[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of becoming a hobo. Seems like a great lifestyle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 32

I'm thinking of becoming a hobo. Seems like a great lifestyle. Are there any downsides? Or is it as glamorous as they make it seem?
>>
The downside is you're a hobo
>>
File: 1488765666871.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488765666871.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>981704
>Or is it as glamorous as they make it seem?

A friend of mine is an EMT. You should hear some of the horror stories he tells about hobos. I have a family member who is an RN. You should hear some of the horror stories she tells about hobos.

"Glamorous," is not the word I'd ever use with, "hobo".
>>
>>981706
> t. Box lunch eating cubicle dweller
>>
>>981704
Let's put a scale up.

1 = starving african child
10 = bill gates

Regardless of your homelessness, you still control your warmth, hunger, and happiness.

Some homeless people are very cold and hungry. Other homeless people make it easy on themselves and essentially dont have to become mature adults until they already have gray hair.
>>
>>981712
>t. dumpster lunch eating hobo
>>
>>981704
I just realized 2 days ago when i renewed my ups store mailbox that i have been homeless for a year.

Sometimes it sucks but hey after i get done in town tomorrow i am heading to the beach. To camp, fish, hike and swim for 2 weeks. Then i will drive to a national forest and hike for 2 weeks.

It ain't for everyone. And if you don't have an income then it gets hard. But about 1k a month keeps me going. Lots of chefboyardee diners though.
>>
>>981721
What diner does chef boyard work at?
>>
>>981704
real hobo or hipster hobo ?

going to food kitchen for food, and crime for money /drugs

or daddy's trust fund ?
>>
Considering youre too much of an idiot to check the catalog i doubt youll get very far.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 251x201px
>>981704
>Being homeless
>Glamorous
Oh yeah I often see homeless people and think how chic they look. Seems like a super duper life.
>>
>>981739
Every """"hobos"""" that post on imageboards are hipster hobos. Period.
I would like to see them attempting to last a year in a third world country.
>>
>>981767
>Gate keeping this hard
Just let them LARP man. Doesn't impact you
>>
>>981704
Mushi mushi, baitu desu
>>
>>981721
Why would you eat chef boyardee when it's more expensive and unhealthy than just cheese or porridge?
>>
>>981704
This kid isn't homeless, he's one of these new-age vagabonds who thinks it's a fun adventure for a year or two then eventually calls daddy, who buys him a plane ticket home and gets him a job at his work.

This dude >>981748 is fucking homeless.
>>
>>981767
I fully admit i have a truck and multiple income sources that require no work.

But i am fully hobo in that if i am not sleeping in my truck i am in a tent. Here is a nice picture of the houston park i am spending my day waiting until tomorrow to show up at my bank. Tomorrow i will head to freeport or high island to camp fish and swim.

Enjoy your job, losers.
>>
>>981783
>Enjoy your job
I do. I climb trees all day everyday. It's the best, i wake up most mornings with a smile. It gets even bigger when i get my juicy post cheque.
>>
>>981786
I had a job like that. Killing mudslimes. But i got blown up twice to many times so i retired.

Now i am literally rambo, but in an f150.

[spoiler]its actually shocking how many are dead
>>
A bum is someone who travels and drinks, a hobo is someone who travels and works, a tramp is someone who travels to avoid working.

Keep this shit in the containment thread.
>>
>>981739
My daddy disowned me, my ex wife stole my savings, my kids are girls so they don't want a father so I will be living out of my vehicle until the government confiscates it for not having an address. Does that make me a trustfunder? Sorry I just can't keep up with all the buzzwords
>>
>>981803
Ups store addresses are 60$ a quarter or like 200$ a year.
>>
It can be a fun adventure for you. I like the life style and with the library system in America you have access to free internet.
I suggest you keep your sleeping area concealed and a secret so you minimize the risk of getting attacked while your sleeping.
>>
>>981704
>Hobo
>Glamorous
What

The glory of hobos is a liberal fad made by oogles and other "i'm mad at mommy and daddy" people.
>>
>>981718
Freegan
>>
>>981704
Who the fuck thinks being homeless is glamorous? You better find a warm town with many outreach organizations and food sharing programs otherwise you will be fighting for your life every single night

I work closely with the homeless in my community. I live in south florida so cold is never a problem but the heat sure as fuck is. And cops are brutal with rhem just because it looks bad to tourists. Middle of the stafe and north florida is very hobo-friendly. Tons of support from community and really pleasant environment, lots of trees but without swamp, never too cold.
The other people you come across with be your biggest allies and biggest enemies. Most homeless are mentally unstable and liable to do anything from rape you to shank you

If you are expecting to be a drifter, you're in for even more of a shock. You better have access to resources or a vehcile or you won't make it.
>>
Do bums not care about being stinky and living in filthy clothes or are they all just wasted all the time and not notice?
>>
>>981710
Yeah it'd be great if there was some way to convey those stories over text using a common language.
>>
>>982368
kek
>>
>>981783
>Income
>requires no work

Are you a magician
>>
>>981742
>durrrrr you gotta be smart if you wanna be a hobo.
>>
>>982433
Laying in a ditch soaked in others urine and vomit is a skill
>>
>>982374
He's medically retired Mil.
>>
>>982490
You're an idiot.
>>
>>981706
Came here to post this.
>>
>be a non /outhipster/-hobo
>live in a ditch
>get ulcers all over your body from rat diseases
>die
>rotten corpse gets discarded in an unmarked grave
>>
>>981786
This guy gets it. Men of oaks n shit.
>>
>>981704
Keep it in the containment thread. Very, very few hobos are successful at being hobos by choice. If you truly have nothing to lose, then go for it. Otherwise, you distance your self from the range of choices which you once commanded.
>>
>>982568
And by "successful", I didn't mean a long or prosperous life, but simply, one that you can can live with.
>>
Other homeless rape and steal from each other on a regular basis. They also lay claim to corners that they beg on and such, and will charge you a fee for collecting there and what not. It's a brutal lifestyle. Females also become a commodity if they are homeless.
>>
>>982568
what board?
>>
>>982568
>Keep it in the containment thread.
This
I leave them alone in there, but this shouldn't spill into other threads because they devolve into shit flinging
>>982594
>>977843
>>
>>981704
It is really fun if you are into the lifestyle AND if you are young, start in your 20s and dont do it more than a couple of years, the more time you are into that, the harder it is to get out and become a normal person, and the thing is you cant and wont want to be living in the street after 30 or 35. It becomes harder, you are not a handsome young kid anymore so poeple will be less simpathetic, also you have less energy, you get tired more easily, you start having chronic pain, etc.

tldr; its a cool adventure to have only if young enough and just a short period of time.
>>
I keep thinking about being homeless.

What are good ways to make income while homeless?
>>
>>982618
suck dick for money
>>
>>982618
You can steal from others or you can sell drugs/your body
Thats it
>>
>>982618
Find a job.

You can be homeless and still work.
>>
>>982618
Sell your organs, body, be a drug mule, resell stolen goods.
>>
>>981704
come to portland, oregon and i will kick you i the face. dont become a hobo. stay in school, get good grades. make something of yourself beavis....
>>
This >>981795 is the only person in the entire thread who knows what a hobo is. The rest of you should be ashamed for wasting OP's time.

