

That's not true. The Emperor of Mankind invented them with the sole purpose of being a new warrior with which to unite the human race, to be eventually outmoded by the true next step in human evolution: the emergence of a fully psychic human race.
Hell, the Emperor even said he abhors the idea of the Marines reproducing and interbreeding with humanity.

The main crux of the arguement is still valid:
Female Space Marines do NOT exist in canon, which is history for a fictional universe.

It would be the same as saying 'Why are you neckbeards so opposed to having female soldiers storming the beaches of Normandy', or "lol, I know there weren't AK-47's back in Napoleonic times, but that doesn't matter because I want them to be'

We're not trying to stop you from doing it, that's fine, but we want you to stop pretending like what you're doing is completely justified and that by not accepting it /we're/ the badguys.

I don't hate that someone views my hobby differently, I hate when they do it and claim I'm the one wrong.
>>
>>46565448
Sure, let's have some female Space Marines. Canon is only what GW wants it to be, and I see no problem in letting girls into the club.
>>
>>46566297
>Canon is only what GW wants it to be
And confusing enough as it is.
>>
>>46565448
What do female space marines /add/ to the setting? Whether or not "male" space marines even have genitals is already a point of contention.

>inb4 someone starts asking for female orks
>>
>>46566397
They add female Space Marines.
>>
>>46566431
What does sticking unnecessary weight and a probably unusable reproductive system on a supersoldier add to the setting as a whole?
>>
>>46566480
Are you suggesting female Space Marines would have such stonking great tits it'd inconvenience them?
>>
>>46566029
Yeah I'll give you shes being sort of a jerk about this.
>>
>>46565984
You and I are willing participants.
>>
>>46566239
>The main crux of the arguement is still valid:
>Female Space Marines do NOT exist in canon, which is history for a fictional universe.
But canon is changed all the time. I don't really give a shit, but for real, is there any reason not to just give Sisters of Battle a third lung and acid spit? It wouldn't even affect the fluff because all the SM enhancements are useless bullshit.
>>
>>46566593
Lies, acid spit is great for all kinds of purposes. You can, uh, spit acid at 'Nids, or 'Crons. Very handy, can turn defeat into victory. No need to brush your teeth either, and nothing upsets a Space Marines as much as having to brush his teeth before bedtime.
>>
>>46566527
Either they'd have large enough tits for GW to monetize them as female, even in power armor, which would probably alienate most people on either side of the issue, or you just have mostly genderless super soldiers with shriveled ovaries rather than testes and nothing changes at all.
>>
I know easy way to add female space marines. Just make new fluff that some marines are made from female base, but end up looking like male space marines because there's no reason for gender on battlefield. No need for new models even.
>>
>>46566777
Nice trips
>>
>>46566777
But this indie dev doesn't work for GW, so how does GW enter into it?
>>
>>46566029
The person randomly messaging the other person with passive-aggressive whimpering is the cunt. Anti-SJWs are pathetic cunts.
>>
>>46566898
Indie game devs are no better than fanfiction writers, anon. Nothing they make has implications outside of what they made.
>>
>>46565448
Hi /v/
>>
>>46566941
Why do you care then?
>>
>>46566043
These are some of the saddest motherfuckers I've ever seen
>>
>>46565448
Who cares? Now fuck off with your shitty bait thread.
>>
>>46566962
Because there are people who want female space marines in the actual canon. The OP also didn't say "How would /tg/ feel about female space marines in some indie game?"
>>
>>46566593
I'm not saying canon is carved in stone, but there is
a) already a faction of warrior women devoted to fighting the enemies in much the same way
b) still established canon that if say they DID make a warrior women capable of what you want, namely the spit gland thing, then she would not be a space marine by definition because she is not a man hosting the geneseed of a primarch.

It's really just the name people seem to care about.
Like when someone who doesn't know guns calls one the incorrect name in front of a /k/ommando.

I'm not saying there's not any reason to give sisters of battle a third lung, or acid spit, I'm saying that there is no case in the established lore and canon of such a thing happening (to my knowledge at least). If GW did it and made female space marines, then you won't hear any complaints from me. All I want is for the official material to support something before people start calling me names for not accepting.
>>
>>46567020
You realize GW doesn't listen to suggestions from fans?
>>
>>46567051
Just make one of the lost primarchs female. ;^)
>>
>add females
>why?
>what does it matter if they're male or female?
>then why add female?
>because equality
>but it doesn't matter if they're male or female
>RAPE!
>>
>>46565725
>that defeated "okay..."
>after she makes a completely unsubstantiated claim

This is the problem with most debates: assertiveness is confused with validity, when validity should only come with evidence and logical progression from said evidence, or at the very least, properly reasoned ethos.
>>
>>46567081
That's fine, do what you want.
I'm a Necron player, not a cop.
;^)
>>
>>46566593
>canon is changed all the time

This is a "evolution is just a theory" level of argument.

>is there any reason not to just give Sisters of Battle a third lung and acid spit? It wouldn't even affect the fluff because all the SM enhancements are useless bullshit.

So you want Sisters to have useless bullshit enhancements purely because of reasons?
>>
>>46567144
Anon, you're arguing over the internet. Validity, logic, evidence, or anything even remotely resembling them do not factor into it. You can present the strongest argument ever to the claim that the sky is blue, and it'll still get shot down or ignored. At that all you can do is move on.
>>
>>46565725
>>46566120
Way cooler
>>
>In the grim darkness of the far future, a human life is worth less than the time spent entering it into a Departmento Munitorum data slate
>Humanity is separated into classes which determine your lot in life; the galaxy-spanning totalitarian hellhole is the only possible savior of the human race, at great cost; life is nasty, brutish and short.
>Almost every single thing is hopelessly, crushingly depressing
>BUT there is a glimmer of hope: gender equality
>>
>>46565448
She's right though.
She's a twit, but she's right.
>>
>>46565448
It would be a marketing ploy that wouldn't pay off.
>>
>>46565448
They already exist in the setting. They're just all Chaos marines that are either female chaos cultists blessed to marine level, or normal marines mutated into women, probably by Slaanesh.

>B-But I want loyalist female marines!

And I want Chaos Marines to not suck eggs. Still waiting on that.
>>
>>46566999
Nice trips.
>>
>>46565989
>science doesn't matter
dude why can't my IG grow a 10 foot powerfist out of their anus "anatomy" shouldn't matter in a setting where demons from space, undead robots, and a species of mushrooms independently developed a soccer hooligan vernacular is kind of silly when you think about it. The canon can be anything that the writer wants it to be.
>>
File: 1432424378699.jpg (24KB, 314x295px) Image search: [Google]
1432424378699.jpg
24KB, 314x295px
>>46567323
>wanting chaos to not be awful
Hope you're ready to wait for another forty thousand years, anon.
>>
>>46565448
Space Marines exist as beefcake brainwashed lunatics, the aim of making them all male and not putting in research to attach the adjustments to the X chromosome was because the big E is well aware if you make a superior warrior elite that fucking breeds you soon run into the Praetorian effect and your warrior elite soon sees the rest of your population as substandard and takes control

The Big E quite liked Humans and didn't want to see them murdered by roided up supersoldiers

Having said that I'm fine with it, as long as the ladies are roided up super soldiers as well and have at the very least short hair. If sex enters into it you can feck off though because, again, Big E was not looking to supplant humanity
>>
>>46567231
Everyone is equal when they are all equally useless.
>>
>>46567367
I'm fairly certain that's a reasonably common Chaos mutation.
>>
File: 1445181166818.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445181166818.png
17KB, 600x600px
>>46565448
>>
>>46566593
because Sisters are supposed to be beacons of purity and normal humans. Its part of their flavor. As soon as you make them like space marines or giving them mutations they lose a lot of what makes them cool.
>>
>>46567234
Right about what?
Sure, you can make any kind of claims you want, but saying female space marines...
Y'know, I'm gonna stop and say this: I have yet to see anyone seriously prop up "female space marines" that actually was a 40k fan and meant it outside of a thought experiment, an agenda to bring up something else unrelated to 40k, or to stir up shit.
>>
>>46567434
She's right that it's her game, and as long as she's not breaking any laws (ie, selling another party's IP for fun and profit) she can do whatever the fuck she wants.
She could make a dating sim or a high school comedy out of it if she wante- OH WAIT, /tg/ has done that already.
Sure, she's a full-of-herself styrofoam egotist, but what the hell, if she doesn't want to entertain questions from random people online that IS what the block button is for. Yes, there are brighter ways she could have gone about this, but it doesn't seem remotely worth getting upset because someone, somewhere, is acting kinda bitchy.
>>
>>46567501
see
>>46566239
>We're not trying to stop you from doing it, that's fine, but we want you to stop pretending like what you're doing is completely justified and that by not accepting it /we're/ the badguys.
She can do whatever she wants, but the moment she acts as though she is in the right for pushing an idea that doesn't exist and others are wrong to call her out on it, that's when it's turned into
>a thought experiment, an agenda to bring up something else unrelated to 40k, or to stir up shit
You can make all the unofficial changes you want to 40k, it's your own time and mind, but you don't get to assume moral superiority when someone tells you "Hey, what you are doing doesn't exist outside your imagination and doesn't begin to be supported by the setting".
At least with all the things you mentioned, /tg/ has NEVER claimed they are setting appropriate, morally right, or anything other than amusing flights of fancy at best, a waste of time at worst.
>>
>>46567627
>pushing an idea that doesn't exist
wut
>>
Girl: I'm making a game with femarines!
People: but that doesn't make sense
Girl: I don't care stop being sexist you gamergate misogynists
>>
>>46567501
So, what's the point of all this? Obviously she's not making it for an audience nor does she want to engage in discussion about it. This is equivalent of me taking a picture of my shit, posting it online, then getting made when people ask me why I took a picture of my own shit and posted it online.

I sure as hell have the right to do it, but it doesn't mean I'm right.
>>
>>46565448
Even though it's bait, it is very simple: its her game and she can do what she wants. She could do pony marines for all I care.
>>
>>46567651
Female space marines don't exist.
She has the right to homebrew it, yes, but not to assume she is right or just for doing it.
>>
>>46567651

This idea.
>>46565725
>>
>>46567688
I'm fairly certain the idea of female Space Marines exist.
>right or just
Hold on, is this an ethical question now?
>>
>>46567177
>This is a "evolution is just a theory" level of argument.
I'm stealing that for the next time somebody uses the 'canon always changes' argument. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>46567627
>but you don't get to assume moral superiority when someone tells you "Hey, what you are doing doesn't exist outside your imagination and doesn't begin to be supported by the setting".
I mean, sure, that's kinda rude, but does everyone really have to go and tell her that it isn't supported by the setting? She seems to be aware of that, even if she's a cunt about it.

