[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Necromancy Quest #5 [Renewed Calcium Edition]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: NumbahOne.png (131KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
NumbahOne.png
131KB, 1000x700px
Continuing from Previous Thread
>>276449

>>284526
Making sure you've got Robin's remains and offering, Skunkbro's bone, your seeing-stone ring, and the grimoire, you head out.
It's not a terribly long drive, so you spend most of it just listening to the radio and trying to think of the best way to bring up your whole...raising the dead thing with Liana. Seems like the ideal situation is just to let her know that you're about to do some magic, take her hand, and show her Skunkbro. Let him explain everything, and then answer her questions as she wants. If that doesn't work, then that's that. It's like making friends was your goal going into this, anyway. "Making undead minions" would be more accurate. It would be a shame if you lost your best source of information about the magic world though. Your hands tighten on the steering wheel. You'll just have to be really convincing is all.
As you near the Dairy Queen, a sign up front advertising their latest specials, you gesture for Skunkbro to come up from the back of the car where he's been sitting. The odds are slim you'd go past the other necromancer or stop next to him at a light or something, but there's no use being reckless, anyway.
"See any wards, anything off?" You ask. You may have tipped your hand a little much asking about necromancy and a person with changing auras, but you don't think Rachel or Liana would try to lure you into some kind of trap...probably. That said, you haven't known them for very long and it's not like either of them made a great first impression. You still need to get an apology from Rachel about the whole mind-rape thing she tried to pull.
Filing that mental reminder away, you ease into the parking lot, looking around for Liana. No luck. That's a little worrying. You shoot her a quick text.
"I'm in parking lot. Where are you?" Just seconds later, you get her answer.
"Inside. I wanted a milkshake. One sec." She comes out of the building a few seconds later, blinking at the bright sunlight before lowering oversized shades over her eyes. She's dressed pretty much as you'd expect of a teenage girl in the height of summer, in short jean shorts, a tanktop, and a small purse over her shoulder. She walks up to your car window and taps on it. You shut off the car and step out.
"You said we'd be walking the rest of the way to your house?" You ask, quirking an eyebrow.
"You got it. So let's vamanos."
>>
>>291885
The two of you head out a back corner of the parking lot, through a small and disappointing patch of woods left over from the development around the Dairy Queen. On the other side is a tall apartment building, standing alone in an industrial park. It's surprisingly upscale, lots of glass and steel, with a pair of double-doors leading into a spacious lobby barely visible through smoky glass.
Liana uses a key to open one of the double-doors, and the two of you head inside. It looks almost like a hotel, with a small comfortable sitting area to one side, a front desk, and a row of elevators directly forward. Liana heads for the elevators, and you follow behind. If the buttons are to be believed, the building has fourteen floors--well, thirteen really, but they skipped that one, labeling it fourteen instead. Liana hits the button for the ninth floor, and you wait in the awkward Muzak-accentuated silence for a few minutes before the doors open again and she leads the way out.
She stops in front of door 909 and opens it with the same key, leading you into a fairly large and well-designed apartment. It's pretty open, the kitchen divided from the living room area by a waist-high partition, and a couple of other rooms off the main area. You'd guess they're bedrooms, a bathroom, and a closet or two.
Liana flumps down on the black upholstered couch opposite a large flat-screen TV mounted on the wall.
"So...magic, I guess?"
>Your response?
-------
Welcome back to Modern Necromancy Quest! Your name is Michael Remic and you are a track star and aspiring profaner of the dead!
In the last thread you talked to LIANA, the SEER your met at your sister's HIGH SCHOOL ORIENTATION, via a MAGIC MIRROR in her possession. You learned a bit about magic in general, and also about her intense hatred for all things related to NECROMANCY. You set up a time to hang out and show each other your magic (with her believing you to be a WARLOCK, a summoner of DEMONS rather than the DEAD) and had just driven off to do so!
>>
>>291904
Sorry, forgot to post pastebin cliffnotes for first two threads
1. http://pastebin.com/EaHAkShd
2. http://pastebin.com/X7iAtn1Q
>>
>>291904
"Magic, definitely. I don't suppose you know any neat tricks that I'd be able to see?"

