[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Star Wars General: Thanksgiving TIE-fu Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 86

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else star wars related

Previous Thread: >>43817513

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
Who's your SWaifu, SWG?
>>
File: Y-wing - nothing personal.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
Y-wing - nothing personal.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>43851887
Heard you were talkin' shit about my Y-fu.
>>
File: jumpmaster.jpg (681KB, 1600x1184px) Image search: [Google]
jumpmaster.jpg
681KB, 1600x1184px
>>43851893

>>43851899
all Y-fu's a shit and a whore
>>
What is a good rate of levelling up in Saga Edition?
>>
>>43851899
Speaking of glorious Y-fus, I'm "starting" a Starfighter based campaign tomorrow (not really, we're just doing character creation and backgrounds), and the players are going to pick what type of ship their squadron flies, Z-95s, Y-Wings, B-Wings, X-Wings or A-Wings. I'm going to throw together some special rules for the craft they pick to help accentuate and encourage their style of flying.

Problem is, I'm stumped after the B-Wing, which I buffed the System Strain Threshold on to 10 on though now you double any System Strain gains from Threat spent while making Piloting checks. In addition you have the ability to spend personal Strain to upgrade the Handling by one per Strain suffered for the rest of the turn. Finally, when ships larger than it target its front arc, they must add a Setback die for each difference in Silhouette. I think they're a good way of representing the B-Wing a finicky hangar queen strike fighter who excels at bullying larger ships but can be surprisingly nimble, if she holds together and the pilot can manage the unorthodox controls.

So, with that example anyone go ideas for the rest of the ensemble?
>>
>>43852136

>Z95's
Should have some sort of bonus to maintenance, like its super easy, and finding spare parts should always be easy. After that, its a rather plane-jane unremarkable craft.

>Y-Wing
Same as above, but should also reflect age - if the Z95 is easy to keep running, the Y-Wing should be easy to keep running, but should always have issues that never go away - quirks or the like. But the thing is still rugged as all fuck, and i would suggest buffing its shields a bit, and giving it some ability to withstand crits, strain, and hull damage much better then any other fighter. A Y-Wing is the Star Wars equivalent of the P40 Warhawk - rugged, but old.

>A-Wing
Is the opposite, holy shit. An A-Wing should need constant maintenance, constant tuning, after everything it does. Its a high performance custom machine, and rewards all the work with SPEED and AGILITY. but if it gets hit, should take twice to three times as long to repair, and always needs tune ups even if it did nothing. Treat it like a ferrari or a race car.

>X-Wing
No idea, it should really be the best of all worlds, and its main drawback is parts and logistics. It can take a bit of a beating, relatively easy to keep going, and a nice all around performer.
>>
>>43852177
Good ideas but a lot of them focus on maintenance, which will be pretty nebulous in this campaign because they operate from a carrier with their own support crew (unless they want to do their own work on the ship, ala Riggers). Had a couple more ideas:

>Z95
Gets one free Signature Vehicle upgrade from the Rigger tree/an extra Hardpoint and Modification. Not sure which would be more balanced. Would help push the idea that almost every Z-95 left has had some kind of aftermarket work or custom parts added. Swingwings masterrace

>Y-Wing
Can ignore one Crit per session. Need more ideas.

>A-Wing
Still no ideas for gameplay ability.

>X-Wing
Like a Dream: Once per encounter, you can choose to forgo rolling one Piloting (Space) check and instead simply pass with 1 Success and no Advantage.
>>
File: star_wars_23.jpg (419KB, 1800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_23.jpg
419KB, 1800x1013px
>>43852471
I reckon upping the system strain on this bird needs to go up around 10-12 or so, they pump out some big power and they're a bit of a hot-rod.
Arbitrarily, I'd also probably consider 2-4 more hits per craft as well, just so they're not completely shit, unless of course you're using the shield and other house rules will help them hold together for a hit or 2. Which I think is kind of important for PC's, sure "realistically" they blow up a lot, but its a bit lame when you're sort of counting on them at least surviving an adventure!

For the Z95, there's also the Z95 heavy with a hyperdrive which is sort of a poor-mans x-wing.

You could also throw in something like a Sleuth with upgraded sensors (out to long/extreme) which could be a bit of an AWACs kind of craft and handy for recon/rescue as they can have a passenger if needed... well, when someone gets their shit wrecked and has to eject.

Sounds like it would be a fun game though
>>
>>43852578
duh- A-wing up the strain to 10-12

>late, time for bed
>>
>>43852587
>late, time for bed
Pfft, I'm an Aussie too, sleep's for the weak/week
>>
>>43852471
>A-wing
Cannon rotation to let it cover the vertical plane, much like in Legends? Alternately, maybe something to simulate XWM's Push the Limit--spending strain to do some sort of additional action or improve his dice pool during his turn.
>>
>>43852578
And yeah, I'm using Norton's Housrules + the Shield Houserules as well as this set of dogfighting houserules I found that replaces Gain the Advantage with a Dogfight system allowing players to do stuff like get on the opponents six, pick which arc they attack etc. and introduces some opposed piloting checks to make that matter more in starfighter combat.

>>43852608
Both those ideas are actually great, thinking Push the Limit would be System Strain, encouraging A-Wing pilots to go into Hotshot for High-G training so they can offload some of it into personal Strain.
>>
>>43851887
Do I dare dip into Armada this BF? I want to.
>>
File: Keep busy to clear the mind.jpg (2MB, 1824x1124px) Image search: [Google]
Keep busy to clear the mind.jpg
2MB, 1824x1124px
>>43851775
>trying to make things or take them apart to see how they work, while I'm supposed to be playing a jedi
Pic related is one of the few things Republic did during its coverage of the Clone Wars that I liked.
>>
Okay, with Christmas coming soon, I want to start collecting X-Wing miniatures. I'm definitely going with the Force awakens kit (8 year old son loves Star Wars, so force awakens has him bouncing off walls) but I'm stumped on what to get after that. Any Suggestions?
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/27/swarm-tactics/

Preview of new TIE Pilots that come with Gozanti. I'm liking Wampa.
>>
File: A-6E.jpg (137KB, 1310x556px) Image search: [Google]
A-6E.jpg
137KB, 1310x556px
>>43852136
>>43852177
the Y-Wing is the Intruder of Star Wars
>Fighter pilots make movies, bomber pilots make history
>>
>>43853428
Pretty cool shit. Does Youngster's ability only work on TIE/LNs or do TIE/FOs count as "TIE fighters" as well?
>>
>>43853479
Yes, the "Target of Opportunity" list mentions it works on the /FOs.
>>
>>43853409
Probably just grabbing ships you/him really like. Millenium Falcon and Slave I are pretty iconic and are decent introductions into bigger ships. Classic T-65 X-Wing with Luke and R2 is in the original core set, and can be a nice way of getting extra dice and maneuver templates. The Ghost from Star Wars Rebels is coming, but won't be available until after Christmas. TIE Advanced for some Vader action; it's missing the fix that only comes with the expensive Raider ship, but it works fine on a casual level without it.
>>
>>43853224
Dunno, maybe it's just me, but Aylaa Secura and the whole hands thing got me thinking there might have been some tongue in cheek humor while writing this dialogue.
>>
>>43851893
OP gif related.

I'm also partial to my Sith Inquisitor in TOR thanks to Xanthe Elbrick having a sexy as fuck voice.
>>
File: USS_Enterprise_(April_1939).jpg (3MB, 2933x1973px) Image search: [Google]
USS_Enterprise_(April_1939).jpg
3MB, 2933x1973px
Aside from Galactic Battlegrounds' game mechanics, are conventional aquatic navies still worth using outside of ocean worlds?
>>
>>43854195
Not really, since any Imperial vessel from the Acclamator and up is blue water capable and most speeders can zoom over water at least for a few kilometers
>>
>>43853790

What, you mean the writers who brought in Master Baytes might be making sly sex jokes? You're silly.
>>
File: Z-95X.jpg (1MB, 1280x785px) Image search: [Google]
Z-95X.jpg
1MB, 1280x785px
>>43852471
>>
>>43854195
Submarines would be worth using, as well as amphibious landing craft. Bonus points if you can deploy them by simply dropping them from low altitude (preferably at night), or from a larger submarine.
>>
>>43855186
Only use I can see for subs is as C3 center that can hide and is safe from orbital strikes. Of course, when a full-sized Mon cal cruiser can sit underwater and do that, traditional subs aren't of much value
>inb4 nuke guy decides to grace us with his red-hot opinions
>>
File: STAR WARS WTF.jpg (49KB, 511x531px) Image search: [Google]
STAR WARS WTF.jpg
49KB, 511x531px
>>43851899
>nothing personal
You mean "nothing PERSONNEL"
>>
Reunification is a monster of a campaign. It's torture. This is what it's like to be Daala.

Fucking ICW.
>>
File: 1432591049982.jpg (138KB, 1000x831px) Image search: [Google]
1432591049982.jpg
138KB, 1000x831px
>>43855471
>STAR WARS WTF
You mean "STAR WTF WARS"
>>
File: can't cleave the sheeve.jpg (187KB, 685x571px) Image search: [Google]
can't cleave the sheeve.jpg
187KB, 685x571px
>>43854195

I can't see why any sort of watercraft would be necessary in this setting unless you're attacking targets that are physically underwater.

Sort of like how IRL aircraft carriers and bombers made conventional battleships obsolete in WWII. They just didn't need them anymore.
>>
>>43855471
Is it wrong that I really like that thing?

