[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a fucking idiot, /pol/. I'm a 19 year old American

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 36

File: 1310572247573.jpg (4KB, 212x251px) Image search: [Google]
1310572247573.jpg
4KB, 212x251px
I'm a fucking idiot, /pol/.

I'm a 19 year old American idiot who doesn't know shit about shit.

When I lurk on this board, you guys are constantly having extensive arguments about history and current events. What I'd like to know is how. Where do you get all your information from? How do you keep up with all the modern issues in politics, economics, science, etc.?

I'd just like to be more conscious and informed.
>>
File: Bach-deal-with-it.jpg (87KB, 625x472px) Image search: [Google]
Bach-deal-with-it.jpg
87KB, 625x472px
Dont you know anon? We never reveal our sources.
>>
Get out while you still can OP. There is still hope for you. Run you fool.
>>
>>33645299

Well, seeing as you sit behind iron wall and your internet is heavily censored (if you have internet at all), you are beyond help.
>>
>>33645299
Self study. Public school doesn't teach shit. Find a book about a topic (ex fall of the roman empire) then look for the part where it blames jews. Every book has that section
>>
>>33645299
B O O K S
O
O
K
S
>>
Half the stuff you see posted here is someone pulling it out of their asshole.

Most of the other half is by someone who heard it from someone who heard it from someone else who pulled it out of their asshole.

The remainder comes from google news.
>>
>>33645299
Not knowing what books are for
>>
>>33645299
RT for everything that doesn't involve Russia and Al jessera for everything else.
>>
>>33645299
looking up the historical background to myriad FPS singleplayer campaigns
>>
>>33645299

Get out while you still can. /pol/ will change you.
>>
>>33645661
Sad but true
>>
>>33645299
www.stormfront.org
>>
>>33645299
I cannot speak for others but I have a BA in Political Science and a JD. It helps to read the news every morning and read various books. Well, "read" can be rather broad since I listen to audio books while working out, riding my bike or driving.
>>
>>33645299
http://pastebin.com/TzZC78cp
>>
>>33645715
Www.honeypot.org
>>
>>33645299

Nigger 90% of everything posted is just pure horseshit.
>>
>>33645465
this

ignorance is better

leave now
>>
>>33645299
Watch the news and read books other than harry potter.
>>
>>33645622
>>33645600
>>33645719

What books would you recommend for starters?
>>
>>33645769
Wrong, don't listen to this Jew op.

Go by what makes sense to you. If you're unsure about something that posted here do your own research and cross reference all of the sources you can find
>>
>>33645299
try khan academy anon, khanacademy.org, good for self learning. They have a bunch of history shit on there.
>>
>>33645299

If you want to learn economics, just read some undergraduate economics textbooks. Here's the textbooks I used:

Macroeconomics by Greg Mankiw
Intermediate Microeconomics by Hal Varian
>>
>>33645757
lel as long as you aren't posting bomb threats nobody gives a shit
>>
>>33645299
Pick a very specific era/event that interests you and learn about it. Expand from there. Patterns will emerge and threads will combine.

I would also recommend the following YouTube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfEBupAeo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSVWXmZB1wc

That will introduce you to some of the concepts that /pol/ talks about. I wouldn't look at esoteric stuff until you are comfortable with the more practical stuff.

Don't believe everything you are told. Good luck.
>>
>>33645299
Reuters, BBC, RT, Al Jazeera.

They are all biased, and if you know what their bias is it's pretty easy to pick out the facts behind the bullshit. Just don't be an idiot, eg don't believe everything you hear about the situation in Crimea in a story by a place fucking called Russia Today.
>>
>>33645833
Europe: A History by Norman Davies
>>
>>33645299
>Where do you get all your information from?
i run the 'luminati, nigga.
>>
>>33645299
Books, Wikipedia, and talking to strangers on /pol/ and other boards/forums. Also watch news, but those are more often than not trying hard to be politically correct, so you have to filter the bullshit. About science, I'm studying physics and chemistry, so those (along with earth science and astronomy) are my area of expertise when talking on /pol/.
>>
>>33645299
step one:find an interest
step two:research it (watching youtube documentaries are simple and easy)

I'm 18 and for the past two years i've been watching a documentary a night on any historical period that i am interested in. I find it incredibly entertaining and interesting, and i don't feel like i have had a good day unless i learn some cool stuff about ww2 or europe during the plague etc. From age 14-17 i was big into economic and political issues, so i did a lot of research of economics and politics and started posting on forums.
I thought everyone did something like i do, i cannot believe you are 19 and haven't fed your curiosity yet.
>>
>>33645883
>>33645836

A lot of people in this thread are trying to take advantage of ops naivety.

OP, listen to the anons I just replied to
>>
The truth is out there everywhere. TV is thought control, social media is for corporations and government to study you, jews own all mass media and run all banks. Do a quick search and you will see who runs everything. Hitler was hated because he kicked out jew banks. Putin is trying to arrest the Rothschild's (jew bankers) so the media is making him out to be a bad guy. Air Malaysia is being corporately sabotaged because Islamic backers bought a whole new fleet of aircraft and tools and jew owned american companies need to purchase new planes to replace their deteriorating fleet. They do not want to buy direct from Boeing but they want Air Malaysia to be liquidated and then they buy the new planes for pennies on the dollar so they have hired mercs to do their dirty work.
>>
>>33645883
>>33645963
>>33646000
>>33645993

Thank you!

>>33645894

Out of those four I'm only familiar with Al Jazeera (my parents watch that) and BBC.

Al Jazeera is a liberal news source, correct? What are the biases of the other three?
>>
File: Never_Forget.png (2MB, 1562x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Never_Forget.png
2MB, 1562x1018px
>>33645299
>dubs

Don't rely solely on schooling for your knowledge gain. Study, and study extensively. Read, and make sure your info. comes from credible sources.
>>
>>33645833
Just read Diary of an economic hitman which was interesting
Richard Dawkins books are good if you wanna read about religion and evolution
>>
>>33645299
books. if you're interested in the subject, they can be fun to read and teach you alot. also, as other anons have said, know your source's bias.
>>
>>33646191

How do I identify credible sources? Aren't all sources biased in one way or another?
>>
>>33645883
Some of those videos are ok. Though the kid really needs to find his own to start becoming a /pol/lack.
>hatred of femenists/femenism
>hatred of non whites (jews especially)
>either a fedora tipper or a fedora basher
>hatred of islam
Those are a few basic principles that make up /pol/s ideology. A good rule of thumb is to always be edgy and politically incorrect e.g. media and public are liberal=you are firmly conservative.
>>
>Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.
—Lord Byron

Abandon ship while you still can, my young friend.

I'm a graduate of the Ivy League, a combat veteran, and held some interesting positions in both the public and private sectors.

For me, the so-called red pill was worth the price of admission, but I would not wish it on my worst enemies.
>>
Jews and assorted liberal assholes constantly smear Stormfront with assertions of anti-intellectualism, but it's simply a ruse to keep you in the dark. They host the writings of Revilo P. Oliver, a brilliant man and a doctorate of Classical Studies, that do wonders for explaining and tying together historical events that are often discussed on /pol/. Here are a few links to archives of his writings:

www.revilo-oliver.com
https://www.stormfront.org/rpo/
>>
>>33645833
>What books would you recommend for starters?
Politics affects everyone in everyday life so it's a broad field. I read Politics for Dummies (don't let the title bother you) a few years back to see how well it was written and it is a pretty concise and accurate (and often entertaining) book for learning about the federal government. Perhaps the most memorable book I read during undergrad is Eric Redman's "Dance of Legislation" which chronicles a young man as a staffer in the Senate trying to get a single bill passed and following its course through the law making process.

