[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 797
Thread images: 154

File: QTG.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
QTG.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/nFKxt

>QM Question
What dice system (if you have one) do you use for your quest and why? If you don't use dice, why not?

>Player Question
How crunchy are your votes? Do you just vote for prompts or do you add a little extra to your votes (extra dialogue, explaining your reasoning behind picking a certain prompt, etc) and occasionally do write ins? Do you leave certain votes in a quest to other people when they call for detailed responses?

>Bonus Question
Who is your favorite Quest MC and why?

PSA: Due to the nature of the 3 day autosage it might be preferable when using the catalog to switch the [Sort By:] option to [Last Reply]. That way you'll still see active quests at the top even if they are autosaging.
>>
Test
>>
>>473128
>PSA
That's a good idea, OP.

>Bonus Question
Tali, from MAQ

>Player Question
I've given up on being too crunchy. I used to be, but why bother

>QM question
OGL
>>
File: OC_Casual_Lin_By_Larro.png (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
OC_Casual_Lin_By_Larro.png
35KB, 800x600px
>Qm Question: What dice system (if you have one) do you use for your quest and why?
3d10 where two of the dice needs to meet the DC, Best of 3. Did it because after playing around with some small things in the first thread, that's what I settled for.
Might change it soon to 1d100 with more modifiers to allow more bonuses and for them to be more important or maybe the same system Soma uses for his Asoiaf quest, but we'll see.

On another note, Hero Guardian Quest returns on Friday, the 19th of August. I want to run the first thread of this new Arc through the weekend.
>>
File: op.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
>Player Question
Generally I just go with the predetermined prompts unless we are allowed some creativity via write-in, but most of the time another player has concocted some better plan in which I just vote for that one.
----------------------------------------------
Shilling for my project Modern Inquisitor Quest, starting August 15th (so tomorrow) at Noon (UTC-08:00 because California).

Hope to see you there!
>>
>>452818
Continuing in this thread.
>>
>>473128
>QM Question
Bo3, sometimes Bo4, 1d100. It gives a larger chance for success and allows for hilarious outcomes.
>>
>QM Question
Each of my quests use a different mechanics because I'm a schizo little shit trying to find the best mechanics to match the themes and tones of the story.

>Bonus Question

The one I'm most excited about is Yuki from BioArmor because she's angry and impulsive and I can see the players putting her on either the remnants or the rebel sides.

The one that's my favorite is S-Anon from Sibella Quest. He's self conscious about his leadership, immature, and way in over his head but its charming how he really does try to get everyone on the same side even if he screws up along the way and winds up beating up his supervisor.
>>
>>474136
>its charming how he really does try to get everyone on the same side even if he screws up along the way and winds up beating up his supervisor
I guess I won't be reading your quest
>>
>>474240
To be fair there are not a lot of quests where the players don't try that at some point. Haven't read Sibella Quest though, so I've no idea how it goes.
>>
whether you're a player or a QM; what quest ideas would you like to one day run/play?
>>
>>474240
>>474258
Catholic church wants the MC to get information from vampire princess waifu about where she's been the past year.

She doesn't want to talk about it and implies it could hurt her family and get them in trouble if she does.

Archangel boss is not pleased. Sends a catgirl nun to be his advisor and make sure his Catholic vampire hunter cell doesn't fracture.

They have a meeting with everyone in the cell. Its friendly but has a tense undercurrent. The tension builds to a head as the MC and catgirl nun but heads over potential new recruits. MC made a not so judicious call and gets called out on it. Catgirl nun wants to spar after the meeting to work our their frustrations about each other.

They sit down and talk civilly after the meeting and show mutual respect. Then they enter into a spirited sparring match that the MC is winning (so far).

Meanwhile their angel partners are flying above them talking about life, the war in heaven, the proper treatment of demons, and other philosophical stuff as the silly mortals beat on one another.

I do hope it sounds better in context. Please tell me if it does not.

Would have ran the rest of the fight today if I wasn't sick as a dog.
>>
File: 1456678218277.png (281KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1456678218277.png
281KB, 600x450px
>>473128
> QM Question
I usually prefer a narrative approach in my Quests, which means very little dice rolling on the part of my players. Generally I'm just not very good with mechanics and all that.
>>
File: 1f121dacf7326a9e55bf20a2360598d1.jpg (606KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1f121dacf7326a9e55bf20a2360598d1.jpg
606KB, 848x1200px
>>474284
I want to run a mecha quest involving a company of private mercenaries going up against an entire alien race bent on mankind's destruction. The Alien race will be Humanity's better in every way, and the only chance mankind has is the twelve robots the mercenary group discovered in ancient ruins on Earth. There is a different end-goal outside of beating the Alien Race, but that will be discovered after the war has progressed somewhat. But first I need to finish Hitmaid.
>>
Don't use dice because I was dumb and couldn't figure out a good way to incorporate it in. I might in the future, but for now there's no dice rolling. On a similar note, starting again today!

>>470560
>>
>>474284
Quest where you have to kill the various gods of the pokemon universe because of the power they wield and how easily that power can be captured.
>>
>>474284
Oh boy where do I start.

More Cape World stuff. I was thinking one based on controlling and operating a super mini submarine used by a super hero named BLUE CRAB. You'd explore sunken cities and fight sea monsters and ghost pirates.

Another one with a super hero named RAT PACK which is hive mind of intelligent rats that have mastered origami and take their little Secret of NIMH/Rescuers city with them as they move. They protect New York's sewers which in the Cape World setting is like a more extreme Underdark. Some individual rats have weak super powers that can be shared with the hive mind to produce powerful results. One rat can throw tiny sparks. But when he shares it through the world mind it acts like a flamethrower with every rat attacking.

I was thinking one mechanic would be every anon get their own rat with a tiny semi-useful super power. Anons vote on mind melds and group tactics.

Another one would be a quest where you play as MAGICAL WOMAN, one of Cape World's magical girls from Japan. She's like the Professor X of magical girls. She helps them adjust to the weirdness of the job and helps them resolve differences and work together as a team. Think what if Cardcaptor Sakura grew up and helped the kids from Madoka. That's what the quest is about. A lot of feels, a lot of tenderness.

And I am going to finish Baron Bizarre one of these days.

Cape World quests will be a thing.

Any of this stuff sound interesting?
>>
File: 1468972934016.gif (495KB, 316x671px) Image search: [Google]
1468972934016.gif
495KB, 316x671px
>>474284
1. Valkyria Chronicles - Imperial Penal Battalion Quest (Almost ran this, but decided on Star Wars Fortune Hunter instead)

2. Star Wars Imperial Inquisitor (Really want to get back to running this, but Observer hasn't been sighted in months)

3. Baseball Quest (cuz baseball)

There's a bit more stuff, but those are the ones I can think off the top of my head.
>>
File: Nazi areal refueling.jpg (45KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi areal refueling.jpg
45KB, 700x420px
>>473128
>QM Question
I don't tend to use dice rolls because I want players to focus more on tactical votes rather than taking a risky course of action and putting all of their faith in the dice.
>Player Question
That depends on what we are voting on.
>Bonus Question
The maid from Maid Quest.
>>474284
I want to run a mix of both alt-history WW2 with strike witches. The premise being that Nazi Germany and the rest of the Axis are in a much better position than they were historically. However due to how brutal the Axis has been many of their witch covens have fled to allied countries, leaving the axis with a small but very fearless and fanatical force of witches, and are forced to use very advanced conventional aircraft to bring the odds into their favour. The player character would either be a witch or a normal aviator.

Of course I would have finish my current quest before starting this next one. But I will keep the idea in reserve for later.
>>
New here, any rules/guidelines on how long a quest should be?
>>
>>474296
Let's just say that's not a good summary. Lots of buzzwords there that set off a no reflex, like 'vampire princess waifu' or 'catgirl nun' or 'archangel boss'

Can you imagine an archangel boss standing by the water cooler?
>>
>>474414
Well he's an archangel. And he's our boss. Not a lot of ways to say it.

It is a waifu quest, so if you don't like the idea of vampire waifus you will not like this quest at all.
>>
>>474438
>>474438
>>474438
Relic Quest is now up and running again.

>>474284
From my current to-do list:

1- Persona: The World Quest. You are the MC of a Persona game, but your Arcana is the World instead of the Fool. Someone somewhere is doing something to literally stall time so that it can no longer move forward, and you have to find out who they are and stop them. I'd like to say more, but it would involve massive spoilers.

2- Gundam Reclamation Quest: Doesn't actually have anything to do with any Gundam franchise, but it's so similar to Gundam that I decided to tack the name on. Over a century ago, the industrial colonies rebelled against the Terran Hegemony. The Hegemony gradually turned into a military dictatorship, so the remnants of the civilian government plotted with the colonies to shove both their militaries under the bus and start over. Most of the ships were destroyed in the final battle, but some where unaccounted for. Now, the exiled remnants of the Hegemony's fleets are back, and they want to ruin the ongoing peace and wreak vengeance on everyone in the heliosphere.

3- Metal Gear: Lost Children Quest. You are a child soldier. You had a shot at a civilian life, but you gave it up so you could return to the battlefield where you belong. Not sure if it would have an overarching plot, or just episodic merc stuff.
>>
File: 1467864918709.jpg (28KB, 382x333px) Image search: [Google]
1467864918709.jpg
28KB, 382x333px
>>474284
Maybe another original anime quest like HGQ? I got some ideas floating about in the back of my head.

Despite my reservations towards fan fiction quests, I'd also like to run a Star Wars quest some day since I'm still an avid fan of it. Who knows, if Observer doesn't come back, GermanSchteel might humor me with his Imperial Inquisitor Quest that he ran for a short time with the aforementioned some day. It'd be interesting to write a quest that shares the universe, some characters (Not MC of course), and maybe some plot points with another.
>>474346
>>
Rance Quest Quest when?
>>
Won't be able to run today, i'm helping my sister move.
>>
FUCK
>>
>>474651
Yes please?
>>
File: sad Valkyria Chronicles.jpg (165KB, 1024x1115px) Image search: [Google]
sad Valkyria Chronicles.jpg
165KB, 1024x1115px
>>474346
>Valkyria Chronicles - Imperial Penal Battalion Quest
And the world misses out on more Valkyria
>>
>>474651
WHAT
>>
>>473128
I'm partial to 3d10, best of 3 for dice.
>>
>>474284
One of those "magical girls in WW2" quests, except the MC's more like a Golden Age superhero than a magical girl, and the tone is either the pulpy-yet-serious kind from Hellboy, or something closer to Uber
>>
>>474728
>Magical Girl in WW2

How did that become a thing anyway?
>>
>>474805
I know only of that Dieselpunk Magical Girl quest, and another called Magical Girl Liberty.

I imagine the concept was more inspired by Strike Witches, which revitalized interest in the idea of "WW2 with anime girls"
>>
>>474805
some people must have watched or read 'Hellsing' and incorrectly thought Sera's needed to be throwing around more magic and be sparkling.

my response, FUCK YOU! this is world war II, if there's going to be sparkling stuff it better be bleeding at some point. bleeding and crying over what could have been, before being killed by something non-magical and completely normal, for world war II will always be a focal point in HFY.
>>
File: 1468237200062s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1468237200062s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>474805
Cute girls doing combat things has always been sort of a trope. And WWII is the largest conflict in recorded history, so it only makes sense that the two would be combined at some point.

As for the MAGICAL girl part... Well, we just don't know.
>>
>>474805
I guess that people just wanted to defile the usually happy magical girl trope by mixing it with WW2. Pretty hard to be all happy and smiles when the holocaust is happening along with all the other atricities of WW2.

And also because strike witches kinda did it first, witches are magical so they are "magical girls" in a sense. And the whole strike witches setting is modelled slightly on WW2. So there is that link.
>>
File: I'd read it.jpg (148KB, 564x787px) Image search: [Google]
I'd read it.jpg
148KB, 564x787px
>>474850
>As for the MAGICAL girl part... Well, we just don't know.
Superpowered people fighting in WW2 is nothing new.
>>
>>474867
personally, I find a disconnect in superheros and magical girls. one of these things is just too idealistic in the wrong way. (its magical girls) not to say that superheros are completely not guilty of idealism, but they at least played up a bit of "if we don't who will" mentality.

history bit. superhero comics were also used as small propaganda piece's to varying effect based on who you ask.
>>
File: 1457551961820.jpg (151KB, 1024x701px) Image search: [Google]
1457551961820.jpg
151KB, 1024x701px
>>474867
Very true. I guess I had a brain fart there. So yeah, WWII Magical Girls are basically just old-school comic book superheroes. With magic and (white phosphorous)sparkles.
>>
>>474663
Some day.

>>474826
Hey, I did Magical Girl Liberty.

Was planning on turning it into a book but I keep running into snags.
>>
>>474826
>>474832
>>474850

I'm surprised no one has done the obvious and make the magical girl an Imperial Japanese super.

Maybe it can be apart of the background of the MAGICAL WOMAN quest I got brewing in the back of my head?

Speaking of which I was thinking its plot could be about a New Magical girl fighting the same breed of nightmare monsters the MC did when she was a kid. Complicating matters is the fact that the territory is usually protected by a Shisa-girl who sees the new magical girl as moving in on her territory.

The MC has to help the two get along while instructing the new magical girl in the ways of magic.

Would one new magical girl be best or should there be two like in Precure?
>>
>>474932
hmmn, gritty teeth clenched magical girls. where getting killed is every bit a possibility as getting out alive and body counts in the hundreds are an absolute certainty. that skirt shall not be left unbloodied and friendship will NOT be enough.

do it Gene, give the genre some respectability.
>>
>>474867
>>474893
>>474906
Well the thing is WW2 Golden Age supers brutally killed enemy soldiers. Even Bucky mowed down Nazis with a tommy gun.

Magical Girls don't really go that far in terms of darkness. They fight monsters or evil shadow demon people. They don't kill "real" people.

There's also tonal friction in how magical girls are girls in frilly outfits that shoot rainbows and hearts while WW2 supers are soldiers draped in flags and muscle men suplexing tanks. One group inspires awe on the battlefield the other "wha?".

Even in the silver age and beyond supers always had to confront the idea of killing people. Think all those Daredevil vs Punisher stories. Think Gwen Stacy. Think Supreme Intelligence.

Magical girls to the best of my knowledge have never gone there.
>>
>>474981
Madoka is basically the number one thing that does have people die though, as well as Yuki Yuuna has that concept as well
>>
>>474981
I go by the fact that it was very easy back in the 30s-40s to "other" people, i.e. dehumanize them. Americans back then absolutely despised the Japanese, Nazis, Blacks, and anybody who they thought weren't American. And of course it's the same with the Germans and their holocaust thing.

With Magical Girls who are young and impressionable, it'd make sense for them to not really realize the implications of actually killing someone if they understand that:

A. The person was trying to kill them.
B. They were just a Jap or a Kraut or a Mook.
C. It's for the country.
>>
File: Questing in a nutshell.png (287KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Questing in a nutshell.png
287KB, 400x480px
>>474284
Based on the Man O War Comic - You are a warrior, born of the (TBD) people. The Romans seek to enslave and destroy your people. While you fight to protect your homes and families something even worse lurks... (Sci-fi, Medieval, Ayys, Barbarians, adventure, Ultimate Armors)

Burning Skies - You are a simple miner. Day in and day out you spend time on a mining colony located on an asteroid/planet in the XYZ whatever the fuck sector planet. It's a simple life. Wake up mine, go on break, mine, break again, mine, sleep. Rinse and repeat. The money is good although the life is tedious. But you soon find out that not everything lasts when the sky breaks in half... (Sci-Fi, War, Soldier)

Warden - Monster attacks plague your village/town/city. Yet no one seems to care. The victims are treated as if their wounds and ailments are natural. The destroyed buildings and ransacked farms are the results of natural disasters. But you know the truth. You've seen the monsters lurking and skulking around... You've had enough. (Fantasy, Medieval, Magic, Monsters, Shitty version of totemist)

Usurped - You are warrior, scholar, outlaw, bandit, fugitive, hero, liberator, pretender. There are many titles people would give you, but there is only one who has any meaning to you... Prince. (Mercenary, High?Low? Fantasy, Medieval, management?)

Subject 456 - Based on a shitty writeup I did in a random test thread on Qst. Don't have a synopsis beyond it's sci-fi and vampires

Dragonborn - Your homeland burns. Brother against brother, sister against sister, father against child. War has come to Skyrim and with it something much much worse. (Oh shit nigga yous the Dova)

Spartan II - Six-year-old son, child, loved one. Sixteen-year-old Corpse, Weapon, Tool, Machine, Human, Something else, Something More, One of the remaining Thirty-three. What you were is irrelevant. What you are is moving at near sub-sonic speeds into an "uninhabited" canyon. The insurrectionist have planted their roots in Loman's Canyon. Tear them out. (Oh shit nigga yous a Spartan.)

Knowing my dumb masochistic ass I'll probably do them all
>>
>>474981
Ooh. I just had an idea. What about Cold War era Magical Girls? They would act as black-ops and spies for both sides, where they would really only encounter each other in direct combat. Then there could be a plot line of a group of Magical Girls from both sides who were abandoned by their superiors in the name of deniability, so they formed their own thing sort of like the bad guy in Skyfall. There's 50 years worth of cool stuff that could be covered in a quest set in the Cold War.
>>
>>474971
Well the MAGICAL WOMAN story was supposed to be a heartwarming tale about the old imparting wisdom on the young and how mutual respect can overcome jealousy and insecurity...

Now Magical Woman's grandmother fighting in WW2 would be a different story...and it would provide a back door into introducing a lot of Cape World ideas. We sure had a lot of good ones about WW2. Pele fighting Amaterasu over Pearl Harbor, Mussolini making deals with Moloch incarnated as a god of Futurism, aquatic spies based on a 1920's cape called the Fisherman infiltrating an enormous German sub designed to reach the lost world of Thule...

I got a few questions.

Would you guys rather I run MAGICAL WOMAN quest about a grown up magical girl helping the new breed or TAIYO SHOJO quest about her grandmother that fought for Japan during WW2 as the "first" magical girl?

Also, what would her name be? "Sun Girl" is tentative because I'm thinking of making her a shrine maiden for Amatersu. Any good ideas?
>>
>>474932
>I'm surprised no one has done the obvious and make the magical girl an Imperial Japanese super.
There was one in Magical Girl Liberty, but she was a mercenary/defector.

And the Army-Navy rivalry means you'd have them killing each other in superpowered fistfights tearing up downtown Tokyo. If Japanese TACTICAR BRIRRIANCE doesn't get them killed first.

>>474971
Have you ever watched Madoka Magica?

>>474981
>how magical girls are girls in frilly outfits that shoot rainbows and hearts
Well you got Madoka Magica for all the grit and guns, and Nanoha is basically a mecha anime in magical girl form. Starlight Breaker's sure to inspire some awe.
>>
File: Lightning.png (180KB, 540x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning.png
180KB, 540x1080px
>>475063
Yes there was, Magical Girl Lightning, the Japanese Magical Girl with a greedy streak.

I'm here all night, I'm loving this discussion of WWII-era Magical girls.
>>
>>475005
Don't know about Yuki Yuuna. Madoka had that witch thing but its not the same as "Do you shoot Baron Zemo in the face for being a prick? How far do you go in stopping bad guys?" It was more a mercy killing in Madoka.

>>475007
The potential TAIYO SHOJO quest is going to have that. Starting out she doesn't really "get" that she's roasting people alive. Her powers make it easy to be detached from combat. She sits back and makes things catch fire from far away.

When American super human soldiers start bringing the fight to her however...