More in a "it amuses me" way, rather than thinking it is a good design, but still.
>>
What's the cheapest you've seen the FFG RPG core books going for? Looks like ~$30 new on Amazon.
>>
>>43851887
>>43851899
What are these gifs from?
>>
>>43856653
Star Wars Tie Fighter short animation. Look it up on youtube
>>
>>43856653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>>
>>43851887
I see Valo Dissitad is posting his waifu.
>>
>>43856602
$30 is going to be about the cheapest any of the cores have generally been.
>>
File: 5EIH980.png (466KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
5EIH980.png
466KB, 1600x900px
Admit it, /swg/, when The Force Awakens comes, you'll be rooting for the baddies.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>43857186

I dunno, I've always been more of a Rebel guy myself. Though I admit Kylo Ren really intrigues me.

But from what little we've seen, Rey and Finn just seem like such likable and interesting characters, especially the former.
>>
>>43857186

I can't root against Han Solo.
>>
>>43857237
Really? Rey and Finn don't seem that interesting to me. So far it looks like a carbon copy of A New Hope. As for likeable, I don't think I've seen enough to decide.

Kylo just strikes me as another Vader but this time he's a little obsessive. What's interesting about that?
>>
>>43857551
>Kylo just strikes me as another Vader but this time he's a little obsessive. What's interesting about that?

He's relatable.
>>
>>43857263
I can root against *pc cultural diversity*
Cause it's star wars and there have only been 2 black characters, and they were token blacks with non major roles.
>>
>>43853598
Great! Thanks for the help mate!
>>
>>43857755
Don't worry bud, here's some spoilers:
>Rey is Luke's lost daughter, Kylo is her brother
>Rey and Finn fall in love
>Before Finn dies he impregnates Rey
>the next generation of Skywalker twins will be mixed
The franchise is going to be diverse and there's nothing racists can do to stop it.
>>
File: 1446298124207.png (37KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1446298124207.png
37KB, 625x626px
>>43857755
>>
>>43857888

https://youtu.be/Pw2sex1mJNI

How to wreck star wars, cause muh diversity
>>
>>43857755
You are a pathetic ape living within fictional boundries of a socially created collective of the previous generations on a rock falling forever in the infinite black abyss of space.

Human beings are nothing. Diversity doesn't exist because all humans are bugs... No, bacteria, compared to the general perspective of the universe.
>>
>>43858029
That's some edge you got there, you take me for a fool, or unenlightened, perhaps you believe me to be a /pol/tard.

Weak ruse my friend perhaps a 2/10
>>
>>43857888
More spoilers;
>Kylo Ren is secretly Jar Jar Binks
>Captain Phasma will be revealed to be a robot from the future sent back in time to kill J'jon Kohnnhr before he can be born
>Finn will turn out to be an amnesiac Darth Revan
>Rey will turn out to be half-human half-Paradine and save the Systems Commo- I mean the New Republic by becoming Space Jesus
>Starkiller Base is actually the ultimate friendship-machine. It makes everyone friends. EVERYONE. In death

And finally
>The Force Awakens is just to throw us off. The REAL title is Star Wars 7: The Encroaching Fear!
>>
File: obiwan2.jpg (54KB, 406x500px) Image search: [Google]
obiwan2.jpg
54KB, 406x500px
>>43857755
>>43857888
>>43857949
>>43858029

>People are still reciting this tired "muh PC culture" garbage.
>>
>>43858129
1. Why is the character black?
2. I'm universe how many blacks do you see?
3. Search your feelings you know it to be true.

He's black because they wanted a POC in the movie as a main character.
>>
>>43858254
>2. I'm universe how many blacks do you see?
>You realize that we see less than a percent of a percent of a percent of the galactic population, right? Going 'oh we only see x amount of people of this demographic' means fuckall when there's trillions in the world and we only get to see a few hundred at best.
>>
>>43858254
>Why is the character black?
There's no official explanation yet, so there is no definite answer. IIRC, some concept art of Finn had him depicted as a white dude, so maybe they just liked the actor. He's certainly good at pulling off "Oh shit" expressions.

>how many blacks
Canon has Lando, Mace Windu, and at least one black redshirt pilot at Endor. We also don't know who's under the Imperial helmets.

Legends also has Shalla Nelprin, her relatives, Mace Windu's clan/tribe, Jolee, and several customizable player characters. Besides that, there's also Space Asians, Mon Cal with Arab-influenced names, at least one Asian Jedi background character, blue humans, red humans, green humans, pink humans, and Chinese Wedge.
>>
>>43858322

We also see very few aliens, especially in major roles in the movies.

That's not to say there aren't buckets of aliens out there in the universe, that's to say making shitloads of different costumes is hard.
>>
What planet are Asian humans from in Star Wars?
>>
>>43858380

Wherever Epicanthix are from.
>>
>>43858254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXovJSCc6M0
>>
>>43858254
Who even cares? Even if you've got a problem with him being black, he's clearly the fish-out-of-water pussy character. He's probably going to be the least important plot-wise and primarily used to highlight Rey and Poe.

>>43858380
Asian humans are the by-product of Neimoidians banging british humans.
>>
>>43858380
Kuat and Corellia were confirmed to have Space Asians in Legends. Corellians seem to be able to change ethnicity at random in Legends, though. Wedge turned Chinese for part of a comic and Baron Fel flips between Adam Baldwin and Dwayne Johnson depending on the artist.
>>
File: B4l5e4TIUAAOol6.jpg (31KB, 599x402px) Image search: [Google]
B4l5e4TIUAAOol6.jpg
31KB, 599x402px
>>43858254

>a black guy isn't okay
>but a bunch of crazy looking aliens is

Besides, is it really that big of a deal if someone along the line said "he guys, what if Finn was black?" and JJ was all "hey that might work because there's this one black actor I've seen who I really want!" Even if there was an agenda here, it was almost certainly not some sort of orchestrated decision made just so they'd get mentioned on UpWorthy or BuzzFeed.

It's not like they're making "Police Brutality Victims in Space"

Seriously, I'm tired of the PC craze too but this is such a non-issue.

>>43858339
>We also don't know who's under the Imperial helmets.

More black guys

Besides, like you said from what we've seen of him in the TV spots and trailers John Boyega's already better at emoting than just about everyone involved in the Prequels.
>>
>>43858378

And it'd be hard to empathize with a whole lot of aliens that can't show a huge range of emotion. Well, there's chewie, but his language was mostly vocal and gestural, like R2, to help the audience relate.

But, yeah, the limitations of a bunch of costumes when it's much easier to just stitch up some human clothes.

>>43858451

>Wedge turned Chinese for part of a comic
Must have been punched by Koth for a while.

>>43858473

>John Boyega's already better at emoting than just about everyone involved in the Prequels

I think that's more about the direction he's getting, but fuck if his spots in the trailer haven't shown more than we've gotten in the prequels.
>>
Anyone know what the ship on page 29 (Obligations) of the EotE core book is? Looks like someone took the wings off an X-Wing and put a boomerang on one end, three TIE bomber hulls on the other and stapled the Clone Wars stealth ship to the top.
>>
>>43858528
>the direction he's getting

no anon, it's definitely not that
>>
>>43858534
Maybe a Crescent-X9
>>
>>43858528

>I think that's more about the direction he's getting

Man ain't that the truth.

Look at Ewan McGregor. Watch any other movie he's in and he steals the show, even going up against powerhouses like Johnny Depp.

But because he was caught between trying to imitate Alec Guinness and George Lucas forgetting how to direct his own character, we got a sadly wooden performance out of the guy.
>>
>>43858583
So you've been on-set, have you? Got any insights for us?
>>
>>43858592
Yep, that's exactly it! Thanks.

Did you guess that based just on my description or did you already know?
>>
File: kyloford.jpg (267KB, 1863x933px) Image search: [Google]
kyloford.jpg
267KB, 1863x933px
>>43857237

Kylo ren is han and leia's son. check the intentional resemblance.
>>
>>43858625
You know, the sad thing is, Ewan's still one of the better parts of the prequel

It's basically Ewan, Ian, and Christopher Lee stretching the confines of their shitty directing and terrible roles while everyone else shrugs and accepts their irrelevance.
>>
>>43858693

Quite possible. But, as said before, if this movie is following the original formula, we won't have a definitive reveal until VIII.
>>
File: suppi_chan4e5f2e0604797.jpg (38KB, 621x323px) Image search: [Google]
suppi_chan4e5f2e0604797.jpg
38KB, 621x323px
>>43858693

>this shit again

Adam Driver looks more like Spoony than Harison Ford and you need to stop forcing this on us
>>
File: 1448113853410.png (72KB, 374x279px) Image search: [Google]
1448113853410.png
72KB, 374x279px
>>43858754
Spoony as Kyp Durron when, Disney?
>>
>>43858693
Dat Jew nose.
>>
File: Lando-Calrissian-5.jpg (81KB, 600x708px) Image search: [Google]
Lando-Calrissian-5.jpg
81KB, 600x708px
>>43858693
Finn's also of the Skywalker bloodline... but Han's not the father.
>>
One of my players wants to make a trandoshan bounty hunter but is afraid their character will just be a riff on Bossk. I sent them some resources on trandoshans, Bossk and different bounty hunters to get a better idea of the possibilities and we're going to watch some of the bounty hunter episodes of The Clone Wars.