>>46567674
It's quite possible that y'all and I are not her intended audience. Maybe she has a little coven of SJ-type friends who will appreciate it and do (or don't) know a thing about the 40k setting. It seems like the proper response is to go "wow, this lady doesn't know how to interact on the internet well", and move on.
>>
404 when?
>>
forgive me for adding to this shitshow, but surely if a woman has been through all the drug and body modification a male does when becoming a space marine, then surely they'll lose any feminine side they had in the first place? they'll just look like any other space marine. a slab of muscle in armour?
>>
I personally wouldn't care, my interest for the setting would not be hurt by female space marines, nor would it be increased by their presence.
>>
>>46567752
OP assumed a position of righteousness when told that her idea ran counter to the setting, and treated the person saying so as thought they were an enemy for calling them out on it.
>I'm fairly certain the idea of female Space Marines exist.
Yes, in 1984-85 with Rogue Trader, back when Space Marines were literally nothing more than convicts with powered armor and big guns, nothing at all what they are NOW.
>>46567851
>does everyone really have to go and tell her that it isn't supported by the setting?
There was no everybody, it was a single person. Her mindset is handily explained with the words "anti-feminist".
>>
>>46566239
>The main crux of the arguement is still valid:
>Female Space Marines do NOT exist in canon, which is history for a fictional universe.
History is what actually happened, but canon is entirely malleable because it's a fictional world. Don't want the Necrons to be mindless terminator knockoffs? Turn them into Tomb Kings. People want Squats back? Oh, some of them survived. If GW wanted to they could decide that the Emperor was dead all along and the Starchild has been secretly building up a faction, and nobody could stop them.

Saying "it's canon" is innately tautological.
>>
>>46567936
No, saying something is "Canon" or not means it is "X" until "X" is changed by the body that has the right to determine what "X" is.
Your argument is bullshit, and essentially argues that any created work has no internal structure or sense.
Tell a lit major that LotR that it's canon is malleable because the world is fictional and savor the ass reaming you get.
>>
>>46565725
>less cool and respected
What is this heresy.
Adeptus Sororitas are power armored paladin nuns that devote their entire lives to The Emperor.
Adeptus Astartes are power armored paladin supersoldiers that devote their entire lives to The Emperor.
The difference is aesthetic(besides space marines being less flamer-happy on the imperial populace than the bolter bitches).
>>
>>46567919
>OP assumed a position of righteousness when told that her idea ran counter to the setting, and treated the person saying so as thought they were an enemy for calling them out on it.
So you're here on 4chan close to a year after the fact, saying that she's being injust because she's being unreasonable on her Twitter, and that this matters? Is this what your fucking time is worth?
>>
>>46567936
>GW can make changes to the canon
>ergo this crazy bitch's opinions are totally valid
>>
File: d59.jpg (53KB, 720x471px) Image search: [Google]
d59.jpg
53KB, 720x471px
>>46566934
>Anti-SJWs are pathetic cunts
While SJWs are beacons of shining progress, no doubt.
>>
>>46565448
Kind of wierd, SoB need some love and i think they are a cooler fraction than muhriness which annoy the fuck out of me. But on the other heand, they made their own game, they are free to do what ever the fuck they want with it, DJ Dickson's last coment was kind of assholerish, but on the other hand Antoinette was beaing a dick throughout the whole thing so i see no problem there.
>>
File: suburban camouflage.gif (807KB, 430x440px) Image search: [Google]
suburban camouflage.gif
807KB, 430x440px
>>46567674
>Getting made
>>
>>46568460
diferent anon but both are as shity, in this situation i would say "because i want it so" is a good enough excuse, after all, with all the anty-sjw screaming how sjw shold make their own game if they want something on their own rules, here we have one of the very few examples of someone who took that advice to heart and did their own game. She is a asshole about it, but on the other hand, all fucking SJWs are assholes, so i dont see anything wrong with this picture.
>>
>>46568725
>did their own game

No, they made a 40k game. The whole point of the "do your own thing" is precisely to do your own thing and not to take the work of others and force your ideology on it. If she had made "Kickass Grrrrls 50,000", nobody would have given a shit.
>>
>>46568460
I've never seen a person worth listening to on either side, because of the natures of those who give a fuck about it.
>>
>>46565448
I don't particularly care that they're female, power armor gonna power armor.
But why the fuck, when the helmet comes off, must it be a turd with half a head of hair?
>>
>>46568802
Wanting female Space Marines is ideology now?
>>
>>46568802
See here i would disagree, she took something that she liked, added something to it and made a game, why are we beaing angry about it? It's not like she made a DoW game where we have female muhriness, it's some shitty indie game, if they want to drop female muhriness into their own work than let me do what the fuck they want, it's a bloody indie game
>>
>>46567395

But some genders are MORE equally useless, is what we're saying.
>>
>>46565989

Well you're wrong and here is why

1. 40k hypes up space marines as being this huge step in mankind's evolution.

No it doesn't The Big E wants humans to stay as they are following a natural path of evolution. The Horus Heresy was all about "yes you may be more than human now, but you can't let that sway you to disregard humanity we are merely tools to create a utopia".

2. The canon can be anything that the writer wants it to be.

No it can't, because no one will pay for it.
>>
>>46568994
>No it can't, because no one will pay for it.

Well that's the trad off isnetn it? You make something your way but no one might be interested in it. Plus didnt GW say that everything is cannon?
>>
File: AngryMarine.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
AngryMarine.png
14KB, 300x300px
>>46565448

Let's say that you could make space marines out of females.
What do these retards expect the end result to be?
Because they certainly would not be some beautiful, amazone warriors.
They would be big, buff, muscular fridge sized motherfuckers like all space marines are, and barely distinguishable from the ones who were made from men.
Because if they were not, then they would not be FUCKING SPACE MARINES.
The whole god damn point of all the augments and gene therapies and shit, is to make the aspirants into buff and tough, big motherfucking guys, who are good at killing shit. THAT IS THE POINT. They are genetically altered, barely human, killing machines.
If they were made out of females, they would barely resemble females by the end of their transformation, because if they did they would not be SPACE MARINES.
>>
>>46569201
>They would be big, buff, muscular fridge sized motherfuckers
>they certainly would not be some beautiful [...] warriors
I don't understand.
>>
>>46565989
>IT's not like she's shitting directly onto the GW canon.

That's exactly what she's doing.

I don't have problem with people making female space marines.

I have problems with idiots trying to claim female space marines "work" or "belong" in 40k.

How many times have you heard some dumb faggot say "it's a big galaxy" to something that even the creators say 100% will not happen? That's what I have problems with.

It's no different than SJW dykes trying to make sweeping, incorrect statements about men when they have zero experience or knowledge about the male psyche or physiology. It's just stupid.
>>
>>46569247
He's confused.
>>
>>46569247
What I am saying is, that they would resemble some steroid using bodybuilders taken up the eleven.
Not some "Samus Aran" style amazonian warrior women, like faggots like the one in the OP tend to depict them as.
>>
>>46568852
No, being a feminist is.
>>
>>46565605
>Eugenics
>Not a 40k theme
>There are entire chapters dedicated to murdering anything that isn't genetically pure
>Gender Segregation
>What are the SoB faction origins for 50 Bob?
>>
>>46568899
You're free to disagree.
>>
>>46565448
Somewhere, a number of Sisters players begin literally shaking. And I am totally with them.

Where the fuck is my Sisters game where I purge the unclean and train my divisions to do battle with absolute unbreaking faith? What the fuck is it with the marine circle jerk? Half those fuckers went traitor and ripped the Imperium at least three new fucking assholes when they did.
>>
>>46569332

Theoretically, all the current space marine minis could be female, you wouldn't be able to tell under their armor.

UNLESS you had the helmet off... but they would still look like men and having a helmet off is idiotic.
>>
>>46569332
I don't see why since blood angels and blood ravens often look fabulous.

Also the spess muhrene bitch in OP looks way more like the dyke marines you endorse and less feminine than many blood ravens, so...
>>
God damn it, Janitor. I know you're here because you deleted some threads. You do remember that 'female space marines' in any context is deletion and ban on sight, right? The bait is too strong and low effort on OP's part.
>>
>>46569332
Who exactly wants Samus Aran-like female Space Marines?
>>
>>46569391
Face it, it's got nothing to do with "muh wymön" and all about pissing on dudes. She's see SoB, Sisters of Silence, and the rest thrown under a bus if she could just make a single female Marine a reality.
>>
>>46565448
literally no point if there are sisters of battle

people who think it's a good idea should seriously kill themselves
>>
>>46569505
not especially since SoBs are radically different from muhrenes

SoBs are much closer to Ordo Hereticus acolytes in power armor with bolters, to priests, to crusaders, and so forth.
>>
>>46569505
People who think SoB's and Space Marines are similar should seriously kill themselves.
>>
>>46565448
>female space marines
>if treated differently, they break the point of having a uniform heavy look and a brotherhood theme
>if treated the same, there's no point in including them in the first place, but break the points made for not having marines as an independently reproductive class

>sisters don't have genetic enhancement nor the same equipments
Why don't people make augmented sisters with a wider range of equipments again?
Why don't people treat sisters as respectably and as equally capable as space marines forces? After all that supposed inferiority is but an arbitrary imposition without actual reasons
>>
>>46569413
>UNLESS you had the helmet off... but they would still look like men

Yes, that was my point.
The augments and shit that make a person into a spesh muhreen, make one extremely masculine, because masculine traits, are better for killing shit than feminine ones are.

>>46569437
What has looking fabulous got to do with this?

>>46569462
Most female spesh muhreen art I have seen has depicted the female muhreens as hot babes, not as fridge sized, big and buff, off proportioned motherfuckers that spesh muhreens are. That is why I assume that most of the fuckers who want female speshmuhreens enough to bother to draw art of them, want them to be some Samus Aran style spesh babe warrior women, not hyper charged weightlifter women from DDR.
>>
>>46569247
Space marines are built for combat... NOT for looking good.
Altering the gene seed to MAKE them attractive would accomplish nothing else than giving you a boner. While you might be all for that, some of us prefer the old fluff of "the gene-seed zygotes are keyed to male hormones and tissue types."
>>
>>46566978
It's a smart tactic, by engaging her on earnest and calm terms she's the one that's looking like a sperging autist, trying to shout her down only validates her position, like some weird reverse kafka trap
>>
>>46569557
Stories are ultimately all composed of arbitrary impositions, anon.
The Sisters of Battle are different and are treated differently because it's more interesting than just having them be female Space Marines in all but name.
>>
>>46569568
>What has looking fabulous got to do with this?

that space marines don't necessarily look like "steroid using body builders turned up to eleven?" The reason some of them look so distorted and haggard is because these are people in their fifties, seventies, nineties, hundreds, hundred and fifty, two hundred prolonged ridiculously past their prime.