>>475036
I dunno. I don't think we should get too carried away with this. What's next, Congo Wars Magical Girls? Pirate Magical Girls? Old West Magical Girls?

>>475063
Tell me more about the Army Navy rivalry. I could do something with that in TAIYO SHOJO quest.

>>475063
Madoka was a psuedo-dark soap opera. As for Nanoha yeah you got me there.

>>475073
Besides enemy supers what else could I throw at TAIYO SHOJO? "Exile form a magical world" was a common theme in really old magical girl stuff like Magical Meg-chan and Sally the Witch. Maybe I could do something with that and have her find out she's the designated rival of a kami princess who hates the world and the war its having and wants to get her trails over as soon as possible so she can get home. The military wants you to capture and recruit her though.
>>
>>475116
>I don't think we should get too carried away with this.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Besides, you could put magical girls in any setting if you really wanted to.
>>
File: Lady Liberty1.jpg (361KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Liberty1.jpg
361KB, 1100x1600px
>>475116
Depends on what you feel to be honest. In Magical Girl Liberty I threw a variety of enemies at her in pulp fashion. It was usually Nazis, but it was either Nazis with anti-magical guns, Nazis with regular guns, Ghost Nazis in Dreadnaught suits, Superpowered Nazis, Nazi Magical Girls, Nazi Magical Girl hunters, Nazi werewolves, Nazi baronesses, and Nazi dogs. Then there were Japanese soldiers riding T-Rexes fighting Nazi war mechs.

The feeling I went for was a pulp action 30s feel with no real regard or attempt for realism. I just went with what was fun at the time.

Though, I do actually like the idea of someone who has to learn to appreciate the world around her and the implications of why we fight the war. I don't see WWII as HFY as someone earlier pointed out, there's nothing really HFY about humanity beating the shit out of each other, even if it was a relatively black-and-white cause.
>>
>>475153
Well it's not really HFY. I mean we're working for Imperial Japan and they want us to get the kami princess by hook or by crook to join up and help us kill Joes.

I do not have a light hearted quest in mind. The epilogue is you as an old woman declaring your daughter to be the first Magical girl because you don't want your legacy to taint her own.
>>
>>475116
>Tell me more about the Army Navy rivalry. I could do something with that in TAIYO SHOJO quest.

You got the 2-26 Incident. Army tries to launch a coup against the government, Navy stops them, but most of the guys behind the coup get shielded by powerful people and a fuckton of power is put behind the military, subsuming the civilian government.

Then there was the time of "government by assassination" where secret societies and conspiracies like the Dark Ocean and the League of Blood assassinated key political figures that got in the way of the military.

>Besides enemy supers what else could I throw at TAIYO SHOJO?
Mythological creatures if you want them, maybe some of the shadowy vigilantes that were famous at the time, like imagine the Shadow, the Spider or Operator No.5 taking on the magical girl with nothing but wits and skill.
>>
>>475209
Ah I see.

Frankly speaking, I do think the concept of downtrodden and darker Magical Girls is kind of overplayed, at least in Quests for now. The reason I ran Magical Girl Liberty was because I wanted to subvert that a bit with high flying action and derring-do over noir-ish existentialism or whatever.

>>475276
> The Shadow, the Spider, Operator #5 being villains in a Magical Girl Quest, using nothing except wits, skill, and zany gadgets.

But I really want to see this. You should even throw in Doc Savage too if you REALLY want to go full pulps.
>>
>>475292
Oh they're definitely going to show up. The odds of us getting our ass kicked and captured are pretty good.
>>
>>475309
Oh Cosmic, since you partially reviewed Joker Quest would you care to try partially reviewing Banished Quest?
>>
>>475355
What is Banished Quest?

Is it good?

Is it "good"?

Will it hurt me?
>>
>>475373
You don't actually check out quests outside your own bubble huh?

Banished is pretty popular famalam.
>>
>>475373
I'm told the mechanics are really nice.
>>
>>475373
It's a small quest run by Soma. About some bumblefuck that got branded and kicked out of his city for saying the crown prince made love to goats, along other colorful phrases.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=banished%20quest
Now it's really small and niche, so go easy on it.
>>
File: gotta be shitting me.gif (6KB, 381x178px) Image search: [Google]
gotta be shitting me.gif
6KB, 381x178px
>>475394
>204 threads
>a small quest
>>
>>475396
It's a joke baka.
>>
>>475396
Yeah, I know. It's not even in the 300+ as is common for genuinely popular content. Shame about the suptg votes too, it's really underappreciated for its time.
>>
>>475384
Is it that shaman kid quest thing? For some reason I thought it was called Totemist or something.

>quests outside your own bubble
I'm not involved in many quests outside my own.

>>475396
>>475384
I can already tell people are going to be very interested in this review. I can't wait to make more friends.

By the way, does anyone know how Digimang quest went? Is it still going?
>>
>>475415
Chuckles moved to Akun. It's still going I think.
>>
>>475420
Did we ever stop being a slut and pick a girl?
>>
>>475415
Totemist is another you could review, if you want.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=totemist
It started not too long ago in '11. Last thread was May and the QM is just a tad notorious for long breaks. It's standard run of the mill fantasy, nothing special about it. If you do review it please go easy on it, it's not especially popular.
>>
>>475430
I dunno I don't read that.
>>
First post of the game:

>Slanderer

Because you don't often play as people whose mouth gets them into trouble.

I don't participate in a lot of quests but...doesn't this happen in a lot of quests?
>>
>>475462
2014 /tg/ was a different era, désu. More players means more likely to have player not familiar with too many quests.
>>
I've decided I'm going to run Bioweapon Quest Redux in the near future! This is the setting info I've got so far: http://pastebin.com/2jdETfGL
Any comments? Obviously it's mostly background stuff that won't be relelvant, but given the nature of the kill-eat-getstronger cycle of the quest, I think that having a strong basis in reality (Re: things to eat) that things should flow a lot smoother this time around. I can just describe someone as a 'parrot-splice' and people would get what it is and what sort of biomorphs it might offer when eaten.

>QM question
That's this evening's work! I'm fairly sure I'll do it as a d12+modifier system, with biomorphs granting +1 or so to relevant actions. Having springy legs would be +1 to jump, for instance.
>>
>>475727
>Bioweapon Quest Redux
Oh shit YES

FUCK YESSS

I AM CUMMING HANDS-FREE

When might ya run it?
>>
File: imagesU62BOEPL.jpg (7KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
imagesU62BOEPL.jpg
7KB, 253x199px
{Coming next weekend}

Life has been wonderful. we have just about turned this small village into a thriving city, food is almost never a problem, and seems like the most interesting thing going on is gossip about this and that, life is good. and I bet my tail(s) and ears nothing bad will ever happen.

{Beware the hairless apes}
{an Anti one-shot}
>>
>>475930
but before it starts I need some votes on one thing. what race do you want to see suffer the most?

>furries(specify by breed or state in general.)

>kitsune(the multi tailed or single tailed)

>lizard people(not the cool kind, they would be like furries.)

>something else? (specify.)

>all of the above.
>>
>>475954
>Lizard people
>>
>>475954
Will we be playing as the humans? I need to know this before I vote
>>
>>467294

Cute girls! Cute things! Also horns. Nigga, srsly.
>>
>>475954
Armadillos. Maybe Weasels.
>>
>>475954
Kitsune and catgirls
>>
>>475970
From the point of view of the non-humams. Run for your life. Voting can continue until 12pm on Monday.
>>
>>476033
For when you start the thread or in this general for what kind of nonhuman we are?
>>
>>475415

>QM Question
I use various d20's depending on how difficult the action might be with a best of 3 and criticals. As for why, I like to keep things fairly simple.

>Player Question
I used to be pretty crunchy with my votes, but now I generally just hang back and add in extra dialogue only if the mood feels right, or if there's something witty to say that keeps the MC "In-Character".
>>
>>476039
The whole quest will be from the eyes of a non-human. But dont expect a happy ending for the MC. There's a reason this will be a one-shot.
>>
>>476073
Why would we play if we already know the damn ending?
>>
>>475727
When?
>>
>>476075
People want to play an even more bleak HGQ I guess?
>>
>>476075
It's about the journey my good sir, it's about the journey.
>>
File: 1461201069752.jpg (83KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1461201069752.jpg
83KB, 384x313px
Yo. I gotta problem.
I'm pretty interested in running a Quest in a pretty gun-heavy setting. The problem is that I am a gun-moron.

I know next to nothing. I picked up very little from vidya and I'm concerned some anon will jump down my throat for getting my facts and or terminology wrong. I don't know the difference between a magazine and a clip. I don't really know how gun fights actually work. If someone could give me the basics, just enough to not make a fool of myself I'd appreciate it.

If it would take more than several bullet points and a paragraph could someone point me to where I should ask?
>>
>>476082
>it's about the pointlessly brief journey to your bad end
Sounds like a blast!
>>
File: you should be crying.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
you should be crying.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>>475036
>Cold War era Magical Girls
I'm reminded of MGS3 for some reason

>both sides who were abandoned by their superiors in the name of deniability
And form Meguca Sans Frontier?
>>
>>476085
Ask /k/ and ask as a writer, not someone from /qst/ I'm pretty sure they would be willing to help but for some reason qst seems to get a lot of shit.
>>
>>476085
What specifics do you need to know? I personally wouldn't ask /k/ since they can be a bit elitist toward nogunz.

Mind you, you don't NEED to know a whole lot, since most people aren't super bothered when a few small things aren't correct.
>>
File: 1469600957772.jpg (37KB, 259x440px) Image search: [Google]
1469600957772.jpg
37KB, 259x440px
>>476081
People with great taste are like birds and birds of a feather flock together.
>>
>>476091

>for some reason qst seems to get a lot of shit.

I'm liable to think /trash/ gets more respect than this board does.
>>
>>476089
Now that's a very harsh assumption. I said shouldn't expect, not your definitely going to die horribly. ;) I believe in determinism, but the odds will be very heavy.
>>
>>476085
If you want realistic warfare that can pass on a quest, just watch ARMA gameplay.

If you want to do tacticool shit, read stuff like Deniable Assets Quest
>>
>>476085
>If someone could give me the basics
> how gun fights actually work

That's like asking how war is waged. It depends heavily on the time period and setting. Because firearms have changed drastically in their life span and will continue to change.

First question. What is the setting of the quest?
>>
>>476099
/trash/ has a good reason for existing and was implemented well and with very clear intentions.
>>
>>476110
Setting is Fallout.
>>
>>476122
If it's fallout then you can get a pretty good idea of how gunfights work just from playing the game, with the role of guns determined by their quality.

Crappy guns are more of an opener before hand to hand combat

Higher quality guns are a primary weapon

and almost everyone is packing something.
>>
Passing out for the night. Votes will be tallied around (Mon)12:00:00
>>
>>475954
>>kitsune(the multi tailed or single tailed)
>>
>>475954
Changing my vote to Lizard people.
>>
>>475954
Also changing my vote to Lizard people.
>>
File: 7753539.jpg (311KB, 950x673px) Image search: [Google]
7753539.jpg
311KB, 950x673px
>>476122
If it's Fallout, you don't really need to worry about the realism of the weapons, since the setting is inherently silly and over the top. Just base performance off of what you see in the game and nobody should complain.
>>
>>476180
Merc, how many plans for Infinite Stars did we mess up with our shenanigans?
>>
>>476085
>>476122
when you make it could you link the thread?
>>
File: Spacesuit.jpg (753KB, 1221x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Spacesuit.jpg
753KB, 1221x1000px
>>476191
Not that many actually. Then again I always have leeway for shenanigans so it all works out!
>>
>>476122

If you really want to learn about guns and some history, try looking on Youtube for Tales of the Gun. It's old sure but it does have a lot of good stuff, history, some physics and guns.
>>
Whoops, forgot to notice that there's already a new thread.

>>475556
>>475556

New WQ thread by the way.
>>
>>476198
Can you recommend me one of your quest? Which are you most proud of?
>>
>>475757
>>476076
Tomorrow, after exaquest, if all goes according to plan.

I've never been the most reliable QM, so I wouldn't bet your life savings on it, but I'll Try!
>>
>>473128
>QM Question
1d6, following Roll to Dodge. It's simple and gets me the right choices I might gauge. Everything else will be influenced by the roll's circumstances.

>>Bonus Question
Peter Titmouse, that guy has everything.

>>474284
Rock Hard Gladiators quest, there's a lot of quest fuel you can derive even from what is essentially an animator's donut steel fighting pit.

Dark Souls Empire Quest, much like Vendrick you're a fledgling ruler who has to claw his way from being almost massacred to owning his own kingdom. Of course, by beating four important bosses and a handful of miscellaneous ones. And there will be a sequel where the MC will traverse its decrepit ruins.

There's also an Adventure Time fanfic quest (using an original cast) to recycle the neglected notes I have. In fact, just about any series that is "OC-friendly" (leaves enough room in the background for heroes of other stories to come up)
>>
File: 1416521197676.jpg (342KB, 787x909px) Image search: [Google]
1416521197676.jpg
342KB, 787x909px
>>476219
Hm, well, if you want to go by the most popular ones, Valkyrian Mercs Quest and Cyberpunk Idol Management Quest are the obvious picks.
>>
>>476244
>Adventure Time fanfic quest
I would honestly like to see this. They made a really interesting setting with a cool backstory, then wasted it on their main cast.
>>
>>473128
>QM Question:
Normally I don't use dice, and go with the most popular choice or most entertaining. Though when i do use dice its the classic /Qst/ 1d100 standard.

>Player Question
I do almost exclusively write ins unless the action I was going to take is already listed. It makes the quest less scripted so the QM doesn't end up being the one playing while everyone else sits back and watches
>>
File: tegaki.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5KB, 400x400px
>>476253
Here's a pic of a terrydaktal I drew
>>
File: 1471159875670.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471159875670.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
How would you like to play an MC who uses the laws of causality as their weapon?
>>
>>476296
I have a gut feeling that eventually we'd all get confused as to what the hell is even happening and what happened before and after
>>
>>476296
I'd rather kill an mc like that than play as them. As long as they get to die by the dragonslayer in the end with no chances of survival then I'm fine with it.
>>
>>474461
>3- Metal Gear: Lost Children Quest
Pew pew! Blam blam! A bit of Full Metal Panic?
>2- Gundam Reclamation Quest
And we're on the side of the Hegemony to fight the traitors and regain our rightful place in the galaxy?
>>
>>476241
Exaquest?
>>
>>476400
Exabyte's quest. I want to play in that one, and splitting my attention would be terrible!

Also he usually ends around about my mid-morning, which is perfect time to start questing for me.
>>
Can anyone give me a run down on the best of the best smut quests, old and new? They don't have to be hosted on 4chan either.
>>
>>476443
>best smut quests
all of them depending on taste? http://anonkun.com/smut
>best
most smut? Or plot in between smut? Seems to me that stories with one or two lewd scenes are still best!
>>
>>476487
>all of them depending on taste?
Don't be lazy and just say 'everything' because I've tried looking around and most of what I've found isn't very good.

I want hot fucking with sexy characters, plot heavy or plot lite doesn't matter so long as the action is boner popping. I want the best of the best in lewd questing.
>>
My personal favourites are:
Filthy Smut Adventure – Best smut scenes and smut writing. Rape. http://anonkun.com/live/Filthy-Smut-"Adventure"/-JUVN8H2uGlPs3BwbDbA/home
Depravity – not so good in terms of smut, but it's a story of an eldritch rape tentacle loli taking over the SPAAAAAACE with the power of lewds, body modifications, and being absolutely fucking overpowered in-setting. And being probably the most OP quest MC period. Come on. http://anonkun.com/stories/depravity/ya9v6ZAGRYNnoT9ay/home
Evolving – the tale of Blorp son of Blorp, the greatest slime of all time. Probably the comfiest and most pleasant smut quest on Akun. It is great. http://anonkun.com/stories/evolving-quest/ZYsrjWTYnJgZ8s42B/home
Blank Slate – very good writing, interesting plot, cute main girl, reading this poses a danger of a heart attack. Literally make yourself a waifu with the power of magic and raise her. http://anonkun.com/stories/blank-slate/home

Except Depravity, all of them are dead. ;___;

Also, you might want to check out World of Lewdness, the latest incarnation of The Duck. The writing is decent, the smut is good, but the playerbase if ducking unbearable and it's stuck in the cancerous "lose for smut" hole. Unless you donn't know, it's a "boy turned into a magical girl" story. http://anonkun.com/stories/world-of-lewdnessbr/7vXhBwKTNz6JPcB8N/home
>>
>>476505
>http://anonkun.com/stories/blank-slate/home
Fuck me. Should be http://anonkun.com/stories/blank-slate/p4j6nQhYEWchtvifC/home
>>
>>476505
Man, what's with smut quests being overpopulated with female mcs? I want to fuck the girls, not be the girl.
>>
>>476513
FSA and Blank Slate have male MCs. Evolving has a male(?) slime MC. And Lilith does plenty of fucking herself.
So I don't really see why you are complaining.
>>
>>473128
Man, you should have added the review archive to the post.
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive
>>
>>475415
>Actually reviewing Banished
Jesus fuck man I hope you don't read the whole thing. I do think want to be that QM who kills another reviewer.

Just know the first thread is unreadable tripe but it gets better pretty quickly.
>>
>>476603
"The first ten threads are horrible and I can't stress enough how terrible this overhyped garbage is. a very hard NO RECOMMENDATION of this 200+ thread quest after reading the first ten threads." - Another quality review from Cosmic.

What did we do to deserve people like him stepping up to fill ReviewAnon's place?
>>
>>476606
>What did we do
Not reviewing quests yourself better than him is one thing.
>>
If your going to bitch about not reviewing the entire 50+ thread quest, than you should have to review someone else's entire 50+ thread quest. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. I'm tired of this poorly constructed complaint here.
>>
I'm curious about how authors prepare for a session and keep the updates going at a good pace. I've been considering trying a quest here but I'm absolutely terrible at having a consistent update schedule.
>>
>>476668
Make a twitter and/or just run on Akun.
>>
File: 1469764041757.gif (259KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1469764041757.gif
259KB, 500x354px
>>476656
>You're not allowed to complain about something done poorly unless you intend to do it yourself.
If that was true, Spooky wouldn't be a thing. :^)
>>
File: 1456335100591.gif (2MB, 658x446px) Image search: [Google]
1456335100591.gif
2MB, 658x446px
>>476244
>>
>>476606
This is unfair, though. That was a review of the first ten threads, he never said that the rest was garbage too.
>>
So few magicfree quests: Is it easier to make stories more entertaining with magic?

How do you make non-magic stories interesting?
>>
>>473128
>dice system
I want to use GURPS 3d6 with modifiers and stuff - then after a second of thinking: Why bother, using 1d100 bo3 works too.
>>
Diminutive Dungeon Delvers is updating again.

On anoher note, i'm just going to confirm that i should be able to always update at this hour of the day whenever possible.

>>469289

>What dice system (if you have one) do you use for your quest and why? If you don't use dice, why not?

I use an extremely semplified version taken from a tabletop game that uses mostly d6. to reduce extremes to minimum i switched between adding more dice to the rolls to simple fixed bonuses.
>>
>Beacon Hunter is Kill
Add another to the list of /qst/'s dead original quests.
>>
>>476844
fantastical things are easier to write. have you seen all the people in here asking for details on different universes / asking for information about weapons/industry/time periods? it's just not as much effort to do magic because you can explain literally any illogical thing away as "oh that's just magic"
>>
>>476975
Or, you know, the QM has a life and things are getting in the way
>>
>>477012
That's always what they say first.

Then BLAM!

