[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Too Weak to Pack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 61

I mean seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you people? Every day on here I see pansy ass faggots recommending glorified garbage bags and NO TOOLS because they're too weak to pack. Your Ancestors carried gear far heavier than anything we carry today, and you can't even carry a fifth of that! That's not what camping is about assholes, you all sticklings propagating this trash need to go back to >>/v/ and play hiking sims
>>
>>998083
Luddite.
>>
>>998083
>Packs unnecessary/overly heavy things because i can
Why?
>>
>>998083

>air conditioning
>heating
>not having to walk a minimum of 20 miles daily
>not having to work a minimum of 12 hours daily of hard manual labor with no machinery
>not being fully expected to do this
>not knowing 10 people that have died from hardship by age 12
>absurd levels of stimulus via modern lifestyle

There is a very clear reason why ultralight backpacking is so popular as opposed to bushcrafting.

Carrying an 80lb pack for 30 miles per day should be pretty simple for even a 150lb skinny guy, however we live in a world made out of cupcakes and rainbows.

I grew up poor and continue to believe that's the only reason that I can do what you talk about, and trust me, nobody on /out/ will ever believe you.

The people that are tough the way you describe still exist, but you'll find most of them deep in rural parts or in the military. I knew a guy that would do 20 mile ruck marches with 140lbs on his back, while the rest of his unit was training the same distance with 90lbs.

Humans scale from 900lb bed ridden monsters all the way to skinny africans that can endurance hunt gazelle by outrunning them.

We just aren't in an appropriate time period, but, not to worry, you can still adapt but because your parents were probably in a weakened state you'll have a little more ground to cover than if you were born in 1785.

It is still do-able and having a stron back can only ever be a good thing. You will literally frighten normal city folk by just being near them. Trust me, they'll never fully grasp how hard of a motherfucker you are either. Though you should retain the opinion that what you do IS normal.
>>
>>998083
Most experts agree on a pacl being no more tham 1/3 you body weight. So even shitty shape 200 pound aduld shouldnt have over a 65 pound pack.

Im with u tho. Even being crippled i like having more amd better shit to play with
>>
>>998099
The problem with the thought process of these experts is it's not about having that .0001% successful margin. It just isn't. Most things in life arent about that, but you can find endless experts for any subject that disagree.

This is an anecdotal example, I go running in 10lb forest fire boots and heavy blue jeans. I run with friends who all wear proper running attire. We all run the same pace. We do a few miles around a 6 minute pace. The thing is, any time I put on my running shoes and a pair of shorts I absolutely smoke them. I start getting near 5 minutes flat on my mile. Sure it's hard, people would call it dumb. But wearing boots and jeans every day of my life and doing hard things while wearing them absolutely puts me far ahead of basically anybody that isn't a gifted athlete.

I don't even understand why people would practice things with the most efficient and easiest stuff. All you've done is create a factor that you can't improve on. All I have to do it switch shoes and it's a new ball game. I like that.
>>
>>998083
I don't know who the guy in the pic is but can anyone provide a textual description of his pack?
>>
>>998083
My ancestors also had an average life span of 40 years old. I don't carry excessive weight because of two reasons. First I like to enjoy my time out and since I'm not one of you that intentionally hurts themselves I like to keep things simple. Second I'm not so full of machismo that I have to prove myself to everyone I meet. If you want to play pack mule and carry the cast iron Dutch oven more power to you. Me, I'm happy with my bivy and a whisper lite stove. Go be Captian Caveman but don't look down on those of us who can go out with a fixed blade and a flint and be completely comfortable
>>
>>998162
Stop projecting. Believe it or not, people can enjoy themselves in many various ways. This is absolutely one of those ways.

Sorry that heavy things = bad and scary to you, honestly without pansies on /out/ to tell me things were heavy I wouldnt have ever known

I wouldnt ever want to have your life.
>>
>>998089
>we live in a world made out of cupcakes and rainbows.

Western white pig spotted.
>>
File: Otzi.png (168KB, 303x437px) Image search: [Google]
Otzi.png
168KB, 303x437px
>>998089
>ultralight backpacking is more popular than bushcrafting

lol. Don't pretend you bushy cucks aren't just as much a meme as the featherweight fags. Maybe to you it seems like ultralight is more popular because they tend to enjoy hiking as opposed to you muh leather muh canvas muh big steel tools types.

>>998083
Why the fuck do you need all those tools? Humans as a species carried very little for a very long time. I think the real question you should ask yourself is why are you such a little pussy cuck you need to have a million things to feel safe and comfy in the big scary outdoors.

>>998105
I'm absolutely sure you totally go running in boots and jeans. I'm so fucking sure. I'm so glad that you got up, hopped on your little computer and started lying to strangers over the internet. If you're looking for good boy points go ask your mom.
>>
OP's gonna have a record (You) harvest this spring!
>>
File: confederate-prisoners.jpg (182KB, 1000x922px) Image search: [Google]
confederate-prisoners.jpg
182KB, 1000x922px
>>998180
Oh check out these guys. Their 80lbs of heavy tools they never use in their big boy packs are sadly not in the picture.
>>
File: grandma gatewood.jpg (35KB, 414x425px) Image search: [Google]
grandma gatewood.jpg
35KB, 414x425px
>>998184
Look at this NOVICE. Who the fuck does she think she is? Who cares if she was the 6th person to thru hike the AT as a woman in the 50's. WHERE ARE HER 80lbs OF TOOLS??
>>
File: BlanketRoll.jpg (134KB, 896x656px) Image search: [Google]
BlanketRoll.jpg
134KB, 896x656px
>>998186
Oh shit. Look at this guy! Fuck him. Does he seriously think he can go to WAR with only that? What the FUCK is he THINKING??? He's definitely gonna need to get his 80lbs of tools ASAP. Before he dies of exposure.
>>
>>998141
Wilderness outfitters can. It's all pretty standard stuff. Rifle, shooting bag, firestarter pack, wool blanket, maybe a leather tarp. Hatchet, cooking utensils.
>>
File: adirondack-pack-basket.jpg (27KB, 499x445px) Image search: [Google]
adirondack-pack-basket.jpg
27KB, 499x445px
>>998189
80 L B S
B
S

T O O L S
O
O
L
S
>>
>>998162
Lifespan is 40 years because of infant mortality rates, people that made it beyond 6 years old regularly lived to be 65+ year old men.
>>
File: Ultralight.jpg (141KB, 1147x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ultralight.jpg
141KB, 1147x600px
>>998193
ahhh FINALLY! Now these goys are prepared. Look at all dem TOOLS.
>>
>>998189
I feel.the need to mention that you apparently don't understand how supply chains work. Not anyone in this thread just an observer.
>>
>>998200
but the TOOLS anon. WHERE ARE THE TOOLS? He's not prepared or a man because he ain't got 'em.
>>
>>998180
I'm not trying to fan boy about ultra light or bushcraft. Was simply drawing similarities. Dont be a cunt, cunt.

And yeah I do run in my fire boots and jeans. Be a hater, I prefer it. You are the exact /out/ personality I was describing by the way.

I happen to have a personal belief that if I can't survive solo in the woods off of nothing but my surroundings then I havent warranted my right to live. Thats my belief. I dont push it on other people. However /out/ will be a total group of faggots to me for how I enjoy my life.

I have ultralight gear too, and I use it when I go camping with friends that arent into challenging themselves.

Not one fucking thing wrong with either, but I'm allowed to have my fucking ideal you fuckwagon.
>>
>>998201
>not having a suit of power armor that adds 1 meter to your height and can carry your fully loaded shipping container for 1000 miles with ease
Do you even fucking try?
>>
File: 465.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
465.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>998200
I was going to post this but decided not to since it would fall on deaf ears. Most of those images posted fall under that category. They are traveling from one stocked location to another instead of intentionally going into nowhere to camp. People who needed to stay out for long periods without support looked like this.
>>
File: 1492657540231.jpg (83KB, 570x567px) Image search: [Google]
1492657540231.jpg
83KB, 570x567px
>>998184
>confederate-prisoners.jpg
>allowed to have potential weapons
>>
File: tools goro.png (309KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
tools goro.png
309KB, 420x500px
DID SOMEBODY SAY 80 POUNDS OF TOOLS??!
>>
File: NARUTO.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NARUTO.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>998209
I'm so glad that you're so cool. How do you keep your fedora on when you're running so fast?
>>
>>998220
Yep. This poster is /out/ in a nutshell. Anybody with the capacity to leave their basement is a pro athlete or a liar to them.

