[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iron kingdoms Role play: Fantasy, Magic, Steampunk, Come roll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 398
Thread images: 89

File: battle2.jpg (105KB, 936x589px) Image search: [Google]
battle2.jpg
105KB, 936x589px
Welcome to the world of the Iron Kingdoms! A land full of magic, war, and adventure. This land holds many secrets and wonders, but be warned, the iron kingdoms are unforgiving. Together we will create a brand new story, you the posters will control exactly what happens to your hero or villain. You may find yourself being a powerful mage known as a warcaster with the ability to command large steam powered robots known as WarJacks. Perhaps your more in it for the coin, you like to be knee deep in the shit of things, and come out clean and rich on the other side. Maybe your just working your way through the army one corpse at a time. The choices are yours, who you are is your own design, but who you will become is all up to Iron kingdoms.
In this first part, players will have the chance to vote for their characters items, race, and background. Each choice will decide the roads you may take and where they lead.
Actions will also be determined by a roll of 2D6, 1's will take 3 points off the final number.
I will be online for many many hours today, if interest seems high enough we can have many sessions. About me, I am a D&D dungeon master who has been hired by Wizards of the Coast many times to professionally DM for conventions. This role play is based in the world and on the game Warmachine&Hordes by privateer press.

First vote is for starting nation, options:

Cygnar: A nation rich with resources and tech, they invented the key component to make warjacks function, as well as perfect tesla technology. Cyganr may be wealthy in its roots but its histroy is soaked in blood, and you dont get where you are today without burying a few people along the way.

Khador: With their origins set deep in Russian lore, they are a proud but poor nation, they are highly resource starved in a cold place. They make up for the losses in proud culture, strong men, and a will to survive

Menoth: In a world where god is a known fact, the protectorate of menoth follows and worships their god with absolute unshakable faith. The menite church believes the true path for men is to be cleansed in holy fire.

Cryx: A nation led by a dragon named Toruk, they are a diverse and powerful nation, unfortunately most of the nations inhabitants are undead thralls. But some find themselves working for the cryx with their souls intact.

Mercenaries: Outcasts of other nations, their loyalty is kept in hard cold iron and gold, they are led by powerful leaders and hold a honor code among themselves, but life for a mercenary is never easy, getting your hands dirty is just part of the day.
>>
>>499594
Mercenaries.

More freedom that way.
>>
>>499600
Welcome, welcome, lets see if we get some more people in here, stick around, you may hold all the power
>>
>>499594
Supporting mercenaries.
>>
File: mercs1.jpg (36KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
mercs1.jpg
36KB, 564x423px
>>499611
Mercenaries it is then! So next, why did you join the mercenaries? Being a mercnary is hard work and you don't just choose to have to fight for survival each day of your life, so something must have got you here, it may have been a falling out with your previous king, forsaken for your war crimes, born with powerful magic and exiled in fear. What makes you want to be a cut throat?
>>
>>499622
>Born with powerful magic.

Exiled and left for dead the mercenaries took us in and give us a purpose.

They're almost like family.
>>
File: mage1.jpg (79KB, 501x688px) Image search: [Google]
mage1.jpg
79KB, 501x688px
>>499629
Sounds good, any objections?
>>
>>499629
>>499636
Supporting also.
>>
File: warjack repair.png (2MB, 1600x659px) Image search: [Google]
warjack repair.png
2MB, 1600x659px
>>499639
Alright then, so now that we know how you got here lets get a little more in depth about your talents. Their are many types of magic in the iron kingdoms, such as nercormancy, blood magic, lighting, fire, then their are special powers such as Fell Calling which is the ability to effect reality with your shout, you also could have the super rare ability to control robots known as War Jacks with your mind, so what will it be?
>>
>>499648
>Fell Calling

Skyrim would approve.
>>
>>499648
I doubt we would be allowed to leave with the warjack ability, it being so rare.

Blood magic sounds fun. Scary enough to the average passion to warrant being an outcast.
>>
File: merc3.jpg (78KB, 550x725px) Image search: [Google]
merc3.jpg
78KB, 550x725px
>>499660
It could be a combination of the two, the warcaster ability may have came later, so fellcaller, some sort of death magic, or warcasting?
>>
>>499665
I'll back the fell calling, lots of possible variety in the future.

(By the way, are you running two identical threads out the other one kill?)
>>
File: cover image.jpg (503KB, 2000x1284px) Image search: [Google]
cover image.jpg
503KB, 2000x1284px
>>499671
The first one seemed to not be generating much, interest so I tried it again, this board doesnt let you delete your threads) Anyways, So fell calling is extremely powerful, as you grow you will learn many different shouts, some will shake the very earth, others may protect you from the laws of morality. So what race is our mercenary fell caller?

Human

Trollkin

Rhulic (dwarf)

Iosan (efl)
>>
>>499687
Humans

Maximum adaptability and an acceptable lifespan.
>>
File: thumb-58923.jpg (168KB, 400x566px)
thumb-58923.jpg
168KB, 400x566px
>>499687
Voting rhulic.
>>
>>499696
Actually I'm down with this.

Majestic beard aplenty.
>>
File: rhulic1.jpg (64KB, 489x626px)
rhulic1.jpg
64KB, 489x626px
>>499701
Dwarves are the sturdy and long-lived folk who hail from the northern nation of Rhul, a sprawling mountainous civilization based around extended family clans. Rhul is the longest enduring and stable civilization in western Immoren. Rhulfolk, as dwarves are commonly known, are stalwart in body and demeanor and generally optimistic about overcoming hardships or obstacles. They readily embrace mechanika, steam power, and manufacturing. They are relatively slow innovators but have shown superlative skill in adapting and improving upon these fields. Most dwarves take considerable pride in their individual areas of expertise, whatever that may be; performing good work is a core value of their culture. This has led to Rhul's reputation for fine crafted goods as well as exceptionally disciplined and professional mercenaries and soldiers Sounds good?
>>
>>499712
Sounds good OP.
Drink beer
Shout at things
Smack other things with hammers.
>>
>>499712
Fantastic. Even better with the family groups, because that means our whole community exiled us. Much drama.
>>
File: dealer.png (1MB, 1600x659px) Image search: [Google]
dealer.png
1MB, 1600x659px
>>499723
Sounds great, so now that we know who you are, lets talk about who you became, being in the mercenaries groups you have had to taken on a new set of skills. What will be your secondary career? Mechanic, engineer, soldier, assasin, alchemist, your choice.
>>
>>499731
Assassin

Because the dwarves are craftsmen we are rebelling against the norm.

Increase the drama if we ever meet our family again.
>>
>>499737
Supporting. An assassin is as far from a "professional soldier" as you can get.
>>
File: assassin1.jpg (351KB, 1169x1600px) Image search: [Google]
assassin1.jpg
351KB, 1169x1600px
>>499740
The cutthroat is an unrepentant killer who makes his living by preying on those weaker than himself. He might have learned his murderous trade simply surviving in the gloom-haunted streets of Blackwater, or he could be a black-hearted assassin, slaying targets at the behest of anyone with enough coin to pay his fee. Regardless of where he learned the finer points of murder, the cutthroat is skilled at stalking his victims and then striking a fatal blow from the shadows. Cutthroats associate with those who operate outside the law, and might band together with other nefarious rogues for a common purpose. Typically, cutthroats prefer to earn their livings by accepting payment for murder or by robbing the corpses of their victims. Some cutthroats accept employment as bodyguards or hired thugs for criminals with more wealth and power than themselves.
>>
File: gormen1.jpg (56KB, 622x644px)
gormen1.jpg
56KB, 622x644px
>>499744
If this sounds good, we will continue with choosing you initial loadout, such as weapons, gear and armor.
>>
>>499748
Sally forth!
>>
>>499748
Just joining the thread but assassin sounds good to me
>>
>>499758
Our assassin code name?
>The Bloody Midget.
>>
File: battle3.jpg (73KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
battle3.jpg
73KB, 600x706px
>>499758
So lets start with your chosen weapons of death, here is the full list, I can give full explanations of each, also welcome to the game!

Melee weapons first:

Assassin’s blade 10 gc Axe 8 gc Axe, great 25 gc Axe, horseman’s 20 gc Bayonet 5 gc Blasting pike 50 gc Blasting pike explosive head charge 1 gc Blasting pike spearhead, non-explosive 1 gc Caspian battle blade 20 gc Club 3 gc Club, banded 6 gc Cutlass 15 gc Dagger 5 gc Flail 15 gc Flail, two-handed 25 gc Halberd 25 gc Knuckledusters 5 gc
Kopis 15 gc Lance 15 gc Mace 15 gc Maul 20 gc Nyss claymore 30 gc Ogrun warcleaver 30 gc Pickaxe 15 gc Rapier 15 gc Shield 20 gc Shield, combat 35 gc Spear 15 gc Springblade 12 gc Staff 5 gc Staff, battle 12 gc Sword 12 gc Sword cane 15 gc Sword, great 20 gc Trench knife 10 gc Trench sword 15 gc War hammer, disregard the prices guys, my apologies.
>>
>>499766
Spring blade
Assassin blade
Sword cane

I consider these 3 a necessity.
>>
>>499766
I'm a sucker for knuckledusters so does anybody mind if we get those
>>
>>499766
Assassin’s blade (obvious choice)
&
Mace (for armored and unarmored victims alike)
>>
File: knife1.jpg (34KB, 332x545px) Image search: [Google]
knife1.jpg
34KB, 332x545px
>>499770
I like your thinking haha, lets see what everyone else thinks
>>
File: gear1.jpg (49KB, 445x602px) Image search: [Google]
gear1.jpg
49KB, 445x602px
>>499777
So for sure the hidden blade, do I hear two votes for the mace? sword cane? how about the good old knuckle dusters?
>>
>>499774
So
>Spring blade
>Assassin blade
>Sword can
>Knuckle dusters
>Mace

I'm okay with removing the sword cane so that leaves three.
>>499777

OP how many weapons are we supposed to choose?
>>
>>499781
Yes for knuckleduster, also sword cane
>>
>>499770
Spring blades are pretty, but less effective than a held dagger. Have you ever fought someone by swinging your while fore-arm?

Supporting mace, assassin's dagger, cane sword, knuckledusters. If we can get all 4.
>>
>>499785
This list looks good didnt see it before i posted
>>
File: weapon1.jpg (55KB, 812x398px)
weapon1.jpg
55KB, 812x398px
>>499785
I'd say three is good, you are a hearty fellow so you can hold the weight, so what three shall it be, so far is assassins blade, kuckleduster and mace
>>
>>499799
Well
>spring blade
>Mace
>Knuckle dusters
Is my vote.
Mace for unconcealed
Spring blade for concealed
Knuckle dusters for fisticuffs.
>>
>>499806
(Fighting against all known knowledge of melee combat.)