>>981704
It's pretty great; you work when you want to without any long-term commitments, you travel all the time and still have money to spend. Try to find work in a nice small community or farm town, make sure the boss knows that it's only temporary, ask if he knows a place to set up a tent (sometimes he'll have a room to offer you), and when you feel like moving on give him notice and finish your project if you ever expect to need work in the area again.
>>
I'm thinking of living the vagabond life. I have a dog, a border collie specifically. Any hobos with a dog can you tell me about what it's like?
>>
>>982635
>work a job and still be homeless

Sounds like a great plan retard
>>
>>982947
It is, I make more than I will ever need and have no expenses.

/biz/ as fuck
>>
>>981704
I love looking at pictures like these, because there's always some kind of giveaway that they arent quite as filthy as you think. Notice the perfect white socks and practically new looking headlamp.
>>
>>981704
Looks like some scene chick fell in the mud.
>>
>>981704
I tried the freight train hopping thing 20 years ago. It was hard, went hungry, got harassed a lot by cops and locals alike. If you are young and want to piss off a few years doing something unproductive just so you can have stories, go for it.

I found it much better when a friend got me a job on the rail road and I became a certified engineer. I got to play on trains and it actually paid.
>>
>>982374
It's not that hard to get some investment income on the side. A couple of well chosen rental properties or some dividends would support a homeless lifestyle.
>>
>>984041
>>984041
The socks are one thing, I change my socks almost every day and they're the only thing I really ever change. I'd say he fits the bill of your average city dirty kid/crustpunk who has just enough time to sew his pants but not enough concentration to sew them right or continue after the basics are covered.

If your pants/patches could be ripped right off, by someone else or catching it on a snag, you're doing it wrong. My crotch/ass patches are five or six layers of leather deep, aside from being dirty I could make his pants in a day.
>>
>>981782
Its like that but minus the rich dad part. They are usually or or lower middle class
>>
>>984690
Why do crust people never wash their clothes? I would find it disgusting after a few weeks. And its not because they cant afford it.
>>
oooohhh.... hobo.

that makes alot more sense.
>>
>>984701
There's often no reason to, it's just not part of the culture to constantly be clean or changing clothes. There's also many positive aspects to being dirty but that's a topic for shitposting general.

Dirtykids are a counterculture that's a pretty big mash-up of previous counterculture. The shit that happens in a ghetto or a trailer park when someone starts doing well for themselves or trying to do better? The same thing happens among dirty kids.

These kids are chasing an idea perpetuated by both those of us doing it and by those who just need more anarchist/antifa minions. The ones of us who do it, we try to develop each other and ourselves. The idiots who know what they're doing in cultivating this counter culture encourage the kids to be crazy and stupid and to hate the system. The more people turned off from living frugal and outside, the better. For certain interests, anyway.
>>
>>981718
Kek
>>
>>981704
>Are there any downsides?
Smelling like dirty Ass all the time
Shitty haggard clothing
Society avoiding you whenever possible.
More susceptible to diseases and illness

Nope can't think of any downsides at all my man.
>>
File: depressed.png (8KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
depressed.png
8KB, 512x512px
>Tfw dream is to set up enough investments to be a vagabond

Is 9k a year enough?
>>
>>984728
That's not how it works. That's $9000 too much. Give it away for Tru freedom
>>
>>984728

i'd get up to 12k a year, 1000 a month is doable

vagabond life is shitty though, get a van, set that motherfucker up to be a mobile apartment because i guarantee you will get tired of being out in the wilderness with not shit and smelling funny

theres no fucking way in hell you can convince me to ditch me coffee maker to stare at some fucking mountains, nope, fuck that brother i need that shit to be alive in the morning regardless if there is an obligation to do something i dont want to do or not
>>
>>984728
I am the vet that lives in his truck and camps. I survive off a little over 1k a month and beleive it or not i put about 500 in savings most months.

My bills are:
Phone - 60
Truck insurance - 110 (full coverage still just in case. It is my home)
Storage locker - 88
Gym membership -25

I pay aboymt 100 every 6 months for a mailbox too. The rest goes into food and supplies and an occasional cheap motel. And liquor.

You could probably get by fairly well on 800 a month but you wont be able to travel as much or eat as well.
>>
>>981704
you want to be smelly, ridden with disease, and going insane, eating shit off the street or w/e people might just give you? Also dealing with shitbag teenagers and adults who will piss on you as you sleep or do some other bullshit to you because "hey it's just a hobo nobody cares". What's glamorous about that?
>>
>>984858
What's it mean when my dog slides his ass across the carpet?
>>
>>984880
He hates you
>>
>>982341
No, you work with bums who subsist entirely off of a system that you personally are involved in. You know absolutely nothing about the homeless individuals that actually thrive on a lack of financial commitment, because we don't sit around begging for your help.

>>982354
Yup, bums usually are wasted and consequently apathetic to their hygenic needs. That's what happens what people get complacent and self-entitled to free shit.

>>982453
>>982554
>>982584
>>982630
>>982633
>>982636
>>982646
>>984720
>>984877
That is also a bum. It's almost like you're all grade-schoolers that have never opened a dictionary before.

>>982618
>>984728
I day trade online. I started with $100, trading BTC. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a natural talent for market analysis. But there's other things that can be done online as well. There's a ton of very successful bloggers and 'tubers that do little more than talk about how the keep themselves fed and clothed.

>>983908
>>984663
>>984858
Hell, yea!
>>
>>984858
Just get Facebook you homeless sperg
>>
>>985068
The last time used facebook was the last time i was deployed. I put in my name but it is technically more common than john smith. I did not include my age or school. I added only my family. 3 days later every single ex gf i ever had sent me a friend request.

Fuck facebook.
>>
>>985079
I'm not seeing the issue. You're afraid that Facebook's algorithm can compare mutual friends and send suggestions of people you may know?

It's time to take the tin foil off pal.
>>
>>985083
No i just have no intention of becoming fake friends with people. I see that as disingenuine.

Look kiddo. I had a facebook in the second round. I had a ut.edu address. I grew out of facebook before it ever became cool.

Yea people use it now but it's not only a crutch but a advertisement spy platform, which anyone with a brain figured out back in 04.

Go ahead use it all you want. Fuck all those old hs girls. Thats pretty much ehat its used for. I will pass. There are other ways of finding information.
>>
>>985086
You can sign up, find your buddies, exchange contact info, and delete it. It's not a big deal. You're not gonna get put on any government watchlists.

But it's clear you'd rather roleplay as John Rambo.
>>
>>985092
It has nothing to do with government watchlists kiddo. The government just has to send me an email and i will report. It has to do with everything else. And most guys i was with dont use it for the same reasons.

Its really useful if you want to fuck grils from highschool. It is not useful for me.
>>
>>985096
>It has nothing to do with government watchlists kiddo

I know it doesn't. It has to do with wanting to role play as Rambo
>>
>>985105
Do you know what questions they ask you when you need to recover a password? Things like what your first car was, what school you went to, your mother's maiden name, your date of birth and your pet's name.

