[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 37

File: qtf op.gif (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
qtf op.gif
28KB, 500x500px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/p43nAY7b
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/0zE5SDpEB4RQRNyY

>QM Question
What aspects of your quest's presentation do you think you do well? What aspects do you think need work?

>Player Question
What catches your attention about a quest in the catalog?

>Bonus Question
Is reality merely a very persistent illusion, or perhaps a simulation? What would be the implications of living within a simulation?
>>
>>278121
>What catches your attention about a quest in the catalog?
Interesting title and OP image, if at a glance I can see that the quest is about something I am interested in, lots of responses in the first thread.

>Is reality merely a very persistent illusion, or perhaps a simulation? What would be the implications of living within a simulation?
If it is an illusion I've been living in it so long that it might as well be my reality. It'd be cool to manipulate it if I was aware of it though.
>>
File: FineHighBongo.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FineHighBongo.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>278121
LGA2 is up. >>>/tg/47858092

> QM Question
I personally think I do fine with writing characters and doing SoL stuff. I'm completely helpless with actual mechanics though.
>>
>>278411
> It'd be cool to manipulate it if I was aware of it though.
Neo and the spoon come to mind
>>
File: 1465439015010.jpg (495KB, 1176x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465439015010.jpg
495KB, 1176x1000px
>>278121
>QM Question
Don't really know yet. Haven't gotten a lot of feedback/input on that end. Personally I think I'm at least somewhat good at writing characters, maybe?

I still suck at a few points in the grammar section now and then.
>>
Anyone interested in a Fallout NV: Dead Money quest?
>>
Shilling my shitty Fanfiction Quest because I can:

>>278576
>>278576
>>278576
>>
soo.

After the failure of my Gwent quest. I am thinking of making a bootleg version of Gwent (Kwent) with four factions (Humans/Elves/Dwarves/Monsters). Each will have Pros and Cons...etc so anyone can participate.

Would you like a fully fledged CARD MINI QUEST? I have already finished the human faction, halfway through the elven faction.

Would love to here some thoughts
>>
>>278516
Yup run that shit senpai
>>
>>278121
>QM Question

I think I do well at action scenes and interesting premises

I think I could do better at pacing to retain an audience. I've been working on this by starting in media res as close as possible to an interesting point in the plot.

>Player
A good title mostly, since that often gives an elevator pitch of the quest

>Bonus Question
I don't think so. Such a problem surpasses the limitations of computation and mutual intelligibility implies that reality is more subtantial.
>>
>>278121
>QM Question
I think I write description and background flavour well. Or as least I write it, for better or worse. I think I need to work on my characterisation.

>Player Question
Quests that are about something that interests me and are in their first few threads. Threads don't really need to 'catch one's eye' if one regularly checks the catalog.
>>
>>278121
>QM Question
I think my presentation is a bit lazy, some may even call it entirely lacking. I see no reason to work on this as I'm not a QM.

>Player Question
Player numbers and bump rate, but I don't really pay attention to either the catalog on /tg/ or /qst/, I usually rely on hearsay for what catches my interest. There are a few big exceptions, and they're all fuckin' dead.
>>
Hello, I'm an old (like 3 months) QM, and last time i ran, there was no board just for quests. Does everything still work exactly the way it did, but on a new board, or are there any major changes I should know about?
>>
>>279197
Only real difference is
>3000 character limit
>OP can make bold, italicized, and colored text
>>
>>279197
The IDs are nice too. No more samefagging
>>
>>279221
Alright m8, I had a bit of a giggle.
>>
Question, what happens to a quest if it isn't archived here-does it just disappear forever?
>>
>>279225
archive.moe and bstats archives /qst/
>>
>>279228
Wow that's literally exactly what I needed. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>279361
>>279361
>>279361
Beleaguered Prince Quest #26 is now up. Does it still count as a waifu war when it's the waifus fighting each other? Come find out!
>>
Space Marine Applicant Quest is having our second session at >>265146

We're just getting started so feel free to contribute/shitpost to your liking
>>
File: Muddy bedroom.jpg (28KB, 199x579px) Image search: [Google]
Muddy bedroom.jpg
28KB, 199x579px
Brought back Dwarf Fortress Quest for round 2. Anyone's free to join. I'll answer stuff best I can. It's still pretty early in the game, most of part one was world creation.

Feel free to ask stuff.

>>279414
>>
>>278709
anyone?
>>
>>279457
Sorry man, no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>278914
You're main problem is that you don't link your threads on Twitter, you just announce it a few hours ahead of time but then launch the thread under radio silence.

I missed almost every mech Knight thread that way.
>>
>>279416

Just kidding, my second thread is at >>279473

you know, if anyone cares
>>
File: 205.gif (425KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
205.gif
425KB, 512x512px
>>278121

Well, my quest is up here, and in desperate need of players: >>274382
It's a skelebard doing skelebard-y things.

> QM Question
I like to think I write well. However, I may use a bit too many words per post, and give in to purple prose too often.

> Player Question
I can't really say. Maybe the biggest thing to get me into quests is a sense of personal connection with the people running. Like, if a person I know runs a quest, I try to help out by participating.

> Bonus Question
Could life be a simulation? Yes, everything is replicable if you can control all of the necessary factors. What's the implication? To the proper eye, we are nothing more than cogs in an ever whirring cosmic machine, as predictable in our movements and actions in four dimensions as any thing we may be able to see in two.
>>
Are there any kinds of quests that just flat-out don't work? I was thinking of doing a quest as a timekiller and to play with some chaff ideas from a thing I was writing on my personal time.

Also what's the average amount of time you should set aside in a day for running a quest?
>>
>>279601

It depends. Your own endurance as an author factors into it, of course. You have to remain within your comfort range. Otherwise, I've found players are willing to go from mid-afternoon to evening, though less from personal experience and more just from seeing other, successful quests run.

As for if there are quests that just don't work, I don't know. Pitch an idea, see what people think of it, try to get some early hype going, and then realize that all of that going forward is up to your own execution of the themes early on.
>>
>>278121
>>QM Question
>What aspects of your quest's presentation do you think you do well? What aspects do you think need work?

Just about the only thing I'm good at is probably world building. I'm QM'ing the Stuck in RPG quest and its been fun coming up with random stuff for the world of Zeltanna (I still have many more zany ideas which I've been hinting at here and there. e.g nutmen).

But I think literally everything else needs work (I wish this was false humility, but alas...), dialogue, characters, plot, writing, you name it. One thing I really have trouble with is actually proof-reading posts, usually I just reflexively hit post before realizing I should've proof-read. Dialogue, plot, and characters definitely need work but I think I'm improving with time.

>>Player Question

I don't really play. I find it more fun to QM than play, but the title, I've found, is often most important.

>>Bonus Question
>Is reality merely a very persistent illusion, or perhaps a simulation? What would be the implications of living within a simulation?

An interesting question. Consider this: suppose this theory were true, it would then explain the immesarueablity at the quantum level as a 'computational limitation' of the simulation. Similarly limits like the speed of light could be seen another 'computational limit'. But whether it is true or not, doesn't matter. If everything is a simulation then so are we and therefore we are the same as everything else, thereby making the simulation concept a moot point.