I'll support this choice to get the ball rolling.
>>
File: forge.jpg (95KB, 730x909px) Image search: [Google]
forge.jpg
95KB, 730x909px
>>499806
We will go with this list, now lets choose your ranged threat, out of this list pick 2, is you choose a gun with a blade attached remove one previous melee item.

Axe, throwing 12 gc Blunderbuss 30 gc Bola 5 gc
gear, MeChaniKa, and alCheMy
availability of goods This chapter covers an expansive list of goods that can be found across western Immoren. It does not cover complications such as scarcity or supply and demand. We encourage Game Masters to be as liberal or as strict with the items and prices found below as they prefer to meet the themes of their campaigns. Not all items are readily available everywhere. It can be hard to find a winter hat for sale in the deserts of the Protectorate at any price. Rare mechanika can seldom be found in a remote village unless said village boasts an arms firm or a retired arcane mechanik. Even in times of peace, the nations of the Iron Kingdoms engage in all manner of trade wars and embargoes against one another’s goods. Under such circumstances, characters need to get creative or travel far for what they want.

Bow 20 gc Bow, great 45 gc Bow, Nyss 35 gc Cannon-shield 45 gc Carbine 60 gc Crossbow 20 gc Crossbow, repeating 30 gc Grenade, concussion 20 gc Grenade, explosive 10 gc Grenade, smoke 5 gc Grenade, strangle gas 20 gc Gun axe 80 gc Hand cannon 100 gc Hand cannon, dual 250 gc Harpoon gun 35 gc Javelin 5 gc Knife, throwing 8 gc Ogrun battle cannon 85 gc Pistol 20 gc Pistol, holdout 15 gc Pistol, magelock 150 gc Pistol, repeating 35 gc Quad-iron 200 gc Radcliffe carbine 250 gc Rifle, long 50 gc Rifle, heavy 120 gc Rifle, magelock 200 gc Rifle, military 45 gc Rifle, repeating 80 gc Rynnish walking stick 40 gc Scattergun 40 gc Sling 5 gc Slug gun 40 gc Sword-cannon, repeating 100 gc Sword-cannon, heavy
>>
>>499806
I can get behind this
>>
>>499813
Rynnish walking stick?

If this doesn't count as melee then I vote this up.

Shoot them with a walking stick.
>>
File: khador1.jpg (179KB, 1234x720px)
khador1.jpg
179KB, 1234x720px
>>499813
My apologies about the poor pasting, I just dont want to retype that list, the actual game will be totally free form and on the spot.
>>
>>499813
Long rifle would be good for long range assassinations
>>
File: merc jack1.jpg (387KB, 636x583px)
merc jack1.jpg
387KB, 636x583px
>>499818
Very sleek and quick, but dose not quite pack the punch of its more military counterparts, a good choice none the less.
>>
>>499822
So
>rynnish walking stick
For up close and
>Long rifle
For afar
>>499825

OP if the long rifle has good enough range to be a pseudo sniper we'll take that.
>>
File: jacks1.jpg (54KB, 818x449px)
jacks1.jpg
54KB, 818x449px
>>499830
Popular among hunters, riflemen, and snipers, long rifles are cumbersome weapons but are extremely effective at long range.
>>
>>499835
Cool so we'll take what I listed here
>>499830
>>
File: cryx jack1.jpg (449KB, 928x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cryx jack1.jpg
449KB, 928x1200px
>>499830
Also, The Rynnish walking stick is a small firearm concealed within the haft of a cane. The weapon can be fired like a short-ranged rifle.
>>
How do yall feel about:
long rifle
holdout pistol (concealed)
>>
>>499841
I kinda prefer the walking stick
>>
File: battle1.jpg (304KB, 1116x716px) Image search: [Google]
battle1.jpg
304KB, 1116x716px
>>499838
Sounds good guys, glad your sticking with this, just a little more and we will throw you face first into the brutal land of the iron kingdoms
>>
File: menoth1.jpg (307KB, 1920x1200px)
menoth1.jpg
307KB, 1920x1200px
>>499845
Who votes for concealed pistol, and who votes for hidden walking stick gun?
>>
>>499838
>>499845
Walking stick it is.

spring blade
Knuckle dusters
Mace
Long rifle
Rynnish walking stick

>>499846
>>
>>499850
Glad you guys could come to a agreement, alright guys, one last thing and we will get this going, whats the name and gender for our fell calling classy assassin dwarf?
>>
>>499852
Zuth Stone-Shaper.
>>
>>499852
>>499858
Male
>>
>>499852
Zuth "shadowbane" Oakenmace.
>>
File: battle4.jpg (112KB, 716x872px) Image search: [Google]
battle4.jpg
112KB, 716x872px
>>499858
Do you know warmachine? that is very close to read characters, rune-shapers are well known trollkin earth mages..
>>
>>499864
No I didn't
>>499863
I'll go with this.
Sounds Nicer.
>>
File: dwarf2.jpg (39KB, 644x445px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf2.jpg
39KB, 644x445px
>>499863
Ok zuth, sounds good, last thing to determine is your age and starting gold, roll 1D6 and multiply it by 10 for your starting currency, also we need to determines zuths age.
>>
>>499863
This sounds good
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>499868
I propose somewhere around his 40s
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

(My last roll was a 1, should be safe.)

>>499868
I think 26 would be a good age considering we left home and became a known, skilled assassin.
>>
File: city1.jpg (111KB, 713x889px) Image search: [Google]
city1.jpg
111KB, 713x889px
>>499873
Everyone else please roll for your gold, ill be taking the average of these rolls. 40's sound good also.
>>
>>499873
Split for 30?
>>
>>499881
Sounds fine to me
>>
>>499881
Sounds good
Young enough to not be over being exiled

Old enough to have been in the game for a short bit.
>>
File: city2.jpg (83KB, 638x501px)
city2.jpg
83KB, 638x501px
>>499883
Alright guys, so you are zuth oakenmace, a middle aged dwarf cast aside from his clans and forced into a life of a cutthroat merc, you have a talent for fell calling, and a assorted list of weapons. you will start with 20 gold and will have a chance to buy a couple of things soon, are we ready to begin?
>>
>>499889
Let's do this.
>>
>>499889
Let's roll.
>>
>>499893
give me a few minutes and ill type up or first part, hope you guys have fun
>>
I'm heading off to bed guys, if this is still going in the morning i will join back in
>>
>>499914
Later mate.
>>
>>499914
Bye anon.
>>
Being born deep within the east Wyrmwall mountains, your parents knew you were different from the start. After a troubled birth you finally came screaming into this world, and scream you did, at such a young age you had no control over your fell calling powers and accidently sent a shockwave smashing through the caverns. The blast caused little to no damage but was enough to shake the entire room and scare all around. After much debate it was decided that you would be forced to leave when you came of age, and when that time came they were swift with tossing you out with nothing but the clothes are you back, a bag of bread, and a small stone axe. After many months of surviving on your own you came across a town known as Five fingers, a brual town full of whores, murder, coin. After making your way to the local tavern you overheard a group of men talking about orphans joining merc camps and being trained in the art of combat and the kill. This intrigued you so much you decided to set out and find one of these ccamps, and find them you did.

Whos camp did you join?:

Magnus: A powerful warlorde and engineer famous for his custom war jacks and armor, he also supports a mechanical arm and a wicked temper, what he loses in finanial value he makes up for in battlefield prowess.

Daminao: Leading a group of mercs known at the Stell Heads he is a confindent and kind camptain, he holds the coin, and assigns the missions.

Ashlyn: A very noble and loved female war caster, she has many men at her feet, she leads her troops with apsolute fury and revenge for her home land of llael (france)
>>
>>499926
Ashlyn
She knows magic right?

Maybe she can help with this whole shouting thing.
>>
>>499929
Supporting.
>>
>>499930
Ashlynn D'Elyse, born in the far west, was left for dead after her parents were killed during a freedom fight in her home town, she shows the talents for war casting and is a master swordsman. This was an obvious choice for you, after finding where she is camping you set out onto the open road heading to her encamplement. She was quick to accept you, and quicker to train you. You trained under master rifle men, even such legends as Kell Bacloch, a top class sniper and killer, you even took such a shine to him you started living life by his code: "all men are going to die someday, im just really good at killing them." you were quickly being forged into a powerful assassin, learning hand to hand skills as well as being a cunning marksman. One day during training you found your self crying out in the name of battle at which point you shook the trees and earth around you. Once your commander learned of this talent she was able to help you master your first true fell call.

Which call did you learn that day?

Rage Howler: Enemies flee in terror at the sound of your shout

Call of definace: You found the ability to wrap yourself in a protective sonic aura

Call of action: you have leaned to use your powerful voice to boost your own relfexes and speed.
>>
File: kell.jpg (43KB, 411x488px)
kell.jpg
43KB, 411x488px
>>499937
Also for visual appeal the is Kell. And his magic long rifle "Silence".
>>
>>499937
>Call of action.

An assassin must deal the maximum amount of damage in the shortest amount of time.

It also helps with running away if things get really bad.
>>
>>499937

Rage: great for crowd control after a failed assassination or clearing bodyguards from a mark.

Defiance: useful for combat and utility (diving out of vehicles, cushioning falls, etc)

Action: Improves combat but would alert our target. Good for running away.

I think defiance will be the most useful. We can win battles with careful planning.
>>
Good points guys, what will your first call be?
>>
>>499940
Your choice, I'll support action if you still want it.
>>
>>499944
>Defiance
We are an assassin so we might be a bit squishy.
>>
File: greygore.jpg (105KB, 722x913px)
greygore.jpg
105KB, 722x913px
>>499947
So the call of defiance! one of the most powerful shouts in all of western immoren. Twice per day you will be able to use all your might to defy your odds, with the act of defiance you will be under its power for one hour, it will grant you the ability to survive one fatal blow and keep on fighting. After learning and perfecting your first call you were feeling confident, you had head stories about the legendary fell caller Greygore Boomhowler, said to have known all the fell calls that are possible. You now felt as if you were ready for your first mission, after some discussion your head captain agreed to let you try your hand a low value target just to get your blade wet. Your target was Sylus Wyshnylar, a rouge elven mage with quite the taste for human blood, and worst yet he hadnt paid his gambling debts. You been assigned to infiltrate the town Forkton and find your target and take him out, if you are caught you will not be given mercy by the town guard.. Do you accept your first contract?
>>
>>499957
Accepted.

(So much lore. )
>>
>>499957
>I accept the contract.
>>499963
I'm actually a lore addict so this is fun.
>>
>>499966
(Me too, I just can't stop taking notes and this will be my 8th quest document this week. New to qst.)
>>
File: camp1.png (3MB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
camp1.png
3MB, 1920x1018px
>>499966
(Glad you guys are enjoying this, much to come)

With much confidence you signed your first contract, you had little information, but you atleast had a first step. Looking around at the other members of your guild you realize you may not be quite prapred for your first mission, you had a little bit of coin but not enough to get everything you really want. After finding a small trader in your camp you begin bartering for your first few pieces of gear.: Now not including the items you will have once we get to preasent day, pick three of these items to bring on your first quest.