But really, what are some good ideas I can give them? Bossk is kind of just an asshole who was really good at killing wookies. There's not much to resemble/avoid.
>>
>>43858693
So in episode 8 we will see Kylo on something precarious with a long drop, with Han telling him to join him so they can rule the galaxy as father and son?
>>
>>43858693
>check the intentional resemblance
>intentional resemblance
Adam Driver confirmed as Harrison Ford clone.
>>43858796
Plz never.
>>
File: scoundrels.jpg (411KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
scoundrels.jpg
411KB, 1136x640px
>>43859090
>with Han telling him to join him so they can rule the galaxy as father and son
This is Han we're talking about. He'd offer the kid the heist of a lifetime and a cut of the profits instead.
>>
>>43859151

To steal the Glove of Darth Vader
>>
>>43859151

Remember this is Old Han, the guy who gave up a life of scoundreling so he could be a Rebel General.
>>
>>43859187
>gave up a life of scoundreling
>Implying he and Chewie don't spend their guy time stealing shit with Lando and Lobot
I bet you that heists are to Han Solo what football night is to normal dads.
>>
>>43859237
>respected general by day
>Robin Hood by night
>>
>>43859237

I don't know, man. I would love to see changes in the character. Smuggling is a young guy's game; you can't keep pulling guns on people and outrunning bounty hunters your whole life. I'd like to see his role change, him becoming someone new rather than staying with his old game. It's one of the reasons I'm worried since I saw Harrison Ford in something looking like his old uniform, someone that old still in the business should be dead on the inside or on the outside, not the same old lovable rogue we knew before.
>>
>>43859338
>someone that old still in the business should be dead on the inside or on the outside, not the same old lovable rogue we knew before.
He does well enough as the team's getaway driver, at least.
>>
>>43859338

I dunno, I think he's getting into the role pretty well and it looks like they're showing his age.

In one of the TV spots he hands Rey a gun, telling her she'll need it. This implies A) he as an old space salt thinks fighting with a stick is even dumber than fighting with a lightsaber, and B) he needs the backup.
>>
>>43859237
Han always seemed like his specialty as a general was batshit crazy asymmetrical shit.
Like, if you want to take a bunch of Commando Master Race, load them up in a bunch of landspeeders with E-Webs bolted on, and send them to drive through expected Imperial ambush sites at high speed, Solo is the guy you'd want in charge of that shit.
And he'd be the crazy fuck who hops in one of those speeders and leads the charge.
>>
>>43859541
>Han Solo as the GFFA's David Stirling
Oh. Fuck. Yes.
>>
File: NPC Guide and PCs.gif (498KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
NPC Guide and PCs.gif
498KB, 500x214px
>>43859419

He needed the backup when he was younger, too. He didn't handle every situation on his own, maybe even getting 1/1 failure and success rate, much like Luke, actually.

Narratively, it makes sense, heroes are more heroic when they get back up after failing. The harder things get, the more you're set back, the more satisfying that final victory is, or the more tragic the defeat.
>>
>>43853428
Wampa is the hypest shit
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 554x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 554x738px
>>43852927
Not OP, but I got the core set a couple weeks ago and it's fucking terrific, I literally just ordered like two of all the Reb's wave 2 shit and an imperial class for my buddy who is going emp. Shits good.
>>
Are there any rules for dual wielding in Fantasy Flight's RGP? I can't find it any where in EotE's core book.
>>
>>43861009
210-211
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 92x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 92x125px
>>43858977
Underrated post
>>
File: Duchess Satine.png (373KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Duchess Satine.png
373KB, 600x800px
So, finally watching Clone Wars.
Just got to the Mandalore episodes.
Her name's intentional, right?
I mean, they HAD to have done that shit on purpose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEKI83zN0Dg
>>
>>43861233
>Are these names intentional?
>Darth Sidious
>Savage Opress
>Nute Gunray

Shit man I dunno what do you think
>>
>>43861079
thanks
>>
>>43861233
yes it's intentional.
>>
>>43857186
Kylo Ren's helmet is too stupid to garner any of my roots.
>>
>>43861233

Yeah, it's because McGregor was in Moulin rouge.
>>
>>43861285
So, is Obi-Wan gonna get in on that, then?
>>43861370
I know that, anon.
That's literally what makes it a reference to Moulin Rouge, and not just two characters sharing a name.
>>
File: SabineWren.png (239KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
SabineWren.png
239KB, 405x540px
>>43861419
>So, is Obi-Wan gonna get in on that, then?
>>
>>43861488
What is the connection between those two characters anyway? Is that Sabine supposed to be the love child of Obi Wan and Satine?
>>
>>43861488
not the correct age for that to happen
>>
>>43861523
N>o relation, just similar sounding names.

Kenobi and the duchess never officially got together
>>
>>43861523
>>43861523

Sabine is a rejuvenated version of Satine. Her body was taken by her sister Bo-Katan after she was mortally wounded and taken to undergo an experimental life-saving procedure, which unfortunately also gave her a bit of amnesia.
>>
>>43861488
Wait, seriously?
>>
Do any other systems use the same dice system as Edge of the Empire? I love the way the Advantage/Disadvantage system works
>>
>>43861525
Obi-Wan and Satine had an affair during their first arc together in the Clone Wars TV show, the result being Sabine. Satine died one year later.
>>
>>43861595
Just the rest of that line

That said I think people have done generic overhauls. I feel like you could overhaul that system pretty easily since it's a solid core mechanic.
>>
>>43861614
The only time they got close to a full on affair was 10+ years before the clone wars.

Ezra bridger was born on empire day and Sabine is at least a full year older. So the timelines don't work.
>>
>>43861636
Pre Vizsla came out as leader of the Death Watch in 22 BBY.

Sabine was born in 21 BBY.

Satine died in 20 BBY.
>>
File: 1430094804093.jpg (73KB, 281x246px) Image search: [Google]
1430094804093.jpg
73KB, 281x246px
>>43861233

>TCW
>the mandalorian episodes
>the exact shit is the reason I hate TCW
>second in the list of three stabs-in-the-back by what was once my favorite scifi setting
>>
>>43861685

Three stabs?
>>
>>43861595
I think it was like the Warhammer or Warhammer 40k RPG from FFG that had like a really early version of the dice system, but only EotE/AoR/FaD use the same exact dice/system.
>>
>>43861716
>Three stabs?

>KoTOR killing Tales of The Jedi
>TCW killing Traviss Mandos
>Disney killing X-Wing Novels

The three stabs
>>
File: laughingzeon.png (357KB, 765x593px) Image search: [Google]
laughingzeon.png
357KB, 765x593px
>>43861773
>>TCW killing Traviss Mandos
>Implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>43861773
Traviss mandos weren't all that great.
The alternative at the time was "They're a warrior society that values honor. That's it."
>>
>>43861773

Not those three stabs from Lucas himself?

Albeit, the writers of the novelizations hauled ass to salvage the that story and make something satisfying that we only glimpse on screen. But no one should have to try and commit Gungan-speak to text.
>>
>>43861773
>TCW killing Traviss Mandos
Good.
Traviss Mandos were godawful, particularly because it led to a bunch of fatasses who probably couldn't run unencumbered for more than thirty seconds before they fell on the ground puffing and wheezing, much less run around in full kit fighting, trying to pass themselves off as part of some badass warrior culture.
Like this faggot right here.
>dog tags on the outside
It's a way to identify your corpse, not a fashion statement, you disgusting sack of lard!
And that's before we even get into the fact that Traviss is basically a horrible human being as well.
>>
>>43861845
You know, the shitty thing is, I think Gungans are pretty okay

It's a shame that we basically just get stuck with the village idiot, because the rest of them seem fine.

Better than Ewoks.
>>
File: Nope.jpg (41KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.jpg
41KB, 620x349px
>>43861825
Sounds terrible
>>
File: 1281670561714.jpg (197KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1281670561714.jpg
197KB, 1024x768px
>>43862023
>>43861808

not even implying, I'm outright saying, unironically, it was a bad thing.

Considering what we got in return was hippie commie peaceniks led by angela merkel.

You guys dont have to agree with me, but fuck you if you think I have to like what replaced it. RepComm books will now never get finished because Lucas decided to back Filoni.

no more mando clans
no more jaster mereel
no more celtic warrior culture
just mandos back to being generic badguys because some people get autism triggered at the idea that Boba Fett might have survived the sarlacc.

>traviss was a horrible human being
That I agree with - shes a terrible person. But she basically tolkien'd a whole culture in star wars and maybe i think thats worthy of respect. its a helluva lot more then filoni has ever done.

If she was more likable, think about what might have been
>>
>>43862177
The old mandos exist in a way

But that is what happens when you warmonger, you get your shit kicked in
>>
File: star-wars_00401708.jpg (844KB, 2121x2499px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars_00401708.jpg
844KB, 2121x2499px
Any anons out there play Armada? I've got an AF Mk2, Home One, and an MC30 on the way and a game in a few days. Anybody got some good pointers on how to use these together in a fleet?
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 599x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 599x825px
>>43861685
>>
>>43862177
>hippie commie peaceniks led by angela merkel
They were a divided society, as shown with the whole Deathwatch thing. And after several historical instances of starting wars and getting their asses kicked in the then-canon Legends timeline, it makes sense that some of the Mandalorians would decide to not be warmongering assholes.
>>
>>43862294
Fucking this.
>>
>>43862271
I really...really want to get into Armada, but I haven't the time to commit, plus not sure how big it is in my area...NJ fag here
>>
>>43862377
It's pretty fun! Finding people to play with is the hardest part. People love their X-wing, but not $50 ISDs.
>>
>>43862409
I dunno about that, I've seen the mini's and almost considered buying some of them because they're really fucking nice
>>
>>43862294

Sure Dave, I hate TCW, but I really like Rebels.

Isn't that enough for you?

You gotta expect that some people are not going to like some of the stuff you and Lucas came up with.

Im surprised you didn't go the native american route

Mandos get their shit kicked in, become drunks running casinos instead
>>
File: Get off my lawn.jpg (910KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Get off my lawn.jpg
910KB, 1280x853px
>>43862177
>RepComm books will now never get finished because Lucas decided to back Filoni.
Order 66 and Imperial Commando sucked a big one anyways. And no, they won't get finished because Traviss got super fucking butthurt about people doing EXACTLY the kind of shit she did.
>no more mando clans
And you just proved you don't know what you're talking about. The official ruling was that the clans are hanging out on the other hemisphere of the planet, the one that wasn't glassed all to hell.
The Deathwatch mostly leave them alone, because the clans have basically become pic related to pretty much everybody.
>no more jaster mereel
>Traviss invented Jaster Mereel
Jaster Mereel in his current form was created by Haden Blackman for the comic series Jango Fett: Open Seasons.
>she basically tolkien'd a whole culture in star wars
She really, really didn't.
She made up a handful of words (which don't even follow any sort of internal consistency between them) and just copy-pasted your standard "proud warrior culture" guys with a little Big Boss thrown in for good measure.
>>
>>43862457
>Haden Blackman for the comic series Jango Fett: Open Seasons.

