[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I find it so easy to read 4chan while drinking coffee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1451742554276.png (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451742554276.png
27KB, 400x400px
Why do I find it so easy to read 4chan while drinking coffee and listening to music for a huge number of hours, but I can't use this possible huge attention span for anything else?
>>
Because you feel no regret, no remorse, no repent, for lurking this shitty site.
>>
Bad comparison. Here you also skip to the next thread once you're bored. If you task yourself with analyzing some random literary property of some single thread for an hour, you'd also learn to feel uncomfortabke doing that job.
>>
>>7757964
>on 4chin, no mental effort required
>interested

>self teaching a subject or doing anything else, mental effort required
>interested

Do I actually need to go further?
>>
>>7757964
Because it now has a very wide array of interests and gives you a great deal of social interaction. If you get board with one subject you can simply go to a new thread or entire board.

If you wish to better yourself while on 4chan I suggest only perusing these boards,

>>>/diy/
>>>/out/

Those two have subject matters that make you want to get up and do something. A few examples,

>>>/out/654914
>>>/out/642341
>>>/out/656013

>>>/diy/919720
>>>/diy/922117
>>>/diy/917635
>>
>>7758007
damn it i'm so easily homophoned

> If you get bored

fixed
>>
>>7757964
Google "psychology flow".

Reading 4chan is not difficult, but it's "challenging" in the sense that you are reading something new, but reading is a fixed skill you have. So you can stay in a productive flow state for long because the reading material is low challenge, but just challenging enough so you don't get bored.

How to project this on your studies? You can't really, that's why it's so hard for someone to just open a physics textbook and start studying without previous exposure to the field, your mind quickly abandon's you.

So inevitably when you learn a new discipline you will have low efficiency when you start studying it for the first time and it's a conscious effort to force yourself to study. The good news is that as become more proficient in your understanding your autism abilities quickly build up and you can spend hours studying the topic in a flow state just like you could reading 4chan.

There's your motivation to go force yourself to study for the rest of the day.
>>
>>7758007
What /fit/ and /sci/?

/fit/ for obvious reasons and /sci/ does have good textbook rec threads etc. because of the wide array of backgrounds.
>>
>>7758033
Have you actually been to /fit/?
>>
>>7758050
The sticky is enough to get you started and the QTDDTOT thread is enough for those just looking to improve instead of pretending they're world class athletes and bodybuilders.

and FPH is funny.
>>
>>7758053
/fit/ is a shithole even the sticky reflects that
>>
>>7757964
Because you're 20 years old and have no real responsibilities. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>7757964
>implying a retard with ADHD couldn't keep up with this board.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.