You fucking loser.
>>
>>998083
obvious b8 is obvious but im still going to respond because people here actually think like this.

wanting a lighter load is not about being too weak. or being unable or saying "I cant". i am physically able to haul an 80lb load for an extended period. And the times ive done it it was required for the particular trip, like carrying climbing gear or going on a group trip with a required packing list. But when you are thru hiking in the lower states and there are towns within 2-3 days walk of each other the entire way, there is no NEED for an 80lb pack. especially when you dont have to cut down trees, or dig trenches or construct anything. its just walking through the woods on a well established trail not blazing a new frontier

Also "camping" as you call it and hiking/backpacking are different things. If the spot im gunna camp in is <2 miles from where i parked my car I have no qualms packing a 30 rack of beer, a huge tent, coleman propane stove, chair, table, kettle ect and enjoying myself. But when people set out to hike 2000+ mile trails, and have to bare the burden of everything they own the entire way its no wonder they dont want to minimize their load. You can cover more ground when youre lighter, burn fewer calories and its not nearly as hard on your joints and muscles. You might think your tough for thinking the way you do but really you are just ignorant.
>>
>>998220
OH GOSH IT'S REAL
http://www.wikihow.com/Run-Like-Naruto
>>
File: MOAR NARUTO.jpg (35KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
MOAR NARUTO.jpg
35KB, 728x546px
>>998225
Nope, just laughing my ass off. You're great dude.
>Post pics of yer boots n jeans!
>Post a webm of yew running in them.
>Tell us all more about your philosophy on the right to live!
>>
File: firemanboots.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
firemanboots.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>998234
sry anon- this goy is obviously a huge pussy b/c he's not running in his fireman boots. He definitely doesn't have a right to live anymore.
>>
People in the 19th and early 20th century didn't go /out/ with heavy gear because it made them feel strong and manly, they did it because it was the best gear available at the time

Just how Oetzi the ice man went /out/ with a backpack made of reeds and coat made of grass. That was the best gear that was available at the time.
>>
>>998213
yeah I'm sure Otzi was just on a stroll to the caveman 7-11 to pick up some wolly mammoth taquitos.
>>
>>998083
>our Ancestors carried gear far heavier than anything we carry today
Which ones?
The ones hundreds of years ago, maybe
The ones thousands of years ago, no

>>998089
>ultralight backpacking is so popular as opposed to bushcrafting
At least I see ultralightfags way out there
Bushfags I only see within a days walk of the trailhead

Both sides of this argument are stupid
If you want to bring shit /out/, go for it
If you don't, do that too
The only time I get mad at people for bringing too much shit is if they are in my group and they are slowing us down
>>
>>998238
>>998234
You know, you're just butthurt at this point.

What a reality it must be to create a cartoonish level of delusion in order to cope with others being tougher than you.

I'm not the only guy on my crew(just the only in my friend group, they dont fight fires... before your basement dwelling ass comments on that) that runs in boots. It really helps the cardio when you have to carry all that damn gear up a 30 degree slope.
>>
>>998225
ive ran 3 marathons and an iron man tri in the last 2 years. and I wore combat fatigues the for all of my races accept in the pool. I have also summited Everest without the use of oxygen and I hiked the continental divide from mexico to the yukon all while carrying a 100lb ruck. i also worked 3 seasons as a lumberjack and im 6'5 and 210 all muscle

jk i lied
>>
>>998242
I could imagine how inexperienced bushcrafters wouldnt go very deep in. They are more into practicing skills then practicing walking, lol.

However it's just supposed to be a preferred method of camping and backpacking, and it's never slowed me down at all, none of my friends either. We cover nice amounts of ground.

Basically, the core issue, like with many issues, is that any hobbies are comprised of 90% pansies and ultralighters spent so much damn money they walk way more than they even want to in order to make it feel worth it.

I thought it was normal to hike 30-40 miles per day with a 50lb pack until I came to /out/. Apparently it's not. But nobody told me, or any of my buddies that had been apparently pretty badass for a decade. One foot in front of the other little buddy.
>>
File: ConfederateSoldierLoadOut.jpg (78KB, 488x799px) Image search: [Google]
ConfederateSoldierLoadOut.jpg
78KB, 488x799px
>>998216
Right.

Bc they confiscated their 240lbs of tools bc they could be used like weapons?
>>
>>998243
i am fighting the urge to believe you are just a troll but my gut is telling me just how serious you are.

I wish my own self image was as good as youres, half the time im thinking suicide, meanwhile youre over here a true mans man and in love youself.

anyone know where i can get some fireboots?
>>
>>998245
Man you're a dick I was about to congratulate you then I realized you were just being another cunt that thinks walking up the stairs is hard

Why does 4chan even have an outdoors board

Youre all baby back bitches
>>
>>998254
If you live out west any boot store will have them. Be sure to get leather laces and take care of them. I'd go for a pair of whites. Make sure the soles are nailed in because the glue will melt if you use them for their intended purposes.

Other than that of youre out east youll probably need to buy them online.
>>
>>998255
just because someone isnt a lumberjack doesnt make them a pussy. and I actually have ran a half marathon, and im in the military (no not the air force) both those are not lies.

I was just trying to illustrate (successfully too i might add) that its extremely easy to come to the internet and lies. So you claim to be this big bad ass, which you very well may be. but theres no way to substantiate those claims to your entire point becomes moot
>>
>>998264
Hey man not everybody has to be a lumberjack. I am just specifically frustrated at how people refuse to believe anybody that operates above ramen noodles and minecraft.
>>
>>998264
>>998266
And one question about your last statement

Would a weak little pussy have to prove hes a weak little pussy to prove his point? Or is this just heavily biased?
>>
File: No Bewtz NARUTO.jpg (48KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
No Bewtz NARUTO.jpg
48KB, 728x546px
>>998243
I'm so butthurt! Your hilarious self-perception of how "tough" you are just get me so angry but I'm so terrified of getting hert by yew because you're such a manly man you could probly punch me through the computer.

Lol. You're young as fuck and such a compensating closet faggot.

But seriously. sry about posting more kewl running pics but without manly deserve to live fireman bewtz.

>Post pics of yer boots n jeans!
>Post a webm of yew running in them.
>Tell us all more about your philosophy on the right to live!
>>
Humans aren't built to carry massive loads. When people get out of the military they are usually inches shorter and their knees are fucked.
>>
>>998269
>>998243
How old ARE you? You need to be 18 at least to post here.

What do you do for a JOB?
>>
>>998269
Okay so, do you have an actual desire to have a real conversation with me? If so, please post in a more conversational format instead of this meme posting. I'll be happy to speak with you. My philosophy on my warrant to live is something I've always had even as a kid. Just the way I am.

>>998272
It does cause some levels of harm however the military does it very badly as in non-formal situations you can break when and wherever you want reducing the damage long ruck marches cause

>>998273
First poster isnt me, second one is. I'm 22. Have 10 years of being competant enough to survive alone in the woods, 4 years of hard manual labor in the PNW digging holes and 2 years fighting forest fires. As a teenager, I did ranch work with horses.
>>
>>998277
You spell like a 12 year old.
>>
File: pineapple.jpg (41KB, 749x512px) Image search: [Google]
pineapple.jpg
41KB, 749x512px
>>998278
He didn't spell anything wrong, comrade.
>>
>>998278
I'd like to correct you. I spell like I'm drunk as hell. I am.

Is spelling important to you babe? I'll try harder honey please don't leave me
>>
>>998285
>competant
>>
>>998290
Well, I stand corrected.
>>
>>998290
Oh goodness mercy me that mispelled word basically means I couldn't hope to do anything in life, you're right about everything Anon that mispelled word clearly means I'm a roleplaying 12 year old you sure got me oh yes you did

Have you left the basement in the past year? Or does your mother feel pride in her hot pocket deliveries?
>>
>>998277
SWEEEET. I don't want to have a conversation so much as I want you to tell me how AWESOME you are! When you cook spaghetti do you stir the pot with a knife? I STILL WANT TO SEE THE BOOTS YOU RUN IN. I THINK THAT'S SO FUCKING COOL.
>>
File: tabi.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tabi.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>998296
Not fireboots guy, but check out my weaboo shoes.
>>
>>998294
No it's just consistently shitty spelling eventually gets to me. It was easy to tell who's who in that shitty argument because you consistently spelled like you have downs. Those little red squigglies under your words mean they aren't actually words. You use English every day motherfucker. Learn to spell. I'm out.
>>
File: 20170421_184930.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170421_184930.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>998296
Well, I mean, I'm not trying to brag. Dont see why its such a problem for you little buddy. I run in these crappy danners that ill be replacing this summer for fire season(soon). Gonna finally get a good pair of whites.

Seriously, what is your issue with people living the life they wish to live? Is it only because you dont live that life? Or what?

Whats wrong anon? Is it trouble at home?
>>
>>998301
Hey fireboots cuck-san! Would these be acceptable running boots? Would we have a right to live if we ran in these?
>>
>>998253
did you miss >>998200
>>
>>998302
Yeah I am honestly drunker than a skunk bud. Sorry man.
>>
>>998304
Nope no trouble buddy! Just love how you know everything!

>Now let's see a video of you running in those! I can't WAIT to see those baby's go 10mph!!
>>
>>998308
>10 mph

I try to keep it at about 12 mph

But no man, stop being a dick. It really isn't worth it. Unless you intend to pay me why would I take the time to post of video of running? I trail run in those btw, not a treadmill or a road.

Come on guys. I'm asking nicely. Stop being dicks. Some people can operate things more than the TV remote. I'm not insulting anyone, I think it would be great if /out/ had a collective of knowledgable outdoorsmen.
>>
File: 12893465.gif (814KB, 436x326px) Image search: [Google]
12893465.gif
814KB, 436x326px
>this thread
>mfw
>>
File: bewts.png (804KB, 3555x2198px) Image search: [Google]
bewts.png
804KB, 3555x2198px
>>998311
I have nothing to do with this thread really, but I feel the need to apologize to you, fireboots anon. Sorry that people got salty. Here's a friendly meme to make up for all the angry neck-beards.
>>
>>998325
<3
>>
File: Furoshiki-vibram.jpg (269KB, 1500x714px) Image search: [Google]
Furoshiki-vibram.jpg
269KB, 1500x714px
>>998301
while nice i guess this pic related is the out version of weeb shit or ? vibram furoshiki-shoes
>>
File: 10046287.jpg (134KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
10046287.jpg
134KB, 640x640px
>>998335
LOOOOL those things are hideous.

