[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I become a school bus driver for elementary school kids?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (126KB, 1000x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 1000x527px
Should I become a school bus driver for elementary school kids? It sounds like an easy enough, low stakes job, socially speaking.
How hard is it to become one? Does anyone here have any experience with it?
>>
>>35575974
>low stakes job
my elementary school bus driver killed one of the kids dogs by running it over accidentally
>>
>>35575974
Are you a funny guy? Did you have a funny uncle?
>>
Low stakes job, socially speaking.
I'm an excellent driver. I'm not gonna run over a dog.
And even if I did, I wouldn't really care. Likely, the kid would stop taking the bus, or the district would transfer me to another school if they determined it wasn't my fault and the dog was just being a fag. So then I avoid the social tension of facing the kid anyway.
>>
>>35576150
No, but it's not hard to be funny for a bunch of elementary school kids. And it's not like my bus driver for most of my elementary school years ever tried to be funny. He was a grouch.
>>
>knows how to drive
Normie!!!!
But really, I hear driving big vehicles is hard. Takes a certain amount of concentration and confidence that our kind typically lacks.
>>
>>35576216
You should drive buses, the ones that take people around the cities, or better yet run the metro or whatever you call the train. Those fuckers start at 15/hr and basically stare off into space.
>>
>>35576216
Being a trucker isnt a bad idea either, not sure about this, but I think its like 50-60k starting. Piss jugs included.
>>
>>35575974
>It sounds like an easy enough, low stakes job, socially speaking.

Do you realize they will yell fight and fuck around and you will have to deal with them, basically like having a class
>>
Have fun waking up at 4am and sitting in a shitty bus all day
>>
>>35575974
You need a special drivers license to operate a bus.
>>
File: 1feeel12.png (169KB, 367x392px) Image search: [Google]
1feeel12.png
169KB, 367x392px
>>35576460
I wake up at 4 am and post frogs. At least I'll be getting paid to drive around instead of manual labor. op should just do trucking local then become a bread delivery guy or some shit
>>
>>35576323
Lad, they male 25 an hour where I am. ..
>>
>>35576513
you can get those for free at SWIFT,Milton, CR ENGLAND,Perterbuilt. or go to a trucking school for free. there's a program where you can get training for free if you're NEET in the US. I'm doin it
>>
File: bobby-hill.jpg (194KB, 347x396px) Image search: [Google]
bobby-hill.jpg
194KB, 347x396px
>>35576291
>interacting with anyone over 12
too high pressure. kids don't really give a fuck or have enough perspective to know just how autistic I am. adults will pick it up quick.
>>35576323
those jobs will be automated in 10 years. school buses will take a little longer. parents will be hesitant to change when it involves their children, even though machines will be safer than human drivers at that point.
>>35576374
which is why i'm not going to go any higher than elementary school kids. i can handle their fights, and my area is racially homogeneous middle class anyway so there's not gonna be that much commotion anyway. wasn't when i was growing up.
>>35576460
better than what i'm doing now
>>35576513
i'm gonna get try to get one, i started this thread to ask how hard it was.
>>35576526
agreed, although i'm not gonna be doing trucking cause that'll be automated within 10 years
>>35576560
>get training for free
elaborate
>>
File: 1483574861196.jpg (11KB, 192x146px) Image search: [Google]
1483574861196.jpg
11KB, 192x146px
>>35575974
Be careful you might get feels from when you were in school.

But I say you should go for it
When I was a cashier I like when kids come to my station, I could make jokes with them and it's nice.

Kids up to 12 won't see you autism.
>>
>>35577227
>, although i'm not gonna be doing trucking cause that'll be automated within 10 years
just go to busing if and when if happens.
>>
Just remember, what ever happens it's all on you. Good luck, OP.
>>
>>35575974
Thanks for reminding me of those autistic daydreams that I had where I was a bus driver that stopped bullying and was a cool guy.

but also

>low stakes job

you can potentially kill a couple dozen kids by just being distracted or sleepy for a second
>>
Ex-bus driver here, protip.