If you're interested a bit more about political history in the US (assuming you are American) then the Federalist Papers gives a lot of information about the concepts and intents behind the US Constitution or Alexis de Tocqueville's Democracy in America.

Or if you want to have a more conceptual and broad grasp of politics in general then Aristotle's Politics or David Easton's The Political System may be more useful.
>>
take a course in 20th century history, it's a good introduction to the classic view of right vs left politics. After that you're pretty much ready to shitpost with authority.
>>
File: you.png (126KB, 481x271px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
126KB, 481x271px
>>33646256
>>33646256
...sure
>>
>>33646143
Oh, i forgot to add that to weed through the shit documentaries go for ones with at least 10:1 like:dislike ratio. This will be perfectly fine for history docs, though obviously politically incorrect redpill videos will really enrage the average youtube user, thus it might have an asstonne of dislikes.
>>
>>33645465

This, ignorance is a much easier, sometimes preferable route.
>>
>>33645299
L.e.a.v.e w.h.i.l.e y.o.u c.a.n
w.h.y. d.i.d.n.t y.o.u l.i.s.t.e.n
>>
File: IMG11.jpg (405KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG11.jpg
405KB, 1600x1200px
The only book you need.
>>
>>33645299

in the past i would tell you to go to college, but in all earnest most of the people in college nowadays are unworthy of it and the professors are basicly brainwashing cultists.

this place doesnt exactly have the best debaters, but one in a while im plesatnly surprised.

anyhow here is where i would tell you to start.

their is a man named isocrates, you can find all his surviving work in three volumes at the loeb classical library, buy all of them and study them throughly and you will be in a better position in life than 90% of the people you will ever meet.

after that go learn what fractional reserve banking is, how our entire society is a self inflicted delusion and nothing people place such a high importance on even exists.

if i were to tell you what to do after this it would only lead you to suffering, but it should be obvious once you realize how much of your world is a lie.

good luck destroying your own pretenses.
>>
Are you serious? 95% of the "history" posted here is copy pasted from unsourced Jewish conspiracy blogs and forums on the internet.

Notice how "mainstream" history is always wrong and conveniently the REAL STORY is something that vilifies Jews... every single time.
>>
>>33646475
>>>/k/
>>
>>33646225
Yes, but recognize bias when you see it and think around it. I think you'll be able to easily identify reliable sources with experience.

None of this comes overnight; it'll take years to be what you want to be. Have inexhaustible patience, and you will reach your goal.
>>
File: 1402926876084.jpg (91KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1402926876084.jpg
91KB, 500x499px
Wait another 20 years kek
>>
Don't believe CNN. Don't believe the wall street journal. Don't believe BBC or Al Jazeera or RIA Novosti. Don't believe your uncle. Don't believe your dog. Don't believe your friends. Don't believe that guy in the sandwich board on the street corner. Don't believe Ron Paul. Don't believe believe newspapers or movies or magazines or books. Especially don't believe textbooks. Don't believe stormfront. Don't believe /pol/. Don't believe Vice News.

You can rely only on yourself. No one will tell you what the truth is or where to find it, because everybody has a bias. After a while you can learn to identify these biases and filter them out of 'information' relayed to you by others.

That is all.
>>
File: FIRE.jpg (450KB, 770x511px) Image search: [Google]
FIRE.jpg
450KB, 770x511px
>>33646475
my nigga
>>
>>33645833
Depends on the subject but the classics have to be at least seen through. Stuff like "The Prince" by Machiavelli, Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, Art of War etc, then you can delve more deeply into whatever subject interests you, start by reading articles/wikipedia for a broad but shallow look into subjects you want researched and go deeper into specifics from there.

Careful not to take shit too seriously, this board will fuck you up real fast.

As for current events, finding an unbiased source is next to impossible but what you can do is read stuff on a few different sites and mix and match shit.
>>
>>33645836

He doesn't even need to; the majority of people posting a link doesn't even fucking read it themselves. Really, he just needs to lurk more. And so do you newfag.
>>
>>33645836

>not realizing that your le epic everyone is a Jew meme disqualifies you from advising anyone on anything

You are textbook brainwashed. Kill yourself.
>>
>>33645719
>I cannot speak for others but I have a BA in Political Science
I'd like mine with extra Cheese
>>
>>33646143
Correct, Al Jazeera is a daughter company of CNN, a.k.a libshit 101 - the medium, BBC is the UK version of the same. RT is biased towards Russia wherever Russia is concerned (not by much tho), otherwise they are a decent news source (imo).
>>
>>33645299
Reddit.com

Where else you fucking noob
>>
>>33645299
Bots you fucking idiot.
>>
>>33645299

Go to the library and read some books. Thats what I've been doing since I was little. Read articles online. If there's something you interested in or want to understand how it works, google it.
>>
>>33646628
You stopped reading the sentence too early.
>>
>>33646143
Al Jazeera is not "liberal". Every news source has its own bias. What agenda does Fox News have? Russia Today? Press TV? Everything is biased and once you identify the general nature of that bias you can start to more easily see through the bullshit. Pretty much every piece of media you consume is propaganda. You need to build your own mental firewall. There is no source that is 100% accurate, unbiased and reliable. Even my posts here have an agenda.

Expose yourself to opposing views. If you watch an interesting documentary that blows your mind, try to google for a debunking of it.

Try not to get carried away.

A good starting point:

the petrodollar
>>
>>33645299
Just read a lot. Make sure to pay attention to the news (from multiple sources). Read history, philosophy, literature, anything. Political columns are often shit, but they offer quick looks at modern issues from different perspectives. Let your brain suck in a lot of information, and think about what significance and interrelation everything has. And keep in mind that there are a lot of people here, and we don't all know everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 304x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 304x380px
Go be an idiot somewhere else

And stop shitting up this board with your teenage diary like posts

Op is a faggot
>>
Play Age of Empires 1&2
you will now literally at least 50% of the history discussed here
>>
File: 1406143393464.png (24KB, 632x602px) Image search: [Google]
1406143393464.png
24KB, 632x602px
Knowing your history helps a lot. Lucky for us at this time in history you can draw a line at WWII and are good enough to just care about everything that happened after for modern history and clearly before or older.

It's not 100% but for most cases it works.

Reading a lot of books help build that background of knowledge. I'm not talking the types of books that people are promoting today, that I like to think of as, Title and much longer Sub Title books. But just general fiction.

Take Heinlein, from his books you can put together a general overview of the 20th century, and some of the popular themes.

For a long time people thought that the world was going to run out of the ability to make food, and not just in the shit hole parts of the world. As such for a long time a popular theme in Heinlein's books was rationing of food.

For economics you can read the works of the popular economists, or even just other people's overviews of them. If you don't know how money if created and distributed you can start there and then build forward. A look at the Great Depression and how Germany pulled it's self up under the Nazi system of a new currency is a great base for information.

