[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bloodstains Maid Simulator 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

File: 1462584956443.jpg (911KB, 670x850px) Image search: [Google]
1462584956443.jpg
911KB, 670x850px
>Previous installments (Read the story so far like a book!)
Maid Simulator 2016 - http://docdro.id/8jCOSkI
New Maid Simulator 2016 - http://docdro.id/v4cSyYm
Forever Maid Simulator 2016 - http://docdro.id/fyaoRDA

>How does this game work?
Honestly I had no idea what I was doing at first, but I think we've found our strengths and weaknesses by now. This is not a game where you will be crunching numbers. Neither is it a fast and easy game that people should just be jumping in and out of. Rather it is a slow game, heavy on atmosphere and psychology with open-ended choices that reward creativity, an attention to detail and the willingness to analyze and try to understand the weird characters you will get to know. It's not completely without action though. Once in a rare while you will be pushed into a corner and asked to make a decision that might end with permanent death and a premature Bad Ending. In that case, you will never solve all the mysteries of the Huxtable Mansion. We don't fuck around here. Did you think this was just a game?

>What kind of story is this?
It's a gothic, psychological slice of life thriller mystery with science-fiction, fantasy, alternative history and horror elements. Some would call this "slipstream", "new weird" or even "magical realism". There are is also an undertone of sadomasochism, but you don't have to be into any of it to enjoy the game. Finally there might be /u/ (yuri romance), depending on how /qst/ plays it. In short, if you like fuzzy feelings, angst and weird stuff like Lost, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Twin Peaks you are at home.

>Hey, Bell. I've been reading you for a while now. Tell us a little about yourself.
>>144532 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh0AhrY9GjA Also I can read tarot.

>Anything else?
We have no polls going at the moment.
This is my TWITTER https://twitter.com/helpmecosmia77
Also I read that if you want to create a loyal following, you should make them do meaningless rituals - so please, every time you sit down to play this quest, stretch an open hand into the sky and say, "Bubblegum". Also call each other Maidsters or something cringy like that, and tell all your friends and family about this. "I know you're usually not into 4chan, but you'll love this!"
>>
File: statuschart.png (68KB, 666x525px) Image search: [Google]
statuschart.png
68KB, 666x525px
>>140600

The next morning, after your breakfast while looking at Mistress and ensuring you're alone - you decide to head out to explore the mansion a little while Mistress is asleep. You feel a little bad knowing that Miss Diana is even bringing you food just so you can sit with Mistress all the time. She might not want to bring you food after this if she notices you taking your chance while Mistress is unconscious to wander around doing whatever you want, like a rich child on a holiday. Hopefully you'll be able to get back to Mistress's room before Miss Diana comes back for the tray though.

You step out into the hallway and you're filled with fear. You've been told how easy it is to avoid the golem even if you should meet him though. Besides, according to Greenslade it should have been taken out by now. You begin walking around, exploring your wing of the house (the left lower one), and suddenly the confusion and dizziness you had before comes back. You stand still, trying to figure out why you feel that way. What if it's some kind of occult trap that will not let you get back again, have you walking the hallways forever? You should have thought about that before you carelessly went out on your expedition like this. Studying your surroundings you suddenly realize neither the floors nor the walls are even though. As you continue walking you realize that as you walk through the corridors you're slowly, unnoticeably moving down and eventually up floors. The unevenness of the hallways must have been what made you dizzy, and the reason you felt like you were walking forever despite the wing of the house not being that big is that you were actually moving among several floors - with the hallways almost unnoticeable tipping up and down. What a strange design.

You start trying out random doors. Most of them look like Mistress's drawing room, except unused. You also find a very big hall-like room, full of simple, steel bunk beds - almost like in the orphanage. Perhaps servants slept here when the mansion was bigger some generations ago? Finally you find a room full of paintings. Most of them hang on the wall, like in a museum, but some of them are lay in rows on the floor, against the wall. All of them are in the same style as the big mural by the staircase - depicting beautiful women killing in horrible ways. You find a very dusty, abandoned artist's workshop smelling of paint and oils too - and nearby a smaller library, filled with books about art. It seems like some relative of Mistress was an artist.
>>
>>146474

By this time you start getting worried about finding your way back to Mistress's room and what Miss Diana is going to think. You just can't seem to find your way back though. You get dizzier and dizzier with the confusing hallways, and you keep finding more identical rooms - making you unsure of whether you're going in circles or if it's just more rooms that look almost the same. You do find your way back eventually thought. It's late in the afternoon by then and you're completely exhausted. It seems that Miss Diana must have thought you just went out for a bit, because she comes to bring you your dinner a little while later. Mistress is still sleeping peacefully and looks even healthier today. After you have eaten and Miss Diana has picked up the tray, you decide not to explore anymore. The hallways are scary enough at daytime. Besides you might get lost and not be able to find your way back before bedtime. It's best just to stay with Mistress.