Now if you're talking about their muskles alone that's fine.
>>
>>46565448
Shit idea by a shit sjw "game developer"

Why are you even giving it attention?
>>
>>46569630
When you engage at all, you've already lost.
>>
>>46569557
>Why don't people make augmented sisters with a wider range of equipments again?
That'd still go against the fluff, and because their responsibilities and hierarchy are still completely different.
>>46569568
What artists draw and what fans want are two separate things, especially given how tons of artists just draw popular shit in order to become more popular, or just draw shit they find aesthetically pleasing without knowing or caring about the source material. Most people who want them don't draw either, or lacking sufficient evidence I'm willing to make that assumption.
>>46569600
Why would you need to alter the gene seed for huge masculine fridge-looking warrior women to look attractive?
>>
>>46565605
Sounds like a bunch of faggy SoB players. Honestly, the SoB are a relatively one note faction that desperately needs a update; Not because they deserve it, but because they're so boring and shallow that any sort of infusion of character would be great.

Besides, SoB simply aren't as appealing as Space marines. SM has all these cool and intresting characters that come from a ton of different sub factions. All the SoB are is a bunch of fiery cunts, and are in general the least appealing faction to ca/tg/irls: They dont have any depth. What makes each covenant unique? Nothing, it seems. In this way, I dont blame her for not making a SoB game, because there simply isnt enough substance to make one out of.
>>
>>46565448
It would be fine with me but because people like Christina are such a bellends I will be a cunt and say it's not ok just to piss her off.
>>
File: laughing pillarmen.gif (211KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laughing pillarmen.gif
211KB, 500x281px
>>46569668
Proportionally they are all sorts of off.
Also, you don't need to be ugly to be super masculine.
My point was that space marines, made out of females, would not look like females anymore after the transformation, because the whole point of the transformation is to enhance traits that make them better for combat, which are all masculine traits.

I don't care if they would look like picture related, but they would not look like women.
>>
>>46569685
Well, we've seen what happens when you don't challenge bad ideas.
>>
>>46569773
>would not look like females anymore after the transformation

What is your explanation as to why female space marines would look more masculine than blood ravens etc?
>>
The Mechanicus A: can't be assed to make Space Marine-sized power armour that accommodates for boobs and B: would consider it tech-heresy to make Space Marine-sized power armour that accommodates for boobs.

Therefore, the only female space marines we get would look like men. Or be gigantic muscular lolis
>>
>>46569819
I am not arguing that they would look "more masculine than blood ravens etc". I am saying that they would look just as masculine as other marines do, aka they would not be pretty women anymore.

That is because of what testosterone (which speshmuhreens are full of), does to women in real life.

They would look like men, just like all other space marines do, because space marine augments supercharge masculine traits.
>>
File: gabriel angelos.png (521KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gabriel angelos.png
521KB, 640x360px
>>46569819
I assume you mean Blood Angels or else you're saying this guy looks feminine.

Also, the Blood Angels don't look actively feminine. They generally have long hair, but apart from that their facial features and body structures are masculine.
>>
>>46569776
Indie games are still shot down because of IP violation?
>>
>>46569674
It's also old as balls and I'm pretty sure she got a Cease and Desist from geedubs
>>
>>46569933
Since when having long hair has been female exclusive trait anyways?
You can friggin cut your hair or let it grow to any length you wish (unless you have been cucked by genes of baldness.)

Blood Angels don't have some magic hair that always is long. It is just that they like to keep their hair fabulous and flowing, because they are a bunch of fags.
>>
>>46569952
How is an indie game above the law?

Is this even a real game and not some shitty pixel art piece pretending to be a screenshot?
>>
>>46569473
That's just the tip of the iceberg with my grievances. This kind of drivel is intended to draw attention, because any attention is good attention. It builds needless resentment on both sides and draws in people interested at biting at each other. But no one is going to stop it because they're only here for the pissing contest.

And all the while GW has tossed them under the bus. They're the armed wing of the fucking Imperial Cult, they're acting at only what can be peak human strength and fight the forces of Chaos and heresy without the numbers of the Guard or the inhuman weight of the Marines. They're a fucking unique faction, and yet they get left out in the rain,

>>46569746
I hate this because I can see entirely where your coming from. Compared to just about any other faction the sisters have received little to fucking nothing. And you know what might piss me off the most? It doesn't need to be, They could be something real fucking special, but they aren't. Unless your willing to scourge around for the lore they will give you nothing.
>>
>>46569726
Masculine traits are, to a large portion of the population, more attractive on men, while feminine traits are more attractive on women.
Not everyone finds gigantic amazons attractive.

It just comes off as being added purely for fetishistic reasons. What would female space marines give to 40k?
>>
>>46565448

WHO THE FUCK CARES?
>>
>>46570046
>inb4 "Sisters got a 'codex' in every edition, you entitled little shit!"
>>
>>46570071
FUCKING MISOGYNIST SEXIST RACIST PEDO PIECE OF SHIT DIE IN A FIRE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46570071
>Masculine traits are
>more attractive on men

Speaking from personal experience?
>>
>>46569746
She's willing to OC SM lore, but can't or won't try to deepen the lore of a canon faction.

She could have given SoB depth herself, but instead wanted to consciously rouse tensions by "being progressive" with Space Marines to give her female characters all the 'good fluff'.

She's a hack.
>>
>>46570071
>not everyone finds gigantic amazons attractive
And this is a reason for not having female Spess Muhreens, or where are you going with this? What would they give to 40K? What does all-male Marines give to 40K?
>>46570333
You realize both options would be equally non-canon? Why is it OK to write OC for SoB's but not SM's?
>>
>>46570452
When female space marines would be virtually indistinguishable from male space marines, due to the fact of what space marines are, what the fuck is the bloody point of adding them in, when they explicitly go against established canon in a number of ways?
>>
>>46570118
That's fine. That's good. But personality is more then the codex. It's in the lore, the stories, the books and games created. In this many of the factions feel deep, there's a reason the Spess Marines have worked so well, they're distinct, they have history, notable leaders, intrigues, conflicts, they've been given immense depth, their designs. Even looking at them they carve themselves as distinct.

Plenty of the factions have these distinct looks, that seeps them in personality, with Nids and Orks being the most successful I believe in this regard. Yet the sisters by comparison to the other factions are bland. And they don't need to be.

They need better more memorable leaders, they need more distinct style to highlight their strength, their horrific unbreaking faith. Doing it right would make them a far more enjoyable group to play, because they could make the rest of the Imperium seem secular. Their vehicles literal crawling shrines, their armour gilded with testaments to their faith, obscuring the women behind it like a shield. They could be literal zeal and hatred for the unholy given flesh. But I guess its too fucking late for that so I'm going to take what I learned about lore, characterization and writing and fucking make my own shit with it.
>>
>>46570287
Yes, actually.
A guy built like a Greek god looks better than a curvy one. I can ALSO say that a curvy woman looks better than a buff one.

>>46570452
My apologies. To clarify: besides giving fetish material for a percentage of the fan base, what else would female space marines add to the setting?
>>
>>46567177
>This is a "evolution is just a theory" level of argument.
No, it's more like "string theory is just a theory." Canon changes with codex release and every book. Most of these aren't 180s like female space marines would be, but it's not at all unreasonable to say that there's been some sort of technological breakthrough and there is a small but growing number of sisters of battle who have successfully been implanted with a Black Carapace.

>So you want Sisters to have useless bullshit enhancements purely because of reasons?
Sure, why not? It'll make SoBs equal to SMs in the fluff without changing anything in the crunch. The way I see it, there's a small number of people who want this to happen, a much larger group that really doesn't give a shit and might even be happy not to add an asterisk when they say "they already exist, go play Sisters of Battle," and very small group of actual woman-hating manchildren that can't handle the thought that women can be as good as men at anything at all.
>>
File: 1374897088947.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1374897088947.png
200KB, 500x276px
>>46565448
I don't mind mind female space marines but those designs are cancer.
>>
>>46570452
>equally non-canon
I don't think you know what that means.
One would be intentionally shitting on canon, the other would be accentuating a faction that could use some added depth.

She didn't want to use SoB because they are one-dimensional, but instead of empowering them, she just wants to copy-paste female characters into a male template.

Again, she's a hack.
>>
Female space marines would be an issue as they could outbreed mankind. They are a specific attack breed built for war. Controlling their reproduction is important else you get Orks.
>>
>>46570631
Women aren't as good as men at combat.
That is not a matter of fucking opinion, it is a bloody fact.
>>
>>46568899
Why use a setting if you're not going to follow it?
>>
>>46570631
>technological breakthrough
This is the Imperium we're talking about, right?

Personally I like the canon more or less the way it is, but fans can come up with any kind of fanwank they want. Fuck if I care what fanart looks like.
>>
>>46570699
>Implying female space marines would still be able to reproduce.
>>
>>46570719
>What is a setting that psychotic belief can actively warp reality.
>>
>>46567885
Not as long as you people keep bumping the thread.
>>
File: Alyssa-Milano-Popcorn-Gif.gif (498KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
Alyssa-Milano-Popcorn-Gif.gif
498KB, 500x235px
>mfw female space marines thread
>>
File: 3D_Rhino.jpg (600KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3D_Rhino.jpg
600KB, 1920x1080px
>>46570452
>What does all-male Marines give to 40K?

Strength that cannot be achieved by people with X chromosomes. I expect they covered this in grade school, but you simply didn't pay attention.

As for OC, it's okay as far as it goes, but there's a difference between expanding fluff because you love the background and contradicting fluff because your Turette syndrome and your crotch obsession are the focal points of your existence.
>>
>>46566090
I am so fucking sick of shitposters making these threads.

Elf wat do was infinitely superior to modern shitposting.
>>
>>46570584
Well what would be the bloody point of 'roiding and augmenting up SoB's to Space Marine levels when she can just genderswap Marines?
And it's because she wants to play a female character who kicks ass like Space Marines do. Is that really so difficult to understand? It's not ideology, it's wanting to play something which the lore doesn't support and disagreeing with the given reason why the lore doesn't support it. If anything is ideology here, it's you saying that she should be just as fine with playing a male Marine, because to many people it fucking matters whether they're playing a male or female character. And this is a game she's making on her own, so that she can play what she herself wants to play, and here are you saying she's wrong to do so. She knows it goes against the canon. She says so repeatedly in her posts. She's saying she dislikes the canon, and chooses to diverge from it. What is the fucking issue with that?
>>
>>46570672
OC isn't canon. Either way, she's not writing 40k canon, she's writing something in her personal fairyland setting that's been heavily influenced by 40k. Whether the level of that influence is "copy/paste" or "all but one not particularly relevant aspect of spess muhreen flavor" doesn't actually matter. In fact, either way she's almost guaranteed to be shut down by GW deciding her magical realm is too similar to their IP.
>>
>>46570621
It would add female Space Marines.
>>
>>46565661
This >>46565746

If I want a hyper-sympathetic echobox, I'll call my mom or talk to my friends. But that's probably a privilege or something.
>>
>>46570719
Not in 40k. Or do you have separate statlines for male and female IG?