As you age you will pick up things if you are interested in more than sports and getting drunk on weekends.
>>
>>33646746
Stop being a faggot shitskin, whites help each other.
>>
File: 1381519985638.jpg (1MB, 2670x1845px) Image search: [Google]
1381519985638.jpg
1MB, 2670x1845px
>>33645833
>>
>>33646668

What bias does NPR have? That's another one my parents have always listened to.
>>
>>33645833

Is there a subject your interested in? Go to the library and get some books out on it. Just browse around in it, you'll be surprised what you find.
>>
>>33646789
>>33646820
>>33646744
>>33646728
>>33646702
>>33646550
>>33646477

Thank you guys for your input.
>>
>>33646907

your welcome
>>
>>33645299
Read Tragedy and Hope
>>
>>33645299

I have a BA in history, but the majority of my historical knowledge has come from reading shit online.
My geographical and historical geography knowledge has come from playing strategy games.
>>
>>33646841
I think they put out an effort to remove bias from their reporting, but they do lean left-wing and pro-US government. I think they're one of the better news sources, though.
>>
>>33645299
The mainstream news is full of shit.

The documentary that says the mainstream news is full of shit is full of shit.

The youtube channel that says the documentary that says mainstream news is full of shit is full of shit is full of shit.

The thread on /pol/ that says the youtube channel that says the mainstream news is full of shit is full of shit is full of shit is full of shit.

The commenter that says the thread on /pol that says that says the youtube channel that says the documentary that says the mainstream news is full of shit is full of shit is full of shit is full of shit is full of shit.

Don't believe anyone.
>>
>>33645299
rekt
>>
>>33645299
For some bite-sized "behind the news" videos on current events, look at this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/StormCloudsGathering/videos

I don't buy a lot of the shit he says, but there are some good examples of how to think beyond what the news tells you.
>>
Any good books that expose multiculturalism?
>>
>>33646477
>isocrates
seriously? rhetoric? every fucking politician/lobbyist uses rhetoric for his own goals rather than logic in the sense of society, and that is why we are in this fucking mess. its not about your own position but the position of everyone, you are selfish.
>>
>>33646975
>Strategy games

This. Don't underestimate how much you can learn about history just because Carthage is wrecking your shit and you go on the next and look it up. Next thing you know, you're reading about Hannibal's tactics at the battle of Cannae.
>>
>>33645769

sounds like the rest of world.

makes no difference!
>>
>>33645299
Don't worry about all the tryhards deflecting your question, they don't know either. You've already taken the first step, Anon. Realizing that you do not know.
>>
File: 1368189693956.jpg (32KB, 312x342px) Image search: [Google]
1368189693956.jpg
32KB, 312x342px
>>33645833

http://www.counter-currents.com/

http://iamthewitness.com/books/Protocols.in.Modern.English.htm

http://www.iamthewitness.com/DarylBradfordSmith_Rosenthal.html

http://truedemocracyparty.net/2012/05/most-banned-book-in-the-world-200-years-together-aleksandr-solzhenitsyn/

http://www.watchmenfaithministries.com/recomendedreading.html

http://en.booksee.org/book/699969
>>
File: 1407167871013.jpg (63KB, 750x749px) Image search: [Google]
1407167871013.jpg
63KB, 750x749px
>>33645299
You are on the internet. Thousands of years of human knowledge gatherd in one place. Books, music, culture, architecture, history, blueprints, philosophy. Religion and physics, biology and mysticism, chemistry, electronics, alchemy and home-made explosives. And yet you wonder where can you get ANY information from?
There is no excuse. Get to work.
>>
>>33646907
knowledge is power use it well
>>
>>33647055
Nothing that's not biased, no.
>>
>>33645833
MEIN KAMPF

:^^^^DD
>>
>>33645578
Gibbon's a fucking G mang.
>>
>>33645833
I would recommend not listening to anyone's book recommendations.
>>
>>33645299
Read Books
Watch documentaries
Do not believe something until you've researched it personally
Talk to other people
>>
File: 1400517892330.jpg (38KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1400517892330.jpg
38KB, 403x403px
>>33647158
>tfw it will finally become legal in Germany next year
>>
File: 1400159166749.jpg (11KB, 242x150px) Image search: [Google]
1400159166749.jpg
11KB, 242x150px
>>33647132
>watchmen
Is that related to the Watch Tower Bible tract? You know that is the 7th Day Adventists right? Lemme guess, theme is End of Days?

It didn't even need to be like this, really.
>>
>>33647205
this
>>
File: rome.jpg (35KB, 400x336px) Image search: [Google]
rome.jpg
35KB, 400x336px
>>33647165
Mein neger
>>
>>33647068

this was rhetoric at its finest and is the foundation of most western forms, once you see it you can identify it and either be able to effectively counter it or outright avoid it.

once you see how this behavior is done and realize our society is built on literally nothing but a mass shared delusion you then realize none of it exists and can then begin to deconstruct the lies you have been feed as a child.

its this process of deconstruction that will make you question everything you know about the world, and through that process of questioning will become a habit and you will actually learn something about the world rather than blindly swallow the rhetoric.
>>
>>33647072
this.
>>
>>33645299
I'm watching c span2 right now. I like to see how many times they can lie in. A two hour period
>>
>>33647208
>tfw the german gubumant treats it's citizens like children
>>
>>33647309
>this was rhetoric at its finest and is the foundation of most western forms, once you see it you can identify it and either be able to effectively counter it or outright avoid it.
Not the same poster but I have to ask. Let me see if I understand you correctly. You are suggesting Socrates as an example of what _not_ to do? That's like suggesting to your daughter to watch Paris Hilton to learn how to be a proper young woman, ie. what _not_ to do.
>>
>>33647366
Whats your count?
>>
>>33645299
Read.
>>
>>33647309
>the lies you have been feed as a child.

Silly child, they'e not lies, they're constructed perception to create a form of self-identity of some kind for you cannot lack a social perception. Whether you agree to it based on your retarded feelings or not is irrelevant.
> through that process of questioning will become a habit and you will actually learn something about the world rather than blindly swallow the rhetoric.

I agree with this but you lack the failure to understand it's necessity.
>>
File: 1405947673235.png (545KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1405947673235.png
545KB, 640x640px
>>33645299
Basically the worlds elites are using the superpowers politicians as puppets to further their adgenda. They have funded almost every war since napoleon

/pol/ will tell you its the jews but its deeper than that once you understand that they dont practice Judaism at all. and most are SCIENTOLOGISTS and TRANSHUMANISTS
>>
>>33647072
>>33646975

That's interesting. What strategy games would you guys recommend?
>>
>>33645299
i browsed the catalog.. and heres what i found

The first 4 threads were muh racism, the next 6 were muh religion. Next up was some nazi shit followed by some right/left ramblings. Next was your daily dose of racemixing, followed by rape and pedo threads.

Yours was next. Do NOT try and learn any-fucking-thing from this place.

Now go.....go forth and shit a dick out of ur ass you gigantic faggot
>>
>>33647471
>>>/x/
>>
>>33645299
>how?

I'm just a nerd who loves to read and has a degree in history and political science. I've never felt bad for not knowing something, instead I simply feel happy about learning something new.

Give it time, anon. You're young.
>>
>>33645833
The Harvard Classics is considered the equivalent of a classical Liberal Arts Degree.