Let's let her make herself comfortable before we force her to be uncomfortable.
>>
"Well, that's why I'm here right? As a matter of fact, I got something already summoned. Though uh, I have to touch you for you to be able to see them."
>>
>>291930
let's go with this. Let's see everything she can do before we play our only 2 cards.
>>
>>291930
>>291935
"Magic, definitely. I don't suppose you know an neat tricks that I'd be able to see."
"Well...if you want, I can share my vision with you." She hesitates, then hurries to clarify. "Just temporarily, and you'd have to hold my hand for it to work. And you wouldn't see everything I see, just a portion of what my power gives me. And it can be a little disorienting. And-"
"That sounds awesome!" You break in, figuring that if you let her go on for much longer she'd probably work herself up a bit too much. Probably a good idea to keep her as comfortable and positive as possible...until you make her very uncomfortable.
"I-I'm glad you think so." Liana smiles and holds out her hand, and you reach out to take it.
"Liana? Is that you? Is the TV on-" Rachel stumbles out of one of the rooms you noticed earlier, clearly still drowsy. She's dressed, but by the state of her clothes you get the feeling she's been wearing them since she went to sleep. She winces at the brightness of the room, and it takes her a second to notice you. She freezes, then looks at Liana.
"Like I said last night," This is punctuated with a bit of an I-told-you-so look, "I'm having company. Michael asked to hang out, and I thought it would be fun." Rachel grumbles something, then ducks back into her room.
"Now, back to this." Liana smiles again and you take her hand. There's sort of a...pulse of energy through her hand and into yours. You can't think of a better way to describe it, the sensation that something has flowed from her and into you through your interwoven fingers, as though she was a battery and you had just completed the circuit.
You look around. Nothing...seems different.
"Try to focus differently, like looking at something a hundred feet away when there's a wall right in front of you." The seer opposite you instructs, closing her own eyes, then opening them again. You try to follow her instruction, and after a few minutes, succeed.
It's a little like looking through the seeing-stone ring, but different as well. In comparison, the ring is almost worthless. Looking around, you can see flows of energy like they were painted out on a diagram. Heat growing on the black countertop where the sun hits it, electricity humming through the walls, and Liana's magical energy swirling around her like her own private whirlpool, a tendril of it coursing down through her arm to her fingertips.
"Woah." You whisper, awestruck by the sheer amount of information, the beauty of it all. In another instant, it's gone. Liana broke contact, giving you a sort of bashful grin.
"Pretty cool, I guess?"
"Absolutely! And that's what you do?" She nods
"Yup, that's what I do. I can focus on only one kind of energy if I want, but I figured a broader picture might be more impressive." She giggles a little. "So...want to show me what you can do? I'm sure it'd freak out Rachel."
>How do you approach this...delicate topic? Roll 1d20 if you try to ease her into it or calm her down
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>292074
Time to crit fail! I hope some other people show up to roll just in case I actually do crit fail.
>>
>>292091
"Actually, I planned on letting you see what I see.. We'll have to do the hand thing again"
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>292091
How do you want to approach the topic? You gotta say something with that roll.

>>292074
"I'm certain it would. Would you care to take my hand again, Liana? This time, I'd like to share my sight with you."
>>
>>292099
Roll the dice with that.

>>292074
Important question: If Liana has dealt with the necromancer in the morgue before, she would have seen his aura. How did she not recognize our energy?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>292099
let's gooooo!
>>
>>292099
This sounds good. I can put my roll towards that right?
>>
>>292121
This may be revealing too much, but Liana saw the person she's talking about only briefly, and didn't look at them with her gift.
>>
>>292167
I doubt that chunk of info could have been placed well in the story anyways, and it could be deduced by examing the details given thus far anyways
>>
>>292167
If she has to activate her gift to see things, why did she have her gift activated at the school?
>>
>>292229
She just demonstrated it to us dude. She has it to various degrees depending on concentration level and magical energy availability. I'm guessing that she usually has vision like our seeing stone, but when she wants she can crank it up.
>>
RIP OP
>>
File: 1367952723950.png (66KB, 225x200px) Image search: [Google]
1367952723950.png
66KB, 225x200px
>>292167
You didn't ded, did you?
>>
>>292574
The 19 killed him
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>292625
Will a 20 bring him back or kill him even more? I'll get a crit fail for sure this time!
>>
>>292229
>>292246
I think she was actively searching for practitioners. After all it was highschool orientation, hundreds of new people who may have magical power. Wouldn't you be looking to see who else is a practitioner if you were her?
>>
>>292912
I can believe this. After all, that's half of the reason why we had Skunkbro summoned and following us around at orientation.
>>
File: 1424371469118.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424371469118.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
World of grasshoppers sacrificed for Skelly.
>>
>>293001
The Skelly demands more sacrifices.
>>
>>293260
Anyone here?
>>
File: murder_grasshopper.jpg (105KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
murder_grasshopper.jpg
105KB, 819x1024px
>>293260
All I have left is this one last grasshopper.