Which is canon, right?
>>
>>43862446
I didn't like TCW Mandos either but they were still leagues better than Traviss' garbage. Ideally, the Mandalorians should have stayed an obscure race of bounty hunters and mercenaries during the Clone/GCW era.

>Native Americans
Already taken by the Togruta, IIRC.
>>
>>43862483
It was in Legends, which is the continuity being discussed.
>>
>>43862177

There weren't nearly as many changes to Mandalorians in the TCW episodes as people like to make it out. Mostly it's people being mad on principle, not even having watched the episodes because of their outrage.

The changes that were made were either made because Lucas wanted them, or for very good reasons.
>>
>>43862511
>Legends

Legends isnt canon, and is therefore meaningless

Its no different then fanfiction
>>
>>43862554

Are we STILL doing this?
>>
>>43862554
For one, it's in the same continuity as Traviss' stuff, and is thus relevant to the discussion because contrary to the Travissfag's preconceptions, SHE DIDN'T INVENT THE CHARACTER.
>>
>>43862554
You are meaningless, and thus no different from a fuckhead.
>>
>>43862457

Traviss ragequitting was hilarious, and she found a new fandom to ruin afterwards. No tears whatsoever.
>>
>>43862554
>>43862689

It don't matter, none of this matters.

The only continuity we all share is the cold embrace of the grave.
>>
>>43862554
>Be a fan of many franchises with multiple continuities, and thus very comfortable with the concept.

>People in /swg/ either cannot get the concept of multiple continuity or are just full on trolling, but either way all discussion is disrupted by the bullshit.

Feels bad man.
>>
File: IG-88.jpg (787KB, 734x1389px) Image search: [Google]
IG-88.jpg
787KB, 734x1389px
>>43862782
>The only continuity we all share is the cold embrace of the grave.
>Not being a droid with several backup brobots sitting around
The flesh is weak.
>>
File: star wars general.jpg (409KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
star wars general.jpg
409KB, 1900x1000px
>>43862755
She's sort of like the "Uwe Boll" of shit novels.
People keep giving Uwe money and he goes out and makes more rubbish tv/movies and Traviss is much the same. They need to stop giving her money, it only encourages the output of more shite.

Though to Uwe's credit, he did punch some people out.
>>
File: 1445223712042.gif (2MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445223712042.gif
2MB, 720x720px
Yeah, well

It wasn't my intention to start this big of an argument. But jeez guys, you really jump hard on someone who doesn't like TCW, or is it just that I like traviss mandos? is this a case of "stop liking what i dont like" ?

I dont like TCW, in fact I hate it considerably. I rank it about as disgusting as the "han solo could only do cool things because hes secretly force sensitive" theory.

But I dont think any less of you guys for liking TCW. to each his own.

And as I said, I really like Rebels I cant really explain why

The three things I liked the most in SW are gone. And you can spin this "legends" thing all you want, but the reality is the the things I like are no longer supported.

So I guess I'm sorry for causing an issue.
>>
>>43862974
>but the reality is the the things I like are no longer supported.

>what is FFG's heavily legends based Miniatures, Board and Role-Playing Games lines
>>
>>43862939
This can't be /swg/

Where's my laser Leia?
>>
>>43863025

I appreciate the sentiment, but I haven't seen any splats for TotJ or any rules supporting pre-tcw mandos
>>
Question regarding EotE/AoR/FaD:

Can a character pick up talents from another career's specialization? Say I want to invest in the Sentinel's Shadow tree and the Seeker's Ataru tree, for example. Can I do that? Just put the points in there and make it happen? Or is there a tax?
>>
>>43863039
I'll make a new one at the end of the year, we can all gather around and bask in the warm glow of hatred, share some eggnog and then glass each other in the face after :)
>>
>>43862974
>the things I like are no longer supported
So far, anyway. New canon material has shown that the writers aren't afraid to draw on the Legends bin, though. Bloodstripes, the Imperial Baron title, Armand Isard, and several planets and ships have returned. New canon is still too young to really judge or discuss in-depth, but there's potential for future work to revive some old Legends concepts.
>>
>>43862023
>It's a way to identify your corpse, not a fashion statement, you disgusting sack of lard!
but... that guy's not fat

it's actually a pretty decent cosplay. why you gotta hate?
>>
>>43863074
You need to take up the new career to use those talents, get the oggdudes character generator from the ffg forums, it'll help you out and show the xp costs of doing what you want to do
>>
>>43863084
If we count concept work as well the Chiss exist in Rebels at least enough for some of Kallus's concepts to be Chiss.
>>
>>43863055
>pre-tcw mandos
TCW.
Didn't.
Change.
That.
Much.
They literally just introduced a third faction within the Mandos, and threw in that half their planet got glassed (considering how many times they pissed off the Republic, it's not really a surprise they eventually got sick of it).
And you don't need some fucking special snowflake rules for a concept that lies ENTIRELY in characterization.
>>
>>43863055
>splats for TotJ or any rules supporting pre-tcw mandos
The FFG RPG rules, equipment, and character classes are generic enough to make it work, even if they're primarily set during the Rebellion era. Just rename some of the ships and guns and you're good to go.
>>
>>43862841
>being an abominable intelligence
>>
File: Robo Leia.jpg (311KB, 1200x450px) Image search: [Google]
Robo Leia.jpg
311KB, 1200x450px
>>43862839
That it does, that it does.
I'm even more sad that nothing from Lucasfilm will ever become public domain now that it's owned by the Mouse. Indy, Monkey Island, Loom, Star Wars, Willow.... Now nobody can create a sequel unless Disney greenlights it.
>>43862974
> I rank it about as disgusting as the "han solo could only do cool things because hes secretly force sensitive" theory.
*hides fanfiction*
I, personally, subscribe to the theory that with time and dedication, anyone can become a wizard. I mean use Thu'um. I mean use the Force.
>>43863039
Here you go.
>>43863075
>we can all gather around and bask in the warm glow of hatred
>hating Jedi Prince
No, you are the mold demons.
>>43863086
Notice how the chestplate angles outward as it goes down?
>>
>>43863055
I would say that the rules support pre-TCW mandos just fine; they're regular beings after all, being a proper mando is essentially all roleplaying and thematic skill, talent and attribute choices. As for the armor, it's perfectly possible to simulate with the standard rules; all of the associated traits exist already and can be combined to yield a suit of suitable armor
>>
>>43863074

Yes, it's pretty clear in the "spending EXP" section of every core book, but as a quick reminder, the cost to train a new specialization is 10 x the number of specializations you will have, so your second costs 20, your third costs 30, etc. If the specialization isn't in your starting career, you pay an additional flat 10 XP on top of that.

Once you buy a specialization from any career, it's bonus skills are career skills and you can buy it's talents. You just don't get free ranks in any skills if it's not your first Spec.

No idea what >>43863111 is talking about.
>>
>>43863190
>Notice how the chestplate angles outward as it goes down?
it's attached to his shirt, which is slack. look how the pieces are bowing inward instead of outward.
plus look at the angle of his jetpack, and how his head is sitting on his shoulders.

it's baggy clothes and a terrible posture, but hardly a fat sack of lard.
>>
>>43862939

>best things from the EU dot jpg

>>43863190

Galaxy of Fear wasn't bad either.
>>
>>43862939

Everything on the rightmost 1/4th of that image is perfectly fine.
>>
>>43863086
>it's actually a pretty decent cosplay
>plates are literally thinner than corrugated cardboard
>>
>>43863124
>And you don't need some fucking special snowflake rules for a concept that lies ENTIRELY in characterization.
not that guy, but it doesn't ENTIRELY lie in characterization. if the guy is attracted to the travissian culture/history of the mandos, all that is out the window.

besides he's not talking about RPing a mando, he's talking about whether or not the old continuity is being referenced in the new continuity. which you'd know, if you'd pay attention to the conversation.
>>
>>43863331
He's talking about material for EotE/AoR/FaD, which is set ENTIRELY IN THE OLD CONTINUITY.
>>
>>43863351
he said,
>but the reality is the the things I like are no longer supported.
he's clearly talking about how no one in any continuity is touching the mandos post-traviss/tcw controversy, and how old totj is forgotten with the popularity of kotor.

faggot.
>>
>>43863311
so was the original costume bro
>>
>>43863403
Read.
The post.
I replied to.
He was claimed EotE/AoR/FaD lacked "rules supporting pre-tcw mandos", which is blatantly wrong.
Don't accuse other people of not reading the conversation when YOU can't even be bothered to read the post they're addressing.
>>
>>43863443
The original costume was fitted tighter to the actor's body, and the plates followed the contours of the chest, giving a more "full" appearance to the plates.
In that costume, they're just hanging off the shirt, completely flat. It makes the whole thing look fake.
>>
>>43863450
he never said a thing about the rules. the whole point of his complaint, following the conversation, is that the things he likes are no longer officially supported. up to, and including, the FFG material.
also, don't type like that. it makes you look like a neckbeard.
>>
>>43863505
>he never said a thing about the rules
Oh really?
>>43863055
>I haven't seen any splats for TotJ or any rules supporting pre-tcw mandos
>or any rules supporting pre-tcw mandos
>rules supporting pre-tcw mandos
>>
>>43863501
oh yeah, for sure. the costume is baggy as fuck and it brings the quality of the whole thing down. but, I mean, I've definitely seen worse mando cosplays, you know?
>>
>>43863520
oh man you got me, guess my entire point is invalidated now that you have displayed your superior intellect
>>
>>43862939
I kind of like the war droids and the really dumb tie variants
>>
>>43863546
Considering that you felt the need to accuse other people of being unable to read the conversation, while yourself being incapable of reading ONE POST BACK, does kind of make you look like a retard, yes.
>>
>>43863587
considering you're so angry about semantics while still ignoring the general topic of the conversation (that TotJ and TravissMandos have been abandoned in continuity) does kind of make you look like a sperglord, yes
>>
File: A Tale of Anons.jpg (45KB, 625x467px) Image search: [Google]
A Tale of Anons.jpg
45KB, 625x467px
>>43863587
>>43863618
>>
File: 1398990398156.png (1MB, 1700x768px) Image search: [Google]
1398990398156.png
1MB, 1700x768px
>>43863124

I disagree

What we see is a redistribution of terms

Mandalorians now have a completely different government, and are "devoted to peace" - and are even openly friendly with Jedi. Previous to this, last great attempt at Mandalorians retaining their culture, but leaving aside the warmongering genocide aspect of their culture, was Jaster Mereel's supercommandos - who all got wasted by Dooku at Galidran.