>inb4 muh stem degrees

You can download the entire thing on the net.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Classics
>>
>>33647493
Any particular reason why you say that?

You remember my pic from a thread?
>>
>>33647387
>gubumant
w-what ?
>>
File: tin foil.jpg (120KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
tin foil.jpg
120KB, 1200x800px
>>33647471
>>
>>33646789
Nice cactus.
>>
>>33647548
>>33647493
>going against what they say
>>
>>33647532
Tell him about the Jews.
>>
File: halalunch.png (507KB, 634x359px) Image search: [Google]
halalunch.png
507KB, 634x359px
>>33645299
>>33645661
>>33645706
nah.. you need some unfiltered opinions every now abd then. just don't browse /pol/ exclusively
>>
>>33647406

never brought up socrates, the point is to realize what it is and how pervasive that form of thought in our society, its more about recognizing then avoiding because you see it crop in so many odd places its fascinating.

>>33647452

the whole reason the world that exists now does is because people can be tempeted into wanting things they do not need, that is what consumerism is, the most dangerous thing to our society in turn is someone who is unreceptive to these temptations and can sway others to forgo their luxuries.

people in modern education are not taught about logic or how to question what they see, without knowing how they accept all things blindly and if you cannot separate the subjective from the objective then your going to continue to be lead around by desires which were implanted in you rather than being naturally formed from your own being.

are you still going to say i dont understand the necessity?
>>
>>33647548
You fool!
Thats aluminum foil!
>>
>>33646711
>and a JD
I hope you got it at Yale, Harvard or Stanford
If not you're fucked
>>
>>33647485
Ayyy Rome Total War (the first part), Knights of Honor, then you have more complex ones like Europa Universalis and pretty much anything by Paradox Interactive. But you still gotta put in the effort.
Example: Parthia #rekts your shit with cataphracts, you proceed to read shit related to cataphracts and Parthia on wikipedia for 2 hours.

You might wanna start with the fun stuff first tho, read about mythology, spec. Greek, Egyptian, Babylonian etc, that will make it easier for you to transition to the harder stuff like a spec. people's culture, economy, military etc.

Baby steps.
>>
>>33647726
>never brought up socrates
You're right. I should have written Isocrates but the point is the same.

>its more about recognizing
Am I to understand that you are telling me that I am correct that you are trying to teach others how to be "correct" by using an example of "incorrect?"

>>33647772
I got it to go into politics not get a job as a lawyer (though that's always a back up).
>>
If you think the jews did it.
Then stay here.
If you think the jews didn't do it.
Then run fool, right now and bath with ignorance.

Every bad thing has a jew on top of it;
>>
>>33647740
>>33647678
>>33647548
>>33647493
http://theglobalelite.org/category/transhumanism/
http://www.occupycorporatism.com/transhumanism-how-the-elite-plan-to-live-forever/
http://youtu.be/H0JU1j6OXMg
http://hplusmagazine.com/2010/05/03/welcome-home-satanic-transhumanist-elite-conspiracy/
http://www.infowars.com/transhumanism-the-goal-of-the-global-elite-with-transhumanism-expert-daniel-estulin/
http://gangstalkingsurfers.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/transhumanism-eugenics-elite-bloodlines/
>Daily reminder that its transhumanism thats the ultimate goal not " the extinction of the goyim"
>>
File: Achtung!.webm (3MB, 382x912px)
Achtung!.webm
3MB, 382x912px
>>33645299
Be aware that the conventional left/right paradigm is a trap. Voting is a scam that changes very little. Special interest groups fund both sides. "Democracy" is a very effective control mechanism.
>>
File: 1403597479095.jpg (51KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1403597479095.jpg
51KB, 720x720px
>>33645299
start with the "Hardcore History" podcast. pretty informative stuff.
>>
>>33645655
ok well i guess you only know about russia and iraq then faggot
>>
>>33647841
same thing with
>white vs black
>jew vs muslim

this whole IDF thing is a trap
>>
>>33647288
>Christianity sucks ass and its why rome fell

There, saved you a few weeks of reading
>>
File: JIDF detected.webm (3MB, 1280x544px)
JIDF detected.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>33647894
>>
>>33645299

Well... We read mostly.
>>
>>33646475
>written by a faggot
I just can't trust it.
>>
>>33648018
shut up dumb ass.
>>33647839
disprove this then weel talk
>>
>>33645629
>al JESSEra
>>
>>33648135
>weel
>>
>>33647447
This is the only relevant answer. Maybe read and study in order to expound on ideas.
>>
http://krystallnacht.com/lib/
>>
>>33645883
>Patterns will emerge and threads will combine

Joooooopws
>>
>>33645299
>read stuff
>remember stuff
>completely ignore it all and join the hivemind of /pol/
>>
>>33645299
Listen to Rush Limbaugh for 3 hours every weekday. That is all you need.
>>
>>33645833
Will Durant.
>>
>>33648284
>listening to fake conservatives

Oh I get it, a joke.
>>
File: ad800europe.gif (25KB, 600x475px) Image search: [Google]
ad800europe.gif
25KB, 600x475px
OP don't just read books, understand History as something very important that every man that wants to have a say in the current world need to have some knowledge of. Human nature usually leads us to go through similar things again and again, learning history will make it easier to identify these "patterns" and be more aware of the world's present by knowing it's past.
Try to be passionate with it, put yourself on the shoes of your ancestors and these old actors and you'll understand everything more easily.
Once you actually have some knowledge of history you will be able to find a reference to a past event with most current happenings, like revolutions, wars or simple quotes
Don't forget to always learn some geography, that way you'll be able to visualize where things are happening or might happen, this accompanied with some knowledge of that place's inhabitants cultures and how they react to certain things is very useful.
Just don't focus on Europe, other places also have thousands of years of history and don't try to learn things word by word without understanding them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yocja_N5s1I&list=PLBDA2E52FB1EF80C9 This might be useful, also don't be afraid of hopping through Wikipedia articles, it's not the most reliable place but serves for basic knowledge
>>
If you want to know about how jews rule the world do extensive studying of:

-French revolution
-Napoleon
-World war 1

Those are the events that cementified the jew. Before that they didn't actually hold much power.

Also: keynesian economics=virtuous and /pol/
friedman/monetarism: Destruction of humanity.
>>
File: 1405435157880.gif (499KB, 450x296px) Image search: [Google]
1405435157880.gif
499KB, 450x296px
>>33645833
Guns, Germs, and Steel is very enlightening as to why Europe succeeded instead of Africa
>>
>>33645299
I watch the news -- Fox, CNN, Reuters, RT, MSNBC is too cancer -- and took the Jew-College-Board's AP European History class. It might have been offered at your school. The course is important, not for what it teaches you, but that it makes you actually think (They're changing it so you just memorize now, critical thinking is dangerous)

The most important part of that is the document-based essay. You read 9-10 documents about a certain topic and answer the question by making shit up and defending it using the documents and outside information. You have to analyze the authors' biases for it to work properly, plus you get extra points doing that. You practice this early because it's a ton of easy points on the test. But the added benefit is that your begin to unconsciously analyze bias on everything you read, watch, hear, see, whatever, and draw your own independent opinions from it.