>>46570753
Maybe they found the STC for female black carapaces or something. It's space, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>46570672
>One would be intentionally shitting on canon, the other would be accentuating a faction that could use some added depth.
What? No, anon, there is nothing in the canon which suggests Sisters of Battle can reach Space Marine levels of melee mayhem due to augmentations. It is against canon, 100%.
>>
>>46570850
>Well what would be the bloody point of 'roiding and augmenting up SoB's to Space Marine levels when she can just genderswap Marines?
I am not arguing for that you bloody retard.

I also don't give two shits about what she wants. I was talking about the idea of female space marines in general, and how, by necesity of what makes a space marine, they would be indistinguishable from male ones.

Her fanwank game is just as bs and stupid as love can bloom is, and all other retarded crap fans have come up with over the years.
She can make a game with her super speshul oc donut steel dyke marines all she wants, and I'll call it the retarded fanwank it s.
>>
>>46570719
Actually, women are better shooters than men, and that's harder to 'roid up than muscle is.
>>
>>46569370
>autism
>highly associated with being unable to identify irony
>making yourself the retard in the argument

She was obviously trying to argue that female space marines shouldn't be totally unbelievable in a universe with things like space-magic-science eugenics. Which would make sense, if the same space-magic-science eugenics didn't require males to work.
>>
>>46570968
This. Sisters are canonically so useless that they're most effective when being slaughtered to provide warp protection to warp-immune space marines.
>>
>>46570631
>No

Yes, it is. People who claim that female space marines are totally canon because GW keeps changing the fluff here and there all the time. It's no different from some retard going "evolution is just a theory" without floating up in the air.

If you want to headcanon shit, go ahead.

>Sure, why not?

How about "Sure, why?"

You're literally taking SoB fluff, shitting on it, but not even making them any different in the rules. So it's not even making them any different to play, you just want to change their fluff for some fucked up reason I don't know. All the while claiming people who don't want this reason hate women. Too bad that line is getting so used nobody even gives a shit anymore.

>very small group of actual woman-hating manchildren that can't handle the thought that women can be as good as men at anything at all.

Think you mean the small group of retards who can't handle that a very small group of men, genetically enhanced and indoctrinated from birth, are better than a group of women, indoctrinated from birth to be better and more dedicated fighters than 99% of human males in the universe.

Yeah, forgot about that, didn't you. You were so hung up on the Marines that you forgot that below Marines and Sisters you find the unaccountable hordes of the Imperial war machine.
>>
>>46571004
You are right. That's why the vast majority modern military combat troops are women.
>>
>>46570584
It's a stupid piece of canon, right up there with Eldar shitting rock candy.
>>
>>46571004
>ill regurgitate baseless claims that have been regurgitated time and again and pretend like thats exhaustive evidence because my grandparents and my parents said it so its gotta be true

Then tell me why, in a world full of both male and female professional shooters, males outclass the women still?

>>46571063
You're argument is as bad as theirs. Most modern combat troops being men is actually due to the patriarchy.
>>
>>46571074
I don't think that book is actually canon
>>
>>46570819
>Strength that cannot be achieved by people with X chromosomes.
Are you suggesting there's real scientific basis for Space Marines in 40K, and that it has to do with chromosomes?
>>
>>46571074
How is it a stupid piece of canon. The Emperor was trying to create the best super soldiers he could. He wouldn't use women.
>>
>>46571074
How is making your genetically engineered warriors from men, who are already physically more fit for combat than women are, "stupid?"
Also, Eldar shitting rock candy is a fucking /tg/ meme, you retarded cunt.
>>
more evidence to heap on the pile for Freud's theory of penis envy.
>>
>>46570947
There's a lot more to it than black carapaces, but I'm guessing you know that.

Ridiculous minutia is kind of the bread and butter of 40k fluff, so I think a "lol there's girl marines now" kind of development wouldn't really fly. That said, if GW came up with a well thought out explanation, I might be more inclined to get on board. That would probably require advancing the plot, though, so that ain't happening.
>>
File: image.png (172KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172KB, 500x404px
>>46565448
Another excellent plan by tzeench
>make a zero effort game totally ignoring the source material
>be an insufferable cunt to people who call you on it
>wait for some artist to say something stupid
>tell shitty web media "waaah! I'm a gamer gurl and a video game dev and the patriarchy is oppressing me"
>get money from idiots that read said shit articles
>make a slightly less shitty version of the game
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>46571130
Ok, but he wouldn't have used men either. He'd have taken human genetic information from all sources without considering whether said source had X and Y chromosomes, and created sexless biological golems.
>>
I think the frustrating thing is that the lore doesn't even say "no gurls allowed" like some weird line in the sand for her to stand up to here. there's a pretty well reasoned logic behind why space marines are 99.9% of the time fully XY males. They can't be wasting gene seed on candidates that have a much higher chance of rejecting it because of their genetics or chromosomes.

Are there female space marine out of the million+ in the galaxy? Probably a few, they're likely not female in the XX sense though, probably have a chromosomal mutation, there's also probably a few feral world warrior societies that raise their sons as daughter or something (like Gwyndolyn in Dark Souls). But those are exceptions you have to write well, just throwing them in because you want them will almost assuredly lead to sloppy writing and execution.

As for this game? Probably won't even be a blip on the radar, better to just ignore her, she'll make a dumb game, it will sell almost no copies. Engaging her would only make people support her and then GW would probably push for a shoehorned in female space marine just to not look like bigots.
>>
>>46571113
>Most modern combat troops being men is actually due to the patriarchy.
No, it's due to them being genetically unfit for the task. Before the army started drastically lowering the physical requirements for female recruits there were basically none who could pass.

Also,
http://time.com/4030294/male-combat-troops-outperform-women-mixed/
>>
>>46570975
So who exactly are you talking about? "In general", what fucking "in general", can you show me these people? Here we have an example, the girl posted in the OP. Are you against what she wants? You say you don't give two shits about what she wants. Does that mean you're fine with it, as she doesn't make any allusions to fetish-based reasoning?
>>
>>46571125

No, he's implying there's real scientific basis for planet Earth 2016 male and female homo sapien physiology, which is what Space Marines are based off of.

Testosterone and estrogen are real things.
>>
I'm OK with Female Space Marines. So long they look like this (exactly like the males).
>>
>>46570947
>I ain't gotta explain shit
>still tries to explain it with technological discoveries

First of all, none of the Marine implants are STC designs. They were made by the Emperor and only person to know them is the Emperor. Smart people have spent lifetimes trying to crack their secrets, so figuring it out will not be a thing taken lightly.

Second, if they do crack it, what makes you think the Sisters would get them? Their whole organization is already suspect, since the Ecclesiarchy shouldn't even have a military force of its own, but thanks to a loophole they got the Sisters. The Ordo Hereticus was formed to keep an eye out on the Ecclesiarchy. You think they're gonna just let them have gene-seeds?

Thirdly, what makes you think the Sisters even want gene-seeds? They already consider marines to be mutants. Why would they want to be mutants as well?
>>
>>46571208
>Ok, but he wouldn't have used men either.
Nah, he clearly did.
>>
>>46571291

I would be okay if they looked female from the neck up.
>>
>>46571062
>"evolution is just a theory" without floating up in the air.
Wait, what?

>men, genetically enhanced and indoctrinated from birth, are better than a group of women, indoctrinated from birth
I've got no problem with this, it makes plenty of sense. What doesn't make sense is claiming that the gene for a third lung is in the Y chromosome or some shit.
>>
>>46571320
No, GW had him do that because they're shit at writing canon.
>>
>>46571208
Why? What does the female genome bring to the table?
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 650x600px
>>46570819
>men
>no x chromosome
Pick one
>>
>>46571063
You don't undo literally thousands of years of culture in which men are better warriors due to modern marksmanship not actually mattering and subsequent generation sizes mattering, or the fact that men are still better suited to the warrior life as it involves a lot of marching with heavy shit and men are stronger, but I'm talking about the year 40K where the only heavy shit Space Marines carry with them is their 10x strength enhancing power armour. They're not comparable situations.
>>
>>46571291

It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men. (It's the beards). And this in turn has given rise to the belief that there are no Dwarf-women, and that Dwarves just spring out of holes in the ground! Which is, of course, ridiculous.
>>
>>46571353
Shit man, I guess no one really likes 40k or space marines then.
>>
File: 147934-full.jpg (184KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
147934-full.jpg
184KB, 600x338px
Just make up a new branch of Sororitas that work with Astartes and Guardsmen on the front lines, like Wing Divers in EDF.
>>
>>46571208
>created sexless biological golems.

How would he have produced them in the thousands?

Also, Space Marines already are pretty close to "sexless biological golems".
The augmentation and genetic altering the aspirants go trough render them into basically barely human mutants, whose sole point of existence is to kill shit.

Ensuring, that the raw recruits can be taken from the human population, instead of needing some special facility for their production, makes making them in massive numbers far easier. Also, as males are physically more fit for combat, they would need less alteration than females would need, to reach the demands of what a Space Marine needs to be, which is a fridge sized, buff and tough fucker who can survive his limbs getting shot off, and still fight on.

>>46571263
Are you fucking daft?
You have been arguing with more than just one people. In general, I mean the idea of female space marines, in general, wherever it crops up.
My whole point has been that the necessities of what makes a space marine, a female space marine would be indistinguishable from a male one. That is something that the retards who argue for female muhreens never seem to grasp, or if they do, they argue against it desperately, which proves that the only reason they even want there to be female spesh muhreens is the name, and/or some fetish factor.
>>
>>46571268
Yes, and immense hormonal manipulation in 40K is a fact. Shit, we can drastically alter hormone levels today, and we're not travelling the galaxy.
>>
>>46565448
Female Space Marines already fucking exist.

They're called Sisters of Battle.

Why are people so autistic about this?
>>
>>46571208
>He'd have taken human genetic information from all sources without considering whether said source had X and Y chromosomes

>Trying to make the best human for combat and war
>Only considers 44 out of the 46 chromosomes
>It only takes 44 chromosomes to be human
>>
>>46571291
Is that canon? Looks like the artist just tried to fill the outline of the armour with a man, instead of realistically taking into account the armour.
Also why must females space marines be the exact same height and bulk?
>>
If there were female space marines, wouldn't they amputate their breasts? Preferably with a red hot sword, like the Scythians did.
>>
>>46571291
Sigvardsteel is a canon source, I presume?
>>
>>46571353
It was a good choice. You have to start somewhere. Astartes being vatgrown golems is far less compelling than uplifted men who have their humanity in order to protect it. The male gender is optimized for physical activity anyway, so they'd still look like men. It would be a pointless distinction.
>>
>>46571350
>Wait, what?

Gravity is just a theory, isn't it?

>What doesn't make sense is claiming that the gene for a third lung is in the Y chromosome or some shit.