*magic sound effect*

[Your physical shape has increased by 1 (one) point after this exhausting ordeal.]

Before sleeping you think about tomorrow. You have three more wings in the house left to explore, which will probably each take you a whole day. You might also want to explore some of the things you saw today closer, like the room with all the paintings. Still, you feel like you want to take it easy tomorrow - practice English, martial arts and first aid.

>Do you want to change your schedule?

Day 2: [Routine] Practice English, self-defense and first aid
Day 3: [Routine] Practice English, self-defense and first aid
Day 4: [Routine] Practice English, self-defense and first aid
Day 5: [Expedition] Explore the country (Where is the doctor? Shops?)
Day 6: [Routine] Practice English, self-defense and first aid
Day 7: [Routine] Practice English, self-defense and first aid
>>
>>146479
Use Day 4 to buy supplies
>>
>>146489

I'm fine with this, though not sure what kind of stuff we should get. Also, hello Bell! Nice stat sheet too.
>>
>>146489
>>146704

*loud, ugly noise*

Can't compute. You haven't potentially even discovered shops before Day 5.

>Also, hello Bell! Nice stat sheet too.
Yes, hello! And thanks!!
>>
>>146739

Ahh, yeah, overlooked that.How about move exploring the country to day 3, then shopping day 5 or 6?
>>
>>146755

You also have no money!
>>
>>146766

Maybe we can ask the other servants if there is a fund we can use or something.
>>
>>146479
I'm fine with this plan.
>>146704
Do we need anything to care for the mistress? I imagine we would know. I would think that if no one had the supplies here, we could reasonably get some cash (or someone) to buy them.
>>
I'm fine with taking it easy for Day 2. Let's see how it goes developing our new skill sets, and make adjustments after Day 2 if necessary.

I think we should explore the other 3 wings, but don't want to get lost. Maybe ask Diana or Greenslade for anything of interest in the other wings? Also, find the kitchen so that if Diana stops bringing us food, we can help yourself (to some meager servant fare)
>>
>>146479
I like the schedule as it is now, except maybe going outside. I'm not 100%sure what it's usefulness will be, and we might not be allowed to go out on our own. All I see are potential complications, but knowledge is always useful so I'll say keep everything as is.

Also Bell, glad to be back, I love the character sheet (and all of the scary shit it implies), and the thread title and image are delightfully disheartening. I wish all of us luck is this endeavor into madness and hopefully more yuri.
>>
File: statuschart.png (74KB, 666x525px) Image search: [Google]
statuschart.png
74KB, 666x525px
>>146755
>>148144

The next morning you decide to have your first routine day, close to Mistress. When Miss Diana comes to bring your food, you ask her whether she could go get you the books you need to learn English, squirming a little in your seat as you think of how you left Mistress here while roaming around in the left wing of the house, and wondering whether Miss Diana knows - now that you are asking her to do favors for you just so you can sit here without leaving. You have good arguments though: You can read out loud, which there is a chance might make Mistress feel better wherever she is, and you also don't know how to get to the library by yourself. Miss Diana complies the moment she understands what you are asking for. You try to describe the books you want, but her being of such few words, you're unsure whether she really got it. Not long after she comes back with all the right books though, including Greenslade's English dictionary. He must have helped her. There is a small note on it: "You can keep it. It's not like I ever need it." You frown slightly.

[Object acquired: English-French Dictionary.]

You use the dictionary to translate an entire paragraph to yourself at a time. Trying to hold Mistress's hand while keeping the right page of the old, strange fairy tale open, you have quite a hard time locating the words you need in the dictionary. It becomes manageable after a while though, and each time you finish a paragraph - you proudly read it out loud for her. Though she is asleep, you hope hearing her beloved English will make her feel better. When you finish you can feel you're starting to get better in English, but you still haven't quite yet reached a new level.
>>
>>150436

After lunch you start feeling a bit restless, so you think about trying to learn self-defense. It's something you've been wondering about. Now that Mistress is blind it's going to be even more important for you to know how to protect her if something bad should happen again. You stand up and punch into the air. It just makes you feel silly, and you're worried you're going to ruin something in this beautiful room. Besides it might disturb Mistress's sleep in a bad way, even if she can't wake up. You decide to go outside on the grounds of house where you continue punching and kicking. You can feel yourself getting tired like yesterday, working on your physical shape, but if put in a fight, you honestly can't say you'd be much better at it. You completely lack style. You almost jump when you notice the old, male servant with the mutton beard who seems to be the chief among them, standing just beside you. How could he sneak up on you without making a sound?
"Might I inquire what you are doing, young Miss?"
"I-I ... Well, after Mistress got so hurt ..."
"Ah, I see. You want to learn to fight, correct?"
"Y-y-yes."
"You're in luck, young Miss. It so happens that my hobby has always been reading about martial arts and practicing them. Aside from being the master servant of this house, I'm proficient in everything from savate boxing to the old Chinese art of kung fu."
"Y-you a-are?"
"I can teach you, if you want. Are there any martial arts you prefer? Some people will for example tell you krav maga is more effective than tai chi. In my opinion it is not the style itself that determines the strength of a style, but in what degree the fighter's soul is attuned to it. Are there any styles you know that call to you?"