But thats all legends, so it technically didn't happen in connection to the TCW

The Deathwatch havent changed at all, and they didn;t need too. they were always assholes who wanted to go back to marauding across the galaxy like star wars vikings.

The Supercommandos are now, what, royal guard to Darth Maul? Ok.

So whats changed dude? Everything.
>>
>>43863331
>if the guy is attracted to the travissian culture/history of the mandos, all that is out the window.
But it's not.
Those guys are hanging out on the other side of the planet from the pacifists. The non-glassed side. That's an official reconciliation of material from before the Legends/DisnEU split.
Nothing was taken away.
Stuff was just added.
Traviss CHOSE to walk away from RepCom because she was a butthurt fairy princess who couldn't handle that sometimes when you're working in a shared universe you have to come up with clever ways to reconcile what at first glance appears to be conflicting material.
>>43863618
No, I just don't give a fuck.
Legends still exists.
The material is still being published.
It just has a little yellow band across the top that says "Legends" on it.
Hell, if you want to complain about Tales of the Jedi getting shafted, that happened over a decade ago when KotOR came out.
>>43863685
>Mandalorians now have a completely different government, and are "devoted to peace" - and are even openly friendly with Jedi.
One faction is, yes. In Legends, while the pacifists hang out in the glassed out desert, the Travissmandos are hanging out on the other hemisphere. This has been pointed out several times in this thread.
>But thats all legends, so it technically didn't happen in connection to the TCW
TCW exists within both continuities, due to predating the split.
>>
>>43863725
>Hell, if you want to complain about Tales of the Jedi getting shafted, that happened over a decade ago when KotOR came out.
that's.... exactly the point.

>No, I just don't give a fuck.

>maybe if I pretend not to care he won't realize I'm not as smart as I think I am
>>
>>43863725

Your trying very hard to convince me that my entire issue with star wars is wrong, because Legends.

Legends isn't canon. Thats kinda my issue.

I choose to live in la-la land when I run my own games, and decide whatever i want is canon. But at the end of the day, what I want and what IS, is different
>>
>>43863859
No, I'm genuinely NOT BOTHERED by the continuity split.
The stories I love, and will kinda miss?
They still exist.
I can still reread them any time I want to.
I can go over to my bookshelf, pick up my copy of Wraith Squadron, and get my Yub Yub Commander fix.
If I want some Thrawn, I can go read those.
If I want Mara, I can pick up my copy of By the Emperor's Hand and get my fix of everybody's favorite future Mrs. Skywalker.
If I want to laugh, I can grab Jedi Prince or Dark Empire.
Just because the new material is in a separate continuity, that doesn't take away the old one.

And this way, the new movies can ignore the shit I hated like... Well, basically everything from Vector Prime onwards in the timeline. Not that all of it was bad, Traitor was pretty brilliant, Mercy Kill was an amazingly high note for Allston to go out on, Legacy (the comics) had some good ideas, and could even be genuinely good when it had nothing to do with Cade, but it was all so interconnected that the bad stuff couldn't be ignored by the good stuff.
And if the new stuff winds up mostly sucking?
I can ignore it and go back to the books I've loved for years.
>>
>>43863965
good for you? that has nothing to do with you being a tool right now.
>>
>>43863948
>Legends isn't canon. Thats kinda my issue.
Why?
Because you can't have fun in the continuity that the Mouse isn't using?
Legends is still A CANON.
It is its own canon.
I'm just trying to point out that you're operating under an incorrect assumption, that "TCW made all muh mandos pacifists" when it didn't.
It's a three-way split.
Pacifists, moderates, and Deathwatch.
The moderates contain Kal Skirata and company, and they hang out on the un-nuked side of Mandalore. They stayed out of the whole mess with the pacifists because they don't give a fuck about the pacifists.
>>
>>43864020
and why can't you accept that some people might not like that change?

seriously, your whole thing right now is "YOU CAN'T NOT LIKE THE THINGS THAT I LIKE!"
>>
>>43864020
>Because you can't have fun in the continuity that the Mouse isn't using?

I can have as much fun as I want.

But its all bittersweet, because there will not be any continuation of those things.
>>
>>43864080
Disney has suggested it's not out of the question, but they're focusing on establishing the canon timeline currently. Since they have a ton of movies coming out in it, I don't really blame them.
>>
>>43864056
If you don't like that change, fine.
The issue I'm taking is that this entire conversation started with the inaccurate assertion that the moderate faction no longer existed, and claiming that as a primary reason for hating TCW. The moderates do exist. They just aren't relevant to the plotline of the Mandalore arc in TCW, because they basically decided "Fuck those dirty cowards, let the Deathwatch have their way with 'em".
>>43864080
Better to have a clean stop than to continue letting Troy mother fucking Denning run roughshod over it.
>>
I for one have embraced the new canon and am happier for it.
>>
>>43864165

I've embraced Rebels, and have promissed to remain open minded on Ep7.

I also run my games in whatever way I see fit, and that helps.
>>
>>43863948
>Legends isn't canon. Thats kinda my issue.
It's actually both more and less canon now than it was before.
Legends existing as its own continuity means that all Legends material is canon within Legends. Which is actually a higher level of internal canonicity than it used to hold under the old G-canon, C-canon, S-canon, N-canon system.
Then again, it's surprising how few people KNOW about the old levels system.
>>
>>43864148
disliking clone wars for the changes it made to mandos is perfectly valid. it doesn't matter that the old canon exists. the problem is that the new canon also exists, and it's retarded.

again, your issue is that someone doesn't like something that you like.
>>
>>43864215
>disliking clone wars for the changes it made to mandos is perfectly valid
Until the continuity split, the only change it had made was adding a third faction to the Mandos' internal schism. That's not even a change. It's an addition. Nothing about the existence of a splinter group that lives in the blasted out deserts and wants to stay out of all the fighting because constantly going off to war wound up getting them nuked contradicts any previous material. Why does the rest of the galaxy seem to recognize the splinter faction as the "Mandalorian government"?
Because they're the only faction of the Mandos that HAS a central government. The moderates don't really have any sort of government, and the Deathwatch are (as they have always been) the Mandos' equivalent of ISIS, ain't nobody gonna want to deal with them.
>>
File: Magical Palps2.jpg (154KB, 1089x914px) Image search: [Google]
Magical Palps2.jpg
154KB, 1089x914px
>>43864186
>I also run my games in whatever way I see fit
Pretty much all that matters to me when I run, neckbeards and grogs can punch themselves in the head all day over 'whut is canon' and I really don't care.
Something is patently fucking dumb, I'll change it, not in the setting and should be, I'll make it and as long as the players and myself have some fun it's really all that matters.
>>
File: Swinfinities01-unmasked.jpg (128KB, 973x798px) Image search: [Google]
Swinfinities01-unmasked.jpg
128KB, 973x798px
>>43864299
>third faction to the Mandos' internal schism

By the time of the Clone Wars, there was no internal schism. The Super Commandos were gone, Jaster was dead, and the Death Watch were also gone, because Tor was dead.

You essentially had a race of individuals, who were, as a culture and a people, were dying out.

Between the RepComm game and Traviss, it reinforced the idea that the Mando's were dying, and their impacts on the Clone Wars were entirely minimal. For instance, the Cuy'val Dar. Spar deciding to unite the Mando clans and being wiped out at Norval. By the time of the OT, the Mando's were basically gone - which is what made Boba Fett so mysterious. Wearing Mandalorian Armor made him stand out among all those bounty hunters, and his effectiveness even more so.

your arguing things didnt change, because both exist

I disagree. Everything changed, because only one storyline is recognized.
>>
File: 1440322142760.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440322142760.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>43864434
>because Tor was dead
You got my hopes up for a second there.
>>
>>43864434
The RepCom game had fuck all to do with Mando culture, and Traviss herself retconned them from being almost all dead to being very much alive and thriving.
>>
>>43864488
>RepCom game had fuck all to do with Mando culture

>RC's being trained by Mando's
>the games OST being in Mando
>>
File: 1430956606852.jpg (722KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1430956606852.jpg
722KB, 1920x1080px
>>43864483

TOR has been on life support for a while - it may not be flatlined, but its on its way there
>>
>>43864510
Whoopdefuckingdo, the training montage was done by a mando and the soundtrack had the mando cipher in it.

The story itself has nothing to do with Mando culture.
>>
>>43864510
>RC's being trained by Mando's
The training sequence in the RepCom games lasted for five seconds in a holodeck while a Kaminoan spouted exposition. There wasn't a single lick of Mando dialogue or cultural talk from the squad or the redshirt clones, either.