Gate gate, paragate, parasamgate.
>>
File: Laughing Dog ava.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Dog ava.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>278121

>What aspects of your quest's presentation do you think you do well? What aspects do you think need work?

The good:

+I have a great deal of depth for my quest's setting
+I think I can generate decent tension
+My writing is ok, not great - in particular, I have trouble with overusing the same words
+I have a huge library of pictures already set aside for it, including custom-made maps, character sheets, etc

The bad:

-I write slowly. My NJ public education decided to teach me 3 years of Spanish instead of typing
-I have trouble coming up with compelling enough options for the players, and rely too much on "write-in"
-I don't think I do a good enough job of pushing players to the answers. I assume they will pick up things they don't because I don't realize what is obvious to me, the writer, isn't obvious to them
-I over-narrate sometimes. Posts are occasionally too long and leave little room for players to interact, making it too much novel not enough RPG

Reality exists whether you like it or not. It doesn't care about you or your perceptions of it, it just is and actually I think it's hubris to assume the universe would bother to create an elaborate deception just to convince us of something. We aren't so important.
>>
>>279869

bonus round:

The ugly:

--I still haven't found a good dice system
--I can't get people to join the damned thing
>>
>>278121
Oh hey, I had completely forgotten I had that twitter list until someone sent me an @ to get added. Did twitter vamp ever get resurrected?
>>
test

(/spoiler/)test(/spoiler/)
>>
>>279950
Nah, twitter vamp is dead as doornails.
The hunters finally got him.
>>
>>280021
Oh. Well, if people want to use that list, I'm still cool with adding people.
>>
>>279880
>can't get people to join the damned thing
>recent thread had five nearly consistent posters
>dis here FUQBOIVEN QM thinks thats a too small amount for an eight thread quest
>one of those posters is me

I'll be honest dark, RPG quests of your type are niche. It might probably have attracted more attention on /tg/. You've obviously put a lot of prep work into things and the only really dislikable stuff I feel are the things you already listed as problems. If you could address those one by one and march on, and maybe increase the "presence" of the greentext options while limiting the amount of them (any more than four is a bit much, and so far when they are they wind up getting combined anyways), I feel that you'll gain players consistently. The sessions are kinda flighty, but that's a small detail for me. Others might feel it more important.
>>
Whatever happened to Dungeons and Dadaragons?
>>
File: alright_PipBoy.jpg (22KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
alright_PipBoy.jpg
22KB, 150x150px
>>279880
>I still haven't found a good dice system
Obviously I'm a little biased towards my own dice system, but 3d10 with degrees of success and failure seems to work pretty good for a quest format. Especially if you use a program like anydice to eyeball probability of your players passing any given DC. Let's you scale properly for how hard you want something to be.

Also mostly removes crits from the equations, since you've got a 1/500 chance of rolling either a Natural 3 or a Natural 30.
>>
>>280116
It died quietly during it's most recent thread if I am remembering correctly.
>>
>>278121
I'm new at QM'ing, though it's been very fun so far. Still looking for ways to improve both my storytelling and mechanics.

Gud:
- My quests were made to build a world around my friend's, and I think I'm doing pretty well exploring and explaining the world around it.
- I think our simultaneous quests in the same universe is a pretty neat gimmick, and we made a crossover which worked pretty well.
- I put very small details in the drawing or the text that hints at things that were/yet to come. Though I feel like they're easily missed due to my bad art.
- This might either be plus or a minus depending on the tastes but I try to put a line for the quest's atmosphere. I try to stick to a more serious tone, and slowly I think people are getting that and there's not as much over the top silly commands that will derail things completely. Though I like to sprinkle humor to keep things light here and there for a change of pace, I will always put a line somewhere to prevent absolute chaos.

Bad:
- My drawings are poo poo.
- I draw super slow which really takes out the momentum of player commands, working on that.
- We liked the world lore so much that it's hard to do things that might break it in fear of inconsistency.
- Mechanics for rolls is kinda inconsistent for now, I've been trying first come first serve, and also averaged rolls, there's good and bad aspects of both so I tried mixing them up depending on the situation.
- Not sure if this is bad or good but I will have a general outline of how I'd like things to end up, and the collective part is more of the journey/how to get there itself. Though sometimes the suggestions can be really good and I will change my mind completely.
- Everyone dies.
- My drawings are poo poo.

I think that I'm doing okay so far, but could always use feedback.

Self-drawn thumbnails always piques my interest. It doesn't matter if it's bad or good drawing, as long as it looks like it had an effort put on it, it makes me want to check it out. I'm also kinda deterred by quests that are already at their part 5 and up, since catching up can be a real pain. That's why I try to make mine quick and simple and not too heavily dependent on past threads to know what's going on.

Real or illusion my life is/will be shit anyway so I'm not sure if it matters. In both cases I'll just spend it all shitposting/wageslaving/masturbating.
>>
>>278121

Question: Why the fuck would you run a Taimanin Asagi Quest.

Question 2: WHY WOULD IT HAVE NO SEX

Question: Why the fuck would the QM force a male PC

Where's all the demon rape? Where's the over-the-top hentai dialogue? Everyone is acting all mature and shit, like they're from Tokyo Ghoul or something.
>>
>>280387
Damn, it had such potential too...
>>
File: momiji-11.jpg (330KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
momiji-11.jpg
330KB, 429x600px
>>267968
>>267968
>>267968
Hero Guardian Quest continues after the GoT break.
>>
>>280468

It didn't. That one asshole has tried to run it multiple times, and each iteration choked to death on pretentiousness.
>>
>>280064

I'd like to hear more about what I could improve upon. Don't hesitate to bring some of this up in hte next thread.
>>
I only did like 2 quests. Both of them were on /d/ at the time. Finished one, the other I didn't because janitors were just killing quest threads left and right with no provocation or warning.

Since this is a blue-board, I'm gonna take a wild guess that I can't post smut-based questing in this board? If not here, then where?
>>
>>280775
Post it on >>>/trash/ .
>>
>>280414
>He doesn't want to play a ninja sarariman with a smoking hot wife and a cyborg, quadruple amputee sister-in-law
But to be more serious, wait for it. While it's a blue board quest, there might be turbolewd pastebins in the future.
>>
>>280775
Was it smut images, or smut writing?

Actually, if it's either, then you can just post pastebin links if you're desperate.

But like. If we're talking all of it is smut-to the point the MC uses his penis based weapon to take out the giant vagina monsters of planet G-Spot, then you are probably out of luck sadly.

Which is a shame. this place doesn't really need to be a blue board.
>>
>>280941
Something like that. I guess I can post the pastebin to the successful one here for reference? Although I guess it would be the best idea to just start a new one in /trash/.
>>
>quest finished
happy tears were shed yet again
>>
>>279526
Thanks. I'll fix that
>>
>>281069

Go back to >>>/tg/
>>
>>281159
as soon as you tell me what to read next, comrade.
>>
>>281171
What are you looking for, and what did you just finish?
>>
>>278121
>QM question
I think I'm decent enough at writing characters, dialogue, and world building, but I know I definitely need to improve my descriptions.

Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm putting just enough detail or if I'm going too far. Pacing is also a problem, since I like to give my players more options than is probably necessary so I can properly prepare encounters that should've been preplanned long ago.