>Mark my words. These shits are going to be the new "in" shoe. Like Toms and Uggs.
>>
File: joj.png (543KB, 990x552px) Image search: [Google]
joj.png
543KB, 990x552px
>>998353
Vibram isn't exactly renowned for aesthetics.
>>
OP must really be butthurt about using hiking gear from Goodwill. Just get a job and lurk for awhile you can figure out how to get some decent equipment and maybe you can do an overnighter
>>
>>998353
i can already smell them them being the new trend at standing rock this summer
>>
>>998359
Goodwill has the best cooking pans and bowls by far

Absolutely shits on REI times 10000
>>
>>998367
got my non sick aluminium 6" for 2.50. can confirm
>>
File: 240px-John_Muir_c1902.jpg (24KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
240px-John_Muir_c1902.jpg
24KB, 240x300px
this dude would carry crackers, some tea and that's about it. He'd go on hikes for days.
>>
>>998367
>>998371
>He can't afford mountain house

Laughinggirls.jpg
>>
>>998364
you wanna go in on some stock w/ me? Hipster/college bullshit is big money.
>>
File: Uggs.jpg (72KB, 615x446px) Image search: [Google]
Uggs.jpg
72KB, 615x446px
>>998357
lol. And Ugg boots and Toms were? Trendy fashion has nothing to do with looks. Lol,
>>
As long as this shitposting is going on, I'll contribute.

Here in the south, there are quite a few old fences around. Hand split wood, barb wire, the whole nine. In western NC, they used black locust for posts, cedar in the peidmont. Both of these woods are rot resistant, thus choice for putting in the ground, but that's beside the point.

What gets me is seeing a line of fence go up the side of a damn mountain. Knowing that a team of 12-16 year olds did this. Carrying the entire spool of barb wire with them, a band saw, some means to rip the ~8 foot locust poles. It's just mind blowing how much tougher these sons of bitches were. Some of these fences are still standing 80 years later. People today couldn't do the same job WITH a vehicle, chainsaw and wood splitter.
>>
>>998301
>tfw I'm in Japan and I see old Japanese construction workers legitimately wear these on the job
>>
>>998444
I legit have some of these and they are COMFY. They're nowhere near as safe as normal work boots, but the steel toe is all I'm ever thankful for anyhow, so they cut the mustard just fine.
>>
>>998451
Yes but can u do a 4 min mile in them???
>>
File: thatfeel.png (4KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel.png
4KB, 205x246px
>>998453
I can't do a 4 min mile in anything...
>>
>>998457
How about skydiving?
>>
>>998467
That's a bit of a jump in both the literal and figurative sense of the term.
>>
>>998087
Muh ancestors
>>
File: 1390944338607.gif (1MB, 300x278px) Image search: [Google]
1390944338607.gif
1MB, 300x278px
>>998180
>bushy cucks
>cucks

I dont think that word means what you think it means little buddy. Now how about you hop off the internet and finish your homework or you wont get enough good boy points to have chicken tendies tonight.
>>
i pack pretty heavy. and im like.. girly. so HA!
>>
>>998083
I pack your mom's pussy in my bag and she's 400 lbs fatgot.
>>
>>998552
>too limp to dick
>>
>>998301
these have a steel toe?
>>
>>998523
post feet pics
>>
>>998196
are those box fans
>>
>>998195
Half the autist twindlinds on this board are sub sixes.
>>
>>998490
So I take it you're a bushy cuck? It's ok, there is a path to recovery. Women are out of the question for you, so the traditional definition "cuckolded" is kinda a joke- is that what you were getting at? It's more like the vaguer feeling of getting cuckolded like when Mom brought over Tyrone last month and your dreams of fucking her were complicated.

Bushcrafters are fucking cucks because they watch youtube videos and read shity forum comments and then create this shitty little universe for yourselves where backpacks have to be full leather and knives need to be hammered into logs. Never mind that you can hardly shoulder that 80lbs pack, you tell yourself it's the way your x-amount of generations ancestor did it. Now pay close attention because this is where the cuckolding starts. You finally decide to take a break from your busy schedule of masturbating to MLP and try out all this shit.

You make it 4 minutes walk into the woods, tell yourself you're not here for hiking but for skillzz and sit down and start trying to use this shit. It all fails because it's very different when you have to use that fire steel on the ground on real things rather than at your computer desk. Finally to make it not a complete failure, you cut down some branches and shittily tie them together, toss your tarp on it and call it home.

You're cucked by the youtubers. You're cucked by other cucks. You know shit about the outdoors and are enough of a cuck to have your money taken away.
>>
>>998574
they have steel TOES

get it? There's multiple toes on the shoe?
>>
>>998647
folding tables
>>
File: patton.jpg (89KB, 480x256px) Image search: [Google]
patton.jpg
89KB, 480x256px
>>998678
5 star post
>>
File: zoinks.jpg (24KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
zoinks.jpg
24KB, 341x341px
>>998678
Are you the same sperg who was giving fireboots anon a hard time? Who hurt you so bad anon? Show us on the doll where the mean bushcrafter touched you.
>>
File: but its opposite day.jpg (10KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
but its opposite day.jpg
10KB, 500x381px
>>998800
Dubs confirm. What pack do you use, anon?
>>
File: Barney_2265600b.jpg (106KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Barney_2265600b.jpg
106KB, 620x387px
what even is the purpose of this thread?

>I dont push it on other people. However /out/ will be a total group of faggots to me for how I enjoy my life.

so if you dont push it onto other people why make a thread about it where you do nothing else but claim how superior you are and /out/ is just some weak ass faggots because they dont carry around a heavy ass backpack or go running in their boots like you?
>>
>>998083
Best /out/ investment I purchased is a mule.
Pack that sucker up and get walking.
>>
>>998678
This
The bushcrafting fad needs to die
>>
File: 1363039484807.jpg (161KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1363039484807.jpg
161KB, 500x496px
>>998678
THIS. Bushcucks never put their "skills" to any test by going on real hikes or enduring bad weather. I dare any of you faggots to endure a full day march in the elements to sleep overnight before coming back, without defaulting to implements to save your ass. Living like a 1AD mongoloid is impractical as fuck
>>
>>998702
Didn't bother reading that shit, so no. If some faggot wants to run in fireboots it's America and I won't have to pay for his knee surgery so whatever.
>>
>>998877
sorry, meant to reply to this faggot, you're cool anon.
>>998776
>>
The fuck is it with these autistic arguments, you fucking retards are basically arguing about whose reasons to go out is better.

There are faggots who treat hiking as a sport, counting miles and hours and watching their speed and like most people in sports, they aspire to use the most advanced, lightest equipment to improve their performance... and like in all sports there are faggots just wanting to show off their gear and money and how big a sportsman they are.

Bushcucks aspire to be self reliant out there, and enjoy learning and practicing the skills to do it. They aren't interested in using equipment with a much shorter expected lifespan, just because they can hike 10% faster with it. They are looking for tools that they can trust to function for years, if not decades. I view this as a bit of a role playing, but who gives a fuck, it can be interesting.

Then there are people who just like to be in nature, enjoy a route, enjoy a scenic view, enjoy being away from civilization and find being out relaxing. They most likely don't give a shit about being as fast as possible or hiking as far as possible and also don't plan on surviving a nuclear war in the nearby forest.

There is no sense in arguing about what motivates someone else to go out you cucks.
>>
>>998882
the only way to actually improve your performance is getting stronger by carrying heavy packs. Stop being weak
>>
>>998882
Look at this faggot. He thinks he is better than everyone
>>
File: i am displease.gif (474KB, 127x139px) Image search: [Google]
i am displease.gif
474KB, 127x139px
It may be time to abandon thread, friends. Just leave and never look back.
>>
>>998269
>>998296
>>998308
Just lurking and saw this fuckwit. Holy shit anon. Did you just get fired, wife left you for a nig, found out your son is a trap on /b/ or your dog die? Seriously, you have some issues besides a man's boots. The way you're going you should go >>>/b/ack and fap to your faggot son.
>>
>>998422
>ugg
Say it everytime I see them.
>>
>>998444
>>998451
From what I read once upon a time, they're prefered by those walking the beams in highrise construction. Something about superior feel and balance.
>>
>>998944
>Something about superior feel and balance.
You hit the nail on the head. My old work boots feel like stilts compared to my weeaboo shoes.
>>
>>998083
>WE WUZ MULES N SHEIT
>>
File: 1399505472113.jpg (58KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1399505472113.jpg
58KB, 720x720px
>>998678
Hammock camper so doesnt apply to me at all.
>Except MLP obsession, strangely accurate assumption there...
>>
I carry a decent amount of gear because I like to be prepared. Everyone calls me a mule because I can carry so much stuff, but I manage just fine.
>>
>>998944
carpenter in japan here
i wear them when we are doing the roof, they are good for climbing about. when we're doing floors and walls i wear regular work boots or hiking shoes
>>
>>998422
>>998942

As an Aussie I kek at this every time. What your hipsters don't understand is that these things have been used as slippers for many years in Aus and we're never meant to be worn outside the house, unless you're a complete fucking bogan
>>
>>999286
are you nip or weeb
>>
>>998241
otzi is dead anon, wonder why? its cause he didn't have 80 pounds of tools on him.
>>
>>998180
Isn't bushcrafting the philosophy that you can make almost whatever you need out in the woods instead of lugging it with you? Kinda in the name. Is it just a new /fa/ thing now instead? Imo it should fit in with ultralight, pack stuff you can't make, make everything else you need and dispose of it once done. Keeps that weight down.
>>
>>998105
It's to prevent injury dipshit. If you get shin splints, stress fractures, or worse you're basically out of action possibly for good and any progress you made is basically gone by the time you heal, if you heal. I ran in boots and rucksacks, shit is not what you want to do on a frequent basis if you value your back, legs, and a longer less painful existence.
>>
>>998353
These shits cost $110...Capitalism is getting really retarded.
>>
Isn't how much you pack but what kind of pack and the distance traveled. Those with 80lb packs were usually going from camp to camp, 10-15 miles a day for usually a day or two and then they were done for a short while. Packing stuff was an every day part of life, not a hobby in effort to get hippie poon, so they knew how to properly pack by a young age.
>>
>>998083
No, our ancestors didn't. In Canada for example the longest portage was only 11 miles, you could basically go the entire distance from the east coast to the west coast by canoe. In the US it was canoe, river barge, raft, horse, wagon, slaves, and mule team. Our ancestors weren't taking multi-day hikes deep innawoods for recreational purposes.
>>
>>998083
>talks shit about ultralight
>obsessed with bushcraft

if your kit weighs more than 12 pounds you honestly such at bushcraft
>>
>>999369
Maybe you shoulda drank more milk little buddy

If I average 40 miles a week and have exceeded 80 miles in a week and even done marathons before, I'd maybe you just have baby bones.