>What martial arts do you want to learn?
>>
>>150436
Ask about magic
>>
>>150440
>Krav Maga
>>
I'm worried that the new RPG stuff is attracting players who haven't read about 30,000 words of preceding storyline and thus for example don't know about the time-traveling, whereas I'm possibly scaring away my old players. Thoughts?
>>
>>150488
I dont think so, im here since the start and didnt get into this.
>>150440
Ask him about the best martial art for bodyguarding
>>
>>150599
>Ask him about the best martial art for bodyguarding
Sounds legit. Maybe a primarily defensive style?
>>
>>150488
I've been here since the beginning, and I don't mind the rpg elements. It's a bit of a different feel, but I guess it makes sense with the way the story is currently playing out.
>>
>>150488
>time-traveling
Is there a compressed version? A map? You said it's not the type of story to just jump into and out of, but why? So long as there's a way for me to catch up, isn't that all that matters?
>>
>>150488
I don't think anythings wrong so far, but at the same time it's really to early to tell. You should keep going as you are Bell, and change anything that doesn't end up working. As for martial arts, either ask him about anything geared towards protecting someone else, or if you want something specific, ask about CQC (the crazy shit that The Boss from Metal Gear created, and the moves that Big Boss perfected.)
>>
>>150645

It's like if you were to jump into the middle of a game like Life is Strange or Heavy Rain. You don't understand the full implications and the context of the choices you are making, and the story developments, both intellectually and emotionally, are going to make a lot less impact on you - if you can even follow what is going on. Honestly if you're not willing to invest the time needed to catch up properly, the (dis)pleasures of this quest are likely not for you.
>>
>>150822
I was interested the moment you said time travel. I love jumping into new things—especially complex ones—without context. I was only asking in case lack of players was really going to be a problem.
>>
>>150822
Please don't compare yourself to David Cahjay and his Sadness Trilogy, your work is so much better than that.

Also, have some reference material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayt8iaVrbA4
>>
File: statuschart.png (76KB, 666x525px) Image search: [Google]
statuschart.png
76KB, 666x525px
>>150599
>>150616
>>150659

"I w-want something that can protect Mistress the best way possible. Something defensive, very effective. C-completely b-brutal!"
"Hmmm," says the chief servant. "In one of Master Huxtable's books I learned a very terrible martial art that a certain type of military would use. If there was ever a problem that would lead to war, they would be sent in first, individually, to do the job of an entire army. They were expected to fail, but these women and men were willing to sacrifice their lives just for the small chance that war might be averted by their success. The most powerful and saddest thing about them was that if they failed, the nation could claim they knew nothing about it. Though it is the most powerful martial arts in the world, almost no one wants to learn it as it is said to be cursed by the sorrows of all the soldiers who failed. It is said to bring unending suffering for all who learn it."
"F-f-for Mistress, if it can protect Mistress ... I m-must. I will r-risk it!"
"It is called simply Close-Quarter-Combat, or CQC."
"CQC?" you say, tasting the strange word.
"The only problem is that one usually needs a gun. I always carry a kitchen knife around as a chief servant, as you never know when you might need one, but I don't know where we will get a gun."
You get the flintlock gun from under your dress. The servant looks confused when he sees it, but impressed at the same time.
"Miss Huxtable must have great faith in you," he says, reminding you of something someone else told you recently, although of course he doesn't know the way you actually got the gun. Despite having such an air of discipline about him, there is something so naïve about him ...

The mutton-bearded servant shows you the basic stance. You hold gun with two hands, but in one of the hands you have a knife turned down. This way you can quickly switch between fighting with the knife and shooting with the gun. He gives you some ammunition, and you practice firing at bottles. Some of the servants stop by the windows to watch you, puzzled and impressed. Afterwards he shows you the basic knife plunges and slashes. Finally he shows you how you can go from the basic stance to grabs that throw your opponent into the ground, stunning them for a good while. At first you just cannot do the grasps, dropping the gun and knife as you try, and feeling bad for the poor man trying to teach you, asking you to beat him up. By the time of sundown you manage to knock him unconscious for a whole minute. You go down on your knees crying over what you've done when he wakes, congratulating you for having learned all the basic parts - though he admits a most horrible headache. Parting he gives you some ammunition for your gun to keep. "Next time I will teach you some first aid techniques," he says, as his parting words, "to compliment your fighting abilities. By the way, my name is Éric."
>>
>>151016

[Learned Fighting Style: CQC (Close-Quarter-Combat)]
[Reached Level 1 in Fighting Style: CQC (Close-Quarter Combat)]
[Acquired 1x Brutal Kitchen Knife.]
[Acquired 52x Flintlock bullets.]
[Your physical shape has increased by 1 (one) point after this exhausting ordeal.]