I also kind of gave up on finding decent pictures to try to reduce time between posts. (I can be terrible at preparation.)

>Player Question
Good art or an interesting title is enough to draw me in, though I tend to gravitate to quests with great world building. Lackluster writing is usually a turn off.

Unless it's been applauded by other people or I followed the quest since inception, I tend to avoid quests with higher numbers on them.

>Bonus Question
Living in a simulation would be kind of cool actually. That means there's probably some greater purpose to existence.

>>279674
You should also let your players know when you're taking a break from the quest rather than disappearing for days or hours at a time.

I've definitely seen improvement in your writing though. Maybe try adding short descriptions between dialogue. Try adding some little things, like mentioning expressions and body language. I've read that reading your post out loud before posting it is a great way to catch mistakes and improve what you write. It was pretty good advice, senpai.

>>280390
I'm a sucker for continuity and stories set in the same world. Your drawings are pretty cute and though they take time to draw, I enjoy the rarity of a "good" drawing when it's included. I think you should focus less on your drawings (since those should naturally improve with time) and maybe focus on adding to them through descriptive and intriguing writing?
>>
>>281283
So far my workflow is
- pick the interesting/most voted commands
- arrange them in an order that can flow with the story
- draw how I imagined the scene plays out
- type up an update as I have the finished image open on the side, basically describing the image

I guess the way I'm writing the update by describing the image itself might've limited myself. Maybe I should do the opposite and write about what is going to happen first and then draw the image based on the writing instead?

Kinda curious how other people's workflow when doing an update is like.
>>
File: Untitled.png (15KB, 352x441px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 352x441px
>>281283
>I also kind of gave up on finding decent pictures to try to reduce time between posts
You should collect your art ahead of time, and get as much as you can at once. I've found tumblr pretty useful for this, since as much as I dislike the website in general it's convenient to have a dashboard covered in good art. Means while I answer player questions I can just scroll through adding to my collection. Surfing deviantart and artstation is also useful.
>>
>>>/trash/3589859

Welp. Time to get this quest rollin'. Don't know how long this will go, but I'm curious to see what sights the MC is gonna behold. No fetish is entirely off the table save for most kinds of vore, scat, guro, snuff, and necro.
>>
>>280210
>>281355
Fuck off Soma, your hive of shitposting and villainy is hardly an example to be followed.
>>
>>281212
the implication was that he was aware of what quest just finished, and so probably participated as well. By asking, I am not just looking for a recommendation, but also probing what quests like-minded anons read.

so, ah, not too sure you can help me with this.
>>
File: Sh-shit.png (167KB, 398x269px) Image search: [Google]
Sh-shit.png
167KB, 398x269px
>>281370
H-hey, that's not true. We've had good discussion lately.
Thread 200 soon. Elaudia never.
>>
>>280941

I'm not a fan of lewds, it's just really weird that the MC is having a touching moment with his wife when you know there's art of her getting spitroasted by orcs.

The really weird thing is that there isn't even room for fucking around, the MC is happily married.
>>
You guys know how some anon said earlier on how you can pretty much set up or predict the flow of a quest based on the the choice patterns of quest players?

That said, doesn't it mean that you can pretty much set up choices and set up- future memespam in a quest by manipulating away or toward the trends? Pretty much what I'm getting here is that railroading can actually be achieved, and players will eat off your hand?

Example:

If you have a disgusting, despicable villain in a quest who likes to piggshly gobble down whisky-syrup pancakes, how will players then make choices later when the dreaded-but-inevvitably mandatory "Let's have something for breakfast" option comes up?

Will players BSOD, or will they eat off your hand with the breakfast options you lay out for them?
>>
>>281458
I'm not entirely getting what you mean. You're talking about manipulating players, but your example did better at referencing a quest than it did at explaining your point.
>>
>>278121
>still using the Spooky /tg/ pastebin
The other one is even updated with /qst/ relevant links and shit, come on
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 700x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 700x428px
>>278121
>qm question
+i think my writing is solid and i can put out 400 words in roughly 15-20 minutes.
+my girlfriend participates with (what i think) is pretty decent art every 15-20 minutes.
+i rarely ever find myself grasping for ideas and taking too long to push out an update during a session.
+my presentation of tough choices with no clear "right" answer gets people discussing and questioning themselves to a satisfactory degree for me.

-my availability to run the quest went to utter shit, with serious overtime, hospital trips, and moving into a new place.
-my title wasnt very good. For a quest with the word genocide in it, there certainly hasnt been a whole lot of mass death.
-my pacing might be bad. Too many slow uneventful points in the quest.
-it took me forever to settle on a dice system.
-my writing was very inconsistent for the first 2-3 threads.
----i for the life of me cant get good feedback on how and where i can improve, and i know i can.

>pq
The title, the first image, the first post, the theme, and if its a drawquest, and the speed of updates.
I hardly have time to run my own shit, let alone participate in others, so i often lurk.

>bq
It only matters if you can escape of ascend from said simulation. The implication being that your entire existance was a waste or for nothing. But even that all depends on the fine details.
>>
should I bring back my HP quest /qst?
>>
>>281634

Just created this quest. Any help is much appreciated.
>>
>>281642
dear god why
>>
>>281645
can you name specifics?
>>
>>281567
god damm i hope its all going ok for you man, i was wounderig when genocide would be coming back well the more you do the better youl get good luck with the rlf thigns oh and yer loved to art work that you had going:) come back to us:)
>>
File: tegaki.png (111KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
111KB, 400x400px
>>281645
i satisfied your request, any input?
>>
>>278121
I think I get the humour across well, both in dialogue between characters and in general writing. Giving players choices that matter I something I do well, that's a trap I see many a QM fall into.
>Rush forward into obvious trap
>Proceed cautiously

There's no call for votes like that. Even less so in standard responses to conversation prompts. I am fairly good at presenting anons with choices that either somehow matter and would warrant discussion or otherwise have clear consequences on way or the other ( or I like to think I do anyway).

As for areas that could use improvement, probably the two biggest would be:
(1) Consistency. I need to remember exactly what level of technology the world is set in, capture enough realism without making it moot by some statement three threads later.
(2) Crunch, or lack thereof. The system we're running off is... less than forgiving and it reflects in the rolls. Something I'm looking into, I just hope the change doesn't render it less enjoyable.

The description being longer than two sentences helps. The picture being anything other than a stickman in some vague situation is also a plus. And (more recently for me) evidence of a previous thread or more to indicate there is something of substance beyond a half-arsed oneshot.

This is too esoteric for me to answer seriously, so I'll just make an Inception joke about how we are simulating situations on /qst/ while life itself is a simulation or something.
>>
>>278492
You much good on the words things.

As for a major strong point, quickly establishing characters. It's one thing to name and describe a new face, it's another to -establish- them, to make the players hold some sort of opinion on them, even if it's one of active dislike at first (Ms.Bitch being a good example). That's more than what most people can manage in a post or two.

And the best thing? You've already demonstrated a ruthless willingness to kill that sort of character off. Even if we have our 'comfy moments', it never falls into the trap of anything or anyone feeling truly safe or untouchable for reasons of plot when combat is imminent. Of course... early days but I hope you keep it up, Raubtier.
>>
File: 1465439951510.jpg (9KB, 167x192px) Image search: [Google]
1465439951510.jpg
9KB, 167x192px
>>281911
Thanks a bunch, anon!
>>
Two questions:

Would any of you play an over-the-top fantasy scifi cyberpunk spy quest?