It's a good thing I have a conscience, I could ruin lives with the information people freely post on facebook.
>>
>>981704
Are you gonna beg outside of strip mall liquor stores with a fake story about how your sister's car got a flat and you can't afford a tow truck so need money for a taxi? Or are you just gonna have no fixed address while you work and travel?
>If you don't choose the second one, you're human garbage.
>>
>>981704
if you have naturally very strong teeth, then i cant think of a downside.
i personally am in the process of paying thousands to get my teeth fixed after being homeless and my teeth getting fucked hard.
only takes a year or 2.
>just turned 22.
>stitches from my 9 extractions just starting to fall out.
>people started living in shit for a reason
>>
>>981786
What is your job?
>>
Your romanticising a life out in the cold and the rain, with a bunch of drug addicts, people with mental problems and general other scum. I wouldn't ever consider a hobo life in the cities other than the dumpsters runnith over with free food
>>
>>985147
So you're afraid of someone gaining access to your account?

Those questions are pretty standard across the net, but here's a neat little trick: they don't check your answers. You can say your first pet was named "R4Mb0F3T1SH" and they'll allow it, and no one will ever guess it.
>>
>>985311
I'm not afraid of someone getting access to my accounts, but I'm a lot more careful than the majority of people who use facebook. It's simply something that I think people should be mindful of.

The primary reason why I don't use facebook is because I don't want my crazy ex's to be able to easily contact anyone I might currently be seeing. That's just a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>985238
*You're
Also, you're wrong. Here's a story from an actual, real-life hobo:
>Been working in Washington throughout the winter, saving up monies to travel.
>Catch a ride down to Portland with a great older businessman-man type, share stories and conversation, spend the night in Portland and see the sights.
>Catch a ton of other rides all the way down the coast with various other peoples from hippies to business owners, have awesome conversations and make a few contacts to pursue work in the future.
>Spend a few weeks hanging out in southern California on the beach, swimming and relaxing in the sun, then head up into the mountains to hike and camp for the next couple months.
>Still have money to spare, so I buy a bus ticket home, where I meet a girl and I decide to spend some time with her instead of going back home to work.
>Eventually make it home, find a place with a short lease and start saving up to do it again.
>Leaving again in two weeks when my lease is up.
>>
>>985409
you're still just a normie. not even a tramp. hitch hiking tourist is what you are. a hobo is a person who rides the rails and works. also you should be encouraging these idiots to post in the containment thread because duplicate threads hurt the board fgt
>>
So all these hoboes are trust fund kids? Geez they should take some of that green and buy some soap
>>
>>985415
For a guy who can't hold a job and has to live off begging and dumpster diving you sure talk highly of yourself. Yet for all your running away from life, wherever you go you are still there the same cunty fool
>>
>>981704
not having a home
not having easy access to electricity
not having easy access to running water or showers or toilets
having to beg for money to get food and water because no one will hire you since you are covered in dirt
>>
>>985540
also not being able to get heating or air conditioning
not being able to be safe when you sleep
if you are a woman you are gonna get raped a lot and will have to deal with possibly having a rape baby now too(also cant afford an abortion)
police and most people see you as worthless
>>
>>985538
what the fuck are you talking about you faggot? i want duplicate threads to stop so i'm a cunty fool?
get bent
>>
>>985545
>take that internet stranger!!
kek u sure showed that guy anon. im sure hes gunna go get bent this very second.

its a cliche but still true: arguing on the internet it likethe special Olympics. even if you win ur still retarded.
>>
>>985409
Thanks for sharin' dude, good to hear, actually kinda made my day
>>
>>985547
sorry, i don't share your retarded epeen philosophy. this board is anonymous. no one wins anything. you don't know me from jack and you still love writing out gay ass posts like that, maybe you should follow your own advice.

or mine, fuck yourself.
>>
>>985540
>not having a home
I do, i just carry mine everywhere I go.
>not having easy access to electricity
I've got a 7W solar charger for my phone, nothing else I have uses electricity.
>not having easy access to running water or showers or toilets
I bathe in lakes, rivers and oceans. I bet you can't swim in your bathtub.
>having to beg for money to get food and water because no one will hire you since you are covered in dirt
I have no trouble finding work when I need it. But you're still going to pretend you know more about how I live my life than I do, aren't you?

>>985541
>also not being able to get heating or air conditioning
I don't need it, if there weather sucks, I just go someplace that the weather doesn't suck.
>not being able to be safe when you sleep
Compare the number of home invasions to the number of tents that get broken into and get back to me on that, will ya?
>if you are a woman you are gonna get raped a lot and will have to deal with possibly having a rape baby now too(also cant afford an abortion)
Women should always travel in groups, regardless of their housing situation if that's a concern for them.
>police and most people see you as worthless
I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with police, perhaps it's just assholes like you that look down on others?

>>985567
'Welcome! I enjoy my life. I hope that everyone who wants to do something similar takes some time off to at least try it and see if it makes them happy too.
>>
Most of the bums/panhandlers that I've met actually have apartments they they stay in and just choose not to work.

Most of the travelers I've met work seasonal/temporary jobs and don't need to beg.

I often wonder if the negativity in these threads comes primarily from basement dwellers who project their own worthlessness onto others because they're jealous of the fact that travelers live more exciting lives than they do. maybe they should grow some balls and leave the safety of their parents' house.
>>
File: 936058_1_0920-trash_standard.jpg (91KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
936058_1_0920-trash_standard.jpg
91KB, 600x400px
>>985599
No my dislike for them is completely reasonable
>>
File: trash.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>985599
Idk why anyone wouldn't want bums around
>>
>>981704
It's only fun if you live in an area with warm winters. Freezing all the time is not fun.
>>
>>985650
So then what's your reason?

>>985656
Yeah, bums suck. But that's not what we're discussing here. You still don't understand the difference, do you?
>>
>>985599
Most of the beggars I have met do not have apartments

"travelers" is a euphemism for vagrants and is used by the incredibly defensive beggar population

The negativity in these threads is because beggars don't stay in their containment thread
>>977843
>>
A person's lack of ability to distinguish an apple from and orange doesn't make them the same fruit, it just makes the person a shitty cook.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb5ivvcTvRQ
>>
>>981704
Only if your a rich hobo.
>>
>>985827
That's called a snowbird.
>>
>>985841
>that feeling when you qualify as a rich hobo.
>>
>>981779
Look at the lazy, shitty life hes chosen and you wonder why he cant even make decent dietary choices? Serious?
>>
>>981704
T. Dirty Mike and the boys.
>>
>>981786
>>982490
Being this triggered by a hobo
>>
>>984970
How to get started day trading?
>>
>>987531
M8 they don't seem triggered

Tell me something, was Bernie Sanders your preferred candidate in the US elections?
>>
>>987565
Start with $100 Btc. Keep selling and buying until you've lost it all
>>
>>981710
Depends on how you live. If you're smart and take care of yourself, you should be alright. I'm willing to bet that those stories come from homeless alcoholics and drug addicts who didn't take care of themselves.

You can't survive on your own if you're dependent on a substance and totally ignore basic survival practices because of your addiction.
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-08+at+05.26.04).png (41KB, 1270x437px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-08+at+05.26.04).png
41KB, 1270x437px
>>987565

Start by having a lot of money. "Day trading" is just a gentle way of saying that you're unemployed. You need to have your basic needs and living situation completely covered, otherwise you'll be dipping into your financial capital just to feed yourself and pay rent- counterproductive because you'd ideally reinvest this money. Then you can add brokerage fees on top of that, and you'll find out why nobody does this.