When you return Mistress, she is sleeping. Before going to bed, you smile watching her. "Never," you say to yourself - filled with determination, "This will never happen again now, Mistress."

>Do you want to change your schedule?

Day 3: [Expedition] Explore the country (Where is the doctor? Shops?)
Day 4: [Routine] Practice English, CQC and first aid
Day 5: [Expedition] Try to get money and buy supplies if there are shops.
Day 6: [Routine] Practice English, CQC and first aid
Day 7: [Routine] Practice English, CQC and first aid
>>
File: kk.jpg (106KB, 705x623px) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
106KB, 705x623px
>>150846

Ah, sorry if I sounded a bit harsh then! I guess I get a bit defensive when I don't feel appreciated. I hope you will try this quest out in earnest!

>>150886

Awww, I'm very happy to be considered better than a professional game designer. Thank you!!
>>
>>151024

>"Colette, this is a sneaking mission"

And I'm fine with the schedule. We can go to town and see shops in case mistress wants to go to one, we know where it is, plus where the doctor is in case we need to go get him instead.
>>
>>150488
Maybe keep a tl;dr version link in the OP
>>
>>151067
Trust me, you've more than earned it you mischievous bastard! (This is a compliment)

And huzzah for time travel bullshit give us the power of Big Boss almost 30 years before he was born!

If we somehow lead to The Boss taking the path of the True Patriot, that would be the coolest shit ever.
>>
>>151125

I literally don't want players who haven't read everything and are invested in the details!

And woooo >>151129
>>
>>151149
Alright, a bold strategy. My concerns about the quest as a read-it-from-the-start guy

How diverse can our adventure possibly be now that time travel is just a tease, locked away permanently? Also Mistress is now in the same way a passive element, a dead end in our story only to be able to provide some lesboners now and then. The setting -countryside- is limiting our possibilities. Just my $0.05
>>
>>151182
Ignore this guy, he just wants to spread doubt. Don't let him win, this has been a great ride so far Bell, and I look forward to more crazy shit as time goes on!
>>
>>151210
Spread doubt about what? I'm just saying what's on my mind because I think the story is slowing down and is less engaging . I'm not here to jew anyone, i've read this thing post by post from the second post ever and i got the threads on auto refresh
>>
>>151182

Just trust me, okay??????? (If you want to.)

I think the biggest problem is that I've not had as much time/motivations the last few days for various reasons, so it may feel like a lot of time is passing with little happening, but I actually have a ton of ideas around the corner.
>>
>>151247
Alright, I may have jumped the gun there and I apologize for that. I'm just enjoying the quest as it is right now, and anything that might change up the flow scares me. And this is primarily a mystery campaign, even if I gave us the power of Big Boss. We should just let Bell do his thing, and hope we're smart enough to keep up. Once again though, I'm sorry if I jumped to conclusions and insulted you anon, I wasn't hoping to offend anyone.
>>
>>151305
Take this at your own pace man. Do whatever you think is necessary to make the narrative the best that you can. Trust me, we can wait.
>>
>>151305
That's very nice to know, i'll be reading

>>151306
No need for apologies
>>
File: statuschart.png (78KB, 666x525px) Image search: [Google]
statuschart.png
78KB, 666x525px
>>151074

"Miss Diana," you say the next morning as you are served your food. She just looks at you, so you conclude that is her way of saying "yes," and continue: "Where is the doctor, and the shops?"
"Village is where village is," she says. So there is a country village nearby then.
"Pray tell, how does one get to the village?"
"Bicycle brings maid where maid brings bicycle."
"Aha," you say. "Where are the bicycles?"

After having eaten and been with Mistress for a while, caressing her hand, you go down to the bicycle shed at the back of the house. From what you could understand from Miss Diana, all you had to do was follow the road down from the mansion. With wind in your hair as you bicycle down the hill, past the place where Mistress's father must have killed those two poor peasants, feeling how much energy you have from the exercise you've had the last few days, you suddenly feel unstoppable and even happy. How could you not? There is a girl as wonderful as Mistress who probably needs you, and there is nothing you can't do. Érik's warning about the curse of the fighting style you picked up and the way Mistress had reacted to your comforting seems to you like something vague from a bad dream. Once Mistress wakes up everything will be okay again.