Climbing kit: a 20ft rope, and metal claw

6 throwing daggers: crudely made but very sturdy, these daggers will surely fine their mark

old miliatry rifle: its seem some years but its cheap, stadard issue and for the most part in good shape

Bandages: either stabbed, shot, or burned alive, you will want to cover your wounds.

Small sword: not the biggest or sharpest, but still a nice piece of steel with a wicked edge and point

Revolver: not a bad looking little hand gun, this 6 shooter is sure to get the job done

Leather amror: it may not stop machine guns or jack fists but you sure will be glad its not just your old shirt.

Smoke grenade: maybe a little escentric, but who knows when you will need a field of dense cover.

Small shield: just big enough to cover your torse when raised, it makes a nice item in your off hand

Iron cuffs: you may be in the buisness of killing, but sometimes keeping someone still is a god send.

"So, what will it be small man, see anything you like?" he says in a rough but kind voice, he looks down at you will dark beady eyes under greasy grey hair.
>>
>>499969
I'm for the
>Climbing kit
>Smoke grenade
>Bandages
>>
>>499982
-Leather Armor. Protection while being relatively quiet.
-Bandages. Injury is inevitable.
-Climbing kit. You always need a rope.
>>
>>499982
OP

It seems we're getting this>>499992
>>
>>499989
Smoke grenades would be useful, but only 1 instead of armor we can use for a long time.

Unless you want to go full cloth-stealth ninja style Assassin?

>>499995
Alrighy then.
>>
>>499997
"i'll take the armor, the bandages and the clibming tools" you say swiftly. "Sounds good, ill just put in on your tab, he says as he laughs and hands over the items across the chipping old counter. You notice you he had the mark of a Khadoran man at arms on his arm, it seems he was once a powererful soldier in the red army to the north, not wanting to delay any further, you decide to head out about your away. As you make your way across camp a couple of thoughts begin to come to mind

"I may be better off if I had a partner for this one.."

"Maybe I should ask around to get a bit more information on my target.."

"I should probaly go ahead and get a good nights sleep before I head out.."

"Time is burning, ive wasted enough time, I need to head out now.."

What will it be friends?
>>
>>500007
>Ask around for some info.

We need to know how good he is and any habits he may have.

But no partners
>We work alone.
>>
>>500007
The rush of excitement at finally proving your training fills your veins. No one could sleep in this condition.

"Maybe I should ask around to get a bit more information on my target and the town he lives in."
>>
File: hunter.jpg (36KB, 353x569px) Image search: [Google]
hunter.jpg
36KB, 353x569px
>>500014
You decide that the best weapon for this fight will be knowledge, and you plan to be armed to the teeth. Your first instinct was to talk the quarter master Bartolo, he had assigned you the mark after all. Bartolo was a well aged ogrun, a type of monstrous humanoid, he always war a set of rusty plate mail and a great axe. Rumor says he could chop a warjack clean in half with one mighty swing, you had never seen him do it but you went going to ask him to either. He seemed to always be chewing something and talked in short thoughtful bursts. He was around 7 foot tall and had blue skin and deep set in eyes with scars to match. You approach his tent quickly and call outside the flap. "master, are you in?" you say in almost shout still trying to show a air of respect. you hear heavy foot steps as rain begins to lightly fall in the valley. "Come in boy" he says solidly and you immediately duck inside. You see he is oddly missing the top half of his armor and is infact not wearing anything but just his bottom plate, his lean and toaned body is riddled with silver streaks and gashes from countless past battles. Not wanting to waste anymore of the "mans" time you get down to buisness. "master, I was hoping to get a bit more inisght on my target.." he replies quickly with "smart thinking, what would you like to know?"

Looks, likes, and known features

last known whereabouts, and notable interactions

the current town hes in, and their ways

the road to the target town

nevermind, sorry to bother you.

why are you undressed?
>>
>>500036
>Looks,likes,and known features
>Current town he's in, and their ways

And if we can

>Last known whereabouts, and notable interactions.

Let's just ignore the undressed part.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>500041
Supporting. Also roll to seduce our "master"

Kidding, haha.
>>
File: ogrun1.jpg (34KB, 474x621px) Image search: [Google]
ogrun1.jpg
34KB, 474x621px
>>500041
"Sylus is one of those skinny prissy little elves, this one however kept is soul after the fall of the elven gods." he says roughly. "He has pale skin and a bald head, probaly wearin some sort of fancy robe" he spits and continues, "he has all sorts of magic tricks to pull, our scouts say he even has a way to shield himself from sight.. as for the town, its just a simple docking village, lots of trade, and the town gaurd is pretty small" he says looking around his tent for a unknown item "I think i have a few old contacts still out there is you think you need the help, other then that this is a pretty simple mission boy" he says as he takes a seat and begins polishing is war axe in his massive hands.

What do you do now players?
>>
File: lx7zC0g.jpg (96KB, 600x660px)
lx7zC0g.jpg
96KB, 600x660px
>>500048
A crit.. that may have taken a interesting turn
>>
>>500049
>Go now.

He has an invisibility spell?

Crap.
Now we have to get the drop on him or he might escape.
>>500048
Anon why?
You wasted a 20.
RNG is gonna screw us now.
>>500054
No...
That's not dramatic at all...
>>
>>500059
Thank him and let's grab a quick dinner before heading to the town.

(Waste a natural 20? I don't know what your talking about. Oh, look. It's raining. )
>>
File: download.jpg (932KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
932KB, 1000x667px
>>500060
After deciding you now know all you can, you set off on your first steps of your quest, you learn that the town is only about a 6 hour walk from here, and the light rain should keep you cool on the road. As you leave camp you take one last look at the place you have leaned to call home, you say a silent prayer to see it again and continue on your way. You begin your walk with the sun to your back and a fair cloud cover, the wind whips along the path lightly and it seems to push you along like an old friend. The rain makes small patter sounds on the dirt road and trees, combined with your heart beat, and own steps, this sounds like war drums to you. Being as pumped as can be, and a little nervous you have to admit you set in for a long path ahead. About three hours in you take a pinch of dry bread from a cloth and begin chewing it, it has a flaky texture but is lightly sweet and rather pleasent. You take a look around you, you see a few sattered farm houses but no real life to be noted. The continues in a steady stride when you see birds overhead rush by, you dont seem to think anything of it untill you head a crunch of leaves and sticks. You stop and begin looking all around, trying to find the source of the sound. Roll a D20 guys, Ill take the highest roll.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>500064
Here come the Nat 1s anon
>>
>>500066
waiting to see if the other guy is going to roll
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>500066
I deserve a 1, dice God's!
>>
File: B68K38_2214963b.jpg (53KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
B68K38_2214963b.jpg
53KB, 620x387px
>>500073
No.... no.
>>
File: tharn.jpg (60KB, 375x598px) Image search: [Google]
tharn.jpg
60KB, 375x598px
>>500073
And a 1 you shall receive! so with and 8 you begin to panic and look and look around, you think its coming from the woods next to you, you have just enough time to take a few steps back before a large man is animal skins comes bursting from the trees with a crude bone axe. He roars into the air and you smell the scent of decaying flesh on his breath, you have been trained, and do now cower from this fight.

What do you do next? You can also try a lore check to see if you can find some valuable information about your foe! Act fast, your life is in your hands, roll 2D6 with your chosen response, the highest roll is what happens to your hero.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (10KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
10KB, 292x172px
Rolled 5, 2 = 7 (2d6)

>>500077
I'd like a lore check
>>500074
>pic related
>>
Rolled 3, 3 = 6 (2d6)

>>500077
He is too close, melee is our only option. Defend ourselves with our mace.

Also lore check.
>>
File: tharn2.jpg (61KB, 479x604px)
tharn2.jpg
61KB, 479x604px
>>500080
The Tharn have always been able to channel the savage power of the Devourer Wurm. In times of peace, their villages are indistinguishable from those of now largely extinct northern Khadoran barbarian tribes. In times of war, however, their populations begin to boil with bestial metamorphosis. Bellowing a call to the Wurm sends their ravagers into an unbridled frenzy of physical transformation: muscle mass expands and thickens, skin hardens, and teeth elongate into terrible fangs. Their senses become as keen as the beasts they revere, and they fall into a state of insatiable hunger. Legends of inhuman deprivation among the ravagers are true; they gleefully tear out and eat the hearts of their prey, eyes aglow with berserk madness. These acts of frenzied feasting add an element of terror to their grievous attacks.

You gain plus 1 to all attack rolls against this foe. You immediately bring your mace up to a fighting position and avoid a wild swing from the monstrous man which cuts the air overhead..

Now what?
>>
Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d6)

>>500085
Ok we can't reason with him.

>Bludgeon him with our Mace.

Rolling for the bludgeoning.

Dice god just please don't screw me.
>>
Rolled 5, 4 = 9 (2d6)

>>500085
Tharn are terrors up close, I need to get some distance.

Strike at it's knee hoping to cripple it.
>>
>>500087
We both forgot our bonus, but great rolls.
>>
>>500088
You consider a low blow to wound the creature but decide to just go for a powerful slam into its body. You expertly rear back your mace and strike with all your might smashing the creature right across its fanged face.. Roll 2d6 - 1 for damage!
>>
Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d6)

>>500092
If there was a time for dice god to screw us it'd E now.
>>
>>500095
The mace makes a terrible crunching sound as its cold iron smashes through flesh and bone alike, you reel back as your powerful swing almost loses your grip on the mace but you keep control. The massive monster flys back into dense brushing gripping its mangled face and screaming through blood and cracked skull, a horrible guttural yell, you notice the monster has dropped its axe during the attack, and it seems to have slightly damaged the blade when it hit the hard road, the rain continues to lightly fall..

Now what will you do?
>>
Rolled 1, 6 + 1 = 8 (2d6 + 1)

>>500092
I'll roll to keep the bad luck coming my way.
>>
>>500100
If that was for damage, then it should have been minus one for it armor rating, but still nice roll, what will you do now that its hurt?
>>
Rolled 5, 6 + 1 = 12 (2d6 + 1)

>>500099
Leave the axe on the road. Jump in a bush nearby and ready our long rifle for a shot. Hopefully its so angry it comes back.

>>500101
(It was a -1. No idea why it changed, I think autocorrect.)
>>
Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d6)

>>500099
Try to cripple it's arms.

We will get our first kill.
>>
>>500105
Nice roll anon.