Even -- and this is important -- what the course is teaching you.
Most kids you'll see in a school class will just memorize because it's easier than critically thinking, especially the asians. They'll spit back answers and do well. The alternative is to treat this "historical truth" as just another document. Who's it coming from, why are they saying what they are, who benefits from this angle, what other angles might there be, what other sources are there? And then you can form whatever opinion or conclusion you want, but it can never be "false", because it has basis in fact.

Then you apply this to the news. Three, four different sources -- all saying the same things happened (mostly) but putting huge spins on it. What's common? Everything common is probably true. What are their opinions? Why are they saying it? What do they get out of it? And now you form your own. You have an outlook on what's going on that's truly your own, which is more than can be said for at least 80% of Americans.
>>
>>33645299

Get a subscription to the Economist. It can be too lefty at times, but it covers current events extensively and you read about events that US Nedia doesn't cover/doesn't cover well, just take their opinions with a grain of salt.
For history, I have read about it since I was a kid because reading about wars and politics is fun for me, like game of thrones but without the dragons and zombies. If you can't afford to drop a hundred bucks on books every couple months, just read Wikipedia a lot. Pick something you're interested in, US history or world war 2 or the crusades or whatever and go to the wiki page, you'll end up getting sidetracked by millions of links and absorbing a ton of knowledge. It's fairly accurate, though you need books (plural) on any given area to fully understand it, Wikipedia will give you a solid basic/general understanding. In my experience in college, Wikipedia is about as good as any "intro to X" class, and often more involved than many classes I've taken. You have to take controversial issues with a grain of salt when reading about them on Wikipedia, but usually when it says something stupid some random autist will have put [citation needed] next to it, so if you just avoid assuming every single sentence is 100% fact you'll be all right.
>>
>>33645299
Gtfo. Ignorance is a blessing.
>>
>>33647821

ok let me use an analogy, lets say you have a feature in a building design you learn about, then all of a sudden your going through a city you have live in for years and realize that feature is in so many buildings you didnt even noticed before.

this is not about correct or incorrect, only recognizing how pervasive and subtle such lines of thought are in their perspective fields more than 2400 years since their conception
>>
>>33648402
Spengler's got a better analysis
>>
>>33647471
the thing is there isn't any evidence for this. taking it further than "jews" is just speculation, maybe wishful thinking because you don't want to be a racist.
>>
>>33645769
>I'm closed-minded *and* ignorant, so you should listen to me
>>
>>33648402
It's also been heavily criticized as Eurocentric and poorly researched.
>>
>>33648341
This map is incorrect tbh,Byzantine empire only had little of of dalmatian coast and a couple of islands. While frankish empire never went so far Into Croatia,also slavs were much more concentraded in dalmatia (croats) and in place of current monte negro (serbs). Im sorry for writing this
>>
>>33648499
Judaism is a religion not a race. A lot of them are in power but most are not observant.

There isnt any evidence? Other than what they SAY THEMSELVES. Again all this new nazism, antisemitism, antimuslim all of it is a psyop im telling you
>>
>>33648499
The world is a horrible place. It is ruled by religious fanatics with nukes.
>>
school OP...school
>>
>>33645855

Economics in one easy lesson by Henry Hazlitt is a must, then Wealth of Nations
>>
>>33648539
>Eurocentric.
>>
>>33645629
No, its better to channel surf between all the station, pick one topic, get et the slant from each station, cross reference the information, remove the biased slant and get a modicum of truth.
>>
>>33648455
>how pervasive and subtle such lines of thought are
Except rhetoric is not indicative of lines of thought. I believe you recognized in an earlier post that politicians greatly rely on rhetoric but you seem to forget that politicians regularly lie. Your approach functions upon a system that does not distinguish between the accurate and inaccurate as an indicator of "a line of thought."
>>
>>33648602
if it's not a relgion and not a race what the hell is a secular jew?
>>
>>33648402
bait but just in case OP or any other newfaggot is reading, Jared Diamond is a deceitful jew who knowingly misrepresents "evidence" in an attempt to explain away reality.

His book amounts to "you was just lucky, whitey"
>>
Learn about great European men like Constantine XI and Charlemagne
>>
>>33648709
>a race? a religion?
Jews are a race that worships itself religiously.
>>
>>33646231
>Those are a few basic principles that make up /pol/s ideology.

right now. but /pol/ is not a monolith and it's not a single person

as new info comes to light and arguments are laid out in threads, the board culture changes
>>
>>33648709
Its a jew that follows the basic teachings and participates in some holidays but for the most part is non observant..

I dont know why many like to claim its a race its not
>>
>>33645299

Read books to start with. History, classic literature, philosophy. This will help you to sort out, sift through, categorize, and grasp meanings.

You'll figure the rest out yourself from there.
>>
>>33646225

It's hard to identify a source that's BS without already having a solid background in the field, but basically the way to do it is think about a sentence you just read and whether it sounds like a statement of fact (in 600-whatever, the Arabs began to invade the eastern Roman Empire) or of opinion (the Arabs invaded the eastern Roman Empire because they were oppressed minorities who wanted to culturally enrich the racist Romans).
For history, reading older books is better (pre-1990) to avoid bs opinion/indoctrination. The Victorians and Edwardians were based, and wrote some awesome stuff
>>
>>33648820

PS) OP, don't take book recommendations from these idiots. It will turn you into a conspiritarded dullard. There are a lot of stupid people here.
>>
>>33648813
i understand it's not technically a race, but they consider themselves one group whether they are atheist or full on orthodox.

for all intense and purposes it's a race.
>>
>>33648674

all politicians lie and the lies tell more than the truths do because they show what hey want you to think rather than what really is, you dont need to make a distinction at the time, thats where fact checking and logic comes in for the observer, all that matters is the pervasiveness and cleverness of the person speaking to appear to be graceful even if in reality their tapdancing on graves.

im not saying that isocrates is tapdancing on grace, but if your going to make a pervasive argument, you would be hard pressed to find a better place to start.
>>
>>33646305

If you want to see where a lot of ebil rayciss ideas came from, you can download Madison Grant's passing of the great race on PDF and anything written by the hilariously-named Carlton Coon
>>
>>33648967
>all politicians lie and the lies tell more than the truths do because they show what hey want you to think rather than what really is
Except you have no functional means of distinguishing when a politician is lying or when they are telling the truth. Am I to understand that you function under the misconception that politicians never tell the truth?

>thats where fact checking and logic comes in for the observer
Let me see if I understand you correctly. Rhetoric is meaningless in the face of empiric facts? You've been wasting both of our time lying your ass off?
>>
>>33648093
>which he defines as a “Mars/Mars” attraction between two men, from the label “gay” which, Donovan claims, is inseparable from connotations of effeminacy and “a whole cultural and a political movement that promotes anti-male feminism, victim mentality, and leftist politics.”

Seems like an okay guy to me anyway.
>>
Go to Stormfront. On /pol/ you would probably absorb as much from the shitposting as from the real posts.

Also read various news sources, only one would only make you think what you want to think. You should be skeptical of everything, especially when it's from media owned by a jew. Reading on different places will help you be skeptical and not fall for the simplest propaganda.
>>
>>33649102
>Stormfront.
>Stormhoneypot.
>>
>>33646841

They lean left, but at least try to be logically consistent/semi-objective. Unlike, say, MSNBC, which is like if Fox News was owned and operated by transsexual lesbians
>>
>>33649102
>go to stormfront
fuck off
>>
OP here.