The village consists of several small buildings placed in a horseshoe by the place where the river that runs through the mansion grounds starts opening up to the sea. There is a wooden building that says "Hospital" in red, slightly washed out letters which has to be the doctor. There also seems to be some kind of lawyer, and some sort of town hall. You can imagine they have fairs here too. Actually you think you overheard one of the maids talking about something like that at one of the supper. You go towards what must be the grocery store. There is an orange, old lifering and some fishing nets hanging in the windows, but you can also see clothing. Behind a counter is a big, kind-looking, white-bearded man wearing a huge apron covering most of his body. A bell rings over the door as you enter. The man turns toward you, smiling more intensely.
"A maid from the Huxtable mansion, I presume?" he asks, looking at your clothing. You nod.
"How may I help you? I have plenty of wares," he says and ... was that a wink?
The following things seem of interest to you:

4x Medieval Armor (High Defense) - 5000₣ each
1x Beautiful Dress - 1000₣
560x Flintlock Bullets - 10₣ each
50x First Aid Kits - 80₣ each
1x Rare Candy - 1000₣
1x Dirty Magazine - 50₣
120x Food Supply - 100₣
>>
*120x Food Supply - 100₣ each

>>151750

You have no money. Thanking the man for showing you around, and possibly lying about returning another day with money, you go home to Mistress again - satisfied with what you have learned of your surroundings. It's only the early afternoon when you get back, so you decide to spend the rest of the day practicing English and CQC by yourself, taking breaks to check up on Mistress. You can feel yourself getting better at both, but you still have much practice to do.

The next day you read English again until the afternoon, feeling like you're getting even closer to reaching to a new level, but still not quite doing it. After that you meet up with the chief servant Éric again at the mansion grounds. You wonder how he avoids his responsibilities. Perhaps he considers it one of his duties to teach the Mistress's personal maid how to defend her. After practicing some more CQC grabs he shows you how to give someone first aid. You already mostly knew how to do it, the bandaging and everything, but you know it so well now that a doctor won't have to remove your bandages and put on new ones the next time. You hope it will never come to something like that with Mistress again, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Before you go, Érik gives you a few first aid kits to get you started. You thank him.

[Learned General Skill: First Aid.]
[Acquired 5x First Aid Kits.]

You wake up the next morning, the fifth day. Was there anything you wanted to buy in that shop? Who knows when you might need bullets or first aid kits. You do have quite a lot already though. And how are you going to get the money for it? Maybe you can tell Miss Diana that you need it for Mistress's sake? You almost sometimes feel like you're abusing that woman's trust though. You lie in bed for a while, wondering whether to just have another "routine day".

>Is there something you want from the shops, and if so, how will you try to get money?

Day 5: [Expedition] Try to get money and buy supplies if there are shops.
Day 6: [Routine] Practice English, CQC and first aid
Day 7: [Routine] Practice English, CQC and first aid
>>
>>151758
>Once Mistress wakes up everything will be okay again.

You just love scaring the piss out of me with ominous sentences like that, don't you? As for the shop, until we know what mistress wants/needs, I don't think we need any items at this point. We have ammo, we have heals, and we have an advanced combat style that hasn't been invented yet. I feel like we should give Diana a break, she's done so much for us and I would hate to do anything that might get her in trouble unless it was absolutely necessary. I think we should spend the rest of the week training, preferably close to mistress for when she wakes up. And then we'll see how we stand with her. I'm real fucking scared that she hates us guys, and that might be partially my fault if she does.
>>
>>151758
Sell clothes
>>
>>151962
Supporting the not shopping/getting money plan.
I'm scared, too anon.
>>
>>151962

This sounds good. Also, I think Mistress will be fine, just will have a lot of angst about not being able to see anymore.
>>
Why don't we use day 5 to check out another section of the house? Maybe we could find Papa Huxtables secret lab or something crazy like that.

>>151962
>>152133
Yeah the "Once Mistress wakes up everything will be okay again" line hit me like a brick wall.
Glad I'm not the only one who got spooked.
>>
>>152460
Eh, last time we tried that shit we got lost and wasted a day while gaining information of only possible relevance (the way the floors are constructed, the location of that art room) I'm not saying it was useless, in fact it may save our lives one day. But at the same time that info was only of uncertain relevance, while the other days taught us to fight, speak a second language (kind of) and heal. And no amount of CQC training will allow us to fistfight the local equivalent of a Metal Gear. But we don't know what we could learn if we do go exploring, so the potential gains are unknowable. I'll advise caution as of right now, perfecting the skills that could save mistresses life, and maybe ours too, should be our priority right now IMO.

We are all united in fear of what we may have wrought anon, the death of all the lesbian cuddling I've worked so hard to achieve may be on the horizon. Let us pray to Big Boss and the Yuri Gods that there is still hope.
>>
>>152549
Meant to spoiler that last part, sorry
>>
>>152549
You're %1000 percent right about how learning skills is gauranteed to help us whereas exploring could be a waste of one of our precious days. I just feel like there are so many cool things we could discover if we explore the mansion a little more. Surely one of the sections houses something very useful to us.