The idea that an average person is able to just quit their day job and subsist off money they make off investments day-to-day is fantasy. Your living expenses are probably minimum around 20-30k per year, depending where you live. Assuming a strong rate of return, you'll need a portfolio of around $200 000. Assuming a realistic rate of return, you'll probably need upwards of $400 000. That's assuming your standard of life is around the poverty line. To support a family or live in comfort, you need immense amounts of money to make it possible, at which point there is really no reason to personally "day trade" anymore.

You *will* be much better off working and having your investments managed professionally. Of course you can manage your own, but it's basically impossible that you'll be able to make better decisions that a team of people that do it professionally.

A lot of people made a ton of money off BTC. This is really nothing new. It's easy to make huge money once and ignore every failure- very few will be able to make decisions like that over and over again.
>>
>>987650
>The idea that an average person is able to just quit their day job and subsist off money they make off investments day-to-day is fantasy.
Very, very true. That said, there are a few very skilled individuals that consistently make money because they understand how the market works and they don't let emotions influence their decision-making. You have to consider that for every dollar one person lost from making a bad trade, a smarter person made by making a good trade.

But I'll say it again: I don't recommend that anyone else try it, you'll probably lose your money.
>>
>>987650
Yes but how do you actually do it.
>>
>>987691
Jesus Christ... You wan to give your money to me, fine, I'll tell you how to give your money to me.

Create an account on BTC-E as well as Coinbase. Take the money that you want me to have into Coinbase to convert it to BTC, transfer said BTC to your BTC-E account. When you think the BTC price is as high as it will get, click 'sell' and you'll get USD to trade. When you think that the BTC price is as low as it will get, click 'buy' and you'll get BTC back. If you sell higher than you bought for (plus 0.2% commission/trade), you'll make money. If you panic and make shitty trades like most people, than I'll make money instead of you.

Seriously, don't do it. I have enough money as it is.
>>
>>982368
>Yeah it'd be great if there was some way to convey those stories over text using a common language.
lol
>>
>>987702
I meant day trading in general. Isn't there software for it? What's a good starter software? I'd love to beef up your net worth in stocks as well.
>>
>>987719
Day trading generally requires high-volume trades, so BTC-e, which allows low-volume trading would be preferable to someone who's just starting out.

In regards to BTC-e, there is software available, but given the lack of traceable (read: theft recovery) of BTC, I personally wouldn't trust software to not have embedded spyware. I don't feel the need to diversify; my portfolio has a much higher rate of return than my mother's, which is professionally managed.
>>
>>987726
What is the purpose of the software? It trades for you?
>>
>>982490

Embarrassing post. Also, if just say fat. You know she's fucking fat.
>>
>>988109
Depends on the software. Some software tracks various prices and displays them in a graph, some software scans a list of websites for new information that it displays in a ticker, and yeah, some software automates simple trades for you. But since practically all the software you can get runs on Windows and you can't check the sourcecode, is that something you want to trust your money to? Or would you feel safer if you only traded on a dedicated linux machine that has no other purpose than maintaining security?
>>
>>988170
Most BTC software is open source. Why anyone would use proprietary bitcoin shit is beyond me. Though I don't really know why people use any proprietary software.
>>
>>988109
The software is how you make monies on Bitcoin. You pirate a generic program and tweak it or not and sell it to Bitcoin enthusiasts. 100% profit on every sale. Foolproof
>>
>>987678
I don't think investment income is a fantasy. But day trading is a job not an investment, and a risky one at that.

If you want some income, buy a few rental properties, get a good management company and start collecting. If you get enough rentals, it's literally a private pension plan
>>
>>981704
i hate these larping crusty cunts acting like being homeless means you have your outfit designed by the walking dead team
>>
>>989741
>day trading is a job not an investment
But if I had a job and took off for weeks at a time with no notice, I'd not have a job; as a trader, I get to go wherever I want, whenever I want and pick right back up where I left off. In fact, I only started down this road because holding long-term employment was difficult for me in the first place.

>and a risky one at that.
I could see that for someone who had a mortgage and utilities to pay for and relied on steady income in order to maintain the lifestyle to which they'd become accustomed, but I don't have those commitments; the most I can lose is some pocket change (and it's cumulative gains), that I figured I was probably throwing away anyway. I mean, it would suck if I lost it all, but it wouldn't affect my lifestyle.
>>
>>987644
das true but also, I mean what's separates you from them? are you ubermensch or just a normie
>>
OP is describing a vagabond backpacker lifestyle. It isnt too bad, but it is not sustainable as you get older.

Ever see that pathetic old man backpacker hitching? Did you stop?

See that young girl by herself with a giant pack? Fuck eyah you stopped.
being a hobo fucking sucks, everyone wants to rape you or steal from you. Which is pretty close to being a backpacker by yourself.
>>
>>981704
Well, there are different kinds of hobo.

If you mean living in a VW bus, traveling as you please and making a living blogging or selling crafts or some fucking thing? Yeah, I guess you could say that's glamorous, though that barely counts as being a "hobo".

I know a guy who lives in a van by choice. He's an old retired vet, living on VA benefits and such. He stays in the van so he has more money to spend on other things. He's a pretty crazy conspiracy theorist and is one of those preppers that buys anything and everything someone tries to sell him if they say it's "survival" related. He even raises chickens in cat carriers in his van. He's a little insane, but he's a sort of idol of mine, and he seems pretty happy being a hobo.

However your average hobo is sleeping on a park bench and eating out of a Dumpster. If you believe that is a great lifestyle, more power to you and I wish you well, but I hope the downsides are obvious.
>>
>>982947
It actually is. Live in an RV or a van, pay exactly zero rent, invest all the extra money or blow it on weaboo merch or guns or drugs or whatever you want. I plan to do that at some point
>>
>>991444
None of those are being a hobo
>>
>>990357
Hey I'm not knocking the lifestyle. If you can live on less, you're doing better that 90% of the folks out there.

But my only point was that, any way you slice it, you are trading your time for money. No workee, no money. In my book, that's a job.
>>
>>991447

It's actually cheaper just to rent a room than to live in an RV. Plus you get electric and plumbing.
>>
>>982368
>>982372
>>987706
Literally not worth repeating. People who are an eyewitness to something are better to be listened to in person that 3rd hand via text.

>>987644
Taking care of yourself includes not being a hobo. You need to remember that the OP said "HOBO" not "vagabond" or "traveler". Hobo is all that plus being "impoverished". Meaning when you fuck up anything in the slightest your life can quickly spin out of control due to the lack of funds, physical ability, and social networking. Hobos are normally somewhat mentally ill just like most homeless people.
>>
>>991651
How? What expenses do you have that compare to rent? All you have to pay is gas, gym or Y membership for the shower, and a PO box
>>
>>991671
Hobo just means you ride trains and work everywhere you go. The thing you nuts always hate are the down and out addicted littering home bums that you see loving under bridges pushing around shopping carts. /out/ doesnt know any better so you lump everyone in with your standard shitty home bum with no prospects.
>>
>>991673

Ideally you want a new RV so you will have that payment. Food will cost more since you will be eating out or buying prepared stuff. And if you want electric and plumbing you will need a lot hookup which can cost as much as an apartment.
>>
I miss the homeless generals, they were oddly very comfy.
>>
>>991695
That really is trust fund hobo tier.