Or some shit indeed. How about the third lung implanted into the host, along with all the other gene-seeds that enhance the growth and development of the person, are keyed to men and not women. I mean, I know biology is hard, but men and women don't evolve the same. Stuffing a woman full of organs pumping hormones intended for enhancing male development will not be very healthy. And the gene-seeds are already very finicky about working one men.
>>
>>46571433
>Also why must females space marines be the exact same height and bulk?
Presumably for the same reasons modern roidmonkey women start looking like men.
>>
>>46571422
Space Marines are GW's flagship, while Sisters of Battle are treated like shit. Is it that hard to understand why people don't find the two equal?
>>
>>46571399
Well, given modern GW, we're getting there. Then there's the whole "people buy this so it must be good" stuff which I don't feel I need to respond to beyond this.
>>
>>46571366
And when your armour breaks down. Or you're in scout armour?
>>
>>46571422
They're not, though. And they never will be because it triggers neckbears too much when you talk about Sisters of Battle with three lungs.
>>
>>46571515
Except 30k exists and is currently thriving, despite being about nothing but the armies of the patriarchy.
>>
>>46571201

You're an idiot. There's nothing to "call her on".

If you think a top down pixel shooter is a threat to the canon you're a berk.
>>
>>46571418
>You have been arguing with more than just one people. In general, I mean the idea of female space marines, in general, wherever it crops up.
It crops up here. Give me a response about this here. Does the OP girl want female Space Marines? Yes. Does she want them for the "in general" reason you're addressing? No. Then what do you think about her "not in general" reason for wanting FemMarines?
>>
>>46571366
The theory that women are better shooters is due to their lower centre of gravity. That could be easily managed through genetic modification. Compared to all the other physical alterations it's a laughably small one.

There is little evidence for the claim in the first place. The best shooters in the world are men as demonstrated by the Olympics. The Space Marines would have their genes based on the best of the best.
>>
>>46571504
All GW would need to do to fix this is actually give the SoB some more love game-wise. They do treat them like shit but to be fair GW treats everything like shit. They cancel entire games on a whim and inflate prices for no reason.
>>
>>46571433
>Also why must females space marines be the exact same height and bulk?

BECAUSE IF THEY DID NOT, THEY WOULD BE FUCKING SHITTIER THAN THE MALE ONES.

What do you people do not fucking get about this? Space Marines are WEAPONS, and they have certain standards that they need to meet, in order to be considered fucking Space Marines. Otherwise they are failed aspirants.
The female space marines would need to be exactly like the male ones, or they would not be friggin space marines, or at best, they would be shittier than the male counterparts.
>>
>>46571559
I don't give two shits.
It's her stupid fanwank, and it deserves the ridicule it gets.
>>
>>46565989
It does go directly against canon;
no Y chromosome no space marine
>>
>>46571614
>>46571586
>>46571572
>>46571559
>>46571532
>>46571486
Friendly reminder that female guardsmen are canonically equivalent to male guardsmen, and that's without power armor to help them.
>>
>>46571737
[citation needed]
>>
>>46571532
When the armor breaks down you're pretty much fucked any way, and when you're in scout armour there's still no reason for the strength disparity of real and sci-fantasy-enhanced men and women to be true, or at least not to anywhere near that level. Being a good fighter has a lot to do with mindset too, and someone who has maybe 80-90% the strength but better combat instincts, if you'll excuse the term, seems acceptable to me.
>>46571554
That's the same argument I passed on replying to.
>That could be easily managed through genetic modification
As could the hormonal situation which is used to explain why female Marines would be worse fighters. As for chromosomes, I have read that you can, theoretically, make female clones out of male genes, although not the other way around.
>>
>>46571246
People are fucking dumb. Anyone that says size doesn't matter in a fight has never fought someone bigger than them. Fought a girl once during a combative exercise while I was attending a school. I gave her a fat lip and a bad knock on the head when she fell down. I wasn't even trying to hurt her, but I tripped on the gap in the mats and fell into her. I knocked her out of training on accident and initially felt kind of bad about it. She turned out to be a cronic failure though. We'd do a ruck run and we'd end up carrying her shit so she could keep up. We'd run an obstacle course and someone would always have to pull her through. She graduated because the men around her carried her. I think about that now and I kind of regret not punching her in the mouth when I had the chance. She and people like her are going to drag our whole army down.
>>
>>46571737
>mechanics aren't an abstraction
This is a fluff debate. In the 40k fluff women are still smaller and less physically capable than men.
>>
>>46571642
Nigger you have strong opinions for someone who gives <2 shits.
>>
>>46571809
But your anecdotal story didn't even say anything about size, it just proved that girl sucked at physical matters.
>>
>>46571844
I have an opinion on the female space marine subject in general, and that is "if they were possible to be made, they would be exactly the same as male ones, and virtually indistinguishable, because if they weren't, they wouldn't be space marines.

As for the game of the idiot in the OP, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>46571805
>Being a good fighter has a lot to do with mindset too, and someone who has maybe 80-90% the strength but better combat instincts, if you'll excuse the term, seems acceptable to me.
Males have better combat instincts than women. Even if they were perfectly equal in that respect there would be no motivation or reward for taking the 10-20% physical downgrade for your top-tier incredibly expensive elite troops.
>>
>>46571805
>"physical difference don't matter because of armour"
>remove armour
>"doesn't matter, because they're physically the same"

Being a good solder has a lot to do with physical fitness. 99% of the time you're not fighting, you're doing physically demanding shit. And the sad truth is that vast majority of women pushing themselves in physical stuff can end up really fucking themselves over. And yet fall short of men.
>>
>>46571737
friendly reminder that tabletop stats are abstracted quite heavily

friendly reminder that we know what happens to boys/girls who have their puberty fucked with thanks to the nazis

friendly reminder that the adolescent initiates, as part of their transformation, get pumped full of muscle and skeletal building chemicals that would turn any potential female applicants into the same meat mountains the men turn into

And unlike Halo's spartans, marines actually need those massive barrel chests to contain all their extra organs. You just plain can't have lithe, feminine space marines.
>>
>>46571805

Guess how I can tell you're a civilian.

I'm all for allowing women in front line combat roles, but mixed sex units and lowering standards to allow women in roles such as special forces or infantry is stupid.
>>
>>46571946
>Males have better combat instincts than women
Hormonally we're bound to be more aggressive, sure, but that can be fixed though hormonal manipulation. But just like all male Space Marines aren't physical equals, they aren't equals in talent, even though all of them are top fucking percentage in both. Just like that there's bound to be a bunch of women who have a talent for fighting that is much above what the lousiest (who are still great) male Space Marines have, or had before being augmented so much. Those top fucking PPM could, I figure, probably be worth a 10% drop in strength.
>>
>>46572117
>Those top fucking PPM could, I figure, probably be worth a 10% drop in strength.
Shame they'd have a 100% fatality rate in initiation thanks to incompatible genes.

The assassinorum would be taking the top percentile, anyways.
>>
Why is nobody complaining about male Callidus?

It seems it's a-okay to have some handwave bullshit thing to have slutty latex fetish assassins but a literal, logical, factually grounded reason for not using females in extremely lethal, deadly, crushing process like astartes creation invented by a completely male, super patriarch is not okay?
>>
>>46572116
I'm still not talking about modern armies. In fact, I was talking about modern armies earlier, and said just what you're saying: in modern armies women aren't as good because it involves lots of carrying heavy shit long distances and dashing and adrenaline in combat situations. But this is not a modern army we're discussing, it's 40K, and between power armour, all the augmentation available, and the immense proportional decrease in shit they have to lug around, the situations aren't comparable.
>>
>>46571929
But bro, they can put two extra organs in they titties
>>
>>46572166
because the people who whine only care about the most popular army
>>
>>46566061

People who think this is a useful tactic against people who are objectively wrong are part of the problem. All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.
>>
>>46572213
>weaponized fem-marine boobs
Why ISN'T this a thing?
>>
>>46572194

Why would you waste augments on a less compatible, physically inferior candidate?
>>
>>46572166
Because nobody cares about the Callidus, and because this isn't a "there needs to be equal representation in everything" thread.
>>
>>46572213
>the breasts will detach in combat and explode the enemy when the marine suffers a chest impact
>>
>>46572117
>that can be fixed though hormonal manipulation

Anon, pumping women full of testosterone and other shit males have in vast quantities is not good for women. Not to forget that subjecting women to the same physical stress as men go to in physically demanding work, can fuck their bodies badly.

>all male Space Marines aren't physical equals

Of course not. But if you have to place bets on men and women, the odds are in the man's favor vast majority of times. Look at, say, Olympic scores between men and women. How many female athletes do you see who would be even in the top 10 of male events?

Why would you bother with the inferior stock, which you're actively damaging by subjecting them to the same regiment, when you can go all dudes?
>>
>>46572319

There doesn't need to be equal representation in space marines.
>>
>>46572166

I don't understand. There ARE male Callidus though?
>>
>>46572296
Because the physical disparity can be lessened and there are other aspects that can more than make up for it. It's not like I'm saying the numbers should be equal either, I'm saying that after turning them both into hulking super soldiers a vastly superior female fighter could be better than a merely superior male fighter.
>>
>>46572117
The Imperium has trillions of citizens and there are only about 1 million space marines. There would be no need to use females. They would have more than enough prime males who are superior Astartes candidates than every single woman.
>>
Why do you want to make the Imperium more liberal than it is? Isn't it meant to be a feudal shithole with backwards beliefs anyway? Why would you ever want gender-equality in the theocratich, feudal, backwards, post-apocalyptic, catholic space nazis, space empire?
>>
>>46572366
Need? No, but some people want it. And that wasn't the question.
>>
File: female marines1.png (2MB, 1241x1690px) Image search: [Google]
female marines1.png
2MB, 1241x1690px
>>46567144

She is right though. There did use to be fem marines. She's also within her right to want what she damn well pleases regardless of how much it annoys some spergs on the internet.
>>
>>46572367

There's literally like a handful. Why is the vast, vast majority (as in 95% or more) of Callidus female only?

Because females use the morphing medicine better? That's a million times more retarded than the reason why we don't have female marines.

Also, why don't we ever see female Vindicares? Females would seem to be far more patient and suited for long range tasks.

If you go by the physical requirements of becoming one of the major four assassins, females shouldn't be featured in any of them.
>>
>>46572388

But the best males are always better physically than the best females in all modern day sports. The Imperium is big enough that it doesn't have to deal with using 2nd-stringers as raw material.

simply put, the Imperium is so big that statistically there will always be better males aspirants available.
>>
File: Challenge #36.jpg (81KB, 637x824px) Image search: [Google]
Challenge #36.jpg
81KB, 637x824px
>>46572420
>posting this old bait

Fuck off, m8.
>>
>>46572388

Why would you waste your time lessening a physical disparity when you could ignore it altogether by choosing males?