Don't worry anon. I've got it covered if she hates us when she wakes up. I've got a plan.
>>
>>152683
I trust you anon, but for all of our sake's, I hope we never have to implement it. But if it comes down to the kind of crazy that spawns greatness, I'll support you 1000%
>>
File: statuschart.png (78KB, 666x525px) Image search: [Google]
statuschart.png
78KB, 666x525px
Why do my tarot cards say >>152558 and >>152683 are the same person :( :(

>>151962
>>152133

You decide you pretty much have everything you will need in the foreseeable future, and even more than that. When is it likely you will have to fire a gun? It's better to spend your day continuing to practice the things you've picked up. Once again you read until the afternoon, then you practice CQC with Érik again until it gets dark.

[Reached Level 2 in Fighting Style: CQC (Close-Quarter-Combat).]
[Reached the level of Novice in English.]

The next morning, on the sixth day, you go out in Mistress's bedroom like usual, dressed in your maid's uniform and ready for a new day, when you're startled to realize Mistress is sitting up in the bed, with her back to the bedhead.
"W-who is that ... Hello?" she says meekly.
"Y-yes, M-Mistress. A-a-are you a-awake?"
"Colette? I-is that you?"
"Y-yes, Mistress."
Everything is completely silent for a while.
"So I'm blind then, I guess ...," Mistress says.
"Y-yes ..."
Again comes silence. Is she thinking about ... how you betrayed her?
"A-about b-before t-the doctor came, d-do you remember that?"
"... Yes."
"Mistress ..."
At that moment you hear a loud, electric burst. You remember that scientist in the suit doing that demonstration of the future at the city fair a few years ago ... That's how it sounds like, followed by the sound of something exploding. You run to the window and see a huge cloud of dark smoke already coming from over the roof. You open the window and a strange, intense, very unnatural smell hits you. The next moment someone flies past on some kind of wooden board, in the middle of the air. Behind this shadow suddenly comes ... a green, monstrous dragon, just like in fairy tales, and on top it - riding it like a horse - a woman in white armour. She has shoulder-length brown hair and big, blue triangle earrings.
"TIME CRIMINAL! YOU SHALL PAY FOR YOUR SINS!"
"Leave my daughter alone, you bastards!" you hear a more distant yell, and the shadow on the flying board turns spraying bullets toward the knight on the dragon. You've never seen a gun shoot so fast. Is that ... Can that be Mr. Huxtable? The dragon lady waves her sword around and you see the bullets turned to a fine dust, spraying over the window and raining like from a cloud made from pure oil. You see a giant white shape coming quickly towards the window and you throw yourself to the side as you hear glass crushing, something giantly white breaking through the window. A stork, just like in your dreams, and 8 feet tall too. Crushing through the walls to the drawing room, tapestry and plaster raining, comes another stork.
"W-what is g-going on, Colette? WHAT ARE ALL THESE NOISES?"

>What do you do?
[You are probably going to do die permanently no matter what you do, bla bla bla. Please be careful if you hold Colette-san's life valuable desu desu.]
>>
>>153077
Firstly, that guy and I are different people, I promise. I don't know how to prove that beyond my word though, sorry.

Anyway, on to the rest of this:

AW FUCK. Fire off a shot at the closest monster, grab mistress and FUCKING BOOK IT. Her safety is 1st priority as always, and our combat style is focused on human opponents (I do not regret that decision, there was no way to prepare for this crazy shit.) Mistress can't run on her own and we've been training our endurance, so we should be able to get out of the room intact, especially if we can headshot one of the fuckers. THIS IS NOT THE VINDICATION OF MY PARANOIA THAT I WANTED! FUCKING TIME COPS RUIN EVERYTHING
>>
>>153077
>Get Mistress out of the Bed
>Sneak behind Enemy lines (or hide with mistress for the love of god)
>Find any ppl that may help you along the way especially that bearded one who trained us
>Hide
>>
Hello Bell, thanks for writing, I've been here since the beginning but due to time zones can't contribute as much as I would like.

Grab mistress by the hand and try to lead her out of the room and quickly find Erik. Ask mistress if she has ever encountered time police before. Make sure mistress has her red gem necklace on before leaving the room.

Just noticed in the image, "souls collected"? Are the red gems that lead to time travel, souls? Hmmm.
>>
In as few words possible, while picking mistress up/ leading her to the door, describe the situation, ie, time police, father, storks, and hear what her opinion is. I don't feel like Colette can personally do much to handle this, hopefully mistress can use the necklace or has another idea. But we should still try and take her out of the room.