>>999423
It's more or less about feeling more connected to the wilderness. It gives me a sick feeling when I use shit that I couldn't make myself. Of course I still can't make all of the materials I bring, but the loser I am to doing it the better I feel. In my opinion, this is just my opinion, but when you bring so much fancy stuff it looks like an apple store... then you're more in the apple store than you are in the woods.
>>
This whole thread is cancer.
>>
>>999441
I read your other post, running on soft trail? You should probably tone down your macho bravado if that's the case. Here I thought you were making yourself up to be a real man's man running on pavement with that shit. But I see you're just a faggot who'll change the story as time goes along.
>>
>>999472
Trail running is absolutely fun as hell

Pavement is too boring, I run on pavement but only with buddies or something and only if they really want to
>>
>>999405
>he doesn't know the cross country sagas of the mounted police
>>
>>998105
>Oh man the sperg is running in his boots and jeans again. Better slow down so he doesn't start autistically screeching again
>>
>>999441
>average 40 miles a week
Oh, so you're just a casual runner, makes sense that you don't have to worry about injury so much then.
>>
>>998083
Feels good to be /outfit/
>>
>>998304
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. IS THAT YOUR FLOOR? YOU ARE FUCKING FILTHY!
>>
>>999508
I'm more of a sailor and voyageur era kind of guy, but yes the NW Mounties were based. Also on horse back and not hiking recreationally with a large pack so my point still stands.

Even the epic winter march of the 104th regiment of foot from Fredericton, New Brunswick to Kingston, Ontario during the War of 1812 had pack animals. Also their haversacks, tools, and water probably wouldn't even amount to 20kg altogether.
>>
>>999746
Yanks don't always take their shoes off indoors. I have heard they sleep in shoes too.
>>
>>999186
The fact that you identify as a hammock camper is the gayest shit I've ever heard. All these fads and self-identifying groups need to die. It's just a little internet club that circklejerks to feel special when they're not. Calling yourself a hammock camper is such a faggot vomit-inducing act because unlike the other groups who have a central dogma or at least a vague theme all you've got is that your fagot ass owns an eno. You and all your little hammock camping buddies.

You're not special. You don't belong to anything special. You're a faggot who jerks off to cartoon ponies and who owns a hammock.
>>
>>999365
80lbs of tools = ETERNAL LIFE
>>
>>999761
We *pass out with shoes on.

I really don't get the people who constantly wear shoes in the house all day, unless they're doing some hardcore cleaning or constantly in and out.

Let those suckers free!
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>999788
Youre very angry anon, how long have you been transitioning into a woman?
>>
>>999441
Lol here goes that faggot with his stupid ass boots talk. There's no getting through to him because he's caught in his lie and won't admit he doesn't do this shit.

>>999441

It's not about if you're tough or not, it's about you being autistic. I once saw a retard throw a desk across the room in middle school. It doesn't make the retard any more of a man.

It's like this. Everyone is enjoying a nice steak dinner and we're all using steak knives. Purpose made, perfect for the task, and everyone enjoys the steak and doesn't really think or care about the knives.

Then you come along, and start using an axe to cut the steak. It's unwieldy, obnoxious and unnecessary. People try to ignore it, and we all want to get back to enjoying the steak. But then you start chest thumping about how manly you are and how you can eat the steak so much faster than everyone else. You start telling us that real men only eat their steaks with axes, and that it's about self reliance that you can use your ax for anything.

Fuck you.

A few of us here have already told you that it's not manly, it's just stupid. You're going to get variety of repetitive use injuries, and be crying for disability when you're in your 30's. When we judge you, you start crying about how we shouldn't care about what other people do and we should live and let live. NO. You started this shit by being obnoxious and bragging about some stupid shit you do that no one cares about.
>>
>>998083
Those are some killer boots, man. Where do I get them?
>>
>>999814
Boots and waiters from the Hudson Bay Company, circa 1800
>>
>>998089
>150lb
>skinny

I'm not even 130 pounds and I'm stronger than anyone I know. A man should have 0 fat on his body.

But I guess that's hard for Americans.
>>
>>998180
what's hard about running in jeans? I've swum in them before, did a 5k in my heavy duty desert trousers once too.
>>
>>999822
How tall are you and how are you defining strength?
>>
>>999811
suck a dick hammock fag! Imma come cut you down in the middle of the night.
>>
>>999835
5 foot 10, and I'm going by bench ability on my brothers/friends who work out and (don't laugh) arm wrestling contests on those who don't. I'm only 18 though so I might grow more.
>>
>>999853
ITT the tiny dick measuring contest
>>
>>999853
>5'10"
><130lbs
>18
>stronger than anyone I know

Do you know anyone other than your brother (whose friends are fucking with you) that isn't a small girl?
You might grow and you might not. My brother is 5'8" and not even 120lbs at 26 years old. Coincidentally he also unironically believes he is very strong and that his weird malnourished fat free body is "ripped."
>>
File: 1487045790178.jpg (22KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
1487045790178.jpg
22KB, 218x265px
>>999836
Honestly all this talk about autism, concern for what people jerk off too and your boiling hatred for other peoples /out/ habits just blatently lights you up as the class sperg. Your over the top replies and constant REEEEEE'ing isnt proving your point, its just reinforcing thay the retard here is in fact you.
>>
File: 1468271620422.jpg (306KB, 1280x957px) Image search: [Google]
1468271620422.jpg
306KB, 1280x957px
/out/ is GAAAAY
>>
>>1000001
It's official, we are in the era of fucking trap waifus innawoods. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>999441
>40 miles a week.
>actual seriously trying to brag and be proud of this fact
Nigga i was doing 40 miles a day about half of the days I was thru hiking last year, some guys I met even did 50s regularly. If you carried less you could walk more and be able to see more in a day.
>>
He's right, people who use hammocks are too weak to pack
>>
>>1000091
>Not doing 100 miles in a day

Weakfag
>>
>>999895
I'm gonna tie you in your hammock and cut a hole in it and rape your butt you eno owning faggot.
>>
File: 1490838967313.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1490838967313.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>1000177
>rape my butt

And youre calling me a faggot?
>>
>>998220

Not that guy, but I used to run in 8 inch boots during highschool wrestling because I couldn't afford wrestling shoes and running shoes.

I'm not sure why you are so mad about this, it's not unheard of or even the top ten stupidest things currently on /out/
>>
>>1000200
Give me your top 10 dumbest things on /out/. I'm curious.
>>
>>1000210

>>981704
This thread
>>973774
This thread

You could realistically pick 5 posts at random from those two posts to make the top 10, but that would be selling/out/ short.
>>994717
>>999628
>>989538
>>991664
>>998638
>>998107
>>990563
>>997257
>>995766

And that's just stupid threads, there are probably 10 stupid posts in each one of those threads.

To add to that the following topics deserve a place on the list
>batoning
>prepping (unless you are actually doing something outdoors)
>homeless living
>politics of any nature
>,,, posts.., guy ..,,. this.., like,,. , that,..., ,, . ,, who

Although to be fair to the last guy he's actually a pretty decent dude once you figure out what the fuck he is trying to say.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452953529061.jpg (33KB, 960x538px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452953529061.jpg
33KB, 960x538px
>>1000232
Tfw my "when did u last go out" kayaking thread isn't on the list. :D
>>
File: explain.jpg (19KB, 478x571px) Image search: [Google]
explain.jpg
19KB, 478x571px
>>1000232
>floote thread is on the list
>mfw
>>
>>1000232
>Didn't pick the Bigfoot 411 missing people thread
>>
>>1000232
oh come on man, everybody knows that sword thread is a joke
>>
>>1000262

At least they were /out/ when they went missing.

>>1000269

It's still a shit thread.
>>
Ah fuck it. I'll fall for the damn bait.
Whenever I go /out/ my main necessities is:
>enough socks
>Water and a water filter
>enough food and 2 days addirional im case
>bushcrafting shit i can fit in my pockets
>carpenters axe
>compass
>tent, foam mattress, sleeping bag
>extra changes of clothes
>hat
>thermal layers
>M9 and at least100 rounds of 9mm luger
>batteries and portable charger
>flashlight, common sense EDC shit
>tarp
>3 ways to start a fire and a jet stove + titanium cup & utensil
>radio and flares
>cookware
>baby wipes+ziploc bags
>scrap cloth
>ifak
>survival/bushcraft book + literature book
>paracord
>wool blanket/poncho

This all easily fits in a 69 L Jansport Ranier that has been around since my dad got it in the 80's. Seen hundereds of miles and months in the alpines.

After this shit I carry whatever else I fucking want. Key word is 'want'. If i feel like being comfy I'll compress my 'my pillow' in there, stuff a few comfy clothes, maybe a portable speaker, climbing gear, and tastier food than the high calorie, high protein stuff i also plack.
I'm not a big guy by any means, I'm 158lbs, 6'1", but I hiked 38 miles and ascended 11,000 feet within 24 hours and didn't even think about it.