Gone forever.
Just like my smile.
>>
Alright, votes are in. Scalies it is! (Note: all selectable races were going to be the varriant we are sick of or hate. This is no exception. If all goes well, we might even see this become a regular series from either point of view. See ya all on Saturday.)
>>
>>476989
It's also easier to resolve plot tangles with magic.

Gangster stories or political intrigues are fiendishly complex. Beating things with magic is simple.

And fight scenes are much easier to keep exciting with magic, because otherwise you have to keep finding fresh ways to swing a sword. You can't choreograph like a movie.
>>
>>476844
>How do you make non-magic stories interesting?
Lots of character development.

Oh, and fighter jets.
>>
File: 39358_1343479985.jpg (1MB, 1600x1086px) Image search: [Google]
39358_1343479985.jpg
1MB, 1600x1086px
>>477147
I dunno, prop planes always give me the vapors.

>tfw I also wanted to run a Crimson Skies Quest.
>>
>>477226
Lmao just run a airplane civ
>>
File: 1382315695175.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
1382315695175.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>477390
> just run a airplane civ
>>
>>474389
Think of a DnD Campaign you've run before. The timeline should be, at most, that long.

A year and a half max, a few months minimum.
>>
>>471693
Ay yo my fellow questers, I'm a player of this quest and I'm having some nice casual fun with it but I gotta say that I don't think it has good archive reading potential to catch up on the success and world impact of other players. Right now it's still very noob freindly so literally anyone can join at any time, but I was just wondering this for the sake of this new quest I love:

How possible is it for this quest and quest type to be successful overall? What formats can be used to increase enjoyment?

At the end of the day this is an experimental quest with a lot of potential, at least I think, especially for creative and dedicated players. But its a shame that archive reading might be discouraged due to the nature of the quest.
>>
I'm starting to get really worried how defensive people have been getting over their Quest Campaigns.

You're grown men. You can take it on the chin and not slobber, come on. Whether the reviewer likes it or not, it's their opinion and their opinion alone.

What's up with everyone suddenly turning into tumblrinas?
>>
>>477419
literally garbage

>>477422
Who are you even talking to?
>>
>>477409
Its like you don't like the superior form of quests,
>>
>>477425
Reference to the last thread and half a post on top. It's mostly to no one, but rather my concerns with the attitude the general seems to be shaping into for the last week and change.

It's, though, mostly just me mentioning a concern of mine in regards to the probable shape of things to come.
>>
>>477425
Nice.

Well then guess that answers that.

I still think it's fun as fuck tho. Passes the time effortlessly when your working on other stuff.
>>
File: 1405813676822.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1405813676822.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>477436
Personally, you really shouldn't give two shits about what other people do with their Quests. There's no right way to run a Quest, only a lot of wrong ways and they all revolve around the QM fucking things up.

Personally, criticism is fine, it's a second perspective. But blindly following what everyone thinks is wrong with your stuff is going to drive you mad, I tried to do that in the past and it almost killed my drive to Quest. I do it for fun, if someone has a suggestion, sure I might throw it in if it makes sense. But overall, we're here to have fun.

What I'm saying is that it's completely natural to be defensive of criticism. It's healthier than just opening yourself up to it and allowing every nobody and their mother to give their two cents.
>>
Just curious, but what quests are you guys watching or getting involved with?

and What do you look for in a newly made quest?
>>
>>473128
Discord link isn't working for me - would someone mind posting a new invite?
>>
>>477462
But if you respond to criticism in a way they don't like, it'll be "lmao get mad cuck"! Its no way to win, desu
>>
File: 135561444499.gif (493KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
135561444499.gif
493KB, 448x252px
>>477473
Like I said, you really shouldn't give two shits about what other people think. Questing is supposed to be about having fun, not about writing literary masterpieces. If you want to take the criticism, do it in small doses.
>>
>>477468
Modern Inquisitor just started. Checking that out. Looks good so far.

>>477472
https://discord.gg/HKgJs
>>
Should I shill my ugly ass quest like a shameless whore?
Eh, I will anyway.
>>477382
>>
File: 1470476506898.png (198KB, 447x483px) Image search: [Google]
1470476506898.png
198KB, 447x483px
>>477462
>>477480
I agree. Haters gonna hate.
>>
>>477480
I say take it as what it is, a second opinion that reveals your faults as much as it does your strengths. Incorporate it if you want. Don't bend over backwards to change every little thing but also don't ignore them completely.
>>
>>477480
Its sorta hard to do since people can meme your quest to death (see; Velo) if they so much as don't like it
>>
>>477492
This guy has the right of it.
>>
File: UqVNdaH.jpg (358KB, 1035x1500px) Image search: [Google]
UqVNdaH.jpg
358KB, 1035x1500px
>>477498
Well like I said, there are only lots of wrong ways to run a Quest and they all revolve around the QM. In Velo's case, that was perfectly his fault.
>>
File: 1468697206438.png (20KB, 510x556px) Image search: [Google]
1468697206438.png
20KB, 510x556px
>>477498
>meme your quest to death
Velo shot himself in the face by getting caught playing his own quest. He breached the trust between QM and Player. It's extremely hard to come back from that.

You shouldn't use him as an example, he's an extreme case.
>>
>>477498
Velo wasn't the victim of criticism. you were the victim of trying to railroad the quest and getting caught, there's a very large difference.

and yes, this is a Velo accusation, with very little evidence but I'm still making it.
>>
>>477506
>>477507
>>477510
Whilst velo did do a bad thing, he tried to make up for it, but the memes never stopped. Everyone deserves a second Chance
>>
>>477436
The true way to respond to criticism is to shitpost incessantly and deny any pretensions of quality. It is the preeminent tried and true method for more than half a decade, and applies to all internet based author/artist content. People being defensive are just showing how much they care.

>>477468
>What do you look for in a newly made quest?

0. Is run on /tg/ or by a QM I know.
1. Promising mechanics and identity.
2. QM has twitter.
3. Engaging characters.
4. Original or at least cleverly stolen work incorporated into an interesting world.
5. Update pace of at least once an hour.
6. Player activity that shows other people care enough about the quest for me to know it won't be dead in three days.
7. QM doesn't pull punches and abuses player logic.
8. The QM does not reveal half the potential twists in a prep session/conversation. You know who you are.
9. It's fun. I rank this low because quests don't have to be fun, a lot of good quests are actually just miserable experiences pretending to be fun, and sometimes that's better than having fun.
>>
>>477522
you don't deserve a second chance if you try white knighting yourself in /qtg/ and getting caught in the exact same manner.
>>
>>477522
>he tried to make up for it
Did the though? He said sorry then promptly gave up. Then he willingly gave the quest up to Trick and got salty when Trick actually did it and pulled it off well.
>>
>>477529
So because he tried to defend himself on this general pretty Mich threw his chances of a second chance out the window? Jesus its like a circle jerk
>>
File: Velo caught QTG.jpg (296KB, 1188x700px) Image search: [Google]
Velo caught QTG.jpg
296KB, 1188x700px
>>477529
>>477522
>>477539
>>
File: 1468790899405.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1468790899405.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>477529
>>477533
The more I read about Velo, the more hilarious it gets. Not knocking the guy, I've seen much worse, but wow.

>>477539
You don't exactly defend yourself from attempting to railroad players. If you're going to railroad, do it subtly, don't force it by actively voting in as an anonymous player.
>>
>>477533
He gave up because his playerbase left to trick, and those who didn't were basically cool meme kids and shitposters. I'd be mad too if someone took my quest and players when I tried to redeem myself
>>
Look at all these bad QMs

Velo was the best and had the largest following

Mad C U C K S?
>>
>>477547
>He gave up because his playerbase left to trick
That's actually a lie. Trick asked in the GoT discord before announcing to the thread. Velo said yes willingly. He has no one to blame but himself in all of this.
>>
>>477547
>>477550
. . . . . which one of these is the real Velo?
>>
>>477558
Mad C U C K?

HAHAHAHAHA

You probably run a faggot quest dontcha faggot
>>
>>477552
He knew that the players would never stop their memeing, so he just gave up hope. While I know what he did was shifty, you didn't have to put the guy down constantly
>>477558
Velo left /QST/. I'm not velo senpai
And we all know mill is too dumb
>>
>>477564
>And we all know mill is too dumb
>Coming from the guy who said Civs are the superior form of quests
I'm not defending Millenniums stupidity, but you don't have much merit to call others stupid, familia.
>>
>>477552
That's not the problem now. trick and Velo sorted it out. Velo got a ton of shit from everyone and he deserved, but afterwards people just kept on shitposting and memeing. He tried his best and apologised multiple times, but shitposter and meme kids made him quit.
>>
File: 13743384f3234.jpg (98KB, 586x622px) Image search: [Google]
13743384f3234.jpg
98KB, 586x622px
>>477564
>I knew that the players would never stop their memeing, so I just gave up hope. While I know what I did was shifty, you didn't have to put me down constantly
>>
>>477572
What's with the civ hate on this board? Why are civs constantly shot down as "lol retard"?
>>
>>477573
>He tried his best and apologised multiple times
No he didn't.

He apologized once.

And then continued to do shit like >>477541 this multiple times and shitpost in Trick's thread with his trip on.

I have no idea why this dude is on a pedestal for you. He's kinda just a cunt.
>>
File: th4HEH1RA0.jpg (6KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
th4HEH1RA0.jpg
6KB, 198x198px
>>477562
>>477564
hmn, they both sound like em to me. although F3w seems to follow his style of writing in defense of himself, . . did Velo ever use 'cuck' excessively?
>>
>>477574
Typo there, I meant "him".
>>
>>477587
I'm just defending velo, the way he's treated on this board isn't right man
>>
>>477597
Yeah. You're just showing how much you care.

We understand.
>>
>>477585
He fucked up. He got shitposted into oblivion, then he tried to work something out only to be shitposted again. He saw that this will happen every single time and gave up. Now sometime latter you guys shit talking him behind his back like some pussies. Don't know what to expect next from this wonderful community.
>>
>>477590
Freudian slip.

ok man, just knock it off, we really would just like ya too stop and give up the dream. just run your own quest and try to respect the line between player and QM this time. do that and people will drop it.

>>477607
you cant talk behind someones back here. besides, he's standing right here.
>>
>>477607
>behind his back
But I am shittalking you to your face senpai.
>>
>>477612
M8, I know it's hard to have autism and special needs, but please stop splerging. You are making yourself look bad.
>>
>>477612
Sure man, whatever you say.
When you have something to contribute, let me know. Until then stop shitposting
>>
>>477620
but I already look bad the mirror confirms. T_T

oh well, just means no harm done :D
>>
>>477612
Literal autism

Holy fuck
>>
>>477607
See, here's the cool thing about 4chan. You don't actually have to fill up the 'name' field with the same thing. You can make a new name, and thus become a completely different person.

The ID system does mean that you need to refrain from posting in any threads you posted before and out yourself, but that just requires a bit of thought.

If Velo wants to run something again, he can do it without getting shitposted by changing his name. Become Olev or Oscar or whatever.

God, it's like another EGO.
>>
>>477615
>>477612
>the Velo is always here meme
Tbh right now i am believing that one of you guys is Velo with a new technique. Pretending to be a retard so that the people defending him sound even more reasonable.
>>
Alright, I feel like I should chime in because I'm an attention whore.

I actualy never asked Velo for permission. Mainly because I didn't know there was a discord to talk to him and the last post from him I saw was him saying "I'm giving up this quest permanently and will not run it again, don't even try to convince me to run it again after this, silly players~~"

And while apparently that was just a front and he was planning on some level to start it back up again I erroneously took that statement at face value and chimed in saying, hey, I want this quest to happen so I'll run it so it happens.
>>
>>477629
>T_T
What a faggot
Go kill yourself ugly robot
and stream it on reddit since you heading there with that emote
>>
>>477635
This guy is stupid, why would he do that
>>
Ceci n'est pas une Velo.
>>
>>477643
Fucking attention whore

Velos quest was 100% better
And your little autist friends can back you up but Velo was still the best
>>
>>477643
No one cares, you arn't fixing anything you attention whore
>>
the reason why he was really killed is because the drones of people worshipping qms are hideous here. Why do qms even still have their trips and shit on in /qtg/? It doesnt contribute to the conversation here once so ever
>>
hmn, I'm wondering if Godwins law applies to velo on /qtg/ now?
>>
>>477634
It would be a matter of time before someone found out again, and the cycle would begin once more and even harder this time
>>
>>477668
People only find out when the QM is an idiot and reveals it somehow.
>>
>>477668
>It would be a matter of time before someone found out again

How? It's anonymous, he'd have a changed name, a different ID and everything. The only way someone could find out he's Velo is if he just said so, or pulled a Velo and screwed over his players and got caught like he has before over and over again.
>>
Guys, my quest is better than all of yours meshed togueter. In fact, I'm a better person than any of you.
>>
File: 1468651555408.gif (309KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468651555408.gif
309KB, 400x300px
>>477683
>In fact, I'm a better person than any of you.
That, I can believe.
>>
>>477693
Look its the weeb fag
>>
wuz up
>>
File: 1391889611426.png (651KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1391889611426.png
651KB, 1000x1500px
>>477634
EGO actually ran some good quests until he killed so many by thoughtlessly revealing himself or by expecting some ridiculously high turnout for first threads for OC quests and then complaining about fanfiction popularity in the QTG.
Or just killing things by making them get progressively more excessive.
>>
>>477707
>On 4chan
>Makes fun of someone for being a weeb

I don't even have a reaction image condescending enough to use for this.
>>
>>477727
give me a minute
>>
>>477725
I remember that, that was a hell of a ride.

I also remember giving EGO the idea for Sea Monster Hunter Quest but he tried turning into an AoPH-clone, kind of disappointing. The concept of hunting Sea Monsters on the high seas was cool enough on its own.
>>
>>477737
>>477725
You know, honestly I think EGO was his own biggest enemy. Verbatim. I never held a grudge against the man, and I enjoyed a few of his quests...but he cultivated this cult of personality where he was the villain and he rode it.
>>
>>477761
My experiences with EGO tell of a guy who constantly digs himself into a hole and makes no attempt to stop then complains about being in a hole.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but holy shit, he'd have an easier time if he'd do things a bit differently.
>>
>>477767
Link for discord?
>>
>>477727
I dont into japanese cartoons and shit

I browse Pol not faggot boards

Kill yourself weeb
HAHAHAHHAHAH
>>
File: 1453679404614.jpg (133KB, 904x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453679404614.jpg
133KB, 904x640px
>>477782
I don't go into the Discord, sorry mate.
>>
File: images5XF1GE0N.jpg (16KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
images5XF1GE0N.jpg
16KB, 257x196px
>>477727
>>477732
here.
>>
>>477789
Discord link?
>>
>>477789
and of course it comes out small.
>>
>>477767

I got pretty upset when he made a big deal about planning a thread and telling everybody he'd be there, and then asked me to take care of the thread for him. I said I would, since I had a basic interest in the setting and we'd chatted a bunch about this specific quest.

I ended up studying his previous threads so that I got his writing style down, made sure to look back through the chat logs of our discussions over the past few weeks, look through all of the setting info we had, stressed about things, and then ran the thread.

He killed the quest within days after my thread.
>>
>>477789
yo dude this is a wholesome human board no ants allowed
>>
>>477796
Sucks mate.

I will say though, I'm glad I wasn't as popular as archelon's Princess Guard Stuff otherwise I'd have to deal with the EGO stuff. At least archelon finished PGQ.
>>
>>477786
>He thinks I'm a weeb

I browse /k/ and /o/. But at least I don't pretend I'm any better than the people who browse the anime-related boards.

Stay in your containment board, boy.
>>
>>473128
memes
>>
Oh hey, thread's sorta back.
>>
File: 1468351055204.png (21KB, 180x204px) Image search: [Google]
1468351055204.png
21KB, 180x204px
The fuck just happened?
>>
This thread is now haunted.
>>
File: 1463275938203.png (174KB, 279x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463275938203.png
174KB, 279x400px
>>
>>477862
The universe just shifted again.

Quick, does anyone here remember the assassination of Morgan Freeman?
>>
>>476081
what's the current status of the thread reviews senpai? what's on the menu?
>>
>>477871
no clue who that is last thing I remember was fighting beside my comrades in the Finno khanate armies against the Hwan hordes
>>
Did we shift dimensions for a second or something?
>>
File: Wat2.png (657KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wat2.png
657KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>477897
>>477888
>>477871
>>477867
>>477862
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>&&%
>>
>>477910
forgot your Gellar feild
>>
So we're up to how many Naruto quests on /tg/ now? There's the rich one, the lewd one, the Hyuuga one, and the Monk one? Am I missing any?
>>
File: 1458991713701.jpg (59KB, 540x723px) Image search: [Google]
1458991713701.jpg
59KB, 540x723px
>>477932
>Am I missing any?
the good one!
>>
>>477932
>Shinobi
>Boruto (QM missing)
>Hyuuga
>Future
>>
>>477959
>Boruto
>Not dead
At least Somnius made DBZ so toxic he's the only one who does that franchise anymore.
>>
>>477976
Well ironically it was his bullshit that caused that DBZ craze a year back.

Tuffle is still around and Space Monkeys is on Akun with the rest of Chuckle's stuff.
>>
File: Dance of the Rainbow Shitweasel.png (126KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dance of the Rainbow Shitweasel.png
126KB, 800x600px
Bioweapon Quest will begin in one hour!

Come and eat the delicious things!
>>
File: tumblr_n7oxh2EHCg1qk6v3ao1_400.gif (2MB, 349x233px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7oxh2EHCg1qk6v3ao1_400.gif
2MB, 349x233px
Yankii Reform Quest is GO!!
>>477919
>>477919
>>477919

Are you delinquent enough to fuck up ALL the shit?
>>
>>478004
aw yiss
>>
>>478004
On /qst/ or Anonkun?
>>
>>478022
Right here!
>>
>>478013

How do you cross-thread link like that?

Test: >>477919
>>
>>478153
Ah, like that.
>>
Relatively new here. What kinda of time/timezone do most quests happen? Obviously there's a range but is there a particular time when more GMs are about, or a 'best time' to start new quests?

UKfag here btw. Thanks for the help
>>
>>478159
Basically whenever

Bst plan of action would be to sell yourself here and then announce when your free to run
>>
>>478159
It appears that the statistical majority of questers live in North American time zones. Also, for greatest probability of attendance and participation, start on either Friday or Saturday, and maybe Sunday.
>>
>>478163
Thanks. I'm assuming most GMs use names?
>>
>>478172
Yep easier to tell you apart from the streams of anons
>>
>>478172
Get a trip for QMing
>>
>>478172
If you are considering QMing I'd suggest reading some quests first to understand how it works in practice before jumping in.
>>
>>478172
>>478185
Follow the advice of this anon. I would suggest
One Man Permaban Quest as an entry level quest into this writing hobby. It's a parody of OPM, but it has excellent writing, in-depth characters, and good QMing. Check it up in the archives and good luck!
>>
What are some good quests about shadowrunning? For reference, I've already read Deniable Assets Quest and Cyberpunk Idol Management Quest.
>>
MY FELLOW ASDHJKAASD: Share your rituals for right before questing.

I get myself tea, sit down, avoid questing for like fiftheen minutes out of "but what If I fuck up" until I realize that's what I've been doing for 6 threads in a row. There I write.
>>
Bioweapon Quest begin!

>>478228

Time to devour all sorts of delicious entities that may or may not scream (we won't know until we have ears)
>>
File: guncelebgifg0awh.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
guncelebgifg0awh.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>478220
Watch media and listen to songs related to the type of Quest I'm running.