Learn some mechanical shit, get a used RV for 2 or 3 grand and fix it up. Cook on a camp stove. Solar panels on van for electricity. Gym membership for shower, fill jugs of water where you can, use gas station bathroom. No plumbing needed.
>>
>>981786

What job did?
>>
Can't there be a /bum board already so we can completely ignore these depressing sacks of shit like we do in real life?
>>
>>981704
>itt
>brick cuks get mad
why do you people even come to /out/
>>
>>991852
>that one rectum ravaged anon who won't shut the fuck up about how everyone hates the bums who post here
Lmao @ ur life, sun
>>
>>991872
First time I've ever posted in these microcosms of despair, delusion, and degeneracy. What's your bum plan when you have a medical emergency?
>>
>>991872
Oh and I'm spending the next two weeks in Iceland and taking my fiance to maui next month. Lmao @ your life choices.
>>
>>991882
>>991880
>being upset that others have figured out how to live /out/ fulltime
>assuming the bums who post here are anything like the bums pushing a shopping cart around the city/trashing the parks
>trying to kick someone you perceive as socially lower than you
Ahahah when will the non-elites ever learn

you'll never be 'elite' no matter how much you hate the people 'below' you
>>
>>991904
>t. elite bum
>>
>>991911
They're called "artists" I think
>>
>>981704
I'd wager it would be ok to live on the streets where the temp never drops below 0 celsius. In my country however, you survive the hobo winter by drinking eau du cologne (fresh pine scented of course) and huddling up with other hobos (no homo).
>>
>>991904
The delusion is real.

>sage eternal
>>
>>981704
>thinking of becoming a hobo
kys hippie scum
>>
>>981704
and new socks.poser lol
>>
>>991650
>you are trading your time for money.
True, but with far less commitment than a full or even part-time job. And anyone who has money, did something to get it, whether that be regular employment, transporting 'merchandise' or begging their parents.

>>991882
>taking my fiance to maui
Because you have to jam as much fun as you can into the two weeks off you get every year?

>>992001
>new socks.poser
Do you think that travelers acquire socks second-hand?
>>
>>992790
You haven't figured out the best way to live. Sorry. Please stop trying to convince alienated young men to be a degenerate failure at life the same as you. You're worse than a nigger in africabreeding endless children he isn't going to raise and has no way to feed.
>>
>>982603
As someone who has "been there done that" this was the closest post to truth.
>>
>>992790
2 weeks in Iceland, 1 week in Maui, and 3 week road trip to PNW. Im self employed so keep grasping at straws.
>>
>>981704
covertly living in your car homeless while holding down a real job frees up a lot of money for fun stuff.

being literally homeless sucking dick for hamburgers is only fun and exciting in movies.

All those 'cool' homeless people you may hear about or even see arent fucking homeless. they are usually people who inherented a bunch of money, have rich living relatives, have some kind of trust fund and are basically live action role playing. when shit gets too real they have something to fall back on.
>>
File: CO92_YpWgAAzufw.jpg (47KB, 466x462px) Image search: [Google]
CO92_YpWgAAzufw.jpg
47KB, 466x462px
>>984735
Sad but true. Lose all connection with the material world to gain access to the outer planes of happiness.
>>
Would it work to use my Nissan Micra k11 to store my stuff and get around then camp out in woodland at night?

I'm in the UK and i have an office job and gym membership.

Any advice?
>>
>>992995
How do you eat then?
>>
>>994242
Humans have been finding and eating food for around 3 Million years.

Supermarkets have only existed for about 100 years.
>>
File: 1353290550996.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1353290550996.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
>>981704
how
>>
I sold all my shit and packed my backpack with some /out/ gear and hit the road.

Doing WWOOF'ing to stretch my money. Have about $10k left. Could get a job if I wanted to

It's a very relaxed lifestyle.
>>
>>994814
>It's a very relaxed lifestyle

That depends more on the person than the lifestyle.
>>
>all this shit
If you can eat and stay warm at night you won't die, right? Unless you get murdered which is admittedly unfortunate. I honestly can't see how being homeless would be any harder than a long term camping trip, if you have the right stuff then the only issue should be food and that is cheap or free if you know what you're doing. Just being outside constantly won't kill you or anything, humans aren't that weak.
>>
>>996922
>I honestly can't see how being homeless would be any harder than a long term camping trip
That's exactly what being homeless is; these threads just get a lot of hate because certain people think "absent of mortgage" is the same as "drug addicted bum".

>food and that is cheap or free
The funny thing about this is, last week I had fresh smoked mountain trout with wild rice and morel gravy, and all it cost me was about 25 cents worth of oil and flour.
>>
hobo's don't have clean white socks.
>>
>>996999
>hobo's don't have clean white socks.
That's probably the fifth time that's been posted.
It is true though, cotton doesn't hold up for shit, most of us wear DarnToughs.
>>
>>981704
Like Kayne in Kon Fu?
>>
So what do you guys do if you ever decide you don't want to be new age travellers anymore? Are you fucked? Do you all keep a few grand in a bank somewhere? What?
>>
>>997116
>So what do you guys do if you ever decide you don't want to be new age travellers anymore?
Are you asking how we would get a job when our resume has been devoid of employment for the last decade? I can't speak for everyone, but but for those of us that aren't crazy or drug addicts, finding employment shouldn't be the most difficult thing in the world. You just have to explain away the lack of employment as 'cultural enrichment' and 'an education in personal budgeting'. Most employers would rather hire someone they find interesting anyway. After all, hearing stories of the intrepid travel is probably the most exciting thing they'll ever do at work.
>>
File: banainers.jpg (33KB, 373x550px) Image search: [Google]
banainers.jpg
33KB, 373x550px
>>997125
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I interview all new hires for the business I work at and GAPING holes in your resume can't be explained away with "oh i was just fucking around, riding the rails n shit!"

Also, no one in the real world wants to hear your shitty stories. That is why you need to psot them on an Hungarian potatoelover board. You are hilariously delusional.
>>
>>997139
So you work at a company that wants all of their employees to be mindless drones that have nothing better to talk about than the most recent picture they took of their kid. That's not every company ever.

Also, you really expect anyone to believe that you're an HR manager that doesn't refer to themselves as an HR manager, when your title is the most important thing in your life? Talk about gaping holes in a story.
>>
>>997149
Kekeroo!

It's true that jobs at a "company that wants all of their employees to be mindless drones" is all you will be able to land in the future.

Though it might surprise you that there are small, awesome companies where you can make great money, work with your friends and still not have a stick up your ass.

HR manager! Double kek. Our company doesn't even have one of those! I'm an engineer and I do dope shit all day while talking about anything I want without fear of HR or any of that crap.

Obviously interviews still need to happen as we have quite a few people who want to be working here, so I usually just do those with one of my buddies.
That way I can make sure we keep the culture here the way i like it.
>>
File: You seem upset..jpg (81KB, 578x268px) Image search: [Google]
You seem upset..jpg
81KB, 578x268px
>>997159
Have you considered that maybe all this negativity stems from a deep-rooted fear that you're wasting your life, and that bullying people on the internet is your way of coping with it?

Either way, it's no skin off my dick. I make enough to be able to live the way that I want without having to give up the choice of how I spend each day.
>>
>>997164
I see no negativity in my posts, simple telling it how it is. Maybe having a counterpoint to the whole "there is only the (awesome!) hobo life or jobs at wallmart" mantra.
>>
>>997167
You're like a caged animal, beating on the glass because you're pissed off that everyone on the other side gets to come and go as they please. Every day, you have to live with the idea that if you don't do what you're told, when you're told to do it, that everything you've spent your entire life working towards can be taken away from you because you don't actually own any of it, you only get to use your house and your car and your spouse/bf/gf, because you have that job and the money that it provides. I'm sorry for you, I really am.