I noticed that using - functions like this + haven't found a way around it though.
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d2 + 1)

>>500107
Testing negative roll. dice+1d2-1
>>
File: duel_by_lainad007-d66plj2.jpg (115KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
duel_by_lainad007-d66plj2.jpg
115KB, 1024x683px
>>500105
You quickly jump back and put your mace back to your side, you scan your surroundings and find a nearby bush on the other side of the road, you dive for it and crouch behind, your training kicks in and you grab for your trusty rifle, as you pull it from your back you see the creature begin to rise again. "Come fuckin get some you some of a bitch" you mutter as you quickly prime your rifle and take aim. You make eye contact with the demon across from you, it walks in a hunched over leaking blood and cuts, you see you completely took its right eye and smashed its jaw to bits, you think it actually may be an improvement. As it guns into a full leap no axe just its wild claws lashing wildly you fire off a perfect shot cutting clear through the creatures chest and shattering its ribs, it rolls violently to the dirt and lands about a foot away from you as it heaves and bleeds its last breath..

Now what?
>>
>>500110
I will just do the raw math in my own work, dont worrie, just have some fun!
>>
>>500112
>Walk up to it.
>Pull out walking stick.
>Say "Looks like I came out a head."
>Shoot it in its head.
>>
>>500114
any objections?
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>500112
Remain still in the bush and listen for any more movement. Wait for the tharn to bleed out then go inspect the corpse if nothing is spotted.

Perception check roll.
>>
>>500114
Rule of cool prevails.

>>500116
>>
>>500117
Which shall you guys choose? careful, or cocky?
>>
>>500119
I can't ever turn down bad puns.
>>
>>500121
>>500118
Going with the head shot. As you smart off one last time to it, you pull out your sweet ass cane shot gun, you point the tip directly at the creatures head and pull the trigger. An eruption of fire and smoke smash into the road as you completely blow its head to bit, blood and brains splash onto your face and hands as its pieces of skull bounce off your tough leathers. A single smoking shell falls to the ground and bounces once, as you look up smiling you just barely see a axe being thrown full force towards your chest by another tharn coming from the brush.. roll 2d6 to dodge
>>
Rolled 5, 2 = 7 (2d6)

>>500122
If we dodge this our cool factor went up.
>>
Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d6)

>>500122
(Worth it)

DODGE!
>>
File: troll_fight_by_tmza-d2xmyol.jpg (830KB, 1200x740px) Image search: [Google]
troll_fight_by_tmza-d2xmyol.jpg
830KB, 1200x740px
>>500124
Thinking fast you throw down your can and duck while stepping back, you feel the axe clip your shoulder as it wildly arcs down and buries its self into the road behind you, as you look up you see the creature lunge forward with a crude rock hammer it takes a few wild swings you can easily avoid then growls as it poses it self for a true duel, behind it you see the brush move and another familiar silhouette begins to emerge..

What will you do?
>>
Rolled 2, 6 = 8 (2d6)

>>500126
I think we need to run.

I'm rolling to try and ditch them in the forest.
>>
>>500127
With your previous lore check you know that tharn are masters of the forest, they will be on their own turf then..
>>
Rolled 1, 5 + 1 = 7 (2d6 + 1)

>>500126
(Well, both guns are empty now. Do we need to spend an entire turn reloading? )

The beast is a fool if it expects some honor duel. As it poses, we back pedal off the road through the bushes and prepare our mace for a blow.
>>
Rolled 3, 6 = 9 (2d6)

>>500128
Crap...
Shoot it.
Shoot it with our cane shotgun

Use the previous roll if you want.
Or this one.
>>
>>500132
Anon this is going really bad don't you think.

>In forest
>Fighting savages
>Forest is their turf.
>Our class isn't built for direct confrontation.
>Their swole as hell.
>>
File: tharn3.jpg (87KB, 575x826px)
tharn3.jpg
87KB, 575x826px
>>500132
not necisarrly, your rifle gets 8 shots, and your can gets two. Anyways, I'll combine the two ideas.

Not wanting to engage in a duel with the mad man, you begin to smoorthly backpeddle while pulling your rifle up, you begin to ring shots out into the creature, the first misses as is jumps to the side, bu the next two find their mark in the shoulder and left chest, though the shot spacing could have been better, you see it wince and pain as dark blood spurts, you see the other tharn emerge from the forest behind ready to fight..

Roll 2d6 for damage, then choose a following action
>>
>>500134
(That's why I'm running the fuck away to try ambushes. We can't outrun them even on the road though. We have to kill them. Damn it, we should have brought the smoke grenade. )
>>
Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

>>500136
Shoot the injured that in the knees with our rifle an turn to face the other.
>>500137
That's the RPG curse anon.
Anything you have is useless.
The one thing you didn't buy extremely useful.
>>
Rolled 6, 5 + 1 = 12 (2d6 + 1)

>>500136
(Oh sweet, I thought we were in musket era.)

>>500138
Supporting.
>>
File: tharn4.jpg (58KB, 539x746px) Image search: [Google]
tharn4.jpg
58KB, 539x746px
>>500138
To your surprise the beast falls in a rolling hunch, spewing blood from its many holes from your powerful rifle, it convulses on the ground in agony, but you dont find any joy in this victory as the battle is not over, the last of the tharn raiding pack sprints into action axe in toe, it makes a violent but calculated back swing that if you dont avoid will surely slice you deep in the mid section, roll to dodge guys 2d6!
>>
Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d6)

>>500141
I swear if we take serious damage we slaughter every tharn we see.
>>
>>500139
the year is pretty much 1802ish, tesla tech, early repeating rifles, but things like magic and iron age warfare make things different..
>>
>>500145
i hope our friend rolls higher good sir.
>>
Rolled 3, 3 = 6 (2d6)

>>500141
Zuth attempts to slip away from the blow, annoyed that the dumb beast is not running after its pack died.
>>
File: tharn5.jpg (69KB, 578x723px) Image search: [Google]
tharn5.jpg
69KB, 578x723px
>>500148
>>500148
The axe gashes your leather armor and lightly slices your side, you feel a light feeling of warm blood begin to seep from your minor wound, you shake it off and keep concentrated, the creature reposts and goes for another hard over hand swing witch you also slip by as you feel a rush of air and a scent of foul blood soar by your person. You are not pissed, and know this thing has to die, right here, right now..

What do you do? roll 2d6 and take a action!
>>
>>500148
>Implying tharn is smart enough to run away.

Only semi intelligent creatures deal fear anon.
>>
>>500151
If it wasnt locked in a blood frenzie then it may have considered its options, but under its powerful hunger it knows no pain or mercy
>>
Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d6)

>>500150
>Pull out shot cane
>Let it charge
>Wait till we can see the whites of its eyes
>Blow it's brains out.
>>500152
Then it dies in ignorance.
>>
Rolled 6, 6 + 1 = 13 (2d6 + 1)

>>500150
Wincing from his wound, Zuth feels a cold chill race down his spine. Not since his isolated childhood had he felt this desire to see another creature extinguished.

He drops his rifle, silently closes distance and lunges with his spring blade.
>>
>>500154
Holy crap anon that crit success

Assassin creed level achieved.
>>
(If QM allows)

>>500154
Zuth launches into the air, his blade leading the way to sink fully into the tharns head. The beast collapses into its back, Zuth riding it down to the ground. his gaze locked onto it's eyes, savoring the light vanishing.
>>
>>500154
Holy shit, that roll.

Zuth leaps forward, and with his spring blade released he drives its cold sharp steel directly into its soft throat, you feel your blade slice completely through its neck. As the flesh tears a torrent of dark blood spews from the gash and creatures makes a horrible death rattle, it drops its large weapon with a thud and begins to buckle at the knees. Feeling the thrill of the kill set in you quickly pivot and begin to stab the large man in the back repeatedly right above the kindies. More blood begins to pour and before long you are drenched and grinning wildly, the creature buckles at its side and falls over heavily, its collapse exposes how gervious the neck wound was, its head hanging only by a few strands, its spine comepletly severed.. you realize the first blow was the killing one...

what do you do now? standing in the rain, drenched in tharn blood, and glowing like the son in your revelry..
>>
>>500160
>Cut locks of hair from all of them.

Kill Trophies
>>
>>500160
Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.

>>500161
Supporting. Investigate the bodies and reload our guns.
>>
File: Level_up.gif (498KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
Level_up.gif
498KB, 500x252px
>>500161
The dwarf towers over his fallen foes, with the at most confidence you use your blade to hack pieces of their long matted hair off, one had a small skull wound in its braid. You look around at your victory, each one of these things were twice your size easy, and could hack you in half in seconds. But no, you stood strong, kept your wits, and acted fast. Looking through to corpses you find nothing but their crude weapons and heavy hide armor now full of various holes. As you catch your breath you realize you actually may have gained some valuable insight into fights to come, you decide you need to focus your skills on: (level up)

Defense +1 to all dodge rolls for this hero

Melee attacks +1 to all melee rolls for the hero

Ranged attacks, same

One additional fell call

what will it be heroes?
>>
>>500166
I'd say ranged attacks or fell call.

What about you anon?
>>500163
>>
>>500167
Another fell call would be good. Call of action.
>>
>>500168
Is this our decision?
>>
>>500169
Yep.

Call of action.
>>
>>500170
The roar of the battle has released a new talent in your mind, you feel you now have the ability to literally command your own body to act faster. The call of action allows you to gain a +1 bonus to dodge checks, make a dash, stand up, or a full reload while active, each round you may choose one single action of those to activate while your calls aura still lumes. Alright guys, good fight, but this is just the start, I hope to have many more sessions, Ill be back on tomorrow a little earlier than we started today, their are many challenges and rewards ahead heroes. A message to all Anon's who join mid session or while im away, feel free to shoot me an email [email protected] and I will be tell you when we are starting again! I hope everyone enjoyed their first taste of the Iron Kingdoms, If you enjoy the lore and war games, check out the real game Warmachine and Hordes!
>>
>>500175
Loving it, QM. You can expect to see me back again. Good night, all.
>>
>>500175
Thanks nice run OP see you next time.
>>
Seems very interesting indeed. Is thread kill? I would like to get in on this action.
>>
>>500502
I'm here
>>
>>500579
Were you in this last night? OP seems to know his stuff
>>
OP here, will be starting next session in 10 minutes, get in here!
>>
>>500663
Present, OP.
>>
>>500673
Welcome, welcome, more people are joining soon, tonight will be even wilder than before, because I'm not exausted anymore
>>
>>500678
I know that feel.
Gonna save my game. Be back shortly.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (10KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10KB, 217x232px
>>500684
Welcome back OP
>>
>>500687
Good to be back, let me get something together
>>
>>500692
building a real character sheet real quick
>>
File: sheet1.jpg (93KB, 720x640px) Image search: [Google]
sheet1.jpg
93KB, 720x640px
>>500687
OK, I'm ready to go, whos all here?
>>
>>500719
I'm here.