> LGA2
Girls und Panzer stuff, tank stuff, military marches, Major League (for the sports atmosphere).

> Starship Idols
Watch Starship Troopers and listen to KLENDATHU DROP and ITS A GOOD DAY TO DIE on full blast

> Varuna Base Quest
Jurassic Park Music and clips

> Magical Girl Liberty
Indiana Jones, Captain America, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

But as for right before Questing, I don't have any particular rituals, though I should get into the habit of updating my pastebins much earlier than I usually do and actually pre-writing the OP.
>>
>>478220
>Why the fuck am I still doing this
>I don't want to do this
>Wait why am I doing this again?
>Go get a sandwitch
>Oh yeah cause I like it
>Wait it's been like 4 months already!?
>What if I fuck up more?
>Stqarts playing music
>Oh well fuck it

I've been doing basically this for about 5 months now
>>
>>478220
I often find myself preparing dinner or calling for dinner while listening to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g
>>
>>478220
Procrastinate
>>
File: BSRA Op.png (1024KB, 778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BSRA Op.png
1024KB, 778x1000px
Let's go
>>478317
>>
>>478220
Sleep
>>
File: Smart_guy.png (263KB, 540x294px) Image search: [Google]
Smart_guy.png
263KB, 540x294px
>QM Question
>What dice system (if you have one) do you use for your quest and why? If you don't use dice, why not?

I use a d20 dice system for my quest in tandem with a point-pool system as well as a momentum system. I only use d20s in the case of Rumbles and events that have a skill/stress variable attached to them. In any case only the two highest rolls are counted (unless a Nat 1 rolled) and each of the two rolls are rolled against a primary (stronger) and secondary (lighter) DC.

There're also various variables that can be tacked on to increase or decrease the difficulty in hitting those DCs that the players are mostly in control of.

Each Rumble is made up of Die Rolls, Success/Failure Pools, and Rumble Resources (player managed).
>>
>>478401
Oh Ouro.

Well, while you're here. Got any neat ideas for the future?
>>
>>478409
I'm enjoying the lack of running but I'm already starting to get bored. I'll probably do something soon-ish. Maybe.
>>
>>478401
>Ouro
>sleeping
begone impostor
>>
>>478476
Can you tell us what you learned, running Snakecatcher?
>>
File: christmas dinner.jpg (1MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
christmas dinner.jpg
1MB, 1000x1414px
>QM Question
Tried doing a best out of 3d20 system, but ultimately i couldn't figure out how to write 'moderate successes' or 'moderate failures', so I just did away with it

>>474284
Modern Tank Witches, where you're either a tanker or a witch who's deployed to [country] to keep the neuroi in check. Thing is, the neuroi haven't done anything since the end of the previous war, so it's a pretty boring job At least for the time being that involves a lot of staring at nothing and the occasional exercise against the Russians. Yawn.

Delinquent Magical Girl. Something closer to your average magical girl story compared to the Bizarre Adventures of Victory. You play as obviously a magical girl, who's also a delinquent. Things haven't changed much from when you were just a delinquent, and you use your powers to shoplift, or fight idiots (i.e people who insult your hair, threads, or chest) It isn't until some creep with weird powers tries to kill you that you try figuring out what's exactly going on, and y'know, do magical girl stuff.

First Intersolar War. War breaks out between the inner system colonies and outer system colonies, lead by Earth and Jupiter respectively. The Innies have more resources and men to throw into the grinder, but the Outers have stellar geography on their side. Jovians have bases and installations on many of Jupiter's moons, and have control of the Asteroid Belt, making it extremely difficult for the Innies to launch attacks into the Outer System thanks to the VC esque Belt Defense Force, which make it a nightmare to traverse the Belt. And even then, the Innies would have to planet hop through the Jovians. Player would either be an A-Team esque squad of commandos tasked with breaking through the Belt, or BDF irregulars raiding Innie ships.

>>478220
read over the votes from the previous session over again, get distracted by things, start writing, delete half of it, get distracted again.

tfw I missed the discussion about magical girls in WW2
>>
>>478220

On the day before I run, I wake up, grab some breakfast, take care of any chores, then spend as long as I can stand half-writing the OP of the next thread and thinking how far the story has progressed/where it might go.

On the day I run, I take a shower, drive to work and bullshit my way through my day-job while running. It's getting harder to find the time though...
>>
>>477462
That's true, to an extent. However, most of the times people told me they didn't enjoy something about the way it was written or how it was going, my usual response is:

"I'm sorry that it wasn't something you enjoyed. What did you dislike in particular?"

Then I try to inch in a direction and see how it holds, you know? Like any other sane DM on a tabletop session.

I don't spazz out on someone for not liking it and say that they're wrong for having an opinion on something I've written up.

I didn't think more than a person or two would have been explosive about it. I mean, damn; /co/ and its WOYA and HYW have better reception to criticism than qtg at this point - and /co/ is already /co/mblr.
>>
anyone working on quest reviews rn?
>>
>>478594
Was there anything specific you wanted to know about? I don't really feel smarter going out then I did going in.
>>
File: back.png (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
back.png
31KB, 600x600px
Sorry for the hiatus. Undead Quest is coming back on Friday!
>>
>>478855
Mind an archive link? I like undead things.
>>
>>478860
Here you go
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=undead+quest
>>
>>478855
Alright! Time to get revenge on Lucky 2.
>>
>>478867
Oh god. Thanks, I-I guess?
Welp, I asked for this. Time to find my bingo sheet.
>>
>>478879
Haha, have fun. I haven't read many quests when I started, and that was part of the reason why I took a break.
>>
>>478220
I drink. One measure of whiskey calms the nerves, helps me relax and focus. Any more than that doesn't help, and too much more is counterproductive. I also take a tea break about halfway through to take stock of events and update my notes.
>>
File: Heh.jpg (425KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Heh.jpg
425KB, 800x1200px
New Thread Is UP for all the 12 that play it.

>>478975
>>
>>478823
Honestly, no. I'm just a fairly new QM, looking to learn from those more experienced. I suppose stuff about the QMing experience - framing challenges, interacting with your audience, selecting vote options - would be pretty neat to hear about?
>>
File: RE_Animated.png (1MB, 1324x1033px) Image search: [Google]
RE_Animated.png
1MB, 1324x1033px
>>473128

My quest, RE: Animated, is up if anyone has the interest. It's the story of a skeletal bard brought back from the dead and now hellbent on making the most of his time back on earth, helping people and right wrongs.
>>
>>479068
The worst thing about QMing is frankly trying to shift it on the go. At least with tabletop sessions you can actively argue and discuss the next course of action or gauge the mood. Here, it's a little bit harder to do.

For one, you're not writing a story, but a recollection of experiences that you want to drop the Quester(s) in for a good time. For two, it's heavily text and visual based instead of an audio-visual experience with direct interaction and a human factor; in essence, you're just typing back out the outputs.

Gauging this is what separates a good QM and a bad QM.

Personally, I run mine like a DnD session because it's the only way I know how to run things.
>>
>>479068

I don't know how much my two cents is worth honestly. I'm not a huge name QM or anything, but I've run games in real life, followed a fair chunk of quests, and written my own for a little while now. And in the end, I think that I've found that both situations have kind of similar do's and don'ts.

Principally speaking, quests and campaigns are about imbuing your players with a sense of agency and purpose. They should feel like their suggestions are a core part of the way the story develops, and never feel like the capacity to make meaningful decision has been taken from them. Whether it's in the things they say or the little details they add onto voting prompts, seeing the inclusion of those specific ideas builds investment, and it can be well worth your time early on in the game to build a proactive nature in the audience by creating challenges meant to test their creative thinking by encouraging them to find out-of-the-box solutions or put nuance in their solutions for better results.

This kind of leads into QM personality, which is an extremely arguable point. However, on the whole, I've found that being argumentative or authoritarian breeds contempt. You have to be malleable and respectful to expect your players to follow suit, which involves treating their ideas in the most charitable and fair way you can manage with regards to their intent.
>>
>>479106

Bottom line or tl;dr is just:
> "Treat your players like you would want to be treated."
> "Make it clear that you want everyone to have a good time."
> "Work toward that goal and try to make sure no one feels left out."

And remember:
> Bad rolls, should still yield interesting results.
>>
>>479106
>>479108
I think you've got it well ban-san. Points right out of the pastebin that nobody ever reads that will forever remain hallmarks of good QMing.

Although I know a rare exception, one I've not seen any QM since pull off closely or at all. Maybe it's good I haven't. The quest I enjoyed the most was run by the QM I hated the most. For exactly each and every one of the positive and negative QM attributes you mentioned, heavily into their personality.
It's a dynamic I believe still carries potential, but alas, it's also likely to destroy QMs that can't make people love their content while hating their guts.
>>
File: tegaki.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>
>>477643
TrickQM for president! Love <3 you!
>>
>>479106
>little details they add onto voting prompts
Yes! I always add stuff to the prompts.
Might start a discussion or not - either way, more fun for me.
>>479108
> Bad rolls, should still yield interesting results.
Playing someone who lost a finger, eye, has burnes, scars etc. can be a lot more entertaining than playing the superhero who never gets a scratch...
>>
File: Hot.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hot.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>479127
>tfw you mindbreak your players
>>
File: Saki20.png (151KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
Saki20.png
151KB, 500x681px
New Dark Gate Academy is up!

>>479172
>>479172
>>479172
>>
I miss Braids Grenades. I wonder if the creator posts other art somewhere.
>>
what's the average update rate for a qst?
are these meant to be updated a couple times a day for example? or are they meant to be "live"
>>
>>479328
>are these meant to be updated a couple times a day for example? or are they meant to be "live"
It varies from Quest/QM. Some update sporadically over a couple of days while others have live sessions at often set times where they stick around for 6-8+ hours, constantly churning out new updates as long as their players are around.
>>
>>479068
>I'm just a fairly new QM,

No you aren't. It's been like 9 months. You haven't been new in a long time.
>>
Player Question!
What is the most unappreciated quest that you follow? Why do you think that is?

Bonus Points: What do you think could be done to help?
>>
File: space1.png (60KB, 2160x1440px) Image search: [Google]
space1.png
60KB, 2160x1440px
Hoping to run a space adventure quest this evening, if anyone would be interested. Kick-off at 9pm GMT.

Done a lot of DMing for D&D but gonna be first time QMing here. Any tips/advice? I'm just aiming for it to be a bit of a fun test run.
>>
>>479343
Seems new to me. What's the cutoff?
>>
>>479351
First ten threads of your first quest.
>>
>>479351
Nothing set in stone but in my opinion if you go over half a year and have been active during that time you aren't inexperienced or new anymore. Sure you can always ask for more advice but you can't keep using those excuses.
>>
File: book-283251_640.jpg (72KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
book-283251_640.jpg
72KB, 640x428px
>>473128
what's preferred for archiving? pros/cons?

i see some QMs directly link to their previous threads and others using suptg
>>
>>479408
I used to just store stuff on googledocs because I am a retard and I was worried of being seen as pretentious if I archived my own threads.

Now I use sup tg.
>>
>>479408
Pros: Your thread is archived with tags so it's easier for players to find and read your quest.

Cons: You have to spend a minute your life typing in the necessary information to archive it.
>>
File: 1465439951510.jpg (9KB, 167x192px) Image search: [Google]
1465439951510.jpg
9KB, 167x192px
>>479438
>You have to spend a minute your life
That's a minute you'll never get back. Sure, it doesn't seem like much now, but suddenly one wasted minute because two, then five, and then 10. By the end, you might have wasted over 2-3 hours of your life on archiving your quest.

Get your personal archive-anon today. You'll thank them in the end.
>>
File: Logo 3.gif (95KB, 476x740px) Image search: [Google]
Logo 3.gif
95KB, 476x740px
>>479511

Come join the thread!

Participate in You Awake In Westeros Quest!
>>
>>478404
Hey Grimsley, can I review Yankee Quest? I've always had a thing for Japanese Delinquents.
>>
Since Akun allows you to embed audio, do you guys think it'd be a good idea to have ambient music for each chapter/arc of a story and change it when the narrative focus changes?
>>
Test
>>
>>469289

Diminutive Dungeon Delvers is Updating again.
>>
>>479691
Always wanted to do something like that for certain encounters and scenes but by the time I get to it I can't be bothered to do it
It's a neat idea nonetheless
>>
Starting another session of Sentient Sword

>>472870
>>
File: Challenge_accepted_asshole.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Challenge_accepted_asshole.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>479683
Sure. If'n that's what you want to do I ain't gonna stop you. Fair warning, I'm only beginning the second thread of a quest reboot, so there's not much content with current stuffs.Here's a link in any case, yo:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Yankii+Reform+Quest

This here is a free internet, and you're free to do whatever you please with it.

Also, if'n you've always have had a thing for J-thugs, why ain't you already in?
>>
Shenanigans in space

>>480662
>>
I have a quick question. I used to run quests often on /tg/ and would hammer out a full thread and a half in a single evening. Is it just me or is /qst/ extremely slow going, or is it just what I attempted to run?
>>
>>481134

/qst/ is very slow going, yes, because unless you've got a playerbase that's in the double digits your session is probably going to sage and get bumped off of the board due to age rather than posts.
>>
>>481153
That's a bit of a shame. I guess the question is how to build a player-base that will keep a thread going, as it is somewhat hard to put a good display of your worth as a QM with 50 posts to show.
>>
>>481175
If the Quest looks average or above-average and it has a good OP picture, most people will give the first thread a chance, but after that you mostly rely on a small player base and hope that it will build up as you go along. This is of course only if you don't use your old name from /tg/ and pull along the player base you made over there to here.
>>
>>481239
Oh I ran a long long time ago, like 4 years. I doubt any of my old players are still around. But I appreciate the tip, I'll see what I can do. Thank you.
>>
>>481175
You don't, or at least not completely. /qst/ doesn't possess the same player incentives for participation and you'll have to rely on a good first thread that grabs enough of a playerbase to sustain the next.
Assuming you're consistent and your initial players stick you'll be fine. Word of warning though, the board and players being slower in general means you might be waiting for replies longer than you're used to.

>>481247
You might be surprised, if you've got a twitter or a previous quest you could mention it and that might help.
>>
>>481247
Librarian?
>>
>>479446
How does one archive a thread anyway?
>>
>>482285

Most use sup/tg/ or their /qst/-specific archive, though I've heard of some QM's dumping whole threads into Google docs pages.
>>
>>473128
I know I might be late for this, But I really liked the quest set up un Old Paradise.
You played as a skeleton hitman, and the quest stopped when we were talking to that spider lady, sort of oracle if I recall correctly.

Anyway, it's a shot to let this QM knows that I really appreciated his quest, and that it was sad that he abandonned.
>>
The Bizarre Adventures of Victory is up again

>>482515
>>
File: Map.jpg (856KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
856KB, 1024x768px
Rate my map
>>
>>482520
Is it an Island?
>>
>>482304
>/qst/-specific archive

Can you elaborate on that?
>>
>>482520
Simple, but I like it : 7/10.

Is the wind coming from the West or East ? If it's the former, you should put the lake on the Western side of the mountain, and a more desertic place in the East.

If it's the later, then juste had a patch of more dried climate on thé western side.
>>
File: 1397326222671.png (498KB, 1600x1523px) Image search: [Google]
1397326222671.png
498KB, 1600x1523px
>>482520
>island for ants
>no clearly delineated rain shadows
>no defined drylands in spite of mountain range
>cities not on/next to rivers
>unnatural forest topography
>good names

PRESCHOOL/10.
>>
>>482525

Yeah, on sup/tg/ there are separate archives for /qst/ threads & /tg/ threads. So when you go to archive your thread on their website, you use the specific section.

>/tg/ Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html

>/qst/ Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html
>>
>>482524
It's a map

But yeah Idunno what it's supposed to be just dicking around in Inkarnate
>>
>>482550
Wait. Is it as simple as it looks to make a map ?
I... Kinda frustrated since I drawed with lot of difficulties mine...
>>
So how far does the sex rule go?

I was going to include some rape and sex in a quest, but in an entirely non-explicit way (it'd be significant to the story and the details would be glossed over)
>>
>>482555

You might get the B&Hammer because this IS supposed to be a blue board and all...
>>
>>482557
Well it'd basically be just "yeah you/he raped/fucked her" and then just continue from there without actually being explicit about any of the details.

Is mentioning sex/rape seriously not allowed?
>>
>>482555
If Soma can spend three paragraphs describing a mutant girls clitoris and not get banned I'm sure you can add your non-explicit rape backstories and not get along just fine.
>>
>>482555
>>482564
> not
I mean get along just fine, of course.

>>482563
You can mention it all you want, it's explicit smut that gets the ban. That said the succubus one shot a while back did fine as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>482555
You can have smut, you just can't run a smut quest.
>>
File: Map (1).jpg (909KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Map (1).jpg
909KB, 1024x768px
>>482554
What on Inkarnate?

Yeah I guess but if I had a basic understanding on geology and a mouse things would be a lot easier

Luckily originality is overrated
>>
>>482582
It looks better, I see you went for a north to south approach for winds.

For simple geology, think about continental plates : they moves in certain direction. When two meets, they collide or one goes beneath the other. Those points can be considered stress points.
Those stress points are where your mountains, for most part, will be. You can also add on those points Active geological zone, with lava, volcanoes etc.

Then, if you want a challenge, try to think about different type of rocks for the ground : chalk, marble, granit etc. So you know where you need to pu valleys and such.

But if you want to be simple, keep the first thing, and always keep in mind the direction of your wind.
>>
File: Ask_74370c_526425.jpg (75KB, 595x806px) Image search: [Google]
Ask_74370c_526425.jpg
75KB, 595x806px
>>482606
Should anon finally run his/her quest?
>>
>>482701
Eh, my answer woule have been yes, why not.
What would be the name of it by the way ? I'm not used to the best time where /qst is more populated.
>>
>>482715
I didn't mean to link you in the memes but a good way to deal with names would be to realize you don't need to put Quest in the title as searching for quest would get you pretty much every thread on the board

Have it be an important line, thought, timeline quote, or just a mish-mash of themes into a title. For example

>In Brightest Day = Green Lantern Quest
>>
>>That feel when suddenly no more time to quest anymore.
FUCK
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>482701
Let's find out!
>>
File: lumberjack.jpg (188KB, 680x921px) Image search: [Google]
lumberjack.jpg
188KB, 680x921px
>>474284
I'm putting together a game based in the fictional country of Norscand in the midst of civil. There are tons of maps and I'm making up the lore. Four factions--Military dictatorship, urban commie rebels, right-wing militia/survivalist types, and ISIS-style religious extremists.

Plan is for it to be open-world, using Innawoods to display characters and inventory and a seven-attribute system. Of course I'll make up stories as well--planning on having some basic plots for every city I have detail maps of.

Norscand info is here:
http://norscand.net/

Might use a different fictional country if there's a more comprehensive one.

thoughts? pic related, one of several dozen starting player professions.
>>
File: Guyver.jpg (88KB, 414x370px) Image search: [Google]
Guyver.jpg
88KB, 414x370px
>>480589
>Why ain't you already in
I'm in now. I'm in to win!

>>482752
I'm feeling that now. I got a thesis project. Lots of meetings with THE MAN.

>BioArmor Quest

I'm currently one of the lowest rated quests on sup tg, so I'm desperately looking for feedback on what can make it better. The last review I got was pretty positive. I'm looking for more critical reviews.

I appreciate any feedback.
>>
>>482735
I'll try to make something catchy then. Thanks for the advice.

>>482756
Isn't Norscand a fictionnal country used for diffetent military simulation ? Or am I again being retarded ?
>>
>>482759

>I'm currently one of the lowest rated quests on sup tg, so I'm desperately looking for feedback on what can make it better.