Manliness and whatever the fuck else you want to prove is best proven by your wit and knowledge. Pack what you need and if you pack well you'll be set. Carrying loads of heavy bullshit thats not necessary is stupid.
>>
File: IMG_4042.jpg (385KB, 1195x1593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4042.jpg
385KB, 1195x1593px
>>1000296
>makes post advocating bare minimum and "only what you need"
>carries books
>100 rounds of ammo
>mentions buschcraft

U got things a lil bass-akwards there anon
>>
>this many people butthurt that I go jogging on trails with boots and jeans and go camping without fancy gear

It's really not that much different. If anything it's just cheapskate camping and cheapskate working out. I workout in my work clothes, and don't buy expensive camping gear. I have cheap non-synthetic surplus gear and I bring simple food like dehydrated beans. I also make my own fires.

Yeah guys, it was really worth doing all that sperging out. Lmao.
>>
>>1000296
A lot more stuff than I would bring but looks have you enjoy yourself. 8/10 would go camping/hiking/hunting with.

Don't let these monkeys bother you, they're trolls from /b/ roleplaying as elite outdoorsmen.
>>
>>1000364
>Spergs out the most
>Y-you g-guys a-are s-s-spergs

:^)
>>
>>998083

I love the trading circle at the National Rainbow Gathering.
>>
>>999788
god bless you man. fighting the lords fight.
>>
>>1000364

>I also make my own fires

You are so macho and my hero fellow bushcrafter. Teach me your ways.
>>
>>1000368
Aw shucks, thank you anon!
It is a fair amount, but for being out and about for 3 days to a week, those things sure make it darn comfy.

>>1000319
It does sound like a lot my guy, but keep in mind the stuff above, plus skinwalker repellent, and a couple woodworking knives aren't that much for my hauling.
>>
>>1000296
>Carrying loads of heavy bullshit that's not necessary is stupid
srysly anon?
>>
>>1000200
>>1000364
lol whut I actually scrolled back thru this fucking vomit thread to make sure. You fucks go running in boots? Hilarious.
>>
>>1000550
>Key word is 'want'.
You can still go innawoods for a few days if you pack swell tho :^(
I just wanna haul all the fun shit and not make sense
>>
Why is it that every other thread on this board is some chucklefuck elitist from the cancerous ultralight or bushcraft camp telling me I'm doing something wrong?
>If you aren't rucking a rifle and a dutch oven every trip, you're a manlet
>If you being TP, you overpacked. Just use leaves and spare yourself that .2 ounces. My pack weighs 3 lbs full kit.

Fucking urbanite normies turned going /out/ into yet another dick measuring competition.
>>
>>1000560
If you want a hugbox, go back to redddit
>>
>>1000580
Nope, I just want the two groups dead.
>>
>>1000560
>>1000580
And just how in the fuck would going to plebbit allow me to escape yuppie faggots turning mundane recreational activities into competitions? Christ, these are the selfsame who turned dog ownership, homosexuality, and mental illness into competitions.
>>
>>1000592
>>1000585
This bullshit. This bullshit exactly. Everyone needs to feel exceptional without actually being exceptional. No one is ok with being just ok.

It goes like this
>psssht manlet brings toiletpaper while hiking, what a fag. Doesn't he know you can just scrape it out with your knife?
-explain that wiping your ass with paper is important, point out how their method is autistic and pointless, question why they actually do it, tell them fuck you.
>whoa dude, why do you need to judge what I do while out? what does it matter to you? It doesn't hurt you that I let shit crust my asshole for days on end

and that's the way every argument on /out/ goes ever.
>>
>>1000601
>Not using your shit-Mora as a multi-use cooking/ dining utensil as well
stay pleb
>>
>>1000601
Best post of this whole damn cancer thread.
>>
>>1000296
>3 ways to start a fire

Something i've never understood, is when people pack a lighter, matches and firesteel. Why not just pack 4-5 lighters, then spread them in your pack?

>Pockets got wet?
Have 3 other lighters in backpack.

>Bear ate your backpack?
Have a lighter in both of your pockets.

etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>1000730
>Bear ate your backpack and legs?
Have a lighter up the ass.
>>
>>1000741
A friend carries a minibic lighter in his hat. He smokes like a chimney, and thought it took too long to take it from his pockets, especially during winter when he is all bundled up.
>>
>>1000744
I mean, whatever lights your fire. I hear you about the multiple lighters. Especially if you have no idea how to use a firesteel or whatever, it'll be of very little use and you'd be way better off with something you know how to use.
>>
Can someone recommend an UH pack in the $150-250 range?
>>
>>1000777

Duct tape a paper bag to your back, pussy
>>
>>1000779
>>1000777
No an U *H*, ultra HEAVY bag. Im not some lightweight queerosexual. I hike with 12 lb steel toe mountain boots.
>>
>>1000789
12lbs? Pussy try 20lbs
>>
>>1000789
I'm that guy that runs in boots and goes hiking with "traditional" or at this point, "less traditional" gear.

I just have to say this. I cannot think of a reason for a steel toe in the woods. If you were implying the boots I run in are steel toe they most certainly aren't.
>>
>>1000796
>doesn't use steel toe boots
Pussy. I like to be prepared when I'm outdoors.
>>
Fireboot anon here

Not here to tro guys

I understand why a person would like UL hiking. It's less weight, and the gear is usually still reliable. You're maximizing your chanse of success. That's great. Enjoy yourselves in the great outdoors.

I however am a crazy bastard and I admit it. I have a huge urge to live a more primitive lifestyle, and of course I'm not nearly there. I do get closer each day. I'll be buying land for a homestead for my family and close friends(all very useful folks) within the next 2 years.

It fills me with joy to have something I made myself, all the way from scratch. I want to make my entire life from scratch, and I've been working towards this for over 10 years.
For me it's not about scaling a hill with a certain terminal efficiency. If anything, I go out to utterly torture myself, to make everything about me harder.

Call me masochistic, cringey, whatever. That's fine.

I want /out/ to get along. I really do. We can all be friends, really. It's this damn internet that keeps us fighting. In person I really believe we would all see eye to eye.
>>
>>1000798

I will admit steel toe boots helped me whoop the shit out of 3 coyotes in this field once.

However in the years I've been fighting forest fires I've become particular about little things that can go horribly wrong.

That steel toe is going to hold an absolutely dangerous amount of heat in my line of work.
>>
>>1000798
>mfw I walk 40k in a day with steel toes no problem
>>
>>998896
Yes, but it only works if you're carrying 80 lbs of tools. How else would our anthethers forge bushcraft knives in da wilderneth?
>>
>>999811
That's a nice gif you made of yourself.
>>
>>1000817
>mfw I just lied
>>
>>1000860
How can it be a lie when it is gibberish?
>>
>>998083
Ok so what your saying is I can either
>Go inna woods with a cheap kelty pack a light sleeping bag and either a tarp or compact tent, saving plenty room to put maybe a travel fishing rod, or maybe a book, or perhaps some climbing rope so I can swing off my 10 pound bag easily, take a quick little run to a small rock ledge and enjoy myself climbing for a bit, then come back to the trail and toss my pack back on and be on my way, light on my feet with trail shoes or maybe some mids that drain easy in case I want to cross a river. Then continue on the trail down steep incline and declines with ease. Finally I can get to wherever I want to make camp, collect some small benches and maybe if I need to split them with a small hatchet or a mora. Then fall asleep comfortably without a pain.
>>
>>1000963
Or...
>Travel on the trail with an external frame pack loaded down with all the tools and gear I need for a weekend in the woods. I march down the trail in my high top leather boots with steel toes that weigh about two pounds each, and restrict movement so much that the only movement I can make is bend my knees. I try to stay above 4 inches of water so I don't get the cool boots I need to keep my pack from crushing my ankles wet, but even if they do I know I can use my pickaxe to dry them over the fire when I reach the campsite that's a mile up, it will only take me 6 hours. I pass by a really nice stream and I want to fish for brook trout, but I couldn't make room for my 12 foot bamboo one piece rod when I had more important things to take like my hand drill or my cool .308 to keep away any bears or mountain lions, even though it's a county park in Ohio. Then I finally arrive at my campsite. Even though I have to shuffle my pack on a branch and then down on my knee, I'm glad I took a huge steel structure, otherwise I couldn't take my ax, wedge, and 200 foot hemp rope so I can fell a tree, cut it into 18 inch sections, and then chop it with my maul to give me two cords of wood. Then I build a 10'x 10' fire inside a pit I dug with my trusty Spade shovel, the fire should be enough to heat up a nice stew in my cast iron kettle, and I wish I could have had the chance to have a fish fry on my 24" cast iron skillet. Finally I set up my buffalo skin tepee with some sapling I cut down with my saw, and then settle down on my leather mat and curl up with my wool blanket. I whittle with my machete that I brought in case I had to slash my way through thick vegetation off trail. Finally I toss and turn all night but I can't get comfortable because my back hurts with every movement. But it's all good though because I can show a bunch of basement dwellers on 4chan how much cooler I am then them.
>>
>>1000965
You'll pry my Jansport Sc/out/ from my cold dead back, you internal frame-loving fuck.
>>
>>1001005
I don't mean to hate on external frame. They're nice and good for what they're meant to do.
>>
>>998089
Found the Trump voter. You don't scare anyone, and you're laughed at more than you think. I'm sure you think you're "hard". Trust me, you're not.
>>
File: 1446357120897.gif (68KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
1446357120897.gif
68KB, 500x293px
>>998105
Retards are known tk have above average strength and endurance.