And are any of you still interested in Lemontree Quest?
>>
>>281465
It means that we can basically predict the outcome of a quest or the choices taken, based on the statistics/trending choices of questers.

Knowing the trends, we can theoretically fuck with our questers' heads towards setups or choices that are off the beaten path.

>what's for breakfast?
>pancakes!

Many many many many many quests have the audience always picking pancakes and how godly they are.
>>
>>282773
While I think you're mostly right, I know of a few quests that ended in ways I never would've seen coming. coughAIQuestcough

Throwing shit to confuse players is always a nice way to introduce excitement. Just got to be careful not to do it too much or else people will get super mad.
>>
What was everyone's first quest they joined?
What was everyone's first quest they created?
>>
>>283311
>What was everyone's first quest they joined?
Three Kingdoms Quest by Raian years ago.
>What was everyone's first quest they created?
Not a QM.
>>
>>283311
What was everyone's first quest they joined?

Three Kingdoms Quest in 2014. Zhu Xing and his waifu Lu Lingqi. I miss it. ;_;

What was everyone's first quest they created?

Lost Island Quest.

>>283350
Ayyyyy, what up?
>>
>>283311
>First Quest Joined
I'm pretty sure it was Evo Quest, the original one with Blorp. We were like a blob or a newt or something and quickly became a horrifying monstrosity capable of stopping meteors and shit. Also the leader of a civilization.

It was either that, or Influence Quest. Which I think was EGO's very, very first quest on /tg/. I might be wrong about that though. Then there was More Than Human Quest, which was another thing I enjoyed but it died pretty quickly.

I might have followed /tg/ MetaQuest for a while, but dropped the shit outta that right quick.

>First Quest Created
Though debatable whether or not it was a quest, the first thing I ever ran on /tg/ was a Civ Game. The very first civ game on the board, though they'd existed on /b/ for months or maybe a year at that time. If we exclude civ games, then my first quest was probably... I don't remember the name very well, but I think it was something to the effect of Asshole Quest. It was a 2-thread nonstarter I just sorta ran to see if my writing was suitable for the format my next quest was going to be in.
>>
>>283405
nex thred wen
>>
>>283311
Can't remember the name, it never got past it's first thread. There was a necromancer involved?

Prisoner Quest. Still quite happy about how that one turned out.
>>
>>283405
The cyberpunk asshole quest? The one that starts with the MC dropkicking a guy out a window on the 70th floor? That was fun.
>>
>>283431
No, no. Different asshole quest. I had vague notions that it would end with hunting mutants/being abducted by mutants in the sewers on national television, but players decided to go a different way with it and burn down their office like an employee who's had their stapler stolen one too many times.

>>283418
I'll announce it in the thread.
>>
File: 2.jpg (646KB, 892x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
646KB, 892x890px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/26-rise-of-chaos/EgKvFY9PoHMsTcw4J
>>
I'm interested by the idea of having a Quest follow the player as a Genie who must grant a set number of wishes to mortals.

What do you think would be the best way to manage the game to make it fair and consistent for the player? Should there be limitations on what can be wished for, or how much? Most importantly would players get sick of not being able to make wishes of their own?

Dunno, just thinking.
>>
in-character suggestions
or
majority suggestions
>>
>>283405
>I might have followed /tg/ MetaQuest for a while, but dropped the shit outta that right quick.

I'm sure you might like something in the genre but only if things were executed vastly different.
>>
>>283935
Yeah, he'd probably like something of a meta quest on siscon doujinshi's.
>>
>>283311
The first quest I followed which wasn't shit was Sleeping Gods Quest which started earlier this year.

A quest years ago on /tg/ about a teenage boy who picks up a dead paladin's sword which sticks to his hand; it only lasted for one quite poor thread in which there was no plot development and consisted largely of walking through countryside without meeting anyone.
>>
A quick question. What else can a QM do to attract more players?
>>
>>283955
Honestly?
consistency, reliability, and honesty.

Not spewing shit here. I'd take a QM who does what he says he's gonna do, tells me when he can run/is leaving for a reason, and knows how to hold his thread together, over a quest of my favorite thing ever any day.

Quest themes, and shit attract players. But good QMs keep them.
>>
>>283311

>QM Question

One of Sominus's DBZ quests.By the third thread, I was fucking done with his ass and thought "I could do better than this hack!"

>Player Question

"The King of Fighters Quest". I thought I learned from Som's mistakes. I only ended up repeating them before running a quest that got so bloated full of filler that I decided to do a "Soft" reboot.

Speaking of which...

>>278576
>>278576
>>278576
>>
>>283963
Do you have any tricks or advice about getting more reliable and consistent?
I imagine setting off time and becoming a better and swifter writer has to do with it, but anything that helps is a nice boon.
>>
>>283983
>Tips
Just dont abandon threads. Even if you think no one is there, post that you're sleeping. Or that you gave up, or dont like the quest as much as you thought you would. Yeah, it kinda sucks, but not knowing is worse in pretty much everyway in my opinion.

Besides that though? Hell man. Just talk to anons. If you're the type to like schedules, set up days you wanna run, at whatever time you can. Make plans.

The most reliable way to do it is with twitter, since its really easy to gather past fans for threads. Posting here for advertisement probably helps too a little bit.

As for writing speed, I honestly dont care how long it takes posts to come as long as they come eventually. some people are impatient though so as long as you can squeeze one out every 20-30 minutes, you should be fine. This is all coming from someone who's had many a quest he enjoyed left in the dust forever, so maybe I am bias on this matter. But that's my advice.
>>
>>284010
Thanks, man. Really. I will not give up. I will try to get better with my timings too.
>>
>>278121
I've started running a quest >>283397 can anyone give me tips on how to get players to notice it?
>>
>>284031
Good luck then, QM. Just know that sometimes, quests just don't pull in the audience that you want. Whether it be lack of traffic, or just people don't think the idea is cool as you do, shit just happens sometimes.

To me though, long as there's one anon that gives a fuck that's worth running over.
>>
>>284010
>not knowing is worse in pretty much everyway in my opinion.
Oh boy this. I've got 10~ tabs open for quests that look like they had potential but they just end with a couple players responding to the last QM post several hours or days ago. It's like, shit man, at least say that you quit instead of bitching out.
>>
>>284053
It is mostly annoying to me because I am a stubborn cunt and I will sit on those threads until they autosage. Like, I get it man. Sometimes the quest isn't as fun as you thought being a QM would be. That's fine. Just fucking tell me so I can leave with my mind at ease.
>>
>>283983
Make a twitter, and announce threads on twitter. Seriously, number one thing a serious QM needs to have. It's super convenient for scheduling.

Other than that, set a schedule and stick to it I suppose. At least for the first dozen or two dozen threads. After that, once you've built up a player base, then you can be a little more loosey goosey with it.
>>
>>284096
>then you can be a little more loosey goosey with it.
I fucking hate you you God damned kike.
But fuck me I'm too invested to leave now.
>>
>>284051
Thanks. Honestly, I like a small player base too. It feels somewhat intimate that way too. But then I come from a D&D GM background, so I would think that.