It's probably just some fag that hates everything you do and is autistically down-voting your quest every day/switching IPs to downvote spam. This kind of thing happened with my quests for a while as well as one of my favorite old-school QMs.
>>
>>482759
If there wasn't a shitstorm in the thread and nothing really indicating why the score is that low in thread then you probably have an autist with a vendetta.

Those are tough to shake off, good luck to you.
>>
File: norscand-airlines.png (449KB, 1959x2745px) Image search: [Google]
norscand-airlines.png
449KB, 1959x2745px
>>482762
Apparently "Norscan" is a Warhammer thing. Norscand, on the other hand, is the product of some guy who loves geography and has too much free time.
>>
>>482759
Personally I think people downnvote archives out of some personal-ish reason. Maybe they got pissed at your reviews.
>>
>>482759
>I'm currently one of the lowest rated quests on sup tg
Did it happen after I said I liked your quest? This tends to happen after I tell QMs I like their quests.

It's probably some autist as anons already said, I've found the quest enjoyable thus far.
>>
>>482759
To be honest. I can't wait to see the next part.
>>
>>482770
Holy shit.

He made something... Wonderful ? Like, it could be used as a base for computer based modelisation for urban and rural area, I think.
Anyway, he's a mad man.

Also, will your quest be more narrative, or will it confront several players against each other?
>>
File: population-density.png (314KB, 1656x2298px) Image search: [Google]
population-density.png
314KB, 1656x2298px
>>482786
probably more narrative. build world, set protagonist free to do whatever players say. but I've never done this before, so it'll probably evolve as I try different things.
>>
>>482776
>Did it happen after I said I liked your quest?

Come to think of it yeah.

>>482770
This is actually really cool.

>>482778
The decision to let Thunderer live is going to pay off a little.
>>
>>482854
>spoilers
I'm glad. And uh, sorry about sharing the curse.
>>
>>482854

I'm looking forward to the next BioArmor Quest session.
>>
New to quest as of yesterday and wishing I had found this year's ago. Itching to make a quest is already strong, but until then:

How much RP vs combat do most quest tend to favor? Are most threads basically casual, let's do the most crazy option, etc?

I'm one of those guys who likes discussing plans and gathering information, but I see a lot of post of people just barging straight through doors or attacking.
>>
>>482916

It all depends on what theme you want to roll with and what your quest is all about.
>>
>>482916
Depends on the quest.

Some have a lot of combat.
Some don't have combat at all.
Some are barebones when it comes to tactics.
Some plan out every fight meticulously.
>>
>>482918
>>482919
Thanks, I'll just mosy around and try to see what's best way to go then.
>>
>>482923

The key to being a good QM is to read & participate in threads. Get an idea of how you like something from Quest XX, but prefer Quest YY's characters or Quest ZZ's mechanics and go from there.
>>
>>482923
What kinda quest are you looking for? Someone can probably throw you a recommendation.
>>
>>482928
I'm already balls deep into the Fallout and Spaaaaace threads, still skimming through the others. I like the idea of quest that rely a lot in skill checks and rolls instead of pick from these three choices type.

Although seeing some of the big ones with 200+ post to catch up on is pretty intimidating.
>>
>>482929
I think it also depends on the situation in the quest. Number crunching and rolls are a guilty pleasure for me but there's not really been any need for them thus far in the Spaaaaaaaace quest.

Just wait til them laser rifles come out, tho. Rolls galore.
>>
>>482972
Loving everything so far in spaaace. Have to admit I got giddy when I saw the dice values in the weapons store.
>>
Any advice on helping to inform your readers when your quest is set in a TTRPG setting? You can't exactly just fling the books at them, especially if you've changed the mechanics or want to preserve the idea of things the MC doesn't know.
>>
>>483038
Upfront in-setting dialect and characters in the first posts or through main character internalization/recollected memories.
In the latter's example the MC might see something similar to a setting specific thing.
The pastebin in the OP does talk about this a little, just dust the introduction with light bits of fluff that are relevant to the characters' immediate situation, the smallest stuff they'd actually know or care about or part of their backstory.
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 3 + 1 = 10 (3d6 + 1)

How many different things can you do with the dice rolls? testing multi dice on this comment
>>
>>483114
Unfortunately you can't, you can only roll one type of dice per post.
>>
>>483200
But...but what about the...what about the per comment efficiency dammit?!
>>
>Quest has the opportunity to go full Incest
>Players don't

Times you've been proud of a quest playerbase /qtg/?

seriously fuck the entirety of that thread though
>>
>>483298
which thread that?
>>
>>483298
Technically it's the /tg/ playerbase but every time LGA 2's players stop Elodie from being/doing lewd things. Even though I liked the /u/-boating in LGA 1.
>>
>>483309
the latest thread of Crusader quest

to bad two thirds of the actual thread was anon bitching about how Elias was the worst thing to ever exist
>>
File: Akemi29.jpg (130KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Akemi29.jpg
130KB, 702x1024px
New Update
>>483304
>>483304
>>483304
>>
>>483298
>can go full incest
> don't
If it was a sister, I actually despise these people.
>>
>>483325
It was and it wasn't

It was a bastard brother and his sister and he already had a waifu

Multiple main characters are a bitch like that
>>
>>482854
Ah. Well just for wrecking the surprise. >>482860 is not the only one here who can curse threads.>:) The dice will bleed ones!
>>
I've got a question :

I'm planning on a quest, but I don't know how much do I need to prepare (I've got the plot, and npc's) in advance.
Also, english is not my native tongue, can it be a real problem when doing quest ?
>>
>>483488
Nah man. English isn't mine, either, and I got fucking awesome players.
>>
>Tfw my mind is finally clear enough to run a quest
All I have to do now is write an interesting prompt...
>>
>>483488
my only advice is don't make it a chore for yourself or you won't want to do it. just take what you have and roll with it
>>
>>483878
Whats the quest?

See if you can sell people that want to buy
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>482701
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>484013
if you insist, cunt
>>
File: yooooo intensifies.png (212KB, 645x973px) Image search: [Google]
yooooo intensifies.png
212KB, 645x973px
>>483311
I'm proud of that as well, Elodie isn't that lewd.
>>
File: Template 2.png (8KB, 542x214px) Image search: [Google]
Template 2.png
8KB, 542x214px
>>483990
Well, It's more of a Second Chance than a new quest
I tried to make the title more ''atractive'', and so far, it looks...decent?

But still, I need to think of a good, atractive prompt, but atleast I know the basic elements of how I want this to be, so...It shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>484098
Looks nice, if you link it and im awake ill tune in
>>
>>483489
>>483972

Thanks for the advice guys !

Is the theme interesting enough ? It's modern fantasy, with government agencies mostly !
>>
>>483488
English may not be your native tongue, but most people still expect the basics to be right, like putting spaces between paragraphs, capitalization at the start of sentences, and not putting a space between a punctuation mark and your last word.
>>
>>484164
Yes, you're right, sorry. I'm just used to put a space between the word and the question/exclamation mark, I should work on that.
>>
I've been thinking about the Buddy system from Farcry 2 and wondering whether you could make something similar work for a quest.

The quest would be about wandering swordsmen, and I'm thinking about having friendship and rivalry points.

They'd raise the chances of you encountering people and color the kind of interactions you'd have. If you had a really great friendship, there's a high chance they'll come and help if requested, or that you'll be sent on a mission together, or that they'll help to rescue you if you get in trouble.

But it works both ways - you'd have to work through their problems and help them where necessary.

Rivalry points would create recurring enemies, but I'm trying to think of a way of doing it that doesn't just make them a nuisance or cause players to default to killing all their enemies. I want rivals to derail player plans or throw situations that were in control out of control, but in a way that doesn't seem like the QM is punishing the players.

Any thoughts / suggestions?
>>
>>484228
sounds pretty good. actually, i was thinking about a very similar idea a few days ago. i'd like to see how you do with it
>>
>>484265
Which raises the second big question.

Do I make it a visible system or do I just keep it behind the scenes?

I want to let the players select their own supporting cast organically from a wide roster of characters, and this seems like the best way to do it. It also allows them to choose whether they want to bro out with one or two or have a lot of acquaintances that they aren't too close with.
>>
File: Bomber.png (149KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bomber.png
149KB, 500x1000px
If /qst/ would have it, I'll probably be doing a short run of a spinoff of Magical Girl Liberty here next week. It'll be centered around Magical Girl Bomber, one of Libby's friends, and one of her adventures before the next Liberty arc (which'll probably be over on /tg/)
>>
>>483298
Every now and then my players would pleasantly surprise me. I like it.

On the other hand, weird shit sometimes happens and it all works out in the end.
>>
>not a single good quest running right now
Where have all the good QMs gone?
>>
File: F-14 sunset afterburners.jpg (321KB, 1024x637px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 sunset afterburners.jpg
321KB, 1024x637px
NEW THREAD IS UP:

>>484690
>>
File: 1470516220390.jpg (295KB, 664x955px) Image search: [Google]
1470516220390.jpg
295KB, 664x955px
>>484695
It's Wednesday: one of the slowest weekdays on /qst/. Tomorrow probably won't be any better.
>>
File: 1465462499824.jpg (260KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1465462499824.jpg
260KB, 900x675px
>>484695
I'm still waiting for The Last Grease Monkey to come back...
>>
>>484695
Crusty died of butt-related illness, Diarca is probably on one of his ridiculously long hiatuses, Snakecatcher quest is over, BSO quest is probably dead, Crusader Quest's playerbase turned to shit, /tg/ has almost only Naruto quests, and GOT fanfics are the flavor of the month on /qst/. Anonkun actually has better quests than 4chan. Let that sink in for a moment. Truly a dark time for questing.
>>
File: 1469887608428.png (1MB, 629x758px) Image search: [Google]
1469887608428.png
1MB, 629x758px
>>484726
>Anonkun actually has better quests than 4chan.
That is objectively false.
>>
>>484726
>Crusader Quest's playerbase turned to shit
That happened quite awhile ago

>BSO quest is probably dead
It was getting interesting too damnit.
>>
File: prr-s1-locomotive-raymond-loewy.jpg (237KB, 1020x680px) Image search: [Google]
prr-s1-locomotive-raymond-loewy.jpg
237KB, 1020x680px
>>484726
Eh, it's not all bad. We got cute girls, we got some new drawquests at least here on /qst/, Larro's still going strong.
>>
>>484695
School is starting again. Probably a factor.
>>
>>484726
You forgetting DGA man
>>
>>484760
DGA?
>>
>>484271
whatever seems easier for you. just make sure it's interesting and intuitive, not just a tacked-on system that complicates things
>>
>>484788
Dark Gate Academy by Booker
>>
>>484802
Oh. Yeah I read that in the archives once and it seemed like the only way the players were able to actually impact the story was with their waifu choice and the rest was more or less completely scripted by booker. Not my cup of tea.
>>
>>484695
Questy's back though

>>484720
NT Pops up in the Discord every now and then
>>
>>484726
Yeah but my quest is good.
>>
File: 1470183322334.jpg (1MB, 4601x2365px) Image search: [Google]
1470183322334.jpg
1MB, 4601x2365px
>>484841
>>
File: 1468527472842.jpg (199KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1468527472842.jpg
199KB, 500x565px
>>484841
>>
>>484841
I'm glad you think so.
>>
>>484857

>Shonen posts this picture thinking he's Chris Evans

>He's actually Ben Affleck
>>
File: 1470996443558.jpg (212KB, 853x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1470996443558.jpg
212KB, 853x1137px
>>484932
That's so sweet, Trick. That you would compare me to a movie star like that. Warms my heart.
And here I thought we weren't friends. I was sorely mistaken. You're like Macaulay Culkin to me, buddy~
>>
>>484947
>Macaulay Culkin

That's actually how you spell his name.

Holy shit he never had a chance.
>>
File: Cn_VNPmWcAEEtT9.jpg (100KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cn_VNPmWcAEEtT9.jpg
100KB, 768x1024px
>>484980
Yeah. Poor guy.
>>
>>484695

Well, I would be running right now, but I'm booked solid with work until next week. Not like anybody on /qtg/ reads my shitty fanfiction quest anyway.
>>
The Bizarre Adventures of Victory is starting. Vacation edition

>>485060
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 2 = 6 (3d2)

>>
>>484272
Fuck yeah MGL. Bomber's no Archer but I'd be down for a spinoff quest for just about any of the MGL characters.
>>
>>485083

Nice.
>>
File: 1379425345991.jpg (15KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
1379425345991.jpg
15KB, 240x300px
I used to be a /tg/ QM as well. I deleted twitter and went into hiding after I got too busy in my daily life.

It looks like questing is pretty despondent right now though. Even though it would be good that I can come back to a thread and post instead of having to sit through a hard 6 or 7 hour session I can do 2 or 3 hours on weekdays and 4 to 5 on weekends.
>>
>>485107
What quest?
>>
>>485111
Since it doesn't matter and I think most of the old questing community is either staying on /tg/ or left. It was high school helper.

Just some SOL thing I did when I didn't have a job for about 3 months out of my 6 month unemployment stint
>>
>>484726
Wish I could recommend some of /qst/s better almost rpg quests, but they're dead.
We are the center of a wasteland.
>>
>>485115
>high school helper
Was that the lesbian one?
>>
>>485129
Yeah
>>
>>485047
I would, but which one?
>>
>>474284
Heartbreaker Quest

You're a young demon sent to earth to break as many hearts as possible. The dramatic and extreme the heartbreak, the more exp you get.
>>
>>485178
What do we buy with exp?
>>
File: Manhunt_630x420.jpg (201KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Manhunt_630x420.jpg
201KB, 630x420px
>>474284
Lone Target with Joel Lambert: the Quest Adaptation, along with a whole host of other ideas >>476244
>>
>>485182
Demonic powers, obviously.
>>
>>485216
Sounds good. You gonna run it or is the idea in the wind?
>>
>>485223
I guess I could run it this weekend.
It wouldn't be too hard, I just need to write up a list of demonic powers.
>>
Which board has more players, /tg/ or /qst/?
>>
>>485243
/tg/ has more traffic.

Dunno about dedicated players though. You can't really tell since there is overlap. I quest on both boards.
>>
>>485243
Assuming you're talking about people only posting in quests, it's /qst/, since that's all there is here.
Assuming you're talking about overall player pool, it's /tg/, with an almost never dead higher traffic of users.
>>
File: 1435570999974.jpg (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1435570999974.jpg
15KB, 500x375px
>>485247
>>485253
>/tg/ has more traffic.
>Assuming you're talking about overall player pool, it's /tg/, with an almost never dead higher traffic of users.
Really gets you thinking why someone would want to start their quest on /qst/...
>>
>>485247
>>485253
>>485260
So if I wanted to come back after a long hiatus of questing, I should choose /tg/?
>>
File: 1430690664892.jpg (75KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
1430690664892.jpg
75KB, 449x642px
>>485262
Sure
>>
>>485247
>>485253
>>485260
So if i wanted to start a new quest, I should choose /tg/?
>>
>>485262
>>485267
I'll be neutral and say If you want the /tg/ audience you'll have to quest on /tg/, with all that implies.
If you're slow and enjoy threads several days in running /qst/ is the place for you.

>>485260
/tg/ is the birthplace for a reason.
>>
>>485267
/tg/ is almost only naruto quests now
>>
>>485341
I gotta say.
The whiners punted /qst/ into existence on the idea that quests needed their own board, with a lot of arguments that quests are not /tg/ related.

And here we are, /tg/ is filled with multiple of the least /tg/ related types of quests possible, dragonball z and naruto.
At least one of them is written pretty well, but the irony remains.
>>
>>485341
There's Mecha Space Pirate Quest running right now, Death Among the Stars, and Merc Command's stuff
>>
>>485353
Can someone tell me why I used to love Merc's quests but ever since Pararescue Witches ended I just can't be assed to give a shit about anything he puts out. Kancolle, the sci-fi thing, the tank thing. It all falls flat for me.
>>
>>485388
Because you realized it's all the same thing like I did.

Same writing, same tones, recycled characters, same mechanics, etc.

Doesn't improve. Doesn't get worse either.

Just stagnant.
>>
>>485388
You might just have style fatigue and don't want to read more of a similarly styled work.
Have had the same problem with contemporary authors.
>>
File: he's right.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
he's right.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>485400
Its also gotten quiet as all hell in the threads. I swear it's just me and 3+ other anons who post anything that ain't just a vote
>>
>>485411
Ouch. Guess there isn't that much to discuss unless you guys roll a 1 or 20.
>>
File: little-witch-academy-trigger.gif (1002KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
little-witch-academy-trigger.gif
1002KB, 500x629px
Question for anyone and everyone: When it comes to Fantasy Settings, what level of magic do you prefer?
>No Magic
>Low Magic (It's a rarity only found in the most secluded of areas or only in one person out of a thousand)
>Ebb and Flow Magic (Magic grows stronger and weaker in turns. In one Age, Magic might be strong and in the next Age, there exist barely any Magic at all)
>High Fantasy (Magic all over the place, constantly.)
Or something of your own choosing?
>>
File: 1471496777443.jpg (41KB, 684x693px) Image search: [Google]
1471496777443.jpg
41KB, 684x693px
>>485430
I honestly prefer a setting where everyone is CAPABLE of using magic, but it's either an obscure skill or one that takes so much practice that very few people are proper mages.
>>
Build a wall.
>>
>>485430
Magic is rare, but you have a lot of it.
>>
>>485438
Who's going to pay for it?
>>
File: mexican skeleton.jpg (232KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
mexican skeleton.jpg
232KB, 736x460px
>>485447
The undead
>>
>>485430
I like it when magic is rare, difficult to acquire, and powerfully dangerous enough to the point that people at large consider it heinous or forbidden. I also like it when magic is varied, in that there are different interpretations of the same 'system' or there's no apparent consistency because of all the variations, especially even if there is a couple scientific/formula based interpretations, that way it retains some mystique.
>>
What are /qst/ folks called?

I like /qst/ers as an option.
>>
>>485435
>>485439
>>485455
So Magic should be rare, powerful, and dangerous depending on how you use it and conjure it forth, but everyone is capable of wielding it given enough training, teaching, or the right point of view. The opnions of Magic can vary from culture to culture, but it's common knowledge that it's dangerous. The difference is how accepted it is and what it's used for and how it's brought forth, be it through spells, runes, rituals etc.

Cool.
>>
>>485430
I love when a clusterfuck gives up on explaining itself.
>>
>>485435
That sounds a bit like Fire Emblem.
>>
>>485463
I can't really think of any word that works with /qst/

The only one I can think of is hu/qst/er, but that'd just be inaccurate and annoying to look at
>>
>>484726
>Crusader Quest's playerbase turned to shit,

is that you Eliasfag? why so Salty about the fact Mathilde was giving Elias a chance because he's a charming rogue?
>>
File: Elements of Alchemy 2.png (9KB, 647x394px) Image search: [Google]
Elements of Alchemy 2.png
9KB, 647x394px
>>485430
There are at least 3 dedicated systems describing magic and the process of casting it. All of them contradict each other. All of them work to a degree at casting spells and understanding the magic that already exists.

At least 1 system is asymmetric, implying an incomplete theory, but none of the other systems can properly supplement that gap.

At least 1 system is tied to religion, but in the sense that divinities fit somewhere in there rather than actual worship. Still, the majority that follow it generally keep the faith.

A given person will be familiar with at most 2, unless they are extremely thorough researchers traveling to entirely different cultures.