It's called "retard strength".

Please Goku, tell us more.
>>
>>998209
Man you sound like you're the life of the party.
>>
>>998209
Next level is barefeet and loincloth, mate.
>>
>>998243
>his mom bought him some autism boots
>he thinks they make him look like a fireman

Roleplay general? I'm the only guy in my friend group who's a SWAT team ranger because I have a paracord bracelet
>>
>>1001131
>>1001112
>>1001074
>>1001065
>>1001062
Not even trying/10
>>
>>1001132
i was serious about the barefoot running lad
>>
>>998301
>Weaboots
>>
>All this dick waving

p-please anon kun... put your willy away before it shrinks from the cold salty musk... ;^(
>>
>>998243
>H A V E
>F U N
>W I T H
>Y O U R
>H A I R L I N E
>F R A C T U R E S
>A N D
>S H I N
>S P L I N T S
>>
File: sad man.jpg (52KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
sad man.jpg
52KB, 600x338px
>>1001176
I was going to support you about the shin splints on why running with boots is a bad idea and for some reason this poor cartoon man made me feel emotions and sympathy I have only reserved for small children who lost their ice-cream and Displaced Yugoslavians.
Fuck his face just looks so god damned sad and agonizing, like he just trained for half a year to lose his obesity card and finally run a damn marathon to give him life and motive to live, then the day before the run he got a damn shin splint because he couldn't afford proper shoes while trying to pay rent and food with his shit job he's working his way out of. Jesus christ this is fucking depressing. Why must God do this to good people? In what way have we violated the kube to deserve this level of sad mans?
(Also I mixed vodka and pre workout together, It's an adventure)
>>
i live out of my car. Everything I need is in there.
>>
>>998311
you're doing 12 mph in those boots and jeans on trails?
So you're a world class runner?

Look, your claims put you on the top 0.0000001-0.000001% of fitness in the world, or so (unless you're talking about short distances. That's without factoring in your increased likelihood to get injury due to running so much as you must to maintain this level of fitness with those shoes.

Understand that people will assume such preposterous claims are a lie without proof.
>>
>>998087
I don't think op is talking about that kind of people. I don't think they exist. Have you seen anyone that took something without intending to use it? Some might bring redundant things but they definitely had something in mind, just that the situation might be different from what they imagined so it became redundant.

Anyway I think op is talking about people who go to the extreme ends to cut weight and sometimes result in them being grossly underequipped. Some people worry about every individual gram and I agree with op that they're fucking pussies, if you're worried about a little weight then maybe you should reconsider your hobbies.
>>
>>1001187
I like you
>>
>>1001036
Yeah, where would you tie your sweaty socks to dry on an internal frame? Are those things covered in webbing yet? They should be.
>>
>>1001290

>I don't think

Obviously
>>
>>1001282
I'm not even close to being world class. Those africans hold a steady 16 mph. I just have long legs.
>>
>>1000296
A hundred rounds? Why the actual hell do you feel like you need a hundred rounds of ammo for? Especially just for camping? And what's with the "at least"? What is the criteria for you to feel like a hundred rounds isn't enough? Unless you're hiking on the Pakistani border, or Colombian border, then I question your requirements list and feel like you could drop a whole lotta weight.

And don't say bears. You don't get to take a 9 mil handgun and then pretend you're taking all that ammo for bears.
>>
>>1001340
I was only 99.99% sure you were a liar before. You've just made that a 100%.

You've said:
>>999441
>If I average 40 miles a week and have exceeded 80 miles in a week and even done marathons before.

40k miles average per week = ~64km, means you're likely doing 10k runs.
world record time was set

Now the world record is about at 14.3 pace. That's in actual world class top tier running cloths and shoes, on a (100% flat) track and often in optimal conditions. Probably at peak physical conditions for the person for the entire year (they won't average that speed during the entire year but increase training for a specific event) etc etc.

Not on a fucking trail that is surely is not flat, in non optimal conditions in fucking jeans and boots.

My assessment put you in the top 7000-700 people world wide, but desu your boasting is probably means an even better spot.

Conclusion: stop lying.
>>
>>1000296
>Carrying loads of heavy bullshit thats not necessary is stupid.
>carries loads of heavy bullshit that's not necessary
>>
>>1001385
Listen, you clearly aren't a runner. 12 mph is closer to 1 mph than 12 mph is to 13 mph. It's a huge difference, and it's a margin that is hard to beat. But yeah, I've been breaking 5 minute miles since I was a teenager. Best mile 4:32, which was a world record like 100 years ago but now 15 year olds can do that easily. Anyways, I said I try to keep it at around 12, it's my natural pace when running and you're right I am a middle distance runner. In my opinion it creates optimal vo2 max and it really benefits me in my day to day life.

My advice to you is to stop being so predisposed to being negative minded, it shows pretty clear.

P.s. I spent 2 years in Eugene, Oregon and one day I walked onto Hayward Field and saw their team doing laps. No idea how many laps they had done before that point but it was a strong pace. Started running along side them with my boots and did 6 laps with them and then continued with the rest of my day. Eugene is tracktown USA. They get serious runners.
>>
>>1001392
>Best mile 4:32
>5 minute miles is your normal trail pace
BULL SHIT

My best mile in college was 20 seconds faster than yours and there's no way I could do 5 minute miles for a long trail run.
>>
>>1001393
Lol bro you must be so offended because youve been trying to put words in my mouth for a few days now it seems

Maybe if you trained in boots you would be better at running in the woods. But no,I said I've been breaking 5 minute miles since I was a teenager. As in, I time test myself to run a fast mile. A mile. Lmao. You're so delusional it's kind of weird.

Trail running time varies a lot obviously, between 5 and 6 minute miles on trails is easy though in my opinion, you gain a lot of momentum on trails and really only have to focus on smashing the hills. Shit, theres some trails out here that bust me up so bad I have trouble breaking 6:30.
>>
>>1001392
That is all good and true if you'd have spoken about running in running shorts or however you call then in English and appropriate shoes, on a track or even a road.

But you're comparing trail running to track running, flat surface to one with ups and downs, optimal traction to not so much... huge difference. It depends on the nature of the trail but this alone probably is enough on itself. 13 mph on a track is ~ 12 mph on trails (if not slower, but trail dependent).

You're comparing running in jeans and boots to running in extremely lightweight purposely made equipment.

You're comparing people who have purposefully tailored training programs to someone who just goes out and jogs with his friends a couple of times a week.

And who do more training than you.

Your claims are absolutely ludicrous.
>>
>>1001399
I'm sorry that you're offended by something that's literally a hobby for me. But no, you are maybe just inexperienced at moving quickly on trails. Unlike on a track proper foot placement can remove your workload entirely, and increase your speed a lot. A track is a consistent resistance. A trail is going to have 100 yards of pushing, and then 100 yards of what is essentially recovery. Totally different behavior for your heart to adapt to. For me the consistent resistance is more difficult because I don't regularly train that way.

What I'm saying is track stars have to maintain their kick, while I can rely on momentum and only have to push my heart rate periodically. Like I said, it's clear you just don't have the experience doing what I do to really understand why it's effective and why someone skilled about the technique could run a similar speed to someone on a track.
>>
>>1001413
This is pure bullshit.
There are some mixed marathons where part is on track and part is streets AND trails.
Speed visibly drops across the board for every single runner.
Even when compared to just track+road marathons.

But you are a supernaturally gifted individual, who's technique can supersede laws of physics (like worse traction on trails compared to tracks even when running with adequate shoes).

Sure thing my man.

By the way, I am a trail runner, not a track runner. I just don't feel the need to brag about my accomplishments nor are they in any way or form relevant to the obvious fact that you are lying.
>>
>>1001423
My best friend is faster than me.

Obviously all trails are different and as I explained before people specifically trained for marathons are going to have a much less effective transition to trails.

With the amount of basic things I've had to explain to you I know that you're just trying to troll me.

It's fine, anything outside of testing water filters in your basement is "bullshit" on this board.

Let me ask you, Mr.Trail runner. Is it so difficult to move at 12 mph at a 3%-5% incline(you probably dont even know how much that is because youre just a basement dweller trying to shit on people that enjoy their lives) for 200-400 meters before you shift your hip angle and change your gait and recover at roughly the same speed? Even 50 meters of recovery is going to have an average males heart back in position to make the next push.
>>
File: Cuppa.jpg (44KB, 429x386px) Image search: [Google]
Cuppa.jpg
44KB, 429x386px
>>1000856
I like you anon. You should come over to my house and fuck my sister.
>>
>>1001340
>>1001385
>>1001392
>Fireboots-Anon's pace
60/12= 5 minute miles
>The "steady pace of Africans"
60/16= 3.75 = 3:45 minute miles
>World record marathon pace (Dennis Kimetto - pic related)
4:42
>World record mile time (Hicham El Guerrouj - only one mile)
3:43

Christ you are an idiot fireboot-cuck. You're an idiot because you don't know when you've been caught in a lie. I'm not even one of these guys who's been arguing, I just couldn't let that fly. This shit is hilarious.
>>
File: Kimmetto World Record.jpg (445KB, 2220x1539px) Image search: [Google]
Kimmetto World Record.jpg
445KB, 2220x1539px
>>1001442
forgot pic
>>
>>1001442
All this while training only 40 miles/week, too!
>>
>>1001442
Showing more and more that you have no idea whatsoever about running.

They hit up to 18 mph sometimes 19 mph in world class mile and up to 10k races. The pace changes often.

They pace between 14 and 16 mph. The best ones are holding 16 mph for most of the laps. Which is why I referenced this number.

They also have a certain distance required to get to that speed.

To run a 4:05 you're probably doing a 3:45 pace.