>>284096
Hum. I might have to get over my social anxieties, then... Thanks for the advice, man.
>>
>>284053
>>284062
Should we make another, "Where are they now?" Thread?
>>
>>284142
Have those ever scrounged up the QMs, or are they for feels sharing purposes?
Either way, I am sure plenty of people can relate.

>>284136
Yeah, I sorta agree. I have only a little experience with huge player bases but that shit is chaotic and uncomfortable to me.I usually ended up a lurker in the larger quests, since my votes both were not needed, nor did they matter.
>>
>>283951
Now I remember that I followed Mr Bones' necromancer Text Adventure Quest in 2013.
>>
>>284096
>It's super convenient for scheduling.
Yu fuq.

>>284118
Basically the goal of any semi-serious quest runner that wants to aim long term is to do this to a player; to make them addicted and be their supplier.

O'course it only happens if the world and the character's choices in it were good enough in the first place to draw that sort of attention. After that the quest pace can go to a crawl and even if you switch the genre for, oh, I'unndo, two dozen threads, you can still keep going.
>>
>>284152
Dear god, you too?
What a weird time for quests that was.
>>
File: Smug Shota 1.jpg (145KB, 560x332px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Shota 1.jpg
145KB, 560x332px
>>284118
I love you too, Anon.

>>284154
>even if you switch the genre for, oh, I'unndo, two dozen threads
If I could erase one thing from the quest, this'd probably be it. I dug myself in too deep though. C'est la vie.
>>
>>284157
I've been reading back over it for the first time in years and the writing is so amusing. I haven't even mentioned it or thought of it in at least year or so.
>>
>>283311
Gobble's Pokemon quest first got me into questing. I've always been a fan of the games and it was fun to follow Kat's story as she progressed from a rookie trainer to an elite.

I've since followed a bunch of high quality quests to get a feel of how to get and maintain players and interest: Vox's Dungeon Life Quest, Soma's Banished Quest (though he enjoys every single shitstorm and actively encourages them), and several others that I followed more for personal taste.

I currently run Pokemon Adventure Quest. I noticed a lack of Pokemon related quests on /qst/ that weren't evo or civ quests, and I had been developing a highly modified version of Pokemon Tabletop. I wanted to develop the world further with players and I thought it would be a good opportunity to finally try questing out.

I think I can call it a success. I've definitely gotten more voters than I ever hoped for, especially with how rocky the quest started. I just hope we can get through the eventual waifu wars without too much salt.
>>
>>284234
>Haven't thought of it in a year
Neither have I really, but I remember enjoying those quests quite a lot. Mr bones was weird as fuck, but he knew how to have a good time. Wonder whatever happened to that bastard.
>>
>>284178
And to think, that portal could've ended up anywhere the Rhynians had previously been. Or fiat'd into the middle of the death desert because it was a portal whose goal was a surgical strike on the Hiacian capital. We could've popped out on a different continent, or in a ruin that was closer to the surface but filled with whatever abject Rhynian mutants.
It's just, it had so much potential, and these were things knocking around in my head during said thread.

Instead we get Neo-Amsterdam and learn how fire magic intimidation is a terrorist sandelf's best friend.
But hey, at least the Padishah will enjoy the new firepower and desalinization plants, dragon coupons available at your nearest mountain.
>>
>>284249
Hey you run the pokemon quest huh? Can I ask something?

What's with all the yuri man?
Like, every pokemon quest I see has it in it. At least, somewhat anyway. Haven't seen yours but I remember reading someone was running a yuri pokemon quest on qst.
>>
>>284249
Waifu wars were sort of funny. Everyone seems OK though chill-ish crowd.Really enjoy your quest though man.
p.s. We still need to track down that sableye again I left for an hour that day and missed my chance!
>>
in-character suggestions
or
majority suggestions
>>
>>284049
When you start character creation, you should start with one thing at a time instead of having the players fill in so many options at once.

Your first post should introduce the world players will join. It should intrigue a stranger and have them want to join you. Ideally this would be accomplished through quest title and picture, but writing a few paragraphs if you plan to writefag will inform potential players of your writing quality (which won't matter as much if you present an interesting world they want to explore).

You should probably pick a name and gender yourself and inform your players that that's who they are. Your first choice should be about player race. Once that's done, give them a bit of backstory about their race and how the character grew up before presenting the players with a short list of archetypes like warrior, rouge, mage. That's how you should determine skills.

Next you would start the story and then decide traits based on choice.

That's probably the best way to start it.
>>
>>283900
>>284305
Why do only ask of those two?
In-character suggestions by majority,
Majority suggestions taken and made in character,
Write-ins made in-character then taken by majority, etc.
There are plenty of things that don't work well but it's not like you're forbidden from dynamicism.
>>
>>284151
I think it attracted a few MIA QM's, but yeah it was mostly to talk about quests that suddenly died without warning or QM's that dropped from the face of the world.
>>
>>284347
I know I certainly wouldn't complain about the chance to complain about QMs I miss.
>>
>>284353
Right, I'm going to create one after diner if there's no objections.
>>
>>284353

So, who's on the MIA list?
>>
What are some of the better quests on /qst/?
>>
>>284359
You mean for me?
QM of:
>Fortress Quest
>Supernatural Butler Quest
Those are the main ones I remember lately. A lot of others I wasn't terribly interested in, or I've forgotten the specific name.
>>
>>284262
I think yuri is just really really popular. Or just, since most of the player base is straight guys any well written or waifubait character will do. From what I can tell, unless you explicitly tell your fanbase your character is a gay male, they'll go for the girl every time.

If your character is a girl and there's another girl, the player base will chase that girl until the lesbians happen. And most QMs won't say no.
>>
>>284401
Yeah I guess that's fair enough. It just seemed strange to me it was so popular with pokemon in particular. Maybe just a lot of pokemon quests have female MCs.
>>
>>284401
>>284262
It's about 50% chance for anons to want to go Yuri. It really depends on the playerbase. So yeah a Pokemon quest would draw people that would prefer Yuri.
>>
>>284378
>Fortress Quest
That's not the dwarf fortress inspired one with the Noble trying to make a fortress in the middle of the woods is it? And there are 'crews' organized by labor type and such?

I was the QM of that. It kind of just died so I let it be. This makes me want to start it back.
>>
>>284425
Maybe

I was sad when it withered away without a word, is all I'll say. I personally enjoyed it, I just didn't have time to give it posts all the time.
>>
File: Black Company Cover.jpg (111KB, 642x924px) Image search: [Google]
Black Company Cover.jpg
111KB, 642x924px
Don't know if anyone cares, but after a month long hiatus Black Company will be back soon. On the regular as well, hopefully.

>>283311
>First to join
I can barely remember. I know I trawled through the archives before I ever participated in a live quest though, I think Lord Quest was the first I read.

>First to create
Militia Quest
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=militia_quest
It's a shame too, but real life shredded any chance of continuing that (I joined the Army, so it wasn't just questing that was fucked).
>>
>>284151
>Have those ever scrounged up the QMs, or are they for feels sharing purposes?