>OST
The OST had Mando words but that had no bearing on the plot or characters. By that logic, Duel of the Fates means TPM is about Sanskrit language and Indian culture.
>>
>>43864488

Did you read those books?

There was barely enough mando's to fill a space cruiser. There largest settlement had maybe 200 people in it.
>>
>>43864600
And yet by the post-RotJ stuff she wrote there's fucktons of Mandalorians out there.

Not a dying culture whatsoever.
>>
File: Fenn_Leia.jpg (124KB, 830x388px) Image search: [Google]
Fenn_Leia.jpg
124KB, 830x388px
>>43864661

Yeah, the logic was, it was like 40+ years after the clone wars, maybe even 50, and after a kick in the ass, you were just starting to see the new generation.

However, it did completely disregard the early comics, about how mandalore got slaved out by the empire, and turned into a gulag\forced labor mine. also luck'o'the'irish mandalore making out with princess leia
>>
>>43864661

Well, let's be 100% Honest, Legacy of the Force is when Traviss starts her tip completely off the rocker into maximum DONUT STEEL PERFECT MANDABOO CULTURE. The first few RepComm novels very strongly use Mando elements as part of the narrative to kind of make it make sense and give a feel to the Commandos and how they're actually individuals where as regular clones are treated more as interchangable (which TCW also played with but w/e).

LoTF is the "trapped by mountain lions" problem where Traviss is like "I need to write at least 33.33% of the novel about Boba Fett and mandos, and if that's not 50.01% than the rest of it will be super stupid" and Fett has no goddamn relevance to the actual plot until way toward the end. And then all the mandos get fucking schooled by a Sith Lord in the last novel anyway. The last couple RepComm novels did not fix this issue.
>>
>>43864730

There was one half-way decent joke to Jaina about "Fenn Shysa could have been your daddy".
>>
>>43862271
if you're still here anon, that's gonna be tough on tactics

The home one and AF mk2 are both broadsiders or command ships, you need to back them up with fighters or smaller ships

The MC30 is a suicide runner or an escort craft

problem is, you're running the two most expensive alliance ships with no support; the imperials specialize in large ship-to-ship combat wheras rebels try to outmaneuver.

But if it's a friendly game, just practice
>>
>>43864730
not really, it pretty heavily referenced that all the mandalorian iron had been stripmined out by the empire and that mandalore's economy had been absolute shit ever since, but then they discover that attacks during the vong war had unearthed a huge undiscovered vein of the stuff, which is what they used to start mass producing arms and vehicles and become a major player again.
>>
File: Picard_as_Locutus.jpg (29KB, 350x271px) Image search: [Google]
Picard_as_Locutus.jpg
29KB, 350x271px
Man, writing about conventional Star Wars space weapons gets repetitive. Would spicing up space arsenals with exotic, Star Trek-esque weapon names (fluidic antiproton X, phased polaron Y, etc.) be too much, even in a time period as far forward as the Legacy comics?
>>
>>43864935
I love some of the names being... suggestive.
"You will face.... the Inseminator"
"I feel violated already."
Or Enterprise's
[Alien species] Weapon
>>
File: squib needleship.jpg (106KB, 477x280px) Image search: [Google]
squib needleship.jpg
106KB, 477x280px
>>43864935
squibs motherfucker
>>
>>43864215
Go to bed, Traviss.
>>
>Lord Vacuus
>it's pronounced like "vacuous"
Really?
Really?!
>>
File: elan sleazebaggo.jpg (79KB, 1600x859px) Image search: [Google]
elan sleazebaggo.jpg
79KB, 1600x859px
>>43865181
not enough apostrophe's in their for your liking your Chissness?
>>
>>43865181
SAVAGE
OPRESS
>>
File: parenting.gif (488KB, 490x327px) Image search: [Google]
parenting.gif
488KB, 490x327px
>>43865056
Tensor rifles where fucking cool, they're basically a handheld british nanny
>>
>>43865212
I just find it incredibly stupid.
>>43865220
See, that's rather on the nose, but at least it sounds vaguely cool, in a goofy sort of way.
But who the fuck wants to describe themself as being "vacuous"?
Dude's Sith, so it's not like that's his real name or anything.
>>
>>43865224
>handheld british nanny
Sweet Christmas.
>>
>>43865181
It's better than Darth Skotia.
>>
>>43865181
Also, somebody please tell me I get to murder the kriff out of Darth Fatass.
>>
>>43865236
Maybe he wants to show how empty he is inside or something else 'deep', Or perhaps demonstrating the vacuum between his ears
>>
Let's say I want to piss off a swarm player, would this do it?
>>
>>43865295
>kriff
This is the only thing that really disappoints me about TOR, nobody uses the perfectly cromulent made up Star Wars curse words.
>>
File: tug tone.gif (2MB, 320x169px) Image search: [Google]
tug tone.gif
2MB, 320x169px
>>43865264
Oh yeah, its basically a handheld tractor beam that has a massive cyclic on-off system and shakes shit to bits like a crate of Nemodian space dildos set on 'hardcore'
>>
File: 9_ak8709.gif (257KB, 400x318px) Image search: [Google]
9_ak8709.gif
257KB, 400x318px
>>43865401
Might be the first time this image has been even vaguely relevant.
>>
>>43865324
Honestly, I *really* wish this was single player with the same gameplay as classic KotOR.
I mean so far the storyline isn't GREAT, but it's fun enough, I just find mmo combat tedious.
>>
>>43865500
Also really wish I could swap all my character's combat animations to look like Form II, because muh dueling.
>>
>>43865500
>>43865324
Is single player worth it?

Is there anything I need to buy to make single player worth playing?
>>
Post pics of your best inquisitors for my fme campaign
>>
File: sith.jpg (103KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
sith.jpg
103KB, 600x825px
>>43865844
>>
>>43865598
Nearly the entire game is soloable now so yes.
The f2p version is kinda shitty, though.
>>
>>43862177
>no more mando clans

But there are still there.

>no more jaster mereel

retconned in open season.

>no more celtic warrior culture

You didnt watch TCW then.
>>
File: General_Kalani_Force_Collection.png (392KB, 474x677px) Image search: [Google]
General_Kalani_Force_Collection.png
392KB, 474x677px
Will we ever see him again?
>>
Marksmanship on Youngster in the same squadron as Howlrunner is ridiculously good for TIE swarm
>>
>>43865994
I hope so. He was a droid that would make OOM-9 proud.
>>
>>43865994
In meatbag hell, fleshling.
>>
>>43864535
With its most recent expansion, things have gotten better. The release of the new movie will create a surge of interest as well.
>>
File: squib.jpg (126KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
squib.jpg
126KB, 417x600px
>>43865401
don't need the force when you got Squib tech
>>
>>43862974
I like rebels too anon. I like the battles, I like that nobody was written to be annoying like Ashoka was
>>
>>43867417
>Chopper
>not an annoying little shit
Are we not watching the same Rebels?
>>
File: robot sheev.jpg (200KB, 655x330px) Image search: [Google]
robot sheev.jpg
200KB, 655x330px
>>43867433
he IS a little shit, but he's the good kind of little shit, like a midget drinking buddy who's cool if you throw him at some cunts if you buy him a drink first
>>
File: lNlbdWb.webm (806KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
lNlbdWb.webm
806KB, 480x480px
>>43861773
>>
>>43867433

>>43867506
^^^

This.

I actually knew a little manlet like this back when I was 19 and I hung out with him for over a year. Mouthy little fuck, picked fights constantly and got shitkicked and shitkicked equally. Loved him, then he killed himself. Sad.
>>
File: alfays tfo tfere are.jpg (105KB, 582x556px) Image search: [Google]
alfays tfo tfere are.jpg
105KB, 582x556px
>>43865236
I thought giving yourself an ironic, self-depreciating name came with the job.
>>
File: stormtroopers.webm (797KB, 640x298px) Image search: [Google]
stormtroopers.webm
797KB, 640x298px
>>
>>43867887
Nice, I only had the gif of that one I made up ages ago
Best part of the bloopers
>>
What kind of information would it take for an imperial official to have in order to encourage an outer rim rebel cell to try to attack/kidnap him on a visit?
>>
>>43868002
I ran a game many months ago where it was sort of a 'Schindlers List' type of thing with a high ranking Imperial officer that actually loathed his job and the whole modus operandi of the Empire.
So he provided info to them first, along with captured rebel prisoner transportation off-world to places the party could pick up their buddies with little to no threat

The key to him maintaining a relationship was old-school field craft, dead drops, bonded couriers, low tech forms of communication etc.
So it wasn't something you'd ever immediately convince PC's to do as they're naturally suspicious little bitches, over time- maybe
>>
File: Andor Vex, probably.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Andor Vex, probably.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>43865500
>with the same gameplay as classic KotOR.
>same gameplay
>classic kotor

>Spam the fuck out of whichever special attack/force power you decided to focus on
Man that stuff was less engaging than MMO gameplay. I guess the psuedoD&D chargen was kinda neat at least.
>>
>>43853409
The Imperial and Rebel Aces sets are fantastic and give you a while slew of amazing extra options. I picked up one of each yesterday along with two TFA core sets and an original core set. I didn't pay more than 20$ for a single item.
>>
>>43856696
Holy shit that was amazing.
>>
File: 1448656525032.jpg (293KB, 1280x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1448656525032.jpg
293KB, 1280x1120px
Is hand-holding something that leads to the dark side?
>>
>>43868959
Only if you're holding a Skywalker's iron fist.

