[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have/live on a microfarm/homestead business? How much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: farm-money.jpg (130KB, 492x288px) Image search: [Google]
farm-money.jpg
130KB, 492x288px
Anyone have/live on a microfarm/homestead business?

How much are you making?
What state/province are you in, and how are you making it?

I know someone in ontario making $100 a month on raising pigs.

I'm just wonder if someone working mcdonalds lives a better life than some homesteader.
>>
if you're a lazy cunt nowhere will be a good life
if you like to work and the outdoors, especially if you have never lived in the country you'll have a very hard life starting and won't make any money for years but it'll pay off eventually
>>
>>985809
>>>/biz/

Also: >>983872
>>
>>985809
>microfarm
why not just a farm
>>
Making 400 a month from selling eggs and tomatoes.

Trying to buy a small 80,000 store in the center of the local down. Want to spend 2,000 on making it look all nice and farm-y. 3,000 on marketing.

Basically, I want a store where I can sell all my fresh produce. Tomatoes, lettuce, eggs, meat, beans, broad beans, cucumber, zuchini etc. etc. etc.

All from my own farm! It'll be a mecca for quality food.
>>
>>986324

that sounds cosy, how many eggs and tomato's do you need to sell to make 400, also 400 what.
>>
>>986345
> Eggs
25 - 35 eggs a day from 40 hens

> Tomatoes
80 pounds a month using a greenhouse yearround

I currently have a deal for 800 eggs and 50 pounds of tomatoes a month for $440 a month. It's not much but it's a good start.
>>
>>985809
I don't know anyone that just homesteads. They do homestead type stuff to supplement income. I'll list a few.

Bailing hay.Eqipment is expensive but you can find someone that has it. Barter cutting some for them if you can cut your own.

Firewood

Animal breeders. Either dogs or livestock

Furtrapping-Not only selling fur, but skulls and glands as well. Some people even buy Coon carcasses to eat.

Taxidermy- Doing a euro mount on a deer is pretty easy.
>>
>>985809
I grow weed and make moonshine
Last year I cleared 70k
>>
>>986357
>25 - 35 eggs a day from 40 hens

Time to replace some hens m8.
>>
>>986324
There's one of those where I live. Started as an independa t farm stand and now they've basically become a hub for local farmers/ranchers
Qto sell their foodstuffs. They also have a bakery that makes the best pies in town.
>>
>>987836
Nice
>>
>>986357
U fuck. I spent 2k killing tomatoes and gave it up. Gg
>>
>>987836
Living the dream
>>
File: 1490372383672.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
1490372383672.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>987836
goals
>>
>>987836
You must not grow very much weed then
>>
>>987836
How much does moonshine fetch in america?
>>
>>986313

Maybe you don't have millions of dollars for equipment and hundreds of acres...
>>
>>986324

Comfy as F.

How many people are involved? Because farming + driving to town and operating the store is way more than a one person can do I would think. If you built the store on the farm however... but maybe the farm is way out of the way.
>>
I live in South Ontario, with 10 acres.

Plans

-Research what can grow in my rejoin, when to grow it, how to crop rotate and with what.
-Buy seed packets, and cover every square foot of ground with it. Prioritizing foods that grow really well. So a giant row of blackberries, of raspberries, potatoes, carrots, sunflowers.

Raise egg and meat chickens. Try to grow all their food (grains, protein, veggies) on the property, plus kitchen scrap.

Raise worms for protein for the chickens + soil. I want a huge shed of worms. Just drowning in protein and soil.

Goal #1 is to become self sufficient food wise. So that $100 weekly grocery bill per person should be saved.

Goal #2 is to become self sufficient food wise for feeding the pet dogs. Chicken, potatoes, carrots is all you need for healthy dogs. That's maybe $100 savings every two weeks.

Goal #3 is to sell the extra. Hopefully after enough experience, I could grow a surplus. Marketing and any getting/paying for hidden licensing will be a killer though. I'd want people to come to me rather than move the goods to a market or open a store in town.

Goal #4 is to get a bit more exotic. So dig out a year round tarp lined pond and raise some fish. Raise bees for honey. Raise hogs.

The over all goal is to make a living on the property. And keeping things interesting by experimenting with growing/raising new things.

Goal #5 is after becoming self sufficient, and meeting new people as customers and fellow farmers, to create a small community and political party, and expand until we take our country back. O_O

Goal #6 is retire on a commune with my antifa qt gf that I met during the great Canadian Peoples Revolution of 2030. -_-
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.