Due to the above complications, magic works for some people and doesn't for others. Perhaps something about them, whether biological or mental, is more suited to a different magic system, or they just lack the talent. Regardless, many don't take the trouble to keep trying if they cannot use magic within the system they are familiar with.

Within the context of a Quest, you will similarly only be told about 2 systems and keep to them, giving the QM some leeway in throwing surprises in the form of foreign magic. Other systems will only be described through very deliberate investment of time/resources, or if the MC dies and someone else takes their place.
>>
File: k002-1.jpg (23KB, 132x227px) Image search: [Google]
k002-1.jpg
23KB, 132x227px
Has there been any quests when you are a drug lord or crime boss?
>>
>>469289

Diminutive Dungeon Delvers is updating again.
>>
File: OC_Trio_by_Heliophage.png (222KB, 980x480px) Image search: [Google]
OC_Trio_by_Heliophage.png
222KB, 980x480px
Hero Guardian Quest continues Tomorrow at 19:00 CET with the beginning of its Third Arc! Be sure to not miss it!
>>
I have a Movie Crashing Quest if you are interested, in the first Movie Crashing Quest, we are going to wreck through the Disney movie, Wreck-It Ralph and possibly other movies in "Wrecked-It Ralph" Thread: >>484582

The idea of the quest is what if you could play along in a movie like an RPG then ruin it for the fun of it or maybe if you could send a character or anything else to another movie and crash it in here. Sounds fun, yes? It's like Film Reroll, but with an extra spice in it.
>>
>>473128
>QM
I use 1d100 roll above because it works well with the modifier system. There has been some contention among the players about that, though.

>Player
When voting I tend to get a little long winded. Usually some reasoning or specific dialogue.

>Bonus
Right now? Probably Ignoble.Dark, because I'll shill for him until the day I die, even if he's left us. All time? Probably FallGuy or HistoricalFiction

Contractor Quest is going live at 6-630 CST
>>
>>486127
I need to fucking read. Favorite MC is probably Hugo from CQ. Because he actually crusades and doesn't just chase pussy, which leads to some neato character development.
>>
>>486135
who's ignoble dark?
>>
>>486143
The dude that ran Laughing Dog quest, because I'm dumb and thought we were talking QMs
>>
File: PSvar2.gif (1MB, 1870x936px) Image search: [Google]
PSvar2.gif
1MB, 1870x936px
Starship Idols is running in just a little bit, stand by.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 315x451px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 315x451px
>>486135
>Hugo
>not Lord "I'm going to see this city looted and burnt to the ground for very specific Royal pussy" Wilhelm
>>
>>486342
That's pretty much my point though. Wilhelm's fun as fuck to play, but voters seem to have this single specific goal for every single thing Will does, which is getting tail.

Hugo is a teenage boy struggling between an insane bloodlust, teenage urges, and peity. That's far more interesting to me.

Also, Mathilde worst girl.
>>
Oh I forgot about you /qst/

Starship Idols is live.

>>486355
>>
>>486434
>but voters seem to have this single specific goal for every single thing Will does, which is getting tail.

Technically true and untrue, while yes a lot of things have bent towards chasing tail, Will has also been setting himself up nicely as lord of southern Palestine and perhaps an eventual poweplay for an Egyptian crusader state, the rape of Zoe also blunted his tail chasing a bit I'm guessing since he didn't really do much afterwards

>Mathilde
>Worst girl

But Anon that's not Alice
>>
>>486434
Honestly Mathilde is the best written character
>>
>>486460
I may just be bitter about it, but even that seems to be just to solidify a position to take a city... For Ioveta's sweet, sweet 15 year old cooch.

>Hating on big tiddied MILF
>Not hating on half-lesbian whose name I can't even be bothered to remember right now

>>486474
Best written maybe, but still angsty, annoyong , and with a chip on her shoulder.
>>
>>486536
>but even that seems to be just to solidify a position to take a city... For Ioveta's sweet, sweet 15 year old cooch.

Yeah but....... I got nothing I get a thinking feeling murder anon was right and we may end up having to kill Hugh before he kills us, at least if he's wife is pregnant we won't have to do much more other than dispose of the sister and Barrisan

>Hating on Bisexual Best sister Hod
>forgetting about dat gag reflex

Jesus anon if Wil WAS to go another round with any sister except Iovetta it would be Hod

Mathilda angst is rather justifiable considering the crap she having to deal with, honestly the best I hope for right now is maintaining amiable relations with Elias because we kinda need the French realms support if another crusade is called
>>
>>486554
>>Jesus anon if Wil WAS to go another round with any sister except Iovetta it would be Hod
Unlikely after Mathilde burned her lesbian lover then told Hod she enjoyed it.
>>
>>486562
I was talking Hypotheticals not likelhoods, besides she knows we HAd to do it real politik and all that
>>
File: Arishia.jpg (220KB, 760x467px) Image search: [Google]
Arishia.jpg
220KB, 760x467px
Serious-ridiculous question;
Let's say there is a smut-free quest.
If NPCs, or NPCs just based on characters from some hardcore material, then what would happen?

What do you as a QM think about this? or how do you as a Player would react?
Could players just go, "hmm mkay" and carry on playing? or would horny fans of the original material flood the quest, and demand something naughty?
>>
>>486636
Change the names, change the character art, keep the personality.

There. You have the same character but it won't attract the horny fans unless you are really overt about it being from the source material.
>>
>>486636
Assuming you're using pictures like that, their style of dress is indicative enough of particular themes.

You get a bit MORE leeway if they're presented in a more academic manner, but at this point anyone and everyone knows what to expect if someone posts a picture of MGE. It wouldn't really be about the picture itself, but the reputation it's garnered.

I know there's some smug anime faces out there that don't SEEM like they come from porn, but the art style is extremely recognizable as coming from a very specific author who ONLY does porn. That's probably the greatest grey area, and I think you could get away with anons carrying on.
>>
>>486636
Don't use character art from Kuroinu if you don't want your quest turning into a variant of Orc Warlord Quest.
>>
>>486644
A pity, the illustrations would have come handy

>>486676
>Assuming you're using pictures like that
No no, I just brought up Kuroinu. because it's a well known-enough fetish hentai.
The pictures I would use would have zero to no suggestive materials. Even less skin than Shipgirls.
>>
>>486680
>a variant of Orc Warlord Quest.
I can imagine it becoming pretty popular.
>>
>>486690
probably fine then?

Hell, you might have had MORE of an issue if you used stuff from mainstream anime; this sounds like it won't be a problem.
>>
>>486692
Hell, it would be right up my alley. Especially since Warlord/Bright Tengu has dropped Orc Warlord in favor of his card game quest.
>>
File: 1462734304321.gif (1MB, 296x333px) Image search: [Google]
1462734304321.gif
1MB, 296x333px
>>486699
>dropped Orc Warlord
>>
>>486699
>dropped Orc Warlord
now I never followed it or was a fan aside from looking it over once, but that's just sad.

It was a rather extended quest
>>
>>486699
>dropped Orc Warlord
Wait what. I thought it's just on a prolonged hiatus.
>>
So lets say I was looking to start a quest with Suikoden as the inspiration. Is there any quest I should read that had a similar tone or mechanics?
>>
>>486786
Probably the ones that manage large numbers of characters without confusing the playerbase.
>>
>>486786
I'd be all over that quest. Fucking love Suikoden.
>>
I figured that this would be as good of a place as any to mention it, but Sad Quest is going to be coming back relatively soon (either today or tomorrow). I've just been having troubles with my wifi recently (I'm currently posting from my phone).
>>
Hey Anons, just here to promote my quest. Nothing more

>>486999
>>
>>485821

I thought about promoting a side character in my quest who is one into the MC, but decided not to after talking it over with like 4-5 friends and a couple of M8s from my old D&D group.
>>
Not gonna be able to run tonight, see you all on Sunday
>>
>>487180
See you then
>>
File: LupinePrototype.jpg (708KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
LupinePrototype.jpg
708KB, 1200x878px
This is now your quest's current boss fight.

If your quest doesn't have multiple boss fights, then this is your quest's main antagonist.

What happens to the plot and how fucked are your MCs?
>>
>>487604
What is it exactly?
>>
>>487612
It's a decapitated wolf head put on some kind of ghost-powered robotic construct thing.
>>
>>487617
What can it do exactly? Any magic? Psychic powers? Super strength? Laser eyes?
>>
>>487621
Anything a wolf or a werewolf could do, it can do better. Of course it's a magic-powered not!wolfman with super strength and opposable thumbs. Mad science!
>>
>>487604
Will a shotgun or knife to the face kill it?
>>
>>487669
That's assuming it wouldn't just protect itself with its arms and charge.
>>
>>487604
Grenades.
>>
I want to write a Finno-Korean Hyperwar X Madoka Magica crossover.
>>
>>487787
fucking cancer
>>
>>487604

Convince it to kill its own sister, then shoot it with the explosion gun while jet-boosting all over the place.

This takes two months.
>>
>>487604

BioArmor: Yuki goes REEEE LEAVE ME ALONE, transforms into a bug monster, and eats it. Whichever side of the Manu war turned an animal into a killing machine is getting fucked up. Yuki used to be a veterinarian and has a thing for animals. Also angst and crying for killing a wolf.

Sibella: This guy's very existence is going to cause a shitstorm in the local werewolf community in anyone finds out. Anon and friends defeat him and keep him secreted away until they can figure out who turned a werewolf into a cyborg killing machine and how to break the news without causing a race riot. He's likely a tool of the Master he created to fuck with them while his demon summoning powers recharge. He knows Anon is friends with the local werewolf pack.

Mechagirl: Flesh is weak. Metal is not. Lesath gives him to Ash to look after. The poor girl could use a pet, even if it is a bio weapon freak.

Baron Bizarre: Poor Baron has enough to deal with. He puts the guy in a bubble and lets his good buddy Doc Chase deal with figuring out where it came from. Doc is good with mad science stuff.
>>
>>487846
Joker Quest?
>>
>>487852

Got it in one.

In hindsight, I really like how strange Joker's characterization is. In a lot of stories, the protagonist eventually settles into a particular mindset and sticks with his niche.

Joker never stops being scummy in his personality, but he's also physically brave and extremely dangerous. In fact, he actually gets WORSE as a person as the story progresses.

There's also no such thing as true love in JQ. Rereading, it's clear how you could have any one of the girls, but only one, and each one is neurotic in her own way!
>>
>>487604
> Wellfuck.stainedglass
> "AMY!"

And then two cripples and a shankbird have a prison fight with it.
>>
>>487604
Honestly my players would be bragging about how they were going to utilize its advanced technology to conquer the world after beating it for so long that I blow it up into unusable smithereens before their eyes to spite them.
>>
What's /qst/'s favorite type of anime MC?

I ask this, because I will be running a quest soon and I want to be light on chargen.
>>
>>487864
What are the choices?
>>
>>487864
Speaking as someone who doesn't actually follow much anime quests...

Takes failures head-on with a smile and a laugh. Often doesn't actually succeed at the critical moment, but surprises people when shown to be unusually proficient at a problem the moment it's presented. This is because the character has failed at a similar task before, and actually learned from it.

Go on and defy all expectations, Kyon.
>>
>>487865
[] Ancient Doubly Conscripted World War Veteran wanting to revive his waifu
[] Reluctantly evil mother
[] Griffith-expy
[] Human experiment of unethical project
[] Secret scientist with a heart
[] Latter-Day imitation of ancient special forces
[] Pilot of the Flying Dutchman in a Hawaain shirt and shades
[] Savage Misoygnist who loves violence of every kind with no dramatic character development
>>
File: 1469136922913.jpg (15KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1469136922913.jpg
15KB, 177x278px
>>487870
>Pilot of the Flying Dutchman in a Hawaain shirt and shades
I didn't know I wanted this. Also he damn well better be constantly telling dad jokes.
>>
>>487870
>[] Reluctantly evil mother
>>
>>487870
how is being a secret scientist dramatic? Do you live in the bible belt or something?

>They can't ever know how fervently I believe in the SCIENCE
>>
>>487883
Because said secret scientist operates on clones and tries to re-uplift polar-bears, emus and penguins back to their primordial state.
>>
File: ProfessorTomoeCreatingDaimon.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ProfessorTomoeCreatingDaimon.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>487883
Fucking hell, there's even the classic archetype that any person who watches stuff from the 90s should know.
>>
>>487870
>Savage Misogynist who loves violence

Like Violence Jack or does it go straight through anti-hero and become a bad guy quest?

>Ancient World War veteran
Lost Generation adventures could be interesting. Are we going to Spain to see the Bullfights?

...please tell me that's not too obscure a reference...

If the character comes with turn of the century mysticism and para-science I'm all in. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. I want to study ancient Egyptian/Atlantean texts to find a way to summon the astral body of our waifu. I want to fight elder gods in the dreamlands for her soul.

>Reluctantly evil mother
...How so exactly? This could be very interesting.

>Griffith-expy
Fuck Griffith

>Human experiment
My BioArmor quest is...sortttttt of like that. The MC willingly transformed herself but it takes beats and cues from that kind of narrative.

Will it be a super-soldier thing or will there be another reason for the character being experimented on? Super-soldiers are really kind of dry and there are a lot of other reasons besides "we need someone to kill people" to make a super human.

>Secret scientist
>>487887
>>487890
This gets my vote so far. I want to play mad scientist quest.

>Latter-Day imitation of ancient special forces
I kind of want a super-larper one shot where we get trapped in a bank robbery or something. I think it could be really fun to do the Die Hard scenario with a larper. Not sure how it would be as a long quest though.

>Pilot of the Flying Dutchman
I need more context. So we're like a psychopomp?
>>
>>487890
that's MAD scientist, no secret
>>
>>487894
>>Savage Misogynist who loves violence
He hits on teenage girls and likes to kill them in messy gory ways, but he kinds of skirts the rules by only doing to people who are labelled as combatants.

>>487894
>Ancient World War veteran
Poor bastard fought something like the War in Heaven, as has been unable to die for the last thousand couple of years

>>487894
>>Reluctantly evil mother
Her daughter is McGuffin and she conceived said daughter knowingly as a McGuffin for the events which trigger the quest.

>>487894
>>Griffith-expy
Heavy on the pretty-boy stuff, not so much on the "sacrifice your comrades stuff", kind of leaks into Reinhard von Lohengramm territory Just an ambitious prettyboy

>>487894
>>Human experiment
A signal about how morally twisted the main faction is.

>>487894
>>Secret scientist
Treats his subjects kindly and makes dad-joke tier quips

>>487894
>>Latter-Day imitation of ancient special forces
Ancient arts from the days of the Veteran

>>487894
>>Pilot of the Flying Dutchman
Literally the man who sailed quickly from the Netherlands to Java, cursed with immortality
>>
>>487604
So this is just a wolf's head on a mechanical body?
Then it's not a boss, a strong mob at best.
>>
>>487604
Assuming it can't be reasoned with, if Whirlpool can't destroy it by herself, then she's going to lead it to someone (or something) who CAN.
>>
>>487604
Looks delicious.
>>
>>487604
As is the response to most threats my players just set it on fire
>>
>>487857
Oh Trick, are you bullying your players again?
>>
>>487951
>implying I stopped
>>
>>487604
Airstrikes...
>>
>>486554
Still mad we didnt go with the Queen.
>>
>>487990
Powergamer
>>
>>487604
Well, it's clearly some horrible fusion of magic and technology. I'm assuming that armor is enchanted to resist magical attacks. Depending on the environment in which the fight takes place, either totally fucked or not fucked at all.
>>
Hero Guardian Quest starts in one hour!
>>
>>487990
cry more Iovetta is superior to Melisande
>>
>>488178
>>488178
>>488178
HGQ is Live!
>>
>>469289
>>469289
>>469289

Diminutive Dungeon Delvers is updating again
>>
File: covertquest.jpg (1MB, 1425x1800px) Image search: [Google]
covertquest.jpg
1MB, 1425x1800px
Does this look alright?
>>
I've been thinking about the next cape world quest after Baron Bizarre finishes-and it will finish. I got a lot of ideas and I want to hear what you guys think.

What quest would you like to see next?

TAIYO SHOJO: Gritty and moody WW2 game about Japan's first magical girl. You fight a doomed war against the allies and their super humans. You can't save the empire, but maybe you can save your honor?

BLUE CRAB: Lighthearted submarine management game. You play as one of the US's most venerable supers and lead your team of aquatic supers on a mission to stop ghost pirates from plundering the ghost city of Atlantis.

MAGICAL WOMEN: You play as one of Japan's premier supers, a woman who has fought against the forces of darkness sense she was a little girl. Now she teaches and helps those that walk a similar path. A city has been targeted by shadow monsters made out of raw fear and fate has chosen young ladies to fight back. Ride herd and help thme girls resolve their rivalries and differences so they can save the day.

RAT PACK: You play as a hive mind of rats, some of whom have super powers. The powers on their own aren't impressive but when shared through the hive mind become devastating. A single rat can throw a spark. The entire pack can throw fireballs. You police the insane and complex sewers of NYC and have to deal with a robotic hive mind growing in the sewers...and the civil war it starts with itself. Zany and crazy. Anons will be able to control and role play their own individual rats. Think Rescuers and Secret of NIMH meet X-Men.
>>
>>488386
I'd be interested in Taiyo Shojo, htough Blue Crab sounds fun
>>
>>488386
>magical girls
why would you do that
>>
>>488386
>>TAIYO SHOJO: Gritty and moody WW2 game about Japan's first magical girl
Make her the first production model and you have a deal.

Then you have room for some horrible experiments and prototype girls before the MC was created. Then you can imply that the MC isn't actually a perfected product, and that something very bad might happen as her powers develop.
>>
>>488404
Because
>>488402
>>488409
People want it.
>>
>>488413
Question, will magical girls be a thing that has always existed throughout history, or some sort of artificial supersoldier like in the superhumans Uber?
>>
>>488419
Magic has existed throughout history but at very faint levels due to what is known as the "Atlantean Walls". Consult your back issues of Baron Bizarre for more information on the cosmology of Cape World.

Magical Girls started with Taiyo Shojo who may or may not be a desperate experiment created by imperial Japan to siphon off power from the native kami and create a weapon to counter American super soldiers.
>>
>>488386
Blue Crab sounds fun. Makes me think of what I pretend is happening aboard my sub in SH4.
>>
File: 62.png (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
62.png
18KB, 600x600px
>>488522
unDead Quest is back!
>>
File: hyperwar magica.png (4KB, 309x157px) Image search: [Google]
hyperwar magica.png
4KB, 309x157px
Hyperwar Magica is up

>>488814
>>
File: PSvar1.gif (904KB, 1854x936px) Image search: [Google]
PSvar1.gif
904KB, 1854x936px
Starship Idols is back once again.

>>488930
>>
Where's the best place to find images for my quest?
>>
>>488959
What's the subject matter?
>>
>>488966
Just in general
>>
File: 1280px-EKO_Cobra2.jpg (206KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-EKO_Cobra2.jpg
206KB, 1280x855px
>>488979
/wg/ if you're looking for quality, high-resolution images.
>>
>>488985
Most of those are too weird and not cute enough for quests
>>
>>489145
You could try pinterest.
>>
File: LURK MOAR.jpg (57KB, 606x495px) Image search: [Google]
LURK MOAR.jpg
57KB, 606x495px
>>488959
ok i'll assume you started using the internet yesterday.

do you want joke pictures, pictures you can use like smileys, pictures you can use as insults, or pictures of cute girls doing cute things?
>>
>>489435
>>489435
>>489435

Beleaguered Prince Quest is running again.
>>
Need one more vote for character selection!