>>43868832
This is the best time to get into the game or get an extra core for the ties. If postage wasn't an issue I'd probably be getting an extra core, or even better four B-Wings and a Bandit.
>>
>>43868959
depends on how ATTACHED you are to one another
>>
>>43869066

Since it's Star Wars that hand won't stay attached for long
>>
Oh man, me and my housemates just got into X-Wing, I ended up going Scum and I'm really digging how many dirty tricks and bullshit they get to pull out of their ass.

>Three player game
>Kaat'o Leeachos drops Assault Missiles on the entirety of the Imperial player's squad before he gets shot down in a blaze of glory.
>Talonbane Cobra and his Black Sun Soldier buddy go down in a dogfight against three rebel aces.
>Palob Godalhi in the Moldy Crow proceeds to troll everyone to death, stealing focus left and right and using his Ion Cannon to keep the other squads facing each other rather than him.
>Glorious victory with an unscratched HWK-290
>>
>>43858254
>1. Why is the character black?

Why should he be non-black?

>2. I'm universe how many blacks do you see?
>I'm universe
>how many blacks do you see

wut?

>they wanted a POC in the movie as a main character

You have any evidence of this? Or that he's the protagonist?
>>
>>43869435
>Palob
My man.
>>
>>43868389
Eh.
I just hate sitting there watching cooldown timers.
>>
>>43865322
I'd play it/10
>>
>>43865322
You're 4 points over, anon.
>>
File: welcometopol.png (735KB, 598x840px) Image search: [Google]
welcometopol.png
735KB, 598x840px
>>43858254
>>
File: [Sad Beep].gif (1MB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
[Sad Beep].gif
1MB, 500x211px
>>43867548
>>
>>43870947

It was suicide by cop man, he rushed one of them with a switchblade. Should have been more clear.
>>
>>43864896
I do have 2 CR90s and my Nebulon as well as four of each rebel squadron.

I'm thinking Home One, AF Mk2, and the MC 30 backed up by some A-wings and X-wings. Ackbar for the extra broadsides, and just use the first few rounds to drop damage. After that play squirelly and stay out of range while still pelting the Imps with red dice.
>>
File: tJGuY3X.png (1MB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
tJGuY3X.png
1MB, 1162x850px
>>43861773

>>the Four Rejoices

>>Disney killing SWTOR
>>Disney killing 3 seperate Clone Wars canon
>>Disney killing Jedi Prince
>>TCW Killing Traviss Mandos, shitting on their continuity, and laughing over its twitching corpse, while Boba Fett is locked in a box and labeled "not Mandalorian."
>>
>>43870951

Still sad, anon.
>>
>>43871378
>>Disney killing the NJO
>>Disney killing TCW before it could reference the NJO
Fixed
>>
File: [laughs in illegal].jpg (53KB, 960x574px) Image search: [Google]
[laughs in illegal].jpg
53KB, 960x574px
>>43871378
>>43871731

It feels good, anon. It feels good.
>>
File: Ken.jpg (46KB, 201x348px) Image search: [Google]
Ken.jpg
46KB, 201x348px
>>43871378
>Disney killing Jedi Prince
That's what you think. Jedi Prince can't be stopped, can't be reasoned with, cant' feel mercy, and it absolutely will not give up until you love it.
>>
>>43872067
Dark Greetings
Listen, and understand! That Jedi Prince is canon here! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
>>
>>43872067
The more you push this stupid meme the more I hate it.
>>
>>43870380
reread the last upgrade on vader
>>
The problem with the mandalorians in a lot of the EU is that they constantly get treated like the most mary-sue fanfic faction in the whole canon.

>SUPA-elite operators, elite at every kind of combat

>So "badass", everyone wants them on their side, but they're too cool to be tied down to good or evil

>Magical unique technology nobody can replicate that lets them fight everyone and be better than everyone

>"Kill the leader to become the leader" system doesn't simply break down after one day

>Nobody seems to be a scientist or factory worker but they make better stuff than everyone

It's shit that a 14 year old would write. They're the chaotic neutral barbarian every kid writes as their first D+D character.
>>
>>43872495
Oh.
Derp.
Forgot that x/1 reduces the cost.
>>
>>43872534
>Nobody seems to be a scientist or factory worker

I picture everyone at MandalMotors being like the Krogan Scientist in Mass effect 2
>>
File: Dinner at the Benoits.gif (2MB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
Dinner at the Benoits.gif
2MB, 250x190px
>>43872534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn_J425eo3Q
>Someone get me a sock
>>
File: 5u04055.png (99KB, 320x273px) Image search: [Google]
5u04055.png
99KB, 320x273px
>>43872614
>that filename
>>
>>43872567

Man, that's a guy who loved his job. It wasn't just about the smashing things, but about finding NEW and INNOVATIVE ways to smash things. He wants to smash things in ways people have never smashed things before, putting killing tools in the hands and holsters and grenade belts of every fighter. It's the warriors who go out and bag the kills, but he shares in every kill they get with his weapons, and that makes him the most prolific killer in the whole clan, even if he doesn't share in the glory of the fight.
>>
>>43868888

Witnessed.
>>
File: mythbusters star wars.jpg (91KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
mythbusters star wars.jpg
91KB, 640x426px
>>43872567
Or like Adam and Jamie. I can definitely see that.
>>
>>43873169
Mando Adam and Jaime crossover with Star Wars Top Gear? Hell yeah
>>
File: bobafettponcho-300x245.jpg (24KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
bobafettponcho-300x245.jpg
24KB, 300x245px
>>43872534

I really hated how Boba Fett got roped into all this mandowank.

In the movies he's just Clint Eastwood with cool armor. That's all he's supposed to be.

Then he gets turned into this Lawful Neutral Paladin of Honor, and you find out his entire "race" is the exact same.
>>
>A rebel cruiser patrolling the borders of mon calamari space discovers a 2spooky derelict vessel with one unconcious passenger in it
What happens?
>>
>>43873618
This is why BHW Fett is best Fett.
>>
>>43873632
brought in via tractor beams

the hangar bay is quarantined and disinfected as medical staff rush in to investigate
>>
>>43873632
>spooky stuff in Mon Cal space
Sounds like the start of a Base Delta Green campaign.
>>
File: space vagina.jpg (142KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
space vagina.jpg
142KB, 1024x768px
>>43872656
I need my fun with file names once in a while

>Bobba went out like a punk
>>
>>43873618
Completely honest here, Mando are pretty much my favorite part of Star Wars. The armor, the jetpack, the weapons, Crusades yeah all awesome. The expanded universe shit I don't really care about, but Mando hate is always going to be popular on /teegee/
>>
>>43873709
>>43873632
Call in the nearest Jedi Errant (who is probably hitching a ride on the ship due to a sudden impulse) to feel around.
Maybe call in whatever Star Wars has that's equivalent to the Ghostbusters.
>>
File: biggest jobber in the galaxy.jpg (466KB, 688x994px) Image search: [Google]
biggest jobber in the galaxy.jpg
466KB, 688x994px
>>43873827
Nobody likes Traviss Mandalorians. TOR Mandos are sort of just there, and thus don't warrant much hate or love. Pre-Traviss and KOTOR Mandos, on the other hand, are cool.
>>
>>43873709
You have been cordially invited to a night at the Opera with Emperor Palpatine
>>43873681
Mon Calamari command loses contact with the cruiser within eight hours.
>>
>>43873950
But Mandalorians catch shit all the same

I really hate the idea that their armor is lightsaber resistant, and they're trained to repel Force mind tricks and shit. I love to think they're just smart guys and girls who fight smart, and of course retreat cause fuck fighting anyone with a lightsaber I'm gonna jet
>>
>>43874023
>>43873892
Oh sorry, you said Rebel mon cal.
Yeah, that's just not gonna go well for anyone who doesn't have something like an unlicensed nuclear accelerator backpack.
>>43874054
>and of course retreat cause fuck fighting anyone with a lightsaber I'm gonna jet
Hell yeah. And maybe occasionally, Jedi hire Mandos because they want the job done and they want it done right.
>>
>>43873950
I have to confess I kind of like some aspects of the Traviss mando's. Sure, I feel like I shouldn't, but I do.
>>
>>43874054
>hate the idea that their armor is lightsaber resistant
I'm okay with that, since it slightly reduces the mook factor when they show up, keeping them from turning into '80s action movie ninjas. The best option though, would be that full suit saber-resistance is only in the very highest quality suits, where the regular every day ones MIGHT have a resistant gauntlet or two at best.
>trained to repel Force mind tricks and shit
To be fair, Obi-Wan does say that mind tricks work on "the weak minded", and we see numerous instances of resistant individuals. I don't remember if Legends made it a thing all Hutts could do, but I've always figured Jabba could shrug it off because he was a wily old slug that nobody would ever describe as weak willed.
>and of course retreat cause fuck fighting anyone with a lightsaber I'm gonna jet
And even WITH one of those super high end sets of armor, this would still likely hold true because of two things. Resistance is not the same thing as no-selling. And a Jedi is GOING to whup your ass in melee unless you're one of the greatest duelists in the galaxy, because the Force makes them react faster, guides them to find openings you didn't even know you were leaving, et cetera.
Being able to take a Jedi in melee should be reserved for the Bruce Lees of the galaxy. The guys who really are "just that fucking good", and it should never become commonplace.
>>43874160
Hard Contact and Triple Zero were pretty okay, and some of the cultural elements (the adoptive nature of the culture, the quick and dirty wedding that can be done at any time because of those "we could die tomorrow" moments, a lot of the stuff about family) are potentially rather cool. The problem is that Traviss liked her creation too much, and felt the need to make them "awesome", in that juvenile manner of a fourteen year old creating her original character donut steel for her fanfic.
>>
File: wraith squadron patch.png (86KB, 593x602px) Image search: [Google]
wraith squadron patch.png
86KB, 593x602px
>>43874101
>Jedi hire Mandos because they want the job done and they want it done right
Why spend that much money on mercs when Luke has Wedge on speed-dial?
>>
>>43874251
Plausible deniability
>>
>>43874220
>I'm okay with that, since it slightly reduces the mook factor when they show up, keeping them from turning into '80s action movie ninjas.