I swear if we see any tharn after this.
>>
>>500722
Oh, how I know you love them, lets see if we can grab one more , if not it will be just us for a bit
>>
>>500722
I guess its just us for now, is that cool with you?
>>
>>500741
That's fine OP.
>>
Here, OP.
>>
File: real sheet2.png (2MB, 966x802px)
real sheet2.png
2MB, 966x802px
>>500743
Alright guys, So Zuth has just gained quite a bit of useful knowledge with his all out grudge match with the Tharn. The rain continues to slowly fall and it seems the tharn blood is being washed off your person like your shedding some dark sin. You look around and notice small farm house to the distance, you see some live stock and a clothing line with a bright blue dress. You yourself may have become a killer, but knowing you may have saved the farm family from its utter demise, and you take some pride in that.. What next guys?
>>
>>500753
We took some slight wounds so let's take a short break at the farm.

Mention the tharn we just saved them from if they won't let us in.
>>
I say we go talk to the lowly peasants. Maybe they have something useful to say.
>>
>>500755
You slowly make your way to the old stone and wood home, it supports a long winding dirt path that leads all the way up to the home. As you walk along the path you hear a small girl yell out "Pa! Pa!" you then here a middle aged man say "get in the house now jesse!" he yells in fear as he comes around from the side of the house with a old farm rifle pointed in your direction. He is wearing grey overalls with a large amount of oil and dirt stains, he has a tool sling around his midsection and has a slight scar above his right eye. He looks about 31, has long brown hair and grey green eyes witch glisten which fatal intent to protect his home and kin.

What do you do?
>>
>>500767
Say this

>"I don't mean any harm I just need a quick rest. I got attacked by tharn just on the road a short while ago."
>>
>>500772
Supporting
>>
File: painting1.jpg (48KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
painting1.jpg
48KB, 640x464px
>>500772
He looks you up and down and after a very awkward moment he finally holds his rifle to his side. "Well, from the looks of ya, I say they probably not much left of em' now.. You one of those Cygnar patrols? " he says as he shoulders his weapon and grabs a piece of cloth from a pocket and offers it to you.

What do you do?
>>
>>500786
>Take the cloth.
>"No I'm here on business."
>Ask him if he has some bandages we can use to wrap our wounds and some food.
>>
>>500794
He says "Those tharn are nasty buisness.. If you had not drifted along then.. Well.. I only have so many bullets.. I appreciate what you did for me and mine.." he pauses and looks at his home and turns back, "go on inside.. Eldra will patch you up real good, she was in the service before we settled down." he then slowly walks to the door and pulls open the old wood frame and enters the home.

What do you do?
>>
>>500802
Let's go inside and get patched up
Grab a quick bite if we can and prepare to get back on the road.
>>
>>500808
>>500808
You enter slowly, trying to be respectful, immediately in front of you is a very large and well crafted iron furnace. You see large metal pipes leading up through the ceiling coming from the iron chest. The floor is made of well kept hard wood and it seems most of the walls are presses stone. The man leads you to a small dining area where you see a young girl is a light blue dress stirring something in a large iron pot on a small stove. He signals for you to take a seat at a little table with some wooden chairs. As you set down the chair creaks but seems rather sturdy and surprisingly comfortable.. "lunch will be on soon, rabbit stue with some spices, hope your hungry, this is the least I can do to help.. Eldra will be down shorty to get you patched up" he says slowly before turning to walk up the near by stairs.

What do you do?
>>
>>500831
>Thank them.
>Ask them if they know how much longer it would take for us to get to our destination.
>Reload all our guns if they aren't yet.
>>
File: wife.jpg (163KB, 998x768px) Image search: [Google]
wife.jpg
163KB, 998x768px
>>500837
The young girl explains town is just up the road a bit, the Pa actually works in town just a ways a Labor Jack repair man. She explains hes real good with mechanika systems and can fix anything. As you pull your weapons out and begin to clean and load them, you head a soft but mature voice behind you say "oh wow, haven't seen that model in a while, I had one just like it.." you turn to see I very pretty woman with long dark hair and set in eyes, she keeps her hair in a braid, shes wearing a long flowing white button down shirt and slacks, you look her over and try to to seem offensive. She puts a hand on your shoulder and asks "where are you headed, and what happened out there?" she asks curiously before taking a seat across from you.

What do you do?
>>
>>500854
>"Oh I was just on my way to the town up ahead when I got attacked by those savages. Did well enough though considering there we're three of them and it was my first real fight."
>>
>>500857

"Well, looks like they took a good chunk out of you.." she says pointing at your open wound in your side "nothing I cant fix though, I was real handy on the field, go ahead and pop that vest off and Ill get sewing" she says with a smile pulling out a small needle and twine. She begins to expertly sew you shut as she hums a little tune "so what brings you out forkton?" she says looking up from here work to meet your eyes.

What do you tell her? If its a lie roll a D20 bluff check.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>500867
Nat 1
To be or not To be.
>>
File: warjack4.png (666KB, 591x564px) Image search: [Google]
warjack4.png
666KB, 591x564px
>>500870
What do you say to her? also, taking small lunch break, be back in about 20
>>
>>500874
0500 here, I'll be on in 2 hours if yall are still playing.
>>
>>500874
"A while back I got exiled from my home so I've been wandering ever since. Forkton is just one step on a journey to find a new home."
>>500882
Ok anon see you then if your still on.
>>
>>500887
Back<

"Looks like your doing alright for yourself now"she says abruptly, at that moment your hear three sharp knocks at the door. "oh damn, I hope it is'nt those bastards again.. stay right here, ill be back, let me just send them away." she says as she stands up obviously annoyed and walks to the door. She opens the door and stands cocked with her hand on her hip. "what do you two want now? my left arm?" she says angrily to the stranger at the door.

Roll D20 perception.
>>
>>500882
Looking forward to it, wish you could be on sooner, but oh well. we will make do.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>500925
Is she getting extorted.

Oh dear.
>>
File: cygnar1.jpg (182KB, 1280x899px) Image search: [Google]
cygnar1.jpg
182KB, 1280x899px
>>500931
"mam..... its time........sorry........you had......oh im sure......I don sugest that mum.... " he hear little bits and pieces but the vibe is clear, your not sure why their here but its obviously not to sell the testament of Menoth. As you peer around the woman, you see men in bright blue knight armor with gold trim, you notice to obvious golden swan, the insignia of Cygnaran rule.

What do you do? nice roll by the way.
>>
>>500949
Walk up and ask what's going on.
>>
>>500956
You slowly approach the situation just in time to see a man grab the woman's wrist and jerk it towards the door

Would continue, but I want to see if you want to make a move before I go on..
>>
>>500965
2 things really

Roar of defiance for that sonic shield.

And pull out our rifle and aim it at these suspicious individuals.
>>
File: cygnar infan.jpg (78KB, 691x839px)
cygnar infan.jpg
78KB, 691x839px
>>500974
You quickly take action seeing the situation turning, you pull out your rifle with a shaky grip and steady it at your shoulder. The anger begins to overtake you and you sound your mighty fell call in full might, a great call of defiance. Sigils and runes begin to form around you feet and a whipping wind begins to form around your body until it tightens to wear it fits perfectly over your form like a magical armor aura. Hearing your call the men step back and draw their tesla lances. "A bloody fell caller. this far south? Ermus would love to see this, why don't you some with us little man" he says mockingly with a evil grin.

How do you act? Be smart, maybe survey the situation.
>>
>>501003
Ask them what they're doing here and why they want her.

We should probably try to defuse the situation.
>>
File: cyganr 4.jpg (78KB, 556x809px) Image search: [Google]
cyganr 4.jpg
78KB, 556x809px
>>501010
The men laugh, and the leader says "this little wench hasnt paid her property taxes, and I'm here to reposes this shack on precious farm lands" they say angrily getting closer. "Please! I just sent the payment in when my husband went into town for work, this has to be a mistake!" she cries out nearly in tears. "I'm tired of the lies and all the shit, this is over!" he says yelling as he jabs her in the ribs with his long metal two pronged staff, you see arcs of lighting jut into her small form and her convulse and cry out as she begins to faint.

How do you act?
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>501029
Ask how much the taxes are.

Pay them if we really can(I doubt it)
Convince them to leave otherwise.

And I'll roll for the persuasion.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>500722
Favored Enemy: Tharn

>>501029
Don't want to fight them if we don't have too, these are not tharn barbarians. Try to convince them to leave.

"Release the woman and leave and we might not talk to your superiors about this. This is your last chance before I settle this myself."
>>
File: warjacks.jpg (96KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
warjacks.jpg
96KB, 500x333px
>>501036
You begin to try to frantically bargain with them as they become more and more annoyed, and right when you think things are about to snap, you see a large wooden slab come sweeping across the entry way as both men are completely swept away by the force of the strike. As you steady yourself and look through the door way you see a medium size labor jack holding a tree with its rusty iron claws battling the infantry. When you look around you see the man you met before with his rifle seems to be barking commands at the metal titan. Then out of no where you see a large blue metal spear come jutting out the left pec of the labor jack as you see a seprate warjack come bolting from down the path the impail the rusty scrap jack with a fierce battle lance. The other men seem to have been killed in the fight.

How do you respond?
>>
>>501074
If that was 1 minute sooner I would have bought that roll, but so is the way of the world, now you must once again prove your iron in the forge of combat!
>>
Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d6)

>>501075
Grab the woman and drag her inside the house out of danger.

If we still have an action, open fire on the enemy jack with our long rifle.
>>
>>501075
OP do we know of any weakness on the warjacks?
Anything we can exploit.

If so attack it there.

Otherwise just distract and harass it.
>>
>>501093
Lore check for warjacks from our training. Strengths, weaknesses, etc?
>>
That escalated quickly.
>>
>>501108
Yea I notice for a assassin we're getting into a lot of large open confrontations.

And we we're just about to eat too.

We just had to enter the one house in the middle of nowhere that the guys with heavy armor and mechanical wanted.
>>
File: jackss.jpg (107KB, 699x823px)
jackss.jpg
107KB, 699x823px
>>501101
Warjacks are heavily armored titans, they require a constant supply of coal in their central furnace to provide power to the sub systems, I war jack is mostly autonomous and relies on simple commands in battle, though most jacks are extremely armored, their armor becomes less complete in the joints and lower sections. You gain +1 to all damage rolls vs warjacks of this type.. What is your action now?
>>
>>501108
welcome to the thread, stick around, things are about to get awesome
>>
Rolled 6, 6 = 12 (2d6)

>>501126
Focus fire on one of the leg joints.
With our rifle of course.
>>
>>501131
You take aim, trying to avoid the thick armor plates on the knees and thighs you sight your aim for the connecting ball join of the knee. With the unprotected iron joint in sight you begin ringing out shots into the collossal machines right leg. You see the metal chip and crack as it slightly buckles to one side before pushing its heavy iron shield into the earth to defect the incoming shots, roll 2D6+1 for damage on the jack.
>>
Rolled 2, 2 + 1 = 5 (2d6 + 1)

>>501134
Rolling to cripple the robot.
>>
>>501135
Though you had great placement it seems some of your shots may have just glanced the vulnerable joint, it seems to have taken some damage though. It pivots on one foot and raises it shield high catching the light, it swings it hard and heavy down overhead. It loses its swing mid way, due to a large amount of well placed shots from the man with the rifle, he knows these things inside and out and knows right where they hurt. The jack becomes still and quiet for a moment and just pours smoke and steam as it seems to have stalled in a striking pose. "Shoot it now! I've overloaded it engine!, shoot it now!" he yells almost spitting as he ducks and reloads.
>>
>>501101
Still around?
>>
Rolled 1, 5 = 6 (2d6)

>>501148
More shots to the right leg
And tell old man the right leg is damaged.
Let's kill this thing.
>>
>>501153
Shots ring out over the valley, the sound of heavy metal being struck repeatedly echoes loudly as small pieces of cold iron come bursting off from the weakened joint, the combine with you and concentrates fire directly into the knee joint. The metal begins to warp at the weight begins to crumble to damaged actuator, you see oil and steam spew as a rivet goes flying wildly and with a final popping sounds the leg folds and the warjack joes down hard onto its center joint. It roars back to life and makes a violent stab with its razor war spear which is aimed directly for you.