>>294837
I think I am.
>>
File: Whole Milk.png (161KB, 543x753px) Image search: [Google]
Whole Milk.png
161KB, 543x753px
Guys. Guys I think I fucked up. I fucked up bad.
>>
>>294843
BURN IT. ADD CALCIUM INFUSED GASOLINE ONTO IT. THE SKELLY MUST RISE.
>>
File: murder_grasshopper.jpg (80KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
murder_grasshopper.jpg
80KB, 819x1024px
>>295131
>>
rest in peace skelly
>>
>>295632
No, he shall not rest in peace. We shall continue our attempts to summon him from the other side
>>
>>296226

Bring the grasshoppers and goat milk!
>>
I'm sorry friends, I can't continue this quest for personal reasons. However, if you wish to know spoilers, let me know. I'll post whatever plot notes I have about whatever you ask tomorrow.
>>
File: tezca.jpg (74KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
tezca.jpg
74KB, 480x640px
>>296930
AAAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAA
>>
>>296930
j-just for tonight, r-right?
why do the good have to die so young
>>
>>296940
>>296937
Alternatively, if someone wants to take over and the readership is in favour, I'm willing to send them and them alone my notes so that they might continue in my place.
>>
>>296950
Sorry, posting from phone and forgot trip.
>>
>>296953
hit me up if the people want to continue
autistic memes is my skype should appear as live:millerchris268
>>
File: 1429575795648.jpg (127KB, 636x960px) Image search: [Google]
1429575795648.jpg
127KB, 636x960px
>>296959
I don't want this to stop.
Supporting
>>
>>297006
>>296959
same
>>
just a warning I may not be as good a writer as skelly so I'm gonna apologize in advance for any fuck ups I make
>>
test
>>
>>296959
skype's actually "dank autistic memes" sorry
>>
>>296930
Any plans to run something else in the future? Just want to make sure I have something to look out for so I don't miss anything.
>>
>>297072
LETS DO THIS NEW SKELLY. WHAT IS YOUR PREFERRED SACRIFICE. AND BEFORE YOU ASK YES I HAVE NOT TAKEN MY MEDS TODAY.
>>
>>296953
We'll miss you, Skelly.
>>
>>297072
This shit continuing in threads or do we have to bug you on skype?
>>
>>297130
preferably dragon slugs
>>297138
I'll make threads with his original image
>>
>>297138
I provided my skype so skelly can send me his grimoire
>>
File: SACRIFICE.jpg (71KB, 505x350px) Image search: [Google]
SACRIFICE.jpg
71KB, 505x350px
>>297146
GET THE PURGING FIRE. CALCIUM OR NEW NUTRIENT?
>>
>>297146
WERE YOU NOT EXCEPTING TO GET A SACRIFICE SO SOON NEW SKELLY?! HAHA SACRIFICE IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES.
>>
>>297172
1. breh chill
2. I want the d vitamin d
>>
>>297184
yes master skele. get the vitaman d infused gasoline. it must be burned.

who ever made the buring grasshopper pic plz co that to this please and thank you.
>>
>>297184
i just tuned in and I wanna confirm what I'm reading:

Are you continuing this quest? Please say yes
>>
>>297202
you better believe it
>>
>>297202
it would help if Skelly no.1 sent his grimoire tho
>>
>>297214
I will love you forever if you write up that Skunkbrojob story in a pastebin
>>
>>297217
mr skele have you read the first thread? i have read it is quite important.
>>
>>297271
been here since the start I know what's going down
>>
>>297282
okay then do you really need the grimiore? just take over the template. atleast for now. sacrifice soon to be i hope.
>>
>>297282
Can you make a Discord server for this quest, please?
>>
>>297287
I probably could, I'd just prefer to know what the original skelly would want
>>
>>297312
he is ded(puns ha) just do it. better to ask for forgivness than permission. worst case it isnt well recieved and you delete it.
>>
https://discord.gg/RQZQu
discord cause someone wanted it
I'll probably make a new thread tomorrow gettin late and I have work in the morning be back by about 4:00pm EST
>>
>>297220
http://pastebin.com/PtxCeM5d
why the fuck did I write this
>>
>>297431
>http://pastebin.com/PtxCeM5d
Thank you
>>
>>297431
Based Skelemore
>>
>>296930
>>295126
>ID is BUG/TR3q
>joked about giving Skelly soy milk
>Skelly cannot continue the quest

Holy shit, I am so sorry. I'm so very, very sorry.

In all seriousness, hope everything works out for you man. I enjoyed this quest, even if I didn't really have time to sit down and take part in the last two threads. Really sad to see you go, but life comes for us all.
>>
>>297431
very different writing style than skelly, but it's acceptable. Good work skellymore. If you're a more active and faster writer than skelly, it should make up for it.
>>
>>296930
I hope you continue to come to the threads and see how the quest plays out! We have a Discord now as well, if you would like to join us there!
>>
>>298727
first sacrifice to skelemore is done. just btw
>>
>>298727
I might do, but I'll probably keep my trip off. Don't want to step on Skelemore's toes, after all. Sent him some stuff on skype, I think he'll do alright by you guys.
>>297822
It means a lot that you enjoyed them. And don't worry, Soy milk didn't do anything to me that osteoporosis didn't start.
>>297431
LEWD
>>297080
Maybe. Nothing for a while, and probably nothing in this vein. If I do start something, I'll probably use the same trip.
>>297136
I'll miss you guys too ;__;
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.