I found a way to live without debt, to own every moment of my own life, and for those people who come here seeking that, I share it. I really don't think that you'd be here if you were really happy with where your path has taken you, and maybe what I do isn't what would make you happy, but you need to find something that will, because coming here to shit on how other people choose to live their lives is clearly a cry for help.
>>
File: faggit.jpg (4KB, 125x95px) Image search: [Google]
faggit.jpg
4KB, 125x95px
>>997174
LOL!
>>
>>997176
You can mock me all you like, it's not going to change the fact that I'm happy with where I am in life. But at some point, you should ask yourself why you're trying so hard to convince me that your life is the only way that life should be lived; perhaps you're really just trying to convince yourself?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (30KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
30KB, 320x200px
>>997181
Your Jimmies seem severely rustled.

I'm just sitting here eating a bagel that I got from the snack room and making money while we are having this mighty fine conversation.
>>
File: denial.jpg (15KB, 244x162px) Image search: [Google]
denial.jpg
15KB, 244x162px
>>
>>997188
And there it is. You quantify your personal success based on the money that you make, I quantify mine based on the experiences that I've had. Now, I'm not saying that my definition of success is more valid than yours, but I'm here talking about how much I enjoy life, and you're here telling me I shouldn't. Why do you think that is?
>>
Maybe someday, someone will find a valid reason why I should give up camping, traveling and fishing to spend the rest of my life in a cubicle, but today is not that day.
>>
>>981704
just get a shotgun. things will start going your way after that.
>>
>>997181
>you're really just trying to convince yourself

Classic projection. You just traded one box life for another and still feel trapped. Maybe you can drown that feeling by being daddy bear to the kids and getting wasted.
>>
>>997197
>>997189

Why are you so afraid of a little work? Is laziness and sloth how you identify?
>>
>>997238
I'm not convinced, but I'll give you the opportunity to do so. How do you think I'm trapped? Keep in mind here, that I'm the day trader from earlier in the thread and am able to maintain sufficient, though admittedly not grandiose, income without having to work regularly schedule hours.

>>997241
It's not so much a fear as it is a lack of necessity. If I already have enough money to live how I choose, why should I work if I don't want or need more money?
>>
>>997206
>My only way to avoid being homeless is to spend the rest of my life in a cubicle

You are a drama queen
>>
File: tough choice.jpg (210KB, 1121x500px) Image search: [Google]
tough choice.jpg
210KB, 1121x500px
>>997262
>Thinking I would want to avoid essentially retiring at twenty-eight for any job.
>>
Digital nomads are a thing, guys.
>>
>Be me
>32, no debt, no bills, investment income
>No one to answer to
>No point in committing to a single place to live when I'd rather pick up and go whenever and wherever I want
>Get to live wherever happens to have the nicest weather at the time
>People who swim in debt despite working full time call me a loser
Lol. Keep on hating.
>>
>>991352
Jokes on you faggot, I didn't stop for either of them
>>
>>996975
I mean, I can understand that the sheer ratio of stereotypical dirty bums to honest traveling men makes the activity look bad, but isn't that really just a reflection of normalfags who can't cope with life living outside of their cages? The dirty bums are all normalfags who couldn't control their life after they were ejected forcefully from their box, and had a rapid decline in behavior and health, getting addicted to drugs and whatnot. Anyone who chooses to life without an anchor is very likely to be as clean, and as mentally healthy in terms of their own interests, as possible.
>>
>>997732
Sounds like solid logic to me. I can't speak for anyone else, but I chose to live an unburdened life, free of commitment; nothing was taken from me, so I never had to deal with those stresses of loss. As a result, I fall on the more stable side of that spectrum where drugs and alcohol are an occasional treat rather than a dependence.

I do think that for those of us that make the choice to become 'homeless', there is some reminiscence of a more opulent lifestyle, but that can be quickly remedied with each fish caught and barefoot step in the sand. Some things are simply worth more than money.
>>
How does one deal with the rain. So Much Rain!
>>
>>997771
Tarp ponchos are cheap and versatile.
>>
My main problem is people trying to take advantage through abuse, robbery and rape. I rarely get to be left alone when traveling around.
Last few years I've appreciated traveling by car just because it can be locked and protect me while I sleep, but the extra expense is a burden.
>>
>>997771
Snowbirding. Just don't be where the rain is.

>>997773
Also yes.

>>997777
Obligatory 'quads'
Cities can be dangerous places, as can on occasion, hitchhiking. Sleeping away from where other people will find you is your safest bet, as well as wearing dark colors and earth tones and generally not making your presence known. You can ask anything here, there's always shitposters, but there's also those of us that can help.
>>
>2017
>Not having a job you love that's also one of your hobbies
lmaoing @ your are life
>>
>>997790
my main strategy is to avoid people, but the backside of the medal is that if I go somewhere without people and people still find me then there's no way of getting help from others. Then the car is a godsend.

I've wanting to get more into camouflage, and this summer I plan to completely hide my camp using dark tarp covered with leaves and moss. Hoping that will deter people from checking stuff out.
>>
Two ish years of homeless general threads and it never ceases to amaze just how much you all have not learned about being homeless. /out/ is full of people who would rather shitpost than think.
>>
>>997910
desu I've started to think that the shitposting is done by some of the homeless just to keep the thread from dying. If you boiled it down to actual homeless chat, there wouldn't be that much to say, most seems to be repetition of simple rules to follow.

There should just be a sticky for the homeless that links to the homeless wiki, dumpster diving wiki, and the like.
>>
>>981783
is that george w bush park?
>>
File: rsz_1img_20170420_112505.jpg (437KB, 955x1271px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1img_20170420_112505.jpg
437KB, 955x1271px
>>997913
The shitposters are definitely not us. Never had a problem keeping the thread alive. There is enough interest that i get emails and people meeting up with me in real life every thread despite the shitposting. Beyond answering questions there isnt much to do, the other guys tell stories every once in a while but i tend to keep mine to myself. I phonepost so typing up a sticky/pastebin/etc. is a pain for me so i havent done it, prefer to just answer questions. Honestly i want to be where i am, let the shitposters think theyre somehow ruining it for us. People who really want to know more or who are interested/need help taking that first step email and or meet up with me even though every thread has 200+ posts of hatery. That means we're helping people, and we win.
>>
>>991882
kek i love this, ohh wow big bad yuppie over here spending a month out the year in iceland and hawaii wow you sure have it made man god i definitely chose the wrong path
>>
>>982490
do you touch your children with those potty fingers
>>
>>997942
You didn't choose your path you ran out of decent options based on poor choices
>>
>>997846
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you rely on society to maintain your existence, but at the same time, you have a reasonable fear of sleeping in the open in densely populated areas.

You basically have two options: rely on society less and give up the things that cost you money for things that can be acquired freely (think squirrel and cattail stew) or rely on society more and start spanging more and better areas so that you can afford to maintain or even upgrade your vehicle (outfitting a diy campervan).

If you keep a long-term camp in/near a town and you're by yourself, you're gonna get fucked with, that's all there is to it.

>>997910
>it never ceases to amaze just how much you all have not learned
You do realize that the "Anonymous" who's asking questions today isn't the same "Anonymous" that was asking questions a few years ago, right?