Just letting everyone know that I'm still in here and reading all the posts, taking notes and highlights so I can set up how I'll begin my research.

Thank you to everyone who has given me advice and guidance. Please continue if you have anything else important that I should know or look into.
>>
>>33646975

This, especially if you bother to read the flavor text in games like age of enpires, civilization, and the total war series. I would highly recommend the total war series, because unlike the other two, it is fairly dedicated to simulating a certain period of history. It also has fairly extensive encyclopedia entries for units and buildings. Rome TW and Empire TW are good about this, I can't vouch for RTW2 because I haven't played it. Age of Mythology also had very extensive "encyclopedia" entries that are as good an intro to Greek/Egyptian/Norse mythology as anything.

These games can get you started in a certain direction of study, and then you can go to Wikipedia to learn more, and then buy books when you run into something you really want to know more about on which Wikipedia doesn't go into enough detail
>>
File: 1395334209086.jpg (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1395334209086.jpg
126KB, 500x500px
>>33649299
>>>/synagogue/
>>
>>33645833
Read "The Origin of Species" by C. Darwin. To understand society you first have to understand nature.
>>
>>33645299

in all honesty leave this board. red pill life fucking sucks and i wish i could go back to blue pillin n chillin.
>>
>>33648871
>For history, reading older books is better (pre-1990)

I prefer pre 1960 myself. Occasionally a little later. For example:

http://www.amazon.com/History-Conquest-Mexico-Peru/dp/0815410042

I wanted to know something about it, but I didn't want a lunatic's perspective. Back to the 19th century then.

Or,

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/774046.Hannibal

Back to the 19th century again and authored by an ex-calvary officer in the civil war. I wanted to learn about the Punic Wars without all the post racial 21st century cant.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cant

Etc.
>>
>Go to startpage.com
>Type in "international jewish conspiracy"
>View results through a proxy
>>
>>33649299
Many people on /pol/ have fallen for memes and shitposting and now believe those things for real. Strormfront is the onlt good place.

I encouraged him to look at various different places to not only get one sides propaganda, if he doesn't go to a nationalist site he will only get one sides propaganda when it comes to race and jews.
>>
I watch youtube videos and read articles at infowars.com, rense.com and beforeitsnews.com
>>
>>33649412

>Rome TW

Germania troops march in a spear phalanx formation and also have a unit of hatchet women, and Britannia troops throw human heads covered in quicklime as weapons. Urban cohort is also one of the best infantry units in the game even though in real life they were little more than night watchmen and firefighters. The game also had some Roman ninja units (the guys were actually dressed like ninjas) that I think were supposed to be frumentarii.
>>
>>33649382

OP, please don't read any of the revisionist jew-hate recommended here until you are grounded in the classics and history. You will be doing yourself a huge disservice.
>>
>>33647055

Some books from my shelf:
Suicide of the West by Richard Koch and Chris Smith
The Abolition of Britain by Peter Hitchens
Co-Ed Combat by Kingsley Brown
>>
Read bro.

I think the best directions I could point you in would be to read about; peak oil and the kybalion.

My best advice for you is something i learned the hard way. There is no religion, red pill, book or mantra that will enlighten you to the fullest. The real way for advancement the real pill is to monitor your own thoughts and environment. Ask yourself why you think the way you do, what and how do the things around influence your perception and thoughts. Your subconscious is very big and holds many things you don't understand right now. To dig those up and actually understand and not just know how you work is the real pill.
>>
/pol/ is the smartest board :-')
>>
>>33645299
Well if you weren't a degenerate you would have at least started reading all this shit at age 12-14 so you should have at least half a decade of reading done. Add that and that the average age on /pol/ is 26 and you can figure it out how we know more.
>>
>>33649846
Would you reccomend he doesn't read anything until he has classics and history?
Otherwise he would read all the cultural marxist propaganda and anti-white shit and that would be worse than reading about the jew while unprepared.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
>>33645299
Ayn Rand.
>>
>>33645299
>What I'd like to know is how.
We have spent a lot of time researching the world.

This board didn't come together by accident... anons who were already neck-deep in geopolitics came here to collaborate.

You have to go out and search for knowledge, it is the only way. Rely on yourself and your own ability to find the truth and filter out the lies.
>>
>>33649585
>Many people on /pol/ have fallen for memes and shitposting and now believe those things for real. Strormfront is the onlt good place.

Don't end up like this guy, OP.
>>
>>33647387

Lol they censor vidya even more ruthlessly than ausfalia, they made everyone in TF2 a robot because it was too violent, and they turned the terrorists in C&C: Generals into a robot army
>>
>>33649913
Im 18,and I have read almost all of that shit.
>>
>>33647490

So many shill faggots in this thread trying to lead opie astray. It's disgusting
>>
File: 7910236958744185108.jpg (211KB, 689x803px) Image search: [Google]
7910236958744185108.jpg
211KB, 689x803px
>>33650046
>>
>>33649585
top kek
stormfront has always been mocked and hated because they neo nazi faggots not true National Socialists. Only because /pol/ hates nigger does not meant we dont admire and respect black folk out there. Same for Hispanics and Asians. Many /pol/acks are shitskins anyways but there still bros here, we are in this together
>>
>>33647936
Nero, please leave.
>>
>>33649925

If I were tudoring I wouldn't let him touch anything written after 1960 for awhile. Unless teh hobbit or something.
>>
>>33648331
dismissing a great man because a dyke on msnbc doesn't like him.
>>
>>33645299
You're only 19
that's a major reason you're blown away. You've only been "aware" of how big the world really is for a short time.

the average age of /pol/ is in their 30s. They have 15-20 years of being aware. We accumulate.

We listen to the radio talk shows
we read the headlines in news aggregators
we go to /pol/
we watch TV

Instead of spending all our free time partying, or playing games, etc, we do stuff to stay informed.

It'll make you disheartened sometimes, but you'll feel safe knowing that you know HOW you're being screwed
>>
>>33648357
>Keynesian economics=pants-on-head retarded

Ftfy
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 500x274px
Of Mice and Men, Atlas Shrugged, A Catcher in the Rye, The Bible, and Fight Club. In no order.
>>
>>33645578
>Public school doesn't teach shit

Holy shit this, towards the end of highschool they taught us 20th century history. When we got to the late 40's after WW2, they talked about the breton woods agreement and the whole thing was just this shitfest of sucking banker cock, about how ohh the gold standard didn't work, it's a good thing we went off of it, the banks saved us.

then I go read the actually history and find out gold is more stable than any other money system we've ever used and that the collapse of breton woods was directly caused by the federal reserve and that Nixon was a treasonous weasel.
>>
>>33645299
Read everything written by Thomas Sowell and David Horowitz.

>inb4 niggers and jews blah blah blah. Read it bitch.
>>
>>33648307
This this this this and this
>>
>>33648402

GG&S is a load of utter crap
>>
>>33645299

Read all the books you can get your hands on.
>>
>>33648602
>Judaism is a religion not a race.

Then why do they inherit Judaism only through the maternal line?
>>
>>33650277
niggers and jews blah blah blah.
>>
>>33646200
>Dawkins
>if you wanna read about religion and evolution
Could you be any more pleb?
Get an undergrad biology textbook, memorize that and then you can go looking through scientific journals.
Don't go into popsci shit, it's worse than ignorance.