A few missing QMs show up, but I don't think it's ever restarted a dropped quest yet.
>>
>>284510
It restarted Hoovertown Horror Quest, which then died again. The QM apparently had to type everything from his phone because he had no better hardware, so I can understand why it wasn't convenient for him to run it.
>>
>>284360
It honestly depends on your taste.

Banished Quest is a long running quest and Soma can be an annoying shithead (I still love him though.) but he writes consistently well. You play as a black elf mage and you explore a super interesting world.

Dungeon Audit Quest is another good one and generated a lot of discussion. It's surprisingly fun building a dungeon together with 20+ strangers. The art is pretty cute too.

The Demonity Quest QMs write a bunch of one-off draw quests that can be fun to participate in. You really get a sense of a shared universe.

Jim Mac wrote an interesting superhero quest based on (in my opinion) one of the best written cape stories on the Internet. He got hit by a car but should be returning soon.

Stuck in an RPG quest draws a good number of people. It's a great example of how to world build and the writing has started to improve. Romance John when?

I'm currently following a new thing called Legacy Quest, which features fun puzzles and frequent player death.

And finally, if you like dnd and pathfinder, Lost Island Quest does an interesting variation to the setting. You play as a harem protag with snowflake powers, but it's done pretty well. There's about 50 threads you have to read to catch up though.

Those are at the top of my head but I'm sure there's others out there. Really, you should just follow stuff that interests you. I swear I'm not a shill, I just really like questing.
>>
File: inner sasuke.jpg (57KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
inner sasuke.jpg
57KB, 728x546px
Since I'm running Edgy Harry Potter Fanfic Quest, I'm going to adapt it to post on fanfiction.net.

However, I need a good edgy pen name. Keep in mind that this quest features a cyborg ninja Harry Potter and Professor Snape who's really Itachi Uchiha.
>>
>>284439
>>284425
You mean the one with the MC getting his dick kicked off by his sister?

Also din din is done so I'll go ahead and make that thread.
>>284358
>>
>>283405
>I might have followed /tg/ MetaQuest for a while, but dropped the shit outta that right quick.

What reasons made you drop it? The petty revenge fantasy bit?
>>
>>284636
I honestly can't remember for the life of me. I mean that was, what, five years ago now that it started?
>>
>>284641
Yes, about five years ago. Was it from drowning in all the book keeping and pastebinnery?
>>
I was thinking of doing a quest based on Trigger anime. Like Kill la Kill, TTGL, Space Patrol Luluco and the like. Really bombastic action and asanine plots and shit like that would anyone be interested in something like that?
>>
done
>>
Is questing banned from /tg/? Or is it just preferred to have it here?
>>
>>284690
Still allowed for the foreseeable future. You can run on either with no problems.
>>
>>284601
Sonic the Hedgewig
>>
>>284671
a TTGL quest would be cool
>>
>>284756
That could work. I was also considering Dread Renegade to see if FFN users could connect the dots and because it's edgy
>>
The year is 1353, Year of Our Lord.

Christendom is facing its darkest moment, although that isn't saying much giving the last few hundred years of torment and martyrdom.

Constantinople has fallen to the Mamluks.

After 50 years of violent struggle, the Teutonic Knights have finally seized Northern France from the Tuyyubids of the Iberian peninsula.

Just five years ago, led by a 14 year old maiden, Occitania was reconquered by a Crusading force, fighting not for glory nor riches, but survival.

However, a new darkness from the North, the East and from the stars above threatens to engulf Christendom.

In the north-west, the ululating Aztec hordes sacrifice everyone they capture. Great pagan temples adorn the Highland of Scotland, in which beating hearts are carved out of their owner's chest to appease Huitzilopochtli.

In the East, the Mongols burn down entire cities and villages, sparing none. They have already struck Poland, Lotharingia's traditional ally in the East. With one less ally, Lotharingia is weaker than ever.

And above, a race of Mantis-men have descended onto the Muslims, bringing great devastation upon them. At first, Christendom, seeing Qurtubah and Baghdad burn to the ground, wept joys of tears as these mysterious invaders brought years of much-needed relief to Christendom under pressure. But as news emerged of the Mantis-Men "throwing suns" onto the Saracens with extreme prejudice and smiting them from afar in a most dishonorably way and raining smaller fires onto them, the attitude of the Christian world cooled considerably.

You are 19 year old Joan of Lotharingia, a veteran of the Acquitanian Crusade, the one who led its armies, regent of 12 year old Lothaire XII, son of the late Pepin VIII, who advocated for you, protecting you from accusations of witchcraft.

And your faith in the banner of Christ is under great stress.
>>
>>285239
Sounds fucking stupid, I'd play it.
>>
>>285239
This sounds like for than a few of my CK2 games with Sunset Invasion on. Though I would have to be the Muslims to get them strong enough to be pouring into Northern France.
>>
>>285239
>This believable world brought to you by Paradox Interactive :^)
>>
>>285259
>like for than
like more than*
>>
File: 8b026ffb35f57133e830f9723412894c.png (175KB, 1524x827px) Image search: [Google]
8b026ffb35f57133e830f9723412894c.png
175KB, 1524x827px
can someone tell him he's wrong?

https://twitter.com/SaSentinels/status/743711899821301765
>>
>tfw your QM senpai is too much of a drunk to ever notice you.
>>
>>285321

>tfw when you used to run a quest and had a crush on one of your players
>tfw when that quest crashes to hell and she ignores you without telling you the reason why she did.

Fuck.
>>
>>285327
>had a crush on one of your players

Nigger what?
>>
>>285329

She was edgy in a good way.

Then again, "she" could've been a male pretending to be a female.

Her choices were really distinct.
>>
>>285327
>tfw you're pretty sure it's mostly one person that's making most of the replies in your quest
>tfw similar intimate dependent feelings of love
>>
>>285272
There's a bigger drop between #4 and #5 than there is between #11 and #12...
>>
>>285334
did you fuck her
>>
>>285239
>19 year old Joan of Lotharingia,
>a veteran
excuse me?
>>
>>285691
That's entirely possible in a medieval society, isn't it?
>>
>>282042

Contractor Quest thread 9 is picking up shortly
>>
>>285735
well when you say veteran, do you mean "experienced and asked for for advise" or "just served"?

because child soldiers were often just ordered around and never really got to command. I suppose if you had a 15ish noble straight out of training serving in a relatively important position, they could conceivably count as a veteran, but that's cutting it a bit close.
>>
>>285741
If you have the regent advocating for you we can assume they're nobility of some sort.

Experience doesn't mean your asked to advise in that setting either. At the Battle of Agincourt the Marshal of Paris was the only one with prior battlefield experience, and he was only 5th in rank by terms of seniority. He couldn't even order his crossbowmen to fire without leave from some young blueblood runt.
>>
>>285272

Yeah... Sup/tg/ votes don't mean a lot, especially differences of that magnitude. I mean, one vote? Is that how you draw the line between success and failure?

I could understand if he went full HQR, where you used to see Gold, Purple, Green, White and then Red (that is before some anon padded the shit out of them with false voting). The point is, one vote really isn't anything to worry about.
>>
>>283311
>First quest joined
The first quest I actually began participating in (as opposed to just lurking) Was Metahuman Quest. MHQ was beautiful, and then it died.