That's pretty much what Boba was in the movie - scary and threatening until an actual fight scene happened, and then he was killed off by accident.

There's absolutely no reason "mandalorians" should be any more dangerous than any other trained soldiers.
>>
>>43874160
>>43874220

Yeah, I like earlier, more subtle parts and maybe not "all war all the time, even our musical instruments are weapons!" myself. It feels very natural to a culture which is represented in the earlier fiction as going around trying to war everywhere.

>>43874342

Sure there is, they're Space Vikmongols and this is Star Wars.
>>
>>43874054

You don't need to be trained to repel Mind Tricks unless you're weak-willed. Resistance comes from being too stubborn or focused, or being strong willed. Weakness comes from doubt, a lack of conviction, or weak-mindedness.

>>43874342

Boba Fett wasn't exactly a pushover in that fight, he stayed in it, switching up combat plans until he was out of weapons, THEN he got fucked over on accident in the melee. Remember, he wrapped up Luke, and pulled a blaster when that failed, both those tactics might work on damn near everyone, but it's not everyday you have to fight someone with a goddamned energy sword.
>>
>>43874342

Also, in a lot of the earlier EU and even in I think the scripting and drafts of the films, Fett isn't described a lot as "a mandalorian" but more "the man in mandalorian armor", which puts more emphasis that the armor is "mandalorian" than Fett. And as much as people whinge about "wah, Disney/TCW doesn't treat Boba as a mando", even Traviss, the quintessential mandaboo spent a lot of time in her own novels going "Damn, Boba, you a shitty mando".

My memory of that earlier Fett is that he's a cold, efficient hunter with a lot of tricks up his sleeve, but he's not blinded by "the thrill of the hunt" or without that villainous sense of honor. The reason why he loses more often than not his because he's a solo act, and heroes have friends (this is especially true in the Han Solo Trilogy).
>>
File: originaleyes2kj.jpg (55KB, 660x615px) Image search: [Google]
originaleyes2kj.jpg
55KB, 660x615px
>>43874689

>Boba Fett wasn't exactly a pushover in that fight, he stayed in it

But ultimately, he still wasn't quite up to snuff and his lack of situational awareness fucked him over.

See, I like it better if you just go off what we see in the movies. You get a sense he's a cut above the rest since he was the only bounty hunter to anticipate the notoriously slippery Han Solo trying something crazy like hiding on a Star Destroyer.

But his translated into him being THE GREATEST BOUNTY HUNTER IN THE GALAXY!
>>
>>43851977
Playing FFG.
>>
>>43874779
The thing about Fett is he's clever in a profession of thugs, and he's built it into enough of a reputation that he often doesn't even have to fight.
>>
>>43874779
>But his translated into him being THE GREATEST BOUNTY HUNTER IN THE GALAXY!

This is the problem with the way a ton of groups are characterized in SW.

Okay, let's say Mandos are "proud warrior race guys" - that's fine, that's a pretty popular trope. That doesn't also automatically mean they should be the #1 most elite warriors in the galaxy with no weaknesses against anyone.

They don't have to be complete mooks, but they can be competent sometimes, and defeated other times. And everyone needs to have some depth to make them interesting. There's a reason "boring invincible heroes" are boring for being invincible.
>>
>>43874767

Pretty much the only place where Fett was a Mandalorian was the original Star Wars comic, which had its own version of the Mandalorians and also a seriously fucked-up backstory for Fett.
>>
>>43874779

I like this pic, though I'd like to see a few modifications to it. The cloak is nice, but if we saw more angular armor plates underneath, highlight the silhouette and armor underneath slightly, it'd be very intimidating.

>>43874779
>>43874902

Yeah, he was never best of the best, but he seemed like a cut above or at least quick-witted and clever. Then again, he says little, and we see little. He respects Leia's ploy to get more pay, with a simple nod, and otherwise seems reserved and alert, calm in the company of others. He even trades a few quips with DV himself, but DV seems amiable enough, because he produced satisfactory results where a lot of his Admirals haven't.

Really, all we know of Bubbles is that he's professional and competent, and that makes a good badguy. Simplicity for simplicity's sake, with a twist of mystery added to make it compelling.
>>
>>43874251
Lando & Leia pretty much did this to go fuck up a Imperial warlord once. Plus save Luke's first real battlegroup command from going out like a bitch.
>>
File: 1445278719934.jpg (176KB, 504x779px) Image search: [Google]
1445278719934.jpg
176KB, 504x779px
I actually like boba fett being a stone fucking badass, and I especially love TCW boba being completely fucking insane and going Gray Fox all over everybody's asses.
mostly, I feel like the whole "boba fett is a lame bitch" thing is really just pushback against traviss mandos rather than anything about the actual character
>>
File: 1444684405350.png (49KB, 243x258px) Image search: [Google]
1444684405350.png
49KB, 243x258px
>>43875032

>but DV seems amiable enough, because he produced satisfactory results where a lot of his Admirals haven't.

This is always something that interested me about Vader.

He promotes Ozzel and Needa for being incompetent. He almost kills some dude just to demonstrate how powerful that "ancient religion" the guy was mocking actually is. And in a deleted scene he chokes Jerjerrod or whatever for telling him he couldn't enter Sheev's throne room.

But at the same time he let that one guy in a A New Hope straight up challenge him about keeping Leia as a prisoner, and instead of choking him out Vader just tells him to chill and let him handle it. Then later when Fett bitches about Han Solo potentially dying, Vader just coolly tells him he'll get his pay one way or another.

It's that odd, elegant mix of "don't fail me again" and "I'm not a total monster" that really helps set Vader apart from all of his imitators in other works.
>>
>>43863149
>being a tech priest fag
>>
>>43875196
It's not even about Traviss.
Boba has had weird obsessiv fanboys since basically forever.
>>
>>43875196
>>43875226

His honestly really cool appearance and icy demeanor was compounded with the fact his first run action figure was incredibly rare.

So that further added to the mystique of the character, and he quickly became a fan favorite well before even Return of the Jedi came out.
>>
>>43875196
>mostly, I feel like the whole "boba fett is a lame bitch" thing is really just pushback against traviss mandos rather than anything about the actual character
It has nothing to do with Traviss, it's just people who want to be cool because they don't like the thing other people like.
>>
>>43875214

Well, a useful pawn has produced good results, he's entitled to a little bit of bitching.

That or Vader just likes a guy who can get results while also getting his hands dirty. He might see some commonalities or at least a refreshing change of pace with a guy who has a singular, simple focus, rather than wasting his time playing authority games. Darth Vader is a very direct kind of guy, he must like dealing with people who operate on his level.

>>43875288

He also probably was the best performance in his first appearance, the Star Wars Holiday Special cartoon short (which is straight out of Mobius trippy), even if the ending doesn't make much sense.
>>
Is there a list of which Moffs ruled over which sectors and where they kept their capitals during the Imperial Era? Specifically interested in the Ojoster Sector.
>>
File: 1446846735327.jpg (79KB, 607x455px) Image search: [Google]
1446846735327.jpg
79KB, 607x455px
>>43871378
>Disney killing SWTOR

Is this official? Aren't the kotor vidya's canon?

>Disney killing 3 seperate Clone Wars canon

I've said my peace on that - some of what was killed was good, which is the problem with outright killing all the EU - you kill the good along with the bad.

or are you going to say that losing X-Wing and Thrawn is worth the price of losing NJO?

>TCW Killing Traviss Mandos, shitting on their continuity, and laughing over its twitching corpse, while Boba Fett is locked in a box and labeled "not Mandalorian."

>stop liking what I dont like

Lets just all agree to disagree.

Or are traviss mando fags gonna get gassed like jews on this general?
>>
So, anyone knows if/when we'll get more of that Seventh Sister action in Rebels?

I need more of that freaky spider-y bad-touch kawaii-droid handling inquisitor
>>
>>43865401
Naughty pirates get put in the pear wiggler to atone for their crimes
>>
>>43875577
>Is this official? Aren't the kotor vidya's canon?
No, they are not.
>>
File: TOTJ1-FC.jpg (659KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
TOTJ1-FC.jpg
659KB, 1024x1463px
>>43875667

Well, neither is Tales of The Jedi, so nothing has changed
>>
>>43875577
>Is this official? Aren't the kotor vidya's canon?
There's been passing mention of some KoTOR era stuff in TCW, but that's all that's canon right now. So like most everything else, all you can do is assume it's in limbo at best until something definitely confirming old stuff or replacing it happens.

>>43875580
https://youtu.be/bnHGyCQbF4g?t=4m46s
Jump to 4:46 if it doesn't do it already.
>>
>>43875684

How would one acquire Tales of the Jedi? Is it all comics, or is it also books? I think I need to invest, regardless of state of canon.
>>
>>43875684

>dat 90s hair

>dem frosted tips

>dat rat tail

Backstreet's back in the jedi temple.
>>
>>43875702
Google is your friend.
>>
>>43875702

Its comics, and I think you can still buy the collection books

I used to have one before I lost it in a move
>>
File: SWTGC_Boba_Fett.jpg (574KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SWTGC_Boba_Fett.jpg
574KB, 1200x1200px
Someone make a new thread

Or I will, and I'll make it "Traviss Mandos Edition"
>>
>>43876090
SOMEONE MAKE A NEW THREAD
>>
File: 1332812806150.jpg (2MB, 1647x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1332812806150.jpg
2MB, 1647x1080px
NEW THREAD

>>43876241
>>43876241
>>43876241
>>43876241
>>43876241

I told you I'd do it
>>
>>43876090
do it

Vode An
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.