Also lel'd on the topic of religion, Dawkins is the master of strawman and I seriously doubt if he's every even skimmed any apologetics.
>>
>>33648813

Because the Jews themselves claim it is a race, and because they're so inbred that you can actually detect a Jew genetically through haplogroup analysis
>>
>>33645299
srs books.

Books with only one Subject.

Exemple: Armored Thunderbolt: The U.S. Army Sherman

this book is about only the sherman.

it is so detail it is easy to make link with your other history book you will read.

The devil is in the Detail.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 225x225px
>>33649093
>"Mars/Mars" attraction
>>
Right off the top of my head...
For General Philosophy:
Kant, Wittgenstein, Hobbes

For Nazism:
Nietzsche and Heidegger

For Right Wing in general:
Plato, Peter Hitches, etc. You'll have to find your own based on your own definition of 'Right Wing'. i.e. whether or not you're a collectivist or an individualist

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY AWAY FROM-tier:
Ayn Rand, Max Stirner, Rousseau
>>
>>33648871
I'll back this up, on almost any subject you're better off with older texts to begin with. You can catch up with modern developments later but your base shouldn't have been written too recently because pandering to plebs has become the norm.

This is evident even in chemistry books, where the focus shifts from developing an inquisitive and analytical mind to simple rote memorization. Education has collapsed, so be wary of any book that simply tells you what to believe rather than convincing you with facts.
>>
>>33645299
I began to be interested in history and economics because of grandstrategy videogames.
It started with EU3 and it ended with victoria 2 gsgmod, genocide edition.
>>
>ITT people who claim to be political and historical scholars but don't know anything but 'muh jews' and are also not going anywhere in life
>>
>>33649829

Hurr durr some units were historically inaccurate. They had good encyclopedia entries and illustrate the basics of the roman geopolitical era (where was Rome, how did it operate, where was Carthage, what were the Gauls, what were the Parthians, etc.)

Obviously I'm not suggesting it as an intensive study of historical battlefield tactics. That said, I can't fathom how CA could be so good at pike formations in RTW and suck so bad at pile formations in MTW2.
>>
>>33645808
>>33646431
Don't listen to them. If you have the itch you'll never be able to ignore it.

Come down the rabbit hole with us anon.
>>
>>33645299
>Read a book
It's a well known fact that wealthier people or people who become wealthy read more. Better start.
>>
>>33650712
Nigga he's asking about knowledge in general, not just politics.
I don't know shit about politics and generally come here to shitpost and remove fedora but regardless of the topic you have to be careful about your sources.
>>
>>33650203

To be fair, I was debating theology and history on stormfront when I was 19. I started reading history voraciously by age 8 or so, but I was also a homeschooled shutin with nothing else to do
>>
12 years a slave
>>
>>33650906
So?
Just because you do something doesn't mean you do it well
>>
>>33650607

You can't really read Kant without reading his precursors, Descartes, Leibniz, and Hume at the bare minimum. Reading any philosopher without having read *all* of his predecessors going back to Ancient Greece is always going to be difficult, because they generally assumed you had read all of that when they were writing
>>
File: fredo543.jpg (15KB, 236x415px) Image search: [Google]
fredo543.jpg
15KB, 236x415px
>>33645299

alex jones, rush limbaugh, FOX News , natch
>>
>>33649903
/lit/ is the smartest board - fact
>>
>>33650712

You just can't accept that anyone on earth could both be well-read and disagree with your political orthodoxy of choice.
>>
>>33650962
>dat inferiority complex
>>
>>33650962
But not doing it at all guarantees you do it poorly.
>>
>>33649088

the point of a politician is persuasion the only time they do tell the truth is when it serves their interest, but more often then not they would just as soon spin or out right lie to meet their intent, truth hold no relivance to them other than to serve their interest.

it is the job of the observer to seperate out what the person says, knowing that everything they said was said more often then not to serve their own interest.

sure their are a few honest politicians, but they are rare, most are not and you should presume all of them are lying until that one individual can establish their credibility and respectable reputation.
>>
>>33650712
>no one can build a logical basis for right-wing collectivism
See Plato

>no one can hurt my feelings
See the door out
>>
>>33645465
this x1000

take your virgin mind and leave, it's in your own best interest
>>
>>33651098
/lit/ is literally (lel) the worst board on 4chan, unwarranted self-importance masking what I can only assume is deep insecurities.

Engaging in elitism on a gook imageboard is bitter irony at best.
>>
File: 1395870514690.png (692KB, 1036x860px) Image search: [Google]
1395870514690.png
692KB, 1036x860px
>>33651266
It's too late for him anon, he's here forever.
>>
>>33645299
Stick around. Pay attention. Maybe you could spend an infinite number of hours reading about the shit that interests you on the Internet.
Don't forget some of us are oldfags and we have been at this for years.
>>
>>33645833
For ancient celtic civilization : "a brief history of the celts" by peter berresford ellis,
it's a damn fine redpill on the propaganda machine of the so called glorious roman empire.
>>
>>33645299
Just shitpost with hubristic confidence like everyone else.
>>
>>33645299
>I'm a 19 year old American idiot who doesn't know shit about shit.
Your honesty inspires me to the same modesty anon.
>>
>>33651281

/lit/ is the only board relating to literature that I've been on where they just call each other stupid back and forth all day and barely have a thing to say about the books.
>>
I hope I wasn't the only one that started humming the rest of the lyrics to "American Idiot" after the beginning of OP's post
>>
Read a book, nigger
>>
It's mostly just general culture OP

Everyone knows a little bit of everything and so they can form an opinion.

Do the same, inform yourself a little bit from each known topic in existence
>>
Start university, unless you are american then hit the public library
>>
>>33651436
That or they agonize over all the Ayn Rand shitposting.
>>
>>33650190
What are you talking about? He is a fake conservative, what does that have to do with that dyke on MSNBC?
>>
File: 640px-Paris_2010_-_Le_Penseur.jpg (109KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Paris_2010_-_Le_Penseur.jpg
109KB, 640x960px
>Read thread
>Most posts are actually recommending important, influential or otherwise interesting works instead of MUH ZIONISM

I'm impressed, /pol/. Maybe there's hope for this board yet.
>>
>>33651901
American power hour

Yuros come in and shit up the board with their stormfag tier posting style and muh joos
>>
>>33651901

You can't understand muh Zionism unless you've read important, influential, and/or interesting works. Ignorance is the most powerful weapon in the arsenal of the Jew
>>
>>33651357

That image is great.
>>
>>33645465
No one can know what we know and fully retain their sanity. Run, OP
>>
>>33651207
>the point of a politician is persuasion the only time they do tell the truth is when it serves their interest
Which your approach has no way of distinguishing when that persuasion is based upon "what actually is" or not.

