[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>simple cartoon is objectively better than every anime from

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: rick.jpg (157KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
157KB, 960x540px
>simple cartoon is objectively better than every anime from the past decade
How will weebs recover?
>>
>>36464804
I don't watch Rick and morty. I don't give a shit about your cartoon
>>
>they still watch cartoons
>>
Can I get a quick rundown on why a lot of people here hate it?
>>
File: 14.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
If you watch anime you're human garbage and need to be put down
>>
File: Shotgun Jesus.jpg (38KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shotgun Jesus.jpg
38KB, 720x480px
>>36464864
It's an edgy show geared towards atheist redditors. This Christian image board shall not stand for such outlandish tomfoolery.
>>
>>36464804
Ricardo featuring Mortimer is gud.
Anime is gud.

They can both be gud.
Deal.
>>
>>36464864
Because it is popular. Thus at least one normie watches it. Thus it is not robot. Thus it does not belong on this board.
>>
I watched 1st season some time ago, it was ok but not really the best tv-show everyone is saying. Is modern animation in such a bad place that Rick and Morty is the pinnacle of western animation?
>>
>>36464912
This
Also they are good in different ways
Anime is usually more emotionally rewarding and fulfilling, but post-anime depression may or may not be a drawback
R&M is good for jacking off and placating that "I wish I wasn't here and I wish the world wasn't so boring" part of your brain
>>
>>36464904
t. didn't watch the show
>>
File: reddit and morty.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reddit and morty.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>36464864
It's literally made by 4channers who post on /co/

Hating on it is partly ironic, partly newfags trying to fit in by being contrarian.
>>
>>36464971
>t. didn't watch the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPc_Jai2-ww
>>
>>36464986
This is mocking athiests...
>>
>>36464864
Reddit loves it so 4chan "must" hate it. Even though it is one of the better animated shows (I'm not a weeb so I can't compare it to anime) of the last decade
>>
>>36464935
>>36464978
I feel like you are wrong but I don't care that much
>>
>>36464978
So if I like the show, I'm part of 4chan and can be cool again ?
>>
>>36464864
No one actually hates it. It's just a meme to hate it.

Proof: Go to /co/ when a new episode airs.
>>
I liked it at first, but I'm really becoming resentful of all of the hurr durr nihilism shit that's in so much of the media produced today.
>>
>>36465026
You can like whatever you want
>>
>>36464986
>trying to prove you watched the show by posting a link to a 30 second yt vid
>trying to prove the humor is anti-christian by posting irony you didn't get
Wew
>>
>>36464999
Not really, like this it is pretty out of context, so hard to get, but there are explanations on youtube too. Basically Rick is a self loathing bastard who is aware of his mortality and situation, so he strives to make the most of it. Him being this annoyed by all this means there is an atheist undertone.
>>
>>36465056
>staunch athiest character still turns to faith went confronted with a crisis
>casually goes back to his anti-god stance when things are going good for him

How is this anti-christian?
>>
>>36465070
I see it as lambasting condescending atheists who in times of need still turn to faith.
>>
>>36465085
>faith is just a natural reaction to bad experiences
It doesn't explicitly mock christians, but it's a very anti theist perspective
>>
>>36465015
I am wrong. Just a lil' contradicting the contrarians for my own amusement.

Some people like it, some people don't. It comes down to your taste.

From a purely objective perspective, it gets the job done. Animation is smooth, characters are consistent. Most episodes display a relatively novel approach to the traditional cartoon formula.

It's sci-fi looney tunes with two consistent protagonists. If you can't appreciate the formula or the absurdity, then you probably won't like it.
>>
Anyone who thinks cartoons can be objectively better than anime is either ignorant or a lunatic.
>>
More like reddit and memey
>>
>>36465128
that seems more like its painting atheists as hypocrites to me
>>
>>36465145
Anime is cartoons mon chere
>>
>>36465128
>it's a very anti theist
How???
>>36465165
this
>>
>>36464804
How the fuck can Rick and morty be objectively better than anime when they're different concepts entirely? Rick and morty is a comedy, while anime utilizes animation to convey stories that couldn't be told with actors. Why does everyone on this board have to be so polarized about everything? All of you either defend shit to the death, or act like said shit was pissing on your mother's grave.
>>
>rick and morty is a bad show
>why is it so hard to sift through all the nuance of this comedy???
>>
>>36465169
Yeah, and bananas are water melons.
>>
>>36465128
>very anti theist perspective

not necessarily
>>
>>36465185
Many anime are comedies and tell stories that could easily be accomplished with real actors.
>>
File: slit 5.jpg (18KB, 504x378px) Image search: [Google]
slit 5.jpg
18KB, 504x378px
>>>/co/
>>>/tv/
>>>/r-burp-eddit/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>36465165
>>36465184

Because it paints religion as the opium of the people, something people flee towards to feel better in hard times. Irrational and cowardly
>>
>>36465128
Why are christ cucks so sensative.
>>
>>36465384
I am not a christ cuck.
>>
>>36465357
T. Marx
Originally overthrowing Burgoise
>>
Because there is literally not a SINGLE (1) good comedy anime.
>>
>>36466074
There are many.
>>
>>36464864
>Can I get a quick rundown on why a lot of people here hate it?

It has the exact same joke pattern every single time.

The exact same fucking setup. Every time.

For those who haven't watched an episode of it, this trailer shows how asinine and repetitive it is. Morty acts scared/concerned, Rick reassures despite any danger, Morty says "gee I don't know Rick", Rick reassures again, etc.

https://youtu.be/ZsCGXcpa3Qw
>>
File: 1391397524996.png (63KB, 682x614px) Image search: [Google]
1391397524996.png
63KB, 682x614px
>>36466170
>"Aww jeez Rick I don't know."
FTFY
>>
>>36464978
SIR can go fuck himself. He ruined /fit/ with his annual epicxD maymays:the comic that brings in hordes of newfags every year.
>>
>>36464864
It's not consistently funny. Sometimes it tries to be smart, or build on plot, but the 'in depth philosophical ideas' go no further than very shallow nihilism, and the plot for most episodes is just a reskin of something that's already been done before.

As >>36466170
pointed out, the jokes are essentially this. Rick is an asshole, he makes morty do things that would scar an adult, let alone a teenager, so it's therefore funny because of "my le fucked up sense of humour xD".

The only people who watch it are teenagers who are too pretentious to watch cartoons such as adventure time or regular show, because they seem 'childish'
>>
>>36464864
It's the big bang theory of 2017
>>
>>36466074
nichijou and konosuba are funny haha
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.