>>997913
You're suggesting that there's so few people that hate the homeless that we have to simulate the hatred ourselves? No. Just no.

>>998053
>Thinks he knows more about us than we do.
Okay, faggit. You obviously know everything.
>>
>>998053
Not everyone wants to live a normie life with a house and a job and a car.

I know people that have owned homes and had jobs and just left it all behind.
>>
en temperley no me duran un dia salames
salu2.-
>>
>>998058
You could be the one perv in the bus who can't hack working because he is lazy or the cripple in the van who can't afford a house and his vices but either way you are have no other options. That's why you try so hard to glamorize it. Maybe it makes you feel better but everyone sees right thru the bs. I hope y'all get better soon
>>
>>998351
Actually, I'm the day trader who thinks paying to be stuck in one place all the time is stupid when it's cheaper to have the freedom to go wherever I want.
>>
>>998381
Must be a shitty trader if you can't afford a house
>>
>>997942
As another anon noted, you ran out of choices and now you're left to the whims of fate. When you can't compete in the real world, i suppose the next best thing is to retreat into a world of fantasy where you do whatever you want whenever you want. You are a God among men, at least in your own mind. Just don't assume you're enlightened or some crazy shit because you can't handle the responsibilities of being an adult.
>>
>>997291
I prefer "technomad".
>>
>>998420
Who said I can't afford a house?

>>998437
If there's a fantasy, it's that those little pieces of paper that you're so proud of, make you any better or more important than anyone else.
>>
>>981788
>muh perception
>muh war hero
>muh life failure
Low standards are low.
>>
>>981783
Yeah you're pretty pathetic desu. You're like those creepers who rolls slowly around schools and stops at a park to talk to kids who played hooky. Weirdo.
>>
>>998548
Some days, you just need to talk to somebody.
>>
>>982930
i've been a hobo but not a hobo with a dog. I imagine it would quite a bit more difficult.
>>
>>998662
nah not at all doges are handy as fuck and you're never lonely however most fuck faces treat there doges like shit tho srsly seeing a well fed happy as fug playful doge is rare rather than your typical unfed inbred retarded doogle mutt
>>
I'm living in the BR crackhead infested streets since February. I scavenge and panhandle what I need, use public social works, squat, camp in the wild and hitchhike from one city to other. Before that I was a lifelong 31 years old neet and shutdown. It has been wonderful, the best time of my life and I will never stop. I have a very tight Package on constant improving. It feels like I'm playing a real life Cata DDA.
>>
>>998685

This is my ideal equipment, I don't have all in my current situation, but almost complete. I think I could survive next 0 Celsius. But now my path is arid BR northeast in the dry season.
Backpack Conquista Daari 45l

Clothes up waistline

2 Nylon Dry Fit long sleeved shirt, 2 liocel/cotton short sleeved shirt, Integrated anorak and fleece, buff, Custom paracord survival bracelet, compass and watch, mad max paracord bracelet, prescription glass with clip on sunglasses, Tau Cross, Cap with light, DIY wool socks and hand wrap gloves.

Clothes Down waistline

2 speedo, boxer, legs off nylon pants, tactical pants, 2 nylon socks, Trekkie socks, army belt, trekkie boots.

Hygiene and First Aid

Custom Toothbrush, Neutral Soap with storage, 100 ml Alcohol, Dental Floss, Mach 3, Mosquitoes Protection, Perfex Towel, Baking Soda and storage, Cloves and Storage.

Eletronics
Smartphone, Kindle, Turbo Charger Dual entry, 2 USB cable, vehicle charger, USB external battery, t junction

Utilities
Custom Wallet, Plastified A4 Paper, Marker, duct tape

Acampamento
Isolant Matress, Bivvy Sack, 2l Waterbag, Water Bottle, Summer Sleeping Bag, Survival Knife, Swiss Army Knife, Matches, 2 Dry Sack 8L, Candle, Plastic Garbage bag.

Work related

EVA paper, scissor, sticks, plastic bag
>>
File: hobo[1].jpg (177KB, 852x961px) Image search: [Google]
hobo[1].jpg
177KB, 852x961px
I know 4chan hates reddit, but the /r/vagabond subreddit has a pretty good sidebar for train hopping, fishing guides, dumpster diving guides, etc.
>>
>>984700

What part of being able to afford a cell phone line on a family plan, a plane ticket, and having a job (where he's been for long enough he can get his kid hired) says rich? I live one paycheck ahead, and I could do that if my kid decided that he finally wants to grow up.
>>
File: downloadfile-4.jpg (335KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-4.jpg
335KB, 960x720px
>>981786
Bro.
Best job ever.
Literally the reason that I am not currently homeless.
>>
>>998743
Dangerous job. Stay safe.
>>
>>998749
Been doing it for the better part of a decade. I am very safe.

I also compete in the southern chapter of the ISA TCCs.

Thanks for the concern though. Lots of people don't show enough caution.
>>
actual homeless person here,
the guy in OP pic is playing dress up.
If it's come to the point where you lose enough that it feels pointless rebuilding, you don't pose around like that. You don't ruffle your clean hair and stand tall. You are always shrunken, crooked and you smell like shit, no matter how many times you shower. Normies can smell the "loss" off you like dogs can smell fear.

It feels awful that some people think my hell is a fashion accessory that looks good on them. They think, without the alcoholism or mental illness or shit genes, they can make it look chic and romantic. I'm upset but nobody will care, because that's the point of being a hobo. You've run out of people who care, including you.
>>
I spent a year being homeless/Hobo

(10 months of the year I was homeless and worked as a substitute teacher. on breaks I was a true Hobo as I had to travel to earn money.)

I learned a lot but I wouldn't call it fun...
>>
>>981704
why do people see being homeless as something fun for? Are they mentally deficient? Cant they see it isn't something anyone with a choice would want to do?
>>
>>998727
4chan is becoming worse than Reddit ever was. I don't know about you but I've been noticing an increasingly boomerish userbase here.

At least on Reddit you can read through people's comments and see who is legit and who is just larping.
>>
>>998814
There's a few hobos on this subreddit who claim being homeless is the greatest thing ever.

Are they being honest? Not likely

But with the government acting against citizens to get cheap labor and votes it's only going to get worse
>>
>When you're "homeless" but have steady working income, a bank account, passport, retirement fund, get to travel, get to keep more of your paycheck than your friends and normie chicks find your life fascinating
>>
>>998866
Your nothing without your job and money. If you lose either women won't find anything fascinating about you.
>>
>>998814
its not for everyone to just drop everything and go fucked it I'm gonna go oogle it out be a bum and ride frieght trains without even ever spending like even few days sleeping or outdoors/street or have any idea what you're doing is just retarded

now if you wanna travel and see the country and come up with a "plan" have the right gear know people who are vegabonds have a way of making money and also having some IAMFUGOHGODHELPMEFUNDS you should be good being homeless and being a vegabond are two completely diffrent things
>>
>>998531
Those pieces of paper have value. You don't.
>>
>>998866
Only till what monies you got run out
>>
>>998989
What part of "steady working income" is above your basic comprehension?
>>
>>998921
That's true about any guy
>>
>>998685
>>998690
hi brazwiz, you're a tru example for all of us.
Your thread inspired me, but I have still to make the leap, I can't seem to get out of my comfort zone as I am still quite worried I'm not gonna make it and will. Hopefully soon.
>>
>>998866
>wageslave bragging about being homeless

If you really had a retirement fund you'd be retired.
>>
>>998921

>women

Slave to your boss and a worthless whore
>>
>>998921
>2017
>being a breeder cuck
>2017
>losing 99% of your finances to roastie because a (((judge))) orders you to pay up or get rapped by Tyrone
>2017
>not knowing dating a literal whore is cheaper than a "girlfriend" god forbid a wife

inb4 enjoy dying of aids faggot or whatever sad (you) ill get from a cuck like yourself
>>
>>998921
Well it's a good thing I"m steadily employed in a growing industry.
>>
lol flame warz. amirite?
>>
>>999060
What I said has obviously struck a note with you. Now let it sink in.
>>
>>998926
In my experience, people that plan generally don't ever make it past the planning stage. That's all wage cucks do when they work to save for retirement. Just wasting the real golden years (youth) planning/saving for what they really wish they were doing right now.