Dodge roll!
>>
Rolled 4, 2 = 6 (2d6)

>>501168
Not this time robot.
>>
>>501177
You quickly make a flying roll backwards to avoid being impailed by the large spear, the force of the stab is enough to rip through the door frame and stone wall, sending wood, brick, and glass chunks soaring into the main room. You stand and keep your aim at the jack turns its attention the the other man, using its shield to push its self up it makes a wild swipe at the would be sniper, just clipping his legs and sending him flying into a near by tree. The jack smashes the ground wildly as the strike continues and it partialy buries one are in the soft farm dirt on its attack.

Now what do you do?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>501194
Rolling perception to see if we see anyone who could be commanding the jack
>>
>>501216
You take this time to begin to scan the area, you dont notice any sort of commander, all the troops that came with the monster had been bent and broken by the side swipe earlier, it seems the jack maybe was being marshaled at the start, but it now acting on its own, it wont probaly be very effective in its strikes and defenses, you also see the jacks burner seems to be over heating under all the stress and so commander.

What do you do now?
>>
Rolled 4, 6 = 10 (2d6)

>>501231
Use the call of action shout.

Reload sniper

Focus fire the left leg.
>>
>>501246
Seeing that that jack is in no shape to make accurate attacks, you drop your defenses, and release your new fell call, the call of action. With this new found speed you are able to steady yourself and reload your weapon completely, then seconds later continue your barrage of hot metal into the injured bot. You place each shot perfectly into the opposite leg in the same joint. The shells pierce the heavy metal joint and ring out loudly as they deflect out the other side. Roll 2d6+1 damage
>>
>>501116
Well we are pretty green. It makes sense that we would not be artemis enteri level competent.

>>501151
I'm posting when I can break, at work. Just skip me if 5mins have passed.
>>
Rolled 1, 5 + 1 = 7 (2d6 + 1)

>>501256
Damage roll.
>>
>>501257
Just pop in when you can, not sure what that first part means honestly haha.
>>
Rolled 3, 4 + 1 = 8 (2d6 + 1)

>>501256
Come on gimme a crit!
>>
>>501261
Ill take it, you seemed to have done some moderate damage with that burst, you see the titan completely fall over onto its back, it flails wildly attempting to stand up, but without a caster a warjack is very clunky in making actions such as this. It wriggles wildly before completely breaking at one knee, it falls over onto its side with a large thud throwing earth and dirty up around its impact. The warjack growls a low metalic growl and hot steam mixes with the cool rainy air as it prepares for its death.

Now what?
>>
>>501257
Artemis was a top 3 assassin in the forgotten realms novels dnd setting.
>>
>>501277
Keep a close eye on it and check up on the farmer.

I'm pretty sure he took a beating.

And see if his wife and child are nearby.
>>
Rolled 2, 2 + 1 = 5 (2d6 + 1)

>>501277
Ask the farmer if he can take control of the jack without damaging it further? It would be a good prize to give our captain. Went away on a easy mission, came back with a salvaged warjack.

Shoot the wrist joints until they break so the jack can't move or attack.
>>
>>501296
Oh right, this. Check up on farmer and woman inside to make sure none of the rubble got thrown on her.
>>
>>501307
>>501296
You pear out over the field to see the old man limping over using his rifle as a crutch. Knowing hes steal alive brings you some ease, you look inside the house to see the wife passed out on the floor with a slight bit of rubble over her body. You scan the remaining area and cant seem to find the daughter, you hear a slow whoosh of steam, as you back around you see the flame light of the burner and the jacks eyes flicker to a cold grey. Last bits of steam seap from the jack as the light ream patters across its metal shell, streaks of oil run off it armor plates.
>>
Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d6)

>>
>>501313
a little late on that roll, but your welcome to join us from here, what would you guys like to do next?
>>
>>501314
I was just testing if the dice works, so what's this thread about, how do i play?
>>
>>501312
Well tell the farmer that we should look for his daughter and move into town.

I doubt this is over.

We should also try to recruit them.
>>
>>501319
Welcome to the world of the Iron Kingdoms! A land full of magic, war, and adventure. This land holds many secrets and wonders, but be warned, the iron kingdoms are unforgiving. Together we will create a brand new story, you the posters will control exactly what happens to your hero or villain. You may find yourself being a powerful mage known as a warcaster with the ability to command large steam powered robots known as WarJacks. Perhaps your more in it for the coin, you like to be knee deep in the shit of things, and come out clean and rich on the other side. Maybe your just working your way through the army one corpse at a time. The choices are yours, who you are is your own design, but who you will become is all up to Iron kingdoms.
In this first part, players will have the chance to vote for their characters items, race, and background. Each choice will decide the roads you may take and where they lead.
Actions will also be determined by a roll of 2D6, 1's will take 3 points off the final number.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>501321
Help find their daughter. Get information from the farmer on who we just killed and why they were trying to extort them.
>>
Rolled 2, 2 = 4 (2d6)

>>501324
A villain huh, yes i've always wanted to be that.

>>501321
A a farmer those are pretty useless, kill him and take anything useful he have.
>>
>>501335
Anon this farmer can control a jack.

That's a super rare magical skill.

Plus he knows how to fix them.
>>
>>501321
>>501327

He seems hurt but not in a dire way, hes still able to hobble pretty good. He limps him way up to the house, he looks at the wreckage the jack has made during the fight, he just shakes his head silently and continues through the door. After a couple hours later you end up finding the daughter in the upstairs closet, the woman is shaken but alright, the man took a nasty break in his foot but seems fine as well. You learn that the men were Cygnar inforces sent by the town mayor to collect owed coin on the property. The man also explains he had not been paying the taxes as he said he had, he had been saving to build his own war jack that would be able to help him family out around the farm, and if he needed the coin he could sell the jack for a large profit after he had repaired it.. It seems though he hadnt thought they would come all this way to collect, and his jack has taken some serious damage...

What do you say or do now guys?
>>
>>501340
Hmmm alright, we will use him for our advantage, can we make him minion.
>>
>>501340
Hes right new anon, powers like this dont come often, you also do not want to burn any bridges in this world..>>501347
>>
>>501346
Time to recruit.

Tell them that we're actually a mercenary under the employ of Ashlyn D'Elyse and that if they lack a place to go they can join us.

All of them.
>>
>>501346
>>501352
Bah a farmer is still a useless tool, nonetheless i guess we will help him fix that jack, recruit this bug.
>>
File: wrath_merc_heavy.jpg (256KB, 520x624px)
wrath_merc_heavy.jpg
256KB, 520x624px
>>501356
The man says that he was planning on sending his family a little ways from here to his brothers home, they would be safe there.. He also says hes not going to be much use to you in this state but he would be happy to loan his jack to you while your around, "ol rowdy may have taken some dings, but hes made of tougher metal then you might think, he should still be able to throw some weight around..If you want I can give you a list of parts hes missing when you head into town."

How do you respond?
>>
>>501383
>loan
I think he is misunderstanding what we want, tell him if he doesn't fix the jack he will never see his family again.
>>
>>501383
Tell them that we would rather not have a giant mechanical following us as it would hamper our job.

Also tell them that more forces may come after them and that they are welcome to come with us to our merc base after we're done with our job.

Ask for directions to his brothers house.

Take the list.

Head to town.
>>
>>501399
Pathetic white knight, when the time comes you will be the doom of us.
>>
>>501405
You guys are welcome to roll off, or we can go with the first option.
>>
Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

>>501410
Do what i said.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>501399
Rolling for not fighting a direct confrontation again.
>>
>>501399
Supporting. I'm not playing a lawful good character, but nothing to gain from slaughtering everyone we meet.
>>501410
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>501419
>>
>>501419
Tsk tsk tsk, we are not slaughtering everyone we meet, we're just negotiation, and this is the only way those Pathetic peasants understand.
>>
>>501419
Ouch, natural 1...

Ill combine the two options..

feeling angry for getting drug into a fight you had no part in,you lash out at the injured man "listen pal, I could have been killed for your sorry cause, and now you want me to be your repair boy?.. " you say spitting anger. "I-Im,.. I never.." the stutters not realizing how he may have come off. "Also when i get back, that jack belongs to me" Zuth says fiercely The shakes his and agrees to hand it over, he knows he would have died if it wasn't for you...

Now what do you do guys?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>501438
Persuade him and his family to join our mercenary Corp

I'll roll 20 for it.
>>
>>501444
Anyone object to this?
>>
Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d6)

>>501438
Much better.

So what dose the list say, let's try and find these parts so we can get the jack.
>>
>>501447
Nope, minions can be a bit useful.
>>
File: repairs.jpg (53KB, 563x490px)
repairs.jpg
53KB, 563x490px
>>501455
>>501444
You begin to try and reason with the man, "come join me, you will be safe at our camp" you say kindly. "im.. im not sure, when you come back by this way, Ill have a answer for you, im sorry I caused you so much trouble.." he says softly. He pulls out a sheet of power with a list of parts and he scribbles a few more onto the piece of paper. "here, this is everything you need to get the jack combat effective, just keep the commands simple and everything should work out." he says handing you the list.
>>
>>501467
Give him a goodbye handshake

And head of to town.

Hopefully his family joins us.
>>
List:

Cargo Claw alpha class

Heavy chest plate

Left punching spike

optional light buckler

heavy boiler upgrade.
>>
>>501467
How useless, if we come back and he doesn't join we kill him, let's go find the parts. and i want to see if there is anything useful in the town.
>>
>>501475
Hmmm i wonder where i can find this shit.

