[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you coordinate the colours of your gear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: Word-Head-Toque-Hylidae-Rohdei.png (373KB, 450x625px) Image search: [Google]
Word-Head-Toque-Hylidae-Rohdei.png
373KB, 450x625px
Climber here.
I like having an aesthetically uniform rack and outfit. It also helps me recognise my gear when out with others.

It started out with my first harness, which was coincidentally green/gray and things moved on from there. Soon my tuber, quicksdraws, jacket etc. followed.
The toque was the last addition.

Do you do match your gear in terms of colour?
Why do you do it?
How did it start?

My next pack is probably going to be a green Osprey Aether AG 60. I have been waiting for the AG to make it to the Aether line. Any experiences?
>>
I'm usually as colourful as a parrot, I get my gear from all over the place and I really don't care how it looks, so nothing really matches.

My biners are different colours because I use them for differnt things, so I know which one is for what with one glance.
>>
the only things that i have that are intentionally coordinated are my cam/biner pairs (i.e. red cam has red biner, yellow cam has yellow biner, etc), so i can grab the right size off my harness more easily.
>>
I don't particularly color match because I'm not a /fa/ggot but I do stick to earth tones like dark green, brown, tan, grey and black as much as possible. Really dislike these bright oranges, reds and yellows that seem to dominate outdoor gear. I do, however, have a bright orange beanie in my pack just in case the unfortunate happens and I need to be seen from a distance.

As for the Aether AG, I used to own the Atmos and Manta AG and they both squeaked like a motherfucker because of the AG system. You might have better luck but I think it's down to the design and material used.
>>
I go with one colour per brand
Dark colours, as intense bright colours scare the fishies
>>
>using bright colors
>ever
How much of a faggot are you cunts?
>>
>>22529
All my cycling/hiking gear is a combination of blue, orange and red (even my socks and bottle). Didn't do it on purpose, but once you get a colour scheme going you just kinda stick with it.
>>
>>22534
Keep your ham planet ass in the van, fag.
>>
>>22536
>dresses like a flamboyant queer
>gets mad when called out
Try here for better results >>>/lgbt/
>>
>>22537
>is a ham planet
>gets mad when called out
try here for better results >>>/r9k/
>>
My gear is mostly blue/ gray, and brown. I bought for price and not looks, so it wasn't intentional.
>>
Dark'n'muted all day baby, and I'll go a bit out of my way to minimize visible branding. Bright stuff stays in the pack, as >>22532 described.
>>
>>22529
I only wear od and brown because i camp illegally on private property
>>
>>22541
I'm moving towards this, too. But I always bring at least something like my raincover with bright colours in case shtf.
>>
>>22529
Climber here too, I don't intentionally try to coordinate colors but if what I'm buying is on sale and in a similar color I'll go with the match. Although I'd venture it's more that I just like the color green.

I also started with a grey/green harness and my rock shoes happened to be green too. My belay parka I chose intentionally to match.
>>
File: benicio.jpg (2MB, 1188x1772px) Image search: [Google]
benicio.jpg
2MB, 1188x1772px
>>22542
>>
File: 1459633582335.jpg (987KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1459633582335.jpg
987KB, 2048x1365px
>>22531
>>22530
Does not coordinating actually save substantial amounts of money?
I tend to go for cheaper/sale finds for quite a bit of my stuff, but am still able to somewhat match the colours.

Of course cams won't be uniform in colour that would just be counterproductive. Especially for a sports climber like myself. Pums wait for no one.

>>22532
I very much get this. My daily warderobe is slightly orientated toward earthtones.
But retrospectively i came to the conclusion that for /out/side activities and sport, some brighter colours can be a nice change of pace.

I have heard that about the AG line. I just hope that they ironed that out when they equipped their entire line with it.

>>22533
Interesting approach.
In my experience some brands so that better than others. Arc'teryx matches all their stuff. While MountainHardwear is more 'unfocused'.

>>22541
How does this help?

>>22543
Same here, mate.
My actual personal favourite colour is (light) blue and i may integrate that into my line up as i go forward.

In my exp. climbingshoes are quite hard to coordinate as most manufacturers only make specific models in specific colours.
>looking at LaSportiva Miura.
In which case i'll obviously go for the model not the colour.

Green gives me the feeling i am blending into the environment. Which i like.
>>
File: wot.jpg (10KB, 220x176px) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
10KB, 220x176px
>>22545
>how does blending in to the environment help while trespassing?
>>
File: edited.jpg (2MB, 3260x1705px) Image search: [Google]
edited.jpg
2MB, 3260x1705px
>>22529
pretty much like >>22532 dark & lite earth tones, dark greens, Gray, olive, beige, with aggressive /unnatural colors i try to go the ones that blend in better like wine, spring / lemon green.

but i always have at least one inner layer or gear piece (poncho, tarp) that has a bright signal color, like yellow, orange, red, turquoise.

used to like gray orange but bear grills killed that, so i go for gray green atm
>>
File: 20170125_214658-picsay.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20170125_214658-picsay.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
If the gear in buying has a color choice, I go with green or black.

I started with a black hammock and tarp, and had a black pack.

My top quilt and under quilt are both from Jacks R Better, which are made in green.

Since then I kinda just buy things that are black or green. When I wanted trekking poles, they just happened to be green.
>>
>>22546
As long as you do not go full out >>22544, crawling on the floor, i'd not assume that wearing some more lively shades of colour will hugely affect your actual visibility when there are cameras and people nearby.
>>
File: DSC05968.jpg (2MB, 3820x2145px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05968.jpg
2MB, 3820x2145px
>>22549
Actually it does, all I have to hide from are passerbys and ranger. If you have an orange tent for example, at night if a light shines on it even for a secong you can see it at a glance between branches and trees.

A green one is just dark like my surroundings. Of course I'd never go full retard like >>22544 but here in Germany/Austria a lot of people pass by and it might save me some fines.

Pic is at a hut where I asked if I can stay, but you get the idea
>>
>>22545
not a lot, I rather just don't care. So even if it just saves me a few bucks, thats worth it for me, as I'm still poor af as a student
>>
>>22550
Sounds like you're homeless. Just the Pro edition.
If go this far to hide your presence why not buy a LEAF vegitation cover for your tent?
Not expensive and very effective.
>>
>>22552
>buying brown, green, black gear means I'm going "this" far
>means I'm homeless
what are you on mate?

I don't wanna carry that for multiple days, it looks retarded and if someone finds me they sure as hell think I'm up to something.
This is europe not some wannabe operator shit, camping is just illegal here, so I have to hide when I do it
>>
Black, because I like to be alone and where I normally go I don't wish to be seen. Often illegally camp.
>>
Having all of your gear the same color is a major pain when digging into the bowels of a 65 liter pack, especially at night with headlamps. I do the opposite of OP - buy specifically colors I don't already have. Nothing really aesthetic about it, my partners and I end up looking like dayglo jumpsuit men. When I'm /out/ I'm all about function, not /fa/.
>>
>>22534
The only reason I have bright colors are because they were on discount compared to their more neutral counterparts. I dont mind rocking it if I can snag it for a fraction of the price

>fite me faggit
>>
Most of my climbing gear tends to be in the orange/red hues. It just happened and when my rack got large enough by the time I noticed, I just continued the trend. Looks alright.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.