>>488814
>>
Pending the resolution to a problem caused by the latest Windows 10 update, 'beware the hairless apes' will not run this weekend. apologies for the delay.
>>
>>489769
Lemme guess, Chrome isn't working.
>>
>>489812
All of the browsers arnt. I'm on mobile.
>>
>>487867
Soma?
>>
We Flying Dutchman captain now!

>>489890
>>
QM version of Misery by Stephen King when?
>>
>>490031
I had an anon years ago who kept asking where I lived so that they could suck my dick and all I could think of was Misery.
>>
>>490102
Fallguy?
>>
>>490031
I'd read it.
>>
>>489899
>Soma
Are you saying I'm an anime MC, or that you suspect that Anon of being me?
>>
>>490248
Nei
>>
File: 1442166422497.jpg (330KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442166422497.jpg
330KB, 1280x720px
>>490248

Neither, that actually describes Soma from Shokugeki no soma
>>
What does /qst/ think of spamming omake when no one is voting? I did it and made a 130000 word quest out of it.

Who here also does it?
>>
>>490348
Well, I plan on dumping a bunch of in-universe and out-of-character trivia (like reference explanations), "what happens to them now?" , and future plot hints once my quest ends.
>>
So I'm back with my quest, hoping that the floodwaters don't require another evac. We're told they shouldn't, so there's that. I'd love any participation.

>>490620
>>
I'm doing a thing. Need to get back into writing

>>485738
>>
>>490684
You in Louisiana bro?
>>
I'm running an AU of another quest, Melancholic Quest, after the QM and I talked a bit and she shared some early quest notes with me. We agreed that it'd be very interesting to see what would happen if those had been followed, and gave her blessing to me to try it.

>>483463
>>
So is that Halo quest ever gonna be a thing?
>>
>>490946
>Good Things
>Quests

Pick Juan.
>>
>>490969
Well, there was that Souls Quest from the first few times I came here, that guy just left. There was Hoovertown Horror, a Lovecraft-esque thing we had going on, he left too, last I heard his wife didn't like him up typing all night. Then there was a Fallout Quest with a trader that hasn't had anything is roughly 2 weeks and his twitter's gone quiet.
>>
File: Spatans.jpg (328KB, 971x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Spatans.jpg
328KB, 971x1500px
>>490946
Yes.

>Spartan II - Six-year-old son, child, loved one. Sixteen-year-old Corpse, Weapon, Tool, Machine, Human, Something else, Something More, One of the remaining Thirty-three. What you were is irrelevant. What you are is moving at near sub-sonic speeds into an "uninhabited" canyon. The insurrectionist have planted their roots in Loman's Canyon. Tear them out.

Sometime next week if I pick up the books and Get a name. Calling it Spartan quest is lame
>>
>>491000
What about "We Die Young"?

I've been on an Alice in Chains binge over the past week, so their song names are stuck in my head.
>>
>>491005
"We Die Young" would describe the Spartan IIIs better. Spartan IIs usually get to live way longer comparatively.
>>
>>491005
>Spartans
>Dying
Lmao

I'm fully prepared to kill the MC
>>
>>491009
Maybe it's not in reference to the Spartans at all, but rather everything and everyone around them.

Or maybe it's about the loss of innocence and sheer, soul-crushing brutality of war.
>>
>>490990
I know. I know all too well. I'm just being facetious.
I never got caught up with ignoble darks stuff enough to participate and now that I have he's dead. That stung. Bioweapon is back but who knows for how long. Crusty is still absent and Soma is doing family things and the second best fanfiction this board has. Nanosuit Mercenarys QM is dealing with IRL stuff, Dark Spirit is dead, Beacon Hunter looked like it had potential but the QM is silent on twitter, and I can say the same for at least two others that went last month. At least Trick and Beleaguered aren't dead, I guess. Trick is more like a consolation prize though.

>>491000
>>491011
Fucking better. I like anime and magical girls but I need some variety in my quest diet.
>>
>>490348
Almost at the end of each of my threads, since thread 2, I've been trying to add "bonus pics" at the post linking to next thread.
>>
File: invaded isekai.png (3KB, 228x150px) Image search: [Google]
invaded isekai.png
3KB, 228x150px
PREMISE - "INVADED ISEKAI"

"Your name is Daniel Moore, a law-student dropout and you're actually doing pretty well. You are the 20 year old Duke of Agivel and Prince-Consort to the Queen-Regnant Eleanor I of the Kingdom of Zebeteron, who is also an Electress of the continetally-based Holy Rosine Empire. With the gigantic protective moat of the sea surrounding your kingdom and the northern wilds beyond being nothing more than the home of savage forest-dwelling brutes too weak to even raid, your Queen's Kingdom is pretty safe from any external threats.

You are also a massive philanderer. It is an open secret, even in court, that your true lover is the humble maid Alexandra and it seems that your deviant practice of forcing the Queen to watch as you fornicate her in the Royal Bedchamber has escaped the confines of where it belonged. However, being a hero of the land, Parliament complained to no avail and the Queen herself was in such a state of turmoil she couldn't stop her descent into depraved nightly carnal humiliation.

With the recent birth of your bastard son to Alexandra, you almost lost your head, both of them, but your great fortune prevented it from happening.

Now, even the Queen herself is with your child and she has come to understand her role in your grand design; being the greatest piece in the construction of the new House of Moore.

And indeed, you had even recently fertilized the Countess of Olbirch, from the Empire, with the Queen's full assistance in fact.

The seed of Moore was to spread through the continent.

Unfortunately, talk of invading little green yellow men who drained the life of the Empire as they they began the invasion has just proven to be more of an itch to your pants."
>>
>>491140
excuse me? You got some good setup, but I'm a little lost on what the near future contains for the premise.
>>
>>473128
To what degree is description of sexual nature allowed on this board and to what extent is it considered acceptable by the community?
>>
>>491184
in a nutshell you're allowed to have smut in a quest but not a smut quest.

Personally, I think writeworks are fine while images have to be linked offsite.
>>
>>491140
This sounds like trash to be honest.
>>
File: allanah_ewan.jpg (63KB, 251x397px) Image search: [Google]
allanah_ewan.jpg
63KB, 251x397px
Doing a low fantasy spy quest. I've been working for days designing my own setting for this, I hope you enjoy! Feedback is always appreciated.

>>491319
>>
>>491140
This is a joke right?
>>
File: The Hero.png (7KB, 868x443px) Image search: [Google]
The Hero.png
7KB, 868x443px
>Still cannot think of a prompt related to superpowers
Fucking hell
Should I give up and run a One Punch Man quest instead?
>>
>>491412
What are you trying to do? Have you looked at any of the Cape World threads from /tg/. There were a lot of good ideas in them.
>>
>>491412

>You have to lift a block of debris. Do you:
>>Lift it with your hands
>>Lift it with your mind
>>Turn into a creature with the strength to lift it
>>Convince/mind control somebody stronger to lift it
>>Build a machine that can vaporize it
>>Eat it
>>Chop it into many pieces
>>
File: I do not like that meme.png (223KB, 346x374px) Image search: [Google]
I do not like that meme.png
223KB, 346x374px
>>491430
>I've been so long in this pit that I forgot about the board for CYOA inspiration
What is wrong with me?!
Anyway, I was trying to run a quest about stickmen with superpowers, I know how to make the powers, but I dont know how to introduce them properly
>>491431
Well atleast that's a good example, but I was thinking of making the power selection more CYOA

Thanks
Should I run a One Punch Man quest?
>>
>>491435
Here's an idea: make the game, or atleast the first part of the game, about figuring out how your powers work.

Say you've been told by an alien/ghost/god/inner voice that you have powers.

But you don't know what they are.

The first thread is all about experimenting with the MC's friends and finding out what he/she can do.

Another idea comes from the Cape World stuff. The Bloodclan were a race of super powered beings that organized into castes based on powers. Their space ships were incredibly low tech because they were all powered by superhumans. Energy manipulators were the weaponry. Psychics were the navigation. Superman-like characters were the engines and commanders.Their technology is somewhat stagnant compared to other races because they create technology to supplement societal roles. The psychic caste isn't going to allow computers to take their jobs for instance.

You could make the MC a Bloodclan kid who is about to reach the age where he starts developing super powers-and he ends up developing a strange and unusual powerset. Either he's a genetic mutant manifesting something his people has never seen before-or he's the bastard of some unlawful breeding.

Another idea is to make the MC an armor hero like Iron Man or Steel. He can have any power-just so long as he doesn't break the bank creating and installing the new super gizmo in his armor. It's sure to attract the anons interested in planning stuff.

Are these of any help?
>>
I'll be running Misery and Salt in about one or two hours if there's still people interested in that, might be a short one.
>>
File: Frieza.jpg (22KB, 404x462px) Image search: [Google]
Frieza.jpg
22KB, 404x462px
>>491460
>Are these of any help?
Yep, the first one is great for me
Thanks m8, you're waifu is great and so you are
>>
>>488178
>>488178
>>488178
HGQ Continues for anyone interested.
>>
How do quest?
>>
>>491662
Go to suptg, read a quest pertaining to a subject you like
>>
Can't run my quest because computer is down and I still can't get it to work leaving me on mobile, The quest I've mainly been following has been down for about a week with sadly no word from the QM, Rent is going up so I'm getting slower internet soon, and one of my toenails just split in half. At what point does quest recommend shouting curses to the sky in outrage?
>>
>>469289
>>469289
>>469289

Diminutive Dungeon Delvers resumes updating.

Now with patch notes and fixes to the characters
>>
>>491662
Just do it
You have nothing to lose
>>
>>491662
Here are the steps on how to quest:
>1
Pick a topic and general theme.
>2
Create some basic characters, including an MC (avoid calling the MC "Anon", no real person would be called "Anon")
>3
select a good time for a run
>4
Start your run and pray.

Hopefully your quest will get off the ground.
>>
>>491866
Misery and Salt is go.
>>
Launching "Vereingjar Quest" in 2.5h, that is 23:00 UTC+0. Hope to see some of you there, been working on this for a while.

Fresh twitter: https://twitter.com/QuestMasterCzac
>>
>>491908
I'll check it out.
>>
Yankii Reform Quest will be runnin' in 1-1.5 Hours!
>>
Running Modern Inquisitor Quest tomorrow, 1pm (UTC:8.00) / West Coast USA time

See you all there!

https://twitter.com/Leave_QM
>>
File: Vereingjar Quest.png (2MB, 1560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Vereingjar Quest.png
2MB, 1560x1200px
>>491908
Okay so we're live! >>492711
>>
File: 26036981.jpg (108KB, 467x800px) Image search: [Google]
26036981.jpg
108KB, 467x800px
I've been meaning to run a super sentai quest for a while now and I just finished a first draft for the mechanics I plan to use. I wrote them down here together with a very short sample battle and sample heroes, feedback on the crunch is appreciated.

My hope is that the Dice Pools as resources that are generated through cheesy acting will encourage players to suggest courses of action that will really make it look and feel like a Saturday morning sentai show.

http://pastebin.com/QV8ESGS5
>>
What's the character limit for this board?
>>
>>492808
>>
>>492813
That's a little bit low. Oh well.
>>
>>492820
for your own sanity, don't compose longposts in the comment box. paste them in from a text editor.
>>
File: 1470029303695.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1470029303695.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
After a billion years I'm live again

http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-age/4P7nzMogBzBPFjd4R/merchants-elves-and-quillbacks-oh-my/QTxN5saigzeoRrKvM
>>
>finished writing the first couple of opening posts
>it's too late to start running
>realize it took me forever to write them and what follows would be much worse
>realize I'll never have the guts to run
Thanks for subscribing : )
>>
File: 1468462034725.png (234KB, 286x345px) Image search: [Google]
1468462034725.png
234KB, 286x345px
>>493027
Just do it

You literally have nothing to lose
>>
File: 1.3.png (2MB, 960x1359px) Image search: [Google]
1.3.png
2MB, 960x1359px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/27-games-of-the-damned/D82dK4ZfwpuanPYpE
>>
>>493027
I can only speak for myself but whenever I write something the beginning is always the hardest part.

Once things get moving it might get easier.
>>
>>493027
Once you run, player input is going to get your gears going.
>>
File: Stannis Baratheon.jpg (27KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Stannis Baratheon.jpg
27KB, 600x450px
“I'll give you an edge no other force in the world possesses,” you promise the man.

Stannis quirks an eyebrow. “I'm listening.”

“What if I promised you a weapon that could fire a chunk of metal faster than a trebuchet and straight through an enemy ship or combatant?”

Stannis frowns. Shit, you're losing him.

“I promise you, with a bit of charcoal, some sulfur from these very mountains –”

“And bat guano? Yes, Mannis promised much the same from self-produced flash powder.”

“Flash powder?” you ask, recoiling a bit. Stannis practically growls in annoyance to his red witch.

Melisandre produces a bag from within one of her sleeves. She decides to go the extra mile and toss a pinch of the contents in the air, snapping her fingers as a small explosion erupts, causing you to flinch and take a step back. Stannis's eyes barely twitch while Cressen almost convulses. After the blinding flash is over Cressen stares across the table at her angrily.

“A fine trick,” Melisandre comments. “And it is impressive you know the secrets to its creation – I believed that sacred knowledge limited to the alchemists of Asshai. But it will make poor use as a weapon of war.”

You turn around and look to Mannis for salvation. He wears an awkward frown that speaks to his sorrow at disappointing you.

“Sorry, mate. Had a lot of free time – I know how to make black . . . flash powder. I know how it's works. Or, well, how it's supposed to work. But it just doesn't. Not here. I've played with the formula countless times. It doesn't . . . ignite the same, for some reason.”

“How?” you ask incredulously.

He shrugs. “I can't explain shit. Magic or something?”

You look back to Stannis. He drums his fingers, irritation setting into his features as you hear the grinding of his teeth. Alright, plan B.

“I know who Jon Arryn's killer is!” you exclaim.

“So do I,” he responds immediately. “Lord Petyr Baelish. And he attempted to leverage the situation to start a war between House Lannister and House Stark. Despite neither you nor Mannis having proof, I believe it. But you bring me nothing new.”

“If you invade King's Landing by sea –”

“Davos loses his son, me my fleets and armies. Yes, more blind faith prophecy. You speak to me of a future that may no longer come to pass due to your own attempts to prevent it. At the very least Melisandre speaks of things destined to occur. Although,” Stannis looks to her and squints hard. She has a knowing smirk still dancing upon her lips as their eyes meet. “I'm starting to doubt that claim as well.”

“Perhaps the spear is just that?” Melisandre offers with a shrug. “Maybe you should take that and be done with it.”

This is a promotional stunt 4 my quest.
>>
>>493206
What absolute twaddle.
>>
Yankii Reform Quest is GO!
>>477919
>>477919
>>477919
>>
>>492766
>opposed rolls
>constant back and forth rolling as numbers go down

It's both slow and only slightly less even than coin tosses. Put less focus on dice rolling and more on what actions to take with every post.
>>
>>493206
i have very little interest in GoT but this seemed aight
>>
What does /qst/ think of "Long Beta Uprising Quest"?

The premise:

You are part of a conspiracy hatches on /r9k/ which had sworn to each other to destroy society and rebuild it anew in your images, no matter how low it would take nor how arduous the path would be. The plan all of you followed was to study hard and long, reenrol whenever you dropped out, to acquire as many skills as possible.

Having finally graduated, the conspiracy rewakens for you, the self-declared ringleader. Fellow /robots/ are deep in positions inside the government, including social services, intelligence and even the military.

This wretched world is ready to be punished at your command.
>>
>>493686
Sounds like fucking shite.

Run it.
>>
>>493686
Terrible.

Run it immediately
>>
>>493686
>Anything remotely related to /r9k/

Absolute trash. Still better than the majority of quests here. But you'll probably run it anyway.
>>
File: 1467904166421.jpg (56KB, 504x792px) Image search: [Google]
1467904166421.jpg
56KB, 504x792px
>>493686
>>
/qtg/, what do you do when every QM whose quest you've followed has been inactive for months or even years and you just have no energy to find new ones that fit your tastes?

Things were dry for me before the board split and now it's just dead.
>>
>>493731
Start several quests of your own

RIP Golem Knight Quest
>>
>>493731
I read archives of good quests. Multiple times.

I could probably plagiarize several by memory now that I think about it.
>>
>>493731
I'm still waiting on Quest for Arcadia, Lessons in Knighthood and To Be Human to return.
>>
>>493746
But then you realise you can never top the majesty that is Anal Prolapse Quest.
>>
>>493985

Get back to your own quest Grimsley.
>>
>>493919
It makes me happy that there are others who still remember that.
>>
File: Xenofis.jpg (102KB, 521x907px) Image search: [Google]
Xenofis.jpg
102KB, 521x907px
>>493731
I still check his tweeter everyday.
>>
>>494028
This hurts my soul.
>>
File: BugsBunny.jpg (75KB, 800x775px) Image search: [Google]
BugsBunny.jpg
75KB, 800x775px
>>494000
Shit. Sorry 'bout that.

I shoulda taken a left in Albuquerque.

Packed it up and put it in the right place.
>>
Is there an offsite archive for /qst/ the way tere is for the other 4chan pages? Something like desuarchive rather than sup/tg/
>>
File: file.png (31KB, 877x193px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
31KB, 877x193px
>>494131
>>
>>494136
Is there a reason this piece of shit doesn't have a search function?
>>
>>494131
Archived.moe works, it even has a search function (for select boards at least)

There's also Yuki.la but there's no search
>>
>>494140
cheers
>>
File: henrietta_zero.jpg (39KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
henrietta_zero.jpg
39KB, 225x350px
Premise

You are a 20 year old boy who attends university.
At 1'o clock in the, an unmarried Duchess-regnant suddenly descends upon your bedroom, with the ability to speak English.

You wonder how your morning will go.

Pic somewhat relevant although she is a queen
>>
Want to join a quest that was voted 29 on the This is not a true ending archive? Then you are in the right place! Come in and join one of the most popular quests as we crash a classic movie and wreak havoc! >>491148
>>
>>491319

Goose Tips and Drunken Quips is back up!
>>
>>473128
T̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶s̶
>>
So I was reading the archives.

Is Homeless Mutant Quest still ongoing or?
>>
>>494460
QM has been radio silent for months.

So not confirmed dead but on indefinite hiatus.
>>
2h before Misery and Salt runs again.
>>
I got my computer fixed. But now I'll need a week to regather pictures and write the opening post.
>>
>>494311
You should ask for a review from Cosmic/GeneSmith, it's bound to be helpful and positive.
>>
What is your opinion on Flashbacks?
>>
>>494678
It would be nice if Cosmic reviewed it, his reviews are amazing.
>>
>>494699
He is cool. He is the fastest man alive.
>>
File: DUCE DUCE DUCE.webm (261KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DUCE DUCE DUCE.webm
261KB, 1280x720px
Hey /qst/, LGA2 is now running.

>>>/tg/48918864
>>
File: 69.png (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
69.png
15KB, 600x600px
>>494927
Updating!
>>
>>491866
here we go again.
>>
Vereingjar Quest live in an hour (22:00 UTC+0)!
Second session, first thread.

>>492711
>>
>>491478
Glad I could be of help.

>>494460
What exactly was that one about? I've heard great things about it. Was it like a cape quest or were we more

>>494311
>>494678
>>494729
May I review your quest?

And of COURSE my reviews are excellent! I'm the best reviewer ever, I'm Reviewanon I'm (insert second name here to make the reference work), I'm from their cloth, my style is impetuous, my explication is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart I want to eat your anons PRAISE BE TO VELO.