The first quest I lurked was probably something terrible.

>First Quest created
Future Cyborg Quest. It started out with the concept that the players were turned into a cyborg with magic hacking powers against their will, and they were going to rebel against the corporation that 'owns' them.

Three threads later, they're risking life and limb for their new shadowy organization and shooting teenage girls with gauss rifles.

Lots of fun, though.
>>
File: Ideas.png (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ideas.png
57KB, 500x500px
>>286434
Triple D remains one of my favorite QMCs.
>>
Fallquest the Vagrant is back for the day. Onto the breach once more. Wooh!

>>279687
>>286486
>>
I miss crusader quest

>tfw Wilhelm never got his second waifu
>>
File: 1458271436531.jpg (545KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1458271436531.jpg
545KB, 1024x768px
KOF Quest:R #7 is back for today.

>>278576
>>278576
>>278576
>>
alrighty another go.

i am playing tol run a mini quest which heavily focuses on the player trying to win a card tourney.

cards in question would have been from gwent from witcher 3 bt due to obvious reasons. I decided to make a bootleg version out of gwent called Kwent from the scratch.

tl;dr wanna run a card quest, i have only 1 faction left to complete read this and tell me what you think:

http://pastebin.com/NnD4muAY
http://pastebin.com/NnD4muAY
>>
Are there still players out there waiting for the second arc of Saving Anime Quest?

Otherwise I'll just drop it.
>>
Last active civ evo game died today >>286759
>>
File: preah.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
preah.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
Anyone feels like reading a bad quest?

>>276977

I suck! But I want to learn. =w=
I'd be thankful if you just post choices at random!
>>
>>287487
Don't worry I suck and also want to learn. I blame my literary training as a historian that tells me to make things as detailed as possible, which no doubt intimidates people.

I have maybe one or two dedicated players, but as long as you have fun writing it and there is someone willing to read it it is fine. Nothing can replace experience though so keep trying!
>>
>>278121
....wait, this is the outdated pastebin.
>>
Can we finally go back to calling this /qtg/ instead of /qsg/?
>>
>>283951
I like that idea, throw in some plot points and restart it and I'd follow it
>>
File: 2009-08-25-191683.jpg (157KB, 743x600px) Image search: [Google]
2009-08-25-191683.jpg
157KB, 743x600px
>>290072
>>290072
>>290072
Another HGQ session has begun!
>>
File: 765765765.png (17KB, 300x160px) Image search: [Google]
765765765.png
17KB, 300x160px
Once more, with feeling, another KOF: R #7 session begins!

>>278576
>>278576
>>278576
>>
>>278121
Well, I think I can make shit up as I go along pretty damn well, judging from what my players pull. Though I feel like I could describe things better, and try to talk about how people look, how the environment looks, etc. However, the reason I don't is mostly because my players want to conquer the world, not really sit around talking about their feelings, so I tend not to spend too much time about people or enviroment. I also, heavily, heavily, heavily wish I could draw, because I cannot draw worth shit.
Also, I need to stop confusing my Your and You're together. Probably because I'm not a native english speaker.

I occasional am a player, but generally if your quest revolves around something abnormal or cool as hell, I'll generally participate if I'm not busy.

Well, I guess I could fuck more things? I don't know honestly. If it was simulation, then why the fuck aren't the programmers adding anime girls and shit?

By the way, if you have any advice or questions for the QM of both European Dragon Quest and Nazi Experiment Quest, just ask.

Also, how many colours are in /qst/ text formatting? Is it just blue, red, and that's it?
>>
File: NOMOREQUESTS.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NOMOREQUESTS.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
>>278121
SHAMELESS SHILL TIME!!

I'm runnin' a No More Heroes type quest, please come check it out cause we need more people damn it.

I'll leave the link here...
>>288708
>>
File: HIGH VOLTAGE.png (416KB, 691x424px) Image search: [Google]
HIGH VOLTAGE.png
416KB, 691x424px
>>291773
HOW BIZARRE WILL JOHANN'S ADVENTURE BECOME?
>>
>>290938

There's a different shade of green as well.
>>
File: OP.png (117KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
117KB, 639x639px
If you have not been keeping up, my boxing themed quest is well underway. Shit's getting steamy, right now. Check it out maybe?

>>292177
>>

I think a lot of my quest is paced okay and I like writing the characters, so hopefully that comes off cleanly.

I gotta work on the speed of my updates. I let shit hang for too long.
>>
File: 5d8a84106b5c29800540c77e795677a5.png (666KB, 1000x1436px) Image search: [Google]
5d8a84106b5c29800540c77e795677a5.png
666KB, 1000x1436px
I was thinking of making a spin-off Nanoha quest. Should I even have the branding or just make it entirely original?

I don't think the 'Nanoha' name carries much weight anymore.
>>
Random question to all thread-goers:

How long would you say is the max a Quest/Civ has to be on hiatus/inactive before you'd stop giving a fuck altogether?

I ran a couple ages ago and had to stop once classes started up. I figured I could start up again now that summer's here, but...I dunno.

tl;dr How long is too long, in terms of inactivity?
>>
>>292938
If people know/like the premise, they'll lurk at the least
>>
Planning to run the second installment of Edgy Harry Potter Fanfic Quest on Friday at 5pm Eastern
>>
>>292938
Generally, a month or two WITHOUT any warning.
If given warning, generally three to five months.
If you have loyal, diehard fans... About 6-8 months.
Anything past a year will experience NewFag syndrome, which generally means you're going to have to introduce some people, or just restart the series altogether.
>>
File: Some Shit.jpg (18KB, 165x162px) Image search: [Google]
Some Shit.jpg
18KB, 165x162px
>>293277
>>292938
Diarca has died for literally years at a time only to return from the grave and pick up Totemist Quest exactly where he left off.
>>
>>284262
>what's with a presumably mostly-male audience regularly wanting to interact with female characters?
>in the case of most /u/, why do people like cute shit?
There are entire industries that revolve around cute girls being cute, and they're successful for a reason. It's absolutely not surprising that 4chan would choose lesbians if presented the opportunity.
>>
>>292938
>tl;dr How long is too long, in terms of inactivity?
It completely depends on the quest. It's been nearly 2 years but I still have faith Arcadian will come back one of these days.
>>
meh

something something...meh.

>>295539
>>295539
>>295539
>>
>>295543
With glowing support like that I'm certain to read your thread.

0/10

Shill better
>>
>>295555
Don't care mate.
>>
>>295586

>Doesn't care
>Gave me a (you)

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded.
>>
Join us as Finial, Underhive scum, becomes worthy of Space Marine-dom in Space Marine Applicant Quest!

>>295685
>>
Blorp put HDFQ back again. I need my fix damn it.
>>
Wanted: New QM
Magic!
Modernity!
Teenagers!
Dead things!
>>291885
>>291885
>>291885
>>
>>296981
>Wanted: New QM

Handing your quest over to someone else?
Even if I wanted to pass my quest off to a new QM, I don't think it's plausible in my case.
>>
>>297032
You draw yours though
>>
I enjoyed this mini quest of mine yesterday.

We will have another short one today.
>>
running Edgy Harry Potter Fanfic Quest, featuring Cyborg Ninja Harry Potter and his sensei, Itachi Uchiha.