I can't help feeling like we wasted time learning English and should have mapped out the house on some paper, oh well.
>>
>>153077
"Mistress, we need to get out of here"
Lead her out of the room as quickly as possible and try to make it to a safe one like the library.
If any enemies comes near shoot them from a distance, or try our new martial art if they're too close.
>>
>>153077
I thought you and >>152710 were the same person at first but i think you're right. the guy seems extremely invested and might be afraid you will drop the story if you dont have enough unique players. Similar post styles
>>
>>153077

Well shit, I was hoping at least a day to just spend with Mistress and help her get used to no sight, as well as clear up our feelings.

Anyways, I say try to quickly explain what is going on while grabbing her hand and taking her somewhere else.
>>
>>153364
Wait, by guy do you mean me or Bell?
>>
>>153928 (You)
>>
I think I'm going to quit this. Honestly I started this at the spur of the moment and had never read a quest in my life, and then it got kind of addicting. I had a lot of free time on my hands then though, and I don't really have that anymore, so my updates are pretty slow and less inspired, I'm sure. This is probably the reason why I'm losing readers every thread rather than gaining new ones. I've also broken a lot of rules that go around here, like by only having write-ins and giving you trust issues, but that's the kind of creativity I always enjoyed, so I don't regret that. It was fun while it lasted, I guess. Thanks for reading! Also if you want I can spoil EVERYTHING. You'll probably be glad I didn't keep going.
>>
>>154246
Nooo. You can't quit (well you can, but we don't want you to).
>>
>>154246
Goddammit, I thought everything was going great. I was having fun, the story was picking up, and things were going beyond anything we could have expected. You didn't give us trust issues, you fucked with our heads like some of the greatest storytellers in gaming history. It's not that we didn't trust your word, it's that we had no way to expect what would happen next, AND THAT'S A GOOD THING. You told a unique story in a unique way, you based everything off of our decisions and perception instead of arbitrary luck and the will of the Dice Gods. I had a lot of fun with this entire adventure, and I would love it if you kept going. But at the end of the day, that's your choice, no one else's. If you think that you can't keep up this pace and keep the story interesting, then I can't stop you. But just know that at least one person had a hell of a good time because of you, and in my book, that makes you a big damn hero. I hope you try again Bell, you definitely have the skill and helpful madness to make something amazing, even if it isn't this. And if you choose not to keep going, I would love to see where it would have gone, for closures sake.
>>
>>154246
Please dont do this
This is the only great quest, since the start
>>
Would you guys prefer that I stopped completely and spoiled everything, or continuing at whatever pace I feel up to at any given day? I mean I could easily manage at least one post a day.
>>
>>154577

Meh, nevermind. So basically what was going to happen is that there was going to be this huge battle, completely tearing the mansion apart. You'd be fighting all these storks and there would also be like a giant-godzilla stork coming towards the house. Meanwhile Mistress's father on a hoverboard would be fighting Regina on her dragon who would evetually summon her holy knights and diverse saints from catholic history. The storks would be flying up into the air, trying to drop you and you would have a parachute (given to you by Greenslade who knows their attack style) and there would be like a long sequence where you're just falling down towards the mansion and fighting all kinds of shit while trying to grab another, falling parachute after your first one breaks. All of this, holding blind Mistress's hand. Reaching the ground Joan of Arc would attack you and there would be like 5-10 posts where she is just breaking your bones, making you blind, all kinds of horrible shit that would make you guys angry as fuck. It would end with her killing you and Game Over. I'd wait to get in all your reactions, then I would have Mistress's father use his last gem to go back in time and save you. After that Éric would sacrifice himself in some epic "so this was my true purpose way" so you four can get away (Edward Huxtable, blind Mistress, Greenslade, Colette) from the time inquisition and the now completely destroyed mansion.

I'd let you players decide what time period you would go to (what would you pick?????) and you'd get involved in some local problem, Star Ocean style, while trying to get more gems (except the one Mistress has) to fix the mistake Mistress's father made when he thought he managed to con God and the time police when he got his wife from the future and had his daughter. In a climatic scene in some kind of ruin in the rain (similar to the switch from Disc 1 to Disc 2 [I think] in Final Fantasy IX with Beatrice) you'd be completely owned by Regina and her dragon, and Mistress's father would be killed in a sad, but inspiring, heartbreaking way. There would be like a really long depressed phase after that when you're feeling lost, angsty, thinking about how you're technically the villains (opposing God and the time police). Regina would offer Colette to join her side, but you guys would probably refuse because you want yuri with Mistress. Also it would turn out that Greenslade is actually into little kids, which is why he is overcompensating so much with his intelligence. As for the romance with Mistress, she is actually in love with you, but she's seen how homosexuals are treated in 1880s France, so it would be hot and cold constantly, giving you mixed signals all the time.
>>
>>154798