Hey pssst how much money do we have
>>
File: rain.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px)
rain.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
>>501472
>>501476
You each say your goodbyes and continue on your journey, the road is short now, not much further to go. As you walk you look back to see the chaos you caused, and think how much worse it may have been if you hadnt been here, you laugh to yourself thinking of those tharn being slaughtered by those jacks.. With this last thought of joy you pull up your hood as the sky roars over head. Rain pours heavily now as you walk down the path. I'ts not before long you see a small wooden sign that says Forkton, 1 mile. Your walk was almost over, but your journey has just began. As you walk up to the main gates you see large wooden fences and a few stone towers further inside, you appear to enter in some sort of market district. You see many people ,mainly humans but a few ogrun and trollkin mostly as slaves. You see brightly colored shops set up through the streets, you smell fresh bread and fish and see many people look you over.

What do you do now?
>>
>>501500
You have about 20 gold.
>>
>>501511
Look for a place that deals in jack repairs and parts.
And keep an eye out for our target while we search.
>>
>>501511
>>501515
Go to the smith maybe he has the parts, and ask about the troll slaves, i've always wanted a troll as my minion.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>501438
>>501467

(Are we still 30? I feel like we regressed to 16.)>>501511

Walk around the town, get familiar with all the streets and areas that people gather. Try to notice where guards patrol without being obvious about it.
>>
>>501526
Target? what target?
>>
>>501535
(Our contacted target. Guessing you didn't read the thread? Lots of information in there. )
>>
>>501528
>>501526
Those are rather close so Ill just go with that, so how do you guys find this repairman/smith. You have never been here, and you also have no idea who knows your coming

>>501533
Some times after a long day, your temper may run hot..

>>501535
If you wouldnt mind, it would be helpful if you read everything up to this point, lots of important imformation.
>>
>>501535
Anon we're a assassin.
We came her to kill a target.
That's why I want to minimize unnecessary kills and making too much noise.

>>501545
Ask around ideally locals who are bound oto know.
>>
>>501545
Ask around this how you find anything here. and about those trolls as will.

>>501550
I see now.
>>
>>501550
The people closest to you are these:

A man about the age of 42, wearing a pressed brown coat and slacks, he carries a small sword.

A red headed woman about 16, she seems to be buying apples

A young blonde man about 25, seems nervous, hes buying some sort of blue fabric

Search more, these people suck.
>>
>>501564
Go with the red head.

She probably lived here her entire life.

Should know where to go.
>>
>>501579
other votes?
>>
>>501564
Dude just ask anyone, "oy m8 you don't happen to know where a repairman/smith is do you" if fail ask another one.
>>
>>501589
Your trying to keep a low profile, but if you guys want to do that, we will.
>>
>>501579
>>501589
Same, it's just directions.
>>
>>501594
Does anyone even knows us, so that we have to keep a low profile.
>>
>>501599
Remember that if we come in and kill someone and vanish people are going to connect the dots. So we need to be as forgettable as possible.
>>
File: trolll.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
trolll.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
>>501607
>>501599
>>501595
>>501595
Going to the closest man you see, you walk up to the guy with the sword. "Excuse me sir! Do you know where I might find a smith or engineer of sorts?" you say boldly. About that time a large troll man steps infront of his master ready to defend him. "No arthur, no need for that, go stand over there and be a good boy.. now what was it that you asked my rhulic friend?" he says coyly putting his hands in his pockets.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>501594
Persuasion roll.
>>
>>501613
What do you say? nice roll.
>>
>>501611
Ask him for directions to a jack repairman.
>>
>>501616
"i was wondering about that troll you have, how about you sell him to me"
>>
>>501616
"I'm a traveler passing through town and a bit turned around. If you don't mind the bother sir, could you tell me what the shops are around here?"

(Keep it subtle. We don't want to go around asking for a jack repair shop after a warjack patrol just went missing.)
>>
File: mann.jpg (267KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
mann.jpg
267KB, 1024x1365px
>>501618
He says that "I think Evans still does so work over on fourth, he should be able to service you plenty." he says pointing down a nearby street. "Now, I have answered a question, its your turn, I know your new here, i never forget a face... what are you doing this far north friend?

>>501622
"Old arthur, I suppose I could replace him, hes just a troll after all, what would you offer for his service?
>>501625
>>
Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d6)

>>501630
"If there is a job you need done i'm your man"
>>
>>501630
I'm wandering the world
Exploring and adventuring and all that.

And hopefully I'll save a damsel or too while I'm at it.

Hopefully this is convincing

Also let's not get the slave

We don't have the money for it and I'm not trading the jack.
>>
>>501638
Bluff roll please, 1d20

>>501637
(if we go this way, I do have a task for you to do.)
>>
>>501638
If we can't offered him we just work for him, i'm getting that troll whether you like it or not.

>>501642
Yes do that.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>501642
>>501637
Anon remember we can't stay for to long.

It gets riskier the longer we take.
>>
>>501643
Shall we take a side quest while we look around party?
>>
>>501646
Sure.

Hopefully the target isn't leaving any time soon.
>>
>>501645
He looks at you and grins, "oh really, well, I'm so glad you could come by, I hope to be seeing you again real soon friend, also if you want arthur to be in your command, I just need you to drop off this envelope to a friend of mine." he says putting his hand in his jacket pocket.
>>
>>501656
Ask where this friend is
Who he looks like
And where we can find him after we're done.

We can go to the repair shop after that.
>>
>>501656
It can't be that easy getting the troll, ask him where is this friend of his.
>>
File: lope.jpg (76KB, 620x465px)
lope.jpg
76KB, 620x465px
>>501664
>>501670
Reginold is a special friend of mine, he knows how to get things done.. He stays in the back of the old silver sash tavern just up the road a ways, you can miss it, just give him this, and send my regards." he hands you a pressed unmarked envelope with a wax seal featuring a designer B.

Now what do you do?
>>
>>501690
>Get things done
Obviously a criminal element whatever.

Let's go deliver the letter.
>>
>>501690
>you can miss it
Well i guess he will be hard to find.

Anyway head up road to the silver sash tavern.
>>
File: tavern.jpg (636KB, 1300x800px) Image search: [Google]
tavern.jpg
636KB, 1300x800px
>>501699
>>501697
You bid him fairwell, and continue walking along the road, you pass many interesting shops and stands and even whores (no ideas). As you walk along you come to a round about with a fountain in the center, its shaped like a bird and is made of some sort of white stone. It pours a light brown water, beyond it you see a large two story wooden building with glowing lights. You see women and a few men standing around the double doors, tied around the light pole out front is a large silver sash.

What do you do?
>>
>>501727
>Big building
>Silver sash in front.

I wonder what it could be?

>Seriously though enter.
>>
>>501740
Anyone apposed?
>>
Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d6)

>>501727
>even whores (no ideas)
What it's not like i wanted to rape them, i s-swear

Now go to mans pick a fight with them and beat their asses.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (14KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
14KB, 275x183px
>>501746
Anon no.

That's begging for jail time.
>>
>>501763
Okay okay, i was just kidding.

>>501745
Do what he said.
>>
>>501746
>>501740

You approach the front doors, as you step closer you notice all eyes are on you, you pay them no mind as you get closer. You notice the place does not look as great as it did from a far, some windows are broken, the paint is peeling, and the stone is cracker. You step up to the door and push your way in, once your inside you see a quaint little tavern. Their is a man playing a lute and drums on a small stage to the left, a large C shaped bar set up in the far back with many shiny bottles on the back row. Their are few people currently in the bar.

What do you do?
>>
>>501770
Ask the lute guy, "do you know where i can a man named Reginold"
>>
>>501775
>where i can a man
Shit "where i can find a man"
>>
>>501770
No objections to this
>>501775
>>
>>501784
>>501783

He looks at you as he ends his song, he takes a drink from a dark stone cup and swallows hard. "reginold.. Im not sure hes wanting company right now, can I leave a message with him?" he says slowly sipping water with shaky hands.
>>
>>501805
"just give him this envelope will you"
>>
>>501814
Anyone apposed to this?
>>
Rolled 6, 3 = 9 (2d6)

>>501805
I have something to tell him.

Something he really wants to know so tell us now before you regret it.
>>501814
Anon don't give this stranger the envelope.

He might not be just a musician.
This place is seedy.

Rolling for intimidation btw
>>
>>501822
Shall we go with this option anon?
>>
>>501822
Meh whatever, do what you want, he just told us to deliver the envelope so i thought i'll leave it to him. since he knows reginold.
>>
>>501834
Yeah
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>501822
Let's make sure the letter actually gets to the owner.

Roll for intimidation.
>>
>>501834
he shudders at the thought of a conflict. "Fine, lets not get messy.. he stays over in the back room, knock three times and you will be let in.. please dont anger him today, I just fixed my lute". he says before turning and going to set at the other end of the bar.

What do you do?
>>
>>501850
Go in, give reginold the letter, get out.

Come on i want that troll.
>>
>>501850
Walk over to the back room and knock three times.

We really need a cloak and a black cloth to cover half our face.
>>
>>501863
Yes i was going to suggst that, when we get back to the market let's buy something to cover our face.
>>
File: hooded.jpg (22KB, 540x540px)
hooded.jpg
22KB, 540x540px
>>501863
Thats not shady..

You approach the back room, the bar keep gives you a knowing look and nod before turning away to pour a drink. You knock sharply and the door slowly opens, you come into a dark room lit by candles, it smells terrible, there are broken bottles and gold coins strewn about the room. In the far corner sets a large chair with a hooded man setting in it..

What do you do?
>>
>>501885
"Are you R?"
No need to use his full name.
If it's Reginald he'll know if not no harm done.
>>
File: Carver_throne.jpg (101KB, 400x456px) Image search: [Google]
Carver_throne.jpg
101KB, 400x456px
>>501895
Smart thinking

"yes, who are you?" he says in a low raspy voice that makes your skin crawl. He pulls off his hood to reveal he is a bieng known as a Farrow or Pig Kin. You see to his side he holds a mighty cleaver of sorts with dried blood indented into its make.

What do you say?
>>
>>501912
You guys want to take a break, or.. just really considering your options lol
>>
>>501912
"I'm just a delivery man. Here"

Hand him the envelope and leave.
No need to stay any longer than we have to.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>501949
Seconding.

(Sorry, was working but I'm good now)
>>
File: farrow.jpg (41KB, 453x519px) Image search: [Google]
farrow.jpg
41KB, 453x519px
>>501955
>>
>>501965
Fuck.

Retyping.

He takes the letter from you and begins reading it, "most.. disapointing" he says slowly. He then begins eating the letter, with a mouthful of paper he calls out into the darkness "Clive, Veron, to my side!" Another group of Farrow come from out of the shadows to their master. You then see them begin to whisper about something..

What do you do?
>>
>>501976
"If we're done her I'll be leaving."

Try to get out quickly.