>there are other aspects that can more than make up for it

Clearly there aren't. Not in real life, or any fictional setting. The only benefits are all asspulls to try to cover up the fact that choosing females for such a combat role is stupid.
>>
>>46572405
Sure, but on the other hand, why is it necessary for that particular discrimination to exist?
>>
3 meter tall supersoldiers who all look vaguely like Samus Aran? Sign me the fuck up.
>>
File: 1460235329835.png (2MB, 1256x1685px) Image search: [Google]
1460235329835.png
2MB, 1256x1685px
>>46572420
I gotchu senpai

>>46572457
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>46565448
No immediate concern. Amusement at the whining threads on 40k. Fap to the r34 of cute girls in power armor and the things that happen to them.

40k isn't even a good setting, why get so pissy about changes to it.
>>
>>46572364
You don't even need to use that example.

If you were to go to a college, for example, 97% of the time upon asking a random male and a random female to conduct upper body exercise, the male will be stronger than the female.

And while there's a lot of variance, when you look at standardized training situations(such as military service, for example), the results become more damming. While the overall difference between males and females shrinks slightly(due to, on average, women having more of growth in terms of strength and endurance training), the outliers between the two groups becomes more standardized. So the strongest women get caught up to by the rest of the females, and make no major improvements themselves.

Are their exceptions to this? Sure, genetic variation is most certainly a thing. But exceptions serve to prove the rules.
>>
The primarchs weren't grills. Space Marines are quasi clones of the primarchs
>>
>>46572434
Technically all branches of the assassinorum would have male and female operatives. Except MAYBE the eversors, thanks to their more brutal doctrines.

The models are just men because GW thankfully doesn't give a fuck about equal representation.
>>
>>46572434

Its been stated in the fluff all the assassin temples have male and female assassins. GW just hasn't shown any female ones. That isn't a problem with canon or fans, its a problem with the writers.
>>
>>46572438
Yes, and I'm talking about the year 40K in which the physical difference can be lessened. How it works in the real world, where we can't turn people into super soldiers or outfit them in power armour, is of some but not that much importance. Is it even known how power armour works, as in does it magnify strength proportionally or does it add a certain amount of strength regardless of the wearer?
>>
>>46572434
What exactly do you think the reason we don't have female marines is?

And are there not female Vindicares? I always just assumed the reason they're usually depicted as men was just GW's laziness (a la the Imperial Guard) and that they existed off-screen, as it were.
>>
>>46565989

>arguing the "Science" of genetics in a setting where demons from space, undead robots, and a species of mushrooms independently developed a soccer hooligan vernacular, is kind of silly when you think about it.

It's hilarious to me that /tg/ has an easier time accepting that Marines can be werewolves, vampires or flaming ghost men than swallow the idea of female marines.
>>
>>46572484
Why is it necessary for it to not exist? You don't see anyone demanding there to be male Sisters, do you? Nobody's bitching about dem damn feminists having their own "no boys allows" club there. But the moment you have "no girls allows", it's suddenly sexist patriarchy and virgin boys club discriminating against women who want to get into the game.

That narrative is growing so old.
>>
>>46572514
It's a hombrew, m8. That's from the time when other magazines could just print shit for games they didn't own.
>>
>>46565448
Apathy bordering on dislike.
There's no reason TO make female Space Marines.
Same as there's no reason to make male Howling Banshees.
>>
>>46572514
If you must ask, you can just go ahead and fuck off even harder.
>>
>>46572388
Incorrect. Training in military environments actually increases the physical disparity between men and women.

A huge majority, like 98-99%, of women are simply not suited for combat roles. Every piece of data and research conducted by various organizations confirms this, as do the recruitment numbers for various militarizes that have unisex combat MOSs.

This doesn't even begin to get into the hygenic, social, and other physical problems that you run into.

Humanity, like every other species on the planet, exhibits sexual dimorphism. To believe otherwise is the height of folly.
>>
>>46572587
What if SoB were fluffed to be on par with them in combat ability, given complementary table rules, and the factions would wear honorary colors of another side if a chapter and a sisters order got particularly prone to teaming up?

Cause I'd be down for that.
>>
>>46572565

But why settle for less than the best? It doesn't matter how it can be lessened as long as there is a difference.
>>
>>46572619
>like every other species on the planet
This is wrong, some species are all female and reproduce by parthenogenesis, some species are not the same sexual model as us, and some don't reproduce sexually. But otherwise carry on.
>>
>>46572576
Sexism. They'll deny it until they're blue in the face, but that's all it boils down to.
>>
>>46572583
Ah, I see.
Well thank you for correcting me then.

>>46572606
why so hostile m8?
Does the sight of women really trigger you so much?
>>
>>46572644
That would be fine.
I'd make it like, one shoulder pad though, like the Deathwatch.
That way the Sister's Order is still visible, which is extremely important.
>>
>>46572673
I really should just say mammals, because that's what I mean.
>>
>>46572579
Why not reverse it, then? You can have the Brothers of Battle if Space Marines can be female only. Easy to make up new retarded fluff as for why that'll be the case.
>>
>>46572644
Don't they generally dislike each other? Like, a lot?

Also, marines are, like gigantic, both in fluff and on the table. If a tiny little SoB model was functionally the same as Big McLargeHuge, I feel like it'd murder the kind of dominating atmosphere that the marines are supposed to convey.
>>
>>46565448
Gotta say, it's amazing that someone gets so anally devastated that they actually go and code a game.
I mean it's kind of a shame, but still admirable that you can turn your frustrations into something productive, isn't it?

But seriously, >>46565518 /thread
Although I'd add "sexual arousal" as a third item on the list.
>>
File: 1457068611458.gif (212KB, 625x373px) Image search: [Google]
1457068611458.gif
212KB, 625x373px
Lets get this thread to bump limit because the janitors can't get their shit together.
>>
>>46572691
Careful guys, I think this one's on to us! We'd better get into our giant penis-shaped zeppelin and fly back to Manbaby Mountain to plot our next patriarchal scheme.
>>
>>46572434
>Because females use the morphing medicine better? That's a million times more retarded than the reason why we don't have female marines.
That's the exact same reason as "muh Y chromosome", as in completely arbitrary.
>>46572468
I have already addressed this: because it's entirely reasonable to assume that there are women whose mental aptitude could more than make up for the potentially miniscule difference in raw strength.
>>46572579
>Why is it necessary for it to not exist?
It isn't, but "why not not have female Marines" is a rather weak reason compared to "I'm a woman who wants to play a woman who kicks ass and takes names", I feel. Again, if Sisters were worth a damn, but, they're not.
>>46572619
I'm talking about hormonal manipulation,and power armour, hormones accounting for most of the real life scenario you're describing.
>>
>>46572697
No, baiting shits pushing the same old "hurr, female SM were totally a thing" shit from a non-GW publication with no affiliation to them is tiring and can just fuck the right off.

Being a good little feminist ally doesn't get you laid, buddy, stop trying to weave your narrative. This shit is so old it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>46572710
>This is wrong, some mammal species are all female and reproduce by parthenogenesis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenogenesis#Mammals

>There are no known cases of naturally occurring mammalian parthenogenesis in the wild. Parthenogenetic progeny of mammals would have two X chromosomes, and would therefore be female.

Come again? Just leave it at "species" because at least then you'd be right.
>>
>>46572691
I don't think the issue is as simple as that, personally.

I mean, yea, sexism is certainly a thing and likely at least part of a reason, but I also think it's got less to do with that and more to do with the fact that fandoms don't like change at all.

I mean, I think of this the same way I think of when people freaked out about the changes to the Wolves, to the Ultramarines, to the Grey Knights, and all of the stuff like that.

They base their perception of the canon on a set of rules, and when those rules get changed or people talk about changing them, they get angry about it. They're not mad because people want space marines to be equal in gender, they're mad because someone's trying to change the canon.

Like, it's as shitty a reason as anything else, but I don't think it's guided by simple sexism.
>>
>>46572778

>I have already addressed this: because it's entirely reasonable to assume that there are women whose mental aptitude could more than make up for the potentially miniscule difference in raw strength.

Why would anyone care about mental apptitude when you spend ONE HUNDRED YEARS BEING BRAINWASHED?
>>
>>46572707
I can dig that.

>>46572728
Generally, that's what would make their allying up special enough to give commendation. "These losers are alright. We give them our seal of approval." is a message of note to give to your comrades. Otherwise some Scout might not know the Hospitalier on that ship he's landed on isn't just some asstard worshiping his great*n grandfather.

>Also, marines are, like gigantic, both in fluff and on the table. If a tiny little SoB model was functionally the same as Big McLargeHuge, I feel like it'd murder the kind of dominating atmosphere that the marines are supposed to convey.
I mean, that's why I said complementary. That implies one complements the other. You don't wind up the same by doing that, you wind up as cooperatively competent foils of one another.
>>
>>46572724
>Why not reverse it, then?

Why should they? What does GW get from changing the fluff, the product line, etc. to suit your needs?
>>
>>46572691
>>46572774
>>>/co/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>46572774
Fuck you guys. You never let me ride the zeppelin and I always have to commute on that gay motorbike.
>>
>>46572795
I think you misread us.
>>
>>46572650
Because just like there's a best, there's a best of the best, and a best of the best of the best, as evident by the assload of lore where individual Marines do shit regular Marines can barely dream of, despite identical augmentation. I'm saying being the best of the best of the best in one aspect can make up for not being the best in another, assuming such a large difference in strength would even exist after augmentation. I'm not speaking for 50-50 f:m ratio, but maybe 10-90.
>>
>>46572795
What?

I was replying to the guy.

I should say "Humanity, like every other mammal on the planet, exhibits sexual dimorphism."

Which, I'll be honest, I have no idea if it's true. All my studies for the topic were centered around the physical differences between humans, and sexual dimorphism kept coming up. It's just an easy ass statement for online discussions, since it carries the point without having to get into the specifics.
>>
>>46572724
Why would anyone want Brothers of Battle collecting dust next to their Sisters?
>>
File: baitdesu.jpg (36KB, 345x503px) Image search: [Google]
baitdesu.jpg
36KB, 345x503px
Congratulations on getting this thread to bump limit you bunch of autistic freaks.
>>
>>46572778
"I'm a woman who wants to play a woman who kicks ass and takes names" is an even weaker reason to demand female space marines, when you got a whole host of armies to choose from.

You got Eldar, Tau, IG, Admech, etc. All which can have all female armies if you so wish. But you don't. You just see a "no girls allowed" sign and it's a red cloth to you that you must charge ahead and fight, because social pressure has convinced you that anything that's not beneficial to women and only women is bad wrong fun.
>>
>>46572927
Thanks.
>>
>>46572927
If janitors won't do their fucking job, someone else has to.
>>
>>46572927
I'm still wondering where the mods are. In the old days this b8 was just as strong. Too strong, so they would go nuclear and nuke female space marine threads hard. Nowadays they let some shit low effort troll get away with a few threads and then nuke them zealously once they start to bite off more than they can chew.
>>
File: squad morale broken.jpg (250KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
squad morale broken.jpg
250KB, 800x600px
>>46572774

You joke, but have you ever wondered why this hobby is 100% bonafide pussy repellent? Look at this thread, it's a bunch of grown men throwing a bitch fit, because a chick tried to fluff a female marine chapter in a sandbox sci fi setting. Manbaby Mountain seems pretty spot on.
>>
>>46572956
The problem I have with that statement is that Space Marines are the straight up face of the hobby. They're what everyone sees, and let's be honest, they're what pretty much everyone plays.