Again, this is an entirely different kind of running.

You may ignorantly ask "hurr then why dont pro runners all train on trails". Well, a lot do but that isn't their main training. Ultimately the shifting intensity is the opposite of what you want to train for running on a track.

Trail running with extra weight on your feet and extra ankle support allows you to be good at trail running.

Running on a flat circle for 70 miles per week nearly naked will make you good at track.

Even child athletes understand that different types of training makes you suited for different types of things.

My running is fast for an average person, but the 30-120 second time gap between me and world class people is literally like the difference between a golf kart and a race car.
>>
>>1001442
You forgot to mention he is doing all this on fucking trails, in jeans and boots.

>>1001435
I'm done arguing, while there is no exact times for trails as those differ too much, every single runner be he a trail runner or not will tell you that the max speeds achievable on trails are far lower than those achievable on track.

It's obvious for so many reasons, like traction (which means that less energy is wasted to maintain the same pace), The fact that keeping a steady exertion rate brings better results than working harder and "resting" (due to slower pace/running downhill).
Otherwise runners would have not worked as hard to maintain a steady pace on flat ground, but would have played around with their heart rate etc etc.

You can have the "win" thought anyone ITT can see through your bullshit
>>
File: download (1).jpg (128KB, 876x800px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
128KB, 876x800px
>>998083
80 POUNDS OF TOOOOOOLZ
>>
>>1001449
There is still a large divide in the running world when it comes to running just 20 miles a week and running like 80 miles a week. Both types of training produces strong competitors. Again, you have no real knowledge of running.
>>
>>1001447
that's a majestic negro

gazelles don't stand a chance
>>
>>1001456
You keep theorycrafting the traction of my running trails while I lay out actual knowledge
>>1001454

But sure, you're not just an extremely resentful and negative person. Right.

Regardless of the content of this thread I will outrun you in boots and blue jeans. Lol.
>>
>>999853
>>999870
dude unless you know krav, you're literally nothing at 130, bulk up kid
>>
>>1001461
>while I lay out actual knowledge
Which is that physics is false? sure thing mate.

Hint: the actual negative guy ITT is the one who tries to shit talk people because they call out his lies. My replies were based on quantitative analysis anyone can make on their own. The data is out there.

> you're not just an extremely resentful and negative person.

>everyone who calls out my lies sucks!!!111

lol
>>
File: slavmode.jpg (85KB, 420x630px) Image search: [Google]
slavmode.jpg
85KB, 420x630px
>>999822
>A man should have 0 fat on his body.
Only if he's a princess that cares about showing off his tummy. Extremely low body fat is not a good thing for any practical purpose.
>>
>>1001468
No you didnt. You just said that people with muscles untrained for the specific conditions I describe are worse at it.
Duh. You also falsely implied you slow down on your recovery segments. With proper technique this doesn't happen, you may very well speed up. The weight of the boots aid with this. The weight of the boots in the climb however is non-applicable because you're using different muscles than the muscles that would typically make that weight difference more significant.

You just don't even have an idea of how to visualize what I do and you call me a liar. I am actually pretty confident that a large amount of marines could keep up with me on these runs. Oh hey, they often run in boots!

Also please read >>1001454
So that you can actually learn something about running, internet warrior

And please stop saying I'm shit talking people and trying to brag. We could very easily have a wonderful conversation about our woodland hobbies.
>>
File: ANONTARDNUMBERTHEVEN.jpg (59KB, 652x367px) Image search: [Google]
ANONTARDNUMBERTHEVEN.jpg
59KB, 652x367px
>>1001437
Abtholutely!
>>
>>1001475
>You just said that people with muscles untrained for the specific conditions I describe are worse at it.

No retard.
Same guy
max speed on trails after training on trails < max speed on track while training on track.

This is a fact due to biology and physics.
The amount of energy you have to invest on trails (even flat) is higher than on track.
The material the track is made off was designed for optimal traction, while even at best trails are packed earth, not to mention loose rocks, sand, mud, gravel etc slowing you down.

The ups and downs:
Anyone who has ever done serious running in his life knows that this slows you down.
For example, check out marathon times in different places. in flat cities the times are much much better than in cities where you have to go through ups and downs.
This is true for every single person.

People who live in hilly cities (and train there obviously) still make better times in flat marathons.

Stop with the bullshit.
>>
>>1001454
>>1001461
That's the funny part anon, I was just posting data. All I was doing was posting the numbers you gave us and comparing them to the numbers google spit out. You're a sad dude. Start being honest with the people around you, and pretty soon you won't need to boast and lie about shit on the internet. Learning basic math like how averages work and how to convert mph into a minutes per mile would also help.

>>1001456
Tbh, I thought the picture of the dude in shorts and running shoes was enough. That and considering how many time's it's been restated... But yeah, this dude is on at all hours of the day. I suppose he is posting on this thread while he's running those killer splits. Tbh anon, I think we took some seriously delicious bait. It was fun, but feels kinda empty feeling now that it's over. Take care and I'll see you all in the next shit posting thread.
>>
>>1001491
>bh anon, I think we took some seriously delicious bait. It was fun, but feels kinda empty feeling now that it's over.

You're right.

gg fireboots anon!
9/10 for dedication.
>>
>>1001491
>>1001487
You guys do realize you're saying it's impossible for a person to run a 5-6 minute mile on a trail

Literally thousands of people do this exact thing every day

And tens of thousands do that exact thing but slightly slower every day

You didn't refute any of my data, you just said you did for reasons that are astounding me

>>1001487
And for you bud, 12 mph =/= 18 mph

Literally only 66% as fast. Nobody is trying to say that you can run faster on a trail than on a track.

Also, stop with the gross over estimation of boots and blue jeans. I hardly even notice the difference.

But anywas, cheers guys :)

I think it's cute that you think you're right about something simply because you don't know you're thinking about it wrong!
>>
>>1001500
Tempting but not taking the bait anymore bub. I love how you slyly slid those numbers around to entice us back. Very clever. I like your style!

Great math use too! You're getting the hang of it.
>>
>>1001507
>nobody can run a 6 minute mile on a trail despite slightly obese middle class ex-smokers potentially reaching this after 2 months of running

K.
>>
>>1001500
Who do Americans say 'blue jeans' as if their colour makes them a different category garment?

Would black jeans be different for running?
>>
You know, my neighbor is pretty out of shape and seems beta so low testosterone.

On a bet he did an Ironman. No training. He did it.

This board has less grit than /mlp/.
>>
>>1001516
Black jeans get a lot hotter in the sun :(
>>
>>1001516
It's just habit m8 since their wasn't any other color of jeans for more than 100 years. Same as your habit to include an extra vowel in color.
>>
>>1001575
If there wasn't any other colour wouldn't be stating the colour be even more superfluous?

>brb just going for a drive in my blackford
>>
>>1001611
>I have enough GBP for tendies but whitemom is too busy naked wrestling with blacknewdaddy to make them for me.
>>
>>999817

>Some faggy cosplay web store
>>
>>1000001

Kek

fuckin' Uncle Ray. This one gets me every time
>>
>>1000296

>Necessities is
> Gun
> Portable speaker

Is... Is you a nigger?

>At least 100 rounds

Not sure if killing a lot of things, or killing few things very dead...
>>
>>1000730
I take 1 lighter a small box of matches and a ferro rod with magnesium. Lighter is good for starting fires unless wet or in winter when it won't work at all. Ferro rod is good for lighting alcohol stove and matches stay in my first aid kit for emergencies. I don't want to keep a lighter in there long term because the gas may leak out and the cold weather could freeze it up. I do use the lighter %80 of the time, though.
>>
>>1002025
When it's cold I just tuck the lighter against my skin and let my bodywarmth bring the butane up to a combustible temp.
>>
>>1002031
I do that, but it's simply not possible if you keep your backup starters in your pack unless you spend precious time thawing it out. It's simpler for me, at least, to just use more than one method, but whatever a person is most comfortable with is obviously the best choice.
>>
File: hey there.jpg (32KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
hey there.jpg
32KB, 500x371px
>>1001163
Maximum kek
>>
File: 20 lbs of crackerjacks.jpg (370KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
20 lbs of crackerjacks.jpg
370KB, 850x565px
>average ultralite /out/ kiddie
>>
So I need to carry a bunch of fuckheavy and unnecessary things so I can in internet cred and joint pain?
I'm an xray tech for the va, and I've seen too many fucked up knees to intentionally want to carry more than 45 pounds.
>>
>>1002136
Yoor x-raying PUSSIES. Real men carry 80lbs of TOOLS and do it at an all out SPRINT for 100s of miles in STEEL TOE BOOTS and they have real FUN while they do it.

>so shut the fuck up and stop judging what other people do it the forest because it's not hurting you and we didn't start this obnoxious thread to be told facts and logic but to gloat and feel superior because we don't realize how full of shit people know we are.
>>
>>998189
WHAT'S A SUPPLY TRAIN YOU IDIOT?
>>
>>1002265
Nope no 80lbs of tools, confirmed FAG. You're a fag too cuz you probably don't bring 80lbs of tools into the woods either.
>>
I love how the people that like to bring a lot of stuff or simply non-ultralight stuff don't harrass people about their camping and hiking practices, I wonder if there is some sort of connection between having spent $2000 on gear and reassuring yourself through bullying... hmm...
>>
>>1002308
>people that pack heavy don't harass people about their camping and hiking practices

Here, let me just repost what OP said to kick this thread off.