Oh god I'll never be as good as Reviewanon what's wrong with me

Also running Sibella Quest on /tg/ if anyone is interested. >>>/tg/48919588
>>
>>495278
>What exactly was that one about? I've heard great things about it.
It's something you would probably need to read at least 26 threads to really see how good it is. Good characters, interesting powers, the lot.

By the way glad you moved to /tg/. It's easier to participate there.
>>
>>495301
>Easier to participate there

I find it easier to run a quest on /qst/ because I can fuck off from a quest for hours and come back to it but /tg/ quests move a LOT faster which is good if you're doing a dialog and interaction heavy quest.

Both /qst/ and /tg/ have their positive and negative qualities.
>>
>>495278
What quests are on the list?
>>
>>495330
Oh man, quite a few. But the immediate "to do" list is:

1.Yankee Reform Quest Reboot
2. Shinobi Quest (volume 1)
3. Northern Beasts Quest

As usual its tentative. In the extreme. If someone asks me to do a short new quest it would likely jump to the top of the list.
>>
>>495385
>3. Northern Beasts Quest
Careful with how long you take with that one. Moloch runs quite a bit. Before you know it'll be pretty long. Every week you delay 4 active sessions (1 full thread) get added to the archive.
>>
>>495411
Oh yeah, this. Moloch is a machine when it comes to running.
>>
>>495685
>>495685
>>495685

Relic Quest is up and running. We're doing the beach episode today.
>>
File: 2.2.png (961KB, 784x800px) Image search: [Google]
2.2.png
961KB, 784x800px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/27-games-of-the-damned/D82dK4ZfwpuanPYpE
>>
File: 1463784999893.png (309KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1463784999893.png
309KB, 728x546px
Been live for a hour or two or is it three? Now we on a rescue mission snake

http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-age/4P7nzMogBzBPFjd4R/merchants-elves-and-quillbacks-oh-my/QTxN5saigzeoRrKvM
>>
File: 1458765906637.jpg (228KB, 640x879px) Image search: [Google]
1458765906637.jpg
228KB, 640x879px
HAVE There been any good BloodBorne or similar type quests?
>>
The Bizarre Adventures of Victory is now live
>>496353
>>
>>496302
Northern Beasts has taken inspiration from it and Dishonored.

That's all I can think of though.
>>
Does anyone know why my ID constantly changes? I use a name with all post, but it's worrying me. I'm posting from a mobile is my guess.
>>
>>496365
Yeah if you lose and regain connection to your mobile network you'll have a new ID.
>>
Okay, serious question.
Is there any way to get character images without wading through pages and pages of anime girl pornography?
>>
>>496416
Refine your fucking search chimp, or use a better engine.
>>
File: ShotgunGuy.jpg (118KB, 736x952px) Image search: [Google]
ShotgunGuy.jpg
118KB, 736x952px
>>496416
Look for 'character art' instead of anime pictures.
>>
>>496416
Just use /tg/ character art threads, that's where you find all the good stuff :^)
>>
Long Beta Uprising Quest is up: >>496437
>>
>>496456
This is actually accurate in spite of the sentence modifier.
>>
>>495278
Homeless Mutant Quest was about a young homeless mutant living on the streets of New York in a slightly more anti mutant Marvel Universe just trying to survive.

Drugs. Hatred. A checkered past. Hunger. These are our enemies at first...then we slowly got involved in capeshit and became a hard ass muggafucker.
>>
>>496416
Add concept art to the end of any search or Portrait

Works almost everytime 90% of the time
>>
File: party fleeing a battle.gif (74KB, 825x600px) Image search: [Google]
party fleeing a battle.gif
74KB, 825x600px
New Whirlpool Quest thread

>>496503
>>496503
>>496503
>>496503

It's so nice to have gotten this far, will the protag be able to conclude the plot within one thread?
>>
Need votes for chargen!
>>496437
>>
>>474284
>whether you're a player or a QM; what quest ideas would you like to one day run/play?

A bunch, all of them rip offs of other stories of various quality:

1 - "Jericho" redux: an average small town face an apocalypse and faces the consequences.

2 - "Island in a Sea of Time"/"1642" redux: an average small town in thrown back in time (or to the future, or to another world) and faces the consequences.

3 - "Gate" redux: Haven't seen the manga or anime; I've heard the anime sucks and the author is a Make-Japan-Great-Again ultra-nationalist and the show is basically Japan-Wank in generic fantasy world #34923. Still, the premise still sounds intiguing: portal(s) to some other world open across the world. What would happen after that?

Which one of these scenario sounds most interesting to you?
>>
>>497020
Because I'd feel bad if no one responded to you I'll say that none of them are really striking, as premises alone.
>>
>>497020
It all depends on execution. Heck, if you feel like it, you can do all at once.
>>
What're QM's experiences of running quests with multiple player characters? Are there good systems to make it work or is it not worth the hassle of tracking?
>>
>>497272
I run a quest with two MCs right now. And a third potential MC the characters have yet to play. Its pretty easy. A good system would be having a system that isn't that complex. If every character has like, three to four things they get a bonus on and that's it it's much easier to run multiple MCs.
>>
>>497272
Personally I just go do the classic MSPA-style perspective switch. I've only begun using it since Thread 10 of my quest though.
>>
New Dark Gate Academy thread is now live!
>>497408
>>497408
>>497408
>>
File: 1471449439329-1.jpg (2MB, 1988x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1471449439329-1.jpg
2MB, 1988x1453px
Ayo I'll probably maybe hopefully find the time and energy to do the Halo Quest Thursday

I was wondering something tho

Would people prefer an accelerated start in which I just leave some prompts to determine your skills and get into the action?

Or because of the fact that Spartan training is like a whole ten year intensive program do a thread dedicated to that and then the mission?

Or just start with the mission and assuming you don't get snack barred by Innies do a flashback sequence to your training/abduction and shit after the mission? It'd probably be like that for a while with mission then flashback to important t training section
>>
>>497452
I'd prefer the accelerated start, just get right into the action immediately
>>
>>497452
do republic commando thing and have the ten years of spartan training be a series of short flashbacks
>>
>>496416
Don't search for female knights or Warriors or female anything
>>
>>497452
The second one because it'll br hard to care about literal who's plus it gives the MC a personality beyond Operator-Kun
>>
>>469289
>>469289
>>469289
Diminutive Dungeon Delvers is updating again
>>
>>498111
But what if I have female characters?
>>
>>499037
Pity.
>>
File: F-14 hanger.jpg (309KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 hanger.jpg
309KB, 1000x667px
Pilot quest is now running!

>>499203
>>499203
>>499203
>>
How much should I know about guns if I want to write an MC who primarly uses guns? What are some good quests with guns in them?
>>
>>499346
>How much should I know about guns if I want to write an MC who primarly uses guns?
Get the basics right at least, like not confusing a clip for a magazine. Most quests follow action movie fight logic anyway, and I don't think any quest really goes /k/-level tacticool on their guns.

>What are some good quests with guns in them?
You mean good quests that have guns in them, or a good quest that primarily features and focuses on guns?
>>
>>499357
>You mean good quests that have guns in them, or a good quest that primarily features and focuses on guns?

Both are okay.
>>
>>499363
>good quests that have guns in them
A lot of quests have guns. Deniable Assets Quest, most of Merc Command's stuff, pretty much everything modern to near/far future has guns. However, these quests treat the guns the way an action movie would, merely as a tool to let the MC fight. You won't find an entire post dedicated to the MC's new Saiga-12 with grenade launcher, shotgun, folding stock, all that /k/ stuff.

>good quest that primarily features and focuses on guns
Don't know any quests that do this. Sorry man.
>>
>>499346
>>499357
>>499363
>>499390
Let's discuss pre-WWII /k/ stuff, I was planning on having shitloads of cool guns for Bomber to collect in her Quest this coming weekend.

I recently discovered the Pedersen device which allows a quick conversion of a bolt-action Springfield 1903 into a 40 round semi-automatic rifle.
>>
>>499037
Suffer
>>
>>499400
I'd recommend Forgotten Weapons on Youtube, if you're looking for some inspiration, he covers a lot of early 20th Century and interwar designs ranging from the obscure to the downright bizarre.
>>
File: FN_Browning_IMG_1533.jpg (1MB, 3382x2257px) Image search: [Google]
FN_Browning_IMG_1533.jpg
1MB, 3382x2257px
>>499424
I'm gonna binge it later on. I'm mostly going for stuff that looks cool enough aesthetically while also having one makes enough sense from the perspective of 1939 in a dieselpunk universe (I strive for historical accuracy) The weapons themselves don't have to be too wacky, they just have to be cool.

For example, I really love the look of the FN Mle 1930, which is essentially one of the export versions of the Colt Monitor (the civilian/law enforcement model of the M1918 BAR).
>>
File: flatsidecarbine.jpg (13KB, 881x189px) Image search: [Google]
flatsidecarbine.jpg
13KB, 881x189px
>>499440
A C96 Carbine might be something to consider. They were a super-limited production run of the C96 with a full stock and long barrel. I believe the Luftwaffe played around with them a bit.
>>
>>499464
That's so stupid that I love it. It's almost stupid as the C96 or the Luger chambered for .45 ACP (both of them)
>>
Resuming with The Bizarre Adventures of Victory now
>>496353
>>
>>499440
It's not particularly obscure but I'm a big fan of the Pedersen rifle. Just watching the toggle action work when it's fired is interesting, even if the weapon itself isn't exactly best in field.

The Farquhar-Hill Rifle is also an interesting WW1 design. Really interesting dieselpunk aesthetic. There's also the Huot which is an extraordinarily goofy looking Canadian AR design, also WW1 vintage though.
>>
>>499481
I actually saw a video of the Pedersen rifle on youtube, called it the rifle version of the Luger. I'm not surprised with the way the action works.

>>499481
The Johnston LMG (not to be confused with the M1941 Johnson) is dieselpunk as fuck too. Too bad I can't find much info on it.
>>
>>499505
Isn't the Johnston basically just a slightly different Lewis though? Or is there another Johnston LMG out there?
>>
>>499515
There's a variant without the cooling shroud on it that I really like the look of.
>>
>>499518
That does look pretty neato actually, though I can't help but feel that huge muzzle break would lead to some nasty barrel flexing during sustained fire.
>>
>>499525
The Muzzle break is to maintain the balance of the weight without the cooling shroud. Without that, I think the recoil would be fucking intolerable.

It's kind of like a really big Cutts Compensator.
>>
>>499540
Yeah, I figured, just wouldn't expect much from it accuracy wise after an hour or so of combat firing, knowing how badly early air-cooled MGs did with heat management when they had their shrouds removed. Wouldn't be surprised if that variant was envisioned for aerial use, which would get around those issues for the most part.
>>
>>499548
According to wikipedia, it actually has a forward handgrip ahead of the receiver, which tells me it may have been intended in some part to have been used as an infantry weapon in some capacity.

There's really not a lot of information on the Johnston so I'm just speculating.
>>
>>499554
As am I, sadly a lot of the design specifications, intentions and whatnot for interwar and WW1 prototype weapons were lost or just never written down in the intervening years.
>>
>>499554
>>499576
WW1 WepEngineer Quest when?
>>
>>499584
Never, anons would metagame way too hard. The whole appeal is blazing new trails for armaments, but I guarantee it would almost immediately devolve into "Hurr, we make an AR-15" and then either players get super butthurt when machining technology isn't up the to the level required for 60 year more advanced designs and the things break constantly or it breaks the setting as legions of French super soldiers walk across no mans land in EOD suits wielding ARs.
>>
File: Screenshots_2016-08-23-16-56-00.png (448KB, 1026x1282px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2016-08-23-16-56-00.png
448KB, 1026x1282px
It was just a prank, bro!
>>
File: MC overconfidence.png (289KB, 2009x867px) Image search: [Google]
MC overconfidence.png
289KB, 2009x867px
>>500083
Which quest was that from?
>>
>>500129
Iron Kingdoms, we are currently playing now if more interested.
>>499594
>>
How well do players take to facing an ambush by multiple boss-type opponents, and how do I properly set up an encounter for it? Like, "Very tough, blatantly lethal but fair" surprise?
>>
Dark Gate Academy is live once more.
>>500340
>>500340
>>500340
>>
So whats stopping you all from posting on /tg/ or anonkun?

The traffic here is abysmal
>>
>>500366
/tg/ too fast for slow writers
anonkun too smut/weeb

i'm probably gonna switch to anonkun
>>
>>500342
My players are currently trying to go full operator and rescue 3 dudes from 18 elves in a camp

The current line of thinking is to
A) Blow up the huge magical hole in the sky
B) Pick em off one by one if possible
C) Set literally everything on fore

With most ambushes it would be pretty easy for them as they have an option to just teleport some distance and then run

The last ambush they set up they used a trip wore Explosive and made short work of some guys chasing them

>>500366
I'd feel weird running on /tg/ even though there's nothing stopping me. Might run a one shot or two there. Might even do the Halo quest there as I probably won't be running it frequently

I also primarily use Akun already
>>
>>500367
I've been making the switch to anonkun myself

As a reader its much nicer being able to chat without the quest being up and before it goes live, some quests have about 20 people in them consistently even when they arent running.

However as a runner i still prefer tg just because people seem to want to play more and talk more for me there
>>
>>500373
Fuck off Kas, go shill on Reddit instead.
>>
>>500366
It just works, senpai.

Also /tg/ can go fuck itself.
>>
>>500379
You wot?
>>
>>500373
The talk more effect is real heavy, too. A thread that's only up for an hour or two getting 100+ posts, as compared to five to eight hours for the same here. Don't forget, it won't matter in the end.

>>500380
Because you're here forever one way or another.
>>
>>500383

Get yourself a discord if you want people constantly blabbing about your quest.
>>
>>500389
Not everyone has a /pol/ cult circlejerk following them around Trick.
>>
>>500394

>implying the fuckers in akun chat are better

Akun chat either invites retards or invites people to act retarded
>>
>>500397
What do you run?
>>
>>500403
You Awake in Westeros Quest.

Here's a spicy hot promotional tidbit:

“Thank you King Joffrey,” you offer half-heartedly. “This is more than I could have possibly hoped for,” you lie.

“Good. After court I expect you to out in the training yard, Lady Mira,” the King informs you.

You recoil , but manage to stifle the expressiveness of the action before it is misconstrued as an insult. “Your Grace?” you ask, confused.

“Oh yes, my lady. I have taken a liking to the crossbow myself. I invite you to accompany my training to gleam from you your technique.”

You blush. “Your Grace, I assure you – it was merely a lucky shot.”

“Nonsense!” Joffrey dismisses with a wave of his hand. “The royal master-at-arms himself could not land a more well-placed bolt.”

With that concluded, Joffrey sits back down, enjoying the success of his first court session. You admit . . . he didn't fuck up. Rejoining the crowds, Ser Jacelyn shuffles through the throngs to reach your side. Oh god this is going to be awkward.

The man -- your fiance -- is tall. Easily Jaime Lannister's height. He has a jaw like a lantern, a cleft upon his chin so large it is reminiscent of a pair of ass cheeks, and a prominent brow. Your eyes dip down to the ironhand he wears to replace the one he lost at . . . Pyke, you believe. During the Greyjoy Rebellion.

He opens his mouth to speak. You dread whatever . . . whatever comes out of his facehole.

He leans down and whispers. “I believe the King has quickly grown fond of royal decrees.”

“That seems to be so, Ser Jacelyn,” you concur with some rigidity. Your hands awkwardly find nowhere to comfortably place themselves.

He chuckles softly, as the herald beseeches the crowd to come forward with unheard business if they desire.

“I am no fool, my lady. A glorified guard captain and a cripple to boot fits no maid's dreams for a husband. Last month, I lazily watched an entrance to the city the smallfolk lovingly refer to as the 'Mud Gate'. Today, I find myself Captain of all two thousand gold cloaks and soon to be the Titular Lord of Harrenhal. And all this I received merely for doing my duty. Never fought a single man myself that night. Woe to the man who would go to the Gods admitting he was slain by a one-handed knight. You performed more admirably and with less cause than myself. I see no reason you must be saddled with a poor noble from a lesser branch when you are soon to have one of the richest holdings in all the kingdoms.”

Ser Bywater sighs out, mentally kicking himself as he gives up a claim on a powerful prospective future indeed.

“Give the king a month, perhaps two. Let him grow tired of sessions at court and the constant chattering of old men. When this proclamation becomes but a distant and hazy memory – a decision of a past self he barely remembers the reasoning for – beseech the King to call off the match.”
>>
>>500389
That's on the other end of the spectrum for blabbing, though. Maybe not for all quests, but I know from experience an IRC/discord can cause problems or be perceived as one, I've only used a few that do it right but it really depends on the playerbase.

>>500403
The Island and You Awake in Westeros. The first is an RPG-like adventure on a magical island, the latter is anon insert fanfiction. They're both pretty good in spite of their wangolier QM.
>>
>>500417
One of the big issues with IRC/Discord is that not all the playerbase is going to bother with it.

And if the IRC/Discord start making plans for the quest proper the rest of the playerbase is left out of the loop potentially causing a divide.
>>
>>500366
>>500367
>>500373
Considering restarting on Akun

I've got a load of new ideas that have revitalized the direction of my quest. The thing that's putting me off is that I might not get many players, but I reread it and barely had more than 3 most of the time anyway.
>>
File: PicsArt_04-14-02.02.55.jpg (21KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_04-14-02.02.55.jpg
21KB, 425x283px
>>500408
>>
>>500598
On anonkun you'll have more than 3 players guaranteed just because of curiosity

Probably about 15-20 on a regular quest and anywhere up to 30 for an anime one
>>
>>500702
It also depends highly on your skills as a QM and a writer.
PoP has 60 people at the very minimum (usually more) each session, and it's not anime at all.
>>
>>500708
Yeah really good writers exceed those numbers by far, thats just the bog standard for meh ones
>>
File: Cpkazx_VYAAvC0C.jpg (4KB, 270x56px) Image search: [Google]
Cpkazx_VYAAvC0C.jpg
4KB, 270x56px
>>500702
I think in my first session I had like 15-20 fanfiction quests also get clout than again before mine most dragon aye quests just died after a session or two

Anime is guaranteed voters even more so than smut quests it seems
Then Fan fics
Then OC
In terms of genre atleast

Beyond that it's
>Run time
>Writing
>Setting
>Mechanics
>>
>>500723
You forgot one.

>Consistency
>>
>>500739
That too

Also it's always good to connect with your player base and meme the shit out of them
>>
>>500702
Although a good caveat is that usually only a third of the total viewer count ever votes. Unless it's a sex scene, in which case some people are gonna proxyfag. And the chat is usually either dead (if you have few players) or /b/-lite (if there's a lot of players or there's a shitstorm).
>>
>>501411
>or /b/-lite
It really depends. People like Storyteller who have a constant and dedicated platerbases usually have quite civil chats.
>>
Oh I forgot to link you guys, Magical Girl Bomber Quest is up and running.

>>501209
>>
>>500370
>>500342

I was thinking of a jacked-up version of Occupation of Arteria Carpals, with the power level disparity being much much bigger.
>>
>>500370
No, not making an ambush, but being ambushed.

https://youtu.be/zrRulzNwpe4
>>
>>500598
Don't, the community as a whole is complete shite.
>>
File: tegaki.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
6KB, 400x400px
COLONIAL SPACE POLITICS!

SPACE POLITICS!

>>501980
>>
Yankii Reform Quest is GO!!!
>>502078
>>502078
>>502078

For what it's worth where the thread is chillin' right now.
>>
The Bizarre Adventures of Victory is live again
>>502213
>>
COLONY ATTACK

COLONY ATTACK

>>502693
Thread posts: 797
Thread images: 154

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.