So it's easy to feel like the hobby fails to represent women when a huge portion of the games being played, the armies owned, and the models marketed don't involve female minis at all.
>>
>>46572832
You did say complementary. I'm dumb.

I don't think they'd really want to share colors, though. They're both pretty insular organizations, so the SoB'd probably want to show off their own individuality rather than have their efforts on the battlefield be attributed to someone else. Plus I don't think even the nicer chapters would be on board with the idea, what with the whole battle brothers schtick they have going on.
>>
>>46572811
I don't mean strength of faith or indoctrination, but rather, you know, a bunch of stuff. Physical co-ordination, mental discipline, whatever it is that makes one person of the same size better at fighting than the next guy, all the stuff that can differ between male Marines and determine how well they do. Male Marines are of course all great at all of it, but why not include the few women who're equivalent to the absolute best Marines in matters not purely strength-related, assuming you can manipulate their strength to an acceptable level?
>>
Oh, hey, I remember this bait from last year.
>>
>>46572869

There are things humans do that SM could only dream of in the damn lore.

Living Saints
Assassins
Knights
etc.

Those are people who are a different kind of best of the best and went a different path. There is no point in saying SM are the end all when in 40k its always the basic human holding it together.
>>
>>46573029
>but have you ever wondered why this hobby is 100% bonafide pussy repellent?
Wargaming's always been a male-dominated hobby. 40k didn't start it.
>>
>>46572956

But *gasp* what if she doesn't want female Eldar, Tau, IG, Admech? What if she wants female marines?
>>
>>46572579
>You don't see anyone demanding there to be male Sisters, do you?
Probably because SoB is a shit faction with garbage rules and worse fluff.
>>
>>46572867
Apparently I have. You may want to rephrase that instead of assuming people will add the right words to the right spot that you want it in.

>>46572892
And I'll back you up about the dimorphism. My whole beef was with the "Mammals are capable of parthnogenesis" quip.
>>
>>46573127
Then we'll put her in the corner as the same tard who wants a male SoB.
>>
File: TheEnd.jpg (27KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
TheEnd.jpg
27KB, 450x600px
Threads at bump limit lads. We're done here.
>>
>>46573035
Initiates are usually taken in at a young age, with the current chapter leaders basically giving their best guesses as to who would survive the conversion. It's hard to tell who would actually make a good marine until you've already invested limited and valuable resources into them. Assuming we take the whole the-primarchs-were-dudes genetic-compatibility thing off the table, I still don't think most chapter masters would want to take that kind of chance when they have a tried-and-true method already open to them.
>>
>>46573030
If I want to play with barbies or ponies, my first thought isn't "why the fuck aren't there more fat hairy space marines with guns to cater to MY needs?"

Nobody's bitching about Metroid, Tomb Raider, Mirror's Edge, etc. having a female face for the franchise and not catering to men with male characters. But when it's a man, it's bad and must be replaced by a woman or at least made a multi-ethnic group of various sexual orientations in a rainbow of unity and joy. Except no whities, fuck the whities.
>>
>>46572956
I'm not a woman, and I don't like or want to play FemMarines. I'm just saying I don't entirely buy the reasons not to have them, and that the people who want them have pretty good reason for wanting them. They don't want to play IG or Eldar, they want to play Marines. And they don't want all-male Marines. And no, the reason I'mn giving is absolutely a better one: failing to include something simply because you yourself doesn't want it, when there are others that do, is bottom of the barrel stuff. Don't get me wrong though, it's not like I'm saying you're responsible or to blame for anything, obviously neither of us can influence GW policy, and it's not exactly a big deal either. I'm not one of those crazy people who start insulting someone's family and heritage over small shit like this.
>>
>>46573127
What if I want humans that act and play like nids lmao
>>
>>46573127
Then she's shit out of luck and has to get fat and write on tumblr about how the game is not catering to her specific needs.
>>
>>46573114
And before 40K and Chainmail wargaming was pretty much entirely male model only, due to historical accuracy. It's basically the same situation, only now there's no historical base for it (save the established canon, of course).
>>
>>46573210
>They don't want to play IG or Eldar, they want to play Marines.
>And they don't want all-male Marines.
Warrior brotherhoods are a core part of marine fluff. If they don't want that, they don't want marines.
>>
>>46573166

>We'll ostracize people for liking things we don't like

I love the mental image of a fat neckbeard screaming at a little girl about all the reasons why she is wrong to say her fantasy super-soldiers have lady bits.
>>
>>46573166
You can have males in an all-Sisters army, but you can't have females in an all-Marines army.
>>
>>46573287

Then change the word brother to sister. Done. You have Space Wolves whoring, drinking, feasting and team-killing despite 'ascetic warrior monk' being "core fluff". There is a marine variant for almost anything and the two missing primarchs exist for the entire purpose of making shit up.
>>
File: I_am_silly!.png (66KB, 810x800px) Image search: [Google]
I_am_silly!.png
66KB, 810x800px
>>46573293
I too love strawmen
>>
>>46573166
Except that you can absolutely justify a male religious army in 40k.

Hell, there's plenty of canon Chapters that all but amount to "Male SoB"
>>
>>46573210

Lets all take a stepback.

Alright lets say it was written into the lore of a great and widely appreciated fantasy novel that females were the only people who could use magic.

Why? Who the fuck knows.

Would any bitch about it? No.

If the guys could use magic by using magical tools to mimic them while never being as effective it would be cool and lore friendly. Everyone likes it, it doesn't step on any toes or any previous written works.
Now lets make the magic users male and the magic tool users female. And we get a parallel to SM and SoB.
>>
>>46573029
Reducing the whole thread to a "bitch fit" is a bit mean, isn't it? Hardly anyone is actually talking about OP's image. Sure, some people are just whining, but most are just talking about it or debating the idea.
>>
>>46573303
Technically no, because the men are all inquisition or ecclesiarchy, and the sisters are a separate (if linked) organization.

You could just as easily ally in some female inquisition, assassin, sister, ecclesiarchy or guardsmen models to your marine army.
>>
>>46573242

Then you already got your wish with Genestealer Cults.
>>
>>46573376
>Then change the word brother to sister. Done.
You have the sisters of battle. Done.
>>
>>46572644
I don't even follow 40k and I know that's fucking retarded. Why would women in armor be on par with genetically engineered supermen in armor?
>>
>>46573401
I do enjoy the fact that in an SoB army, the only male models you can take are people who are in charge of them.
>>
>>46573422
I think the only one that applies is Ork and Eldar. You can do Tau with Gue'vesa but Tau players will get mad for the straight up palette swap.
>>
>>46573401
Penitent engines can have both male and female pilots, although GW hasn't modeled a male pilot. Are PEs not a part of the SoB armory?
>>
>>46573287
Remove fucking and increase hormonal level to the maximum and you basically remove most the reason why brotherhoods of warriors are brotherhoods and not siblinghoods. The sausage fest that are historical armies were and are the way they were and are for good reason, I don't dispute that at all. Give 'em huge gainz, 1000% testosterone, remove their sex drive, indoctrinate them for several decades, cut or shave their hair, put them in power armour, and let them fight side by side for 50 years and I think the cultural difference is gonna be minor.
>>
>>46573210
>the reason I'm giving is absolutely a better one

According to what? Because of a hypothetical women who just loves space marines, but hates everything that makes a space marine a space marine and demands GW to change them to suit their needs? Yes, that's totally the better alternative.

I want to play Tyranids, but I don't want them to be all alien and nothing but monsters. Can we change them into a race that uses machines and vehicles instead. Like cyborgs. Humanoids in size with guns and shit? I don't think that's too hard to ask for GW to cater to my specific needs.

I also want Star Wars to stop being so much about the force and instead become Star Trek with lightsabers. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. Surely they'd want to be more inclusive for my personal preferences.
>>
>>46573384

>Straw man

You said you'd throw them into a corner. How is that not ostracising people for liking the wrong thing? In what way did that represent your words at all?
>>
>>46573431

But they aren't augmented and are worse in every way. You know damn well its not the same.
>>
>>46573564
She's not liking the wrong thing, she's demanding the whole game to change to suit her needs.
>>
>>46573501
They're basically more elaborate arco-flagellants, I'm pretty sure.

>>46573489
Technically speaking? ecclesiarchal priests are lower in rank and status than any adept, of which the sisters are.
>>
>>46573190
But they do have ways of weeding out the hopeless cases, and, again depending on the hormonal effect on final muscle power, could simple raise the bar for female recruits, not compared to men but compared to other women. Say they take, X percentage of men who're tried. Then let them take 0.1X percentage of an equal number women who're tried. Even then you might end up with half as large a percentage of women passing, out of the accepted total of women of course, compared to the total percentage of men who make it to the end.
>>
>>46573592
>women get what they want and aren't happy about it

More news at 11.
>>
>>46573604
>The whole game
>One piece of fluff that no one actually cares about except for during internet arguments
>>
>>46573592
BS4, same gear, lower price. From a WAAC point of view, sisters were better until grav and free transports came into the picture.
>>
>>46573390
But we're not talking about a novel, we're talking about a game. And if someone wrote a game where only women can play wizards, do you think /tg/ would be OK with that shit? I doubt we'd even be willing to homebrew that shit, we'd be too angry over SJWs in gaming.
>>
>>46573564
It's a very vague analogy which can just mean disapproval and dismissively thinking they're stupid. It doesn't have to involve open hostility or refusing to play with their lorebreaking minis.
>>
>>46572213
Post ending in 9 determines what super organ is in the right titty

Rollin: the Bancolumbalzor

Exudes a milky healing protein
>>
File: PenitentEngineNEW02.jpg (37KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
PenitentEngineNEW02.jpg
37KB, 600x620px
>>46573501
>GW hasn't modeled a male pilot

Yes they have.

And no, it's not SoB unit, it's an Ecclesiarchy unit. Sisters as well as priests and other Ecclesiarchy personnel who do wrong and need to be punished are strapped to them. Repentias are Sisters only.
>>
>>46573666
>one piece of fluff that stops her from playing the game

FTFY
>>
>>46573645
That (sort of) makes sense in theory, but what incentive would a chapter master have to actually do that? You'd need to experiment just to figure out how much you need to "raise the bar" by to get a good result. What benefit does taking those extra steps yield? A few soldiers who are as good as their other soldiers? Its' more work for the same payout, and in a universe where not being at top strength at any given moment could result in your whole cadre getting eaten by space bugs, It's just not a sound investment of resources.
>>
>>46573516
>According to what? Because of a hypothetical women who just loves space marines, but hates everything that makes a space marine a space marine and demands GW to change them to suit their needs? Yes, that's totally the better alternative.
That's not the situation at all. They want Space Marines to be exactly what they are, only with women too. I see no reason why, aside from arbitrary 40K science, FemMarines change the fundamental nature of what Space Marines are. I mean, Star Wars isn't Star Trek just because, it's Star Wars because it has the qualities of Star Wars and not of Star Trek, which are fundamentally incompatible at basically every level of the lore and message. What qualities of Space Marines are so fundamental that women can't be part of it?
>>
How dare you sexist cis shitlords care about adhering to fluff. That's problematic!
>>
>>46573860
The fluff of 40k is that everything you can think of can possibly exist.