>it is the job of the observer to seperate out what the person says
Thank you for admitting that rhetoric is completely pointless and you've been wasting both of our times.
>>
>>33645299
Get a textbook (a good one!) on the history of your country.
Then get a textbook on the world history (at least the last 150 years).
Then get a textbook from economy 101.
Then you'll find out where to look.
Then you will be a pretty erudite person and be able to make your own opinion on current events.
>>
>>33650015
Don't end up like this guy, OP.
>>
>>33651357
I walked right out of that shitty libertarian door and right into the National Socialist one.
>>
File: history of warfare.jpg (89KB, 948x1462px) Image search: [Google]
history of warfare.jpg
89KB, 948x1462px
>>33645299

read this book OP. you'll be 10x smarter after you're done
>>
File: 1406504027209.png (77KB, 592x554px) Image search: [Google]
1406504027209.png
77KB, 592x554px
>>33645299
Don't get sucked into the bullshit ideological shit.

historyisaweapon dot org is where you're going to want to learn more about the people in your country. You've got Zinn's People's History of the States, Mark Twain's anti-imperialist essays, and some Huey Newton for your blues.

Bonus reading: They have an essay by General Smeadly Butler outlining how war is a racket to use national force to serve the banking elite. Though he dates back to the early 20th century, he predicts the institutional power and rise of the military-industrial complex by decades.
>>
>Entry tier
School books, pre university books, 1984, brave new world, animal farm, National epics, Lord of the rings trilogy and ramdom shit novels that attract you.

After you learn how to read you then proceed on more specific things like the small version of the capital, the doctrine of fascism, mein kampf, atlas shrugged, the shock doctrine, the small version of Wealth of Nations and such.
>>
>>33652374
>From one idealistic rhetorical bullcrap to another

You have much more to learn, bluepill
>>
>>33645465
>Telling newfriends to leave
It's like you want to world to destroy itself. The more people who know better, the better off we are.
>>
>>33648402
this book sucks. complete sjw egalitarian propaganda nonsense. If you can't see the author's agenda and very obvious willful blindness then you are a blue pilled pleb.
>>
File: 1328222125793.jpg (164KB, 425x567px) Image search: [Google]
1328222125793.jpg
164KB, 425x567px
>>33645299
Hi newfag.

>>>/b/
Come back in a year or two when it has desensitized you a bit.
>>
>>33652673
>using newfag unironicly

Fuck off back to /b/ newkiddie
>>
Posting the reactionary motherlode, prepare your anus, op

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2OOm3YHr1WIRklHd1U2R3RNeVE&usp=sharing
>>
>>33648957
there are stupid people here, but you'd be even more ignorant not to believe in conspiracies.
>>
>>33652728
shut up summerfag
>>
>>33648402
Then how did uncivilized Asia succeed instead of Afreaka?

Atheists: 1

Niggerlovers: 0
>>
>>33645299
Well it's what interests me and I'm passionate about.

You read and do some research wherever you can. The internet has no limits too. Sometimes you'll learn something you didn't know in class

I didn't have a good grasp on these things and start forming my own conclusions until I was 20 anyway
>>
>>33649479
Descent of Man is more of an eye opener for people who aren't plebs and already understand the concept of natural selection
>>
Why is everyone 19 on every single board? I turn 20 soon, do people just leave then?
>>
File: telling lies.jpg (96KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
telling lies.jpg
96KB, 453x576px
>>33652900
>everyone is 19 on every board
>>
>>33652438
>Howard zinn
It was ok. I appreciate him attacking liberal and democratic presidents along with the other side of the spectrum but it was only because they weren't liberal enough it seemed.

In the later chapters he really had a hard on for social programs and that type of stuff and I started to really dislike the guy. I can't take appeals to emotion seriously so I didn't take him seriously
>>
>>33645299
>JIDF
>RIDF
>MIDF
>muh childrun, muh holohoax
>niggers niggers niggers
>Amerifats are stupid
>Europoors
>Womyn are not human
>Terror Terror muslims rape rape
>tips fedora
>tips bible
>white are the master race
>the jews did it
>muh shariah zones
>IDS HABBENING
>ayy lmao

How fucking idiot you are for thinking people actually have extensive arguments on this board.
>>
>>33653057
lurk moar
>>
>>33646494
You're just a history plebeian
>>
I'll never need to work a day in my life.

So I've spent my time sating my curiosity.
Undergraduate degrees are fun.
I'm at my 5th university, 16th year now.
Degrees so far: philosophy, anthropology, macroeconomics, some medicine and currently working on energy engineering.

And I'm also somewhat of a current events junkie.
>>
>>33645299
Look for a documentary called "The money masters". It is very dry but very informative and is way better than all years of public schooling
>>
>>33645299
Here's how I did it.
Remember those school textbooks on History or science or whatever?
Remember how in this huge thick book only about 30% of the material was covered?

I read those in my free time. When I ran out, I read the textbooks of other courses in my school. And when I ran out of those, I found stuff in the library, and went online.

But to start you off:
http://humanknowledge.net/
>>
>>33653057
ayy lmao
>>
>white nationalists are fucking inbred retarded neo-nazis
This is the opinion he would get on /pol/
>>
>>33646475
Primitive. Simple-minded. Inarticulate riffing on 'Fight Club'-esque themes without the philosophical gravitas. Reactionary and dangerous right-wing political rhetoric. This is not a good book. Not even close.
>>
>>33652900
As you grown up you tend to fuck off and stop making shit threads
>>
>>33652474
I am not ideological or attached to ideas, which is why I am in the Third Position in the first place. The Third Position is the Synthesis of capitalism and communism. They argued, and the result was the perfect system, taking the best from both sides. Of course as a thesis, Fascism also has its anti-thesis, and eventually, another new system will be born, the best of fascism and its opponent combined into one system, which I will adhere to when the time comes.

So you can go fuck yourself nigger.
>>
And you think this is the place to learn? You stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>33653623
>dangerous
Don't use this word anon, it makes you look like a fool.
It might be a shit book, I've never read it, but don't say it's "dangerous" because that's a sure-fire way to promote it.
>>
>>33649479

genetics didn't exist back then and evolutionary theory has improved hugely.

these are some better pop science books.

moral animal
the red queen
selfish gene

if you want more specific to humans and less about how birds have leks then read this:

evolution of human sexuality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evolution_of_Human_Sexuality
>>
>>33650276
Every country in the world asked for their gold, but the US printed more money then they had gold.
If Nixon did not remove the gold standard and people kept asking for their gold. There would've been a point where the US did not have any gold at all while countries were still asking for their gold.
If that happened, the world economy would've collapsed since the dollar was and still is the worlds main currency.

It was a very smart move, but he only delayed the inevitible. We all know that the dollar will collapse soon and it'll hit the world hard.
>>
>>33656583
Speaking of wich.

Got some good YT material. It's a 5 episode series about money and currency. It's very informative.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE88E9ICdipidHkTehs1VbFzgwrq1jkUJ

Enjoy!
>>
>>33646774
This anon is right. I can confirm, as a player of AoE 2 for 8 years now.
>>
>>33645299
>Murrican wondering why he is a retard
Protip: the answer to your question is your nationality.
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-08-06-00-27-57.png (146KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-08-06-00-27-57.png
146KB, 540x960px
Infowars.com for every little bit of in go you'll ever need about life
>>
>>33645299
Damn, I go down to NM to mine gold, check into /pol/, and nothing is different.
Damn.
>>
>>33657827
>Infowars.com for every little bit of Active Measures you'll ever need to be a pawn
Fixed
>>
>>33645299
EVER HEARD OF BOOKS?
>>
>>33647055

http://www.prometheism.net/library/CultureOfCritique.pdf

More or less covers the basics about the Jew and his contribution to the destruction of western civilization.
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.