Try not to cut yourself on the edge, but if you do, nothin' personal kid

>>>/tg/47944570
>>
>>279224
I mean, it at least makes samefagging mildly less easy, which is enough of a deterrent for some.
>>
I got taken out of the whole quest game for a few weeks, is this the new /wqdt/? Are quests pretty much all on /qst/ now? I've noticed very few on /tg/ in the last little while.
>>
>>299025
Quests are still allowed on /tg/, there was a thread up sometime ago complaining about the fact that there were 12 quests running simultaneously on Saturday night. There were never that many quests on /tg/ during the weekday even before this board was created, so not noticing them was common.
>>
>>299417
>>299417
>>299417

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now running. Will /qst/ make poor decisions and fuck up as badly as the UK did? Of course not, that's impossible.
>>
>>283968
Everyone thinks they can run a Quest before they do it. I'm with you on the whole repeating mistakes thing. Just keep doing your best, and good luck.
I gave up on the Quest I tried running, and I kinda regret it, but at the same time, if I restart the same one, people may be like "hey it's that guy again, he's just gonna bail like last time."
>>
>>292285
I think that even if the name doesn't carry weight, people are still going to be able to identify it, whether or not they actually point it out. Still, it may be just s minor detail, people "file off the serials" all the time, and most of the time, it doesn't seem to matter.
If you do make it original, it does give you leeway to add/remove certain "absolutes" that exist in the original.
>>
>>299819
Eh, I point it out, but I don't say they'll bail out loud. I mean, if you promise not to bail and actually don't, it'd go a long way to respect.

I have seen a QM go on for literally hours on single votes(and not mine, at that), and now he's doing far better. Too many of these people on qst flake out or obviously didn't do any research to warrant respect.
>>
File: Zabrak Jedi General.jpg (250KB, 742x588px) Image search: [Google]
Zabrak Jedi General.jpg
250KB, 742x588px
Jedi Lord Quest is up and running again for Thread 6!
>>300041
>>
Hey Banished Questers. Post your reaction when Soma doesn't run a thread because he stayed up the night before getting drunk and watching movies with his imouto and the IRCabal. Looks like you got robbed again goyim.
>>
>>300137
>Soma owes you a thread.

I mean, you did contribute to his patreon, right goyim?
>>
>>300146
Patreon for a quest? Is that a thing?
>>
File: Cg1WfMnUgAAmtLA.jpg (56KB, 561x684px) Image search: [Google]
Cg1WfMnUgAAmtLA.jpg
56KB, 561x684px
I'm thinking about starting a quest about a girl and a golem.
I want to get the setting and the plot settled before I get into it though. I've got a general idea for both but nothing solid.
Are there any dos and don'ts that I should consider when making the setting?
What sort of geological mistakes should I watch out for when making a map?
What is a good and simple map maker?
Where should I look for art for characters, places, and other nouns?
>>
>>300302

i don't know much about geography but i'd just focus on doing biomes. and if you don't know much about geography, explain some things away with magical bullshit
hexographer is easy as hell for making a map. the company that made that also made several other map things that i haven't checked out but they seem aight.
i use pinterest for pictures myself.
your concept seems neat btw, kinda like that last guardian game
>>
>>300324
thanks I'll check it out

I'd be lying if I said The Last Guardian's giant creature & kid motif wasn't what got me started on this idea in the first place
>>
File: thread never 1.png (966KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thread never 1.png
966KB, 1280x720px
>>300137
>>
>>300354
>not getting your inspiration from The Iron Giant

Shit taste, pleb.
>>
File: anime potter.jpg (61KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
anime potter.jpg
61KB, 640x360px
I'm planning to continue Edgy Harry Potter Quest tomorrow morning. Stay tuned on Twitter (@ArmorRenegadeOP) for more specific updates
>>
>>300541
Are your threads archived under some lolrandumb tag? Can't find them.
>>
>>301073
I haven't put them on suptg yet. I didn't want to shit up the archives if it died by thread 2 or 3
>>
>>301311

Check em, also new thread

>>>/tg/47955572
>>
I ran some quests on /tg/, back in the day, and I'm wondering about running here.

What kind of player population is an average for quests here? Is this a place for more one-shots or long-runners?

If I try to pick a quest back up where it left off, are the players here going to be willing to dredge through ~17 threads of archive?

On that note, can I keep archiving on suptg, or will I have to maintain two different archives?
>>
File: suptg archive news.png (36KB, 996x344px) Image search: [Google]
suptg archive news.png
36KB, 996x344px
>>303291
You can keep archiving on suptg, LL put in a /qst/ section pic related . Most of the population are from a mix of boards that run games other than quests, but you can run more than one-shots here (just don't expect not to have the old thread you used last week still up on the board). Whether or not the players will dredge through the archives is really up to them, but run a one-shot anyway to get them hooked. Then, after you end your session, you can advertise your old quest with the suptg link.
>>
>>303561
>pic related
Awesome, that's exactly what I needed to know.

>>303561
>from a mix of boards that run games other than quests
What do you mean? What kind of games: Civ Building, Evolution, that sort of thing?
>>
Thanks to everyone who participated in Edgy Harry Potter Fanfic Quest. I'm thinking next Friday at 6pm Eastern; 5pm Eastern didn't seem to work this weekend - perhaps it was a bit early
>>
has there been any threads made by nate-kun? I need some good pokemon in my life
>>
Pitch:

"The most important possession humanity has is history.

Without history, humanity is but another species of livestock, which it in fact is. Humanity has been the host of parasite for over five millennia.

However, the gift of human history, is the one sword humanity may use to finally rid itself of this parasite.

History is a oscillation of tragedy and comedy.

In order to create, we must destroy. In order to love, we must hate. For there to be peace, there must be war. Rebirth, reconciliation and pacification, all are the products of these opposites.

History is but a series of opposites merging with each other, forming something greater. At times however, something prevents the unison of these opposites.

We are the guardians of human history. We sacked Rome, scourged Eurasia in the Middle Ages. Plunging Europe more than thrice into war, we filled the soil of Europe with the corpses of millions of innocents, filling death camps and gulags. We burnt Tokyo, nuked Hiroshima, bombed Vietnam, starved Ethiopia.

We did all of this to restore the balance to human history and to prepare humanity for the end of it's childhood.

For in three days, we will force humanity to evolve, to finally confront its ancestral enemy on an equal footing."
"
>>
>>305296
Are fighting against or fighting for them?
>>
>>>303059
>>
>>303059
>>
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/26-rise-of-chaos/EgKvFY9PoHMsTcw4J
>>
>>299872
The reason I ask about it, is because the spin-off would cover a minor part of the canon which was not covered in the main series. At that point, is it still worth filing off the serials?
>>
File: 1405753364458.gif (500KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1405753364458.gif
500KB, 400x300px
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 132 is up and live

>>306121
>>306121
>>
File: Turnip Tale Title.png (83KB, 467x333px) Image search: [Google]
Turnip Tale Title.png
83KB, 467x333px
Bumpin'
Yo, /qst/ general, Rate my title card?
Trying to build up a concept for a simple, lighthearted quest.
>>
>>307258
Really? The thread is well past autosage, mate. We need a new thread.
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.