Something suspicious is happening and we need no part in it.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>501976
Try to back out of the room silently while they talk. Disappointing is not a word the preceeds anything good, let's not be the messanger that gets shot.
>>
>>501988
Your able to quickly and quietly sneak back through the door, not wanting any more fights than you have to be in, as you begin to walk out your peer across the bar and see a strange figure setting in the corner booth, a tall man wearing a hood and cloak of elven make.

What do you do?
>>
>>501999
Sit at the bar and order a drink and watch him
If he leaves tail him let's see if we can figure out where he sleeps.
>>
>>502005
Anyone apposed to this plan?
>>
>>501999
Try to memorize as much about him without staring as we continue to exit the bar. Once outside, go around the bar and check for other exits. If none, climb onto the roof of a nearby building and watch for the target leaving the bar.
>>
>>502018
Do this it sounds cool.
>>
>>502018
Wish I had you guys at my real table..

You look him over real good as you walk to the exit, you start pulling apart each detail. "light blue cloak, gold trim, black shoes, drinking red wine", You lay each detail out in your mind, as you get close to the door you see a small crowd has began to form outside of the door, in the center are a 4 or 5 cygnar towns gaurd, and they look pissed..

What do you do?
>>
>>502029
Turn around
Now
They are probably looking for us.

Look for a back exit or window we can escape through.
>>
>>502041
Anyone apposed to this?
>>
File: Grimm to be continued.gif (504KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
Grimm to be continued.gif
504KB, 450x253px
>>502041
And this where we will stop for today, at the end of chapter 3, and we will continue again tomorrow with the escape. I hope you guys are enjoying the game, and I appreciate all the interaction. Glad we got to play again, looking forward to it. again, any players wanting to join on time or at all feel free to email me [email protected]

Have a good night/day guys.
>>
>>502056
I'm enjoying this and hoping to find out if our good deed goes unpunished.

Thanks for the run OP.
>>
>>502056
Thanks op, this is wonderful. Sorry I couldn't be here fully, time zones just too different. I still haven't been to a real game, though I want to. Military moves me so much is hard to find a group though.
>>
Bumping for interest and robots
>>
damn, this is amazing.
>>
File: battl6.jpg (303KB, 1230x709px) Image search: [Google]
battl6.jpg
303KB, 1230x709px
>>502698
OP here, anyone lurking, would love to continue or start a new while we wait for more people.
>>
>>502797
Ill stick around
>>
>>502802
Welcome, welcome.
>>
File: dock.jpg (205KB, 1600x684px)
dock.jpg
205KB, 1600x684px
>>502041
Seeing that no good deed goes unpunished, you freeze as you see that the militaryium are hot on your trail. Your training kicks in and you immediately pivot and begin walking to the back exit. As you walk you look from side to side hoping your not drawing too much attention to yourself. Once you are far enough through the tavern you bolt for the door, you quickly push open its hard wood frame and peer outside. You see a foggy dock, and the sun setting. It seems the rain has stopped and their are now little puddles in the cobblestone path. You see supply ships and lanterns being lit, as you turn to look back towards the taverns entrance, you see the military presenting a warrant to the bar owner, you know it cant be of legit purpose, but your not sticking around to see.

What do you do?
>>
>>502811
(Im under the assumption we are hiding from the guard as well as following someone. If not, I apologise for not understanding the situation.)

Go outside and close the door. While they are distracted with warrents take a moment to look for anything on this dock that can give you a boost and climb on top of the tavern. Stay out of sight and keep quiet.
>>
>>502822
(would be nice if you read everything up to here, some things are fairly important.)

You quickly close the door trying to stay unnoticed. As you look around, you try to eye anything that would give you the well needed extra few feet to get a good jump onto the bars roof. When your breathing settles you remember your rope and hook in your travel bag, in all the stress you forgot you had brought it on the mission. You take a few careful steps back and look up around the edges of the roof, you see a open second story window, and with a good throw, you could probably hook the windows ledge, then use that to get onto the roof.. the plan was risky, but could you really afford to take more time in finding a new one?

What do you do? Keep searching, Roll 2D6 for a throw, or your own option.
>>
Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d6)

>>502833
Throw and climb up. There is no time!

(I am reading it. I just didnt wanna keep you waiting.)
>>
File: roof.jpg (74KB, 564x851px) Image search: [Google]
roof.jpg
74KB, 564x851px
>>502834
(figured as much, appreciated two fold.)

You know that a slip up here could end in your execution so your aim has to be true. You sing the hook three or four times to get the momentum you need, and with still breath you let the hook go flying. It seemed you had overshot your throw, but just as your heart sank a small breeze was just enough to keep the hook in lines. It flies perfectly into the windows open ledge, you tug it once to see it if holds, and it does! You now had your escape, you take one last look around and begin to climb up... The rope is a bit slick with all the moisture in the air, but you manage easily. You hoist yourself onto the balcony, standing on the very edge of the railing you are able to jump to grab the roofs lip. You use all your dwarven might and pull yourself onto the wooden roof, you face scrapes the grime as you round the paneling. Once up you can see the entire city, many smoke stacks, all just like the next. You see the sun is setting slowly, you guess you still probably have another hour of good light left.

What do you do next?
>>
>>502838
Keep lookout from above to tail your target. But only tail after the guards leave first. No need to get too excited. Collecting the hook and rope is also a good idea, if not obvious.
>>
File: victim.jpg (297KB, 781x1026px) Image search: [Google]
victim.jpg
297KB, 781x1026px
>>502848
After about a half an hour you see the guards begin to leave, you duck down but watch closely. You see them dragging out some poor man shouting "it wasnt me!, please it wasnt me!".. he screams in agony as hes drug in heavy iron chains through the streets. "poor bastard.. maybe I should do something.. this is my fault.." you set quietly thinking, as your chance fades..

Do you react?
>>
>>502860
Follow them discreetly.

Maybe we can free him afterwards.

This anon has returned.
>>
>>502882
Welcome back anon, glad your back

Your path is not a very long one to be sure, you quickly run out of roof to scale. As the man is drug further into the recesses of the city, your sight draws thin. You begin to fear for his safety, and know you must make a decision here and now. Keep on the mark, Or be a hero.

What do you do?
>>
>>502888
>Keep on the mark

We can't stop to save everyone so why save him.
Someone has to go down.

It just ended up being him
>>
>>502900
As the last screams are uttered, you turn your head in shame and ignorance. "Someone has to go down." you say under your breath. Hearing the words come out leaves a chill on your skin, but you cant have regrets now, now was the time for action. But what action? You look around at your surroundings, a couple of drainage pipes, a few smoke pipes, and a class sky light. "He could stay in this place, for hours.. I need a way to draw him out.." you think to yourself..

But how? Or is there a better plan in the works..?
>>
>>502906
>Set the building alight and snipe him while he's running out with the rest.

Do this once it's dark enough to obscure our identity.
>>
>>502908
What do you use for the fuel, and what for the catalyst?

Interesting idea though.
>>
>>502915
Go back to where we left our jack.

We can use a sizeable branch (around the size of a torch should be good) and we can use the jacks internal engine for fire right?

They do have furnaces inside right?

This should not take too long.
>>
>>502925
If you are careful you could easily sneak back across town, you run the risk of your target leaving though, but this is doable, the choice is yours, you could also wait for another anons opinion.
>>
>>502929
There is one more way.

And I think I'll do it.

>Enter the bar
>Grab a drink
>Wait him out

If I can find where he sleeps.
>>
>>502933
You carefully climb off the roof and drop from the drainage pipe down to the cobblestone. You slip through the back door, and into the main room. The place is in greater distress, tables are flipped, class in broken, you see the bartender kneeling next to his bad cleaning what appears to be blood from bar panels. You carefully take a peek over to where your target was setting, he seems to still be there, but is obviously shaken up. He sets there with nervous hands and eyes, looking from his cup to out the window.

What do you do?
>>
>>502939
>Start flipping the tables back.
>Help our target.
>Ask what happened.
>>
File: jack2.jpg (49KB, 405x527px) Image search: [Google]
jack2.jpg
49KB, 405x527px
>>502947
He looks at you with deep red eyes, his mouth opens to speak but no noise comes out. He looks from side to side then leans in close and says, "those men.. I think they were looking for me.. they took a man I spoke to earlier.." He goes back to looking out the window and sipping his drink. You see the light has all but faded, a slow gentle rain now streams the windows, you hear a dock bell sound. You see a large warjack holding many crates in a cargo claw pass by, its iron plates coated in rust and barnacles, its face resembling a divers mask.

What do you do now?
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>502956
>Tell him he should probably get out of here and et to someplace safe.
>Also mention that they can be very violent.

>Tail him after he leaves.
I'm rolling to persuade him to skip town.
>>
>>502963
His eyes widen and he looks at you with great attention. "Will you escort me, kind stranger? I can pay you for your troubles.." he says throwing a few gold coins onto the table for his tab. He then begins packing away his glass into a soft leather bag, you see a shiny rod with a green crystal on the end pop out for just a moment before he tucks it back into the pack. "so what say you, see a old elf across town?" he says almost in a huff, knowing he must leave soon.

What do you do?
>>
>>502969
>Agree to escort him.
Once we're a while outside of town we can deal with him
>>
>>502976
He nods at you and stands up, he thanks the bartender and pulls up his hood as he walks to door and steps out. Thunder sounds as you stand at the entrance way, a cold rain falls on the grey blue world around you. A yellow light crosses your sight from time to time, you turn to see the Jack holding a entire metal cruising ship, using just its lifting claws it sets the ship into the water, showing the designs through strength. "we must be off now.." sylus says before walking off towards the town market. You follow him quickly, soon you reach the market, most of the lively chatter and trade have died down in these later hours. As you near the gates you round a corner and see that a small patrol is stationed at the gates, their blue armor gleaming in the storm and dying light. "Oh.. Scyrah, for why have you forsaken me.." he says quietly looking around for an alternate route, he stands beside the stone wall and kneels and looks up at you. "Any ideas, I think this is the only way in and out.." he looks nervous as he speaks.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>502997
Use our rope.

I assume we still have it.
>>
>>502998
You hang yourself and die.. Sylus is sad..

Joking aside.

I need a bit more information then that haha, I'm writing a narrative here.

Also if you are distracted or perhaps busy we can start up again in a few hours, these next parts will be critical to your characters story.
>>
>>503004
Use our climbing tool to rappel up the wall with sylus.
>>
File: lunch.jpg (148KB, 1300x866px)
lunch.jpg
148KB, 1300x866px
>>503009
Be back, going to grab some pizza for lunch, should be back in about an hour..
>>
Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

>>502997
Tell him we have a grapple to climb over the wall with, we just have to find a deserted section. Lead him along the wall until we are as alone as we can find, toss the grapple on the wall and order him to go first and we will keep lookout. As he starts to climb, stab him in the back with our spring blade aiming for his spine.
>>
File: back.jpg (43KB, 628x437px)
back.jpg
43KB, 628x437px
>>503609
OP has returned, anyone up for continuing?
Thread posts: 398
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.