The only rule I know of that is considered iron clad is that no Grey Knight has ever fallen to Chaos.
>>
>>46573907
>as it turns out grey knights were secretly female and they slaughtered the sisters of battle because they had bigger tits and prettier hair
>>
>>46573841
>They want

Who? Who wants it? Who really wants it?

This is equal to "we can't do X because someone, somewhere might possibly be offended by it." I don't give a shit about hypothetical people whose entry to 40k is entirely weighed on the shoulders of there not being any female space marines.
>>
>>46573907
>The fluff of 40k is that everything you can think of can possibly exist.
uh, no
>>
>>46573794
That's true, and I don't know how resource-exhaustive it is for them to gather and recruits. But on the other hand it's not like all Chapters have entirely reasonable recruitment methods as things are, and I suppose it wouldn't have to be the same for every Chapter either. Could be reserved for the more reasonable and methodical Chapters, who'd be better able to control the results. Haven't really thought much about the details yet.
>>46574033
I don't know, the people who say they do. I sure as hell hope some of them really mean or, or I'm making an ass of myself. In which case ignorance is bliss, I suppose.
>>
>>46573907
*could

Through sheer size of the galaxy and the warp (we've already got them through chaos space marines but outside of that no). That doesn't mean things that *could* exist *do* exist. Female primarchs could've existed, in fact Malcador wanted female primarchs, but they don't. Which is why we don't have female space marines. They're primarchlets.
>>
>>46573841
Warrior brotherhoods are a thing. They have their own unique flavor and atmosphere, which the (existing chapters of) Space Marines take pretty heavy advantage of with the whole "battle brothers" thing. Yeah, there's a conceptual "no girls allowed" sign on the idea, and maybe that's sexist, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a thing that people enjoy.
>>
>2017
>New SoB codex
>One of the missing Primarchs is rediscovered
>It's a woman
>Sisters of Battle have been decently being implanted with her gene seed all this time
How many of you rage quit?
>>
Name a tabletop that caters to women.

if it exists what is it?
if it does not exist why not?

Player campaign games (such as DnD and the like) are not allowed because such games literally revolve around the player.
>>
>>46574215
if AoS couldn't make me ditch my fantasy army, I doubt anything they do with 40k could do it.

It'll just mean more people playing 2nd edition with me.
>>
>>46574215
>Decently
Secretly
>>
>>46574188
I agree, I just think... actually, see
>>46573503
>>
>>46574270
Do you mean caters to women too, or to women specifically?
>>
>>46574215
I wouldn't because Games Workshop ultimately has the say of what is and isn't cannon, and they say female Space Marines aren't a thing. Not saying I agree or not, but they say "No" so the answer is "No".
>>
>>46574215
Wish they would've done it sooner. Like decades ago. It will come across as pathetic pandering to utter fags like in the OP. No way around it, especially in this decade. Otherwise if the fluff allows it then there's no problem.
>>
>>46574168
Oh, new chapters get tossed into existence all the time. I can easily imagine a chapter whose recruiting worlds got devastated in one way or another and experimented with female recruits out of desperation, or just developed an individualistic way of doing things because of isolation from a warp storm or some other factor.

Personally, I'm not offended by the idea of a female marine conceptually, but I do think they should be carefully introduced in a lore-friendly way. What does offend me is the idea of there suddenly being female Ultramarines or whatever out of nowhere, just 'cuz.
>>
>>46574178
How do you know they don't, though?

The last two Primarchs could have easily been women, after all.
>>
>>46574168
Ok, serious time because fuck it.

Lets say we make female marines a thing. Then what? Where do they come from? Were they present since the beginning? Why are all the primarchs male? Were the two lost ones female? But they're suppose to be a mystery, so are you now forcing them to not be in order to push, I mean, forge the narrative? Do we force female marine characters into the HH caste or gender bend the existing ones?

If they're post heresy creation, who made them and why? How do you explain there being the possibility to crack the secrets of the gene-seeds, yet at the same time have shit like Bile trying his best to crack it as well? Are old 2nd founding chapters made to have females or are there females only chapters?

It's not a simple snap of the fingers and it's done. There's a whole host of fluff that either doesn't make sense anymore or has to be rewritten to suit this new narrative.
>>
>>46571004
Shooting is only one small part of being a soldier. You're also expected to march for long hours with several pounds of heavy equipment and meet a certain physical threshold. Hell, one of the American female soldiers that went through the training to become an Army Ranger (I think, either that or something to do with the Marines) advised women not to go through it since she now has a bunch of physical declarations because of it.
>>
>>46574326

Either is acceptable its just a question I seriously just thought of. My local store has a bunch of gals playing Star Wars, just wondering if there was a underlying theme.
>>
>>46574215
>GW makes a shit decision and fucks another part of the lore

Nigga, I stopped giving two shits about the lore a long time ago.
>>
>>46574393
Probably because the fluff calls the primarchs as a whole "the emperor's sons" and shit like that. It's commonly interpreted to mean that they're all men, but doesn't specifically preclude the possibility of a female.
>>
>>46574471
Oh, so you're just here to shit on people asking for gender equality. Got it.
>>
>>46574393
The whole point of the lost primarchs is that we don't know anything about them.

Second, I'd just love the "primarchs in refrigerators" threads we'd be getting if they were female.
>>
>>46574393
The emperor shooting the female primarch idea down suggests they aren't. GW made it pretty clear too.
>>
>>46574603
sad b8, m8
>>
>>46574603
Why does something being gender specific have to be against gender equality? Why can't Space Marines be monks to SoB's nuns?
>>
>>46574270
>Player campaign games (such as DnD and the like) are not allowed because such games literally revolve around the player
DnD has canon fluff that includes women in traditionally male roles. Why completely disregard settings like Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms just because they're associated with a different type of game.
>>
>>46574365
No doubt, my main reservation for adding them is definitely the fluff. Just saying "well now it was always that way" is plain wrong, and a bad explanations would be, well, bad. Not surprising, but bad is bad.
>>46574414
I'm not for any giant retcons of the "they were always there" kinds, nothing's worth that. Lost Primarch is one solution, but perhaps one I shouldn't comment on since the Primarchs have never interested me. Their overall fluff presence is fine, but the BL shit about them is, nah.
What about the Thunder Warriors? Actually, let me refresh my memory myself. But perhaps it wouldn't even have to contradict Marine fluff that way, by making them similar in function but not the same.
>>
>>46574727
The problem with SoB is that they have shit fluff and shit crunch. Bring them up to parity with Space Marines and a lot of people will stop complaining. I don't get how "separate and unequal" has ever been considered an acceptable alternative to equality.
>>
>>46574727
Because your logic ends where their feelings begin.
>>
>>46574452
Well, the Force and the Jedi has its roots, it seems to me, in a Chinese and decidedly feminine idea, of yielding, softness, and nurturing.
>>
>>46574819
Sisters will never share the same spot with Marines because people have been buying Marines forever. They didn't become as big as they are because GW just kept pushing them, but because people kept buying them. As I remember, they originally weren't even the best things out there, but people still kept playing them. You're literally asking for people to buy as much Sisters as they buy Marines, and GW to put as much money into Sisters as they do into Marines. Because without that Sisters will never be equal to Marines in popularity and exposure.
>>
>>46574819
>Bring them up to parity with Space Marines and a lot of people will stop complaining.

There's two major flaws in this argument. One, there's not a lot of people complaining, it's an insignificant amount. And two, they'll never, ever stop complaining.
>>
I can't find much about the Thunder Warriors. Does anyone know a good source of info on them and their creation? Their genetic instability seems to have been cured, and their greater physical strength could, if necessary, make up for the difference in strength between men and women. Or are they necessarily all male on the genetic level, too? Either way there was a lot of experimentation surrounding them and other super soldier projects, so maybe it could possibly work?
>>
>>46575016
I never said anything about making SoB as popular as SMs. I just said they should have better crunch and fluff. That doesn't mean they should instantly win the game or all be power level 9000 primarchs. It just means that they need to be a viable army and be fluffed as being more useful alive than dead (as much as anyone else in the Imperium).

>>46575094
First, it doesn't matter if there's only one person in the world complaining if they have a valid complaint. Second, once they no longer have a valid complaint, feel free to ignore their whining.
>>
>>46575578
>First, it doesn't matter if there's only one person in the world complaining if they have a valid complaint.

I'm sure GW does not share your view on this, and they have no plans on changing that stance.
>>
>>46575578
>if they have a valid complaint
Their complaint is not valid, because the imperium and emperor do not care about equal rights.
>>
>>46575578
>"Waaaah! This hobby doesn't cater to my very specific need."

Is not a valid complaint.
>>
>>46575578
>I just said they should have better crunch and fluff.

So does many other armies. Get in line.
>>
>>46575713
I don't even understand what you're arguing. Just that GW shouldn't feel any sort of pressure when deciding where the story goes? Just saying "SoBs should be shit because canonically they're shit" is kind of retarded, because GW could literally change that canon on a whim.
>>
40k is a plague on this board
>>
>>46575900
They could but they're going to do what they want to do because they can. Not because there's any pressure from the community. Pretty sure that's the reason they shut down their forums, they were tired of the complaining.
>>
>>46575950
>anime is a plague on 4chan
>>
>>46575796
>women shouldn't be able to be spess muhreens because muh dead imaginary character is a misogynist
wat

>>46575885
Name one faction fluffed worse than SoB, and one mechanically worse. Bonus points if you can make them the same.
>>
>>46575999
>women should be space marines because my feelings are being oppressed
>>
>>46575246
The Thunder Warriors were the predecessors of the Space Marines, back when Big E had to conquer Terra from all the techno-barbarians. There's a pretty good page on Lexicanum, and probably more information on the wiki or, yes, 1d4chan.

See, with the Thunder Warriors and, later, the Space Marines, the science of making them was done by the Emperor. He's been a gross decaying vegetable for ten thousand years, and the knowledge is lost. The modern Space Marines know the steps to follow to make a new member of their chapter, but they don't know why it works.

Sorry if I just explained something you already knew.
>>
>>46575999
Squats.
>>
>>46575999
Orks
Tyranids

>mechanically worse
SoB have been consistently decent as far as rules go. For a long time they were more competitive than marines, from a purely mechanical perspective.

>>46575963
also because portent and dakka did the same job for free. Official forums are cancer regardless of game, so I can't really blame them.
Thread posts: 417
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.