The clock is ticking. There ain't no rewinding it. Better start living it.
>>
>>998926
>vegabonds
>>
>>999171
sick
>>
>>998798
tell about your life, brother
>>
Being a traveler is nice when you are in your early 20s, maybe even into your late 20s.

But then you turn 33 and the only thing you own is a pile of shit you take with you everywhere, and a few thousand dollars in the bank. You are tired of sleeping outside every single day for over a decade, tired of getting beat up, tired of having to eat stuff out of the dumpster every day, tired of always hurting and being covered in bruises, tired of not really knowing anything outside of being a vagrant.

Except it's almost too late to change anything about it. You're in your 30s. No education. No work history. No property. No money. Your only option is to pray that you made contacts that can help be your babysitter for a while as they teach you how to be an adult, or just keep on being a bum.

Every "traveler" in their late teens/early 20s thinks its going to be great.
Ever wonder where all the 40 year old meth addicts shaking in the gutter come from?
>>
>>998814
>>998856
Not everyone can pull it off successfully. Those that do tend to be the most open about it, which is why there's so many romanticized stories about free living and hitchhiking out there, those who can't figure it out don't do as well, and either have to go back to work or they sit around feeling sorry for themselves and beg for money because that's the only way they can continue living without employment.

That's the real reason these threads exist, because the people who struggle to get by in this life have a lot that they can learn from those of us who live free successfully.

>>998968
>Those pieces of paper have value. You don't.
Because I only make money for myself, instead of making it for some prick in a highrise?

>>999126
Exactly! How many shitposters here are only working so they can save up for a traveling retirement, when we're already doing it? It's laughable.

>>999418
>Housed person telling travelers what traveling is like.
Okay.
>>
>>999171
>>999172
>>
File: Novaad_700.jpg (148KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
Novaad_700.jpg
148KB, 700x465px
>>1000170
>>
File: novahatchbackhutch.jpg (130KB, 504x652px) Image search: [Google]
novahatchbackhutch.jpg
130KB, 504x652px
>>1000171
>>
File: rsz_img_20170423_164408.jpg (219KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20170423_164408.jpg
219KB, 747x1328px
Oh god how am i gonna cope out here i dont think trees grow the metherionjenkemcrack i need to survive and there are no old ladies to push down and rob
Its even fuckin raining oh god what if i have to shit
I am fucked, FUCKED

Also to whatever yuppie tourist left a fork here, your fork is here
>>
File: rsz_img_20170423_172901.jpg (455KB, 939x1244px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20170423_172901.jpg
455KB, 939x1244px
I am dying inside because i cant sit around in a house guys wat do
All i want is to get a 9 to 5 and pay rent but for 5 years all i can manage is to travel around the country playing music getting stoned and drunk
I payed off all my debt and bought cool vehicles to live in but i just cant seem to give it all up to live a normal taxpaying life what am i doing wrong
I mean look at pic related, my shoes got wet yesterday and they still arent dry. Wtf am i gonna do? Anon pls show me the way
>>
>>1000616
Trying too hard you child molester
>>
File: rsz_img_20170423_160623-1.jpg (299KB, 1157x779px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20170423_160623-1.jpg
299KB, 1157x779px
>>1000654 #
No really im miserable, i mean how could i enjoy this?
Check out the new ride. Im making a fleet. So much room
>>
>>1000708
Wow, 10 sq ft of living spice. The box life indeed
>>
File: rsz_img_20161027_110251.jpg (184KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20161027_110251.jpg
184KB, 1328x747px
>>1000786
Dude have you seen my back yard?
pic related
>>
>I am free, being homeless is great!
>please believe me!
>It's so great that I'm on a mission to let the internet know how great it is!

I used to hang out in city parks and listen to Aus Rotten with like minded losers too, was a nice phase from 16 to 17, glad I branched out though and didn't turn that into my entire life.
>>
>>999297
ain't much to tell. European. Managed to get a job. But the idea of "home" is a bad joke to me. My mom kicked me out years ago since she was convinced I'm literally Satan. And I'm a religious timid guy. She has schizophrenia. Why blow my hard earned cash on some slumlord Jew? If I just want to keep dry and warm, a bunch of blankets, thick clothes and my car is all I need. I don't know why I'm saving up but I sure as hell know it's not to waste it on rent with nothing to show for it when the rent outstrips my pay. I have some sort of psych problem. I don't take my meds anymore. I think I'm pretty lucid. You may think the fact that I have a job means I should live in the hive, and that I'm being greedy. I'm not. I'll never be able to own a house, and rent in a city is a scam. I'm thriving. Hoping I could emigrate to a nicer country, maybe even the states in the near future. But I know this place pretty well, it's safe here, and it would be a shock to move. I am scared of the states. I hear it's dangerous there. A wild place. But I have skills, and maybe if I pull myself together I can be a normal person there. Home, job etc. I'll be a good citizen, pay my taxes, do voluntary work. I stopped doing heroin and no more drinking. I think I might actually make it.
>>
>>1000916
>im financially free, being a normie is great!
>please believe me!
>its so great im on a mission to tell the internet how bad anything but this is!
>pls gib me (You)s bc this is the only way i can get validation in my lonely boring life

See anon anyone can make up bullshit. Here's your coveted reply, i hope it was all worth it. Id hate for you to actually be salty irl, life is too short to be buttblasted about bums posting on 4chan.
>>
It's a fucking joke think that a traveler can't return to a sedentary life. The travelers use a word in BR "manguear" that is translated like to maneuver the cattle. My expenses are less than 1 USD daily because is a child play to manguear the normal people so they can give you the necessities of life. I eat like a king in expensive restaurants. I'm becoming fat since hoboing BR. This ability to manipulate the cattle could be very well used in a normal life. And I am ethical, so I have limits in my manguear. To bad almost everyone are crazy potheads.
>>
>>1000939
>I'll never be able to own a house
I've seen (modest) houses in rural canada and US sell for 10-20 grand. in the cities multiply that by 10 or 100
>>
>>1001440
>hobo br

Dont you mean huebo
>>
>>1000916
savage.
>>
>>981735
underrated
>>
>>1001440
What is BR?
>>
>>1001570
Brasilian
>>
>>1000878
Yeah we've seen it because you've posted it 100 times now.
>>
Haha you guys dont get to decide if its hot or cold when you go to bed

Losers

Haaaa
>>
>>1001880
Not cool man. I get to drive my little box to wear the weather is sweet.
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.