Anyway, in the end you would slowly manage to build up hope again (kind of like after Cloud falls into the lifestream in Final Fantasy VII) for a final encounter. You would be CRUSHED though. Greenslade would be horrifically killed and it would be just you and Mistress getting cornered. As long as Mistress has the red gem though, the storks can't touch her (for lots of technical reasons I'm not get into), so when the storks are coming for you - she suddenly says, "The more you suffer, the more you give away - the more you love them, right?" and at the last moment, as the storks are coming, she would give you the necklace and be torn away by the storks, ripped away into shreds. You'd return to your own time, and you can't use the gem to save Mistress because then the storks will just come back and kill you both - so you swallow lots of pills and hire a prostitute to sleep on top of you, closing your eyes and pretending she is Mistress as you die. (Probably to go to hell because Catholicism is canon in this universe.)

This was the True Ending though. Good Ending goes back to the theme about determinism. All the characters you are hanging out with, like Mistress's father, are refusing to take responsibility for the choices they take and faults they make, always blaming it on things outside their control. You guys are basically the villains after all, playing with time for your own selfish reasons. Basically to reach the Good Ending you would have had to oppose all the ways I was trying to control the story, taking responsibility for your own destiny, and force me into a happy ending. An example would be to try to negotiate with Regina to save yours and Mistress's lives in return for apprehending her criminal father, Mistress didn't do anything wrong after all, - or you could have not allowed Mistress to boss you around like she was doing at the start, fighting her back when she attacked you, and teaching her that love is not about hurting yourself or others, etc. So basically the moral of the game is that you have to take responsibility for your own life if you are going to be happy. I guess it's also a kind of deconstruction of the relationship between the player and the QM. tl;dr: This is way too much effort for something like 4 people are following closely. As less immediately gratifying as it is, I think it's better that I spend the time I have for writing on projects that I might be able to sell, like books, etc. If someone wants to Maid Simulator 2016 into a game or something, or just like my writing and want me for some kind of project though, feel free to get in touch with me about it!

Thanks for having followed this so far, it was lots of fun!
>>
>>154814
Thanks OP
will be waiting for MS 17
>>
>>154798
>>154814
Ι get what you mean. Nice and original all in all, great writing. Made this short while unique as in made memories if you catch my drift. good luck in all future endeavors
>>
>>154814
Sad it's over, but it was a fun ride. Or sounds like it would have been fun, but I definitely understand why you would stop. Good luck in your writing endeavors, and thanks for the fresh quest.
>>
>>154814
Sad to see it go, but it was fun while it lasted.
>>
File: 1462254088089.jpg (144KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1462254088089.jpg
144KB, 800x1200px
I was really enjoying this :(

Well, godspeed OP, you kept me entertained when my bird died, too bad it ended so abruptly.
>>
>>154814
If you will do another quest, book, or game, please inform us on your twitter ( https://twitter.com/helpmecosmia77 )
>>
>>154814
GOD. DAMN. Are you some kind of twisted Kojima? Because that would have been horrifically convoluted in the best ways possible. You're a credit to everyone on this fucking website Bell, even if we were almost definitely going to get a Bad End. This was a great exercise of the mind, and I wish you luck in all things you marvelous bastard.
>>
>>154814
Thanks, it was fun while it lasted.

Thank you for telling us how it would have gone instead of just leaving us hanging.
>>
>>154814
Damn. Even though that's not a happy ending at all, it's a lesson. Fucking stand up for yourself in life, make sure people do the right thing. That's way more morally correct than I thought this quest would be, although I don't know why. Thanks Bell for the adventure, followed it from the beginning. Heart you man
>>
Too bad it ended, it was a nice quest. Hopefully you make a new one someday in the future
>>
>>154246
>This is probably the reason why I'm losing readers every thread rather than gaining new ones.
either that, or
- the fact that you post in the middle of the night or daytime for not-USA instead of the weekends like your first thread(s?),
- the continental-scale railroading that has been pointed out.
- you're planning a "True end", how can you pretend to not be writing by yourself already,
- your characters aren't interesting (MC: "Okie Dokie", golem: it can walks fast AND slow!, mistress: abusive emo nihilist, Diana: HODOR, faginthelibrary: railroaded out of scope),
- (you samefagging as) your audience dicksucking your attention-whoring self ("oh you're so better than X", "give money")
- you're so engrossed with yourself that you don't give a shit about your players: whatever they post isn't worthy of posterity (you're pushing an archive where their contribution is summarised as a single line, while saying "muh quest is a 30k words wonder no one can tl;dr and if you're asking for that you're a shitlord").

At least you managed to stop.
>>
>>161711

I'm not even going to defend against any of this because you seem to have bothered to read it all, which I think makes my case sufficiently.
>>
Also thanks for all the nice things everyone is saying!! I might put something more up on Twitter >>156958 (like I have an almost finished zombie short story), but I'll have to see, I guess!
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.