[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for NYC /pol/tards What's your honest opinion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

Question for NYC /pol/tards

What's your honest opinion about a french guy coming to NY for the first time and planning to stay there ?
24 yo, creative profil, work mostly on computer, video/photographer professionnel level.

I'm poor as fuck and plan on getting a job at some restaurant and see how stuff goes on.

I know it's going to be hard but is it impossible to find a place to sleep for cheap ?

More questions coming in if interest shown
>>
>>134559518
bump niggers
>>
The PROS: Because of your looks and especially the allure of your accent, males, females, homos, heteros, bis, and tans will be attracted to you. You will get a job fast Plus many, many, MANY sexual advances.
The CONS: Because of your looks and especially the allure of your accent, males, females, homos, heteros, bis, and tans will be attracted to you. You will get a job fast Plus many, many, MANY sexual advances. In addition, rent for a tiny shitty apartment in an unsafe neighborhood can cost you $3K a month, utilities NOT included.
SUGGESTION: Investigate jobs and living arrangements in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania region. It's an area that's really growing, has decent affordable housing and is close enough to NYC for day trips, but far enough away to not be tainted by the filth.
>>
*trans
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehigh_Valley
>>
>>134559518
>I'm poor as fuck and plan on getting a job at some restaurant and see how stuff goes on.
>I know it's going to be hard but is it impossible to find a place to sleep for cheap ?
pick a different city if you don't have opportunities lined up in NYC. it's so insanely expensive that you'd have to be actually stupid to choose to live there. consider, idk, philadelphia or maybe charlseston or even the bay area. oakland isn't insanely expensive and the food scene here is world-class and easy to get into. best to travel a bit ASAP after you get here, take a train trip across the country or a roadtrip up either coast or something, so you get a sense of where you want to settle. this country is insanely diverse.
>>
Cant be done, so stay out you french commie.
>>
>>134559518
do you have an income? You could probably get a nice place under a bridge or in a broom closet on the subway platform for $450 a month
>>
File: 1490918847728.png (148KB, 330x397px) Image search: [Google]
1490918847728.png
148KB, 330x397px
>>134561749
>SUGGESTION: Investigate jobs and living arrangements in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania region.
>>
You can find a place to stay that's more reasonably priced if you stay in less trendy areas of Brooklyn. Are you comfortable paying 1500 a month for rent for a studio? Do you have work lined up? I live here so I can answer any questions you have
>>
>>134559518
>24 yo, creative profil, work mostly on computer, video/photographer professionnel level.
You sound like a generic hipster, might want to check out brooklyn
>>
>>134559518
where are you going to stay without money ?
>>
File: shrug meme.jpg (37KB, 750x560px) Image search: [Google]
shrug meme.jpg
37KB, 750x560px
>>134562891
Kek, just trying to help a young frog.
>>
That feel when living in a cosy, white upper middle class NYC neighbourhood
>>
>>134563097
Less trendy areas of Brooklyn spells very high crime.
>>
>>134563097
90 % of the French earn less than 1500 per month..
>>
>>134559518
Not politics.
>Also, try to AirBNB in Brownsville
>>
File: 1495757159768.jpg (749KB, 1925x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1495757159768.jpg
749KB, 1925x1444px
STAY THE FUCK OUT FROG
>>
>>134563097
how's the crown heights/prospect lefferts area along nostrand ave? obviously it's very black but how's the actual crime vs bars/coffeeshops? nypd map shows it being moderate to low crime, much lower than further east
>>
Also
>>>/trv/
>>>/int/
>>>/biz/
>>>/b/
>>134563804
The worst neighborhoods in Brooklyn are lower crime than places like Camden.
>>
>>134563740
hudson heights?
>>
>>134559518
Jew York sucks and any European going there is a confirmed leftard hipster faggot
>>
>>134559518
nyc sucks dick. lived here for 5 years and its gay as fuck. leaving this month to go to a paradise of wealth and class. the girls are mostly gross liberal whores and they all smell like shit.
>>
>>134564166
True, but ARE there actually any places worse than Camden?
>>
>>134564144
That includes White hipster areas and Black slums. Generally speaking crime is low; your major problems will be rent, finding decent roommates, and vermin.
>>
>>134563740
Dyker Heights fag pls go
>>
>>134564144
kikes and nigs

try south shore staten island for some real old-time new york
>>
>>134564348
chester is probably slightly worse desu
>>
>>134561749
Driving on 80 through the Leigh tunnel I never once tought to myself... Hmm this is up an coming metropolis.

Froggy would be better off in North Jersey.
>>
You're pretty much gonna have to live in the Bronx if you want to rent for cheap. Could be tough since you have no friends to trust as roomates.
>>
>>134564495
>>134564181
Malba, Queens. I can stroll around my neighbourhood and it's like stepping into the past, whites everywhere
>>
I am telling you, kid, and only because you're a young white frog >>>>>>>>>> THINK 80-100 miles WEST of NYC and 70-80 miles north of Philly. Save yourself.
>>
>fag work
>fag look
>le rêve américain :DDD
Please go
>>
>>134564858
Was thinking more the ABE area. But yea, that Lehigh tunnel is spooky.
>>
>>134559518
go to fucking Montreal Jacques.. or Ahmed judging from that picture

>guy suggesting Lehigh

what the utter fuck?
>>
>>134559518
$2500 is a cheap place to stay. Your salary will hover around $8/h. Do the math.
>>
>>134564970
are you trying to lure him over to fuck him or something? what's your angle?
>>
>>134559518
You'd probably be better off going to a state in the Southeast.
>>
Oh yea, fuck a frog. That'd be a whole new experience.
>>
>>134559518
There are affordable neighborhoods that aren't ghetto as fuck but are less hip. South and southwest Brooklyn and parts of Queens are nice and affordable. Stay away from the Bronx and most parts of north Manhattan. They're alright to visit and they're affordable, but you don't want niggers keeping you up all night while you try to sleep. Bushwick is becoming affordable but again, do you wanna deal with niggers all day? I used to live in those type of places and dealing with them day in and day out in every scenario is too stressful. There are parts of uptown Manhattan that are alright and affordable but I wouldn't know.
>>
>>134564934
Certain neighborhoods in this city are amazing for that.
>>
>>134565592
ok thanks for confirming that

>>134565650
he honestly should go to Philly really, it's cheaper and he could work as a waiter in some faggot restaurant and make more
>>
File: I Wonder...jpg (51KB, 851x314px) Image search: [Google]
I Wonder...jpg
51KB, 851x314px
>>134565921
Kek, do frogs even actually fuck? Yea, Philly would be more do-able than NYC.
>>
>>134559518
NYC sucks. It's not the same place it used to be and just feels like the ghost of a city that used to be great. Cost of living is insanely high, it's full of liberal dickheads, and without having something already lined up it's going to be extremely difficult.

If you're set on NYC then find a place outside and commute to the city. PA is great.
>>
File: French 8.png (364KB, 758x1172px) Image search: [Google]
French 8.png
364KB, 758x1172px
>>134559518
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.