>I mean seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you people? Every day on here I see pansy ass faggots recommending glorified garbage bags and NO TOOLS because they're too weak to pack. Your Ancestors carried gear far heavier than anything we carry today, and you can't even carry a fifth of that! That's not what camping is about assholes, you all sticklings propagating this trash need to go back to >>/v/ and play hiking sims

Don't forget to pack your 80lbs of tools!
>>
>>1002326
>OP makes a thread asking a question while clearly upset
>not directed at any particular poster
>grammar obviously implying this is the result of long term abuse from ultralighters
>ultralighters playing victim

K.
>>
>>1002339
>reading into things
>reading into things
>reading into things
>reading into things
ftfy

here, just for fun lemme give you another one.
>Basically, the core issue, like with many issues, is that any hobbies are comprised of 90% pansies and ultralighters spent so much damn money they walk way more than they even want to in order to make it feel worth it. I thought it was normal to hike 30-40 miles per day with a 50lb pack until I came to /out/. Apparently it's not. But nobody told me, or any of my buddies that had been apparently pretty badass for a decade. One foot in front of the other little buddy.
>>
>>1002339
btw, I think it's absolutely terrible. The last time I went hiking, I saw a guy with a Kelty external frame getting curbstomped by a gang of 10 ultralighters. It was enough to make me sick and want to post about it on the internet. Hold on, my grammar is too good. new iz thees know bettur? dose these showin my up set kundishun?
>>
>>1002349
>another clear response to endless ultralight abusive tirades

Continue to practice mental gymnastics all you want. My pseudo-scientific analysis of this is the common narcissist is both prone to gas-lighting but also spending unreasonable amounts of money to have the "best things", this predisposes them to narcissistic injury, where they then proceed to harrass others.

Narcissists shouldn't be tolerated in society.

Inb4 more gas-lighting(an observation is not necesarily a personal attack, unless you're prone to narcisistic injury)
>>
File: 1493233415887.png (28KB, 1053x258px) Image search: [Google]
1493233415887.png
28KB, 1053x258px
>>1002353
>harrass
>assault

>just more gas-lighting
>>
>>1002356
>pseu·do
>soÍžodĹŤ
>not genuine; sham.
I would have to agree with you on your "pseudo-scientific analysis".
>prone to gas lighting
If we use grammar here, it means that ultralighters fall for this.
>Narcissists shouldn't be tolerated in society
awesome. let's start with the guys who's image is so wrapped up in their pack weight they start a thread insulting people who don't carry as much as them!

btw, if I were "gaslighting" you, why would I just be throwing up DIRECT QUOTES that contradict exactly what you're saying? They're in the same fucking thread. Here, go read them for yourself. >>998083 >>998251
>>
>>1002356
btw booboo, these also weren't personal attacks! unless you're prone to narcissistic injury!

>oh shit, he said Inb4 the thing he accused me of. Now he has the perfect escape! What bulletproof logic!
>>
>>1002368
>>1002373
Dats some high level gas-lighting right there
>>
>>1002385
>direct quotes = gaslighting
You're the one making far-fetched claims. You've got nothing you dumb cuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (812KB, 1798x909px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
812KB, 1798x909px
>>998083
>ruining your body solely to be "manly"
Travel smart you cunt, Im sure your ancestors would KILL for lighter alteratives
Unless you literally mean no tools then yeah thats fucked
>>
>>1002393
>chronically misinterpet context
>hurr im using quotes

Cancer.
>>
>>1002432
>oh the poor soul who started this thread!
>what he said was completely out of context!
How about you tell me how this shit was taken out of context. You have the same sources I do. Pro-tip- the first one is kinda hard because OP instigated this shit by starting this thread.

Better yet, why don't you find me some sources showing how "ultralighters" harass poor old hikers who just want to hike with modest inexpensive gear? How about you show me this widespread abuse that would drive a balanced and reasonable hiker to make claims like "our loads should be 5x heavier" and that "90% pansies" spend too much damn money?
>>
>>998105
>>
>>1002475
>>>/out/

There ya go bud, now stop pretending to be blind. I won't make any effort because it's clear that you intend to use gas-lighting on any thing I say, and I won't entertain such silly behavior and further. Thanks. Have a great day.
>>
>>1002584
Oh dear, did I disrupt you that much?

I hope you didn't spend much time on that. Lol.
>>
>>1002594
No, I just think it's hilarious that multiple people caught you in a ridiculous lie and so I imagined what you probably looked like, it made me chuckle, and I drew it (poorly).
>>
>>1002631
Except you're all trolls
>>
>>1002591
Oh how clever! When I ask you for specific examples you throw out generalities! When I throw specific examples in your face you spit back more generalities!

Again, Gaslighting- according to your little wikipedia picture states
>persistent denial, MISDIRECTION, contraditction and LYING, it attempts to destabilize the target
lol, if I were lying to and misdirecting you why would I be putting in DIRECT QUOTES? Why would another anon use ACTUAL TIME AND MATH to fuck your shit up? Why would even more anons approach this discussion from angles like MEDICINE and HISTORY. Why do you only approach this from unverifiable personal anecdotes (this word means stories) that are full of machismo bullshit and constantly SHIFT IN THE DETAILS.

You're a little man. You don't know when you've been made a fool many times over. The only thing you've got is "gaslighting" and I'm not even sure you understand what it means. Reading through the thread, it's clear you're dim at best. You have legitimate issues with spelling (not typos, like actual use of English) you don't understand basic math, and the worst part is that you have no grasp of logic.
>>
File: thubz.jpg (7KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
thubz.jpg
7KB, 262x192px
>>1002584
This is a true work of art anon. Imma save this one.
>>
File: IMG_2824.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2824.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>998083
Op unironically wants to pack heavy tools for backpacking and camping because
>muh ancestors
>me strong
>be prepared boy scout motto
While he destroys his back slowly over the years from walking with a heavy load many miles often in a 'comfortable posture'.
Pic related, op in the future
>>
>>1002749
tl;dr

I know fat guys that jog 6 minute miles bud
>>
>>1002756
Nah. Not even
>>998311
>Here you are claiming 5min miles in your boots n jeans on trails
>>1001442
>Here is a based anon tearing you a new one
There are more anons above fucking the shit out of you and you've got nothing. It's beautiful that since I called you out on your gas lighting bullshit you're resorting to "mommys basement dweller" arguments. It wouldn't matter if I was a 500lb quadriplegic who lived off mayo out the jar- you're still a
>persitent denying, misdirectin, contradicting LIAR attempting to destabilize the target
GET FUCKED : )
>>
>>1002752
Guess who gets to pay for his disability and medical bills when he turns 30!
>>
>>1002763
You know, I explained earlier that running 12 mph is not going to translate to a 5 minute mile. You have to keep 13-14 mph to make up for the obvious changes in speed that occur while attempting to maintain your pace.

You're just so extremely butthurt about something any relatively strong person could do.

It's pretty damn funny.

And yeah, literally tons of fat guys can run a 6 minute mile. Lol.
>>
>>1001290
That's how my brother in law is. I use the marine corps ILBE bag that I bought for 80$ and he uses some ultra light north face one he paid 300$ for. It's like 5 pounds lighter. And everything he brings is like some thin expensive shit. I think he pairs it down to like 30-40 pounds overall. My bag always ends up being 50-70 depending on what I really need to bring. I'm always the one still leading the way though and everyone else is lagging behind. And I know after a few seasons his north face bag is gonna be torn to shit while my "bulky" ILBE has already seen Iraq.

Lol pound counters are pussies. Only time I'd be worry about weight if I were going into combat (because from what I've been told it does matter in combat). But this is just casually hiking.
>>
>>998193
>>998189
>>998186
>>998184
>>998196

>this butt hurt

>muh weight

Why don't you hit the gym and then maybe you can stop being a giant vagina who can't hack it.
>>
>>1002812
60min/12mph = 5 minute miles
60min/13mph = 4.62 minute miles= 4:37 minute miles
60min/14mph = 4.29 minute miles = 4:17 minute miles
>from other anon
>World record marathon pace = 4:42
World record 5k pace = 12:37 / 3.1 miles = 4 minute miles flat

You really don't understand math at all do you? Whatever you say, you've been caught in yet another lie by another anon. I'm done arguing with you because it's clear you're a delusional alcoholic.
>>
>>1002817
rofl you got pwnedddddddddd son
>>1002833
Lol, dude stop taking the bait. Guys justs trolling
>>
>>1002817
Stale pasta
>>
>>1002833
Dude, we all knew he was full of shit. You need to calm down...
>>
I pack heavy, as it's clearly my security against brain damage like what happened to this guy
>>1002752
>>1002349
>>1002751
>>
>>1002833
Lol yes 60 divded 12 is 5 congrats

You know nothing about running if you think its cut and dry like that

6 minute mile is closer to 20 minute mile than to 4 minute

You are just massively stupid
>>
>>1002833
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BTFO!
>>
File: disgusted.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>1002948
wtf?
>>
>>1002971
The idiot is falsely equating a running time that any non-manlet can jog with world class runners

Some of the thread believes him for some reason

None of you are runners
>>
>>1002989
Nah son... you just got fucked. Looks like anon laid the knowledge on your dumb-ass.
>>
>>1002989
desu I'm sorry... not that sorry but sorry about how sorry you are.
>>
>>1003027
>>1003029
:^) knowledge my ass

Shit tier assumptions are shit tier

Lrn 2 run
>>
>>999822
>130 lb male
>strong

You weigh as much as my sister
>>
>>998290
Are you 12, 14 or somewhere in between?
>>
File: Bike_Pepe.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bike_Pepe.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
>>1003450
lol somebody's salty
>>
>>1002584
Fucking kek
>>
>>998240
Ĺ“tzi died while /out/
>>
>>999123
Underrated
>>
>>1003858
He lived his entire life /out/ so it would make sense
>>
>>1002584
Those are some sick A.T.s dude.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.