Touching the kids WILL get you fired if you're caught.
>>
>>35577369
>you might get feels from when you were in school
I doubt it, I'm too numb to such things
>>35577978
i'd honestly rather do school bus driving but i'll keep that in mind in case this doesn't pan out
>>35578010
thanks
>>35578091
I honestly dread having to break up fights. hopefully there won't be too many given the kind of place I live, but in any case that's one of the reasons I'm gonna go for elementary school kids. I can handle them. But some 6'5 220 sophomore? no thanks.
>you can potentially kill a couple dozen kids
as i said to the other guy, i said low stakes, SOCIALLY speaking. i'm an excellent driver, but even if I kill them, oh well. the odds are more likely for someone else. i don't feel guilt when the statistics are in my favor.
>>35578101
kek
>>
It sounds comfy, but I couldn't deal with all the kids in my area. Too many Pedros and Tyrones always fighting over something. If I did do this id have to move to Montana or Oregon or Maine, somewhere really white.
>>
You don't want that job. It's not fun. I've had something similar (drive a large van to pick up kids for a charter school every morning) and dealing with those little faggots every morning was the bane of my existence.
I assemble food for a living at Taco Bell now, and while it's its own kind of private hell, it still beats bussing children to school.
>>
>>35575974
>feel bus
>not a short bus
>>
I'd much rather drive a bus for a senior center or something. I don't imagine old people causing too much trouble.
>>
>>35578707
my area is mostly white
>>35578923
>fast food job
>would have to talk to people at the counter or drive thru
>impatient ADULTS waiting for food; my sperginess would make things a lot worse
I'm gonna try to start smaller and work with kids first. they can't sense autism as well.
>>
>>35578982
>working with adults
nah
>>
>>35578998
M8 even white areas aren't safe these days.
Probably high income East Asian areas are your safest best.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c7EcGUfMLLg
>>
>>35577227
>kids don't really give a fuck or have enough perspective to know just how autistic I am
Kids know more than you think and are more perceptive than we think they are.

>"moooom, I don't want to take the bus. The bus driver is always sweaty and he's weird!"
>"shush, sweety. He's just slow and needs a little pocket money. Just smile and put in your quarter and go in the back and play with chad and stacy jr"
>>
do you want to be like otto the bus driver
>>
File: 1485720781092.jpg (223KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485720781092.jpg
223KB, 800x600px
>>35576046
My bus driver did this to my favorite dog when I was in school.
>>
Tard bus driver would be funny as fuck. and your helper does all the dirty work of keeping tader tards in line
>>
>>35579086
it's all about the odds m8. white areas are still safer than all minority areas besides East Asian. I'll run the risk they pose.
I actually side with the kid in that video, tbqhwyfamilyhomeevening
>>35579234
>kids know more than you think
well it's still a lower bar than adults and I hope I can at least rise above that level
>put in your quarter
>paying a toll to ride a public school bus
where do you live? we pay that through taxes in the US
>>35579367
no, I just want to be a decent, standard bus driver who the kids will forget as soon as I'm out of their lives. that's as high as I can really hope to go, if that. but maybe >>35579234 's prediction will turn out to be true.
>>
>>35579640
Aren't they all chained up on the bus?
>>
>>35579640
i would be horrible at that. too many problems and I'm a weak major pussy. mentally retarded kids are actually surprisingly strong, and the reason i want to drive younger kids around is because they are weak, and i can deal with them if it comes to something serious.
>>
>>35579840
you wouldn't even have to deal with them physically. little kids may break out in physical fights occasionally, but they are still young enough and have great fear of authority. you stopping the bus, standing up and yelling as you walk toward them would be enough. they would have the sense to stop at once. this is convenient too, because you are actually not ALLOWED to touch students.
mentally retarded kids don't have this same sense that little kids have. they're too unpredictable, and also, touching them is even MORE likely to cause hysteria.
>>
>>35579086
>gilbert, arizona
I live there. I was in 8th grade when this happened.
I wonder why I didn't hear about it.
>>
>>35579640
back to >>>/b/ m80kins
>>
File: 0003.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
0003.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>35579429
>anime girl
get >>>/out/
>>
>>35575974
You will kill a child.
Im serious, the bullshit that ensues on a bus. The screaming and shit and then you have to actually drive while handling them at the same time.
Lmao, godspeed OP.
>>
>>35579429
griffin? im jon
>>
>>35577227
Hey protip from a bus driver myself its easier if you do 7-12grade they usually just listen to music or sleep on the bus my bus is quiet in the morning because its early af and in the afternoon everyone just keeps to themselves
>>
>>35581896
But i live in a semi poor and midclass area in texas though
>>
File: 1464185553863.png (109KB, 243x304px) Image search: [Google]
1464185553863.png
109KB, 243x304px
My elementary school bus driver once when out of her way to hit a dog. Swerved the bus after some kids in the very front were freaking out about a dog in the road then we all felt a bump as a dog was hit but the front of the bus and then we felt it under the rear tire.

Also I think you just need a CDL livense and you can just apply at any bus depot. But driving big vehicles isn't like regular driving at all. You have to follow special rules especially when you're transporting people. The of course just driving a big bus is hard on it's own.
>>
>>35581896
ok, but they'll be a lot more likely to pick up on my sperginess than little kids, and while fights may be less common, when they DO happen, I'll be completely fucked. I'm only 5'9 and weigh 130 pounds.
>>
>>35575974

School Bus driver Here!!!

I drive a "The" short bus.

pic related
>>
>>35581202
>comes to a japanese anime forum
>spergs out over someone using an anime girl
>meanwhile he uses something as random as a guy in a cowboy hat
>>>/k/
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.